Speaker 1: Speaks to the planning.
Speaker 2: I'll go by the name of Charlamagne of God and guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poleman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions Man, D B and Weezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast were taking Jay Valentine. We got the Woman of All Podcasts with Sarah Jake Roberts. We got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect Marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us. All right, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably shake Dy. I am Jiselle Bryant. What's up? What's up. I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us. What's once again? It's full it's full fledged March. Yes, life is good. Hallew, it's it's it's you know, the sun is shining. Yes, won't he do it? We made it through. It's we made it through. We made it through. And it's officially Robin's month. Yay. Robin don't like to celebrate her birthday, y'all, but it is March also known as Robin's birthday. Yes, shout out to all the aries in the house. Is it women? Are we in air season? Now? I think what comes before aries? Pisces? Pisces. We're in piece season.
Speaker 3: Okay, so high Pisces, but it's really aries season.
Speaker 1: So are Pisces and Aries similar? No? I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know, the only Pisces that I really know very well is my father. Oh, and I feel like we're similar just because like, you know.
Speaker 1: We he read that. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But as far as like what you know, what I've read about astrology and zodiac signs and stuff like or like, I don't think there's a similarity because Pisces is.
Speaker 1: What water sign and Arias is fire sign. So do so water and fire don't go together. I don't. I can only speak from my experience.
Speaker 3: I feel like I only the sign like as an ares, the signs that I'm most compatible with, and I find myself like you know, drawn to the most are other fire signs, so Sagittarius and Leo, okay, and then virgos like it's.
Speaker 1: Verghos vergghos urgo urgos around the world. Just f y. I know you guys, you guys are out there. Yeah yeah, But so like I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't like when I think about other signs, like I don't really have I can't say like, oh, like I have a Capricorn in the house Pisces or.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like we'd want is a lead bruh? But is he? Yeah? I wouldn't strike him as a Libra really. He said he's September October October. Oh, he's an October Libra. Okay, what does that mean? He's October ninth. I don't know what that means. But Libra. I know a lot of September Libra men, okay. And they are very level headed, they clearly, but they're like thinkers, calm, cool, collecting cal is A is a September libra.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, interesting, Well maybe the October Ones got the crazy gen.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just kidding, just catching.
Speaker 3: Wand the one is definitely one that he acts before he thinks. Ah so, and then I'll have to come behind him and be like, let's let's really let's pull back and think about it before we Like, are you Kim Kardashian to Kanye kind I.
Speaker 1: Was joking and you said.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh my god, really not that.
Speaker 1: Degree, not that.
Speaker 3: But he's very like when something pops into his head, like he's gonna he's gonna do it. He doesn't like stop and think things through. I'm very much like you think that about me, Like, very much like, okay, well let's think about this first. Yeah, you want to think it all the way through us? Yes, every little step And he's like, you know, i mean this happened recently with Corey and basketball, and he's like, and now he did something where it's like we should.
Speaker 1: Have kind of done something else. Yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Should have just slow walked it instead of just jumping into something.
Speaker 1: That must drive I'm surprised y'all have been y'all been together this long that must drive him insane, him insane or me y'all because I'm okay, So me being a virgo, this is so crazy that we're on this topic. Me being a virgo, I'm very much like, I'll just move forward. Uh huh. I think about it, yeah, right, and I think it through. I don't think it all the way through. I think it like seven steps you all the way down the street. And sometimes it doesn't get on my nerves, so I'm just like, oh, dropping right, like a yes, but with want that must be like a lot. He so it does.
Speaker 3: So it bothers him when like I don't immediately.
Speaker 1: Agree with him. Yes, totally, I can see that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So like when I'm like I don't know, like he thinks I'm going against him, I'm like, no, no, I'm not going against you.
Speaker 1: I am just like thinking it through.
Speaker 3: I'm you know, like looking at things from all angles. And so that drives him crazy because he takes it as I'm going against him.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, that's not what it is. Yeah, you just want to and then heal.
Speaker 3: Like once he's like able to like listen to me, then he's like oh okay, yeah, like okay, you know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Wow, so is that your shady moment? Why? You know what? It's so funny. He's actually part of my shady moment. Oh okay.
Speaker 3: So the other day we're on ninety five okay, driving, sitting in traffic.
Speaker 1: Oh, driving right, karda. So it was like stop and go.
Speaker 3: So so we're in the fast lane and I looked to my right in this nice looking older man with this beautiful hair full of gray hair, that gray beard, like so handsome. I look and he is digging for gold like he's up there. His finger is like in his all the way up to his eyeballs. He is just going forward, nasty, and so I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, well, I look at this, so like we're watching this man.
Speaker 3: He takes his finger out, oh no, and puts the ship in no mouth, No, no, I'm disgusted.
Speaker 1: How was this a shady MoMA? Who's shady hair? How was one shady? It's just a crazy moment, Okay. So we're like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: So one rolls the window down, no hawks the horn, and.
Speaker 1: The guy looks in hip and was like, amen, you too grown for that. Not one talking to the man he don't know. The stranger he's like, bookers, we don't do that no more. What did the man say? And the man just like he was like, he's like you Maryland people, y'all like something. Because I don't know, I guess his place at Pennsylvania. He laughed about it. It was funny. But the man he so I couldn't believe. Okay, no, I can't believe.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 1: Let's leave the man alone. He's in his own card, in his own space. Your business, yes, sir, mind your business, because that's how you get shot. That's the funk around to find out.
Speaker 3: So I'm sitting in the passenger seat and I'm turning my head like towards the driver's side and just hot and ducky.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I ain't getting shot out of here, Yeah, I got shot over a booker. We not road raging out here, no, And I'm like catching it straight from a book? Why Dixon? Okay, oh my gosh. But so clearly Wane is the shady one in this moment, just so we know he trumped the booker. I don't know he did. Grown man, I don't care if he's grown or not eating his book. It's in his car, minding his business. So do you do that? No, that's disgusting. That is disgusting. I don't even know what that shit tastes like. That's just oh okay. My kids never did that either. I did when I was of course you did. Of course you did, all right, if not for long. My brother his stint was longer than mine, I'm sure, but yeah, not for longer. I didn't. I didn't like see the pleasure in it. Okay, So you were like five, yeah, sure, okay, okay, So my shady moment is a bit long, okay, so why not really long? So I went to LA recently. By the way, you were there too. We'll talk about that later. When did you come home Saturday? So I got there on Wednesday. I came home Saturday. Saturday, so I came home the next day. I came home Friday and got okay, so this is Friday. I don't I don't need to tell you all what's going on in the White House. But it's chaos going on in the White House. Okay. So Friday, we come home, flying back, me and Ashley. I can tell we're like near DC about to land DCA, and the pilot like comes over the last speaker and He's like, hey, there's new regulations now if there's a VIP helicopter flying, we cannot we have to get permission to land. So we're like, okay, cool, so's he said, I have to circle. He's circling circle in circle, in circle. In forty five minutes later, Oh my gosh. So by the way, I was sitting next to Lance grows. Okay, very nice looking man, handsome, very handsome. I was shock. Is he more handsome? Why?
Speaker 3: I thought he was handsome? But is he more handsome in person?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, yes, I think I've never noticed him his handsomeness. On does he do movies? What does he do? He does movies? He does movies? And show? Does he do the shows? Was he him the best man? No, I don't like the first. No, I don't know. No, no, anyway I think he does.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna hold my microphone today, y'all because he keeps smalking. I think I don't Has he been on one of those like long running shows on like a network show, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, like maybe like soul Food or something. I don't I don't know. Anyway, doesn't even matter. He was reading a script. By the way, he pulled it out. Really, I was trying to peek. I was trying to eyeball hustle and find out what he was doing so I could tell y'all. But I didn't get to see it, and because I'd had my readers on. Huh. Anyway, So we're circling, circling, circling. Mind, you were flying from LA that's already a five hour flight. Yeah, we circling, circling. So finally the pilot comes over the announcement and he says, they won't He's mad, they won't tell me when we can land. We're going to Dallas. Oh no, that's what everyone was like. Oh I hate Dallas. So land in Dallas, that's not Is that closer to you? Not? I feel like they're equidistant. No, No, Dallas is further, but not so much further. But so just to let you guys know, Dalls, I mean DCA is like the airport in DC. Dallas is an airport that's in Virginia. So there may be in mileage, like if you're going to drive like thirty minutes away, yeah, maybe forty five on a bad day. Okay, So we land in Dallas. This is not this is the shady part hadn't even happened. Okay, I have it is little shady going to Dallas. I have carried about my bags on so did Ashley. Thank you Jesus. They're making announcement if you have checked your bags you can't get them here. We're gonna give you a taxi voucher and we're gonna give you your bags a DCA. But the bags are on that plane. And that's what everyone started screaming, like what. So that's why Lance Gross comes into this because he is confused. He was like, huh, what what I mean? He because, what's the dullest what? He didn't? He was so no. He went to Howard so he knows. But he was like, this is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Why can't I get the bags are under He was like the last thing he said to me, He's like, the bags are under the plane. I was like, good luck, bro, and I walked off. What time was it was? It like, because there's no there, no, it was I'm the table. Time was so you can do you do the math about what was happening in the White House. It was around five to six o'clock. Somebody I think was getting escorted out of the White House at that time. So it was a ship show politically, which caused a shit show with the planes. Yeah, and I could saw when we were circling. I looked out the window. Could have been twenty planes circling, like, I could see the planes. So you're holding up wow, all kinds of people because you're kicking people Trump right up the White House. You're treating You're being an asshole. Yes, such a sad So that was my shady moment. All of it was shady. I still don't understand why they would send the bags to DCA. That's like because being more I think the plane was going to go back to DCA. I think that plane had to go back to DCA per their regulations or something. I don't know. But people were like my bags, like they get us out of here. I mean it was chaos. Oh my god, that's so crazy. I'm texting because I had car service, So I'm texting my car service like, yo, you got to come to Dallas. He beat me there? Oh wow, yeah wow, that which was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy. Yeah, So that's so funny. You speak of like DCA and the nonsense that's happening in DC and you know, the unfortunate crash over the Potomac River. So I'm in the process, like, you know, Corey's travel basketball season is about to start and we're about to be flying all over the place yea every other weekend. So I was looking to book a flight to Phoenix and out of BWI, the only airline that flew direct with Southwest. Yes, out of DCA. There's like American that flies to Phoenix. And I said to Want, I said, and BWI is ten minutes from my house. Yeah, and it's so easy, such an easy airport. So I was like, Wan, do you want to fly Southwest from BWI or do you want to fly American from DCA. He's like, oh, I never flying out of DCA ever again?
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I mean because of just what is what happened taking place? Like He's like, oh, hell no, we're not flying out of DCA. Wow. I didn't even think about that, but I would, I would, you know.
Speaker 3: The But I feel like they're going to be more vigilant now, like whatever that the helicopter crashing into the plane over by DC, like that's never going to happen again because they're going to be super vigilant to make sure that doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: Unless they want it to happen. Again, I'm just gonna put that out there. Well, then there's then there's that.
Speaker 3: So BW it is BW Southwest for five hours.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's torture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, five hours. That just have to get the make sure we get bored in a one so we can like sit.
Speaker 1: In the But you you don't fly with O and Carter, Okay, you don't fly with the team. No, but they'll probably actually be on the same flight as us, Okay, like they always We always kind of end up flying around the same time. But the team books for for the players. Got it, Yeah, got it? Got it? Good luck with that, right. Okay? Speaking of Los Angeles, you were out there with the Traders of it all. We film the Trader Traders Reunion. Anything you can tease, well, by now people have seen people have seen it, okay, so not much to tease. I can just say it's.
Speaker 3: Very, very, very different than filming a Housewives.
Speaker 1: Union, Okay, because you were there for how long? Like how long did we film? Yeah, gosh, well we were probably done by like two o'clock. In the afternoon and you guys started when.
Speaker 3: Now this is this could have been a shady moment. They told us to be ready by seven forty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, I am yeah, yeah. Then you know I'm I'm not a morning person. I understand that, right, Yeah, but that's actually not early. Well in comparison to her a Housewife reunion, no well, Housewife reunion, we're ready at like I feel like Housewives. We would be ready at like a leon. Oh I'm sorry, I'm thinking call time, right, okay, gotcha, So be ready, be ready at forty five. So you had to get up at like early, got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm like up at five or whatever. You know, my Glam came at six, so it was like even we had a little Usually I like to give at least like two and a half hours for Glam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, we were like, okay, we're just gonna knock it out. Whatever. So my Glan came at six.
Speaker 3: And so like, I'm ready at say eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: Okay, nice, they don't take me downstairs because you filmed in a hotel and we stayed in the hotel. They don't take me downstairs until nine fifteen. Oh, so you were like pissed, Oh.
Speaker 3: Robert lived, super missed, and then they take you down and it's like a ton of waiting around. So there was just a lot of like gathering of people waiting around. You were you guys all out on stage at the same time. Eventually, Okay, so they start off with everyone in the like they had like a holding room where they had us kind of watching the reunion and they were filming that. So they're like filming us watch what's going on on the on the studio stage whatever. So I think they started with the winners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds right first.
Speaker 3: So I'm sorry, oops spoiler alert if you haven't watched the episode yet.
Speaker 1: So we won't say. You won't say do you don't need to say. I mean that just said. I just said how many there were? Oh oh oh oh yeah? Is that is that first? Is that at first? That there's Yeah, normally there's one. It depends.
Speaker 3: I think remember season one, Siri Sirien, that was one. Season two two Faithful's one, and they ended up like doing another Faithful dirty like at the end it was like it was mjeh from shots of Sunset Trischelle and c T.
Speaker 1: I think they're both from like the Challenge or something.
Speaker 3: And so at the end, like MJ was like, knew that she won because it's like the three of them left, and then they.
Speaker 1: Voted her out and she was like, yeah, they did her dirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's pretty bad. So on this Trader season. And so it's spoiler alert if you don't want to hear what happens on this Trader season. There were at the very end, four Faithfuls left, and I mean, I'll be honest, this is just my perspective as a viewer. I was quite disappointed to see that four Traders, I mean, four Faithfuls won. I would I feel like if I was there, I would have tried to get at least First of all, you can't be sure that all of them are that there's no Traders amongst that group, So I think I would have tried to like go another round of voting to get at least one more person out.
Speaker 1: So it was like, I don't know. I mean, because it's a money you have to split the money, right to vote in everybody on right, right, you gotta split the money.
Speaker 3: But then also for me it's like like I still, yes, it's about winning the money but I still want to make like interesting television. Sure, And I felt like the way that it ended, in my opinion, was kind of like.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to be honest. I stopped watching after you got booted or murder vanished. We got was murdered, yes, because I was like, you can't be doing that to my girl. I know, boom.
Speaker 3: It was still fun and like I still watched, you know, it was like and of course I'm there. I'm like watching it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, I wish I was there.
Speaker 3: Or like you know what I would be doing or whatever saying if I was there, you know whatever. So so anyway, Yes, So at the reunion, the four winners are out on the stage first I think, and then and they were all in the back, and then they take the four yes, and then the four Traders go out. Okay, so then it's like the eight of them and they're talking through things, and then they bring like maybe the next group of people who like survived the longest yes and there go out and so it was like they took us out in waves and so that eventually we were all on the stage. But I don't know, it's like so many people that it's just of course, and for like the people who were gone early.
Speaker 1: It's not a whole lot for us to talk about. You know, well we need to see your look. Yeah, there's that element which you look beautiful. Oh thank you? Yeah, I mean you know you got to you can't not be there. Well yeah, right of course.
Speaker 3: And you know it's like everyone plans to be at a like we know before we film the show that there's going to be a reunion, so it's like you already planned for that, so it's like, yeah, what your.
Speaker 1: Role with the reunion is varies, so how long you're on the show. But it was just like yeah, for me, I was just like, okay, let's just get it. But just for that in perspective, a Housewife reunion is till whenever we finish at night, yeah, which could be seven o'clock, eight o'clock, yeah, twelve o'clock, it could be anytime, right yeah.
Speaker 3: And so when they told me, oh, yeah, we'll be done by lunchtime, I was like what I would have been like, what, I'm like, are you sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm like all these people, these twenty three plate people, you're gonna be done by lunchtime? Yeah, that's crazy like okay, but I mean I wasn't opposed. I was like, okay, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it'll be one it's one episode. Yeah, okay, yeah that's right. Then because the Housewife is like three, that's true. Yeah, that's true. So we need the content. Did anybody start screaming and yelling just cuz I would have just started screaming.
Speaker 3: There was some uh, and I haven't seen them, you know, I don't know how much they've edited, but I definitely wanted to get her moment in. Yes, yes, because she's you know, mad, she was murdered early, yes, whatever else, And so she got her moment in.
Speaker 1: Derenda got her moment. Oh you know, Derenda gonna get home. Yeah, you know her moment.
Speaker 3: In because apparently, and it was it actually wasn't even about what took place on the show. It was like apparently Bob the drag Queen maybe in some of his like press interviews, was like saying like, yeah, I don't even know who she was, Like I don't care, Like I guess he was being harassed by Housewives fans.
Speaker 1: So this part was funny. He was like He's like, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I've done drag race like drag race fans are are like serious and ruthless.
Speaker 1: He's like, but these Housewives fans are on another the love of people, like they are on another level.
Speaker 3: And then they're and He's like, and they're coming at you with like crazy you know, a profile picture of like a flower on it or whatever. Like He's just like, you know, they all hide him behind their their screens.
Speaker 1: But he was like, yeah, they're unhinged. Yes, totally, yeah, totally. So I'm glad he got a little taste. Yes, I'm sure a lot of people got a little bit to the housewife world. Yes. So so.
Speaker 3: Derenda's issue with Bob was like he was like in interviews talking about I don't know, like I don't know who she is, and I guess she got upset about that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It was like Derenda, Yeah, oh, I'm sorry, that's that out loud. Okay, I'm sorry, Derenda. Not everybody knows who we are, honey, and it's okay, but we have to respect, like I respect Bob for who he is, like that drag Queen world is huge, Yeah, and I didn't know anything about it.
Speaker 3: I didn't know about the only people I really knew of were the other housewives. Yeah, Nikki Bella, I think we talked about this. Who by the way, in one of her interviews. I didn't talk about this. In one of her interviews, they asked her, like, which one of your Traders castmates would you like to see in the ring?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said you. Yeah, we talked about it. We talked about it on the and then we came up with your name. No, no, no, we can rob. No, we came up with right raging Robin before she said that. Oh. Really, Also, we haven't talked about it. Okay, so it's it's got to go down. So I'm like, make it happen. No, you have to make it happen. Well, she's got to get back in the ring. Oh, because you would fight her? Yeah? Oh oh, we only fight her in her sister also wrestling.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I think she's like making a comeback. Okay, so we're gonna make it happen. We definitely, I'm gonna. I've started training already, preparing, just letting you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, you've been drop kicking wind or Cory. Which one? Carter? Carter, right, the easiest one. It's smaller, started, Okay, this is this is real, Like you could have like a major wrestling car. I really want to make that happen. I want that to happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm totally do it given about a career, but like no, I say, okay, so you but you need to definitely party six.
Speaker 1: Like what does she she said, she's like forty probably forty two maybe I don't know. Talk to her, get a manager from her like that world and make it happen. Yeah, I can't wait. All right, So soon I'm gonna be range. I'm gonna be like, what do you call it? Your roady? Yeah, I'm gonna be your roady. Got to give myself a roady name. That'll be okay. So while we were out there, yeah, Ashley and I were also in Los Angeles. We tried to have dinner with Robin. Rob was like no we oh no no, no, no, no, no no no. What happened? You are to say you the shady one for that? What you mean? What I do? Okay? I invited you? What are you talking about? Okay, Okay, let's do is this reasonable or shady? This is good? Because I don't I'm confused, Like go ahead's okay.
Speaker 3: So we both we were going to be in La at the same time, Yes, we did. And I was like, all right, well, I'm you know, let's do dinner Thursday after.
Speaker 1: Event, I went to the Essence Black Women in Hollywood luncheon. Yes, it was thankful, you have to tell us about it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so she's like, okay, we're going to do because I was filming the reunion and she was on the luncheon. So it's like, okay, well, let's do dinner afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yes, boom.
Speaker 3: So Thursday after the reunion, huh, I messaged you and I was like, hey, like, what's the plans?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like yeah, I don't know. And then.
Speaker 3: And then the next text was like we're on our way now, and I'm like, okay, what it was like five first? I was like five forty five in La. You know, LA traffic is crazy. I was staying downtown and you're telling me to come to Beverly Hills, which was forty minutes away.
Speaker 1: I said, never mind, okay, wait, wait, wait, I'm going back to the text messages, cause just lying is this or wait before before before you we say is this reasonable or shady? Okay, Okay, okay, okay, okay, So we both we were going to be out there. Robin says, Hi, this is around eight o'clock that night. No, not eight o'clock that night. You say, hi, are you in La? This is Thursday? Say hi, are you in La? I said, yes, where are you? She says, I'm at the hotel. We are staying downtown. What's the plan for tonight? Now I didn't. I don't know what downtown means. Okay in La? Me neither? Okay, me neither. But I know like no one goes there? Oh right, oh oh, because is downtown by like I do. Now now that you say that, I do know downtown, but I don't know where we are in comparison to downtown. So you say we're in downtown. I don't really know what that means. But I was like, okay, I said, okay, as she's on her way to my room figuring it out. Now, So I didn't. Okay, So let's let's back up. I left Our luncheon was supposed to be done by three. Okay, our luncheon was I left the luncheon at five. Okay. They were still going on. Oh wow, So I told, actually, I can't do this anymore. I'm holding on by a strength. So I'm I'm going back to the room. How let me when you're done. So she texted me and was like, she's coming to my room. That's what I thought. She said, she didn't really mean that. And you said, okay, I said, we're going up Wally's in Beverly Hills. You say what time? I say, we on the way now, exactly thinking no, no, no, no, no, I'm thinking you're ten minutes away, twelve minutes away. Like I'm thinking you're clothes. I'm downtown. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: And it's traffic, it's rush hour, it wasn't whatever whatever that time says subtract three.
Speaker 1: It's like, right, I don't it was five o'clock. No, it's like six I don't know, or seven. I don't know what downtown means. It was like five something, okay, fine, So I was I just was like, thinking, you're around a corner. No, I don't know that. So then Rob was like now with like a crazy face. And then she's like, I'm forty minutes away. I'll see you at home.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh boom, shady ass, because you were shady.
Speaker 1: Come out. We're on our way now. Yes, I don't. I don't live in La I don't know what downtown me. How about say, well, how far are you? How much time do you need?
Speaker 3: We're on our way now, Okay, So let's and then I go and put in the freaking uber and that's going to take me an hour to get there.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I don't know that. Had I known that, we would have done something different. But let me just explain a little bit further.
Speaker 3: Okay, And why are you going from a luncheon to dinner that quickly? Then you eat at the luncheon, Like why do.
Speaker 1: You have to go from a luncheon at five to dinner at six? Because they fed us at like one and we're still in We're still in the luncheon. Okay, they still giving out awards. Tiana Taylor is still standing on her chair dancing like it was madness. Okay. So the night before this said luncheon in La, I was in New York do on my live show. Yes you were that ended, by the way, live show was great. Everybody came. Thank you for support, I mean anybody who came to the live show, like Muhammad was there he sent an email. You can read it. Okay, my peoples was there. Dash was there. Dash was there. Oh my gosh. Dash was like, hege is out. So I think the lights was down, so I made him turn the lights so I so I can really see who he was. I was like, oh, I want everybody to know he likes robbing, not me, but he just here just to give me some love and I appreciate it. So yeah, we had a good old time. Okay, So I got back to my room at eleven PM. My car service came to get me at three point thirty in the morning to take me to JFK for six am for me to fly in, for me to change really quickly, for me to go to luncheon. I'm bonkers, okay, I'm not even thinking straight. So well, no, no, no, no, not that, I damn sure. You couldn't think about downtown Beverly Hills. I don't know what the hell. And I'm starving because it's three hours behind or ahead, you know what I mean. Yeah, I'm starving, got it? So yeah, we went to go eat without me, but it had nothing to do like love for you, because I even looked at the phone like well, Dan Robin and coming. Why are Robin coming? Like? I was confused, actually was like, why are Robin coming? I was like, I don't know. I was like, wow, listen, it was me that it was some It was some crazy times out here. But but by the way, Wally's that we went to, it's kind of like a like a bar. I don't know what it is. It's not really a full rest it is a restaurant. Anyway, deaf food was good. Oh really? And then I and Wally's of all places, and here comes Jaqueline Laurette, LaRita LaRita picture yes from Jersey and Tiny I mean short, yeah yeah, and two other housewives from from OC that I don't know their names. I think they're new one's new ones old. I don't know. But it was like what were the odds? Right? But Ashley and I were in there and then here comes some other housewives and Jacqueline was so cute. She came up to me and Ashley and was like, Hi, I'm Jacqueline. I used to be in the Real Housewives of New Jersey. She's like explaining to me who she is. I'm like, I know who you are, said Jaqueline know who you are, Like, what are you doing? Well? You know, I mean, I don't assume people know who we are. But she was giving me a You could have stopped at Jersey like she was giving me a full Like okay, I was on in nineteen ninety seven. Yeah, okay whatever. So I just was like me and Terreesa. We broke up and then we got back together. We were friends and I we're not anyway. That was really sweet. Let's get back to the luncheon. Can I get back to the luncheon? Yes, tell us all about it. We weren't supposed to be talking about all this, but here we are. I know we've been. We haven't actually talked about anything. We haven't I know. Okay, So luncheon. It was amazing, Okay, looked amazing. Everyone looks so beautiful. Everyone was like top tier, top notch. So Cynthia Revo was one of the awarded people get you get awards at this luncheon. She was getting an award. Tiana Taylor, the lady. There's a lady at God. I can't remember what she's she's a producer. She used to work under Shonda Rhymes RAJ. I can't remember her name. Anyway, She's done a lot of great stuff. Isa Ray gave her, gave her her award and she got there and she was like something some something and I'm a virgo and I was like, we say, lest I know exactly you are. You are bad it you were bad. So I walk up. So there was like a like kind of like an intermission. I walk up to Cynthia because I know that she watches The Real Housewives of Potomac. And as I'm walking towards her, she was like, it's just so And I was like what because in my mind I'm like Cynthia. So I was like, is this really happening right now? So she was so happy too, and Ashley was there, and Wendy was there too. Yeah, so she was like, I saw Wendy, but I didn't know you guys were heart everyone here. She was like getting so excited. Wow. She So we started talking her nails. We talked, talked talking about her nails, and she was like, just so out the nails that you had on the reunion? Were are those all the time? So she was like up to date with the which like away she watches. In the midst of the Awards season, Cynthia is watching, but she was watching on her phone from the oscar wat she's watching. I loved it. She was so beautiful and amazing and I was that that made me happy, Like I just was like wow. And then like other people like Loretta Devine was like, I love you guys so much. So it was like nice to see that with all the nonsense that we do on Potomac, that people love the nonsense. Right, So wait a minute, wait a minute, Moor's chestnut was there, and that's Ashley's crush okay. So it was like a looking person whoo that things cleaned? No, no, but it was like a MOR's chest not alert. So like Ashley, her back was to him, and I looked up. I was like, your boy's there, and because I know that's her crush okay, she was like who I said, Moor's chestnut. She was like she's like started hypoda late. She was like what what what? So then it was a break. Yeah. I think he knew Ashley was gonna pounce because he left the building. He was out of there.
Speaker 3: He was like, oh, oh, I mean Ashley and all the hundred He said, how many other women were there?
Speaker 1: What was he doing there like there was there was something in there. He was like, I'm not doing this because like Boris was there, Kojo and so and our little kittie pop is there. Who's that? Tyler La pie La pree? Tyler? What is he? Let me tell you. If you watch Pea Valley, he's in Pea Valley. If you watch Harlem, which is on I think Prime with Meghan Good and all all those ladies, he's in there. Okay, whoa that thing is fine? Really? What Okay? I need to look him up. Yes, that name sounds familiar, but I don't know. Listen, Tyler. Is he light skin or dark skinned? He's He's like, I think I know what you're talking about. Okay, Tyler, you can get the painties. I'm just hit to tell you. I'm making a decoration. Okay. So, but I mean I wouldn't because he's you know, he has a fiance and I don't want that girl coming to like slash my tires. But like, baby, if you a single, I'm ready to make.
Speaker 3: Really okay, it must be really hard to be in a relationship with those men like the Moorish Chestnuts. Yes, the tylerl the what's his name Kofe's boris no.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh that guy the code, yeah you're talking about. But he said he for the streets, he for everybody, just right, so you know, he said, I will not be monogamous. Monogamous will not be in my vocabulary or title. Right, please. It must be really hard being in a relationship with them. But I wouldn't want the relationship. I would just want the three weeks. Yeah, yeah, right, and that's why it's really hard, because people like you. But I would never just want the three weeks. Okay, but I would never if this man is in a relationship, I would because I wouldn't disrespect a woman like that. However, Tyler said, Yo, that show y'all in put me in. I was like in Potomac. I don't think I think he. I don't know if he knows it's not scripted. Okay, I don't know. But anyway, Tyler, listen, well, you need to date one of us in order to get in. We can make that happen. Just kidding, You're just kidding, not kidding, Okay, moving on, So oh, I get ready to say okay, so Morris, oh, Tianna, Taylor, I don't want I don't wanna. I don't want spread any rumors. But she might have had the eyes the hots for Ashley. But I don't even know. Is she boutsexual? I don't know. Anyway, I might get in trouble for this, but I I saw her and I was standing next to Ashley, and she was like she was getting bombarded by people and she saw Ashley, and I promise you, she was like walking over to Ashley, like leaving the bombardment that she was getting. By the way, she got an award well deserved. She's extremely talented and beautiful. She was walking over to Ashley and I was like, Ashley, I think Tianna Taylor's come over here, and I think I think she wants to say more than just hi. It was it was, it was, it was love in the air. I just want to say, it was love in the air. So did she come over? So so she got pulled so she didn't make it. But I left so, like I said, I left early because I was holding on by a street because I was exhausted. Yes, and by the way, shout out to the Warner brothers exacts. They I sat at the Warner Brother's table. Thank you for the for the love. So I left and then, as she says, oh, I took a picture with Tiana, I said, well, when did this happen? So somehow after I left, they got they took a picture. Okay, okay, done, But no, no love connection. No, no, I don't even know if she gets down like that. I mean, I don't know either. But but where would you get that? Like, I don't. I just felt something. I just felt it in the air. I was like, ashly, I think something's going on here. Okay, yeah, you're really starts. I know. I'm sorry Tianna Taylor if if you don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Anyway, Kendy was out there, Cynthia Bailey, who we love. So we had some housewives in the house and it oh oh oh, that's what I was gonna say. Joy Reid Joy read who we know? Was that s NBC she got DEI fired. Supposedly it was a little shaky how she got fired.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Well, honestly, it's like they got rid of her show and then replaced it with a show of three people of color. Who it's Simone Sanders.
Speaker 1: No, someone was already there. Simone already had a show. She was already there. Yeah, it's a show with three people. It's like a The Michael Guy. Yes, that's Simone's that's someone show. She already had that show. They must have put it in that time slot. Oh okay, I'm wrong. Yeah, But anyway, Joy comes out and we the room. She came out to present something. The room a lot crazy crazy now, mind you, I've never seen.
Speaker 3: Her show, wrote real quickly for people who don't know what Jesselle's talking about. Joy Read was an anchor on m Miss NBC. She had her own show for a number of years, and then out of the blue, not out of the blue, not at the blue. Well Trump became president. He said, DEI is in the trash? Can Enjoy got fire?
Speaker 1: And she got fired because supposedly she was a DEI higher. I don't know how. Maybe she just was highed because she is good? Right? Do you see now?
Speaker 3: Maga is mad at Amy Cony Barrett. Why the Supreme Court justice that Trump appointed because she she voted again, she.
Speaker 1: Voted against something. I think it was.
Speaker 3: It was something involving like all these cuts or whatever. I think it's to the US eight or whatever. She voted against it and they're on extra Twitter calling her a dee I hied.
Speaker 1: She's a woman because she's a woman, because a woman, and she has a family.
Speaker 3: So maybe she has some adopted kids and some of them are are black, Like they show a picture her family. Jesus, it's got like, you know, a couple of little black kids.
Speaker 1: So now it's and so now she's a Dee I hier When it doesn't fit, Yeah, I guess what. He gonna change the rules and she's gonna he gonna get her fire fired from the Supreme Court, which you can't do. Right. So anyway, joy comes out and the room goes crazy. Yeah, we start clapping and screaming and joy because it's all the love and support. Yeah, you're the You're the You're better than Oprah, You're better than everybody. You're amazing. I've never watched your show, right, but I mean joy that day, baby amazing. And it's and you know, it's just we always rally. I do love black women because we always rally when when it's right.
Speaker 3: When, yes, when it's right, and when it's needed. And yeah, she needed that, she needed to feel that love, ye support, and I'm sure she'll be She's gonna land somewhere. She's gonna balance back. Oh, totally, she's going to be better than ever. There's something better for her somewhere. But it definitely was a very shady fire. Yes, and unfortunate that, you know, people's everyone across the board. People, these are our lives that they're messing with because they want to just push an agenda, or they just want to eliminate a whole segment of the population, you know, or just not even address that there are we we need DEI, we need diversity, equity and inclusion and everywhere we need to know about our history. The fact they want to erase history, they want to like it's just and I couldn't watching that address to Congress. I didn't really watch.
Speaker 1: Did you watch that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I like bits and pieces.
Speaker 3: Okay, but seeing him talk about eliminating DEI and eliminating you know, the race whatever they call it, critical race theory all that, and people just cheering and standing up, it's so heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: That it's crazy. This is where.
Speaker 3: The majority of our country, This is how the majority of our country feels about.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that human beings about our history, about what has gone on like this is, so I don't believe it's sad. So we're talking about the state of the Union, which Trump did. This is what I was confused about, and I refuse to watch it just because I get anxiety. Was bedtime saying to hear him talk, But it just makes me nervous. I was white. I'm watching this show called Paradise. Have you heard? Yeah, we're gonna talk about that. Oh we are? Yeah? Well, I mean well we can talk about that in our next yeah, okay. But because of the Paradise, I get I have anxiety about this whole ship because it's too similar. Right, yeah, so anyway, the paddles. Can we talk about the paddles? The Democrats will whole?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What was that? That was crazy? I didn't understand it. I didn't get it. It was stupid. I felt like when he threw out who was the congressman? He threw out green? Everybody should left, everybody should left? Right? Are even there? Why y'all there? And Crockett left? Right? Did she shout out to her? However? Jasmin Crocker left y'all? So y'all watched it in another room, right, y'all had all been watching it in another room. Y'all didn't have to be there, and I just felt like, everybody, why aren't we unified? Yeah? Yeah, why are we sitting there listening to that BS? It's so bad.
Speaker 3: It's really sad where our country is right now.
Speaker 1: It's really said. It's funny. I was watching Have you watched White Lotus? Not yet? Season three? Yeah? Not yet? Okay, let me tell you.
Speaker 3: I have six shows that I have started. Yeah, and like I'm midway through all of them.
Speaker 1: It's driving me crazy, Like I.
Speaker 3: Gotta finish, and then I want to add White Lotus and I want to add Pitt.
Speaker 1: It's like a medical drama by a hospital. Okay, what's that on Max? Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah yeah, And I'm like, okay, I gotta finish like one of these Yeah, got you.
Speaker 1: Okay. I'm not spoiling this, but I can say this about White Loads because I was shocked. There's like three girlfriends and they realized that one of them voted for Trump m So it was kind of like they were like talking about her behind her back. They're like, we can't believe she did that. They're like all pissed off, and I was just shocked that that was in a script.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like instead of using a fictitious presidential name.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, they said Trump. I was like, what they trashed Trump on the White Lotus.
Speaker 3: Get them yeah, because usually they would, you know they they are.
Speaker 1: They mirror what's going on in the real world. But everything's fectations now they said Trump. It was a DEI higher By the way, anyway, we've got to go. We love y'all so much. Thank y'all for tuning in. Don't ever forget to live your life either. Reasonable Shake Bye by Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite.
Speaker 1: Shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady speaks to the planet.
Speaker 2: I'll go by the name of Charlamagne the God and guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions Decisions Man.
Speaker 1: DyB and Weezy.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast. We're taking Jay Valentine. We got the Women of All Podcasts with Saray Jake Roberts. We got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast and the Trap Nerds podcast, with more to be announced. And of course, it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses, plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us. All right, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival