Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Our one on this Tuesday, Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick Show, Hockey Tomorrow, Basketball on Thursday night. And not a lot of faith in the Pacers. They probably prefer it that way. We will revisit the Knicks and what they do in the off season. We'll check in with them. Coming up next hour, final hour of the program. Just got a contract extension. Derrick Henry, the Ravens running back, will join us as well. Big anniversary today, Big anniversary if you guys want to guess the anniversary, Yes, Eton bigger than sausage Off, Bigger than sausage off yesterday with Todd.
Speaker 3: Really, Yes, this is a big one.
Speaker 2: Twenty three years, Paul, you and Todd working together?
Speaker 3: Yes, twenty three years.
Speaker 4: How did you survive that same month, same day?
Speaker 2: Emotional? But we'll probably exchange gifts. You know, I don't know what you get somebody for twenty three years, but it feels like fifty. So maybe I'll do a fifty year anniversary. Yes, it's very.
Speaker 5: Thoughtful of you to bring up, but it does remind us that three years ago Fritzy brought up that it was the twenty year anniversary to the day you guys work together. And we looked it up and that was a Sunday, so it couldn't have been the time.
Speaker 6: I thought it was June second. Polly looked it up Monday. It's June third. Okay, that's Sunday, June second.
Speaker 3: Well, here we are twenty three years later. How about that we're going wire to wire? I mean, I'm you know, you're all in on that ride or die? I'm with you. Are you going to retire when I retire?
Speaker 6: Financially I will probably need at least one more gig. But the question is what that next thing will be, and will it be in sports broadcasting or.
Speaker 7: Am I selling shoes? I'm not sure what? Am I going to work at them all? I'm not sure what's next?
Speaker 3: When do you start putting out feelers to.
Speaker 7: ESPN specifically ESPN You got me going back through?
Speaker 2: Yeah, your brother works there, you know, proximity to the home base.
Speaker 7: I don't have a timetable.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you want me as a reference?
Speaker 6: I would like that, sure, Okay, hope I earned enough that you would say a kind word if it came to that. It could be the different than getting a future job or not.
Speaker 2: All right, I'd be more than happy to do that. Why didn't you just reach out to them now?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just say right after the super Bowl in Atlanta, you'll be available.
Speaker 7: I think I have a little time before we got to.
Speaker 3: Goin that all right, fair enough.
Speaker 2: I just want to let you know that I'm ready to be that reference. Whatever you want. You want to love a lover, yes, you do.
Speaker 7: You always want to love them.
Speaker 2: So that was a combination between a letter and wait a minute, Uh okay.
Speaker 7: They I'll take the lever over the recommendation a cover letter.
Speaker 2: Cover letter is what I was going for. Do you want to cover letter or do you want me to uh? Just they call me?
Speaker 6: And then yeah, I think i'd want you to personally speak to each person instead of just sending a generic letter.
Speaker 3: Is anybody retiring when I retire, paul.
Speaker 5: Ish from this from this type of work, the daily studio show. I don't wouldn't want to do that type of work. They'd be very unlikely. I'd rather do something else more loose, but not this.
Speaker 2: Let's say Tony Reality came in and started hosting this in this show two and a half years.
Speaker 8: No Okay, I don't think I would do that.
Speaker 3: Marvin, you're too young to retire. Correct, Yeah, you're too young. I'll follow.
Speaker 5: It wouldn't matter the host. It wasn't Tony reality In my answer.
Speaker 4: No, I'm much more in the Todd line of things. I'm not even remotely close to financially able to retire. I don't even see that as a possibility in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards for The Dan Patrick Show. That is our stat of the Day twenty three years. Twenty three years ago today, I met Todd Fritz and he was a sign to work with me, and.
Speaker 6: We knew of each other, but well, I definitely knew of you, but like you know, there were times where, like back in other shows I worked on in LA, I would work with your producers for guest things even before we officially got together.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Todd.
Speaker 2: Well his first Hour brought to you by Rapid Radios, the official walkie talkie of The Dan Patrick Show. I can't blame Todd. I gotta blame myself. I brought it up, even though Todd did. He sends me these emails and then he'll go happy twenty three years.
Speaker 3: Exclamation, Paul, it'll be a nice thing.
Speaker 6: Right before you went on the air to put that out there, I didn't mention it while you were We were busy doing other things before the.
Speaker 2: Show, and then I didn't respond, and then, you know, Todd will sometimes drop a piece of paper as I walked by, and it'll go happy twenty three years.
Speaker 7: It wasn't done for you to like announce it on the air.
Speaker 6: That's you know, it was as passive aggressives that might seem you know, that could have been between the two of us, or I would have said it on the air if I wanted to say.
Speaker 3: Okay, why didn't you just pull me side this morning?
Speaker 7: I could have, but we were busy. We had things to do. You know, we're getting ready.
Speaker 2: I'm never too busy to celebrate with you. They're a good actor, win or lose. We celebrate time.
Speaker 7: Am I doing so far today?
Speaker 3: If you're doing great, I'm gonna give you a B plus?
Speaker 4: Right, I'll work on that, right, Yes, Todd, do you have this stuff written down in a calendar or is it just in your head?
Speaker 7: A lot of it's in my head. Something like that. I don't. I wouldn't forget.
Speaker 6: There's other dates and things I'll sometimes shot down, like I've got an appointment with the urologist August fifth or something like that. I'll put that in my little notebook. But for something like June third, oh two, that's that's kind of stuck.
Speaker 7: In my mind.
Speaker 2: Visit rapid radios dot com rupt to sixty percent off and free shipping.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 5: Is there a lot longer partnership in sports media history than you and Todd continuous?
Speaker 2: Well, keep this in mind that around the horn, you know, they went out in a blaze of glory after how many years?
Speaker 3: Twenty three?
Speaker 8: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Todd and I have had ournd on the horn here in the last twenty three years.
Speaker 3: Congratulations that time.
Speaker 7: Congraduations to both of us and to all of us. Yeah, it's a pretty special thing. Yes, And somehow you're able to keep your mental health for the most part with me having to deal with me twenty three years. That's a that's a statement.
Speaker 3: You know what. I'm honored. I'm honored to have been able to work with you all these years.
Speaker 7: It's a wonderful kind thing to say. I feel the same way. Yeah, getting a little teary eyed.
Speaker 3: Now, will you cry the final show?
Speaker 7: I might. I'm emotional like that. I know you are about a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yesh, I think we all are.
Speaker 6: Some of us don't like to necessarily admit it, but I will freely, you know, express myself.
Speaker 2: Well, it's because I care. I mean, that's that's why I'll cry. But if you don't cry, then what's that tell me?
Speaker 6: If I realized towards the end of that lest year that I haven't cried, that I'll price because of Datoman and splash the water under my eyelids or something to make it look like I'm even more emotional.
Speaker 3: And I'll take that. As an actor, I'll take that.
Speaker 7: It's still an effort, yeah, trying to show something.
Speaker 3: It's content, That's what it is.
Speaker 9: Yes, Marvin, I already got some corny lined up.
Speaker 10: While I'm tearing up during the last episode, I'm gonna say, don't don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Speaker 7: Wow, they can tea shirt. Okay, I love that.
Speaker 4: I like that, all right, Yes, Seed, I'm more curious if it's going to be exactly the five of us on that very last day.
Speaker 2: Do you think that there's a chance. Okay, wow, wow.
Speaker 5: There's nothing going on, all right? No NBA Finals?
Speaker 3: Who is most likely to not be here? What is that? February of twenty twenty eight, the Super Bowl in Atlanta? Yeah, see, I think you should uh split that into two categories. Okay, who is most likely to not hear be here? Dot dot dot by their own chosen or not? No, no, no, we're getting somewhere.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: If I was getting rid of some buddy, I would have gotten rid of him a while ago.
Speaker 3: You know, that's just a little curve bar. It is.
Speaker 1: Todd.
Speaker 3: Who do you think might not be here by the end?
Speaker 11: May?
Speaker 3: Well, No, I'm going around the room.
Speaker 6: Do I have to provide a reason? I can just throw a name, You can throw it a name, I'll say Paulie.
Speaker 7: But I just I don't have any specific reason for anybody to leave before we get to the name of the race.
Speaker 2: Don't you have to have a reason. If you're throwing out Paul's name, he'll have.
Speaker 6: Some kind of super financial opportunity and you will understand that it's a decision they had to make and he couldn't wait till late twenty seven or early twenty twenty eight to make that decision, and it was a big opportunity, something he really wanted and much like mcleven you were understanding about.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have told the dan ch if something comes up that you really want to do and you can better your life than great, I would never stand in the way of that Seatan who do you think if you think anybody might not be here in February of twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Might guess it would be Paul. So he's got his hands in a lot of different things. I could imagine one of those pulling him away, all right, Marvin.
Speaker 9: Paula for the exact same reason, seat and said.
Speaker 5: Paul, I got to finish this cycle. Here are you picking you? I would, but not as blatantly or flippantly. There's been you know, I think we've all had chances. But if you take something for just for the money, you know, like this is what we have especial I'm not pandering here. It's to leave this.
Speaker 9: You better know.
Speaker 5: It's way better, you know what I mean? The daily lifestyle, Well, it won't be better, but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It'll be different. Yes, it'll be different than it could be.
Speaker 2: More lucrative, or it could be the proximity of where you're working, or the challenge of something.
Speaker 3: I understand all of those things. Yeah, yes, absolutely, yeah see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, this is certainly a unique environment. There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 3: You're not going to get another one of these phone number.
Speaker 2: By the way, eight seven to seven three DP show operator Tyler is sitting by. He'll take your phone calls, play the day, poll, question, stat of the day, all of that forthcoming. So the NBA Finals Thursday night and the Stanley Cup Final is Wednesday. Did we ever figure out who got it right with finals in final checking? Because they're both seven game series are slated to be a seven game series, which would denote plural, but then there's only one final, yes, put Yeah.
Speaker 5: We emailed a English professor at Dartmouth a couple years ago and he leaned towards final singular because it is an event, it's not a series of finals. Oh and so Stanley Cup final will be grammatically correct.
Speaker 2: Okay, should we reach out to the NBA this morning if they like to change it.
Speaker 3: No, don't do it, Todd, I know you'll do it. Don't do it. No, No, I know don't do it. It's okay.
Speaker 2: Pacers are still getting nine in the opener at ok.
Speaker 3: All right, Seaton Poll question, what do we have today? At least starting out?
Speaker 4: Well, we got two right here from Paul uh more if he start Stefan Diggs in New England or Bill Belichick at North Carolina who hammer?
Speaker 3: Oh and sorry other also and there might not be another. Just in case there's.
Speaker 2: Another, I'm going to hold off on that one after the commercial break because this Stefan Diggs thing, Now, he did show up for camp, but I don't think he's spoken to the media. And if you remember the media, uh when when Tom Kerran raises his hand, I'm hoping that he's going to say, uh, what was in the bag? What was that pink stuff you had on the boat with Cardi b By the way, Bill Belichick's out is now a million dollars.
Speaker 3: It went down at the beginning of June.
Speaker 2: Justin he's he's less hirable for an NFL team.
Speaker 3: Now, Oh, yes.
Speaker 5: I'm not really surprised Dig showed up to OTAs he always performs. Between the light light lines well, well, too simple, I guess, well the.
Speaker 3: Lines were pink though, Yeah, Chief shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this had nothing to do with Breast cancer Awareness month for the NFL with players wearing pink. Okay, shots aren't fired word lines, I know, and we like stuff on Diggs. He's a great guest when he comes on the show. Oh my goodness. All right, let me see what else? So we have that one that's a that's a hammer. That's a hammer to start out with.
Speaker 3: What's the yes, marm we.
Speaker 9: Bury the lead? What the Colorado Rockies?
Speaker 3: They won?
Speaker 9: They sure did, Yeah, they did.
Speaker 2: They've got double digit victories. We'll talk about that coming up. I wonder, and of course I've been in a gambling rehab for a long long time, but if I was betting on the second half of the season with the Rockies, I'd be curious. I garn't the odds with them to be better in the second half of the season. Can we run some numbers and maybe ask the DraftKings if they have something of and how many games they played? Sixty games, so the season's one hundred and sixty two, so got a little bit of time before we get to the second half of the season. I'd be curious what the odds would be for the like the victory total second half of the season. Okay eight seven seven three DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show. Big news out of Detroit. They lost their All Pro center for Ragnow aged twenty nine, Second team All Pro announces his retirement.
Speaker 3: This is a big deal. It's a really big deal.
Speaker 2: But at age twenty nine, he's leaving over twenty million dollars on the table. He made fifty million dollars in his career, but this is a super Bowl caliber contending team and he has decided to retire. Nflotas are underway. Still no sight of Aaron Rodgers in Pittsburgh. It's got to be by the end of the week. I think it has to be because then camp starts and he's got to be there.
Speaker 3: Got to be there, And.
Speaker 2: By all accounts, it still feels like, you know, Pittsburgh's been kind of quiet, you know that they know something that we don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess because I'd be a little.
Speaker 2: Bit nervous if I have a rookie out of Ohio State and I got Mason Rudolph there, like who is Will Howard that they draft and they like him, but I don't know if he's ready to step in and play and compete for a playoff spot with this team. So all right, we'll take a break, get phone calls coming up. Just getting started here, Dan and the Dana and Stan Patrick Show once again, Todd, Happy anniversary.
Speaker 7: Happy anniversary.
Speaker 3: Then alright, we're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 12: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together. We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 13: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 12: Why should you listen to Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 13: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 12: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 13: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years still work together. I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 12: So check us out. We like to get you involved too. Take your phone calls chop it up as they say.
Speaker 13: I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 12: Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific.
Speaker 13: And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Only one team has had better odds to win the NBA Championship starting the NBA Finals. That was Golden State a few years ago. The Thunder big favorites against the Pacers, favored by nine opening up on Thursday nine. The others are slight favorites over the Panthers in the Stanley Cup Final eight seven to seven three. DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com Twitter handle at DP show. I mentioned the Lions losing their all pro center Frank Ragnow, who is twenty nine years of age. Now you lose both coordinators offense and defensive coordinators who became head coaches, and now you lose your starting center. You're getting Aiden Hutchinson back, so that's great. News, But losing your center for a team that doesn't have a mobile quarterback and you have two really good running backs that they depend on that offensive line. Obviously tough division as well. We know the Packers are good, we know the Vikings have been really good, and the Bears eventually have to get good. But that's a big blow here in the off season. I was wondering about this if I'm a member of the Boston media. Now Stefan Diggs, who was photographed or videotaped, I should say, with a baggie that can contain some kind of a pink substance there. Now there's speculation of what that is. But to be fair to the story, to the situation, I won't venture into that territory. But I still have to ask Stefan Diggs about this. Now, the Patriots don't have to make him available, but he just got there. Now, maybe in August when all they have to say is, hey, you know, Stephan will talk to you, but it's only football related items. Now they can say that that doesn't mean that you have to you know, acquiesk and go Okay, I'm going to be hands off here. This can go away. This can go away. If he plays good football. Now, I don't know what the NFL does with this. Now we can talk about the Patriots. If I'm the NFL, I at least have to inquire what's going on because he's a member of the Patriots.
Speaker 3: But you still have to ask that question or questions.
Speaker 2: And if you're Stephan Diggs, what do you say, Hey, I'm just here to talk about football. You can say that, but you can't say that to the NFL. If the NFL is interested in this, which I would assume they would be. But if I show up and I'm a member of the media, and I'm sure you're going to get the head of their PR department saying, hey, only football related questions.
Speaker 3: They can tell you that.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean that you have to go, Okay, I'm not going to ask there's an elephant, a pink elephant in the room.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 5: The new head coach Mike Rabol briefly addressed it last week. He said they're aware of it. He didn't say what it was. He just had a we're aware of it, and they need players to make quote, great decisions on and off the field.
Speaker 8: That's all he touched on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then there was talk that, you know, Scott Zolak, who is one of their analyst radio analyst, former quarterback, he said, you know that they have cause to be able to cut him. I don't know what the contract states, but I would imagine if you're caught with something that would be illegal and then they could cut you.
Speaker 3: He just got there.
Speaker 2: I didn't like the signing because I don't and once again, Stefan Diggs has been nothing but polite, generous, funny, engaging every time he's come on the show. And but this is football. This is a decision, and that's where I have to draw the line between somebody I like with would I have signed him? It's like Dak Prescott. Dak has been wonderful when he's been on the show. Would I have signed him to that contract extension? I would not.
Speaker 3: But in this situation, you got Drake may in his second year.
Speaker 2: I don't want him having a Devo wide receiver because we saw this when Baker Mayfield was there with OBJ and he I thought was always looking out to make OBJ happy and Jarvis Landry to me, was a better wide receiver and I thought it hurt Baker Mayfield. Drake may it's hard enough to play that position. They haven't really surrounded you with a whole lot of talent at the skilled position. But I don't I didn't want to have Stephan Diggs in there at his age and he's got to get his touches and the whole drama that goes along with that. I want Drake May to be able to develop his own receivers instead of you're inheriting somebody that a team moved on from, and he went to a team after another team moved on from him. That would be a concern for me, not just what happened on the party boat with Cardi Cardi B. It would be I'm taking a guy coming off an injury, he's over thirty years of age.
Speaker 3: That's a recipe for disaster. Yeah, poem.
Speaker 5: If Stephan Diggs ends up talking to the media at the start of actual camp in late July, how can the Patriots media handle this?
Speaker 8: How should they handle this?
Speaker 2: Well, you got to ask, there's only so much that you know you can work on or go with. You know you're going to get a source on the yacht. You can speculate on what he was holding, but once again, you don't have the tangible evidence there. The NFL could bring him in and say what exactly was that, and then he might have to answer some pretty tough questions. But I don't know if the NFL is even investigating here. I haven't heard anything or seen anything. And this might be where the NFL goes. Why don't you guys handle this? You know, he's yours. If it gets bigger, then will come in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, it does kind of feel like a team thing. It does, but then when does it become an NFL thing? This is a big story, it is. But you know when you have a famous rapper Cardi B involved in this on a yacht, they're videotaping and he's got a powdery substance with him, with all the speculation of what is that pink powdery substance, it's kind of a big deal.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The problem is like, well, not everybody, but there's a lot of people who immediately knew what that fat substance was.
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 2: I did inquire and I went, oh uh oh yes. Then that's why I thought, does it become an NFL thing?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: We have our poll question or we going to go with Pauli's poll question of Stefan Diggs and Bill Belichick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going with that one.
Speaker 4: And then we also have a NFL team that could drop off this season. We started talking about this before the show and are we categorizing drop off as missing the playoffs?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: This list is based on teams that are completely expected to make the postseason. Which would shock you the most or which could maybe? Which is most likely to miss the playoffs? This up from a year one of them has to.
Speaker 13: Do.
Speaker 3: We have a list of candidates here we do. Ye, Okay. My thought was the Chiefs.
Speaker 8: You don't have the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: I think the Chiefs could miss the playoffs this year.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 4: I think they had a lot of one score wins last year, when usually when that when you squeak by opponents, I feel like that usually drops off rather than gets better, especially when your key players have aged even more. Travis Kelcey kind of limped to the finished last season. Patrick Mahomes certainly getting older. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs fell off this year.
Speaker 2: Wow, for a team that went fifteen and two. By the way, Travis Kelcey I think came in twenty five pounds lighter than at the end of last season?
Speaker 3: Is this an early hot take?
Speaker 7: Game?
Speaker 3: Preseason hot take?
Speaker 8: Quite hot?
Speaker 2: Is this is up there now? Normally we do it? Oh well the music started? Okay, So Seaton doesn't have the Kansas City Chiefs making the playoffs. All right, we can do this and then revise this at the end of August, or maybe we do it again in July.
Speaker 3: So Todd, everybody.
Speaker 2: Gets one hot take of a team that you would expect to make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't make the playoffs.
Speaker 7: I'm going to say the Los Angeles Rams, Okay, missed the.
Speaker 3: Playoffs, okay, Seatans got the Chiefs.
Speaker 10: Marvin the Minnesota Vikings, ooh, okay, we'll not make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see where you're going with that. Well, JJ McCarthy all out there, Paul.
Speaker 5: Can I go opposite on that one with Marvin? I think the Minnesota Vikings will win the NFC North Ball of the balls, all of the balls that all game.
Speaker 3: How about flinch ball? Flynch ball?
Speaker 5: Okay, Paul, I do have some stats to back up with Seatons saying about the Chiefs. They were fifteen to two last year, but they only outscored their opponents by fifty nine points on the entire season, which is quite low. The Broncos won ten games. They outscored their opponents by one hundred and fourteen. The Bills thirteen and four outscored their opponents by a hundred and sixty points. So the Chiefs close games all season. Okay, thesis BacT.
Speaker 3: Who is your team that will not make the plan?
Speaker 5: Oh? Oh man, the Commanders.
Speaker 4: Yes, there was a preseason Lions suggestion. I want to say to somebody, threw out the Lions. I think that was the whole jumping off point of this conversation. Oh, because they lost their center and they lose their coordinators, so I'll throw the Lions into Okay, I have been on this.
Speaker 2: I don't think the Commanders replicate what they did last year, just because they were great in one score games and it's hard to you know.
Speaker 3: Sustain that. So I would say the Commanders kind of begrudgingly.
Speaker 2: But I love the story. You know, it's one of those if you do make the prediction, I got my not rooting for it, but it just might happen.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, Marton, you had.
Speaker 10: The Commanders as one of the teams on scholarship this upcoming season around okay.
Speaker 2: But I had them as one of the surprise teams last year, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 2: You want to retract it now, I'll stay with it because I've been saying it that it's just hard to have these one score games. You know, I can see Mahomes and the Chiefs winning these one score games because they've been involved in so many of them. But you know, Jayden Daniels second year, does he have a little dip like CJ.
Speaker 3: Stroud did? Maybe m.
Speaker 2: The Belichick buyout? I think it June first went down to a million dollars, and but once again, I don't think he's hirable for any NFL franchise because of what you're getting.
Speaker 3: Oh, the music is started. Back up?
Speaker 9: What team will Bill Belichick coach next?
Speaker 3: I think you'll coach North Carolina. That's it.
Speaker 2: Hey, why would I turn my team if the Falcons didn't do this when they could have. There are other teams that could have said, hey, Bill, take over. But there's no openings in June. It's not like you're waiting for a quarterback to get injured and then you're gonna go and play for that team. But I just don't I don't see him being hired anyplace else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paul, can't you get Bill Belichick on the cheap now? Like it's damaged goods, Like it's a stock that's undervalued.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think it costs you. And it may not be the money, but it's going to be costly because of everything you're bringing in that's you're bringing in the circus.
Speaker 5: But let's say hypothetically, the New York Giants don't get any better.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, I don't the greatest coach of all time. I don't want him running my team.
Speaker 2: And he wants to be the GM, or if he doesn't, you know, or he wants to be the GM, you don't want him to be the GM.
Speaker 3: No, this is a mess. No no, no, no, can't.
Speaker 2: And it's not like she's just gonna be on, you know, go away and not be around this.
Speaker 3: She's his muse. It's a packaged deal here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if Carolina wins twelve games, would it be the Music City mIRC.
Speaker 7: Muse or if I would have said that, I would have.
Speaker 3: Well, that's easily the rest of the week, is that one mom to.
Speaker 8: Muse?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, if it was in Tennessee, yeah, then maybe if that was yeah, Titans, that was terrible.
Speaker 3: You just had to squeeze that one in there, didn't you. You couldn't just he Actually I actually emailed to say that, No, you didn't know, you didn't.
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm gonna blame this one on Todd too. Who's Bill Belichick's favorite NFL quarterback?
Speaker 9: Jordan Love?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 14: Okay, Man, thank you, Marvin Damn so yet adversary show who doesn't survive the next three years?
Speaker 3: Jordan Love?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 3: All right? Thames Jordan, No, no, my god, no, I got it. I got it. Damn damn three.
Speaker 7: Piece, damn three piece.
Speaker 3: Andrew in Washington, Hi Andrew, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 15: Good morning, Dan Dennis, thanks for taking my call. I had an NBA question and a question for Todd. The NBA question is to go around the room. It has to do it to Paul George Invitational that starts on Thursday, which draftee from the twenty twenty NBA draft has the chance to become the first two time NBA champion in this finals.
Speaker 16: I got to recuse Marvin. He probably knows the answer.
Speaker 3: What are we talking like, Alex Caruso.
Speaker 17: Actually, it's our Man number two pick of twenty twenty draft, James Wiseman started the season with the Indiana Pacers, scored six points pop to the Achilles Tendon was traded at the deadline, but could Ben wait with a ring if Indiana wind My question for Todd is, Todd, let's play best and worst. What has been your best time in twenty three years with Dan? What has been your worst time in twenty three years with Dan?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: This is a more of a general answer comes to mind, But best is the camaraderie and how I know, I can't think of a specific moment. Maybe meeting Tim Tebow is exciting at the super Bowl, but that's not really it imitating Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 7: For Shannon Sharp, I have.
Speaker 9: To it's twenty three years.
Speaker 7: It doesn't something doesn't just jump to the top of my head. I was going to say something more like.
Speaker 3: Meeting Tim Tebow that was kind of a big deal.
Speaker 6: Oh, I wanted to say some more along the lines of the camaraderie and how you know, the team efforts involved with the show.
Speaker 3: That's not a moment that that's that's that Andrew was talking about. It was there a moment, a specific moment.
Speaker 7: During my Hank Williams Junior Monday Night Football song. I enjoyed getting dressed up in the Cowboy out and doing that. That's a series of moments doing my rap video super Bowl rap videos as te Frizzle. I enjoyed that a lot with the girls dancing around me.
Speaker 3: Mark in Vegas, Hey Mark, what's on your mind?
Speaker 16: Hey? How you guys doing that? I want to talk about what you guys should do after you guys retire. I think you guys have many great stories. I think you should make a sitcom kind of like How I Met your mother, but we something like that. I would love to see the backstory about dam eys stuff like that.
Speaker 2: All right, well, we kind of do a sitcom every day for three hours. But thank you Mark. Yeah, this isn't scripted. It's just kind of well, sitcoms are scripted, but this is just a our life for three hours each day.
Speaker 7: If there was a script that I would have much better answer.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Cody in Texas, Hi, Cody, what's on your mind?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 6: Dan?
Speaker 16: You know with with in the past two weeks, we've had to say goodbye around the Horn and with the NBA on tanc Let's let's pan all this retirement talks. Okay, I can't take it emotionally right now, you know, let's just down the road. Look, it's still real to me.
Speaker 3: Dammit, thank you, Cody. I'm going to give you a bloop for that.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't like bringing it up, but I would rather just bring it up because I don't want it to build up until that last week and then all of a sudden that you know, we walk away.
Speaker 10: Yes, Martin, is the final show Friday of super Bowl Week in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: I think so. Okay, I think so, I think so, I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know, we started it was going to be at the end of only twenty seven, is going to be Christmas Eve. And then my boss, uh said, hey, well, why don't you just end it in Atlanta? Your career started in Atlanta CNN and I go, okay, and then we could go to the super Bowl, have fun, hang out, and uh then we just end the show on that Friday. But we have a lot of time before then, a lot of time.
Speaker 3: Just want to just.
Speaker 2: Let everybody know what are the Danants going to do when it you know, who's going to come in and uh, you know be the new host, right now I don't have any answers to any of that.
Speaker 3: One time.
Speaker 7: I've been practicing for my next job. So for ninety nine cents more, you can supersize the fries and get a large drink if you want.
Speaker 2: There is no way you could work at a fast food restaurant because.
Speaker 6: I would be eating the stuff that's in the back there, or because I would just get too nervous while they're all lined up and I'm not getting the dip and the stuff fast enough.
Speaker 2: You couldn't take the pressure at pressure, not take the pressure, and you would talk to if somebody cu came in, you would take her order.
Speaker 7: Let's go, where's my barbecue sauce?
Speaker 9: Can you go to spot number two?
Speaker 7: We'll bring that out in a little while.
Speaker 3: Will there.
Speaker 2: There's just no way, no way. It would be great to see I'd love to see you in the drive through at McDonald's.
Speaker 7: Dude, I said no on the corner pound.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: So I told them I don't know whether.
Speaker 3: You know what I can make that happen.
Speaker 5: I think we could call a franchise and do a day in the life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, maybe our next road trip. We'll see if we can have you do drive through.
Speaker 6: Burning myself on the oil with the little basket with the French frise, A third degree burns on my arm and I'm supposed to stick your army man. That's what the basket hold onto the handle.
Speaker 7: That could get very messy.
Speaker 8: Thank you to how many years left?
Speaker 3: Just take a break. Play the day up next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 5: Oh my God.
Speaker 3: Of the day, left my God. This is the play of the day.
Speaker 7: Check this out.
Speaker 11: Fly Ball right field, deep down the line, hooking by.
Speaker 3: The foul pole.
Speaker 11: Gone, second home run of the game for Carry Carpenter's twelfth of the year. Another two run shot. Tiger's having some fun now. Fly ball right center field, deep, Robert's back at the fence, looking up, he leaves and it's gone home run.
Speaker 2: Play homer night for Carry Carpenter, courtesy of the Tigers Radio Network. The first Tiger to homer three times in a single game since twenty sixteen when Victor Martinez did it.
Speaker 3: That's your play of the day.
Speaker 2: Play of the Day brought to you by Maco your car could probably use a little TLC. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC. Bring him into Maco and it's like a car SPA affordable paint jobs like collision repairs. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get MAKO early poll results there Seaton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got two of them right now.
Speaker 4: One of them got a big reaction from the room, the others getting a big reaction I think from the audience. Let's see more if he starts. Stefan Diggs and the Patriots are Bill Belichick in North Carolina. Right now, Bill is running away with that one at about seventy percent. Yeah, okay, And then we also have the NFL team that will drop off this season and miss the playoffs. The options there were Chiefs, Commanders, Rams, Vikings.
Speaker 3: You want to guess.
Speaker 4: Rams right now, the Vikings have fifty one percent of that vote. Dang, followed by the Commanders at twenty four percent.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You don't know what to expect from JJ McCarthy, and I think probably it stems from the way he was used at Michigan. Great defense is always running game, and then JJ would sprinkle in some passes and then you're thinking Okay, in the NFL, you've got to be able to throw the ball. And I don't know if we've seen a large enough sample size where you go, hey, I know exactly what this guy's going to be all about. By the way, here's a fun fact for you. This quarterback is ten and Oh versus Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, Jaden Daniels, and Matthew Stafford ten and Oh in his career. If you said Jalen hurts, you would be correct. Still feels like we begrudgingly put him in as a top ten quarterback. He he doesn't have the numbers, but he does have the wins. And is he with the perfect team for him? Absolutely, because I don't think he needs to be a mad bomber.
Speaker 3: I think that he can provide.
Speaker 2: You know, it's nuanced really with what you see from him, because there are times and when he gets to the playoffs, he's put up some big games, but there are times during the regular season where he just doesn't look like he's a really good passer. But that's a really good team and that's why sometimes it's hard to judge that. Where you go, is it the quarterback or is it the team? Did the quarterback make the team or the team making the quarterback? In Philadelphia, the team has made the quarterback, but he has stepped up in big moments. But we love these top tens. Who's a top ten quarterback? Who's eleven, who's top five? And I mean Patrick Mahomes hasn't put up great numbers the last couple of years. If we did regular season, Patrick Mahomes hasn't been great. We know what he does when game is on the line you get to the postseason. But he's also it's a completely different offense the way it used to be. You know, if you it's more ball control. You don't have home runs with Tyreek Hill. You know, Kelsey and Isaiah Pacheco. They play good defense. But sometimes we get caught up in these numbers and uh, but I look at team's success. I have to look at team success. Because you can put up great numbers, that doesn't mean you're a great quarterback. But when your team is really good, then and you know, I have to defer to that quarterback for that team. If that team is really good. You know, Jared Goff never gets credit. It feels like but he's a really he's accomplished. He's been to a Super Bowl, an NFC title game. It's not an accident.
Speaker 3: He's a good He's a really good quarterback.
Speaker 2: Now is he a top ten I don't even know if he's the Is he the best quarterback in his own division? No, Like Jordan Love, I have no idea. I still don't like. He's had moments where you go, man, he is great. You're paying him top five money. I just don't see the consistency yet. And I think they're an enigma when it comes to what I expect from them. I think Caleb Williams figures it out eventually with the help of his coach.
Speaker 3: JJ McCarthy. Have no idea.
Speaker 2: You've got a great You've got a great head coach and helping him, and you got a couple of really good you got maybe the best receiver in football that'll help him as well. But when it comes to quarterbacks, Jalen hurts he wins these games. Can't argue with that. All have more phone calls coming up, Get another poll question in there. For hour two, we'll check in with the Knicks. Are they thinking about making a big move here in the off season, Should they make a big move in the off season?
Speaker 3: Hour two on this Tuesday, right after this