Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to the Clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere.
Speaker 3: The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mahler and Danny G Radio Happy NFL Sunday to you.
Speaker 1: It is week eight.
Speaker 3: It started with a dud and absolute dot of a game back on Thursday with the Vikings no show against the Charges. It continues all day today and Danny G. But we're still in the afterglow of the World Series last night as this the mailbag. We will get to the mailbag at some point. But Yoshinobu Yamamoto living up to his contract. You don't get credit down, you know. My theory on this is you don't get extra credit for doing what you're supposed to do when you're the highest paid pitcher in baseball. But it is refreshing that he went out there and pitched a four hitter the second consecutive complete game, first time that's happened in a decade, in the first complete game of the World Series in a decade, and the first time we've had this type of dominance since Kurt Schilling back twenty five or twenty four years ago, way back in the day with the diamondback. So great performance by him and the Dodgers get to win. I guess we'll frame it this way. What stands out from Game two of the World Series other than the obvious the Oceanobu Yamamoto who is dominating on the mound, and Will Smith, who had been kind of up and down, mostly down. Three RBIs at the home run gave him the lead, and the Dodgers are squared up coming back to Dodgers Stadium tomorrow for Game three of the World Series, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 4: First, can we address the trolls who came out in droves.
Speaker 3: If you want to talk about Justin and Cincinnati and some other schmucks like that, that's fine. They all go into hiding when the Dodgers went.
Speaker 1: Isn't it amazing?
Speaker 4: Four days ago there were all these phonies out there dancing on the Dodger's grave as if that was a Game seven victory. Obviously Snell didn't have it. The bullpen yacked all over the mound, which we kind of expected to happen if one of our good starters didn't have what it took to go far enough into the game. Were we super surprised by that? I wasn't. I mean I didn't think they would score eleven runs. But if you told me Snell was going to get into the jams he got into and throw as many pitches as he did, then I would have told you, yeah, he's going to lose that game. But then suddenly everything's quiet. Right last night, those same trolls were missing in action.
Speaker 3: Well, they had things to do, Danny. They cannot be bothered to go online because the life of patrol, you're a coward and you hide. You hide when the outcome you don't like is not there, so go pound send And this even the last the game last night.
Speaker 1: Gosman was pitching great. I mean he was pitching.
Speaker 3: He retired seventeen guys in a row at one point, but Yamamoto better with the twenty.
Speaker 1: But the final twenty batters of the game that he.
Speaker 4: Shows, Yeah, well, he got into trouble early in the game and threw what twenty five pitches first inning, but then he only threw eighty three pitches in the last eight innings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I I've criticized John Smoltz for his obsession with momentum. But one thing we're on the same page with is John went on a rant late in the game about pitch counts and how everyone's obsessed with pitch counts in baseball and it's they're not all the same. And I thought it was nice. I agree with him on that. But Yamamoto, now, this guy in the playoffs. I know it's a sample size. He's only been with the Dodgers a couple of years. This postseason, he's got a one point six to oerer in the twenty twenty five postseason back to back complete games. As we mentioned there, that's chilling. That's Madison Bumgardner type performance this postseason and in October baseball, he's allowed seventeen hits in almost twenty nine innings so far, he's only walked four guys and everything's just absolutely beautiful. But again, this is the highest paid pitcher in baseball.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to pitch like that he is.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows the bullpen blows, and he was a one man band and it was great. It was It was wonderful to see the first guy with multiple complete games in the postseason since Mad Bum back in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: So that was the last time a Dodger's done it since Oral Hirsteizer.
Speaker 1: It's been it's been a minute.
Speaker 3: And so after Game one, the Dodgers definitely needed this the bullpen. I was texting Vass the Enemy of the Overnight Show there about this, and there's a pointing out now. If I was doing Dodger talk, I would just say the Dodgers had one bat inning. They give up nine runs in that one bat inning, but you know it happens. They wrote the vomit comet in that game. And then Yamamoto saving their bacon with you know what that was, Danny. That was a Jerry Lee Lewis performance. Great balls of fire for Yamamoto. He was outstanding, and it was like a fast food combo mill. You gotta have it, one of those gotta have it situations. You know, the Dodgers could have still won the World Series if they'd lost the first two games in Toronto much easier now. You know, went two of three at Dodger Stadium and then you got to win one in Toronto to win the World Series. So you're in really good shape. And that's why you you have the money, the resources to pay the highest paid pitcher in baseball history. And you don't, you know, pay him for April and San Diego or May in San Francisco, or June in Colorado or August in Arizona. It's it's for octobers, for nights like this last night, and it's good.
Speaker 4: Hey, by the way, those cheating Asstros and their alumni. Yeah, I didn't want him to get hit in the head, but I loved how Springer got plunked in that game. Yeah, yes, well, and then he almost got hit in the nuts again the second time, Big Norminal, first in the arm and then almost in the nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a shame.
Speaker 3: You you really just hate to see that. You just hate to you know, because they're playing for a hunk of metal.
Speaker 1: They're playing for a hunk of.
Speaker 4: Cheater.
Speaker 3: Cheata, cheatah, cheetah, cheatah. We're gonna the Dodgers have announced on Monday, tomorrow's game they're gonna take all the trash cans out of Dodger Stadium. So I don't know what Springer is gonna be able to do with that, but I get yes, Yamamoto though, like we I'm so programmed for these guys to puke like Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 1: On big games. And remember David Price was another guy.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, that's why when you started by saying, hey, he gets paid the big dollars, this is hi. But obviously big money and contracts don't guarantee anything. We've seen so many of our favorite players fall on their face in moments where we wish they could have been mister Clutch.
Speaker 1: So I did the malord math on this.
Speaker 3: Danny Ya, I'm a moto in two World Series starts, once against the Yankees last year and now this game against Toronto has a one point one nine ERA in his World Series career.
Speaker 4: As a starter.
Speaker 1: That is that is Ruthian.
Speaker 3: It's not hyperbole, this is well, I guess ruth Of course he was a hitter by the time the Glory Days happened. But and again I want to go back to the pitch count. I thought, you know, Smoltz, I agree with him on that. I ripped Smoltz with the momentum stuff. I agree with the pitch count stuff. I don't care about you know, how many pitches the rest days, all that crap that, you know. If I'm the Dodge and I it's nice that they didn't fall back on the analytics. As I'm telling you, Danny, if that had been a regular season game in June or July, they would have taken him out. He would have been out of the game in the fifth inning or something like that. I mean, I don't know a bunch of cars yet.
Speaker 4: Before the postseason began, he didn't even get to finish that game where he had the no hitter going. Remember, yeah, yeah, you got. All he needed was that last out, and Dave Roberts didn't even give him that. You're one hundred, You're a thousand percent right about that. Throw the stupid analytics or most of them out the window. During the postseason. You gotta go with your gut and your eyeballs when it matters the most.
Speaker 1: You got to ride this guy like secretariat.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: My god, was that's just outstanding.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a machine. I felt like he could have thrown a couple more innings, which is crazy. That's Nolan Ryan like I was great.
Speaker 3: Listen, it was wonderful. Are you ready for some fun facts? Are you prepared for fun facts? Now, Danny about the World Series? Are you prepared for this? No fun fact?
Speaker 1: You're craping fun facts.
Speaker 3: This is the thirteenth consecutive World Series without a sweep. That is the longest streak in baseball history. Were guaranteed of at least five games in the World Series, so all three games obviously Monday and Tuesday were gonna happen, but Wednesday as well at Dodger Stadium, so all three will be played, so at least a five game World Series. This is only the second time this postseason the Blue Jays have been held the one run. They're averaging six point eight runs a game this postseason, so the Dodgers. That's how that's even more impressive. You can say how good the Blue Jays have been playing on offense. And you mentioned Yamamoto since oral Hrscheiser, here's another bonus fun fact. Any Yoshinobu Yamamoto, he retired the twenty consecutive to end the game. Twenty consecutive Toronto batters. That's the most consecutive batters retired by Dodger Pittra in a postseason game since Carl Erskine for the old Brooklyn Dodgers back in nineteen fifty two.
Speaker 1: Who been a minute?
Speaker 3: There you go, It's been been a while and baseball is getting killed for uh the in game For some reason. The Jonas Knox brothers performance there during the during the World Series was not People were like, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Wait, I got a tweet for you about that. That's a love though.
Speaker 3: All right, Jonas Knox's brothers performing in the middle of the world said, what are you doing? Who signed off on that? That's a good idea. Let's press pause the game. We got the Jonas brothers here, boys, We'll get back to the World Series for the Jonas brothers.
Speaker 4: This dude tweeted though during the game, after after Muncie and Will Smith hit their dingers, he tweeted, I think what sparked the Dodgers was that Jonas brothers performance because the pasty Dodgers like Will Smith and Max Munsey.
