Speaker 1: The volume. The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves. That's Code Money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and one four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Hell on, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: As you watch.
Speaker 1: What we thought was going to be a very uninteresting game turned out to be a very interesting game.
Speaker 2: But the Charges get out to.
Speaker 1: An early lead and they hang on and they beat the Bengals third four to twenty seven. Even after an outstanding performance by Joe Burrow and his wide receivers, it was not enough, as the Chargers hold on and went at home thirty four to twenty seven. Again, thank you for joining us for an episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite on Shannon Sharp. That guy right there is your favorite Liberty City native. He's a Bengal Ring of Fame Monterie. He's a pro bowler. He's an all pro. That's Chad Ocho Senko Johnson, just call him Ocho. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you, we appreciate you, We adore you for all your continuous support. Thank you so very very much. Please make sure you check out Shape by la Portier. We do have it in stock. Knowing that the holidays was right around the corner, and we want you to have a very festive holiday season Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's or right around the corner. What better way to celebrate than with Shaved by la Portier. And another thing, Please drink responsibly. Go follow my media company page on all his platforms. That's Shayshe Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. We had releases that dropped last week. I was held when I was well. I lied for you before I lied to you in a T shirt form black Nightcap hoodies and we had state we added stay with me now to the hoodies. Our best sellers are the Unkin Oho t's and we've added a new color. We added it in black. So this quantities are limited, so please make sure you grab yours wild supplies last Ojo. As I mentioned earlier, the Chargers won their fourth straight game by defeating the Bengals thirty four to twenty seven.
Speaker 2: JK.
Speaker 1: Dobbins broke the ran a touchdown in late I'm not so sure if they tried to stop him or they let him score wanting to get the ball back with an opportunity to do what they did at the end of the game, O Joe, which to throw the ball into the end zone with a chance to tie the game or go for you and win the game, but it was batted down at the end. Joe Burrow three hundred and fifty six yards, three touchdown. He was twenty eight or fifty three fifty six zero, three touchdown, zero interception. He was sacked three times, and they ran the ball decent Ojo. Twenty five to ten for one hundred and ten yards. But they ran what seventy plays to like fifty eight. They ran substantially more plays. Had time of possession was in their favor. But the thing that I hate so much for Joey b is that he knows he's got to score touchdowns. Give his defense credit ocho him for the most part in the second half. They held him to three points until that final drive in which they gave him a touchdown. And I'm not so sure they didn't let him score because they wanted time on the clock. Didn't want them to bleed the clock down kick a walk off field goal without Joe Burrow having an opportunity to touch the football. But the defense played better in the second half. But it's hard to spot teams Ohoe twenty one points in this league and then track them down. But to Bengals credit, they tried to come back and make a ball game. Ohhow you up against it?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: You're really up against the gun right now with the four and seven record, and you still have two games against the Steelers and the State, and the Steelers are better, are much better than we previously followed, Joe. But this game right here, the Chargers thirty four the Bengals twenty seven. Ojo, what did you like and what didn't you like?
Speaker 4: I mean, what I didn't like is that I didn't like the first half. But then I don't like the fact that we're still starting the same waven starting since week one. We start slow, We allow ourselves to put ourselves in the goddamn hole and have to climb out of that hole because our offense is somewhat of a juggernaut.
Speaker 5: If we are good as we are, if we.
Speaker 4: Are good as we are in the second half of football game, defense, defense, obviously they did what they needed to do in the second half. They give us an opportunity to come back in the game and do what we need to do to make it a competitive make it a competitive game and at some point maybe take the lead or maybe tide the game. But in the first half, when we get down into the red zone, the field goals is killing the spaces.
Speaker 5: Yes, the field goals is killing.
Speaker 4: Us man, And I'm looking at the TV understanding now, when we get into the rad area anywhere anywhere from the twenty on end, we have to find a way to put the ball in the end zone.
Speaker 5: We have to.
Speaker 4: The defense is struggling to find a way to stop the goddamn charges in the first half. Yeah, I'm not sure what adjustments lou made in the second half. Where it gave us the opportunity. Defensively we were able to stop him and hold him to three points, but we were able to come back and make it a goddamn game. But at that point, you know it's not it's what's the world. I'm looking for nut cutting time, a nut crunching time, and we just weren't able to get it, and it's too late. We have to start the fucking games a lot faster, you do know, not to put ourselves in the goddamn hole with everything in the second half has to be that much goddamn perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing with the office we have.
Speaker 4: There's no goddamn reason man to be able to spot a team twenty one points and be able to come back in the game when you really.
Speaker 5: Shouldn't be able to.
Speaker 4: If you spot a team twenty one points, ain't no way in head you should be able to come back, even if a momentum you said always it's about how much you extended and how much grace you give yourself or you give a team, and if if you got a one point chance is coming back, it should we God damn Sam, But we do have an offense where you can do it.
Speaker 5: And make it happen. But we've got to start fast. It's killing me.
Speaker 4: Man. The difference is up and down. It's so inconsistent offensive. We start so goddamn slow. We do get in the red area, we don't get six points, were getting three points.
Speaker 5: And it's killing us.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's really the issue. And people keep saying and Joe is playing well, but he's got to get the ball in the end zone. Considering how poorly your defense has been playing, because they're they're second to last in red zone touchdown possession. They're giving up seventy two percent of the drives. When they team get the ball in the red zone, they get the ball in the end zone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And when you get the ball into the red zone, you kick field goals. I don't know how you win those games. But let me tell you how you got back into the game. Because typical in the Harbor fashion, he started to run the ball and they started and this Bengals started to run blitz. So now they catch you, oh Hill, and you get it's second and twelve. Now they got you playing behind the sticks. Okay, let's just say for the sake of argument on second and twelve, you get five. Okay, now he's thirty seven, you get another five, which it should be first down. Now it's thirty two, not's thirty three. You see what has happened. And so they kept doing that. Bengals know, Hey, this Hardbaugh, he ain't gonna do anything crazy. He gonna stick to the strip, the strip, he gonna run the ball on first down. Let's get him with a run blitz boom, And they got him, got him playing from behind the sticks. And then Herbert, I don't know if you if I'm the only one, but as the game starting the Titans, he starts the Titans. And if this game was very reminiscent of what we saw against Jacksonville, they have a twenty seven point lead.
Speaker 2: Now this is a different coaching staff, but he's the same quarterback.
Speaker 1: And as the game got tighter and tighter, all of a sudden, the throws that he was making in the first half when he's playing loose, boom boom boom.
Speaker 4: You don't want to make these mistakes, especially as young quarterback like Herbert. You don't want to put the ball in harm's way when you know a team is coming back or the momentum has shifted, you know, in the Bengals favor, So again your decision making it becomes a little bit different as a quarterback as opposed to you know, being a gunslinger that you were in the first half and taking some of those chances.
Speaker 1: Well, you're the reason why they're probably coming back because you're not throwing the ball and on third down you're getting the ass off the field as opposed to staring staying on the field. And yeah, it's difficult. Hey, when a team know you got to throw the ball, it gets very, very difficult. Now the Chargers, you know, they're like, okay, let's give up nothing, cheat, nothing deep. We'll make them nickling din my way down the field. But what happens when you do that is that you allow the office to get in a rhythm. You allow Joey b to get into a rhythm with Higgins and with Chase and now you got your hands full. So because when you try to heat him up and when you try to get him off that point, he's already got a rhythm. Those guys have gotten a rhythm now, and so it's a lot more difficult to try to stop a team once you've allowed them to to get into a rhythm. And that's the thing I don't understand either. I don't understand how the Bengals every single game it's the same damn thing.
Speaker 2: We start.
Speaker 1: They spotting teams ten, the spotting teams fourteen, knowing knowing if you spot a team, let's just say, for the sake of argument, oh Joe, you spot a team that knowing what your defense is. So even if we're somehow able to finaggle our way back in the ball game, what's the likelihood of our defense is gonna be able to stand pat for the entirety. Now, the Bengals kicker, they not now make Ferson. He's in his own head. And we're talking about this the same thing with Justin Tucker. He's no longer automatic like he once was from the Pugo or the pat But the Bengals, oh, Jo, they got to work cut up for him.
Speaker 2: They basically got to go six and zero.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't have Yeah, we don't have a choice.
Speaker 4: Joe Burrow came out, you know, two weeks ago and said we had to win seven of the last nine. Well you don't lost two, yeah, point exactly lost two of those already. So now, I mean, if there's a team that can do it, listen to me real quick in chat chat for those of you are watching right now. If there is a team that can do it offensively, from from from an offensive standpoint, stramatically, tactically, it is them the way they're built offensively. But we gotta be able to start the game fast. You gotta put the player an advantageous situation.
Speaker 2: You know, you just can't play with offense, right, get it done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I listen. I know, I know what you're Finnah saying. You can't say we can't play with offense. But Joe has to overcome the bad play on defense. He has to overcome them having lulls, different lulls in the first half of the game.
Speaker 2: We don't have a choice, a choice.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, you just gave up thirty four, you gave up forty one, you gave up thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Come home, man. I know, I know what you're saying.
Speaker 4: I know what you're gonna say. There's nothing I can do. There's nothing I could do. I'm just saying from the outside and as a fan, as a fan of as a fan of the Angles, and as a fan of the game of football in general. The only way the Bengals are going to be able to win games, the offense has to overcome bad defensive play. The offense is gonna have to overcome the little spells and the spells in the first half and the spells in it in the second half. You're gonna have to extend, extend not plays, but the score line and being able to play from ahead and try to extend that lead as much as possible, depending on when that when that defense decides to have those lows.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to figure out, they.
Speaker 4: Gotta damn there play perfect, man, whoa whoa before.
Speaker 2: They damn they gotta play perfect.
Speaker 1: Chat before we go any further. If your team didn't win today, I don't want to hear you say foot or ball.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, don't do that. Come on, man, I know about the Broncos won. Come on, man, Broncos.
Speaker 2: Won the Broncos hanging thirty eight on them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the five.
Speaker 1: Oh both why I mean what I tried to tell you, but this, oh yo, y'all, look like I said, you still got the Stealers twice, got the Bengals twice.
Speaker 2: That's four games.
Speaker 4: I don't know who they have outside of that, because you said we got the bengalswife.
Speaker 1: There's no Browns. Y'all got to Browns twice. Y'all got the Stealers twice. That's four you only got. You only got six games left.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, they.
Speaker 1: Only Big brown once, so they got the Browns once again at home. Steelers, Cowboys. Okay, Oh, y'all got the Broncos too.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, listen, I'm gonna go out on a limb.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go out of on a limb, and I'm gonna say I'm gonna I'm gonna say it's up to Joe Burrow in that offense. Man, it's up to Zach Taylor. If we want to win these next what six games?
Speaker 2: You gotta go six? I believe, do you know what? O? Joe?
Speaker 4: Hold talk to me, hold on before you say anything, before you before you say anything.
Speaker 5: Talk to me nice now.
Speaker 2: Okay, talk to me nice. You got hold on? Are they only? So?
Speaker 1: They got the Steelers on the on the first of December, So that's in two weeks right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So yes, sir, So then your guys go on a bu with yo.
Speaker 1: So you got the Steelers at home, you're at the Cowboys, you're at the Titans. Those should be wins. You should be able to beat the Browns. It's gonna come down. I believe your season's gonna hang in the ballot. Can you beat the Steelers last game of the season on January fifth in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: I think I think that's what it's gonna come down to me. I truly believe that's what it's going to come down to. I think for us as as a team offensively and defensively, uh Lou will be able to get those boys together and find a way to get it some type of game plan, some type of some type of I don't even know even know at this point because the season is almost over, so we shouldn't have these issues. Defensively, again, we played very very well to allow the offense to be able to get back into the game, simply because like you did say, the pigaball what you said, having the charges playing from behind the sticks, making it a little easier putting the ball back in the offensive hand, back in the offensi's hand and allowing them to do what they need to do.
Speaker 5: But the offense that we saw in the second half a game.
Speaker 4: To come back from to one point ly is what we need from the beginning of the game, from the start of the game.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure what the difference is in the.
Speaker 4: Second half from from for the first but whatever we did in the second half, we just started the goddamn game like that.
Speaker 5: The goddamn kitchen sink the motherfuckers. I don't know.
Speaker 1: If y'all gonna beat the Steelers in the first game in December, it's over for y'all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you ain't got to say it like that.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 5: I asked lightly to talk nice to me.
Speaker 2: But you get what's going on with your WiFi?
Speaker 5: Is it working?
Speaker 1: Keep fading in and out? Do you get the because they give you two types. You can play the extra fifteen dollars and get the super high five, or you can get the.
Speaker 2: Run of the meal.
Speaker 5: Can you see me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we see you.
Speaker 1: But it's your audio that keeps fading in and out.
Speaker 4: Oh man, damn see. I don't like when that be in these hotels bron to try to get the better, better WiFi. You want to keep going? What do you want to do?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: You probably should have got that from the beginning, but we learned lesson learn moving forward. Justin Herbert now has fifteen game winning drives in his career. Only Patrick Mahomes and Kirk Cousins have more since twenty twenty, when Herbert entered the league. I guess somebody wrote a text text from NFC GM the a mino regret that teams have for not hiring Jim Harbor when they had the chance. It's very real, yo. Will Jim Harbord be the best thing to have happened to Herbert in his career?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? Absolutely. You have to understand. I see Harvard similar to a Dan Campbell. I see Harbord similar to that of a Dion SAand as you go somewhere, the places that you do go not only do you turn the franchise of the program and the organization around that you're with. The quarterback that you're attached to also had success, yes, being betted with the ball offensively, being able to process information and make sure you play it away where you always give your team the best chance to win the game, which is why I think you saw what you did in the second half with him not making the desperation throws which allow the Bengals to come back come back in this game. The goddamn artist in our pole and its totality. They look completely different with a few different pieces defensively, but the defense looks different. The offense looks different. Quinn Johnson, young brother, I salute you, yung bro. I salute you. Your confidence is there. You look like a completely different receiver. I'm not sure if Harvall has anything to do with that, but I'm sure what he's brought to that culture and that that winning mentality has changed everything about that team. That's including the players and their play.
Speaker 1: The Bills hand the Chiefs the first loss of the season. Josh Allen rushes for a late touchdown on fourth down. I don't know what the Chiefs were thinking. They know they're gonna put the ball in Josh's hand and he's gonna run five.
Speaker 2: He's gonna run it.
Speaker 1: That's what he's done every time against the Kansas City Chiefs when they get to fourth down, they get to thirty one, that's what you're supposed to do. Put the ball in your best player's hand and let him do what he does. But the Bills put up thirty points against the Kansas City's defense that hadn't allowed more than thirty points Since Week four of twenty twenty two, forts mahone to throw two interceptions, Allen improved the four and one in the regular season over Mahomes. Buffalo is now not in two, a half game back of Kansas City for the best record in the AFC. Look, I mean, people, see the thing that I hate Ojoe is that, like, when we analyze a critique a great player, and that's what Mahomes is. He's a historically great player. People's like, well, Home's not playing well. And when you say that, people think that you're trying to take away from what he's already done.
Speaker 2: No, he's done that I'm talking about right now.
Speaker 1: Nobody can end there that even if you were the most ardent, die hardest of Chiefs fans thinks Mahomes is playing well, he's not. That doesn't mean And because he's not playing well, that doesn't mean do you believe he could turn around?
Speaker 2: Yes, but let's deal with what we need to deal with.
Speaker 1: Look how many interceptions he had as opposed to touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's damnar.
Speaker 1: Like every game you pistoled in, Mahome's gonna turn the ball over at least once at least once he's not playing well. He has not played well this year. He's had moments in which he's played well, but the totality Mahons needs to play clean for the entirety of the game. He would go stretches where he'd had five, six, seven, eight games and he would be virtually impeccle. Now you hope you can get five or six possessions in which he's in peckle, but he's not playing well. The defense gave up thirty. Like I said, think about it and see this is what normally happens. You know it's gonna be a situation on Joe. Somebody is gonna put points on your defense. This is where Mahomes needed to have that game to go get thirty one, to go get thirty four. So that's the question that you're gonna have to ask yourself. Cheeses fans follow the NFL. If somebody can have a day in which they get up on the Chiefs and have better than normal day against that defense, right, and Patrick Mahomes and this offense outdueling opposing team's offense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it used to.
Speaker 2: Be a no doubt.
Speaker 1: It used to be unless you score twenty eight or thirty points, you couldn't beat the.
Speaker 4: Chiefs right well, honestly if you think about it. And when we comes to the regular season now the Bills are four and one against the Chiefs. Yeah, but counts when we talk about that dueling situation where it matters most and rest Mahome coming in and playing his best football and opportune times has been in the postseason where they are three and zero against the Bills. So again, in the regular season, for some reason, the Bills have always had success when it comes to playing the Chiefs, but when it mattered most, when it mattered most in the postseason, Patrick Mahomes has always come on top in those dual games like that. But again, not to take anything away from the Bills and what they did today. Hell, I even had the Bills winning.
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, everybody, I think everybody it should have.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is O shoe is that people like, well Mahomes, Mahomes, but we've never seen home play stretches like this. That's the difference. Yeah, we know what he is, we know what he's done, right, but we haven't seen him play like this. We haven't had he had Worthy wide open and he throws and leaves him out of bounds. He leaves him up to feel us a touchdown. It's plays like that that he used to never miss, and now more it's more routine to see him miss those throws than make those throws, which is very uncommon. It's something that we're not used to seeing. The Bills mounted five scoring drives of at least eight plays and sixty yards. Four of those plays ended on a touchdown and one end of the field goal. So five of the six drives of at least eight plays and sixty yards ended in scores, four tds, one field goal. Josh Allen was twenty seven and forty two sixty two, one touchdown, one I n T. They ran the ball thirty one times fo one hundred and four yards. James Cook had two touchdowns and it was Josh Allen that sealed it. Laid on the fourth down twenty six yard run Patrick mahall I mean, look at it, twenty three of thirty three for one. If Patrick Mahlmes have a three on the yard game this year, he might.
Speaker 4: Have one, yeah, maybe maybe one, but again, you know what, you know what else, you know what else that comes into that. It makes it that much more difficult coming off of Super Bowl champion. I mean, coming off of Super Bowl win, everybody's targeting you ever you want to study. Everyone has studied you, all your tendencies, everything you like to do. They studied your offense, they studied your quarterback. So it makes it that much more difficult for Patrick Holmes and that offense as the people of game plan and prepared to play. So I think things are a little bit more difficult for them, and that that's on Andy Reid to continue to do what he does and being as creative as possible to throw the team that you're playing off.
Speaker 5: Because they're a little bit better prepared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but give Buffalo credit.
Speaker 2: Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Buffalo is playing extremely well. Josh is playing He's running. Hey, you look at six foot five, six six two fifty two fifty five and he can run. And he's a low and once he once he opens up, man who's trying to tackle him, DBS ain't trying to tackle that man.
Speaker 2: So bad. Please, But he's playing well.
Speaker 1: He throw the ball, but I mean he's had what consecutive game, three consecutive games, I'm not mistaken turning the ball over. But he didn't turn it over when they was in the red zone, because a lot of times they were getting in trouble.
Speaker 2: He was throwing picks in the end zone. He was thumbing the ball in the red zone, and.
Speaker 1: He was taking potential points off the board, even though any drive could have ended in a point. You know, but when you throw the ball in the end zone and it gets turned over, you know you're already in field goal range. But dang uh if I told you the quarterback has thrown in eleven games. The ten games have thrown for twenty four hundred yards. He had fifteen touchdowns and eleven interceptions. What would you say, O Joe.
Speaker 4: They're probably losing. Thank you're probably losing if you don't put that, if you don't put the name, If you don't put the name, and you just say the stats in general, yep, losing team and whoever it is is playing very bad.
Speaker 2: Yep, very bad.
Speaker 4: And so the fact that it looks like that on and they're only and they're still nine and one, that says a lot about the player in general.
Speaker 5: Also as well.
Speaker 1: He's only had two games this season in which he has not thrown an interception.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, two games? How many three hundred yard games as he had.
Speaker 2: He had only one against the Saints. Yeah, okay, Dang came close.
Speaker 1: Against the Ravens he had two ninety one, and then against the Bengals he had one fifty one two seventeen Against the foul Becaus two forty five, three thirty one against the Saints, he had one fifty four against the forty nine ers two sixty two to two ninety one, two sixty six, one ninety six. It's completion percentage just off the chain. But that we understand why because they run a lot of smoke screens. They run a lot of screenplays, a lot of a lot of shallows, a lot of spots. So it's not like before where he was pushing the ball down the field like you do. We understand the offense changed substantially once they lost Tyreek. They found a new way to get the ball down the field. They're not as explosive as they once were. Right, as long as you win, you win. But you make it very very difficult when you turn the ball over, and even as great as your defense is, you keep turning it over big Eventually they're gonna crack. Yeah, most definitely crack. But give Buffalo credit. Let's not ay take anything away from them. They played really really well today. They got some big time played, have a couple of big catches, Samuel played really well, had came up some key third downs. But the Bills win and move within a half game of Kansas City for the number one seed in the AFC. The Bills fans hang a Kermit the frog puppet, and if I'm not mistaken, on Joe, they had a fifteen on his jersey, O Joe, what do you think about this?
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, it's an ongoing thing with them making fun of fun of mahomes voice home because of his voice, because of how he talks, and comparing him to Kermit. I think it's been ongoing anything. I think Mahomes has addressed it. I don't think it doesn't really bother him. But I understand the whole thing.
Speaker 2: They won.
Speaker 4: But again, they might those Bills fans might want to be cautious. It's just the regular season because when it matters, most were got and Pat Mahomes is three and zero against you know, the Bills. The Bills and their fans, Uh, we're gonna see he gonna remember that he's gonna remember that. So, you know, kudos to the Bills, I mean kudos are their fans. I had the Bills winning, winning this game. And Josh Allen Man young Man, young Bull is the real deal man, He's the real deal. Obviously did have a turnover and he has been turnover prone in the past, and I think that's been his achilles heel. But this year he's been He's been protected the ball for the most part extremely well the season, and I think I think they're gonna they're gonna go far.
Speaker 5: They're gonna go They're gonna go really, really, really far this year.
Speaker 1: You like, you like Buffalo better this year than in previous years.
Speaker 5: Oh, absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 4: The fact that not only is Josh Allen playing well, he's not a turnover machine as he once was. He's not relying on the on his arm strength, the squeeze ball, squeeze ball in places where he shouldn't be trying to throw it. H Yeah, so he's he's improved on that. And and for the fact that he's not a turnable machine right now. I had the Bills going much further as opposed to they have in previous years.
Speaker 1: Lamar can't get it done. He couldn't beat can't beat the Steelers again.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: The Lamar Jackson Steelers RUSS. The Steelers beat Baltimore eighteen sixteen. It's just been difficult for the Ravens to overtake the Steelers when Lamar continues to.
Speaker 2: Struggle against them.
Speaker 1: Now, you know the fans gonna come out there and say, well, he ain't got no receivers and he ain't got this.
Speaker 2: They're gonna blame Todd Munkin for the call because it ain't.
Speaker 1: Lamar played bad, and he's played bad more routinely than not when he's faced the Steelers.
Speaker 4: The great question, Yes, so about to about the Ravens Steelers game? Yes, answer for me.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: How many times did Derrick Henry Kirk carry the ball today?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: They ran?
Speaker 1: Derreck Henry had thirteen carries, they had the ball. They ran the ball nineteen times for one to twenty four. Lamar Jackson threw the ball thirty three times for two hundred and seven yards. Now we go back and look Cleveland, what was the ratio? But y'all don't want to bet, y'all, but see when we try to, I tell you your recipe to make a great dish that everybody in Baltimore and Malland and the surrounding county is gonna love we hate, but y'all keep doing it this way. But anyway, let me finish this on Joe, the reigning MVP, is now one to four against the Steelers after completing just forty eight percent of his passes sixteen to thirty three, which does not include a desperation toss on a failed two point conversion.
Speaker 2: Justin Tucker missed two field goals.
Speaker 1: He missed field goals from forty seven and fifty yards in the first quarter, which marked the first time since twenty twenty two that he's failed to convert on back to back attempts. Tucker has now missed six field goals this season. Last season, he only missed five. Tucker said the playing surface was an ideal Tucker, how many years have you kicked in fifthsburn every time? Name of time, this time of year. That the Steelers playing surface is ideal. What we've seen from Tuck is that he's no longer automatic. O. Joe, Yeah, kicks from fifty five.
Speaker 2: In the money.
Speaker 1: He could kick on the moon, he could kick in Pittsburgh, he could kick in Denver.
Speaker 2: It did not matter.
Speaker 1: But now there're no, that's no longer the case because now what was if the game was closed and you put it on the foot of Tuck, Tuck was gonna handle it?
Speaker 2: What? What did? What did they do? First game with? Uh?
Speaker 1: They played? Who did the Ravens play the forty nine ers over the night? No, the Ravens played the Kansas City Give me all the start. Let's let's see with the run ratio the pass ratio because they've lost. How many games have the Ravens lost?
Speaker 2: Four? Now, right, they lost four? Let's let's see the ratio run past.
Speaker 1: We know they've lost when they passed the ball more against Cleveland and the Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: Let's see the other two losses. If the run ratio what it was? Right?
Speaker 5: Probably the same, but.
Speaker 1: We're going to find out because I want to speculate. Let's let's get this right, because you know, O, Joe, they want us to be perfect, so let's make sure we're perfect. Somebody gonna say, oh, get on, Joe, they did blah blah blah. So we're gonna make sure we got it right. Let's see what Let's see what the ratio is?
Speaker 4: Hey, you do know if Tuck, if Tuck makes one of those field goals, the Ravens win the game.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, if that's to say, if Steelers cash one of those red zone possessions, you know they win the game. Right Since we're doing hypotheticals, one team kick six field goals from the.
Speaker 4: Red zone, six field goals on Steelers in the game without scoring a touchdown. Yes, in real life. This ain't no video game. And they got damn defense. Boy, they know they were playing some.
Speaker 2: Ball like that.
Speaker 1: Thirty two of us running plays and they had seventy two, so that seventy four, so that means the other forty was throwing. Okay, So they threw it more against Kansas City and they ran it. They lost. They threw it more against the Steelers, then they ran it and they lost. They threw it more against the Cleveland and they lost. What did they do against the Raiders? They lost against the Raiders. Also, I just, I just, I mean, I just don't understand how you think thirteen carries is enough for Derrick Henry. It's not that complicated. Now, Look, I understand earning the game. It changed the momentium of the game with Henry bumble. It looked like they were going in to get points then and it kind of changed things around.
Speaker 2: But give it back to him.
Speaker 1: Every game in which they lost, they've thrown the ball more than they've won. When they excuse me, then they've run it. When they run it more than they throw it. Guess what happens on Joe.
Speaker 5: They win?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, they win. They win every time.
Speaker 4: Listen, we've talked, we've talked about the recipe for the Ravens for a very long time, you know, understanding what what it takes for them to win games.
Speaker 5: Obviously, when that when they do give the when they give Derrick Henry the ball.
Speaker 4: I say more than twenty I say more than twenty times a game they always come out and winning in and everyone.
Speaker 2: I just I just don't. I just don't get it. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't owe Yoe, I don't. I don't understand why you have Derrick Henry and you leave and you leave a game and Derrick Henry only has thirteen carries and you feel good about that, m hmm, the same thing. I mean he has sixteen carris. He has sixteen carris. If if I'm not mistaken, O, Joe, against Cleveland. I can't go back off the top of my head.
Speaker 4: It was sixteen, the number one sixteen against against against the Browns, it was sixteen.
Speaker 5: But also playing against the Steelers.
Speaker 4: You know what, I think it also does from from for Todd Monkin, I think it scared them.
Speaker 5: Away from calling the run plays when the Steelers defense is playing. That got damn.
Speaker 1: But I thought you told me you don't let somebody dictate your play. Now would you tell me you don't let nobody dictate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't. You don't.
Speaker 5: You're not supposed to. You're not supposed to.
Speaker 4: But again, when things I'm working, when things I'm working it's not going good, you tend to straight away from it when another team is not allowing you to do what you want to do.
Speaker 1: Oh cho, we saw this against the Bengals, you remember, and over time they give the ball to Dad Henry.
Speaker 2: What do you do? He ran him to a victory. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, this ain't college where guys average ten yards the cliff every time they touched the ball. Yes, it's a lot of two yards, one yards, five yards, but you weigh down the defense and plusant play action. You know, just ask Lamar just to drop back and throw the ball. That's not what he is. Can he throw the ball? Has he got exponentially better? Yes, But you need to play action off of that because the Steelers are very good. They got a nice scheme and think about it, rush through an interception in the end zone, no joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they would have got more points.
Speaker 4: Yeah that that should have been a touch. You just had to bring it down a little bit.
Speaker 2: I say, I say, come on, I just I just don't get it.
Speaker 1: Why the Ravens are so hell being trying to prove that we could throw our way to a victory. At the end of the day. If you holding the Lombardy, why do you care how you got it? If you had to run back three puns to win the game, or had to block two field goals.
Speaker 2: Who cares? But this is not your recipe for winning, right.
Speaker 5: Dang hey. But it was a good game though, I can tell you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a good I mean, look, it's a robber game. It's gonna be highly contested. Uh, it's gonna be close. Yes, Yes, they turned them all over three times, you know. I mean, you go on the road, you turn them ball over three times, you probably you probably shouldn't have been in the game.
Speaker 2: You probably shouldn't have to be in the game.
Speaker 1: And based on on on what we've seen from the defense, they normally uh, they gave up eighteen points and they kept them out of the end zone. You know, the raven Peak teams have been having their way with the Ravens in the second day, O Joe. So give the Ravens credit for standing on their head and keeping them out of the end zone. But this is this was a very winnable game. This was a very militable game for the for the Ravens, and they got They've got to find ways to win games like this. But I'll tell you what happened, Yes, sir, they played like this. Jared Golf just sprong board right back into the m v PE conversation. I don't know if you saw his game today to day, that was disrespectful. Okay, okay, you saw so you saw it. He's just strong board his way right back into the m VP conversation.
Speaker 4: You know who also is in there. I don't I don't want to leave Josh Allen. I don't want to leave Josh out of that. But you know what's gonna happen with that Lamar Jackson has an off game, he has a game where he doesn't play well today, But what's gonna happen and gonna come back next week and he's gonna put himself right back in the front runner for that.
Speaker 2: God damn well, I still believe he's the front runner.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that that that Jared Goff got his way back into it because he, come to think about it, O Joe, he threw five picks and they still found a way to win the game.
Speaker 2: Because what right last week?
Speaker 1: Because in that final drive when they needed to get in position, what did he do?
Speaker 2: He made every throw?
Speaker 1: So now it's much worse you throw five interceptions that you lose the game. But he ended up having the game when he drives, right, So people are like, Okay, yeah, he played bad, but when they needed to have something, he went and got it for I still believe Lamar's in the front in the front, I mean what, he had a touchdown in an interception. So now he has twenty five. He's twenty five and three. That's still pretty damn good stats. So Joe, and there's seven and four, there's seven and four. Now, golf does have great numbers and they've only lost one game, so sure.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to do this, but if the Bangs were winning, Joe Borrow would also be in the MVP.
Speaker 2: Absolutely have to be right.
Speaker 5: I just want to throw that out there. I just want to throw that at there.
Speaker 1: But y'all not, we deal with people that are winning. So don't bring that up again. When day when day come on chance laying with me? When day when day when they're gonna win enough game? When day when day when they gonna win enough game? When day when when they don't win a game?
Speaker 5: That's not necessary. You ain't got to do that. I'm already.
Speaker 4: I'm already my feelings about my bangles man, and I was I was hoping we could pull it off today and just it's like, if it ain't, if it ain't one thing, that's another. If it ain't if it ain't one thing, that's another. Man, God damn, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, guys. I don't know if y'all know this, But I used to vote for a decade. I voted for all the litwards, All Pro Defense, and Offensive Player of the Year. And I'm just telling how the god I know there's fifty many women. I'm just telling how they. Y'all can say all that hate ish y'all want to, but I'm telling you Jerry Goff won a game in which you threw five picks because he had the game winning drive, and he followed it up today.
Speaker 2: Did y'all see them drop a fifty two piece? Oh Joe? Did you realize they went.
Speaker 1: Touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown.
Speaker 2: Feel go kneel down.
Speaker 1: Let me say that again, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown.
Speaker 2: Feel go kneel down.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if y'all know it, y'all think it seemed like that man got like five touchdowns and seven and seven touchdowns and five picks. Go check your stans out and they're winning. They're the number one seed in the NFC. Yeah, the same thing, the same thing. Lamar didn't have the greatest numbers last year. He was twenty four and eight, right with the number one seed. Golf is gonna have outstanding numbers, and it looks like they're heading for the number one seed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, three turnovers, two men's field goals, and it seemed like the Ravens played their worst football where they played the f.
Speaker 2: And Steelers every time.
Speaker 4: Listen, you know, again, the game is not as physical as it once was when we were playing on so I can't really say it was a it's a two tin strap game.
Speaker 5: You gotta bring you got to bring your two tin traps and buckle that motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Because obviously the turnover with Barrick Henry was somebody coming from the side. It wasn't, you know, a hit, you know, like like, oh my goodness, he hit him so hardy fumbled, but it was I'm not gonna say, Look, just he had the ball and at the wrong opportune time it came out.
Speaker 5: You know, that's it. And obviously two turnovers.
Speaker 4: The other two turnovers you take justin Tucker, it's a game and his uncle just makes one of those field goals. It makes a difference in the ball game, you know, I know it's hypothetical, but it makes a difference in the ball game. That's why when he was automatic, if he was automatically like he once was in in in the past, it makes a difference in the game.
Speaker 5: When the offense is sputter and when the offense isn't playing well.
Speaker 1: Yes, but you know this type of game is going to be. It's these games are normally low scoring, O joe. Even if you score touchdowns, it ain't like these games been thirty five, thirty thirty five, thirty four, forty one, thirty eight. That's not the type of game. These defensive These teams are built on defense. They they're bullies. Although Lamar obviously the Ravens have an MVP and an Offensive Player of the Year and Derek Henry in the backfield, so they're a lot more explosive than they have been in the years past. Uh Flowers and Bateman and Aguilar and likely and Andrews. They got the Hey, look they got an offense. There's no excuses for the Ravens this year. Offensively, There's none, O joe. There's none. They got they got healed, they got Henry, they got two outstanding tight ends.
Speaker 2: They got good rest, They got good receivers.
Speaker 1: I love Za Flowers, Bateman, Agilary, they Wallace, they they they they got some really they got some really talented and good players. The thing that concerned me was their defense, because I'm still a little shaky on their secondary O Joe. I am I am, but I gotta give him credit today. They kept George Pickens under control. Uh. He had twelve targets, eight catches, Washington had two catchers, and Harris had four.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They ran kept really under control, running the football thirty four carres for.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, I mean, and the Steelers had what seventy two plays? They ran third seventy two plays to the Ravens fifty two fifty five. How many total players did the Ravens have? I mean, he says Lamar threw thirty ball thirty three times. They had nineteen rush attempts. But you probably have a couple of plays throwaways of penalties, Dan. Yeah, so that's fifty two. So they have fifty two to seventy, fifty two to seventy. It's just seventy. So the Steelers read eighteen more plays fifty forty seventy four, so they're still read twenty four. Okay. Are the Ravens their biggest detriment? This is what Lamar said. Absolutely, It's been that way every since last year. I believe, going back to the FC Championship game, we killed ourselves, the Chiefs game in the over, we killed ourselves, raided game, we killed ourselves today.
Speaker 2: Same thing.
Speaker 1: We can't keep beating ourselves in these type of games. Issues annoying, would you think, O Joe? Yeah, I mean that ain't no consolation. O't Joe'd be honest with itself.
Speaker 2: Oh so, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: Did this did this Did this loss go into the did it go into the did it go into the who got to win?
Speaker 2: Whether the Steelers or yourself.
Speaker 5: Steers got to win?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you keep saying you beat yourself at the end of the day, the same thing. It is the same results you lost for guess what happened to come playoff time. If you beat yourself, you're going home because this is not basketball, This is not baseball. That's what we love about football so much, Ojoe. You get one shot, that's it. One shot. In some a lot of times, the best team doesn't always win. Is the team that plays the best that day.
Speaker 2: Faith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why we love football because we're gonna probably get that upset. You're probably not gonna get the upset that you would normally get in a series, because the better team over a seven game series, the better team would normally win, right, But in one game and anything can happen. Right, They got to find a way to fix these They got to find a way to tighten this thing up. They got to go into the point. Listen there, I don't care what anybody says. Dad, Henry needs to get the ball more than thirteen damn times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Carriot, more than thirteen more than camp Lamar.
Speaker 1: Jackson is going perfect from the end, and we've seen him go perfect. We have he had a perfect game. Where was he like six seventeen eighteen? But look how many carriers they give him? Derreck, You got to give him the ball. That's why you brought him in. Yeah, he's not a fancy accessory. He's a necessity, not an accessory.
Speaker 2: Y'all need to treat him as such. Right.
Speaker 1: Jets continue there to continue to be terrible. The Coats go on the road and they win. Aaron Rodgers worst winning percentage than Zach Wilson and Sam Darnold in a Jets uniform. Winning percentage that starting quarterbacks for the Jets Zach Wilson three sixty four, Sam Donald three forty two, Aaron Rodgers two seventy three. The Jets fired Robert Salo when the team was two and three one game, one game out of first place in the FC's The team three losses at the time forty nine Ers five and five, Ronco sixty five, Bays eight and two Denver Minnesota were one score losses, with the Jets offense failing to score on their final possession. Since they fired Robert Saler, the New York Jets are one in five.
Speaker 5: So who are gonna who are they gonna point to blame that?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: I'm just curious. Uh, the media, Now the media. When Aaron Rodgers talked, who is he going to blame?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: The media? Uh, well, he can't blame he can't blame Mike Williams. But the media. Uh, it's the stench in the building because they've been losing so long and these guys don't understand what it takes to win. He ain't gonna play. He gonna put it on himself. Now, Oh you thought fake him?
Speaker 2: I would hope.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: I would think at some point, understanding that you are the leader of that team, at some point you take accountability. You take accountability for the fact that maybe I'm not playing well, maybe I'm not playing as as good as I should be to give us a.
Speaker 5: Chance to win.
Speaker 4: In those moments when it counts most. Am I making the throws? Am I making the plays to give my team the best chance to win?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: Right now, I'm not playing well. Not once, not once, have we heard that at all?
Speaker 1: The numbers speak as mass mass mass, that's what they need to be shouting. I would go to that with five Marshalls. It's on the one side. I would be on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hill, he past.
Speaker 1: I'm just run out of people. Now, look, you blame Robert Solo, you Blaeve? Uh, what's the what's the coordinator?
Speaker 2: Hackett?
Speaker 1: Nathaniel Hackett, William I want to go hold that. Yeah, I'm just waiting on. I'm just waiting on the roll call. Who next, Chap? Who next? Who get blamed?
Speaker 2: Hey? Again?
Speaker 4: The funny thing about it is this has been an ongoing issue, whether Aaron Rodgers was there or not, regardless to what quarterback was at the helm. Regardless of what quarterback was there in that situation, the Jets have always had this problem for a very long time. For a very long time. They haven't had a winning season for a very long time.
Speaker 1: But I thought, hold on, what about that Cayenne pepper and water I thought that was the fountain of the youths fountain of youth for.
Speaker 5: That Cayenne pepper.
Speaker 1: Hold on, what about? What about when you you know? Hold what do you say you got to embrace the darkness? Right?
Speaker 2: I thought we embracing darkness? Right?
Speaker 1: I thought we go down house to wacabout washing to washertusa or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: You know that stuff that you got.
Speaker 1: The hallooin magenic properties in it, right, it calls you to go out of your mind.
Speaker 2: Maybe you need to take another trip.
Speaker 1: I mean, hey, they got a game next week, but won't you go and make a I mean, ain't require you know game. You know, sometimes they're mandatory, sometimes they're volunteering, So maybe you take a you don't take a voluntary trip, just go away, right, I mean three and eight? What you think what you think the Jeff's record would be without it? If I'm three and eight.
Speaker 2: With him, you don't think I go three and eight without him?
Speaker 4: I say fifty billion, yeah, yeah, yeah, But you're paying for what you think you're gonna get. You're paying for what you think you're gonna get from the past and what he's done in the past based on his resume, that's what you're paying is.
Speaker 1: But see, that's what I love about sports on Joe because it's the one thing that you required, you update your resume every single week to you got to oh, oh you got this great resume. Oh it's unbelievable, it's affacable. Yeah, Janet Jackson said the best. You say, what have you done for me lately?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 5: But you know what you know, it's funny.
Speaker 4: You know they always stend a certain position grace when it comes to what they've.
Speaker 5: Done in the past.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what they think.
Speaker 4: They always extend a certain a certain court of a certain position. They extend them grace based on what they've done in the past.
Speaker 2: I don't I believe, O Joe, I am. This is how I believe.
Speaker 1: I believe that there's never been a player or a person that's been above reproach. I don't give you what you deserve. I give you what you earned. He's earned the criticism in which we're leveling against him.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows.
Speaker 1: If you know me, if you follow Shannon Shark for my time on undisput it, I've been Aaron Rodgers' biggest supporter.
Speaker 2: Do I think he's arrogant? Yes.
Speaker 1: Do I think he's flipping yes. Do I think he's condescended yes. Do I think he's dismissing yes. Do I think he blames others for his mistakes? Absolutely? But I say he's one of He's the greatest thrower of the football that I've ever seen with my own joy. Yeah, And I believe to I believe I can fairly assess. Do I like how he's treated somebody to blame others? No, But that doesn't stop me from doing my job and saying he's a damn good when he plays well, I have no problem saying Aaron Rodgers has played well for seven and a half years. But I know, but I've talked to people, I know people, and we'll just leave it at that.
Speaker 2: But hey, and you're right.
Speaker 1: A lot of time, when someone is so great, you willing to overlook their flaws.
Speaker 5: That's a good one right now.
Speaker 2: And that's when anything.
Speaker 1: It's just not with sports, somebody that's really good at something, you allow them to do a lot of things that you wouldn't allow somebody else to do.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But what I think the things that I love most about a person, about people that have power then lived on a music.
Speaker 2: John knew.
Speaker 1: John could miss practice and he could not be at many camps, or he could do something never right never, Yeah, I mean when you when you blow it off. See See, there's a difference between being able to influence people and being able to leave people.
Speaker 2: Now, don't tell let that go over your head.
Speaker 5: Now, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Let's move on you. Let's go Let's move on Joe because were her. This was Richardson's first game back of the starter and was a milestone afternoon for the second your quarterback. He threw four career high two hundred and seventy two yards and a passing touchdown, and had his best completion percentage in a game where he attempted at least twenty passes. Richardon also added thirty two yards and two scores on ten Russian attempts. Is his first game with multiple Russian touchdowns since Week two of twenty twenty three. Today was his first game with three combined touchdown. If I'm not mistaken, I saw something that says Richardson is younger than Shador Sanders.
Speaker 2: He's younger than Beck, he's younger than cam Ward.
Speaker 1: He's younger than all the quarterbacks that's playing that's gonna come into the draft, O Joe. And he's two years in the NFL. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: And on top of that, I'm happy. I'm meant to send it to you because, oh, because I was reading this thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, Right, Chador's in college, cam Ward is in college. Beck is in college. Right, this guy is the second year in the league. Yeah, and he's younger than them.
Speaker 5: How does that happen?
Speaker 2: He's younger than bo Knicks?
Speaker 5: How does that happen?
Speaker 2: That life? You try to get me the line?
Speaker 5: Okay, Okao, say okay, listen, I'm gonna happen.
Speaker 1: He's younger than your door Sanders, Carson Beck, Dylan Gabriel, Jade Daniels, Caleb Williams, bow Knicks, and Michael Pennick's junior.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm confused. How does that happen? He's been in the NFL for two years?
Speaker 1: COVID? I guess you know. COVID you got you got three four, you got three extra years. So normally you have five to do four with COVID, you got eight to do five. Right, That's all I got for you, O Joe. I wish I could give you something else on yo to hey, so you can seek your teeth into But that's.
Speaker 4: All right, right, right right, I really can't bite it into that what you just told me.
Speaker 5: I came bite into that, because.
Speaker 2: How is it? How is how is he? Like?
Speaker 6: Twenty one turn twenty two?
Speaker 5: Well young you young bully, young man. Yes, young, I'm glad he I'm glad he.
Speaker 2: Paid you, glady bounce back to I'm glad he bounced back to.
Speaker 1: And you know, maybe that situation where he pulled himself out of the gate, he learned, he young, he young, I mean, lets a learned sometimes ohoe, you just keep your mouth shut. Yeah that you you ain't got to share everything with everybody, right right.
Speaker 4: He was a little too honest, look too honest. He was a little too honest to a fault.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it is okay to misspeak the truth if it will say great harm or embarrassment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what else what I need to do offensively? You know he had a shoulder, certain shoulder, certain, he.
Speaker 1: Gotta stop loading that shoulder. Put the bad shoulder again the left. Oh sho, I got it. I need this.
Speaker 5: Foret forget that part that these are design runs.
Speaker 4: They put the RMS weight with design runs obviously trying to take the ball out of his hands and making sure he does doesn't, you know, have any turnovers, and make sure he protects the ball they give him design runs.
Speaker 5: Protect your quarterback a little bit more protectingly, protect them a little bit more. Please.
Speaker 1: But oh joe, if he just if he gets three percent better, Yeah, with the weapons that he has Peers and Pittman Jr. And Ali cox Man, Oh joe, Yeah, because he got weapons. Jonathan Taylor can run the football. They got a solid offensive line. Now it's not as as dominant as it once was, but they're still solid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're still solid.
Speaker 1: Boy, if he just get incrementally better going to the lab and says, I'm gonna get better and throwing this damn football.
Speaker 5: Yeah, being able to touch, being being finessed every ball, every.
Speaker 1: Ball, with that, with that, with that, uh, with that offense, with that offensive west skill, the weapons that he has.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Hey, he can be. He can be. He can be.
Speaker 1: He can be special man, because you see it, you see six but he he six ' four, two fifty five.
Speaker 2: He can run.
Speaker 1: Got a great athletic system. But at the end of the day, you gotta be able to throw the football. The best quarterbacks were probably your least after they're the least athletic players on the f and field.
Speaker 2: Now not.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously you take Vick, can you take guys like Vick and Lamar? But on the average, when you go back and look at all the quarterbacks that have played, the only position they could have played was quarterback. What let me ask you a question, what position you think Tom Brady was gonna play other than quarterback? Peyton, Danny Jeorge, I they gonna play, They play anything but quarterback. Yeah, hey big Probably Big could have been a running back, could have been a dB.
Speaker 2: Same thing with Lamar, could have been running back, could have been a wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most of us play quarterback at some point in time.
Speaker 2: Play wide receiver, play running back, play defeat.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you most of the quarterbacks the only thing they ever played was quarterback.
Speaker 5: Quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Detroit was fired on all celers today, Oh Joe, and they demolished the Jags fifty two to six. The Lions set of franchise records for marginal victory plus forty six total yards, six hundred and forty five first downs, thirty eight, Detroit scored touchdowns on each of its first seven offensive possessions. The Lions are only the third team in the past forty five years to do it. The two are the Patriots, the two thousand and nine Patriots and the two thousand and seven Patriots, a team you might remember when every game they played that season until the Super Bowl. So Jered Goff was twenty four of twenty nine, four hundred and twelve yards, four.
Speaker 2: Touchdowns, zero picks.
Speaker 1: They ran the ball forty three times for one hundred and ninety six yards, and they had four forty They had four hundred and forty nine total passing yards. It took golf out. Herndon Hooker came in. He was three or four. Almond Almanra Saint Brown eleven catches, one sixty one, two tugs, James and William four for one, four touchdown, Jamir Gibbs one catch fifty four yards, Khalif Raymond two catches thirty yards, so forth and so on, and a part of Jenner pair tree.
Speaker 2: Hey, how you stop that man? How you stop? How do you spot like that?
Speaker 4: When you get contributions from everywhere, from your running game, from your passing game, you got two receivers going over one hundred. You can't find a way to stop a Monro, You can't find a way to stop Jameis Williams.
Speaker 5: Then you got to deal with the goddamn running game.
Speaker 4: You got to deal with Montgomery, crazy ass, you got to deal with goddamn Sunk the Hedgehog and Jamiir Gibbs.
Speaker 5: There's nothing you can do. And then defensively they paint.
Speaker 4: Offensively, you got damn Brian Branch, crazy ass and the rest of that goddamn company out there.
Speaker 5: They playing extremely well. I mean, what do you do?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 5: You hang up fifty two. This is the NFL game.
Speaker 4: This is the NFL game against another NFL team, an NFL team that's supposed to be the best of the best.
Speaker 5: I know, I know it's the Jacks. I know it's the Jags. But still, these are the one percentage. These are one percentage in.
Speaker 4: The world where we're displaying our best players that we had to choose from in a draft, in free agency, or however they were acquired.
Speaker 2: They got fifty two.
Speaker 5: Points hung up on them on fifty two.
Speaker 1: You got to force them to turn the ball over. If they don't turn it over the likelihood of you keeping them out of the ends on. Ben Johnson is doing an unbelievable job. Didn't here somewhere? Didn't somebody fire him?
Speaker 2: What was he at?
Speaker 1: Wasn't he at New Orleans? Where was Ben Johnson at? Because this age his first job? I don't think it is his first OC job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, missus john He went with the Coats. At one point on my.
Speaker 1: Tripping, he was at the Saints or was it Carolina? He was with the Dolphins. That's his only job, that's his only stop. Where was he after that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, wow? Where was he before? He was at the Dolphins and he's been with the Lions ever since. The man had five interceptions last week. He had five incompletions this week.
Speaker 4: See you see they You know, you know one thing my grandma always told me, say God has faith.
Speaker 1: Clearly because remember, oh he had a game where he was eight eighteen or eighteen, nineteen or nineteen.
Speaker 4: Damn they're perfect. I think that was so what what what is the what is Jerry Goff's stats?
Speaker 2: Now? That's this thing out of batteries. Put him up as she's getting Jerry Goff's stats right.
Speaker 1: Now Okay, twenty nine and twenty five hundred yards. Well, what do you comes almost in three thousand yards right now? Joe Burrow, Joy, Joe Burrow. I thought Joe crossed three thousand. What I'm saying he got it because I think he was slightly above Lamar and Lamar and Lamar only had like one hundred and something maybe two hundred. But anyway, yeah, Joe, Joe, Joey just crossed. Uh he's at three thousand, He's right at three thousand, or he's slightly over three thousand, right,