Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and that's what you were the miss podcast. Kevin just yawned, because, yeah, I'm just calling you out. I'm calling you out because.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna let it fly.
Speaker 1: You clearly don't know me.
Speaker 2: Then I saw it in your eyes. I saw No.
Speaker 1: Am I boring you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: It's ten pm. There, we're making this work because Kevin's doing a MUSICALE. And here we are about to recap on the one of the most infamous part twos or episodes of Glee. This is season six, episode five. This is the hurt Locker Part two.
Speaker 2: Can I do a shameless personal plug right now?
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: So my show out in the UK. I'm in the UK. I'm doing a show called The Frogs and it starts in two days. So come see us.
Speaker 1: Well, everybody, go see Kevin's MUSICALE and then report back to me because I won't be able to see it.
Speaker 2: Yes, come see it. It's crazy. We're in previews at the moment.
Speaker 1: We have to do a recap of that as well.
Speaker 2: Once you're done, okay, great, we can talk after like opening night when it's officially open. We can do a little seconding.
Speaker 1: Your second show, like this is so exciting.
Speaker 2: Or I guess towards the end, I don't know, Okay, this area.
Speaker 1: On January thirtieth, twenty fifteen, Uptown Funk is the number one song and will be forever.
Speaker 2: An American Sniper is still the number one movie.
Speaker 1: Still remember thought.
Speaker 2: That title feels so violent to me? I guess it is Glee News this week. On January twenty seventh, Glee the music the heart Locker Part two EP was really it released. It featured five tracks from this episode and released for a digital download only. Do you see the director of this episode, Babs Barbara Brown.
Speaker 1: This is something we have to talk about because I wasn't here for babs directorial debut. So Babs Barbara Brown was our script supervisor. And a script supervisor is somebody who sits on set every day and has the job, the loving job of making sure that everything is as close to continuous as possible. So the best way to explain is like, if you're like for me, a lot of the time, my hair would be one place or the other. On one side it would be forward or on one side it would be back and like and then in order for the cuts to make sense from take to take and seem to seen like, we'd have to she'd have to like literally make sure that every person in the choir room looked the same. She also did to make she was responsible for like making sure the days were correct and like overseeing like you know, say the episode was over four days, that everybody was on in the clothing for day two and so you know that's also wardrobe's job as well, to make sure that everything is in line. But like, she was the overseer of all of it on set and our lines as well, and she would watch every single take all the time. We would be like saying this, not that, and she'd be like, it's actually this, so anyway, so sorry. I hope that makes sense. But Babs was a fan favorite for all of us on set, and to have her direct, I'm sure was very exciting. She's the most kind, so wonderful human and I just I have a wonderful about this episode.
Speaker 2: Our second script supervisor on the show very little turnover, and the only reason we had a second one is because our first one, Carol Banker Banker, became a director as well, get it and so here's Babs, let's go.
Speaker 1: Okay, this was written by you and Brennan again, and so some of the songs were My Sharona performed by Dalton Academy, and then also You Spin Me Round, which is in the same set by Dalton as well.
Speaker 2: And then you have the Wonderfully. I mean, it's a good set by the New Directions. It must have been love, father figure and all out of love.
Speaker 1: The context in which they chose these songs is actually very very humorous. And let's talk about some of these fun facts and we'll get into the episode.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So this is the seventh episode where all the members of New Directions present in the episode have a solo The first of the pilot seconds is Britney two point zero, then Tina and this guy with Diamonds, A Katie Gaga and end of TOWERK and then the sixth is Homecoming.
Speaker 2: This is the sixth episode where every member of the New Direction sings a solo line, the others being Pilot, Brittany two point zero, A Katie or Gaga at the end of Tork and Homecoming.
Speaker 1: And this episode's the marks the first and last time in which no member of the main cast is featured in a song or their current main cast feature song. Wow.
Speaker 2: It is also the first episode since The Spanish Teacher season three episode twelve in which neither Rachel or Blaine are featured in a song.
Speaker 1: Wow. This is the second time the New Directions performed invitationals. In the fifth episode of the season, wearing blue outfits. So first was ro it's not taken. That's so funny. We kind of forgot there were invitationals, I guess.
Speaker 2: But yeah, when Sue says that she still has six or seven weeks to get Kurt and Blaine together as a meta reference to the number of episodes slash weeks.
Speaker 1: I caught that hour the end of this Okay.
Speaker 2: I love you know, I love that type of stuff. Okay, Sue is at it again, trying to mend relationships. You see Kesha, I said, mend, not mend you did you see the Texas? Okay, Sue is at it again, trying to mend relationships she thinks need mending. Meanwhile, Kitty helps Rachel find the perfect set list to win the invitational, and Sam recruits football player Spencer to join the glee Club.
Speaker 1: I know that last week we talked about her Locker Part one end. It's a doozy. It's a doozy in every way shape or for me, it's a doozy. It's like bad reputation. It's it was not exactly, it was all out of sorts. Characters were not in character. It felt weird. The music felt different, like the whole thing just felt weird. I was like very prepared for this part too, me too, right. Do you feel like you were like, oh, hey, press play, here we go.
Speaker 2: There was a big sigh before it was a big inhale and a big exhale before the plunge.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I have to say yep, I really liked this episode.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it as well.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. The Sue Tiny Sue saw doll what do they call it? Was?
Speaker 1: The elevator is some of the funniest I've ever seen on the show. I truly was like so tickled. The elevator was one of my favorite story. I love the music. I finaled. Sue singing her songs at the end was so funny and I really enjoyed this episode. Am I crazy?
Speaker 2: No? Because I was preparing to tell you the exact same thing. And I was like, she's gonna think I'm nuts.
Speaker 4: I was laughing aloud, Yeah, what is wrong? Do you think it was because last episode? Mm hmmmm mm change or lowered or adjusted our expectations in a way.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know, because if you had put Part two first, just you know, out of context, not storylines being you know, right, I would have still liked this episode.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, I think you're right. I think you're right.
Speaker 1: It wasn't as weird. It was weird.
Speaker 2: It was the regular Glee weird.
Speaker 1: It still had the feel of like the invitational happening and the characters wanting to get together, so like there was just all these like it was more character driven in character versus like Sue feeling so out of character in the last one. You know, it's still a little inappropriate the way that she's like talking about them, like.
Speaker 2: Just watching the.
Speaker 1: Videotape and like spying on that and the whole yeah, and kidnapping them in theory, like it all, it doesn't it doesn't flash out real well for her, but like in its own thing, like I thought it was so funny, so funny.
Speaker 2: You know what I think it is? And I think this is where sometimes and I don't think this is anything on the directors. I think this is how the episodes are written sometimes, like when LEDI got stuck with a bunch of those types of episodes where it's like putting a hat on a hat on a hat, where when the episode is written crazily like Part one, Yes, and then you do visual things that are that lean into it, I don't think it necessarily works as well well when you just sort of keep it visually simple and then let the dialogue be crazy and let you have your saw elevator with the bathroom moment, because you know, last week it was that you had the hypnotizing like circle thing in the background, and yeah, yeah there was, and there was a lot of time and the actual hurt Locker. Because we didn't have to spend much time in those scenarios, there was less hypnotizing this episode. I think that just helped.
Speaker 1: Let's go through some of these like story plotlines.
Speaker 2: We discovered last week with the hurt Locker that Sue's ultimate goal. Now it sort of seems like taking down the new new directions is like a hobby, but her real focus is getting Curt and blaming back together for whatever reason, we're going with it.
Speaker 1: I'm for it. I'm into it because I want them back together too, so let's just go with there.
Speaker 2: And also giving Jane so much fun stuff to do as a viewer. It's just what I want. And hers showing up as a waiter herd State with Walter and just insults him. Then he goes, well, how old are you? Jesuys thirty four?
Speaker 1: Also the fact that she's she blames Becky. It's all really really ridiculous. So Sue's going to create this idea this she's going to kidnap them, which is like not.
Speaker 2: So good, But we're gonna just but blow past.
Speaker 1: And it's an elevator. It's an elevator that they very willingly get into.
Speaker 2: Can I I have to I have to point out I love I love and shows when characters blindly accept stupid situations. Okay sometimes yeah yeah yeah yeah, the way Chris and and Darren we're so sort of it's also how they played it is what I love when they see the elevator, like, oh where did this come from? And they're just like no, It's funny how they do the same for already was here, I bet you. Oh, I'm sure all of it was. But I love that. I love when characters are just sort of like to do blindly accepting the situation and blindly walking into an elevator that has a bathroom.
Speaker 1: This is I okay, the elevator really made me happy. This whole episode maybe happy, but this elevator, like it was a highlight.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 1: Detrap two characters. It's almost like I like these. It's like those episodes like en Seinfeld where they get lost in the parking lot and they can't or like when they're at the Chinese restaurant waiting for the reservation. There's something about that. It's so satisfying because it's so simple, yet it's like you can you're in it for the whole episode. I would have watched a whole episode of the two of them starking out the same and that's all you want because you love those characters. It's written so hilariously, and then you're also getting your Jane Lynch of it all, even if she's not in the scene. I'm dying.
Speaker 2: The whole setup is such a Sue setup that it's layered in that way where she's like woven throughout the entire thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean and more so like Jigsaw, Sue centers through a tiny hole in the elevator on a bike, and the way that they've operated her, she like knocks into the door, and like the physical comedy of Jigsaw Fu and the whole thing of like Them. It's showing up to the two of them and them just like being weirded out by but like not so weirded out by it, you know, like it's so crazy and yet they're like h And.
Speaker 2: It's also so cute that little montage of them like sleeping and then looking at each other and then eating, having a little picnic.
Speaker 1: Like com out in there, and like it just loved, loved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, really good. I think it's a testament to everyone involved in front of the camera and behind the camera to make something like that work, just like in Seinfeld. It's like a masterclass and making something so simple be that effective.
Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 2: We had Lena on the show that's right this episode, and she told.
Speaker 1: Us and she was right, and she has that jigsaus. I get it now, I get it. I don't think i'd ever seen this episode before, Like I think I've seen snippets of other episodes or like clips or things, but like, I don't think I saw any of this episode ever, and it really delivered.
Speaker 2: I absolutely have not seen this episode. I know I've seen stills of Jigsaus.
Speaker 1: Sasu on that bike too is I know I've said this already, but like, the bike is so comical and it's so tiny, and it really just made me. It made me kiggle like a lot. So I could talk about this all day.
Speaker 2: I wonder who has that now.
Speaker 1: I wish I could have Jigsaus do on the bike. That's all I want now.
Speaker 2: Somebody has to have it, right.
Speaker 1: So the whole idea is that they have to kiss or they'll be trapped in there forever. And it overlaps with the song that New Direction is in New Directions performance during the invitation all which we will now merge into that. But that kiss also, I was like, oh, sweet, sweet lady, lady, I just.
Speaker 2: Where are you going?
Speaker 1: I wasn't going to say anything, just give me the kiss all day long. I love them, I want them back together. I'm rooting for them. I know Spoilerer like we get a wedding, but like, just give it all to me, just give it all.
Speaker 2: This is the first time call me a hater, and I do love them together, but this is the first time that I'm fully on board with him getting married. Now I'm like, let's see.
Speaker 1: It, let's get this now.
Speaker 2: I also think that was their best.
Speaker 1: Kiss, agreed, And just like the kiss, I know, I was like, whoa, this is getting steamy. But like the montage, the whole thing, like the music, the client, like the it all just it was like that was the episode.
Speaker 2: And then they're they're running through the hallway and they're all disheveled and their shirts.
Speaker 1: Are cute, so cute. Yeah, obviously they're rushing because like they missed everything. So I get it.
Speaker 2: But we need once a cheater, always a cheater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's he gonna do? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, we know what he's gonna do.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. Okay, So now Rachel uh has has two days, very much in mister Shoe fashion, has two days to get the glee club together, build a glee club, get a set list, and go. And Kurt had suggested getting Kitty in there, so well, Kurt's stuck in an elevator. Rachel is going to try and recruit recruit Kitty. This whole thing I didn't know happened. I was like, oh that is in.
Speaker 5: Had no idea, like, oh, and it's great, Like she gets a nice emotional scene filled with hilarity.
Speaker 2: She's a little softer than when she was originally brought into the glee club.
Speaker 1: It's yep, they left her. She you know, the only reason she's there. So she's feeling a little vulnerable. Rachel convinces her that, you know, she loves to sing and dance, and so it was really nice scene with the two of them.
Speaker 2: And I also love that she calls Rachel out just like you said, yeah that it's you know, very mister shoe of you, and I can't tell if it's sweet or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Literally, And then even better, so like they cheat, they cheat, they go in and they get the the past coode. Well, Katy has the past codes to sue emotional, emotionally vulnerable songs, a locked password and coded file that they get. I love that and the song choices for this for the writers were a plus plus. I love these songs. By the way, I thought everybody sounded excellent and I really enjoyed them. What I enjoyed even more was like watching Sue like her journey from like hearing them and like being angry about it, like how did you get these to them? Like being completely moved and like singing along and Sam singing along in the audience and the Glee Club like came through. And I really appreciated new directions, the new new directions, hearing everybody sing everybody like obviously we loved his voice, like give it to us all day. But then we got Billy and we got Laura and Samantha, and it just really it was very quintessential New Directions and I was like, here for it. I was like, you sit on those stools.
Speaker 2: And I also thought it was quintessential Glee in the way that it wove in the silliness during these like really nice musical numbers. Yes where I also just like I love characters accepting a dumb thing like an elevator. I love a break in and a password moment, and love the scene with Kitty in the stall with Becky and the off brand Mexican twinkies bribing her. I thought that was so good. And then you have all these sort of montages like during you know, you have the curtain Blaine montage happening, and then you have Sue coming in and being funny just like you said, but yeah, it didn't take away from the performance at all. And little things. I love also seeing like Becca's growth. I mean, she was good from the first episode she was in, yeah, even though we found out she had never been on a set before. Right, But like the little looks she's throwing between Rachel and Sue. Sue, We're just so satisfying because you don't have to say anything, you just see. There's so much of that in this episode where there there's looks between Rachel and Sam because there's that whole thing going on, yes, and then Rachel and Sue and all while this music is going on. And then Sue, you know, when they announce it one and it's new directions, sorry to bury the lead. They She's like, I don't know, all they did was sit on stools. She's constantly making fun of the actually new directions.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, excellent all around. Like you said, like just everybody provoted, everybody in this episode.
Speaker 2: Like I also have another thing I want to say kudos too. I hate when, for example, this is there's a world in which this hypnosis storyline plays out in a way Rachel and Shoe have that moment, you know, where Rachel is saying, you know, you're right, I'm sorry, and she's like, well, I don't really forgive you for the things you did, like getting Sam to steal my mail, and she's like huh and they said sue and that's it, right, But there's a world in which they're like, oh, we have to get revenge or we have to plot to get we have to do some sort of other plot to make her admit that it was her and Baba, I hate that, yes, and obviously why it didn't happen. And I'm not a writer, but you know when shows do that needlessly, create some drama like that, and it's just as a waste of time because you know how it's going to end up anyway. And so we did that. We just like, you know, trim the fat. Let's just say and you move on.
Speaker 1: And we know.
Speaker 2: I was so thankful for that. It's like, thank you, gleet love what's happening here, like really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Add it to the list of things that she has done, because she's been wildly inappropriate this whole episode.
Speaker 2: But two episodes in a row were like, ladies should be in prison.
Speaker 1: I mean, isn't stealing nail like a federal Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's getting somebody else to.
Speaker 1: Do it, right. It's bad.
Speaker 2: It's bad. But the flip side of this is that Rachel happens to snap when Sam is under some sort of trance, saying he like want trying to get Rachel to use the terrible size, which is also a really lovely moment. Yes, yes, and he's like, I don't know what's been going on with me. There's just gaps of time that are missing, and she just is like, Okay, you can make it up for me if you find seven people. Also, are we just going to forget that we're supposed to have twelve people for this invitational?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just changed it for the purpose that they have only of seven cast members. Yeah, okay, you know it's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine with it. And I was like, why did we bring it up in the first place? Also, we skipped over this, and I thought this was a really funny and weird thing. What Sue stating the rules after vocal adrenaline has already presented, which was also it seems like oh, we should have thought of that before we wrote the first episode, and I don't.
Speaker 1: We just let's just put it in because.
Speaker 2: And I think it's so good. I think it's brilliant. I don't care what the motivation of it was, but it is so funny. All these little things just work perfectly. Where in the last episode they do all these weird things, you're like, I don't know about that one, or I don't know about that one. I know this, love it all.
Speaker 1: I love it. Also Jake Sase's boy, so's ridiculous. Okay, we skipped over. Also the Dalton Warblers and their performances. So obviously Blaine is not he's missing, he's stuck in the elevator, and the Warblers are going to perform anyway. They do a really great job. Did you feel like now, obviously for the purpose that she makes the joke about new directions just sitting on stools, and it's her songs and it's ballad and heavy, and they're not doing huge dance numbers like Vocal Adrenaline and you know, all the tricks. Like the Warblers also felt a little different than normal, like they didn't feel like Dalhold Academy, like steps, step touch, you know, snaps. It felt like more vocal adrenaline driven because probably just for the juxtaposition of those two being like the big showmen and then us kind of doing the heart thing in the New Directions. But it didn't feel like them at all. I was like, where did these Warblers come from? Is this like a new generation of Warblers where they're tumbling and doing literally like break dancing.
Speaker 2: Fully, I fully agree with you, and I think it. I think your instinct is completely right on why they were sort of vocal adrenaline doubt because it had to be that death juxtaposition against the sort of boring new directions.
Speaker 1: I will say it was very good.
Speaker 2: It was so good. Also, there's a whole new crop of dancers in there, and one of our friends JP was in there. I took a video and sent it to him. He's like, oh, that was a good one, and I was like, yeah, yeah, I'd never seen it before.
Speaker 1: It was really fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. I mean they are dancing.
Speaker 1: Dancing. That's the thing. The Warblers don't dance dance, they move, they step touch it. It's like an intentional well that's what we call ours too. But you know, new directions, but anyway that I just had.
Speaker 2: To still it was a little murky. It was like this could just be vocal adrenaline and Blazers.
Speaker 1: Agreed, which they may have pulled some.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they did. Okay, I know this is not correct to say, but I feel like if any of us can say it, I can say it. I like all the gauge you did.
Speaker 1: They were quiet after There were a lot, not all of them, right, but there were.
Speaker 2: Some of them where I was like, Sue has lost their mind. But the way she's just openly saying.
Speaker 5: Like just throw in and look, there's gay.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of gay writers in that writer's room, so they're writing.
Speaker 1: These jokes, right, and so it's like one Warbler's credit is really gay.
Speaker 2: Warbler exactly, and.
Speaker 1: Then there's another one, Kevin other really gay Warbler.
Speaker 2: I love those things. We haven't talked about that in a long time, where Ian would write or the writers would write those things into the script and stage directions or character names that are just that is the real tone of the show, and so I like it. I know it's a little offensive, but it's pretty harmless in this in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: And so I oh we also can we talk about Michael Hedgecock? Oh my god, excuse me?
Speaker 2: So remember and also what was was he spying for Sue or something? It seemed very I know.
Speaker 1: Well he's not. They lost all their funding and so what is he doing there? I don't it feels crazy. I don't know what it is. But anytime we can get Hitchcock on stream, yeah, I want to see it, give it to us so to I know we're going all over the place, but I know, whatever to wrap up this Sam and Rachel storyline. You know, he's doing his like sort of cord thing in the audience at the end, and then they have this look from Rachel, I say, and she like smiles and looks, you know, smirks and looks down and it's like considering it. And it feels like groundwork is being laid. Hmmm.
Speaker 2: Now for the million of the time, I have no idea what happens, but that's but that's what we're clearly being fed.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, Okay, I missed that last one.
Speaker 2: But okay, there's so many good Sue lines.
Speaker 1: I just I.
Speaker 2: Like, I God, it's good.
Speaker 1: So Sam is brought in by Kurt for help and he's gonna go and get Spencer, and Spencer he's going to join the glee club. Spoil out of there. He's coming in. He comes in at the very end after they've won correct in the in the choir room, kidd, he's in obviously now we've got Spencer in. It was really sweet that scene.
Speaker 2: It was and it was nice to also see him just sort of drop his guard for a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really like this whole Spencer. I like Spencer in general. If I love this character, I like this for the show. I think it really I don't know, I think it moves it in in the right direction. And I also really appreciated Seam referencing Finn again, Like I yeah, I really, I just it was sentimental in a way, and it was like in a really weird episode, and I was like, just bring it back, bring it back to the ground a little bit, where like getting closer to the ground, you know, we're hovering.
Speaker 2: Correct And that whole monologue that Spencer gave was also very real where it was really funny and like also a nice take in the previous episodes where he's just like sort of the post post post modern gay right, but it's a very real thing in gay communities all around the world, where you still have that part of you. It's like, even though it's coming off like he's all confident and strong and he's choosing to be this way, that's who he is underneath it. Now we've discovered why he's doing it, and it isn't necessarily the most natural part of him, right, and so he is putting on this facade to fit in. And it's also nice that it is Sam. Sam's a character that is doing this, yes, which is pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it puts Sam in like the leadership role that we talked about in like when we were at nationals. Yeah, our last yeah yeah, yeah, he'll get turned into the same thing for me.
Speaker 2: You know. It's funny. But as we're watching this, I'm like, we're going to start remembering all these things now because we're watching it, I fear it's all just disappearing as quickly.
Speaker 1: As a game ohing as fast as it came. Yeah, but I appreciate the callback to some of these things is because in Glee, it's so it's so quick to move on from the thing that we once did. Kind of maybe like our memory. Maybe that's why it's because it's so fleeting and fast.
Speaker 2: Fault.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's everybody else's fault. They've bet for our own memories and we take zero accountability for that. So but I appreciate the watching these kids or these adults who were you know, once former students or our former students like turn into the leaders of the group. So I'm very happy there.
Speaker 2: So after the invitational, when New Directions wins and Vocal Journaline does not, the lead vocalist of Vocal Adrenaline, Clint threatens mister Shoe and it's sort of this moment of is this guy going to get mister Shoe fired? Then if mister Shoes out of a job, is coming back to McKinley, But that spot's already been filled.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: So I don't know where that's leading, and maybe you know it's.
Speaker 1: Because clearly the fun part of not knowing, so is he coming back?
Speaker 2: Is he coming back? And maybe they need him to come back so Rachel can like get her mojo back and go off and do something else. But they're clearly setting this up to motivate show to be leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am, I am curious because I do remember for two thousand and nine. It's the final episode, right, He's there, right, And I'm like, but didn't you get there? And we were so deep out of it at that point that, like, I don't think that I even asked that question. No, we were just saying we were reading this, senior, and it was the final episode of the series, to be fair, so like you know what I mean, we were just going back to two thousand and nine and we were like deep in that whole thing. But I I did think about that. I was like, oh, mister, she was there.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't even think I have I didn't even think that. I don't think I knew that he wasn't. That's how out I'm in any of these episodes. So I don't think I even realized that he was never there.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, okay, Well he does do vocal adrenaline for longer than one episode, which I appreciate too, Like I appreciate the time and the breath that we have in these episodes like New York, where things can play out in a longer, kind of drawn out way where it actually gets a proper arc. So I'm looking I like this. I appreciate that I'm not you know, we complain about some of the things that move too fast. So here we are, we're living in it.
Speaker 2: I like it all. And it's like, I know this is a part one and part two episode or arc for everyone, including like Sam's storyline and Will's storyline, like everyone is split up over these two episodes, but it is refreshing and it is nice, and I yes, I'm loving the new kids.
Speaker 1: Loving the new kids, loving the whole like leadership, like we've got Sam a Ppe, and we've got Rachel and Kerr and we've got Jarrin and we were like I.
Speaker 2: Really like, oh my god, wow.
Speaker 1: Well I didn't take pe or gym.
Speaker 2: I have not heard it called pe in so long.
Speaker 1: Is that like gan equated? Is it not called that anymore?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: But I just I don't even think about that. He's just like the football assistant right assistant coach of football.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh, I thought he was.
Speaker 2: Like he probably is, but that would have been a fun class. We only saw it in dodgeball. We should have gotten more pe.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, in my high school, we took dance. That's wild, Martha Graham. What we did, Martha, We did jazz, we did Fosthy did all okay, oh my god. Yeah, my high school was so small.
Speaker 2: We didn't even have, oh my god, any extracurriculars like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's sad.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I loved it. I wasn't a boy band. I was doing that stuff after school. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Of course you were like watching the TV, like learning the in sync videos like of course. Yeah, okay, let's grade these performances because that is the end of the hurt Locker series.
Speaker 2: And who knew who knew that we would we were going to feel.
Speaker 1: I feel joy from that episode. I think about Jake Sasu and I laugh. Okay, my Sharona love ay ay, Yeah, these are great and you spin me around even better. Yeah. Hey, it must have been love given an A.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'll give.
Speaker 1: This okay minus then Father Figure a A and then all out of Love A plus.
