Speaker 1: The second date of date.
Speaker 2: I'll admit I'm no dating expert, even though Brooke describes me as a chiseled god of romance.
Speaker 1: I said that I don't know everything.
Speaker 3: I've never thought it.
Speaker 1: When you just say it. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: One thing that I would argue is kind of important though, for a good date is you should probably be in the same room or at least the same building as them for most of the night your date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what, our.
Speaker 3: Virtual date's not a thing anymore.
Speaker 1: Not counting the virtual stuff.
Speaker 2: And apparently that did not happen for one of our listeners, Mike, who lost track of his lady somewhere along the way.
Speaker 1: Now, Mike, don't feel bad.
Speaker 2: Even romance gods like ourselves make mistakes sometimes, right, Bud, that's true for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please tell me you were like a huge party or something and that's why you couldn't find her, right like he just didn't find the restaurant.
Speaker 3: Doesn't sound good.
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't like that at all.
Speaker 6: I mean, I meant the car online.
Speaker 3: You know what's her name? I'm sorry, the car car?
Speaker 1: The car?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I thought you were buying a car and that's a cool, unique name. So you said you meant the car online on like a dating app.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she posted something that she wanted to go to a you know, for Halloween and stuff like a horn in half because she wanted to scream.
Speaker 3: Now this makes sense.
Speaker 5: I thought it was cute if I said, well, listen, I'll make.
Speaker 6: You scream and I'll take you to the hearted house.
Speaker 1: Oh all right.
Speaker 3: Well that this right off the bat on Tinder. But that's okay.
Speaker 1: It depends on alady. You do your thing, bromance, God, you got this man?
Speaker 6: I did? I did put the lo O L in good and she thought it was funny.
Speaker 5: Got a date okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: So we go out and to tell you it was like a normal, pretty good day. If we grabbed some drinks.
Speaker 3: Oh you did beforehand. That's good. That's a good plan.
Speaker 2: You know, usually drinks after the date is over to erase all the memories of the terrible things that during and after.
Speaker 3: I'm drunk when I show up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my husband's especially if you're planning to go to a haunted house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I mean, what did you guys talk about?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, the normal stuff, talked about our families, and you're also talked about Halloween memories and that's cute.
Speaker 1: Dude, You're probably only person in the line. That's thankful.
Speaker 2: There's a long line because you have time.
Speaker 1: You know, usually walked in.
Speaker 4: And well they were, they're at drinks when they're having these conversations.
Speaker 5: I think, you know, it was great that we had drinks because we are able to make a reservation the time.
Speaker 1: It all out, so you didn't have to wait.
Speaker 2: Classy haunted house if they only take reservations, but we don't accept walkins.
Speaker 3: Like you have to book a slot.
Speaker 4: Yea too, I mean, and that's like, I feel like you were dialed in on this date. I would be impressed as a woman, like, you've got drinks handled, you have the time slot available, you.
Speaker 1: Can drink and you can keep time. You've won over Brook already. Tell us how the Haunted house went.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I have been to a haunted house in a very long time, and here's the thing. So we get into this place and I gotta be honest with you, it was like way more scarier than I thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're scared, right, They're not like the ones of our childhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where it's like a cardboard room. Have you one yes, this stupid shows fourth we.
Speaker 3: Need to make him.
Speaker 1: How did you handle the tightened level of scariness.
Speaker 5: Well, I got scared, I don't know two or three times, and I actually screamed. I mean the thing jumped out.
Speaker 6: Of nowhere and I screamed.
Speaker 2: And then wait, honkey, masculine scream.
Speaker 3: It's more fun if both people are into it. Yeah, I mean, what was her reaction to you? I mean she was screaming too, right, like a little bit.
Speaker 5: But I'll be honest with you, there was a couple of times, but I was definitely screaming more.
Speaker 1: But you were the scared one.
Speaker 5: The crazy thing was we ended up in this room and it was all kinds of strobe lights. Fog comes in next to you know, like she's gone.
