Speaker 1: All the Eagles do is win, and all Saquon Barkley does is run over, around and through everybody. Every week, Brian Baldinger and Steve Whites will join us to break down all the fallout from that Thursday night thumping of the Commanders. First look at the new look Bears offense on Sunday, But will a coordinator change be enough for Caleb Williams and company to upset the Packers. We will tell you the latest from a wild week at Hallis Hall. First place in the ANFC North on the line.
Speaker 2: When these Steelers host the Ravens.
Speaker 1: How can Pittsburgh slow down Lamar King, Henry and friends. Defensive coordinator Tara Austin will join us to reveal his whole plan, or maybe just gass him up and hope they pop before Sunday. Welcome inside with the Insiders alongside Ian Rappaport and Mike Gara. Follow I am Tom Pelisero. We've been saying it all week, this is rivalry week in the NFL. We do have the Ravens and the Steelers. We do have the Packers and the Bears. We got Seahawks forty nine ers on the slate. We got Chiefs Bills, which isn't divisional, but definitely a rivalry at this point. And it all got started in style last night in Philadelphia, depending what kind of style you like. Sat Kwon Barkley one hundred and ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Yards from scrimmage.
Speaker 1: He scored two touchdowns in a game that was not nearly as close as that final score. Commander's tacked on a touchdown late. But it is now the Eagles up two games in the lost column as we have passed now the midpoint in the season. Garafalo, you were there, you look at those standings. What did you make of the Eagles solidifying themselves right now not just unbeaten in the division, but again up two games in the.
Speaker 2: Lost column on the Commanders in the East.
Speaker 3: Just coming into the game.
Speaker 4: I like the Eagles, right, We know how the Commanders have been playing. They're a really good team this year. They're playing with a lot of confidence. But then you look at the roster and you go, the Eagles just have a better roster, right and Howie Roseman, because the Commanders are still building this thing out and it's only getting more impressive. I mean to me, it was the way the secondary played the way that Quinnyon Mitchell and guys, we were at the Senior Ball and he was incredibly impressive at the Senior Bowl, impressive in one on ones, and we liked him better than the twenty second picking the draft or whatever he wound up being. Then you go offensively and with Sakuon Barkley and what he means, the way that he was a closer the other night or last night for this team, the way Jordan Mylatta coming back really changed things up front, the way that everybody's committed to the running game, the blocks downfield, the wide receivers running off defenders to allow Saquon Barkley to go to the house. And you say all this stuff, and then you realize the quarterback really has not played as well as he possibly can. Yeah, and some questionable decisions. There are some guys that he missed that were wide open. So if he can start to come along a little better now, all of a sudden you realize just how dangerous they are. And by the way, just to be clear, he was checked for a concussion. He did clear, he said after the game, and this was his quote, I guess I beat the protocol.
Speaker 3: And then he was asked.
Speaker 4: About a specific play and he goes, honestly, I don't remember what you're talking about. Maybe I shouldn't use that word right now. But did say that he felt no ill effects of the concussion. So if that's the case, it was just him not seeing guys in front of him, if he steps up, this team will only be that much more dangerous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a bunch of takeaways, but I would say this, you're right, like, it does seem like he left a couple of plays on the field and at some point he will hit his stride with this new coordinator and this new offense and this new and if that happens, you know, look out.
Speaker 6: It's so funny.
Speaker 5: The Eagles draft from two years ago with all the Georgia players was the one that everybody lost their freaking minds over right. That was where everybody celebrating Howie Roseman on draft Day and all of that. This one is probably gonna be better. And the fact that they ended up with Quinnon Mitchell, who is a lockdown quarter corner despite his age, Cooper Degene who in the slot looks great. I mean this is these are two legit starters, potentially stars.
Speaker 6: I mean, this draft class.
Speaker 5: If it's only these two guys, is looking great for one of the one of the league's best teams. Uh, they have gotten younger and better and deeper. And then I would say this for the Commanders and specifically.
Speaker 6: For Jayden Daniels.
Speaker 5: You know, there was it was a love fest really for the last month or so. It was just truly a love fest. And it was more than just the hail Mary was you know, best young quarterback in football? It was this year CJ. Stroud and I do believe he is all of that. But now we're really gonna find out, because what happens is people get film on you, they start to figure it out. Maybe you play a tougher opponents and you kind of hit a lull. Where does Jayden Daniels, Where does Cliff Kingsbury go from here? And how do they overcome this little lull? Will go a long way and telling the story of the Commander season.
Speaker 4: Cliff Kingsbury's that a phenomenal job. This year's done a phenomenal job with Jayden Daniels. I thought maybe got away from the running game because early on Brian Robinson was going he was how many he had that first time I thought they really should have committed more to the running game. Could have got that defense out of sorts, could have gotten the crowd out of it. I think if they would go back and look at that, maybe Cliff's sanding today, a couple more physical runs from Brian Robinson may have helped us early.
Speaker 1: On flip side of that, think about the Eagles coaching staff that's got their third different OC.
Speaker 2: In as many years.
Speaker 1: Kellen Moore right now is the OC of a team that is leading the league in rushing attempts. You would not have expected that going in. They're playing a different style of football, but this combination of minds they've got in that room, including Nick Sirianni, right now, what.
Speaker 2: They're doing is working.
Speaker 1: That was just the kickoff again of week eleven last night. We've got some injuries to monitor as we head into the games this weekend.
Speaker 2: A big one for the Lions. Tight end Sam Laporta out with a shoulder.
Speaker 1: Injury as they get the set to take on the Jaguars in Detroit. Jets wide receiver DeVante Adams. Jeff Ulbert said he expects him to go. He's been ill this week, also dealing with a risk, but sounds like he's gonna be out there against the Colts, Vikings clean sheet, Sam Darnold, Aaron Jones. They are good to go, no surprise. Isaiah Pacheco not ready just yet. Always sounded like he'll be right around Thanksgiving that he's got a chance to go.
Speaker 2: He is practicing back sooner than later.
Speaker 1: We will not see Harrison Butker, the Chief star kicker for the next four weeks, underwent surgery, as we first told you last night on The Insiders, for that meniscous injury that he had suffered. He signed Spencer Schrader off the Jets practice squad. He's gonna be kicking against the Bills. Buffalo has its own injury issues to deal with. Dalton Kinkaid, the tight end, surready knee injury on this play. He is officially out for this game on Sunday against the Chiefs. Keon Coleman we already knew out because of his wrist injury. And that's not all Mike in terms of the injury report on the Bills weapons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Kincaid out, Keith Coleman out, But you've got a Marii Cooper who missed last week with that wrist injury. He has listed as questionable and has expressed optimism that he will be available to play in this game.
Speaker 3: You know, you're going up against a tough defense.
Speaker 4: This is usually where I would say, well, you know, you got to keep pace with this Chiefs offense.
Speaker 3: It's not how it's been.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not saying that they can't all of a sudden put up thirty points, but this is one where you say it in a different way. You're going up against a tough defense and you really need all your guys available. So Amari Cooper, who has missed the last couple of games with that risk injury, looking like he is going to wind up being a go. But you know, we'll let you know for sure Sunday morning, NFL Game Day Morning, right here on NFL Network.
Speaker 1: Sunday night, We've got another good one Bengals and Chargers and Ian. It sounds like, at long last, Cincinnati is going to have that wide receiver corps back to full strength.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're someone who's gonna sit here and watch from this segment all the way through to the end, if you want to know more about.
Speaker 6: That Hill, keep watching. We got a lot of Hill talk for you.
Speaker 5: But anyway, and I'm not joking, we will break down the hill thoroughly, but yes, T Higgins is eventually off the injury report.
Speaker 7: He is good to go.
Speaker 5: And this from a quad injury really like a pretty significant quad pull. Remember it was like three weeks ago, a little more late in the practice week. Everyone knew T Higgins was fine, and he kind of pops up on the injury reporters questionable and you're like, oh, maybe he can't go. That turned out to be a lot longer than I think anyone anticipated, and in that time, the Bengals have lost some games.
Speaker 6: The offense has kind of hit its stride.
Speaker 5: Jamar Chase has become maybe the best receiver in football, and now you add T Higgins to the mix.
Speaker 6: The Bengals have to go on a run if they're going to make the playoffs.
Speaker 5: They certainly are talented enough, and having one of the better young receivers in the NFL healthy again probably a good thing for Joe Burrow.
Speaker 6: And this offense.
Speaker 1: And if the Bengals make the playoffs, it probably is going to be as a wildcard because right now, the two teams to play this Sunday, the Steelers and Ravens have already put some distance between themselves and the rest of the division. Good news on the injury front for Baltimore. Kyle Hamilton back on the field. Mike, what's the latest on his status for this game?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I was on Good Morning Football last week if Peter Schrager did a whole what's your beef segment, and his beef was people who go, oh no when they see an injury happen. It's like, can you let it play out? Can you let the medical people get in there and figure out what's going on? And the guy winds up being relatively okay. Now, Kyle Hamilton missed the rest of that game, but he is going to play on Sunday against the Steelers. Here he is off the injury report. I'm telling you, one of these days, Peter Schreger should auction off the ability to text with him for just one day, because when that happened on Sunday and we got a whole bunch of like, oh no, for Kyle Hamilton, he was fired watching Just keep all these posts on X right here and here you go. He's expecting to play. Also, Isaiah likely off the injury report. The Ravens tight end.
Speaker 3: Definitely, so likely, definitely going to play.
Speaker 1: Just want to say that there's also certain players in the NFL, and this is not a shot at Kyle Hamilton. There's some players in the NFL who like five times a year have an injury and you look at it and you're like, oh man, this looks really bad. Kyle Hamilton is definitely that guy. He has dodged like seven different bullets over the past couple of seasons.
Speaker 3: Every time.
Speaker 2: Well, why would you say that they're all pro safety? Still on the fit.
Speaker 1: I don't have Jink's power. Okay, it's a Friday night or just trying to do a show. If you don't say it, it's not a jinx. This is just me trying to transition to the fact that on the other side of this break, we're gonna be talking to the architect of the defense on the other side in this game, That of course is Steelers defensive coordinator Tera Austin, who does have TJ. Watt on his side. But they have been tough on that side of the ball. So what is the plan to slow down Lamar and Derrick Henry and all the Ravens other weapons We'll ask him. Maybe I'll answer probably not. That's next on the insiders.
Speaker 8: They don't like us. We down, but so I don't like them.
Speaker 7: They by coming to house, take it down with no going into the.
Speaker 1: Come on, what.
Speaker 9: Tuts down? A Steeler that puts the ball.
Speaker 10: Right on the money cuts down here It is a first time star who lamar Jackson against the Steeler. Jackson is unbelievably gifted, Raven, unbelievable plastic Raven.
Speaker 7: Steelers all kind of hitting the rows, tough to all down.
Speaker 10: Indeed, there's a hitting, there's some jow there's everything we thought.
Speaker 7: There would be. Definitely got a fasbook game. The Steelers are spelling blood.
Speaker 10: They got he got two teams, they're respect one another, putting door like one another.
Speaker 7: Pitpsburg and Baltimore.
Speaker 8: You don't have to say a whole lot more.
Speaker 3: Oh, here it comes.
Speaker 4: We are just a couple of days away from the latest insolvent of the Steelers Ravens rivalry, with first place in the AFC North on the line, and happy to be joined as he prepares for this game. Terrell Austin, the defensive coordinator of the Steelers, the second ranked defense when it comes to points, allowed going up against the first scoring offense, so you know that that's going to be a great matchup. Tarrell, give us a peek into what the week has been like, because I know your guys understand what this rivalry is about.
Speaker 3: How has the preparation been for this game.
Speaker 11: The preparation has been good. Our guys will dialed in.
Speaker 12: I think the one thing is we know what kind of game it's going to be because they're all the same.
Speaker 11: It's going to be a hard hitting, physical game.
Speaker 12: The team that makes the least amount of mistakes gives himselves the best chance to win.
Speaker 13: So Teroll, look, first off, you've been on both sides of this rival We'll get that to in just a second. But you as the DC for the Steelers, Priority Lamar or Derek.
Speaker 12: Well, you have to pick your poison there. So I think it's it's got to be you know, they're one in one a uh. And I think for us, we always go into a game that we say, hey, we don't want the running game to really batter us, because if the running game is battering you, it demoralizes you.
Speaker 11: And and so we're really.
Speaker 12: Going to be a focus on the run game and how if we can slow this guy down.
Speaker 11: I think that's going to be a big thing.
Speaker 12: And then obviously the things that Lamar is doing in the past game, you know, they're they're very challenging. I mean, the guys had three or four perfect passer ratings this year. I mean they're number one and points scored, all the all the things that the good offense does.
Speaker 11: So you know, you can try to stop them both.
Speaker 12: But I think we'll really be trying to focus on this run game first and then you know, doing what we can in the past game to try to hold them down.
Speaker 4: You know, we'll talk about picking your poison, and with their offense, they have to pick their poison. With your defense, I mean, you're strong upfront, You've got pass rushers that can get it down. To understand Alex Heismith being down for a bit, it's going to be a bit of a loss. But you've got other guys that can get after the quarterback. You've got good linebacker play. You've got some good play in the secondary as well. Beamie Bishop, the rookie stepping up a little bit there. What has impressed you most about your defense? What are you happiest with at this point for your defense.
Speaker 12: I think the thing that I'm happiest with is are guys. You know, I don't think any moments too big for him. It doesn't matter the situation. They go out there and they just are determined to make plays and determined to try to get, you know, the other team off the field.
Speaker 11: So I think that's really the thing that I'm really.
Speaker 12: Most impressed and most proud about this group of men, because they play hard and they don't flinch when things maybe aren't going as well as you want them to. And I think that's the sign of a really good defensive group.
Speaker 13: Hey, Teal to follow it up, because you have a real good mix of veterans and young people who understand what AFC North football it's about, especially this time of year. Six of your next opponents, six of your next eight opponents, I should say, are all divisional games. I mean, what about the stretch is kind of an odd scheduling quirk.
Speaker 7: Oh and by the way, the two.
Speaker 13: Non accomplished non divisional games are Philadelphia and Kansas City. But what about the scheduling quirk where you have this huge run of AFC North games right now?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, we have no control over that and so we just look at it like, hey, we're just working and getting ready for the next game, and so that's our mindset. We know how the AFC North battles are going to be, and it's just again, we just get ready for the next game that next week, and we don't put anything in looking ahead or how the schedule comes out, because we have no you know, there's nothing we can do about. So we got to line up and play these guys, and we're going to have to play them at any point during the year.
Speaker 11: So what's the difference if you.
Speaker 12: Play them all in the month or you play them spread out over three months?
Speaker 4: Terroll, I've covered a couple of your games, and I've made the point that to me, this team is always extremely well prepared.
Speaker 3: He's playing hard. You can see it's tangibly.
Speaker 4: This coaching staff both sides of the ball, your side of the defense, Arthur Smith offensively, and certainly the head man in charge, Mike Tomlin. What I want you to do, though, is take us inside if you can as much as you can. When Mike Tomlin makes the decision to go to Russell Wilson, because it's no secret and he made no secret about it.
Speaker 3: It was a gutsy call.
Speaker 4: By his estimation. What kind of leadership do you see that? What kind of guts did you see there for him to make that call in the middle of the season understanding that Justin Fields had played well?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think you know, that's the one thing that Mike has an abundance, and that's great leadership. And so I don't think our guys questioned when he decided to make the move. He explained to our men, because he always likes to tell our guys, Hey, if I give a capable man information, he should be able to handle that and go forward and do you know something positive with it? And so I don't think there was ever any question about when he decided to make the move in our locker room. We trust what he's doing, ass fall. You know, well, we're gonna we're gonna fight our tails off to do, you know what we need to do to win and let him make the decisions. And that's why I don't think there was any blowback from anybody. Uh, And we just move forward because the bottom line is as a leader, that's his job to make choices and uh, it's our job to help him follow up on it. And I think our guys feel the same way.
Speaker 7: Hey, hey, Tarah, talk about great coaching.
Speaker 13: I mean, you know what Mike Tomlin has done coming up on the defensive side of the ball. But you kicked off your coaching career working under Jim Caldwell, and you've been with him multiple times, some really good offensive coaches, But what about being with somebody like a Jim Caldwell who's got the leadership and the offensive brilliance to help you kind of master what you do defensively.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 12: It's been I've been very fortunate, you know, with the with the guys I've been around and the guys I've worked for. And obviously you talk about Jim, who absolutely wonderful person, a wonderful man, great coach, But you learned a lot from both sides. So again, with Jim, I would always learn, you know, what things would be good, why they would be good, why they wouldn't.
Speaker 11: Be so good.
Speaker 12: And with Mike I get a different philosophy coming from the defensive side on the things he likes and how he structures them. So, you know, I think it's our job as coaches to always you know, you're always trying to get better.
Speaker 11: The same things you talk to your players.
Speaker 12: About you have to do, and that means you're always improving, you're always working for it is because if you're not, then you're losing ground. And if you lose ground in our game in the NFL, you're going to lose a lot of games. You're not going to be very good. And so I just take the things that the guys, the leadership guys in front of me have given me, and I try to run with them as best I can.
Speaker 4: Teral, I thank you for your time earlier, because I know it's a busy week you're preparing for the Steelers or sere preparing for the Ravings. Excuse me in this rivalry between you and them, but it's Friday and night. I want to give folks a piece because I know you guys pull long hours all week line, and I know you're giving us some time because tonight is some time for you and your wife. You were going to go out to dinner, but it took some time to do this interview with us. How important is it for you, because I've heard it from many a coach, is to get this little bit of time. Friday night is like the night where you can actually be a real human being during the season.
Speaker 3: How important is that for you?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think it's important.
Speaker 12: I probably do it better now than I did earlier in my career, but I always try to take time on Fridays, and we, you know, as our kids have gotten older, we're able to have some date nights and do some things to try to make sure we reconnect. Because the bottom line is, you know your family is going to always be there for you, and you want to make sure that you know you don't get so wrapped up in this coaching profession that you forget that you've got a family, a wife, kids, and other things outside of it. And so this time on Friday is really good for me for my family. And like I said, the longer I've been in it, the better I've gotten at it. I probably wasn't so good at it when I was young, but I think I've kind of found a balance in it now.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: We all get better with age. We all learn how to manage everything as we go along. You've certainly done that. So I appreciate that you can now clock out for at least ten night. I know you're gonna be back at it tomorrow, but you can clock out.
Speaker 3: It's time to enjoy your Friday night. Tarol Austin, thank you very much. Listen.
Speaker 4: I know he's locked in right now the Steelers defense. That's his focus. But you know, we as reporters, Steve, we're looking ahead. There's some head coaching interviews coming up. Would not be surprised to hear this man's name mentioned amongst those, and he absolutely should be.
Speaker 3: I know Steve agrees with me. Tarol, thank you very much for your time.
Speaker 11: All Right, you got it, guys, Thanks appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Awesome. Enjoy your Friday. Jalen hurts the Eagles.
Speaker 4: They're enjoying their Friday after a victory against the Commanders on Thursday night. We're gonna break this one down a little bit more. Coming up next here on the Insiders Eagles Commanders for a first place in the NFC East on Thursday night. Jayden Daniels, Jalen Hurst, Jayden, Jalen We talked about that all week long.
Speaker 3: I screwed up the names from time to time.
Speaker 4: Here's Jalen Hurst trying to step up in the pocket taking down as the pass.
Speaker 3: Falls in complete. He had two guys that he tried to get it.
Speaker 4: To a little bit of a face mask and then the head hitting the ground. He said he never felt any ill effects and he passed the concussion protocol, or as he called it, I guess I beat the concussion protocol.
Speaker 3: Fourth quarter now hurts after he was officially.
Speaker 4: Cleared vulturing Saquon Barkley once again. Saquan's been tackled at the one yard line or the two yard line eleven times this year. So Saquon bolted once again and in this one could have been a field goal to take the lead. Dan Quinn says, no, we're gonna be aggressive. Zach Bahn makes the stop after Jalen Carter gets the penetration to force Jade and Daniels after a botch snap to get to the outside there.
Speaker 3: Big stop there. Nick Sirianni is fired up.
Speaker 4: Zach Bond, good job from bald guys everywhere way to play that one. And then the closer, Saquan says, not getting tackled at the ones, Look at this, Devonte Smith ran off the defensive back there didn't have to block him. Nick Sirianni gave him credit for that. That guy right there, he's wearing a poppy. He's got a British accent. I gotta talk to that guy. I gotta find out what his name is. He's a very nice guy. And then there's Reed blanket Ship, one of the exciting whites. They said it, I didn't say it. It was on their T shirt making the interception right there. And then sa Quon with another one to close it.
Speaker 3: Out, thirty nine yard touchdown ron I think is the one where he fires the ball into the stands. No, he did that before that.
Speaker 4: There he is Saquon very excited the fans, then chatting afterward.
Speaker 3: Thank you Giants, Thank you Giants.
Speaker 14: Eagles twenty six to eighteen, twenty six points, twenty six carries for Saquon Barkley on DeVante Smith's twenty sixth birthday, So twenty six was the wild number last night for the Eagles.
Speaker 3: In fact, Smith got a birthday cake inside that.
Speaker 4: Eagles locker room, the victorious locker room. You know what, we'll take you there, Sands the birthday celebration.
Speaker 7: Hey, proud of you guys.
Speaker 6: How you fought right.
Speaker 15: It wasn't pretty right, it wasn't pretty, but we just kept fighting. And that's the type of game we like in that dirt row that Joe Pi talks about. It's nasty, it's crime, it's gritty, it's right where we want to be. That's right where we want to be. All right, guys, enjoy that. You can enjoy this one a little longer. You can enjoy this one a little longer. But as soon as Monday hits, it's right em back to work.
Speaker 16: But my baddn't I didn't realize we actually weren't going to show there.
Speaker 4: There's the cake right there. I was able to take a picture of it. I saw Big Dom right there. Big Dom was offering Canoli's shmi adell. If you don't know what that is, look it up. That's not the actual Italian pronunciation. That's the South Philly Italian pronunciation right there. But there it is the birthday boy, DeVante Smith is twenty sixth birthday. There were no slices take it out of that cake by the time I got there. Hopefully somebody eventually did dig in. Baldy, I know you would love to dig in on that cake right there, Steve Weisch, you as well come in join us, bald Sakuon Barkley for a team that never spent a lot of draft resources at the running back position, at least not in the first round. Didn't spend a lot of money at the running all of a sudden, did it this offseason.
Speaker 3: It's certainly paying off. I know it sounds like an obvious question, But what does he bring to this offense?
Speaker 17: Saque Well, I mean number one, number one here, Mike. He leads the NFL in rushing after ten games. He's got seventeen more yards right now with Derek Nmy So here's a leading rusher right now.
Speaker 8: And late Johnson described this offense.
Speaker 17: To me, Mike a couple of weeks ago, when they started getting rolling and feeding Zaquon, he said, Baldi, all we do, honestly is we just run and hit people. And that's kind of what they do up front. They just keep slamming you. They just keep running to you. They got traps, they've got whams, they've got triple trap, double scoops, they got it all.
Speaker 8: And you know, they ran for eighty.
Speaker 17: Eight yards in the first half, a little pedestrian, but they stayed with it. Nineteen runs in the second half, one hundred and forty more yards.
Speaker 8: This is their identity.
Speaker 17: They hadn't run the ball Mike this year almost one hundred more times than they'd thrown him. Like they're a run first team, and when they are able to play that style, they wear everybody down. That's what they did to the Commanders last night, Steve and Baldy.
Speaker 13: Guess who else they're gonna have to compete against other run first teams like the Detroit Lions, and liked the San Francisco forty nine ers.
Speaker 7: So you have to love that style.
Speaker 13: But one thing I love right here is the way this defense continued to play.
Speaker 7: I said earlier this week. We have seen this.
Speaker 13: Defense dominate, but they had not based a dual threat quarterback during their winning streak like Jayden Daniels.
Speaker 7: Well, they faced him and they defaced him. They showed how dominant they could be.
Speaker 13: They didn't allow him to run now, and we know he's a little nicked up, but they slowed him down. In the past game, one hundred and ninety one passing yards, you only got one completion to Terry McLaurin because Quinnon Mitchell, the rookie cornerback, locked him up. Then on the front lines, you had Jordan Davis blow up that fourth down attempt after blowing up a third and one on the play before. And Zach Bond, Mike Garrifolo, you've been talking about this guy for weeks fourteen tackles.
Speaker 7: He absolutely like dehumanize. Look at this hit right here, Oh and your mama.
Speaker 13: He took him all the way back generations with that hyph and the way this defense keeps playing, because it just got better and better throughout the game, and it really stifled everything Washington liked to do, stuffing everything that the five previous opponents like to do. This could be as much their bread and butter as Saquan is and that complimentary physical style. Baldy in Mike, that's something that should give Philly deep in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Beg Fangio took the early part of the season to challenge some of these guys to find out exactly what they did well, and it's like you could see it all clicking, all coming together, certainly at the right time for the Eagles. Brian Baldinger, Steve Weish, thank you guys very much, and now it's time bull Adham rank Ian.
Speaker 5: Dude, if we're gonna be singing, I'm gonna be the one singing Anyway, there is Caleb Williams, and if we're showing Cale Williams footage, are some good. Don't get me wrong, there's definitely some good, but there's some not as good. There's him getting sacked, there's maybe an incompletion or two. There's place where you're oh, where that happens. And that's been that kind of week that we have had in Chicago with the repair the offensive needs repairing. I've screwed this whole thing up, and the coordinator who needs replacing. Speaking of that anyway, let's get right to it. Repair and replace. Brought to you by Safe Light. This is my good friend Adam Rank. Sorry for stepping all over the tagline right.
Speaker 6: There, Rank.
Speaker 5: Anyway, we know it has been that kind of week in Chicago. They have clearly replaced Shane Walder and the rofins coordinator with Thomas Brown, the past game coordinator. What do the Bears need to do to repair this offense?
Speaker 6: Down that they've replaced the coordinator you.
Speaker 9: Know you keep here and mentioning that it's been a bad week, it's actually been a bad month. Ever, since this team returned from London, it's looked like a completely different like what happened in London, Like, please please tell me what happened in London, because this team has not looked the safe and now that you have Thomas Brown taking go over as the offensive coordinator, I think there are three things this Bears team needs to do to get back to being successful. Number One, they have to establish the run once again with DeAndre Swift. Too many times over the last couple of weeks we saw the Bears seemingly get bored with running the football getting away from DeAndre Swift. He was one of the guys who made that team so successful over that little win streak, the three game win streak that included that London game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 7: And Number two, you.
Speaker 9: Gotta go back to getting the ball to Cole Kmett.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 9: I know a lot of fantasy managers will look at Cole Comett and say, listen, he's only been good in two games. I'm like, yeah, their best two games of the season. I don't think that's a coincidence. This play right here that they ran in London, I've never seen a Bears team run a play like that. Here he is wide open against the Indianapolis Colts, they need to get the ball to him. They've invested a lot of money into him and that's one of the things that was a struggle. And finally the last thing they got to do. Let Caleb Williams just throw the football. Sometimes it feels like you're instructing him not to make a turnover, trying to whatever you tell somebody like we play, we play a lot of golf.
Speaker 6: Whatever.
Speaker 9: Somebody says like, hey, try not to hit it off the hostle. The next shot that you take is one going off the hostle. Let let Caleb go out there and play. See what happens, and see what can happen with Thomas Brown.
Speaker 5: And that is a great way to repair and replace the Bears offense. Presented by Safelight and our good friend Adam Rank.
Speaker 6: Rank thank you very much, but don't go anywhere. Stay literally right there.
Speaker 5: We are now going to be talking about two offenses that they don't need fixing. Joe Burrow justin Herbert Bengals Chargers. Let's get into it because this is going to be some fireworks this weekend or better because otherwise I'll have lie to you guys, and I hate that anyway.
Speaker 6: Coming up next on the Insiders, We.
Speaker 1: Got a good one between the Bengals and the Chargers on Sunday Night Football. Always love these graphics, though, I gotta say Justin Herbert maybe maybe, given like you know, the upgrade of the facial hair by about twenty percent, there just a thought I like it though.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: Look the hair looks fantastic. Welcome back to the Insiders, Tom Pelaicero, joined by Brian Baldinger and Our Bridge of Condon Bridget. Not gonna ask you for a facial hair breakdown on Justin Herbert. I am gonna ask you about a guy who was dealing with a really significant ankle injury, obviously early on in the season. He's finally off the report and Jim Harbaugh seems like he can't stop talking about the guy as a superhero.
Speaker 18: This week and he was still talking about Justin Herbert being able to play tight end or pass rusher week eleven. I was like, Okay, this guy really loves his quarterback. But look, it's because he's excelled so far this season. He hasn't thrown an interception in seven straight games. That's the longest active streak in the NFL, and he's really doing well since.
Speaker 9: That bye week.
Speaker 18: You talk about that ankle, he's averaging nearly twice as many passing yards per game since the bye then he did in weeks one through four. I asked him about that. He said, is it just because of the ankle, and he said, well, yes, of course. The ankle's much better now and he's not missing practice like he did in the beginning of the season because of the injury. But he also said, with this new offense, it takes some time. Right they're learning from a new offensive coordinator, and it's not just about being in OTAs or training camp. He says, until you're like in the game, playing live, you can't really grasp that offense. And he said you got to get comfortable, but real quick, guys. He's also improving in another area. You guys saw that postgame interview or postgame speech he gave. I don't know if're calling it as weary Beach. It was a couple words in the locker room after they beat the Titans on Sunday. He was asked about that and said, you know, in college or high school, I might have been a little awkward in those situations, like everyone's looking at me. But he appreciates that Jim Harbaugh's calling on him more and he knows that he's got to be that person. He said, you know, the more I do it, the more I feel normal. Maybe just next time, I should probably prepare something so I have something ready to say to the guys after the win.
Speaker 2: Flip side of this, Baldy.
Speaker 1: The Bengals obviously four and six at this point, but Joe Burrow has played at a really high level this season. He goes up against that defense coordinated by Jesse Minter that not only is the top scoring defense in the league, they haven't given up more than twenty points to any opponent in a game this season. What are they doing so well and what do you make of this matchup?
Speaker 8: Well, it's a great matchup.
Speaker 17: And the first thing you're doing, and this is way different than years past, they're tackling.
Speaker 8: They're tackling really well.
Speaker 17: And then their safety play has been excellent because if you make mistakes tom at the safety position, you.
Speaker 8: Either give up explosive plays or touchdowns.
Speaker 17: So that's obviously if you're giving up thirteen points a game, you know through the season so far you're not doing that.
Speaker 8: And then I think getting.
Speaker 17: Perriman and Dayon Henley and at linebacker, they finally have found two linebackers that compliment each other, that play. Henley leads in to the attack with by over thirty right now, and they're getting good pass rush and they're starting two rookie corners the last couple of weeks out there. I don't know if they're both going to go this week two fifth round picks, and so they played lockdown football, but they're going to see Joe Burrow. It just going back to talking to Joe a couple of weeks ago, and Bridgett myself spent a lot of time with him in training camp this year. He's come out and said almost every week that he has to be perfect and in some ways, when you play a Jim Harball team you may only get eight possession, you.
Speaker 8: Have to maximize the possession.
Speaker 17: And so Joe, I mean, obviously you got Jamar, you get your receivers back right now. I mean, Joe's got to play a nearly perfect game because if he does, don't play out of the playoff praise. If he goes out and place post the perfect the way he has much of the year, and they can win.
Speaker 8: They can get right back in the playoff praise.
Speaker 17: That's what they'll feel like coming back from Los Angeles after that game.
Speaker 2: A lot on the line in the AFC Wildcard Chase on Sunday night, Bridget, you're gonna be there, give me a matchup. You're gonna have your eye on all right.
Speaker 18: This one's for Baldy. This is your Christmas present, early Christmas present. How about a little O line D line action left tackle over Shawn Slater going up against defensive end Trey Hendrickson for the Bengals. Let me put in perspective how good these guys are. Rareshawn Slater left tackle. He has the third highest grade according to PFF in terms of pass blocking, and he's going up against Trey Hendrickson.
Speaker 7: Who leads the league with eleven.
Speaker 18: Sacks so far this season. I asked for Sean, like, Hey, when you know you're going up against a guy this good, do you get a little more excited for that? He said yeah. I mean, of course, he called Hendrickson physically gifted, saying he's has a good blend of strength, speed, technique, but he also look, I'm more excited for the opportunity for the Chargers If they win Sunday Night, that's four in a row for this team who expectations were high coming into this season, but they haven't really done much in the postseason in years past. Yes, they made it with the wildcard in twenty twenty two. They're currently sitting in a wildcard position. But the reason that they brought in Jim Harbaugh in this mindset was to have success, especially November, December and January. And it starts Sunday night. They have a chance to impress a lot of people on a big stage in primetime on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Baldi Bridget, thank you very much. Enjoy your games on Sunday.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be at the Jaguars versus Lions game scene. If Jared Goff can throw six interceptions, probably not not in this game, but legit question here for everybody who's got Jared goffin fantasy. After that, let's call it an up and down performance. Should he be in your lineup? Can he help you steal a win in fantasy? Our guy Adam Rank has the answer.
Speaker 2: And a lot more. Next on The Insiders.
Speaker 1: Time now to go inside with NFL Fantasy Live. On The Insiders, Tom Pilisero Ian Rapp or Mike you're a fullo. And Adam Rank, who has answered our challenge even as we get later in the schedule to somehow match the number week of the NFL season to his weekly fantasy segment on Fridays.
Speaker 2: So here we are week eleven.
Speaker 9: Rank.
Speaker 2: I'm told you've got an ocean eleven's.
Speaker 1: Style of a way to steal a fantasy win.
Speaker 2: Get give me a quarterback to start off here. Maybe you can steal a win.
Speaker 9: With all Right, you want one more, I got one more for you. Let's start with Jared Goff, who is now and throw for over two thousand yards this season, sixteen touchdowns and nine interceptions. All nine came on Sunday night. No, I'm kidding, but still I understand the abrasion to trying to play him this week after kind of a poor performance against the hous At Texans. But listen, he's going up against the Jacksonville jack allowed the third most points the fantasy quarterbacks this season. To me, I understand the people fear a blowout. This might be a big David Montgomery game, which I think it will be, But I still have enough confidence in Jared Goff to deliver in this one.
Speaker 5: All right, So that's the quarterbacks. Let's talk about running backs. I'm actually fine. I started Austin Ekler had a really nice night on Thursday. But the people who didn't take me to the running backs, well.
Speaker 9: There's a couple of guys that I've getten a lot of questions about. We'll start with Aaron Jones against the Tennessee Titans this week, the top defense in the NFL statistically. But here's the thing to know about Aaron Jones. He has been eighty percent of the team's goal line rush attempts this season. That's six highest total in the NFL. He's also valuable in the passing game. He's had the second most receptions on the team this season. He's averaging close to twenty touches per game. And despite the fact that the Titans have been so stout in yards allowed, they've allowed the fourth most fantasy points per game to running backs this season. And another run back who is ready to break out, Nick Chubb, a player that we have been waiting for for quite some time, coming back from that devastating knee injury. I truly believe that this is going to be a monster game for him. The Saints have allowed seven top fifteen running backs in the last six weeks that they've allowed the most rushing yards to running backs this season, they've allowed the most rushing yards per game. This is a perfect opportunity in a Jamis Winston revenge game. It is going to be Nick Chubb who ends up stealing today for the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 4: Love it all, right, Let's go to the wide receiver position. Tell me some guys who can you know? Wide receivers grab you, you steal stuff, You grab.
Speaker 3: Them going for it.
Speaker 9: No, and sometimes they work in tandem. They like the Mormon Twins promotions eleven.
Speaker 7: But here's the thing.
Speaker 9: The Steelers have a couple of great wide receivers with Mike Williams and George Pickens. I like both of them this week. But I really like George Pickens. I think that he's really starting to come into his own, really developing that kemtree with Russell Wilson. And traditionally you would look at the Ravens defense like he looked at Terry bennettick'svaults and say, there's no way we can steal this. But the Ravens have allowed the most fantasy points per game to wide receivers this season. They've allowed the most receiving yards and receiving touchdowns. And I sit there and I ask, does it say plagio in the end zone? It does not. It's a fake. So you can start George Pickens. And then I love Calvin Ridley going up against the Minnesota Vikings defense this season. Twelve plus fantasy points in three consecutive games, eight plus targets in five games. He goes out there, he goes on a little profanity lace tirade in the locker room, and good things happen. And now this Vikings defense, which is pretty good, it's a good Vikings defense. They've still allowed the third most fantasy points per game to wide receivers this season. So I think Calvin Ridley is an absolute must start this week against the Vikings.
Speaker 1: Watching those George Pickens highlights, I mainly won to steal that roll at toilet paper that he's got dangling eight feet off his pants on every single snap that we just watched. There, Okay, one more break tight ends. Give me somebody there who can steal you one in Week eleven.
Speaker 9: Well, you know what, I know, people have kind of a volatile relationship with Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 7: Excuse me.
Speaker 9: Sometimes he's great, sometimes not so much. What do we do with them? This is a great start against the Denver Broncos. I understand the Broncos are one of the best defenses in the NFL. They're a tough matchup for everybody. However, this is where the matchup gets pretty good. When you think about the top corners for the Denver Broncos. I really fear about starting Drake London this week. Darnell Mooney, who's had fourteen points in three consecutive games. He's gonna have a tough matchup as well. But the Broncos love to run a lot of single high safety, which is where Kyle Pitts feast. I think this is the Kyle Pitts game. I know it's tough to decipher, but I truly believe that against this Broncos defense, the way to attack him is with Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 1: Ocean's Twelve was not a good movie, but I feel like we could go for that that music and that that bit.
Speaker 2: I think over and over, you disagree. We don't have time. We don't know if text me, text me, text me your your input on that, right now you talk to you again.
Speaker 1: Next Friday, T Higgins is back, officially off the injury report, will play Sunday night for the Bengals against the Chargers, a few weeks after suffering that quad strain. A clue to his availability was provided by Andrew Cooper a ka coupe a fiasco. Great name there on social media by Virtue Ian of something you point out earlier today, a series of videos in which that hill the jug up that hill seems to give us some clues about T Higgins.
Speaker 5: This is amazing, and I would say every once in a while, the internet comes at you and really brings it. So what we learned is that when T Higgins does not conquer the hill, when he sort of either you know, maybe walks up slowly or does it really like he's probably not gonna play, when he goes after the hell hard, you know he's gonna play.
Speaker 6: So he posted this, I retweeted it like a boss.
Speaker 5: And then later we found out that after taking that hill like a champion, Te Higgins is off the injured report and playing. This is literally genius. I will never come up with anything this clever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well now, but T Higgins a regular viewer of the Insider is not gonna probably dog it a couple of times to throw you off.
Speaker 1: No, he can't. Bar moves the the weekend. Everybody