Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't even do an intro for you.
Speaker 2: We're going to start to show we need to start to show you technically.
Speaker 1: Well we're starting, you know, micing. Just tell everybody.
Speaker 3: Welcome the eyes of here.
Speaker 1: Not here with your special over with your special gime. No over here. Yeah they're over here, but you have to look over here.
Speaker 3: It's backwards. I have two cameras on this thing. I have this one and this one, and the lights are broken, so I need to remember which.
Speaker 4: One two cameras. Your two camera set up. You're like, you are a professial.
Speaker 1: How are you? It's been a hot minute since I've seen you. What's going on? Fuck?
Speaker 3: How I am? How are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know I'm living onto? Yeah? Did I show you the picture? Did I send you the picture? Did you love it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Oh? Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 4: Every guy that I've showed that picture to is like cringey, and then the girls are like, oh yeah, you know, and the guys are like, oh my god, I can't look.
Speaker 1: It's so disgusting.
Speaker 3: It was pretty bad.
Speaker 1: I mean for the listeners, it.
Speaker 3: Was pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was my stomach. It was my stomach. I saw the doctor yesterday. I saw my doctor, and he just thinks it's going to take time. This will probably take twice as long to recover it.
Speaker 1: Look at that. Oh did you see that? Do you even give a shit about me?
Speaker 4: You're flexing while I'm telling you my my doctor visiting. Okay, all right, so forget about me. I want to know about you.
Speaker 1: What are you up to?
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 1: I love him? What are you up to? What's going on? I saw you?
Speaker 4: Now, come on, now, I saw you. When did I see you last? Where were we?
Speaker 3: Well? You should be scarred in your mind, so.
Speaker 4: Now I should I should remember these things. I can't remember. We were at some convention. I know you were just as cheery as.
Speaker 3: Ever down in Jersey.
Speaker 1: It was it was Oh god, that was November, wasn't it? That was a while ago?
Speaker 3: Was it maybe?
Speaker 1: Or was it? Was it reuse? This is a riveting conversation for everyone. Yes, was it Monroe New Jersey who trained him?
Speaker 3: Dominamin? That's what he pret dominate in you sitting at the end of the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that was a while ago. So what have you have you been working? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No working, no working.
Speaker 3: I have one match coming up February first for Excite Wrestling in.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you're you're working working with once?
Speaker 4: Oh are you excited about it yet?
Speaker 3: Where I get like whoop? Then I give the treadmill and after like an hour, like the was I thinking.
Speaker 1: Do you think you're going over or what? What are your chances? I love it.
Speaker 3: It's for the championship, so I hope not.
Speaker 4: Then you're gonna have to like go back every month and defend the belt.
Speaker 1: You're going to be exhausted. I want to know.
Speaker 4: I don't know much about this, so I wanted to ask you how did your school come about? And tell us name drop, tell us all the famous people that you've trained, because I always knew you had a school, but I never really knew like when it's.
Speaker 1: Started, Yeah, well who worked with you? Stuff like that. People might not know this about you. So I'm not doing the school now I know you're not doing it.
Speaker 3: I'm like a soccer club president and I'm like helping the girl scouts.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: I just asked too much.
Speaker 4: Now this is where I get hot at you because I just said what are you up to? And you said nothing?
Speaker 1: And now this is what people want to know. What are you doing these days?
Speaker 4: I talk about my kids and I went to the store, and they need to know what you're doing.
Speaker 3: We need to do today. I woke up. My dog is sleeping over there. M hm, yes, I'm off on Friday, so I just sit here.
Speaker 1: Oh so, no girl scouts today. Soccer.
Speaker 3: We're preparing because there's a big cookie rally thing that the girls have tomorrow. So there's a lot of preparation for that that my wife does. So I have to I have to be available.
Speaker 4: If I was you, I would eat all the samoas. There would be no samoas left.
Speaker 1: They were called they're.
Speaker 3: Called Samoas Caramel Delights.
Speaker 4: Now they changed And that's how long I've eaten a cookie. But I would eat every box of those. They are the most delicious cookie I've ever got.
Speaker 3: It depends what I think. They have different bakeries. I think it depends what bakery comes from. But I thought they changed it because samoan is racist.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought it was just the strongest kid. Wasn't it called the samoa though or something? Oh? They were so good. They're so good. I don't know how you do it, because I would eat every frigging box. But anyways, I have.
