Speaker 1: He is drinks chests, motherfucking podcast man.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary Queens rapper.
Speaker 1: He's agreed that your boy in O.
Speaker 2: R E D's a Miami hip hop pioneer put up as.
Speaker 3: DJ E f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And the most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drinks.
Speaker 1: Chants most squavery days.
Speaker 3: New Year's c that's it's time for drink champs.
Speaker 2: Drink up, motherfucker? Would it good be?
Speaker 4: Hopefully its what it should be. It's your boy and R E.
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 1: It is DJ E f N And this is middle Tammo Crazy Walk. Yeah yeah, drink chests. This brother right here is a legend.
Speaker 4: He's an icon.
Speaker 1: He got thirty six albums be working. I think you got one hundred albums, thirty six albums that came out. He's a West Coast legend, legend or overall a hip hop veteran. And today we're gonna give him his flowers. We're gonna make sure that he knows how much he means to the game, and we're gonna celebrate him today. So in case you don't know what we're talking about. Only I think that's amazing. You've really got thirty six albums.
Speaker 3: Bro, I don't know if I got that. Yeah, we counted it. We counted him, be counted it. Yeah, I don't know what the fun I was doing. Yeah, I just I just created. So I never kept count I figured i'd be done signed for five. I thought i'd be out by four, right, and you just dropped a new album, yes, Celepardies Face Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: How what is the difference from coming out of ninety six to coming out now?
Speaker 3: Uh, let's a good question. I would say a lot more saturated. Okay, you know, it's just a lot more output. I remember knowing, like going to the record store and knowing what depth Jam had, you know what I'm saying, what Tommy Boy had. And now it's kind of like everybody's varying for attention. So I kind of looked at it like times square. It's a million billboards, so you got to focus attention. So now just you got to make it because you love it, try your best to promote it and hope you know somebody listens. You ever thought you would do it as long? Fuck? No? Sometimes, like why do you, but you know what it was. I thought, like I said, like, I thought I'd be done by four life keep lifing, so you just end up having shit to talk about. Now, Okay, so now.
Speaker 1: The Golden State Warriors, Yes, it actually did sue you guys, yeah for what it really did because yeah, at that time, you guys were selling an imprint.
Speaker 3: Well we named ourselves and I guess, uh, you got on the radar. So exhibit you know, the Restless album went platinum and then all of a sudden they cared like you are not the Golden State Warriors. It's like what we spelled it differently, is like we didn't don't care.
Speaker 4: They don't care.
Speaker 3: McDonald Yeah, we couldn't be McDonald's trying. Wow, holy ship resting, piece of fear this somewhere. No, we did. We did like five records and I'm also be Robbie, honest my record it wasn't Capital at the time. I think it was transitioning Priority record. They just got a little greedy man. They fucked that deal off. So I'm always the one that like, because everybody had different deals. Exhibbit was that loud I was at Priority, Sofia was at Quincy Jones label.
Speaker 4: I forgot the name of Quest.
Speaker 3: He was signed the Quest and when X popped, the bean counter start coming out. That's not a racist thing, I'm talking about you. But now they started counting the money, the counting of the money. People, the attorneys in the suits started asking for a whole bunch of shit, and they like held up. But we had a million dollar deal on the table, and they like dragged it out for like a year, which was really when I started flipping out, where I was just like like maybe this ain't then making mistakes where it kind of seemed like they was sabotaging and drave beats and all that. Well, I mean, think about it. We had his relationships, my relationships, and Safir, So you know, theoretically we would have had e forty and two short with all the base shit right, and then we would have had my relationships, which I got Riza and blah blah blah blah blah and Premiere, and so we were gonna kind of do one of those like voltes trying it up and make this crazy different kind of record.
Speaker 5: You don't think you could put that record out today, Like I would have to say that all these people are doing these.
Speaker 2: Records with artists that aren't around anymore and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Sofia is gone. So like I'm but have had all the have got the you know, you know, have got all them files he had, he had the rials.
Speaker 4: We only had what Sofia had.
Speaker 3: If somebody supposedly had a hope, like a whole Sefia album that never came out, and we were we had disgusted me and X and uh and his brother Sonny chop Black, but we couldn't get because I'm not gonna ai my brother's votes, you know what I'm saying. So if we can't get severiir vocals, we can't do it. I mean, you know, I would love to. I mean, I mean we can repect it. I kind of was suggesting that, like why don't we just take old vocals and hooks and build it? But I guess, you know, maybe we will if the technology gets good enough for that producer dude that's out there talking to you, whoever you are, get us, because think about it, back then, everybody was doing three verses, so ship you give us one song and we got three songs, so yeah, give us three writers and let us was that recorded digitally or back then.
Speaker 4: We were do I think we were a little bit of both.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think pro tools existed when we were yeah, because we're talking about like two thousand and one, Okay, probably two thousand and two, so it was just that transition. We still had the two inch reells, but I think we were starting to add it in pro tools.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we still because we was over there with Drake, so you know, he had the best of both for us.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite album you made or is it like your kids? You can't pick your favorite kids.
Speaker 3: Always, you know what I don't like? I make them and then I like, I don't listen to them, and then I forget them. What kind of that sounds like a dream Champs episode? I mean way later because I don't want to get uh, you know, like super wrapped up in one thing.
Speaker 4: I'm always trying to like grow.
Speaker 3: Really, Leparty's Face for me is solo nights to to a certain degree.
Speaker 4: It's like I told you so is what it is. But I don't have a favorite.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I listen to shit, like the Homie was playing one of my projects and I was just like, oh shit, because now if I ain't listening in a couple of years or ten years. I'm not that person. I'm just kind of listening to some dude saying some shit that I can relate to. So I kind of enjoy that part of it. So I like every record separately for different reasons when I listen to them.
Speaker 1: Do you think putting out music but with the end ofnet and like, you know, being able to download, you think that they say harder for the artists or is it easier because it's more.
Speaker 4: Access it's all tools, you know, I think.
Speaker 3: It invites people to diminish the work that it takes to make one song, you know what I'm saying, because they can get it so easily, or you know, they can stream it for free here, or you know what I'm saying. Ten ninety ninety you got the library of everything. But then on the other side, I would rather hear it than not hear it. So I just look at the tool for what it is, appreciate it and try to you know, nowadays, you know we already know you got to monetize it. In other ways, you may not be able to monetize it on the creation of the music. Maybe you could sell the merch. Maybe you can platform it, which we always do. You got to platform this shit and the other shit. Most people don't get rich being a rapper, you know what I'm saying. You know what's funny.
Speaker 1: I remember having to drop a record and like for me to get that record to London, I had to physically go to London, right, like you know what I mean, to go to see how Tim west Wood to see it, and like I'll never gonna like pict it. This gaming to be like that, like where you could just press one button button.
Speaker 3: And all over right, even recording, I mean, you know, just I never thought I could do a song with somebody, you know what I'm saying, New York and without being in New York. Yeah, because they had to ship the ricks all that ship the two inch.
Speaker 5: Will And what about now seeing your kids all right, they're doing man, I'm.
Speaker 3: You know, like I always just say, I'm happy, you know that they found something they love and that that thing they love is giving them the opportunity of fair shot. So probably about it. What would it happened if they were whack drink?
Speaker 2: Can we get them a drink?
Speaker 1: They would have just been whacked because you you you are don't for being one of the best limits. I imagine that, like.
Speaker 3: Because I heard it at first, you said you told them nowhere first to tell them that, And one thing, like I want them to tell their own story, so like you know for sure that's their narrative. They've really created a so so I'm going to let them speak on it. But in general, if they were whack, right, they would just be whack. There's other Look, Jordan's sons are not doing Jordan's thinking. So that's you know, my my I don't know. I'm trying to give a good example. What yeah, whatever, my father can swim good.
Speaker 4: That's a lot. But I'm just making up ship.
Speaker 3: But the point is if I could not be able to I might not able to swim because everything ain't biological and everything.
Speaker 4: You know, some ship. You just got to work that on your own. You may you know, uh, did I say I was drinking?
Speaker 3: You did? Yes? I know I did. You know?
Speaker 1: You know why because that's what we too, were reanalyzed, how the uh the show was going to go by what you're drinking?
Speaker 4: We know to kill it works every time. Likes just to kill you.
Speaker 3: Jamie, Okay, Yeah, that's Jaison so I seek you.
