Speaker 1: I just had a total Arran moment. Great working a flight from La Newark. I was trying to give mister Andrew Whitworth a compliment and it came out so wrong.
Speaker 2: So I just kept talking and talking and I made it worse. Why is this me? Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio?
Speaker 1: Did you notice that every one of those girls was wearing the same outfit short, black skirt, boots.
Speaker 2: Leather jacket. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that was the theme there was. There must have been ten of them, all wearing the same numbers. They could have been our children. And with that we welcomed you to the Calm Down Podcast. We actually had a date night last night, the four of us.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: It was the six thirty, six thirty reservation, so early bird special and thank god it was because we got kicked out at ten ten, ten o'clock. It was it was literally they were moving the tables around us like okay, get up, now, get up. But I was very proud of us for following through, especially in yes, this is our pregame, but we are Super Bowl bound here soon enough.
Speaker 2: But without further ado let's get in.
Speaker 1: Apologies to everyone that we didn't really have an episode this past week. We had a week off to get ready for the super Bowl, and can I just say, where the hell did the week go? I'll tell you it's Saturday, and we leave Monday Tuesday. I'll tell you where it is. And we're going to talk about it on the Big Show. Because the amount of appointments that you and I you would think that, you know, we've never worked a super Bowl before. Excited to talk all things Big Game right after this, starting with Anonymous, have been in the same field for ten years, but hate my job, not sure what to do next? Okay, all right, You're not alone in this. I feel like a lot of people get up every morning and they go to work and they're like just that hamster wheel and Groundhog Day and not motivated and not excited. I hate that for you because life is too short. I understand that we are very, very lucky and in the minority that we get to do a job that we absolutely love. So let's make a list, Anonymous, of the things that you love to do, whatever that is. Start with your passions, and then see if your passions can actually become a monetary aspect, like, have a monetary component, because if you.
Speaker 2: Do something you love and you never work a day in your life, so start with that and then figure out how.
Speaker 1: To excavate yourself from the job you're currently and don't get rid of that job until you know you have something else lined up.
Speaker 2: What do you say?
Speaker 1: Yeah, excavator is a big song in my house right now with Elmo escavateescavator. Wait, wait, an excavator like you, oh excavator? I was like, is that a hybrid of an excavator and an escalator?
Speaker 2: What is that? Pops?
Speaker 1: Oh my goll right, I'm sober. All right, Debbie O'Neill, When you named your podcast, were you guys thinking about us or you goals? I think it was just something we said all the time when we were talking about everything in life, like calm down, Okay, you need to calm down.
Speaker 2: Calm down. That's what we were doing.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what were some of the other ones we had to I don't think I still.
Speaker 2: Want to go keep up cheap op. Yeah, we're good here, I think we're good. Here was fine. I thought we're good. Here was close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But ultimately it was because it calmed down is a unanimous phrase that ever, especially in today's I mean, and we didn't even honestly, we didn't even do it because of tailor, but then it just all worked out with our love of her and everybody else listening to this podcast, Phoebe Mac thirty five feel like my gals and I lost touch because of work and schedules. Advice, Well, Phoebe, as we just opened up our pre game talking about about it, you have to make time. Everyone's schedules are busy, and you can use that as an excuse for the rest of your life, or you can prioritize your friendships the same way that you book an appointment for a facial or you book an appointment for the dentist, or whatever the scheduled thing is. Is schedule time for your friends, schedule time for your loved one, like a date night every Tuesday, whatever it may be. I think that if those friendships matter enough to you, then you make time for them, because you can always have an excuse.
Speaker 2: That you're busy.
Speaker 1: Very true. This one is a great one. Anonymous. How do you deal with that shitty co worker? That's funny? Be nice, you go, I don't know. I mean, I'm so grateful. Everybody I work with is so wonderful. Yeah, we are very lucky. We love all of our co workers.
Speaker 2: Daisy.
Speaker 1: We are not looking for your opinion at this time. Thank you though for hang in.
Speaker 2: How do you deal with the shitty co worker?
Speaker 1: I'm kind of in this phase of my life where I'm like, let's go, like just if they know that you don't like them, or I don't know, I uh, I think, Okay, there's two ways to look at this. You can be mature and just show up and smile day and you're laying do your job and avoid that person if you can. Now, if you can't, you have to work together in some capacity just grin and Barrett. Or you can just go, which is my new motto, straight to the source and go, Look, you don't like me, I don't like you, but we have to work together. So let's just make the most of it. And then it's not like this where I hate the elephant in the room. I'm done with the elephants. The elephants are free and back in the Safari. They're no longer in the room. We're no longer having awkwardness. We're just direct line straight to the source. Yeah, I'm really into I can't really function unless I tell you how I feel or we air this thing out.
Speaker 2: So that's my advice. But be nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can still be classy about it. I think there's somewhere in between the combination of both of those. Yeah, I Meliott Elliott friends breaking up their engagement, known them for ten years, being asked to take sides? How to handle that's so hard? Christ and Steve have not even been dating ten years. And I couldn't take a side. I would be very No, yes you could, it would be Steve's side. I tell you what side you're taking. I know for a fact that you're gonna go on Steve's side because he's easier.
Speaker 2: To get along with.
Speaker 1: Friends breaking up their engagement so hard?
Speaker 2: What are the side to take sides? There you go. I don't get it. You don't need those friends move on? You should break up with them. No, that's crazy. No, you shouldn't have to take sides. Let's not cool down. No, that gets yeah, that gets a little tricky. Tricky.
Speaker 1: But if you are being asked to take sides, I think that you go with the side that you've known the longest order that you're the closest to.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feeling must have done something like to the other person breaking up the engagement, and it got volatile, and it's like you have to pick a side. Now he did this to me or she did this to me, and now you have to be Oh, you're going to go with them? You know what they did to me?
Speaker 2: This is crisy. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm so sorry, Susie. I mean, yeah, mel Leiot, I need more information. I also now I'm invested in why the engagement's broken up?
Speaker 2: What did they do? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have questions. Please follow up with that. We gave you no advice on how to handle it. I'm so sorry, but now we're invested.
Speaker 2: Susie, do the wrong name. I love the name, Susie. What a great name, huh, Susie Cakes, Susie Rogers.
Speaker 1: You're adorable as a successful and beautiful as successful and beautiful women.
Speaker 2: Have you ever well, Susie, look at how beautiful we look.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in a relationship where the guy is jealous or insecure because you work with men and especially travel with men. I have struggled with this in most my relationships and curious how to resolve it. Would you like to start? Because I don't feel like you've been in a relationship like that. Yeah, I mean I don't really think I've been in many relationships. I'll be honest, but my husband is friends with all my coworkers. He really doesn't care, and he also understands from I guess the athlete side of things. You know, I've got some and so calling me. I've got a hey, wait, sorry, I've got to wait for him. It's after our practice. Yeah, I'm one hundred years old. He's not worried about it. Steve's the first boyfriend slash relationship literally, the first boyfriend I've ever had, which is probably why it's my most successful one that is not jealous to the point where we've talked about it before. I have to like try to make him jealous, Like I'm like, hello, do I need to what's happened to that?
Speaker 2: To him? No, I know that's your friend.
Speaker 1: I will not hurt his feelings, but I just know I've been in so many relationships that well, first of all, that sounds bad.
Speaker 2: I have been in so many os.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just always clearly picked insecure guys, which is so annoying in a turn off. There's nothing sexier than Steve's confidence in himself to not be worried about me traveling with guys, working with guys, being out late.
Speaker 2: I mean, we get off for Amazon, We're off the air.
Speaker 1: At like one o'clock in the morning, go get a drink afterwards, and it's like two o'clock in the morning. I am yeah, I mean, fuck, you know how much time I wasted in my life having to be in the corner with these insecure fucks like I'm and then I have to FaceTime because they don't believe where I am, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: This is crazy our super Bowl. I'm sorry, literally crying.
Speaker 1: Aaron just worked the Super Bowl and she's having to console me in the corner because I'm crying because I'm in a terrible relationship because the person's literally ruined the entire super Bowl for us. It was awful, awful, awful. And you're an amazing friend because you I'm surprised Jared didn't kill him. He was like, guys, come.
Speaker 2: On, let's go awful.
Speaker 1: So, Susie, my suggestion to you is, if the guy is insecure, if the guy is jealous and you have to You have are taking things away from your job or from time and all that stuff because of his issues. By you need to break up with that guy. You need to find someone that's secure. It saves you so much time and energy. My answer is not saving you time and energy.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Next, No, it was a good one. It was a really good one. I think I'm gonna like this one. Jacqueline backap. So, I just had a total errand moment great working a flight from La Newark. I was trying to give mister Andrew Whitworth a compliment and it came out so wrong.
Speaker 2: So I just kept talking and talking and I made it worse. Why is this me? Why would we do this?
Speaker 1: We?
Speaker 2: I'm with Carissa.
Speaker 1: I never want to meet my idol because after this encounter, it would it would just be a horrible nightmare. So my question is, when a compliment goes bad, what we mean? Well, do we just shake it off? Sign an embarrassed flight attendant? Oh my god, I need to know what happened. You're okay, Jacqueline. I'm gonna tell you right now. If there was anyone in the world that would not care if you were babbling, rambling any of that. It's one mister Andrew Whitworth, Walter Payton, Man of the Year.
Speaker 2: I get it. I get that.
Speaker 1: There's like that moment where because Aaron knows and she's seen me do it, where I will let nerves take over and I won't shut the fuck up. Jimmy Pallen, I remember, And so there's but I knew what was going on, but I would say this, you don't.
Speaker 2: It's already shaked. Shake it off, is right, like on to the next.
Speaker 1: He probably thought it was so endearing and so sweet that you were nervous to give him a compliment or to tell him that you just thought he was great.
Speaker 2: I love this, you're adorable me thing.
Speaker 1: Because she because it goes back to you've talked before about how when you really like like someone, like you're like somebody that whatever, famous, you will run away. Hi, George Clooney, remember us at the restaurant? Oh yeah, I just put down and got weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So she was saying she had one of those moments, but in this case she just was over talking like.
Speaker 2: I do exactly. Mary, you're a doorle have to ask what about it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I will and then also thank you for being a wonderful flight attendant, because I'm going to tell you right now is just we say it all the time, and this podcast loves us some flight attendants. You guys have a thankless job because the amount of nonsense you have to deal with.
Speaker 2: So shout out to all the flight attendants.
Speaker 1: We love you. Oh yeah, although you came in contact with a flight attendant you weren't happy with, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right. We'll talk about that on the big show.
Speaker 1: Actually, that's a great you know what, there's a tease that is I love ninety nine point nine percent of flight attendants. There was an outlier here, and I'm happy to talk about it. Oh boy, Calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.