Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: This ain't the little itty bitty teeny tiny Bowl, this is Super Bowl fifty nine. Get in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of Super Bowl fifty nine. Scoring touchdown is key to hoisting best Lombardi Trophy, and you have a shot to score big by betting on them at Draft King Sportsbook, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, try betting on something simple like a player to scored six. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bet. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app. Use code Money Moves. That's code money Moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus best instantly when you bet just five bucks only on Draft King Sportsbook.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred Gambler dot neat. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Woostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious voice on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister boost Mobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boost Mobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your there's boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speeds not available in all areas.
Speaker 2: Say Kwan Barkley got a new chain one birthday after winning Supercow after winning the super Bowl, the twenty six pendant.
Speaker 3: That's over two hundred calories.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's Benning the jeweler, Benning, Jul Benn and Juli Nice.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, I think you I'll see I'll see a lot of celebs. I went on this page today. I checked them out.
Speaker 3: I think Cardi b has purchased some pieces from him.
Speaker 6: I think Usher got his upiece from him, a.
Speaker 1: Benning of Julia.
Speaker 5: If you see this, I need a picket ring. I need a picky ring for April, baby. I let you boy, I need a good deal. I need something nice, something real nice and got something nicer.
Speaker 1: Guy, you hear me?
Speaker 2: Oh, I know that thing that that's about two hundred three three two three four the no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no not that much, not that much, not that much.
Speaker 5: I mean that that's about maybe maybe about ninety one twenty, maybe about ninety thou hundred twenty, you know.
Speaker 3: I ain't got it? Got it?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yoh you go you got oh you got you got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He hey, Chad, y'all siting Benny the Benny the jeweler, tell him, I need a pinky ring, man, I need a pinky ring for the tour. No, just to I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: You get that bit of the jeweler piece, I'm gonna give me one of more, Tom Brady, watch it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just getting a picky ring, that's all, Tom. No, that's a hundred thousand. You don't need that.
Speaker 5: Oh you don't even wear diamonds. What did you talk about? Doctor?
Speaker 1: Y'all would have stopped y'all feeling that you Okay, okay, I see you, I see you, and this is right there looking and you can't you can't have money.
Speaker 3: Boy, you said it right now. That's that. That's that. That Tiffany, that new thing that just came out for Tiffany.
Speaker 1: That wait, well I can't it looks it was just look plain though.
Speaker 3: What is the play?
Speaker 5: I see them, I see them back years. Oh oh it's different on East Side. Yeah, okay, okay, okay, okay, you.
Speaker 3: Little something I picked up.
Speaker 2: I like a little crippled gift here now ideas like when I got it for.
Speaker 1: Criminal Okay, okay, okay, I got it for that's it.
Speaker 5: I'm out of gas now. He here speaking speaking speaking of the holiday. Listen, Valentine coming up, boy, you got your valancide?
Speaker 1: Oh I know you guys are your Oh really I saw a real little humble baby.
Speaker 2: Oh you said, oh your one time picked me up for a helicop a helicopter.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah. I don't play.
Speaker 5: I don't play when it comes to holidays, like if like if we are at times helicopters, you know, shopping spreeze. You know we do Chanel store. Now I see this is the problem. We ain't together right now. So you still got to huh you got oh Joe, you still got to do that.
Speaker 3: You gotta do that. Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: Hold on, whoa, whoa hoa time out. Chat y'all, Chat y'all with me. Yeah you still help you with your stuff? Oh yeah, now listen listen. That is I have a question. Now, chat y'all, listen to me. I have I have businesses, you know, stuff that's going on away from nightcap, away from football. She keeps everything in order for me because I know, going on, like, got fifty leven jobs, so she keeps all my ducks in the road, so I'm able to travel and things are.
Speaker 3: In order to break you gotta break off.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, how much of the breaking off do I do? As far as going out, going out and doing things.
Speaker 2: At least at bare minimal talk to bare minimum, ten to fifteen.
Speaker 1: Fifteen hundred dollars, ten to fifteen, you know, five on.
Speaker 5: Fantasized, even though even though she let me now understand her taking care of my business and making sure everything's straight despite us not being together. But you think, yeah, chat, what y'all think.
Speaker 3: I would listen.
Speaker 5: I remember one time, not too long ago, I went, I'm talking about winning was rough. I'm talking when it just happened. I tweeted out I needed an assistant because I thought, well, damn, I got all this stuff going on. If she's out the picture, I ain't gonna be able to do all that. And obviously she like, you know, what do you do it all?
Speaker 1: Not on good terms?
Speaker 5: I'm still gonna make sure everything is okay, and she's done that today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we look.
Speaker 2: If I tell you I'm gonna do something I will see in this, I will seeing this cheeck one time.
Speaker 3: Wute your and uh.
Speaker 2: Her girlfriend was gonna get married, but it was gonna be a destination wedding, and so she's like, man, I'm not gonna I say, look, our our our our pay uh for you to go to your girlfriend's wedding.
Speaker 3: Right. We ended up breaking up and I told her I hit up.
Speaker 2: I said, hey, I promise you I was going to take care of your girl for you to fly to your girlfriend to a wedding. Okay, come back, get the money. Hey, she ain't even come in the house. I met outside. He pulled up in the driveway. I gave her the money, gave him a cash. She say, thank you.
Speaker 3: You're mad at your word. Boom, you ain't going no, hell no, I wasn't going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay paying for.
Speaker 3: Her to go okay, because it was a destination wedding.
Speaker 1: Get it was, you know, it was experiencing she I mean she got she had a job, but I mean it was, you know, by the time she got bet, the time she got airlib, by the time she got a flight, I'm a I mean a flight and the hotel I'm assumed me at three day minimum.
Speaker 3: So I gave us a here go enjoy, have a great time.
Speaker 1: So she's comfortable, So you're comfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's how I am. Right.
Speaker 2: But hey, I know everybody, if I promise you something, hey, I'm gonna do it, I'm paying. If I say I'm gonna pay, Look, I got you, I'm paying your rent. We break up, I'm gonna go ahead. Hey, I'm gonna ahead and give you money for the rest of the year. Right, we go our separate way.
Speaker 5: And you know what, And now that now you got me? Now you're jogging my memory. Now I'm thinking that I have an individual that we are no longer together, that is making sure all my business affairs are in order. H you know, despite the chaos and the turmoil going on between us. Now, how much do I extend my services on a day like Valentine's Day as a thank you for what you're doing for me?
Speaker 3: Is what she's providing. What does that work to you?
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 5: Now, I think people in the chat might not understand that because they don't see it, because they're not in that position or understanding of all.
Speaker 1: I have going on.
Speaker 5: Outside of the jokes in the last it's the serious part of life.
Speaker 1: So how much is that worth? How do you value that?
Speaker 2: It's only what does it work to you? Because I can tell you what, but she's not doing that for me. If you had to pay somebody to do that.
Speaker 5: It wouldn't be it wouldn't be as much as what you told me to fork off.
Speaker 1: I don't think what. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: First of all, do you want do you trust somebody to halling your business like that? To know exactly so it's worth that? It's worth that to me for me to try to replace Shelley? Well, I trust somebody implicitly could put the price on it, right, okay, Okay, goold print the price on it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: So I gotta be careful. So now this is the next thing. Chat any ideas? I got three days? I got, I got three days?
Speaker 3: What do you think? Talk to me?
Speaker 1: I didn't did it all?
Speaker 5: I didn't did yachtson in the helicopters? Well, I mean, mald I mean, I'm I've run out of ideas to do.
Speaker 1: So I mean you good? You good at this?
Speaker 3: Chat?
Speaker 1: Y'all have any ideas the.
Speaker 3: Problem is is that you you you gone, I mean you bro you out here? Yeah, I mean once you what once you go to the.
Speaker 1: Stars and the planet is I mean what I mean going to the moon ain't no fun, no more the stars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, chat any ideas? Maybe I could do something simple, you know, something simple. Hire hire some violinists. No, maybe maybe a live batter.
Speaker 2: Have a personal chef come in and cook a five court five courts meal.
Speaker 1: Hold on, how about this ship and a live band?
Speaker 5: Roses flowers she wake up music chef already down there cooking.
Speaker 6: But we need two separate houses. Now, Hey, see him over there. We'll have it come to your plates, having it to go to the plate. I be that little place. He can't cook it nothing there. He can't cooking over the bottle killer at your house, lit land apartment, you can bad thrilled over them.
Speaker 3: Damn beanie.
Speaker 1: Weeded fed him over there to earth place. Uh and do hey brand for some brunch, whatever the case may be. I like that. I like that.
Speaker 5: I like the live band. I like the live band playing while breakfast is being made. Yeah, I like that. That's different. That's different. That's different. That's different.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, we gotta pay some bills. We're gonna take a short break and we'll be right back. After this break off all the non negotiations on a first date. You know what the biggest one is the olderant. Mindo has whole body the olderant that's safety used anywhere on your body, pits ball, five fo our, belly button, butt cracked and fee created by doctor who saw firsthand how normal body order was being misdiagnosed and mistreated. Clinically proven to block older all day and control older for up to seventy two hours. Want to try America's number one whole body the orderant formula right now. You can find them at Walmart, Target, and other retailers across the country. For best deals, go to Shopmando dot com. Mondo's starter pack is perfect for new customers. They come with solid stick deodorant, cream tool deodorant, two free products of your choice like manybody watch and deorderant wipe, and free shipping. As a special offer for Nightcap listeners, new customers get five dollars off a starter pack with an exclusive cold that equates over forty percent off your starter pack. Use code Nightcap at Shopmando dot com. That Shopmando dot com Please support our show and tell them your favorite sent you smell fresh and stay dry. Boost your comedies from head to toe with Mondo Let's Be Read. Twenty twenty five has been all about change, whether it's work, personal stuff, or just the daily grind. It can be hard to keep up, but here's the deal. When things get hectic, we don't have to go through it. Alan Embrace the power of nature and elevate your every day with BIA. Trusted by over a half a million happy customers, Via is the Swiss Army Knight of Wellness, dedicated to harnessing the natural benefits of him to create a high quality wellness product. Whether you're looking to improve your sleep, focus, recovery, add a little pep to your step, or just get high, YA has something for you. With products ranging from zero to one hundred milligrams of TXC. BIA gives you the power to blaze your own trail, and the best part, VIA legally ships to nearly all states in the US in discrete packaging directly to your door with worry free guarantee, no medical card required if you're twenty one years of age or older. Check out the link to BIA's website link and our description and use Cold Nightcap for fifteen percent off, and if you're a new VIA customer, get a free gift of your choice after you purchase.
Speaker 3: To ask you where do you hear about them?
Speaker 2: Please support the show and tell them your favorite Donk sent you and hats your every day with va Oh, Joe, Gebo Samuel will pass by bleaching report about the team that could surprise some people and be special in twenty twenty five. Can I say Denver bol Nicks is playing really really good ball right now?
Speaker 3: Their defense is outrageous.
Speaker 2: You got PS two out there, who's I would say the best at his positioned right now, probably been the best for the past two years. I think you need a couple more pieces. It'll be right where you need to be. They just have to get past Patrick Mahomes every year. Apparently the Steelers are in contingent to acquire Deebo. Where do you think the best fit for Deebo Samuels?
Speaker 5: I like, I think the best fit for Deebo Samuels is the West Coast Offense UH offense in the coordinator that's very creative and understanding how to use him in a multitude of ways. Because I see him at the Swiss Army Knife. I like him on an offense like Green Bay. I like him in the offense with like Andy Reid, you know, with the creativity they have. Obviously he's already leaving Shanahan offense. Like Shanahan, maybe McVeigh McVay can move him around and using and use him in certain ways and using to his strengths as opposed to just sticking him in the system and saying, this is our scheme, this is what we do.
Speaker 1: You know, learn it, you know, and I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: Devo is a great receiver. He's a great receiver.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't. He's a football player. He's more of a good football player as opposed to a great receiver.
Speaker 5: I don't even know if that makes sense. I think, Chad, you this is nothing disrespectful. You know, in his own right, there are things that he does extremely well. I think he better be suited for offense like McVeigh. Obviously he's gone from Shanahan Green Bay, you know, West Coast style. Andy Reid's creativity, you know, knowing how to use him to his strength, as opposed to just lining them up saying all right, I need you to get open. This is the scheme. These are the X and nose. I need to get open off the muscle. Yeah, I agree with yall, Joe. I would look at the boy. I say, he's good at a lot of things. I don't know if he's great at any one thing.
Speaker 2: Right, he can run back, kickoffs, you can hand him the football, you can throw in the football on the dry breaks, sperience.
Speaker 3: He's good. He's a good slot receiver.
Speaker 1: But like I said, great, I think when I think a great receiver, I'm thinking Chase, I'm thinking I think in Jetta, I think you guys like you know what I'm saying. I'm thinking of guys like that.
Speaker 2: But when I look at returners out like, Okay, he's a good but he's not great.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: But like I said, I think he's really good at a lot of good things, at a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Don't know if he's great at one particular thing.
Speaker 2: Like you said, he's a good football player that you can line him up, can plug him in, and he can do a lot of things everything. Yes, and so I'm anxious to see where he ends up. But like you said, he needs to go somewhere to someone that has an imagination and some creativity and.
Speaker 3: That can use him use his skill set.
Speaker 2: That's very unique, right, and so you can maximize what you're getting with Debo. You understand, like I said, headed the football, he can, he can. I mean you can literally hante him the football. They're not very many receivers that you can hand him the football. They run the backfield to it.
Speaker 1: The only the only person I can think about who's been able to do it over the years and have success with it, maybe not to the extent of of Deebo Samuels is Cordill Patterson.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Well, Cordell Patterson.
Speaker 5: So if they're I'm really hoping because this this is situations where it gets very sticky, especially in the NFL when you go places where listen, the sun is shining very bright when it comes to Shanahan and the creativity that he has from an offensive perspective, especially with the way they use you in San Francisco, and to go somewhere else outside of that, and you know, usually the same way, you know, there's no creativity, there's a scheme, there's there, there there's there, they're plays or extra nose and then you just they stick you in the situation.
Speaker 1: We just have to run what they do.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think that's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Oh joe, a man find surprise while cleaning out his girlfriend's car. Oh Joe, check to look at the photo. Oh okay, okay, okay, pretend what is that a pretendent?
Speaker 1: Chip? I do look like that? That looked like no laid. That's a little too gold. That's a little too shiny for me. Hold on if that's a column, that's a magnum. Oh, oh, don't you gonna don't throw up, you good man?
Speaker 5: That looked like that looked like the con on of a magnum. It do, but hold on with the corner of the magnum. That's too small to be ripped off.
Speaker 1: You can't. You can't open it like that now either too a.
Speaker 3: Hey, oh Joe, you hit it?
Speaker 5: Oh man, hey boy, that got the hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that got the hurt. Can you imagine you cleaned out your car you find a Connor wrapper?
Speaker 3: No, he cleaned out her car.
Speaker 5: Oh oh oh, oh, that got the hurt.
Speaker 1: That got the hurt. Hey, something, it happened to the best of us. Huh, you hit me everybody hurts.
Speaker 3: It happened times. Lord, have mercy.
Speaker 5: Hey, sometimes the rabbit got the gun. Sometimes you got the gun. Through life experiences, you understand it can be.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, cool cook. Hey, Hey, alright, Joe, Hey, she say you hey, you got you got that?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I do, I do.
Speaker 1: I hope, I hope.
Speaker 3: Are you say so?
Speaker 5: Listen, it's one thing man, it's tough man. It's tough man. It's tough things like that happen. Uh. I think for for for men, we have to understand, despite our love for the female species, even when we are together, at times, human nature is undefeated.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It has showed us.
Speaker 5: Time and time again that at times, despite the love that they may have. Uh.
Speaker 1: For you, there's always.
Speaker 5: One, there's there's always there's there's always one that can, that can and we've seen it time and time again.
Speaker 3: Hey, bro, look at the bright side.
Speaker 1: Hey boy, Hey.
Speaker 3: Hey, he ain't wrong.
Speaker 1: You didn't get wronging that wrong. I'm just saying like that, you gotta look on the positive side, right that's you can't look you look at it the negative. That's be optimistic. Keep me out, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: You gotta look at the problem.
Speaker 5: Side on, Joe, I'm just throwing the way you will keep it Saturday, time out, time out. So if that was your girl, whoa, if you found if you cleaned out a car and you vacuum up car, you found a car and rapp like that, that's what you're gonna say.
Speaker 8: Well, at least at least he go in the row. That's what you're gonna say. Are you gonna give another chance? We'll give another Dad?
Speaker 3: Are you.
Speaker 1: I'm saying you don't looking at the posit? No doll? All right, so you're out of it out. If that's you, I'm put yourself in his shoes. Do you see that?
Speaker 5: What you're gonna say, you're gonna call it? I mean, baby, well, listen, I know you made a mistake. Can we talk about it? I mean, are you give it another chance? You know she's gonna hit you with that. You know, listen, we all made mistakes.
Speaker 3: I was drunk. WHOA, That ain't a mistake.
Speaker 2: I'm a mistake is leaving your leaving your iPad in the back of the seat on the plane. Okay, okay, leave your breadcase in the rental car.
Speaker 3: That's a mistake.
Speaker 1: Nobody, How are you mistake and let somebody mistake put me in you. Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 5: So are you saying that? So are you saying in this situation? In this case, does that mean you out? There's nothing you can do depend on how much you love her?
Speaker 1: This is a great conversation. I'm just curious. I'm trying to see me your mind at.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Listen now, one thing I want you to remember now.
Speaker 3: I want to remember.
Speaker 1: Back, hey, Dave, the day, back in the day I had a civil philosophy. I heard them old man say, you say, boy, you're off of port rad if you ain't got one older clap up?
Speaker 2: Mean you know what I'm saying. I didn't understand what they meant until I got older. But I was probably like eight or nine, and the growing me the older man was talking. I was like, but it made sense. I said, okay, cat coming, you got two holes. It wasn't until I got much older and realized they were talking about women, talking about one you offer, poor read if you ain't got one hold to climb up in.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, damn, y'all always talking. Nasty y'all were talking.
Speaker 2: But see the old man couldn't be talking like like we talk around the boy, Yes, but obviously when we're around a little kid, we keep it PG saying some of the same thing, but keeping it PG.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: What would I do? Yeah, oh two, I think I'm gonna have to deal you gone. Yeah, dang.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that's tough. I mean obviously, the more time you got in, the harder it let go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you and y'all dating, y'all dating, you know, a week. But I don't know, Joe, it is tough.
Speaker 3: I just sometimes you just got to chalk it up. Yeah, sometimes you just got you just got to chalk it up.
Speaker 2: Hey, Because think about it, you and I both been professionally ben professional athletes.
Speaker 3: Hey win, some you lose.
Speaker 1: It's a dirty game, yeah, me.
Speaker 5: The game is the game, which is why, which is why when we talk sometimes we have certain discussions. And I tell you, one thing that I'm very good at is I'm able to compartmentalize and understand about managing my expectations.
Speaker 2: For he put that, put that back up there, and put that, uh put that back putting that back up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like like like I was, Yeah, that's why I love that.
Speaker 7: Rapping on you. Hey, Joe, what you thought I back call him and a room and a room pack. No, not in the road pack. He beat the steading wheel off it. That's funny, that's funny.
Speaker 1: How could you hey.
Speaker 3: That that's funny.
Speaker 1: That's funny. That's that pain. And he's going there in front, then't Joe and all? He's seeing the book print and and you're making it, you're making it worse.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, Hey, just to just just just the thought, just.
Speaker 1: A thought sometime can make it throw up and make you sick. Yeah, hey, oh Joe, he the magnum man. Hey, hey put that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, listen, it happened to the best of it. And depending on the lifestyle you live, you understand it can be even Yeah.
Speaker 2: At some point in time, everybody ain't ever happened to be No, you don't know that it's happened to happen, But it's done happen. Happen that has done happen more than once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, better lorty, you better Larry, you better learn. I say it all the time.
Speaker 5: Listen, you you have to find a way to compartmentalize, manage your expectation, to understand it's not your property. I don't care about no, goddamn title. I don't care about how much she said she love you. Non No, they don't care about none of that. I have seen it. A lifetime of experience. Yeah, the wise man did what happened?
Speaker 1: No, I said, I say, a lifetime of experience as a wise man once said, oh yeah, for sure, but never leaves you astraight, oh your nine.
Speaker 3: Time for our last segment of the evening. It's time for Q and A.
Speaker 1: And this was fun. I like, I like this late night, late night was cooling. Uh, Hustley, Hustle. I guess that's I guess it's Hustle.
Speaker 3: One of the chances Lebron joining MAVs in free agency.
Speaker 2: He's always talking about playing with Kyrie again, and he clearly likes a d.
Speaker 3: Also, J Kid coached him in LA as an assistant. That man loves l A. He left. He went to l A. I mean.
Speaker 2: He called they called magic a magic. Magic went over to his house. It was very little recruiting and didn't have to sell. Lebron wanted to be in LA, but because of what he wants to do after basketball, I don't see him leaving.
Speaker 3: Anything's possible.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say anything because anything is possible.
Speaker 3: But me, I don't see him leaving right now. I don't, absolutely not. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't see I don't see it.
Speaker 3: And he got Luca.
Speaker 2: Luca can Luca can prolong his career another two three years.
Speaker 3: Lebron legitimately could get twenty five years. Yeah, twenty five years, especially especially.
Speaker 1: With a player like Luca.
Speaker 5: Well Lebron, Lebron doesn't have to do the heavy lifting, he doesn't have to have the ball in his hands all the time.
Speaker 1: Luca obviously can bring the ball lef the court.
Speaker 5: I think obviously, right if Lebron is a facilitator, If he's a facilitator, you don't have to do much.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I like it. Just justice. Stop defending Meko.
Speaker 1: The narrative that there are death threats and put out by Maverage are victim blaming mainstream sports media.
Speaker 2: No one is threatening this man. They want him fired, plain and simple.
Speaker 3: How do you know? How do you know they're not threats against this man life?
Speaker 2: Okay, they want him fired, Okay, that's fine, Okay, maybe the organization don't want to fire. But how do you definitively know that there are no threats against this man or his family.
Speaker 3: How do you know that?
Speaker 2: Just for you to say that, mainstream media sports, how do you know that?
Speaker 3: We've seen that? So we've seen guys drop passes.
Speaker 2: But I guess and they say they got that threat threats, but I guess they're lying too.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 1: List, he definitely got that.
Speaker 3: You want him fired because you're a Maverick s fraend.
Speaker 1: You want him fired, But don't say that just because, oh, mainstream.
Speaker 2: Why would you want to make that up? Why would I even put why would we eat? Why would somebody even put that in the universe?
Speaker 3: Right? Well?
Speaker 2: The power in the tongue? Why would I wish that on that man? Why would somebody wish that on that man? Stop definitting? Ain't nothing defending. I don't care one way a thousand. I didn't lose any sleep before or after the Luca trade. As a matter of fact, I'm looking forward to going to sleep here shortly. Spartan Spartan three one. How about the annoyance left fast to act obnoxious?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Sure, bro, I know what you're trying to say. Should I been kicked out? Had they kicked me out and said, Shannon, you can't come back to a Lakers game. I would have gladly turned in my season tickets because I was wrong. So if you want me to try to defend my actions while supporting somebody else's, that's like gonna happen. I said I was wrong. I'm here to tell you I was dead wrong. Did I step on the court?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Should?
Speaker 1: I should I have engaged Dylan Brook's note Dylan Brook young enough to be my son.
Speaker 2: Why the hell I'm arguing with him about what? It was a good nature? And then it got too far. I lim a dog in the room. I should have turned down the temperature. I turned up the temperature.
Speaker 1: So if the Lakers had said, if they had escorted me out in the building and told me I had to turn my tickets, said, what was I gonna say?
Speaker 3: They wrong?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 2: I was wrong. I've made that abundantly clear. So, Bro, you can't make me feel bad. You can't.
Speaker 1: And if they say Shannon you can't come back, fine. If the NBA, if the NBA, if Adam Silver had a call by agency and said, well Shannon can't go to any NBA A ringers, well Shannon gonna do his job, watch the games on television, and still go out there and talk about it. So that's where I am on that I was wrong. I was wrong then and I've said that. But no, there's a line that you shouldn't be able to cross. So did I cross the line?
Speaker 3: Sure, but I didn't get thrown out? You mad Huh? You should try it?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: Tyrn said, what's up? Unking o joke?
Speaker 2: Can y'all hold Travis Kelsey accountable for not speaking to the media after the game, like y'all did Mark andrew love you show? No, he spoke to the media after the game. He just cut it short. There's a difference. Mark Andrews did not speak after the game. He did not even speak after the exit interview. So they're two different things. Should Trap had stayed there and spoke, sure, because had they won, he would not have cut the interview short. So if you're waiting for me to defending but there, let's provide context. He did speak, but he cut it short. And it says a lot when you lose, when you're at your lords, you still do things as if you're at your highest.
Speaker 3: It's not always easy. We always want to win, ocho.
Speaker 2: We always want to be in a beneficial or an advantageous situation. But that's not how life works. It's really not. And so you just take the good with the bad. You speak the same because when you lose, it tells a lot about your character.
Speaker 3: Hey, I hated to lose, but.
Speaker 2: I hated losing more than I love enjoyed winning, because losing hurts more than than winning feels good.
Speaker 3: But I understood that was a part of my job.
Speaker 2: I understood that as a leader, as being a professional, that you stand before the media and you answer all their questions until they're done, and do you exit stage left. I've always done that. I'm firm believing in that that does not change what you think on Joe, you got a problem with.
Speaker 5: The way you travel with it, Listen, I don't have a problem with it. Obviously, he cut it short. He was probably, you know, understood the question that we're going to come. But the fact that he did, he did sit there and answer. I'm not sure is there a time limit that that players have to stand there and answer some questions.
Speaker 1: The fact that he did answer something is to me.
Speaker 5: It's it's sufficient enough because it's really I mean, what more can you say what you say, especially after losing, Other than that.
Speaker 3: It's normally like ten fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: So Joe, oh shit, that's long. Yeah, who that's long. But because I remember having this conversation. You know, are you going to the locker room? I mean after you're on the field.
Speaker 3: You he does.
Speaker 2: You're on the field, You're having a good time. You ay, all you boys like hey, you know I remember me Burns Foots, all of them. You know, we take your pictures together, we go into the locker room, and then they come get you. Okay, shad a nation your meat. They put you on the car, They got a podium. You on the podium. Seven's at a podium, thirties at a podium. This guy's at a podium.
Speaker 1: And you ay, because a lot of times they might okay, TV, you might have got to the podium first, right, they see you over there. Somebody Now they come over there, they might've not heard the question that somebody have already asked.
Speaker 2: They ask you a question. So that's that's why it's a little longer the normal. But like I said, I don't know how long travel was actually there.
Speaker 3: I read what they you know that he cut the interview short.
Speaker 2: I don't know whether did he cut it three minutes short, five minutes short.
Speaker 3: Eight.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but the way I understood it is that he did speak originally, but he cut the interview. Short heart of sage said, respect the Eagles, but the Chiefs need a new line. And some receivers beside Worthy love the show though. Come on, yeah, yeah, they got it handed to him, and the offensive line was kind of bad.
Speaker 1: They kind of regrouped oho and pieced it together. But obviously we saw what happened when they lost to Tampa. The offensive line, they all their starters went down and guess what, they got it handed to him in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: They come back, they regroup, they get back to the suber with the three straight one two.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Andy Reid, Brett Beach, who's the general manager, they'll get together. They'll figure this thing out. This is not the end of the Chiefs. So if you're thinking that's the case, sadly, sadly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, I said that as soon as the game, as soon as the game ended, you know, obviously, congratulations to the Chiefs. Game will played. But knowing Andy Reid, knowing patch for Mahomes, understanding what they need to do, what they need to fix, the fact that you're able to make it this far with the issues you had with the officer line, which is thin't gonna happen once you fix it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to be back, Gonna be right back.
Speaker 2: Big Big TV, the one Uncle Ocho have been watching since day one.
Speaker 3: Thanks for what you guys, what you guys are doing.
Speaker 2: You guys have inspired me to jump into the podcast world.
Speaker 3: Hey, h loosen up on my cowboys.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Damn no, they loosen up. They need to tighten up. That's the problem. They they need to tighten up. Samuel Briffitt, Hey, uking Ocho, do you think say Quad made the right decision set out Week eighteen and not go for the all time single season rushing record. It doesn't matter what cho and I think, it matters what he think. Now Ocho can speak for himself. I would have I believe o Jo excuse me, the results would have been the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah I do.
Speaker 3: That's just me, But I been the same.
Speaker 5: But listen, you you would have set out who if it was me I'm playing.
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't want I don't wanted to play, but the coach.
Speaker 3: But they would have probably did what they did to be deactivated.
Speaker 5: Now I ain't deactivating me. I'm going to get this record. Matter of fact, I'm gonna have that record and I'm gonna have that ring. Yeah, Marty, I don't don't cut me short.
Speaker 1: Nah, I need all that.
Speaker 3: Kiffer Norwick Jr. Question.
Speaker 2: Uh, is the system best fits Aaron Rodgers going to be next season? I would like to see him in Cleveland? I think O, you and I we kind of discussed it yesterday. The team you think Oakland, excuse me, Oakland, Las Vegas Raiders, Cleveland Browns, Uh, the New Orleans Saints, maybe the Steelers, Tennessee maybe Giants.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think no, don't think. I think Green Bay is out of the question. And it seems like the Jets are out of the question. Now what what other seems like? Yeah, what other team? What other teams need a quarterback? We know the Raiders need one. The Saints are gonna potentially need one because Derek or David or Derek Carr.
Speaker 3: His cap number is gonna be almost fifty two million dollars.
Speaker 1: I think, if I'm not mistaken, I think I read that almost fifty two million. That's a big high cap number, and it doesn't seem like he's interesting in taking a pay cut.
Speaker 3: The Browns. Clearly Sean Shawn.
Speaker 1: Is not playing next year with that achilles he tore and then he retore it.
Speaker 2: The Steelers, what are they gonna do? Is it gonna be Russ? Is it gonna be justin fields? Do they move in a different direction? The Giants Tennessee. There are several several suitors out there that need quarterbacks. The question is do they want a guy that's gonna be forty one years of age? Slick raing, Oh Choll don't know anything about don't do anything on Valentine's Day, wait till the day after, or do something for her the whole rest of the week so she knows she's specially you, not just on Valentine's Day.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, listen. I like the way you're thinking that, boss. I like the way you think I was looking for some ideas. So that's that's a good one. That's a very good one. But you have to understand you talk about wait until the week, I really can't wait two weeks because on that specific day, that specific that the individual is expecting something and obviously based on what she's doing for me to spite, you know, us being and it is it's it's it's warranted, just to be honest, you know.
Speaker 1: And I ain't gonna lie to you know. I know I play around a lot.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: This individual keeps my ducks in a row.
Speaker 5: She dotted my eyes and she crossing my tis From a business standpoint, I ain't talking about nothing else. I ain't talk about no laying down horizontally or vertically. I ain't even talking about that uns about from a business perspective. So I have to I have to do right, you know.
Speaker 3: You absolutely do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I ain't gonna go too crazy now.
Speaker 2: And once love cash Spider in Proger and Nola, will you be my Valentine?
Speaker 1: Roll on me use my cue pone yet? Okay, well you see me at hey, hold on, speaking of Hey, speaking of speaking of Valentine. Right, I had a message.
Speaker 5: I had a message for somebody you Yeah, a very good friend of mine, very very very good friend of mine.
Speaker 1: A friend of mine. Uh, Mom said you need to day the older woman.
Speaker 5: Now. She's beauty, beautiful, beautiful woman. Stay stay with me now. She is forty forty nine, right right up your alley. You know, master's degree, doctor degree, well educated, she can cook doctor. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know. Don't don't give me this. I I'm just relaying the message. I'm really in the message. So and I told her, I told her, I already gave you a number, so she gonna text you.
Speaker 3: Bad.
Speaker 1: You already you already put buck that bad.
Speaker 3: They told me that a bad got a lot of rules. I don't know if you.
Speaker 5: I said, what damn listen, And she said, she's gonna have no problem with the rules.
Speaker 1: She says, you had no brother. She she watched the show. She watched it right now.
Speaker 5: She probably watch it right now, the show and understand the rules and don't have no problem with it.
Speaker 3: You know that That that that that definitely helps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I try rego burrito. Hey, guys, the live show was great.
Speaker 2: You guys should try switching up spellow Sinco, have thunk spell and have o Cho ass of Soccer or NFL trivia No Oh Children wedding with the Harvard Oh Children.
Speaker 1: One that said he was a spelling be chair. I don't want spelling be chap. I was at spelling be Champ in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 2: I was I didn't say that you want. That's why you spell o Senko, I'm dunk on.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, yeah, I gotta like that. I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for joining us for another episode of Nightcap brought to you by Boost Mobile. Visit your nearest boost Mobile store or boost mobile dot com to join their nationwide five G network. Thank you, thank you for joining us for Nightcap.
Speaker 1: Y'all know me. I'm your favorite ut Janney Sharp. That guy is your favorite. Number eighty five, the.
Speaker 2: Liberty City Legend, the Bengal Ring of Fame, Arnoy Pro bowla All Pro. That's Chad O Cho Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you're hitting that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you, guys so much for staying up late with us and supporting us. We greatly greatly appreciate that. Make sure you check out Shave by Lapotier. We do have it in stock. What better way to celebrate twenty twenty five and Valentine's Day is on Friday?
Speaker 3: What better way to celebrate than with a bottle of Shave by Lapotier.
Speaker 2: If you do not, cannot fight it any city or state near you, or we'll ship it directly.
Speaker 3: To your door.
Speaker 2: Please please drink responsibly and stay safe out there. Check out our media company on all of its platform shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out everything just restart use code super Bowl for an additional ten percent off. We've dropped new beanies in every color, and we've introduced gift cards available from twenty five to five hundred dollars. This takes the guest workout of and let someone special pick exactly what they want.
Speaker 1: We have a big drop coming this week. Make sure you stay tuned in. Luca dodget first game with the Lakers was a resounding success. The Lakers defeat the Jazz one thirty two, one thirteen and Lebron look good together. Can't wait for can't wait to see more of it. Definitely gonna try to catch a game again. Thank you for joining us for Nightcap. I'm fuck, He's oh Joe. We will see you later.