Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: SECA look at some of the stocks on the move today.
Speaker 3: Am Paulsomnia alongside Scarlet the Footwork, joined by Bloomberg's and a linkra Fa Emily.
Speaker 1: What are you looking at all?
Speaker 3: Right? I'm watching shares of Google's par parent, Alphabet, but the ticker goog L. The company's under investigation by EU antitrust watchdogs over concerns that it unfairly demotes some news results. So this is a probe that could add up to eleven billion dollars of fines from the EU.
Speaker 1: Tally.
Speaker 3: That stock right now down about two point five percent. It's been falling for the last two days, and the company actually said the Google Search chief scientist said that the EU investigation is entirely misguided, risks harming millions of users. But nevertheless, it's never good news for the equity holders when there's an investigation like this and potential for what could be billions of dollars of fines. Yeah, Alphabet is one of the six mag seven names that are lower today the outliers Microsoft just barely changed.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about Walt Disney.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this stock down about nine percent, falling to the lowest level since May. We're talking about Disney ticker dis The media company missed revenue expectations. They also set expenses for its film studio would weigh on the current quarter because they're I guess, really paying the big bucks for Zootopia two and Avatar Fire and ash are.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you guys the same question. I will see Zoolander two because Zoolander one was a classic.
Speaker 3: This is Zootopia too, might yeah, I think this might be for children.
Speaker 1: Sorry to disappoint, I haven't seen Avatar too.
Speaker 3: Also, yeah, that would maybe the should pivot to that. But yeah, they said that those expenses to those two theatrical releases will reduce earnings by four hundred million. But really weighing on the stock here weak earnings. I don't think I'll be going to see either of those movie. Turns out there was a Zuleelander too, that was back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they thought.
Speaker 2: Of that already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very good.
Speaker 2: All right, Sealed Air, which I just learned today why it's called sealed Air.
Speaker 1: Well, they seal air.
Speaker 3: Yes, they make bubble wrap and they take air and package it up to keep like food, I guess refrigerated and secure. But they're potentially being taken over by private equity. So this is Sealed Air Corp. Taker see about six billion dollars in market cap and the stock is on fire right now, was up as much as twenty two percent, the biggest jump since March twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: People with knowledge of the matter.
Speaker 3: Say that Clayton, Dubleier and Rice, Yeah, they're exploring a potential acquisition this bubble rap bubble wrap maker. It's interesting the Sealed Air bonds are falling by record amounts.
Speaker 1: Shop is on the bius now she's now part of the credit team. She didn't even know.
Speaker 3: So I'm doing an embed MBED, which is a Bloomberg opportunity they have in the newsroom. After you've done a couple of years in the newsroom.
Speaker 1: Do something different. Did you take the new skill? Yeah, I mean it's it's a really hot area right now.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: There's a lot going on here. So yeah, I'm going to horizons. Lev Finn brought in my Horizon talking spreads all.
Speaker 3: The time exactly, Yes, talking pests. I won't say the pest word, but it's been very relevant.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app
Speaker 3: MHM.