Speaker 3: Got hyped racist, Yeah, hype.
Speaker 4: They hit him right in the heart, hit some home runs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I did not see my guy Marlin's man behind home play. But did you see who was sitting behind home play a bigger star than marlins man.
Speaker 4: Well that guy with the bet sign.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, not that guy.
Speaker 3: Off to the right there a man who's the one of the great restauranteurs of our time was sitting right there.
Speaker 1: Colonel Sanders. There was a guy did you see, Colonels?
Speaker 3: Yes, the guy, well he's dead, the real Colonel Sanders. But here's the thing. There's an internet conspiracy theory. There was a guy doing cosplay as Colonel Sanders sitting right behind home play at the Wororad series last night.
Speaker 4: And do you think he was just trying out his Halloween costume.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's it's deeper. It's from the shadow realm.
Speaker 4: Danny.
Speaker 3: This is wild.
Speaker 1: So I fell down this rabbit hole. I was like, like, what is that?
Speaker 4: Is this for?
Speaker 3: Like promoting Canadian KFC or something. Well, the theory is it's actually they were trying to curse Yamamoto that there's said to be a Japanese curse, and that's why they dressed the guy's Colonel San behind home plate. And and I didn't know anything about this, And now what I'm about to say, Danny might be completely bull crap, but I read it online, so I'm going to repeat it as the gospel.
Speaker 1: But suppose there's a curse of the Colonel.
Speaker 3: There's a belief in Japanese because Japanese baseball the ghost of Colonel Sanders's cursed cursed the Knepon Baseball League's hashin Tigers for throwing an in store statue of him in a river. So there's a curse from Japanese baseball. I don't know much more than that, but the team struggled for several years aparently after they threw the statue. I don't know how how did you end up throwing a Colonel Sanders statue into a river?
Speaker 4: That you have to be a big time Popeye fan to do that.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm more of a Canes guy. But anyway, well, there it is. That's all I got on the World Series. So cool the Dodgers with the three big Japanese although none of them played for the Hashin Tigers.
Speaker 4: So I like the fact that it's one to one Monday at our network tomorrow. We're gonna hear everybody from Dan Patrick down to Rob Parker, who, by the way, faulted the Dodgers because they heard their performance against the Brewers.
Speaker 3: The Brewers stink.
Speaker 4: When I saw raw, I was like, wrong. The Brewers literally were the best team all year. Yeah, but they stunk when it mattered the most.
Speaker 3: Ah, yeah, I didn't see last night. Who did Rob say? It was so quiet in Toronto you could hear us so?
Speaker 4: And so he doesn't do that until the series is over.
Speaker 3: I thought he did that after Game one, though, I swear I saw him post something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he might have, just because he hates La so much. He hates LA teams and so he's been reaching really badly on the whole Dodgers thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, he likes the weather and he definitely enjoys Joe's the f Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, he loves the women in the weather, but doesn't like any of our teams out here, I understand.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's get to the mailbag and our guy Ohio. How about that tribute yesterday, A great homage to Ohio.
Speaker 4: That was such a good cover of people are Strange.
Speaker 3: That was great, man Ohio al very talented, and I sent that in. I'm so glad we got to feature that on the fifth hour Saturday edition. But let's get into it in Ohio. I'll get me in the mood.
Speaker 4: It's bag.
Speaker 1: All right, very good.
Speaker 3: And the first one up is from Scott, representing the entire state of Florida. Says, Hey, bandon, Danny g what would the mal Or mailbox look like for the real fifth hour? We know Ohio. Al says, it's in the bag, so it's probably not one of those plastic boxes the US Postal Service gives to celebrity radio hosts like yourself who have an overflow of fan Man, if you had a real fifth hour mailbox, what would it be? A burlap bag, a traditional box the kids in the fifties hit with baseball bats, decorated every few months for the US holidays. Or is it just a slot in the Malor mansion front doors? Scott from Florida. Well, my mother, may she rest in peace. She ran a mailing business like mail junk mail, and we used to spend a lot of time I was a kid. We I helped my mom out trying to make a couple extra bucks. So we went to the post office a lot, and we had a lot of bulk mail bags, called them bulk mail, and so we always had those those are like thick government issued bags for mail. I believe Scott the malord mail bag would be that the fifth hour mail bag, which ohiowile, So you know.
Speaker 4: Those white US postal mail crates. Yes, of course we used to jack those and put our Vinyl records in there. Not bad man.
Speaker 3: We had a house full of bulk mail bags, those trays because my mom and she did a lot of us. She was hustling and we had a mom and pop family business and we ran a lot of junk mail. Those flyers you get from realtors and open house this that there used to be a lot back in the day before the Internet. It was insane, as you know Danny, with everything from coupons to you name it that was sent out as junk mail to people for dog In Spookerten writes in he says, hello Bloody Ben and Danny Gool.
Speaker 1: Happy Halloween guys. Well halloweens this week.
Speaker 3: It's not you have to wait oh this Like I said, well, we have a show Friday, which will be Halloween, and then we have yeah, okay, he says, Happy Halloween guys. This won't be a problem for me since I'll be out trick or treating. But do you have any tips for people who don't want kids walking up to their door begging for candy. Is just turning out the lights good enough or do you have to do more to scare them away? Also, is your favorite part of the oath hearing people screw it up? I saw Mike and Tucson struggling with it coming. Yeah, Mike, Mike called us up, Danny this week. His wife was in the hospital and Mike, I guess they had a I didn't know this.
Speaker 1: They have this at the hospital. They had like an open bar apparently the hospital their booze was flowing, and Mike called up.
Speaker 3: He took the oath from his wife's hospital bed, which was the first time we've ever done that, and it was a little tough to repeat some of the words.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that's the highlight.
Speaker 4: The highlight is what hospital is that? I've been to some hospitals before, never any of that fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess they might have a speakeasy there at the hospital in Tucson where Mike's hanging out and his poor wife, you know, she had a kid, I guess by C section and she had some issues some complications from that. So she's in the hospital, Mike's listening to the show, probably forcing her to listen to the show, and then he wants to take the oath he puts her on the air.
Speaker 1: There was a whole bunch of stuff. It was weird.
Speaker 3: Anytime there's a cosmic, there's like a new moon, there's weird stuff that happens. As for the Halloween thing, I'm reminded every Halloween about my dad would never leave his house on Halloween as he got older.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those kids out there, I don't want to drop m going, God, I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was our house house arrest, my dad house arrest on Halloween.
Speaker 4: Every year.
Speaker 3: He would not leave the house, afraid he was gonna run into one of the kids with his car.
Speaker 4: So he just stayed at.
Speaker 1: Home on Halloween.
Speaker 3: And I've noticed, and this is just in my small little bubble that I live in in the north Woods, but the number of trick or cheaters has gone so far down as I remember from like like ten years ago, fifteen years ago, it just feels like there's not as many. Maybe that's just my area, but I just don't see very many. We would buy these giant bags of candy for Halloween, and we'd end.
Speaker 1: Up from Costco.
Speaker 3: It was just like ten pounds of candy we'd give out, maybe less less than a pound, and then we'd all get fat eating all the candy that we got for the kids.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you about those bags of candy this year though. Brenda and I were inside Target a week ago and we were in the row looking at the Halloween candy. The big bag of candy twenty five ninety nine is a rip off, yah, And she she said, I used to get the big bag of candy here at Target for fifteen ninety nine. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Well, you gotta pay those tariffs, my man, you gotta put it.
Speaker 4: I don't know how's going on.
Speaker 3: I mean, they can't. They raised look at fast food of everything is insane.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely insane.
Speaker 4: Andy.
Speaker 3: They'll there's always the case with they'll keep raising the prices, as we've talked about Danny, until there's there is a breaking point. But they're gonna they're gonna toe the line and they're gonna go high as they can, and then then they'll roll it back a little bit and then they'll push it back up.
Speaker 1: That's how they're gonna do it.
Speaker 4: So she said in that aisle, she was standing there and I quote, holy shit, is this Disneyland candy? That's great.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with your wife. I'm right there with her.
Speaker 3: It's it's insane and going out to youat know, I spent most of the week in Vegas, and you know, it was just I mean, I'll rant about that probably when we get around to the podcast later on next week or something like that, but it was.
Speaker 1: It was ridiculous, and I love it.
Speaker 3: I have a love hate relationship with Vegas because I love going there and I'd like the energy and the vibe and all that.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people still go there. The tourism is down, but.
Speaker 3: It's just so it's again something that, Yeah, when you see something one way in life and then as you get older it changes. You'd like it the way it was because it was better the way it was, and uh, because it was cheaper and it was more effective, efficient all that stuff. Anyway, all right, moving on from that, by the way, what is I have a question, this is not a listener question. Had the plans for your your charming lad there, your son Danny any Halloween costume and you can dress him up.
Speaker 1: Does he want to? Does he understand Halloween? Does he want to get dressed up?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So he understands it. And they're reading books to him at the preschool about Halloween, and he says in his little voice, he says, spooky. That's great. And he loves pumpkins. They have two big pumpkins in the classroom. When they first get into the classroom, they're supposed to tap the pumpkins and then sit in their circle for story time. So he wants pumpkins. He got to go to Spirit Halloween a couple of weekends ago, and we got him a Lightning McQueen outfit. Oh sweet, all right, Yeah, it's so into cars right now.
Speaker 1: Oh Stanny?
Speaker 3: All right. Next one up is from our friend Kwang from Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
Speaker 1: It says he's been regular.
Speaker 4: He emails us.
Speaker 3: Pretty much every week. Haven't heard from Reggie. Hopefully Reggie's all right. He's had an email this week. I don't think he's emailing.
Speaker 1: The couple anyway.
Speaker 3: That's not about Kwang does not care about Reggie and Detroit Big Ben, Danny G, Daddy G Radio What kind of drunk are you? And then he lists the four types of drunks which I love. The Ernest Hemingway drunk, named after the famous author, famous author known for holding his liquor. The Hemingway type experience this minimal personality change when intoxicated. The Mary Poppins drunk, named after the aforementioned fictional character Mary Poppins, becomes more.
Speaker 1: Agreeable, more cheerful when they've had a few.
Speaker 3: The nutty professor, and that is the type that represents the classic introvert who transforms into a social butterfly after drinking. And then you've got the mister hyde. And that is the negative change where you become you get those beer muscles, and you.
Speaker 1: Become more angrier, kind of.
Speaker 4: Like liquid courage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, erratic behavior, more aggressive. I'm definitely a bit more of the nutty professor. I think I'm I'm an introvert, so I have a couple of pops, I'll become more more social. I don't think I changed that much. Other people would have to determine that. What kind of drunk are you, Danny, Are you the Ernest Hemingway, the Mary Poppins, the nutty Professor, or the mister Hyde.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm a mix of getting calm and laughing and being easy going. I'll keep to myself, so I'm not out there doing dances on tables or anything like that. But wine tasting with my better half. The very first time we did that, it was so fun because once we got a couple of pops, we were just dying, laughing over And it was during COVID, so there was a lot of things to be amused by. Yeah, yeah, so I think it may. But when I drink too much, Ben, it makes me tired. So people who get like all crazy and all that, I'm I admire them almost because I'm like, how do they not want to go to bed like I'm you know what I mean? I would rather smoke because then you just get some munchies. When you drink too much, you feel like, oh man, let me get back to my house in my bed. I need to go to bed right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I hear you on that. I'm not angry. I think I'm the nutty professor and not Mary Poppins. I'm definitely not Mary Poppins. I thank you quang either way.
Speaker 4: At the meat and greets, do you drink a little bit fire or at the beginning of the event, Yeah.
Speaker 1: The thing is it's weird about the meat gresse.
Speaker 3: I usually don't eat at them because I feel bad because people spent their time, so I don't do a lot eating.
Speaker 1: I will I'll have drinks. People usually buy me drinks.
Speaker 3: What happy you guys want to buy me a beer or whatever, which is cool, that's awesome you want to be And sometimes I'll turn it down, but I usually I'll accept a couple of them and then kind of get that going a little bit. Kevin and Kansas has Big Ben and Danny g the other day and by the way, Danny, before I I would do a complete recap. I was on the morning show on Kfan. They invited me Friday morning to go on their their morning show, which is insane. We were at a bar at New York, New York. It was packed at four in the morning.
Speaker 4: I saw your post on social media about this.
Speaker 3: It was I've never seen anything like it. And all these people flew in from Minnesota to Vegas. It wasn't in Minnesota, it was in Vegas. So I went over there thinking and I'll get into it on the on the Friday Pop Pro recap my trip to Vegas.
Speaker 1: But I thought there would be like maybe two people there. Oh, this will be a piece of cake.
Speaker 4: Just don't know. It was a party train and we already know. What do we know about Vegas and especially Allegiant Stadium. Oh my god, that's the weekend to go travel to Vegas and see your team play there.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing about it was they were the Vikings were in La and a lot of these people drove. I'm telling you, a lot of these people went to the game. The Vikings didn't show up against the Rams on Thursday night. They then know, they left Sofi Stateium at nine o'clock, drove all night or not all night, but you know.
Speaker 1: It takes four or five hours to get to Vegas.
Speaker 3: And then they went and did watch the radio show from It started at three am. I got there at four and went all the way till we got done. I was on till I left at seven the show ended.
Speaker 4: So that's one of the reasons we love radio so much. The dedicated listeners. Yeah, it's so cool. Yeah, that station is next level. They love that station.
Speaker 3: In Minnesota more than they love the Vikings. I'm telling you it's wild. Anyway, Kevin and Kansas says dear Ben and Danny G. The other day, I was driving through Englewood, Texas, just as you were mentioning in the hood in Inglewood and up to no good? Does your area look anything like this? And you sent me a photo here of southwest Kansas. How many people in LA would like to attend a game here? Well, I would definitely feel safer in e N G L e Wood, Kansas leaving than I would at so far.
Speaker 1: Actually, no, SOFI is not that bad.
Speaker 3: You just gotta keep your windows up, don't make eye contact with anyone. You're in good shape. You're fine, nothing to worry about. People leave you alone. As long as you don't make eye contact, you're fine. But it looks like a nice big time. I see the water tower there, Kevin, very impressive water tower.
Speaker 1: Good job by you.
Speaker 3: Al from Memory Lane says, greetings, gentlemen, do you ever feel like we're being punked or living in the matrix? As a follow up to my former neighbors hosting a cat parade, we moved to the next parade, a corgy parade. Can an alien o Pliner catch a break now that the cat people have flaunted their pussies? Of course, he meant pussy Willow in my former hometown. It appears that the Findley Fanatic East Coast chapter has dropped.
Speaker 1: Anchor in my old neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those Corgy people, Danny Man, I mean Brian Brian Fenley are colleague back in the day at Fox. That guy Holy can only man that that Corgy That was manh Yeah, that was next level.
Speaker 4: There's some peanut butter licking going on there.
Speaker 3: Hello, hello Daddy Barry in South Carolina. Right, since says yo Yo, Ma Benny and my man Danny g. This is a not a sport of question. It's not a sport of question. Rather, it is an entertainment conspiracy theory tied to the NFL that I would like to get your thoughts on.
Speaker 1: Here it goes.
Speaker 3: We know the NFL would like to have Taylor Swift perform at the halftime Super Bowl show, but have had no success and offered this year's halftime show to Bad Bunny so they can get Taylor Swift for this year. But they he says, I can't get Taylor Swift for this year, but they can get her on TV often during this year's Super Bowl if or if fiance is having happened to be playing in the game, Barry says, because she will be there and they can cut to her often. So the NFL has an interest in having Taylor Swift at the game, and the way to do that is to make sure that the Chiefs get to the super Bowl. And I think the invisible hand of the NFL, through the referees are doing, are going to rather going to do all they can to make sure that Kansas City wins and gets to the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I mean, no penalties in the game against the Lions.
Speaker 3: Come on, what are your thoughts on my conspiracy theory, Danny, I'll I feel like this is a batting practice fastball for a Raider fan, So go ahead, Danny, take it.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Do you think normally I would not buy into this sort of thing because I'm not the sort of fan it's like, Oh, it's the referees fault. No, it's your team's fault because they stink. And yes, as much as the Raiders stink this season. Watching the first quarter of that Raider Chiefs game, Ben I was scratching my head during a lot of that first quarter because every time the Raiders had a gain on offense, it got called back, and even the announcers that was a phantom call right there because they called a holding to bring like a twelve yard run back. They couldn't find the hold. And there's something to this. I'm not the type to say this is going to get them all the way to the super Bowl, but very lopsided.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm amazed that you can have officials not make a call. If I was a refee, these guys make We had the number twelve grand per game or something like that. These officials, if you're getting paid that money, don't you have to make some calls Because they're paying for you to fly to the game, to stay at a hotel.
Speaker 1: They're paying you twelve.
Speaker 4: Grand, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's like, we're this weird thing where you have to make some penalty calls.
Speaker 1: You could have every game.
Speaker 3: I would be a lot more enjoyable if you just left the referees's background noise and they didn't meddle with the game and let's just have him played.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I agree. If there's something egregious that affects the play, all it every time. But if it's something way far away from the ball and it's something very minor, and it's something that's not affecting the game. Day off your damn whistle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you on that.
Speaker 3: He also says, my man Barry who put together helped us put together the Great Malard Meet and Greet in Charleston, South Carolina. He says, I am still here. I took my house off the market, he says, in September, waiting for the housing market to get better, meaning next few months, he thinks, lower interest rates, etc. And we'll relist in January.
Speaker 1: Hopefully there you go. All right, good luck to you on that. Let's hope those interest rates come down.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, Lucky Tony Wrights and says, on the twenty seventeen pod, I says, hey, bandon Dany G. On the twenty seventeen pod, you mentioned Lemming and on Thursday show you said Lemmings walking off a cliff. I'm guessing that's Yiddish, he says, what's the definition, what's the spelling? Well, you could not be further from the truth there, Lucky Tony, he says. Bears, he says, and mister G, do you have words for from your.
Speaker 1: Youth that you still use?
Speaker 3: Ravens twenty seven Bears nineteen. That's lucky Tony, he says, Bears. So it's not Yiddish. I'll answer my part first, and then you can answer the phrases you have from your youth. The myth of lemmings is a phrase. It actually started from the Disney film White Wilderness. Insert racist drop right here in nineteen fifty eight Disney film White Wilderness, and this became part of the lexicon after that film. It had it was staged lemmings, which is an animal migrations, and the film depicted lemmings falling off cliffs into the sea, one after another.
Speaker 1: And so the phrase.
Speaker 3: Lemmings and you know, one Acalan lockstep and all that stuff walking off a cliff is from that Dizzy movie. And it was the belief that they committed mass suicide because they were just one after another, right to their demise. It turns out those scientists have determined that's bullshit. Lemmings do not actually commit mass suicide. Rather, they migrate in large numbers during population booms, which can lead to occasional mistakes because you know, there are lemmings and anyway, it's a myth from a Disney movie, and that's how that went, what about phrases from your youth, Danny, phrases from your youth?
Speaker 4: I don't know about phrases. How about slang?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll take slag like you know the.
Speaker 4: Parts of California I'm from. If I was in agreement with you, like you said we're going to record Sunday morning at five am, I'd say I bet, and kids say bet again. That's slang that's come back, a lot of hip hop type slang, but no phrases.
Speaker 3: No, all right, thank you, ton. I love Lucky Tone, one of my favorite callers on the show. He's short, he gets right to the point. I wish he wouldn't curse as much, but he's very entertaining as a college Steve from Long Island rights in. He says, Joe Dog and e Dogg need to go to the dog pound.
Speaker 1: I'll let those get well.
Speaker 3: One of those guys doesn't call anymore, and then Steve says, did you see the story bandon Danny G?
Speaker 1: I think this sums up the modern dating scene.
Speaker 3: He says, there's a study out said nearly one third of gen Z's singles are going on dates just for free food. Of course, that would be the women who are going on dates. A one third going on dates for free food. A Girl's got to eat the headline on this story. I don't think this is new, Danny. I know when I was dating, I'm pretty sure that maybe half the women I dated didn't really give a crap about me, but did want a nice meal. So I don't think this is new. I think this is just something that's always kind of in there. You know, it's one of the advantages you have as a woman. You know, you're most likely I assume it's still going on today.
Speaker 1: The chivalry.
Speaker 3: You guys feel like they have to buy the food for the woman and all that.
Speaker 4: So and the opposite is almost worse though. Let me tell you a quick little story. When I was out there on the Tinderoni circuit, Okay, I took a date to Wood Ranch. As you know, they're oh they're barbecue sauce, especially their ribs, and there the bread. They have these rolls that are amazing. So she orders. I think she got like a chicken rib combo, yum me. She was barely touching. She was into our conversation. She was into me, but to the point where she just wanted to gab and talk and blab. She wasn't eating at least, you know, pack that up. Let's take that home. That's going to be a great reheated meal tomorrow. Sure. When the waiter came over and said, do you want a box for that, she said no, I'm good. Oh it's terrible as he took and I you know, and what's the move. No, I'll pack that up for me. I'll take that. Now, looking back, I should have said that.
Speaker 1: I would have done that.
Speaker 3: I'd be you know, on second, but I think my dog would like that or something like.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: But it caught it caught me off guard though, and by the time I wanted to say something, he was already off with her plate. Yeah, well I couldn't. I just couldn't get past it.
Speaker 2: Ben.
Speaker 4: It ruined the rest of the night for me. I couldn't get over it.
Speaker 1: That is a tough one.
Speaker 4: Well, I'd rather have a woman that was eating the food.
Speaker 1: Oh, I agree.
Speaker 4: I had.
Speaker 3: There were two types of win when I was dating that we dealt with. We had the one that would I felt like it was just using me for a free meal and had no interest in me at all. The other was the I called the bait and switch woman, the woman that when you're the.
Speaker 1: First couple of dates, she eats like a bird. You know what I'm saying, Danny.
Speaker 4: And then after a.
Speaker 3: Couple of dates, all of a sudden she's like, all right, I'm going for it now.
Speaker 1: So she gives you that. It's the fake opening that all I mean, just be who you are. You don't need a fake open.
Speaker 4: Yeah. You know, by the way, that tender date that was the second date where because the first date was just a drink. I wish I made the second date a drink again, out of place, because that's the go to move. Do a drink and if that goes well, then you can progress to dinner. Don't ever start with a dinner first. Don't ever do that.
Speaker 3: See look at that Tinderoni tips from Danny g We're returning Tinderoni tips. I'll do a couple more and get out of here. I got football to watch today. Stew from Duluth rights in. He says, Hey, Ben, loved hearing you on the Power Trip Morning show on Friday with the guys. Any chance you return here to Minnesota for a Mallard.
Speaker 4: Meet and greet.
Speaker 3: I would love to come back to Minnesota. Stew I was telling the guys how much I loved Lake Minnetonka and my trip to Minnesota when I was there a couple years ago, and they were pointing out that that was during the summer. To get the full Minnesota experience, I have to go in the winter, which I'm not sure I'm ready for. But I would love to come back ste and see your fine state again. So if anybody wants to put that together, that was thrown kind of together a lot through Regina, spin Cycle Regina and whatnot, but I would love to come back.
Speaker 1: And hang out.
Speaker 3: It was great, and I was amazed how many people were at that meet and greet that were fans of the Overnight show. They get up early, a lot of people working in factories in Minnesota whatever making pepsi. There were the guys that make pepsi in the bottling plant there that say they listened all night. So it was it was really cool Stu to be there. I had a great experience. It was good for my ego, which is great. I don't know if I need that from my ego. Kevin in Seattle Wright since says, hey band and Danny g how many of your callers are affected by this. Ben, an Ohio lawmaker, has proposed a ban on marrying AI systems. Okay, do we really need a.
Speaker 4: Ban on that? I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: About that one last one.
Speaker 3: Tim from Georgia says cracker Bill has reverted to its traditional cooking methods trying to get customers back.
Speaker 1: Tim wants to know will this work.
Speaker 3: Well. I don't go to cracker Barell regularly, Tim, so I don't know the difference per se. Last time I was there, it was not as good. I'll let you know next time I go back.
Speaker 1: I did see that. Danny G.
Speaker 3: Crackerveare lost five hundred and forty five million dollars over their logo change. They estimate five hundred and forty five million because they changed logos. Holy crap, that's expensive.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's some expensive food to step in.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's that's well. As Clay likes to say, you go woke, you go broke.
Speaker 3: I guess all right, Well they're not broke, but that's not a great decision.
Speaker 1: We'll get out on that, Danny.
Speaker 3: I will be back tonight in the Magic Radio box breaking down all these NFL games. My rams have the week off. The Vikings took the week off because they they didn't play. The Raiders took last week off as well, and this week off.
Speaker 4: So yeah, two weeks, two weeks in a row back.
Speaker 1: Nobody don't get two buys in a row, but.
Speaker 4: They although the referees helped them take first quarter off.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, come that You'll be on normal week for you, nanny, Yes or no?
Speaker 4: Maybe normal week for Covino and Ritzel. See five to seven pm on the East Coast Monday through Friday, and that means two to four pm on the west side. And beautiful Inglewood, California. Smoke weed every.
Speaker 3: Day in the hood in Inglewood and up to no good. Yeah, all right, well, have a wonderful restaurant. I'll be on tonight. Don't forget Benny versus the Penny. If you really want to laugh, go back and watch it after the games skick off and see see how bad the picks were, how good the picks were. And that's on YouTube, Benny Vspenny, Benny Vspenny on YouTube. Have a wonderful rest of your Sunday. Here we love you, We thank you for listening. You're supporting the podcast. You're the greatest.
Speaker 4: You rock.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you next time.
Speaker 4: Later. Skater got a murder. I gotta go.