Speaker 6: She's like, not with me anymore.
Speaker 5: What I'm like, where did she go? I thought maybe she went through the door before I did and she didn't see It's why I gotta go into the next room and she's not there.
Speaker 3: Are you yelling her name?
Speaker 4: I mean it's hard to hear in those places because it's so loud, and you can't like go backwards because there's so many people.
Speaker 2: Are the haunted houses that elaborate now where they like set you up on a date and then they have your date mysteriously vanished in the middle of the haunted pool.
Speaker 3: Wait, it's a real life GHO scene.
Speaker 1: Yes, this place is elaborate.
Speaker 4: I mean I could see where it'd be easy to lose someone, Like I've been separated from people in those places because it's dark, you.
Speaker 3: Drop your phone and you have to find it or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've done that.
Speaker 6: Well you see, that's what I thought, but it catch even works for me.
Speaker 1: I get outside and.
Speaker 6: She's still gone.
Speaker 5: I don't like ask get around to like people that worked there, and I.
Speaker 3: Thought she'd be waiting at the exit for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like back in the parking lot, like I just went to the car and yeah, listen, I waited forty five minutes the outside of it. Then I get a text from her and it just says got an uber, And I was like, oh, kind of weird.
Speaker 1: So she left.
Speaker 4: Maybe she was waiting somewhere else and got mad that you didn't find her, Like it's like, if you're waiting for forty five minutes, that's all I would text is like, gott uber thanks a lot.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, so I typed in't but wait, I didn't even make you stream yet, continuing that joke. Okay, okay, nothing no text BacT.
Speaker 1: You guys can't even talk in a haunted house.
Speaker 6: There's not like anything change.
Speaker 1: Well, you mentioned maybe.
Speaker 3: She didn't like him before she went in. You know what I mean? We don't know. I mean he thinks that things were going well.
Speaker 2: Or is it possible because you mentioned like the screaming on your end, Brooke, is it a deal breaker if your guide date screams louder and more often than you.
Speaker 3: No, I like it.
Speaker 1: You're you're turned on by by.
Speaker 4: A scared I like him to cry too, No, honestly, like like my dad is one of the toughest guys I know, and like he would scream louder.
Speaker 2: Third, to bring up your dad during a dating second you're taking us.
Speaker 1: Down a weird path. Please leave your family out of one second date. Please.
Speaker 2: When we call this woman Dakar and ask her what happened at the house, don't don't talk to me like you talk to your dad. We're gonna do this right after this.
Speaker 1: Hold on second date update.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us, we're in the middle of a Halloween theme. Second date update with one of our listeners, Mike, who took a woman named Dakar to a haunted house recently lost track of her halfway through. He just turned around in a strobe light room and suddenly she was gone.
Speaker 1: Who wasn't waiting for him at the exit.
Speaker 2: He couldn't find her anywhere, and then forty five minutes later got a text saying she had.
Speaker 1: Gotten uber home and that was her last communication to a very happy text. Has not been responding.
Speaker 2: And Mike, how long ago did this happen that you guys were at the haunted house together?
Speaker 6: It was about a week ago, so.
Speaker 4: Not not enough time for a missing person's report.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's too late for a missing person. Yeah, we know she's I've heard forty hours long.
Speaker 7: I'm gone for a week.
Speaker 3: Wait a while for you.
Speaker 2: We have no clue why she wouldn't be responding or what happened. What are some of the theories that we have about this, Jose, do you think is there anything in your head? Well, we didn't ask, and this isn't very like a proper question asked, but does she have a d D?
Speaker 1: Because I have add.
Speaker 3: There's like shiny mirror a mirror.
Speaker 1: Yell, a collar, and she could have just left.
Speaker 5: The wrong door.
Speaker 1: Did she seem easily distracted Mike.
Speaker 5: I don't think so. That's why I was like shocked. I thought she just she went out of the different doors.
Speaker 3: Here's a better question. Were any of the zombies super hot?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe she sing she liked better in the corner here.
