Speaker 1: Hey there, folks.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday, August sixth and police in Florida are asking for other possible victims to come for victims of a guy they call a dope smoking pedophile preacher. And it actually gets worse than that. And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. Jesus Christ Robes. This is it's awful enough a preacher who's also accused of being a pedophile, But Ropes there's another layer to this that it makes this story frankly unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yes, because this aforementioned dope smoking pedophile preacher also is HIV positive.
Speaker 2: The accusation is that he has been having sex with kids and others and not telling them that he has HI. Robes, what the actual hell is going on in the news these days? This is an important story, Robes, because they do believe there's possibly other victims out there. Look, it's bad enough there are victims of a pedophile preacher out there, but Robes to think there are maybe people out there who have no idea.
Speaker 4: They have HIV.
Speaker 1: They could be kids.
Speaker 3: And the sad thing about this is there are medications out there that can prevent There are medications that can stop it even if you've been exposed to it. But time is of the essence, and so police are actually up against a timeline trying to see do you know this preacher?
Speaker 4: Have you had sex with this preacher? And look, there are a lot of reasons.
Speaker 3: Why if you're a man, or you're a young man and you don't want people to know. A lot of this is done clandestinely, so there is a shame or an embarrassment around it too, so folks might not want to step forward. But when you hear what this preacher and we say has been a custa, police say he admitted to doing much of this, this is a moment where you just need to know. Information is power. It could actually be life saving in a situation like this.
Speaker 1: It's bad enough.
Speaker 2: I mean, think of how how much damage is done to a young person by an adult who violates them, by an adult who's in such a trusted position.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We've seen cases unfortunately plenty over time, and the harm it does to those individuals well into their adulthood. Mental harm, that's one thing, Robes, we're talking about a serious health risk to people. Now you have to come forward, Robes. They're begging people to come forward and they think there may be more out there because if they put it, this guy was active and engaged as how they put it. But Roses, we're talking about Timothy Chaneyfield. Is that how you say his name? But a pastor out of Florida, forty two year old God the mugshot Jesus Chrime I know.
Speaker 3: And so he was the pastor of Saint James United American Free Will Baptist Church. He's had a lot of roles and they've all involved positions of power, positions of trust, and in many cases access.
Speaker 4: To young children.
Speaker 3: That is the scary thing when you start to look at this man's career. He was also the chaplain at Compassionate Care hospice And what really freaked me out is his role in the community because it extends beyond that. He has had access to focus to kids and he has been in trusted positions.
Speaker 2: For a decade plus down in that area. This is just outside the Orlando area, West Haven.
Speaker 5: I believe that was winter Haven.
Speaker 3: I believe because I know my grandma used to live in that area. It's central Florida. It's in between Orlando and Florida and Tampa. Excuse me, and it's an area where a lot of folks reside and go to in their retirement days. I mean, I just spent a lot of time in that area because of my grandma.
Speaker 2: And so the accusation here, Robes, is that at least the victim they're talking about the one this guy's facing charges over as a fourteen year old that they say he lured to his home for sex.
Speaker 1: And Robes they say this was on.
Speaker 2: Three different occasions, on back to back to back days. They went to the subdivision.
Speaker 1: Robes.
Speaker 2: They say he went to the subdivision that front gate, the entrance if you will, to the subdivision, picked the kid up there for three straight days, took him back to his home to have sex, and then dropped him off back and home. This happened back to back to back days, they say. And yes, Robes, they say this man had They say, as he's HIV positive, not just that, Robes, He's taken medication for us. It's not a matter of oh he did know where he going to it. He was actively taken medicine.
Speaker 3: He was aware he had HIV and exposed this kid and others to HIV.
Speaker 4: That is disturbing.
Speaker 3: And authorities found oudam on all of this because they received a cyber tip.
Speaker 2: That's good, right, Robes, that's great. At least the way the police say this went is that he contact. This is the weird part. He was able to get in touch with a kid initially on a dating app.
Speaker 4: That was disturbing.
Speaker 3: But perhaps the child was on a dating app and lied about his age or somehow circumvented any sort of You would hope there were age restrictions on set dating app.
Speaker 4: I would imagine there would have to be. But yes, they said it was a dating app.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't get that. But they initially met there and they said it went over then to Instagram where they took their conversations and that is where a robe some protections jumped into place, and tip came into authorities. So that's why through Instagram. I'd love to hear more about that and how that works, and to think that maybe it worked the way it was supposed to this time great, but that is how they initially got out.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the charges, by the way, are a plenty. I believe we're looking at nearly a dozen, three counts of lewd battery of a minor, three counts of interfering with custody of a minor, unlawful use of a two way communication device, traveling to meet a minor, three counts of those HIV infected person, having sex without informing partner right now, there are four counts of that. We'll explain what the other count is. And possession of drug paraphernalia. I think he had five counts of that. But there is a man, a twenty six year old man, who was also a victim in this case.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is someone who they were able to find and track down. Through the investigation, they found out there was another guy out there, so they or someone else that they believed he was involved with. So they let this guy know, gave him a heads up that twenty six year olds is now HIV positive.
Speaker 3: He actually was infected and he did not know until police found him, contacted him, had him tested, and turns out yes, he in fact has HIV, and I believe from what I have read, police were able to at least intervene with this young this fourteen year old, and get him on medication to help prevent him actually contracting HIV.
Speaker 4: There are meds out there.
Speaker 3: Prep is obviously the best beforehand but there are meds if you've recently been exposed, if you can get on them right away, you can diminish your chances of actually contracting HIV.
Speaker 1: They haven't done.
Speaker 2: We'll give you a quote here from the sheriff, but not clear Robes, and I don't know when they'll know. When the kids in they all clear, but they say he is being treated now, but don't.
Speaker 1: Know does this work. Is he okay? Will he be okay?
Speaker 2: We don't have that answer, but they are getting the kid treatment according to the authorities. And this was wild Robes he went. They say the pastor cheney Field had gone to Baltimore to actually perform a funeral service through hospice. Okay, so he's still actively out there working as a pastor. They said they contacted the folks up in Maryland because they felt this guy was such a threat.
Speaker 1: They say, we have to stop. What does he do in Baltimore.
Speaker 3: And who may he be potentially having sex with in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: So they tried to get a hold of them, but weren't able to get him until he came back. Robes flew back in to Orlando and they immediately arrested him. Scooped him up, and they say, robes he did. He has already confessed to some of the behavior with the fourteen year old. So the sheriff there, I put it this way quote, he confessed that he picked up this fourteen year old child on at least three different occasions, took him to his home where he engaged the child in sex. But that wasn't it, That wasn't all. Timothy is HIV positive. He failed to tell this fourteen year old child that I am HIV positive, and he had unprotected sex with a child and exposed our fourteen year old victim to HIV. We pray that our work was fast enough because we got our victim the HIV cocktail. So he's saying, we hope that we stopped this child from being infective. They don't know yet, Rose, but he said finally, but we have a twenty six year old who said that he engaged Timothy Chaneyfield in sex and now he is HIV positive. That is the story summed up in one quote from the sheriff. What an incredible story worlds we've seen. I'm sure you've covered at some point in your career stories in which someone did have sex it didn't inform someone that they were HIV positive.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've heard about one involving child.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of this before. And to know it just look, it's it's appalling and criminal behavior for anyone to have sex with a child, first of all. Second of all, to know that your potentially infecting them with a lethal disease and not telling them. And then on top of that, you're a pastor, you're a man of God.
Speaker 1: Get worse.
Speaker 5: I don't know how in the hell is this possible.
Speaker 4: It is awful.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is as bad of a story as you can tell.
Speaker 2: And again to declear, he was he was caught after coming back from a work trip in which he performed a funeral. What this is as that there is a maliciousness Now, it's not even malicious, it's not even lack of morals, rogues. There is an evil to that.
Speaker 5: It's deliberate, it's intentional.
Speaker 4: It's a choice.
Speaker 2: Damn, I don't roes. This is swee of hoof. We have covered some stories here lately that I have that boggle the mind, and this is another one of them. And I dare I even say, folks, this actually gets worse. Stay here, we'll explain why it does and why authorities believe. Yes, there are more victims out there and they are desperate to track them down immediately.
Speaker 3: Welcome back everyone to Amy and TJ. We mentioned before the break that this story gets worse. It might be hard to imagine that it could, but it does because we learned from police that this man, who they describe as a dope smoking pedophile preacher who is infected with HIV was, in fact, we mentioned that he was in a position of trust. Yes, as a pastor, that's understandable, but how about as a teacher. Cheneyfield worked for the Polk County Schools for twelve years up until recently twenty twelve until twenty twenty four. He was a substitute teacher for a couple of those years, and he was an IT network manager for most of those years. But he was in and around schools. He was there among children, and anyone who has ever read up on or knows anything about pedophiles, they never just have one victim, and they almost always put themselves in a position to be around young folks who they can groom, who they can have at their access, whose parents trust them. Given their position. And this reads because you talk about a preacher and a teacher. Those are two people most parents trust with their children, period. And you assume that the companies or the entities that they work for have vetted these folks, right, I think we all operate assuming that's the case.
Speaker 1: I mean, Robes. How do you I mean robes? You said it.
Speaker 2: How can we imagine we should be comfortable in thinking that this guy, this was his first ever victim. We're supposed to believe this is a one off. That's a hard in robes. You look at this twenty twelve robes for the past nearly fifteen years, we know he has worked in direct robes. This dude that is accused and, according to police, confess to having unprotected sex, knowing he had HIV with a fourteen year old kid. You're telling me he was in a classroom for two years teaching kids.
Speaker 4: That's frightening. And he's forty two years old.
Speaker 3: Now, he didn't just become a pedophile in the last year or two. This is something that he obviously.
Speaker 4: Has dealt with.
Speaker 3: This isn't This isn't something that just pops up suddenly. So yes, this is very concerning. In, anyone who had a child in his classroom, anyone who had a child in that school while he was in and out. Even yes, substitute teacher for some of those years, but also yes, as an IT manager, he.
Speaker 4: Still had access to classrooms.
Speaker 3: Everyone needs it help and so yes, police are desperate. They want this story out because they need to hear from potential victims, from family members, from folks who think, oh.
Speaker 5: My god, I went to that church, I was in that school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need to be aware.
Speaker 2: But we were wondering as well. The other thing I didn't mention the para professional part. So's two years as a substitute. He spent a couple of years as what they call a para professional, which is just a teacher's assistant. He's literally physically in the classroom. That still puts him in the classroom. So two years, Yeah, there's three, four five years he was specifically assigned to class rooms, and as an IT manager, he was making site visits. I mean you can imagine he was going in and out of classrooms free reign rodes ah. Yeah, we do these things. We're desperate to understand. And this is sick. This is as close to evil as you're going to get me to say that's evil, that's.
Speaker 4: On so many levels.
Speaker 3: And so, yes, the police department put out this statement and yeah, this is the sheriff. And the sheriff nailed it in his statements because he really brought it home and made the point that this is an ongoing investigation.
Speaker 4: He said, I would be shocked.
Speaker 3: If there weren't other children victims out there. I would be shocked if there weren't other victims out there. He was very active, he was very engaged.
Speaker 1: What does that mean that they may I mean probably for social.
Speaker 3: Media, from his dating app, from how he was meeting people, how he was hooking up with people. He could see, they could see how often he was reaching out to folks. And so can you imagine now this awful task as a detective to try and reach out to any of those people who you can see he contacted or who he met up with, and then have to go back fifteen years to that school, to those rosters, to those yearbook photos to find out who was around him when. And you need as a public service to contact these folks, not just to find out what may have happened to them at the hands of this man. But also to alert them that they need to be tested.
Speaker 1: Fack is ticking for some and who.
Speaker 3: Knows how much how much sexual activity was taking place for all of those years these kids grew up continued to be sexually active, I would imagine, And so this is a nightmare.
Speaker 5: Just the exponential potential of victims.
Speaker 3: In this case is kind of mind blowing and scary all at the same time.
Speaker 2: It's scary to think of just right, if this was an isolated incident, that whole situation is terrifying. But roabes the potential for you. Potentially he was in schools for the past fifteen years. This is a terrifying story for what it is and for potentially what it could be. I wanted to pass this one along, but it's a big, big story happening right now in Florida.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 2: It's a tough one, but it's still worth talking about and getting the word out. Even Robes, so, folks, we appreciate you is always spending a little time with us, even on this very very difficult story, but on behalf of my dear Amy Robot.
Speaker 1: I'm T J. Holmes. We'll talk to y'all soon.
Speaker 3: M h m hm.