Speaker 1: He is drinks chess, motherfucking podcast man.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary queen's rapper. He ain't agreed as your boy in O r E. He's a Miami hip hop mioneer. Put up his DJ E f N.
Speaker 1: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you me and.
Speaker 2: The most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans mo DS New Year c that's it's time for drink champions. Drink up, motherfuck mother? Would it good? Be hoping you would have shill be. This is your boy and R what up his dj E f N And this is middle of taping Crazy War. Now.
Speaker 1: His brother's a legend. We've been trying to get him for a long time. They said he came out two thousand and twelve, but his freshman year couple is about to hit ten years.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about that.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about that Super Bowl stage, We're gonna talk about them six Grammys. We're gonna talk about this legend. Non Grammy.
Speaker 2: Was fucked up. In case you don't know, now, I had my first hip.
Speaker 1: Hop name was MC Yahoo with the ball to Bean and he was yeah, I know was fucked up, but you up there with me.
Speaker 2: Your ship was Breezy Loved Joy. Yeah, you know it's a much better name. Okay, I get you that, but so that was your first man, Yeah, that was my first name. I was like, yeah, it's gonna get all the hose Breezy Loved Joy. It was already called me Breezy when I was just a kid. It's twelve years old and I was a big, chubby kid. I was farting all the time, and my brother in law was like, I'm gonna call you Breezy. He's from he was from Brooklyn. He was like, call you Breezy right, because you're false be crazy. And then when I got into like high school, I was like, I'm gonna at the love Joy right because that's gonna get the ladies. When I started writing music on my first little demo tapes, and that's what I went with for years. And then my manager was like, you need to change that ship when you going to meet Doctor Dre. Yeah, I was like, I got five hundred Instagram followers. I don't need to change shit. I'm on but and he was like, you're gonna really meet doctor Dre one day and say my name is Breeze Love Joy and I was like, damn, so I changed it. Two years later I was signing Dre. It was like it was crazy and you went with your own name. M hmm, okay, mosset people in my my name. My government name is Brandon Park Anderson. Wow, it's Korean and white. I guess I don't know what it is. But my mom they thought it was gonna be a girl. So it was gonna ga me Brenda. And I came out the g the man that I am right, and they said Brandon right and uh. And then I just switched it up. I went by Anderson Pat and then I changed the denunciation of Pack because my manager was like, you need them guessing, you need them talking. They won't know if it's Pack Park, they won't know if you want man a group. And I was like all right, and I did it Anderson Pack and uh yeah it was. It took a little bit, like rebranded for a little bit, but it was. It kind of just all the line. It was perfect time and after that I just kept going with it.
Speaker 1: All right, now we heard you drinking constants to almost it's natural Tila day tomorrow, right, let's let's get it.
Speaker 2: Let's get it. Jump on it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna celebrate you drinking soccer drinking. Yes, he's.
Speaker 2: Right. I just came from and you've been to Korea. The share, Thank thank you. I have been to Korea several times because I heard your son speaks fluent Korean. Yeah, and laws of Korean, his grandparents, his mom, the whole house Korean. I'll be like, you're black too, But little nigga, now you like to get looked now, but what's the Korean Virgin of saki? What's the course?
Speaker 3: So long as you remember kept sake my mom gave me because she went to Korean.
Speaker 2: You brought it. You like it? I love it. I get it.
Speaker 1: That nas restaurant Cocotte with the caviar and chicken spot and they didn't have saki, so I asked and they was like, we have the Korean Virgin of Saki and what's it called again?
Speaker 2: Sold you that? Yeah? Okay, it's like vodka. But you're not you're not Korean yourself. I am so. My mom is actually born in Korea. She was adopted in Korea, so she was found. Her and my uncle were found during the Korean War in the fifties when the when the whole place was going crazy and they were abandoned kids they assumed from you know, a military American and a Korean mom, and they were found and then brought over to the Stags. My mom grew up black adopted parents who were also in the military. She grew up and Compton moved to South Central and when she was you know, late thirties, she was living in Oxnar. So she had me and my little sister, but she grew up in La. My pops was from Philly. Wow. Black from Philly. Yeah, yeah, so I'm Blatan.
Speaker 4: I'm from Malaysian's black Asian.
Speaker 2: We're from Malaysia. Son our people knees war Obama claiming nigga.
Speaker 1: So how I you said your mom from Compton? How did y'all get to Oxnard? How you can pronounce it? Sar California?
Speaker 2: Where's that at? It's a little north to La. You go one on one north towards Santa Barbara. The first time the album calabasas like past Calabasay. Yeah, Interrey County. It's nice and it's it's a little more secluded, but it's by the beach, but you know, more people moving there now, but back then it was a lot of people would be there because of the military base while he was there, and you get a lot of military people there, a lot of retirees, and a lot of agricultures out there, so it was a lot of Latinos, a lot of Mexicans and Salvadorians because it's all like strawberries. You can grow everything there, so the majority of it is agriculture and like immigrants that be over there working and my mom strawberries. Yeah, that's how my mom winded up over there. She got gifted a business for her. One of her friends gave her a strawberry standing. He's going to take over, and he's like, take this. You ain't doing she was like doing junior college. She had two kids already. She was like it, you know, And then she did that and it got bigger and bigger every year. And by the time she always worked for herself, Yeah, entrepreneur from the job. And then she met my dad and they started doing that together. And then my that didn't work out. My pops went to prison when I was, you know, rearely young, six or seven. But then she continued to go and married again, and they got into the same business and by the time we was high school, you know, it was a multi million dollar business.
Speaker 1: You know what the illness about you is, I always kind of see you smile, right, yeah, And to me, I'm scared of people who smile. Right, I'm going to tell you why they want to protect their peace. That's what that means for persons.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm saying, like, you know, I don't mean scared, like you know what I mean. What I mean is like this guy, Like if you see somebody smile, it's like, that's that's the person you don't want to break their peace.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: And when I you know, saught researchings you and I realized both of your parents went to jail, right.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, both of them did stretches in congentry. My mom's uh was seven and a half years of Corona State and my stepdad uh did about a year lest But yeah, the same business as she did. You know, she ended up getting in over her head kind of case. It's like they had crazy like uh, you know, counts against her. She she pled guilty, took a plea, and she did seven and a half state and did that ship, got went in got her degree. Both of your parents the same time. H Yeah, it's a separate time now they were locked the same time. Wow, this was my stepdad and he came in around when I was like six or seven, so and all the way till I was about in high school. But yeah, they boke up put it in the same time. And I was like senior in high school, like I thought I was about to be like I was making beats already, DJing I was. I was like, I'm about to be signed to Rockefeller, be the youngest over there. I'm gonna do this. And then that happened senior year and everything just upside down. My sisters had to move in and everybody was just scrambling tryning. Me and my little sister were still in high school. So how many siblings told, I got three sisters from my mom and it's two older sisters, Ronnie and Camille. Shout out to Ronnie, Camille and my little sister Fielding And that's who we grew up in house with. I was the only boy and I'm the middle and so that must have been a rough time for us. Yeah, it was tough, but we're all really close. So everybody banded together. And once I graduated, I was like, Okay, I'm not signed yet, I'm gonna get a job. So I moved out. And it's when you worked in the weed all working everywhere we farm. I did groceries, I did assistant living, sold shoes, sneakers, sold weed. It was the worst weed dealer. Yeah, you smoke with getting robbed, just yeah, just getting.
Speaker 5: No negotiating, no negotiating skills.
Speaker 2: It was going all off botes and you gotta pay other people. The niggas are trimed, like damn, I have no gun. It's just chilling. Yeah. It was just I was just having fun out there. Yeah. But then eventually I got in my right lane in my right mind, like I'm gonna do music.
Speaker 1: So California, like from what we always know is like heavily gang populated, was oxen arg Yeah, heavily ganged, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Heavily Yeah. Growing up, that's all I knew. That's all I knew growing up. When I was coming up. My earliest memories of hanging with my cousins, you know, they were gang bangers and they were always you know, beefing with different people in the neighborhood, and I remember people always going in and out of jail, are you know, getting you know, hooked on drugs? And early on they were like all the gang members I knew were early on there. We used to say, like you were different, Yeah, because you don't let you belong in the game, not at all, not in the least bit. Funny though, Like the music that I love the most is the most gang bang, and it's like shooting.
Speaker 1: Always Snoop Dogg ceed one time when when you cross.
Speaker 2: Whatever, you know, Like since I was little, I was listening to Snoop, you know, for show and tell. I used to learn every lyric and just rap you know the song you know, and that would be my show and tell. And I was obsessed with hip hop. My sister would to have all the tapes and I was obsessed with everything and that she was obsessed with and that was what my meter was for cool. So I was like yeah, But all the early people that were in that life were like, you're special, You're talented. I used to just sit and they and they like do it, and I just dance. I'll do all the kid and play like Chriss Cross like I would do all that I was such an entertainer. I wanted to just entertain. I'll do the Bobby Brown, I do the I put the jacket over and I do. It would be like a every day a party for my family, and I would be just entertaining Michael Jackson. I'll be flip and all over the place. And so there was like boom. And then when I started playing drums, I started getting interested in music. Though there was like really like, you ain't not this ain't for you. You stick with that. You know when you started playing drums, that was in the church.
Speaker 1: So was that a three sixty moment for you when the super Bowl when you on the drums, because it's like that's where you started out in the church. But look at you on the biggest stage in the world, and you you know, you're.
Speaker 2: Going back to how you started. How was that moment for you? Cheers? The super Bowl? The super Bowl? It was the moment. Crap it up for that. That's that's why it makes it.
Speaker 1: Scott's thoughts must have been sitting back like, man, this morning, sucker, how he getting invited on stage?
Speaker 2: Lang Lang, But yeah, this's cribbed that moment. Shout out to Scott's story and got my man, hell ya just playing. But you know that joke was fun. That's my dad jokes, buddy. I had had what you're about to be left off that motherfucker like I got.
Speaker 1: We had Scott to talk about it on here, and we had Dre talk about it on here, and I asked Dre particularly. I asked, Dre, did you think you missed somebody off of the stage.
Speaker 2: And he looked at me.
Speaker 1: It's the hardest part of the interview, in my opinion. He looked at me and was like no, And I said.
Speaker 2: Oh ship he was?
Speaker 6: He was?
Speaker 2: I had They had already dropped the flyer for the Super Bowl, right, I was not on that ship. I hit Dre direct, Dre, what the fuck? Let me get on that joint, Let me play drums something, let me you know, I got I can get in there. Some ways said hey, it's all good. I made my own flyer. I superimposed myself on that ship long ago, ten years ago. That ship was before you. I put my I my people. I'm like, look, you gotta figure it out. I threw it. I threw myself on there. I was like, yo, it's good. Like He's like we're gonna find something for you guys like that. I'm puting myself on the fly. I'm gonna just take a few liberties. I'm gonna just throw myself on there. And I showed it to him. He started cracking up. He was like, make sure they know it's a joke. I was like, that's all good. I'm a post it And I was on that ship. Next thing you know, I was waiting manifest it. Manifest It's not make it till you make it, it's bring it to see it all the way through. Yeah, shout out to shoutut to everybody that was on it. Let me ask you, though you actually got the call, what was it that you for?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm in you know, that was pretty much just of V And next thing you know, I'm at rehearsals and he's like, I got this idea. You're going you're down to play for Marshall, you know, like, and I'm like, let's do it, like lose yourself and the fun the part was that I was rehearsing for the Silk Sonic ship at the same time we was rehearsing for your residency. If you went to the LA Residency, that was. We were rehearsing for that at the same time, and I feel like we only had like a month to get the show right, and we did a month straight and I had to keep telling Bruno's like, I gotta go for Super Bowl rehearsal. I got to leave early, you know, and so and both of them are just like they're so phixiated on having the greatest show. And that's why they do have the greatest show, because they really work at it. And Dre's no exception, and he was getting these rehearsals in and they put together an amazing show. And I was able to sneak in like really two or three rehearsals with Dre and them, and they shut out. To my boy, that was the MD over there. Oh my god, I'm I'm drinking and smoking, but you know, charge it to my heart, no man, But you know, my boy Adam Blackstone, who put together the show is incredible in his band, and he took care of me and got me where I was comfortable I could jump in there and also get back in rehearsal. So on we had to do the Super Bowl. It was insane because right before we go on to the field, you know, we're like on the side of the field, and you know they get like thirty seconds to set up stage or whatever. Wait thirty seconds, I mean something like that. Yeah, and I'm here and you know, you put your in theres in and you can hear everybody talking, and like it's seconds before we go up and I hear snoop go he go to Dre, Hey, cuz is it Lotti dotty doar dotty dotty doll? And Dre goes what and then five four slights off them? Oh my god, And I'm playing to lose yourself. You don't even get one shot. I'm like, could you not drop your sticks?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: This is like the biggest thing. And it was just incredible, man, like the way they orchestrated it and it went off without it hit you. It was it was that was a big moment for sure, and everybody was like, I was like, should I smile? You know when I'm damn, I couldn't help it, and I'm like, I'm gonna be straight facing. And then as you can see, I had the biggest fucking smile the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I tried. I just I was hired. So did he say I blocked out. I don't even know. I think he's lotty dot he died.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But go back to when you get your hands on drums, how is that presented to you in the church? Like what how did you get drawn into drums yourself?
Speaker 2: I started playing drums because I wanted a girlfriend or something, you know, I wanted girls, you know, like I was getting into twelve thirteen and everybody had a thing, and I thought I was gonna be NBA player. I thought I was going to be like a wrestler like all these things. And I was, you know, drawing, and I wanted to be in a cartoon like I wanted. I was like, well, I couldn't like be a cartoon, but I was like I need to do something. And then I was like I love music and I was very percussive, and the drums were the one thing that when I got on it was like second nature, like I never had to really overthink it. So that's why I stuck with it, and so it's naturally. Yeah, in sixth grade, I started playing in like orchestra band and it was cool. I was about to quit, but then my step pops I came home one dan he had a drum set and he was playing prints and I didn't even know he played drums, and like, I was like, okay, the full drum kit, that that might be more of my thing. And he was just always jamming. He wouldn't let me get on the drum kit for a minute, and then he finally got off and I hopped on and I started playing, and it was just like, man, a few minutes, I was getting it. I had the mechanics, and my mom was hopped out of the room and was like, you're crazy. My mom was a really big critic, you know, and she was like, that's you got it. She was dancing and shit. So I was like, okay, I can't make people dance and shit, so I'm gonna keep doing it. And I kept learning all her records or when the Fire, Frankie, Beverly and Al Green and you know, yeah, she was just yeah, she had booklets to see me d drums, learned this, learn this, I mean everything, Freddy Jackson, Heavy D Tony, Tony Tony, like so much stuff. And then I started, you know, getting older and listening myself. Then my god sister came through. She's like, you need to go play at church. That's where all the musicians at you playing drums, Oh you're ready, you need to play at church. And we never been to church for that. I was like twelve and my mom grew up in the church house her parents, her father was a pastor, but they she never really made us go to church like that. And so when I was invited by my godsister, it was because the music initially, and when I went, I saw the best music and saw the best players. And then I was you know, under people that were reading the word and and the best like mentors and stuff, and they were just taking me in. And I got a bunch of kids that are my age that were going to church too, So that became like my little network, my social network, and that was everything. That's where I learned. Like that was like my camp. You know, like every day I was, I'm a church.
Speaker 1: Kid, and you could head a soul and in your voice you could tell that you had to start early in the church.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was it. And they didn't let me play ship like for years. I was just just a drum staring at the drums a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was the bench for the yeah, and then then for commuting commuting or offering, you might get a chance to play. Come on, little nigg and you play. You fuck up one time, get off, get off, and they embarrassed you for the next guy come in, you know, And that's what it was about. You're playing, you know. Uh, I think DeAngelo said this one time. It's not for any former fashion. It's to glorify God. And you're a vessel, so any little thing, you know, it's like it's very sacred. So uh, you get the best musicians and eventually you you're able to play more and more. You know. It's like training and practice hours.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 2: Playing in the church is crazy. And I was there every day of the week down there. It's like Monday youth service and choir rehearsal at eight o'clock eleven o'clock. Then we travel, you know, shout out to Jerse Mitchell. I was me and an organist. And that was how I played. Grew up playing for years all the way until I was in my late twenties, until I couldn't do it any more. That that was how I got paid Every week when I didn't have a job, I could always play at the church. I was literally feeding my kid with that like it's yeah, that's it was my everything for sure.
Speaker 1: So did you ever find out from Boosie Collins with the Silk Sonic really mean.
Speaker 2: We just riding with this? You got to ask Bruno, Well it was Bruno, Yeah, okay, and it was like true he named he Yeah, like they came together. But I think, you know, Bootsy solidified it, you know, saying like he really like put a stamp on it and we couldn't do nothing without his blessing first. But you know, he is like such a mastermind man. He's really a visionary and a perfectionist and is a dude that is cut from the same claw. Another musician knows about playing in Church, it was about show biz from an early on point, you know, playing when he was like imitating Elvis in a full family band since he was like six seven. You know, like that's some shit right there. So he comes from a different side of it, so he knows. I don't know, he's just really good with the not only constructing these songs and putting in the work to make it happen, but also how is it going to look, how we're gonna position it, what suits what kind of kyo? Like now, let's really drive it home. Let's show them how to dance to it, like listen. You know. So this is a whole other part that I learned a lot from, you know, in that process with Silk Sonic. And we didn't have ship else to do. It was cod COVID. There's nothing else to do. So that's probably why it was perfect. And that's how you can ever get that back. Things weren't fun like it looked fun. Yeah, we were having so much fun. Some days we just pull up not a single bit of work with to get done and we're just laughing talking ship and uh, next day we try to do something because this day we just laughed all fucking day. And I think that's that's rare. You meet people that's rare that in the in the industry. When he works this long. I've been blessed work now in the double digit digits, and it's like to meet people that are you in your your peer group that are like that still and have that passion for it and still want to win. Uh, it's refreshing and it's like something you cherish. Now let's talk about you just use the word perfection. Right.
Speaker 1: One of the people that's known for perfection is doctor Dre. Like I've heard doctor Dre made you people.
Speaker 6: Come to this.
Speaker 2: Have you work with him?
Speaker 1: Yes, I have, But I worked with him early on in nineteen ninety seven. I told him, told him that he didn't even remember that's how dope his life is. He was like, word, I remember that track. Remember this was a track call I'm leaving on the Firm album. I was, so, I'm asking you, has it ever been frustrated or you always respect the process? Because I heard like like perfection, perfection. I heard you have people come back ten times to get one. I heard you guys battle perfection. Yeah, yeah, I think it's it's about the growth.
Speaker 2: I think when I started with him, you know, twenty fifteen, I was just really excited to be in there with Like I couldn't tell you how crazy the energy is to where someone that grows up in southern California grows up where I come from. And to actually make it to Dre, that was like making it to the top of it, Like that's the top and maybe see that might be universal thing Like even though I come from the West Coast, there's I know, there's this from New York. I feel that we're all over the world. That Quincy Jones, yeah, everything.
Speaker 1: So arguably the best producer of one of the most legendary groups, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, So to be in a studio, let alone be signed by him, Like I'm telling you, I never in my wildest dreams. So when I was just getting in the studio with him, when he was working on Compton, he was inviting me over. Man, that was just that's the first time I were together comped and op. Yeah, it really put a battery in my back. It gave me a gusto that I needed because before that I didn't think I was going to get to meet him. I think I was going to get to work with him. You know, coming up as a writer in LA you always got hit up to do uh detok sessions and work on stuff that you know, the mic may or not come out, and it was just always a thing. And so when I actually I almost missed the opportunity to work with him because I you know, I was thinking that oh that already came and went, you know, and it was such an idiot that almost like you know, let that was that close to letting the opportunity to go because I was thinking, like Nah, he ain't gonna be at the studio. I don't I've got my own thing going. I don't need to go and work on this. Yeah, you know at the time, you know, and my manager was like, are you you have to five hundred follow us? Okay, you know, get spike it double, but no, I was just like nah. And then he was like, dude, you go, bro, like just go, you know, And then I went and it was like wow, right there first two people on me, Dre and DC, because then you have a record out, and they didn't play it for him. I did have a record. It was bubbling. It was like, you know, floating around. I had a single out. I don't even know if it was officially out or what, but I think it was out. Actually had a record out through Stones Throw, through another group called No Worries. Shut up to my brother and you had to play it for him. You were nervous a ship. And I got invited and he was there, and so I went into the studio I was working with. He was working on the project called Compton, and he was working with these two writers Mezo my Dog till this day in JT. Incredible writers and they were like going crazy. They were playing me the music that they were working on for Dre and it was incredible and they were like, Yo, we love your song Swayed and that was the song I had, Bubbling and that's the song I had and it was a single, and he was like, we love this and we want to play it for Dre and I was like heard it yet. Yeah. I was like, well, let's make some new shit, you know, let's get him excited about something else, you know, in casey don't like it. And they're like, now fucked out. We bringing him in here. We brought him in. He was like, what the fuck was that. It's one of those anytime you get the two thumbs up you did something crazy right, and he just would have stopped playing it, and it was just like wow. He just cranked it up. And after like three or four times playing it, he's like, let's let's do something new. And we must have made like three or four records that night, all in the day's work we did that night. Yeah, we did a bunch of shit. And then it came back the next day. He did more and more and just like kept working. We kept working on you know, the first track and building it and trying different ways he wanted to do. They're playing with the production, and then I just kept coming. I would just some days I would go I wouldn't do anything. I just watch and other writers would come in, other artists would come in and record, and I would just shoot the ship with the producers. And then I was, uh, some days I do like three or four gems like crazy stuff. And next thing you know, I wake up and the album's out and my mom counting's out. It's on iTunes and my mom like five records, and then it updates them on six records. Then they was calling me six pack track. Nothing was ever the same, No.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was crazy. Yeah, how dope does that feel?
Speaker 1: Because it's also been rumored that Dre would make a whole album with somebody.
Speaker 2: You never know if that was, Like he actually put it out and I didn't have an album out. Really, I had this my first album. I venished and I had to single out. But then Boom Compton came out and I didn't even have my album out. Like I was like, ship, I need something to go off.
Speaker 1: I heard him L did a whole album, and no one wanted a bunch of people did stuff like what I'm saying like it's l L like that's right if I came a sign to the label. So when it actually comes out, you are you like, fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I made it. Yeah I'm different. I'm different, off Rid, because I think that was the beauty of it. It's like your ex girl and be like hey, bitch calling me. I was married. I always had my oldest you know, it was getting older, and I was like yes, perfect, like thank God, like something's happening, you know, like man, and I wasn't signed. I was boom, he was crazy put it out. Surprise. Drop had the movie. He had the motion and was like, no, check him out when he had the motion and I was like wow. And I couldn't buy a deal before that, we was going everywhere.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you, did you stick with aftermath because he felt loyal, You felt you felt.
