Speaker 1: The John Nick and Kenny Florian podcast John Annik and Kenny Florian.
Speaker 2: I fucking love him.
Speaker 3: I can't get enough of him.
Speaker 2: I hear that both tonight.
Speaker 4: Big job there, Frank, there are a couple of absolutely self involved.
Speaker 5: You're your hosts, John Nick and Kenny Florian.
Speaker 6: Oh is it a big week in the history of the Anakin Floran podcast. Ken Flow brought us equipment on vacation. If you are watching on the Anikmploring podcast YouTube channel, we appreciate the shit out of that or the All the Smoke Fight channel. It is episode six hundred and two of the Antikonploring podcast powered by All the Smoke Fight. Today is Monday, the sixth of July twenty twenty six, and for the first time in five years, it is a Connor McGregor fight week. I did go back and watch the leg break July tenth, twenty twenty one, and what a wild couple of months it was on that front, right, Chris Widman viciously snapping his leg against your Eyah Hall in April with no crowd amidst a global pandemic, and then Connor McGregor in July suffers the same fate. You know, of all the things that can happen in an MMA setting, Kenny, there are a few things that make me sort of want to turn away. I'm there for the blood, I'm there for a lot of the things that other people maybe aren't there for. But dude, seeing these two back to back was absolutely insane, and five years later, Connor's back.
Speaker 7: It's grotesque. It's grotesque. I hate seeing those like the Anderson Silva break, the Chris Widman break. I think I've only seen it once because I want to see it a second time.
Speaker 8: I turn away.
Speaker 7: There's something about compound compound fractures that are so unnatural where I just don't need to see that. I feel sick to my stomach. And the other thing is just the fact that you know a fighter can come back from something like that in a sport where there's obvious contact to those exact same spots is insane. It's a testament to, you know, the ton of mentality that fighters have. And yeah, I can't wait to see Connor backman.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there are a lot of fighters with titanium in their body right there, Fighters that people don't realize maybe have plates and things in their arms, you know. I mean, there's a lot of stuff that happens in mixed martial arts. But Connor McGregor, as we mentioned a couple of weeks ago, was getting back in an active competition cycle when this happened, and at that point in time, Connor had so much money right that he was back for legacy, right or some point to prove. And certainly there's a lot at play here this weekend when it comes to why Connor is back. But I can't even believe it's a Connor McGregor fight week. I don't expect him to attend our fighter meeting. He is the last one scheduled. It just feels absolutely wild. I truly have no idea which version of Connor McGregor is going to show up in Las Vegas. But I'm excited for all the fight week he's gonna hold.
Speaker 7: I'd probably say this every single time he fights. But the fact that there was a one hundred and forty five pounder, right, that's when he came into the UFC, then became at five or now one seventy to gain this kind of attention to a guy who was able to elevate the sport as a whole that's how big of a star this guy's. This guy is one of the biggest ad named athletes in the world. Now, it's it's amazing what he's accomplished already, and it just feels right that he's back.
Speaker 6: Not sure what his show money is, I'm not sure what his vision is for the rest of twenty twenty six, but I do believe that if he performs well, win or lose, that we would see him again. But Mixed Martial Arts has grown for myriad reasons. I mean, when Joe Rogan says I'm seeing the ceremony only away and none of this would be possible without Dana White, I mean truer words have never been spoken. Lorenzo, for Tita, a lot of other individuals, but for all of us that extract a livelihood from MMA and witness these television deals that are monstrosities. Conor McGregor deserves a lot of credit for this, and a lot of his contemporaries dole out that credit. So we tip our cap to Conor McGregor. Really excited to see this man during fight week and we'll see what his performance holds against Max Holloway to the blue corner in Max Holloway for a minute. By the way, lot coming up on the program today, maybe the host could tease the guests. We are scheduled to be joined by UFC three twenty nine's Brandon roy Vall and King Green. Ray Longo gonna be here. We'll see if he is going to be the inducteur for Chris Widman in the Hall of Fame. I don't know if it's gonna be Ray, if it's gonna be Matt Sarah. So we'll get into that with Ray R J. Clifford coming up as well, Yanni the Greek also with eight selections for UFC three tw so a lot to get into, and we'll get back to Max Holloway in a minute. But now joining us one of the stars of the show. You have C three two nine. You can see him on the Paramount Plus main card and if you're in Australia or New Zealand you can still see him on pay per view. Brandon rod Dog roy Vall, one of the best flyweights in the world. It's good to see him. Man, Welcome to Fight Week.
Speaker 9: Good to see you guys. Can you hear me all right?
Speaker 6: Loud and clear? Bro all right?
Speaker 2: Cool cool?
Speaker 10: Hi guys doing today.
Speaker 6: We are doing well. We appreciate your time as always, you look well. So it's been a little while. I know you're no stranger to layoffs at times. Right the shoulder I think took some time away from you in the past. But what have the last I guess nine or ten months been like and how excited are you to get back on the proven ground.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's been a minute, but man, it was really just a lot of training, a lot of training, really long camp for this one, specifically how to take like an extra week, got a non sparring and just recover the body because it was a long camp. It was awesome, man, A lot of growth, a lot of adjustments, a lot of different things, and just excited to be back to it.
Speaker 6: Would a training can't be very different for you if you were competing at thirty five, like you and I have talked in the past about when the UFC almost got rid of the flyweight division, and we're seeing Holloway compete at seventy this weekend. Like, if you take a fight at thirty five at some point before your UFC career is over, would training can't be more joyful?
Speaker 1: No, not necessarily I could make flyweight in like two weeks. I'm walking around one thirty seven right now. So it's like I don't have a crazy cut. I'm just a little lengthy and all that stuff. I'm just scrying, but I really wish. But I will take fights at thirty five. I'll absolutely take prices at thirty five. I've asked my manager. I'm like, dude, they're short notice thirty five fights, and it's fittingly or like seemingly so, or like there's a good matchup or whatever. It's like, throw me in. I just want to buy often. And that's what talks about. I mean, it's cool, but it's like being in the top five of the division. It's just like you kind of have to wait sometimes and you're like, they offered me this long I think maybe right after the Mexico and it's like it's a long camp, you know, and it's like, I'm not going to not train the whole time. So it's like obviously it's just like you're preparing for someone, to getting ready for someone, and then it's like, so it's a pretty long camp.
Speaker 7: Brandon, you have a ton of experience obviously a huge advantage there over your opponent Kavanaugh. Do you think you faced someone like a Kavanaugh that you can kind of call on for for experience and to kind of maybe replicate a certain.
Speaker 9: Blueprint facing someone like it.
Speaker 1: No, not necessarily, but trained with people like Kavanaugh, absolutely, Yeah. I have a lot of good training partners that could emulate that. You know, are really good kickboxes, accomplished kickboxeres and I'll be above. But as far as fighting goes, I don't think I've ever fought anybody like that matches his repertoire in a sense.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That being said is I think that I thought the best strikers of the division two fights in all three fights in a row.
Speaker 7: So really, and what do you think the keys to success are here against Kavanaugh?
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot of keys to success. Without giving away too much of my game plan. Uh, yeah, he makes a lot of mistakes. You know, he's awesome, he's great, he's really good. He's very explosive, and he's really good early on in these fights. He makes a lot of the same mistakes. It's cool even going back to like his old videos of just watching some of the habits and like, oh he's doing that here too. And he's doing that here, and like, you know, there's a lot of mistakes that maybe he won't do early, but he's gonna do him and I can just capitalize off of that. And you know, I could force these I could force his mistakes, I could force bad exchanges, and I could just you know, make a lot.
Speaker 9: Of that happen.
Speaker 6: In my opinion, Brandon Royball will us here live on the Annakin floor in podcasts. You've done so much your thirty three years of age, right, You've headlined, fought for the belt on all these different things as an American fighter. When you're watching UFC Freedom two fifty, I'd imagine you watched it live, right, Like some part of you is is there, right? I mean, every fighter deserves credit for the sport getting to that type of height. I'm just curious what it was like for you to maybe watch that show as a high level UFC fighter.
Speaker 9: Man, I thought I thought it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dude, I train it on it sometimes I train with Gae Chee and I you know, I'm from Colorado, so I see him often and it's like, dude, that was the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 9: That was a's coole. As you get you know, I was maybe a little what is it my critical of having.
Speaker 1: A fight at the White House line on Trump's birthday and all that stuff originally, but it's like, dude.
Speaker 9: That was as cool as they can get, like fucking so, man, I was as happy as it could be. The coolest card ever. It was the coolest event ever.
Speaker 1: And like anybody that had dogs on that event is just a hater because that was a stick as it gets.
Speaker 9: The ending was as great as they could get.
Speaker 3: And yachee.
Speaker 1: Man, if I wasn't singing the national anthem morning, night and day and trying to rescue.
Speaker 9: A bald eagle, man, I don't know. Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 1: The flag in front of my house stood extra tall for the for the next two weeks, you know what I'm saying. So it was really cool, man, and I was really stoked for him. It's really a great time to be an American, if I'm being honest, especially in the UFC as far as like our athletes are accomplishing stuff. And there was like a good dry spell or whatever we had for like a year or so where no American champions.
Speaker 9: Now we got three of them, and it's it's really cool man.
Speaker 1: And yeah, but if you don't think the red, white and blue are pumping through my veins, well walking out right after the Ports of July, go throw this tea overboard.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 8: You got me fucking dead.
Speaker 6: Bro, I mean I'm excited for you, right, card.
Speaker 7: Brat Are you watching the World Cup at all? You say is playing today?
Speaker 1: No, not really, bro, I have time to watch too much Real Cup, my girls, my girls, family's.
Speaker 9: Like really from Mexico. So I went and like.
Speaker 1: Maybe tuned in for like two minutes yesterday, and then they scored two back to back goals and I'm like, I'm bad luck, I'm heading.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: A little superstitious to a degree, but I'm like, this team has to have a goal scored on him at all, this whole entire World Cup. I watched for two minutes and two of the goals could have been my fault.
Speaker 9: I guess that I did.
Speaker 6: I did bet on Mexico last night. We got a few more minutes here with UFC Flyway Brandon roy Ball. So you mentioned Onyx Tiger Beatle as well Corey Sandhagen's Jim right. Are you are you training there in Advanced this fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm a little everyone in Colorado for sure, But yeah I got to train a lot with Corey for the Spy.
Speaker 9: I got a spar with him.
Speaker 1: Uh, definitely one of the great kickboxes that I got to train with leading up to a Cavan off by obviously different like dimensions or whatever, but like skill set wise is just lo. Corey's as high as it gets, you know, So super grateful for them, and super great for Taga Beetle. Uh being around Trevor with me just like it's the coolest thing ever. He's a genius when it comes to end the stuff.
Speaker 6: Very high blitch.
Speaker 9: Dag glitch. I'm sorry, do you guys hear me?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: I got you now, yep, all right, coop them.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, just bet been around a little bit everywhere in Colorado, but uh, all around amazing people and Tigo Beatle's been super funis right now?
Speaker 6: Dude? So I gotta ask you, right if you think like I don't think that Gaichee over Toporia is one of the biggest upsets in UFC history, in part because I'm not even sure that Toporia is like a lightweight by frame, but you've rubbed shoulders with Whitman, whom you've just called a genius, and obviously you've spent a lot of time with Gaiche, so you couldn't I mean, I'm not like, I know you can't bet on this, but you couldn't have been totally shocked by that.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh no, especial when you see yeah game plan and stuff. It was like by the way he like displayed all of it, it was like that was perfect, Like, you know, a little clinching, a little dirty fighting, a little fake fit ins, a little bit that, and obviously it's partly kind of maybe like weighing pretty aggressively and Geisei hit so hard, so it's like, by the end of that first round you're like, oh, dude, yeah, this is you're starting front. You gave yourself a little bit of h gay Geychie a little bit of lead. I'm not gave it, but he obviously took it. But it's like, you know, just came in a little too disrespectful again to one of the hardest hitting guys in GIFC.
Speaker 6: So your last fight was against Manel Kop and certainly it's good for Team roy Vall that he went out and did what he did against Kyogi Hori Gucci that I really think helps you obviously. I mean the history with Joshua Van for you, I think helps you because it was so competitive and kind of turned on a dime there late you beat tatsu rote Tyra, who I thought fought so valiantly in defeat. I guess, like, I understand what's in front of you this weekend, right, I understand that you know you're not looking past that at all. You're probably the underdog, But like, what fight is it that that really would excite you of of past? Is it? Is it Pantosia one of the other guys that I mentioned, Like who are you looking at? Is it Van?
Speaker 9: As far as like who I want to fight next after this?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 9: I mean, bro, I don't know, man.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't really have anybody I'm I'm aiming my gun at besides besides the lowner.
Speaker 9: But yeah, yeah, I mean I think I.
Speaker 1: Gotta get a I got to accomplish a few things this weekend. I gotta I gotta make a statement, and I want to fight immediately afterwards. So hopefully just get back to back fights and uh and start a little role, you know, because like I told you, guys before. It's like I being in the top five division, you kind of get like a little put on pause and stuff.
Speaker 9: But yeah, I just want to fight, Bro.
Speaker 1: I want to fight a lot, and I want to make some money this year and I want to you know, and the kind of change the tune of things right now.
Speaker 6: Well, dude, do you have CE needs guys like you, the elite contenders who are willing to fight guys ranked below them to keep things moving. So we uh, we commend you for that. And hey man, they could put anybody on a Connor McGregor main card and they called your number for a reason. So we wish you all the best.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 6: I'll see at the Fighter meetings in a few days. But appreciate your time, my man, and best of luck on the weekend.
Speaker 9: Hey Ken, thank you, guys, Bro, thank you for having me. I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Our theory is Brandon roy Ball with us here on the Antican Floran podcast.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm glad that uh, I'm glad the World Cup came up. We will get back to that later in the show. I'm glad that UFC Freedom two fifty came up because I've been on the receiving end of that question that I just asked, Brandon, what was that like for you? I'm not an American fighter, but my response has been, Oh, it's the sickest fucking thing.
Speaker 8: I've ever That's pretty much the aanswer.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, and if I came home to my kids, right, whom I swear in front of, right, because I'm trying to be real in case I die tomorrow, it's like, oh, how was it? It was the sickest fucking thing I've ever seen, you know, And you know, I think anyone who suggests otherwise on the back end, uh is just to hate. Yeah, I agree, dude, thanks to uh Brandon raw Dog Roy Vall oh Man, all right, we already got our J Clifford ready, so uh, I will table that immediate thought and get to Randall.
Speaker 11: Rated r J.
Speaker 10: He's rated TV N A l V. It contains strong language of violence. He is intended only from ature audiences. You a discretion advice. This is rated R with r J Clifford.
Speaker 3: The fighting, that's that's the fun part. It's like Hansle from Zoolander, which is so fucking hot right now, dude, Like, well think about it, Like I don't know who he is.
Speaker 11: I just know he's arrestler.
Speaker 2: I you know, googled him.
Speaker 12: Only on the annek and Florian podcast Factor Fiction.
Speaker 6: You've texted that rated r J open from your phone to one of your buddies or your family? No, have you ever texted that open to anyone?
Speaker 2: I would?
Speaker 12: They have to watch the podcast if they want to experience what's going on.
Speaker 4: All right, we need the.
Speaker 12: Clicks, guys, we need those views, we need those those audio downloads. Whatever metric I don't know, Cody, what what what? Whatever metric we're looking for. They got to get it, all right.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 6: All right, So I got Belgium. I'm betting on Belgium. What do you guys think about the Americans chances.
Speaker 3: Belgium?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 12: I gotta I gotta imagine the book. He's had to have just taken a freaking bath with the with the USA winning some games around here, like Vegas might have to go bankrupt if they if they make it to like the round of I don't know soccer terms, semi finals, round to four.
Speaker 6: Quarter they try to get to the quarters.
Speaker 7: So yeah, and this is this is Anne's way of balancing things out. That way he wins every you know, like anyway, it's like he he wants us to win, but if they if.
Speaker 8: They lose, then he's got the money from the from the Belgium.
Speaker 7: I'll say this, I think this is the best, easily the best USA team we've ever had. I think that's clear based on the talent and where all those players are from and how they've been such a great cohesive unit and the other thing. For Belgium, they're very good, but they are a little bit of an older team, which is good as far as experience, but they're not going to be as fast and as physical as the USA team. So it's gonna be interesting. Dude, I'm like sweating thinking about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, let's be clear, right, Yes, I try to soften the blow with this sort of happiness hedge, but I'm not gonna be feeling like there's any sort of win if the Americans lose. I have huge hopes for them, and I feel like I have to get involved in place a big bet on Belgium or the Americans are gonna lose. Call me superstitious, Randall, but we're getting involved.
Speaker 12: You know, you know, it's nothing, there's nothing that I can imagine pisses off the world more than watching America do well.
Speaker 3: It's something they just don't give a shit about.
Speaker 6: Ye Like, well, yeah, we really are.
Speaker 3: We're not a soccer country, Kenny. You know, I know you're a lifelong soccer player.
Speaker 12: You know, I'll credit to the sport, but you know, we're just gonna walk in half asset, maybe beat a couple of countries where that's what they live and diet.
Speaker 3: You know, that's the USA for you.
Speaker 6: I mean, Connor McGregor is fighting this weekend, So I appreciate your tank top and any World Cup discourse, but let us talk about the matter at hand. What does that say the British Blue?
Speaker 11: What is thirteen?
Speaker 6: Yeah? The nation should I root for, by the way, other than the United States of America is Brazil, without question, been there thirty fucking times. All right, Max Holloway, Connor McGregor, have you guys seen the thickness on Max holliway rocket walking around like eighty five? What do you make of Max competing at seventy as Certainly you would expect that he would put on some weight, but uh yeah, I mean I feel like he wears it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 12: I have a billion questions going into this fight, right, I mean it's the the ring rust of Connor McGregor with an eighteen hundred day layoff versus the wear and tear that Max Holloway has received over the last five years. Right, He's felt like thirty something rounds he's been knocked out. So clearly Connor, I would assume, would be like the fresher, healthier fighter while Max has got you know, he'll have his timing down and everything because he's been active. You know when has Connor's style changed all the last five years?
Speaker 3: Right? Like he early in his UFC career, he was very diverse.
Speaker 12: He was always kind of trying things out, and then towards like his championship ran the last few fights, he kind of wanted to just slip your big your big shot and hit you with the straight left. Like, is is he going to be back to being creative? Is he back to his old gage? You know that when Max fights south pause, he loves to step outside that front foot and throw his three to two like, and so he wants an angle. Connor wants distance management like and then there's like you said, the weight class, Like Connor's making a huge deal of how he has experienced at one seventy and Max doesen't's like I think he's big deep into his promotional bag for something like that. I don't think it's usually a massive issue. I think both guys have similar frames. So whether they fight it one seventy five, I think the the size is going to kind of cancel each other out. But yeah, that's one of a thousand variables, John of Max Hallaway Conor McGregor.
Speaker 9: Two.
Speaker 6: Are you drinking right now?
Speaker 9: Where are you?
Speaker 12: I am in Bernville, California along the Urne River. YESL Haggard saying about mosquito bitten, sun burnt, hungover, but the batteries are charged. Man, I'm ready for a coonor McGregor fight week. And yeah, this's my my heaven on earth right here, Kernville, California.
Speaker 6: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful. Yeah, up in the mountains.
Speaker 6: I mean, you're one of the hardest working men in mixed martial arts that doesn't fight, but at least the early part of your week is providing a little bit of a respite. And we appreciate R. J. Clifford joining us here live on the Attic and Florian podcast. So there are a lot of different fights on this fight card that we could get into. You know, Ken Flow really likes this Lonnie Kavanaugh character. He's favorite to beat Brandon roy Ball. That's a fight that's on the main card. You got the sand Haaygen Eastern rematch. Mario was like a baby when they fought the first time around loss Antony, Patty pimblet King Ring, Terrence mc kenny. Uh what piature interest Randall a lot.
Speaker 12: I mean, the UFC does such a good job of you know, back in the day when it was kind of McGregor fights, they put like three title fights all on one card, really make it big, and now they kind of switch that up, and now it's just like a lot of like promotional guys that should have spotlight. Maybe their names aren't quite there yet, like Youtuge obviously coming event outstanding, but Gable Stepson's debut Man Gable Stepson's UFC debut. I mean, this is a guy that, like, you don't get more blue chippy than him, you know, like he's kind of like the next he's the same resume as brock lesnar basically right, little Wwe Russell the University of Minnesota. A couple of coffee in the NFL, just in an insane athlete that seems to have an aptitude for this. He's still on the right side of thirty, you know, Like why is he gonna, you know, deal with those right lights? Like this is a guy who's no stranger to the giant spotlight but that you know, that UFC debut, like you ask almost any UFC fighter, like, it's a little different. You know, it's a little different than anything they've ever done before. So, I mean, is this gonna be a trivia answer moving one day? Right when with Gable steveson the greatest headweight of all times UFC debut, You know it's something to I'll look out for all R Jaye.
Speaker 7: There's there's some photos circulating about Ben wasas antony and possibly a staff infection.
Speaker 8: I don't want to speculate it.
Speaker 7: Do you know any of the protocols that the UFC has or what may be happening on fight week if that is the case, and if there's any possibility that this fight doesn't go down.
Speaker 3: It is, I mean, I can't it's rare when that happens.
Speaker 12: I mean, I mean, you'll we'll hear a fighter, you know, fights falling through, and it'll say like undisclosed medical reason?
Speaker 3: Was that a staff? Was it an injury?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 12: Was it a female part that was pregnant? Right, there's like there's you know, it's it's medical information. So it's it's kind of close to the vest. But like I almost never hear of a staph infection stopping a fight from happening.
Speaker 6: I mean you just yeah, he picked a scab, Let him fight.
Speaker 12: Yeah, like put you put a little concealer on there, you know, yeah, you get you get makeup Chris to kind of do her work and no one knowing all the wiser, and you let him fight.
Speaker 3: You know, they signed a waiver, let him. Let him fight with some staph it is.
Speaker 7: I bought a couple of times with Stephy. It was under control with antibiotics.
Speaker 6: But uhan the other thing, the other thing r J.
Speaker 8: You know that I kind of had to go, whoa wa what? And I knew it was happening. Was Whitaker fighting at two old five? I was like, oh my gosh, that's right, he's fighting at two o five. What do you think his chances are beating a big two o fiver like Krilla?
Speaker 12: So I had talked to Whitaker about this several months ago, and it got me excited because, like, obviously, you know in the situation that he's that he's lost kind of one sidedly to kind of the top of the division right now, So getting back to UFC gold at that weight class seem kind of far fetch. And so I think too often fighters switch weight classes, not because the weight's and issue, it is just they wanted a reset, and it's an obvious one. He's gonna be very short for the weight class, but.
Speaker 5: Ken he like.
Speaker 12: He's isn't the best wrestler in the division at two o five, like he's there's there's some holes in there. You know, there's some prop there's some ranked fighters at two oh five where you're like, tell me what a curk can and he tap this guy and run a side mount on him.
Speaker 3: Like right, he's got he's got some He's it's interesting, it's very rangy.
Speaker 12: He's gonna be some of these guys are gonna have stick seven eight inches of height on him. But he's gonna be faster, he's gonna be able to move and and he wrestles better than almost anybody in the division.
Speaker 6: Like it's I'm intrigued, right, I mean, Krylov does have a lot of size for the light heavyweight division, but you're right, height isn't necessarily always an advantage, and Whitaker is long, he has a pretty reach. But yeah, it really is going to be interesting. He's a guy who made his UFC debut Kenfall and I were there in twenty twelve against Bradley Scott as a welterweight. So we'll see how it goes for Robert Whitaker. But a Whittaker Olberg fight would be huge. I mean, I know I'm getting ahead of myself, you know what I mean. But Australia versus New Zealand, so yeah, there's a lot of meat on the bone for UFC three twenty nine. I'm really just fascinated to see how Connor McGregor attacks a potential five round fight, and how much interaction we're gonna have with him during fight week, and how much you're really going to be able to glean into which version of Connor McGregor is going to show up. I can't even wrap my head randall around the fact that he's competing this weekend. I've thought about this being the shortest pay per view open in UFC history, Like he's back, Like what more is there really to say?
Speaker 12: Yeah, right, let the let the moment do the talking. Yeah, I'm I'm, like I said, so intrigued by what he's gonna do that through the twenty five minutes, Like you mentioned, CARDI has been an issue for him, but he's he's got so many cool tricks when he's tired, Like he's so good in the clinch and he knows how to just kind of like hang there for a while. He knows how to keep distance and I make that not be an issue. And just like how much ring rust versus being fresh, right like Kenny, you know, like there's no comparing octagon time, Like there's no amount of sparring, no amount of drills can like replace like the timing and feel of actually fighting, like he just can't. But I mean, five years fresh, a chance to heal a little bit, like obviously he had big injuries, and I think you know, he'll be the tenth championship level fighter in UFC history to have a thousand day layoffs for more, A lot of fighters win in these situations, like your saint Pierre famously, Misha Tate Dominic Cruz one of his two thousand day layoffs. Brock Lesner, I mean he'll have the second most right. Only Nick dias ad a longer layoff, so he'll have.
Speaker 3: A long one.
Speaker 12: But like guys coming back after a thousand days, they do better than people think.
