Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: All right, we're harmonizing. I like that. Maybe some fake enthusiasm there, but I'm good with that, all right, eight seven seven three DP show. We'll get phone calls coming up. Variety of topics today. We started talking about training camp here in the overreaction. You know, Aaron Rodgers through an interception. Oh, he's he's spent, he's cooked his mechanics. Oh what's wrong with the Jackson Dart Giants all through an interception? Just slow down on it. Stats that come up, It's just it's it's kind of like summer league basketball, where you go, oh, do you see that guy? You're gonna have a couple of guys that will stand out in training camp and maybe maybe that translates into success during the regular season. It just feels like it's a rush to judgment. We're gonna have negative thoughts about somebody and we're gonna have positive thought We're gonna over react one way or another. There here's a situation not making headlines. I brought it up twice now, and maybe it's because it's Terry McLaurin. This is the most Terry McLaurin thing ever. Quiet, underrated, productive, overlooked, and you know, keep in mind, he was drafted into a dysfunctional organization. He cycled through a revolving door of quarterbacks and coaches, a owner chaos, but he produces. And Jayden Daniels comes to town, rookie quarterback, gets all the attention, and rightfully so, he certainly earned that. But you have an NFC Championship game appearance, and Terry McLaurin is a real partner in that top ten offense. But he wants to get paid. He's been the consummate professional leader in the locker room. But they brought in Deebo Samuel, maybe hedging their bets. But a franchise desperate to build something real, underpaying one of your most reliable stars probably a dangerous place to start. And you know, I'm looking at the numbers there. This is what happens when one guy gets paid and then all of a sudden, your agent or you will say to your agent, hey, let's renegotiate here. Well, if you got one year left on your deal. That seems to be the form that a lot of players and agents follow, not that teams follow that, but hey, we don't want somebody disgruntled. But you still have a contract. You still have a year, Like Trey Hendrickson has one year left on his contract. You should honor that, but you run the risk of getting injured. I understand that, But you still have a contract. Like, there has to be something in place where somebody's honoring something here. The team has to honor that content. Let's say you're not playing well and you got a year left on your deal and it's guaranteed you're going to get your money, and they don't ask you if you don't play well. If Trey Hendrickson would get four sacks, they're not saying, hey, you got to give us money back. So it goes both ways. And I'm pro player on this. I think most fans are probably pro owners because they they're the constant. Where's the players? You know, they change every couple of years here, but you get what you can get. But I did find it certainly interesting, even humorous, that Mike Brown is complaining that Trey Hendrickson is overly emotional about his contract. But then Mike Brown, the Bengals owner, gets overly emotional talking about the first round draft pick Schamart Stewart and the fact that this is foolishness, so he's overreacting while telling Trey Hendrickson, don't overreact to this contract and really it'll be the last big contract that he signs at his age of hirt. So training camp, all you want to do is everybody show up, everybody signed, and can we get through without any injuries. That's it. And even when it comes to these preseason games, sometimes you'll watch and you'll you might spot somebody. Then you might say, hey, he'll be fun to watch. Oh that guy's undrafted free agent. Oh that guy that was a late you know, like sixth round pick. Okay, that's the fun part of training camp. But I think the overreaction to what somebody is doing in a seven on seven drill or Aaron Rodgers form Jackson Dart, it doesn't mean anything like Schador Sanders. If you watch the reports or listen to the reports, he's the next Bernie Kosar here or Brian Sipe, And I'm like, slow down here. This is the same franchise that people are talking about. Nick Saban will go there and they'll draft archs Maning. So if you already have your quarterback here and Shaudor Sanders, Then why are we talking about the possibility of Hey, if the Browns they get arch Manning and they could get Nick Zabe. It's because Shaudor Sanders is probably playing like a fifth round draft pick, like he'll show sim you know, signs glimpses of oh okay, he's got potential like Dylan Gabriel. I don't know how good he is. I saw him in college. Same with Shadoor. Joe Flacco could end up starting, Kenny Pickett could end up starting. This is a team that knows they're not settled on anything here because they have two first round draft picks next year and they're not going to be very good this year. Why would you settle in now? If it's should or Sanders, great, you found your quarterback and you can use those draft picks on something else. But those stories, those opinions are not going to go away. Two first round picks for a bad team, and you've got a couple of what looks like marquee quarterbacks that could We don't even know if arch Manning is coming out after this next season. I would bet against it. I would think that he stays two more years, but we already have speculation on Saban maybe to the Browns. And you know, Colin Cowhard said, one of the worst kept secrets. Okay, Saban even when we talk, you know, we've talked to players.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I asked Derrick Henry about this. He played for Saban at Alabama. See what he thinks about that possibility. But what happens if arch Manning decides to stay at Texas is Nick Saban still coming back? And really the team to keep an eye on to me is the Rams. If you're looking at arch Manning and his respect, family, respect for Sean McVay, you got Matthew Stafford maybe you know, another year or two years, and you got arch Manning who could slide in there. That would be the team that I would keep an eye on.
Speaker 5: Yes, Marvin, this arch Manning talk is wild because, just like we say yesterday, he still hasn't played like a full season yet, so we don't even know how good he is yet to be considered the number one overall pick.
Speaker 2: Okay, if he wasn't arch Manning, if he was arch Smith, we would probably be excited about. Hey, this guy looks like he's got a lot of potential. I mean, we've already got him as the number one pick in the draft, okay, and maybe he will be. But I just think we don't even know when he'll come out. I'm guessing he'll play two years unless something happens, unless maybe they win a national title or he wins a Heisman, then maybe he'll say I've accomplished everything I need and I'm gonna go. But also, you know what's going to factor in is who's going to have that number one pick? Because Eli didn't want to go to the Chargers, and that's how you had that draft day. Hey, draft me, I'm not going there. I'm gonna, you know, go to the Giants there. But he didn't want to go to His family didn't want him to go to the Chargers. They didn't like the organization. So you think they're going to have a role in where Arch goes. I think so, I think so. Duke and Boise, Good morning, Duke. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 6: Hey Dan six one, two fifteen. I've got a question for you and need some advice. The other night, my girlfriend and I were sitting down trying to think out something to watch and add for Happy Gilmore two came on without saying the name, without you know, looking at me, just kind of mumbles but audible. Please make me watch that? So my question is, am I now obligated to make her watch it? And what's the fallout repercussions that I can expect?
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully she goes. You know, I didn't think i'd like it, but I did, and I'm glad that I watched it. The fallout repercussions you find a new girlfriend. I mean that's probably the way I go about it. Duke, I mean, that's you got to draw the line somewhere.
Speaker 6: Flying factor here is I think I'm funnier than she does, so I would make her watch it just out of spite instead of just enjoying it on my own. And that's I think where maybe it might fall through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got a dilemma there. Hopefully I'm bringing people together in my role and happy Gilmore too, Yes, Morvin, do.
Speaker 5: Any of you guys make your wife, not make but really encourage your wife to watch something she doesn't want to watch it all?
Speaker 2: I don't. If she says she doesn't want to watch something, then I don't say no, I'm going to lock the door and you're watching this. She would do that to me. You got to watch this. I mean, I don't know, you know, it's a documentary on something. Okay, fine, then you just kind of cave in. You go all right, and then it's done, and then you can't go And then she'll say did you like it? And you go, yeah, yeah, it was better than I thought. That's all, and then we move on. But no, I don't. I don't say to her, Hey, come on down to the basement. We're gonna smoke cigars. And I'm watching the Sacramento Kings play play the Clippers. Come on.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See that is a favorite of mine.
Speaker 7: When I'll put on like a random, like sporting event and my wife will sit down, she'll be like, is this one important? That's the sign of like, so, do we have to watch this? Or is this some for discussion? Yeah, babes, so I kind of gotta watch it. I gotta at least check in.
Speaker 2: On this one. This, this is a good one. I got busted watching NFL Network and it was a replay of a playoff game and my wife, because they've started football already, I go yes, and then she goes, why why is there snow on the ground. I go, oh, well, that's actually it's actually a it's not happening right now, but it's And she goes, oh, I know research. I said, yes, yes, Paul.
Speaker 8: I get caught with August college football games. It'll be like August twenty eighth, and there's a big college football game, or what I perceived to be a big college football game. And she goes, it's starting already. I'm like, the season used to start like September fifth, Now it's August twenty eighth.
Speaker 2: Week zero. I remember covering the Kickoff Classic when it first started at the Meadowlands and you, you know, get these two more key teams and you kicked off the season there. It seemed like every year, you know, it was a great matchup. Kenny in Los Angeles. Hi, Kenny, went's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: So, continuing on with the copeparrie of subjects, yesterday the third hour, Danny and you mentioned the top one hundred NBA players of all time per the Bleacher Report. You and Marvin had just a little bit of a discussion on that, and so first they had Shack at number six and Wilt at number nine. Did issue with that one Kobe at number eleven. As an all time Laker fan, He's about number ten in my mind. But even though I'm a Laker fan, I gotta say Hondo. John Halecheck, they have him at thirty one, and I can't reconcile that guy who was eight for eight in championships. You talk about Russell, and of course Russell went eleven. Halvi Check when two after Russell retired a couple of Dave Cowens, Who's Emmy ten seventy four of the Championship Series beat Kareem in Oscar and all time leading scorer for the Celtics, great defensive player, hustled, moved like Steph Curry. I just don't get that. Maybe you can comment on that.
Speaker 2: Well. I've talked about John Havelcheck, and it's the era that he played in. He was overshadowed by Russell Koozy. He was the sixth man, but he did win. He won eight titles. I think he scored twenty six thousand points. He was an All Star I think thirteen times. If you look at his numbers, it's pretty remarkable what he did. But it was the era he missed his opportunity. And then you know with the Celtics, you bring in Bird, you just have so many great players in the history of that franchise that John got overlooked. You want to talk about moving without the ball. That's the first time I ever saw somebody who never stopped running. Never. And if you play basketball, anybody can guard somebody who is not moving. But Halchek made you run constantly. I think Rick Berry he missed his moment too. Rick Berry was a phenomenal scorer and led Golden State. You want to talk about somebody who won a title with a team that didn't have any other real stars. I mean Keith Wilkes, Jamal Wilkes, but Rick Berry led that Golden State team to a title, and I don't think they had anybody who was an All Star. Yes, Marvin, So.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at this list right now, and I think it's criminal Number twenty seven Isaiah Thomas. Yeah, is he maybe the most disrespected great player. I know halcheck is up there too, but as far as maybe post nineteen eighty, yeah, because I.
Speaker 2: Don't think anybody disliked John Havelchek. But it feels like this, you either love Isaiah or you don't. You either bought into him or you don't, and all the other things that went along with Isaiah Thomas. It feels like that's factored in on just how good a basketball player he was. In people's minds, he was great. Yeah, he won a national title with Bob Knight at Indiana. Tough guy. Those Piston teams, I mean, you know, they embodied toughness there. But you're right, I don't think there was anything that Isaiah did where you go like his handle or his jump shot or you know, we remember that performance against the Lakers with the ankle, but I don't. I think we look at the Pistons maybe unless you're a Pistons fan. I think the rest of the NBA goes there. You know, they were bullies, they were thugs, and I think because of that. I mean, Laan Vier Lanvieer was a great player. Was he dirty? Yes, so was John Stockton, but Lanevier was, you know, dirty. So it's interesting how we look back in history. I still marvel at this that you have people who didn't even see Oscar Robertson play and they only go by a triple double one year. Now, Oscar was one of the great college basketball players of all time. He didn't win a title, but he was a great college player. And when he got to the Royals, Cincinnati Royals, he was a very you know, he was a great player. He put up big numbers. He wins his title with Milwaukee with Leueu Sindor, and at the time, he wasn't Oscar. He was just a great floor general. But so you have people who will recognize Oscar, but then we don't recognize Wilt. Well. Oscar's playing against the same guys. Bill Russell's playing against the same guys that Wilt's playing against. But all of a sudden, it's like, yeah, but we don't count those stats. I think Wilt was too good. Therefore we don't acknowledge the stats like they can't be real because he wasn't playing against anybody, even though he's playing against the guys that Kuzy played against, and Russell played against, Oscar played against, Jerry West played again, elgend Baylor played against. We don't embrace Wilt because probably he didn't win enough his performance in big games. But you know, Babe Ruth, we acknowledge and he's playing, you know, against a segregated you know, baseball world. At the time, I don't know if these are plumbers or electricians, but Wilt was playing against the plumbers and electricians.
Speaker 8: I don't apparently, Babe Ruth was not. Yeah, Paula, you mentioned this one hundred times. But in that same vein Kareem had Jabbar. His peak was in the seventies and late seventies. He had six MVPs in ten years from sixty nine, I'm sorry, seventy to eighty. If he was four years younger, five years younger for his peak, everybody would have saw it on TV every week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, look at his numbers with Milwonk. They're silly.
Speaker 9: He was.
Speaker 2: I mean he would give you thirty five and eighteen.
Speaker 3: I mean he was.
Speaker 8: You're not exaggerating, you know, you throw it out thirty. He actually averaged thirty five and eighteen and five es like you threw it out as a fun number. It's thirty four point eight seventeen and a half. They didn't count blocks back then, but they estimated four and a half blocks.
Speaker 2: All right, let me take a break. Derrick Henry he will join us. He got to see Adam Sandler at the premiere and we'll find out his thoughts. Now. He's going to be in the next movie with Adam Sandler. We're back after this in The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 10: Hey, we're Covino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 10: We never have enough time to get to everything we want to get.
Speaker 11: To, and that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you blubber list lame and me.
Speaker 10: Well, you know what it's called over promise. You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years.
Speaker 11: Well, it's a Cavino and Rich after show, and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised.
Speaker 10: Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich. Make sure you check out over Promised and also uncensored, by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time.
Speaker 11: There you go, over Promising, Remember you could see on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen Over Promised with Cadino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Slipping a couple of phone calls here, Derrick Henry will join us. Uh, Stephen Virginia, Hi, Steve DP.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much for having me. I'm one of the many millions of people that listens every day just decides not to call in, but I couldn't help myself today. Welco up early to watch Happy Gilmore too. I'm Sandler's age, so I.
Speaker 4: Feel like I've grown up with his career.
Speaker 12: I can't believe how much you semi seal this movie. You're fabulous. Every few minutes you're showing up.
Speaker 3: I love you, it's all.
Speaker 12: I was excited to see what I thought was gonna be your forty five second cameo, and you're talking about Oscar Robinson Robertson.
Speaker 2: How about DP for an Oscar for this movie. Come on, little supporting actor.
Speaker 12: I loved it. All of your fans are gonna love this movie. And thank you for the performance and for all of the entertainment you've given us over the gosh thirty some ideas.
Speaker 13: I've been watching you.
Speaker 2: I love you, I love you. Thank you, Steve, very nice, very nice, Seaton. Didn't you have a poll question or potential one? Which movie character is best best resembles my personality?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Which which role that you've had is most like you? Okay, TV's Randall Morgan, that's from.
Speaker 2: That's my voice, that's my boy. Yeah, that was great.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: Tanner Patrick, I believe is your name from?
Speaker 3: Uh? Does that?
Speaker 7: Just go with it?
Speaker 3: Just go with it. Yeah.
Speaker 7: In Blended, I think you played a guy named Dick. I think that was the character's name.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was Greek.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what about and then the other option was autostor Loo. That's where you had the wig on what you heard that from?
Speaker 2: That was with David Spade, I think, and I wanted a haircut that resembled an Alabama quarterback.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I think, Tanner Patrick, you're that's the one where you're up on stage with Anniston and Kidman.
Speaker 2: You're fond of that character. They were up on stage with me. My apologies. Yes, of course it was my nightclub. Uh that or the police officer in the Longest Yard that that was that? Now I was allowed to add lib in that one. So many roles, so many great moments. Yes, Uh, he's Dereck Henry said to join us. So the last time Derek was on and he said, oh, I'm a big saidlor fan. This is at the end of the interview. And I said, hey, you rush for two thousand yards. I'll get you in the next Sandler movie. So he was excited. I mean, that is asking a lot to get into a movie. Rush for two thousand yards. So I reached out to Sandler and Sandler said, yeah, we'll put him in. And then all of a sudden, I see the premiere and some of the people at the New York City premiere with Have You Go More? Two, and I see Dereck Henry there. I'm thinking, Okay, maybe something's going on here, Derek Henry joining us on the program. How did it go when you saw Sandler at the premiere?
Speaker 14: Man, it was everything I imagine it to be a surreal moment because of you. So I appreciate you for even you know, making it all come about.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 14: Yeah, man, Adam just laid back, cool on down the earth dude. So it was it was cool man. Now I see why so many people like gravitate to him, man, because he seemed like he's a really good dude.
Speaker 2: How did you get invited to the premiere?
Speaker 14: Hey, Definix team reached out and seeing if it will be possible. It was a day day right before camp. But when they told me I want to permitted me, I was like, yes, I'm going. We're gonna make it happen some some way or another.
Speaker 3: I gotta go.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like you don't have to rush for two thousand yards this year.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, I saw that clip yesterday, which is pretty unique. I'm gonna still try to hold my deal up and that I can to go get it. But yeah, man, I can't include it in words.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 14: It just you know, like kid growing up watching Adam and you know, being able to represented with this and you know, I really was just telling you just to say hi, send a message for me, and look what it turned to, you know, So credit to you and the show and getting out there.
Speaker 3: But yeah, man, I ain't put it in the words.
Speaker 2: Did you get a picture with him?
Speaker 3: I gotta pick, yes, I gotta pick frame it. I might even get it, somebody k for sure.
Speaker 2: Now once you go in, you know you're in the movie, then you're going to see him. Then you just bring the picture with you. Then he'll autograph it for you.
Speaker 3: That's an event.
Speaker 14: See look at you, man, we might have start doing the weekly then you know how Aaron uh Pat macae.
Speaker 3: To come up to show.
Speaker 2: See you think Lamar Jackson makes plays? I mean I make plays there?
Speaker 3: Well you do. Yes, I always am indebtity to you.
Speaker 2: He's just a little faster than me. That's it, just a little faster. Who did you meet at the premiere That was exciting for you?
Speaker 14: Aside from Adam, I saw a lot of people that you know, you see on TV, A lot of celebrities guys are grew up watching. But I didn't want to bother nobody. I was just there, just you know, taking in the moment. Got to meet Adam and you know, just appreciative of being there. There's so many people there that I ain't want to be coming up to nobody just going hey, hey, what's up. No, I just you know, look look at him from my farm, be like, dang, that's that's cool. Which I've seen a lot of people there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 14: I got to be a lot of Adam, his his best friend, his producer, one of the producers that made water Boy, and I got I got to meet all of them, mainly like you know, I mean a lot of associates with Adam, which was which is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: And they all knew about the whole thing. They were talking about it.
Speaker 2: Because I don't know what the movie is gonna be. But do you want to play yourself or do you want to play a character?
Speaker 3: I don't. I mean whatever whatever I could do to get a role, I'm down. I don't care what well you're in.
Speaker 2: You're in. We we we established that yesterday. You're in, no matter what happens this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If I got to put on some gray hair and put a beard, mustache or.
Speaker 2: Not, maybe maybe you could be like Tyler Perry when he plays Medea. You could I could be I.
Speaker 3: Don't know that one man. Maybe I could be the uncle. He's an uncle. But I don't know what I did.
Speaker 2: Okay, how do you how did I look in the movie? How did I perform?
Speaker 3: You did good? Did a great job? Yeah, you look look like yourself?
Speaker 14: You did?
Speaker 3: You did a great job. I thought it was funny.
Speaker 2: And how would you rate the movie? Since you know comes out today?
Speaker 3: I would give off the first I to give more was a ten. I would give this.
Speaker 2: One a nine, A nine. Okay, right, we're talking to Derrick Henry the Ravens running back. I don't know if you saw this, it felt like there were a lot of conversations about maybe Nick Saban would come back and coach and coach in the NFL. Somebody even speculated the Cleveland Browns. What would what are your thoughts on coach Saban coaching in the NFL.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I couldn't see coach coming back to to coaching. I mean, I mean there's always a speculation, so you know, you can't really say, but I don't. I don't see it. I feel like you had a hell of a run. Like he's enjoying his free time and you know, doing TV, being on game day, on all these commercials. I think it has to be something really really, I guess meaningful, meaningful, meaningful to him to want to my retirement to pursue, but I just don't almost see it.
Speaker 2: What advice would you give to Miles Garrett? If Nick Saban would go to the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 3: To be ready to hit every day, then not. But I'm sure I'm sure he's used to that. But you know, I don't know.
Speaker 14: I mean, you know, going to the NFL or college, you know, ever, really philosophy changes, you know, depending on you know, him being away and you know, going to all the places, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, just a different change up for him. So might might change up when you get to the NFL.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. He not changing at his age, I know, but I.
Speaker 14: Mean times have changed, you see how you know him been in college with n I L I'm sure he wasn't too He didn't really like that too much, and you know it just it's a different time now than when he coaching the NFL until till now.
Speaker 3: So I mean, you know, you gotta adjust.
Speaker 2: So how bummed? How bummed are you that you missed out on NIL?
Speaker 3: I'm sure a lot of guys are kind of like you. Why couldnt have when you know I was in school?
Speaker 14: But I mean, I guess you know, things happen when it's supposed to happen, and I guess we opened the door to the guys that are getting it out. But it would have been nice to be able to have an I l if I was when I was in college.
Speaker 2: What kind of car did you drive in college?
Speaker 14: I had a.
Speaker 3: Red Challenger?
Speaker 2: Can you fit in that thing?
Speaker 3: I feel I made it work. I made it work. That's my first my first car car Red Challenge.
Speaker 2: But you don't have that anymore.
Speaker 3: I don't have it anymore.
Speaker 2: Now, what are you down? What are you driving?
Speaker 14: Oh? Dang, the put me on a spine. I got a eventally I have a Mercedes.
Speaker 3: Yes, those type of things.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's see see what you're doing.
Speaker 3: What about you? What do you about? What's your favorite car? What's your favorite car?
Speaker 2: I actually have a Kiya.
Speaker 3: I might I'm I'm I might have to give me one of those, like every day, give me a.
Speaker 2: Ki That's that's what I have. It's very sensible car. That's you know, that's that's what I wanted.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I do have some sports cars. I have Porsches.
Speaker 3: We see they would go.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I knew it was gonna come at some point in the big Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not a Rolls Royce.
Speaker 3: That's my drink.
Speaker 14: I always wanted to get one, and you know that that was the drink car. I guess I get to myself. It's something I always wanted.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what a that's what a big time celebrity drives. Or no, they actually have somebody drive them in their Rolls Royce.
Speaker 14: Yeah, then they might have more than one. They might have one and somebody drive them and they want to drive. But I'm not that big yet. I ain't got I ain't got to that point.
Speaker 2: Are you going to play in preseason?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. If do you want to that's what coach wants to do, then I not play.
Speaker 2: I know you want to.
Speaker 14: I mean I mean whatever, I can play or they don't want me to play. But football is football. It's it's season now. So you know what else required?
Speaker 2: Do running backs need practice?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes, wait wait but what are you gonna learn? You know? Everything? Like what are you practicing?
Speaker 14: I like, yes, I mean I'm in your team, but I always feel like it's like room to grow. I feel like it's always like I don't know, that's how I feel I feel like there's always you. You get better by reps, repetition, practice and all those things. I feel like for you to be able to be great, you got to go through those.
Speaker 3: Things to accomplish the things that you want to accomplish, and for good stuff to happen to work got to be put in. So, yes, you need to practice.
Speaker 2: Who's the best running back in the NFL?
Speaker 3: Besides myself?
Speaker 2: I would say, okay, you're better than sake one right.
Speaker 3: In my opinion. But I mean, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: That's the right answer, right answer? Does it feel good to get hit? Sometimes?
Speaker 14: The physicality of the game is always there is always some's Dromard rush.
Speaker 3: You get it, you get it. Never you get hit and go up there and make another play. It's the part of the game. So if you ever learned it, then ing last long.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't worry about the two thousand yards now because we you can concentrate on the season. I got the movie taken care of, So you just go out and I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 14: Almost try my hardest to get it, but I don't. I don't want to be handed to me. I got to earn it, you know, So tell if you talk to Adam again. No, I'm gonna I'm still gonna try my heartiest.
Speaker 2: Okay, all text him and tell him that you're gonna still try for it. You know, you affected You're gonna affect some fantasy drafts because people are like, damn, I got to get Derrick Henry. He's gonna get two thousand yards. I just don't want you to go ease off the accelerator now because now you're in the movie.
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 14: People have been righting me. I mean it's been crazy. Ever since that just came out. People have just been hit me up about that over and over again, which is cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you might get defensive players like t. J. Watt may say you're not getting in a Sandlor movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 14: I'm sure it's probably gonna be on everybody's bulletin board, and it's gonna be it's gonna be everywhere because it's already been everywhere.
Speaker 2: So good. You're gonna be a marked man. Yeah, They're coming after you and they're gonna knock the actor out of you. That's what they're gonna try to do. So but once again, I got you taken care of. We got the movie. Concentrate on football and uh thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Dan.
Speaker 14: It's always I also drugging on your show and hopefully well do this next week again.
Speaker 2: Take care right through. Let's make this a weekly appearance there. What is this Aaron Rodgers on McAfee. Let's go what's wrong with that?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paula Tuesdays with Derek.
Speaker 8: You know, it almost sounds like he's worried that he if he doesn't keep calling in talking with you, he won't end up in the movie. Like it's gotta be every weekday it. Make sure it goes well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Sam man, if he says it, then he does it. We'll take a break. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading damp. You can see uh meet Friday coming off the tragger grills as we speak. We're back after this Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: Ever since I was an it bo, I don't want no kind of a dundon. I took the street and I'll cop at that.
Speaker 2: What a great week, great week, A lot of fun. Gotta get out of the month of July. You know, it's one of the it's like no man's land when it comes to doing these shows. You're like, what are we talking about today? I don't know, Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 8: I think the NFL's Hall of Fame game is next Thursday night. The game is nothing, nothing ever happens. It's all like third stringers. But it feels like you've just gotten back home after a long vacation.
Speaker 2: It's been a long journey. Yes, we finally got back home. Finally. My thanks to uh Pennini America, the official trading cards of the program. Final results of the pole question Seaton, which movie role best resembles my real personality? Right now?
Speaker 7: Tanner Patrick is winning that one. You go to Dan Patrick dot com. You can see the link to follow along on that.
Speaker 2: We also have up there.
Speaker 7: NFL t camps, training camp stats and performances are meaningless or telling right now, eighty eight percent of the audience have them as being meaningless.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean they they mean something to those who are out there. As far as those trying to make the team, I don't know if it matters Daron Rodgers what he does in his seven on seven drill. I don't think so, but somebody's trying to make the team. I guess those stats do matter. David in La, Hi, David, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: Hey? Thanks for having me a long time, first time and I gotta do it five to nine UNSPLT one ninety. I wanted to connect the dots of the Manning family tree along with their relationship with the and the Haslums, and you know they're big ut people. Just think about it there, Murmur. A couple of years ago, with Dayton Manning becoming the president of the Browns, what if it all comes to fruition? And I just am curious of your take on that family lineage and becoming the Browns were so deprived.
Speaker 2: We yeah, but David, there's a lot of things that have to happen. If Arch Manning is that good, whoever has the number one pick? Are they going to trade that pick so the Browns can get Arch Manning? And is Arch Manning going to come out after this year? He'll come out after the next year. Maybe will the Browns be in position to get him? Is Nick Saban involved in? Like there's a lot of things that have to happen. It's not just the Browns are already on the clock. The question is is arch Manning coming out? Colin in Iowa?
Speaker 13: I Colin, Hi, Hi, I got a dilemma. Need you help out with?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 13: So this weekend when my good buddies wants to go to a Brewer game for his birthday and my lovely wonderful girlfriend Chloe shout out to her called me yesterday and said, I've got some Brewer gear for you if everybody else being Brewer gear. And I said, I love you, but I can't. I'm a lifeloung Cubs fan.
Speaker 6: I can't do that.
Speaker 13: I was just wondering, what do you think is the appropriate attire to wear something where it's neutral site.
Speaker 2: I would wear your Cub gear, do you think so? Yeah? Wait, you're a Cub fan and you're gonna be with Brewers fans. You can't wear Brewers gear. I mean the Cubs took your manager like, no, no, no, no, you can't. You can't wear Brewers gear.
Speaker 13: I was never wearing Brewers gear. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 2: I thought. She said she got you some Brewers gear.
Speaker 13: She said she has some if I want to. And I said I can't, and she said why not? And I thought I should call h have somebody else in my.
Speaker 2: Said yeah, yees, is she there?
Speaker 13: She's not, no, but I will definitely be showing her this later.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah. You can't know you can't wear Brewers gear. Where are your Cubs gear? You know, be proud fly the colors there this day in sports history, Paul, what do you have for me? Let's see, I got a couple in Worcester, Mass. Harvard and Yale freshman met in the first intercollegiate billiards match in eighteen fifty Harvard versus Yale billiards. Nineteen seventy eight, Pete Rose of the Reds brought the NL record for consecutive base hits. It was thirty eight straight games. And of course, in nineteen nine to nine, Lance Armstrong won the Towar de France. In two thousand and four, Lance Armstrong won is sixth to de France. On twenty ten, Baseball Hall of Fame honor John Fogerty for his songs center Field. He donated the baseball bat shape good g Tar to the museum. Didn't he play that guitar when he came into the New York Man Cave. I think he did. He also showed me he had a book, a little small book that was for lyrics of his song so all these great songs by John Fogerty and Creeden's Clearwater reviible. And he brought it in like a little notebook. I thought he was giving it to me, and I went, oh, my gosh, I can't take this. He goes, no, no, no, I'm not giving it to you. I'm like, oh, oh, okay, my bad. I'm thinking, dang, he's given me the notebook that he wrote some of these great songs. I don't know. Figured he wanted to put it in a place where a lot of people would see it, like my man Cave as opposed to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Let's go around the room, see if we learned anything. Toddle'll start with you learn anything.
Speaker 8: Growing up, Jimmy Graham wanted to be an F sixteen pilot, but at sixty seven in high.
Speaker 2: School, he realized a sports career with the way to Go. Yeah, he's pretty active in retirement. Seatan Yeah, Jimmy Graham really interesting guy. Yes, go across the Arctic Ocean. Uh got ten pilot licenses? Marvin, what did you learn today?
Speaker 3: Eric Henry wants to join us weekly?
Speaker 2: Paulie, what did you learn? Dereic Henry loves us Hottest Rookie's biggest superstars, The Old Time Great's the only place to collect them all. Panini Trading Cards the official trading cards of the DP Show, Instant Classics, autographed cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts and more. Starter continued collection now Panini America dot nem. I hope you enjoy the movie Happy Gilmore too out today. Have a great weekend everybody, and our pleasure to serve you for Fritzie Seaton, Marv, Paulie yours truly. We'll talk to you on Monday.