Speaker 1: Wake Up, Wake Up in the man and.
Speaker 2: It's turn the radio and the dogs on Timelady Lunchbox more getting too Steve Bread, it's trying to put you through Buck He's running this week's next bit.
Speaker 1: The Bobby's on the box.
Speaker 3: So you know what this.
Speaker 1: The Bobby ball a new pole. Looked at the top things we'd grab if we had to evacuate in two to five minutes. Something's happened at the house. I gotta evacuate. I got the top ten things we grab, ten answers on the board. We're gonna turn it into a Bobby feud. What's the first thing you grab? House on fire?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: People aren't this? Oh you're not grabbing humans because that's obviously the easy answer. All right, Eddie, you want the dice backstage?
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, here we go. I want to start strong with pets. Grab your dog.
Speaker 1: I don't think anything living is I just said nothing living? Are you people? That is ridiculous? Okay, Wow, you all have pets? Yeah I did.
Speaker 6: That's okay though.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't even guess it though, because he said no living.
Speaker 1: Thank you, he didn't stop. Thank you, Thanks for thank you very much. Okay, furry kids. Kids, got it now?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Gosh, computer, show me your computer. That's number seven? Wow? Seven? Your laptop is your number seven? Okay? Yeah, because it's like computers aren't really a thing. They are still a thing, but they're not a thing as much anymore. Like oh yeah, all right, maybe from old school. You are old school for sure. Thanks, phone, show me phone number one? Answer? Oh man?
Speaker 8: Okay, Photos, videos, family stuff that's not digitized.
Speaker 1: Like family photo albums number five. So far you got phone, family photo albums, and laptop. Ten things Americans grab. If there's an emergency, you gotta go someone else.
Speaker 7: Wallet, show your wallet?
Speaker 1: Good your wallet or your person number two and all those? Hey you guess your gerbil? Why don't they go pets first?
Speaker 8: I mean I'm saying, I'm saying jewelry because like for me, that's stuff that I aerit it from my mom.
Speaker 6: Like special people jewelry.
Speaker 1: Okay, Amy, with fifteen points in round one, lunch blocks over to you. Yeah, there's still six answers on the board.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got it. Go ahead. How are you gonna make that getaway if you don't have.
Speaker 1: The car keys? Show me that?
Speaker 7: Are you robbing a place the getaway.
Speaker 1: Fire.
Speaker 7: Get your car out of the driveway, get it out of the garage.
Speaker 1: No, I know they get away.
Speaker 9: No, no car keys. Now we're going to round two. Points are doubled. Crazy, I had left. I'm the only one left on my list. So I'm gonna go with shoes. Show me shoes.
Speaker 1: What your number? Eight? Answered? Sixteen points of shoes. That's what I'm talking about. I'm in trouble. Okay, let's go with legal documents. Show me legal documents.
Speaker 7: What number three?
Speaker 1: Important documents like passport, social Security cards? Okay, okay, I got nothing. Now there are four answers left on the board. Top ten things Americans grabbing an emergency number one, your phone, number two, your wallet or purse number three, important documents, number five, family photo albums, number seven, your laptop number eight, your shoes. This sounds dumb, but I feel like I would try to grab a TV. Is it black Friday?
Speaker 10: Or is it right?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Just take the TV off the walls, show me a tv. Amy over to you. Point still double shoes are on there.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go close, show.
Speaker 7: Me close.
Speaker 1: Extra close and number six twelve point Amy takes a lead. Three left, call you what would you grab?
Speaker 6: Oh, snacks, show me.
Speaker 1: Dude, snacks just because number ten answers. No one is grabbing the guy with zero points. Grab my spare pair of shoes, go ahead, not spare par He made me one pair of shoes.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm worried about Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Okay, your.
Speaker 1: Memorabilia, memorabilia, all right, points are double. There are only two answers left lunchbox, and he has forty seven points. Yeah, so if you get both these, you still can't win. I'm gonna grab the refrigerator. Okay, he's pointing. He's trying to get all read yep eddie, you need some points here, they're only two left. A new pole. Looked at the top. Things we grabbed if we had to evacuate. Number one was your phone. Number ten was food or snacks. Two left.
Speaker 5: I mean, if snacks is on there, and you gotta grab a bottle of something, let's go with your alcohol. Grab a bottle of whiskey before you run out.
Speaker 1: I would You're such an idiot. Go ahead, Amy, that's good.
Speaker 3: Amy.
Speaker 1: You gotta take the car. You can win this. Still, No, you can't. He's got nothing in there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're right, I have nothing either.
Speaker 1: I mean, but you know what, they ain't gonna have it.
Speaker 7: Do you want to say it out loud?
Speaker 4: Nope, you could grab but this may be where your documents are, but you have cash in there.
Speaker 1: You grab the safe. That's what I thought.
Speaker 7: You grab the safe.
Speaker 1: Man, the safe burn No, I don't know. I don't have a leave a safe in burning place. I think, right, yeah, the motion fireproof show me safe? I mean on flood fills, though I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know, I do, I don't know anything about that.
Speaker 6: Can we just guess?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 6: For fun?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or gun? You got zombies and you're you say art, Yeah? How about drugs in water? Eddie? When you said something to drink and then you've been whiskey like you literally could have won it. You're like, I'm gonna be thirsty, so I need to get something to drink. I'm gonna go with vodka. Yeah, water at nine and forscription medications of food. So drugs would have worked. I thought drugs. I don't know. I have to look at the team to give me that prescription drug.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: No, but I think you meant drug drugs, well, I did, but it would have both worked.
Speaker 4: I think I would like people that have been in a fire in their house to call in and say if they grabbed water when they ran out.
Speaker 1: I mean, but it doesn't have to be It could be somebody robbing you this. It could be an emergency.
Speaker 7: So if so much robbing you, let me know if you grabbed water on your way out.
Speaker 1: You're angry because you got no points. You got no point forty seven. Amy is a winner. Time for the news Bobby's. The FBI released its annual crime statistics, and those stats showed them murders in the US dropped eleven point six percent in the last year. The murderway had been up up, up for the first time, and it was the largest drop since the agency started collecting data.
Speaker 10: We like that.
Speaker 1: We like less murders, don't we, Guys, Yes, we can all agree on less murders is good. So I saw data like that. When it comes to drinking, according to the Clinical Psychological Science Journal, men have more fun drinking than women do. Researchers wanted to see if alcoholic beverages really left the spirits of groups of people, and it turns out they do. In groups of men, consuming alcoholic beverages makes the whole group happier. Alcohol did not have the same effect on mixed groups men and women or women only groups, and made them more combative and at times arguing debate things interesting. So all men, they're all together, they're all drinking. It's a party men and women or just women. Not always just a party.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they get caddy and they get crying. They women.
Speaker 4: I'm saying women, Like, if you go out, like if you go to some men fight, I understand that I find it.
Speaker 1: But if you go to like like six Street and about women though, if I'm being.
Speaker 4: Honest, you you walk out out of the bars are clothes, and you're gonna see a bunch.
Speaker 7: Of women on the curb crying.
Speaker 1: Guys are just stupid and we don't need much to make us stupider. And that's all we need. A couple drinks. Drinks. Uh, I thought that was funny. I don't. Yeah, I don't. I don't drink. I'd like to know what it feels like sometimes.
Speaker 7: And it's fun.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. I have a lot of fun with it.
Speaker 6: It's not ever a downer for y'all down about it.
Speaker 11: Alcohol is a downer, you mean a stimulant, Okay, so make me tired. She's saying how it affects the body, not nude, what it feels like when you're drunk.
Speaker 4: No, No, you just read the study. It makes guys happy, it makes women sad.
Speaker 1: When you're drunk. Is it blurry a little bit?
Speaker 7: Sometimes?
Speaker 1: It's like really because I took a knee to the head once in high school football and I saw three yard markers, right, I missed it. There's a pint. I ended up not catching the pine. Dude, crush me. Took a knee to the head. It's the only time I ever felt like I might have had a concussion. But I don't think I had a concussion. But I saw three yard markers. That's the closest I've ever been to being drunk. Oh, dude, that's wasted. That's not last Like you're gone, or like when you're watching a Jean Club bandam movie like Hit the One in the Middle, Rocky or Rocky whatever. What does you drunk feel like? Man?
Speaker 4: Like one time I was in Vegas and I couldn't tell that what chips I was playing with, Like I'm just playing.
Speaker 7: I think I'm playing five dollar chips.
Speaker 6: Drunk.
Speaker 1: That's like, that's okay, that big colors.
Speaker 7: You couldn't tell the colors.
Speaker 1: I'm sober and I can't tell color.
Speaker 7: No, I know, but I'm telling you. I was like, oh, yeah, I'm just playing, you know what I mean? Five dollar chips and they weren't five dollar chips.
Speaker 5: The big level drunk you can't even see your steps, like you're looking at the ground.
Speaker 1: You're like, this is crazy. You feel them, but it's not when they're hitting and you think you're walking straight, you're not and you're not. So what's low level drunk like that? What's what's it feel like when you just not whatever you guys call a buzz, but like when you first are drunk, what is low level drunk? Like everything's easier, Like, you know, that's what I want. You make people laugh. I want to relax.
Speaker 6: You think they're laughing. Okay, you're just more confident.
Speaker 1: I think that's what it is, because I'm not always laughing when these guys are drunk, I get annoyed.
Speaker 7: Sometimes you're not because you're Yeah, it's sober.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I didn't notice that terrifying moment. A kayaker desperately uses the paddle to fend off a shark. When the hammerhead starts circling that this is a kayaker who's on this little deal, and then just it just starts that just starts popping. The shark was identified as a hammerhead, the same type of shark they think attacked a woman recently. Maybe not the same shark, but there's an issue with these types of sharks in this area. But no, it shows the kayaker in the little boat and the shark you can see as clear as day. You can even see the fin like on jaws. You can see the fin out of the water and you just see.
Speaker 4: The that's something that's going to stick with them for the rest was life. Yeah, because I've had that experience.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's yeah. Yeah you haven't. No, were you drunk?
Speaker 4: No, I was in a paddle boat with my cousin off the coast of Georgia when it got bit.
Speaker 6: Good point, Bobby.
Speaker 8: He's probably a normal fishing shark.
Speaker 1: Yes, did you do anything because you said it took a chunk of the boat. Why would the shark eat the paddle boat was trying to get us? It was drunk? Maybe? Yeah, I don't know. A six year old boy abducted from California in nineteen fifty one, is found safe on the East Coast after a seventy year search. Now he's not a boy anymore, but the six year old boy was abducted. I don't understand what had been crazy was if he's still that six year old boy, that would be really crazy. It's like the Airplane TV show. Yeah, they land like twenty years later. Yeah, that's what kind of sucked. But interesting idea after a few episodes. Yeah. California family seventy year search for a kidnapped relative ended after an online DNA test finally put them on the right track to the other end of the country. Luis Albino, a retired firefighter and Vietnam War veteran living on the East Coast, was kidnapped from a park in Oakland, California, nineteen fifty one. He was six years old. His family continued to hold that hope for seven decades. They did not specify where on the East Coast he lives. His niece stumbled across her long lost ken after taking an online DNA test just for fun. The test showed a twenty two percent match with a complete stranger who would turn out once she tracked them down to be the kid who's now an old man. The FBI helped arrange for Lewis and his family to come to California for the long awaited reunion. They don't give any more details this from the New York Post about who took them, why that he was taken.
Speaker 6: Whoever took him probably isn't even living anymore.
Speaker 1: I would agree, and also didn't tell right he Probably he didn't know he was kidnapped. Could have been another relative.
Speaker 7: No he, I mean he knew he was taken, if I read the story right.
Speaker 4: Him and his brother were at the park and a lady with the bandana said that she had ice cream or candy.
Speaker 1: He remember this part. I did this my story, and so he went with her and then he was gone. But then he never thought about it again.
Speaker 7: I don't think he knew how to track da.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he was then six, and like they interviewed, They interrogated the brother like three different times because they thought the brother did something to him, and the brother's like, no, I saw a woman with a bandana on lore like take my brother to the car, and she got him and then took him across the country.
Speaker 1: I guess I just wonder, like thirty years.
Speaker 7: Later, it doesn't he or maybe he blocked it out of his head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think so sad.
Speaker 6: Yes, there could be a lot of things as brain did to try to protect him from uh.
Speaker 1: Speaking of brains. Doctors are worried about a combat sport that we I think all the guys here I don't think we pursue it to watch, but we'll watch it when it comes up on TikTok and algorithms called slap fighting. Oh it's so dumb.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: They would slap each other so hard.
Speaker 7: I showed my wife it and she was like, why why do people do that?
Speaker 1: I think Dana White bought it right? Yeah, yeah, yeah, you have seen together. He's huge.
Speaker 7: I mean he's huge.
Speaker 4: These dudes are massive, and they just stand there and they get slap and they get knocked out, and then they get back up and they slap the guy back.
Speaker 5: But then some people don't get knocked out, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they go down and they count him one too. Like I watched Page whatever in a woman's slap fight and she's she was a UFC fighter and the woman slapped her. She just smiled at her, and then she popped the other woman, and then when it goes down to a knee and gets back up. I don't like watching it, but I watch it. Sure of course doctors are warning about slap fighting. What duh?
Speaker 7: How do you get into that?
Speaker 1: I think you go, I want to be a slap fighter.
Speaker 4: But like, can you train your face to like take a slap?
Speaker 1: Oh? You mean you need to take a bunch of slap You probably just compete and get stronger. You have to train before you walk up there and take a hit. But it's like yeah, yeah, yeah, but I'm saying you probably have to like slap, have people slap you hard, like if me and you did it to train you for another match. No, right now I'm training. You're just getting hit. Here is allowed. Defenders cannot duck to avoid blows. Even flinching is banned. Yeah yeah you can even No I don't because if you flinch it takes away some of the impact, like if you pull your head back. Dang. That slap fightings wild. Do you ever watch them getting the phone booth to fight each other? No phone booth fighting, So it's like UFC, but they put them in a phone booth and so you're right on each other. That sounds nuts. It's crazy. My algorithm rarely goes to fighting. I'll get some slat fighting. But the phone booth stuff is.