Speaker 2: I always got to keep an eye out for those attractive circus workers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to make sure you go to the ugly.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, just keep that in mind. Hopefully we can get you another date with the car if she picks up though.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with the car.
Speaker 6: Yeah, who's this?
Speaker 1: We're the show?
Speaker 3: What we don't know this person? I'm sorry, I apologize.
Speaker 1: Hey, sorry.
Speaker 2: We're a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: I was waiting, man, that was a bad welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I'll turn out to talk.
Speaker 1: Are you wait?
Speaker 5: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: It's okay. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: We do this segment called a second Date Update, where we try to help our listeners if they get ghosted after a date or in your case.
Speaker 1: In the middle of a date, and they don't know why, then they.
Speaker 2: Can reach out to us for a little bit of help in figuring out the answers.
Speaker 7: Okay, so why are you calling me.
Speaker 2: Because you went out with a guy named Mike is having like a week ago when you went to a haunted house and he lost track of you in the middle of it.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, that was a close call.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 7: I don't know if I should like say anything.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, we'll have a good day. This is how it works on the show. The people who call us agree beforehand to hear whatever the reason might be, even if it's embarrassing or whatever it is. It's just he's totally in the dark for what happened.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean it kind of started when we were having during I don't know if he told you, but we did some drinks before the main date was just like a haunted house.
Speaker 4: So it did start before you went to the haunted house where you were getting some sort of weird vibes or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I'm sitting there having drinks and like, he looked so familiar to me, and I'm just racking my brain we're talking about just you know.
Speaker 4: Because of the picture online, Like you're like, whoa, he actually looks like his profile.
Speaker 7: I mean, he did look a little bit different in person than he did online. And I don't think I would have gone out with him had I seen this.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's what she means.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's not the problem. Wasn't like what he looked. It was like the night or two before. I was watching the news and there was this police sketch of a guy who was doing really lude and you know, horrible things and haunted houses.
Speaker 3: Like a flasher like that type of thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, catch looks like him in person, not like him online.
Speaker 2: Just real quick, the sketch doesn't look like me or anything, right, I just want to make sure they.
Speaker 3: Didn't catch you.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, that's not funny. That would be so free.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you look up on your phone while he was sitting there to see if you're like, because sometimes your memory can play tricks with you or something.
Speaker 7: You know, I will excuse myself to go to the bathroom and then you know, I can't be one hundred per cent sure because it is a police sketch. But I was just like, I'm not gonna take any chances.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you're not gonna take any chances, why would you go into the haunted house with it?
Speaker 1: Why didn't you leave at the drinks?
Speaker 7: In my brain, I was like, oh my god, a hot house. It's gonna be dark, there's gonna corners. I can slip out at some point.
Speaker 1: But now you're bringing the criminal to the place.
Speaker 3: A minute though, before we jump on the like, this is the guy.
Speaker 4: He told us he hadn't been to a haunted house in years, and he was actually worried that he was screaming so loud.
Speaker 3: And that's why because like, remember he was so scared.
Speaker 7: Well, like I said, I couldn't be one hundred percent sure, Ok, a lot like him, and I just followed my instincts and I knocked out. You're in like a fog machine.
Speaker 1: I see, all right, So you left in the middle of the day.
Speaker 3: You call the police, did you the car?
Speaker 2: There's two sides to every story. You should at least hear Mike's version of what does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that feels that.
Speaker 6: God, are you serious?
Speaker 2: Because Mike is on the other line right now wanting to talk to you close on I assume.
Speaker 4: I mean honestly, Like, if we had known, we would have not said this up.
Speaker 1: He's not convicted, even if he is the guy.
Speaker 3: Comfortable and it's probably not even him.
Speaker 1: We don't know. Mike, Are you the guy? Are you the flasher?
Speaker 6: What are you guys talking about?
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, be honest.
Speaker 3: He didn't say no, I was a perfect gentleman.
Speaker 5: We had a nice conversation over drinks.
Speaker 6: I didn't do any other I was getting it put in the morning.
Speaker 7: Yes, you they lure you in the perfect.
Speaker 3: Streakers, aren't gentlemen?
Speaker 4: Was a guy doing it on dates to you though? Or just randomly haunted houses?
Speaker 6: Like I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a good question, Like we should ask him about it, Mike, are you doing this on dates?
Speaker 1: Or do you just save it for special nights?
Speaker 5: No, I've never been arrested in my entire life for any arrested.
Speaker 3: That's why.
Speaker 1: Loose.
Speaker 6: I've never been charged. I've never been arrested.
Speaker 7: Do you go in hanted houses exposing yourself? You haven't answered the question.
Speaker 6: I've never exposed myself to anybody. You got to be kidding me.
Speaker 2: I do think we have to jump to Mike's defense here, you're making a big assumption about a guy based on a police sketch.
Speaker 1: It's not even an actual photo.
Speaker 4: He would be a really, really dumb criminal if he came on a radio station. Ye, public, there are dumb criminals out there. We cover those in a different segment called Laser Stories.
Speaker 2: But well, so the only fair thing to do is have Mike stand in a police lineup of a bunch of other creepy looking guys and you maybe and.
Speaker 1: Take his clothes off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well we get to the bottle, we'll solve a crime and hopefully get another date out of it, because that's the whole goal here.
Speaker 5: To Caryah, I'm taking a beating here.
Speaker 6: This islous.
Speaker 4: Because we don't think it just John w Do you guys remember his scream joke that he put at the end last text, like she thought that he was in a police sketch, And he's like.
Speaker 1: Oh, have you even made you scream yet?
Speaker 6: House I then screaming a good way.
Speaker 7: You guys, you're out of your mind.
Speaker 5: This is completely ridiculous. Don't even bother asking about the second date. How I'd be afraid to get near this woman?
Speaker 2: Well, we don't even have to ask you're already going to meet the car down at the police station and getting.
Speaker 1: That line up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I will get I will get that lineup.
Speaker 3: Wow, he'll see the police line up for you.
Speaker 2: That's a first for our show, for this segment. For sure, the lineup, most people get arrested immediately. So I'd be willing to give him a chance if I were you to car. But the choice is yours. We'll send you guys out on a date and pay for it if you want.
Speaker 3: To middle of the day, very public place.
Speaker 7: Yeah, listen, as long as you don't want a trench coat.
Speaker 1: Wait for real, you're actually going to agree to this to car.
Speaker 7: I mean, you guys said you were going to pay for it, we might as well. And then I'll bring the sketch. And then our waitress does it look like him?
Speaker 3: Everybody thinks they're on a murder podcast right now.
Speaker 1: I swear you know what I'll go.
Speaker 6: I'll go on the date, just so I have something to tell my friend.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Mike.
Speaker 2: Maybe if the date goes well, YouTube will end up at the courthouse and then you can get married and they can put you behind bars, and once you're found to.
Speaker 3: Be the right person, and you have your photographs done because the monk shots a.
Speaker 1: Hallmark call us idea rook Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Man, when you look back on your life and think about all time worst first dates, getting mistaken for a serial flasher has got to be up there at least top five.
Speaker 3: You're getting busted as a flasher.
Speaker 1: I'm so concerned about that. I didn't think about that one. If he was like, yes, so what, Yeah, I love you. I mean, we're sure he's not that guy.
Speaker 4: On the radio.
Speaker 3: If he was, it's reverse psychology, you know what I mean. And he's like doing the most to be that's a thing.
Speaker 6: That's a real thing.
Speaker 2: Well, luckily the police lineup should sort everything out for us. But the good news is we pulled through for Mike and got him a second date.
Speaker 3: He kept his pants on the entire time he is.
Speaker 2: It's a good reminder don't judge a man by what's under his trench coat, but by what's in his heart.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a bumper sticker, Jeffy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're also allowed to judge the trench go. Yeah, it sounds sweet.
Speaker 2: But if you need some help with your dating life, you can always email the show, we'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey