Speaker 1: All right, break it down.
Speaker 2: If you ever have feelings that you just fons Amy and Cat, gotcha, Cob and locking a brother, Ladies and felts, do you just follow an the spirit where it's all the front over real stuff, tell the chill stuff and them. But Swayne, sometimes the best thing you can do it just stop you feel things. This is feeling things with Amy and Kat.
Speaker 1: Happy Tuesday. Welcome to feeling things. I'm Amy and I'm Kat, and We've got our feelings of the day. I'll start because mine is more of a question with a feeling, because I'm curious. My feeling is curious about what you would do if you saw something in someone's teeth but you didn't really know them that well. Let me give you the scenario. So I'm at my house and I just chopped up the salad and I was eating it, and then these workers came. They weren't going to do the work at my house, but they were coming to sort of assess the situation and plan out. I guess how they're gonna do whatever. So three guys, three at my door, and I walk around my house with them for at least fifteen minutes, and then they leave and I look in the mirror and I have a big piece of leather right here on my tooth. Nobody told me, and I'm like, okay, and here's the what we need in this room. And then over in this bathroom this is broken da da da, And I'm sure. I'm just like you know, and now all three, I mean sure they walked out and they're like, do you see that? Let us in her teeth?
Speaker 3: So like, do you know why they didn't see it?
Speaker 1: There's the way they didn't see it. I'm talking about dark leafy green. Okay.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like iceberg.
Speaker 1: No, not, dang it, a light piece of romaine. We're talking like mixed greens, the purple one.
Speaker 4: Oh no.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And you were probably really smiling too, because you're really friendly.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and I think that one of them made some like joke at some point and then I was like, oh yeah, haha, and then he and so I definitely, yes, yes, Like the vibe was good, Like I'm like, oh, I like these guys. I'm glad. I mean, I've actually worked with them before, but I hadn't seen them in a little bit, so it's sort of.
Speaker 3: Like, Hey, how's it going.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. I was like, how are you.
Speaker 3: And I have let us write.
Speaker 1: In my tooth?
Speaker 3: So what would you do?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess I'm like, well, yeah, well would I do? Would I just know that it was there the whole time and she's just at home, Like, say, I see it in somebody else's teeth and I'm at their house. I'm like, she's not out in public, we're not at home. I don't want to embarrass her, be awkward to being like, oh, you have something in your teeth, but I still would like to know. So I guess I've debated what I would do and would I say anything? And I guess if I was being hired by somebody and I don't want to make them feel uncomfortable, then I'm just not going to say anything. But now I'm also uncomfortable knowing that I had it the whole time and they didn't say anything.
Speaker 5: I think the hope there is is that they don't say anything, they don't have to address it, and you drink some water and flesh that out before you see it.
Speaker 1: And then nobody knows. That's the hope that is nailed it. That is the ideal situation. However, it's not what happened. I have a mirror in my kitchen and walked by it whenever they left and saw it, and I thought, oh my goodness, well that was fun. And you know, I have a boyfriend. It's fine. It's not like I was interested in one of the guys I have got. Well one of them was kind of cute, but whatever. Friend cry Ocat Cryocat is single. She's like, did you get his number? I mean I have his number. He's doing work at my house. Hopefully he doesn't listen to this.
Speaker 5: Hopefully does yes, Hopefully he does listen, because then we have more male listeners and then he next time gonna be like, you know what, we should have addressed it.
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I thought I was doing the right thing and apparently like I've learned something, thank you for talking about it.
Speaker 3: It's money awareness.
Speaker 1: I'm picturing like contractors when they're at work, like what they're listening to is likely not feeling like hey, Bud's so which feeling the other day that was me like spitting you know, just like you know, like I'm just picturing like people working and be like like they're dipping like a no, my feeling the day is gassy.
Speaker 3: You're just thinking contractors are just partying around.
Speaker 1: No, No, they're hard workers. Like they're working hard, and I just picture them being like all like, you know, buzzing on their tools and being like, man, I'm just feeling confused and grateful because you know, two feelings can be true at the same time. So maybe they are listening. Hey, guys, next time, tell me that I have spinach or lettuce or whatever in my teeth or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: It could be a chia seed.
Speaker 1: I don't know, oh seeds. Oh can't, I can't. You know what you were so right about one hundred percent. And we're gonna get to your feeling of the day in a minute, because I'm I'm also curious about that because I know you have a whole story that I've been waiting to hear, you know, update on your personal life. Yeah, it's big, feel it's big.
Speaker 3: It's big. But I want you to say this because I need the.
Speaker 1: Cat needs the validation. I amy admit to you Kat in our Protein Balls, which is our first cooking show ever that we uploaded her first of two. We have two cooking shows. We have a Homemade Pasta and Protein Balls. They're both chef's kiss. Is that what they say?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 3: Yeah, except this, except this.
Speaker 1: So I noticed because I've been making I pull up our post anytime I need the recipe. It's not that hard. You think I should have it memorized, but I just I get nervous. I want to make sure that I've got everything right. And I know we omitted the chia seeds out of the video. I think I deleted that part out of the video because it's part of the recipe. But while we're doing video, cats like I really think we should leave the gia seeds out, and I'm like, no, it's fine, We're gonna leave the geat seeds in. So we do, and we make the balls for the video and then we have to eat those and they have the chia seeds in them and they are getting stuck in my teeth left and right, and they are so annoying. And that's what that's what you said they would be. And I was like, no, no, no, gia seeds for life, like I'm keeping them in. Well, I delete it out of the video, but if you go down to the recipe part, which is in the caption, I still have chia seeds in there. So I actually need to go in and edit it and delete it because we don't need to send people down that path because emotional distress picking chia seeds out of their teeth.
Speaker 5: The only time you should be eating a chia seed is if you're home and nobody's gonna come over for a while and you're eating by yourself and you can brush your teeth after.
Speaker 3: Because those pesky little fellas.
Speaker 1: That is what they think is exactly what they should be called. They should be renamed.
Speaker 3: Peski little fellas seeds.
Speaker 5: Wait, we could have a brand of chia seeds called pesky Little fellas, but pesky.
Speaker 1: Little fes but like, why why would we wouldn't be the worst salespeople ever because we like buyer up.
Speaker 5: They called that, and like because they're annoying and like, well and I don't want them.
Speaker 1: Well, if you blend that they are they do serve a purpose and they can be good for you. So you can blend them in a smoothie and you'll never have them stuck in your teeth.
Speaker 3: Like you just don't really blend that smoothie though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think once you do, or yeah, they're pesty little suckers.
Speaker 3: They're not just fellas, there's little suckers.
Speaker 1: Yeah pls.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I used to eat well.
Speaker 5: I do make those to eat in between like therapy sessions. But when I made a batch with gia seeds, I had to not eat them at those times of the day because I had ten minutes to eat that and then like go rinse my mouth out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and like you're with a client, you sit down distracted. If I was in a therapy session in my therapeut sad geo seeds in her teeth, So you would say something, I guess I really don't know what I would do till I'm exactly in this situation. I would like to think I always lean just tell them because someone would rather know. But like also the geo seeds, you can kind of feel okay when you're in the car. I got one stuck and I had no other way, and I had like dig in my bag for a piece of paper and then get the paper and like dig the cheese seed out. So we've omitted it from our protein balls. Go make them because they are so good. I've been making double batches in fact, my boyfriend's kids. Like the last time I made them, I made a double batch for my house and then for his house, and he took them home and he put them in a bag that night. The next day, by one pm, he's like, they're all gone. They've eaten them all. And I'm like, well, now I'm gonna need to do triple that, which which is a compliment to our protein balls.
Speaker 3: You you've made that batch, and so.
Speaker 1: I highly recommend people make those. And then I do need to do everybody a favor, and I need to go into the because I know, to admit omit it. But if other people are just now finding that recipe and they're like, oh, I want to try these, and they're doing the cheese seeds, and they're gonna be annoyed with us because and we're like, oh, these pesky little suckos, Now they're stuck in my teeth. But protein balls are legit. That's one way we're getting extra protein. I'm also getting protein through my profy protein.
Speaker 3: Coffee Profe proffee I like better.
Speaker 1: I use my vanilla almond milk and I mix it in with my coffee and it's my little latte with twenty five grams of protein. Not just any protein, high quality isopure protein.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that we're talking about this, because my favorite breakfast is a sesame bagel with butter.
Speaker 3: How many rooms protein are in that?
Speaker 1: I don't think any enough?
Speaker 3: None. But now that you're saying this, I can have my bagel and I can have my profy.
Speaker 1: Yes, the snurgs they can do it too. We have a code Feel twenty. You can try it for yourself at isopureprotein dot com. Boom. You pop in Feel twenty code at checkout and you're gonna save twenty percent unflavored. That is very key your way protein in here. Creamy vanilla is legit, Like I can add that into smoothies an oatmeal, no problem, It's good.
Speaker 5: That's a game changer because you add the vanilla and it just adds a little extra like ye.
Speaker 1: You're gonna think I'm crazy. But also in my oatmeal, I will sprinkle sea salt on top.
Speaker 3: What I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just love salty sweets.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go get a proffee and a bagel. Would you like one? Praffe? Praffee, praffee?
Speaker 1: All right, now to your feeling of the today.
Speaker 5: Okay, this isn't that crazy, but also it feels crazy that they did this. I feel relief because I did an adult thing today and I have changed my last name.
Speaker 1: I feel like I need to put my proffe praffee pro praffy. I need to put it down, and I need to clap for you. Thanks guys, that's probably one of the more annoying things. Like you, there are women out there that have been married for five, ten, fifteen years that have wanted to Now. Some women they don't want to do it, that's fine, respect Others they have wanted to do it and they just haven't found it in them. And I would like to say, you have a disadvantage you.
Speaker 3: Have, Adhd. I know, and I'm thank you for acknowledging.
Speaker 1: We need to acknowledge your where you are, I don't know why I went low, Adhd, I could still go high. Yeah, we need acknowledge, but wherever the normal brain is, that would just be like I need to go change my name, So I shall set up an appointment and go change my name.
Speaker 3: Like that's not us. So thank you, and I probably how long have you been married? A year and a half?
Speaker 1: Perfect? I feel like that's solid, very very reasonable.
Speaker 5: I probably did it in a really bad time, but I was like, I have the appointment, I'm already planning to go. I've already talked myself into going. I have to do it. But I'm also in the midst of selling and buying a new house. So I'm sure that makes the paperwork a little bit confusing because my ID and my social Security name now don't match. Because here's the thing. I could go on about this, and I'm sure you could too. I'm sure any woman who has changed name could go on about this. You don't just go to the Social Security office and change your name. You do that you feel something out online, then you go there. You have an appointment, but you still have to wait an hour and a half, even though the appointment actually takes all of three minutes. You do that, they give you a piece of paper. You can do anything else until you have that. Then you have to get a new driver's license. Then you have to get another appointment. They have to probably hours of your life. Then you have to get a new passport. I don't think that takes hours of your life, but it's expensive. Then you have to change all your bank accounts. Then I have to change my professional license. Then I have to like change the name my car is in this name, my this is in this name.
Speaker 3: Like everything.
Speaker 5: It's like there's a million things to do and it's hours and hours and hours. And I'm like, what can we make men do that is equal to this because I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we got to shorten the stick on this one. For sure.
Speaker 3: I think that your husband should have to go with you to every appointment. Yeah, well technically is paying for it?
Speaker 1: Well, if you have combined accounts, some couples keep everything separate that, yeah, he doesn't have to do anything.
Speaker 5: Like. I also have a lot of anxiety and I do not love going to new places where I don't know what it's going to be like. So I was texting somebody who has done this, and I was like, Okay, what do you do when you get there?
Speaker 3: Like are they scary? Like what do you sit somewhere?
Speaker 5: Like? Yeah, I just wanted to know what I was getting myself into. And if you are going to Nashville, I will let you know. It's really simple. You just go in through a door, you check in on your phone, you sit there and wait until they call your name. It wasn't bad, but that was part of why it haven't gone also because I'm like, oh, this feels scary, but if my husband went with me, I wouldn't have that fear. Awkward moments are not awkward as much when you're with somebody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like when you have a buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Which also makes me think I'm having like a squirrel thought when you go to a friend's house like you've never been to their house before.
Speaker 3: Do you hit nervous.
Speaker 5: When you go to a friend's house like you've never been to their house before. Do you hit nervous, like nervous about what I'm land? Yes, like if I'm going to where's the bathroom? Where are the exits? No, not so much that, but like, am I gonna go knock on the right door?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Like A lot of times when I go to somebody's house for the first time, I'll text them be like I'm here. She's making sure this is the right place before I go knock on their door because, oh my gosh, can you imagine knock, knock, knock, and it's like somebody's grandma.
Speaker 1: Like, you're at the wrong house, not your friend's grandma.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think the last time I went somewhere knew like a house that was new cry okat just brought up. We went to our friend Jen's house one day to lay out the pool and she was already laying out at her pool. And her house is rather how shall I put it, large and beautiful, and yeah, I think I was a little intimidated, but she's big, down to earth. I think it depends on Like for me, it's not just any house. I think it just depends on who I'm meeting because she but she's so cool and down to earth. It felt comfortable. So I'm trying to think of anytime I felt awkward or uncomfortable going to someone's house. I guess I just don't now, I don't have that feeling like you do.
Speaker 3: You know what I love?
Speaker 5: Okay, what when you're going to a party somewhere and they have balloons on the mailbox, that's helpful, So shout out if anybody is planning a shower or a party for anything. If you're inviting a large amount of people, one of those people is probably nervous about coming, and I'm nervous about going to the wrong door.
Speaker 3: So if you just put a little sign or something so they know.
Speaker 1: I appreciate balloons on if it's difficult to find, like any corner leading up to the event. Like I like signs with arrows and balloons because that's really good for my brain. Because looking at a map, I do get nervous. But I love when it's like, oh, left here where the balloons are, and then you'll see more balloons. To turn right and then you'll see the house that's goot balloons.
Speaker 3: That's legit.
Speaker 1: But that definitely takes thought and time and planning. And I don't really know what kind of party I'm going to that has that, but I know that I've had that situation before, like.
Speaker 3: A wedding, like the backyard wedding reception.
Speaker 1: Reception boomah, that has been like out somewhere that's not easy to navigate, and then you have balloons that guide you. It's legit. Yeah, Like I could just have that on a Tuesday, going to somebody's house.
Speaker 3: Now you didn't go to my I don't think you were at my wedding shower.
Speaker 1: Were you?
Speaker 3: You would?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, because I would remember. I know where it was. I can't remember why I couldn't go unless it's so that you didn't invite.
Speaker 3: Me you were I'm just kidding. I know, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could make it.
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: But every reason it wasn't like just no, don't feel like it wasn't like, eh, my sister in law and my brother live on a farm, so their house was really difficult to get to.
Speaker 5: You literally, why people were like driving down there was a bunch of cows in the middle of the road that they had to like honk at.
Speaker 3: It was like a welcoming committee house.
Speaker 1: I would have loved that.
Speaker 3: You actually would have loved it. It was cute. Well of close cows because they smell and there's a lot of flies around them.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 5: I think she had to put a balloon on the mailbox because you literally turn and you just turned into a farm versus like a house.
Speaker 3: So people like that. I think she knows to do that.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying, even if you're house is on a very normal street and the house number is very clear, still balloons might help your anxious friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so keep that in mind.
Speaker 3: And maybe the Social Security office with the balloons on the front of the victor's woe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you're here, You're at the right place. Yeah, speaking of becoming a wife and you changing your name to Patrick's last name, like he got you as a wife and then you went and did all this awesome stuff for him today to like be a Van Buren. Yes with him. Yeah, he didn't have to go do all this work and be at Defada No, and that interesting thing. You grew up with Dafada and then you married into Van Buren, Like you have cool last names either way.
Speaker 5: I will say I had a hard time deciding do I drop de Fodder or do I drop my middle name.
Speaker 1: That was something that I considered with my mom too, and I ended up keeping My mom did. Her maiden was Christopher, and on her license it said Judy Christopher Moffitt, and so I followed suit like she did, and I did Amy Moffitt Brown. And then eventually I went back and I changed it because I messed the Elizabeth because I love my middle name. So I'm just saying I had it Moffatt Bround for a while and you changed and then I changed it to Elizabeth.
Speaker 5: Interesting, So I kept my medal name because it's the same thing, Like, I love my medal name, and it was my grandma's name, and I just like like having that, And I almost kept a Fauda too, but that was like, that's so annoying, Katherine Mary Defada van.
Speaker 1: Buren, Like, what if you hyphenated Catherine Defada van Buren.
Speaker 5: Well, so you know, we've been reading Family of Liars their names was was it hyphenated? They just had a double lass name, they had Taft Sinclair. All of the daughters were they kept?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good question. I guess I don't know why it's that way.
Speaker 5: I assumed because both families were prominent. Yeah, you know, so I'm like I could have. And also, Patrick, why didn't we have the conversation that you would also keep my name?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why is he not? Patrick van Buren Defada. If you hyphenate, let me tell you first. Yeah, which one goes first?
Speaker 3: The Fata van Buren South.
Speaker 1: I know, I guess you can choose which way you want hyphenate it, but probably more times than not than just a mouthful. Yeah you think, yes, Catherine Defada van Buren is a lot.
Speaker 3: I told you my name that my mom callbab me when I was younger, right, I'm.
Speaker 1: Trying to remember it right now. I know you told me. We had it on air. We had a whole thing. Of course, I don't remember it because it was long Catherine Brittany, Denise, Linda Defata, get your butt in here.
Speaker 5: Yes, Katherine Mary, Elizabeth Francis, Sally Brittany Defada. So what if it was Katherine Mary, Elizabeth Francis, Sally Britney Defada van Buren ba'am.
Speaker 3: What if I went to the Social Security Office and they're like, what would you like to change your name to?
Speaker 5: And I was like, well, Katherine Mary live with Francis.
Speaker 3: What would they say?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean that you were a little cuckoo. You can't stop me Cocoa puffs for sure. Well maybe, I mean I guess they yeah, they can't stop you. But like chad Ocho Cinco whatever, that football player he kept changing his name to stuff. Really uh huh, I don't know. Yeah, Meta World Peace, like lots of different names. I think it's really really funny that you're like, casually, do you remember what it was? Almost like you were testing me and it's like ten names, but you can't remember. I got, I know, I really wanted to try. And then once you started doing it, I was like, there's no way I would ever remember that one Maybe one day a real friend was, I'll surprise you. Oh my real friend was, okay, tell me it again.
Speaker 5: Well you're gonna have this on video. You can go back and watch. But Catherine Mayor.
Speaker 4: Because that's how I spent my free time watching your own video, I'm cringe.
Speaker 5: God, Catherine, Mary Elizabeth. That should be easy, Catherine, Mary Elizabeth, because it's mine, Okay, Francis, Francis Sally, Sally, Brittany, Jesse, Raphael.
Speaker 3: I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Too, Okay, well you are a wife, right to Patrick, yes, obviously I am, and to anybody else that is listening, that is a wife. I was a wife. I'm no longer one.
Speaker 3: Well you may be one in the future.
Speaker 1: I might be one, and I shall be a gift because that is what we are. I saw this entire article about how a wife is the cheat code to life. So men, find yourself one.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to hear why so I can.
Speaker 1: Okay, Married men outperform single men across the country in nearly every category. Married men have higher income ten to forty percent more than single peers.
Speaker 3: That's a huge.
Speaker 1: Higher Yeah, I get that's a huge difference. But still, even if it's just ten percent higher, that can be a lot lower risk of depression with a wife, better physical and mental health, greater career stability, longer life span, more productive, less likely to engage in risky behavior.
Speaker 3: I'm keeping my husband safe.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. So wives multiply everything, because a good wife doesn't just support, she multiplies. She multiplies your efforts. You're discipline your legacy. Basically in a nutshell, it's saying men expand when they have women, and I'm sure we probably expand too, but like, I think we're already pretty experimented awesome. They go on to say that for a woman, her intuition is unmatched and men often lack that. So then when you've got a good wife, a good partner in that, and then she also can be your mirror. She can show your blind spots, not to shame you, but to shape you.
Speaker 5: As you're saying this, I'm like, yes, companionship that like relationship that would elevate. The more we have close relationships, the better that we are in life, whether that's a spouse or not. But I bet this is different for men. I haven't read this research article. That's where this came from. But my assumption would be because men struggle so much to have vulnerable, deep connection like when they're with the guys. I mean, I feel like this is a tale as old as time joke right now, Like my husband will come home and be like his own and so is getting married and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Like how did they propose? I don't know. I didn't ask, Like is he excited? I don't know. I didn't ask. What's the girl's name? I don't know. I didn't ask.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, so he just said I'm getting married and you just said okay. Like they don't have these girls are like, oh my gosh, tell me everything.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling?
Speaker 5: They just don't have the opportunity to connect the same way, which is also shows up in how they're supported too, Like I think Patrick has a great group of friends that are very supportive, but the support I give him is a deeper, emotional, more I think, all encompassing kind of support. So that's probably why this is different for men than women, because we already have that as women with our female friendships, but men lack that, and so we come in and fill that. That can be very exhausting because women are doing it for women and now they're doing it for men and very exciting.
Speaker 1: I love that. Thank you for that perspective. Licensed therapist, after welcome the thought of Bean Buiau. Mary van Buren, Sorry, Catherine, Mary van Buren.
Speaker 5: Do you think it would be weird if I went by Katherine Mary nor?
Speaker 1: I would feel like it was more of a Southern thing, like for you to have like two.
Speaker 3: Names, but it's supposed to be marry Katherine.
Speaker 1: True, but I would just think, oh, look at her. She likes to do things opposite.
Speaker 3: She's unique, unique New York, Unique New York.
Speaker 1: How now brown Cow? How now brown Cow? Have you tried Alex Kooper's unwell drinks? No me, neither. You haven't either, But I thought about buying one at Target the other day.
Speaker 3: They're at Target.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're a target, feel like, I don't know, but they are there and I saw it, and the only thing that stopped me is I really wanted to drink it, like I needed some to drink, and I wanted it then like I wanted.
Speaker 3: It nothing else?
Speaker 1: Well, no, there was, so I ended up getting just water.
Speaker 3: Have you watched her documentary yet?
Speaker 1: I have Okay, I liked it. Okay, thought was good. I learned a lot about her. I haven't listened to her, but I thought the documentary, being that I didn't know much about her, I was very intrigued and very impressed, very very impressed.
Speaker 3: I think she's a likable person.
Speaker 5: But for anybody who doesn't know about like the rebrand of calling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I never gonna make her so much more relatable and likable.
Speaker 5: And I think I might not listen every week, but there are a lot of episodes I listen to.
Speaker 3: Speaking of I just listened to.
Speaker 5: When I was telling you about Renee Rapp, didn't really know much about her.
Speaker 3: She's so cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna have to go check out that, because you I don't think I know who.
Speaker 5: She's unapologetically herself, but not in a like I was about to say, insufferable way.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just liked her.
Speaker 1: I was drang, she's like in an authentic way, because sometimes people are trying to be unapologetically themselves and then it's like it feels off.
Speaker 5: I think there's probably some things that her PR team is like, oh no, but it's working well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah is what it is. I don't even know alexis Earl. You know, it's not her name. What's her name, Alex Earl.
Speaker 3: Alex Earl, ale Alex Cooper. That's why Okay, it's so crazy alexis No, it's Alex a L.
Speaker 1: I x Oh. Maybe that's why I just know what I see on social media because I haven't followed a lot. I don't listen to their podcast and I don't I don't even not even an Alex Earl fan. I just know that she is, evidently from the get go who coined the get Ready with Me videos and that's how that sort of started. And I know she's huge and made a name for herself and has crazy brand deals and whatnot. But I guess she started a podcast under Alex Cooper's unwell, and then it was now it's called it's called okay, and now they're dunze donzo like what that's the tea I want? And I don't even know, but I would like to understand what happened because I think, just as you know. And then Alex Cooper, her original co host, don't call her daddy, they did not end on good terms.
Speaker 3: They must not have sib Yeah.
Speaker 1: If they just had the little essay like, hey, SIB, Yeah, yeah, I think I sib.
Speaker 3: Maybe SIV.
Speaker 5: I am really curious because I was like deep in the Sophia and Alex breakup thing.
Speaker 3: I was so interested in that because.
Speaker 1: The original coast and call her daddy okay, and oh gosh, that is a bummer for her. See I only knew about her because of the documentary.
Speaker 5: Okay, So like I didn't listen to call her daddy back then because that's it.
Speaker 3: Was very different.
Speaker 1: By different, you mean like very sexual and not my vibe. But also she that's a marketing genius, like she knows she's doing.
Speaker 5: And I was watching her documentary and I was like, dang, if I could be more like her, that would be awesome because that would make me.
Speaker 3: I mean, who knows.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there's other people that have tried to do that and they didn't get sixty million dollar deals, but I would never and like I don't have those some of those stories to talk about anyway. But also like her like family and stuff, like would listen and like go to her shows and.
Speaker 1: I know her dad's like in the audience. I think her parents are super cute, and I guess I like the way they can be open about that sort of stuff and it's like a safe space. And it seems like but she's grandma and her mom like they raise them, like let's talk about everything. So she obviously felt comfortable doing that. But yeah, I don't think I could ever talk about those things.
Speaker 5: I mean I think also as a therapist and as a professional person, I couldn't probably do the things that she was doing, not just talking about like sex and stuff, but I mean she just was a character online doing funny, crazy things, and you do it until it works. I'm sure a lot of people were like, she's so weird, but like look at.
Speaker 1: Her now, right, And I mean there's stuff she'd had to shift because even with HR, she's like, oh, you know, probably shouldn't be advising people to do X y Z, and she's had to mature and grow and evolve and she has.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, when her and Alex got together, it felt like it was like gonna be this cute like mentorship thing because I think Alex is in our early twenty Alex, Alex Earl is in her early twenties. Alex Cooper is I think thirty thirty one ish, so I was like, Oh, this is gon be so cool that they can mentor each other. So I've been trying to do a little sleuthing, but I couldn't tell you one thing. I have some ideas, but they're not rooted in anything, so it would be kind of gossipy just to share them.
Speaker 3: But I think both of them are going to probably capitalize on that story at some point.
Speaker 1: It's just when there are multiple podcast duos that have just split without like who explanation. I just see the drama unfolding online. I don't know them because I don't listen, but it just makes me think, like I'm glad we have a solid foundation and relationship that will what if one day, like or me, but I snapped you or you just did one of us just disappears and.
Speaker 3: We don't talk about it. Like how do I get.
Speaker 1: Certain things being private? Like I've had certain relationsis ships that have ended and what has unfolded is private. I'm talking about relationships that are in a work relationship that is very public together like a podcast. Let's just leave podcasts as the only example of what I'm talking about, because that's actually these relationships I'm talking about online and It's weird how it sucks you in because some of them I click on TMZ or this article or this thread about what, and I don't know these people at all, And next thing, you know, twenty minutes has passed, and I'm trying to figure out, like why their podcasts broke up and why they hate each other.
Speaker 5: And but what's happened interesting that you're more You weren't interested in their podcast, and you might not have even known about it, but you are interested about the drama of the podcast.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just that I want to figure out what happens, so then maybe I can make sure like I don't want this to happen to us, which I don't think it will. But I wonder what that because I don't deep dive on every quote unquote breakup. But I guess the thing about the podcast splits I find interesting could bring you see there's another one that who's Dax's Oh.
Speaker 5: My gosh, yes, Okay, well, I think there's way more to this.
Speaker 3: So Liz Plank was a co host on The Man Andough.
Speaker 5: Podcast, which was a really good podcast hosted by her, Justin Baldoni and another guy named Jamie Heath, which I know a lot of people have feelings about all of that, and then she also had a podcast, We Need a Family Chart, Dak Shepherd and Monica have I'm Armchair Expert. Monica had a podcast with Liz Plank called like Cycle Sinking or something like that, and it was on the Armchair Expert feed.
Speaker 3: That went away.
Speaker 5: I think Dax Shepherd got a new deal somewhere and that podcast went away, and then Monica and Liz are no longer friends, and then Liz also left man Enough, and I think man Enough just collapsed because of all of the drama happening with him and Blake Lively. So I'm just curious, like what happened with Monica because they were best friends and had this really seemingly fun relationship, and what happened with Justin Baldoni, because Liz hasn't said anything.
Speaker 3: About it, which I wish.
Speaker 1: I think is okay because I've had things in my life I'm not going to say anything about, and I think it's out of respect for the other person, so I can appreciate that. So while I am still curious, and that's sort of the theme of this episode, because I was curious if you would tell me if I've let us in my teeth and I'm curious now if you should hyphenate your name or not, and then I'm curious about some of these podcast breakups. But also I respect that it's none of my business if we don't get all the details, and it's like, okay, fine, I may never know. And it's not like I spent living. It's not living rent free like some things in my mind do, like where is Amy Bradley? But I still don't know. But I respect it because people ask me about things in my life that I'm just not gonna address. I'm just not gonna Yeah, and it's out of respect. I guess I shouldn't use the word never ever ever, but at this point I'm not, and if I ever did, it would be from my perspective and my perspective only, and not you know what, I think you've hurt anybody.
Speaker 5: I hear what you're saying, and this is that's a different I think, I like, get ready to say this.
Speaker 3: It's not that big of a deal to count. Let me get ready.
Speaker 5: I think that a lot of people who are not speaking about certain things. A lot of people are not speaking about things because it's respect it's their privacy, it's them having boundaries. I think other people don't say things because they are waiting for the best moment to share some big news.
Speaker 3: Like there was Sheena say, I do love.
Speaker 5: Interpub rules, rip to that cast, but she just recently came out with and this is like I haven't read the article.
Speaker 3: I just read the headlines.
Speaker 5: But like her, I guess husband cheated on her while she was pregnant, but she didn't share that information while it would have been like more pressing on the show, which could have created a whole storyline on the show, because I think it's when the whole sam of all things happened.
Speaker 3: So she's like, I have this big bomb.
Speaker 5: I don't want to let that fizzle if this other thing is going to take over, right, So I have to find a better time. So she waits two years and then she shares it. Now this is me speculating, but like that's an example where people might not be sharing things just because they're waiting for the right time. So we just have to be patient so they can profit off of sharing their personal information, which they should.
Speaker 1: Or sometimes people yes, like there was that bomb you're saying, but like there could be a book deal, and like their book is coming out and they're going to put it in the book, which I could see waiting to save it to put in the book.
Speaker 3: And then now it's smart. I'm saying that, like, not as a bad thing. I'm saying like, that's smart.
Speaker 5: Like sometimes we just have to be patient because like, if they're going to share this part of their life that's so personal, which I don't know that I would let them make some money off of it.
Speaker 1: Let them, let them shoot. Oh my gosh, I don't think I told you this. On the Bobby Bone Show, read Chat GPT wrote obituaries for the main cast of the show. Wait that is so dark, so morbid, right, but whatever, it was also entertaining, Okay, So they wrote it for Bobby, Me, Lunchbox, and Eddie. So four obituaries and Ray read them and chat GPT ended mine with something like I can't remember exactly, but like everybody that attended the funeral got like a choose Joy bracelet and like a let them tattoo or something I'm paraphrasing, but it ended with let them And I was like, no, no, no, no, let them. I yelled that on the during the segment like I with no explanation, like no, like we have a whole deep dive on mel Robbins let them theory, and now I'm you know, no, let them Let them is okay in certain circumstances, but I'm not an overall let them theory. Girl.
Speaker 3: That's interesting, I know.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but maybe because that it pulls things from and because we have maybe the let them very deep dive, then maybe it associates that with Amy Brown and so then they're like, you know, because it had the choose joy in there, and it had like that I was gonna have what are the essential oils at my funeral? And you know I put essential oils on my dryer balls. Oh yeah, So like things that I've said or things that are out there, it pulled.
Speaker 5: I was funny, You're gonna have choose joy bracelet. And it depends hat.
Speaker 1: Yes, it depends choose joy, but not always because maybe choose joy.
Speaker 3: When it's appropriate, and it depends when that is going to be.
Speaker 1: That's also the whole thing with Pimp and joy and my mom wasn't It was more that my mom was spreading joy and then choosing joy of herself, but also leaning into the hard moments, like for my mom, Pimp and Joy was neamia e ten, which was the joy of the Lord is my strength, So I'm going to have joy and I'm gonna spread joy. And she would just talk to everybody at the hospital. That's why when Walker Hayes wrote the Joy Like Judy song about Pimp and Joy for my mom, he put the line in there that was stood out to him the most was that he was like, she even be talking to people in the elevators, because my mom who talks to people in the elevators, and especially when you're on your way to treat like you're feeling horrible and blah and you're going in for chemo, and my mom felt like total crap, and she would make it a point to be like, oh, I love your scar for you have a pretty sweater, or how long have you been coming here? Like she would make conversations just especially to the people that were there alone, because some people my mom never went to a treatment alone, and we would see people there all the time alone and that's got to be hard. So anyway, that's Pimp and Joy, spread joy all the joy. Maybe we serve Profy God, prof got it.
Speaker 3: We serve pro with it English accent.
Speaker 1: Profy, that's a profy. Okay, protein coffee, it's delectable. You just take the coffee and you take a little milk. I prefer unsweetened vanilla almond milk with a scoop of unflavored I supure protein. It'll give you twenty five grams of high quality protein. Like why is anything more fun in a British accent? Like sound better in a British accent? Like it sounds more credible. I mean I'm credible, Like I use is supure protein? Like I'm credible, I'm credible smart British meat? Doesn't it sound more like delable? Like it makes you want to try it, doesn't it? I do you want to put it in your oatmeal?
Speaker 3: You mean my protmeal?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, your oatmeal with protein? I forgot protmeal. M Oh how about creamy vanilla?
Speaker 3: Creamy krimmi? Krimmi?
Speaker 1: How do you krim crima vanilla?
Speaker 5: I think that English people sound more did well Americans.
Speaker 1: Also, I'm watching The Gilded Age right now, and that's obviously.
Speaker 3: You've been watching that for years.
Speaker 1: I have the new seasons back.
Speaker 3: Oh it's like season four.
Speaker 1: I think so the way they spoke. I mean, this is New York society, and I love the way they speak. Everything its not indeed, oh oh indeed, Oh take a seat. You must be famished. I'm like, oh dad, you're like, dang, I'm starving. Anybody got some I supure protein? And then the bit it's like, oh do you want some isopure?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And oh guess what, kat, we have a code. The code is feel twenty Feel twenty at checkout.
Speaker 5: Is there a word that you wish you said in your vocabulary? What do you mean, like a elevated word that you want to integrate into your Oh?
Speaker 1: Like I said, like a word?
Speaker 3: I just yeah. If you're like, I want to start saying famished instead of this, or I want to say like.
Speaker 1: Well I sort of just started using it today. Coffee delectable, oh hmm, fantastic.
Speaker 3: No, fantastic is not like a well what are you the word police?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: What do you have one?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: But I think that so delicious. I think you use that word. I just have been thinking.
Speaker 5: I listen to a lot of audiobooks and I'm like, I want to start reading them because I don't think I take it in as.
Speaker 3: Much of the like the new habits.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I want sometimes I think that I just like am grabbing for a word that I don't have in my head yet and I need more words.
Speaker 1: So you want to be athosaurus? Yes, Yes, me too. I was real proud of my son the other day and I don't know why, but I guess I know why. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised, right. I don't want to be like, wow, you're a new word today, because he's going to be fifteen, so it's like wow. But when they do need maybe it's because English is their second language. Yeah, when they do use new words words, I find myself being like, hey, all right. I mean I try not to like make a huge just low.
Speaker 3: Key like in some emergency confetios.
Speaker 1: Like oh, but my son was asking me a question about cancer and because like both my mom and my dad had it, and then he said, well, so if somebody else in your family has it, which this is a conversation we have never had before, and he's using this word you'll hear it in a second, And I'm just like, where would he have picked up on that? Because I don't know that it's a word that he would have learned in school unless they've talked about it anyway here it is. So he just looked at me and he said, so, does that mean that you're going to be more prone to get cancer? And in my mind, I was like, he just used prone, Like I was just really impressed by that because I don't know that that's a word that gets used a lot, and it's we don't talk about that in our home. I mean, he knows that my parents had it, but I've never been like that means I might be more prone or susceptible.
Speaker 5: Or maybe it was I was impressed. Maybe it was his prone prone. Maybe it was his school's word of the week. Because when I was in middle school, we had the word wizard, and the word wizard would come on the announcements every Monday, and a wizard crossed him and share with us the words.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was our assistant principle.
Speaker 1: I am going to ask him if they have a word of the week, But I was just I loved that he used the word prone. So to your point, we could do that with ourselves, like maybe be our own little word wizards and give ourselves new words to use, and then have we done that before, Like on here.
Speaker 5: Stick we did the word of the week on the fifth thing. We did like twice, but we would pick words that were like not good.
Speaker 1: They just weren't like beautiful.
Speaker 3: What did you say? Delicious? Your word of the week is delicious? Definition? Is it tastes good?
Speaker 1: You're oh, exquisite? Cry?
Speaker 3: Okay, exquisit that you have exquisite? Yes, this proffy is delicious. You must have exquisite taste. There you ca. That was really hard for me to say.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're reminding me of Parent Trap, Lindsay Lohan's character that's British. You sounded like that, you know, because she's playing both the America.
Speaker 3: The different between me and you. Oh you have I have class and you don't. I feel like I just sounded like not the parent Trap. She had a cute voice.
Speaker 1: That is such a cute movie Parent Trap. I love that. And Lindsay Lohan like talk about comeback, Like she just was doing a bunch of press for the Freaky Friday, New Freaky Friday movie, and I'm like, yay, I'm celebrating that that comeback. Like Lindsay Lohan seems to be doing really well. She lives in Dubai.
Speaker 3: Yeah did you hear that? Yeah, and her husband is like one of the wealthiest men.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I guess I didn't know that part.
Speaker 3: I just sorry.
Speaker 1: We're talking about how she lives in Dubai and it's great because taking pictures of people there, like celebrities or just normal people is illegal. Really, she can't. You can't pull out your phone and start recording somebody doing anything. Okay, Well, we hope that you're having the day that you need to have. And if there's any takeaway from this episode, it is stay curious and drink your profee and drink your coffee, and don't forget to use our code Feel twenty Feel twenty I supure protein dot com. We should say it to English I supure protein dot com and that link will be in the show notes. But really, if you want to join us in trying this and upping your protein woo like us whoo subscribe you were saying, like us, like not like and subscribe. I mean we're trying to be so intentional about our intake, our consumption A good word, yeah, just like every word. I could do this. I just have to stop and think, like, what's the elevated word of eat consumption, consume, consume.
Speaker 3: I consumed some chicken for dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, we'll work on this, Okay, all right, Kat. Until next time, I hope you have the day you need to have. Boy,