Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostick and Scarlet Food.
Speaker 3: All right, we do have some earnings crossing the wire right now. This coming from Booking Holdings. Here and here are some of the headlines. Third quarter adjusted EBDA coming in at four point two to three billion dollars. That is a beat for booking, at least on that line item. The estimate had been for four billion dollars. Third quarter gross bookings coming in at forty nine point seven billion dollars. That's also a beat of expectations that were just a hair below forty eight billion dollars. And the nights sold when it comes to the third quarter, the room nights sold coming in at three hundred and twenty three million.
Speaker 4: That is also ahead of expectations.
Speaker 3: You can see the after hours trade, though not too much reaction yet. We'll have to parse through that, but again a beat when it comes to adjustin Viada.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, let's as we wait for some more earnings. Just a couple of the big outperformers in today's session, PayPal at its highs up almost thirteen percent, finishing the day with a gain of about four percent, a top gainer in both the S and P five hundred Nasdaq one hundred company raising its full year earnings guidance and announced to tie up with open Ai to embed its digital wallet into Chat GBT, sending it shares up the most in more than six months. So a big deal there, Nokia. Speaking of deals, thank you very much in Vidia. We did see Nokia ADRs that train the US soaring in today's session, up about twenty two percent, and Vidia planning to make a one billion dollar equity investment in Nokia. That's, as we have reported out, kind of a vindication that Nokia's pivot from Mobile Networking Kit into AI by the sector's king maker. I mean, listen, that is a big endorsement from Nvidia for Nokia and then UPS just want to point.
Speaker 6: That one out.
Speaker 5: Up almost eight percent in today's session, smashing Wall Street's profit expectations. The company cutting costs. They have been on that maneuver for a while. They cut thirty four thousand jobs this year, which goes to what Romaine was talking about earlier about the job cuts that we were seeing at the company's closing owned buildings.
Speaker 6: It's all this cost cutting initiative.
Speaker 5: They expect to achieve three and a half billion in total year over your cost savings in this year alone.
Speaker 6: So Bester's liking that.
Speaker 1: Can I just add an honorable mention? Wayfair twenty three percent jump today, Carol Master highest best day. I should point out going back to January of twenty twenty. I heard you had the CEO on earlier today, right right, cfolks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Kay Giliver joined us for an extended conversation. She was, look, this company absolutely surging this year. Remember it's a marketplace, so they're not like actually seeing they don't have the inventory. Yeah, they're just they're a marketplace that connects buyers and sellers. But she's saying, you know, she's she's seeing, she's optimistic. She's really optimistic, and she was obviously pleased with today's performance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess Carl Master has been buying a lot of pillows.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, she's not allowed to buy anymore.
Speaker 6: I'm not allowed to. My was like, there's no more room on the bed.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: Watching show.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is with you women and pillow? You got thirty eight pillows on my bed and I'm only allowed to sleep.
Speaker 4: On thirty eight.
Speaker 6: I was like, don't touch them, don't touch it.
Speaker 1: I know, it's like what and the only one I'm allowed to touch is like the worst pillows?
Speaker 3: So true.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's go to some of the decliners before we get some more earnings. Guys, well you have.
Speaker 4: Katie, I actually have four on my bed, which is interesting.
Speaker 1: You got to step it out, spar.
Speaker 5: It's only been married a little bit, right, like a few years, married like eight years.
Speaker 6: Oh well, come on, step up your game, girl, all right, all right.
Speaker 7: Jeff Blue shares falling close to twelve percent today. The company talked about the challenges that it would have through the holiday travel season, rising fuel prices, hurricane and US government shutdown. Executives, though said demand for premium offerings is stronger compared with the main cabin his air travel rebounds. Investors, though growing impatient with executives' ability to meet cost cutting targets once again, Jet Blue down about twelve percent, and then watching what happened with a couple gaming stocks today, A DraftKings down five and a half percent Flutter Entertainment. It's the parent company of excuse Ye, parent company of FanDuel. Down three percent. Those companies extended acline following a Bloomberg report that Polymarket is preparing to return to the US in the coming weeks to focus on sports betting. But shares were already down because Trump Media and Technology set it plans to make prediction contracts available on its truth social network that's called or will be called truth Predict, which is interesting because there are other companies out there that do this, but they have relationships with the Trump family already, like call She and poly Market as well, so it's getting a little crowded when it comes to those predictions. And finally, VF Corp. Down twelve point two percent, biggest intra day decline going back months. The north Face and Vans owner issued third quarter adjusted operating guidance that missed the consensus expectations. Shares once again down twelve point two percent.
Speaker 1: All right, I just let's do a quick check on yield here. I mean, they actually went nowhere. But I really just want to use this as an excuse to remind everyone actually a FED meeting started today. I know everyone was focused about fifteen twenty blocks away down in Washington, DC, where Jensen Wong was giving that keynote address. But this is a pretty pivotal meeting, not so much as to what they do tomorrow, but what they telegraph here for the potential rate cuts that could be ahead for the rest of the year and into twenty twenty six. Here, so a bit of a holding pattern as we wait for that decision. Let's go back to earnings right now, with Mandalize crossing the wire right now, all your fan favorites there under that umbrella of the food company, including Oreos, operating margin looks like it did come in above estimates. Adjusted EPs also looked like it came in above estimates. Seventy three cents a share the street was looking for seventy one cents a share of the revenue, relatively in line with estimates at nine point seventy four billion. That's pretty much what the street was looking for there. Adjust to gross margin though coming in light, and that might be the reason why you're actually seeing the shares lower in the after hours trade. Thirty percent adjusted gross margin. The street was looking for about thirty three point one percent, so almost a three percentage point difference here from what they reported and what the street was looking for.
Speaker 7: All right, we got more earnings crossing. I want to start with EA reporting netbookings for the second quarter that missed the average analyst estimate. I don't know, does do these? The netbooks came in at one point eight two billion dollars. The estimate was for one point eight eight billion dollars. Total net revenue at one point eight four billion, the estimus for one point eighty one billion. As you can imagine, we're not seeing shares move that much in the after hours, considering this transaction is in progress, but down about oh, just ever so fractionally in the after hours.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, let me just get two Frontier Communications stock up about eight percent here in twenty twenty five, front Deier third quarter revenue slight by one point fifty five billion. The estimate on the street was one point fifty four billion third quarter adjusted even a six hundred and thirty seven million, That two was some outperformance in terms of the number. Five ninety six point five million was what the street was looking at for right now. That stocks unchanged. So we'll look for some more headlines on this one.
Speaker 4: And let's also zoom in on Visa here, also reporting earnings.
Speaker 3: Their fourth quarter adjusted EPs beat estimates that came in at two dollars and ninety eight cents.
Speaker 4: The estimate had been.
Speaker 3: For two dollars and ninety seven cents, So a very slight beat there, and then you take a look at some of the other headlines coming through. Fourth quarter net revenue came in at ten point seven billion dollars, again slightly ahead of estimates which were for about ten point six billion dollars, so.
Speaker 4: Very slight beats overall.
Speaker 3: You can see that the stock not too much direction right now, down slightly in after hours trade to the tune about one percent.
Speaker 7: Right now, Let's take.
Speaker 1: A look at in Phase, a solar company whose stock was down almost fifty percent year to date, coming in today now moving lower in the after hours trade. For the third quarter, adjusted EPs did beat ninety cents a year the street was looking for sixty five cents on average revenue though in the quarter also beat four hundred and ten million. The street was looking for three to sixty four. Here's your guidance. So the company says that for the fourth quarter revenue will be in a range of three hundred and ten to three hundred and fifty million dollars the top end of that and just well below the average street estimates for three hundred and eighty one million. That does appear to be why you're seeing some weakness in this year.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.