Speaker 1: I have typed you diabetes, but I manage it well.
Speaker 2: It's a little kill with a big story to tell.
Speaker 1: I take one's daily j audience at each day starts.
Speaker 2: It was easy to see I'm the worry bye he once see.
Speaker 1: Man, that's just that's catchy, right, Like I've talked about this before. I know, welcome back. It's a brand new episode. This is laugh with Me and Podcast with Jeremy Odeman. I'm your host, Jail. It's a Friday happy hour, baby. Uh, I'm just gonna cut right to the chase here. I've had a couple of Friday bruis.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's the weekend, baby, and that's when does the weekend start? Does the weekend start when you're off work Friday? Does it start when you wake up? Hold on a sid that commercial, it's they make it seem like, you know, if you take Jardian's you are going not only going to lower your A one C, which I am a firm believer in doing so, lower A one C help your your healthy living right, look out for your body, look out for sugar levels. Is that that's what it is?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Isn't it helping? Like the levels? I'm not a doctor. But I do know if you watch these commercials, god, they look like they're having a blast. Right, I'm at that point. And you guys you know this, if you if you listen to the show often, you know I've got Crohn's disease. I'm at that point where I'm trying every man. They've got advertised on TV. You've watched it, if you watch football, You've seen the drugs I'm taking and then through a few of them, and Jardian's not one of them. But the commercial strikes me. They're having a blast. Everybody's having fun. Some of the other commercials hume Era, that's one that you may see commercials of. But the point is they look like they're having a blast. Some of these drugs, and I've talked about this on the pod before. Some of these drugs are not are not fun to take. And then how you feel after the fact, Okay, how you feel after you've taken them certainly not fun either. They make it seem like if you were to take these meds, you know there's a shot that uh, you know, maybe you know, maybe you're gonna you're gonna love life a little bit more, You're gonna be able to ride roller coasters. You're going to picnics. You're smiling a lot. I had smiled in weeks. I'm gonna revoked currently. So I went from the I was talking about, how you know they're not the fun to take. The injections I would take once a week. I've never been a big needle guy at all. Didn't like flu shots, any of the amusations, which I did take, Okay, immunization folks, I did take them, mainly, didn't have a choice. It was a kid, what do you want me to do? And as I got older, I had to take them because I now am like susceptible to other things. They're like, you gotta take this. They gotta take this because you're gonna get sick because you're taking these other meds that make it even worse for you. That all makes sense to me. So I take I do go and get the munizations, but the injections, I'd have to stick myself once a week and uh count to fifteen and put the medicine you know in me. That kind of sucked. I'm gonna be honest with you. It wasn't fun at all. Did ride any roller coasters after never once went on a picnic. Fact, I couldn't even tell you the last time I was on a picnic of any kind, or even the last time I sat at a picnic table. I love a picnic table. Eh, boo boo, Thanks Johnny. That's for the older folks. I don't know how many young young listeners even know you'll get bare. But anyways, the point of this whole discussion is it about my medications at all. Actually, the the game has changed in UH and advertising and marketing. And I'm sitting here, I'm enjoying a Friday beer. I'm trying not to think about pizza. I'm trying to not think about gas stations. I'm trying to not think about selling stuff in order to keep a paycheck coming in. Right, Okay, I'm just sitting here thinking, I'm enjoying a summer shandy line and cool hit me up. And I'm thinking about these commercials because I'm like, they just look like they're having a blast. And then as I'm thinking about these commercials, this commercial pops.
Speaker 2: Up as having no time and no cash is a line from the past, because.
Speaker 1: Getting you to go to college, but I did it and now I do.
Speaker 2: Choline is how I'm kinda bay your tell and your CAP's a mind. From the fast chapters of mine.
Speaker 1: Side, it was do the fasts fun, you know, financial assistance, you know, like go to go to college. They had a pop punk song do the Fast Father to say, come on, let us loan you money go to school. Sounded so awesome. It wasn't awesome. I'll tell you when I had to pay it all back at the end. That's that's where marketing is at now. It used to be, you know, the the drug companies, they were coming up with fun, catchy, exciting ways to sell you the meds that you were gonna you were gonna need, or at least you're gonna be told you need. And then the doctors are gonna be like, I don't know if you've heard of this Jardians, And then yeah, actually I can uh sing a little ditty about it, you know, like they you know about Jardians before the doctor even mentions it, right, because you've got the lower reading my it. Well, see like you've got it in your head. That's no way to sell meds. That's no way to sell Madison to help you. Now marketing has said, okay, that worked. We're selling immense amounts of drugs at high levels. We're convincing people that these are the meds you need based on these catchy commercials. We are now going to sell you on college fund loans with this really catchy fafts fuck commercial. Johnny. We have solved all of your holiday shopping stress your needs because the holidays will sneak up fast, but it's not too early to get your shopping done and actually have fun with it. Uncommon Goods makes holidays shopping stress free and joyful with thousands of one of the kind gifts you can't find anywhere else. Uncommon Goods looks for products that are high quality, unique and often handmade or made in the United States. Many are crafted by you, independent artists and small businesses, and because they're made in small batches, they are the best fines. But they can sell out fast. Johnny. What I found here, and I'm telling you, Johnny right now, if you use a promo code, I'm gonna tell you that in here in a second, this is what I want for Christmas? Okay. Uncommon Goods has recycled skateboard display stands, so it looks like a skateboard. It just sit on your desk, sit on the bookshelf. I can put my laptop on it. I can work on the show, Johnny, I could be working. I could do your job. Frankly, and uh, look like I got a little skateboard. I got a little skateboard to work off of, which you know I love. I love. Even though I'm getting older, I too love a good skate But this recycled skateboard is so cool. And it's just one of the many unique items that you can find on Uncommon Goods. It has something for everyone, from moms and dads to kids and teens. From book lovers, history buffs, eric talking about you and diehard football fans to foodies, mixologists and avid gardeners, you'll find thousands of new gift ideas that you won't find anywhere else. When you shop at Uncommon Goods, you're supporting artists and small independent businesses. Many of their handk after products are made in small batches, so shot now before set. They sell out this holiday season, and with every purchase you make at Uncommon Goods, they give back one dollar to a nonprofit partner of your choice. They've donated more than three million dollars to date, so shop early, have fun, and cross some names off your list. To day get fifteen percent off your next gift. Go to Uncommon Goods dot com slash laugh with me. That's uncommon Goods dot com slash laugh with me for fifteen percent off. Don't miss out on this limited time offer Uncommon Goods. We are all out of the ordinary. Johnny, if you haven't told everybody this is how you're doing your holiday shopping, you really missed the boat. I mean, that's what That's why I told my family it's such a good salt.
Speaker 2: Get that, sir, because.
Speaker 1: That would have been more hyped about school loans if I had this champ. This is where we're going.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: No longer are marketing agencies like being creative and coming up with innovative ways to And some of you might be saying, no, Jeremy, you're dead wrong. This is innovative. No, it's not. It's the lonely Island, weird Al Yankovic way to sell goods. This is no way to sell you on loan. Get like getting a loan for money to have a future. That this this is sounding they're trying to make it sound cool to get to be stuck in these bank loans years after you're done with school, who's gonna be singing that jam? Year eight after college you're still paying it back or you're getting those phone calls being like, hey, we didn't get your payment, Like, who's gonna still be singing that jam? Oh, it's stuck in my head, Like I just that's where marketing is. I swear if Burger King this football season comes out with a punk rock way to say that you're eating healthy by going to Burger King, I'm gonna know we've lost it because that's just not true.
Speaker 2: Just like.
Speaker 1: FAFSA is making it faster. This ain't it y'all. We need some creative we need some creative marketing back. It's like, you know how, there's like no new that they say in Hollywood. There's no new ideas anymore. Like that's why they're you know snow White, right They Disney they're just remaking all their classic cartoon movies and they're creating live versions of them. Like that's the new creative now is to just remake something. We're gonna remake the classics, that's all. That's all this is with the FAFSVA, they're just doing different versions of the drug company jingles, and they were good. What's next? You know we're gonna be doing uh pop like boy band gonna be dancing talking about uh driving safe on New Year's Eve? Like that's like, there's gonna be different jink like that. It's just a different ripoff after ripoff? Where's the fun ideas? Where's the next hangover? That was a fun movie, not lot, not the actual hangover. Nobody's looking for that right now? That goes tomorrow morning? Oh man, fast fuzz making it faster. I feel like, is it easy to get a marketing degree? Now? Is that? Is that the deal? Is it not? Because if these are the kinds of ideas that are making I'm just I'm curious, what are the ones that didn't make it? It is catchy college. I'm imagining like my show gets flagged for copyright because I keep playing this commercial and then like most of the audio the entire episode, is it gonna be listening, it's not gonna be audible. That actually might be funny because then you guys were like, what what is he sitting there listening to? Like, what's what's he laughing at? There's nothing here, There's nothing here. You guys, when you guys hang out and try to, you know, chill from a long week at work, you guys listen to fast foot commercials, right and uh, Jardians, that's what I That's what I do on a Friday happy hour. I mean, what else do you want to do? That's what you should want to do. A man, we hit a new peak position on the charts iTunes. I can't thank you guys enough. Anybody who's listening on iTunes, thank you so so much. We hit forty fourth the top fifty in the United States. From Johnny and I just want to say thank you so much for listening. If any of you are subscribing or following, thank you. And if you're not, come on, hit that button. It really doesn't take anything to do other than a little push of the button. Plus, if you do that, it makes it faster to get the new episodes.
Speaker 2: They no cat.
Speaker 1: Subscribed, making it faster get the new episode. I love to sing in the shower. I'm learning real quick. Singing in the studio not it for me. I could hear it in my headphones. I'm aware of folks. The singing is not good on my end. But this chick what other commercials are out there that like with these jingles and they're not really jingles other than remakes of things that are happening to the audience. I need to know. I need to collect them all like.
Speaker 2: Goods.
Speaker 1: Time for another, for another beer. This has been the Friday Happy Hour. Thank you for listening.