Speaker 6: That's why people doing it for fun or that's a real thing.
Speaker 1: They could pete they fight.
Speaker 6: We are in what country?
Speaker 1: I think this is like Russia or something. Definitely not America. I don't know that it's all not in America. But there's just nowhere to go in phone booth fighting. Yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: No, is there an actual phone in there?
Speaker 1: I don't think you can call for help.
Speaker 7: It's not like them over the head with the phone.
Speaker 1: Don't even say that's Russia. Yeah, it's this when we're watching not Oh yeah, get them. Oh there's nowhere to go.
Speaker 7: That is awesome.
Speaker 1: But they have enough room to throw a punch, which is if you put your back against the wall and you reach your arms all the way out, there's probably another twelve inches if you do that. Yeah, the whole size.
Speaker 7: Oh yerl knocking the crap out of each other. This is awesome. My turn your computer more?
Speaker 1: All right? This is from the New York Post Australia. Listen to this moment. So she last year decided her goal in twenty twenty three was asleep with three out of sixty five people. What and so now for this year twenty twenty four, her goal is six hundred people's that's awesome almost. Australia's most sexually active woman has shared an update on her bid to do that. She decided to level up six hundred this year. What that sounds like? Work though? Now I know?
Speaker 7: No, hey, she makes videos?
Speaker 1: No, right, she does?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she does that.
Speaker 3: She's like an only raction platform. Oh person, Okay, I don't know. That's pretty crazy. And she said people yell at her like I beg, your parents are proud of you? And she says they say they are. They're just glad I'm living my true life.
Speaker 1: I don't know what number she's on right now.
Speaker 7: I think it was like four hundred and thirty five.
Speaker 1: He knows everything. That's the news. Thank you. Bobby's Stories, Lunchbox lost to bet. He's got to go to thunder down Under. It's an all male review show. He's got to go for two nights. Just remember this. Oh yeah, thunder down Under. The guys, I think they getting their little drawers and they dance around ladies for them probably go yeah. So he's trying to get out of it because he says he has a reck Soccer League match game, which you shouldn't have gotten in the bet. He shouldn't have bet if you couldn't do it. So what do you want to play for us? Here?
Speaker 7: This is proof.
Speaker 4: I called one of my teammates to show you guys how important I am to the team. We have a doubleheader on Wednesday night, so that means tomorrow, right yeah, yeah, okay, go ahead. And so that's what I'm saying is that we need to, you know, kick the can move this down the road, because my soccer team will be lost without me.
Speaker 1: Did you tell them you made the bet? Though? No I did.
Speaker 7: I told him I made a bet and I lost and I have to go to this thing.
Speaker 1: But how long is the call? Ray? Not long?
Speaker 7: Minute?
Speaker 1: See? Okay, go ahead and hit it.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hey, what's up dude?
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up? Money?
Speaker 7: Hey man?
Speaker 4: I just wanted to let you know I got bad news. I'm not gonna be able to be at the game on Wednesday.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, I'm I'm stuck.
Speaker 4: I gotta do this thing for work. I have to I'm supposed to go to Thunder down Under. But I tried to explain them I got a soccer game, but they said I have to miss it.
Speaker 7: That's unfortunate, all right.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like I got the jerseys, so I mean, I know it's kind of a big deal that I'm missing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we'll just wear blue. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But like I don't know, like the team, like the cohesion and the sub patterns. I don't know if you guys are gonna know, like who's going to bring the skill level up?
Speaker 7: Since I'm not going to be there, I'm sure to be all right, We'll be good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, all right, now hey now say like, hey, man, dude, we don't know how we're gonna win without you.
Speaker 7: Like I really think work should let you off.
Speaker 4: Okay, uh, I think I'm just worried that the team's gonna fall apart without me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean, I don't know how we're gonna do without you.
Speaker 10: You are kind of like the leader out there, and it's gonna be pretty rough to not be able to get the cohesion without you.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're definitely the lightning rod of the team.
Speaker 7: All right, man, Well, yeah, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm gonna miss but hopefully work will hear this and they'll, you know, tell me I can come to the game and I can miss thunder down Under.
Speaker 7: All Right, dude, take it easy.
Speaker 1: I can appreciate you playing the whole thing for us and not just the second part. Was that on purpose with an accident?
Speaker 6: Apparently it was supposed to be the second part?
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh, Scuba was supposed to be.
Speaker 1: I thought Lunchbox was playing the whole thing. He was like being honest.
Speaker 12: He's like, I got audio on your folder and I heard that in there where he was trying to make me edit that out to make it seem like he was needed for the team.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, that's fine now. I thought he was like being forthcoming and truthful that I don't really have to go to my soccer game. No, no, no, you didn't know that we're gonna leave this.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 7: I watched Scuba through the glass window, going like, what are you doing?
Speaker 10: So are we?
Speaker 1: Are we good on him going tomorronight?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, we're going. The team clearly doesn't need him. They got there, They already got in jerseys and orange slices. Feeling chocks just being super honest there, and I was like, oh cool, this is a funny bit, Like he's actually showing us that they don't need him. It's funny. So you'll be going tomorrow night.
Speaker 6: But they can wear the blue ones. It's all good man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the soccer thing, You're not gonna convince herself. But you what time is the show? Thunder Down under h He has to get there a little early. I think around six six? Was it meet and greet? What's going on? Six? You act like you could off work at five, dude, we have a morning show. It's like he acts like he's got to convince his boss to be able to leave at five on Wednesdays.
Speaker 7: The show doesn't start to like seven. I don't need to be there in an hour early.
Speaker 1: There's some pre festivities that are happening.
Speaker 6: Yes, is it like meat a gry but right a little different.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 12: He's going, so it's gonna be him and there's a plus one and something. I was gonna ask Morgan if she wants to go because she's single now and needs someone to like collect some evidence and photos and video and stuff.
Speaker 1: Morgan or Abby yeah or single?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not going. No, Man six is way too to go to the meet and greet. Okay, So how do we want to do this? So he's gonna go Wednesday? Do we want the update on Thursday? Does he have to go Thursday night as well? Because he lost? Okay, so we'll get the update on Thursday. Then he goes on Thursday as well? Yes, yeah, okay, okay? Good stuff? Good stuff, man, so really good stuff. Hey, you want to hear something funny? Amy?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 1: Do you know the head football coach at Taxa A and M no coach Joko?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, So he's coming on our show twenty five whistles And he asked if you were going to be a part of the interview. He literally just was like, Amy goingna a part of the interview? Okay, and you're not. But I was like, do you want me to eat? Wait? So you don't know him? That's why I was like, does he know Amy? I mean he went to Texas A and M. Why would he asked that? But he literally asked that. He said, is Amy going to be doing the interview?
Speaker 6: Well we're on Aggie ninety six?
Speaker 1: No, yes, correct, But I didn't know if you But all of us are. I didn't know if you knew him with Texas A and m not that. How old is he? He's not old, Ammy, he's on a meet and greet.
Speaker 6: Did he go to Ambo three?
Speaker 1: He coached there before he came back as the head coach, but I don't think. I don't know if he went there or not. Mike, can you give me that info?
Speaker 6: And elco and need his bio? Maybe I know his wife or something.
Speaker 1: He literally asked, is he married? I don't know how he got over it yet, but uh, yeah, he's from he graduated with it from Penn with the bachelor's in history in ninety nine.
Speaker 6: You didn't know anybody from Penn State.
Speaker 1: No, Penn the Ivy League school. Oh, Pennsylvan okay, any he asked about you.
Speaker 6: That's what do we do about it?
Speaker 1: Nothing? What do you mean? Oh? Maybe Amy wants to do the interview and we don't do anything about it because we're doing it in the afternoon. Oh yeah, unless you want to come over into the house and do the interview, you can. But that that's it all right? Hit it robing, Kentucky. What's up, buddy?
Speaker 10: What's going on? Man?
Speaker 1: How you doing doing pretty good. Thank you for Colin. What do you want to say?
Speaker 10: Oh no, I was just a comment on a lunch box was a little ordeal about it's a bet in su.
Speaker 1: Hurry m yeah, thunder down under tomorrow night the way.
Speaker 10: How are you all doing?
Speaker 1: We're doing pretty good? Yeah morning, Yeah, thank you very much. So what do you want to say to lunchbox about thunder down under? Where these dudes are gonna be practically naked.
Speaker 10: I volunteered to be a coach one time. I would not the coach, but the assistant coach. Well as in the first game he never showed back up again. So I catched. I coached these kids all the whole time, you know. And uh so the last game was coming up and it was on the fan fair fan fare place where I was going to play the wild or salut, and I was like, man, what do I do? So I got the dad all the dads together and it's not like losing the bet, but it's like something I had to do. So I caught. I talked to them. I was like, can you all just you saw us all year? Can you just coach these kids for the last game? And they all it's like, man, you gotta do what you gotta do. It's not like losing the bet, but still the same. I did what I had to do.
Speaker 1: You're saying he has an obligation. He committed by making a bet and losing the bet. Now he has an obligation so to do what he has to do.
Speaker 10: Right exactly.
Speaker 4: It sounds like he is saying, I have an obligation to go to my soccer game because I made commitment to them.
Speaker 7: You gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: I think you should do what you gotta do regardless, and then the consequences either way will affect you. May mean, if you miss your game, what are the consequences, maybe your team loses the doubleheader? Uh, you go play the game you missed under down under? What are the consequences there? It'll be far worse than that. Those we can effect.
Speaker 7: Oh my, but I can always go to thunder down or the next day.
