Speaker 1: Has he had the velocity and the pinpoint location like he did tonight.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't feel like we've seen.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome to this live edition of Dodgers Territory postgame on this July seventeenth, Happy Friday. Everybody, If you are with us, that says a lot about you.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what it says, but it says a lot.
Speaker 1: We are cited Alanaizzo, Clint Pissius, obviously. Katie Wu is currently in the Dodgers clubhouse right now after a good, hard fought win against the New York Yankees in game one of a three game set to get started in terms of the second half of the season. Show your thoughts about this game in the live chat. We want to know what you guys think. Let's get into this one. The second half kicked off in New York against the New York Yankee. Is the first time, guys, the Dodgers have been to Yankee Stadium since Game five. We all remember it twenty four World Series.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk Roky Sasaki.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk a lot of things, and I have to say, Clint Roki Sasaki was pretty good in this game. The story is not Roki Sasaki. It's what happened in terms of him defensively around him and Max Funky Monsy.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts, sir, Yeah, a lot.
Speaker 3: We could dive into a lot of different little things to talk about with this game. I appreciate that Roki is not the storyline of this game, because well, there's two ways. You can either be the good storyline because you pitched a no hitter or something like that, or you could be a bad storyline. We've had a little bit too much of with Roki this season. But he was, you said, like, kind of low key.
Speaker 4: Great. We'll talk about him.
Speaker 3: A little bit later. We'll get the negative stuff out of the way. You saw some sloppy play early in the game that fourth inning. You saw Porez kind of lose the you know, control of the ball out in center field, Dalton rushing whiffs on a you know, trying to frame a low split finger, and that's how the the Yankees score their run on you know, an error and a wild pitch. You and I, I guess more of a passball. You and I talking to each other in that moment, being like.
Speaker 4: Send everybody, everyone to the moon.
Speaker 3: What's going on with these assholes, and then they go and clean it up in the eighth inning with a dazzling play. Uh, you know, not the best of throws from Andy Poez. You know, it's up up the line a little bit. I guess we could say from centerfield, Mookie ranges to his right. Of course, I guess at that point catching the ball to his left. The former outfielder makes a really nice play. Now as an infielder, you know, running to his momentum, going to his right, trying to get the baseball over there to rushing rushing reaches out makes a hell of a play, which is a tough play with a catcher's mitt. That was a very difficult play with the catchers crossing for nothing.
Speaker 2: Not for nothing.
Speaker 1: They called it an out on the field and I was sitting there and I was like, oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh, is it going to be that like not enough evidence to overturn it.
Speaker 2: But it ended up being okay.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's so many things I want to talk about, and you're so good at like putting them in order. I'm just like, well, I want to talk about all of the things, but I do want to I do want to say something that kind of stood out to me for what you just said. And I was watching the game with my husband, and all of a sudden, Chris, my husband was like, Roki throws a hundred.
Speaker 2: He hit a hundred tonight, right.
Speaker 1: I was like, I guess, like, so, all of a sudden, Roki Sasaki is throwing a hundred miles an hour. I mean, like, if Chris notices it, obviously a guy that's been the big leagues for fourteen years, like fully vested, I think he's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: He's like, Rokie throws a hundred.
Speaker 1: I'm like, apparently he was sitting at one hundred miles an hour with the fastball, like and and e I g ee slash e y e uh in the in the chat said the same. So that was that was an interesting observation as well. I didn't realize Roki had that kind of gas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, that's that's one of the things.
Speaker 3: You know, obviously we're going to talk a little bit more Roki later on, but that's the thing that we were anticipating with that signing, Roki having gas, having that one hundred miles an hour, you know, not the not the stuff people are dealing with with Taco Bell right now at the bare middle of not a sponsor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the lettuce, the explosive the explosive diarrhea, that is Taco Bell.
Speaker 4: But you know what, everybody's been doing that.
Speaker 1: Taco Bell has been doing that stuff for thirty years. Why is it any different right now? Just now they're just blaming it on the Lettuce.
