Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock mover's report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenoveck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: So we got to go to the bell of the ball. SpaceX today making history largest IPO ever, historic seventy five billion dollar IPO dream more than three hundred and fifty billion in demand from institutions and retail investors, although not everybody got what they wanted in terms of exposure there. This according to People Familiar, made elon the first trillionaire. Did you look at rich Go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it hasn't been updated yet. It just pulled it up, but he's still a nine hundred and seventy.
Speaker 1: Billion, so equal to seven Warren Buffetts. According to Top Live.
Speaker 3: Nice, there's some perspective for you, right, all right. The stock though at its highs today thirty percent to the upside at a hundred and seventy six a year, but that's not where it closed. It closed with a nineteen percent gain stock closing it one sixty one eleven a share, so one hundred and sixty one dollars eleven cents a share company market cap. I'm just going to quick pull it up. I think it stayed above two trillion dollars, but that's where we saw it. Yeah, two point one trillion at the close here, So it'll be a fun one to watch throughout the rest of this year.
Speaker 1: I would also like to point out the stock is still going, you know, meaning they're trying to settle all these trades here and it's still even here. So obviously incremental mods but stale training.
Speaker 3: No, that's a really good point here.
Speaker 4: I can't get don't they know what time things close?
Speaker 1: Money never sleeps, so thering.
Speaker 3: Problems with my gop and gipo functions right now, so maybe you just can't keep up. Intel is another gainer I wanted to point out, continuing its climb. It gained more than nine percent yesterday, another six and a half percent to the upside today. It was a top gainer in the Nasdaq one hundred and also the S and P five hundred. That stock folks up about twenty five percent this week alone. We know the news yesterday a double upgrade to a buy, but it just continues to attract investors in terms of the trade stuck up about two hundred and thirty five percent year to date. So I just wanted to throw that one in there, and then Roku that was a late ad. Thank you very much, Finley for throwing that in for me. Stock up about twenty percent here at the close, Roku said to be in talk to sell itself, with discussions being held that with at least one US media company about a potential combination. No final decision has been made, and it may ultimately not lead to a sale, according to those in the know, but nonetheless definitely a standout in today's session.
Speaker 4: Okay, you've got the gainers, I got the decliners. It wasn't just SpaceX that moved in today's session.
Speaker 2: A lot of.
Speaker 4: SpaceX stock, A lot of Space stocks, I should say, moved lower today. Seven percent of the downside for the procure Space ETF. In fact, if you look inside that ETF, it's been down really since the beginning of the day. Virgin Galactic, which has been on a tarfel thirty two percent, Momentous down twenty seven percent, five Fly Aerospace down nineteen percent, Ast space Mobile down fifteen and a half percent. Thirty four stocks in there were lower, fourteen were higher. So the momentum going into this was that a lot of these stocks did go up. But the decline in space related stock really underscores how speculative the space business remains. Some investors shifting attention to SpaceX instead of smaller companies in the industry.
Speaker 1: I was actually a little surprised by this. I know, it's just one day, and this could obviously change a lot over the next few days and weeks, but I would think that just with SpaceX arrival, that would actually brought Now.
Speaker 4: Well, do you think let's say, let's say you were a big believer in space, yeah, and you in the future of space, maybe you shifted some of your assets from these companies to SpaceX.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's perhaps a little and some people are going to look at SpaceX as the proxy for yeah it all and you know, the same way people look at video as the proxy for everything in the AI did or.
Speaker 4: Maybe those people wanted to buy a piece of Twitter that remember is now the tiny pe you had to go there of SpaceX, I had to go there the company formerly known as Twitter. Let's go to.
Speaker 1: Today, by the way, speaking of which, not the digrect ahead, I reactivated my Instagram account. I haven't posted anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a beef with Zuckerberg for a while. We settled it.
Speaker 4: Do you follow us all on Instagram?
Speaker 1: Or what's the plan? I literally like reactivated in the limo ride in to work today.
Speaker 2: All right, But.
Speaker 1: When I'm back in the helicopter on the.
Speaker 4: Way to thank you, let's talk software. I want to go to the I Shares Expanded Tech Software ets.
Speaker 1: Is Katie rifle Worth following one? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I'm very fun. I post a lot of jokes. See if she makes the close friends list. That's the question, right segue, that's the question. You might not see anything from Katie. That ETF l today by about two tenths of one percent. This actually extended a recent slump that's put the software sector on track for its longest losing streak in about two decades, it felt today, and it's the stocks ninth straight negative session, its longest such streak going back to a nine day drop that ended going back to two thousand and six, So pretty substantial here. It's a proxy for the software industry, which guys gets me to my final decline?
Speaker 1: Can I just point out though, and I know, Adobe was obviously the poster child.
Speaker 4: That's where I'm going.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, sorry, oh.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, Adobe shares took a hit today, Patience. It's okay.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: Editorially, you just send me a memo as to that what you're going to talk about literally in.
Speaker 4: The chat, I know, but that everybody has access to you. But that's okay. Busy on the company. We covered this l yesterday it said it's CFO would depart, leaving a leadership vacuum. Following the CEO's announce resignation, shares of Adobe today we're down throughout the day today. They end up settling lower by about six point eight percent. The quarterly results and outlooks are pastoralist expectations, but it really was the personnel stuff the CFO announcement that overshadowed the results and led to the slide and shares today.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Apple car Play and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App
Speaker 3: Mhm