Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, the Stock Movers podcast. This is your roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and beyond, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: So it Psycho, look right now at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg's Lisa Manteo. Lisa, what are you looking at that? All? Right?
Speaker 3: So we've been talking a lot about big investments in tech, right, So in Vidia in the spotlight for that big time. It shares kind of been all over the map. It's been up, then down, down as much as one percent. So here's the gist of its CEO Jensen Wong. He told the Financial Times that the company is going to spend quote several hundred billion dollars. They're going to produce these US made chips electronics over the next four years. So here's the thing. The latest chips and Nvidia powered service for data can now be produced at US based factories that are operated by TSMC and fox Con. But as you know, and Vidia had its you know conference this week, so Jens and Wong said that the company ultimately plans to shift manufacturing on shore. So that's the whole focus of it's shifting where the work is on shore, and that's why those shares have been like all over the map.
Speaker 2: I mean all over the map on the draw down right now, pull Sweden's negative twenty one percent, but they're up forty two percent in the last twelve months. I mean, I know, you know, is a drawdown is gloom? What's changed for Nvidia lease? I mean the answer is, I'm not sure much has changed for Nvidia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not much has changed, I mean the share. But what's interesting is that the shares in TSMC, other Nvidia suppliers like sk Henis I think it is in South Korea, They're they've been all over the map too because of this report. So it's affecting other.
Speaker 4: Well you think about it, I mean, not just in the stock market in general, not just tech stocks or not just chip stocks. AI has been the story for the stock market, and all we talked about was AI. Seemed like every company, whether they're a fast food company or pet food company, how any's going to transform their business. Yes, yeah, I'm not sure if the market's lost the little of that. It feels like, as.
Speaker 2: I've said, folks, I'm using AI more. It's scary, but I'm.
Speaker 4: Actually using it or are you trusting it?
Speaker 2: That's the question exactly what's next?
Speaker 3: All right? A little bit of a setback for Tesla as shares were down as much as one percent issue a recall the cyber truck it produced and sold in the first fifteen months. Those are the ones they're focusing on. Apparently, this is a steel trim along the outside of the vehicle. It can come loose and it can cause this road hazard. The adhesive is the issue. It doesn't quite stick to it just right. How big of a number is it. Tesla says it's about one percent of like, let's say the forty six thousand pickups that's calling back. So that's that's how big this recall is. But Tesla said it's going to foot the bill to replace those things. It launched back in November twenty twenty three, and it actually recalled the cyber truck six times with it really that year. The launch Actually one of those was actually similar to this US.
Speaker 2: Okay, there was one next to me in to have ANUE the other day, and it was it was black and it was almost fearful. I mean, I mean, yeah, are there many were you know? The climbs, you know.
Speaker 4: And so when you see one, it's it's a yeah, it's kind of shocking. I'm good at the stock herely sin. It's not forty one percent this year. I mean that's not nothing. Even if you're Elon Musk, I would think that would get your attention. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess the big thing is just because it's meant is it's rugged tough like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's only eighty thousand, right, I mean I'm sure it goes up from there.
Speaker 3: One hundred and one hundred, yeah, hundred, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, six recalls.
Speaker 3: Six recalls. Since it's long.
Speaker 4: Kevin Tiny he used to cover the autos for Bloomberg Intelligence. He used to say, Okay, being a technology company is one thing. Bending steel? Is it entirely film business in here?
Speaker 3: Okay? Discount real tailor five below. Not sure if you've ever been in the store I have. Okay, you get cheap things, you know, toys, candy, knick knacks, kids love it. You get stuff for under five dollars. So the year has been up as much as thirteen percent. Fourth car results beat right. Full year expectations were a little bit more mixed.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: They said they're going to have to raise some prices over the pinch from tariffs, and analysts are worried about that, the long term impact from tariffs. So you had Morgan Stanley, Barclays, they cut their targets. What's interesting is that five below is actually opening more stores, one hundred and fifty more stores. Because we've heard stories like Dollar General, Big Lots closing locations. Yeah, so this is kind of a different turns.
Speaker 1: It the Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.