Speaker 2: I mean every time we.
Speaker 3: Put explosive diarrhea in the comments below, twenty one times did Roki Sasaki throw a fastball one hundred miles per hour or faster?
Speaker 4: That is a Dodger.
Speaker 3: There's single game record passing everybody's favorite Robert Miller, Bobby Miller by one pitch. He through twenty and I guess it would have been twenty twenty three, whatever that was.
Speaker 4: But back to the.
Speaker 3: Offensive side of things or I guess we haven't really got into that. We're talking about how I guess they sort of saved Alex Vesia's bacon there in the eighth inning to to keep the game from being tied, to keep the Yankees from tying it up, and then the offense, you know, gets going late. It was I wouldn't say frustrating against Garrett Cole like he was carving them up. This is a guy who was still an ace, you know, coming off the hole.
Speaker 1: Like. I don't ever, I don't ever like fault the offense. I mean, Garrett Cole is a is a bona fide ace. I mean, I don't ever be like, oh my god, I don't ever like, oh my gosh, what are they doing?
Speaker 2: It's Garrett.
Speaker 1: I mean, Garrett Cole is the real deal, right, But I appreciate the fact that Maximnth's.
Speaker 2: Was able to do what he did.
Speaker 1: And what I love about the whole situation is Aaron Boone comes out, talks to Garrett Cole.
Speaker 2: Garrett Cole convinces Aaron Boone to.
Speaker 1: Stay in, which is what you want to do, right, That's what you want from your veteran ace. I don't fault Garrett Cole for wanting to stay in the game. I love the competitive nature. I do not fault Aaron Boone for letting him stay in. That's Garrett Cole, he has the resume. Boone respects his ace and it just didn't go the Yankees way, and it was it worked out great for the Dodgers, But that's exactly how you would expect it to go between an ace and a manager, and it just didn't work out for the Yankees the way that it worked out for us, and it was a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: Two to one. You love the pitching duel.
Speaker 1: You know, if I would have, like if you and I and Katie would have talked about this, if you have a two to one game with Garrett Cole going up against Roki Sasaki, who's had his struggles, and the Dodgers end up winning the game, I will take that any day of the week because you don't know what you're going to get from Roki Sasaki, and you would assume if Garrett Cole is on the hill, Oh my goodness. Right, So this was this was a good game. This was a good game all around. I'm proud of them.
Speaker 2: It was. It was awesome. I will take it.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, the only run that the Yankee scored was because of an error by Pa has in the outfield. Obviously it was a it was a double with an error that allowed them to get to third base. And then it was a pass ball by Dalton Rushing. That was the only run that the Yankee scored. So what a great game in terms of a pitching game and relatively a well played game.
Speaker 3: Yeah again, outside of just that particular moment, good you know, good baseball. Two teams sending one team sending their ace out Roki uh finding a way to kind of match him. I really want to get into the Monsy stuff there because it's just such an interesting sequence, and we are going to make a Max Months Today's Daily Dinger pick with fan shout out Fan Duel for being a sponsor here on the show. But yeah, you know, one hundred. It was one hundred and third pitch of the game for Garret Cole. He a season high hadn't thrown. He was at ninety six when he had that conversation with Aaron Boone, and I did not expect, you know, Aaron Boone to let him stay.
Speaker 4: I understand the why.
Speaker 3: I think Garret Cole had a lot on his mind because the last time he faced the Dodgers, this was for him only what ten starts ago that he faced the Dodgers because he had the elcause.
Speaker 2: Of the the il situation.
Speaker 1: And again I don't I don't blame I don't blame Aaron Boone at all for letting Garrett Cole stay in.
Speaker 2: I mean this was like, you know, if this.
Speaker 1: Was Schmidt or Schlitler or anybody else, like you're like, no, you're out, But it's it's Garrett freaking Cole, Like you're letting him stay in, right, So I completely understand the move. But again, he had only thrown ninety seven pitches.
