Speaker 1: So the schedule just came out.
Speaker 2: Like I said, that was the day that Lebron James decided he was going to announce this contract and just randomly.
Speaker 1: And we talked about this last week.
Speaker 2: And because of the nine to one fiasco last year where I incorrectly forecasted what the Warriors would do, I was asked by Warriors Reddit and Warriors Twitter whether I would do that prediction again.
Speaker 1: So I did. So I was looking through the schedule. I think they're gonna go ten, and oh, I think they're gonna go nine to one.
Speaker 2: Ten and oh, they played Miami, they played Denver, they played Phoenix, and of course they play Sacramento, which will probably be their toughest test.
Speaker 1: I know they've a lot of hype Sacramento, so I think that's the case.
Speaker 2: But then a lot of people are like, Okay, well, they lost Gary Payton the second, they lost Otto Porter, a huge role player there. They lost Bilicha to overseas. They are still getting Wiseman back into the fold. They still need more consistency for Kaminga. It doesn't seem like Kamingo really has his head on straight. But then it's moves like this that make me confident in the Warriors moving forward to their commitment to continue to find uncut jobs and turn them into certified dudes. Every year the warrior's fine value in the draft, and every year we dummies are shocked when they do so. The person that's going to shock us, my prediction is Patrick Baldwin Jor this year.
Speaker 1: If you don't know.
Speaker 2: His story, he's fascinating. At one point, Patrick Baldwin Junior was a lock for the lottery. He was supposed to be that guy. He had offers from every d one school under the sun. Everyone was salivating over him. He decides to turn down Duke and instead choose to play for his dad at UW Milwaukee to rebuild their program. He's a sixth I mean, stupid, very noble, but stupid, but in this case might actually work out, work out in the long term.
Speaker 1: For him, six', nine two thirty. Forward he HAS nba.
Speaker 2: Moves at seventeen years, old he had a train wreck OF i, mean he went TO Uw milwaukee and he was trying to rebuild this team for his father to keep his. Job so you knew it was going to be a, mess but it was even more of a. Mess he sprained his, ankle never really recovered from. That he GOT COVID covid and he performed below, expectations never really came back with any real. Force then he was sent into free fall and the pre draft process looked horrible and he sunk all the way to the bottom of the first round At Summer.
Speaker 1: LEAGUE i, said, oh it's. CRAZY i was.
Speaker 2: Talking TO i want to, say somebody from The warriors. ORGANIZATION i was, like, oh, Yeah Patrick Balwin, junior one hell of a. Pickup kind of sad that he didn't go to duke or one of THESE d one. PROGRAMS i think we could have seen, it how good he could. Be and they, go not sad for. Us he probably wouldn't have been there for us if he would have gone a, Duke so right into the soft hands Of Steve kerr and The Golden State. Warriors Patrick balwin goes INSERT dj collin another. One, yeah as it, Is i'm gonna call HIM pb AND. J that's what he's gonna be known. As just wait for The, welches grape, Juice WELCH'S pbj uncrustable.
Speaker 1: Ad but what we know is That Golden state is one of the few.
Speaker 2: Franchises who has them to invest in a player that they believe that they can contribute even though it's not right.
Speaker 1: Away like listen the best example of.
Speaker 2: That people are gonna hate me for, this but Like James wiseman played three games For, Memphis like we know he wasn't. Ready he was literally seven feet tall in high, school just dominating dudes based on his athleticism and his.
Speaker 1: Size he doesn't want to.
Speaker 2: Play, basketball this, guy he's going to The warrior, system one of the most complex offenses in defensive coverage type. Systems we knew he was gonna be a deer in. Headlights they knew IF i can see, it these smarties can see it.
Speaker 1: Too and they were, like we don't. Care his upside's too.
Speaker 2: Good we have to just take him at number two, overall even though he's played a total of three games For Penny hardaway and they're, like, yeah, project that's fine with. Us So Patrick Baldwin junior is even much less of a project Than James. Wiseman so how the hell does a team that wins a championship still manage to get a lottery quality.
Speaker 1: Pick that's What Golden state, does.
Speaker 2: And they rarely Miss they apparently Love Patrick Baldwin, junior and from what he's already learning about The Golden State, way he might actually end up being The steel of the.