Speaker 2: Like you deserved it, like like this this guy really gave you a shot. Absolutely absolutely, because he he put his he put his cards forward, you know, and I feel like he put hisself out there and kind of showed, you know, gave it that that CO sign when a CO sign really meant something, you know, like, uh, that's That's what he did for me and before anybody else. So now I felt like, so, now you're gonna go sign to somebody else now after he didn't put the do with the motion did that, and and also I wasn't signing, and so I got to really figure out that choice for myself, you know. And it was dope because I had another deal with Stone Throw on the Diferent Group. That's what I was about to ask, so I could always do no worry stuff, which is the reason why how he found me. So I could always have that that has nothing to do with anybody but me and my brother and in Stone's Throw, and then I could do Anderson Path for whoever I wanted to do it with. And I was like, wow, that's the hitting me of what I always wanted, Like, did any other label offer you as a soul that nobody had no offers on table until after dre Okay. So the album came out. Then I got all these everyone, all these medias at that point, and one was dope business. Now I had other producers, all these everybody want to circle back, and I felt I'm pulling up I'm ordering ship, you know. Before we saw Sushi. Yeah, so it was it was dope, but now it was really cool. Is I had all these like uh because I had a halfway done album. Malibu at the time was about halfway done, and I started reaching out now to these other producers that I didn't want to work with, matl Lib Ninth Wonder, High Tech and started finishing at the rest of the album, you know, DJ Khalil, and it gave it, gave it the texture that it needed to finish up the rest of the album. And I got to do that and I was a sign.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 2: When I came with the album, Dre was like, I want to do a brand new album with you. So I was like, all right, well I got Malibu. I'll drop that indie, you know. So I got to drop Malibu Indie with my partners that I was already working with, the Empire. Yeah, and at the time Art Club and Obe which was party to Magazai. Okay, go ahead, go ahead. So they put the first two albums out Steel Wool and it was like a bunch of moers on there, you know. But when you make a movie and be a bunch of moviders, I got to be involved. So it's the same thing with some of these first records. But yeah, we got to do that, you know, and and I got to put out Malibu and tour. I toured forever after that, and then we did Tiny Desk and then it just blew from there and people were seeing that, oh he's different, could play instruments, and so it was cool to be under Dre. Under with all this people saying you'll never drop all this stuff, And honestly, I never stopped dropping. I never stopped just doing it. As soon as I was with Dre, he set the presence, He set the standard while by him dropping his project Boom off Red, he was always working. I had all those records over there. I got to do my own indie record, and then I got to then sitting down with Dre again, let's sign out after everything I've been on the road, everything, I got my bread, you know, like everything's good, let's sign and let's do it, and now let's make an album. And I got to sit there with him and make my next album ax SNAr And that was some of the funniest name in your hood and you got Dre producing it. Come on City like man, it was beautiful.
Speaker 3: I'm sure for someone to have that where you were able to put out all this music independently as well, Yo, like that having.
Speaker 2: All would have blocked you from doing that. Don't tell too many people, dray Hat that's how you know, right right right, because he can.
Speaker 3: And the fact that he put out that record without signing you, because he would have been we're not putting this.
Speaker 2: Never blocked man. Never none of that. Man, And it's always working man, and even incorporates me in so much stuff. I'm on g t A because like all my in g t A, I don't even like last time I played it was like the camp, the Bird's eye view drink and now I'm in the fucking video game and ship like man, that was beautiful. Man like pops out Coachella shows like I mean, just that's my dog. Yeah, they shout out to Jay. Our show is about giving people.
Speaker 1: They flowers, what they could smell them, They to us what they could tell them, and they drinks while they can drink them.
Speaker 2: We want to give your flowers. Man, We know you got nine grand. You want to give you your goddamn novel. Got a little light yea making ship? There you go. Do you ever reflect on your success and be like, yeah, you're to pull up in Delta one lounge right right, right, right right, But I ain't got a scan ship here. I want sushi siro. I need it. Yeah, we're really feeling that ship. Like you know, it's usually at the airport. You get to see how successful or not successful you are, and it's good to say let you know. And everyone's gonna let you know, fans or lack thereof or you know, drivers. It's all about the people and it's great, and like I love it when I'm able to meet people and they lose their ship, like you know. And then sometimes I'll be with my mom. You know, my kid is now fourteen. He got friends and we go out and sometimes people geek out and it's like, you know, the kids are like okay, yeah, yeah, I told you, I really but this is great, man, Like I love it and it's like it's dope to be like I feel like there's still such a way as to go, and I love having fun with it. The journey's been sick, man, Like you know, I like getting into new ship. I've been doing a lot of DJing and getting into film. I'm doing a movie with my son and we shot it already. It's been you know, doing the film festival circuit, but it'll be out next year in theaters. You and your son. Yeah, we shot a whole film, like you guys, independently a little bit.
Speaker 1: You speak a little bit of Korean. Yeah, I got to mess me up seeing a black person to speak Korean.
Speaker 2: Man, and yeah, yeah, niggas feel me. If you feel me, you know what that meant. That's universal. Even niggas know what that meant. You don't know what you know? Yeah, like that could only mean one day, fuck wrong with you. It's a universe. It's almost Jamaican right, Yeah, yeah, a little dependence. That's they'll be saying that. That's when his mom get real mad. Yeah, I ain't gonna tell you again. That's some more like yeah, I know a little bit, but yeah, we did a whole movie independently. I directed it, co wrote. Shout out to kayl Amazon Stampede, Live Nation a lula Est. You know, we put together a film. I pitched him a film. I got to do it and it's gonna be out And it's like that was one of the hardest most like creatively feeling things, man, and to do with my son it's like that.
Speaker 1: We spoke about the album Mallible. Well I want to I want to speak about the place Malible for a second. Malible was one of my favorite places on Earth. Mallible doesn't even seem like it's in California, right, It seems like it's in another state. So yeah, it almost seems like a la version of Hawaii, right, absolutely love. I haven't even seen you in and Mallible one time. It's driving around with the drop I always see then, that's why, that's that's why. Yeah, what made you want to name the independent album Mallible?
Speaker 2: You know, I was going with the scene because I was making my albums like I wanted to make it like a series where people could follow along, like how people were doing the mixtapes. You know, they kept their audience because they it was like insta grils and it was always uh, sorry for the way, or like the name title, you know, and yeah connected. So I was like okay, and I was into doing I didn't want to get boxed in either because I like to do R and B, but I knew I would get bored to that and I would like to do some house sometimes rock funk, you know, switch it up, so I would have all these records. A lot of times I sit on my record four or five years before I put them out, you know, on average, you know. So I had a lot of these these songs, even from Alibou when I had Venice, and Venice came out first, but I was just kind of sitting on them, still working on them. But I had these songs that were like more electronic based, more lay up temple. Some of them were dance tempo, some of them were trapped. I was playing around with like, uh, auto tune this on this first record. So I was like this, I want to take them on a journey. So I'm gonna start them. I'm gonna put my albums in beaches and beach form and then they could follow me. Then I have the luxury to kind of when I go to Malibu, that could be my like serious like bluesy it's more you know, serious tone, and like I saved these, but Venice is more like turned up. You can buy some drugs, you can go cert you can go take some LSD, you can do some trip out, you know, and so there's that album is more of that. And then I was like, but I'm won't take them on this journey. We're gonna go up the coast and get a little more into No Boo, different vibe for different Sashimi, Yellow Tale now yeah yeah, so turn it down, not too much Ada Waits on this one. Yeah yeah. So then we started doing that and I had more like introspective joints and songs that I was like, really, I didn't I didn't know if I could put out because I was like a little too like I felt a little too shy about them for something. They were a little too vulnerable. But by the time I was on to make that album, I was like, yeah, it's perfect timing. And I had other songs that I was gathering, you know, am I wrong and everything? So I made it made sense with the environment, and I was just continuing on the series of going up north. So I knew the next one would be ox Star, the next one would be Venture, you know, and that would be like kind of something to So the album is named after beaches. Yeah, I keep going, Where should I go next? Likes to beach? Just keep going. You're here. You can't come to the county line. You can't shot in Miami from from there, right, I mean you have to cross Mexico or Texas or something. Ship we got. You gotta go to San Diego, not that way. If you want to stay in water, you gotta all the way to Panama Canal Fu. I'm in Panama, Panama's Fire. Make the whole movie. Yes, all right, we'll talk through lawyers, so uh quick, Thomas, let's go. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: All right now, this is our drinking game. M you seem as before. We're gonna give you two choices, this versus this, that or this. If you pick one of them, you don't have to drink. Nobody drinks. So if you decide to politically correct answer, you say both or neither of the two, then we drink.
Speaker 2: Okays, no comment. You know, if you have any stories about you, this is.
Speaker 1: Really about bringing up stories about the people places we're talking about, if you know them, if you don't know about the drinks.
Speaker 2: Ready, yeah, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Ready like this first one, Doctor Dre or Quincy Jones. It's whatever criteria to you. Whatever someone made better macaroni and cheese one day, that's.
Speaker 2: Why you like them more, Doctor Dre. Okay, that's I just never got to work with Quincy. And I've always adorned in a worship Quincy never got to work with them. Rest in peace to the icon of legend. That's right, you got And also this trajectory is a life that I would like to live. Is like just how that went down as an artist and the people that he got to touch and work with in the array of you RaSE to live that long and then its kids and then everything like wow, like that was That's what I mean. Who wouldn't want that kind of life? And so bless up, you know, taking Yeah, yeah, really both shout to d.
Speaker 8: Tupac or Hustle dang No, we just gotta take a shot stuck cheers mm hmm, Snoop dog or the game.
Speaker 2: Uh, we're gonna go Snoop Dogg because first of all, that is too tad to us all and one of the biggest inspirations you know period. We're gonna also take a shot too because don't kill me game. That's my dog too. But you know, Snoop is our that's our superhero, like that's the game a malleable lot. Yeah, yeah, We're we're gonna have to say it. Yeah yeah, So when you say Snoop too, right, he said, to we all agree with stiff, so we all take it up, said Stevie Wonder.
Speaker 3: Marvin Gayeh, Stevie Wonder, I say, Stevie frid you.
Speaker 1: See did you see what Stevie got on the stage and the front like that he could see, he would know.
Speaker 2: He addressed it like just right. I was tired of niggas bro like, stop with all that ship for all of y'all. Still you know.
Speaker 1: Shock came on the show and we was like, yo, do you think Stevie wonder? Because see and he said that Stevie Wonder. He said they lived in the same building at one time. God he can put us up. And he said that Stevie, he got elevated that the button was already pressed like Stevie used to go to his floor.
Speaker 2: And then he said, what's up big deson, like as he walked in.
Speaker 1: Now, it's not that far fresh, it's not that far first because they say people who who can't see.
Speaker 2: So like obviously you know, but who said it was a George cleaner, wasn't it? Said he crosses there was the street of the street. They seen him, of course there all on this show. Stenses are heightened. Yeah, it's a little busy street by yourself. You can hear that ship before he comes. He's seen the matrix. They like it's a highway. I was clinking that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And plus people don't stop see Stevie crossing you thinking what you're gonna do. That's a good point. Yeah, yeah he clear and ship. Yeah that's bless a good point. That's a great point.
