Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This he's Talking Cowboys Screaming live.
Speaker 2: From the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 5: Second, let's got kitsiown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 6: It's a mini compedition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the s w BC studios.
Speaker 4: Welcome in, everybody.
Speaker 6: It is our final show until training camp, and so we've got an hour full of nothing but red hot fire for you going into mini camp for the Dallas Cowboys as they take the field here at the Star in Frisco. We've got Patrick no Cy Walker, Josh rod reguezs Tommy Yarish with Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yellmans.
Speaker 4: We're rocking.
Speaker 6: Are fan made Talking Cowboys T shirts. Incredible. Look, we've we haven't spotted these on the show yet. We've showed them off on the show, but we haven't worn them on the show yet. So we wanted to wear it for our last show.
Speaker 7: Of undead stock. These T shirts today, they're.
Speaker 4: So good, They're so good looking and.
Speaker 5: And Isaiah's fourhead is appropriate, its proportionate, if you will, you think.
Speaker 8: So particular on that one, specifically particular one. My favorite part of the one he was dabbing the not the case on the roof top. My favorite, My favorite part of this T shirt is like the hidden.
Speaker 4: Gym on it, and it's on the very back.
Speaker 7: Behind the scenes being part, says Beam in the back.
Speaker 6: Baby, So always appreciate, Chris, Beam, appreciate you guys listening in. Oh yeah, but yeah, We've got some training camp preview. We've got a couple different thought process when it comes to mini camp and what to expect on the field over these next three days of many camp practices.
Speaker 4: And then, of course, since it is.
Speaker 6: Our last show of the off season, addition, prior to training camp, we're gonna grade the off season A through F. What is each of our grades as the off season is I guess for Talking Cowboys purpose finalized, and then we'll go into of course the twenty twenty five season. Next time we're on the air on the West Coast. Patrick will start with some news and notes. What you got for some news and notes currently.
Speaker 5: All right, So first and foremost, let's just go ahead and say there is still currently no motion on any contract talks. Obviously the headliner is Michael Parsons. Stephen Jones did speak to it, but for the most part he said it he'll let us know when it gets done. Obviously will know before he tells us it gets done, because we kind of do that as a job. But as we have this conversation, there's been no motion negotiation.
Speaker 1: Continue.
Speaker 5: Good news in those negotiations, it's that Michael Parsons is in fact in the building for mandatory Mini camp. So for those that man forgotten OTAs and everything up to this point has been voluntary. With mandatory Mini camp, if a player does not report, they are subject to fines for each one of these three days that they missed. So Michael Parsons is in the building. Also in the building is another All Pro defensive player in trey Von Diggs. Digs has been rehabbing and training in South Florida, per Brian Schottenheimer, and per some of the videos that have made their way to Twitter, looks like he's making some good progress. Brian Schottenheimer last week or so said that Diggs had a recent check up here in the facility and that quote unquote all signs positive. So it looks as if Trayvon Diggs is in fact attacking his rehab on his knee as the Cowboys need him to. He's in the building, obviously, he's not going to participate with anything that the team is doing. He's going to be with Britt Brown and the training staff. Question will be and will open this to discussion in a moment, what will Michael Parsons do, if anything on the field. That'll be interesting because we know he's going to be in the meeting rooms. He's been in constant communication even when he was traveling during voluntary OTAs, he has his playbook. He's going to be talking to coaches and his locker roommates. But will he do anything on the field do you Because.
Speaker 6: Of course, with Trayvon, we know he's probably he's not He's not going to do anything on the.
Speaker 1: Field, not at all.
Speaker 6: He might be on the bands and we can kind of see what he looks like there. But Mike is a different category. He's healthy, he should be on the field, he should be doing some stuff.
Speaker 7: What do you expect John I mean, does he necessarily need to I mean, do we expect the player of his caliber to miss anything on the field that would affect him week one? I mean, that's so far out now. I don't expect an issue either way. It's Michael Parsons. You're gonna want him on the field, whether or not he's on the field the next three days or not. I mean, I think you're gonna be like, yeah, we'll figure it out. But as far as participation in OTA's it's kind of up in the air. As far as I'm concerned, I've many camp Excuse me.
Speaker 5: I feel you're correct, and it's Michael Parsons. Do you need him on the field during mini camp?
Speaker 1: Would be great?
Speaker 5: No, you don't need him on the field, which June like him on the field.
Speaker 4: You're not playing Philadelphia tomorrow.
Speaker 5: The reason you would like him on the field during mini camp is because there's been so much changeover with the coaching staff. You have a new coordinator, you have a new defensive line coach in Aaron Whitcott, and you have all these new pieces, including the new class of rookies that have come in. Right, you talk about Donovan Ezraku and some of these other pieces. You want your defensive leader to be present, and he is check, but you would like for him to also be on the field working with these guys at the same time. That is to be determined if you do that.
Speaker 6: Part of course, I'm playing Devil's advocate where I'm sorry you're not playing Philadelphia tomorrow and that kind of thing. But yes, you want your guy on the field. And I think at this point in time, the contract, I think all of us here anticipate the contract being done at some point, right right, that's kind.
Speaker 4: Of where we all look at it. It's gonna happen. It will happen. I don't even anticipate a holdout. I really don't.
Speaker 6: However, right this second could be where the leverage starts to shift a little bit, because it's either going to go team heavy or Mica heavy. And that's why it's so important what happens today on the field. That's why there is so much microscope on what will he be doing as a team guy. You want him to be here, be present, be on the field, be active, and be a leader because you want to see that moving forward. But if you're Mica, you're giving up some of that leverage going into those back half of the negotiations, aren't you by showing up?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 9: And you know, I think with David Mullagetti's clients, that's Michael Parsons's agent, they typically don't really do a lot of the on the field stuff when it comes to Okay, we're going into a contract here, we're trying to get this extension done. So I don't expect Michael Parsons to be participating on the field today.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 9: I think that that's that's kind of the way this is going to go because and you made a good point there, Kyle. It's all about leverage and contact in contract negotiations, right. Michael Parsons and his agency and his representatives are going to have all the leverage here because he is an All World player, an All Pro player, one of the best pass rushers in football. If you go on the field and risk that by trying by injuring yourself, you never never know. We've seen it all the time with players where practice they get hurt and it changes everything for them. Williams exactly, maybe not a player of Michael Parsons exactly happen. Good point, that's what's going to be the difference maker here is Michael Parsons is trying to get life changing money and you don't want to risk that whatsoever. And there's no point in risking that if you're Michael Parsons. So I don't expect him to be on the Fiel go ahead.
Speaker 7: Well, just as an evaluation of from the coaching staff, I mean, is it kind of not better? I know you want him on the field, of course, but does that give you an advantage of looking at the other depth on your roster to see where we're at Ed Rodger outside of Micah, Because granted, at this point, i'd say you are in a better spot than you were last season depth wise at edge.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And I mean I'm not to mention Roku Neeland's coming back, William's coming back.
Speaker 4: You feel much better there.
Speaker 6: I still want to see them next to eleven, of course, I want to see them in comparison to eleven, because you know what the standard that is being set by Micah. You know what he's going to do from a production standpoint. I want to see the comparison between those guys and the elite pass rusher that you already.
Speaker 7: Know is on your roster and how they work in tandem with mar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we've also talked about the different styles that eberth Flus is going to bring to the table. From a defensive standpoint, he's a linebackers guy, he's a defensive tackle guy. We haven't talked a lot about what he does for his edge rushers. I want to see it. I want to see what that looks like, and he wants to see it. What it looks like with your best edge rushers available and rotating in and out, you're gonna get plenty of looks preseason.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get plenty of looks in the.
Speaker 6: Training camp wise of your guys, of your dudes that are at the ed rusher spot, Micah is gonna be Micah.
Speaker 4: I want to see him compared to Micah.
Speaker 5: And here's in addition to that, I'll add that I want to see him on the field in real time, offering up corrections pre snap corrections and advice to some of these younger guys too that otherwise he's gonna have to wait until what that particular series that seven or seven is over, pull him off to the side and say, hey, this is what I saw. That's valuable or invaluable actually from a guy like Micah. But it's much more meaningful in real time when you can tap easy Ezraku on the shoulder pre snap and say, hey, this is look over there instead of look over here and move over here. That is going to be much more applicable to game time situations because that helps build comfort between you and those young guys. So that's another reason that I would like have to have Michael Parsons on the field for many camp. But again, Tommy makes excellent points. We all know this is and perfectly said, this is life changing money that's on the line, and we've seen time and again, and that's why I said I mentioned Sam Williams. Not the same caliber of player, not the same situation. Nonetheless, Sam Williams on a non contact drill in one of the first days in training camp, his season ends. So of course you never want to see that happen, but it's the reality of the sport and that's something Michaeh and David his agent have to take into account.
Speaker 9: Now here's something interesting too, when you think about this whole negotiation as a whole. When we talked to Jerry Jones at League meetings. He made it very clear that one of the things he wants to see from Michael Parsons in terms of taking the next step to prove that he deserves this kind of money is showing himself more as a leader. That's something we haven't really seen a lot. And everybody's leadership style is different, right, So Michael Parsons doesn't necessarily need to be a raw, raw guy who is, you know, trying to fire everybody up and give inspirational speeches or anything like that. But Michael Parsons will probably be out there when we see him. But when we go out to practice here in a little bit, when I say on the field, I was just to clarify, I'm saying he's not going to do.
Speaker 3: Anything in terms of eleven on eleven or anything.
Speaker 9: Like that, he must be surprised. But he might do individuals and just light stuff.
Speaker 3: But what does it.
Speaker 9: Look like for Michael Parsons when he's not participating on the field. Is he just out there or is he out there? Is he trying to coach up his teammates? Is he trying to give pointers here and there? Is he making an effort to you know, help out in any way that he can't because there's very it's very different right from just being there versus Okay, I'm actually going to try and make the use right be active and being active?
Speaker 6: Would that look like, let's say Tommy Yarish is in the shoes of the front office. What would you want to see from Michael Parsons in that factor?
Speaker 9: I think you want to see Michael Parsons talking with the coaching staff first of all, talking with Matt eberflusson understanding. Okay, if we're in this situation, where do.
Speaker 3: You want me to be? What do you want me to do here?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 9: Because this is a new scheme. It's going to be his third new scheme since he's been drafted. So what what does it look like? What's different? Here's what I'm seeing? What are you seeing? Things like that He's got two younger guys and Marshawn Kneelan and Donovan Azaraku that are still growing as pass rushers. One of them, Neeland, I think you know, you look at more as a run defender than he is a pass rusher. But okay, how can we work on this or maybe use this move or something like that.
Speaker 3: I'm no edge Rusher. So I have no idea what what movie is going.
Speaker 1: To coach him up on, but have some pretty nice bind around the EDGI.
Speaker 3: Thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I think you can get after the quarterback.
Speaker 4: We can see like when he's getting to the lunch line.
Speaker 6: When he's going to the specific lunch line, it's like Barbara Dola Taco Dead Show shot due.
Speaker 7: It was with speed is a concern, especially compared to one Patrick Walker.
Speaker 4: Well, it was last week to put that to the test and knock star.
Speaker 9: Last week when they had meat loaf and mash potatoes. I hit a spinner club Kyle on the back of the bull rushed pack. Yeah, it was like Heber Flews was sitting right there through a flag. He said there was there was holding on the play on me. It was just insult to injury for me.
Speaker 1: It was rough.
Speaker 4: If I had to try and keep him from the around me, you.
Speaker 3: Can't stop me anyway.
Speaker 9: But yeah, really, it's just I think everybody's definition of being involved is different. I just wanted to see him being active while he's inactive, if that makes sense.
Speaker 5: Well, I also add this because while we're here pontificating on what Michael will do on the field.
Speaker 1: If he'll be on the field.
Speaker 5: I'll give you, ladies and gentlemen, A direct quote from Michael Parsons when I asked him not long ago April. I believe about his intent because in December he said he'd be on the field for the offseason program in addition to training. Cap revisited this in April and here's his quote, end quote. I'll it will be around for me. I've still got to learn a playbook, and I'm not so much of an iPad person where i can just keep learning. I've got to walk through it ding. But maybe it's so much. I might not be on the field part of it, but I'll be there learning. So that way, I'm at least getting prepared to be ready for week one. If you read between the lines there, it really feels as if he's saying he's not I'm pretty much saying he's not going to Oh.
Speaker 4: He gave you the plan, right, Yeah, Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 5: That's the ex eating rooms, playbooks, walk through, walk through all of that.
Speaker 1: But team drills it'ck snitty, yeah, is what it sounds like.
Speaker 4: That's the answers to the test.
Speaker 9: And to back that up, here's Michael Parsons from a week ago today when asked, you know, will Michael Parsons be back next week?
Speaker 3: I'm preparing as.
Speaker 9: If I will be on the field the first week of camp. But it's in the owner's hands. So he's preparing as if as if he'll be on the field, but there's no guarantee he is on the field. And if I'm Michael Parsons, I'm not on the field either. Yeah, when you've got that kind of a contract in front of you, I take no risk.
Speaker 4: Is that disappointing, though, Josh to think about.
Speaker 7: Not at all. I mean from a business perspective. I mean, this man is fighting for his contract and if that contract is not signed, do not expect me out there man, unless it is sure.
Speaker 6: There are fans out there that are like, screw the contract. I want you to play football. I want you to put you out there. I want you to do this, do that.
Speaker 7: To do this, I would argue, put yourself in their shoes, put yourself in their shoes. Where like you said, one drill, first day day one, a non contact injury takes Sam Williams out for the year.
Speaker 4: And remember they're really close exactly like and Sam or like this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you're put in that situation that is endangering your career, if you don't have a sort of financial stability around you, that contract is still looming in the air. But granted, the executives are not on a timeline. They made that very clear last year with CD. They are not on any timeline that we know of. Let them figure that out and until then, don't expect me on the field. If I am Michaeh. Parsons, which I have no qualms about agreeing with his strategy.
Speaker 5: There same nor do I, but I will give him extra protect yourself or showing this mentorship and leadership and being in the building and with these young guys in the meeting rooms and things like that, when really he could go full holdout instead.
Speaker 1: It's a hold in. It is, it's a hold in.
Speaker 5: But I'm going to give him credit for at least not pulling a full holdout. Not that I'm demonizing anyone who chooses to do a holdout because it's happened. However, you need to handle anything with CD, but I am going to give.
Speaker 1: Him extra credit for showing up.
Speaker 7: And another thing, if we were playing a game today and he decided to sit out. That would be another thing. But guess what, guys, we're not playing a game today. It's no game, it's June. We are fine.
Speaker 5: And in two Josh's point really quickly when it comes to the executives the front office not having necessary I'm not going to say they don't have a sense of urgency, but there's not a hard time or deadline for them because Mika is under his fifth year contract. He is fully guaranteed twenty four plus million dollars and they don't need the cash right now because salary cap wise, they have roughly thirty thirty one million dollars in available, and they're not looking to make as we have this conversation we'll talk about in a segment two, they're not looking at the moment to potentially make a huge splash as far as something that needs a huge chunk of sums. And even if you did need the huge chunk of sums, you'd have the thirty plus million in available, So you know, extending him to drop that twenty four million dollars to whatever it be, eight nine million, you don't need that money, right So there's nothing pushing them beyond the obvious, which is get your premier pass rusher lockdown.
Speaker 7: And that's especially if you consider what the Cowboys considered a splash in free agency or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's all subjective.
Speaker 7: They view it as their splash is different than most other people's splash.
Speaker 4: Now, there could be a splash. It's the start of the summer. You could go straight into the diving pool. Might they deep in? There might be a splash out there.
Speaker 1: Nobody gets cheesy.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get cheesy.
Speaker 6: Maybe when we come back here on Talking Cowboys, How could that possibly the Micah Parson's deal a possible new splash play into our off season grades.
Speaker 4: We'll have that in the third segment.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about the potential splash when we come back right after this. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation every bag box, or can you purchase help support that mission, Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black rifle coffee.
Speaker 10: Today, Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew.
Speaker 4: At and T five G.
Speaker 10: Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 11: Five G requires COMPATBA plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you for d dials.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 7: If you shout how about them cowboys?
Speaker 12: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is.
Speaker 7: The game day lineup that can't be beat better.
Speaker 12: Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 7: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 6: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment of the show is brought to you by Invisi Line, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Final show of the offseason and the final show until training camps. We get into Oxnard, California, and we know there's been some stream back and forth. Don't worry, the full episode will be posted later. You'll have all of it to go back and watch afterwards, so go check out the full episode. We got the chance to shout out these t shirts and talk a little bit of Micah Parsons prior to the stream stabilizing. Go check it out on YouTube, the Cowboys app, and on Twitter as well. A couple of different comments to mention here. Since it is our final show, we appreciate the love from you guys. Randy's gonna be our best comment of the day said best knowledge of any group I've seen over the I've ever seen is what he said.
Speaker 4: Love the show, guys, and he also said team Goku here for let's.
Speaker 1: Go cack a rot.
Speaker 6: I don't know what that means. I don't, but yeah, get after.
Speaker 7: It up to my boy, mister Saintan. You know what just or Piccolo, you see what just gotta get you, Majen Boo, I'm going to eat you.
Speaker 4: I don't if you feel lost at home.
Speaker 5: I'm just Kyle is being very krilling right now, and I don't like it.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 7: I feel big one piece guy.
Speaker 4: She just called me a slur I don't know what that was, all right, Yeah, I don't know. It's class, all right, Melvin.
Speaker 6: Melvin said cheese makes everything better, and we teased your playoff hosts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's not talk about that.
Speaker 5: Not when you go against the cheese. He's talking about putting the cheese on yours.
Speaker 6: You can maybe sprinkle a little bit of cheese on that taco.
Speaker 1: Blue cheese if you will.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know, I get what you are.
Speaker 6: However, speaking of cheese, the Packers goat cheese.
Speaker 4: Is he a goat?
Speaker 1: Though? I think we're just talking.
Speaker 4: Up the bricks. Uh.
Speaker 6: The Packers have released jyr Alexander corner who they played there for seven years, had some success there, and of course every time a big name hits the open market, especially when it's a mirrored position of need for the Dallas Cowboys, which cornerback happens to be. So it's going to be a conversation. Let's have this conversation. Do you feel like that would be a good fit Tommy, I'll start.
Speaker 9: With, well, just considering the fact that right now Dallas's cornerback is so banged up, Absolutely it's a fit if he's healthy. The thing with Jaire Alexander. He's missed twenty games the last two years. He's only played in fourteen. So when you have an injured cornerback room already, and we've talked about it on this show, where I think when Dallas is healthy, they've got a good cornerback room. They have a good room. They have good guys who can play on the outside. You have to Ron Bland who can move to the inside.
Speaker 3: Versatile pieces everywhere. But it's when they're healthy.
Speaker 9: If you're going to add a JayR Alexander to a room that is already banged up and already going through injury struggles, I'm not sure how much that'll benefit you if he's not one hundred percent right, Because when Jaire Alexander is one hundred percent, and we've seen him in his past, he's a two time Pro Bowler, He's made the All Pro second team a couple of times in his career.
Speaker 3: He's been really good. He's been really good.
Speaker 4: He's torched the Cowboys, torched the.
Speaker 9: Cowboys a couple of times. So you've seen what Jaire Alexander looks like at his best. But if he's not healthy, then I don't know if you're really doing yourself a favor, because right when everybody gets healthy, that's awesome. But if you're not there right now, which is where you need to be, getting ready for week one and getting ready for the start of the season, then I don't think you're benefiting much.
Speaker 7: I think, well, looking at this, I did a little research into Alexander, and no coach or executive has known prior connection to Alexander. Now, if you look at a lot of the free agents that the Cowys have brought in, there have been connections in one form or another. Look at Solomon Thomas, who worked with Aaron White Cotton. Nobody's there for him as far as previous experiences.
Speaker 6: He hasn't played with Flues. I mean Flu's coached against him, and which.
Speaker 7: Might be telling too that you know it may or may not be a target right now. But there are also, at least for my book, three other names out there that I would look at before Giro Elit leader, yeah, all right, spill It. Russell Douglas. Now, he had a rough twenty twenty four, but he plays the ball well. He had four or more interceptions in each of the last three seasons. That's a guy I would definitely look a look at over Jaio Alexander a Sante Samuel Junior out there, who is a serviceable He had a serviceable first two seasons in the league. Last year was a really tough year, but a small sample size. He only played four games last year and he's only twenty five years and he has a pedigree like triple H. I mean he is, he definitely has it. I think there's a lot there, a lot of potential there. You like that. And another one would be Stephan Gilmore. Now he's the double. You know you bring him back, you know exactly what you're getting out of his Stephan Gilmore, the age is certainly there, but he's a reliable player with plenty of juice left. If if you consider Minnesota last year being able to help him over the top, I think that that's another thing. Speed would be an issue there, but if he has good safety coverage, I think that's a better option than Jyr Alexander today.
Speaker 6: So my question to you on those three names, because you're not and for those that are at home looking at it, you're not trying to replace Trayvon Diggs, Deron Bland, now Savone Rebel. Those are your three guys right now, at least on paper starter.
Speaker 4: Rebel of course, is a big question.
Speaker 6: Mark off the injury, so is Treyvon, but he's got the pedigree to lean back on and the resume to lean back on.
Speaker 4: Those would be my three guys.
Speaker 6: So my question with those four names I'll throw Jai ear with your three names is are they better than what your depth is now? Are they better than Andrew Booth? Are they better than Keemon Hall? Are they better than Israel Mukuamu. My answer on almost all four of those, probably all four of those.
Speaker 4: Would be yes. Yes, it would be yes.
Speaker 6: The only one that's kind of a question for me would be Kyer Elam in the house, because I like what I've seen from Kyer so far, and of course he was a second round pick, somebody that or a first round pick, and somebody that could possibly be a steal and free agency if he ends up playing the way that he has through OTAs, he'll see the field quite a bit in mini camp this week too. That's the only one where I'm saying I'm not giving Kyer Elam a spot on the bench over.
Speaker 4: Those three guys or under those three.
Speaker 7: Just don't look at the AFC championship for Ky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's an AFC championship. They did get there with him on the don't look on me not to have that happen. So I that's the one question.
Speaker 4: Mark there is where do they fit in the fold. Some of those guys might be above him on that list and some might.
Speaker 1: Be below him. Okay.
Speaker 5: So my point to that in that in that great names by the way, so let me work it this way. I was and remain really high on considering a guy like a Santi Samuel Junior. I've always said on this panel several times this offseason, so that that's true. It's also true though that neither Santi Samuel no Rasul Douglass have the NFL resume as far as individual success as Alexander does. The only one of the in that list that does is Stefan Gilmore right, not only in the too right very because he's thirty four.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now, I would love to have Steph back as well. I would love.
Speaker 5: Gilly back locker room Billy, but I think that at this point in his career, a healthy Stefan Gilmour is not as good as a healthy JayR. Alexander, and you can likely have JayR Alexander healthy to start on a one year deal. That's not a lot of money, Okay, it's a prove a deal. He needs to rebuild his brand, much like Pickens does. Although this wouldn't be a trader as freergency sign, so I would take for those reasons, I would take Gied Alexander over those three names, although I am interested in those three names if you don't get Gied Alexander. Now to Cole's question about Kyer Elam, I do like what I'm seeing from Elam. However, we're talking about what we're seeing from Elam involuntary OTAs with no contact and mini camp to come over these next three days. We haven't seen him in training camp. We haven't seen him in the preseason. We sure they haven't seen him in regular season games in a Cowboys uniform, in an eber Flus system. Okay, that's not to say he won't perform. What I'm saying is the Cowboys are not in a position to be able to be choosy about who they bring in as far as when you have names like Giro Alexander, or Rus Who Douglas or Stefan Gilmore get someone in here and stack the room because you have so many issues. Treyvon Diggs we know about his injury issue, likely won't be available to start the season and for several games thereafter. Kayln Carson, he's coming off a shoulder injury. Should be cleared before training camp, we'll see. But again, questions on how soon he can get back to form and what does his form even look like, because when he was healthy it was up and down and more down than up.
Speaker 1: Okay, we just talked about ELM.
Speaker 5: But then Josh Butler likely won't see the field for a large chunk of the season, if at all. He tore his ACL in December, takes about twelve months to recover from that. The list goes on and on. You lose Jordan Lewis in free agency to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Again, I could go on and on. What you need to do is stack as much talent at cornerback as possible, premium talent, if at all possible. And if you get Gied Alexander cool, if you get him for six seven games, He's averaged seven games these last two seasons. Okay, give me Gied Alexander on a one year deal. For seven or eight games. I'm assuming Treyvon Diggs is back for the remaining seven or eight games. You form them together fusion, Dance, Goku and vegeta, and there you go. If you roll Jiro Alexander and treuval On Diggs together and you get one complete season from what would be a former top five cornerback, problem is probably solved because your depth now becomes Cayer Elam, Kaitlyn Carson has time to get you know, that rookie groove from out of there because he needs to find a second year group, so forth and so on. So I am in on bringing Gyr Alexander in over those three names you mentioned. But if you don't get Jai Air, at least entertain one of those.
Speaker 4: Three, Yeah, because you need some level of depth there.
Speaker 1: You gotta have it. You gotta have one more too many questions.
Speaker 6: One injury right there is going to be a question mark. And that brings me to the.
Speaker 7: To an already beat up room.
Speaker 1: Not just exactly.
Speaker 5: Let's not pretend durn Bland didn't have that foot injury that just.
Speaker 1: Popped up, yeah, out of nowhere.
Speaker 5: If them as football, if that happens right now with this current depth chart. Not necessarily with Deran, but anybody you're trying to count on.
Speaker 6: Here's why I'm not completely sold on the Jayure Alexander bandwagon. And I've used this conversation before on the show. Right now, as it sits, your top four corners are coming off of a season where they dealt with major injuries all four pland Revel, Carson, Digs, and of course Revel and Diggs are still in the rehab process and working back from it. If you add JayR Alexander the mix, that list goes from four to five. Your top five corners have had major injuries over the last couple of years, and of course Alexander has missed twenty games over the last two seasons.
Speaker 4: So I would rather have somebody with a clean bill.
Speaker 6: Of health to throw into the mix and see if they can prove it in such a way. I think Alexander, whin healthy, is a good player. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 4: That's just a big caveat that.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I can look at this room and have complete comfortability saying cool, go for it. Let's go sign this guy. Unless it is just a dirt cheap contract, but with the type of player he is. I don't know if he's in a position going into year eight in the NFL to sign a dirt cheap contract.
Speaker 3: The last thing the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: It won't be veteran minimum, but it won't be that, but it's I also don't think it's going to be to break the bank sort of situation.
Speaker 1: I got thirty million.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the last thing the Cowboys. The last thing the Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Need at corner right now is a went healthy guy. That's the last thing they need. Look Like, like I said earlier, Gyr Alexander, I would take him over the three names that you mentioned just because I disagree.
Speaker 3: That's fine, that's that's what that's what we're here for. We can we can disagree. I would take Jyr Alexander any day of the week over those three guys. I'm not as all right, calm down, money, Well, I'm just saying.
Speaker 9: When when healthy, I think Alexander is better than all three of those guys.
Speaker 3: But it's a win win healthy thing.
Speaker 6: And that's the red flag that you're just exciding to wave in the air.
Speaker 5: I only need him healthy for as long as it takes Trevon to get back, and then once Trevon is back, if is still healthy, well, now you have not I'm not going to say embarrassment of riches, but you're kind of wealthy.
Speaker 4: There give at that point you feel much better.
Speaker 1: Right now you're you're poor, you.
Speaker 3: Feel great and you have a great quack.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I can look at Corner in the last couple of years, not even just last year, but the last couple of years and say, oh, yeah, all three of those guys once Trayvon's back, they're all going to be healthy.
Speaker 4: We haven't had that.
Speaker 6: We haven't had the opportunity to see the Cornerback group all be healthy. When one guy comes back, the other guy goes down, and that may not happen forever.
Speaker 4: But I'm not going to sit here and anticipate.
Speaker 1: At that happen.
Speaker 4: That's my biggest You can't bet on it.
Speaker 5: You can't bet on it and stack the bodies, which is funny, right, but I would rather stack it with healthy bodies.
Speaker 1: Healthy bodies healthy right now.
Speaker 4: He's had to lose cheese wheel the last two years.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's an inside Joe.
Speaker 9: If he is healthy and you can get him at a deal that's serviceable, for everybody do it. There's no I have no issue with adding quality depth at any position. Sure, here's the thing. When the Cowboy get healthy at corner. They've invested a lot in corner recently in free agency, the draft, through trade with Kyrie Elam.
Speaker 3: It's excellent.
Speaker 9: The corners aren't going to get a lot of work because everybody's going to be running the ball on the Cowboys. They don't have any depth on their defensive line without that life. If I'm Dallas, I'm looking to add to the defensive line I think more than I am at corner because it's like we've talked about when healthy. I know that's a red flag of a phrase.
Speaker 3: When healthy, I understand. I understand when healthy they've got a good room. They've got a good room if they can stay on the field together. Those are two big ifs.
Speaker 9: But when you look at defensive tackle right now, you're probably looking at you know, Osu Diggi Zua and Mozzy Smith or Solomon Thomas as you're starting one two. If any of those guys go down, you're relying on averse or second year player. I'm sorry, and those those guys might pan out and that might be great, but we don't know that yet.
Speaker 3: You don't know that yet.
Speaker 9: You don't have aside from OSA, and aside from not really aside from OSA, you have a proven can be difference maker on the defensive line. You know, Mazie Smith and Solomon Thomas have maybe had flashes in the pan here and there, but they haven't been consistent.
Speaker 7: Here's the thing. I had three names for you available free agents at cornerback. There are not three names available at interior defensive line.
Speaker 3: That's the tough part.
Speaker 4: It's not the same.
Speaker 5: Listen here, here's where I am with it. Because again we're not going to bring this up again. We're not going to pretend that the Cowboys are cash poor as far as the cap is concerned. So we're talking about either a empty pocket or b or they're not in that situation right now. So here's what I would do, especially in year one of Shot Hummer, because I love what the Cowboys have done this offseason in that they're really getting that after it. They're getting after it, you know, talk about Solomon Thomas as a death piece and free agency, talk about the tree for George blockbuster splash like they're getting after it to try to set Shoddy up for success.
Speaker 4: Definitely more movement than the last a ton more movement.
Speaker 5: Okay, keep that energy right, So bring me a Santi Samuel on a one year three million dollar deal, but also bring me Gyr Alexander on on a one year five.
Speaker 1: Million dollar deal. You do that, you still have.
Speaker 5: A ton of money to handle your DT situation.
Speaker 1: Then you're hitt a mercenary.
Speaker 6: You're addressing at that point, you're addressing cornerback four.
Speaker 1: And five exactly.
Speaker 5: And then you unleash them all in training camp and say who wants it?
Speaker 1: Who wants it?
Speaker 5: A Santi versus Jay versus Hey Revel by the way you want these reps.
Speaker 1: You're rookie.
Speaker 5: You got to go up against some of the best to do it in gir Elexanda when he's healthy. So for me, I'm getting a guy like a Santi Samuel at be Vietnam opposite.
Speaker 1: Total a total one year, eight nine million.
Speaker 7: Dollars and then doing that. One injury doesn't send you on a.
Speaker 5: Absolutely not what I mean when I say just throw I just think of talent at the with.
Speaker 4: Their two names.
Speaker 6: I think it takes more than one year, eight and nine million combined it's probably going to be more like eleven or twelve. You got it, you got you have it, and I don't think I would. I would not shy away from making multiple moves at corner because that's my biggest concern with So if you want to make multiple moves at corner here and fight it out of training camp, give everybody a chance to compete.
Speaker 4: Cool, let's make it happen.
Speaker 7: Now, just a question for Kyle you do that, how do you feel about not addressing running back at all before?
Speaker 1: I hate it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean would would you take back room? Yeah? I probably would.
Speaker 1: Who's who's available?
Speaker 4: Because that you the guy that I wanted signed that yesterday?
Speaker 5: Correct, Go Dogs, And that's that was That was always who we're talking about. That was my point because Nick Chubb was one of the if not the top guy wanted to bring in for the Cowboys. Well he's with the Houston Detectives now, so that's not a thing. So with Nick Chubb off of the off of the table, I've looked at the list of remaining for agents, and I'll be honest with you, you might as well.
Speaker 1: You gotta roll with who you got now.
Speaker 5: With that onus on guys like Javonte Williams to try to take the lead, and maybe Miles Sanders can be a contributor, and then look at Jayden Blue and film off, look at these younger guys and say, okay, well you got to go get it done. But then really you're looking at your offensive line and saying you got to help these guys.
Speaker 6: There's multiple chances to dress running back. Let's say it doesn't work out initially, you can always try and trade either draft capital or if your cornerback room is back and healthy and they're all back in the fold, then you look at it and you say, hey, we have a surplus a corner. How would you guys like a jay R Alexander or like an Asante Samuel Jr. We'll take a running back and maybe send you a draft pick.
Speaker 1: And trade dead lanes not to an overmber.
Speaker 6: So there's a couple of things that you could do there too. Dress running back even after addressing corner. But if they're making multiple moves at corner and trying to address that spot, that tells me they're okay at running back.
Speaker 4: They feel okay at running.
Speaker 7: Back, and if I got to take one one over the other, you're taking a cornerback.
Speaker 1: I'm taking caer.
Speaker 4: I'm more concerned at corner.
Speaker 6: I'm still concerned at running back, don't get me wrong, but I'm more con turned a corner because of all the injuries and all.
Speaker 3: The what ifs.
Speaker 4: I try to win healthy guys. I hate that, but where we're at, it's where we're at.
Speaker 5: But if you get to win healthy guys, it can play a factor. May be cool healthy. I want to say, they become what a healthy guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That's uh, that one is that's that's goating and trunks go ten.
Speaker 5: When we come back after the break, now he almost will have his hand sit back.
Speaker 6: We're gonna talk off season raids when we come back with more talking cowboys.
Speaker 10: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has a T and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and t FI G fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 11: Five G requires compatible plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for U fifty deals.
Speaker 13: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 14: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gears now available at Stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: And we're going to overtime.
Speaker 4: Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 15: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may vary. Digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for qualit assurance, Message data, raise and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC to.
Speaker 4: Talkin' Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Back here on Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys, Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Tommy Yarish, Chris Beam In the back on Kyle Yeoman's.
Speaker 4: One of the sad parts. One of the sad parts about this.
Speaker 6: Being our last show is we don't get Isaiah's Standback in the building.
Speaker 1: He hated.
Speaker 4: He's at Uh.
Speaker 6: He's out in the LA studios with Good Morning Football in the NFL network. He's on all week long, so be sure to uh to listen to him there. But while we have it, you know what, you can listen to him here too. Isaiah Standback's on the phone line was good?
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 16: Oh man steady grind Man had the show this morning, got off the air, came back, got from the eat, about to get a little.
Speaker 1: Work out in.
Speaker 16: But you know, I got to listen to my crew. If I'm not physically there.
Speaker 4: You're you are so right now?
Speaker 6: Uh? First off, what are you eating for lunch? On the West Coast? What you like?
Speaker 4: What's has to be a sponsored today? Yeah, it has to be a sponsor.
Speaker 16: Actually breakfast. I just walked to the local bagel shop. Ain't got something so light light work. I gotta get a work out of it. You know what I'm saying. I can't let I can't let no seed get too far ahead of me.
Speaker 1: Listen, don't worry about it. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's even.
Speaker 1: I would say that.
Speaker 4: I'm still waiting for this race.
Speaker 16: We we've got exactly that's what I want to see. I want to see that race between Tommy, Tommy and uh and young No. See, that's what I happen to.
Speaker 1: You're only using the word race fast and loose here.
Speaker 3: You guys already know how it's going to finish.
Speaker 5: So race a race imply A race implies it will be competitive.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because he's gonna we're gonna have betting odds and everything. You're not allowed to actually gamble on it, but like with betting odds, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think it'd be something. It's going to be a spec.
Speaker 5: Hommies really can't waiah. Tommy's going to take me back to the hood days. He gonna make me take my shoes and sock.
Speaker 16: So yeah, yeah, you know what it is when we go come on, man, you let the bear claws.
Speaker 3: Out of Oh.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm sure you had a great show this morning on Good Morning Football, but now you're on the best show talking cowboys. I want to give off season grades. So this is our final show until training camp. As we talked about earlier, A through F off season grades time, we're gonna pot you down just for a minute, Isaiah, just because there's like a little background noise. I'll come to you with the answer in a moment. But Patrick, I'll let you start A through F. How would you grade the Cowboys twenty twenty five off season?
Speaker 1: Am I as a standalone or am I comparing it to last year?
Speaker 4: Whatever you want to do with.
Speaker 5: Comparing it to last year? It's an A compared it to last year? And now I mean the distance in which the pendulum has swung from nearly complete inactivity last off season and really your only off season or outside edition being Eric Kendricks to this season. It's not simply who they added, but it's when they added, what position they added in They've shown they're not a fit.
Speaker 1: For how they add right free agency but.
Speaker 5: Also mid level trade but also blockbuster trade. It's really an a for me. As far as they handle this, they're really I'll give them credit for this. They're doing a lot. I'm not going to say they're doing the best because where's Jaiir, Where's a Santi?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: I want to see a little bit more So, I'm not gonna give you an A plus, but i'll give them as a standalone, I'll give them a B B plus in comparison to last season. I'm going with a full A over last season.
Speaker 6: Okay, So your official grade for a standalone stand alone is a B plus.
Speaker 7: Okay, you know that's hard to argue. Man, Like, I think I was coming in here with a B minus on the brain. But one thing that I kind of forgot to evaluate in my my grading was George pickens Man. That was a huge thing to do after a draft where you did not draft a wide receiver a position of need, and we were all saying, that is your first round pick right there. And granted the players did not fall exactly how you expected or how you wanted them, to consider the draft, consider what they did in free agency before the draft, and then now how they're building the team. And then, not to mention, you bring in a Brian Schottenheimer, a coach that is on your team, but for all intents and purposes, he's winning the offseason. He's the way in which he speaks is just garnering a lot of praise from people outside of the locker room and inside the locker room. Clearly he has a good head on the shoulders and he's a leader so far. How does that look when we start winning games or losing games, or however the season plays out. You have to say, at least right now, Comparatively at the end of last season, I would say B plus.
Speaker 3: Well, I must be the professor that nobody wants.
Speaker 4: To have you great on a tough curve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 9: I think this is a C plus offseason. I think there are really really good goods and there are some really big lingering question marks that are still on the table.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 9: I think the good you guys hit the nail on the head George Pickens. I mean, that's exactly what this offense needed. They needed a guy opposite Ceedee Lamb to be able to handle some of that for him. I think they made some solid depth signings. I think if Kay or Elon pans out for you, that's a really good move, and they depth is the important word there. I don't think they went out and got a lot of starting caliber guys, and to be fair, they have a lot of starting caliber guys already on the roster to where they just needed to add depth in case of injury if they were ravaged like they were last year. But in my opinion, I still think there are way too many I want to say holes.
Speaker 3: On the roster.
Speaker 9: I don't think it's it's necessarily a hole, but I think areas of weakness. Defensive tackle the biggest one. I mean, what has plagued the Cowboys defense for years now? Right get stop in the run. I don't think they've done enough a defensive tackle to be able to stop the run.
Speaker 3: I don't think they have a great group in there.
Speaker 9: And that's not to say that those players can't develop and those players can't be great. Some of the younger guys can't step up and emerge into a role and be able to stop the run. But right now, based on what we know, I'm not necessarily inspired by confidence. Can that change absolutely? Is that something Matt Eberflus can change with scheme? Absolutely, But as it stands right now, I think defensive tackle, even before corner and running back, for me, is the more important pressing matter of Hey, this is where we really need to improve.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you've been on that that from the beginning. You said, defensive tackle is just not there, and I tend to agree with you.
Speaker 4: I think it's just better.
Speaker 6: Built than some of the other positions at the moment because of the injury concerns, right, But as soon as injuries happened in that room too.
Speaker 3: It's going to be it's going to be really bad. It's going to be really bad.
Speaker 1: Is bad? Built is bad? What's bad? Built said?
Speaker 7: You know what you said.
Speaker 1: I think that's what he's saying.
Speaker 6: What I said, I'm saying, like what with the injuries, it's just it's it's put up there with a couple of nails and staple guns, like it's duct taped together with all the injuries that.
Speaker 7: I may ask you this though, as far as resigning o'diggy Zua, do you feel that that sort of like improved or kind of set the grade at like you said, that's c.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's it's one of the positive things they did.
Speaker 7: I mean, is do you you that's a net positive for you?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Yeah.
Speaker 9: If if you keep one of your better players around, that's always going to be a net positive. Outside of him, We're gonna ask Mozzi Smith for the third year in a row, if he's gonna take the jump, We're gonna see if Solomon Thomas can continue to have he had some of the best years of his career with Aaron White Cotton in New York. Can he take the next step here even though he's a little bit more undersized at his position. And then you're banking on four younger guys who were six seventh round picks over the last two years to be able to fill in those depth rolls for you. I'm sorry to me, that's just not really a lot. That's just not really a lot for me, And it doesn't necessarily inspire confidence considering what they have put forth so far.
Speaker 5: And this is why I can't nudge it to an a as a standalone item, because as a standalone item, there are still questions. We just spent the entire nearly the entirety of the first segment talking about why we would if we're interested in jyr Alexander as individual analysts, why that would be, And then Josh put up you know three more names, which just lets you know.
Speaker 1: I feel like, and I don't.
Speaker 5: Like using the term unnecessarily, but I feel like the cornerback room is in dire straits as we have this conversation that is extremely concerning I don't feel like, yes, I could see them believing in the kyer Elam and before contact exists in the Cowboys uniform, he's treating in the right direction. But we can't rightfully sit here and say that we know kyer Elam is going to be the answer in the absence of an injury like what.
Speaker 4: You've seen so far. So far it's June.
Speaker 5: Nobody's hitting anybody now, right So because of things like that, you still need to address cornerback. I agree with Tommy infinitely, the depth at defensive tackle needs to be there. And maybe and I'm huge on Toya, but again, this is a late round pick.
Speaker 1: What is he going to give you over Justin Rodgers? Don't know, don't know.
Speaker 3: I'll add this. You know what makes corner's lives a lot easier.
Speaker 4: Defensive tackles pressure on the cres.
Speaker 9: It doesn't matter if you put kyer Elam, Andrew Booth, Me, Patrick Gosh, Kyle at corner.
Speaker 3: I think it would matter, but our lives would be a lot easier.
Speaker 1: I' gett at least one p BU. If one p B, I.
Speaker 9: Think we got to pump the bricks there, sir, I love you, but we got now want to after you get now you want to line up?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 9: I'm talking about NFL wide receiver against you as barbecue chicken.
Speaker 1: I said, is I'll get one pp pick six, I'll break up of pets.
Speaker 3: It's going to be an Aaron pass.
Speaker 4: But he'll be one of those in the first row. And there's a big like.
Speaker 1: I want as quarterback. I want Cordnite. Line it up.
Speaker 3: It's corny.
Speaker 1: Line it up out u qb it you are receiver.
Speaker 3: I've got a football upstairs. Half thrust into this.
Speaker 4: I think it'd be good social content.
Speaker 9: Like if we lined him up against Jalen Cropper. You're telling me that he would get a p BU.
Speaker 4: How many reps?
Speaker 3: We have one hundred reps. You're not going to get one.
Speaker 1: We had this, We've done this before. We've done this before. Lewis agreed with me.
Speaker 4: Isaiah, you're still line what what? What are your thoughts here?
Speaker 16: I think when you say p bu in regards to my boy, no se dot's pick your butt up, that's what's gonna end up happening. Uh.
Speaker 8: You had too much time to sit there and I'm just listening here.
Speaker 6: I actually said that a minute, No, he didn't.
Speaker 16: Okay, non. In regards to the grades, man, I think Tommy, Tommy's being harsh. I think you're being harsh.
Speaker 7: Games of the Bears winning this year again, what does that have to do with anything. I'm just I'm just saying, go ahead.
Speaker 16: I'm so confused for Chicago, I'm going I'm gonna go with B plus. I'm gonna go with B plus and And the reason why I'm going with B plus is because I like what they doing with their coaching staff. I'm heavily shaving this towards the coaching staff. I like the fact that they brought it even plus. I like the fact they brought in White Cotton. I trust them on the defense side of the ball that if they feel as if they have a need at the defensive tackle position, that that's something that they're going to address. Wants the pads get on. I think that bringing in Solomon Thomas and bringing in the linebackers that they did, I think they feel comfortable with their front seven. Don't forget they got Dante Fowler junior. We still have you got Micah, you got said Williams getting healthy. So you have a lot of guys that can get to the QB. Obviously, everybody is concerned and always has been. Air concern is the ability to stop the run. But I think that not only players have a uh, you know, contribute to that, but schemes, schemes contribute to that as well. So we'll see. But I trust their expertise on defense, especially eber Flus and White Cotton, that they're going to get that figured out and if there's an issue, they'll address it right There'll be a trade during during training camp if they see if they're not seeing the production that they feel as if they have right now. Offensively, you need you guys mentioned you know, Pickens, you guys.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 16: Obviously the addition of Blue, hopefully we'll see Cavarte Turpin turn into something offensively, so you can have a three headed monster at the receiver position along with Dylan Tolbert, who's gonna be playing for some bread this year. You know, he's gonna be playing for some bread. He his name on noticed last year with the touchdowns, led the team in touchdowns, but he's going to be looking to try to make a splash and prove himself. So I like the offense. I like the offensive line. Holistically, I like the team, except for the cornerback position. That's where I agree with you guys there. I'm not confident right now. I believe that they have put together one hell of a roster of cornerbacks for the second half of the season, but I don't feel confident with the first half. And when you look at this schedule, you don't have time to be waiting for the second half of the season for your guys to get healthy. So I would like to see them be more aggressive in getting a starter from day one at that cornerback position, and then when mid season comes around, when all your guys are hopefully healthy, then you just have a heck of a competitive room. Or you got some guys that you got to make a business decision on and you got to let one go. But I'd much rather be in that position than to be in a position of just kind of crossing your fingers and hoping that one of the guys, you know, kyer Elam shows up and is ready to ball out for you.
Speaker 1: Day one.
Speaker 6: Church right there with you, man with you, Isaiah, You're on all week.
Speaker 16: Good Morning Football, right yees, sir, I'm here the Friday all the way through.
Speaker 6: Friday, watch them. Good morning football. What times it start out here?
Speaker 4: Central time?
Speaker 16: Seven A seven seven to nine am since the time on the NFL network.
Speaker 6: There you go, Isaiah, thanks so much. We appreciate you, buddy, We love you. We can't wait to see you back here.
Speaker 4: And then uh we'll get to talk some football. Come training camp. How about that?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 16: Listen, man, we're weeks out. Man, you guys, go ahead, stretch some hamstrings out. I'm going to be red gi.
Speaker 1: Hey, I want you to line up to then yeah.
Speaker 16: You're no, we're not doing that. If there are no check, I ain't running nowhere.
Speaker 4: That's a man.
Speaker 1: It will be on your spart man.
Speaker 6: As a business man, business decision. Love you, Isaiah. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 16: Bud carts go.
Speaker 6: All right, Isaiah there, Just before we go, I'll give my grade, and I'm basing it off of did this team get better from the end of last year, and if they stayed the same, I'd give it a C.
Speaker 4: I think they got better, I really do.
Speaker 6: I think they did the right thing at addressing wide receiver too, in a big way, bigger way than I even anticipated going into the off season. I think George Pickens is.
Speaker 4: A home run. I really do.
Speaker 6: I think it's going to be a huge, huge success. We might be wrong, and we might be sitting here in the middle of November saying, man, that did not work out. However, I think at the moment as we sit here, I think that's the biggest move you could have made. I like the coaching staff, just like Isaiah said, I like some of the additions that they've made. When it comes to the roster. Tommy pointed it out a moment ago. They have when it comes to one through eleven, one through fifteen on the roster, you feel really good about your top ten to fifteen players on your roster. You felt really up in the air about players sixteen through thirty on your roster, and I think they addressed that spot pretty well. Then they really took thirty one through fifty three, and they addressed that spot pretty well through the offseason, and they've got guys fighting to get into that fifty three When it's all said and done, are there still spots defensive tackle, corner, running back. I'm still concerned about absolutely. I think there's still work to be done there, and it might come just by guys stepping up.
Speaker 4: But as Patrick will remind me over and over again, you know what I hate as a strategy, hope. I hate hope as a strategy.
Speaker 6: So as I'm looking at it on paper right now, I'll give this a B plus. I think it's a B plus offseason because they did get better. They addressed some certain spots where other people are going to benefit from Ed Rusher linebacker.
Speaker 4: I really like what they've done at linebacker.
Speaker 1: I agree it.
Speaker 6: Hasn't been a big storyline. I like Kenneth Murray, I like Jack Sanborn, I like Marisley. If I going into year number two, I like what they I've seen from Damoon Clark, and he's even going to have to battle to be on the roster when it's all said and done. So all of those things kind of play a factor in certain spots. Of course, wide receiver helps your tight ends, helps your quarterback, helps your offensive line, which by the way, has been revamped because of your first round pick and Tyler Booker.
Speaker 4: Give me a B plus.
Speaker 6: And that's where I think this offseason is still work to do, but they've done a good job of making this team better.
Speaker 4: Are they still an.
Speaker 6: Immediate Super Bowl contender? No, They're not there yet, but we could be.
Speaker 1: You have four bees, and Tommy, we'll see what what did you give it?
Speaker 4: A C C plus? That's fine, That's that's almost a bee.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna keep giving the herd give.
Speaker 3: Look, I think you're right. They got better.
Speaker 4: They did.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 9: They got drastically better. Sure, I'm sorry if I'm wrong. Fair line, it would not be the first time, and it's certainly not going to be the last. So I'll eat my words if I need to. But I don't think they got better enough to the point where it's you're just blown away, Like again the George Pickens edition. I like Kenneth Murray a lot. I like chance Jack Sanborn a lot. They've got a good staff for Brian Schoenheimer in his first season. I just don't think they took that drastic step, and there's so many question marks to the point where our question. I don't want to give it a you know, a beer. More so if i'm if I'm the professor that nobody likes, that's totally fine.
Speaker 5: But the fun part is is I don't disagree with him for most of it. I just feel like the screw a little bit.
Speaker 3: Five that's fine.
Speaker 4: It's a little better what we do.
Speaker 6: Be sure to follow online Dallas Cowboys dot com. You got two of the best beat writers in the NFL covering this team throughout the off season. Patrick noci Walker, Tommy Yarsh Josh is the one that puts it all together. He's going to be very, very busy throughout the off season. So the real right here Dallas Cowboys dot Com making sure that everything's there. Final episode of the Blitz this week too, on the TV side of things.
Speaker 7: And hosted by the best in the business.
Speaker 4: Bill Jones.
Speaker 6: When we when we're back in training camp though, we are full steam ahead and we are going into the off season or the twenty twenty five season with some fire.
Speaker 7: We'll be back, yeah, oh yeah, we'll be.
Speaker 6: Back special thanks to all those that have stuck with us throughout the year and been active in the chat. We can't wait to see you guys again and can't wait to see everybody joining in for the training camp.
Speaker 4: Fun out in Oxnard, California.
Speaker 6: For one final time this off season for Patrick noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Tommy Yurish, Isaiah Stand back out in LA for Chris Beam in the back I'm Kyle Yeoman, saying so long.
Speaker 1: From Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: We'll see you at Oxnard.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.