Speaker 7: So yeah, and I was gonna say sorry to drop. Connor is probably the guy I'm least concerned with when it comes to that, just because he feeds off of the crowd and the energy of the moment, and he has that competitor's mindset where I don't think that's gonna be an issue. You know, can he keep up with the evolution of the sport, I think is more of a question than will he perform on fight night?
Speaker 12: To me the way I see it, Yeah, it's it's as Max as I don't believe that Max's chin has gone from one knockout of maybe the best knockout artist in MMA, Like I do not believe that for a second, Like You've got a lot of miles for sure. But he's in his early thirties, So it's it's gonna be I think it's gonna be a long fight.
Speaker 3: I really do. I think it's gonna I think this is gonna be a really really long fight, and.
Speaker 12: I think it comes down to, you know, can Max get the time or can Connor get his timing down after being gone for eighteen hundred days fast enough before Max puts together just you know, button mashing tech and striking that he does, and just just all the level all four limbs and just overload your hard drive with info like and Connor can figure that out. Connor's got a mind for that. But you know he's got to shake that ring ross off pretty damn quick.
Speaker 6: I mean that holloway jab is just gonna be heavy with the thickness at seventy. You know, I do think that Holloway's chin is still there. But it's a fascinating main event. It's in the welchweight division, Connor McGregor's return against Max Holloway. A few more minutes with r Jay Clifford. I want to ask you about the co main event because Patty Pimlet to me, just still seems underappreciated, underrated. His only UFC loss was his last fight against Justin Gaetchee. As we have said repeatedly, Joe Silva tried to sign him back in the day, right, he could have gotten to the UFC as a very young man. He chose twice to cut his teeth on the regional circuit. He does have four pro losses nearly thirty professional fights, and instead, I think people want to lean into like caloric binges after fights, which it's almost like the Carlos protest cigarette thing. You know, it doesn't even matter, you know, the Welter way too. Aren't like periodically smoking cigarettes, are actually not using nicotine in the right way to help their careers, you know. So what are your thoughts on Patty pimple But I thought, I don't know, I thought he would be I thought I understand current form, but I thought Patty Pimblet would be a slight favorite. He's the underdog against Bev losaut.
Speaker 3: I have been exactly the guy that you're talking about, Annik.
Speaker 12: I've I've I think underrated Patty a lot, like ever since, Like I thought Jared Gordon beat him, and I thought Jared I thought Patty made Jared look like Floyd Mayweather the way he was countering those strikes. But then he just kept winning and finding new ways to win. Obviously that justin Gaegee lost age like McKellen thirty year Like, that's you know, that's not a bad guy to lose to.
Speaker 3: After what we just saw at the White House.
Speaker 12: Right, So I'm willing to admit I'm wrong as he continues to keep winning.
Speaker 3: But I think I think Ben was Saint Deini's. He's got so he just.
Speaker 12: Throws so much into every strike and he's well rounded. And I think Patty, like after he throws at combo, the hands come down a lot, and I think that's gonna be hard. I think it's gonna be tough. But he's got a chin like granite, right, he can take it, take a shot, no problem. Fun fight man, England versus France. Right, fourth July weekend, you know we had our ally taking on the enemy. Well, we'll know what we're rooting for fourth July weekend.
Speaker 6: So I will see you on Thursday, if not sooner, right, but we'll be working together on the UFC Hall of Fame induction ceremony. What else does your UFC three twenty nine week hold in Vegas?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 12: Well, I got the I got the Hall of Fame on Thursday. Excited for that, and they're gonna do go from the Hall of Fame right into the press conference. So a nice, big crowd, gonna be a great Thursday night at T Mobile. The UFC has T Mobile all weekend, so then I'll be the the Way In Show at T Mobile, not at APEX, will be at T Mobile. Nice, then ceremonial weigh ins and then onto uh, onto the big fight nights and Connor McGregor week finally comes to an end in crescendos with him versus Max.
Speaker 6: Don't wait, well, if you're not paying attention, r J. Clifford, one of the stars of the Way and Show, and that will be live from T Mobile Arena. Yes, we're doing the UFC Hall of Fame ceremony as like a matinee in the afternoon. You know, I don't know if that should affect do I still have to wear a tuxedo. It's at fucking four o'clock in the afternoon, you know, but four o'clock leading into the presser? Yeah, all right, randon O, can we appreciate your time. We'll let you get back to it the coozie around whatever that beverage is, and uh, I'll give you a big hugg in about forty eight hours my man, but enjoy the great state of California and we appreciate your time as always.
Speaker 3: Good sir, Thanks boys, see you soon, rated RJ.
Speaker 6: RJ. Clifford with us live on the Edica Floran Podcast. All right, we mentioned the UFC Hall of Fame induction ceremony Dimitrius Johnson, Domina Cruz and Chris Widman. Will Ray long Go be there to support? Uh, let's ask the man, the myth, the legend. It's the Ray long Go minute.
Speaker 10: It's now time for the Ray Longo Minute.
Speaker 6: I'm going to post a hole in this fucking substance.
Speaker 10: That's what the Ray Longo Minute.
Speaker 13: The John Annik and Kenny Florian Podcast.
Speaker 6: Oh hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey hey, look live out there. Happy Monday, Raymond Pete. So you know, I you know, I like substances and I am all for ending the mind at whatever hour, right, wake and bake? Fine?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 6: But I asked R. J Clifford if he was drinking at nine fifteen am Pacific on a Monday, and he dodged the question. He did seemed like he was drinking.
Speaker 8: That was the Bruce Kee for sure.
Speaker 11: I'll tell you straight up, I'm not I'm not dodging anything.
Speaker 6: No, I you do not dodge questions, that's for sure. Yeah, you're in the line of fire willingly. So are you flying to Las Vegas for Waman's induction ceremony or what?
Speaker 11: Yes, I will be inducting my good Wow. Oh wow, you didn't know that.
Speaker 6: I assumed. But I haven't peeled back the curtains just yet. You know, I'm focused on fighter prep.
Speaker 11: Sorry, you know, I had that Bakoup trip killed me. But the preps. I'm still gonna put the finishing touches on today. But uh uh yeah, wait wait what do you say it's in the afternoon? Yes?
Speaker 6: Or is it just you? Is it you and Matt Sarah? I mean, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Just be me?
Speaker 6: But yes, sorry, with all respect to Matt.
Speaker 11: But honestly, Matt, Matt's getting a shout out because without him it wouldn't have happened. And he was involved in every decision and every you know, we talked every day about the fights and stuff. So I got to put that in there too, because I wouldn't want to leave that out. I mean, he's he was gracious enough to make me the frontman and bloody blady blah and the rest is history.
Speaker 8: Ray, are you practicing this speech in front of a mirror?
Speaker 11: I have not practice. I haven't got it's not done yet. But in my head, you know the stories, and I think I could do the stories without even looking at anything, which.
Speaker 6: This is what I was afraid of.
Speaker 11: Oh, no way, what's the matter.
Speaker 6: This is gonna be a three hour speech. I will.
Speaker 11: I will say this in writing it. It really brought up a lot of old emotions. And you know, this kid was out of control, man, from the second he walked in the gym. So it's I don't think it'll be longer than like five to eight minutes. And I can't see that.
Speaker 6: I'm just messing around, just messing about. You're Ryah Faber though. If you're out there, bro, he might still be talking, right Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 11: Well that you know. You know what's funny. Last time, when I inducted Matt Sew into the Hall of Fame, they were all over me, man, that guy and whatever his name was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, different different people running the show now.
Speaker 11: But nobody's even said anything, which is crazy, but they wanted Yeah, go ahead. Sorry, you have the.
Speaker 6: Conor McGregor press conference coming up right after the Hall of Fame. So it's in the afternoon at four, and I think the presser is at seven or seven thirty. No, I just like to knock your balls around a little bit and have fun when it comes to the length of the speech. But I could mention some of the longest speeches in UFC Hall of Fame history. You know, I've been up there for thirteen years, you know, I mean aber, I mean they were walking out, you know. So yeah, got to be I don't know who's headline in the class or when you're going what is the What.
Speaker 11: Would you think is the average what would be a good length of the speech?
Speaker 6: So I think five to seven minutes is good. I've taken a machete to my piece, ye to try to expedite things because I know what we're up against the press conference right afterwards, and the tendency is is that there's a lot of storytelling, and once you go off script, the five to seven minutes is out the window.
Speaker 11: No, I'm not saying a wolf script, but when I look down to I don't I wouldn't have to read a lot of the stories if I get them out, But I can't see them being more. Yeah, you're right though, who the hell knows.
Speaker 8: It all started? There's Kansas at nineteen twenty nine.
Speaker 11: But you know, the problem I'm having is like, as I'm doing the speech, like today's fight is unrecognizable to what was going on back then. It's just, you know, it's just that, don't look Yeah, a different time. But you know, guys win a fight, they want a free meal at the fucking PI. They want their shoulders rubbed. You know, you gotta where's the grit? You know what I mean? Like, you know, Kenny, it's like you put a person on welfare, why do they want to get off? They keep giving him shit, you know what I mean, Like it's definitely weakened. I mean, this kid was living in his mother's basement. He wanted to get the fuck out.
Speaker 8: Like I'll forget.
Speaker 7: I'll never forget the twenty seven pound weight cut in ten days to fight Damyan Maya.
Speaker 2: It's just like that.
Speaker 8: Why it was different, dude, And that was early in his career.
Speaker 11: Like he would have said, he would have did anything. He had three pounds to go. We put him in the sauna for fifteen minutes. He didn't drop an ounce, Like it was just heartbreak. He was falling on the floor.
Speaker 13: It was.
Speaker 11: Uh, but I'm not going to go crazy with those stories. But he was a guy, you know, thirty pounds in a week, no problem, broken ribbed no problem. You know, fractured foot, no problem. He just went through shit. Man, And it's today, God for bid, you have a fucking headache. You know, I don't want.
Speaker 6: I don't want to.
Speaker 11: I mean, I can't get. Guys can't get. I'm losing fights for everybody. Nobody wants to fight anymore. They want to keep a perfect record. It's just it's disheartening, man, say it really is. So those days, I don't think they're ever coming back. But uh, he was. He was a stud for a second. He walked through the gym door. And one of the other stories, you know, I'll be telling us that. You know, there was a guy calling me up for six months with this guy, I want to bring him down. I'm not interested. I couldn't give a shit. I really couldn't. And thank god, he walked in the gym on his own. And then you know, once I met him, I go, man, I really loved this kid. And we spoke for like till two o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: And that was it.
Speaker 11: Man, we just were off of the races.
Speaker 6: But your careers are so inexorably linked, your career and Chris Wiman's right, And certainly if this was a Mixed Martial Arts Hall of Fame, you would already already be in the contributors wing for everything that you have done. But there are so many stories about Chris, right, and this is almost a great platform to tell some of them. Right, Like Joe Silva was more interested in John Valante back in the day.
Speaker 11: Joe Silva, there was a jersey card. This isn't in the speech, but there was a jersey card. He basically, we don't need you with selling the place out and bloody bla. And you know, it's just Joe Silva tortured that guy at times. It's nothing short of talk.
Speaker 6: Oh, I was still, let's keep it light. I wasn't trying.
Speaker 11: No, I'm just saying, oh, but it was yeah, did he know, Yeah I liked Joe. Yeah, no, No, I liked him too, but it was it was, I don't know, he had to take that. He took that Szakara fight on two weeks notice.
Speaker 2: We got the call.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, you know before that we went down to Philly to talk to Beyond Rebney. He was gonna be the face of Belatore. Rebney was saying, I think he was giving him like ten thousand dollars signing bonus, which for Chris at the time was a huge thing. It was thank god he didn't go.
Speaker 2: That route, you know.
Speaker 11: So, yeah, this made me know what we're excited. This might be ten minutes.
Speaker 6: No, well no, I just what sometimes happens is And I don't know if people enjoy this sort of behind the scenes conversation or not, but what ends up happening is that some of the speeches end up being like twenty two minutes, and we don't have like Austin like shuffle them off. But we have a hard deadline this time around. So I'm gonna do whatever I can to chop up my part to make sure that you know, you guys all have a ton of real estate.
Speaker 11: I get it. Yeah, sorry, Joe. When I get it done today, I'll read through it and if it's more than about I'll chop it up too. But I think somebody, I think it's good for the younger people to hear what things will like back then when this guy was coming up, and you know.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 11: He was a phenom at the time. He really was.
Speaker 6: So speaking of phenoms, Ken Flower was there April sixth, twenty thirteen in Sweden when Connor McGregor made his UFC debut. Connor McGregor's fighting this weekend, and I don't really know what to make of it. I sort of feel like it's going to be the easiest open for me to write that I've ever written, because the biggest superstar mixed martial arts history is back for the first time in five years. It feels unfair to ask you what your expectations are, but that's why they pay you the big bucks. Max Holloway is a pretty big favorite, less or so than maybe three weeks ago. But what are your expectations for Connor in a five round fight?
Speaker 11: You know, the expectations are to see if he could overcome his last five years of just being sidelines and he had that injury and you know, the partying and stuff. I just hope he he showed up in good shape and he puts on a good fight. That's all I'm looking for, you know. But the expectations as far as something spectacular having right now, I don't have it. Maybe by the time the fight comes out, be a little better. But wait, let me just switch courses for a day, just for a second. John'm sorry, you're gonna kill me. But Kenny, I mean back in the day, it was a different time you were there. I mean, I'm even thinking, what if it happened to that guy Burns with Curns. Wasn't he a conditioner? Like what happened to that Guyurns?
Speaker 8: He's still burning, He's still.
Speaker 11: That fuse didn't go out. You're saying it's not extinguished.
Speaker 8: It's always there.
Speaker 6: And he just got a fresh flattop at the barber shop.
Speaker 11: He seems like that type of guy that's he's not going anywhere but barnicle on a boat, right nolp flat. But I was thinking, even all the strength guys back then, we're getting, you know, some shine, And it was just a crazy period of time. Everything was kind of new and people will grind it. I don't know. I just came to me, but no, I just popped into my head. I had to get it out.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 6: No, it's funny, and I've said this before, but you know, I felt like, you know, when I started covering Mma, I was late to the game, and I was actually early, but I thought I was late.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think you did hindsight, you were early, I mean.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I guess. Then let me ask you guys this about Connor. What is your relative level of enthusiasm for this show versus UFC Freedom two fifty, Raymond Pete.
Speaker 11: I had. I was more enthusied for UFC two fifty. I think that there were better matchups that the matchups that I wanted to see I thought were real good matchups. And yeah, I don't I don't have the same excitement, but again that could change. I'm still, you know, not totally jet leg, but I think I just got back Saturday in my head.
Speaker 6: So right, Yeah, Kenny, you have seen Freedom two fifty had the two biggest stars right now, Eliotoportia and at and certainly the fight card was better and and there's no title fight this.
Speaker 7: Week, so yeah, I think I was more excited for that two fifty card, you know, the Freedom to fifty card, just because of the matchups. Obviously, championship belts online that always matters. However, I will say I'm probably more intrigued with this card just because of Connor I want to see what Connor comes back. He's got a great opponent in Max Holloway. What's Max Hollowey gonna look like at one seventy and so to me that's intriguing it. Of course, you know, having that history of calling Connor's first fight and knowing about him prior to coming to the UFC and hearing all the hype around him and seeing what he accomplished, I'm always gonna be excited for Connor McGregor fight. And I hope that you know, he's able to come back at least perform well even if he loses, that he comes back and performs well, because I think the sport, the sport doesn't need connormc gregor, but he certainly helps.
Speaker 6: It's just a crazy circumstance to call these two events, or have these two events back to back, right, because there won't be any event bigger than the one that we just did two weeks ago, and yet here we are with Connor fucking McGregor, yeah, this weekend. So I'm very excited. I'm very anxious. If you can't tell, Patty Pimlet, Ben was Antony in the co main event, Raymond, do you have any thoughts on that. Who do you think is the betting favorite than that one kid?
Speaker 11: I'm saying Patty Pimlet's the favorite.
Speaker 6: I thought so too. I was wrong. We were both wrong.
Speaker 11: Oh wow, what's what's the odds on that filt? Well?
Speaker 6: Sawtany's ripped off several in a row? I think four in a row. It's close, But you know, I mean Patty's like plus one thirty or something.
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm excited for that fight too. I think that's a great fight.
Speaker 3: You know that fight.
Speaker 11: I'm you know, the McGregor thing is Kenny used the word intriguing, yet it is intriguing, and I'll tell you he's definitely gonna bring eyeballs. He's got a loyal following still, but five years is a long time away from the game, man, it really is. So it's that, to me, is the whole thing Kenny can he perform after that type of layoff?
Speaker 7: And yeah, what was it a twenty seven minute sellout or something like that? The whole sold minutes. So he's still people want to see him fight.
Speaker 11: Like, yeah, you know, but that it's it's look, I think it's a hard task. I think it was always hard. I mean, Lennon took off two years against Tagl at that time, and they thought that was a big deal and he came back and obviously had a great fight. But five years is that's a long time?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Red Long a minute here on the Anakin Floring Podcast Today presented by thrown Sport functional Better for You coffee made for active, on the go lifestyles, just like Raymond Pete's on the go lifestyle. Incidentally, this guy from Baku, Azerbaijan to Las Vegas each can one hundred and fifty millions of natural caffeine, natural sweeteners, one hundred percent of your daily B vitamin. Lattes have ten grams of pro team cole Bruis, are low sugar, and many dairy free options as well. Thrown Sport Coffee is also NSF certified for Sport. You can find thrown Sport Coffee and retailers nationwide, including Cases Quick Tripping where I get it at Whole Foods. Raymond gets it for free. I go to Whole Foods. You can also get it online on Amazon, Walmart, and their website directly Sport Coffee dot Com. Thrown Sport Coffee Get going, keep going, and shout out to the fans on X who are like, this is actually pretty good, as if we would be pushing like shitty coffee, you know, thrown Sport coffee. Raymond fucking Pete.
Speaker 11: I'm a coffee drinker, and that coffee was really good.
Speaker 6: So a few other items on UFC three twenty nine, if I could, We got a few more minutes here with Raymond p Wendy. You leave for Las Vegas by the way, Wednesday, Wednesday? Yeah, and are you staying for the show?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 11: No, I'm in and out. I got things to do.
Speaker 6: What do you have to do? What do you have to do?
Speaker 11: I got some things coming up, but I don't know this could tell you? This is this is uh, it's my second guy in the Hall of Fame. I might just but there's a side. I mean, it's just just cool.
Speaker 2: It quits.
Speaker 6: You wanted to retire? Wow, we got some breaking news here hit John Anagast Raymond Longo why he will not be sticking around for UFC three twenty nine, and Longo hints at retirement.
Speaker 11: So I got I got some things to do back home that longer.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, So because I was gonna maybe offer up my two tickets in my hotel room. You could come hang out for the weekend, but it sounds like you're gonna be wheels up back to the East coast. Yeah, okay, all right, I want to ask you, no, I no, I mean no, I want to ask you real quickly about Gable Steveson. Uh yeah, I mean, I feel like when you have a stabilizing force in the corner like he does. You know, I don't necessarily worry about the jitters as much as I would, but my gosh, man, I mean he is. He has as much hype and pressure as any heavyweight prospect in the last ten years, for sure.
Speaker 11: Right, oh, without a doubt. It looks like he's so far handling it pretty fucking well. It looks like he loves to throw hands and with his wrestling, I mean, he's going to be a problem, a major, major problem.
Speaker 6: All Right, I'm gonna throw a few other fights your way and whatever you want to give your opinion on that would be absolutely fine. We have a rematch up bandam Way between Corey Sandhagen and Mario Bautista. We have Robert Whittaker at two to five against Nikita Krillov. What do you make of the Reaper at two hundred and five pounds.
Speaker 11: Uh mean, I'm pulling forda. I think Whittick is a great.
Speaker 6: Dude, man, great human being, has six children.
Speaker 11: I think he's a good dude. I think he shoots from the hippies, an honest guy. Look, he started out at one seventy, it was fantastic at eighty five. I mean, I hope he gets it done. I think it's a It.
Speaker 2: Should be a good fight for him.
Speaker 11: It should be a good fight for him.
Speaker 6: That's your way.
Speaker 2: Who's favorite?
Speaker 6: And Robert Whittaker? Whittaker's favored, albeit slightly. But I just am curious what sort of would be the progression if he were to beat Krilov. Whitaker's minus one fifty five right now on DraftKings sports Book kerl Lov plus one thirty. But what would be the progression because that division is ripe, Like if Alex Paeta stays at heavyweight, and I think most of the two oh five ors other than maybe the champ, would hope that he would.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: Who's the next? Right Jamal Hills now at heavyweight right, I mean, could be a pretty expeditious rise for Whittaker if he can make a statement against Krilov, I don't.
Speaker 11: Yeah, sure he's got the yakoladz to do that, but I, uh, we'll see what happens. Well, I've been in one fight at a time. I wouldn't look past Krilla, but I think his uh speed of foot and handspeed and is dodging in and out should get.
Speaker 2: The job done.
Speaker 6: You know, all right? Before I let you go, it sounds like you got a couple of fighters that maybe are going to keep you around for a little bit longer. But do you think you'll still be actively cornering and coaching MMA athletes in five years time?
Speaker 11: Oh? I not as the main guy.
Speaker 6: It's so interesting because if we asked you that at times over the last eighteen months, you would have been like, I want to fucking do this till I die. And so there has been a little bit of a shift.
Speaker 11: Well I said, not as the main guy, but I don't know the look. It's all about feeling. Man, if the patient goes, I'm will walk away immediately, you know see.
Speaker 6: Because that's how I feel about the Anakin Floran podcast. I'll do the show into eternity, but I don't want to be the main guy. Anymore.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 11: Oh, if you're not the main guy, we're in trouble.
Speaker 6: Oh you're the main guy. If you're not the main guy in the corner, then this can be the longer the ray longo sh with John and Kenny and you can drive the boat.
Speaker 11: I told you last week when you said you prepared two and a half hours, I said, that's two and a half hours logan than I prepared.
Speaker 6: So hey, we love your buddy. I'll see a couple of days.
Speaker 11: All right, definitely let's hook up, though for sure.
Speaker 6: What do you want to do? I mean, what do you want to get dinner? I mean, ah, tomorrow, tomorrow. I'll be there tomorrow. Yeah, I have I have some obligations pretty much every day. But yeah, I mean maybe we can connect Wednesday.
Speaker 11: Can you say that on the air?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I'm not gonna. I could, but I'm not gonna.
Speaker 11: You think you think we're all in the same hotel.
Speaker 6: I'm a little bit further west. I think, oh, yeah, I think we are in the same hotel. Let's fucking go. If I had a table that wasn't from I Keia, I would hit it right. We gotta go, We gotta go.
Speaker 11: All right, guys, I see you in Vegas and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: They're staying at the Flamingo one zero.
Speaker 11: We'll come up with a safe word. John. If I start rambling, just scream it out and I'll just cut the speech.
Speaker 6: Oh I can't wait to cut the tension backstage.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I'm nervous.
Speaker 6: It'll be less nerve wracking in the afternoon, though. There's something about being in prime time that makes it a little bit more tense, you know. Anyway, all right, get a haircut before I assume. No, definitely, and I just got my he so I can see the total backage and them We'll let you go back to the tanning both take them off. No, I can't take them, all right, all right, see right, we love you.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 6: I wonder if Ray got any bad weather. I'm gonna have Cody tap into my Instagram a little bit to show you what happened at my wife's house and all the tree damage. But Cody, I do want to call on this voiceover video real quick before we get to Yanni the Greek. So sometimes you post a video on Instagram and oh, we got Yanni the Greek. So I'm not gonna do that until maybe the end of the show Yanni in sixty seconds. But ladies and gentlemen, you know what it is. UFC three two nine. Big fight is coming up. Who do you think is gonna win? Max Holloway the favorite or Connor McGregor the underdog. Anikin Flooring Podcast is teamed up with DraftKings to bring you a brand new offer and DraftKings, by the way, now available in all fifty burger all fifty states from New York to California, so no matter where you are, you were always connected to the fund. New DraftKings customers sign up with code A of Pod spend five bucks to get two hundred in rewards within twenty one days. That is Code A of Pod in partnership with DraftKings. The Crown is yours bet with DK sportsbook gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler one one hundred my reset Connecticut called eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven. Visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Boothill Casino in Kansas. Bet tax passed through may apply in Illinois twenty one plus void in Canada. Event contract trading with DraftKings Predictions involves risk of loss availability varies. Bet to get bonus bets that expire in seven days. Trade to get fifty dollars in prediction dollars that expired one year, issued every seven days via click to claim for twenty one days. One non withdrawable reward, redeemable predictions Offer Boyd New York and July nineteenth terms of DKNG dot co slash Audio Cody. You know the disclaimers long just cover my fat face for it. Let's get to Yannie the Greek. It's time to make some predictions. We have eight of them UFC three, two, nine, McGregor the Holloway too. And you know, for the big numbered events we call on the best handicapper in the business, that is Yanni the Greek and Yannie. We don't really know what to make of this. Connor McGregor return, It's great to see you. So are you a Philadelphia seventy six ers fan?
Speaker 10: Wall was as a kid, even went to the eighty three parade. Cut school wow in the parade, yeah yeah, yeah, And they were all playing you know joke and saying that Bobby Jones's nephew. When I was on the subway getting there. My cousin is is the best time, great time. And then two years later Doctor J retired and they had another parade that was elementary school. I cut school and take the train down to Center City. Like the thought of that. Now, letting your kid do.
Speaker 6: That, right, No way. I'm telling you though, if you're listening and your team wins a championship, just go to the parade. It's it's a truly unique experience. All right. We have eight predictions that we are going to lay your way today, ladies and gentlemen. It is UFC three twenty nine McGregor versus Holloway two. Want to get a quick pick on this bandam way fight. Adrian yan Yez minus four to ten Cody Garbrandt plus three twenty Yanni, I'm not sure if there's any value on Cody no love or if you do like the big favorite yan Yez. He's minus four to ten despite cashing just once in his last five What do you make of the bandon weights on the prelim portion? Yanni?
Speaker 10: Yeah, And that's the problem. I mean, if I have to pick the winner, I'm gonna lean to the yan Yes side. He should win this fight. That's why he's a four to one favorite. But I don't think there's any betting value. He opened minus two fifty. If he got down at that number, he plays the good bet. Hopefully he goes out there and does his job for you. But I just don't see the advantages where he would be that big of a favor. I look at strength of schedule, six wins again cosponents that were nine and nine. It's his losses that are more impressive. Where with the Guarbrand strength of schedule he has a huge edge and in a fight that should remain standing. I just don't see the huge disadvantages. The chin will be a problem. Again, I'm not betting it, but it's dogger pass.
Speaker 6: Cody Garbrand defeated Shall Long back in March. There were growing strikes point deductions can flow relative to the past few years. Pretty quick turn for Cody, No love. He's plus three twenty right now, Kenny, what do you say?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that's a good sign that he kind of wants to fight and stay active. I just haven't seen that fire or you know, let alone that emotional control that he was legendary for when he beat Dominic Cruz in one of the most impressive title fight performances that I've ever seen. Now, I think we're all long ways away from that Cody Garbrandt. And for that reason, I mean, you got to have jan Yez here. I think he's been the more consistent performer. I think he's gonna gonna be the guy that like tries to get a bigger name off of beating a big name in Cody Garbrandt, and I just see him having a little bit too much of an advantage heading into this one.
Speaker 6: So Janni, when people talk about Justin Gaegee beating iliot Topotia is one of the biggest upsets in UFC history, and they don't contextualize it by saying maybe one of the biggest championship upsets in UFC history. They lose guys like me and probably guys like you, Which brings me to Gable Steveson the Olympic gold medalist is minus twenty eight hundred. Elijah Ellison trying to cash at plus thirteen hundred, Now this would be maybe the biggest upset in UFC history. What do you make at Gable and is there any way to sort of attack the board if you do like that side, Well.
Speaker 10: Let's just forget the ex's and no's. Just just simply look at the betting line you touched on minus twenty eight hundred. The break even on minus twenty eight hundred is ninety six point five to five percent. So he has to win this fight one hundred percent of the time for you to have less than a three percent edge and implied win probability. So if even there's a one percent chance that he has a headache anything black Swan. I mean, the best traders in the world factoring five percent for black Swan events. So I mean you look at it as far as sports betting, maybe we factor in a one percent two percent for black Swan event. I see no edge. Again, He's going to go out there get the job done like he should, but from a betting perspective, there's no value at all. But there's not value in the dog either. And at plus thirteen hundred, he only has to win this fight seven percent at a time, and I still can't see him getting there because its pre UFC opponents. He has like one or two fights against guys with a winning record. He gets smashed. That's what happens. But again, no betting value on Stevenson at that part.
Speaker 6: Elijah Ellison Kenvil plus thirteen hundred. He can change his life here, right, I mean he was finished quickly in his UFC debut last September. Nickname is the snack Panther. We'll see what he has for Steveson this weekendflow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, amazing Nick, And seems like a really good guy, former military guy, former police officer as well. Seemed like, you know, he made this shift of fighting which really kind of saved his life, he said. And you know, I think he's he's obviously I think that Steveson has the athletic advantage, no question about that.
Speaker 8: But this guy is an athlete. He can crack, he can hurt you.
Speaker 7: So I think he's got to just look for that kind of you know, big mistake from Steveson, or just catch him as he comes in. But uh yeah, I mean Gable should win this, and should win this pretty quickly. I think Allison is Allison is a blue belt in Brazilian jitsu, so not gonna be a huge threat on the ground.
Speaker 8: I think his biggest threat is going to be on the feet.
Speaker 7: And I just think that Gable, Steve said, is going to be too much of a powerhouse with his Takedowns all.
Speaker 6: Right, featured prelim and light heavyweight Robert Whitaker minus won fifty five Nikita Krilla plus one thirty. So the former middleweight champ Whittaker going up to two h five began his UFC run. As we mentioned, as a welterweight, he hasn't fought since a five round split lost to Rhinier DeRidder in a main event last July. I thought he was highly competitive. I know RJ was sort of suggesting that maybe against that division's elite he no longer can compete, but uh, you know, I was encouraged by Whittaker's last outing. How do you see him here at two oh five in this debut against the Kida Krilov Yuani.
Speaker 10: Well, I think the odds makers got this one right. When the first book that went the market opened cry Off as the favorite. Within five minutes, Whittaker got the minus two hundred, and since then we've been seeing the cry Off money coming in and I completely agree with that number one. You touched on it moving up the light heavyweight. So we have some questions there on the Whittaker side. Tough to quantify what that's worth, but he's coming off back to back losses, so he's not coming in with momentum, and more importantly, zoom out a little further and he's three and four over his last seven flip side of that, cry Off, he's gonna have physical advantages three inches in four inches in reach, and he got that pressure off because he finally got that win after his return from that two year years off. You know, he got that w went three rounds and I don't see just any disadvantages in the data. I mean, Kenny's the x is and O's guy, but I just see in the striking he's two x greater in strike differential, and Whitaker spends most of his time, you know, eighty one percent has minute striking from a distance. In the grappling, I think, at least on paper, Cryloff has the advantages when five x the control time attempts four point eight takedowns per five minutes from a distance, so he can mix it up. Yeah, I know Winner's got that great takedown defense obviously, but I just think cry Off have plus money's a gift a worst case this is a coin flip, and you're getting me plus one thirty on a coin flip. I love the cry off side win or lose. I think it's a good bet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's well set up. In Kenny at UFC Freedom two fifty, we were talking about Seedle Ghan and Justin Gaetchee as the two fighters who had the experience in that weight class, and we saw what happened. I know that's just a recent, short sample size, but Krilov does have three inches in height, he has four inches in reach. He is the underdog. Though this weekend can flow, which side do you fall on?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, I'll say that.
Speaker 7: You know, Whittaker has had the far more difficult level of competition, right two five isn't necessarily known as being the most skillful division. So I like the fact that Whittaker is coming in here and going against the guy in Koreelof who does have a lot.
Speaker 8: Of experience, but he does make a lot of mistakes.
Speaker 7: And you know, if you're talking about you know, the momentum and the danger factor, all those things come into play. But I just think the more skillful fighter is the one to watch out for. And while I do have my doubts about whether his power will carry over, I do think his speed is going to be a significant advantage because you know what it was at one hundred and seventy pounds, Like he was one of the faster guys that won seventy. I think he'll bring that speed that's going to surprise a lot of tool fivers there. He's a huge name in the division, So John, I agree with you what you said earlier. He could make a nice run for that belt the next year or so if he's successful.
Speaker 8: But I think this is a great.
Speaker 7: Matchup, all of these matchups, so all the way as we go down the card, I think the matchmakers did such an amazing job. It's really close. But I do like Whitaker here. I do think either he'll be he's gonna be able to catch kreel off or win by decision just by outpointing him and just being more successful all the way around.
Speaker 6: All right, now we get to the main card, Yours Live on Paramount Plus main card opener at lightweight Terrence McKinney minus one forty eight, King Green plus one twenty four. So McKinney has yet to receive an official bonus from the UFC despite eight round one finishes as a UFC fighter. But when you look at the schedule, Yannie, this is the biggest name he's ever fought, the Ageless King Green. What do you make of the lightweight main card opener?
Speaker 10: My men, Yeah, that the Ageless King Green's coming in with momentum, and I think that's why there's a little recency bias on the price. And we've seen money coming in on the Green side. Three nice wins, you know, but you zoom out a little bit further and six' five zero and one over his last twelve but at plus, money you, know that's. POSITIVE roi on the flip side with, McKinney like you, said zero decisions in his THIRTEEN ufc, fights you would usually expect him to regress towards the. Mean we're talking about a weight class which is fifty to fifty whether DECISIONS i. FINISHES i just don't see that happening in his. CAREER i don't think they're gonna have a big enough sample size for him to regress towards the. Mean this one's under one and a half minus three, sixty so the judges could take take this one. Off and that's where there's a little bit of randomness involved in that. Finish that that's what worries. Me about back in the McKinney, side even at this discounted, Price BUT i do think he's should be the favorite close to that. Price he's six and, two he's been profitable in this spot as a, favorite and he's got some upside in the ground, game like at least the as shows in the stand up very very comparable. Stats AND i do Give King green the strength of schedule advantage no, disrespect but most of that is due to the, losses like very very respectable, losses and you gain a ton of experience and knowledge from those. Losses it's not all, negative but that's what really brings the overall strength of schedule. Up SO i do think there's some recency bias again on The King green. SIDE i think it's a mckinnier pass. Situation But i'm not comfortable laying this, price, Like i'm just. NOT i think there's just too much randomness involved in the finishing of how this one goes. Down and, YEAH i Think i'm just gonna enjoy this from a spectator's standpoint.
Speaker 6: That's well set up as. Usual this will be the thirty FIRST ufc appearance for the Legendary King green schedule to join us here live on The Annakin Flooring podcast at the bottom of the. Hour he will be forty On september. Ninth and, YEAH i MEAN i lean far more in to the zel Huber win THAN i do The Jeremy Stevens. WIN i do like all The green activity of late, RIGHT i mean dating To march eighth of twenty twenty, five this will be his fifth Fight kenny in a span of sixteen, months WHICH i think is something that is. Encouraging but, Yeah age, cheats no. Man what do you Think King Green tarrence McKinney at fifty? Five who do you?
Speaker 7: LIKE i think it's going to be extremely volatile up until you, know round. TWO i think round, ONE i think there's a lot of chaos that can ensue. McKinney that's where he's most. Dangerous AND i think that his technique level kind of drops down significantly after round. One but boy does he have an offensive arsenal that.
Speaker 8: Is extremely dangerous and.
Speaker 7: Capable and as you, Know yannie was, saying you, know nine KOs nine. Subs this guy can get a ton on the feet and get it down on the. Ground But King green has an ability to make you fight his.
Speaker 8: Fight he's.
Speaker 7: Unorthodox he's, awkward he gets in your, face he stays, busy he loves to fight and kind of feeds off of that, energy right like similar to A Nate. Diaz AND i Like King green. HERE i think that a lot of people have been sleeping on. Him and, yes you know he's a little bit, older BUT i still think he's very. Capable if he survives round, ONE i give him a great chance of winning this. Fight so McKinney's very. DANGEROUS i could see him winning in round, one but Gimme King. Green kind of gotta love McKinney's approach to pro. FIGHTING i think that would probably be my. Approach you, know he's.
Speaker 6: Exciting Miss you KNOW i wouldn't have a six, pack you, know one round. Fighter, Hey, JOHNNY i want to share this from our esteem Producer cody merrow. CHAT gpt analysis says fighters Like Robert whitaker moving from one eighty five to two o five in THE ufc are twenty, eight twenty nine and one, overall but if you Remove Michelle padata And Anthony, smith they are, thirteen twenty one and. One i'm not a smart mathematical dude at, all but those numbers seem excuse, Me Alex, podata Not, Michelle SO i am not that, smart, right but that seems kind of something that might bolster a krill of. Arguments, No, like that's pretty. Telling the fighters have not fared particularly. Well and that's a move that a lot of fighters seemingly try to make at one.
Speaker 10: Point in, Time and it makes a lot of sense why it. Wouldn't, again you've been fighting that one weight class in your entire. Life that's what your normal size. Is so what you've been working out, at fighting, at competing at, everything and now you're adding on weight and doing something new at a later point in your career where everything gets more. Difficult you're fighting an uphill. BATTLE i, know like the trainers and that, camp that sign's going to turn to all the positives that you're going to get out of. It but from a handicapping, PERSPECTIVE i just see a lot of negatives in moving up in weight class against the natch bigger. Guy they should always have the, Edge, LIKE i don't see how one man moving up and fighting the bigger guy is going to give the smaller guy the advantage unless he's just that much faster and able to carry that power up and With, rogers don't see that being the case here With kryloff, AGAIN i think Winn girl will have success in this weight class because he's just that kind of. Fighter he's elite no matter what weight class he's. At BUT i think he may take a little bit a couple of, rounds if not a couple of fights for him to get comfortable. There AND i Think krylov has a good is in a good, spot you, know with decent momentum coming in off a.
Speaker 6: Window very, Interesting thank, You cody All. Right flyway. Division Lonnie. KAVANAUGH i like That royvalf called him. Loner Lonnie kavanaugh minus two twenty Five Brandon royval's plus one to eighty. Five royvoll seemed in fine fedal with us earlier. Today he had a big twenty twenty, four, right and then twenty twenty five not so much the losses To van And, cop but still one of the best in the. World and try to sort of stay that way Against Lonnie, kavanaugh guy That Kent flow has touted for a. While, yohanni what do you make of the fly? Guys?
Speaker 10: Here here's another spot WHERE i don't want to be sound you know be. Born but the bottom line is pick the. Winner It's. Kavanaugh but from a betting, PERSPECTIVE i just don't see all that much, value especially as this line continues to. Climb he opened minus one, seventy got the minus one, eighty got the minus one. Ninety now you're looking at minus two twenty five against obviously dangerous Roy. Val he's coming off back to back, losses but AS i always, say when in, doubt zoom, out we zoom. Out he's five and one prior to those losses and he's has a huge edge in strength of. Schedule that five to one run was against guys Like moreno In Ti. Era so again he's being discounted here because of that back to back losses coupled with the perfect Storm kavanall coming in off a win against a name Like moreno where he got a, bonus so you expect him to come in over. Value the market's doing exactly what it's supposed to, do and that's correct itself towards the side of The cavanol because he's going to attract the money like that's WHERE i expect a lot of the risks to come. In and if the last line continues to. Climb i'm going to be forced to Bet rayval only because at least on, PAPER i don't see disadvantages in the, striking better strike, differential higher knockdown, rate and we know how Dangerous rayval is on the. Ground he can give up minutes by being comfortable in his back and that'll lose, you you, know around here or. There but, again if they keep Betting kavanaugh, up they're going to force me to get through the window with Roy, val AND i just don't want to do it because AGAIN i have a gut, too and my gut tells Me kavanaugh gets the w BUT i. FILE i tryed not to follow my gut and follow the, math and it served me. Well so for, me it's a pass right. Now but get me up to plus two twenty to ten ring AND i get interested.
Speaker 6: In rayva makes a lot of. Sense kavanaugh ten and one can flow twenty seven years of, Age Great, britain top team out Of. London he's well and you've used the adjective special to describe him prior to your thoughts On kavanaugh Against royval this. Weekend, BROTHER i.
Speaker 7: Think he's a world class striker when he's putting it all together, offensively, DEFENSIVELY i think he's really. Sound maybe the weakest part of his game maybe defense a little. BIT i also, think you, know getting that loss out To Charles johnson is gonna suit him. Well it's like he knows what that's. Like and NOW i think we're seeing the Real kavanaugh out. There his performance Against, MORENO i think was. Phenomenal that is going to build some serious confidence as he goes in there and faces a very dangerous guy In.
Speaker 8: Royval AND i love What.
Speaker 7: Brandon was, saying not only as far as his breakdown of the, fight but what he's doing in training to become a better. Fighter royval is another one of those guys who can be really good at luring you into a very chaotic. FIGHT i think that's where he. THRIVES i Think kavanaugh has to be very careful with, that and being the less experienced, fighter he's gonna have to be really disciplined in this.
Speaker 8: ONE i think it's a dangerous fight for. Him BUT i like kevanaugh here as.
Speaker 7: Well you, KNOW i think, that, uh he's feeling comfortable in THE, ufc AND i think he's gonna build momentum off of his last fight or so.
Speaker 6: All, right that brings us to a featured bout in the bandamweight. Division that really piques my. Interest Cory sandagen minus one forty. Eight Mario bautista is plus one twenty. Four so it's a, Rematch, yanni of a twenty nineteen. Fight Mario, bautista as you guys, know is twenty five years old at the. Time he was making HIS ufc debut on short. Notice since that, loss which came by arm bar three and a half minutes into round, One bautista is eleven and two in THE. Ufc San haagan is eight and five in THE, ufc but twice he has fought for the. Title he has fought all of the best guys in the. Division but a huge opportunity For. Boutista, thankfully Sand haagen signed on the dotted. Line, yanni who do you like San haagan the favorite Or bautista the?
Speaker 10: Dog, well this is one of those fights where you're gonna get most the sharp. Betters they're going to line UP i think on The batista. Side consider, this you, know a coin. FLIP a lot of recreational betters will probably be on The sanagan, side and the trends support. THAT i, mean he won the first, fight but he was a big favorite minus five six hundred, favors so obviously a much different situation this time, around but still that trend holds. True the winner of the first tends to win the second six and a half close to seven out of ten, times and if they're favored in the, first then favored in the, second it's even higher than. That so obviously there are advantages regardless of what year it took, place we have a big enough sample size that you can't argue. It but with that, said what's the? Price and with San haagen you're looking now where break even about sixty? Percent AND i think that's fair because he's coming, off you, know two of three, losses but it's Against morob And, umar so obviously the stiffest of. Competition But batista's one of those guys that just continues to get disrespected in the betting market for whatever, reason because he lacks the, FINISHES i, think and he lacks that flashy person that you know attracts, FANS i, think and because of, that you, know you've constantly been able to get value on someone Like, bautista and he just continues to. Win he's won nine of his last ten, fights and he's you, know coming off of finish as, well and he's still getting plus. Money that's attracted to someone like. Me i'm forced to, debt WHETHER i like it or, not BECAUSE i on paper it appears to be a coin. Flip it really. Does and again the data is almost. Identical if you look at their grappling data, especially it's almost exactly the. Same the percentage of time they're in, control percentage time they get, control their takedown, defense the amount of they've in, faced the exact amount of takedowns in their, Career like their data on paper is as even as you're going to get to. Me that's a coin, flip and that forces me to bet the. Dog but it's a spot WHERE i Think corey does get, it get it, done but there's just no line value there And i'm gonna have to take the plus money put me On.
Speaker 6: Batista, Yeah, KENNY i am calling the, fight BUT i agree with a lot of. THAT i just don't see a world in Which sanhagen would be north of minus one fifty Against Mario bautista in twenty twenty. Six AND i know math is not always great a, mma BUT i even like the Way mario Fought umar better than the Way corey fought. HIM i don't. KNOW i just feel Like bautista's current form is really really, strong and uh, YEAH i Think janni brought up a lot of truths as far as the plus one twenty four or. So what do you make of this one At Banaway? Kenny very very interesting.
Speaker 7: FIGHT i think For, sanhagen he definitely has to go into this one believing he's facing a completely Different Mario. BAUTISTA i Think, bautista you, know is riding high on. CONFIDENCE i think he's dangerous with his. POWER i don't think he's the most sophisticated, striker so in that, REGARD i Think sanhagen can let his striking. Shine but Even mario has, said, like, hey, listen this fight is.
Speaker 8: Not going to take place on the. Feet i'm gonna look to take this guy down.
Speaker 7: Now the big question is can he employ the same kind of game plan with the same amount of success that A Morob dualashvili Or Umar Namaga metoff did BEFORE i have my. DOUBS i don't know if he has that same level of pressure or that same level of technical ability that those guys do with their. TAKEDOWNS i also don't think That mario is as sophisticated as striker as An AMaGA, metoff BUT i think his mental, strength his physical, strength his, conditioning his pressure can be. Similar it's up To sanhagen and how he's going to, fight because sometimes we See sanagan go up against these guys that put a lot of, pressure especially with their grappling in he doesn't let his striking, shine he doesn't throw enough, volume and because of, that you, know he loses some close. Decision So sanhagen's got to let it. Fly he's got to fight with, confidence get off to a good, start AND i think if he does, That sanhagen should. Win i'm leaning the way Of, sanhagen BUT i do Think bautista is going to be dangerous out.
Speaker 6: There fascinating. Matchup can't wait to see the Rematch sanhagen And bautista under the lights this weekend At Team. Arena and that brings us to the comin. Event we've spent some time on this. Today in the lightweight, Division Ben wasson ius one forty, Two Patty piblet is plus one twenty So piblet thirty one years of, age coming off the loss To, gaichee and now he draws the hard Nosed ben Was anthony who has ripped off for a Row. Yanni who do you?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 10: Man that the sharp betters out there cost me a wager On patty the Batty AND i even have A PATTY t. SHIRT i had it ready to, Go, JOHN i was gonna wear it and. All but they just extracted all the. VALUE i, mean you KNOW bsd opens minus two, hundred you're able to get plus one fifty five On. Patty then you're able to get plus one twenty five On, patty won thirty five on. FORTY i mean he just kept. Dropping now it's down the plus one twenty and again they extracted the. Value and how he's going to bounce back off The gaichee loss is still a. Question, now you do expect his confidence to be at an all time high because of The taporia To, kaigi meaning seeing How taporia turned, OUT i think Gives pimblet some, confidence like, HEY i stood, it like kg is who he, is Like taporio was arguably the most feared, man most avoided, man and you know we sold gaigy finish on and if anything For, patty that's got to be a positive mental, WISE i can't quantify, it but it's got to be a. Positive AND i thought this was closer to a coin flip than either fight or being a two to one. Favor SO i was, Like, Yeah patty plus, Money i'm all over. It but the problem, is again they extracted too much of the. Value and even though on paper he's the more technical guy as far as breaking goes with the highest strike, DIFFERENTIAL bsd still has that power edge and we Know patty's chin is has been tested and appears to be, granted but he still has that power advantage when you see that five to one knockdown, ratio and that's hard to. Overlook, again and in the, grappling it's hard to see who's going to have the. ADVANTAGE i think bsd's going to have more control time possibly and he's got the more impressive takedown, ratio BUT i Think patty's more the sub threat and going to do more damage if he's on. Top so it's a tough one to. CALL i do think it's closer to a coin flip than either one being a two to one. Favorite gun in the. Head i'm taking the plus money every, time BUT i do think the value has been. Extracted and you know now it's at that range WHERE i can't fall better for taking The Saint denise. Side get. ME i NEED i need like close to that plus one forty, range And i'm On Patty. Pimblet Maybe i'll get, there but prices everything to, me and IF i can't get, IT i have no problem. Passing my goal is always to place good, bets even IF i. Lose i'm comfortable IF i KNOW i place the good. BET i don't like to place bad bets and feel Like i'm. Guessing and in this, point that's how it would.
Speaker 6: Feel at this. Price you mean like me On mexico last, night just looking for looking for. Action, yeah so it's, interesting, Right Ben Wiles Antoni kenny hasn't lost With Nicholas ott as his chief. Corner he's ripped off four in a, row and oftentimes are fat fighter. Meetings it's just all about the coaching and the strategy and the. Commitment and, uh you, KNOW i do Think Patty piblet's the better. Athlete what do you make of the co main, Event.
Speaker 7: JOHN i GET i got to give you kudos for picking these fights here that you had a break, down because with each, fight as we, go you, know closer to the main, EVENT i get less and less. Confidence Uh so it's tough. Man, listen both of these. Guys we've seen these guys in fights many times where they've been on the verge of getting knocked, out getting their back, taken and then also coming back and you, know uh winning a fight where where they were, losing you. Know so it's like there's so much chaos with both of these. Fighters SO i wouldn't touch this fight with a ten foot. Poll BUT i hate With yanni here in regards to kind of leaning towards the underdog. Here so the underdog Being. Pimblet i'm gonna Pick pimblet in this, one but there's a lot that can go. Down is it gonna be the wrestling Of Ben Wasson denis that kind of gets it done here with his. CONTROL i think it's gonna be difficult to submit someone Like. PIMBLET i think if someone gets the, submission perhaps It's. PATTY i Think patty is certainly gonna be the faster. Guy but both guys aren't necessarily. Technicians when it comes to striking on the. Feet not to say they're not, Dangerous they're just not the most technical, guys and because of, THAT i see a whole lot of mistakes in both of their. Games they are, dangerous they are exciting as hell as a. Result SO i just see a tremendous amount of volatility in this. ONE i think it's gonna be a really fun. Fight who wins THIS i don't, know But i'm leaning the way Of patty.
Speaker 6: Pimblet All, right you're welterweight main events AT ufc three twenty, Nine Max holloway Versus connor. McGregor right, Now Max holloway modus two twenty five or oh, Yannie connor McGregor comes back plus one eighty. Five So holloway humbled a little bit By Charles olivera back In march AT ufc three twenty, six now fighting at welterweight and welcoming back the biggest star in the sports, History connor, McGregor competing for the first time Since july, tenth twenty twenty. One on that fateful night he unceremoniously snapped his. Leg hasn't fought since we Saw Max Halloway north of minus three hundred now settling or SHOULD i say? Moving but minus two to twenty? Five, yanni what's say you about the main? Event?
Speaker 10: Wow right? Now this is for me a real easy type of matchup from a betting perspective Because i'm on a value Better like the REASON i and my seat is Because i'm able to uncover inefficiencies in the betting. Market nothing, else Like i'm not the exit to THE os, Guy i'm not The nime, historian nothing like. That BUT i win long. Term that's the bottom line and not to. Tell but that's Why i've been able to win six out of seven season on in the line and one losing your document it's in twenty twenty IN mma BECAUSE i only look to. BET i look at it from a from a market perspective and nothing. Else so for this, fight the bottom line is the only WAY i could look to bet it is It's Max holloway or. Pass the market's made this easy for, me and let me explain it from my perspective, quickly and For, kenny this is like. Bitcoin if you're if you're constantly buying at the high and selling it the, low what's gonna happen to you you're gonna lose. Money, well there's no way you're gonna beat the. Market if you're constantly buying the top and selling the, bottom you're gonna lose. Money, well sports betting is the exact, Same and in this, situation that's WHAT i would be doing IF i was betting on the econom McGregor's. Side because this line opened up on a wild goo with max and minus six hundred. Favorite he sat around minus fifth fifty for a, while sat around minus for forty for a, while sat around minus four hundred for a. While then he went On Aaril hawane On june. Fourteenth By june sixteenth he was down to a minus two to seventy. Favorite so within a couple of days he went from an implied win probability of eighty eighty two percent down to seventy seventy three. Percent that's a double digit change in implied win probability off of a couple of. Interviews that's the power Of conor McGregor on the mic and promoting a fight and more importantly himself his. Side and there's a lot of betters in the space who haven't Seen. Connor they only heard Of Connor they only know of the legend Of, connor and when they see this version of, him they can't wait to betterment plus. Money so you got him at plus plus fifty plus three seventy plus three fifty plus three, hundreds all those prices that have been available for the last four. Weeks you did a great. Job you placed a phenomenal, bet And connor's got a good well he could go out there and Finish max Why. Cheney but where it stands right now minus two twenty Five holloway's break even now sixty nine. Percent he went from eighty six percent to sixty nine. Percent that's a seventeen percent change in implied whim. Probability it only forces me in one. SIDE i can only For x's ands. ASIDE i can only Bet max or leave it. Alone and WHAT i think is gonna happen is you're gonna get even More connor. Money as fight week is here and he starts talking even, more and the, interviews he's a master of. It he even makes me want to go bet. Him and this line's gonna drop probably even, more and sharp betters are gonna scoop in there and bet The max, side thinking we have the value and got a good bet down And connor may make us all look foolish by going out there and Knocking max, out BUT i just can't bet that side older coming off an, injury inactive the weight, class and WHEN i look At mac fourteen fights against four fights in the same period of time in the last few, years It's holloway or. Passing they're they're forcing me On holloway to even, bet like forget, Pick they're gonna make me bet it. Right they're in a two, favorite and at that POINT i got to get to the.
Speaker 6: Window, yeah it's so. Interesting we acknowledged the betting line probably three weeks ago and just felt, like there's no way that plus three p thirty On connor is going to stick her out. RIGHT i didn't necessarily think about him cracking a mic and that leading to some of the. Movement But ken Flow Max holloway minus two twenty Five connor McGregor plus one eighty five what he.
Speaker 7: Say, gosh what a, fight so, intriguing so. INTERESTING i think For, connor you, know there's so much that can change in five. Years, guys both for the positive and for the. Negative someone can build themselves into a completely different, person a completely different fighter in five.
Speaker 8: Years, however that's five years away from. Competing what the what is that going to look?
Speaker 7: Like AND i think there's all so questions on The holloway side when you look at the fact that you know he's been dropped three times in three, fights you, know all different weight classes as, Well how is that going to hold up at one SEVENTY i imagine both these guys will probably walk into the cage in and around one hundred and eighty five pounds or so two to one five in that. Range but how your body can withstand punishment and what kind of force you can create at that weight is going to be very interesting for both. MEN i think that For holloway it could be, that, hey you, know those weight cuts were tough on, him and now his chin is going to be that much more. POWERFUL i don't, Know so there's a lot of question marks for both. Guys from What i've seen the very little footage Of connor, McGregor i've seen two significant, things and these were two vulnerabilities in his. Game one his lead leg putting so much weight on that lead. Leg he used to put so much damn weight on that lead. Leg because he was trying to load up and land that. Backhand and the other thing is he'd throw it and he'd put himself off balance and then keep that kind of lead hand down, low which he would get countered with or get hit.
Speaker 8: With SO i think he's not doing that as. Much from What i've.
Speaker 7: Seen he has a much more balanced stance where he's not having a lean forward, bias which means he can block leg. Kicks that's gonna be significant for that lead. Leg the other thing Is i'm seeing a guy who's holding his hands up a little bit more and not trying to force, knockouts leaning, forward throwing himself off balance with those big. Overhands SO i think that's a good. Sign and he kind of keeps reference to the fact that he's not trying to show so. Much he doesn't want to show those. CHANGES i think that's. GOOD i think at his, core he is a martial artist through and. Through martial artists like to, improve they like to, evolve and they like to look at themselves very honestly so they can change moving.
Speaker 8: FORWARD i think we'll see. That con mc.
Speaker 7: Gregor i'm gonna lean the Of connor McGregor BECAUSE i Think connor can win this, fight AND i do think he can potentially Stop Max holloway within fifteen. Minutes the problem, is after fifteen, MINUTES i See Max, holloway even if he lost those first three, rounds he can come back and Stop connor McGregor within ten. Minutes his, volume his, pressure and when he sees a. Weakness there's not many better fighters Than Max holloway who will see that weakness and poke at it and keep exploiting that until he gets the. Finish max is one of the toughest, mentally, physically spiritually fighters That i've ever, seen AND i think it's gonna be an amazing fight while it. Lasts if it goes a, DISTANCE i Think halloway. Wins if it, DOESN'T i See connor McGregor getting the.
Speaker 8: Win But i'm going the way Of. CONNOR i like him in this underdog.
Speaker 7: SPOT i would have liked to, have you, know you, know the numbers when it was a little earlier on in the, game but, hey that's where we're. At i'm gonna Go, connor how about?
Speaker 6: It Ken flow's official prediction Com all, right we have the Legendary King green coming up in about two. Minutes but, first you guys have three thousand dollars to. Spend you F c three twenty, nine McGregor. V, Holloway act, Two johanny The. Greek it's been an now standing twenty twenty six for. You Your mike is. Hot how are you spending your three?
Speaker 10: Dimes, yeah gonna gonna stick to uh finding the best value for us real. Quickly three small value, bets all for two point Fifty cody third and at plus two fifteen bottom line short notice fight For Alessandro. Costa this is third fight in twenty twenty six and we're only In. JULY i like third and coming off a. Win, YEAH i just don't see that the disadvantages they should be this big of. Adult and Then Zach reese, ALSO i think the quin flip fight gun in the. HEAD i think he, filed probably gets knocked, down BUT i don't think he should be a plus one twenty dog in this. Spot huge strength of schedule. Advantage and WHEN i see him out With, reese he's four one oh one in his last six And i'm getting plus. Money he's got a three inch reach advantage in this. Spot, AGAIN i think he's live and and the final dog was the tist that to plus one twenty one twenty four for two fifty as. Well, again this one's a lot closer to coin. Flip we talked about it going to waste more. TIME i Know King green's about to come, on and now the two big. Bets i'm going to start off With Wang kong Over Tracy. Cortes now kan Open cortes over the minus one seventy, Favorite and within thirty Minutes kng was minus one fifty. Five that's how much Money cong attracted as a. Dog, well now she's right about a coin flip at minus one, fifteen AND i still think there's more than enough value there again four and. One since her road that THE ufc, win you're getting that name recognition and fans Of. Cortes that is why you charge the premium at the betting wind, though and that gives Me Wang kong at a huge. Discount and this is exactly the type of opponent that's going to Give cortes problems with that. Striking SO i Like. Kng i'm going to put eleven fifty to win one thousand on her eleven. Hundred i'm not even gonna Waste parley. Money i'm gonna put the holy eleven hundred on Pry, off so win fourteen. THIRTY i just think there's that much value you give me plus one thirty one point. FLIP i have to do. IT i win or, lose and not gonna waste time on the. Reasoning BUT i THINK i have the physical advantages and uh again Fading, whittaker WHICH i don't think you have to rush to get to the. WINDOW i think this line will probably climb in favor Of, whittaker even With sharps on Cry, off because Again whitticker always gonna get that money at the, Window so no. Rush if you agree with, me all.
Speaker 6: RIGHT i will recap those on the back end of the. Show But ken flow three thousand dollars go, ahead my.
Speaker 7: Minute i'll keep it, Quick, Ellison i'm gonna sprinkle just fifty.
Speaker 6: Bucks see when the sun.
Speaker 7: Happens let's see what, Happens, Yan, yeah is one thousand, Dollars King King green For fitty kevanaf five hundred, Bucks sandhagen gets five hundred And connor McGregor gets five hundred as.
Speaker 6: Well let's. Go let's all, man this is going to be exciting for, me all, Right yanni The greek best in the. Business on ig At yanni The greek, underscore my, man outstanding work. Today thanks for the. Ot we will talk to you in a couple of, weeks my.
Speaker 10: Man thanks for having. Me best of luck all this. Weekend whether you follow or pages do some, Damage thank.
Speaker 6: You amazing job By yanni The greek getting us prime FOR ufc three twenty. Nine all, right our final act, today, last but not, least what an absolute mixed martial arts. Legend King green thirty four professional, wins thirty appearances in THE ufc and kicking off the main card AT ufc three twenty nine Against terence. McKinney it's good to see a. Brother how we. Doing can you hear me? Here you can't hear? Me all, Right, Cody maybe you can take The king in the. BACK i could hear him loud and, clear, Yes but very interesting to see you guys spread around that. ACTION i can't my fifty bucks On ellison. Like that's a big number, though, right you can really change some, lives you, Know.
Speaker 13: But.
Speaker 6: So King green made HIS ufc Debut february, second twenty thirteen AT ufc one fifty six Against Jacob volkman and if you remember, right a lot of people wanted him to just shut that dude up so. Badly you got me.
Speaker 4: King, yeah there we.
Speaker 6: Go thank, you. BROTHER i was just talking about YOUR ufc debut Against Jacob volkman AT ufc one fifty six and like everybody wanted you to like beat, him and uh, yeah got the job, done got the bonus and everything. Else you, Know, pard thanks so much as.
Speaker 2: Honor thank you.
Speaker 6: Man, well we appreciate your. TIME i know it's. Fight we won't keep you, long but it's been an INCREDIBLE ufc career for, you and an incredible twenty twenty. Six and you, know WHEN i think back to some of our early fighter meetings and you talked about your Kids jeremiah And isabelle And jacob and wanting to get them, houses and you, know look at you, now, MAN i, mean look at what you have. Accomplished and WHEN i see the way the fans respond to, you it's got to feel pretty good that you, know you've sort of you, know extracted so much benefit from a career that you've devoted so much.
Speaker 5: To.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah danna, said this thing wasn't a. CAREER i created a career out of this. Thing you, know we're going on year. FOURTEEN i think it, is and so that's.
Speaker 5: AMAZING i started out to get my kids homes down got seven. Homes So i've worked my ass, off. Though, Bro i've worked my ass for every.
Speaker 6: DOLLAR i got no, Doubt AND i THINK i speak for the fan base WHEN i suggest that you should have been bonus For Zel, hooper you should have been bonus For Jeremy. STEVENS i know you take the finished, bonus But, BRO i mean they changed the bonuses to one HUNDRED, k and then you do to those two guys what you. Did it's just crazy that. THERE i GUESS i don't know competition on those, nights But, BRO i don't know what, happened you, Know, bro you, know but.
Speaker 5: Hey that's not what's. Important what's important to me is proven That i'm one of the greatest fighters to ever do.
Speaker 2: It you.
Speaker 5: Know, yeah there's guys Like Kenny florianos came in and has some timeless fights and done some great.
Speaker 2: Work you. KNOW i just want to be remembered for my. Work, also you certainly.
Speaker 6: Will.
Speaker 8: Man you know you've stayed so.
Speaker 7: Busy, man what kind of training routine do you do in order to keep this level of consistency over the course of the. Year it's like you're fighting every few. Months, Man, MAN i.
Speaker 2: Think this is the fourth fight in like six seven.
Speaker 13: Months you, know it's nuts and be getting almost.
Speaker 5: Forty like no one's doing it at this, Rate, kenny you, Know and So i'm just absolutely. PSYCHED i, Said i'm just. CRAZY i don't know What i'm, doing But i'm just doing. It.
Speaker 7: Dude well, Listen terrence McKinney is a crazy fighter. Himself you, know comes out hot in round. One is that a concern for?
Speaker 8: You and what do you have cooking up for?
Speaker 5: Him we got to see all that fight night on while would cook. Up i'm just taking it one day at a. TIME i know he's a, Firecracker he's a wild. Card you don't know what you're gonna. Get you don't know what you, expect but you know you better expect something right away because he's coming across that cage and he's gonna let you.
Speaker 2: Know it's gonna be really. Interesting i'm a real like.
Speaker 5: Mental guy when it comes to this, Stuff Like i'm reading everything and the TRAPS i need to set and everything's gonna be in. Play it's gonna be really.
Speaker 6: Interesting King green competing this weekend at you HAVE c three twenty nine joining us live here on The Anakin Florian. Podcast so you will be forty On september, ninth, Right but you're like a different forty than me turning, forty, Right like What i'm forty eight, now, Right but LIKE i turned, FORTY i was, like, fuck, Man like this is just, terrible you, Know but like look at, you you, know it's like you're you're still beaten the best fighters in the. World you're still fighting like a Prime King, green you. Know so how do you feel as a human, being as a, man as a father approaching a birthday, that for a lot of men is a horrible.
Speaker 2: MAN i feel, BLESSED i feel.
Speaker 13: CHOSEN i feel this is my, time this is my time to give.
Speaker 5: Back and it took me so long for people for me to get here where people are actually paying attention to, Me and SO i wish it.
Speaker 2: Would have been WHEN i was twenty.
Speaker 5: SEVEN i wish it would have been WHEN i was a threaty, three you, know AND i was coming on these winds, streaks and but now people are look atting me.
Speaker 2: Now So i'm just taking advantage of the.
Speaker 6: Situation so is there anything for you in the fight game that you would like to accomplish other than continuing to chase financial freedom and to set up the life that you want in your fifties and your sixties and, Beyond, like is there a? Name is there a? Title? Like what ARE i? Mean THE bmf belt could come your, way, certainly maybe sooner than the, undisputed but who, Knows, like what what is there left to? Accomplish when you've beaten thirty four men in mixed martial?
Speaker 2: Arts you, know it's always been about the dollar. Mode, yeah for me, personally like it's little. Things back to what we're saying about the.
Speaker 5: BONUSES i wanted to be one of those scots that considered, like, hey he's the bonus. Guy and like you, said if ALD i got the last, two Now i'm up there With justin gat you who's the. Leader i'm kind of around, Those, Uh i'm around the, best and SO i can show hey WHEN i, leave that guy was a.
Speaker 2: Bonuser you, know he.
Speaker 5: Was an exciting fighter and something to watch out. For and so that's the REASON i even brought up the. Bonuses it's just, like that's only ACCOLADE i can get now THAT i really.
Speaker 2: Want you. Know the other thing is to be A f.
Speaker 5: Title you, know IF i had the honor to go fight for, that that would be lost on my lista's be a N f, shot you. KNOW i want to show people that we're fighting Is i'm still trying to keep it alive where real fighting is real.
Speaker 2: FIGHTING i feel like some of the newer fighters are.
Speaker 13: Watering down the brand and they're bringing out this other stuff That i'm, like.
Speaker 2: Ah that's not exactly.
Speaker 5: Fighting it's, fighting but it's not exactly what we, do you, Know and so keeping something alive that's traditional like rock and roll when it first, started then it started becoming all this other, Stuff like, Yeah i'm trying to keep it exactly what it's supposed to, be a. Fight like meate this brought it to, me was, Like, bro when you're looking into the, internet you want to see a. Fight you don't want to see two guys just hugging each. Other that's a wrestling match or a jiu jitsu. Match you want to see a.
Speaker 6: Fight, well AND i just hope the paycheck devetails with the fact that when they Have codder McGregor back for the first time in five years and they want to kick off that main. Card whose number are they calling? Yours? Right they're calling your. Name and if you take it all the way back to Like march of twenty twenty, five the hoofy, Fight, bro you got like five fights in like sixteen seventeen. MONTHS i don't know that Anybody Kevin holland included Has you've been the most active guy in any division and doing it at fifty.
Speaker 5: Five so, hey the biggest pink with all the biggest shark the Older i'm the oldest guy around and then doing it the. Most you, know it's like it's unheard. Of but you guys are really in the. Trenches you guys are really on the in the. War so you guys can get it. More you guys, understand but the average fan doesn't get. It like What i'm doing right now is unheard.
Speaker 6: Of, well congrats on all your. Success we'll see in the fighter meetings in a couple of. Days my man AND i really think that if you if you Beat, terrence you call for THAT bmf. BELT i think it's not too far.
Speaker 2: Off SO i got one work. THERE i got one, work, Dare i'll close out the show with.
Speaker 13: This so we're Fighting, terrence And i'm, hurt AND i hear somebody SAY i don't have to Fight.
Speaker 5: Terrence they're, like you should be going somewhere towards THE bnf, title fighting something, else you, know and why are you taking this?
Speaker 13: Fight Chilse sonning and his buddy was asking, me AND i didn't want to tell them.
Speaker 5: THAT i finally told Them i'm Fighting terrence Because terrence AND i are supposed to be.
Speaker 13: FRIENDS i was just hanging out With terrence like a week or so before we got.
Speaker 5: Offered the, fight And i'm talking to him, like, Bro i'm LIKE i just got on this three win, streak and all of a, SUDDEN i See terrence is calling me. Out i'm, like what the homies trying to fight? Me And i'm And i'm raised by Like nate this and that's my big.
Speaker 13: Cousin nate did.
Speaker 5: So nay did first thing when we should getting. Cool he was, like, listen we don't fight the. Homies you, know fight everybody, else don't fight the. Homies so WHEN i shook hands with, him we agree we're not fighting each.
Speaker 13: Other AND i can't Fight, gilbert you, know and certain guys that we cannot.
Speaker 5: Fight is were, homies you, Know and so now these guys they got a whole nother mentality Where i'm, like, like why.
Speaker 2: Do you want to fight?
Speaker 13: Me there's so many people to, Fight why do you want to fight?
Speaker 5: Me and it's like they see That i'm getting some new, fans Some New norder, rioting and they want to shut my light.
Speaker 2: Down and it's LIKE i thought you was a. FRIEND i thought she was a.
Speaker 13: Homie so Like i'm talking to, him, like, so why you want to fight?
Speaker 5: Me is it? That Like i'm not getting that that shine and you want to take my. Shine WHAT i want to Tell terrence is, this whoever loses this, fight they're gonna say he was. Washed IF i beat, him there, said oh you.
Speaker 2: Beat a wash.
Speaker 5: Guy he's been beat, before he's been. Lost and if he beats me and they, say oh he's, old he's, Washed like he does.
Speaker 2: Nothing for me to take this.
Speaker 5: Fight but WHEN i was explaining To, Terrence i'm, like we were, homies, Bro like there's so many other people in this.
Speaker 13: Thing we can, fight LIKE O milder weigh somebody. Else go build your, way you.
Speaker 2: Know So terrence, like, COOL i get, it, Bro i'm.
Speaker 13: Not gonna fight.
Speaker 2: You so, like, okay, Cool we're not gonna fight each. Other we're hanging.
Speaker 13: Out i'm, like, bro come train with. ME i went over TO i drove To la to go pick him.
Speaker 2: UP i brought my, CAR i brought some.
Speaker 5: Clothes i'm, like, Man i'm gonna take care of. Y'all got, you, bro you, know come tray M i'm gonna show you. Something and WHAT i want to show him was the THINGS i, saw the holes in this. Game i'm, LIKE i don't know if you know exactly what fighting is or if you're just. Fighting there's a difference between the. Two you, know Everything i'm, Doing i'm strategically thought about it before it actually.
Speaker 13: Happened or WAS i just out there. SWINGING i just hit a guy and it just, worked you.
Speaker 2: Know So i'm trying to teach him. Something All. Right we leave and a week.
Speaker 10: Later he texted me.
Speaker 5: Again he's, like they're offering me the, fight and he's trying to show me his manager and. Stuff and it looks like, like, oh they've been trying to hype this shit up for. Weeks you know they've been working at, this trying to get, me and So i've always told him we don't fight the. Homies NOW i felt like impressing. ME i felt like you like you Think i'm a, bitch you know WHAT i. MEAN i felt like you Think i'm an easy, fight or you think this is a, game OR i don't know what you think this shit. Is but NOW i just didn't answer him no more after, that no, More, no we're taking the. FIGHT i didn't even tell me much to stick the, fight, like, no, know we're gonna sprap because now you play with me and you think this is something. Else it's, like, bro the so many other people you could have did this, with but now you stare with.
Speaker 2: Me let's go, fight you, work we can.
Speaker 6: Get it cracking in the empire's Own King, green get me all sorts of fired up for this. Weekend that's, crazy, right because, yes in terms of straight contention and the bodies that you put on, paper, right, yes this. FIGHT i GUESS i probably should have asked the. Question but, yeah it doesn't make sense because you're maybe a win away from THE bmf and he's probably nowhere close to. It but, wow interesting backdrop to this one and uh yeah that's uh so now we gotta.
Speaker 13: Fight we're, friends we gotta go. Fight it's personal, now SO, ok let's.
Speaker 5: Go, Bro like you think this is someone that, Like i'm gonna show you, this, this this dance right here is a little different anybody you're gonna dance with Before i'm gonna knock The west.
Speaker 6: OUT i can't wait to see. Him we appreciate this, time the absolute, Legend King green with us on The Anakin Flooring. Podcast, bro we'll see in forty eight, hours my man safe. Travels appreciate, it, Sincerely. Boma there he is About King green closing the show FOR ufc three twenty. Nine, yeah some backstabbing stuff. THERE a little bit from interesting From terence. McKinney And terence McKinney has eight round one finishes in THE ufc and actually has never received a, bonus WHICH i think is pretty. Interesting but it's been crazy right to think back to some of those early fighter meetings With King, green and he's, like you, KNOW i want to Get jeremiah house And isabella house And jacob a, house and he has seven, houses so that's.
Speaker 8: Awesome SO i want to finish with.
Speaker 6: This so when you post something On, instagram you never necessarily know what people are going to respond. To and SO i posted An instagram video of my. Voiceover and this was my. Voiceover and we'll pull the sound up a little bit on this as it. Goes but this was my voiceover For King green And terence. McKinney and so this is a voiceover that eventually will Be and if you watch on, YouTube you see me just going, crazy arms flailing LIKE i look like a complete. Lunatic IF i was trying to attract the opposite, SEX i certainly would not share this. VIDEO i teach to build upon, finish but by adding another rapid stuffage win to his already considerable highlight. Reel so this is MORE i think gods with educational and cool for people to see how we do. This this will then be repurposed in the arena and ON, tv and it will be it'll have music behind. It and so a lot of people were, saying you, know, OH i thought he did that, live or so we do a lot of things, live LIKE i can tell You Mike goldberg would put like The billboards on, tape LIKE ufc three twenty nine is brought to you, by and WHEN i, STARTED i asked if we could do that, Live SO i. TRY i would like to do as much as possible, live but we do thirteen of these features for the. Fight in terms of voice preservation on the, NIGHT i can't be doing all this stuff, live, right BUT i do try to do this in one. Take you, KNOW i think this was take, four BUT i try to give them one clean. Take but it just gives you a little insight into the. Process and WHAT i would say to young broadcasters, is you, know, yeah LIKE i got some ticks and maybe could control my body a little bit, better but, like, yeah like you can't fake passion and energy and that voice over in my mother's kitchen has to translate to twenty two thousand people in an. Arena so, YEAH i thought we might have the time to peel back that video for you. Today so there is hope you hope you enjoyed a.
Speaker 12: Lot.
Speaker 6: Man we got to get on out of. Here thanks To King, green of, course thanks To brandon Roy vall And Ray longo and R J. Clifford our producer Is Cody. Merrow also special thank you To Nate bronson repping all the smoke and he will be In Las vegas with, us so we're very excited about. That potentially some manic employment podcast content we shall, see but we'll be back with you On monday and we will see what the return holds for the biggest superstar in mixed martial arts, History connor McGregor Against Max. Holloway can't. Wait we'll see yall On Paramount plus this weekend with Africam, Flum john and thank y'all for. Watching subscribe to The Anaki floor And podcast YouTube channel if you'd be so, kind and we will see you all live FOR ufc three twenty. Nine have a great, data better evening until next. WEEK yo later