Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: It's spooky joky.
Speaker 1: I'm really sure it's dead.
Speaker 2: It's coming this way. Wait a minute, I'm costed.
Speaker 1: I lost madays heave hey bow?
Speaker 2: What weird?
Speaker 1: Did you hear that? The theme song's different, the titles different. I have finally changed the name of this podcast, ever so slightly, to the name I go by now. When I started doing this podcast, I did drag twenty four to seven. Ros dress Wells was my drag name, and over the past few years, I've just really come into my own and I don't really do drag as much anymore, and so I think it's time to change the name to the name that more people know me as these days, which is Roz Hernandez. I do want you to know that if you still call me Ross dress vil As like that's it's It's okay, don't worry. It's just you know, at one point in my life, it was the only name I ever went by, and now I'm just all about getting more real and authentic, and it's it's more like a I mean, it's a fake name. It's a it's a nickname, I guess at this point, and I prefer to be called Ross Hernandez. But but it's fine. I mean, you've known me for these years as ross dress vil as. It's don't don't worry about it. It's not the same as if you were to dead name me, which you know, calling me by the name I was born with, which.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: I have too many names, Okay, I got many names. We're consolidating the names. I can't deal with all the names, and so that's that. But I will say there's going to be some other changes going along with all this. I'm real excited about it, and I hope you will be too. Maybe you won't, I don't know. But you know, I've been doing this podcast for three and a half years, and I have talked about before that it is so hard to book a podcast period. But then when you add that people have to have amazing ghost stories or some kind of paranormal insight, that makes it so much harder. It is so hard, and somehow, I'm very proud of myself. I've been able to pull it off. But as the time goes on, it's just it's tough. So I'm going to be doing more episodes where people don't necessarily have ghost stories of their own, not at least, you know, these big show stopping stories. I'm gonna have on a lot more comedians and you know, just fun people. You know, I've just I've really, I've really painted myself in a corner. I've given you guys the goods, and I believe I'm going to continue to give you the goods. It's just going to be slightly different goods, all right. I think that the standard that I have set for the show is that I have on public figures, famous people with amazing good stories of their own, or have on paranormal professionals with all this great insight, or I have on listeners of the show with their family fantastic stories. And so I'm going to do my best to slightly change the expectations because it will make my life easier, and I think it will still be incredibly fun. Actually, I know it's really fun because I've recorded some of these types of episodes and I have been having a blast scream laughing with some of my friends. I do plan to have on paranormal professionals still, I do plan on having quote unquote traditional ghosted episodes, but I just am planning to have more people that are funny and don't have ghost stories. And when I say more, I mean, like I think most of the episodes. To be honest, hey, it's always going to be a goal to have on people with their own stories, and I'm always going to be on the lookout for those. But there's just going to be more episodes where we don't get me wrong, we will stay on topic for the most part. We are going to be talking specifically paranormal and always EVPs, same podcast, same podcast. It's just I ask that you please have an open mind and an open heart, and you give it a chance and you are open to altering your expectations out of me. In some ways, it is kind of a new version of this podcast. It's a format that I'm just going to be doing more frequently from here on out. I think it's going to be less interviewe. I think the way it always was was so dependent on the guests and what the guests bring in, and I can't I can always count on people to bring in stuff for my show, So I will be preparing stuff more. It will be more homework for me, but that's fine. I love it. I'm learning about all kinds of stuff. It's really fun for me. But it will take away some of the booking and trying to get people with ghost stories. There are so many lovely paranormal interview talk show type shows, and I do love to interview people, but I feel that my calling to the world of the paranormal has always been to find the fun in it and to find the humor in it. This podcast has technically always been a comedy podcast, but I think it's you know, it contains multitudes. I think there's all kinds of things you can get from this podcast, but I really want to lean into the comedy of it. Plus I can have on repeat, guess you know, Like historically it's like, oh, I already heard that person's stories. I can't ever have them back on. And I'm like, no, I want to have some of these fan favorites back on and we'll we'll talk and laugh and discuss other paranormal stuff. So I have recorded a few already. I love it. I think it's so fun. I anticipate that there might be some of you that don't like it. I would thank you so much for not leaving a bad review. I thank you for tuning in every week. I think you will like it. It's just if you're looking for amazing ghost stories, you might not always find it. However, I do want to read more ghost stories from you, all the listeners, so, like I always do, you just email me at ghosted by Ras at gmail dot com or write it in a five star review. I would love to read stories on the podcast, and then that way we can still get to hear real first hand encounters in one way or another. But I also imagine I'm gonna be talking to comedians more. I can't always control what comes out of their mouths. Sometimes comedians tend to be cynical. Sometimes people tell me that they listen to this stuff with their kids. I don't know what they're gonna say. I don't know what I'm gonna say when I'm around my funny friends, but just be warned. I think that some of the vibes will be slightly different from time to time, but there will be traditional ghosted episodes. In fact, I have one that's coming out soon with Adam Barry from Kindred Spirits. So I mean, I'm still gonna be talking to to people that know this stuff and have the stories. And I think today's episode is actually a great example of the vibe of the kinds of shows that will be coming out soon. I'm ghosted by Roz Hernandez. I got to talk to Patton Oswalt and his wife Meredith Salinger. They have a podcast called did You Get My Text? And they We had so much fun on Patreon. I'm still gonna do weekly episodes for the time being, so you can check those out. There's a link in the description of this episode. Okay, here we go. Here's my conversation with truly one of my favorite comedians of all time, Patton Oswalt and Meredith Salinger on with the show. Oh my god, Paton and Meredith, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 2: Good? Thanks for having us on the sh show.
Speaker 1: I'm so honored. Thank you guys for doing this. I'm a fan of both of you, and I am so curious to hear about your paranormal relationship.
Speaker 3: Our relationship is so it's more not normal than paranormal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's so normal. It's freaky. That's how normal our relations I can't even talk it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I've heard. I've listened to your podcast and I remember hearing an episode where you guys were talking about like you you haven't really had much going on in that world, but you want to I am.
Speaker 2: Here's what I am. As far as the paranormal is concerned. I am like an Amish youth who's obsessed with sex and video games. I can't because I've never encountered it. And even though I want to encounter it, I have never had a paranormal experience and I could not be more open to it. And everyone around me has had them, everyone around me continues to have them, and I feel like either the ghosts are of are ghosting me, or I do again. I don't know what the actual theory is, but everyone exists at different vibrational frequencies, and I think some people vibrate at a frequency in which they are open to the spirit world or other dimensions, and some people aren't. And I think I'm vibrating. I'm like that whale in that one whale whose song is so low no other whales can hear it, and and he can't, so he just feels like he's alone. It's really sad. Number fifty is called number fifty two, and it's a real whale and the other whales can't hear her because the vocal cords are at a frequency word, so no one responds.
Speaker 1: To thinking, Okay, she needs to watch some RuPaul's whale race and she needs to learn how to wear some lip, thinking whale race. We can fix this for her.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but it's this lonely whale, and I am the lonely whale of the ghost world.
Speaker 1: Okay. I think it's very similar to dating. It's you can't be too thirsty for it. You have to play hard to get because, let me tell you something, before I started doing this podcast, ghosts can get enough of me. Okay, spooks left and right everywhere I went, ghosts wanted some of this. Then I got a podcast where I start talking about them, they disappeared. It's like that thing with like comedians, where it's like, oh, I don't want to date a comedian because I'm gonna I'm gona end up in their act. Like I feel like that's what it is. That's because these ghosts don't. They don't visit me.
Speaker 2: Now that I have a podcast, I literally picture a ghost going towards you, like rattling chains, and another one grabs short, like, dude, she has.
Speaker 3: A boy, you don't want to just I also think that perhaps it's how you perceive the world and what meaning you put onto things. So, for example, my grandpa passed away and he had a tattoo of a butterfly on him, and when he passed away, this one butterfly just kept coming around, and I was just like Grandpa, Like every time it felt like this, and anytime I'm with my mom in her backyard and like a butterfly comes by, were like Grandpa. And so it's sort of like the meaning that you put on life, like that's not a ghost, but it feels like a sign of some kind. And then I'll just tell you my others real quick, just since you asked. But I grew up in Malibu and I lived on Point Doom and so it sort of like juts out into the ocean kind.
Speaker 1: Of, and so it's called Point Doom.
Speaker 3: Yeah d u m me, not.
Speaker 1: Exactly nook sounding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not d o o m d um me. And I remember being alone and I saw what looked like flying saucer spaceship or UFO whatever it was, and I was it really really really super did and I called nobody else. I think I was nine, and I called my grandma because I wasn't nobody was home, and I was like, Grandma, if I saw a spaceship, I'm telling you right now, one hundred percent. And she's like, well, maybe they're doing flying exercises off of the coast of Da Da Da. Maybe it's a different kind of thing. Maybe the light hit it funny, But Grandma, I'm telling you, it's a spaceship. And I for real, one hundred percent believed I saw a UFO, Like, for real, look like one of those UFO kind of things.
Speaker 1: You are far from the only person that has reported that in Malibu. Yeah, they love Malibu out there.
Speaker 3: Yes, I for real believe that I saw UFO. And when it went by very quickly and it was very fast and fleeting, and I was like, did I just see a UFO? Like you question yourself. And then the only other paranormal experience that I feel like I've experienced is I had these little, tiny earrings and they were given to me by my grandm my mom, who got them from her dad, my grandpa again, the butterfly Grandpa. And in the morning I got up in the morning, I wear my earrings like I sleep in them. I don't take them out. And I got up in the morning and I had my earrings in and I went shopping with a friend and we went to the mall and I tried on a million different things and I bought some blouses. And I got back home and I looked in the mirror and my ear ring was gone. And I'm like, oh, damn, I must have lost it shopping, Like when I was pulling shirts on and off, it probably came off. And then that night I went to bed and I laid down and in the middle of the night, I woke up and I was my cheek had a poke, was poking my cheek, And I got up. I turned on the light and in the middle of my pillow was the ear ring. And I'm telling you that I had those earrings on when I went that day, and they were gone when I came home, and then it just appeared.
Speaker 1: How old were you when this happened.
Speaker 3: I'm like twenty five.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So what if the tooth fairy got mistaken? Right? I thought it was a tooth. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: I replaced it with.
Speaker 2: The diamond here could have been anyway.
Speaker 3: That's that. That's that, that's all. And I was like, Grandpa, Grandpa did it? So, I mean, who knows maybe everybody's like, maybe you didn't go, Maybe you thought you had your earring on in the morning, maybe was on the pillow already. I'm like, eh, but I would have seen it in the middle of my pillow.
Speaker 2: Right before you went to sleep.
Speaker 3: Went to sleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, Anyway, a lot of people, a lot of people will say that there's I mean, there's a lot of words that you could use, spirits goes, But it seems like I always conclude that ghosts are like a sad thing. It's like someone dies and they're like trapped in a place and they kind of hang out there forever. But then there's like loved ones that pass that seemed to be able to have the freedom to come and go and give you signs when they need to. And that's sort of a thing which I believe in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if you believe in that, like the butterfly thing, I mean, maybe Paton uh doesn't believe in that. Maybe someone died in his life and you know, signs come left and right and he doesn't see it because he's not he doesn't feel it a spiritual level the other people do.
Speaker 2: But what you're saying is I am too thirsty for it. I'm very open to and when I say no paranormal encounters, I've never seen a cryptid, never had a time slip, never experienced an UPA, a ghost, anything like that.
Speaker 3: But you know the names of all these random things that I've never had.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what.
Speaker 2: You know I've seen, opus you are. An UPA is an out of place artifact where, for instance, they're they're due if someone's doing like a an archaeological dig and there at a level where it's like seven thousand years BC. But then they will find something that looks like a modern battery or like a piece of technology that shouldn't be existing during that time, like maybe there was time travel or some kind of slip where items have moved through time.
Speaker 3: And that I don't YEH does know about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'm I'm I'm starting to get more into the weird shit like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm mainly like a ghost person a little bit of big, little bit of UFO. I don't know that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, upah's oopa out of place artifact, something that something that shouldn't exist when it in an area that it is found.
Speaker 1: See stuff like that that often makes me feel like someone got busted, like someone wasn't supposed to be there, they left their bounding, and they're like it must have been time travel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'm talking about like they find an object that was clearly made during that time, but exhibits technology or machine tooling that couldn't have existed at that time. Like, how was this made based on the tools that like these are? This is an iron Age artifact made during a Stone age time? So where did they get these tools? Was it left by someone else? Was it? You know?
Speaker 3: I want to know what ghost type experiences you Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: And you say they've all gone away because of your podcast.
Speaker 1: Well they have. I recently had one that that it's it's come back around because I've been looking for it.
Speaker 3: What what what would you call a ghost experience?
Speaker 1: I've had a lot. I've stayed and haunted Arabynbes and had the covers pulled down. Yeah, I had. I bought a Wija board from a I did.
Speaker 2: That goodwill a Oiji board in our house. No, you don't allow that's how you invite demons in. Nope.
Speaker 3: I did buy a Ouiji board for Alice and her sleepover friends.
Speaker 2: And but that was another party and Why do.
Speaker 1: You think that that brings in demons?
Speaker 2: You know what again, this is just my silly superstition. It's in the movie The exorcistter playing with the Ouiji board, and it's strongly suggested Captain Hawdi, Captain Hawdy, that's how Pezuzu gets in. So I'm just like, it's a weird it's a dimension to an I don't know. It just feels very uncontrolled.
Speaker 3: Well for someone who's looking for something to happen, and that's a portal. But I don't want you should let the portal open.
Speaker 2: I don't want to. I don't want malign influences. I want But.
Speaker 1: Why see you only think that because it's in a movie. We talk about this all the time, that that movie messed up so much many people. But it's I actually had a wei geologist on this show. What Yes. She she operates the Ouija board museum and knows everything about it. I've had so many people that work in the field and they're all like, it's not It's just like another way to communicate. If you believe that.
Speaker 3: It's like tarot cards and itching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very Christian. Uh, you know, years and years of being like that kind of stuff is evil, you know, but it's like it's really not. I don't think.
Speaker 2: So you've messed around with the Ouiji board like in your house or with other people.
Speaker 1: No, I won't do that. I don't believe my house this demons?
Speaker 2: Thank you? What?
Speaker 1: But people say it's not Now, I have no problem telling people to do it, so they can come out my podcast and report back to me. I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. You are.
Speaker 3: So you're like a drug dealer who doesn't do their drugs, who.
Speaker 2: Just gives other people you don't get high in your supply.
Speaker 1: Now I'm smart, Like, what am I going to do? There's no show if I'm possessed?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Can what? Wait a second? Yeah, okay, possessed? Now, first of all, you have had ghost experience, the sheets got pulled down? What else? And why would you think you'd be possessed? And have you ever met anyone who's been possessed?
Speaker 1: See that's a really tough one because it's like it's such a fine line with mental illness and I feel like so many years of people being like that person's possessed. So who really knows? I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Ye, like those Christian people who are like the devil? Are you? Let me let me banish that devil. Come on, let me hit you in the head and banish the devil. It's just somebody having like an issue.
Speaker 2: Well that's why, like Jesus is constantly banishing devils from people in the Bible. Oh yeah, he is, we are he remember hem. He sends all those demons out of that guy and puts him in the pigs, and then the pigs run off the cliff and die.
Speaker 1: I don't know that one.
Speaker 2: We are Legion for we are I am Legion for we are Many? No, it's not. But what I'm yeah, what is your name? I am Legion for we are Many?
Speaker 3: Isn't that a TV show? I am Legion?
Speaker 1: Well they use it out of him legends.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I am legend. But there's also a show called Legion. Okay, but that comes from the Bible. What is your name Legion for we are Many?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: But anyway, what I'm saying is I think that, like you said, it was somebody who was crazy or depressed. And back then, if you were crazy and depressed, they chased you off a cliff and threw rocks at you. And Jesus was the first guy to come along and go, hey, i'll talk to you, I'll listen to you, and it and it made the person feel better. But because people were so primitive, they're like he chased demons out of them. No, he was just nice to them. You're just talk to them and listen to them. That's that Back then, that was a superpower. Not being an asshole was a superpower in biblical times.
Speaker 3: I need to hear more ghosts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how young were you when you first started butting up against the spirit world. I feel like you.
Speaker 1: Guys have me on your podcast and I'll tell you all about I want to hear about.
Speaker 3: Well we don't have stuff.
Speaker 2: That's well, well, let me but I want to give you example how I don't have stuff. Okay, So I last year I shot a movie that that shot.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is such a good story. I love this story.
Speaker 2: This is a frustrating story. But yes, it's good. But it also drives me crazy. It's so good shooting a movie on the Queen Mary which is supposed.
Speaker 1: To be yes, which I loved.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: This is a great cameo from speaking of RuPaul. That's so funny. Yes, you're hilarious. Wendy is a friend of the show. She's been on here.
Speaker 2: Tony rules love her, absolutely rules. The only reason she doesn't have an Emmy is because she's like, when I'm done working, I'll go home and watch TV with my husband. I'm not going to do an Emmy campaign like she does. The most normal, the most normal talented human being everything. Yeah, it's ridiculous. So we're on the Queen Mary. We're all sitting up. Queen Mary is supposed to be crazy haunted.
Speaker 1: It's always on those lists. Yeah, most which I'm always like, who decides that first of thank you? Yeah, I want to see every year it's like that was the number one. Now we're moving at this year is gonna be number three? But it's always the most haunted place in California.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, it was. It's either that the Winchester House or the Coronado Hotel, and.
Speaker 1: There's three that are the Waley House and yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're on the we're on the boat. We're setting up a shot. I'm over at video village. I'm looking at the monitors. I'm kind of trying to shadow the director. And then they said patten and we're just looking at the monitors because the cameras are pointed where they're pointed, and they're framing a shot. The shot is looking up the grand staircase. So then they go, patent, go over, you're about about to film your scene. So I walk away from Video Village, get in my spot, and then over at Video Village, someone said, whoever is is there a PA upstairs? There's a shadow. Someone go up there and tell him to move because you see your shadow. So another PA goes to the top of the stairs and then comes back down and looked a little weird, like there's no one up there? What did you see? The monitor like, I saw someone moving around, and they went, well, there's it's a closed off hall. There's no one up there. There's no one up there. And so but it felt like the minute I walked away from the monitors and I couldn't see anything, that's when the ghosts started moving around. So I'm always adjacent to this shit, but I never experienced it directly, and it drives me crazy. And that's just it feels like all the spirits on the Queen Mary were like, hey, when this guy comes in, just make sure it's like when he's not looking we'll do something so that the crew can see don't make make sure he doesn't get to see anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been on the Queen Mary. I kind of stayed there one time. I left him the mid of the night because for.
Speaker 2: The purpose of a ghost tour or just to go there to sleep.
Speaker 1: I had some friends that that got a room and like these the spookyst room there, which is like it comes with a weige board and all that kind of stuff. They give you tarot cards or whatever it's all about. This is the most haunted room.
Speaker 2: Yeah. At one point I had to go they have anything.
Speaker 3: Happened to them?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: They slept like little babies. I left because I was just like, no, I don't want to Did you.
Speaker 2: Get to it into your own head or did you feel something?
Speaker 1: No, nothing happened. A lot of people say that ghosts can just look like us. So Patten, maybe you've seen many ghosts, you just don't know that.
Speaker 2: I've heard that thing where ghosts don't actually look whispy. They can actually be there, but you wouldn't know that you're looking at a at a ghost, which that to me is uh, Yeah, there's there's a there's a Spanish film called Terrified that came out last year that really deals with that idea of there's nothing special about what a ghost looks like. You have to know where to look. And there's the final scene of that movie is genuinely terrifying, and there doesn't really involve in the specially. It just involves a guy that has encountered all these things, and there's these two investigators are talking to him in like a room like this, and then they're like and then their trim the experience and they're like okay, and then he's like, now that third guy did he come with you? Is he with you? Like he's pointing like against the wall and there's nothing there and they kind of look over, and then the like then the chair just lifts up and throws it hit and then because he knows how to spot someone who actually is a god, and it's but the whole scene nothing happens until the chair moves until then they're but the scene the moment where he goes, now that guy there, is he with you? And then they both it's so creepy.
Speaker 1: Oh that's creepy. Can I tell you guys about a famous story?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, we're gonna go into his Are you cool with getting weird? Because it's a weird.
Speaker 2: One weird way weird. Go ahead.
Speaker 1: This one takes place on the Isle of man Nice in nineteen thirty one. Uh this is, you know, between England and Ireland, a village called Delby, and we're at the farmhouse of the Irving family. We're talking about James, Margaret and their thirteen year old daughter Vory.
Speaker 2: Oh Forory, I God, I can't stand her. Go ahead yet, all right, do you know what do you know? We were Facebook friends around that. She blocked, He's an idiot. Keep going ahead.
Speaker 1: Sorry, okay, too much farm bell. She's from the farm. She grew up on a farm. Okay, so business as usual. They're just living their life and they start hearing on the walls of their farmhouse scratching, hissing, growls, barking. Now this is what it gets real creepy. They started to hear what sounded like a baby trying to speak.
Speaker 3: Just okay, okay, keep going.
Speaker 1: So they think, you know, naturally it's a wild animal or I don't know, some a baby trying to burgle them or something, you know how that happens. And so they set up a trap that didn't catch a baby. They didn't catch any kind of animal. And one time the dad actually growled at this sound and it growled back. So then this creature that they can't see yet starts speaking English. The daughter is saying nursery rhymes. It's saying it back. It gets to the point where it can sing, It starts singing. It says online body renditions of home on the range scary.
Speaker 2: Is it still a little kid voice? Or is this thing getting older as it's learning?
Speaker 1: Well, it has a high pitched voice, and it introduces itself once it starts to learn how to talk better. And it says that its name is Jeff spelled with a G gef Jeff, a talking mongoose that was born in India in eighteen fifty two. And Jeff is back.
Speaker 2: Jeff's back, yes. So.
Speaker 1: In a real interview in nineteen thirty two with the Manchester Daily Dispatch, the dad James described the creature as quote a little animal resembling a stout ferret or a weasel, yellow in color, with a body about nine inches long at a long bushy tail speckled with black. So all the members of the family could see him but like sometimes they couldn't like he sometimes appeared, but seems like he was always around. They would feed him sausages and bacon. He would sleep in the daughter's room. But it sounds like he was like a little sassy because some real quotes. This is what allegedly Jeff the Talking Mongoose.
Speaker 3: Can everybody hear this guy or just the girl?
Speaker 1: They can, Yeah, the whole the whole family can, but the plot will thicken. It's like, okay, So these are some real quotes from Jeff the Mongoose. I've been to nicer homes than this. Carpet piano, satin covers on polished tables. I'm going back there. Ha ha, here's a name. I could kill you, but I won't you. And then another one. One time the dad was reading a newspaper and he heard the voice say, read it out loud, you fat headed gnome.
Speaker 2: Being haunted by Luella Parsons. Like what who is did? Did Truman Capote like travel back in time as a ghost mongoose?
Speaker 1: Yes? So apparently during the daytime, Jeff the Talking Mangos would travel around town and gather the town gossip and come back and report to the family. Like, girl, did you hear it? Yeah, he would have all the tea, so he wasn't all bad. He would apparently if they left a fire in the fireplace, he would turn it out. If they overslapped, he would wake them up. I'm just picturing him like, hey, you fat bitch, wake up, Wake up, your stupid asshole.
Speaker 2: Is going to be late, you pilish exactly.
Speaker 1: So now the daughter would walk around the neighborhood, she walked to school, and people would see her talking to herself, but they would hear the voice.
Speaker 3: Eh. They couldn't see the mongos, but they could hear the mongos talking. And she wasn't a little ventriloquist psycho girl.
Speaker 1: Funny you say that, because that's what even then and now people think they think that the girl was being a ventriloquist the whole time, which I say, I don't know. Jeff the talking mongoose Jeff Dunham coincidence, Oh look, I think not right.
Speaker 3: But the family had to hear the little mongoose dude talking. What did they hear it when the little girl wasn't in the room.
Speaker 1: Oh see, that's the thing. From what I read online, the girl is kind of always around, but so things started to get ugly. They moved the daughter's room bat into the parents' room and they could hear him banging on the walls freaking out. He's like, I'm gonna follow her wherever she is, so she would have to be a real good ventriloquist, which some of them can. I know. This sounds like a skill, which is funny because she didn't end up pursuing ventriloquism. It sounded like she had a gift, but she didn't. She didn't apparently. So it was suspected that it was a poltergeist because those are usually centered around an adolescent girl and it's a lot of banging, and it can be a lot of different things that are going on. So they the tabloids went crazy for it. There was this is a real headline from the Daily Dispatch. Man Weasel, mystery grips Island.
Speaker 2: Man weasel, queerest.
Speaker 1: Beast would you call me? Talks to Daily Dispatch reporter. So they had some world renowned paranormal investigators come in, Harry Price and Harold Dennis, the Hary's. They came in, they took a hair sample and they took it to the Zoological Society of London. It came back as a dog hare. Now these people they had a sheep dog, so they also.
Speaker 2: Did the dog sense this thing. Did the dog ever react to I don't know about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't fund it, but they took casts of the teeth and the claws that were allegedly Jeff the mongoose is They came back as definitely not a mongoose, so we don't know what it was. There was When the paranormal investigators were there, they did encounter this voice saying who are those people? And they heard things being thrown around, so I don't know. Eventually things slowed down. The dad died and the mother and daughter moved out. In nineteen forty five and an actor named Leslie Graham moved in. He says that he shot and killed it, and he took pictures of.
Speaker 2: It, and are there pictures online?
Speaker 1: There must be because he says that he took a picture and but Vori saw it and she said, no, ma'am, Leslie Graham, that is not that is not Jeff.
Speaker 3: So you killed some you killed Jeff's brother, You.
Speaker 2: Killed it could be angoose, Yes, it wasn't the ghost.
Speaker 1: So they asked him if he was a polter guys and he said he's more like a familiar or something like that.
Speaker 3: Jif, hey, Jeff, what are you, they would have full conversations with them.
Speaker 2: I think I'm like a poltry. Excuse me, I'm a familiar familiar. I can't believe you just dropped them. Did you just drop the P word? That is so offensive? I'm a familiar exactly. Oh my, you just dropped the PA bomb. I cannot believe this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said, go to the like Carol Anne.
Speaker 2: Exactly if if if he claims he's a familiar, then isn't he implying that the daughter is a witch? Because don't only witches.
Speaker 3: Have familiar What the hell is a familiar?
Speaker 2: A familiar is a do you want me to say?
Speaker 1: You know which?
Speaker 2: Which? Or warlock can summon. A familiar can appear as a that. That's why witches often have cats, that it holds some of their power, and also they can share some of the animal's senses. So if you have a cat is familiar, you have improved hearing, an eyesight. If you have an owl or a bat or whatever that you you It's like a weird symbiotic magic relationship with this creature.
Speaker 3: Dude, you know a lot about this, You really don't you.
Speaker 2: I'm fascinated with it too, because it's it clearly is not fascinated with me.
Speaker 1: Mmmm. That is what I'm saying that that's the thing when you have a hoax, I feel like most of the time you got to commit to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She even to what She died not that long ago apparently, and she always said, I didn't do it. It wasn't me, It wasn't me.
Speaker 3: So she was like, it really had this really was a thing, and this really.
Speaker 1: Happened apparently, but it was like all over the press. Tons of people witnessed it. Locals. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, you know how parents can talk. Maybe they taught a little mongoose how to talk. Could be.
Speaker 2: Medical.
Speaker 1: You have famously played a lot of talking animals.
Speaker 2: I have played a lot of talking animals.
Speaker 1: Is this Does this seem legit from your experience?
Speaker 2: From my experience? No, I mean the kind of talking animals that you see in movies are animals that conveniently have the voice of forty year old comedy writers. You know that this sounds like it had the It feels like this is a board farm girl who dreamed of this higher life, the idea of going around town and listening to gossip. And I think she brought that world back and personified it. Is in another word, not I don't want to psychoanalyze her, but she feels like I'm this mongoose trapped in the walls, this boring ass barn and I hate living out her one cooler life and that's what she That's how she was personifying it.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 2: It feels like it.
Speaker 1: I want to see paton Oswald is Jeff's talking Well.
Speaker 2: I've been a talking rat, an imaginary donkey, and a dog, and in a couple months on Netflix, I will be the voice of Matthew the raven in the Sandman. Yeah. I don't know if you've read the Salmon comic books. They write up there out game and really they are right up your alley and as far as your interests. Uh. Salman is the master of dreams. It's where we all go to his realm when we sleep, and I play his familiar, a raven.
Speaker 1: So that's why you know familiar.
Speaker 2: Actually I know about familiar because of dungeons and drugs. Third level. Find familiar and you roll the twenties, I dice and depending on what you roll that that's what you get.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 1: That reminds me of I love when you play that. That's one of my favorite shows of all time. Okay, here's another thing I want to tell you guys about haunted dolls on eBay.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, this is ah.
Speaker 3: I believe that that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'll see a ghost, but if I see a freakin' doll or an antique an antique doll.
Speaker 1: Now I very much. My personal believe, let's hear it, is that these are all fake. Yeah, somebody, because what you'll see is people put these dolls on. They make a full profile, you know. In the description on eBay. It's like a creative writing course like they've got and it's always so detailed.
Speaker 3: It's listen, that's fine if someone's going to post something on eBay and write bullshit about it. That being said, you get invited to a friend's house and you're going to stay at her grandmother's house in the woods, and the attic has an old dusty bed, and on the bed there's like a pretty frilly little pillow, and on that pillow is a little old fashioned doll. And that doll's wearing like a little white kind of like a christening dress. It's like yellowed. And that doll's hair is kind of like been yucky, and its face is like I'm gonna murder.
Speaker 1: Stop. Did that happen to you?
Speaker 3: No, but that happens every old doll. That's every old doll. You'll find it in your grandmother's attic with a dusty with a dusty little dress.
Speaker 1: I think you, guys, both of you, you haven't met the right haunted doll. I've got one for.
Speaker 2: You, kind of like an American Girls salesman. I love it. You're trying to actually listen.
Speaker 1: We have a cafe here if you guys want to have a nice lunch. Welcome to the grow. So this one she's not an a. She's not an American girl doll, but she is from America unless she's.
Speaker 3: Russia and she was brought to Sorry.
Speaker 2: Go on, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I actually you know, I don't know that part of her backstory.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I want to hear these backstories.
Speaker 1: Yes, this one, this is Jane. She's going for seventy five bucks. Okay.
Speaker 3: Oh, she just showed us a picture of the doll she's got.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's such a huge note.
Speaker 3: Yeah, little band got red curly hair, a beautiful but terrifyingly old blue dress with Chiffon's.
Speaker 2: I'm literally hearing. I'm literally having an old like thirties big band song through a warbly radio as I look at her.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: The trama start.
Speaker 1: She definitely take a risk with.
Speaker 3: This dress as silly Prankstert says she is. That's why I'm very active. I think you, guys, might you might actually like this one.
Speaker 1: Let's hear it, because she's she's not gonna tell you she's gonna murder you, it says here Jane. This funny little lady is Jane. She doesn't take much of anything too seriously, and she appreciates relaxed environments. She loves my dogs and has been known to braid their shaggy tails from time to time. She likes to play practical jokes on us too, and honestly, we love them. She's so funny. She loves to make toot noises when we're alone, and it has me wondering if I didn't and didn't know. She will also make coughing noises and gag from time to time to get your attention making noises. She will also, and I think this is her favorite, turn off lights when you're working. She locked me out of the house when I've gone to get the mail, but will quickly unlock it and let me in when I call her out on it. She passed away when she was very elderly and never really grew out of it. She even pranked her family with her death many times that they didn't believe that she actually passed for a few days when she actually did. She likes to pose her vessel and funny poses for places in different places for you to find. I've moved in with my mother recently, and she doesn't like my dolls. Thankfully, she's given me time to adopt them all instead of expecting me to throw them out. She knows I never could do that, as I see them all as living beings.
Speaker 2: First off, that was a fabulous read. I think that was a fabulous read. And all I'm thinking now is like a little low Budge premieres on Shutter horror movie called Lady, and you're this woman that has access to all these evil dolls, but you so oversell it and you're so campy An arch about it that people are like, well, it's clearly not haunted. This will be hilarious, we should get it. And you're basically infecting the world with this army of evil dolls that are doing your bidding.
Speaker 1: This is a documentary. Yeah, there's something This is really happening right now.
Speaker 2: As camp and fun as you tried to make the read, that actually made it scarier, like you actually have. I have access to something genuinely malignant, and the only way I can hide it I better hide it in plain sight by being so over the top that people will go, well, it's clearly not a real haunted Are.
Speaker 3: You considering purchasing this doll off? eBay?
Speaker 2: No, but I just like reading about them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like reading about them. I don't think that they're real, right right, But also I don't want one in my home, right, But I would love to gift to you guys. No, nope, no, Now, I was just trying to be I don't believe, as.
Speaker 2: I've often said, I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe vibes, and BOYD is that thing giving off vibes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a prankster. A picture of her being like she's not jackass, like she's gonna come behind you with clippers and just zip.
Speaker 3: Your hair, Like yeah, but that's evil.
Speaker 1: I think she sounds like fun.
Speaker 2: You know what. I'm sorry, doll and prankster. Don't want them together in the same house.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it was worth a shot. Guys. Here's one other thing.
Speaker 2: I have Any of your guests ever taken on a haunted doll, you were like, you're like it, you were, oh my god, you are like Sarah McLaughlin, But for haunted dolls, you're trying to get them. Yeah, you're playing They're playing the song Angel and you're like, look at this, Look at this, dear little porcelain face. This, this doll has witnessed so many murders. Can't you put them in a house where there is no killing and there's something really happy?
Speaker 1: She just wants there.
Speaker 2: You go, you're the Sarah McLaughlin haunted dolls.
Speaker 1: This one. But it wasn't you. You can blame it on the doll. That would be good. I'm thinking either that I was actually going for more for for profit rather than so. I was thinking more like a lu La row or whatever it's called. I'll start my own yes, okay. So here's another thing that we always adoption agency.
Speaker 3: You should have your own dollars exactly.
Speaker 1: That's how a lot of these people look at it. They're like, you can we want to frame these because you know they always put on eBay eBay, like where we have to put this on here. It's like the sellers always like legally eBay forbids the sell of intangible objects like spirits, entities, luck, magic, et cetera. Therefore, I am only selling this as a doll. There is no guarantee of paranormal supernatural events.
Speaker 2: So it's very like, yeah, that's part.
Speaker 3: Of the pay. This doll is haunted because clearly that's illegal. But you know, for my opinion and an opinion, you know, this doll is haunted, but that's just an opinion. It's not a legal fact.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You guys want to hear some ghost voices?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, okay, yes, some of these. A friend of mine, the actress Paula pell Yes, pointed me toward a podcast about ghosts. There is an EVP. She goes in the middle of this episode of playing EVP and it.
Speaker 3: What is a VP?
Speaker 1: Totten?
Speaker 2: It is a something voice? What is it?
Speaker 1: Electronic voice phenomenal phenomena.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're William. Peter Bladdie, who wrote The Exorcist very famously experimented with this in the seventies and eighties where he would leave a tape recorder and hit record and go, I invite any of the spirits in this room to leave your voice on this tape, and then he'd leave the room and then come back later and play the tape and they'd listen to a different frequencies and voices and stuff.
Speaker 1: So it's basically anytime they capture a ghost.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's let's speaking.
Speaker 1: It's time for EVP or ev pase. So here's what I do. I go to my favorite place, the Internet, and I look for where people believe they've captured EVPs. We're gonna listen to it a couple of times, and i'm gonna have you guess what it says or what the ghost hunter believes it says, and then I'll give you some options. So I was trying. I always like to try to get them from people's like hometowns or home states. There's nothing in Malibu. I couldn't find any ghosts in Malibu, but Virginia ghosts everywhere.
Speaker 2: Well, Jesus Revolutionary War, in Civil war, we're stinking with ghosts.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of that.
Speaker 2: Battlefields are nothing but ghosts, definitely.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I don't know much about the ghosts of this place, but this one. It was posted by Enjoy the Silence one sixty nine. Hey, and it is at a major Graham mansion which is in max Meadows, Virginia. Tell me what this ghost is saying.
Speaker 3: And before wait, don't answer it until we both.
Speaker 1: Like, honestly, okay, So it's definitely like a little sentence.
Speaker 2: Played a couple of times.
Speaker 1: H An He guesses, Oh no, no, no, no, it's.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like I played it cool, but it's not I played it cool.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't it be?
Speaker 3: Could do it again?
Speaker 2: It sounds like the house is something something like I don't want to say, like the house is not for you, but it sounds like the house is.
Speaker 1: That sounds like something a ghost would say, the house is not for you.
Speaker 2: I don't hear not for you as clear as I hear the house. First, let me give you some options, okay.
Speaker 1: One of these is what Enjoy the Silence one sixty nine believes it says, is it a from now on? My name is Megan? No, I don't know what that ghost is? What else?
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is it B, I don't play that tune? Is it C I'm not looking at you?
Speaker 2: Or is it D?
Speaker 1: Veronica is a name I like too. This ghost is trying on different names.
Speaker 3: Let's hear it one more time. What was the second one you said.
Speaker 1: I don't play that tune?
Speaker 2: No, it's not definitely not that one. Play it one more time.
Speaker 1: You guys are taking this so seriously. Yeah, you know what the prize is Jane the Haunted Dolls?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what is the ghost on? Or think this ghost is saying?
Speaker 1: They believe it? Saying? I don't play that too?
Speaker 3: It sounds like that.
Speaker 1: That's what I gotta hear it.
Speaker 3: It's basically what I said. I played it cool, is what I said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there was a play in that.
Speaker 2: Let me hear it again. Yeah, I mean, although this is that thing though, I've seen this on where they'll play one sound, but depending on what they'll they'll write out five different words and it will sound like that word if you're looking at that word when they play the sound. Oh yeah, it's that weird phenomenon, which is amazing.
Speaker 1: But that's why I like to listen to it kind of cold and we kind of guess, yeah, yeah, because who really knows.
Speaker 2: What There is a real there is real emotion to that voice. Though it sounds not frustrated, but like I'm done here, like go away, like we're done talking, right. It has that It sounds.
Speaker 3: Like somebody was talking in the other room and somebody was recording something from someone talking to the other room. Doesn't really sound like a ghost to me.
Speaker 1: I mean, who really knows.
Speaker 3: It doesn't sound like a ghost to me.
Speaker 1: I actually have another one. We always do two here, So this next one was posted by Paul Terry and is that the Saint Albans Sanatorium and Radford, virgin Ya.
Speaker 2: Okay, right off the fucking bat Radford, Virginia, Everything down South eighty one, Radford, Black Blacksburg, New Boston, all that whole area is so creepy down in the mountains. I used to do gigs are all the time. Again, never saw anything paranormal, but there is the most creepy fucking vibe and the fact that it's a sanatorium, I assume it's closed down and abandoned in the mountains of Radford. It must be Radford, Virginia is a very psychotic city. Very psychotic. I've done a lot of one of the few gigs where I was threatened, someone threatened to beat me up after a show. Oh god, So there's a there's a there's a there's a ribbon of bad vibes in the air when you're in Radford. I'm just telling you right now, all.
Speaker 3: Right, let's hear that.
Speaker 2: Oh, here we go, ready for us to hear it?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, here we go.
Speaker 3: Oh that was easy. I got that one.
Speaker 1: What does say, honey?
Speaker 3: You want to play it one more time before I tell you? I mean, I was like, oh, come.
Speaker 2: On or or or or oh come here.
Speaker 1: It's like definitely an oh something.
Speaker 2: Listen, yeah you're oh come on. I think they're saying, oh come on.
Speaker 3: It's like you guys, don't hear me. I'm a ghost.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, oh come on, Like wait.
Speaker 3: Did you hear did you hear a ghost sound out there? And then the ghost is like, oh, come on, these people with their equipment like it's like it's like there's a bunch of people bad.
Speaker 2: Enough that I'm stuck in red.
Speaker 3: They're like, do you guys hear that there's a ghost here? Like I don't hear a ghost, and then the ghost goes, oh come on.
Speaker 1: Well that's not what they believe it sounds.
Speaker 3: Come on, what do they think it is?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is it a oh crap?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: B poke around? No see don't come back? Or d poke a rap, which I think is a genre of music the only Al Yanko Al Yankovic has gotten into.
Speaker 2: It's definitely not poke a rap. It could be don't come back.
Speaker 1: I hear Mocha frap. Okay, it does sound like Mocha frap moa wraps in my.
Speaker 3: Head, but I think it sounds I think it's come on.
Speaker 2: I think it's don't come back.
Speaker 1: They believe they believe it's don't come back.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck, maybe it does. It does also sound like don't come back. Don't come back sound spooky, but oh come on, I think is more fun, but don't come back is too scary. I don't want to hear.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear that again. EVPs are really really eery and unsettling.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck, if it says don't come back, that fucking scared the shit out of me it don't come back. It does sound like that, but otherwise it's more like, oh, come on, you idiots. I really like, oh, come on better because that's too scary, I mean too scary.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was the ghost of the person that tried to beat you up Hatton saying don't come.
Speaker 2: Back, come back, don't come back to this horrible one nighter that you made twenty five dollars at.
Speaker 1: Why did somebody try to beat you up?
Speaker 2: I did the most, the tamest stuff ever about religion. And there's a lot of Pentecostal crackers up in the hills and they were not happy. Wow. Yeah, there's whole long YouTube collections of EVPs, and if you ever want to not go to sleep at night, I know you listen to some of that shit. Oh I know.
Speaker 1: I spend hours trying to find good ones.
Speaker 2: And there's one of a woman singing a lullaby that I never need to hear again. Literally, yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, let's do one last thing real quick. I'm just gonna like throw out some stuff. Tell me if you believe in it, tell me if you haven't experience anything like that.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be like Antie Potts and Ghostbusters.
Speaker 1: Sure do you believe?
Speaker 2: Remember that long list? She gives to Ernie HUDs and he goes, look, if you'll pay me, I'll believe whatever.
Speaker 1: You say exactly now again, I will pay you with Jane the doll.
Speaker 2: Damn it, you will.
Speaker 1: That's all I can get.
Speaker 2: That doll shows up at my fucking house.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, I want to go back to Wija boards for a second. Okay, because Meredith, I want to hear your Matt damon boards.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, when Matt, when Matt, well, Matt and I went to college together, and then after college he moved to la and he was staying in this little house on Melrose and we'd hang out all the time. And one day I brought over a Wiji board. And again, this particular Wigi board had different symbols on it. It wasn't just the typical. There were like there was like a butterfly in one corner again with the butterfly in the ground, and uh, and we did it and it definitely was moving. And gosh, I'm having a hard time remembering if it was like about my grandpa or there was.
Speaker 1: Something about making it up, make it.
Speaker 3: Like something happened and we were doing it, and uh, like River Phoenix had died the year before, and that like meant something well to me because he was a dear, dear friend of mine, but to Matt also just because he knew who he was. And I think there was like a little thing about River, you know, something about that that was it was spelling out things. And but then it also had this this little butterfly thing, and it kept going to the butterfly thing for me. And so yeah, we just did it together.
Speaker 2: Did you specifically ask to contact someone or you just sort of moving the plant it around?
Speaker 3: No, we were just like And then of course, just like with my sister when I was a little girl doing it, I would sit there and going, Okay, you promise you're not going to move it, Like don't move.
Speaker 1: It right right, That's always the comment.
Speaker 3: I love you, I trust you. Let's like really see if this thing real, like for real, like don't fucking touch it. And so we both like it was moving like I we were. He was like my best guy friend at Harvard. We were like brother and sister. It didn't we were like really trying for real to like have it be real. And I think it really did for real move. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think with wigi boards, is that like when you talk about when people talk about demons coming in or whatever. I think it is similar to like a lot of things on the internet, like chat rooms or like did you ever did you guys ever know about chat roulette? Oh? Yeah, it was that kind of let which I think is that kind of a thing where you're just kind of like, who's around, right? It could be someone amazing, or it could be a disembodied penis right, right, you know you never know what chickena gat?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that with the wigi board, it's like, whoever needs to tell me something, let me know, right, So whoever, I'm not asking for anyone, but whatever comes I will like.
Speaker 1: But it could be something creepy.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean. I don't know what you're going to let in.
Speaker 3: I don't have that, No, I don't. I don't. I don't have creepy energy in my life, so I don't.
Speaker 2: You don't know what's hanging out by the gate when you open it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless somebody is being known creepy stuff wants creepy stuff. It's we're all looking for community, you know, A creepy stuff, creepy a demon see someone that's acting demon like, They're like, that's who I want to hang out with. They don want to hang out with you if you're having a good time.
Speaker 3: No, I'm yeah, everything with me is like all pure love and light and so I'm not going to get some scary thing.
Speaker 1: No, they don't want that. That doesn't sound like fun for them.
Speaker 3: It's not fun for them.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about past lives? Do you believe in that? Do you have you ever had any thoughts about your own past lives?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think that I've had I don't. I don't really think about past lives. I really don't.
Speaker 2: Past lives to me sound like it sounds like such wish fulfillment of someone who maybe they haven't made their life be what they want it to be yet, but they can always go. But you know, I was a Mungol conqueror right in an earlier life, and it's like, well, then that energy clearly didn't pass on. I think you live. Everyone gets to the life they have. I think that there's your soul is your soul.
Speaker 3: It might go, you know, although like you know, I wouldn't say so. Much as past life, but like the energy like might exist in a flower, or it might exist in a tree, or it might exist just floating around the universe, just as nature of some kind. But I don't believe like my soul like lived a life, right, I think it's just my soul is my soul. That's just what it is, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, I know what I equate it to. We are living. The universe we live in is a extremely slow motion explosion. That's what we are in. The Big Bang never actually ended, I mean in it. You could argue that this is all part of the explosion. And when you watch like let's say, like a burning building, and you watch it framed a frame, some of the freeze frames that the looks like there's a face in the smoke, or a piece of wreckage falls off, and it looks like So it exists in different states right now. The energy from that explosion is temporarily formed into Some of it's this table, some of it's you, some of it's me, some of it's Meredith. It will keep changing. This is just how the explosion looks during this nano second of its existence, and it will all keep moving and transforming. But I don't think it's in terms of like you die, your soul is collected and stuck into another life. It's just the energy just keeps moving in this slow motion explosion. We have temporarily formed into this for this moment in time, but we will be a lot of different things.
Speaker 1: That's what about psychics, you guys? Ever been to a psychic?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: What was it like?
Speaker 3: I will tell you I did go to a psychic. Her name was Jackie Bell. She lived in the valley. She was like a nice Jewish mom, totally normal. I went to her house like a nice normal person's house. Wasn't like spiritual at all. Went into her kitchen. She had a little recording. She's like, you can keep this and in Okay, two things for real, no joke. One of them was I think she knew I was an actress. I think I said I was. And she said, oh, you're gonna get Europe for something right now. This sounds very brue this sounds vague and it could be anything, but listen, it's not. She said, you're up for something right now, something big. And I said, oh, I yes, I was. I was. I found out that I didn't get it today and she goes, no, no, no, you got it, and I said, no, no, I didn't get it. Someone else got it. I didn't get it. And she said, I'm telling you this part is yours. And I said, okay, you don't seem to understand. They gave it to another actress. I didn't get it. I'm telling you, this part is yours. I was like, okay, fine, idiot whatever. In the back of my mind, I'm like, fun herse she doesn't understand anything. Later in the Okay, I'll just tell you. The end of that story was there was a series called Orleans that shot in New Orleans. It starred Larry Hagman. I played his daughter. The girl who was cast. They went to film it. They fired her after two days and they called me and I replaced her. This is a good story, so that one's real. That is a fucking real thing.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I was like, I didn't get it and I didn't and she goes, yes, you did, and I did, Okay, that's crazy. Same lady's, same session. She said, oh, I want you to be very careful and I said why. She goes, someone's going to try to take something from you and I said, what do you mean? She said, I see someone trying to take something from you. She said, just be very careful, and she said it could be violent, it could be scary. And I was like, no, what, like what, I don't know. It seems like they're going to take a bag from you or something from you. And I was like okay. And literally a week later, I was with a boy from London who was in town. We went and had coffee at the Kings Road cafe. I lived two blocks from there. He and I had just finished coffee ten o'clock at night. We were walking back to my apartment and out of the alley come this one guy comes up to the boy I was with and is like, He's like, heyman, have a cigarette. And then he's like give me. He puts a gun in his stomach and says give me your wallet. And at the time, I'm watching this whole thing, and I've got my purse on my shoulder and I'm watching thinking do I run, do I run away? Do I throw my purse? What do I do? And then another one comes out of the alley and goes, give me your fucking purse and put a gun in my face. And I looked at the guy and I went, let me just get my keys. And I put like my finger up, like hold on a second, buddy, and I go. I was like, he goes give me a fucking purse. I go, okay, let me just get my keys. And I bent down and I unzipped my purse and I took out my keys because my apartment is literally right there. And then I took the bag and I gave it to him and I said go, and then they ran away and they took my purse.
Speaker 2: And it was.
Speaker 3: Scary and it was violent, and that literally happened like I'd never been held up at gunpoint before in my whole life.
Speaker 1: So like, what's the benefit of a psychic telling you that, just like I don't know, this will happen and then you'll see that I'm legit, Like.
Speaker 2: What do you?
Speaker 3: I don't know. She was like, be be careful. I don't know. Maybe it was warning. Maybe don't get upset about the job you're going to get it. Maybe this is what I see for you. I don't know what's going to happen, but this is what I see.
Speaker 2: Do either of you think that if a psychic gives you a prediction that you can affect what they tell you is going to happen, or what they see is going to happen no matter what you do.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know, but how crazy is that acting? Thing? That is crazy because that is so specific and if you don't get apart, you don't get apart. Never in the history of time have I ever not gotten something and then been replaced and gotten it like that just has never happened to me before. So that's real interest. I want to call that. I wonder if she's still alive because this was like twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If she's not, she could probably speak through as psyche.
Speaker 2: Get a board. Hey, remember me.
Speaker 1: Get the board out.
Speaker 3: I remember her name.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just do one more. What do you think bigfoot? Real?
Speaker 3: Listen, there are different creatures that look like different things that you see. For example, have you ever seen a hairless bear? It's fucking terrifying.
Speaker 1: I can't say I ever have.
Speaker 3: Oh, look up albino bear or something like that, and they look like these chupacabra creatures that are so terrifying you just don't know what they are.
Speaker 2: But a hairless pair wouldn't look like a bigfoot.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying a hairless bear looks like Bigfoot. I'm saying if you saw a hairless bear, you wouldn't realize that's a bear, right, And so what I'm saying is a bigfoot. I think like there's that one fucking picture, right. I don't think there's tons of pictures of Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Oh no, there's a bunch of people that but there's the famous.
Speaker 3: There's the famous one, and that is but that one's been been debunked well, some saying that.
Speaker 2: The Patterson Gimlin film, the guy that shot it said that, oh no, we did that as a prank. And the rumor is, the big urban legend is it was shot by then eighteen year old John Landis and that Rick Baker made the cost. That's not what that's the room.
Speaker 3: We're friends with them. We can call and ask.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's you guys know Rick Baker, Yes, and yes Baker.
Speaker 2: Well but he might never but that that was the big urban myth. Oh it was len like they didn't like they were hired by the person that wanted to do it and then they shot it.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is you might see something in the forest that is a thing just like a hairless bear is a bear. You might see something that looks like something you've never seen before, but maybe it's, like, you know, just like some men are extra harry than other men.
Speaker 1: Maybe some it's just like an app normality.
Speaker 3: Or maybe it's just like a creature that is just more strangely looking than other creatures, but it's actually a regular creature.
Speaker 2: I don't know, what do you think of cryptids, Bigfoot, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I talk about it constantly, and I.
Speaker 3: Feel like, I'm if it existed, we'd see it.
Speaker 1: I think it's more of a ghost if anything. I say this giving the benefit of the doubt to all these people that have these TV shows looking for Bigfoot for eight years and they've never seen Bigfoot, but they still get renewed every year. Yeah, I'm like, listen, I'm on your side. But a lot of those people don't believe that it's a ghost. They think it is a real creature.
Speaker 3: And it might be a real creature.
Speaker 2: But it might just I mean, the ghost of one of our forebears on the evolutionary scale is a really interesting take. I never thought of it that way.
Speaker 1: Well, because I'm always like, why can't they catch it? You can catch anything like you. I mean.
Speaker 2: And also with the amount of deforestation that's going on these days, where is it left for these things to hide? Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've got like seven coyotes on the street last night. It doesn't exist. Come on, it's ridiculous. It was a thing that somebody saw that looked just like the loch Ness monster is like perhaps a thing that maybe it was two things in the ocean at the same time. It was too dolph. It wasn't dolphins, clearly because it's not an ocean. But my point is two creatures of eel like look that were at the same time that the photograph was taken. It looks like it's one creature, Like come on these Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Because also it's like if we figure out, like, oh, we captured a bigfoot, now it's just like some Okay, it's like a rare animal, like right, like rareymore.
Speaker 3: Now there's a billion rare things we've never seen. Look at the ocean. It's insane.
Speaker 1: I constantly see like you know, a fish with human teeth was just found or whatever, or it's like there's always like random I get these weird like targeted things that'll be like look at this Uh, I don't know, it'll be like this centipede kind of looks like Gary Busey or like what. So it's like, you know, it's just an abnormal.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know how many new animal discoveries are going to happen on the surface. I think that'll happen the more we map the ocean. We've only ever mapped five percent of the entire oceans. God knows what's down there and the stuff. And that's one of my big fears, my big recurring nightmare images is being super super deep down in the water. There's just an a flight and then something massive comes out of the darkness at you that's aware of you, and I'm like, that's it. Nope. So when I see like there's a there's a woman that I follow on Instagram named ocean Ramsey, and I follow her out of this sick fascination because she swims with sharks and she's about preserving these things and they're massive and she swim and there's footage of them coming out of the gloom at her, and I'm like, nope, hell no.
Speaker 1: I don't go in the ocean. That's like, nope, nope, it's all about sharks for me.
Speaker 3: You guys, is that you are so adorable? I love you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I've discovered you.
Speaker 2: Now. I got to start listening to this podcast. I want to go down the rabbit holes you've gone down.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: And do you have any like trips planned to visit any I have a friend that gives a ghost tour of a mansion down in Irvine.
Speaker 1: Really that's not far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll get you the info. But do you take Do you have excursions planned where you're going to visit anything?
Speaker 1: I don't have any planned, but I need to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't want to. You already don't want to.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm conflicted. You know, I have to have the content. We've been doing this podcast for over three years. I gotta have a talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta start traveling. So then maybe you need to go do a live show. You need to.
Speaker 3: Sleep on the Queen Mary. You need to do the weedy Board in the Queen Mary.
Speaker 2: Or find a famously haunted theater and do a live show. I have Oh you have at what theater? Well?
Speaker 1: It's a place in Los Philis called Casita del Campo, Mexican restaurant, tak place. Wait, that's my favorite place in the world.
Speaker 2: It's a Bud Court's favorite place. That's really Budcourt lives in Los Phillies and he loves Cassina del Campo.
Speaker 1: It's the best. And the basement has like a little theater and it's where a lot of like drag queens and queer entertainers do shows and like we do like drag queen, Golden Girls and like stuff like that happens down there. It's so fun. But a lot of people report that it's haunted, and so I've done multiple live shows down there. Nothing's happened, really, but I don't know. These ghosts don't want to be on my show.
Speaker 2: Now the words out because aggressive what you want them?
Speaker 3: You want them too much. You have to play hard to.
Speaker 2: Get think of another literally, think of another persona to keep doing this podcast. But they do like a sports talk show and you just do sports talk, but you do it in these haunted places, and like who gives a shit? And then they'll start visiting all the time.
Speaker 1: I should get it.
Speaker 3: Trick yeah, mustache, yeah, put on a little baseball.
Speaker 2: Cap call let's go Mets, and you need to talk about the Mets. And then suddenly the ghosts well hang out here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these guys are gonna be like, what is this show? This person knows nothing about baseball, basketball?
Speaker 3: What sports?
Speaker 1: Yeah I know, or or what I needed? I need to hire a psychic as a booker that book me some ghosts.
Speaker 2: Find you.
Speaker 3: Oh, book you some ghosts. That would be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to find a ghost booker.
Speaker 3: Trying that ghost ghostbusterker. Oh my god, you guys new show.
Speaker 1: Shout out your podcast.
Speaker 3: The name of our podcast is did you get my text?
Speaker 2: And we we send each other spiritual messages over a Wiji board. We just we text each other. We live together. We're married, but like a lot of married people and a lot of couples, even if you live together, you just text half the day and so we go back through our text decipher things, follow up on stuff. We're always sending each other weird articles where pictures, Oh my god, look at this.
Speaker 1: So yeah, like I'll.
Speaker 3: Get texts all day long. I don't talk to him all day like ever, I don't really ever talk to him, but every now and then we'll text each other and we'll put like a thumbs up on it or a heart on it, and then the podcast gives us an opportunity to sit down and go, Okay, you got my text about that thing, let's talk about that. Let me actually get to talk about it, because you know, it's not just oh that's interesting, thanks for sharing me by myself. I got to discover this on my own, like, let's have a conversation about it.
Speaker 1: That's so sweet.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you guys have good guests now and yeah ben Stiller.
Speaker 2: Ben Stiller was fascinating. Yeah, had really cool guests on.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Paton and Meredith. I had a great time. Oh hey, you know, comedy fans, I am going to be reviving my show I used to do with Sam Pancake here in La at my favorite place, the Cavern Club Theater at Casita del Campo. We're doing that on June ninth. You can get tickets in my Instagram biot description. Also check out patreon dot com slash rolls Dress falast I guess I'm keeping that as that. I don't know. There's a description, there's a link in the description and that has a new episode this week of me talking about paranormal stuff, and I'm on Instagram at Roz Hernandez and TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. Please rate the show five stars and only five stars. Leave a ghost story in there, Send me a ghost story at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. And I can't wait to laugh and talk and spook with you next week. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Came Back.
Speaker 2: Star Bands Aware a podcast a podcast network