Speaker 1: This is what I felt like today when I woke out. Love Love Remember this ship.
Speaker 2: Love?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Remember this? What about the light them up out there? The train is coming babing, the train is coming down? What up y'allist is Joe? Crack your boy?
Speaker 2: Jada?
Speaker 1: This is the Joe and Jada Shaw sponsored.
Speaker 2: Presented to you by Boost Mobile.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean, let's take care of the people that's paying the buildings.
Speaker 2: First thing.
Speaker 1: First is the official burning phone to the streets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember I had a lot of good memories with.
Speaker 4: A boot Smoe, right, but you know boot Smoe was in the game presented by boot smoebill. I did it commercial for them crazy years ago. Man, it was a fun time. Lisa gave you the bag. She gave out a lot of Boots Mobile. She gave out a lot of Boots Mobile bags. And yo, we hear Joe Jada's show. We gotta go right to it the NIXT last night. This is the first show NIXT last night. What did you take from that? What was you thinking?
Speaker 1: Where was you at? What was the vibe?
Speaker 3: I was in a stupid for one working on a feature of many that I gotta do for people.
Speaker 1: You play the volume in the studio that like you hear them talk or you just it. I believe it.
Speaker 3: But it was so crazy, it was like it was it was you know soon Yeah, I'm telling the engineer.
Speaker 2: Look he's trying to mix dad.
Speaker 1: Look they tied it up. It's cool.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you know what I mean, they get they get one in Boston when everybody doubted us. We was nine and a half point underdogs, and then going there and you know, pull one off.
Speaker 2: Pause was incredible.
Speaker 1: What I took from last night. The main thing that stood out to me.
Speaker 3: We played together. It was a team effort, you know what I mean. Finally finally hold up.
Speaker 4: Finally mckel bridges earned that contract. I was not convinced this whole season, everybody the number one picks this, this that. When we eventually won the game, it dawned upon me and said, oh you see what did you see?
Speaker 2: What impact? Did you see his impact yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 4: But what I'm trying to tell you is I didn't see it the whole season. I don't know if he tries to play shy. I don't know if he just comes when he wants to light him up, light him up.
Speaker 3: Why is it such thing as playoff Jimmy. He turned into a different McHale Bridges in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is, we pay these guys championship, not just him, We pay the people who picked these guys. So I wasn't happy with how they recruited him, to be honest with you, And last night, when it all was said and done, I said, Yo, these guys, because you're thinking the whole thing, you're thinking the chance is Boston.
Speaker 1: Let's not get it confused. They the chance.
Speaker 4: They got a whole lot of Jason Tatum, a whole lot of Jalen.
Speaker 1: Brown, they got a whole lot.
Speaker 4: Of Offered is one hundred years old and he still be disrespectful. No, I'm just saying I'm older than him, but I'm just letting you he's a o G in the game.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying to you is every team.
Speaker 4: On the offseason is trying to compete against that team that's the championship team.
Speaker 1: So when you're.
Speaker 4: Looking at the team and the start of the game and everybody's saying this in pot possible for us to win, eventually we win the first game, I realize what our recruiting you know Leon Rose what he envisioned, and it worked to expertise last night, shout out to Jaylen bruston technically in any other time and he so you gotta understand, it's Nick fans.
Speaker 1: We've been hurting for twenty years. We've been let down for the team.
Speaker 4: No no, since nineteen seventy three technically, but I'm just saying that I era twenty thirty years we've been hurting, and so any when we get or any way we come up, we just over celebrate and be like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: But Jaylen brust under any other circumstance, he would be considered a ballhog on any team because he needed the ball in his hand. Every shoe he's a shoe. He's a killer. He's a killer.
Speaker 3: He wants he Sometimes he don't see nothing but the team on his back.
Speaker 2: It's good and it's bad.
Speaker 3: Sometimes last night it was last night he was a killer and he was using utilizing this team.
Speaker 4: I agree with you all the way. My thing is the man's a killer. He's a winner. You know, we seen too many players for years that were they were happy with being close.
Speaker 1: But no cigar.
Speaker 4: You know, they get to the third round, they happy. They just he's a finisher. He's actually trying to bring a championship to New York City.
Speaker 1: And if nobody else.
Speaker 4: Believe he believed, you gotta believe that forty five miss threes by the Celtic yesterday.
Speaker 2: That was crazy. One quarter.
Speaker 3: I think they would they shot twenty. They missed nineteen out of twenty three pointers. That was crazy. But that's the When they making them, they blow you out the arena. And when they missing them, we come back from twenty.
Speaker 2: I hope they miss.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of wins for the New York nich. You know, we don't know how to act. Nick fans don't know how to I was looking because we wont I'm enjoying it, so I'm looking at Instagram. But like random people, the way Nick fans celebrate Nick fans is just we just too much. Oh man, they got parties all types mootherfucker. Wait, he like they can't come back from twenty. There's no way they're gonna lose. They just and then the last play, when Michel grabs the ball off of Jalen Brown, he starts going crazy.
Speaker 2: Worth it. He felt like he was worth it.
Speaker 4: Man, You know Jaylen Brown is hurt, technically hurt. He banged up right now, he banged up and porzingis thank god that guy.
Speaker 2: What happened he sat.
Speaker 4: Down the whole I don't know. I don't what he caught the flu. He might have got the stomach You know, I caught the stomach bug. Last nobody went the stomach bug, the vomiting this sh at the same time. You don't want parts of that right there, man, I'm telling you the stomach bug. I've been shot not had the stomach bug a couple of times. You do not, under any circumstance be flying from LA to New York with the stomach bug on the plane.
Speaker 1: That's that bombs over bag that in your stomach.
Speaker 2: How about it?
Speaker 3: You have the stomach bug in the Luther seats.
Speaker 4: Motherfucker, the whoker maniacs. You know, when we go to the game, I had a question for you. I was thinking about, how do you decide in a time like this? You get courtside tickets, it's too how do you decide who decide who you take with you? Does your son ASTs to come? Does the which one in the cruise gets to sit next to you?
Speaker 1: What is that like? Because I have like.
Speaker 3: Most like if if if any of my kids as they gonna win the they gonna win the other ticket, head down your nantimously.
Speaker 2: You know men k I'll catch you, but I bring he don't.
Speaker 3: It's I got people with me that love basketball more than them, so you don't mind being in BB Like he's one row behind the.
Speaker 1: Floor and you good.
Speaker 2: He's still chilling so he appreciates are.
Speaker 3: But I got some of my friends that they bucket listened to sit on the floor, so I try to switch them up and let them.
Speaker 4: Rich though, because Rich Rich is the honorary seat holder and I sit here. That's Rich's seat technicals, so he ain't letting nobody else get get it.
Speaker 1: They work them, They work them.
Speaker 2: No baby could get it.
Speaker 4: They talk, they start bothering them, y'all yo. My daughter be like, yo, I'm going to game them. I'll be like, yo, mind you ever talked to Uncle Rich?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: You know what's something I'm going to get? Guess Uncle Rich? Seat?
Speaker 4: Like you gotta figure this one out? And they hitting me for more? You know they're hitting me bad? Like yo, yo, the next can I catch a game with you? It's hard to pick who's gonna go. You know, it's it's it's hard. But when we talk about when I sit there, the first thing I do is look up to the to the to the louther seats. And so why we call it the luthers. Years ago, I used to have to sit up a deck and so I mean, really, Yo, there's an upper deck. Yo, there's an upper deck in Madison Square, Gold where you have to duck to get and sit in the seat.
Speaker 1: Like I'm talking about the that's where all the whole of maniacs are at. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Now, the wholeker.
Speaker 4: Maniacs are up there. They'll put you in the pretzel. You don't know what. That's a rowdy crew. How about them guys are so happy to be up there. They might have borrowed the money to be up there. The truth, they might have borrowed to.
Speaker 1: Be up there.
Speaker 3: Depending on the ticket, that could cause a lot to be up Hell yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm saying back in the days, Luther Van Joe's Rest and Peace is my favorite single of all time.
Speaker 4: I remember one concert I threw the suit on it and my ship I looked like a bus driver.
Speaker 1: The sky Blue sh with the suit and I'm with Deck duckin.
Speaker 4: My wife got a dress on, and we're looking at this motherfucking Luther vangels about this little from up there. Our house is not up and so we call that the Luther seats up there. You know, I mean, what an experience to sit courtside and something like this. Man, it's an I want to shout out the Knicks for always taking care of me, you know.
Speaker 3: Heavinly shout out to the whole Nick organization for taking care myself.
Speaker 4: Joe Crack Denver, did you see this game? Denver, Denver, Denver? How they did they pick?
Speaker 3: They already picked the MVP, because I think after this series it might he might get a little he might move up a couple of notches on shade. Yet forty two, twenty two and nine, it's like they're in human noise.
Speaker 2: That's crazy though, two.
Speaker 3: And nine, that's that don't even make what is that?
Speaker 1: That's crazy though? You yo, that is insane, And so you think he's MVP.
Speaker 3: I don't know how somebody that a seven foot whatever size he is averaging a triple double for the whole season or two is.
Speaker 4: But I tell you what the problem is. I tell you what the problem is, and it is no problem. Right, what's the problem. I'll tell you what the problem is. That people don't understand what the joker is. In America, we learned, you know how people say nig door man me fard, So you know now I'm telling you. When they play sports, they teach him the same dribble, how who to pass it to?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: This and this and that.
Speaker 4: The joker come from like Servia or some shit from over there, right, he learned the opposite way, so he too. Yeah, he does stuff you're not supposed to do. You see the ball flying right be like no way he made that. That's like one on one and Gaucho's Jim. They teach you not to pass that ball like that. Joker does exactly that. So all American players they don't know what he's gonna do. They they fucked up because they know how you coming any other way. Joker could do anything, and he does it at his.
Speaker 1: Own and you know.
Speaker 2: He's understandable.
Speaker 4: I call him a slinky. He's like a slinky. He's like this that you know how the slinky be going down the stairs. He's like a slinky.