Speaker 3: One hundred and eighty boxes of Girls Cookies sitting in my living room.
Speaker 1: How many kids do you have? Tell the people there's like thirty thirty.
Speaker 4: No, no, that are actually yours from your five children. Okay, that's wonderful, that's amazing. It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you just want to sell these cookies? Are you a leader?
Speaker 3: My wife is the leader a manager, And I just go yes, yes, dear, Okay, I love it for cookies. I'll be re at the Loews. Don't worry, I'll be right there.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Do you sit outside with a gimmick table and sell your cookies and try to like sell auto crass too?
Speaker 3: It does bring that back because every time somebody walks out, you get like three or four our girls going, would you like to buy some girls Scout cookies? And then people a lot of go they ah, and they go thank you. Anyway, would you like to buy some girls Scout cookies? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Just put it on loop when a recording device, like the.
Speaker 3: People that pissed me off of the rude people, right, just like ignore them like they're annoying. I was like, 's bitch, turn the funk around, thank.
Speaker 1: You because they're little kids. They're little girls like six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I think that's great.
Speaker 3: I love that it's not my f fat with diabetes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the cookies. You're so loving and gentle. I love, I love. I would never think.
Speaker 4: That Mikey would be like this girl scout father, like I.
Speaker 3: Have this reputation to a polt.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get let's give back to your school. What so what year did you start? And like who worked with you training?
Speaker 3: Like two nineteen nine, two thousand, so we.
Speaker 1: Were still working. Oh now when did you leave us?
Speaker 3: Ninety ended ninety eight?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so I was just on vacation. That was the hell of a vacation.
Speaker 3: You took three grand week.
Speaker 1: I don't blame you one bit.
Speaker 4: Everybody so everybody always says, are you mad at all the guys who left? I'm like, no, they were getting paid, they had to do what was best for their family, So why would I be mad?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: I mean I missed. I missed everybody when they left, but I understood.
Speaker 3: My body was getting so bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three grand a week, I mean, come on.
Speaker 3: It was like, what am I even gonna think about this? I did think about it, and.
Speaker 1: You said yes right away. You didn't have to think more than a minute. It's like, sure, what do I think? I hear you?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: So school so ninety nine, two thousand and you want to in this wrestling school? And uh is it Long Island?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay? And who did you pair up with for this polaria?
Speaker 3: I'm in to start okay. And then there were some personal issues so I stopped that around two thousand and one, two thousand and two, and then start up with NYWC in two thousand and three. And it's been with two schools.
Speaker 1: Yeah mm hmm okay.
Speaker 4: And who came through your training facility that we would know.
Speaker 3: Jay Lethal, the old S, A T s m Amazing, Red Hurt Hawkins, Night Writer, Tremperetta. That's awesome. You have a lot of dorms in Japan, that Trinity bitch Okay, who else?
Speaker 1: That's a good One's a lot.
Speaker 3: Of success Reynolds, Tony Niece, Stockade, So a bunch of.
Speaker 4: People, Yeah, a lot of them got signed and went on to h.
Speaker 3: You're welcome guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you know, I I know curtain Zach always put you over, so a lot of people you know still remember what you did for them, not not everyone, but.
Speaker 3: It's nice at this point. It is the ones, the ones that are are important, the.
Speaker 4: Ones that count are the ones that are still around. Yeah, I totally get it. So you you stopped with the school just because.
Speaker 3: It's just too much. There's just way too much.
Speaker 1: Your body, my body.
Speaker 3: It got to the point where I couldn't really I can see some chaine, I could teach some basic day takedowns. I could show me hiptos maybe once mm hmm. And then I was like, well, okay, well now I hope you got that because I have to have somebody else so not have to somebody more advanced come in and help show the demonstrating of the physical stuff. And it just got really frustrating. So I said, this is just not working out.
Speaker 4: Do you think it's because of the way, I guess the evolution of wrestling. You know, it's changed so much since you know, twenty thirty years ago when we were just starting out and doing it. And now it's just like I see these clips on Twitter because I don't really follow it anymore, like I don't want maybe, yeah, it's it's hard to keep up, Like but I'll see stuff on Twitter that I'll click and maybe a three or four minute segment or whatever. And these kids, it's just they're so talented, but it's just like they're just flipping all over the place and I'm thinking to myself, where, you know, where are the storylines?
Speaker 1: Does this make sense? Or is it just a spot show? Like do you feel like.
Speaker 4: Nowadays everybody just I mean, I know back then people wanted to get their stuff into but do you think it's just like trying to outdo each other with these crazy spots and Uh.
Speaker 3: The issue is that I've noticed is there's nobody teaching these kids. You know, we would get taught right and then okay, then you start working the loop the you know you're going we go on road trips. I'd be running with Taz and Paulia and Draper right, Yeah, I've ran with Taz and Perry and Bubba and Cronos. So we had people to talk to and we were learning from these older people. You know, we sit after a show and go hang out for hours at the barrow with Terry Funk, right, you know, Kevin Sullivan. The kids to say they're not getting that they've seen these people at a show and then that's it. They disperse and then they go to the next show. So they're not getting this mentorship from the top. The TACs kids, the nuances, the physical stuff they're doing is amazing, yeah, you know what I mean, But then nobody's teaching them how to kind of take some of the old stuff and mix it with the new stuff. It's just all kind of new stuff or just kind of what they think they should be doing right right, and it's just it's just different. And it's not the kid's fault that they don't have these places to go, you know, unless you're working for WWE or ae W now who they got Jericho and Dustin and them and there right Bully Gun Jerry's in there, yes, you know, but it's gonna take time for them to kind of groom these kids and kind of teach them. Yeah, so they'll be okay. But to everybody else doing just this random stuff that they're getting, just appearances here and there, and top guys or veterans are in for you know, one match one night, and a lot of times they just leave, Like when I go, I don't have time to sit and hang out, right, I'll go back to the bar. You know, I usually I'm driving home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 3: It's it's different and because you just don't have a place to learn.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of people might not know this, but you were like the head honcho of our rank. So you came out of the school were you you were you were trained tire though right.
Speaker 3: Well I was worked the left and say would give the.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that was was out on the job okay.
Speaker 4: So but you went with like the Chris Chatties and the road Kills and all those guys.
Speaker 1: You were there, Yeah, you were there for that.
Speaker 4: And then you kind of handled the ring truck and had to break the ring down. Mikey was like, Mikey did it all like I used. I used to feel so bad because he was always so tired.
Speaker 3: That's even before that, when we were using Sunny Blaze's ring. When I literally first.
Speaker 1: Started uh huh.
Speaker 3: The ring was in somebody's in the basement of the supermarket in Lindenhurst, which is a town in Long Island, and we'd have to go pick up the rental truck the night before and then at like three in the morning, I would take the train in the Lindenhurst and then go lift this written this twenty by twenty ring out of the basement and then up through the store and everything else, load it into the truck, drive to the building, put the ring up. The drive would be like four or five hours depending. Yeah, you know, interview truck going to Jim Thorpe or out to wherever the hell it was was, you know, fifty five the whole way.
Speaker 1: Like that's brutal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so betime, put the ring up, test the ring, do a couple of spots in it, just to make sure the ring was good, which is how I got noticed by Joey Styles and Pauli at the first place. But just doing that and then taking a break, and then when I started actually working, I was doing the Mighty thing and I was doing a young dragon thing. I was working sometimes six nights, six times a night, three as myself and the three as a dragon under a hood. And then when the show was over, wait till everybody's gone, take the ring down, drive it back to New York, back to the Lindenhurst, back into the basement, and then return the truck. So I was looking at like, you know, thirty hours wouldn't go sleep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I know, because I would get there, you'd already be there. Everybody's putting the ring up. Then you're you're in there going over spots. Then you know we have to get in the back.
Speaker 1: We have to work. Then you're breaking the ring down.
Speaker 4: Then I see you in the ring truck and I'm just like, good lord, like these guys they're killing me, like I felt.
Speaker 1: I always I mean, I know, you know I never had to do that hard labor.
Speaker 4: But I always felt bad for you and the boys because I was just like, damn, that's so unfair.
Speaker 3: Everyone never dished about anything with Spike. He just gave zero.
Speaker 1: FUCKX Yeah you're right, and.
Speaker 3: He would say he goes, he goes, Tas and Perry make you be mean. That's why I had to be such a heart. And you know me, I don't give a fuck about anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you you were fun like I hung out with you a bunch of times, and I'll tell you what. You're the first guy I tell you the story all the time. Remember the one time we took a road trip and I don't think it was for easy? What's it for easy? W I don't remember, but you me and some guy. You picked me up at my sister's house and we took a road trip somewhere, the three of us, and that's the first time I ever listened to Auzie Osbourne and.
Speaker 1: I and I fell in love with it. Yeah, yeah, Black Sabbits.
Speaker 4: We were listening to it the whole way and I was like, I don't know if I want to listen to this crap.
Speaker 1: And then by the end of the trip, I was like, I love this guy. It was so awesome. So every time I hear Ozzie, I think of you. But yeah, but uh, you were I mean, besides all the bullsheit you were.
Speaker 3: We hung out like you know, Taz and Perry. They used to make me miss Like literally, I wasn't really.
Speaker 4: Miserable sometimes because you're tired.
Speaker 3: You need to be on these motherfuckers. You need to get these green kids. You need to to fucking show them how it is, put them in their place and make it miserable. Okay, So I'd fucking make people miserable. It was fucking I hated it. I know. I think Danny hates me to this day because I had.
Speaker 1: To treat him on I don't think anybody hates you.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I think it was just part of the deal. The people knew you had to get it from somewhere.
Speaker 3: It wasn't you know me, I don't give a fuck, Like I'm just like whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Like we hung out so many times. Mikey saved me from I think alcohol poison anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And I remember now that you refreshed my memory. I remember I don't remember where we were, but apparently we were at a bar somewhere.
Speaker 3: Where were we It was somewhere? And was it.
Speaker 1: Legends at the holiday inn?
Speaker 4: I K yeah, like I wasn't, but you know, I wasn't really, I wasn't a partier, Like I wasn't in that category. But this one night, I don't know what I drank. We must have been doing shots or something, but I got really really drunk.
Speaker 3: It before the pay per view?
Speaker 1: Oh good lord?
Speaker 3: Was it that first?
Speaker 1: Then I was nervous. That's probably why I did it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it was it was that time.
Speaker 4: Though, Well I just know because I didn't remember this. And then Mikey's like, remember that time I held your hair?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, no, my god.
Speaker 3: I was like, I mean we can go into detail, but I think we need to.
Speaker 1: How did you end up taking care of me? Nobody else wanted to.
Speaker 3: I was the least drunk.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I remember you now you refreshed my memory, but I don't remember where we were.
Speaker 1: I don't remember what what the celebration was.
Speaker 4: But no, all right, well yeah we do, we do, but it's text me, text me what you want to tell me.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it when we're done. Okay, we'll come back. But yeah, I uh to the hotel and she's still alive.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, Well he helped me.
Speaker 1: I threw off a lot. I know that, SOE was nervous. He was for me. I don't even remember being there. See this is that. Oh I don't remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll have to talk again because you didn't go into detail the last time. But I thought about it and I'm like, oh, yeah, I do remember getting sick and I remember just say Thanky, Mikey, thank you by key you know, so yeah, thank you Mikey. Appreciate that everybody has there an asshole.
Speaker 1: No, that's what I'm saying. Like you were you were always a front of mine.
Speaker 4: So I don't I don't know why people get these bum raps all. I think the E c W crew just gets a bad rap all the time, the worst rap.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that's what we were talking about.
Speaker 4: I said about the Patriot and I was like, I thought we were over And Mikey's like, maybe we're not.
Speaker 3: We're not.
Speaker 1: We're done?
Speaker 3: Are really we're over enough that people like to talk to us. We're not over enough to go beyond that point.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, well I I disagree. So all the people who are booking me, don't worry. I will draw you money.
Speaker 1: That's because you have this attitude. You have to think you're a winner. If you think you're a loser.
Speaker 3: You're not going to draw for years.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to switch that around. I'm trying to be your motivation. Well are you with me in March? Are you booked for Bobby Phlon No? Oh Jesus, Okay, Well we're gonna have to get you on some stuff because I like to have all my friends there.
Speaker 3: I think WrestleMania is the next thing him doing, so I think, so.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, Well I will see there.
Speaker 2: Hey Mikey, before you go, I want to say one thing. Do you remember in Richmond two years ago. Down at the beer we had with Eric Bischoff the night before. Do you remember the uh he.
Speaker 3: Was drinking course lines and I was drinking about.
Speaker 1: But it was funny, like it was.
Speaker 2: It was not awkward, but he was just it was a little weird that I think the mix of the four of us at that point. The it was just a funny little thing because I don't know if you had seen him since you left w CW. So it was kind of like the first time, like it was like, Okay, hey, how you doing.
Speaker 3: You can start off a little like the fuck am I gonna say this guy like you know a fancies Eric Bischoff and they can have a million fucking questions for him? Right? How was it working with Hogan? How was this? How was it? You know what I mean? I've seen his as my old boss, and I'm like, dude, you didn't do shit with me.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you push me?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But and and talking with him and talking with him since at that time when I came in, that place was a fucking giant ship show. You can kind of see the cracks forming on the outside, you know, how kind of the creative was getting shitty. But once you were inside like their ship. He was telling me that even I didn't know like about all this ship with the merger with time water and nail w and this and and it was a fucking mess. So honestly he had I don't think he knew I was even there.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: But like I said, but on his podcast, since like he watched, they did a watch along with like unsensited when I worked with kid in that one time and everything else he has said, he goes, we really dropped the ball with Mikey.
Speaker 1: We should have That's nice. It ended up being.
Speaker 2: It ended up being a nice little conversation, but it was it was kind of funny. And then you guys orchestrated a little little Twitter spat that was his insistence, which is kind of funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was one of those I had. I knew what happened to me when I was in WW or what didn't happen, And he kind of really didn't know either. But it was good picking his brain and getting his take on what was going on at that time to kind of help put things into into perspective as why things were so fucked up.
Speaker 1: Wow, and there you go as opposed to.
Speaker 3: Just what you hear from the internet. Melcher said this or we all, but that's the marin. That's where everybody gets their narrative from. So it almost SEMs like what those people say is the gospel, whether it's right or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know so.
Speaker 3: Oh Melcher used to call you fuck stick girl, called me the little green Mexican hate.
Speaker 1: I hate, and I hate many people. Man.
Speaker 4: I I that's a whole nother show. I can go off for an hour on that, but I won't because you.
Speaker 1: Know Patreon extra I'm better than Yeah, we'll do that.
Speaker 4: But all right, so no appearances until Mania Wrestle Cohn will be your big your big comeback.
Speaker 3: So I'm doing that show for Excite Wrestling in Oh, that's right. When is that February?
Speaker 1: Okay? And I'm done with this.
Speaker 3: I have you get my fat ass on the treadmill.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So I may not look aesthetically pleasing, but Cardio wives will be good.
Speaker 1: To go wear a T shirt. You'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Always did. Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 1: I think you look great and I love seeing you at shows.
Speaker 4: It's it's so comforting for me to see you guys.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: I feel safe when I see you guys. I hate going somewhere where I don't know a soul like it's the worst. So if I know that you guys are going to be there, I just feel calm. So yeah, we always got to try and get booked together. If we can, we'll make that happen. To stay at home, I like staying home too, but nobody's paying me to stay home, so I have to get my has in gear and get out.
Speaker 1: That's what. That's how it is.
Speaker 4: But I appreciate you coming on. Thank you so much. Good luck with your cookies. If anybody wants to buy cookies.
Speaker 1: What is your Twitter handle.
Speaker 3: At Mike you with brick and the underlying thing underscore. Okay, if there's another one that you were me, that's me.
Speaker 1: That's me. No, that's me.
Speaker 4: You need to be quiet, all right, go to him on Twitter if you're interested. I can't turn this off, sorry, Twitter.
Speaker 1: And then do you have Instagram or I think? I? Yeah, me neither. I hate it.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's too much work, just like this, even Jerry.
Speaker 1: It is a job you.
Speaker 4: This is your your your brand, this is this call your brand.
Speaker 3: M m.
Speaker 4: M yeah.
Speaker 3: H m
Speaker 1: Hm