Speaker 1: You are going to do that too, right, you're doing not always you will do that. That's part of the bet. Yeah, two days, Yeah you do two thunders down unders Yeah, you get way under. Hey, Rob, we appreciate that call. Thank you.
Speaker 10: Dance with them money, You're not make some singles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, buddy, take some singles. Enjoy the night.
Speaker 7: This dude sounds like he wants to lose.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 1: Rob just is a guy who's like, you make a commitment.
Speaker 7: I didn't make a commitment.
Speaker 1: You lost a bet.
Speaker 6: That's that's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Rob. Hope you have a great day. Man.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it said there, but I like it. Rob, have a good day, buddy. I still he's singing. Okay, go ahead, Rob.
Speaker 10: I've shaved my head. I've wore Green Past Packers cheef hit all day, which I hated Green Bay Packers, but I wore Amen.
Speaker 1: You didn't want to, did you. No, he'll no obligation, that's right, but he did it anyway. It's like lunchbox. You need to go and rub those abs. Can you touch them? Maybe he'll get a little special tree maybe. All right, Rob, we gotta go, Buddy, I see a buddy. Thank you. Bye. Amy send me the story on what happens to your body and your brain when you watch football, which thought was interesting.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I got curious about it because you are so impacted by Arkansas football, and I'm like, what is going on with your brain? Or anybody's brain that's that attached to sports and the results of a sports game, or.
Speaker 1: Something called mirror neurons apparently that make you feel like you're part of the team. I say, we all the time. Oh yeah, I'm a weird.
Speaker 6: Well that's those mirror neurons.
Speaker 1: Like, why did we do that? Yeah? Yeah, I'm still upset about clomb state.
Speaker 6: I can't believe we just made thatch, Like.
Speaker 1: Why do we? I we all the time. Mirror neurons enable us to put ourselves in another person's shoes and imagine what they are going through in a particular moment. Okay, chemicals affect your overall mood. Yeah, When your team loses, your brain produces cortisol, the hormone that your body releases when you're under stress. When your team wins or is playing well, your brain starts releasing the neurotransmitter dopamine, which is directly involved in regulating the brain's reward and pleasure centers. But I think I'm probably just using Arkansas football in other ways other people use other things, right, Like, we all have our version of this, so we get super attached to make it very personal. We let it impact our No, no, I mean, I.
Speaker 6: Think you're correct, but you have something I don't know what would be Yours is football. That's why I looked this up. This was a specific thing for football and the brain.
Speaker 1: Your body reacts to the brain. Studies have shown that sports fans can have intense anxiety before a big get Oh I do big time, I get like sick to my stomach. I'm not even in the same state.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they talk about that butterflies.
Speaker 1: Watching football can increase your heart rate to level similar to those associated with a vigorous exercise and a doctor's opinion, in the end, we need to remember the sports for entertainment purposes as an outlet to take our minds off the stressors and struggle. No, no, sports bring those into my life. I have more because of that.
Speaker 8: No, it's said too like, if you're like a younger fit person, then some of these side effects aren't really a concern.
Speaker 6: But for anybody that are, well, no, I don't.
Speaker 10: I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm not talking about you, just s more.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying younger fit. If I'm not younger, you are, I.
Speaker 8: Think you would fall into that category. They said younger and fifth they said it, I feel.
Speaker 6: The doctor today for older if you have underlying health stuff, I have.
Speaker 1: A heart attack because we lose the game of missphilled or something at some point. Not now give me twenty years because you're younger in feah right now, I'm youngest fit of crap.
Speaker 8: But it did talk about strokes and heart attacks after the loss of a game.
Speaker 1: It's like, what that's a little dramatic. Well, I can't shake the How would I describe the feeling like it is uneasy, unhealthy, frustrated, sadness after we lose a game that we either should have won or we're close in if we get blown out, I'm just like suck. But I hate it. But it's different.
Speaker 8: So when a couple is pregnant, do you like it when they say we are pregnant.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I don't. I try not to let stupid stuf affect me.
Speaker 7: But no, yes, it's annoying because they're not.
Speaker 6: It does an annoy like y'all are on the team and you say weed.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say that. I would because I don't want to act like I have am holding a baby. I don't deserve to say I am pregnant, So I don't think I would say it, but that's one of those things where I'm just not going to invest enough of my energy, and to be annoyed by it is stupid. Though I'm get annoyed right now.
Speaker 6: Is annoyed by one hundred and I do, because there's no.
Speaker 1: Such thing as one hundred and ten percent. It's just emphasis.
Speaker 6: It's exaggeration to prove a point.
Speaker 1: And so as we were pregnant, exaggeration because you ain't pregnant, buddy. Now you can be suffering some of the side effects, not even physically, but if she has to be in bed all the time, you have to do more for her. Okay, there are things that you're having to do to cover, but you're not pregnant. I will never say that. If I say that, slap fight me it. Don't let me slip you back. What about we're having a baby. I don't mind that.
Speaker 6: Because you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you can't say we are delivering a baby out of our vaginal canal, I couldn't do that. Week we are in labor, yes, we so, no, but we're going to be.
Speaker 6: Our contractions are really bad right now.
Speaker 1: Again, that's a no. That's a no on that one. Here's another one, you may be watching football for three plus hours, but you're not seeing three plus hours worth of football action. Researchers found that throughout the three plus hours, you watch about fifteen to twenty minutes of live action. That's not true. You ever seen red zone? That's a good point. That's every game. That's every game, okay, yeah, yeah, The average NFL game has roughly eighteen minutes of actual gameplay.
Speaker 6: That's crazy. Why in the world are these games four hours long?
Speaker 1: Well, the commercial is moving, and the gameplay is thinking and like the anticipation and the strategy, and then we get replays after most plays too. Yeah, I can't see what happened. Yeah, yeah, I show you though.
Speaker 6: Yes, y'all have all the long sports, golf, football, Well.
Speaker 1: They're just trying to make them longer for television purposes. Wait, your hair appointments are long. That feels.
Speaker 6: Like, how long did it take for your hair piece?
Speaker 7: Thirty minutes?
Speaker 1: Good point, And that was temporary. I felt like that's a kind of sexist comments. It was very much she want she said, y'all's game hair.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because y'all in here, y'all do that.
Speaker 7: Your hair in here?
Speaker 1: Thank you. Lunch okay, whatever, I think we heard it. I think we heard sexism.
Speaker 8: But also back to your question of like, am I impacted by anything in that way?
Speaker 1: No, Eddie, right now, No, I'm really not, like I want your hair boy not bothering me at all. Once you wanted a hairpoint, it left a truck running the whole time, came back, came back out hilarious.
Speaker 6: That was weird that I just I thought I had turned it off, and then I don't know.
Speaker 8: God, I'm not the only person's ever done that, though, because after we've talked about that, anytime it comes up, I do get notes of like, don't worry, I've done that too.
Speaker 1: Really, Yes, if you.
Speaker 6: Have done that, you are not alone.
Speaker 1: Hi, I'm amy.
Speaker 6: If you left your car running, well, you went into an hour's long appointment.
Speaker 1: If you went into the grocery store you came out and thought, who started my car? You're not alone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you just left it running.
Speaker 1: If you wanted the grocery store and came out and got in your car and realized I didn't. I don't drink mountains. Why is that in the middle, realized that's not your car, and it's sort of a tell me something looks like yours. You are not alone to tell me something good that you survived. Nobody took it, nobody saw your car. That's right, Robing, Kentucky. What's up, buddy?
Speaker 10: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 10: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Doing pretty good? Thank you for calling. What do you want to say?
Speaker 10: Oh? No, I was just commenting on a lunchbox this little ordeal about the the bet in the summery.
Speaker 1: Ram Yeah, thunder down under tomorrow night?
Speaker 10: Way, how a y'all doing?
Speaker 1: We're doing pretty good every morning? Yeah, thank you very much. So what do you want to say to lunchbox about thunder down Under? Where these dudes are gonna be practically naked?
Speaker 10: I volunteered to be a coach one time. I would not the coach, but the assistant coach. Well as in the first game he never showed back up again, so I catched. I coached these kids all the whole time, you know. And uh so the last game was coming up, and it was on the fan fair fanfare place where I was going to play the wild orse sleut, and I was like, man, what do I do? So I got the dad, all the dads together, and it's not like losing the bet, but It's like something I had to do. So I caught. I talked to them. I was like, can you all just you saw us all year? Can you just coach these kids for the last game? And they all it's like, man, you gotta do what you gotta do. It's not like losing the bet, but still the same. I did what I had to do.
Speaker 1: You're saying he has an obligation. He committed by making a bet and losing the bet. Now he has an obligation, so he needs to do what he has to do.
Speaker 10: Right exactly, It.
Speaker 4: Sounds like he is saying, I have an obligation to go to my soccer game because I made commitment to them.
Speaker 7: You gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: I think you should do what you gotta do regardless, and then the consequences either way will affect you. May mean, if you miss your game, what are the consequences? Maybe your team loses the doubleheader? Uh, you go play the game you missed under down Under, what are the consequences there? It'll be far worse than that. Those we can affect.
Speaker 7: Oh my, but I can always go to thunder down or the next day.
Speaker 1: You are going to do that too, right, you're doing not always you will do that. That's part of the bet. Yeah, two days, Yeah you do two thunders down unders. Yeah you get way under. Hey, Rob, we appreciate that call. Thank you.
Speaker 10: Dance with them money you're nice.
Speaker 1: Well make some singles, yeah, buddy, take some singles. Enjoy the night.
Speaker 7: This dude sounds like he wants to do no.
Speaker 1: Robbers is a guy who's like, you make a commitment.
Speaker 7: I didn't make a commitment.
Speaker 1: You lost a bet.
Speaker 6: That's that's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Rob. Hope you have a great day man. All right. I don't know what he said there, but I like it. Rob, have a good day, buddy. I still he's singing now, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 10: Rob, I've shaved my head. I've wore Green Past Packers cheesehead all day, which I hated Green Bay Packers, but I wore Amen.
Speaker 1: You don't want to, did you? He'll no obligation, that's right, but he did it anyway. It's like lunchbox. Need to go and rub those abs? Can you touch them? Maybe he'll get a little secial tree. All right, Rob, we gotta go, Buddy, I see a buddy. Thank you. Bye, Bobby Bone Show sorry up today.
Speaker 4: This story comes us from Harrison Township, Michigan. You know what stinks is having your car repossessed and one guy, the repo man, comes to take his car. So he runs out of the house with a box and sets it down the car and says, there's.
Speaker 7: A bomb in that box.
Speaker 1: There's a bomb in that box. There's a bomb in that box. There's a bomb in that box. Repo man said, oh boy, that's pretty funny. They just stop him from taking your car because there's not a bomb in the box. And the guy had to think on his fee because I'm sure he didn't have the bomb in the box plan go.
Speaker 4: Ahead, And so the repo man had to call police and say, hey man, this guy's got a bomb, and they came.
Speaker 1: If you're the guy, you just say I didn't say that. Oh yeah, where's the proof?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Would you got me recorded?
Speaker 6: I think they're gonna believe the Why would you say that? I mean, why would he call the police and just make that up?
Speaker 1: Well, because some guy came out trying to fight him and just claim there's a bomb in the box unless he has a camera, because some of them do in case they to fight on. Yeah, I would claim. I would go like, there's no way prove I said that. I didn't say there's a bomb in the box. I said, please take this with the car. I hate both of them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's keys, man, that's set of keys.
Speaker 1: It makes there's keys in the box.
Speaker 6: You could rhyme with bomb. My friend Tom is in the box.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm lunchbox. That's your bonehead. Story of the day's.
Speaker 1: Whole story about movie theater is getting a humongous makeover. They spend about two billion dollars to make the changes. I have long said the movie theaters will not survive as the theaters they are now. But movie Mike, what do you know about this story? Yeah, they're trying to add like pickleball cords, make the seats fancier, all this thing just to get to people to go to the theater. Were not in the court, but like as a reason to get to the theater in Yeah, it's like part of the the scene. Yeah, not while you're watching dogs. Terribly distracting a group representing eight of the biggest chains, including a mc Regal Cinemas and Cinema. They're gonna try to lure movie I don't want to go to the movies. I don't want to leave my house and go sit in the room with people I don't know who are sneezing and have their phones on and walking around like I don't want to. I don't want any of that. And so that's most of the reason that movie theaters are dying as they are now. But they say they're gonna spend two billion dollars. It's almost like they need to make little cabins like you ever see on They have like airplane influencers or like travel influencers, and they get in those little pods kind of but like a full pod. I've never seen one in a real plane. But it's like they're like, look at this and there's like a bed in there. Oh, it's like a little door. You don't need a bet, but it's like that almost needs to be with the movie theater experiences. Small theater rooms that are clean, or they bring all this to you and there's an experience. Oh I don't want to be with other people, like a cubicle, But cubicles aren't fully, they're not. You don't fully in golf, you then you might as well be at home exactly. That's my point, but what you don't have at home. It's like going to a restaurant. Well you could just say, well I'm gonna need a restaurant, we just stay home. No, but there are things provided at this Mike, what are your thoughts on I love the experience. I like watch your movie, Mike, though, but I like watching a movie in theaters with other people hearing their reactions. I just watched a thriller recently and it added to the experience and some people are yelling and stuff. I love it.
Speaker 8: I was reading something this morning about people that were asked like, would you prefer to watch a movie in a theater or stream it at home?
Speaker 6: And sixty one percent of people so they'd rather go to the theater.
Speaker 1: Li or sixty percent of people are lying that nobody you have to go pay for it, and that's driving there. That's the crazy price of tickets, that's the overpriced food. Is all of this that there's again, everybody's got COVID in there. Probably probably I didn't know that's a real thing. Again U til I got it, reacent. I will tell you that the kids love it.
Speaker 5: Like when the kids see like a movie's coming out, they want to go to the movie theater to watch the movie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, switches it up.
Speaker 10: Kids.
Speaker 1: Brains aren't fully developed, so let's remember that. By everybody Good by Bone Show. The Bobby Bones Show theme song, written, produced and saying by read Yarberry. You can find his instagram at read Yarberry, Scuba Steve executive producer, Raymondo, Head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcas. Yes,