Speaker 2: I need to go down to that figure.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, I gotta go listen to the the the extended version of Father Figure, because when he opened his mouth, I said.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, and they put that on the book and I was like, oh boy, I need this episode to be over so I can go listen to this. It's so good. Okay, what a gift.
Speaker 1: Let's do some tarty takes, cringe moments, Okay, I have I have one that's not sueer related, but all of suit but I have won this not Sue related.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So Rachel refers to the Season four newbies as these terrible, terrible things that I don't even want to repeat. And my jaw was on the ground. I said, oh my god, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, my mom catching strays.
Speaker 1: Left and right. I can't, I said, oh, oh, okay.
Speaker 2: It was very out of character. This really set up of the joke was funny. Is that you know she's so like narcissistic she didn't learn any of their names. That's hilarious. Yeah, but then it gets dark real quick. Yes, and then Sue's jokes about Karowski were also in line with that too.
Speaker 3: Weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, best dance move, I mean the Warblers you're doing flips and splits and things. There was a move where they like get on the risers from the sides and do like a flip into a sit with a straight leg and a leg bent, and it was so clean and I was like, WHOA.
Speaker 1: I said, they brought in some new Warblers today.
Speaker 2: Yes, I also like more of the Warblers being characters, like more dialogue from different warblers and things. Yeah, I'm enjoying that.
Speaker 1: We've had like a lot of warblers, so like it's time best song.
Speaker 2: Father Figure. Yes, I know we said.
Speaker 1: All out of love we love but father Figure. Yeah, that's performances by prop Jake saw So.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also the elevator sign New Elevator, so funny, really good. One of the ones that I loved, and it was more about the delivery than the line itself. Was when they're watching the video and Becky says, this is like a dream sequence. How could you film that? And says okay, Becky shut up, rowing it's honny.
Speaker 2: No Jenna, Jenna. That is one of my favorite moments in Glee. Ever. I said, Jerry, this looks like a dream sequence. How did you.
Speaker 1: The whole thing is so good? God? Why did I don't know it did though it did. It's the two of them.
Speaker 2: Like golly lean into it like on the rooftop singing, come what may get out of here? Really dream sequence? So Lauren Potter, oh my gosh, come on, give her an inch?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like last episode, you know, she had this huge storyline, like so much good physical comedy, and then she's also dramatic and and this she's just has like two lines is just killing.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: That's the line. No, really in the century.
Speaker 1: Excellent, excellent, Okay, great, I'm glad that were a line there performs MVP.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Jane and Lauren. I think it's just Jane again for me. Okay, it would be an honorable mention for Christ and Darren Christ and Darren too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Jane really good?
Speaker 2: Oh god, Okay, so shit. We found on TikTok making Faye and Brandon's splinner yeah and pronouncing that correctly. Are doing press for their new movie, Drop and Brandon. They're asked what their first professional acting job was, and he admits that his first one was an extra on Glee and she guessed it correctly, and it was in Baby One More Time when he is hanging out with Corey and fist bumps him in that basketball scene a Baby one More Time, And that brings me so much joy. That's amazing, isn't it incredible?
Speaker 1: I also love that that's like people's first acting jobs who are now like making it. I'm like that really ages us.
Speaker 2: Oh god fully, wow. I love that also, yeah, that's how long ago Glee was.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, go Glee honored. All right, Well that is the our Locker Part two. Thanks for joining us for on that journey. The next episode is we're almost halfway through the end of the series. Don't talk, what will we don't Well, we will recap what the world needs now, which is next. And there's lots of music and also one of my some of my favorite comedians in our show that we got to meet and hang out with of all time, So Jennifer Coolidge and right, duh.
Speaker 2: Duh, you're right.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Coolidge was like my idle like comedic idol Briant like I was obsessed with her and I felt I was very starstruck when she came on.
Speaker 2: So did you watch all the Christopher guest movies like I did growing up that Jane Lynch and Jennifer coolid Dread Yes, and Hitchcock Yes. Yeah. So this is was a It.
Speaker 1: Was everything I could have hoped for and more To come back and hear that they were all these an amazing guest stars. I was like, oh man, I am.
Speaker 2: I have some good Coolidge stories from filming those episodes as well.
Speaker 1: Well I can too. So funny and oh my god, okay, yeah, all right, we'll get there.
Speaker 2: Thanks for doing and that's what you really missed. Thanks for listening, and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.