Speaker 3: Street him bro that one twenty one Savage or Kodak Black.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's yeah, that's tough to both, okay, but but but uh yeah it's from he's from Florida, right, Yeah, man, he got man. He's a soulful Dudelige Mariah Mariah and I'll drink to that, m j or Prince And if you got any stories, please please. I wish I could say I've met one of them or either, but no, I never got to meet him. Uh but some of my biggest inspirations. And it's I don't know, because I feel like if I would have met Princey, I feel like he wouldn't liked me. He would he just yeah, he would have just did some sort of psychological thing to me, would have done anyway he would have liked to play because I would have been such a fan too, like or maybe I don't even know, Like I wouldn't know how to take it if I would have met him, and I know he would have just had fun with that, but maybe he would have really been you know, cool, because took you to take I don't know. And then Michael, you know what is Yeah, So I don't even know how I could even my brain could even function like Michael like that was like the fit of me. So I just say both because you know, Prince I got so much fluck for because really, man, you look at Prince how he did it and how he was playing everything and how he did it with his business acumen and was such a had a punk rock attitude from the jump and didn't take no ship and was very and another and Michael the same, you know, different juggernauts at that business. So you never had a character all in the ship production fashion performance. So it's tough, man. So you heard about day Beef. That's what I was gonna say. It's getting more epic as the time goes by. You hear the story. Yeah, will I am on there? Will I am Oh? Yeah, that was a great story.
Speaker 1: I am invites him to the show to his show, I believe a Black Eyed Peas show.
Speaker 2: And he tells him what is it.
Speaker 1: He tells Mike that Prince is going to be there, Well, Prince was on the show. The Prince is going to be there. It was Prince's show, and he was going to go okay, And he says, A mean he said that. He said that, Mike, Prince is such a meaning. Imagine about this. You know the fact that they didn't get along is so much It makes sense right, like because I mean, there would have been a lot of sensitivity, flash.
Speaker 2: Of the icons. Yeah, and and did you see the the World documentary? Michael was pressure there too. I'll play a solo. That's it. Guitar solo. Come on, Prince, everybody here, we got some hennessy, nah niggas. Let me let me tell me, let me ask you do you think this? This is my theory. I could be totally wrong.
Speaker 1: I have no inside information, but in my mind, Mike and Prince were both gangsters.
Speaker 2: Both yea yeah, like they didn't play bro like that level that bar is a gangst the level man like this some of them. I don't know if you think we ever have that again? No, No, I don't know. No, I don't think they were coming out at the same time.
Speaker 3: You know they were, Yes, yes, not that That not the way that was. That was a different time, a different era, different technology about it.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting right here and we'll just gonna say that ain't gonna never happen again. It's different. It's a different play, guys.
Speaker 1: Just crip sized, bro, it's different. Take a shot for my own stuff. Hold on the game, right, let's go.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Very close. Four four four that's the time. Okay, alright, fifty center eminem? What was the question again? Fifty every center? Eminem? Oh man, let's drink to both. Okay, I'm into that. That's that takes a soccle Okay, up chairs oh man, mm hmm okay, yeah, okay, you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. Who's with it? Okay? Well, chump Rock, Wow, chump Rock jumps upon the scene. If I were the green, that's a cast jam right man, that's I've got nothing love for you. But you look at censors right now. Yeah, you know he was cut. We got to walk. It is gonna go crazy with this type of ship.
Speaker 1: Yea, And people like yeah, but when we had DJ Quick up here and he was like, nah, man, he wasn't throwing up blood friendly ship and I was just like, oh he ship.
Speaker 2: Like DJ Quick didn't like that, Like, I mean, look he expected Mike. He was like, wow, some ship. But he was like man at that time, not cool he was, and you know he got the money to push the bun like damn.
Speaker 3: You heard the story where his voice that he would change it. I don't know if it's true. Yeah, that's what I heard about. He would talk normally. It was going on, Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 2: It was Mike. You called him, Hello, it's Michael him nigga going on. So it's not just money nigga heavy D I say heavy d Okay, Yeah, I like this one yay or for real? For well, I mean day that's tough too. I mean I know everybody's like, I feel like he's from their school too. Yeah, I mean like kind of guys. No, no, no, like now I'm drinking stuff. But I know everyone's phild has their opinion about you know, both artists and stuff. But all I know is like I was in high school and both of them were putting out stuff again, so it's like, man, these are like people we looked at like wrestlers. Like this is like to be in high school and all this music is coming out when like I was on the West Coast like trying to convince people like you know how Kanye is, it's gonna be sick, like he really wraps and produces, and you know when we when you can really look at the booklets and yeah he did this, and Bink did this and like just blaz and but he was also rapping and he was putting on mixtapes. And then Pharrell then he teams of Parrell. Then he remember when he shows up and Frell's trying to tell him like, you know, Forrell's the hottest dude too. Pharrell still sits there and like listens to him and even Frell knows that it was crazy and give him advice through the wire. Yeah yeah, but into the underground, Yeah did you know? I just just you know, remember all this stuff coming out at the same time. So it sounds like we're taking a shot. I think we take a shot, all right, cool, say, okay, that's the one Bruno Mars or the weekend Bruno Okay, and I'll drink to the I love it. I love it. Loyalty to my dogs, to my dogs, Yachti or Denzel Curry.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Shout out to both of them because they was both on my my freshman class and they're both doing well killing it. I saw Yachty open for Tyler with my son because my son was he's obsessed with Tyler's fourteen. So we got to see Yati. We got to see Paris Parish, Cali, Paris, and Yady killed it and he was fucking. I didn't realize Nigga got hit, and I was like, damn. It was like my first little Twitter beef, like years ago, Niggaven got rich. Now, No, yeah, that was funny. I've early on it was like when he was like coming out, you know, he had some views about Tupacer about hip hop, and I responded to something and I was like the first time I seen him, like, oh shit, she could get taken out of you know and callowing up and stuff, and then everybody goes on their way, you know. And I've seen her since then and he's super cool and we're good. But I got to see full circle him go from that, you know, when people were kind of I feel like people in my joint in my class where people were already trying to get them out early and kind of saying they wouldn't last and stuff, And now they've become you know, now my kids, don't you know?
Speaker 1: And by the way, that twenty sixteen cover, like it's like mainly all of y'all are still here. It aged very well, It aged very well. Like it's it's like I would say, ninety eight percent.
Speaker 3: Of might be one of the last ones that aged well, to be honest with, who might be one of the last one of the last age age as well?
Speaker 1: That's why I put that in an intro the twenty sixty Yeah, my twenty sixteen fresh Yeah, yeah, everybody on the twenty sixty cover all of this reunion show.
Speaker 2: Come on, we got to talk to Live nation, right well, we're talking about y'all. Open up. I knock them down, Okay, Schoolboy, cre Jay Rock, Wow, both my dogs. That's dirty so little. I ain't got man, I can't keep us fun. You got right there, okay, right, okay, Yeah, this is this is a little solid, a little bit. That's right.
Speaker 1: I gotta say. Is that the killer you're switching it up? You make a match, Okay, Okay, you're going crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm blazing. You gotta piece both sides.
Speaker 1: Right, and a little bit of Mexican too, because yeah, yeah, because of the the quila.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good one. You TV raps or rap city? Whoa I say rap city. That's why I grew up on I know you're in wraps. That's like to hit you doing stuff on the tu I got a piece so sick. It's always one hundred twenty five like some numbers. They gotta tripping, nothing sad. I get to look impression. You got to do a sessment of the city, the story about Yeah, the time, don't make it like that saying I have to say I rap city, big tigger and in the freestyles like that's what I remember, like everybody like do it coming and doing the freestyles with like two rags and like he did, Yeah, D bring up the same. It's a quick time because you do be rapping. But what do you like more? Rapping or singing? If you say both, we drinking. It just depends on how many women are present. And there's two here. I'm pretty sure you're gonna go with rapping here we're here. I'm like, come on.
Speaker 5: When I was like singing, there's another thing in here with this will happen? You have to married people, don't right that b to be versatile, yes, huh. And it just depends, man. I think like naturally, I always I want to rap. It's just like it's like talking. It's like you know the thing you know you just always rap like I love it. I fell in love with it from an early early age.
Speaker 1: Are you're good at it? It's not a lot of people who raps sing that's actually good at.
Speaker 2: I mean, he just did nineteen eighty seven rap right now. Second. It's how good he go He could go back coming from you. Yes, everything, Thank you solo, Thank you, man one entrepreneur, mann ri E Bro, thank you for showing us how to rap on Neptune's beats. Goddamn. Okay, be a connoisseur.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, but hold on, so we picked that right, you discovered suck all right, But this is this is a good one. And again you got it.
Speaker 2: Earth Winning Fire or the Osslie Brothers, Oh.
Speaker 6: Day.
Speaker 2: I'm most say Earth when a fire, you know, because they joined squeaky clean like Ronald Is probably can't perform some of them. Mark Kelly joints all the time. So you gotta think you got to know they just play all they said. Sometimes you know big makes a BIG's got a pivot here there. Yeah, yeah, you can still do it. Yeah, but earth from the fire squeak clean now, okay, but so it's a mood thing. But I'm gonna say it from the fire. Okay. So we took we picked from drinking, but we didn't get he's the only one that drinks what he says.
Speaker 1: We didn't get rapping, and we didn't answer rapping or singing, he said, depending on how many. Yeah, yeah, but period overall. Let's make sure that both both. Yeah, all right, I like that. All right, So were taking a shop for that?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh like this one, Richie Smokey Robinson, smoke Dog.
Speaker 2: You got records with Smokey rob Yeah, how does that happen? Bro? How the fuck do you get in contact with Smoky? Exactly? Do you get? You do text a fireplace? So that's got to be a fireplace, like I feel like him live in a fireplace. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. You got the forever backdrop. He's that guy. Yeah, so how do you get in contact? That was and we reached out. That was the Drake card was reached out. You know, I had all hands on deck. My manager Adrian Miller at the time, he was like, yeah, I had a song that we was working on. I was like, we should get smoky for this, and uh, Adrian and hit him up and he was there. He was like, man, my daughter loves you. I was like, okay, hell yeah, and he was like, let me hit a song. I'm getting there. I play on the song. It's like, just cut it off. You gotta make love to them with these words, baby, like I'm doing it right. And so it's like, just print me a CD CDR one instrumental one without the licks, and I'm gonna come back. I'm gonna fix it. And then he came back and he changed the words, but he kept the melody and we had like all this raunchy ship and he just up yeah and kept the same melody and then we cut it and that was gold record. Yeah, Jesus, is there any plans to try to work with Lina Richie. I would love to work with Lina Richie Lino, Let's do an album, let me let me produce. So I got a great team. Let's do it. I know you've got a huge budget. Let's do Mexico. As we talking about, the more we talk about it, like like listen, let's make it happen. Line fools with me. Yeah, I see Richie?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: Was that?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: What's that restaurant downstairs from the Soho House at the Soho House in Amoullable, the Shole House downtown.
Speaker 2: I'm not Sherry Roscos No, no, no, no, no no. What does that ship? I'm not? It wasn't.
Speaker 1: Uh. I forget people gonna fry me for this. But anyway, I seen Lionel Richie, and so I came there night before and the lady was like, Nori, I have two tables open right now. So I said, okay. She said one next to line of Richie and one where you sat last night. So which table do you want?
Speaker 2: Let me.
Speaker 1: And I walked in and I called my mom. It's how much it was. It was legendary for me to meet Richie. I called my mom and I was like, mom, are you a line of Richie?
Speaker 2: Fan?
Speaker 1: In my mother's voice, she was just like, oh baby. Once he said that, I said, I'm going to get a lot of picture.
Speaker 2: So I stood there. I had a big I had the big chain on, so I pulled the big chain out just I know, was like, yo, you know.
Speaker 1: That's Nori. So we said, Hi, I send him a bottle of wine. I never forget this. Rest in peace. Havain Hawa was with me. Send them a bottle of wine. He ordered the most expensive bottle on the menu, but I already had committed. I was like, I'm in, and he took like full SIPs of that ship and left it. And as he left, I went and got that wine. I wouldn't have got back my bottle. He didn't give a buck, but that was legendary for me. Me and motherfucker might know Richie Okay, okay, okay, you get this one.
Speaker 2: I'm not even open. Okay, canay Ico or Alicia Keys Shout out to both. Jane I've known for years. We said the same manager. Shout out to taz uh love Janey, love Alicia. I haven't worked really with Alicia, but I got to work with Jane a couple of times. We haven't put anything out, but we've worked. And you know, Jane, that's West Coast, you know, so I feel like you're certain, But it's tough because I could hear you and you know, real musician. Like again, I remember where I was when I first heard her too. You know, I think she kind of paved the way to I'm gonna say, Alicia, because shout out to the people that paved the way. Right, Okay, you don't got to a shot. But with you, I know, he's like, I'm gonna ask. I'm not gonna.
Speaker 1: That's my boy twist thing. All right, cool, I'm taking a shot, all right, al Green of Curtis Mayfield.
Speaker 2: Wow, y'all crazy man both So now we've got to we've yes, man, Yeah, I love this one. We gotta take there you go show, Chris Brown, I think this is a good danity. This is insufferable, but again like okay, this is what it is, like you gotta give it to us show, just because where it starts, you know, like again the blueprint. You know, you got to work with all the greats too, amazing songs and to be able to still be doing it be relevant now at his age, is still doing it at a high level, very high level. Both of them are doing the high levels. But I feel like, you know, ushers solidified. He's he's done so much stuff. Now he's you know, just continue to continue to keep his legend known and continue to making new stuff. And I feel like Chris is still we yet to be seen even what he's going to do in the future. So I just feel like, you know, props the both again. But yeah, ushers just like, yeah, I want to tell everybody was doing that sideways side away ship, sideways moonwalk joint, you know, yeah, take a shoe off, the niggas, you know, all that gliding and he's singing the niggas bitches right now feeding cherries. I don't even understand. It's a part of hard life. See that every time opening up, it's a it's a bit eating cherries. If you bring your girl there. Never were going to circus of leg We're gonna going on to anything. Just not doing show. I mean it looks a little crazy like some other ship. The girl in front of you going like that, what show you think? In no way? I love respect with gouble mus I looked. I was like, wait a minute, you're just going to let that and that's love. I'm not sure what that is. Didn't didn't he break up a whole like he just went on the work I don't know, it's really his fault. It's not his doults, it's not his fault. Yeah, the home girl. Everyone has a choice to make this girl, you know what his fall pig like, oh boy, we throw his whole relationship by the day, Like, man.
Speaker 1: You don't have the dog out, you know, and you've got roses and strawberry and stuff you like.
Speaker 2: And he's doing it smooth too, like he like like he's like taking a foul shot, like you know what I'm saying with the first coat on a three pointer. He coming in for the layoffs.
Speaker 1: He like this the layoff, Like, I mean, man ship, we ain't going on a yeah, anything with that, Okay, I respect that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: The source of double Legs. Oh, the source or Double Excel. Yeah that's tough, I say, the source. Yeah really five mics, Yeah, give me five micsn you never got five mics. I did. I don't know if they were doing it. I love love your passion. Yeah, we want to go back to it. I think she get an honorary go back and get you to retaant. Yeah yeah, no, that was it for the stores and like all those iconic covers mm hmm. Yeah, that that was just missed it. But I'm probably on a digital cover somewhere for sure. And that's dope too, man. But that's the coaching.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: So I grew up collecting and taking all those like putting them on my wall. Did you did you buy the fake jewelry from the back of the source? I didn't. I didn't the tail end of it, but I didn't. Unders But I didn't.
Speaker 1: Because they would do They would do wo tang pieces like you know, like you know, just you know, yeah, pieces like that.
Speaker 2: I bought my first turn tables on the back of the source. Was that the bootleg section.
Speaker 3: No, they had a DJ starter kit. Oh that's it was affordable. It was going to do the pop are Geminis in a scratch Master.
Speaker 2: You gotta do that right now. Very frugal with jewelry. I'm very cheap. A lot of my jewelry has been given to me. I just yeah, by majority for my birthday. You're going to see it. I'm gonna I appreciate it, I wear it.
Speaker 1: I think we should make no noise to that. Yeah, okay, this is the last one. We're gonna jump in back into day and.
Speaker 2: You got to take a shot for whatever you say.
Speaker 1: Jesus even persuaded the witness you say, you don't leaves doing this whole.
Speaker 2: He likes that you drink every shot. He likes that. Uh loyalty or respect? Whoa yo? Both for sure? Yes h h salute no one. No motherfucking grammys yo. Right? What the fuck does that shift? Does they get old? Like when you have one and you have two and you have three? Yeah? Four? No, it doesn't. Blessings with me is I've gotten to do it with all kinds of different acts, you know, across three different acts, from Anderson Pact myself to then doing it with uh Silk Sonic and then most recently with No Worries. So uh, it's a different journey every time. So it's a different experience, different experience, and to be, you know, for these albums to be to receive Grammys from you know, the peers and the voters and all that stuff. It's it's amazing, but yeah, can it get could you know? That could easily turn into oh this is why I do it now, you know, and then the music you know, it could also make you real lazy, you know really yeah, in the sense, uh, you know, if you think that if you start to think that that's why you have to do it while you have to make the music in order to reach these deadlines or to do something right right, Yeah, that could drain on your creativity and uh, your natural trajection as where you might could go if you weren't thinking about that. And that's what I want to get to as an artist is where I'm not thinking about none of that. I'm just creating and I'm able to, uh, you know, put it in the best posture it needs to be, to bring it out to the people because I've well thought about it and everything, and and I'm able to tour it and do so much stuff with it. And if it gets acknowledged by anything from the Grammys anybody, it's great, you know, but it's uh, it's not like, Okay, now we have to do it for this reason only, and if we don't get one, it means that it's a failure. It's like, it's not it's not that. But to be able to have those, it's like, yes, fucking huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not even you have one or too. It's like the amount is crazy, you know what I'm saying. People don't need to get one, right, yeah. Yeah, now another unicorn. You got to work with Andre three thousand. Yeah, first off, I'm knowing Andre D thousands for twenty seven years. I'm no outcast big boy for twenty seven years. Andre D thousand is the most mysterious man on earth, That's right. How did you get him?
Speaker 1: Because he doesn't even he doesn't even lay a verse for outcasts at this point, like, how.
Speaker 2: Do you get him? Andre? Hundreds of thousands because that's what you have to pay to get that verse cleared? Okay, wow? And then he gets inspired, miraculously, miraculously finds the spiray you have to pay for that bird, bro, I ain't. I ain't think he charged he did? You get to hang out with you? It's a fluega, nigga. How many verses this nigga calculated? That don't even got to come out? Only a couple of niggas walk around with the flute. Niggas is rich. You gotta be insane or rich three features and paid for the flu life. You're paying for the lore nigga. If I put it out, if I might want to just not put it out. Still, that check got a clear bro, right, So you know he's just he moved with the wind. Yes, circle, you know I love that. It's a flute mystique. It's a mystique money well spent. Yes, most rappers low state mystique because of Instagram. That's it. He didn't play himself out, same overalls, same little Jordan threes and he just out here beard him in Japan, right, same flue, same Jordan's, same overalls. Thatagine how Hi the barbera in years right, he's just in there, no tape matchingouts, money he's saving, no taper, none of that. I'm free, now get off me freedom. He shout out to our barbers with you know, yeah, well no one hundred fifty three hundred for it to the fifteen hundred he does not.
Speaker 1: We wantredfty thousands just in case we want Tom and we.
Speaker 2: Got yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah, And I got him. Yeah. So I was like, yo, hundred, I got of records and he came through and he was like, all right, I want to hear the beat. And I played him like a bunch of records and he's like, I like this one like that. He can't get what a composition, but but yeah it's real, like we did all that and this is when I was working with Dre and this is now working on Venture album, and I was working on both of them at the same time. When I did Ox started Venture, I did them all at DRE studio at Record one one Yeah okay, and so this is where they did all these iconic records, you know, not the Aftermath records, and I think Michael Day records there too, So I was like having a field day there, first time I ever really had a budget to do an album, so top of the line studio working and have both rooms going.
Speaker 8: And then.
Speaker 2: I started seeing that it was I had a different kind of music. One was a little harder edge, one was more arm beat. So I started separating. I was like, oh, I got another beach. I could do Venture after this, you know, double back. And so I had this joint that I wanted to open up the album with, which was come Home. And I played it for him and he loved it, and then he was he was like cool, let me write to it. So that he was like, let me write to and yeah Andre. So I was like that, We're going to get out the room, you know, uh Andre, everybody was there. So we got out the room and he would be in there for hours and is this sage burning? No sage this him in his book. Okay, okay, no sage. He wanted to be saved. But okay, there was sage burning for Leake. Let's take up the story. Sage a little maybe outfit. I'm talking chickens the ship and he gets to write and some ship. I said, God damn. Andre. He said I'll be back. I said, huh, I'll be back tomorrow. I think I'll be ready. I said, okay, show you're right, thank you very much, thank you, thank you. Next day we come in. He's right on time. Three p m. Same beat, Andre, load up the beat, snee. A little privacy goes in there. You know, sage is burning. I'll say, the shaman's still there. The shaman's there before me. It's a little funky, but I'm rocking with him. I walk out. No, six hours later, you ready to do this. I'm gonna come back tomorrow. Oh, I say, God damn. That's how DMX just do people bad, all right? Third day, come back trump. Third days is what they usually in the business. We say third days the charm and you can go, I'm gonna come back, I say, God damn. All right. So I'm I'm fatigued. Now I'm thinking about how much is the cost? Yeah, that's a lot. You start to think about Bill. I gotta go, So I got to hit the road. So I go on tour, double back, go back on tour, do a few gays, get on my feet. I hit Italy, were about to play Italy. I get it. Look at my email, Andre three thousand verse, boom, he send it. I send the email. I could see the little audio. I'm like, and it's an empty three or it's away. Okay, I'm afraid because that would be I'd be like, damn, what I's gotta be good?
Speaker 3: If not.
Speaker 2: Like, what if you don't like? Yeah? What if you don't like?
Speaker 3: And what do you like? The first?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just taking right, I'm taking it. I'm like, I'll take Osca. It's great. It's amazing.
Speaker 9: What he really would have been like the Scooby Do Boo Bries school coming three ready to blow, showing that one to kill.
Speaker 2: I would have been got crazy. Yeah, but he didn't do that. He destroyed it. Yeah, he did a crazy verse. And I listened to revery from my show, and we we were the honest to God, I never told me about this, but honestly, guy, we did. We were like, first listen, like, all right, we're not back, like because it was so intricing. It was crazy. If you listen to his very spitting, it's like a love song. Then he comes in, you know, and it was just like when we first heard it, it blew our minds. That was like, all right, one more time, like and it took a while to like even just process it, and but I had had the verse. I was like, wow, we got the joint and I started, you know, yeah, I started producing it took it's at the verse, and we you know, we worked the production around it a little more slightly, and then uh, it was time to go. And then we loved it. Everybody loved it. And then like right before it was about to drop, he was like, I don't want to drop Andre hit me three K and he was like, I don't want to drop it. I was like, He's like, I think I'm not adding to it. I'm not adding to the song. It doesn't need me. I'm like, it's about to drop. Holy Ship, it's too late. Yeah, sorry, can't help you, Mike. Yeah, no, no, what he said he said added him to the song. You know, he said he's not adding to it, like he's not making it better. It was like, take me off. I want to be off of it. Whow said yeah yeah. So I was like, fuck, so I did the one thing I get. I hate I hate the other Dre doctor Dre. I was like, Dre, we we're gonna do this. Sounds like it's something you need to bring up the two dres dalk you man, you guys got something. You guys have something in common. You guys need to mention it after so they yeah, see Andrea and came in here and how it went down, Little Nick, we we stick on my name and then it came out. It talked, they talked it over. You got a call and the next thing that was out and in this history, it's like we got then to take it all to the next level. We get a Grammy for that song specifically, and that's the Grammy I keep in my mom's house. I love you Mom. Damn, are y'all getting robbed? Like the do you guys share the location? They just they just move in, All right, don't get me involved in none of this ship. We haven't efficient Molly, where's my other white girls. Yeah we're good, right, you see a few white people here. Still we good get some coffee out. Oh man, it's a good thing that dread the line. Yes, yeah, that's amazing man. Yeah I got the Grammy. God blessed everyone involved, and that was such a great thing to be able to not only have the verse with the Grammy real song. Did you speak to Yeah yeah afterwards? Yeah, man, just so humble, just like he just was just like wow, you know, we both for like a whole you know, y'all never like went back on the story. Remember how this wind? Then, No, he's gonna hit you if you're talking texting me now after he watches this little nigga, I hang, Howard Wind, I don't even know you talk like that. You're gonna get voicemen of just flups. It's gonna be a little eary.
Speaker 3: We we we.
Speaker 10: How much of Andre Fan we're gonna be at nobu. The flu album is hard to me, I mean ibout hard to it Like that to me is what's doing Like he's like, give everybody a chance.
Speaker 1: I gotta give everybody a chance when somebody's trying to break them all right, I can't sit back and be like, I'm judged them.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it's all right, you can't judge it, and especially that kind of stuff where you could be obviously doing one thing you completely just be like, nah, we're gonna take it here. That's the most pump.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he also rock and roll ship you could do, you know, and be playing and like in the middle, like you could catch him anywhere, like that's crazy.
Speaker 1: So he'd be at a gas station playing or whatever. The only thing I'm concerned with right now. You got a hit record. Cool smoking out the window and you did smoke no endo?
Speaker 2: Okay, can I get you out? Tell him out? Can I get a crush? Can I get the tobacco I asked for you? Like, what are we talking about? You smoked European? You're a rockstar business I still waiting on the credit joints.
Speaker 1: Rockstar that remember, somebody rolled tobacco him. He got the worst tobacco ever him and jajahel the best sunny d B T.
Speaker 2: You don't. But he got a cigarette American spirit. Him and Da got a newport in this month. You want his tobacco that's American? Yes, thank you? Don't give them no more money? Though, come on, let's edit this out.
Speaker 1: Let's let's talk about smoking out the window, because there's a part where you say about to show you okay, all right, cool, this is that European Let's let's show him.
Speaker 2: This is how they cut off the cruise.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that cruise shiprul ship split. Well, who said it? That's right? Huh yeah, huh spliff, okay, stuffing slid. Yeah, we all know. Give it up for that. I want I want to are you smoking that my love the name.
Speaker 1: Smoking blood Yeah yeahs oldchoo California ship to smoking a Philly Philly Blood California.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah you can't.
Speaker 7: I am not elevating my some some might up side. I mean, hindu, I was thinking about, Yeah, you got signed on them. What we need definitely don't need the press. Niggas listen killing yes, especially on the drums or you.
Speaker 2: None of them niggas is playing doing that kind of ship. You ain't rolling a long time, nobody. I gotta tell let me roll. Bro. You know you're talking about your nineties niggas. Bro, Bro, you ain't been the PJ is in saying all right, you're good. I'm getting used to the captain. Pressure, gotta make crach.
Speaker 1: But you've been rolling for two hours. So me and E f N is from the beginning the way I'll tell you this.
Speaker 2: Did I tell you? Did I tell you? I did?
Speaker 1: I bet against him? But you know we haven't got it really bet we didn't really better? No, no, no, we have two things right, right? We always from who? From from what you dream?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: We always judge the artist and was like, yo, what you didn't really drink it? And if they're gonna really drink it, that's one because they order it and they don't doak ship.
Speaker 2: But got a son, I said. I said, he's coming late, and what I do? You can't early fifteen minutes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's make some And I got your phone number. Me and you're okay, we speak to each other.
Speaker 2: And I bet against you, bro, that's one of my phone numbers. Okay, shut me down. Ain't about get there now. He's cool with the road when you get there now that Bruce Lee wiship. I'm taking a shot for that man, see me. I like to be fashionally late. Yeah, nah, especially early. Yo. I was very impressed. Yes, I was very impressed. All right, Okay, we're taking a shot to look. Oh, yes, you don't know, I mean yeah, yeah, I like, come on, that's the second drink you took my sockey. Come on, all right, let's go. Let's do you ever want to write my mahuana? Please? Please? It is rum based. I'll right give him a shot here, put it in one of these. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: Down.
Speaker 2: I know he's gonna start turning off.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna be putting other ship in my only sockey cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, only socking goes, my sockey comes. Okay, what torch? So give him a shutout? Just some smore about WinCE I spoke about, yes, yes, absolutely, come on, yeah yeah your little nap, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We spoke about it. Yeah, okay, okay, let's talk about leave the door open now, okay, here you go ahead. I got a whole roller, so let's talk about that.
Speaker 2: How did him but we got there? There there? Come on, appreciate you too, they come, he got you. You need another one man, right, hippie mood hippy look at yeah, hell yeah you're hippy. That's right. So one of us. They're not like us. So leave the door open. How did that get get created? So the door Opened was during COVID and yeah, can you hear me my number one world hit song lead to draw Open. We make some noise that mom, Bro, that's the first. That's my first number one hit. And I went number one twice and that's it. I mean like I got one and I'm telling you you know it's I've been done records underground, you know, semi records. It's that way if you ever had a hit record. Man, everybody knows the ain't no feeling like having a current hit record. When that ship is playing and it says it all the time, he says it all the time, Oh please, please please, Yes, it is the greatest feeling. And then when you did it with no comfort, like it's real like instrument. No, you didn't have to you know, it ain't something I gotta be like he was enforcing, like I can't keep this up or something, you know, and and it looked good and you got to do it, and everywhere you go like you know, all I'm talking old, ask motherfuckers it's to young, like you know, it's like one of those records. It's like, yeah, like that's what it is about. And that's how you know. Bruno was like, this is the songs. These are this type of music that's superstar sing That's what that's That's how he went into we went into making and like when he said we're gonna make album because that this leaders draw up and came later. But he was like, it's music that superstar saying We're gonna go in here and make some ship. Nobody's doing this sh it. No more like us like that can do it, you know, and pull it off like that. And I was like, let's go, bro. He was. I was like, you like big rock star ship, yeah, you know, and he was like, I don't know how to do it one way. It was like and remind me of like at the same time I was I was watching like, uh, Last Dance, you know, the Michael Jordan ship, and I was like, oh yeah, he's like Michael and I was like, I ain't gonna be pipping now. This is the Netflix ship. Yeah in COVID. Yeah that'ship covid. But I'm robbin. You're gonna have to wake me up and be hungover some days. I'm in Miami now yeah yeah yeah, but you still you know, you know, you needed that are making came and did it kind of got you know, it was still I don't know what worked and so and he had, you know, same Bruno same. We had an incredible team for these records that we put together. Shout out to Chucky, his engineer, who was getting all the real seventy sounds, all the mics, all the real drum heads, all the shit. Like it's from the rude to the tutor, Like these records were built from real musicians that love the art. That like, we're getting every detail so that we could make something current that had you know, that had to feel, but we could take it somewhere too. But how did they do it? What was they really doing these things on?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: That was the part that went into it, and the troubleshooting that went into it, and that was the beauty. Like how many different versions we did of the bridge and trying to get their drum sound and the mix We did so many fucking mixes where one day we just boycotted against Bruno, like we don't have to do this, said he was like, but even more like dude, one song, bro, even dre will bounce around when he might bust the bust the rhyme is gonna at least come in and they're gonna do four or five tracks. You know, the game might show up, they're gonna do ship like you know, he's gonna do what you saying. One one is because month for months, that was crazy months. And then we go maybe we go to chap into something else, and then you can't sleep when we're still working on and then leave the door trying to get one part of it, like the bridge or maybe we think we have it, but then like we mix it and it's like, why does it sound like that? And it's like, okay, we need to replay the drum again. Like now every when we mix it. We didn't have nothing to hide behind it. It's not like a bunch of processing or anything on the album. It's just we're just playing on it. Were playing the drum. Yeah, So when we mix it, we got to mix it loud, so all the we got to make sure it's loud. Now you can hear everything. So now it's like it hurts, you know, And why does it hurt? Because you guys need to remc replay, don't play so loud, maybe do something different, you know. And so we played with that so many times and then sometimes we would start playing with that when we remake the Whole Bridge again and all this stuff, and then it's just like, oh my god, everyone's about to lose their mind.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Niggas is dropping every week, like hey, something just drop going by, you know, like damn, what should be out right now, you know, like hold on, just trying to get this breege right. Yeah, so I was like ship and then when it was right boom, it was on Gucci suits, Grammys, everything red carpet. You show up with Bruno is red and all says. At that point, yeah, he was like, I'm gonna sure, I'm gonna show you how to do this shit like this all. You know, he got joy out of like having someone that he could do it with, a partner that was he respected just as much, and that they was making new music with, and that we could have fun. If you see all the stuff that we did, we're having the time interview, I started wearing a wig, bob wig. I should have brought them motherfucker to night, but the humidity they would have sucked up the wig too. But it was the time of our lives and we were just having fun. Drinking rum was drinking that rum too? Is this it's made a clean See, I can see that's money. Let's go trip the still. You can make it. Do a spell with this ship. Mm hmm. I mean you got something in comment. I want gay between and a halfs.
Speaker 1: The mean you got something else in common. I heard you don't fuck with edibles. I took some before I did this, for better worse.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: Really, I took one and I was like, it's not really working. Let me take three more. Oh, because I heard the story.
Speaker 1: Of you on the on the first class airplane while I thought I was gonna die, and you did it again today.
Speaker 2: Let's smoke some more. No wonder it took you so long to get that ship. You need a little taste of that. So I thought you sworn off edibles. I did, but I was like, you know what, let me just go here, and this seems like a great format to do it. Edible, take care of me.
Speaker 6: Trus trust yes, trust yes. We all like having grammys, right, yes you can have. If this interview is looking good, He's.
Speaker 1: Like he's going to send you one a right, you gotta asking me and all the question you have the hottest chicken in the game, wearing.
Speaker 2: Your chill swear you shade real stop.
Speaker 1: No, I mean you know what I'm saying, Like, that's that's that's the thing, Like you know what I mean, you know, you know, you.
Speaker 2: Know just how married like a motherfucker. I just don't have to get that wide.
Speaker 1: No, I understanding that that's what you like. I'm gonna lie because everybody was like, whoa.
Speaker 2: Lime is now up greted, Like I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Say it like that, but I want to saying that you know you like you look like you wan a different you, like you joined Illuminati.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm sorry. I had a vision of love. You had a vision it was more yes. And my vision was to work with the greatest and I got to work with ran Carry and I never was like it just keeps getting better and better. I have to admit it's getting better. That's say you work with great people, take it serious, and then you're getting inspired by and the new album is amazing and working. You know. It's We're so happy for you, thank you man. We are happy for you. Man. I'm happy for you guys. I can't wait for you all to hear this. You can't flip it on us. Right now, just like this is this is your moment. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: With second hand feelings. What's that like second hand smoke? Like yeah, but get you like, that's that's real. Ship man like sometimes you got to go up to go up, you go off to go off.
Speaker 2: Man, Hey man, you went up. As artists, we got a special type of that's right, you went out.
Speaker 1: You went to the opposite gab of go congratulations, enjoy the moment.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful things. I like that stuff which you drink. Our company is called Wana King. Yeah. I forgot the uh obviously want the company. Yeah, and the dreaming we'll be in uh, we're hitting the market soon. So we're bouncing around right now. We're bouncing around. Let's describe it right now. It's so random. I got shout out to Japan. They got the most random hip hop stores, super bout Legs, super boot leg. Yeah, it's the most obscure like like collection of records. But it looks like it's like Japanese import records. I love it. I was like, this is right for this perfect framed up right. It's great for the show. The monitors. Yeah, but I can tell like a lot.
Speaker 1: Of these artists are going to hit me and be like I didn't get paid, but none of that, And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I like to keep a little collateral. So you're really gonna put this out. I got them written, so let's make sure the edit is good. We can actually have a good time. Nice. We're gonna is so much you think you would somewhere. I want this to come out. It's coming out coming out.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 4: You know we're dropping it tomorrow, right, We'll see what you find says about that.
Speaker 2: Gonna be negotiate with. She's gonna get to ring it off. By the way, I don't know who got my light. That's me. Oh my god, let's talk about animals. Wanna comp down album mm DJ premiere and doctor Drew else could do it to you?
Speaker 1: How do you get to work with dut God? This is told awesome, Lena, be quiet, it's all charmed life, Like I don't know, God is so good man.
Speaker 2: Like I'm just in there maneuvering and just like these things happen, bro, like I trip out on myself, like and that was happening again early on when I was just going in there fucking with Dre, just being there every night. I wasn't worried about if I got on the mic, if I didn't get on the mic. I was just in the studio. I didn't care, like I was a studio rat. And then whenever I could, what's up. We're working on this so and so I was gonna sing it. Okay, we're writing like everyone's writing like it's crazy, like crazy because new artists are coming up. It's a great energy in there and it's all Dre. Everyone's like, you know Dre. You want to give the best performance, the best everything. So I was already working with I got a thing where I worked with Premiere in Europe again through knowledge where far as a compident, yes, really we got to think in Germany with boiler Room, where we did this thing and I'm starting not Germany, Russia. We went to Russia with boiler Room. And one of the things is that I worked with Premiere like it was a part of the thing because Premiere was on the gig, and that we did our first song there with this other kid from Russia. And that's where we our relationship started and we started building. And then when I started working Dre, it was like you're working with Dre Bremia, so I hit him up and he came through. They go way back. They started geeking out. I'm hearing about you know, they talking about records and like all this stuff. Yeah, I want to understand what you're trying to say.
Speaker 6: Just now.
Speaker 1: You just said that obviously Dre and Premier knew each other quiet, but you were the initial reconnection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I had did two records with Premiere in Russia, and one of them I didn't use for the things, so that was that was ended up being animals and I had that record and it was these old sneakers. It was like all the whole ship and uh, I was playing records for Dre and he was like this is crazy. I was like, it's Premiere. Like he's like yeah, having yes, yes, that's another one dude. People give it up to like shout out to Premiere like he's the one, another one universal that they all give it up from Alchemist everybody, that's the god.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So uh it's great, you know, and there's only your yeah shot stick a shot. And I've been around to see people like thank god, I've been around to see this happen where people like Premiere and drag in the studio and they are both geeking out and you see that these are just dude, two dudes that are like Vinyl heads sample Craig Diggers, camaraderie between them, that's what they are, you know, kids that like You see that and it's like whoa, and it's like that all comes back. And then I've seen it happen when I saw Q Tip and Dre and it's like same thing. Man, very few people where I could see university. Everyone has that mutual respect for.
Speaker 3: In that era, you know.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, I had the record, brought it to Dre and and uh, Drey started working with it, and then he brought Premiere in to scratch and to start building the beat, and then they started clapping on the beat, and uh that was that. I think it ended up just being me on the record, right, because they tried some features on there too, but I think it's just me. But yeah, it was and it was like, you know, Similio good. It was like a social commentary of what was going on at the time. And I like those records too. You know, we're due for a record like that. You do a record. I'm working Premiere to do a record together. Yeah, I want to get another one like no album a project. Yeah, that would be crazy. Wait in line, I don't know, we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about Premier. Answered, that makes annoy and you great?
Speaker 2: Now Premiere be first up? What about Alchemists or supposed to have Alchemists? And you said you're already but the whole whole album?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Who you want Premiere? I just I mean, that's what I'm thinking in this moment. But yeah, Mad Live is amazing. Are you saying who's our choice? Who is all choice?
Speaker 6: Be?
Speaker 2: For me to do a whole album? Me right now?
Speaker 1: Wise, Premiere, Premiere, I would say Premiere. I would say just as my second choice. Alchemist. I just love that, Venice Beach.
Speaker 2: I can see the Alchemist centers. You guess, yes, you're an Alchemist live album. So no one's making money taking What do you want to split that between? How many? What do you want to hear? What are you doing album? I like the Flu album. I'm doing something. I gotta do something. Let's do the shot for that. I want you to do just a production album. I gotta do something just instrumental drums, beat breaks. Yeah, I was just something. I was just swigging no shots, you know, like you hear ship clinking in the back cheers. So I just want to point out those rings. This is crazy. I walk a lot of jewels and rings. See the fun going on twenty five right here? Easy for is that dollars? That's like a fuck you to the heaters. Take a dive, O. You see what's going on? They watch wings just one hundred buck fifty one hundred, one hundred. It's all porcelain, but from wrong fire. Stupid important dollars. Right, you do the math. I'm not another guy. I'm just I'm just pointing out this. Yeah, at that point, so let's let's talk about coming down? Yeah? Are we talking about off the high? Off the high? What are we were coming down? I don't ever want to come down off the charum life, you know, off the blessings and this good time. You know, it's like, you know, you don't want the party to stop. And I'm having a great time and I still am. Even when I wrote that record, it was like the epitome of what I was going through, and I was doing all this stuff with all these people. I was like, that was that was the last song I did for the record. So I was having a great time, and I didn't want I didn't want the party to stop. You know, you work so hard to get to this level, but bliss, you know absolutely to work on stop. You know, speaking about party, you're the party. Oh I believe Nellie's birthday? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 2: Was it Nellie's birthday?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And Vegas Shanty surprised him, hit at all his closest friends and put together a really nice event for him in Vegas. I didn't know they was filming a reality show. But I got some time in the reality show too, So I want my check. Let me get the lighter, Okay, I want a reoccurring role now. Yeah, but that was an honor to be called, huge honor to be in that that lineup. I mean, she had everybody pulled up and it's great, man Like Jermaine Brie was like hosting. It had everybody there, man, Lloyd, it was. It was beautiful. It's beautiful. Anybody ever throw a birthday party for.
Speaker 6: You like that?
Speaker 2: For you that you did for I thought my own birthday party right, been that nigga for some minutes. Ship It's like party now.
Speaker 1: But bro, man, I'm gonna be honest. I'm proud of I'm proud of your story. Like you know, you know when you hear your story or you like could google your story. Right, it starts out with you know, turmoil. You know you have two parents, us in jail. So one would think, damn, man, this guy is supposed to be he can't be a winner like right, And the fact is you you flip the rocks, so you flip the everything.
Speaker 2: And the fact that I love like not only me, like everyone. We love your smile.
Speaker 1: You smile, bro, And like I said, I'm not fool about a smile because I smile a lot. And the reason why I smile a lot because I know what I've been through. I'm so happy to be where I'm at right and without you telling me that, I could tell that that that that you that same person like we we that people that we probably wasn't meant to be here, but we're here and we beat the odds so much that that smile is like, of course, so I relate to you.
Speaker 2: They just know, just even know, man, I related to that people because I related related to be in the odds. But now let me ask you.
Speaker 1: You know, we got exhibit from over here, we got you know, game from over here. Everybody's from California, ox nod Is is a town that people didn't really know.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Is there ever a time where you doubted yourself and was like, man, no one is gonna understand you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like has there ever been to you the time it wasn't making sense money wise, monetary wise, you know, and I had kid, Yeah, and that was the big battle. It's like that's the artist's battle. That's that's every artist's battle. And it's like, you know, what do you do at that point where some artists know how to switch it over and become an entrepreneur at that point? And see, okay, this is about if I want to do this for a living, it's going to be a certain amount of business acumen. I need to go into this with branding and I'm going to really especially a family, YEP. I need to at least organize how this is coming through funneling and all this stuff. Right, How young is it that you have your family? Man? Like, how I sound like twenty four that you had your first kid? Yeh, twenty four? And were you know at the gates you know? And my wife was straight from Korea and didn't have any family out here. My family was her family. We just all bandoned together and just made it happen, you know, and supported you all supported, watched the kid full time. I was out there hustling, you know, I would do show. I started the band that I play with now, the Free National shout outs to the Free National shout out. Yeah, take a shot for Free Nationally. Let's do it. Let's do it right. Yes, yeah, banded with my brothers, started a band and was like, Okay, we're gonna take the ship serious. We're gonna start getting our show together. And we became we got a bad ass show. And then that's when things started happening. But yeah, that was it was pivotal with the kids and uh, growing up critical, Yeah, it's critical. What was your question again? He was just saying that I had to hustle from the ground up. I mean yeah, that was kind of looking for we was on week I was on the government assistant.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was like the milk, you get the groceries, you know you can you can get a little check. Now you're just saying, did you doubt yourself being Oh I doubt it? Yes, I did. Taking the bus yeah, not really, you know, kind of like where you know from, you know what, but coming from oxthow I had the battery went back because when I was coming up, I was like, you know what, I grew up that knowing that Mallet was from Oxnard. I know that we had a big impact. Yes, yes, Matt is from Oxnard and one of our biggest heroes, and that is an incredible producer. Absolutely, he's an MC two. Absolutely lupak oh No, like the whole.
Speaker 4: There's a whole what's this alter egos?
Speaker 2: So I was like, Oxnard got it, so I'm going to be you know. I was like, I want to be next coming out, you know, and to show that we got you. You know, it was already on the map as far as I was concerned through that, and so I was just trying to, you know, continue to raise the bar with it. But I wanted to go to l A. I was determined. I was like, I want to get out of Oxnard. When I was coming up in high school, I see I was born in Saint John's UH Hospital in Auxnard in eighty six and I stayed there till about seven years old. Then I moved a venture and that's where I did like middle school, high school, everything, and that's just the suburb over Then I started playing drums in church and Auxnard and this is all the same, you know to me, but it's very different too, Auxnord Venture. But I always wanted to be like, I'm from Oxnard, you know, because it's like that's where the souls are, you know. But I got love for the whole county. But yeah, I was like, I want to go to la though, because there is not enough out here, you know. I was playing the shows in Oxnard Venture and it being nobody there, yeah, you had to go in. And so I was like, is this really for me? You know, like it's not. I can't pay I can't support my family with this. Maybe I should try to at this point switch over at it's now or never. I do something different right now, I'll be good by the time I'm thirty something, you know. But I was like, I'm just gonna do it. I couldn't not do it, you know, Like I said, it's like breathing. You are always going to want to do something musically creative, do doing something in that. And when I came to l A, I found out like how good I was at drums at being a live musician and how much I had to learn about and I had so much to know about, and it was like a field day because I was going to this music college and everything. My mind was being blown. So I was like, okay, it gave me the battery, like I'm gonna do it. And I met Jose My, my guitar player, and he was like from San Diego. He was going through the same thing, and we were just banding together and we're like playing these shitty ass gigs man getting fucked over, you know, getting not paying nothing, and but we loved it. We loved waking up smoking weed just as good as this. You know, our weed was a little better.
Speaker 1: But this shot for coming up days. Come on, take a shot for your coming up days. That's some of it was sudden to be look, look big. You wanted to sitting around Now, this is the good Mama wuana. That's the one that's made in.
Speaker 2: The shower, not to tell it's the moonshine. I like it continue I was coming up, but it was great, So I did think about stopping though, But I have some good friends that helped me out there, like keep going, bro do it for us at least we love. We had doubts, Yeah, the way I stopped stop a full on quick a couple of times where I was trying to work the jobs. Yeah, you can't. If you can't provide for your family, you're going to be doubt yourself. Yeah, but then you had to know that to be real myself. I was like, this is what I was born to do. I want to do this. I'm going to make it work. I'm figure this out. Can't be that hard, you know, and I'm glad I did. And it was really like the people I had it was really supportive, you know that were like you, like, we love your smile. Would keep doing it even if you got to stay in our spot, use our studio, shut out to dumbfound it Johnny Park, you know, like people that were Shafi Kusin saw raw Omas like that. People were very supportive of helping me grow and taking me.
Speaker 3: Over throwdot because I know that they didn't it come to I had.
Speaker 2: That song Swayed before I got the stone Throw, and we were dipping around on SoundCloud because there are dope labels from people that don't know. Yeah, so that was what mad Li was on so Knowledge was already signed to stone Throw. So I was like I met Knowledge and we did Swede and I was like, yo, Knowledge, play this for them, like let's get a deal. He was like, let's start a group. We started the same thing like Albruno did. Let's start a group, same thing. We started a group called No Worries and we had that song, but it wasn't officially out. Was just bouncing around SoundCloud and band camp and stuff, and they obviously saw the talent, they saw us perform it, and then they were like cool, swoop it up. They signed that group. They were the one to put it out on Wax and got it going stuth By Southwest. We started pushing it. So labels like that, yes, brow Yeah, I'm telling you, bro, because that's what it is. Because a lot of art to get into labels now they don't know it's a partnership, like they got to be bringing something disable too. If you're a artist that haves no like no way to it doesn't translate where you're doing this to translate to tours or two units sold or anything like that or getting you in these places, then uh, I don't know. I don't know what you're doing it. Maybe you're just doing it for yourself, you know, but if you partner with people, then these are people that usually can help you get to that and you're aligned. You guys got to understanding like minded and they're doing it. They're curating vinyl. They put my ship on vinyl. They got it and they got me. That ship bubbled into enough where it got to those writers that got me into dre and it was like because they have some always equity because of what they've been doing. Yeah, yeah, that's it. So yeah, got blessed ones throw and we did that and uh, we just we went we went for it. So let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: This probably should have been in me in Quick Time or slim, but I'll ask you now, independent or major.
Speaker 2: This depends on what you want to do, what you negotiate, if you need a major to do what you need to do, if you see that working and what you're doing. As an artist, the artist has to really know what the whole ins and outs, what they want, what they want. Okay, there's no more, there's no more of this, Like you know, I was a child. I mean some of them. Yeah, like you just did it or maybe you know some of those that needed that little oomph and then they got them to the thing and then it may happen. So everybody I've ever been involved with, I have, I got paperwork with them even as I go, and that I have had to pay off, you know, slowly, and now to become like free, you know eventually, you know, now the pros from people that maybe were managed labels paying off that, you know. But to be blessed to have the masters of my first two albums already, you know what I'm saying, and see that and then get a deal where I worked out with Dre where I can eventually get my masters for all ship. It's like, you know, all that shit is cool. And then sometimes Dre he'll be like, you can own the master on that on a single and then that joint gets picked up for speak the songs bubble about the other day about the the licensing a couple of joints I own outright singles that I get things were crazy that goes straight you know, straight from my kid. Uh No, but that I was signed to Dre for that he said, you can keep that one whatever, keep the mask on that he produced, not produced, no, no, but yeah, but but that you know, I.
Speaker 4: Was while I was signing oversea.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I mean he could easily. I have to clear everything through Drake, you know, and I have everything is still very much like a label. So it's like he keeps the quality control of his artists, you know. So, uh, you still have to clear stuff. And now it's like, you know, he's been like, hey, this one, I like, this one is for you, blah blah blah. And so it's like to have some of those and to have the first two, it's like it's it's really dope man. And and uh uh, I think that you I've been blessed to be able to have the versatility to work with both. I've done major, I've done the indie. I've gotten the dude go back and go back to do indy with my band the Free Nationals. Let their album come out with an indie Empire. I've been working with Empire for years. Shout out to Gazi and Animo. Yeah, got gold platinum records with them on the indie tip and with my with my record label, ape Ship, and I just uh yeah, I got my own record label, ape Ship A ship Yeah, Anderson past Empire Ship dip Ship Records. Yeah no, no, Ape Ship aph Yeah. And I got I signed in my band. I got Ray Khalil. I got this other group called still Beans. He's like a one man band, but we got records out there. And I've been able to play with both with with with the indie and the major. And I think it's it's all about the artists. What you want get You don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate. So absolutely Sonic, what label? What that did that drop on? It never dropped off? You see the chain remains? Oh see yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, anything. We can tell you the label right now. Just look at Atlantic. Oh okay.
Speaker 1: And that's when after Math stop being a major. Correct No, because after.
Speaker 2: Math after Math has some very messing with Apple and in the school they made the cell after Math is the indie label still gets to do what the distribution whoever they want to do. Yes, And the last thing that they did which was very successful was the was Silk Sonic. But then with the Atlantic, so was that they killed it? Did you have to one idea to know? Everybody was down? Everybody was good? I was like, you know, Dre would preferred me to work on my own stuff. He wants me to work on Anderson pat that. Yeah, he wants to like do your thing. This is great. I keep doing that. I do a lot of collaborative efforts. If you look at a lot of my records always collapse. That's been my thing. I love it. It's not fun unless I'm like working. I like working with other people. It's like that's where it's fun for me. And so but when it's time for me to work on my own ship, it gets a little like I don't care, I pee a little, I take a little more time, and it gets a little more methodical and stuff. But I love when I can work in a duo or something like that. You know, I don't know, that's something to my brain. Yeah, and so yeah, I told Dre and he was with it, and then we played him leader open and it was like yeah crazy and then you we was doing the Residency and it was just I didn't I didn't know that. Yeah, absolutely, and then uh and Julie at Atlantic at the time, I mean it was it was fucking It was an incredible Julie Greenwall. Yeah, yes, Judy Green was solid. Right, So so who the he was was under What was it Judy Green, Mike Kaiser, I'm so terrible names with Julie, black dude, and like some other people. Yeah, there was a black guy for sure. The classes. Yes, that's my brother. I bleed for that. Do you remember like lows? Okay, let's just chill. I don't know. I don't want to get I don't know who was exactly, but I was there. You getting way too much money? You don't know. You just know you're getting way too much money.
Speaker 1: That's where it seems, and that's you know what, That's a beautiful that's beautiful. So is there anything in this industry.
Speaker 2: That's you regret? I mean my double excel freestyle was a bit cringe, but I don't regret it. I just could have been in a better outfit and that's all say, no regrets. I think it's great, man, I look back. I just love that I'm able to learn from my mistakes and failures. I think that's the best part about this whole thing, you know, learning in front of those, enjoying those moments too, soaking those in and then moving on, learning how to get better and enjoying the ride, being open to new stuff, being okay, with not being the best in the room with something and just like learning about other people and trying to keep growing and learning and that's it, and try to keep your dogs that your way. It's tough, man. You know, you don't make new friends these days.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm really like, I'm grateful for y'all having this platform. You know, I always see you, you know, yeah, yeah, take that light back because you ain't trying to.
Speaker 3: Hey man, you're saying some nice words about us, and this is why niggas can't express it.
Speaker 2: That's why we need therapy.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: I just anxiety. At the same time, I want to delight my blood. I like you, Thank you. I know. No man like you. Man, No, man, I'm gonna be honest with you. Man, You're You're a legend. We've been you know, you know me and you got a relationship.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to get you on here because I want to give your flowers. And that's the thing about our culture is most of us don't really do that. Like it takes nothing from me as a man to tell you how much I appreciate you as a man, you know what I'm saying, Like, it doesn't take nothing away from me. It doesn't take nothing away from us. And that's what our show was about. Our show is about giving people and making people know how much the culture appreciate you. And god damn it, we appreciate you motherfucker all right. And and it's not like you know, you deserve this ship, you know what I'm saying, Like I've been seeing you for years and me and you've been kicking it and I'm just like, yo, I just want to give you. I want you to understand, you know, our play and watch your fans gonna when you your fans see this, they're gonna be like, yo, wow, I'm gonna take care of you.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, of course, you know we're great, you know, because.
Speaker 3: It down a little bit a little bit, but you got to understand we can't edit it down a lot of it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I watched you on like every interview you did, and your story, like you know, has kind of it's been told, but it's you've been and you've been telling it with a smile on your face, right, So people might not take it as serious as what it really is. Like they're not aware read that your parents both did a bid one seven years the other fourteen years. That doesn't sound like a man who smiles, Like who smiles to me? And when I see you on an off camera and you smiling, that shit is the ultimate version of success to me. To me, this is what I'm trying to tell you. It's because you know, had I been through that exact thing, I might I might have not been able to smile as confident as you. And you do smile confident it do in like three different groups. You tored like a wrestler and you just live life. And I want to say, that's something that I admire.
Speaker 2: That's a.
Speaker 1: Forget a rapper, forget an artist, forget an entertainer. I admired as a man. It's a man. The ship that you've been through and how you approach life and you look forward. I solute you rather.
Speaker 2: Big time. I got one more shot. Let's let's do you.
Speaker 1: You got to, you got to, you got a little too little bookorean mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Told you got more in common than you think.
Speaker 1: So And just for the last things that we know, last shot, Yeah, one last shot before we get Is it anything you want to say your fans?
Speaker 2: Because I love you, Thank you so much for your patience, Thanks for riding with me. Thanks for just you know, grinding with me.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm enjoying the ride. And I love you nothing without you. I got so much stuff on the way. Uh. And just know that I'm going to be taking care of y'all because y'all taking care of me. And shout out to my family, my my baby's soul shine. Uh, hey on, shout out to Ronnie, Willie Camille, Paris night, Kenya Kayla Kaylannie Kendrick. Uh Carousel, Who was you shying out? That got real? You want a couple that came in earlier? Okay, bro, thank you so much. And one more thing, by the way, this is your house whenever you want to come back.
Speaker 1: Take this last. Yeah, I've got three shots. Okay, take a hockey. Thanks guys chez. Then I got one more. You got a s killer right there. Killer with the one more let me pour up.
Speaker 2: Yeah on the flight you gotta flight's awful. Sorry for you, sir, goddamn.
Speaker 3: Drink Champs is a drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O. R.
Speaker 2: E and d J. E.
Speaker 3: F N.
Speaker 2: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 3: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real noriegon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mineus at.
Speaker 2: Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and
Speaker 3: Most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com