Speaker 1: But yo, he gets the job done. The other day. The last series, not even this one.
Speaker 4: Last series, he came in there and you know the Joker, you know your big boys say, come in here, sloppy. Last series he had his cheek bones showing. Well, you know, that's how I know the Boxes is gonna show.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: That's how I know the Boxes is gonna win. Because when a boxer come in the ring and his cheap bone show, that mean that boy be training for real. The Joker last series he's he had joking.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he's not playing.
Speaker 2: The Joker was doing boxing training.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying he just was not for play. He came up in there and he meant business. He was not going to lose. I don't care who you threw at him, Kawhi Hard and whoever. He was not gonna lose.
Speaker 4: I've seen it in the cheek Bones. The Joker is a different kind of animal right now.
Speaker 3: In the.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm talking about, Hey, y'all, shout out to the Saudi y'all, his highness, his accent and c the guy with the bag and the man he did two country, two parts of the world one day.
Speaker 1: So they had boxing for the first time in Tom Square. I had to buy it. I think it was eighty nine dollars or something like that. I had to buy it.
Speaker 4: A little disappointed, not a little, a lot of disappointed. And the actual boxers, you know what I mean. And that's why some people, even though I'm always going to be a boxing fan, some people went more towards the m m A and the UFC because you guaranteed action and boxing, you get a guy to run. You know, Devin Haney was running that whole fire. I didn't understand that. According to me, he's nice. He wasn't letting them things go. Ryan Garcia, he got washed. It's like, you know, I was a fan like you know, no, not not like that. I can't do it, you know what I'm saying. Like I was never God bless him. He's powerful, found the face of boxing. But I was never a Canelo fan. After he fought mayweathern couldn't even get.
Speaker 1: A jab off. I can't see you.
Speaker 4: That's what you do like that, This is you. You dedicated your life to this. You can't hit the man with a jab. I can't really big you up like that. So your man night though, crap. Yeah, yeah, you can have a bad night. All right, let's give him another chance.
Speaker 1: But but have one to get.
Speaker 2: But you know what I mean. I like Budd though, but.
Speaker 4: No, no, but against Canelo, that's gonna be. That's probably the best fighting in what ten years or something? They wait class some budd had to move up a lot and wait. Yeah, but Butter's in the he's probably the best boxes against They're gonna have a serious fight.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see.
Speaker 3: I might I might have to attend that the fight was ticson Paul right, Mike Tyson, I didn't get this.
Speaker 1: See you didn't see the tight and I'm happy I didn't get this.
Speaker 4: Shout out to the Serrano sisters and man that Serano.
Speaker 1: She fighting the third time. The girl from Ireland, what's the girl's name from Island? The boxer.
Speaker 4: Katie Taylor, and uh a man that Torono. They're fighting in the garden. That's the third time they fight. They didn't ill female boxes in the like. They really try to kill each other in the ring.
Speaker 1: You know, they tougher than most guys.
Speaker 4: You know, so stay tuned for that. Charle Maine, you know you have you seen this movie? You do you watch my musical move movies like I watch.
Speaker 2: You a kind of movies.
Speaker 1: I'm not watch whatever.
Speaker 2: I'm not one of the watch certain kind of Yeah, all of them, I watch all of them.
Speaker 1: Can you watch all of them? Me too? Man, Bob Dylan, Yo, that movie is the one. You want to see? That movie? He's that. They call him the greatest song writer in history. He got the title right, not our style. The movie.
Speaker 4: I just didn't see The Unknown and they said the man ain't go to the meg Gallon because he wanted thet He wanted to watch the Nick Game.
Speaker 2: He's my type of guy. I love him.
Speaker 4: I vote for his next movie even without seeing it, just for that. No, he's a real Nick fan. I see him at the games. But he's so so talented meg Gallan.
Speaker 1: Do you see look? And he thing to do with that.
Speaker 3: I'm miss seeing a couple I've been seeing. I see my man three stacks with the piano on his back.
Speaker 2: That was crazy. I want I want to know what I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 3: Was the transmission in that piano or was it like like a like an empty box. It can't have been that heavy because he went up the stairs.
Speaker 1: He's walked the the.
Speaker 4: House came in with like a thousand feathers, Like my my thing is like, yo, listen one place and it's no disrestract because if they invite me, I'm going.
Speaker 1: But one place I ain't been pressed to go to is the Med Gallon. It just looked like a lot of work.
Speaker 4: Like all them outfits look like they like the girls are sucking and they're eating the olive for like a month.
Speaker 1: They this ship is out of control. You know what you show? You gotta be to have a piano on your back beat, y'all the fuck out. He had a whole orchestrain on his fucking back. Man, you're kidding me.
Speaker 3: Man though, Snowfall came in with it with a motorcycle shoot and they ripped.
Speaker 2: It off of the other helmet.
Speaker 1: Nah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: And then he had a suit under the shuite.
Speaker 1: It's a bit I'm not you know, I'd rather see the Grammys.
Speaker 2: I go to the Med Guy live.
Speaker 1: I would go to.
Speaker 3: And then want to wear more than one ouse he's ever been invited to. You heard, I'm cool with the Med Guy. I don't want to be layered. I don't want to have like a shoot with another shot with a with a with a quilt with the skin a nice shuit. Yo, your man with some accessory that's.
Speaker 4: In one of my idel's baby face. He looked like Professor Klump. I don't know where they what is the baby he woter It's like I can't take it.
Speaker 1: Dick, big ass. He looked like Clump. Bro.
Speaker 4: He looked like Clump like Professor Klump and the ship and I'm just a shoot that had big crazy fat like he looked like he was a fat boy. He's not, but I mean the suit, the suit was made like that suit was made like no fashion, big one fat Joe Grammys like big what you know it wasn't like that. I'm trying to tell you what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yo yo, this.
Speaker 4: Ship out of control. They have that ship right there. I don't know about you know, I don't. I don't expect Jayda to come up in there like Zarrow or some ship like that.
Speaker 1: Right like what.
Speaker 2: Like, I just like the regular.
Speaker 3: If you invite me this make me regular, don't make me a zorrow hat or nothing that don't make me. Don't get me out of my element.
Speaker 1: Rihanna pregnant.
Speaker 3: That's a blessing child number three for Rocky and re read. I think it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: You know. Let me tell you something, man, he said Rocky, I know him a long time. You know he really for the Bronx.
Speaker 2: That No, no, I'm telling you I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, I ain't got it. I ain't gotta like, I don't need the coat sign on this. The kid from the Bronx, I know him from the Bronx trum and didn't even Harlem. It's cool, but you know what the babies really from their heritage is back in the Bronx. I'm trying to tell you, man, you could trace him back to the Bronx. I got money on it for anybody, And I'm.
Speaker 1: Not starting controversy.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, telling me, is it anywhere?
Speaker 1: Did he ever say this? Never ever?
Speaker 3: You standing on business as from the bro know that though, like I know that, he know that You're gonna get to the bottom of this.
Speaker 4: Listen, you know you historical person, So you Bronx, let me tell you that you for the Bronx.
Speaker 1: There used to be this little baby you snuck in from Yonkers. I don't know. There used to be this little place called Miss Elise where if you curse, you got to give a dollar. So all the hustlers.
Speaker 4: I seen Dame Dash there and a bunch of people there like like all the hustles used to go in there.
Speaker 1: She cooked best cooked in the world. Should give you that. What's the bread, the wheat bread, the yellow and brown one.
Speaker 2: Bread?
Speaker 4: Nah, not comfortable, but no, it's a brand, the brown and yellow bread, the wheat bread one. And you just put the butter on that joint while you eat the steak and shit like that. But you know his sister used to go there. I used to see it there all the time, asap Rocky sister. Huh, Nature's on Nature's one. That's that nature' zone right there. Trust me, I know what salut asap Rocky man doing major major things are out there. He's and he got the babies coming, those billion dollar babies.
Speaker 1: Man. Facts shut out. My sister Beyona ever.
Speaker 4: Signed up a phone playing thinking wow, great price, and then months later it's like surprise, your bill is higher with.
Speaker 3: Boost Moore where you pay twenty five dollars a month forever. That's unlimited talk, text and data starting at just twenty five dollars a month. No price hikes, no contract forever plus.
Speaker 4: Boost Mobile is now a legit nationwide five G network. They invested billions of dollars building five G towers across the country.
Speaker 3: Visit boost mobile dot com ahead to your local boost Mobile store today and get unlimited talk, texts and data for twenty five dollars a month.
Speaker 2: Forever.
Speaker 1: Five G speeds is not available in all areas.
Speaker 4: After thirty gigabytes, customers may experience experience slower speeds, and customers will pay twenty five dollars a month as long as they remain active on that boost Mobile unlimited plan.
Speaker 3: Jador fell to the fifth round. How you feel about that? What you think was involved? What you think made that happen? Do you think that was always gonna happen? Do you think it is some knocks because he come from a wealthy, smart Hall of Fame dad, and he's doing this with watches and big hirks and Rose Royce's And think that made the team owners a little man and shy away?
Speaker 1: What do you think it was?
Speaker 4: First of all, let me just say that all all the team players, all the teams played themselves.
Speaker 1: Let's be cleared that skipped them.
Speaker 4: Every one of them teams played themselves, the giants Dallas or the first thing I told him was that you you think Dallas is gonna they passing them five times?
Speaker 1: Dallas? They got my man off. Dallas never win hing went on.
Speaker 2: They gave that with my man.
Speaker 4: He's there for good looks. Dak Prescott is simply a good looking guys. He gets the money, he gets the endorsements. He's not winning ship and rich. My brother is a Dallas fan, and I got a joint way on your door through five times, like you gotta.
Speaker 2: Be on crack, not five times five round.
Speaker 1: Five rounds of state.
Speaker 4: Four other guys in front of him, and every single team, even Cleveland who picked them back gobody.
Speaker 2: Because a lot of real is it? He got picked one hundred and something or something.
Speaker 4: Once again, I'm gonna tell you, every single team in the NFL played themselves. You see how when Lebron Brownie, they they made sure nobody would pick him, and he was like, yo, don't pick him. He gotta come play with his father and everybody fell back. That was the blueprint of this ship. He just all got together. All the owners we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Teach was different.
Speaker 3: Pot Bron is inside the organization. He could talk the Genie, he could talk the Raper Link.
Speaker 2: He can do that.
Speaker 4: But other teams, Why why the Knicks ain't pick them? Why the Raptors ain't pick them?
Speaker 1: Why nobody? Because they told the whole league, you can't nobody done. That's what they like that.
Speaker 4: That's what they did on Paul and and and them, guys who fucking managed Rich Paul and them, was like, you better not pick Ronnie.
Speaker 1: He got to play with his father. But let's just say this is the reverse of that.
Speaker 4: In the NFL, they definitely told all the owners, we're teaching this kid a lesson. We're not picking them. And with the problem with that. The problem I got with that, right is I don't know Dion like you guys might know him. All I know him for is saying God is great, God is good.
Speaker 1: He's a family man. He takes kids, kids, he coaches kids, he mentors.
Speaker 4: I don't know how that would have upset every owner of the National Football League to not pick his son. Like It's not like to me, I don't look at Dion as problematic.
Speaker 3: It's not that the already stars Dion, all his kids the already famous. It's probably some I don't know why he should have been when he should have been the top ten, top five if you ask me.
Speaker 4: Listen, Cleveland, I mean the numbers don't lie. They immediately sold more jerseys than every other rookie in the in the.
Speaker 1: In the whole league.
Speaker 3: He's sold more Jersey's gonna sell out the stands in jerseys and all that. But the owners in the GMS want to see wins. They pay for win.
Speaker 4: He's gonna win. So who they picked before him gonna make them win more than him? The shit they got too many, so they probably loaded it up so they can start trading everybody.
Speaker 2: Sean Watson, Flocko they wanted to get, but he's still there. As of now he's there.
Speaker 4: Flocko is like really old school, right, Flocko's efficient for one year?
Speaker 1: He got one good year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he gave you one good They usually bring him in half this season, though, like.
Speaker 4: Ya, how about the biggest robbery of football history at Aaron Rodgers?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: And that's my man too. I love Aaron Rodgers. That motherfucker twisted his acho on the first play. How much money he caught for the.
Speaker 1: How many?
Speaker 4: How many on the first laby Let me ask you something. How many millions was that for two years right there?
Speaker 1: How crazy? You know what we gotta rap?
Speaker 4: You know how many times we got to go to our birder, Canada and shit like that to fucking get the bag up like your motherfucker twisted his ankle and.
Speaker 1: He how much he caught? Geez?
Speaker 4: Whoa Why we don't have that for rappers? Why we don't have like a way out y'all? Give Jada a check, Give Joe a check?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: I mean? Where do what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: I guess this? This podcast shit is the new rapper shit? Right.
Speaker 4: I'm at a Jewish funeral yesterday. One of my best friends Jewish. His grandmother died. She's ninety three, and I'm talking to a Jewish lady right next to in the funeral thing and she's like, hey, Joe man, you got to tune into my podcast. And she's like eighty years old. I'm looking at I say, you know what, I can learn a lot from you. I might just tune into your podcast, but ship is just everybody. What's gonna make the difference with the Joe and Jada podcast?
Speaker 1: Authenticity?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Is it gotta be a organic conversation. We can't we can't ride to the waiver of what's going on out here.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? This ain't that, and that ain't this.
Speaker 1: That ain't this.
Speaker 2: It's cracking kids.
Speaker 4: Oh see, My thing is when you talk about damn. That's that's one right there. You know when you say when you talk about hip hop podcasts. See, I can't salute you if you didn't go and did a show and the promoter beat you for your second half of your money, or you you went to show the promoter.
Speaker 1: If you haven't y'all, y'all listen of what it is. You can't be sitting up here dice secting the albums.
Speaker 4: And that's the fucking problem we had with Rapped since the beginning, since the sources, mics and all this shit. It's like, Yo, you ain't even play the game. You see the reason why we love T and T so much. With Chuck and Shock, these are legends. They played the game. They know the ins and outs. When it comes to Jada and Joe, like, we've been fucked over, weven won. We don't have moments, we done had anthems.
Speaker 1: We know the game.
Speaker 4: We done got beat by the promoters, you ain't really been real unless they sick pit bulls on you when you try to get the second half of money, or you gotta beat up a promoter and take the money in quarters, you know what I'm saying, Or you get kidnapped in Africa.
Speaker 2: We need our money, right, we need our money.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna get my So when I see these certain guys comment and never had a hit record, never had an album, I'd like to be They're not qualified.
Speaker 3: You know when they put these in front of people, Oh they lose. They some people just get caught in a moment and say dumb ship you know. And it happened to the best of us. But but I'm time due time, it'll all come to the light.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just said the best duo ever in the hip hop is a Shanti and Jah Rule. Can I start with my comments first on this right, every show I do with a Shanty and and Ja Rule, it's the only show I sit there and watch them perform. After me, I just love their music, what they brought to the game, dynamic together. It's definitely one of my favorite duos and so you know, Absolute Jah and a Chante.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree. And it was like you have to have like it had to be a group or three or more.
Speaker 3: So that album I think for them to win duel of history and never had an album together, just did man classic new made hits. I think that's awesome. Well, I think you know they ain't throw me and Mary on there. I know what's the which you had to have three or more songs.
Speaker 1: Now you gotta have three more song. You got a bunch of songs with Berry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got at least three or more though, but you know they don't nominate.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something, but your coldest one was with Usher.
Speaker 4: That ship damn boy brow back shout out to the boy man Usher. Usher was what the biggest guy on earth at the time. Sure he sends you the song yo Jay that I need you on this.
Speaker 1: I gotta watch it back. Yeah, when that ship hit and you heard the fucking.
Speaker 4: And then drums hit, you was like, oh no, you smoked some real loud like you was in the You you might as well be Koma Toast on that ship.
Speaker 1: You was. I wish I had.
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn just Blazi you that gave me this beat, but he.
Speaker 1: Gave it to you with Usher. That's a that's a fucking diamond. This diamonds.
Speaker 2: I mean shit, it was Usher.
Speaker 3: Song that I just lend it a little bit of services too, But now I felt it was a beautiful thing because you, like you said, Usher.
Speaker 2: Was running the world, controlling the world in his hands. So when they sit down, I'm like, this is gonna help.
Speaker 3: It's gonna help out a lot. One year since the Kendrick and Drake discrepancy, what they like to call it beef in the Median world, since we we im media media in there. But you know, thank god, nobody really nothing happened to anybody physically. Well how you feel about personally? I thought it was about four or five months ago. I can't believe it. This is at a control man, how's the year? But what I can tell you is, boy, that Kendrick Lamar gets some spins.
Speaker 1: In the LA radio.
Speaker 4: Everybody from LA gets spending. They never seen when is the last time you went and put on the radio in La. I was there last year. I was bro I never seen nothing like this. Like every single song they like, turn the TV off the other one. This this that the this, this, that's what. It's a fact. Kendrick Lamar gets played nine out of every ten songs in LA right now.
Speaker 1: Not even Snoop Dogg, not even.
Speaker 4: Tupacsha Car, Not nobody from LA has dominated the paint.
Speaker 1: Like this guy this last year.
Speaker 2: What they doing in La.
Speaker 4: You know, if you from LA, you think there's only one guy on earth Kenjick Lamar.
Speaker 1: I'm just keeping in the park with you. You turn on that radio in La.
Speaker 4: If you're from LA, you work at Target, Okay, Amazon, you're delivering some shit. You're working at the bakery, pont of that e whatever, East lay Holts. You thinking there's one man breathing in the hip hop it's called Kendrick Lamar. I'm keeping it.
Speaker 1: A buck with you.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, the hell of here had a hell of a career, but the last Yeah, So what do you think about beef and the hip hop? Like I've didn't answer this a million times.
Speaker 3: It's getting out of hen when it gets for me. I thought it was always good. If you take it all the way back from Wow Style in LL and Como D and then all the way up to us in fifty to whatever you want, it's always good as long as it stays.
Speaker 1: On wax, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Now, when it first started, somebody say something about you.
Speaker 3: You gotta go to the studio. You gotta immediately work on getting getting on back out there.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 3: Now is he knocked the stick off your shoulders like a fight at the school at three o'clock.
Speaker 2: Now it got has the technology evolved?
Speaker 3: It turned into movie skits, uh, animations, Uh, retrieving fake information and going to the to the embassy and getting it's got. It got a little wacky for me, Like I like it to be beats and rhymes and keep it like that. Once you started getting once it got out of my pay grade, I kind of I'm not really you know what I mean. It takes is a little bit of disinterest to me because it's turning. It's turning political.
Speaker 2: Now supposed to be beats and rhymes, Mike's DJ's and.
Speaker 1: Even lawsuits behind wrapped this records. Now I never saw the.
Speaker 2: Ass over my head.
Speaker 3: I don't really understand when it gets you know, yeah, I just want to see not just I just want to see rhymes and songs and hip hop shit. Once he gets yeah, your once he goes to the White House, Supreme Court and things like that, and you know what I mean, and.
Speaker 4: To the Congress Library and know all that. Who got nominated for the Hall of Fame this year. I think outcast Salt and Pepper. You know, Salm Pepper different, right. I've done a couple of shows with him, and it'd be like ninety nine point nine percent women fans. Like they have a cult women fans audience. There's nothing you could do about it. I perform with them a couple of times. And the way women, the way women connect with Salt and Pepper is very That story's never been told, right, like you know what I mean, Like wherever they perform, the whole venue is women. You know, they really fucked with Salt Pepper like that. So salute Salmn Pepper. Come from a time where you know, the stars were very few, but they were iconic. You know, Fat Boys run dmc LLL, Slick Rag, you know the rock Camps. It was one they was only had like ten and they was holding it down for the ladies. And of course Outcasts.
Speaker 3: Definitely, you know they inducted they it too. I man shout out the big boy three stacks. Uh, what they've done for hip hoppers and it's peckable.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They started that whole Atlanta movement with the Goodie Mob and they had everybody follow ever since.
Speaker 3: Organized noise, Organized confusion, organized noise, you know, so they shut out the organized confusion too though.
Speaker 2: Men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, organized confusion.
Speaker 3: That was that.
Speaker 1: That then you got what's the ship? Then that made the other barn.
Speaker 4: Crucial conflict right from out there in the Midwest.
Speaker 1: Boy, that what you know?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, hip hop is so great, man, because it's such a variety of hip hop. If you out there really trying to like this, I never knew every everywhere I look on Instagram, TikTok is it's my anxiety. It's like I thought it was like a white girl song and my daughter was like, Yo, that's don't she that's the girl I've been putting you on to dadd And I'm like.
Speaker 1: What what what crazy? It's my anxiety.
Speaker 4: That ship is everywhere under the sun beat like I'm talking about, Yo, I did not know it was this girl's uh record, don't you Oh she she's super dupe. No, No, she had it here with this anxiety like you know, nah, I'm telling you, I'm telling you that ship is door commercials whatever. This shit is touching everybody. She got one, she got a culture movee.
Speaker 3: Greatest album ever to come on and hip hop is my infamous, she said, New York, New York, New York. I definitely think that's one of them. Definitely even wouldn't argue. I wouldn't argue with that, you know what I mean? Infamous album? Did allt for me? They'd alive for my brothers, did allive for hop? Ship was incredible? You know.
Speaker 1: You know when when Prodigy died, I was at his funeral and.
Speaker 4: It was so it was first of all, you walk in the funeral and they playing boom boom. They had a band playing it boom boom. There's a wall going on outside, no man to say they was playing the beat when you walk in the funeral. A band could have been the Roots, I don't know, somebody and playing that. So I'm in the back, I'm tearing up, and it just it just hit me at that moment that U say, if hip hop was a pyramid, we lost like a big stone, Like like I was in there and I realized, like yo, we really took an l You know, Prodigy is dad and in the middle of the whole shit. You know how when your friends come up there and talk about you. One of their men's got up there. It was like in fuck care rest one, the bridge ain't over that. I'm like, Yo, thirty years later, they still shooting at us.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo with you.
Speaker 4: I'm at the field of room with you, baby, what you're talking about. I don't give a fuck this this that your faith and you know, but me, my favorite album of all time, whether New York or anybody, is Illmatic or Nasty Nods. Even when I'm on that plane and that plane, you know, my biggest fear of the plane when that shit start doing all this shit. He'd be like, you want to take a license with this? Your asshould be out sating, going to get something, Yo, dumb past at anything. You know, all that shit Yo, son Yo said Nah no, na, nah, you know this is illmatic. You know, even when you got the record deal or you don't, got to see that's what's hip hop. Hip Hop's missing that a lot too. Those legendary skits, them WU tanks, get your son them, hit Yo, set them, hit Woo tang, drag.
Speaker 1: Me in the building.
Speaker 3: You're gonna take to seventeen. It's seventeen glass. They definitely missing skits anytime you talk about legendary or classic album money and how they could go for days like a religious argument.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it is is.
Speaker 2: I only think it was a problem if it's things on the list that nobody agrees, so you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So that's the story of the Grammys when ninth one this side down here, that's the story infamous I'm not.
Speaker 4: I watched him come into the fucking Grammys. He sold thirty million record step you remember that first fifty cent out he was nominated that Nigga might have lost the tic tac toe.
Speaker 2: He got up.
Speaker 1: And looked around and walked right back out that fucking Grammy. Like the Grammy. They've been better these years, right, but.
Speaker 4: They had it all the way fucked up like they they was giving, you know, fucking Mark and Mindy the Grande Grammy over Biggie and shit like this, and you sitting there like, yo, this shit is nuts. I watched fifty cent walk in, sold thirty million records. Man, gee, hewnit boa we could get this shit popping pop. He walked up in there, his seat wasn't even warm. He sat there for like two seconds, and the winter is Herbo and peachers over here, and the man got up and walked out. And that's when I knew we all fucked in the Grammys. When I saw that shit, I said, oh no, everybody fucking Grammy's. Like, I don't know what expertise they use if it has to be elevated music and some shit, I don't know what it is. I know I lost two of my Grammys. I got nominated, I want to say six times. One I lost to the Black Eyed Peas for lean Back, and they didn't even have Fergie with them. They ain't even have the White Girl yet, so they was really not even popping at the time, right, And it's the black Eyes. Yeah, yeah, the black Eyes.
Speaker 2: They ain't have Fergie.
Speaker 1: If you ain't got Fergie, you know you ain't supposed to be winning lean Back.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, You just ain't. You know, you at least Fergie. You know, we understand we got Fergie. But then the second one I lost was chanced to Rapple. I stood, don't, yo, let me tell you something bitter about that. I'm bitter chance he'd be All the Way Up. REMI comes out of jail for eight years, but that you don't the only song you don't want no problems, got no violence with me. I said, that's a decent song, but you know, you know it didn't mean as much as you know the hood.
Speaker 1: You know, we went to jail, both of us. We came back.
Speaker 4: We had an all time low. We put out a record, I'm All the Way Up. It goes number one and Chance the Rapper wins. Come on, man, it wasn't tapped into the culture right automatically.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to give it to the Robin Hoods.
Speaker 2: I got nominated once. I don't know who I lost.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: The man, this man, Big Pun, first Latino to sell two million records solo.
Speaker 1: We go to the Grammys. We went the biggest mansion. This man get the girls to come from from San Francisco. They did the finger waves on Punt. Punt had the finger waves like like mac dre and and all those guys out there in San Francisco. We that's the infamous pictures. We got the big suits with each.
Speaker 4: Other, like man, we walked up in there. Your man, Rookie Martin was up there. He was living like either lo God. We was like, oh shit, I waited my whole life to go to the Grammys.
Speaker 1: I'm looking this.
Speaker 4: Everybody's over there. You got fucking every superstar, you have a name in your life.
Speaker 1: So we just sit down. In one second.
Speaker 4: When we get there, the guy from Loud Records come up and be like, Yo, they did the hip hop before this, y'all lost. Pun said, man, fuck these get the fuck out of here. Fuck the Grammys. I said, yo, Pun, he's the first time we've been invited to some fly. She was like, fuck them, you coming with me? And now I was like, oh my god. We walked up out of that shit.
Speaker 2: He was tight.
Speaker 1: He was tight. So they really matter.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: People definitely want to get celebrated.
Speaker 3: I think it's somebody in somebody in the academy. Then I figured out we happy was just getting nominated.
Speaker 1: Nah fuck that.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump said Steve should be should run from President. Donald Trump always such crazy ship. I don't think Stephen they should be the president. Maybe the president of s Walter he ESPN, but not the president of the world.
Speaker 1: But let me explain something you Donald Trump, he had a TV show man.
Speaker 2: He was a lot of TV shows, a lot of courses, all of that. The president crack. I don't think Stephen they wanted to be president.
Speaker 1: He don't.
Speaker 4: He definitely saying he don't want to be president. But what you gotta understand that all these people they regular people. Man, They just become politicians and then through the years they go on, they ranks up until being the president.
Speaker 1: Why can't Stephen A. Smith?
Speaker 3: That's what put in their air that anybody can be president.
Speaker 2: That ain't That ain't right. Anybody can't just be president.
Speaker 4: No, got you gotta have the people behind you. But they are regular people. I'm trying to tell you if anybody yes, so why why somebody come from New York made something getting a hundred million by Steven Asmith broke.
Speaker 3: Yo with running the world. I don't care he got a hundred trillion. He don't know about having going over there talking to the big guys over there and all that.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying that you is when Donald Trump issues Donald Trump was a wrestle Mania beat.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm trying to tell you.
Speaker 2: Is Donald Trump made another Donald truck. Anybody Donald Trump's like Dione Sandys.
Speaker 1: They'll never be another one. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: Never, nobody's never gonna do what he The presidency is not something to take lightly. The last few years we've just been saying anybody should running for president. We gotta get back to president's running for president.
Speaker 1: President's running for president's not you. You ain't bullshitting one with that.
Speaker 4: When you get trended a little cracked your running press. No, he's shutting that next. You know they're gonna be like cracking Litzo president vice president. Mofuckers can sell it out of chicket.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, mofucker. You know anybody go for I don't want to be president.
Speaker 4: Politicians saying that politics to the politicians alone. We got to clear this and then end it with this. You can't stick it y'all. Y'all listen, change this coming now, Chain this coming, baby, man, Train this coming now, who are you gonna kill?
Speaker 1: Train this coming?
Speaker 2: Skin Jerry? What the hell was this?
Speaker 1: They kept playing to your I didn't get to see sentence yet. My daughter went to see it three times.
Speaker 3: It's one there that they're skinning somebody alive.
Speaker 2: Man. That was the anth.
Speaker 4: This is from a money train, remember money trained with U with Woody and yes, the train is coming baby, and the training is coming now.
Speaker 1: That's how I felt when I flew in.
Speaker 4: I just said, damn, this is the We're about to take the nation by storm, the Joe Jada's Show, about to be officier out here, like you know this all this rustle, some ruff with some feathers. Immediately, you know, the minute you and I understand. The minute they announced Joe and Jada got a podcast. It immediately rang some bells and they was like, oh ship they coming with that ship because we are.
Speaker 1: The training is coming now. The train is coming baby.
Speaker 4: All right, tune in next time for the Joe Jadas show Man, brought to you by Boost Mobile.
Speaker 3: Baby Mother's Day three, Mother's Day to all the mother's out there, man, the mother's moms.
Speaker 4: My mom's passed away this week, and uh, it's something that you always fear and you always think it might happen, but then it just really happens, and so you just got to deal with life. Man up and shout out to my mom's being such a beautiful influencing me and you know, making me the man who I am. So we'll be Miss Cartagena.
Speaker 1: Peace