Speaker 1: Draft that is my.
Speaker 2: Prediction people are going to be talking about, him not this, year this, season maybe the following season as a breakout player of the. Year there was a recent article from AN Nbc Bay area writer Where Dalton johnson goes in deep dive into What baldwin has already learned From Golden state in his short time. There first of, all The warriors in the pre draft meeting were floored by how much Film Patrick Baldwin junior. Watches and if you're a casual, fan what you may or may not know is college players they don't watch.
Speaker 1: Film they don't watch any.
Speaker 2: Film they don't that's not even what they really do in terms of their responsibilities as a player for A d one. Team just doesn't really. Happen so he says, This, baldwin as you, know.
Speaker 1: The game has changed a.
Speaker 2: Lot SO i like to Watch Kevin, DURANT i like to Watch Chris, MIDDLETON i like to Watch Jason, tatum But i'm also Watching Otto, Porter Michael Porter. Junior guys THAT i think have roles THAT i could fill, someday and it's just important for me to be multifaceted and learned from. Everyone you can just almost Feel Steve kerr going from six to twelve on this, quote right like you're just, LIKE i love this guy willingness to just be a role, player two way, guy be able to just like get dirty and, gritty like these are The Golden state players that they. Find the fact they Found Auto, porter who by the, way was a max player who took a veteran minimum to play for a championship team and then head back To.
Speaker 1: Toronto this is what they.
Speaker 2: Do they find guys that fit the, system fit the, mentality fit the body, type and then they just. Win they just plug them and play them In Like Otto, porter who was A Swiss army knife helped them win this. Chip that is the guy that Probably baldwin is going to be. Replacing DID i also mention he's nineteen years old only might not even be done.
Speaker 1: Growing he's already almost six' ten seven to. Two wingspan and.
Speaker 2: Although his shot is people are shady about, a shot but.
Speaker 1: People are Shady About jordan poole, shot too AND his kd like release point might, be.
Speaker 2: Unguardable unblockable so if anyone could fix, his shot who you think?
Speaker 1: It Is?
Speaker 2: Steph curry maybe people who's Trained With Steph, golden state you don't think they could like.
Speaker 1: Solve, that.
Speaker 2: Remember Just Like Baldwin, looney pool both late first round picks also. Considered projects now they are, elite starters cornerstones Of the warriors Future and baldwin's own. World onwards this is how little concern they Were with baldwin's subpar twenty seven percent three pointing shooting PERCENTAGE At.
Speaker 1: Uw milwaukee he.
Speaker 2: Was, like yeah they're just trying to tap back into that movement SHOOTING that i wasn't required to Do. At milwaukee you talk about zero point five, decision making getting off the, ball quick making a, quick decision Whether.
Speaker 1: That's, steph curry whether. That's me you just have to make.
Speaker 2: Quick decisions just knowing who to, look locate how to set, good screens just being a complete offensive. Team player this, kid's smart he's ready. To Go, good lord we.
Speaker 1: Want to Talk About. Golden, state ooh you're.
Speaker 2: So lucky you steal Players Like, andrew wiggins but they just keep finding these little, uncut jobs these little needles in, the haystacks and and like.
Speaker 1: At a, certain point you're, Not lucky you're.
Speaker 2: Just good That's Why joe lacub's annoying ass keeps saying that they're light years ahead of. Everyone else IT'S like i can't really shade him because they just continue to do the same thing over and, over again and other teams continue to pass on guys that they have no ability.
Speaker 1: To develop that is.
Speaker 2: A Skill jerry, west said finding value in the late first round is what separates good teams from. Great teams so Let's Let Patrick baldwin junior some out how his rookie year.
Speaker 1: Might go. He SAID once i figure out the.
Speaker 2: Speed of, the game the pace of, the game, defensive concepts, OFFENSIVE concepts i think That's when i'm gonna start.
Speaker 1: To take off.
Speaker 2: THE quicker i can study in the film room and learn from some of the Great players i'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: PLAYING with i think The better i'm gonna be off in.
Speaker 2: The future that's why you gotta put money, on them because at least if, they win.
Speaker 1: You get richer as.
Speaker 2: A result always playing chess while the rest of the league is, playing checkers