Speaker 1: My nigga is dedication. This is antire hesitation. It's a real nigga celebration. It's a Don Black declaration. Fifty nine to fIF that Granny house with Anala waits. It's the remedy of separation to a pocket of my generation. Blue Pill in the Fucking Matrix, Red Rose in the Great Pagments. Young Black nigga trapped and he can't shaction nor genius. He just can't claim it because they let him know platforms to explain it. He frustrated, so he gets faded, like deep down inside, you know you can't fail. How long should I stay dedicated? How long till the opportunity meet preparation? I need some real nigga preparations or run up in your bank just for recre Welcome back.
Speaker 2: This is a good moms by choice. I'm Erica and I'm Nila, And what's up girl? It's on beautiful day in La. It is beautiful, really really nice. Lately. I know I'm going to the pool. It is my season. This is my season. I know I've been going to the gym because this season is coming and winter has been I've been chilling. Yeah, the summer's my time is shine. Well, you don't have any of those issues. You like a supermodel for I don't want to close. You don't even when it's cold. No, it's true. You own one sweater. I've seen it. It's that striped sweater. You own one.
Speaker 3: That's it. It's the only naeded sweater I own. It's true. Anyway, we have a special guest today, guys.
Speaker 2: We have my friend and makeup guru, makeup influencer Mama, and just overall the vast person grisel Da Martinez. Thank you. What's up girl? What's going on? If you guys are into makeup, you definitely need to follow Roselda at make up by Grocelta, make up by Groselda. Yeah right, Yeah, I knew that it's weird. I just never said it out loud. I just never. I just never said it out loud. I'm like, wait, makeup, Yeah, make up, buy something? Makeup by what's her name?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 2: What's up? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Yeah, it's such a beautiful day. I know it is. I guess we can. I mean, first, first, first, and foremost I wanna talk about really quickly. Nipsy Nipsey hustle fucking when I heard about that news, Like when I remember like when they when someone said he'd been shot like six times. I hate to say it, but I kind of like, there's n he might not make it. Like I was just thinking he was gonna make it. I didn't think that unfortunately, like and then like moments later, it was just so it really like hit home for me actually, Like I think because I've met him a few times, maybe because my baby daddy's a rapper like all those things, and it's like a fear of mine. I've definitely like had the had that fear because he comes from, you know, that lifestyle, grew up that way, and you know, it's hard to depart from that, right, Like if anybody knows that has a has somebody who was like a former gang member, usually they're not really former. They always keep like one foot there, you know, even if they're not really partaking in like the activities, you know, and but that is dangerous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's fucking sad, man, It's so fucking sad.
Speaker 2: That shit broke my heart.
Speaker 6: Just the thought just I know which but she's probably going, I mean, I don't know, but to even slightly imagine I.
Speaker 2: Think now I think as I'm a mom, like I really the first thing I thought about was laur in London and then the baby was there.
Speaker 6: It's just yeah, it's just it's just a function, man, it's just unnecessary, dumb shit. That's like someone's life that affects so many people, you know, the kids, the kids, her, you know, his community.
Speaker 2: It's just fucked up in all the great things that he was doing right for the community.
Speaker 5: Like I was, you know, raised in Englandwood, and when I heard the news, I was like like I had no words, Like I had no emotion, Like I never met the guy, but it was like everything that he was doing for his people and just the impact that he had already done was incredible. So it was like, you know, thinking about the kids, thinking about Lauren, like I can only imagine what she's going through. Like the relationship that they had, I think was so transparent and you can see the love that they had for each other. And I think that that's.
Speaker 2: Why I was like, I think almost like the relationship they've kind of like been they're kind of like low key, you know what I mean, And it doesn't wasn't until recently that I kind of started seeing them step out and like the public about their relationship. Everyone knows that Lauren Lyndon Nipsey hustle together and have a baby and all that shit, but like they were f kind of stepping out. They're both coming out, like he just got nominated for a Grammy, you know, she is like reviving her career. They're they're doing this together, and it's just like, man, it's so sad and I couldn't I couldn't stop thinking about like cud, Like how does she tell her baby? Will her baby remember him? You know, like the baby's like two years old? Probably not, you know. I mean she could keep him alive in in ways and always, you know, but it's just fucked up. It's so fucking sad, man. And like coming home to your house where you once yesterday you were with them your day when today is not here anymore. Yeah, Like ugh, I was just like unpacking all that shit. I'm just thinking about all the the steps that you don't even think about when you lose someone that close to you, right, like moving shit out of the closet, like just shit like that, you know what I mean, Like how do you get rid of things of someone that you never wanted to get rid of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yah, you know, like w I mean, I feel like it's it's gonna be a process. It's she probably won't do it until she's ready. I don't know, But when are you ever ready to do that?
Speaker 2: I just like, man, it's just so I just like and I'm thinking more about like our community. Like it's just like, man, we have some like the value of our lives is like we don't value our b like brothers and sisters'.
Speaker 6: Lives cause sometimes of people like because we don't value ourselves.
Speaker 2: You know, that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 6: When you don't value yourself, you don't value life period. That's that's true. And that's sa I mean, how like where is your mind that you didn't even think about that one time? How do you go through the motions of taking somebody's life and not really.
Speaker 2: Consider it's just pure r tago it's and hate. Yeah, cause like you would think, like, oh, Okay, if I do this, I'm gonna I'm going to murder as a big figure in the community who's connected in all ways gang ways, you know, celebrity people are gonna people I'm going to get caught, I'm going to probably die. Yeah, so like maybe like you didn't think about that once you thought you were gonna kill him and then you out. I think the thing is even that is ego.
Speaker 6: I think sometimes people murderers kill high per I mean high profile people because they take some kind of.
Speaker 2: Pleasure in that. And you know, I I you know, I've watched the ID channel, but I mean there's that. But then, like when you kill someone who's so well loved, you don't think about like how that's going to affect you in prison because guess what. Nipsy for sure has homies in prison for sure, and they are going to fuck him up. It's just sad, even people that aren't his homie, people that just are like, yeah.
Speaker 6: It's just sad, and it's just it's such a sad, such a way, such a waste of life.
Speaker 2: It's just waste. It's so unnecessary, it's so fucked up, so damn. I mean, should rest in peace, Nipsty. I'm sorry that happened to you. I know, it's so bad. I had to touch on it cause I've been like so.
Speaker 6: Sad about it, and it really makes you value and not take it for granted, little things like you know, and of course it will last maybe a few days for us, cause something happens, and then it fades, not for her obviously months later, but like years, years, ever forever. That's the love of your life. You don't forget that shit. But also just like I I'm you leave somebody now for.
Speaker 2: The next you know, you're gonna be thinking about did I kiss you? Did I hug you? And I embrace you and I look at you?
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Cause sometimes you just go through the motions so often not valuing our friendships or our parents or family, our lovers, and just not noticing how much how much weight our words hold. And you know, we're saying that, we're communicating how we feel.
Speaker 2: It's just so quick, like I feel, I mean, it's like what everyone says never like you know, always say I love you even though you're angry. Yeah, And it's like and sometimes that's really hard, Like someone tell me, go to tell this person I love you. After like I've done curse them out, I'm go'na be like fuck you, right, but you look, but it makes you put them to put in perspective, like Okay, I'm I'm really don't fuck with you right now, but I love you goodbye, you know, I don't know. But anyway, that's all the current events I have, because that's really the only one that really matters right now. Everything else is I don't know it was anything else. I don't know any current events this Sorry, guys, there's a gardener half there's a gardening situation happening. I don't know. If you hear the windblower in the background.
Speaker 6: They must be gardening the shit out of that yard, blowing those leaves for about thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Anyway, could have said that, see, can you share with our fool listeners we've never had and am someone that you know? Firstly, like you know, I work in beauty with Beauty Blunder And that's actually how me and Griselda met. She came to a uh event that we had a few years ago at the Mandrion m and I remember seeing you and I was like, who is that sexy one man over there? You were talking to my mom and I came over and you were so sweet and we just like immediately hit it off. Yeah, and I think, oh, you invited me to it was like a tart event. We went to oh yeah, yeah yeah, and I think my outfit fell apart before I got to your house literally like yeah together, yeah, sh like my whole zipper. Like I was like gonna be naked. Yeah oh no, Adam Adam like he put a belt on me and he like fixed her up in seconds, and I was like like me and you're still coming. But you know, uh during that time, I was going through like a crazy time in my relationship with my with my baby daddy. He was in jail overseas at the time, and uh me was like I just I don't know, I just felt comfortable with you, and I just we just like started sharing things and opened up. I remember sitting at your house and we were just like it was like telling you all my shit, and I was like I love this, Like she just was. You just were so amazing.
Speaker 5: I felt the exact same way, and it was more so like because it was like so relatable, like you had been with you know, your son, I mean, your daughter's baby daddy or.
Speaker 2: Your baby daddy.
Speaker 5: I'm like my daughter's father, your daughter's father for so long, and you know I was with my son's dad.
Speaker 7: For you know, how long were you with him fourteen years.
Speaker 5: Yes, so it was you know something that we I felt that you know, being separated and being you know, a single parent.
Speaker 2: You know, you were he was overseas, you were here, and I know it was hard.
Speaker 5: So but I instantly felt the connection with you, and I was like, can we just be friends?
Speaker 2: And you know we've I feel like you and I always like pick.
Speaker 7: Up right where we left off.
Speaker 2: You know, No, it's not sure, it's just natural. Yeah. Yeah. So so when you like, so when you speaking of your baby daddy and being with someone for fourteen years, because that's a really long time. My longest relationship is seven years. What's yours? Oh, yours is long too, Like I'm kind of low key on and off what like fifteen or some shit, But I know they took a long breaks. Yeah, like for the most part. Yeah, I've been my baby daddy for like fifteen years. I don't know. Yeah, No, I was like with him since I met him when I was fourteen? Did you lose your virginity to him? Uh?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 2: Because how how is your son now?
Speaker 7: He's in me thirteen? Okay, yeah, and we've been separated.
Speaker 2: For five six so is he You're only the only person you'd ever slept with for that whole time. Yeah, oh my god, girl for fourteen years. So fourteen it was crazy. You were kind of like starting new in your sex life. I mean fourteen six years year, but like fourteen when you went to like, if you don't mind like me asking when I lost my virginity. No, like we were like till you were like twenty something, twenty seven, twenty eight, you only had sex with one person. Yeah, dang, girl, I know hopefully it was good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I was with them for fourteen years. I know that one, so that's all I knew.
Speaker 2: And like, I mean, but I mean like going now and like having experiences as an adult because I think about like the sex I was having as like a teenager versus I mean, I guess when you grow with someone, you grow, but like the sex I would. I actually went back and had like in a sexual encounter with someone that I slept with when I was in a teen that I thought was like the ship back then. I was like, that was so amazing, like the best I've ever had, And then you go back, you go back to that, I'm like, wait that, No, that was not that was not what I remember.
Speaker 8: Nothing, levels of knowledge I have not right, and you are the same, So like, were was that scary for you coming out of like a relationship and then like having to explore like being with someone else.
Speaker 2: Like how do you even know? I think I was ready? You're ready?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I was like so past that, like not wanting to be with him for so long that like I had already detached my emotion and my sexual emotion towards him that like I was just like I was definitely scared.
Speaker 2: Because I didn't know what size I was gonna get my next one. When the first time disappointing or was it? I was like, where has this been? Amazing? Yeah? But I took a two year break.
Speaker 5: So even after after I like you know, separated with my son's dad, and I was like, I'm not ready to like even think of being with another man because I needed to like yeah, like collect my thoughts and my feelings and emotions as being alone. Yeah a long time, and it was definitely like you know, happy times in set times of course, but like I was so attached to him and you know, being with him for so long that I was just kind of like do I want to.
Speaker 2: Be with him. You have to like that.
Speaker 6: Sometimes your identity becomes blended with somebody else's.
Speaker 2: It's just like a routine. It's a comfort level. How old How old were you when you had any anthony? I was twenty one, so you guys were already dating for what like six years? Seven years? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, so yeah, so when I met him, he actually I had a boyfriend at the time.
Speaker 7: I was going to summer school my first.
Speaker 2: Year when you were thirteen. When I was my friends had a boyfriend.
Speaker 5: Very say you know so, and he was like back then, he was like I saw you making with your.
Speaker 2: God yeah, Macie like that was that's how you know how they used to say that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, they used to say like, let's go bust them back in the I don't know, mat like mac like, let's go back and advanced use of that word.
Speaker 6: I remember scamming m yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Man. Ever comes up to me and tells me wanted.
Speaker 5: To Sam Yeah, I like yeah, yeah again, I hail it. So it was I don't know. It was so hard for me to like not want to go back, like wanting to be with him, but then after them, I was like, no, I really don't want to be with him, you know. And then when I had that, you know, first, I call it, you know, popping my chairy because it probably was because me and my son's dad weren't even having sex. So it was just one of those things where I was like, ready, finally.
Speaker 2: You know, move forward, move forward and do the damn thing.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: Has Anthony ever met anyone you've dated? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Is it because why I'm curious? I mean just because you're I know, I'm obviously I know the answers. You're protective because of your parents and that's what we are. But is it because also you haven't met anyone that you feel like is I Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean the one person that I thought was he did meet him, but just like as a friend, like you know, how we how we talked about yeah.
Speaker 2: Like you know, he had his daughter and then you know.
Speaker 5: We picked him up from school. But it was always like, oh, he's just my friend and that was it.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 5: I wasn't like more so like over dating, and we never around each other, like touch each other or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I was just and Anthony's twelve now.
Speaker 7: Right, yeah, and this is like what.
Speaker 2: Almost almost four years ago. Poor does he ask you about dating. Yeah, he's like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: Sometimes with him, I'm just like, where do you get these things? He was I was almost floor cracking my bag because I have back problems. And he saw, uh, match dot com on the TV. He goes, Mom, you should just sign up for that. And I'm like, I wasn't paying attention to the TV, and I was like, sign up for what. He goes, you need a man, sign up for match dot com. And I was like, she doesn't even need a man.
Speaker 7: And I was like, I don't need a man.
Speaker 5: He goes no, he goes, you need you need a boyfriend, mom, And he's like, I think it's time.
Speaker 2: Well, at least you know that he is open to it, you know what I mean, because some kids are like, I don't need your mind.
Speaker 5: No, He's very like, I just wanted you to be happy. He cried dad's wedding when he got when I got married, when he got married, and I thought at first, I was like, what happened? Like what, like, why were you crying? He goes, no, Mom, calm down. He goes, I cried because I was very happy for my dad.
Speaker 2: Oh. I thought maybe it was like he was mad that you guys weren't together.
Speaker 7: I mean that too.
Speaker 2: He always was it hard to stup, Like, how do you because like Irie was so young when she was like two and half maybe when me and my baby daddy separated and you know you Luna too, like and you know, she still sees him very often, so I don't know if she even it's just normal to her at this point. But like he was six years old, like it's a little more. I think at first though, I redid be like with daddy, Luna said stuff or were together hands, I want you, But it's not as like devastating, whereas like when you get a little older it might be.
Speaker 5: You know, I think because I moved out, we had an incident, well, I had an incident with him where he was contacting someone that he had previously spoke to. So I was like, I don't tolerate.
Speaker 10: That, yeah, technically, but not emotion She was emotionally, was stating, yeah, so it was can be worse, yeah, because I'm like, you.
Speaker 2: Know the bitch, Yeah, you know, I know the bitch.
Speaker 7: She was like my best friend in high school.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So he was three, so that's when I was like we were living together and I like grabbed my shit and I left and so I was living with my mom and so then I was like, okay, whatever, we'll get back together. But I never moved back in, like never moved back in, and it was like, so he kind of knew that we were separated, so I wasn't asked, did you ever have a conversation about it when we when I got my own place. Yeah, I was just like, your dad and I are not together.
Speaker 2: We're not going to be together.
Speaker 5: And he was like why And at the time, I didn't know what to say, and I was just like, you know, we're just arguing a lot, and we.
Speaker 2: Just made our space.
Speaker 5: So but then after that he was just like, would get sad, you know, and it was hard for me to see that. But I also didn't want my son to see us arguing. And I'm when I get angry, I get angry. So it was like, yeah, is that crazy. Yeah, Listen, every time I might tell someone I'm a Gemini, they're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was the same thing. Scorpio too. We always get like that, oh thing. Yeah, those are those are the two signs to get the most Probably then there's other signs you're like, oh, I love you. I cancer. Yeah, oh you're so great. I know I liked him like funny.
Speaker 6: Well honest, now I could gets I could get spicy and I'm I'm Gemini cussed. So that's probably like together. Yeah, but I'm not crazy. I know Gemenis could be crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know we don't look at it and that's why we don't think we're crazy like.
Speaker 6: What we are.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just have to like face reality. But so yeah, it was like, you know, it's a huge It was a huge stuff that I.
Speaker 7: Had to take.
Speaker 2: You know, having that conversation with my son, Like when you said he would get sad, like would he talk to you about it or you would just notice that he was like no, he was very vulcal and like what would he say, like I want you and Daddy get back together?
Speaker 5: Or then he would be one time we were at Target, he was like, Mom, I want a baby brother or baby sister. And I was like, uh, where do you want me to get a baby brother?
Speaker 2: Target? Yeah, then he goes.
Speaker 7: With my dad and I was.
Speaker 2: Like maybe maybe he thought like maybe if they have a baby. Yeah, And then I was like, let's go look at the toys.
Speaker 5: Maybe we can find like a play doll something, ice c something, and.
Speaker 7: I was like, what's the next option?
Speaker 2: And then like at first he didn't know what to say, and then I was like how old was he around then? He's like eight nine, So it was like a few years. It kept it and went on to this day really even now still to this day. And what is their relationship like? Is it? You know? I mean obviously I think you know, women, we take on a lot of the work, but you know sometimes no, I mean, I don't know. Is your situation in more like you take on most of the work as a parent.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's more so like a work in progress.
Speaker 5: That's like the best way that I can describe it, because we've definitely had our ups and downs where I just hate him and like you're doing this and he might think the same thing. You know, I'm not perfect and I know I make mistakes, and I know Anthony probably communicates.
Speaker 7: To him because he's so vocal.
Speaker 5: So he probably has his way of thinking about me. But I've learned that I just need to let it go and let it be and if you want to be there, you can. I'm not stopping you, but I'm not also forcing you. So that's where we're at. So, but he does see him. He picks them up, like he's picking him up today.
Speaker 2: From school, and he'll be involved.
Speaker 5: He like takes him look to baseball stuff like that, but not as much as I would like for him.
Speaker 7: To be involved.
Speaker 2: When you started your like YouTube chan, are you channel later? Right when you started kind of growing on Instagram? Were you already were you still in your well you guys, were you weren't married? Right? No?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: In your relationship? Like did he see that? What is what does he feel like now seeing like where you were versus now, like the visibility you have and like all the people that look to you for you know, they looked to you for what's beautiful? Really? And was he around during the beginning of that?
Speaker 5: He was around? Like So my old Instagram this was like twenty ten. I started that and it was called sugarpants sugar pants, so underschool, underscore sugarpants. If you look up the hashtag, there's like a bunch of people that like, yeah, it's crazy, why sugarpants?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 5: It was cut I because when I started Instagram, I started it because of the filters. I didn't know it had any meaning. And then people started following me and I was like why and I would start blocking them.
Speaker 7: Don't don't come to my page.
Speaker 5: And then I started working at Mac and then I like kind of picked up on like, oh, this is like social media. And then I don't know if you remember vegas name, so she reposted me and that's where like my platform grew and Vegas Nay was.
Speaker 2: Like this like instagrammer that like was a reposter. It had so many followers, like an influence, and.
Speaker 5: It was like all beauty and like, you know, it was really she's She was really one of the first ones that ever started the repost.
Speaker 2: And then that's when he started seeing that.
Speaker 5: And I would always post Anthony, but I would never post him.
Speaker 2: But for me it was.
Speaker 5: More so because I wasn't sure that I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's also before social media became a thing like actually, like why aren't you posting me? Because now, like if you're in a relationship and you're not posted, it's like you're not in Like you're not in a relationship.
Speaker 5: Even when I was after, I wouldn't post the person that I was with because I just don't think it's anyone's business, you know. But for me went with him. He's a pisces, so he was very sensitive. Especially he always needed reassurance of like tell me that you love me, show me that you love me. And for me, it's like, I do love you, like I don't need to post you somewhere to show you that I love you.
Speaker 2: And it was like a huge problem.
Speaker 5: Because then I posted one of my guy friends, but it was like business related business because it was involving beauty, and he was like, you know, and this was the guy that I went to elementary school, you know, So it was it was definitely really hard. But I can't really tell you what he thinks now because I don't have that communication.
Speaker 2: Like we strictly talk about Anthony and Anthony only you know. Oh what was I about to I was just about to ask you fuck wait, because you have you have almost like you're close to like a million followers, So what do you okay? Because what do you think about boyfriends and husbands being like like the Cagrammers, the agents, Like I'm always curious because I think it's really silly. I think it's fun, but I think it's cute, like they support you know, their girl like which is which is cute. But I've always been like, could anyone I'm dating ever be like like become my life? Now? I couldn't. Do you think he could have been that? Like do you think he would have done that for you? Been you're like videographer and editor?
Speaker 5: And I feel like the love that him and I had was like one in a lifetime. Like I feel like I will always say that he was like the love of my life. Unfortunately I felt out of love. But I will never be able to love someone the way that I love him.
Speaker 2: That's not true. That's not true. No, and like sense of like a person of who he was to me, maybe because he's the father of your child.
Speaker 6: That's you don't think that I find someone else who loves you even more and even better?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 5: I'm saying I will never be able to love someone the way that I love him as a person who he is.
Speaker 2: But you can't say you're already like setting yourself up for like like, oh no, I could love someone else even more, but just maybe just different.
Speaker 6: I get that how I feel about my baby daddy is like as much fed up shit as he's done, and as much as I don't want to be with him, I love him. And I say it's strangely because I know I'm so fucking long. Yeah, it says odd like in a family way, Like I like, it's so we're so close, Like I've never I never thought that I could have a man that I would be that close with because it was just almost like brother like anything, everything like together all the time, but it just doesn't work romantically.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that's exact same way that I feel like I don't want to be with him. I don't love him that way, but like I love him as a human being, who he is, everything that he's done for me, who he is as a father as sometimes I don't want to say that, because he is a great father when he wants to be. But at the same time, it's definitely not who I want to.
Speaker 7: Spend the rest of my life with.
Speaker 5: I don't see myself, and even if I did, I would probably do it for my son.
Speaker 2: Has he had a kid, this is your wife, No, how would you feel.
Speaker 5: I'd be happy because it would make my son happy, because my son wants a sibling and because I don't.
Speaker 2: Want Do you want more kids?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 2: I want at least two more too. Yeah, girl, you done forgot so.
Speaker 5: Technically technically fourteen okay because the whole.
Speaker 2: Pregnancy, Oh yeah, you already forgot or you have that one and be.
Speaker 5: Like, well, my best friend just had a baby after her daughter is twelve yea, and I went to go visit and the baby started crying and I was like, oh my god, like what do I do?
Speaker 2: What do I do? And I was like okay, and then he would be quiet, and then I would sit back down. He was staring. I'm like, oh my god, I could not do this. Yeah, Like I was like just kidding, yeah, like a baby. Yeah, girl, she gets real. I know it looks so cute. And then you're like, what the fuck? I think? Like I've been living this independent AsSalt and is twelve. He can make his own food, literally, like I'm running. He's about to two years, he'll be getting this permit, like you know, my freedom. I feel like it's like the white light is almost right there. I can almost taste it, and then you get pulled back. Yeah, like recently, well, I mean I think obviously hopefully you're you know you have a partner that wants to help you. Yeah, right, hopefully it works out right, you know, have help, but.
Speaker 7: I do Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like once, well, I can't say when I'm ready because you find that it's hard to date, like if when guys find out like because you know, we live in the age of social media. I think it's a lame. I like want to date you because you can help them with a social like can you post me? Can you post my brand? Like I have a new like mixtape dropping.
Speaker 7: That's great.
Speaker 2: I mean that's never happened. To give it to me and I'll drop it. But like, do you find have you ever encountered that?
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, I actually just recently met this guy and he was you know, very you know, fascinated by just my parents. And then you know, the first thing, you know, obviously he asked for my number, and then he was like, what's your Instagram? And I was just like, okay, like is that like what we do now?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is in my mind, you know, And.
Speaker 5: Then I was like okay, so I gave it to him. It's like, oh, you're famous, and I was like no, it's like I'm not. He goes, no, you are, and I was like, okay, it's not going to go anywhere, so I don't know, let it go. And then obviously he probably just like went through my page and saw that I had my son and it kind of got weird after that. And then he like called me randomly on like a Sunday and he was like hey, like what are you doing. It's like, how's your Sunday? And I was like it's going good. I just got home from my son's baseball game, you know, and he was like, oh cool. He was like, so listen, Like I wanted to see if I can take you to dinner so we can talk about like some social media stuff and like how you got And.
Speaker 2: I was like what, I was like cool, Like so he never even wanted to go on a real date with you. He just wanted to talk about social media stuff. Dude, do you do makeup? Like yeah?
Speaker 5: And to me, he said, I just want to pick your brain on how like you got started and like and I was like, well.
Speaker 2: I don't do interviews. Where's my cash? Yeah? Yeah, that's it. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: So after that, like I unfollowed him and I blocked him on my phone because I'm just like, I don't have to really like you're good looking, you look like you have money, and I don't really care about that. But like, no, like that was such a huge turn off, such a huge turn off for me.
Speaker 2: I was, I was just like, damn, he's just my t what is your time? Good looking, big, deep, large penis, well wealthy, tall, dark, you like them, talk like ses mouth, okay, well hardly bearded film not true, It's true, you like like not only but she has a thing she has like you know, everyone has like their little thing that maybe like they are immediately initially attracted to attractive black men, to black men always my son's dad and you're and you're Guatemalan, Im Guatemalan.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So well the boyfriend that he saw me with was black, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure he knew.
Speaker 6: But so since you, baby, I had most most of the guys you dated been black.
Speaker 2: Most of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was one that was also Mexican, but he was he converted to Muslim, and like, I don't.
Speaker 7: Know what he sounds. He sounded like on the phone, he sounded black.
Speaker 6: I woant to suit with Mexican converged to Muslim, it looks sounds like you might have a beer.
Speaker 2: You do not want a Muslim. I've already loved with a Muslim, and I won't convert it as a huge conflict in my life. I don't need to know that. I'm just I just wanted to see. I just don't think I would ever be able to date another Muslim.
Speaker 6: No, No, it's so much extreme. It's such bullshit. I mean, not bullshit if you're Muslim. I'm just saying, like, I know a lot of fake ass Muslims.
Speaker 7: Like it was from Oakland. I think I don't even remember.
Speaker 2: I like try to erase that part of my life because it went, how.
Speaker 6: Would your your mom feel if you brought like you really seriously married a black guy?
Speaker 2: Oh, she would be happy.
Speaker 5: My dad, on the other hand, now I don't like my dad's not I know everyone probably says my dad's not racist, but like he.
Speaker 2: Just culturally though, it's a thing. It's a thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I mean you'll have a conversation with anyone with a wall. But like he told me once, he was like, if you ever come home, I don't know why.
Speaker 7: I was like, did I ever give out that black my dad that I like?
Speaker 2: Definitely girl, No, you know, it's funny because I never used to wear hoops ever. But so he told me that, he was like, if you ever date.
Speaker 7: A black man, I don't ever want to hear from you again.
Speaker 2: Wow, that was young. That's extreme. Yeah, why do I think that is? Like why do you think that is? Because I mean, I think even in the black community there's some of that too, like especially with white people, like you're like a black mom will for sure be like don't bring a white girl home, whereas a black dad might be like not ever son or I don't know. I think it's it depends. It varies from household to household, but it is a thing. But I know, for like definitely in the Latin community, like they want you to marry another lat like another Latino or Latino or white and never black. But you know what, yeah, because I.
Speaker 6: Know other Latino friends, same thing, and like I could I could marry when I'm my friend, I'm thinking about particularly did marry whit guy.
Speaker 2: But I remember in high school she's telling me like, no, well that is I mean, it's that's so deep because it just shows you, like it's like how like the black man, the color even just the color black. It's it's the fear. It's dark, it's bad, you know, and it's influenced. It's like a universal and I love it much. But I just wonder like why, because I mean, that's that everyone knows that, like in the community, you don't really honestly, I never I never asked everything.
Speaker 5: I was so afraid of like having a conversation with him that I was just.
Speaker 2: Like, you never touched back on it. Well, someone tells you I'm not going to fuck with you after that, you don't forget that, I'm not, so so what would you do? Like what if you did have to? My dad has to accept whoever at this point, Like.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to not be with someone just because, But is that a conversation.
Speaker 2: You would have with him before he met whoever you're dating and I don't respect And how do you have that conversation with the person you're dating? Like do you just not even have it and just hope your dad behaves. I think I would to have that conversation with my dad first and see his reaction.
Speaker 6: Maybe he didn't know last morning about you know, not having.
Speaker 2: I think also as a black man, though you know that you already know that though you know it might be an issue. I think, so we're not like they know, just like we just asked. You have to know.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's a it's a universal and I specifically asked, especially like an I like a lot of black men. I know a lot of friends who like don't fuck with like who only fuck with girls outside of their vice.
Speaker 2: I always ask them, like, how does her family take to you? How do you feel about that? Doesn't that matter because black men love women.
Speaker 5: Well, it's so funny because I think, did I tell you this story about my mom?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 5: I had this guy that like I've talked to for years, and he came to see me and.
Speaker 7: I my mom pulled up and we were outside.
Speaker 2: Oh you did tell me this?
Speaker 5: And he's Dominican, and obviously he looks black.
Speaker 2: When I met him, I thought he was black.
Speaker 5: And then she was like so nice to him, and like she just wants to see me happy at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: And she's like, I don't care what color he is, as.
Speaker 7: Long as he's making you happy. But you know, it was just.
Speaker 2: Like and then he busts out that Spanish. Yeah he was oh, even better, even better, And.
Speaker 5: I was like then I couldn't shut the lady up, and I was like, lady, aren't you cold?
Speaker 2: It's cold outside and it'll get us better. That's funny. But I mean, shit, my mom's Latina and my dad's black, and I'm that was It wasn't a thing, but it's a thing I had. I asked you that before, and then I asked you that. Oh, so it was a thing with your mom. I mean, well, my grandfather was white or Portuguese and Irish. She lived his life past her as a white man and living as a white man. And then my grandma is Mexican fully so, but she's first twelve. Yeah, she's first generation American. So she grew up in Colorado, so she was in like a farming town. She was amongst a lot of like Mexican people, but also amongst a lot of white people as well, so she was a little more like not black people though, And like, I don't know, I think it's when I he my grandma talk about black people shouldn't say anything negative, but she'd be like, oh the black guy, yeah, that black guy. Like you feel the tone chain, yeah, yeah, kind of there is. It's like this, it's a tone like she'll never say she, she'll never say she. I don't think she cared. I don't think I don't. Actually I know she didn't. Doesn't really care if my mom was with a Latin man at all. Actually, my family, I feel like my Mexican side of my family try to assimilate, you know, like they tried. They never went back to Mexico. They tried to just wear Americans. Now, you know, my grandma doesn't like to be in the sun. She doesn't wanted to get dark because she can really because I say, if I just saw your grandma, I mean, I mean, it's obvious she's I mean it she to go. It can go either way, like well not white, but you know she's something, but she's doesn't necessarily look what you think Mexican may be.
Speaker 5: Like I don't feel like I get that I'm I'm not Mexican or I never get Guatemala. Ever, they can never figure out what I am. I'm like, I'm Latina, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like it's not it's it's it's it's a thing. The black thing is a thing, even.
Speaker 6: If it's not, even if it's unspoken, you know, it's a thing, even if it's unspoken. That's interesting because I wonder if she's just like even saying, but now but now she.
Speaker 2: Has black she has two black grandchildren. Her daughter has been had children with two black men, Like it's her part of her life now, you know, whereas I feel like had she dated a white she would have been totally there would have been a conversation about dating a white guy. It's totally fine. You know. Did you think your grandmother ever had a conversation with your mom? I don't know, Maybe should ask her. I don't know, just I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, I have family in Houston and they're all married to white men. And I remember, I don't know what we were talking about, and I like said I was talking to her and I was like, oh, yeah, like if you come to my wedding, it's going to be you know, because I'm going to marry a black guy. And she was like all black men cheat about all And then I said to her, I was like all men shei and she was like, no, but I've heard about more like homes coming from like black people because the man cheats.
Speaker 2: And I said, yeah, because.
Speaker 5: Dumbasses stay with like you know, white men, they beat their wives like, oh people, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like it's so many different how people like hear something and then it's like becomes like, oh, that's what it is without any experience. Oh no, I've heard like her husand's probably cheating on her right now.
Speaker 5: Like and then my an she was like, oh no, you would suck up your life if you like marry a black man. When you say why, at that point, I just don't want to hear it.
Speaker 7: You're just not going to be invited to.
Speaker 2: My wife my wedding. It's so interesting, you know, Like I just don't want to deal with that. I don't.
Speaker 6: My life.
Speaker 2: Let it be. Fuck. You might have some really cute kids, but your life is going to be I know.
Speaker 6: And then in the future, like you wanted you want to disregard like ignorant comments and dumb ship and you're like you want to like bring your kids around in the future, but like you can never hear that ship, Like.
Speaker 2: I'm leaving little Jimmy with you. Yeah, you know, little Jimmy, who knows what she's gonna be talking about. So dating, So dating in general, like do you use apps? Are you an Apple? Have you used apps? I have? Yeah?
Speaker 5: In the past. I won't. It's been a few years. I actually have used it when I'm traveling.
Speaker 2: Did you use match dot com like Anthony suggestions?
Speaker 7: The first app that I ever used was tender.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the beginner beginner dating it. Sorry, I got catfished? You got catfished? What happened? Just you know, like many times or one specifically? Then I ended up being in a relationship with the catfish. What's never heard a story like this?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't even know what this means, but.
Speaker 7: No, because then it went really wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what catfish in the sense that when you pulled up he didn't look like the photo or catfish like, he wasn't who So.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I downloaded that and then I matched with a few people, and I like talked to a few people first, and then there was this particular guy who was like very like well spoken, and I was like intrigued, and I was like, okay, he was in a private jet, but his face was like this way and it was kind of like far away.
Speaker 2: So you can't really see like his face. Oh my god, girl, you that's how you unite? Alarming girl, Like that's the one like the private jet, right, then they're in front of like the car. Yes, oh my god, you are a sucker. You are a tender sucker. It was my first you know, go right, and then you have to like squint at this pod and so see, that's what you get for me in shallow. That's what you get shallow. When I wasn't.
Speaker 7: They were just douchebags.
Speaker 2: That's true, you know, happy medium, Yeah, and you know, give me a break. It was my first time, and I was like, okay.
Speaker 5: So we had like great conversation and then he was like I remember vividly what he said. He was like, I'm deleting. Here's my number, I'm deleting the app. So of course I was like, okay.
Speaker 2: What like, you met me and you're deleting it.
Speaker 7: No, we have been speaking for like a few days.
Speaker 2: And then he was like, you're so special. I want to make you feel special.
Speaker 6: There's scammers on tender, Like how like my friend met some guy, my friend, my forefriend met some tender. He said that he was on a remote location in the military.
Speaker 2: Sound I know as soon as she started spit it out, doesn't she know that it's like in the area.
Speaker 6: This is my friends At that time, I called you were like, is this like seventies And she's like no, yeah, oh yeah, okay, And you know, she's like, we was supposed to make this week and he's flying here. Was talked on the phone and like you're talking phone, but you have a FaceTime?
Speaker 2: No he can't.
Speaker 7: Does he not have a kN iPhone?
Speaker 2: He wants to get married. He has all this money anyway.
Speaker 11: Doesn't tender ratchet in location? What do you mean he's getting on of pla my location anyway? Like, so the next week I was doing, I was like, did you meet him? Did you guys at the hotel? He's talking about getting married. I was like, anytime you met a negga on tender and cycle getting married within weeks?
Speaker 2: This is bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was supposed to get his way. He contacted her from Dubai. He got caught up in Dubai. He took all his stuff. He needs her to bail him out. Oh my god, it's like those emails like those.
Speaker 2: And then she did it. I don't know, my friend. She's an older woman, she's not technologically advanced. She probably her husband like five years ago.
Speaker 6: It's like the only husband she's ever only she's ever been with for like since she was twenty met as a waitress. He had money, he took care of her like she has no she had no dating tools.
Speaker 2: Con Oh my god, I hope he didn't. She didn't send money.
Speaker 7: I hope there.
Speaker 2: But wait, so so you're going that's damn. I thought we'd like I forgot. So we ended up talking like I ended up texting him, I think.
Speaker 5: And it just was all champagne and bubbles and it was just like great, like yeah, okay, you met him, okay.
Speaker 2: So then I met him.
Speaker 5: Okay, and then I was like, hm, so short okay, and then doesn't look like anything that was in that picture that we're in those.
Speaker 10: Photos in my mind, I was like walking onto the place, I was like, oh no.
Speaker 2: But he was such a gentleman, like he just treated me like a queen. So he was not cute. He was He's attractive, I think, you think. I mean now I look at him now and I just.
Speaker 6: Like, did you address the elephant in the room, Like did you ever say you just were? He didn't say, like, by the way, I'm just re looking at your profile and which one of these are.
Speaker 2: Because he deleted the thing so that I couldn't. Did he think that you're gonna forget you always had a screen, It doesn't it notify them? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well no, okay, so then after actually, let's take a step back, he actually sent me.
Speaker 7: Photos of him, like I was like, and.
Speaker 5: Then the name was different of his actual name was different than what he had on the app.
Speaker 2: That's what I should have known. So the pictures that he sent you were that was the actually had him. Yeah, but when I texted him, I texted him the.
Speaker 5: Name of that he had on the app, and then he was like, oh, my name is actually David.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's I don't know, like maybe he was embarrassed to be on the app, so he made a different name. Happened in the long term, Yeah, so what ended up happening? He ended up he was so gentleman like he didn't have a jet.
Speaker 12: He didn't have a jet, okay, mos importantly above all, it just.
Speaker 2: You know, it was just very manipulative and like verbally abusive, like you know, you guys like started dating.
Speaker 5: Yeah we were together, but I never posted him or anything like how long.
Speaker 2: Did you guys date?
Speaker 7: For a few months.
Speaker 5: And then I was just like, I can't I can't do this because he was going.
Speaker 2: Through a lot.
Speaker 5: Just let's just say that. And like I was there for him because that's just who I am. I was just like, let me just be there for you.
Speaker 2: And I just couldn't. I couldn't take it anymore. I'm like, you can't like call me a whore and a bitch because.
Speaker 7: I'm not answering.
Speaker 2: Oh no, hell no, No. That's the kind of guy that like will send your news to people or something like this.
Speaker 6: Any sign of that you get cut the fuck off yet start acting psycho boom boom boom.
Speaker 5: But see at the time, because I was like so infatuated with how he treated me, well, that's how I.
Speaker 2: Cook for me.
Speaker 5: He would like, would never let me pay for anything, was just like all about me and.
Speaker 2: Like so respectful and like you know, like completely winning.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, when that was percent, it was crazy.
Speaker 5: So it took me like a whole year to like be okay with not being with him because I was, like I can say I was like in love with him or the idea of who was Yeah, and then when I started seeing his true colors and I was like, oh my god, I need.
Speaker 2: To get out, and I did, and I like, just, I like, don't so because of that? Are you not? Have you been on a dating app since then? No?
Speaker 5: Not doing it And I've actually I have. I tried Rya, but like it's I.
Speaker 2: Is so Caucasian. I went on there Caucasian. I don't have a phone right now because I dropped in the pool two days ago. But I went back on Rya recently just to take a gander see if there's something new. Girl, I was like, why is it the same people? Like I literally saw the same guys I saw like six months ago.
Speaker 6: Yes, Ryot is racist, I know.
Speaker 2: It's just like literally they don't have enough people on there.
Speaker 5: Let people you like swipe once and they're like, please hold right, you've.
Speaker 2: Been swiping too eagerly. Yeah, Like we're trying to cultivate real relationships, so we're gonna limit your swipes. I'm like that, I'm paying for this. I should go to swipe. However the fuck I want to swis being funny about who they're letting is. And then any guy I've ever matched with on Rya, like we talk and we never meet up. Yeah, you never met anyone on Ryan like actually met somebody, whereas on Tinder, I've met like multiple people. Have you tried it on a hinge? I've recently been on Hinge? I did what was the other one? Bumble bumble. I don't like bumble because I don't like to talk first.
Speaker 5: See that, like because I just felt that because like the situation happened with Tender, I feel more comfortable, like if I want to talk to you, I can talk to you.
Speaker 2: If not, then I don't need to. So every time I go to New York, well not every time, but I have traveling using apps is great. Yeah, I mean that's that's why I fell in love with Tinder, because I only used it when I traveled and I met like it felt it always felt like a whirlwind, Like it always felt like a when I know here and roman.
Speaker 5: When I don't turn it off, I like open it to see if I turned it off, and it'll like match me with like my neighbor or something, and I'm just like, oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Need to my neighbor. Yeah, oh yeah, I know. That's why don't you won't do it?
Speaker 6: I just I think guys are so dumb to think that you're going to go on an app to get dick like I could just go on my phone book like like like when they're trying to get like straight to it, I'm like, dude, this is not it's not happening.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I went on an app to get penis at first. That's why I was on Tinder initially because I didn't have any one in my phone internet creep. And that's why I promoted Tinder for people that don't know how to get their feet wet, because like I like, I wasn't. Really I don't know on dates you get like I don't. She literally goes to have dinners to eat. I love to eat the same, and I.
Speaker 6: Can put up with like anybody's conversation for three meals.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, how's your how's your? Hinge?
Speaker 6: Guy?
Speaker 2: The only one I wanted to date with. He's actually cool. So Jamila met this guy on Hinge and I'm trying to think of a name for him, Jay okay Jay, and I can't. We can't even call a bay he can he No, he can't. Oh I feel bad. I hope he did never listen. Oh boy thought of Bay yet because it's still working on it. Yeah, Denielle thinks he lied about his age what do you think. I think I.
Speaker 6: Would hope guys are not lying about their age, but I keep hearing that they are, and it's like, I lie.
Speaker 2: I don't know. He said forty two, so it's not like he said thirty five.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, so you think he's older.
Speaker 2: That's it. My friend thinks does he look older? You know, it's hard to.
Speaker 6: Tell with black men because you know, we've been looking thirty five till about seventy.
Speaker 2: Now. I met a guy in New York and he was.
Speaker 5: What, forty three, Not that he lied about it, but he didn't look forty three.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like I don't I just don't want you to lie. I think that's like I don't care how old you are. I just don't lie. Dinner doesn't have an age.
Speaker 2: Your wallet doesn't have an age. It may have a limit. Fact, and the older you.
Speaker 6: Get, I'm helping the limit is getting up because you're older, you've been doing this longer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that's like my first after my I broke it off with, you know that one person.
Speaker 2: I don't even.
Speaker 5: I met this guy in New York and he was like, actually staying in the same hotel from that app No, no, no, So that I went to New York for for work and he was staying in the hotel and like, I was like, oh my god, my weakness is black man with like a baseball cap and a white.
Speaker 4: Shirt what I like, I don't know, and a white shirt waiting that's amazing nice yeah, gray sweatsuit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and like a super chocolate man in a white share it with nice tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the white T shirt and the white teeth and the chocolate. So basically, he's going to the all white party. He's going to party, Jess. I'm just saying, well, and you know, niggas love to wear all white. Can't wait for a party where they get to wear all white, like you want to all white party, can get a fresh teath some new Air Force once and it have to be new.
Speaker 5: So yeah, So I met him and I was just like, oh my, he had colored eyes, and I was like, oh my good lord, what.
Speaker 7: Am I going to do?
Speaker 5: And like I didn't know, Like I was just like I think I'm ready, Like I think I'm ready to just like go and this I think it had been.
Speaker 2: Like nine months and I just went for it. You to his Roman? Did it? No?
Speaker 7: Not that night?
Speaker 5: That was nice.
Speaker 2: That was. That was the second that was like the second night, what was it four hours later?
Speaker 7: But he was like, you know, I.
Speaker 5: Didn't want to because I was like I didn't know, like I'm in New York, Like I don't want to do that. And then found and then I found out that he lives in LA actually lives in this area in the valley. And then I was just like, Okay, I guess I can because maybe I need someone I get back home.
Speaker 2: And I did it, and then I was like, whoa, it's a good story.
Speaker 7: It was very I mean moving for hours.
Speaker 2: Soon was that.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I had any like success stories on apps.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know whatever, Jay's school.
Speaker 5: But after that situation, I was just like not doing it like that, like not in for a relationship.
Speaker 2: I mean it depends like what your expectations. Sometimes I feel like I've had success stories and I'm not with anyone from an app, you know what I mean, you have had success stories high level, I mean if they're not my boyfriends or girlfriends. Just like I've had really great experiences, I've also had mediocre experiences.
Speaker 5: But but this was what like five years ago, right, so it was like a long time ago. So now I just don't even think about it, cause I'm like, I know what you want.
Speaker 2: That's not what I want. So I'm not gonna even waste my time for your time.
Speaker 6: So I just remember I have to text trembling Bay friends, Oh trembling Bay.
Speaker 2: Lips friend Trimling Lip trembling. He's a former Bay that I had met on Tinder okay, and she matched with his friend on Hinge the other day. Dating must be difficult, because I mean, I if you guys listen, if you guys like know, like like the influencer life may be a fucking traveling all over the goddamn place and going on trips and shit, and literally I went on we Beauty Bleunder had one like in fl We've had one influencer trip, and I thought I was gonna die. I was like, how do they do this every weekend? Every week or every few months even because it's so much alcohol, and like everyone on that trip was like handling like a g and I was like, I got to keep up. I'm like, I'm on two hours of sleep, Like the fuck I'm probably like and now and those and those experiences you're having so much fun. But most of the time you're with like gay men, Like you're with a lot of gay men and girl husbands or or husbands. Yeah, that's true. So like, how do you meet people? I mean, honestly, you'reparently not really meeting people.
Speaker 7: I'm not because I.
Speaker 5: Really don't go anywhere when I'm like home, I'm like, I work from home. So I go and I pick up Anthony and come home, take them to baseball, go home, record, and I do like all that stuff. But I told my friends here and I was like, hey, like we need to start going places.
Speaker 6: I like this.
Speaker 7: I'm like dry as a desert. There's like no nothing.
Speaker 6: You know, I get that way. I get like attention, you know, crazy than I get them the apps and then I go.
Speaker 7: I'm not like that.
Speaker 2: I really don't care so much about attention. I'm justause you get it all day every day on your Instagram's four commons you are beautiful. Speaking of which do you get like, I'm sure because you have so many followers like you probably get like a lot of hate too. No, no, no one ever says mean shit.
Speaker 5: To you before, like a long time ago, they used to always like be that's I mean, you look like a man or like like just dumb shit, honestly, but at first I would like fight back, like hock you bitch, go wipe your child's ass that like stop being on Instagram, like go take care of your child.
Speaker 2: Like you're saying positive things.
Speaker 5: On your bio, but you're coming in trash, like trash talking me when I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing anything to you. I just bother you. Then get off my page, you know what i mean, Like it would bother me.
Speaker 7: But now I'm just like.
Speaker 2: Keep them coming. You're putting money in my bank.
Speaker 5: So that's honestly how I look at it, Like you want to be negative, like I'm gonna let you be negative.
Speaker 2: And even when I go on live. When I go on live, I get.
Speaker 5: More they're like, oh, like you're hoe and you're a bitch, you're a hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 5: I'm like yeah, or like nasty stuff like let me see your tits and like get up, like chose your nipples and I'm like hold on, let me put my brush down and I'll let me do it now one second.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But aside from that, like if you read, most of my comments are never anything negative and it's like more people that I have a connection with, like through social media that like.
Speaker 7: Have like always comment on my photos.
Speaker 2: So well that's good, yeah, because I feel like I can imagine, like I guess people. I guess maybe makeup, like if you're following a makeup instagrammer or like YouTuber more because you want to follow them, right like you want to look for them. Whereas I think if you'l like a cele I don't know, for some reason, I think, I don't know why, but it's maybe I think it's more like we're looking to you because we we think that you know, we're we're more relatable, and also like they're looking to you for beauty and inspiration. Yeah, Whereas when people might be following like something like a celebrity in that way, like a like an actor or something, it's more I don't know, sometimes it's jealousy or but they still follow them, but they still follow them. Yeah, Like people follow Kimkardashian, but the hater you know what I mean, and they want to comment say shit, but it's like you know, so maybe it's like d it's different in that way. Have you ever had any like weird stalkers or anything like that. No, that's good. I mean.
Speaker 5: The current situation that I had with my ex, he wouldn't leave me alone still to this day, like call and I'm like, why are you calling me?
Speaker 7: I've never answered an email a phone call?
Speaker 2: Like do you think that there's like a higharchy in the beauty world when it comes to influencers, do you like meaning like, for example, like in rap there's especially for women, there's like can only be like one rap girl? Like in beauty, like is there like only a few like three? I don't really see, Like maybe I'm not maybe I don't know every influencer or whatever, but like there's like one really big black influencer like that I can think of off the top of my head. There's a few, but there's the one that you think of. And then like as far as like do you think like race as far in in in in the beauty influencer world, like kind of is in is it in? Is it a thing? Like do you notice that?
Speaker 5: Like I never looked at it that way, but now that you're saying and maybe so, like I feel like there is like an every single race, there is one.
Speaker 2: One you think of or maybe not like one or two or something, you know that's getting all like the brand, like the bigger brand deals yea, and like because it kind of I mean it is it's entertainment. It's like the entertainment.
Speaker 6: Well, every industry is gonna be like microcosm of the real world, so like you know, like it's gonna be in every type of industry.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a little bit of because I remember even when we're talking about Depica, when we interviewed Depica, oh and she was talking, Yeah, she's so sweet. I love her too. And we interviewed her and we talked about you know, her being Indian and her always being like the token brown girl in the campaign or like, and she was like it offended her, but she was just happy that she could even be there to represent that because it wasn't being represented before. Yeah, And so I'm just curious, like because she's she but she's she's an influencer, but she's kind of moved away from that and now I was like more doing her lib tinted brand, whereas like, you know, you you were constantly and actively like creating content all the time. Like I don't know how you do it, Like I don't know how you come up with any more makeup looks? That's another thing. I'm like, how how you are so creative because it's like how could like I get asked to do a makeup to Tori and I'm like, so a natural beat again, my favorite one, more natural. Maybe we'll do like a maybe a silver highlight this time. I'm like so uncreative, like cause I feel because you're a real artist, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I started as a makeup art and so this is what you would get like out of me, Like I would never do my makeup because I just didn't. I've found my passion doing makeup on others and when I started doing it on myself and obviously like I got better at it, and I'm like, oh, like I can do this, and I can cut my crease and I can do a wing win or and I can do it a cut. I like so many different ways. And then like now I'm just more so inspired by like not people that are here like overseas, like you.
Speaker 7: Know people that get so creative.
Speaker 5: Like there's this one girl, I think it's by Brokel.
Speaker 2: She's so talented like her like her skills, her blending skills is what gets me every time, and I'm like.
Speaker 5: How, like I spend hours blending my shit still doesn't look like that, you know. But it's just like her talent, you know, and like I just try to practice to be as good as her. I'm not gonna be here because I don't want to be here. I just want to be as good as her. So I just get a like inspiration from like so many different people.
Speaker 2: And I always like talk about it, you know, because if you if you weren't doing makeup, what would you be doing? Is there any do you have any other dreams or aspirations outside of you know, beauty? Uh? Massuse? Really? I love giving massages.
Speaker 5: Oh good to know, yeah, because kink I'm so good at it that Like even like Angel Macdaddy, he every single time, like or at his house, He's like, can you massage in my back?
Speaker 7: And I'm like, oh my god, here we go.
Speaker 2: But I don't mind it because like I really do enjoy doing it.
Speaker 5: Like I feel like it's just pleasing people, you know that I like love to do or a singer, but I know I can't a singer, Yeah, I cannot singer.
Speaker 2: What you want to be a singer? For you just want to be on stage. Yeah, I just like love to I love music.
Speaker 5: Music is like I can't do anything without music, you know. So when I do my Instagram videos where there's no audio, like, I blast music and like you'll see I show you my things, I'll be singing like crazy.
Speaker 2: So if you were singer, what kind of music would you be singing?
Speaker 6: R and B?
Speaker 5: Like very Yeah, I'm such I remember I did a video with this DJ.
Speaker 7: Her name is DJ Leslie.
Speaker 2: I don't do you know?
Speaker 1: M h.
Speaker 5: She does like a lot of beauty events and I have my nineties R and B playlist and one of her she went live in one of her followers or subscribe or whatever. He's like, oh, she must her man must be black because I like listen to like like classic nineties R and B, and that's all I listened to.
Speaker 2: I listened to like trap music, but mostly yeah, it's like my my kind of music. Fine, yeah, me too, me too. Listen to ninety four point seven ninety four point seven. Wait, I was listening to that yesterday. Actually on the way was ninety seven point four. I was ninety four point seven ninety four point seven. I was driving to my to meet Happy way and I needed like a like a energy happiness boost. Yeah, And I put that on and I was like, I do. I was feeling real good. I drove there. I was like, I'm in a really good mood. Nothing's gonna fuck this up, right, They said, the commercial fucking radio commercials and they still have these. Well, because I don't have my phone, I've been forced to listen to the radio past todays. And I told you, I'm like, what are they playing on the radio or even not even me from my computer. I was like, I don't even have I don't even know these songs. There's stuff like all these specifically LA songs that they only play on LA Radio. I'm like, I don't even know who this is? Who is this? I don't know?
Speaker 9: Very interesting Radio point seven. I'm gonna I think I've listened to them before. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, you guys, me and Griselda did a video. Oh yeah. I went over to her house and we did a YouTube video. I don't really think it was a tutorial. I don't believe. We just got distracted and we forgot to show the products we were using and ship like but my my makeup and she was late and I had to go pick up Iry from the airport from her my baby daddy. You better believe. I was like, Hi, what did he say? He needed to say shit because he never said shit, but I was looking really cute. I'm sure he thought I was coming from a very important place because he thinks I have a boyfriend. He told me that yesterday. Oh he did he or two days ago. He was like, you know, you have a whole boyfriend. And I was like, oh, is that what you think? I wonder where I got that from. You look at my insta ring. I don't even but I don't even post my happy happy bag. It's not my boyfriend. Let's be clear. Like, what's her name?
Speaker 7: What's her name?
Speaker 2: Be Simon my boyfriend? What's up? Oh? No, she is, but I know that name be Simone too. She's hilarious. She's like inspiration. Is she like she had she were? She's kind of big and has big glasses and she does inspirational like pop.
Speaker 5: While you're confusing her, that's Jay, I know who you're talk about.
Speaker 2: She's hilarious. She doesn't like like I like her. She's like.
Speaker 5: She's a comedian and like you have to watch her she goes crazy with like men, like she calls them their boyfriend, like her boyfriend. She was like, that's my boyfriend, but it's like a tone, the tone that she like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Have a boyfriend.
Speaker 9: Guys, so very clear, I'm single, no boyfriend, but I am in love.
Speaker 2: Her updates when I'm ready to know. I love, but I'm single, So okay, call me there. How does one take that? Like, I don't know, I don't know. It's navigating through my current situation. It's definitely alternatives and I don't know. If I don't know, I don't know how I feel about it yet, I'm like still figuring it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because i feel like I'm at a point where like I'm blocking my feelings because I just don't want to feel that because I feel like I'm ready, but I'm scared that I'm ready, you know.
Speaker 6: We don't want to get hurt probably yeah, or waste time crazy.
Speaker 5: Like I've recently, like you know, expressed my feelings to someone and I was not that I'm afraid of rejection, but I was always afraid of that person.
Speaker 7: Not feeling the same way.
Speaker 2: And not that he doesn't feel the same way, he's just.
Speaker 5: Not ready, and he's very he was very honest with me and like it hurt, but I also appreciated his honesty, you know, because he could have easily taken that and like ran with it.
Speaker 2: So that's why I was like asking, like, how do you how do you deal with that?
Speaker 5: Like for me, I'm just like I'm gonna shut it up, like not feel again.
Speaker 2: I mean I like that. I'm I mean, it's I.
Speaker 6: Don't know, you would like to think that you're like that. The shee says, You're not really shutting shit off, like you'll numb it for a little bit. You'll like say, like well, like do other things so to distract from those feelings.
Speaker 2: That overall, like if you feel some way about someone, it's kind of there.
Speaker 5: But then they do something and it's like I'm the type of person you do something and you just like completely turn you off.
Speaker 2: That can happen too, and I'm just like, never mind, Yeah, it takes me a while, Like I'm I'm like I'll give you, which is probably not good. I Mean, sometimes I ignore red flags because I'm like, say, maybe it was just that one time, But I'm in the place now where I'm like I'm in a place where like recently, like I was telling you, like I was me and happy bear and an open it's not a relation. I don't even know how to describe it, because we're not in a relationship, like not even like that, but we are in a relationship, because even we're in a relationships, it's in a relationship. But I was recently confronted with the fact that he is talking to other women, and it's something that I haven't yet had to experience because when we're together, it's very isolated and it feels like we're in a relationship and we don't talk about it. But when I saw that, I was like, Okay, we need to talk about this because it like when I saw it, I was immediately angry. I was immediately super jealous. I wanted to like cry a little bit, and then I had to like work through my emotions and be like, Okay, he's done nothing wrong, Like you guys are doing this, so either work through these emotions because you're trying to try something different and you're trying to like let go of this idea of possession in a world relationship and ownership. So then let's work through this because this is like this is the lesson right here. Yeah, but also like being real with myself, like I was saying too, like okay, but do you actually like to do this? This is what you really want to do though, you know, like would you be okay doing this for like another year? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, And I don't know. The answer is I don't know. This is the first time I've had to really deal with it, and vice versa. We've been honest with each other, and he can't really deal with it even though this was his idea, Like never, never did I think I was going to be in a relationship where like the man is mad, he cares too much, Like it's usually the opposite, and that's why it's like life is so fucking hilarious.
Speaker 5: But I think it's because you're so open, Like we talked about this, but it's like, give me the choice, and.
Speaker 2: I think that that's where you guys are at, Like you know, yeah, I need the choice, I need the choe. I need to know what my options are. Therefore, I need to know what you're doing to make sure that I want to continue to do this and vice versa. But you know, I don't know. Relationship ships man confusing you're can't be dosing, he asks. Anyway, we have we have a someone that wrote in that wants some advice, so okay, you can help us answer this question? Is this the whole thing? I think? I want to remain anonymous, but like, how would y'all communicate? Okay, how would y'all communicate with your friends whose man sabotagees trips? She goes on without him even if she invites him, telling her she ain't finna do this, tell her she ain't tell her she ain't gonna do this. Every weekend, he been stuck doing this all day. He's been basically, he's been doing this all weekend, watching their three kids, just yelling I love my friend, but I just want to be a better support I just want to be a better support system because the whole weekend could have gone smoother, but for some reason he had to act like that with with her when she's with me? Or learn? Is that it a learned to redirect energies? Is that it? Mm hm? Basically, how do you talk to your.
Speaker 6: Friend about her toxic baby daddy that's sabotaging you guys's plan?
Speaker 7: Are they together?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: I assume so? Yeah, with the baby daddy and her together, they watch she's at home, he was at home watching their three kids. They came out here from Modesto, California. They came to oursh They were coming to our show.
Speaker 6: What she's going to be anonymous because the friend listens, Okay, we'll cut that out.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Basically, how do how does she tell her friend that her baby daddy's annoying as fuck and controlling? You can't really do it.
Speaker 6: I mean, like, I've been in that space, and my baby daddy tryed to sabotage anything I ever did by calling me seventy five times, calling my friends seventy five times, harassing me, calling me names seventy five times an hour. And the truth is, there's really not sure you can do about it until that friend is done. For like, like you just gonna avoid hanging out with her because you already know what it's going to be. Or if you're like, look, bitch, you either get in the car at three or I'm leaving you.
Speaker 2: Like these are the stuffs you have to go through.
Speaker 6: With people in those type of relationships because as long as they accept it, you kind of accept it too.
Speaker 2: You don't have to detached from it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you have to know where if you can invite her places, and how's the tight time schedule is, or she needs to ride by herself because that's just what it is, or if you even want to deal with that, Like sometimes energy is just so toxic for yourself.
Speaker 5: It's like, Okay, I'm gonna go away for the weekend, but my friend's coming and then I already know that I'm leading.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so don't invite her. I mean I think you have to tell her. I think you owe her and to tell her. And because you can't just be like just stop inviting her places, because if she's your real friend, if she really means a lot to you.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of times in these situations, the fucked up part is.
Speaker 2: You do tell your friends a lot. A lot you hear them complains.
Speaker 6: I mean this is only in that situation if you just hear the same complaints and the same excuses, and you're constantly dealing with the same toxic energy. Yeah, at some point you gotta just like take it for what it is and stop inviting people.
Speaker 2: We have been there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and when she's done, she'll be you know, you guys can go back to that. But sometimes even for me, when I was in that place, I would stop talking about it sometimes when I could handle, when I could take not talking about it, because I already knew it was annoying, already knew I needed to do right.
Speaker 5: Maybe she's not there that her friend is, like, she doesn't think it's annoying.
Speaker 2: She probably won't like that. She probably doesn't like it, but she's used to it. I mean, she has three kids with this man. You know, she's all in right now and probably doesn't see the words talks or like yeah or is that you know, there's nothing you can do boo. Basically you just have to decide, you know, is she the friend you invite on trips or not? And like you've probably already told her her baby daddy's annoying as fuck, right like I would have already told her. I'm like, damn again, you know, So there's really not much you can do. You just kind of like, don't invite her on a trip again, and don't you dare ever miss don't you ever miss our live show again. Yeah, that's that's all I got for you.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, that's it for today, ladies and gentlemen, I'm starving like Marvin.
Speaker 2: Thank you Griselda for coming on and sharing your stories and I love you. I love you too, And yeah, check out our video. Check out our video on Griselda's page. It's make up by Griselda on YouTube and on Instagram and on Instagram. Yes, and you need to check out her page anyway, because she makes she just does beautiful, beautiful bomb makeup. And maybe you'll catch her doing her beer trick.
Speaker 7: I don't know what beer trick you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm gonna put her on a blast, but Griselda's has a beer trick. I can chuck a beer in like less than ten seconds. Would you like to do that? I don't want to check about I've seen it. I get to see it in person. But every time, every time she's out, what the fuck? And it's usually I feel like it's Mac Daddy that's always encouraging you to everybody I see. It's like Angel Angel recording it, like watch her go. How drunk do you get after that?
Speaker 7: I don't get drunk. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: Beers don't get if you drink them fast, if you did, if you drink like if.
Speaker 5: I do like maybe like your four like fast and I'd be like buzz no, yeah, not drunk girl, beer does Now did you learn that you could do that trick?
Speaker 2: You just did it one day? No, So me and my brother, like my brother started checking my beer and I was like, oh, I can beat you.
Speaker 7: And of course the first time, I almost like vomit.
Speaker 2: Because it was so much. It was like so much like practices. Oh yeah, I was like, I'm gonna yeah, and I still do that. What that mouth did. That mouth swallows a whole beer. It knows how to do a lot of things. Multi talented. No, I mean I brought it up. So anyway, you guys have a wonderful day and we will catch you next week and pick up our merch. Oh yeah, check out our website. We have some We're about to put some more things on there very shortly, some cool shit. Good Mom's Bad Choices dot com do I always want to say ben Moms good Choices always. Oh and by the way, we're exiting out this episode with our girl Mindy from the Thick Podcast song so Blanco blancoy, Hey girl, Hey, so turn this ship up?
Speaker 6: Bye bye?
Speaker 13: Okay, so a blanco best The Leaf on the hancho. I'm making fascated pronto Jehovah. No, I met your front dope. I got the word, got the paper, got the birthday to come in front of watch Tabby.
Speaker 2: Fine.
Speaker 13: Our might be just because deportation never been a fair. I've been skipping tea up safe for years, sending battles out to may. I've wine blackish niggas, no defauts.
Speaker 2: A line, see, I've been. I've been on. My game is too strong.
Speaker 13: Travels of countries, results don't exist on names, sim buzza and places.
Speaker 2: I ship on niggas break easy when niggas like crayons.
Speaker 13: I've been on a date night head aboard labor