Speaker 2: I believe that that was his season high.
Speaker 1: I apologize, okay, ninety six to ninety seven coming off of you know, the the the surgery and all of the things, and he convinced him to let him stay in. And then Maxwell's Steven Munsey take a bow, sir number two and twenty seven in terms of home runs and a Dodgery uniform, one behind Ron Say the Penguin, forty three behind Eric Carross. You guys, it's it's pretty special to have Max Munsey on this team. It's also pretty special to have FanDuel as a part of our show. Major League Baseball season it's in full swing. FanDuel's giving you a chance to call your shot with daily dingers joining the action is easy. Head over to FanDuel dot com Guys Slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot Com Slash Podcast. To opt in, for daily dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer today? It was Mounsey, the Funky Munsey, playball and swing for the Fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. We always have a disclaimer. It's important, no just necessary. Opten is required. Bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration in max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem. We don't want you to have that, so caller text one eight hundred gambler. All right, let's talk about Roki Sisaki. Great outing, great great outing from Sasaki today, right, like again, the one run from the Yankees was an unearned run because of some sloppy defense. Andy Pa has again the passball by Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love this for Roki Susak. Why are you laughing at me?
Speaker 3: Carl in the chat says, Roki is no jokey.
Speaker 1: So funny. Oh look at look at show hey with decoy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, avatar, I love it.
Speaker 4: It is as inbigand as it can be.
Speaker 2: As in bigod as it can be Okay, as.
Speaker 3: In biggand Uh yeah, Actually I want to go back to that screen there. Jy Kim had the two dollars super check because were already talking earlier about the velocity per inning one hundred point seven on the max velocity one hundred point six ninety nine point nine, one hundred ninety nine point seven ninety nine point eight and again he threw twenty one pitches one hundred miles an hour or faster Dodgers single game record he had fifteen?
Speaker 1: Honest to god, like did we did we know this about him in terms of the.
Speaker 2: Velocity like we've heard, though I'm not.
Speaker 1: Certain that I knew that he had one hundred plus.
Speaker 2: But what's different?
Speaker 1: I think about this outing and you guys tell me if I'm wrong, which I'm usually am wrong. We has he had the velocity and the pinpoint location like he did tonight.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't feel like we've.
Speaker 4: Seen bit of I think, what were we talking about this?
Speaker 3: Where I had the stupid golf Maybe that wasn't with you, That was with Jeff Spiegel over the weekend.
Speaker 4: The golf swing analogy. You don't you don't know all you people on the internet look the same.
Speaker 3: The funny thing is I very seldom look at any of you. I am looking at my camera because I'm a damn good anchor.
Speaker 2: You because you love yourself.
Speaker 3: I don't see myself in the camera. Also, I see as an instant three sixty, I see a green light, I see a lens. I see my door open behind. Yeah, I like, I have to look over here.
Speaker 2: That is that is different than that?
Speaker 4: And I look over here.
Speaker 1: That I not. I did not know that Roki had one hundred plus stuff with with accuracy and location.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I didn't know that about him.
Speaker 4: I can't understand you.
Speaker 3: I can understand you not knowing it because we haven't seen it at the Big League. You weren't tasked with scout, you know, scouting him from his you know Japan League days.
Speaker 4: That's not your it's not your bag man, you.
Speaker 2: Know im system.
Speaker 4: Let alone.
Speaker 2: What Roky is doing is you're just here.
Speaker 3: You're here for the vibes, bro here for the vibes in good time and to help us navigate the ship here. But yeah, great game. And and the question is like, what was different tonight? You know you said at the top of the show you could have the argument that this was his best start in a Dodgers uniform. There are other there are other pitching lines that are definitely sexier. Both of those, however, came against the Angels, which, yes, they are considered a big league squad, but they are far from it. This is the Yankees, and the Yanks, of course, have had their struggles. They don't have Aaron Judge in the lineup, so on and so forth. It's still the New York Yankees. It's still at Yankee Stadium, where anything could fly out for a dude who has been, you know, not exceptionally homer prone, but homer prone enough to give up some homers. Yeah, a great game. Uh, what is it again? He had five and five and two thirds, No earned.
Speaker 4: The five k's.
Speaker 3: Understanding how important this game was for him, and and you know, kind of continuing the the good feelings that he had in his delivery, in his mechanics that he found during that most recent start for him against the Rockies, you know, about a week ago. So again, back to the question, like, what was the difference tonight they were talking about on the broadcast conviction. It looked like he was throwing everything with intent, had something behind it. They were talking also on the broadcast about him, you know, kind of grunting and all of that he was letting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I love that, like the like the Maria Sharapova grunt and there, and like the Rich Hill grunt and the screaming and all of those things.
Speaker 2: I love that about him.
Speaker 1: And again I love the velocity, but I also love the fact that it's he's throwing one hundred plus miles an hour and he's able to locate. As much as I love Roki Sasaki, you know what I was equally as impressed with, is Jack Dryer come out of the bullpen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so obviously what a job by Rokie. Leaves a little bit of a mess for Dryer there two on two out. Jack Dryer comes in, gets his guy who he faced, I think Dominga is there, the switch hitter.
Speaker 4: Going to the left hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what does he called them?
Speaker 4: The Martian Yeah, it's his guys.
Speaker 3: And then then he chips in, you know, a clean seventh inning, two punches on the day for Dack Dryer, who has been one of those guys a little bit up and down early, has been pretty damn solid of late. And then you know, from that point you bridge the gap eighth and ninth inning. And you know where Dave is going right now, Dave is going to go to if everybody is happy and healthy and ready to go, he is going to go to Alex Bessi and he's going to go to Tanner Scott.
Speaker 4: And you know what they did. They did their jobs.
Speaker 3: Of course, Vesia did his job in part thanks to a nice play there from Pahz to Muki to Freddy.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, again, fun game.
Speaker 3: You would want to see a little bit more offense or just something more out of the Dodgers, But considering it was Garrett Cole, I'm I'm happy to give us. Listen, they end a losing streak.
Speaker 1: But honestly, honestly, this is the playoffs, though, these two to one games, this is this is postseason baseball, right like, this is what you're expecting to be.
Speaker 2: You're not going to have a ten to nothing game.
Speaker 1: You're not going to have a tend to nothing game like the Red Sox did against the Rays in the first game of their doubleheader today, right like, you're going to.
Speaker 2: Expect tight games.
Speaker 1: You're going to face every team's ace, You're going to face their especially in a five game series. Obviously you're going to face the best three pitchers they have, so this is this was good to see. This was a good This was a good first game out of the gate against the Yankees. Everyone's kind of circling this because of you know, obviously, this is the first time they've been back since Game five of the World Series in twenty twenty four, when the Yankees defensively fundamentally shit the bed. It is what it is. I'm sorry, it is what it is. It's the best bumper sticker or the best T shirt, it's the fifth inname. You know, it's it's it's great and I'm I'm I'm psyched, and I'm psyched for Roki Sasaki JJK won a one super toch you do allays.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you. He threw one on one miles prow and his.
Speaker 4: In high school school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and one hundred and two and a half in the Yeah. The Nippon Professional Baseball. Okay, great, but I haven't seen that in the major leagues, and I haven't seen it with location so great. I love that you might be able to throw one hundred and twenty seven miles an hour if you can't throw it in the strike zone and you can't throw it for a strike.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't care. And today I feel like he brought it all together.
Speaker 3: And it's nice to see and that the fast splitter to the hard splitter, like the low nineties splitter, not the forkball that looked. I mean, that's that's part of why Rushing kind of muffed that one. You know, his past ball what was gross. Yeah, I mean he's still he's trying to frame that pitch at the bottom of the zone. And you know, we know Rushing has his his still has some growth ahead of him when it comes to his defensive game.
Speaker 4: But add in some filth from that pig.
Speaker 1: Here's here's a comment about Rushing having some growth in his game.
Speaker 2: He better get. I mean, there's no.
Speaker 1: Time like the present, because they just made an announcement that Will Smith isn't coming back anytime soon. We're lucky if if Will Smith is back in a month, maybe a month and a half.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that that's that's a huge deal.
Speaker 1: So Dalton Rushing is the starting catcher of your Los Angeles Dodgers, So there is no time like the present to grow the f up and he's going to and I have no doubt that he will, but like this is he's gonna be thrown to the wolves, and that's okay, like okay, but this is it like it's it's gonna be great. It's gonna be great, Dalton Rushing, It's gonna be great. But Will Smith is still having issues with his neck. God only knows when he's gonna come back. So if there's anything that the Dodgers are probably in my estimation, going to be really looking for at the trade deadline because they're getting some major pieces back that are already on their roster. But if they're looking to add, it's going to be catching depth. I don't know what that looks like. I don't know who it is, but Dalton Russian is gonna need a severe backup that has postseason experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the operative word there is depth.
Speaker 3: It doesn't necessarily mean the guaranteed game one catcher or the number one catcher for sure, but somebody that is a little more games seasoned. If there is the break in case of emergency situation, and we do have more of all of the Will Smith updates, we'll talk about that in a second. But you've talked about a little bit. You know some of it's gonna be great. Jose A yala, y'alla have the five dollars super chat for us, saying, Alana, after Game five of the World Series, and you know everybody's down, Dodger, you said the Dodgers were gonna be fine.
Speaker 4: Haven't that positive?
Speaker 2: Still it's gol and be great. I told you it's gold, be great.
Speaker 3: And Baseball Dynasty says I once through one hundred and twenty seven, but not in the.
Speaker 4: Zone, not in the American.
Speaker 2: Oh, Baseball Dynasty is to fifty seven. I love you, Yeah, I get it. I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: My point is, it's great if you can throw a bazillion miles an hour, but if you don't know how to locate it, you don't know where the ball is going when it leaves your hand, that's a problem.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 3: That's I probably got a solid like forty two in my shoulder.
Speaker 2: Really forty two, that's all.
Speaker 3: I got A bad I got a bad rotator cuff bad uclad buddy.
Speaker 2: I think we could send you to Neil Elastrush. I know, I know, God, doctor News, I know.
Speaker 3: Okay for just for just ten cents a day. Guys, we got some more DT coming up for you. We do have a lot of injury updates, and since this is the show before the weekend, we're not gonna do anything over the weekend. Here we will on the All Dodgers channel. Check it out, subscribe myself. Jeff Snyder will continue this conversation, by the way afterwards on that show. So stick here or go over to there, like subscribe by the way up to this point if you haven't done it yet. But anyways, more DT to come up. First, we're gonna tell you here about our friends with seat Geek Riz. The Dodgers are going to be there on your coast, the East coast of the worst code, for a good chunk of time. They're huge roadsip road trip to the Dodgers. You got New York, you got Philly, you got New York. And it's a great opportunity for some of our East Coast watchers, our friends, our family here to go and see their world champion Dodgers. And if you guys want to see your Dodgers in action, maybe at the Bank, maybe at whatever they call not Chase Stadium these days, I would tell you there's no better place to get your tickets than Seek Geek because they have over thirty.
Speaker 4: Five allion downloads. It's the number one rated ticketing app.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: It is super cool, Clint to have we have so many We have so many Dodger fans all over the country right and certainly internationally. And it's so nice when you are a Dodgers fan on the East Coast to have them playing on the East Coast because you're not up at two am trying to watch these guys. But I tell you what, now is the time they're on East Coast swing. It's a huge road trip for the Dodgers. As Clint mentioned, Seek Geek is your spot, you guys, I'm not just trying to shove this down your throat. They are an important partner to us. They support us, and I hope that you guys will support them. Thirty five million downloads. See Geek is the number one rated ticketing app. See Geek has your back because each ticket is rated on a scale of one to ten, so you know that you're getting a good deal. Look for the green dots. It's pretty self explanatory. If you're a good driver, green means good, red means bad. Red meats, Stop Green means go. Every ticket is backed by their buyer guarantee. We have a code for you, guys, Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of tickets at seat geek. That's ten percent off any Major League Baseball tickets or any other tickets you want. They do concerts, they do festivals, they do all of the things.
Speaker 4: This is just for MLB tickets, by the way, for what it's time. I know, but you can still get tickets.
Speaker 1: They but you can still get tickets on sea geek for other things. But yes, Territory ten is for Major League Baseball tickets. I want to make that clear. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app have the code automatically added.
Speaker 2: To your account. Thank you, see Geek. We appreciate you guys very very much for support the show.
Speaker 3: A little bit more, we had a butt ton of injury updates from Dave Roberts today, as you would expect coming off of an All Star break. We have to check in show. Hey, you mentioned Will Smith earlier in the show, Ki k Hernandez all of that kind of stuff, So we'll.
Speaker 4: Just kind of rapid fire some of this stuff. The show Hey O Tawny News.
Speaker 3: This one comes from Sonya Chan, who of course covers the Dodgers for the MLB dot Com. We found that his knee was not drained, that irritated left knee of his was not drained. Instead, they there is an injection in that left knee to kind of help increase some of the say, the bounce in there. It's not flubber. It's called orthovisc injection in that left knee to kind of help help with some of the cushion for the pushing or I guess really the landing for show Hey when it comes to you know, his pitching, that is his plant leg. They're still hoping Dave Roberts in the club, still hoping to have him start in Philly on Wednesday, that series finale, and then have him you know, go just before the off day, and you'll probably see that a lot more over the rest of this half of the season, second half of the season. I don't think we're going to see too much of show Hey pitching before.
Speaker 4: You know, like without a day off afterwards.
Speaker 3: Whether they could always align the schedule that way, it's of course it's going to be tough. You don't always get that kind of luxury. But we've talked about it a whole bunch of I don't care about Joey Atani winning a cy Young Award and all that. Just have him healthy and able to do both pitch and hit in the postseason.
Speaker 2: For I mean, I think the fact that he is.
Speaker 1: Possibly coming back to start on Wednesday in Philly is a pretty great prognosis. Right, Like, we weren't sure when we were going to see him back pitching, So the fact that he's probably coming back in a week and change is fine. I mean, having not drained the knee and just having that cortisone injection or whatever the injection was.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it was quarterzone but.
Speaker 1: Whatever it was, and giving him the time off and not having to you know, pitcher or hit at the All Star.
Speaker 2: Game is what is this? They injected him with hyrollonic acid. Okay, well I don't know what that is, but okay, but it's fine. I mean that that is what it is.
Speaker 1: When it's show hey Otani, everything is exacerbated, everything is a bigger deal.
Speaker 2: He should be fine.
Speaker 1: He's I mean, if he's he's good enough to be the DH and he's coming back to pitch on Wednesday. It can't be that big of a deal, all right, Will Smith, this is a little bit concerning to me.
Speaker 2: We just talked about it.
Speaker 1: And obviously Dalton Rushing is getting catapulted into the starting role. But Katie Wu, our girl, Will Smith will be fully shut down for a week before ramping back up.
Speaker 2: To baseball activity.
Speaker 1: So if you figure like a guy, especially a pitcher, more so, if a guy is not even doing baseball activity, you figure he's a month out.
Speaker 2: Not the same for catchers. I understand that.
Speaker 1: But mid August, guys, I mean that's it's basically a month from now. Right mid August looks like earliest possible return her Dave Roberts, Edwin Diaz will throw tonight and Sunday for Ontario. The tower Buzzers need a back to back before activation. So let's talk about Will Smith for a hot second. This is concerning to me. This is concerning to me, And because he's probably not coming back for at least a month, and God only knows what he's going to be like behind the plate, I'm not concerned, but more so at at the plate because of the timing and the rhythm My guess is the Dodgers, if they're doing anything at the trade deadline, they're going for catching. They have to be going for I even asked my husband, I'm like, you feel like I'm out of retirement.
Speaker 2: It's so anyway, I mean, does that feel are you? Are you in line with that? You think the Dodgers are looking for some catching depth at this point?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 3: I think you need to be prepared for the worst case if you are a club that is in pursuit of a three peet. Dalton Rushing is fine in this capacity and can probably earn his way to being the you know, the one catcher in the postseason and should rightfully so if Will is not ready to come back, but to have somebody else in a worst case scenario, because you can't have you know, eliezer Alfonso being your postseason catcher. You're just straight up not gonna have a good time doing that. So you got to be in the market for some sort of veteran, whether it's a Victor, Karen Karattini, whether you know. I think Ryan Jeffers has kind of been sort of made available by the Twins. There are some options out there. Jeffers would be on the upper echelon of the available catchers. But still you need to be prepared because riz this started with oh, yeah, we're not gonna put him on the IL because he should just miss a day or two and everything is going to be great. To here we are, what near three months later, I forgot exactly when he went on the IL. We are months removed from that initial kind of uh, he's not being the lineup too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think now is another week and a month.
Speaker 2: Maybe I feel like it was. I mean, from beginning to end.
Speaker 1: It's probably gonna be three months, but I feel like it was like, oh, he's fine too. We joked, and I understand it's not really funny, but we joked.
Speaker 2: It was like he's fine.
Speaker 1: He's been decapitated now, you know, and now and honest to goodness, like this.
Speaker 2: Is this is a little this is a little bit problematic.
Speaker 1: I mean, you want will Smith behind the plate in postseason games when not even just for the bat at the plate, you want him for the way that he can handle the pitching staff and just the experience. So they are going to absolutely have to find a veteran catcher. I don't give a shit if he gets a hit in a postseason game. I'm not worried about him offensively. I need a veteran catcher behind the plate that can manage a pitching staff.
Speaker 2: And I don't know who that is. I don't know who's available.
Speaker 1: But that, to me is something that Andrew Friedman and the Dodgers front halfe front office is going to have to go after.
Speaker 3: I'm seeing in the chat Ben Rohtvett, come on down, people, That ain't it. That ain't it If you're looking for somebody that is just a catch and throw guy that can call a pretty good game.
Speaker 1: That but but yes, that's fine, but that's not that's not the postseason catcher I'm looking for. Like I would take, I would take people at a retirement before I did that. Anyway, That's not the point. Nobody asked me who I would who I would sign? All Right, ki Y Hernandez beginning a rehabit single a Ontario.
Speaker 2: That's good news.
Speaker 3: Tonight baseball yay.
Speaker 1: And Blake Snell's starting for Ontario tomorrow. That is a good thing. Asanya Chen saying, Edwin Diaz is pitching tonight Sunday for Ontario.
Speaker 2: Will need to do a back to back we get that.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the back to back kyk Hernandez joining Okay, see for rehab assignment tonight.
Speaker 2: Blake Snell will start tomorrow. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Tyler Glasnow's bullpen progression is continuing. He's still fastball only.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: That's usually how it goes, like fastball only before you go on your off speed stuff. So reinforcements are coming that that is the point. We've talked about this at length, at nauseum. It'll be more exciting when they're actually back. But again, I mean, the Dodgers are very fortuitous in their positioning. They're in a really good spot. They're getting reinforcements back. It's great. But I need we need catching Depp. I mean, with with the with the Will Smith news, that's the biggest thing for me.
Speaker 2: We need some catching Depp.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I feel good.
Speaker 3: I feel good about the state of the pitching, better than I did a week ago. No one that's Nell is making a start with Ontario. I'm watching Edwin Diaz. I'm thinking he really has his eyes set on that met series. That's that's a week away.
Speaker 4: Is that too soon?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, tonight, We're doing this now it is on Friday. He's making his second or I think his third rehab appearance, and he's going he's gonna pitch Sunday and he's got to get it back to back in there. He could, he could, in theory come back, maybe not for Game one in that Met series, but you know he.
Speaker 1: Wants to Listen, Linda, the Mets stink and he wants to come back because they didn't think he was worthy enough of re signing him. Right, So I'm I'm telling you like that he's gonna be like even if he comes out and not even maybe it's not even a safe situation. Maybe he comes out just to get some work done because the Dodgers are so dominant and it's not even to say that. They're like they're up by like seven runs against the Mets. But he comes in to get the work.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it for him.
Speaker 4: They did.
Speaker 3: Dave kind of did make it seem like, you know, they are gonna give him some some run, some leash on this rehab assignment. So maybe you know a week is biting off more than he could chew. But listen, he feels good. He's been throwing. If he says he wants to come back and pitch.
Speaker 2: As long as he doesn't get hurt. I don't care. They have a twelve game lead right now.
Speaker 1: Let him come in and get and instead of another instead of three rehab outings or two back to backs, let them do back to back and come out and do it in a major league game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you passed over your gloss over the Key k Hernandez one, but I'm excited about Kik coming back. I think adding one more adult to that bench. With all due respect adults.
Speaker 1: Adult Canda is an adult of adult age.
Speaker 4: He's not a grown up, but he's he's you know. I think they need that. They need that the vibes, they need the energy.
Speaker 3: We always joke about the vibes of replacement that does something over the course of a long season. I think kek coming back makes a big difference. You're not seeing as much Alex Freeland these days.
Speaker 4: Anyways.
Speaker 3: Let that Let that that bench spot go to Key Ky Hernandez. Play some second play, some third base, give Munsey a bit of a blow when he needs it, Play some left play, some center. Keep those guys, your core sluggers healthy for the stretch run.
Speaker 4: That's what I love listen.
Speaker 2: I I you know, I love KK to death. It has nothing to do with that.
Speaker 1: It's just like KIK to me, like, what's the point of talking about him on July seventeenth. We know he's coming back, it's gonna be fine, and it's not. And when it becomes September October, then like I will elevate my conversation about Kik hern is.
Speaker 2: That is who this guy is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there those are your updates, all positive things. Mostly the Will Smith stuff still sucks.
Speaker 4: But about it. We're gonna we're gonna get out of here now.
Speaker 3: We've got another two dollars from Baseball Dynasty saying for me. Travis Darnall, Yeah, he he, he's hurt.
Speaker 4: Dodger's legend. By the way, Travis darna he has hurt seven minutes.
Speaker 2: He was a Dodger's legend. He was.
Speaker 1: He was so excited because it's like they grew up. His dad was a massive Dodgers fan. He had one at bat and then they shipped him out.
Speaker 4: That's one.
Speaker 3: If the Angels are gonna sell, which my god, they need to. He's on their roster. I think he's been injured. I'm not one hundred percent certain. Jjk at another two bucks in the chest is called Ben Beck. Get Ben Rhtvett back, even if he's in the minor leagues. For the Dodgers, I'm comfortable giving that whoever they want, they could take a obviously I iest there, but that is it for tonight. I think we did all of the things we needed to do again, if you guys want more Dodgers talk, I'll be jumping over to my YouTube channel All Dodgers. Jeff Snyder is there waiting for me. We'll keep the conversation going until then. Subscribe to the channel here. We'd appreciate hit that thumbs up button. We're trying to get the twenty thousand subscribers. We're probably gonna hit seventeen thousand maybe by the end of this video, so we'd appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, most of you that watch us are not subscribed, so if you could just subscribe, it's free and then I'll get us to where we need to go and it helps us tremendously, So if you like us, please subscribe.
Speaker 2: It's free.
Speaker 1: And again, Clint will be on All Daughters with Jeff and then Clint, Katie and I will be back together on Monday. Monday, Yeah, okay, all right, guys, go Dodgers for kicking ass second half.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Bye,