Speaker 4: I was just straight up to.
Speaker 3: How did you become a whiskey guy? Yea, yea Yeady did it? First of all, I got to represent the West, so we all started with the bullshit.
Speaker 4: We started with bumpy Face.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what that is. You don't remember bumpy face. You were you were you, you were being a good.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Bumpy face was the GM and it was what the bottle was, bop like, so we would we did that. But we're talking about kids ship Sloop alludes to it Jenny juice, so that's when you're like your kids. And we would drink that and then you hang hungover, and then we would drink uh.
Speaker 4: Fucking it was.
Speaker 3: It was cheap ass, like night train and you put kool aid in. So we did that, and basically then it was Hennessy once we finally got some money. I remember whining, oh ga, need some Hennessy. You drink Cisco.
Speaker 4: Of course I drank at all. I thought it was amazing.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 2: It was amazing for U when we were a kid, but.
Speaker 3: Not oh yeah, never now liquid crack yeah. And then and then uh, we went to the Hennessy phase. Hennessy. I call it jail juice. So I looked up and thought, every time look at me, juice, you think everybody was looking at you while you're looking at me. I just knew I ended up in jail every time. I know, every time I ended up in jail there was some Hennessy involved. So that I was like, I can't do that no more. Went through my vodka phase and then uh yeah, I was somewhere. I was at a bar with like some of it was a whole bunch of fucking uh Wall Street dudes, and the Wall Street dude was like, yeah, that's the money drinks, and I was like, oh, really, fuck it. Okay, yeah, drink ivery smoke Jamaican. I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: We'll go through a couple of these albums and tell me what you what you think of when you hear it?
Speaker 3: Okay, sol on Ice truer now than it was then? Really? Absolutely? Wow.
Speaker 4: You think tom sais not got better?
Speaker 3: It's worse.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it is worse.
Speaker 2: It is it worse.
Speaker 4: Sol on Ice is trure now.
Speaker 3: I think the things I'm dealing with, you know what I'm saying that I'm talking about social political you know, overt racism, a country that won't own up to its lies, erasing history, literally taking people out of books and making it illegal, burning books and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always said that that like a ninety maybe ninety one to like ninety.
Speaker 5: Five hip hop lyricism was telling us everything that foreshadowed everything that happened today.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you know the saying, I mean, smarter people than than I have said, Like, you know, what is it If you don't learn from history, you're doing the repeat it. If you keep fucking the same girl that keeps giving you crabs, you're gonna get crabb the dragon, right, I mean, you know, logic prevails. So, yeah, we haven't learned from our past mistakes. And then we get on some we like to fucking escape. We like to escapism music, We like to do escapism ship. So we are we're doing to repeat it. And then again, America likes to fucking say that never happened. You know what I'm saying, never happened. We didn't do anything to you guys. You guys are just tripping.
Speaker 6: Right, Okay, blasphemy, blasphemy, ooh, hypocrisy.
Speaker 3: The only reason why is because the album was actually called I Really let that album. My home boy Curtis Daniel would say, uh, his favorite produced abum, so you know, shouts out to Apollo Brown. But the name of the album was really called I came up with that title when I was in prison, but that wasn't the title. The title was called how to Kill God. That was the name of the album. That album was called, right, real controversial, Yes it is because guess what, it's not a how to manual, nigga. I'm just staying like so the metaphor was right, yeah, Now that the metaphor was how do you kill God? Well, God is love, right, God created everything. So if you go kick a fucking cat, you killing God. You know you're hurting God. You know something that God created one of God's creations. So how to kill God is being a dick, being fucked up, being a sexist, being a racist, being a bitch ass nigga. All that ship is how to kill God. So when I did it, ironic parties, I didn't say how to kill Allah or how to kill Buddha all the shit because America. And that's why I said this hypocrisy is if I would have said how to kill Allah, how to kill Buddha how to kill yahweh Apple and iTunes would have said cool. Spotify would have said cool because they identify that with European God. That's why they said no, it's like absolutely not. So then we called it blasphemy because they're being blasphemous. So that's what I think of.
Speaker 4: Okay, eat or.
Speaker 3: Die, That's what I'm on the run. So that's when I realized this company is against me and I'm gonna have to sink or swim. So yeah, I just think of like fucking, my back was against the wall. I was upset, I was mad, and fuck it, I'm gonna have to eat or I'm gonna die.
Speaker 5: I got to figure this shit out, and we got to go back because I know you've talked about it in length.
Speaker 2: Just for the sake of the show, I want you to go back later on and okay.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Okay sold on Ice two. Hmm.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was slept I mean, well I always get slept on. I think it was just a great follow up, and I wasn't trying to make a so on nice too, I'm trying to throw off. I was trying to make something else, which is normally how these records happen, and then I just felt like five records in, I was like, I'm making something that is an extension of the first one. So I feel like I did that and what it was that like whatever our twenty twenty three solo nice updated production wise or whatever? Yeah, okay Adidas All day I dream about spitting my only double album, shouts out to Rathmatic.
Speaker 4: And what do I think about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I feel like it was my only double album, which I never felt like. I don't be having a bandwidth for that shit. So I don't know who listened to it, because there's a lot of listening.
Speaker 1: How did Adta This Night not get at you? If the Golden State Warriors got you?
Speaker 3: Well, they always say if somebody contacts you, did you already did your job?
Speaker 4: That means I didn't do my job. Is like I fucked this guy.
Speaker 3: Before Killer Mike's Adidas. I think, so yeah, I believe so yeah. If they don't hit you here, I'll give you a prime example and I get to flex a little bit.
Speaker 4: That's a good flex.
Speaker 3: So when I'm working on this album, Ra Assassination, I'm with Drey and I play my intro the whole intro is kind of basically what we're in. Like there's this dude that's kind of like a fascist dictator and there's no dogs or niggers allowed and not of that, and we're operation. We got to get rid of this fascist ruler of America, right right, And but before that's arts and uses, uh, because you remember the VHS tapes and it would be like now our future presentation. So I play it for dre Now we thought all the sonics on. It goes boom, our future presentation. My record comes out crickets. He uses the THHX sound, but that ship goes diamond. Niggas came a knocking. So the whole point is, I'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission. You just do this ship if it popping, and then come get out, you know, get your money.
Speaker 4: I'm never mad at that.
Speaker 3: They can't backfire sometimes well no, I've never really watched the backfire.
Speaker 2: I'll give you very much.
Speaker 3: But he made the money already. In the long run, it didn't work out. It works. What's his name did a masterpiece? Son suffered with the sample stuff, but the record sold already. You can't tell a nigga he can't perform the records. You just say, I want all the publishings. What this is a little Romeo. I'm telling you master P did it. I watched it in real time. I watched master P. There was three little's back then litl bow Wow, all these little lass niggas, Little bow Wow, little Romeo, Lisanne. Before the onset of the youngs and the babies, niggas was little first, then they became young nigga baby. Now niggas gonna be zygo wherever the fuck. So little uh uh I remember uh Romeo pops whose master P because tours on my label was on Priority Records. So Lizaye just came off to one twelve record on the boat. You know what I'm saying. Platinum, Little bow Wow's with Jermaine dupri and Romeo. They master Pe wants to sample them. Jackson Record, Priorty Records. The being counters the execs is like never in life. He like, fuck you, he got his own money. Shoot, well yeah, that's who had to deal with it. But they're still the execs. But he's like, I don't give a fuck. Masterpiece says I want to put my son out and it shoots the video puts out, manufacturers, whatever puts the record out. Randall Jackson say fuck you, I'm taking one hundred percent of that record. It don't matter the record goal. The son has a career, he's still too Menny Denny gets on the Disney Channel wherever the fuck it is. So I'd rather ask for forgivingess the permission. Motherfucker's going out tell you everything that can't go right until you just show them that it went right, and here's your bread. Fucking I'd rather pay a nigga off and let him get one hundred percent of Son than have one hundred percent or nothing. It's real. I still think it's a give and take. You don't want to giving me an example.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, think about some people inspired for you know what, fuck that I'm gonna take that ship.
Speaker 3: La Brandy scenario. Maybe not just music well yeah, baby with I mean it's certainly like I think like I forgot who it was. It was like one of the video games people where they're gonna shut you down immediately, But in this music.
Speaker 2: Ship, that's how it was.
Speaker 3: With the mix, that's what is.
Speaker 5: That's a mixyal, you can't do it whatever, you know what I'm saying, right.
Speaker 3: But it's too late. You can't put the pace back into tube. Bro, get that ship out there if it's fires fired, and then lie say, you know what, I didn't do it that part.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it true? You and David Banner used to be broommates? Yes?
Speaker 4: How the hell does this house work? How do work?
Speaker 3: Man? I love Banner?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 3: So this is.
Speaker 2: This crooked lettuce Banner lost the deal.
Speaker 3: This is right after crooked letters. Wow, matter were you using on the record? I was on the record. Yeah, yeah, Bro? What was the firewater? Right water? Yeah? So the single pobs whatever, whatever, the label doesn't feel like the album whatever.
Speaker 4: He lost the deal.
Speaker 3: Little dude me. I got to get a fabulo ship. I got to d record. They fumbled the whole record. The money's running out, you know what I'm saying. I'm like, I'm not gonna be broke in LA, because then they're gonna say I smoke crack. If you see a broke nigga, you know that you saw TV and you don't see him looking okay, he's smoked out.
Speaker 4: You know I'm saying, that's the assumption.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, fuck it, what this is? This is motivation. I know I do. I think like an awful, stupid person, but I'm just telling you my truth. I'm like, I don't want to go to Atlanta because there's some people I was upset with. So I'm like, where else can I go? And this you got to remember this a little bit pre internet. So I go, I call Wendy, Wendy Day, you know what I'm saying. Shout out to Wendy, and Wendy's like, well, got you. You can come over here and you know, figure it out. I'm like, fuck, rap, I don't want to rap, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It was fucked.
Speaker 3: My whole career up, doomed, and uh when I get there, it's another nigga on another count. Shit it was banner. Oh wow, yeah man, So we rocked out. Man. I actually have a videotape because I had a camcorder dating myself. And one day we went to the club because her roommates do all the dope parties in New York, like Life, all the fly shit. But one night we went to like Life or something like that, and then he didn't fill up for it, like he was just you know, depressed. You know what I'm say, niggas going through it like damn and maybe questioning, yeah, like maybe my career is over. And I remember I got back a couple of hours later. He was like sitting in the stairwell. He was like, man, I hope you're mind. I used the camera and shit. I was like, man, it's cool, bro. I went back and looked at it. He was like, Nigga, my shit fucked up, my career fucked up. But my name is David Banner. I'm gonna be somebody and the nigga did it. So it actually got that tape and I got to find it for him because it's inspiring to watch somebody tak lowis you know, be up. And then we did a record. We I mean we did a record. We got the studio and mob Deep was next door. Yeah York, Yeah, ok yeah, we stay in New York. Were staying on like thirty third and third okay building, we fly, well, we ain't fly. We did them flying. We niggas on the couch. We brother man from the second floor. Okay, flub or whatever it was, but uh they uh, they were next door working on I think it was murder music anyway. Anyway, I'm forgetting what year, but we're doing this record because I remember Pee and Halbits like whatever. They didn't know David. I introduced David. They was like, you know, niggas be nosy, walk in looking you know what I'm saying. I'm like, oh, that shit crazy, and they walk in and listen to ours. We was we had sampled uh entertain us. Here we go Nirvana, and I remember the niggas just looking like what the fuck. But then Banner ended up using it on the mixtape that popped him out, you know what I'm saying. That then well for him, I think the song was called spass Out. But you know we was, we was working man were it was crazy manco that was and I was out there acting. You would see me out. Yeah, that's right, that's what I want.
Speaker 5: He sent me a record with him an absol though I don't know if he's put it out here, but he's always because it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who else said records?
Speaker 3: I got a record with a soul my mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shameless rast cast was its.
Speaker 3: Oh that was the reap uh Storm. I wanted to give him in trouble storing and manages blonde Yeah, or have it down, but he used to manage. Bob manages me too, and that was the first time for that project. Uh, somebody had got me a honeycake sock into my pocket. In my pocket, that was my first my honey all check outside of my record deal. So I always think of that like, thank you Storm, so salute the storm. Perfect management. The Yellow Snow EP, Oh, that's funny, that's my homeboy, Rubio. Uh Doc Hollywood was the name of the group.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The Yellow Snow EP was I like doing like what they call them ugly sweater Like I like taking holidays and flipping them upside down. So the Yellow Snow EP was me taking Christmas songs and like shipping on Christmas.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's not about p well.
Speaker 3: Yellow snow is t say yeah. Saying is don't eat the yellow snow. The yellow snow. It's the p yeah. God, it's like, don't eat the snow and Harlem like on there, it's gonna be some cracks in there.
Speaker 4: So what's bringing me to Christmas?
Speaker 3: Christian? Was that the same play on the holiday? Yeah, Christmass. Yeah, that's just the extension. I took the Yellow Snow EP and just every couple of years I add a new song and I give it out around Christmas, so I just yeah, Chris mess in the s s. It's just it's the ugly sweater thing. It's just me taking Christmas. And I did like a drad Old song. You know what I'm saying, I just do. Who haven't I attacked yet? I have to do what? What's the what's the black one? Quansa quanta? I have to guy to do a quanza. You can't. You can't do that. I can out of this. I got to be messing with Christmas. I got to mess with everybody.
Speaker 4: Okay, Michaels, that's all right.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 4: What's your favorite erro of hip hop.
Speaker 3: Musically or just living? Either way, I would say music that ain't fair. It's always fire shit. But you know, before I got to deal with super Fun because I got to watch other people. I was a fly on the wall being around like Wino and Coolio and meeting you know, Premiere and you know, gang Starr and Mop and just you know what I'm saying, Bumpy, just whatever, just being that guy and then coincidentally meeting my peers. You know what I'm saying. You know, the Warlocks going on to be the locks and so and so just meeting all these other dope people. That part of it was fun. I definitely have enjoyed even today. You know what I'm saying, Like I'm in a very small a group of people of what I think are like elading saves producers, you know what I'm saying, artists and a lot of us have encountered and kicked it and done ship and traveled the world together.
Speaker 4: So for me, that part is always fun.
Speaker 3: There's been a lot of peaks and valleys and damn, probably way more values than anything. But this ship is fun. Man, for me, you still have fun doing it. I have a fucking blast. All I want is the same bag as the fun the bag. If I get the bag, I'm really out of here. Nigga, I will make nigga me and Blue used to say that of my little stupid cousin. Yeah, Davini, but yeah, you know what I'm saying. The nigga I make fucking I make wood look look like gold. Nigga. Let me go, let me, let me get about three point five million, nigga, you will see a nigga take over the planet. Right.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Blue Da Vinci, were you like What was your interaction with that BMS movement?
Speaker 4: Uh shit, I was there from the on set.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was there.
Speaker 4: First of all, be as frank as I can.
Speaker 3: Uh we met Blue. Blue was Blue is my second MIC. I never called him hype man, So Blue is my second MIC. And Blue grew up in the same neighborhood as Whino and whatever. So who was Coolio's producer? The DJ? He's yeah, yeah, the recipes Coolio so blues with me. We got another cousin s class. He's from Inglewood, So blues from Carson one from Carson. Yeah, and DJ Pool loved the Blue, so Pool because Blue is funny. The nigga got jokes, y'all remember Gobby and yeah yeah, So.
Speaker 4: I worked through them with ran marketing stuff.
Speaker 3: So Gobby the only other nigga because well, the only nigga I've ever seen in real life, shut up Blue. Goby talked Blue into a circle with like bagging on niggas. So anyway, Poo loved Blue because he was funny. He could shoot jokes the street dude, but he's a comedian. He's funny, and so Pool loved him and started putting them in movies. Three Strikes this, that, and the third, so really meeting them went to Blue went to Pool and that's how we met meech in them. We met meeting him because Pool was like, okay, we'll have We'll have Blue be the artist and then was he the first artist under So that was the plan. The plan changed. The original plan was Pool quarterbacks and then Blue and Me come in. That got switched and our meat you eventually would I remember the nigga asked me how much to get you out your deal? And he was dead serious. It's like, yo, if if we give Varorty a million dollars, well you know what I'm saying, Well, they let you go. And I was like, I don't even know if I want to be in debt to a nigga or a million dollars. I remember, I was like, I'm opting out, you know, because then it was gonna be me running it and blew the artists. And what really happened is Blue took all the mantles. I opted out. I can't speak on what happened with Pool and Meets because I don't know exactly. It's just one minute that was the play. Then the play switch opted out of the play. The hood came into it, which is great beach, and it was rich already they already being math, was bing math, but the music was not a factor. And you know, like I said, I'll say as much as I can without you know whatever, but I would say this, I sent them to Atlanta. It wasn't none of their fucking ideas. We got patchworks. So if you come to La, why would you go to Atlanta? So it was behind then like take it to Atlanta because La niggas is gonna be trying to figure out where y'all getting this money from, who is y'all niggas, And then niggas gonna start running in.
Speaker 4: Trying to shoot up shit.
Speaker 3: First, you're gonna start as a homie, which is the extortion bit that happens the most rapped niggas that go out talking tough shit in La. You're gonna get extorted. The next one, they really just gonna come on your helmet. And the third wave is they send the bitch at you. She's gonna get you some pussy and then she's gonna lock the door one day, and that's happened in niggas too in La. So what you don't want to do is be out there looking like you know, that's anywhere, though, don't come out looking like steak.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: A whole bunch of starving parvo, wolves and shit, and you like, oh, looking fucks bloody steep. Okay, nigga, don't come get you. So my luck suggestion was take that ship. My quote was taken to the Woldies. I was like, go out with the Woldies. Take that ship to Atlanta. Because these niggas is already asking questions. There was a whole bunch of other shit happening. Like I said, I don't want to speaking. And so they went to Atlanta and and fast forward two years later, I'm getting the report card and it was not good. I was in the pen already, like jeezuz did this so and so they beat up. I'm like, bro, you cannot be can't can't go after parties after you know, not guilty verdicts. The ship with elephants. I was like, don't do it. You're bringing all this a fence. It was a lot of Shenanigans.
Speaker 4: Great, so you were in when that was started possible?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, go there.
Speaker 4: I see them. And then I go to New York and then I have to go to Vegas.
Speaker 3: I get locked up in Vegas and fast forward by two thousand and three is four, I'm getting the report card of the Shenanigans and I'm like, don't do the Shenanigans. First of all, you can't put a billboard when you're leaving the airport. When you go into the airport and leaving it in front of Jamaine Duprius says the world is being I'm like, you can put on no music. Where the fuck is the music? Nigga like sell hot Dog a sudden nigga do something y'all niggas cannot explain, you know whatever, but they went for it. Ultimately, at the end of the day, I always want meet and like I said, my other cousin and a gag of my homies are you know were in or BMF.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. And you know, the worst part is that.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of money and to set black people back by twenty five years, that was a lot of fucking money and not having those relationships, you know, those people.
Speaker 4: Not having a relationship.
Speaker 3: And I'm not mad at fifth, but you know what I'm saying, Like that wasn't supposed to be a documentary that's supposed to just be you know, other people keep it together and get the bag. Then we couldn't keep it together, or they couldn't keep it together. But as a poor execution of a fucking amazing opportunity.
Speaker 4: I could have paid a lot of people.
Speaker 3: So I always I look at it like, damn Fifth Phil got a documentary and the TV show out of it.
Speaker 4: But that shit was supposed to be incredible. How did you avoid gang banging from where you're from?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: I don't think you avoid it.
Speaker 3: I just anybody that tells you you have to step into a gang is a fucking liar, you know what I mean? Like we're all we all grow up somewhere, so always always liking it to like the Kendrick skit because I think his his it's so visceral. I relived that shit like it was on a good kid, Mad City ship where he's just like where your mama from, where your grandmama from? Like dat's la Like you're gonna get pressed if somebody, especially if you stick out like a sore thumb, somebody's gonna be like why are you over here? I mean, And as far as just growing up in the neighborhood. You don't have to do shit. It's a basketball nigga. Think about it. On the block, like anywhere Brooklyn, fucking Florida, Miami, Uh, you know, anywhere that you're at. It's a comedy dude. Somebody that's funny. On your block. It's somebody who played basketball. It's a real straight lace dude. That might be the police. He might be a crooked cop, but it's a straight lace dude. It's a it's the one all the girls like, right, you know what I'm saying. It's like the pretty boy nigga that all the girls like. It's usually a gay nigga too. It's just all these different people. So that's that's a regular street in LA. They made. What they did was they created this narrative that in La you had to do it, and that's what you're do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sells good, it selles and.
Speaker 3: It's great boys in the hood, but that's actors and some of them niggas ain't even from La. A lot of them it's from New York. And so that's this narrative that, uh, you're forced the times I would assume you'd be forced to say, and you're not even forced is because your pops and not that he forced you.
Speaker 4: It's just you associate or your older brother.
Speaker 3: So I know a lot of people who've stepped in because they broke it, you know what I'm saying, or their father was. So it's like, I'm this is calm on second nature. But nobody when you're like teena, you gotta do it. Nobody never says that, like lies to you being outside of it. That is the fun it is, I would assume until it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like when I used to see like like n w A and like they rocking ice black oh ship, think about it.
Speaker 4: It's so different to us.
Speaker 3: Gangster's in black. There is no you know, they were there. They're a construct their concept and I'm not disrespecting them. I'm just saying there are gangs. They are you wear the wall of the crypt right. Yeah he was, you know what I'm saying, and something he didn't rep it though, like that, like I mean on.
Speaker 4: The right right.
Speaker 3: More people started stepping in just saying like cuz and blood, like the young niggas is really outside. And then we got a third factor. We got Southsiders. We got Mexicans, right and that's a whole different factor. So it's like this whole gang ship. Motherfucker's got a fun up, Like it's just bloods and cribs. You got these Southsiders and they don't want you around there, and they are they hopping out with k's on niggas.
Speaker 5: You don't think the most overt version of like putting it out there was Banging on Wax.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's the first one that was. But here's the rubb on that. If I'm correct, there's only two people alive from Banging on Wax. Wow. Yeah, it was overt, and guess what, now you're the target. Nobody survived that except for two people that I know of. I don't even say their names, but it's only two people alive, and one of them had a suitonym when he was on Banging on Wax. He didn't gobody his real name.
Speaker 2: Because who would have been doing it before that? Maybe come to those wanted maybe well, I mean.
Speaker 4: There were people making so some of these records that came out.
Speaker 3: That would eventually become legendary rap albums started off as like hood demos that they would sell it to swap meets. So I recall one in particular where the artist is gang banging. He talked about where he's from. He talked about killing the enemies, the ops, all that. But when he sanitized it by the time he got a major record deal but not that La in La Bloods and Crypts loved it. In the South Siders, the Mexicans loved it too, but by the time he came out the mainstream he was he made it a lot more digestible by not putting out like I'm from this hood and I killed those particular people. Yeah, it's uh, it's the lifestyle is trust me.
Speaker 4: I got friends.
Speaker 3: That was game members before we met, you know, prisoners and some lifers after totally good people. I'm not knocking that. It's just it's not really uh for me. I never wanted to. I didn't step in. So what I remember telling in the studio one time, a dude you know early on, said like you may have to put on the suit, like to sell the records. You know what I'm saying, like put on the Khaki shuite and get the krip walking. I remember I said this was sometime around this time, around like ninety.
Speaker 4: Seven ninety eight issues.
Speaker 3: But I remember I just said, bro, I'm from you know what I'm saying, Like, I forgot how to krip walk, because if you if you not a cryp, then don't krip walk. So when you grow up in a neighborhood where people crip walk, you krip walk. And as sure as I'm rest assured that if you grew up in the blood neighborhood, you be walking. You know what I'm saying. But if you don't become a blood, stop be walking because you only creating a problem for yourself. And now you may not had the homies and the burner in the backup, so you don't do it. So I had forgotten how to crip walk because I decided I didn't. I said the dumbest thing when they talked. When they asked me to step into the hood, they said, baby John, because I was a RAS cast. They said, baby John, you're gonna see from the hood. And then I said, yeah, how much y'all paying an hour? And then the niggas laughed at me and they said, fuck it out. It's just my baby Joe. And that was a continue by you know, my life in the hood has had.
Speaker 4: A great time.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they never forced they never force you man, I've never seen nobody force.
Speaker 4: Most people jump in because they broke.
Speaker 3: So you want to sell dope, okay, So you need somebody to front you some dope, and you need some protection while you and where you're gonna sell a dope at. You can't go down the block to somebody else neighborhood selling dope. So you need a location to get on your feet, help your mama, whatever your situation is. The other one is you already grandfathered in. And the last one is something fucked up happened and you mad, you want to get some get back. Then there's a fourth. It is cool to a certain degree. The girls like gangsters, you know what I'm saying. So the girls like the digger, the lowrider, and you know what I'm saying. And the homies love you know what I'm saying. You got his tats and all that, So it's some of it.
Speaker 4: Niggas do anything for some vagina.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did understand LA politics at first. When I first went, I would go to any hood like wherever they said they was at, Like uh autographs that do we tell?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: We used to have to do that.
Speaker 1: It wasn't to I started hanging with other LA people there, it was like what you're doing is not normal? And I'm like what, Like I would go to saucing. I would go there and people what is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Like and I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: But one thing I do know it is like when a person asked you where you're from, like my accident is so happy? I wasna that, like I've never had Like as soon as they say, send me where you from and I say, they like, definitely not from here.
Speaker 3: And that's the nicest thing I can say about La. They do not They hunt each other like LA hunts his own you know what I'm saying, Like they'll figure it out, like a't from.
Speaker 4: You could tell by the way I walk, like like I can look.
Speaker 1: I can now physically look at somebody and be like, yo, he's from Like you know what I'm saying. Like, And it's crazy because you know we were with the Yankee hat right, which which is like you went to that.
Speaker 3: Neighbors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Yankee had his neighbors.
Speaker 3: There's like for every damn near for every fucking handitar wild man. So that can just get you joy.
Speaker 1: See, Like my friend Tito, he's not he's he wears whatever hat though, but uh.
Speaker 3: Not not in any hood like anywhere he knows, he knows. Yeah, what's funny is like even a specifically like Compton, people don't wear l A hats right Long Beach like everybody, Like just the best way to explain that LA to me is like New York has boroughs within your borroughs you got you know, left Frack City, you know, you got all these different places. We got like fifty two boroughs. L A is like New York for fifty two boroughs, like Guardena's Guardena. You know what I'm saying. Long Beach is a long beach. You know what I'm saying, constant there's a Compton and a Bompting like it coexists. So we're we got the west side, you know what I'm saying, Then you got the east side, which is watched, and then you got even further in and watches the whole city, right city. Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: It's not like our counties, right or it is count it's county.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a pretty big county. It's not even the biggest one California's biggest fuck. But yeah, our ship is even Hollywood in the Valley is still La County, right, Yeah, but but I was just saying, like it may be the easiest way. So some people when people think like Compton Long Beach, like it's it's not this unified place. It's a whole bunch of different they don't wear the same clothes, and somebody's being not helpful to them, and try up. I know, I do got a the doorbell. Hell yeah yeah we uh yet like literally tribal, so your hat could be a problem. You're obviously your colors and then your color go to East bro It's places. I remember one time we was, uh, this is past, this is past. Your geography is worse than mine. But that San Pedro, so San Piedro, there's like if you went south of see Arson, so Compton, Carson, Wilmington in this place called San Pedro's right by the water, like you know what I'm saying, and uh, it's pretty predominantly Mexican, predominantly Southsiders. I remember we went to a party and it was like, you know, some Mexican girls, like a couple of you know, Mexican homeboys, uh me and then our homeboy J two eleven here a white boy. I remember when in Mexico, he's like, we should go. He's like why, He's like, because they were discussing who to kill you or the weddow whoa. So sometimes they're tripping, like why is this nigga over here? Why does white dude over.
Speaker 4: Like we beat l A be tripping?
Speaker 3: Man? I mean, I think we've gotten a lot better. But yeah, so there's a politics, there's a racial issue. Think about it. New York is built up, so y'all got the same amount of people, but you guys are so you're almost forced to deal with people saying we got enough space to be an asshole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's why New York is our asshole too, because we like.
Speaker 2: They got the compression can.
Speaker 1: But in the nineties, right, I was dating this girl in l A and I you know, and so I was like, you know, if she always come meet me.
Speaker 3: So I was like, you know one time, like let me go with your neighborhood.
Speaker 1: She was like no, And I was like, what I didn't understand the politic to me, Puerto.
Speaker 4: Ricans Mexican is the same. And she she put her things.
Speaker 3: No, no, she.
Speaker 4: Showed like basically I belong to the hood.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my God like like forced me to say no, no, no, no, you can't come to my neighborhood. I was like, I want to come around. And I remember that ship. That ship hit me and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, damn, I mean kissing this bitchy. Basically, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, that's when I started started to know, you know, because at first we're thinking everywhere it's just like because the same people everywhere.
Speaker 4: But you start to know that that that politics is real.
Speaker 1: But like I got to admire you for that because it's like so easy to go that route, like you know what I'm saying, Like the fact that you stay like because you you ain't never want to.
Speaker 3: At one point, they say, man, I asked you ask I asked battle Cat. It was it was like two thousand sons. I was like, you signed the battle Cat right, No, he discovered us. Okay, me and my home Way Bird, but you know, the West was popping. I was like, and my label was looking at me like what's wrong with you? Like not nigga, I'm good at what I do. But I remember I asked Cat. I was like, so what would you do if I came back tomorrow? A little khaki suit booke chucks get to cut with the homies on down the street. He's like, so you practiced that way. That's the prototype of like the West Coast, me and the hummies all the time. Hummy, that's the stereotime. But yeah, he was like, i'd be you know, He's like, I would scratched my head because that's just not who you being. And I'm a watch baby, you know what I'm saying. I grew up in nine seventiest Coast watch Bak Street, you know what I'm saying. Me and Spider, the one that was signed a G unit. I'm his older brother. Martelle, like I am who I am. I just never wanted to be son. I wasn't so for me. You know. Some people lead into that and lean lean into it a little bit more than they really should. And that's cool. It's got a lot of people a lot of money. If I did it, I don't even think I look right, would it? Like I did it in the video, but the video didn't really come out. I did a song with Big Rock, Uh called back it Up, and I'm actually in a khaki suit, but I reverse take all that bullshit.
Speaker 4: Off and then I just wear myself.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you know if you if you had, like you said, you had a choice, but if you had no choice, which game would you?
Speaker 4: You're closer to what the bloods.
Speaker 3: Kind of clezy? I would I grew up in the crib neighborhood. Okay, sorry, I would. I would have stepped in as a crib.
Speaker 5: Okay, let let's get off the stereotystical side of the West Coast. But the scene that kind of helped birth you in the and that that really deep hip hop scene in LA, like the scene that you come from at least because I'm sure there's the scene even before the iced t and all these guys were part of the legendary What was that? Was that one club that everybody was coming out.
Speaker 3: Of that was like, oh was that a freestyle fellowship?
Speaker 4: And all of them the good life?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Talk about the good life? Was that it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The good life or the one that even all the Liquid crew and all these guys were Unity. That's the one.
Speaker 3: So Unity was the club. You probably wouldn't know. I don't remember you performed in LA back then. You performed at Unity. So Unity was a club. Rest in peace. Bigger Bee through and Bigger Be worked at loud. Okay, so him and Orlando, I'd be remiss because Bigger B recipes. Orlando is still alive. So they threw a club in La called You Downtown. Yeah, but it moved a few times, but it was always Unity. So Unity was first of all, it wasn't wasn't nobody really getting no daytime radio, so it was kind of like the wake Up Show was your one shot. At this point, it was only the wake Up Show. It was Swaying Tech. Before that it was Mike nardone and King Jams and and then they closed they show. I'm sorry, got to give problems. Yeah, Juliog was setting it off. He's actually even before with Mixed Masters Juliog. And then they kind of folded all that stuff. And then the next the next I would say, the next era of of Wrap radio became uh, thank you for giving me that too, Juliog. But then it became Unity. That was like the only outlet to perform. So yeah, yeah, that's where everybody like, that's the first time I ever got a show. I opened up, I had a demo, I had a white label record called Remaining Anonymous, Won't Catch Me Running. It got some support on college radio. And all that, and then I got booked and then me some money and I was like, I'm all in because I was just fanning. I was a fan and I didn't know people really did get but I didn't think I was gonna get some money for rapping. And I did the show. But yeah, that was like the Biggie the first shows. Biggie did the first shows like Wu Tang because he had loud so my beat that everybody that was coming to if he wasn't, if you wasn't like cool J, Salt and Pepper or something.
Speaker 4: Like that, and you for new artists.
Speaker 3: He was doing unity Wow.
Speaker 5: Because I like to bring that up because we talk about all the game banging side. But just like just like I said about Miami, like we had a thriving hip hop scene with B Boys, Big.
Speaker 2: I made it turntable lists.
Speaker 5: We got to talk about that too, but l as the illis turntable list, the Ills, B Boys and be with the graffiti scene is crazy. So they had all those elements that that was a big part of the LA scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely we did. We We definitely had a great scene and a lot of the people still have you know, yeah, we still do I wanted to also add on to that is that hip hop for us, we saw the beach streets and the crush grooves and we started doing it. Literally, So a lot of my friends and how I even met most of my friends was because they had bopper clubs. So the teeny boppers, like you know what I'm saying, Like you couldn't be twenty one, you had to be twenty younger one, and they had one in Long Beach whatever. So while while we started you know, like break dancing like they called it housing in LA. So we was dancing and breaking, I was trying to wrap for like far Aside and the Licks and all these people like that's where we were beating at these bopper clubs, you know what I'm saying. And that's how we met so and so from from eighteenth Street and so and so from from East LA. You know what I'm saying, Because he might tag and he might also DJ, and that's how we was getting each other's hood. So it wasn't for the culture, LA would probably be the wild fucking West because that's how we got to know each other. I mean, and honestly, if you can tell the truth, if you go to a lot of hip hop clubs. Fucking I'll tell the truth, Shan the Devil. It be majority of the Mexican they really support hip hop shit. You know what I'm saying. Niggas be on some fucking forty five year old nigga trying to you know, act like he blue face, like nigga, grow the fuck up, you take them pants off, Nigga and titas shirt. But now the culture is really like it's being hip hop. Rap music was so influential in La. It helped us get to know each other because we're spread out, and it stopped people from shooting shit out each other for a long time for real, like because motherfucker's like, oh they'd be break dancing in New York. Maybe we shouldn't, you know, shouldn't shoot for real. That was That's how crazy. And then we influenced y'all in the negative way and nigga.
Speaker 4: Start getting niggering the world. Yeah, we get good weed. Thank you for that great week. We got you all, great week, great week. He's still on the albums, oh yeah. And James j lyricists and Danger lyrics.
Speaker 3: And Jajer lyrics was just more of a let's call the projects. I was just making some ship, uh because band camp you. I was just like kind of coming up with something the uh it was like a series. It would be like an original record and then kind of me picking like mixtape ship because I think I had a volume one, two, and three and I was doing this campaign called save the raz Cast, and I thought that was funny.
Speaker 4: Do you think you get to respect and hip hop you deserve?
Speaker 3: I get I think I've been blessed. I'm super respected by my peers. I want to be respected at the fucking bank, all right, because yours definitely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, my peers respect me.
Speaker 3: I don't don't think the I don't think the greater the greater audience is just fans.
Speaker 4: They only know what they hear.
Speaker 3: A lot, and that's no disrespect to them, you know what I'm saying. They're consumers. I'm a connoisseur, So consumers just know like McDonald's and I always tell people like McDonald's don't make the best burger, but that motherfucker's in the mall, that motherfucker's at the airport down the street.
Speaker 4: So I get it.
Speaker 3: But I'm not the McDonald's a wrap, you know what I'm saying, I'm that mom and Pops store. I mean, I should fight, I should be charging if you know, you know, but no, I want to McDonald's money. So they got to figure out how them to fucking barry each other.
Speaker 4: But do you can you see itself a underground seat?
Speaker 3: No, I think that's the term they put on people that didn't sell records. The only difference between me and jay Z is a million records. The only difference between me and M and M is a million records.
Speaker 4: That's it because.
Speaker 3: No better or no worse, amazing talent market the war as fuck.
Speaker 4: They look at this the for young man, So.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. So, uh, No, underground is just what they call niggas that ain't sold the records. And the funnier part is, I wouldn't be underground if I sold a million dollars. If I made a quote quote unquote made a million dollars and got the quote bag selling use condoms, my own used condoms.
Speaker 4: Motherfuckers would buy my records.
Speaker 3: She's like, oh my god, it's so hot. People are fucking reactive in mommy. So all that underground ship is just what niggas try to It's like this fucked up jacket they try to put on niggas because they didn't sell records. Meanwhile, them same niggas when they didn't sell no records. You know what I mean? Right? They just like when niggas get on and they be like, oh, he's underground, I'm the guy.
Speaker 4: Get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: That's the same shit I hate with rap niggas that as soon as they get on, they start trying to compare theirselfs with with with whoever is popular.
Speaker 4: They're like, well, you know what I'm saying, So who the best?
Speaker 3: You know me? You know me? You weird ass niggas funk out of here. Nigga niggas always do that goofy ship you mean cold? You know about that crazy niggas is.
Speaker 4: Coring ball for that ship.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm just the only difference between me is me and anybody is me is a million. So because all eyes on me, then all eyes on me, I can carry the same weight and I get the same opportunities. My whole ship is say, fuck underground and all that ship skill set. This ship ain't called what bitch you dayton, sh ain't called what other businesses you've got the ship called raps. Rap is the only thing where niggas tell you you too good at it. I've never heard a nigga say, Jordan, don't too much dunking all the time. The fuck is wrong with these niggas. So literally, he drove the car too fast in the the fuck it's the corny as ship. Ever, like, niggas need to stop. I'm talking to you. All your niggas are, talk to them. Stop that ship corny bro, how you over wrapped nigga? That just means I'm better than you.
Speaker 1: I just want to say that, like you do you think you're you're smarter.
Speaker 4: Than the audience, because.
Speaker 3: Already give that away.
Speaker 5: Should the artists be better than the audiences listening to They told me never.
Speaker 3: To think, don't talk down to my audience, so you don't ever have that assumption. Was that these people selling you funk ship and I'm trying to sell you some real ship. And I've always tried to tell my audience that hey, I'm talking to you on some real ship. And then my audience said, you know what, I like this fun ship. That's that ain't my fault, but yeah, of course that that that that can make you disillusion with the with the the business. Again, these people are consumers. They're not connoisseurs, you know what I'm saying. So they know McDonald's. I can't get mad because the kid is like I learned a happy meal.
Speaker 4: They want what the fuck they want.
Speaker 3: They've been trained that way.
Speaker 5: Could you imagine people who like rock saying spring where the where the drummer and the guitarist or all novel is just like the audience the craziest music, bro it was.
Speaker 3: The awful That's why we listen to awful rap. Come on, man, A lot of these people sound like they went in with no metronome and just said some ship and then the nigga just played a beat at whatever. They just like spent the wheel and picked the tempo. Yes, just trash, and everybody's playing political fucking rang there games like it's cool because somebody puts some money behind it. Dumb is we are living and you remember that movie what's that fuck? It's idiocracy?
Speaker 4: Idiocracy.
Speaker 3: It's got a lecture like that, you're idiocracy.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you know about that. That's my favorite movie.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. They didn't put it out because they thought it was too dumb that people wouldn't get it, and then they were right, but they keep that.
Speaker 2: We need to do screenings of that movie today, right.
Speaker 1: Like and think about your president and bro, your phone is going to a smart phone, but your phone is actually making you making you jump, like I remember, like you know, like having to make a call. I just have to remember the number one facts, like you know what I mean, Like like right now, I don't know nobody addresses that lad.
Speaker 3: It made us, It made us less, use the ship less, Like I don't even think I know my own number.
Speaker 2: Talking about himself like you know, just google me.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Now it's even worse.
Speaker 1: People are coming up to you going like this today phones and they could just get your contact like yeah, that ship crazy, but we had that was the time for we had it went to way that this is very this is very hot.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 3: Bro, it's getting crazy. But we got to times just nosy, who's crazy? You got a beer, sir? Yeah we had a beer.
Speaker 2: This this is a this beer soul just prop prophet this point backco Lincoln. You did you did a show up there one time. I think with with the vinchure rest in peace, I want to talk about him at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, you want to do a quick Thomas. Yeah yeah, man, wait wait for the fo.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I want to get the face man and my what you mean this game? Man? Man? This Snoos said is long as long as ye yeah? Yeah, yeah, that's crazy. Let's go. Yeah man, amazing. All right yeah now now what I really want to do is get ye self drunk.
Speaker 4: He's okay, so you know, let's go.
Speaker 2: They don't want to see me drunk?
Speaker 4: Can we get up?
Speaker 3: Slither?
Speaker 4: Let's it go? He might start walking.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: This is our drinking game. You do you know the rules?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kind of do.
Speaker 3: Wait, don't if I want to ignore one, don't I get a pass on one or something?
Speaker 5: No, you don't get no passes. The passes yourself. If we're gonna give you two choices, okay, one we do not drink. But if you say both are neither, then we drinking. Everybody drinks, so you're not just getting me drunk, you get yourself drunk.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, and then we want stories out of this. It's not really absolute tupac or easy rest in peace of both.
Speaker 3: Okay, well wait wait, wait, okay for this one Okay, what what's the criteri criteria? What criteria? It could be anything. It could be someone that was your neighbor. Okay, I'm going with Tupac.
Speaker 4: Then okay, and you met tak Yeah, get out of here.
Speaker 3: You met easy once on the freeway, Okay. No, we was young born. We was on the one ten going south.
Speaker 2: This is the easy story.
Speaker 3: This is the easy story. Obviously with fans. He was in uh the ones that looked like the batmobile, the BMW, and we was in some kind of bucket, these little niggas, and we pulled up on him because he went past, you know whatever. We sped up trying to get next like next one, uh whatever. I probably was in the back seat whatever was like. And then he hit us up like also you know what I'm saying, like he probably hit us up by some gang ship. She smiled. And then Parker, I was acquainted because uh shout the money b I saw.
Speaker 4: I knew the whole digit on the ground.
Speaker 3: So I was always I was acquainted with pop before because of uh thug life, so rated on all of.
Speaker 4: Them was the homies.
Speaker 3: You said, not before dig Underground, not before but before I met shot Doug Life so we was out here. Don't you remember the time when I think, uh, when things was that Atlanta? No, no, no, no, no, wait, there was a time out here. I felt like it was out here. Maybe maybe no, it was Atlanta, I think. Anyway, he was with when he was in Thug Life. I met Pak and then I would meet Pack again a few other times periods, and uh, one time he was in Carson. At this we had a one of little city club and I pulled up. I was I was like, brass cats already. I had like the record deal and you know, a good car and ship and it was a Bentley Parks and I was going into this little club that was you know, by There ain't no clubs in Carson. So I fucking like pull up and Sugar and Pocket is getting in the Bentley and I'm like, what are y'all? And then I remember, you know, and I'm getting out and then Park was like what's her brass?
Speaker 4: And Sugar was like what a brass?
Speaker 3: And I was like, Hi, Park, what are you doing here? You know what I'm saying, like, why are you in by the city?
Speaker 2: Like you didn't even know that he was with death already?
Speaker 4: No, I just didn't know.
Speaker 3: Carson ain't known for having fucking popping clubs. Bro, It's not like Vegas. It's like it's nice, it's a middle class or whatever. But we don't have no popping clubs. We people go to Hollywood or downtown or something. So that. Yeah, A couple of times, a couple of times I talked to pak Uh. You know, by no means was he like my bestie or nothing like that, But no, he was always cool with me. He always showed me a lot of up to shoot too, Always show me a.
Speaker 4: Long okay, nas or l L.
Speaker 3: What kind of questions these up over there? Look?
Speaker 2: Does your boy has.
Speaker 3: Your boy has he did this? I can't. I can't answer that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So drink your shot. You got a shout there, buddy, Yeah, stick with the one.
Speaker 2: I heard it, all right, Dre or battle Cat.
Speaker 4: That's too. I think.
Speaker 5: You're gonna I gotta.
Speaker 3: Go with battle Cat because he discovered me and he didn't have to listen to it our shitty cassette. So that's the reason why we had a little demo tape and he actually took the time to listen. So I'm always gratefully changing the dejectory of my life. There was another son I didn't answer though. Oh it was the Easy in the Tub podcast. I did answer it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we find out you already drunk. No Wojie rapper cares One.
Speaker 4: I notice it's hard for you.
Speaker 3: Come on, dude needs a shot. You can use this cup. This one also to give him to kars One and Coochie Wrap. Is that what you're asking? Yeah, I'm biased. Kars One's my favorite rapper and I'm going on this tour. He just told me. I'm going to euro tour. The My Philosophy to European Tour start next month.
Speaker 4: So the alcoholics or Cypreshill.
Speaker 3: Why are you coming with this? They're like this part of your finger or this part of your finger. I don't know. I love I love them. For everybody you mentioned, I love and respect Cypress Hill or the Licks. I'm gonna give it to Cypress Hill. I'm gonna tell you why b be Real and what they were going through. Uh in that era.
Speaker 2: For for being Latino, hell no, be real.
Speaker 4: From a gang and it ain't.
Speaker 3: You know. So, but I'm saying him having to even find his voice, you know what I'm saying. So that creative didn't let alone the Latino part of it. But see what I have to explain, let me, let me keep the keep your thoughts. Let's just stop and realize that in l A there's a politics called black, white, Mexican other. There's no Cuban, there's no Puerto Rican. You are either Mexican or you are.
Speaker 4: Right, so.
Speaker 3: We we operate. You got like the rest of the country operates on these other premises that don't exist in l A. No matter what you are, because he either or there is no option. So Puerto Rican, you're going have to decide right along those lines. You're going to be a Mexican or you're gonna be an other, which means you with the niggas. So having people like be and them having having a step up and try to be honest with themselves, like, hey, I'm a Latino and you know what I'm saying, and I speak Spanish or whatever. That's dope in the in in how they were able to survive it, and hopefully that gave some inspiration and it brings all all of us together, you know what I'm saying. But nobody ever wants to tell the truth. And that's why there's so many misconceptions to go to jail and you will find out. I've had to watch well there's there's underneath that, there's bite side and all this other stuff in prison. But yeah, those are the general rules. Nobody cares if you're Filipino or whatever you are. Other and you with them niggas, You with you, you with them niggas. Now hopefully with what's horribly going to what in our country that all even our man conn of when they're staying like we all niggas, bro, they don't like that, so I don't we get there?
Speaker 1: And I just thought about it the other day. They really had a hit record card.
Speaker 9: I could just hear the man, you know, I was. I was thinking about that away with that drink chan sports.
Speaker 2: He put me onto it in in high school, and I was like, no fucking way to have a record.
Speaker 3: You didn't know that, no brand new fresh, you know, I'm like, no way they called it that record. I heard their demo because I was I had a deal that I fucked off, uh or, I had a deal opportunity, a couple of deal opportunities early on. And then I remember, you know back then you get the tape. So I got like grand Man's you know what I'm saying, album like cassettes, like industry ship Niggas is already. You know, they're working on albums, they're sending people ship out. I remember I heard some of them records before be found his voice.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, man, like the devil wing of those records.
Speaker 3: Well, they had to deal, but I guess apparently, and I hope I'm not miss speaking on b but they just was like his tone. So then he went Naso and found his tone and it's so infectious that you know what I'm saying. But that was part of the thing. Was like the beats are crazy. His rhymes was crazy but delivery.
Speaker 2: And then he like and the contrast with said being like that deep voices crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they killed it. Yeah, Shout out to Muggs with the beats.
Speaker 4: Like those beats cub I sent cub both Cuban, Cuban.
Speaker 2: Cuban Mexican, and I believe Muggs is Italian.
Speaker 3: I believe I believe.
Speaker 2: So Yeah, shout out to Hyeah Exhibit or Cannabis.
Speaker 3: Exhibit. You didn't that wasn't a comic game.
Speaker 2: Quick or Alchemists, this guy, this.
Speaker 3: Guy here, I'm gonna do the shot. They're both amazing. Man, it's a little You're welcome to have some Mama want if you want. This is not Jamison. This is like murderers, Is it Jamison? She's giving you jamieson bro It tastes like you can give him small shots. Thank you for trying to kill me.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've never seen nobody mixed whiskey with monster.
Speaker 2: That makes you a monster and monster. Yeah, any any stories were quick?
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's see we know you're outims story which we can maybe talk about later.
Speaker 3: No, it's good, We're fine. All right, here's a good one. So I don't have a record deal yet. Maybe I got a record. I got a record deal. Maybe I have a record deal. Maybe this is ninety five, but I ain't got it, ain't out yet. But my homeboy, Flip, his name is Michael Barber So Flip is from Inglewood. He and producer. He ends up helping me salvage and save sol on Nce. But one day we go to the studio and well we go to quicks a quick session again. Well it we call it out of bounds, Like you don't want to be out of bounds. I don't want to go to the South Sider party and be the only blackie because they're going to kill me. And you don't want to go to the blood party and you the crypt. But even still, even if you not, you just don't want to. Sometimes we like people have tails, So you might say, look as opposed to like my relative. You know what I'm saying, Because if you go up in the Crip neighborhood, you probably say my cousin.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: If you go up a blod neighborhood, you would say my relative. And so we have tales to tell where somebody from, and you don't want to stick out. So I remember we go to the studio and it says all Quick, I'm a fan. I'm tripping out, but I'm like against the wall, young boy looking around. I'm watching he's doing a vertical joy ride. Uh for what's his name?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: If? I watched him cook from the beginning? Did it?
Speaker 4: Then he did a song for Boss?
Speaker 3: Uh done? I'm watching him cook these true records. Ye, So that same session I watched Quick do two records and I just remember I basically shut the fuck up because I didn't want to say anything that would alert them that I grew up in the Kirk neighborhood, so super quiet. I watched it, but I told him that before, like you know, he's super lovely, like anytime, like if I show up, he throws me MIC's like, ras he get to it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, man, like that Quick is amazing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I watched him cook like I like, because he can play everything. He's like one of the Quincy Jones dudes. He got great vision. He uh, he's just he's ill. He just he threw me a record recently. H and so I want to finish that record. That's one of my bucket list ships is a knockout of song with Quick.
Speaker 1: He told us that Michael Michael Jackson was crip.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he was serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he was like Michael Jackson was doing things that it wasn't that wasn't.
Speaker 2: Picture that yehs photoshot.
Speaker 3: I mean, but Quick, look, stranger things have happened, man. I'm just trying to tell you. You never know, man, I'm I'm not telling I don't want to be telling people's business. But there's some people that super r and B that be Oh no, you got to remember it's just like this culture is what fifty some years old, fifty fifty one, it's game thing and is about might be the same or older older, Right, it's older. It's like mid sixties, nineteen sixties. So it's some people. It's great grandma gang banger. Yep, yeah, it's crazy. Ready to Die or Illmatic. I cannot disrespect neither one of them. Two albums. I think they're just incredible me too. Take yourself, Lottle. I meant complaint about Ready to Die. I had the demo tape you said die, not the demo, but before it came out, because right, telling industry people right when they were the executive the execut Was it white label? Yeah? White okay, okay, so yeah, the an last whatever. Yeah, And I ended up buying it anyway, But when I bought it, unbelievable. Wasn't on there? Tell me you still got that demo? No, I lost all that shit. I should have kept that ship. I mean, could life be life? And bro? I lost so much ship that's invaluable. But yeah, no, that was my only complaint Bond the album. I bought the white label on one hundred twenty fifties.
Speaker 4: I lost all that ship.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that was I just thought that record was incredible. The song hit list on this album is old like honor Biggie. That's why I made that Liberty's face. It's it's taking the R and B sample and creating an ill record off of it. Yeah, New York or Miami, We're not getting killed Miami next, Miami life. Yeah, gave me love out here? No New York did too? Come on that? Want to go back and say both.
Speaker 8: Taking a fucket okay Outcast or U g K both legendary.
Speaker 3: Uh and I'm such a big fan and have great expearances, but indebibly kind of my peers. This Outcast rest in Peerso Rico and I just really yeah, I'm i'm a it's so hard lean towards outcasts.
Speaker 2: Did you work with the Dungeon family.
Speaker 3: I did. I did a record I did for the fiftieth of Hip Hop. I rhymed over Outcast record and talked to Rico and everybody, like like maybe two or three months before he passed away, me and him, Curtis from Patchworks and uh yeah, man, like I and I was in the studio when it was working on a Quinn at Aliens. I think I was. I was at Dark that was Austin. Yeah yeah, yeah bro, we all come across each other. So yeah, I was in the studio shooting pool. I was supposed to They actually asked me to be on that record. I wasn't in Atlanta enough and uh, stupid me. I would have loved to have been on that record. And I'm shured have happened to you them times where you didn't take advantage of the opportunity, you know what I'm saying, Somebody showing love like Pun did that to me and would be like, yo, come you know what I'm saying, like come to the studio.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, bro, he didn't take advantage of it.
Speaker 3: La. First of all, was LA don't know how to say thank you, l A. Niggas still don't know how to say LA. Niggas don't even know how to tell you they like your music. Nigga be like not like I'm on your dig or none. You know what I'm saying. You know, like niggas preface everything fucked up, like because we don't know how to.
Speaker 4: Period alpha.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying like l A got it real, like we don't know how So when Pun Pun did it more than once, and I just remember, like.
Speaker 4: I was just like, put your pun and I buy your record.
Speaker 3: So I don't understand why you're being nice to me because I'm a fan, and I don't know how to accept you being this cool. You know what I'm saying. I remember, Norri, I remember what it was your party?
Speaker 4: Okay, oh, at the fun when you.
Speaker 3: Met, but no, no, I'm talking about the time that you was like, okay, it was your party blocked off in New York. You said some hilarious ship, the Mirage, thege it was downtown or the woman. I think I think it was downtown, But I just remember I was outside and they had to you know how. They always had the little like the police had the little blue little blockers ships. Nobody else could get in. You know what I'm saying. If you didn't already get in, you know what I'm saying, get the fuck out of here. And then Nooy he pulls up. You said something about somebody else and he was like, rosconsin you coming. I was like.
Speaker 2: Friends one rock.
Speaker 3: Rock, Like, you're coming in? This is like uh this is what? What? What this is?
Speaker 4: That ninety eighth Yeah that's ninety yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yea, yea yeah, and he got he got me into his own party. I'm outside, nigga. It was like a couple of rap niggas. I'm like, well stupid, I'm like, I want to go in there. That he was dy got me into this party?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: And it was lit Boys in the Hood or menaces Acid? Yeah? Who what? Man?
Speaker 1: It's just because supart question why which one is closer.
Speaker 3: To the l a world life? I just like minutes because niggas was okay and shipped up like this is the hood was was was was a more positive story to me in the sense.
Speaker 2: Of it wasn't realistic, more grounded.
Speaker 3: At least they're both they both happened.
Speaker 4: I just like, I like, real story. Are you saying when it both happened?
Speaker 3: They both do happen. Okay, those things happen. There's an enemy and don't do there's an old dog, there's the smoker. You know what I'm saying, the uh boys in the Hood. I do like it because there's a strong father figure, so it's not always somebody sucking up because they don't have a dad. The same age as summer. It's okay, you remember that you're doing don't be a minus. You remember that. That's why they made that joke, you know, off off subject, don't be a minace when they walked in the liquor store with yeah, don't be a minute when they walked in the liquor store and she said, Big is the best part of.
Speaker 4: The way, his brothers are the best.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's a whole different thing. So you picked menace, I'm gonna pick minutes just because it was about sliding, like and then Sofia was in it. True, he was there and cousin cousin Harold. I didn't know him. Then I remember, and I've got floud memories in Westwood, you know, So I look at the night that movie came out.
Speaker 4: It was a weekend, like a Friday.
Speaker 3: Stupid kids ship. We went to the It's like thousands of kids trying. They were sold out. The kids bum rushed all the theaters and just started finances and we forced Westwood to just play.
Speaker 4: All the theaters was playing. Yes, we did that.
Speaker 3: I can't get us all nigga about thousands of little black, brown, yellow, white, green kids.
Speaker 4: We did it.
Speaker 3: And then I do remember, uh theeveriest part, And I was like, that was gangsty between him and a Ryan gangster ship that she was like even the twitch. I remember the twitch. I was like, ah ship and then I would go on to meet broing and being my brother.
Speaker 2: That's why you didn't know.
Speaker 1: That's crazy killer Priso corrupt. Mm hmmm, are were drinking?
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't don't. Then other shenanigain me said Shenan again and then again and again, be against the world. It was dark and hell is hot. So Parker x I, let's see mingus world? Can I google? