Speaker 1: Hey, it's Monday after a time change. WOFTA. I know. Yeah, hey, welcome to it.
Speaker 2: We're going to try to get through this altogether. A. We do have a brand new second date for you today to kind of wake you up keep you going, and we always love to start those with comments.
Speaker 3: Yes, bis Mango said hi from Romania. You guys almost got me kicked out of class. I was listening to y'all during class with my earphones and it suddenly got out of power and the show started blasting in the silent amphitheater.
Speaker 1: Thank god, my professor was a listener.
Speaker 4: Now I know how to get better grades.
Speaker 3: A professor was a listener too. I'm scared what segment and what part was playing when it went out loud.
Speaker 1: I mean usually get held back for that stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, alright, alright, dummies, here's a bridge update right now.
Speaker 6: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 7: I read an article recently where in New York City right now, they're holding speed Day events, just tons of them, where it's a three to one female to male ratio.
Speaker 5: Keep going. I've heard about.
Speaker 7: This, and this is where men can attend them for free. And women have to pay one hundred dollars or more, which is crazy drastic price difference. But guys just aren't showing up to these like at all anymore. And the reason why is because they interviewed some of the guys and men say they feel like they're most likely going to get ignored or rejected by the women there anyway, So even a free ticket just feels like a big waste of time.
Speaker 2: So that all the men have given up in New York City and blamed the women. Yeah, I love it, That's what I just heard.
Speaker 7: Well, it's nice that you came with such an open heart towards these guys and their feelings. I'm sure that it has nothing to do with how they feel. The feel weird about the women, I know, but no one knows that better than one of our listeners, Stacey, who's on the phone right now because she wingmanned her brother at one of these events. I'm not sure why he's not on the phone with us.
Speaker 1: Wingmanning your brother. Your brother better have paid your one hundred dollars entry show.
Speaker 4: Stacey. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, how's it going today?
Speaker 5: Good? We asked you the questions.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I guess who paid? Did your brother pay for this?
Speaker 8: My brother did pay for it, okay?
Speaker 1: And why did he think he wanted his sister to be there?
Speaker 8: You know, he's just a really shy guy. So he asked if I would go with him, and of course, you know, he's my baby brother. I'm sure I'm going to go with him. I want him to find happiness.
Speaker 5: You're like his comfort, like service animals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, until you until you find a hot guy, and then he's on his own.
Speaker 8: Certainly, Why did.
Speaker 5: You participate too?
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 10: I didn't find anybody, but he did.
Speaker 8: Wait, we thought, okay, I thought.
Speaker 1: This was a second date update for you.
Speaker 8: No, I am actually calling for my brother.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 8: I told him to call you guys. He said he was too nervous. I said, why don't you just email them? And he just was too embarrassed.
Speaker 6: Couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: Bud, He's with us like we're harmless. We're on the font, I know.
Speaker 1: But that's scary to be on the radio. Like I can get that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, especially when we're talking to Brook as a man, I don't feel fear coming.
Speaker 2: I mean, your sister will air all your dirty laundry. The nice thing is, we'll probably get the honest truth about what you think he did wrong.
Speaker 5: Before this instead oblivious to everything.
Speaker 1: That's how siblings were.
Speaker 7: I'm curious, how much do you know about your brother and the girl he met, Like, how much detail do you have?
Speaker 8: I mean I have the detail in the sense that I was there and I was kind of overhearing what they were saying. But they hit it off so well. They had so much in common, Like my brother spent a year in Italy for a.
Speaker 10: Travel abroad program and it turned out that she did too.
Speaker 8: They just seem to really really hit it off. And you know that arm touch you just like reach across the table when you're laughing, and it means more than just touching your arm. She did that like five times.
Speaker 4: And did he did he do that to her?
Speaker 1: Just touching arms?
Speaker 4: Touching arms and maybe you touched both their arms.
Speaker 8: No, No, he was very respectful. But at the end of the date they picked each other.
Speaker 11: Okay, at the end of the speed dating, choose your favorite wild to like pick somebody, spend the money to be at the event, and then not follow through with the person that you.
Speaker 5: Picked about money, Yes, sometimes you have change of hearts.
Speaker 4: So this is the only interaction that they had is at the speed dating.
Speaker 8: No, they did go on a follow up date, oh right after they went to dinner. I did not join them for that one.
Speaker 10: It is very possible he screwed it up there.
Speaker 8: But okay, he said dinner was fine, but it ended with him walking her to the car. He was hoping to chat with her, but she was really really quiet and just kept insisting that he didn't have to walk her back.
Speaker 5: Oh a bad.
Speaker 7: Oh during the walk most you really don't have.
Speaker 1: To come, well, I mean at night you want somebody to.
Speaker 7: Anybody, I mean girl normally unless Yeah, clearly there's something happening between the two of them where she doesn't want him around.
Speaker 5: And that's how you know he did something wrong.
Speaker 10: Right as the sister, It's it's very possible.
Speaker 8: Ben is so sweet, like we call him sweet Benjamin in the family, like that is I don't know if yeah.
Speaker 7: Sweet Benjamin sounds like he needs extra like we have her first reason why she's probably not calling him.
Speaker 10: It is very possible.
Speaker 8: But I also you know, he doesn't know what's going on, and I just I want to help because he walked herto the car and apparently she didn't even say thank you. She just waved, got right in her car, like, no opportunity to even hug goodbye.
Speaker 2: Does Ben know that you're doing this for him? I know you encouraged him to do it, but does he know you took the reins?
Speaker 8: I told him I was going to. I don't know if he believe me, but at this point he should.
Speaker 12: This is interesting.
Speaker 5: It's gonna hit the air.
Speaker 1: He's gonna hear it, sister instinct. What do you think went wrong?
Speaker 8: I feel like there was probably a misunderstanding of some kind at dinner. I don't know what it could be, but Vita seemed so into him that it just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. What was her name?
Speaker 8: Vita? Like, don't cry for me? Argentina?
Speaker 1: Okay, the coconut water, Yeah, the coconut.
Speaker 4: All right. So she sounds a little bit foreign.
Speaker 7: Maybe she needs like a spicier guy in her life, not sweet Ben. Well, she did go to Italy for a while, that's true.
Speaker 2: If she's also a shy person, this may be really overwhelming.
Speaker 5: Well again, then we won't air it.
Speaker 7: I know, well, I'm excited to find out when we come back. We call Vita for on behalf of Stacy's brother again, Ben, I'm sweet, Ben, I forget. We'll see see why she was acting so awkward at the end of their day when we come back and get it with your second date update right after this hold.
Speaker 6: On Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second date updates.
Speaker 7: Behind every sweet shy boy is a proud, well spoken sister ready to go to bat on his behalf sister.
Speaker 1: Says our own shy boy.
Speaker 7: And that's why Stacy reached out to us because she wingmanned her brother Ben recently at a speed dating event and watched him walk out the door with a pretty woman, watched chemistry happen it Sweet Benjamin, he wants to write it out that event and took her straight to dinner, where apparently things probably went wrong. We don't know exactly what happened there, but according to what Stacy has heard from her brother several times, as he was walking her back to her car, she said to him, you know, you don't have to walk with me, which is not a good sign. Ye never said thank you and just waved goodbye at him before she left, and Stacy demands answers.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean Stacy's trying to help out.
Speaker 7: Is ready to hit someone if someone doesn't explain what went on?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 8: Slow down, Oh, you are not wrong. I am ready to.
Speaker 1: Stacy.
Speaker 4: I knew it.
Speaker 8: Do you know?
Speaker 1: We never asked.
Speaker 2: Did Vita find out that you were at the speed dating event?
Speaker 8: I don't know if she did.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just wondering, but it did occur to me.
Speaker 8: That could be a weird thing, right.
Speaker 2: Some people that may not sit right, especially if they're not close with their sibling.
Speaker 1: They don't understand that the.
Speaker 7: Way that Ben may have brought it up at dinner could be you know, yeah, I took my sister to the speed dating events, and that could be kind of awkward.
Speaker 1: My husband often says, I married my sister.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, you officiated the wedding, honey, different, I said the SAS's wedding.
Speaker 7: Yea. How you say the words matters a lot. Let's find out what happened. We don't know, so the only way to find out is if Vita picks up the phone and actually comes clean with it.
Speaker 4: So let's do it. I'm gonna dial the number. Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Vita.
Speaker 9: Yes, this is her.
Speaker 7: Hey Vita, thanks for answering. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Hi Vita, good morning. I like your name.
Speaker 9: Hi, thank you.
Speaker 1: You sound really outgoings not you?
Speaker 8: Thank you? Guys.
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're really eager to talk to you because we heard you.
Speaker 4: Went out with a guy we kind of know, Benjamin.
Speaker 7: His name is ben as a friend of ours. You guys went on a speed date. That's where you met, and then went on a dinner date afterwards.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the pity date.
Speaker 4: What how would you say that for us?
Speaker 9: Well, like at the speed date, he was just like borderline crying about how he hasn't been out with a woman. I was like, Okay, well I guess let's just go after this.
Speaker 1: Are you exaggerating a little bit? I mean maybe he was just maybe.
Speaker 4: Maybe his eyes.
Speaker 1: Walk us through the crying part.
Speaker 13: I mean it's not crying, but like just like borderline, like tears and sulky. But you know, he wasn't creepy, so like I knew like he would be safe to go out with.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hate that these are our boundaries as women.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll take some free dinner from this sweet not creepy guy, and then I'll ghost him forever.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe she took him out. Did you pay?
Speaker 8: No? He paid?
Speaker 4: Okay, well like a gentleman.
Speaker 2: But yeah, when you when you said yes to dinner, did you tell him like, fine, take me out? Like was it obvious that it was a pity date or did he think you were actually into it?
Speaker 9: I mean, he couldn't have thought that I was too into it, Like I didn't seem like overly enthusiastic about it.
Speaker 8: I was just like, Okay, well let's go to dinner.
Speaker 7: That's not quite the review that we heard. We were under the impression there was more chemistry between you two.
Speaker 4: At the speed dating.
Speaker 1: Never you had lived in Italy. He had lived in Italy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had arms. You had arms. You touched your arm with his arm.
Speaker 9: I remember on the speed date, I kept touching his hand because he had like peanut butter on it or something.
Speaker 2: Like that made me not want to touch it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just eating bumps on a log.
Speaker 8: So it was pretty pathetic.
Speaker 5: Oh, I feel like he's adorable because he's a pathetic.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. You never gave him a chance. It sounds like.
Speaker 9: I went to freaking dinner with him.
Speaker 8: What do you mean I did give him a chance.
Speaker 2: He'd already written in your mind that it was a pity date, you know, like once you pity someone you can't like, there's no respect there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even if he does something cool, it's hard to break out a pity.
Speaker 4: Well, did he do something cool?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 4: Was he was at least and respectful during your dinner date?
Speaker 9: He was fine, but just like anything like once you get the ick with somebody, like and you know what, Like he couldn't even order his own dinner, like I had to pick his meal for him, like mother, like the price, he didn't ask me to cut up his food.
Speaker 5: Awkward, Yeah, or.
Speaker 4: Just maybe nervous around a really pretty woman.
Speaker 13: A pretty woman out to dinner, you should at least be able to, like order for yourself.
Speaker 5: I'm taking you to the nicest place in the city.
Speaker 1: It's going to look good. He's on the phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we do.
Speaker 7: Because here's the deal, Vita, we kind of have a surprise for you because Ben is not on the phone with us right now.
Speaker 4: His sister, Stacy, however.
Speaker 13: Is are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 7: She was the one who reached out looking to get answers on Ben's behalf.
Speaker 4: So she wants to talk to you.
Speaker 13: I think, Stacy, how dare you?
Speaker 12: You are an absolute monster of a human And I am so grateful, so grateful that my brother is not going on a second date with you, and I cannot.
Speaker 9: You typically he can't even like call the radio station himself.
Speaker 12: He has you.
Speaker 8: He can't call the radio station himself because he's so used to women like you causing these kinds of problems.
Speaker 1: You see you so what, let's take a deep breath. But she didn't know you were listening.
Speaker 2: She didn't know, like she wasn't trying to hurt anybody's feelings. I understand it was probably hard to hear it.
Speaker 8: It was harsh, But you know what, if she didn't like him, why did she pick him for the date? Why was he the one you have to pick a person.
Speaker 9: I didn't want him to bust out flying like I was literally just like the dog a bone.
Speaker 5: Oh it sounds rude, but she was trying to help.
Speaker 10: You were not trying to help? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 13: This wanted a frizzy.
Speaker 10: You literally said it, You literally said it in the call.
Speaker 1: What did she say?
Speaker 10: She said she was not interested, and that she went out with him anyway. She called it a pity date, and I swear to God if I her pity date one more time.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I agree, Vita is saying some not nice things.
Speaker 1: But stacy, maybe like, even though it's a pity date, maybe your brother doesn't have to know. You know, it's like getting a job when you already have a job.
Speaker 2: Is easier, like going on another date when you know you've been on one.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a boost of confidence he needs.
Speaker 5: Let him break up with her.
Speaker 8: Y'all are spinning this in a way that you're trying to get her off the hook. And how dare you treat a kind man like that?
Speaker 4: Exactly broke? How dare you treat a kind man like your.
Speaker 1: Brother was like crying during the.
Speaker 10: Speed I was sitting right there. He was absolutely not crying.
Speaker 12: He was engaging in the conversation.
Speaker 9: Yeah, a little too engaged, just like a little too emotional.
Speaker 13: And then and then I did her like what adult cannot place their own suit order?
Speaker 10: You know what I've heard enough, You've already said all of these things, and you have absolutely made the worst decision of your life. You would be lucky to date someone like my brother.
Speaker 9: Sister, you should go out with your brother like.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know we should do more brother sister second updates because this is awesome.
Speaker 5: My sister will call a girl yell at her.
Speaker 1: Brother. Stacy, could you maybe see that you guys.
Speaker 2: Like your family's may be coddling your brother a little bit too much, like you're calling as.
Speaker 8: This isn't about my brother anymore. This is about that woman, that toxic woman and her behavior.
Speaker 4: I know Brook is not the most pleasant.
Speaker 10: I'm talking about Vita because what she did to that sweet boy, regardless of what he's.
Speaker 1: A grown man.
Speaker 8: Lord, that sweet boy needs to grow up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you need to find a soul, you harpy.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: It hurts though.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: It's at this point in the call where we always offer to send the couple.
Speaker 4: Out on another date and we would pay for it.
Speaker 7: So at this point, Vita, I feel like there's a chance that we could have all three of you meet up one more time to work out your differences and all order food for each other.
Speaker 13: No, I think I'm going to pass on that one.
Speaker 4: So you're passing with Stacy, but not on her brother. You're still open to Ben on both of them.
Speaker 9: I'm good.
Speaker 13: And Stacy, I don't appreciate you calling me names.
Speaker 8: Your brother should grow the up.
Speaker 1: Maybe a hard truth, Maybe.
Speaker 8: He should, But at least he won't be alone for the rest of his life because he'll have.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, I think she meant that as a dig ta vita, but I worry that might actually happen where Big Sis is actually going to end up becoming Sweet Benjamin's mommy, ordering him smiley faced pancakes off the I Hop menu for the rest of his life.
Speaker 5: Don't hate those.
Speaker 7: Oh sorry, it's kind of sweet.
Speaker 6: You're right, brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: I don't know why during the call, I just I had this weird image in my mind. But do you think that during intimacy, Sweet ben shyly raises his hand and asks the woman to help him put on his prophylactic.
Speaker 4: Oh excuse me hand?
Speaker 7: Oh wow, yeah, I mean he couldn't order his own dinner. He had peanut butter all over his arm. I'm starting to see what Brooks saw during their conversation.
Speaker 1: I might not say that nobody pictured that you were there.
Speaker 7: Oh, I was jumping straight to the ends.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine any of it.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna hate to admit Vita actually made a good point. If he really wanted a second date with her, he should have.
Speaker 4: Been the one that called.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, that's kind of all the dates.
Speaker 2: That's the problem is, Like I understand that it can be probably really hard if you're socially anxious, but also you can't have somebody hold your hand the whole time either.
Speaker 7: Yeah, are you practicing the speech to give to your son a few years.
Speaker 1: Dude, I already tell my kids.
Speaker 2: I'm like, listen, Mommy's not going to be around to cut your meat when you're on a date someday that it's going to be real embarrassing.
Speaker 5: So learn to ask your date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a real man.
Speaker 7: But look, we can help you out with your dating life or help you out with your brother or sister's dating life.
Speaker 1: Let's not offer that again.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I thought it was fine, But if you need help, reach out to the show and we can call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second date updates. They're online where you get your podcast at Brook and Jeffrey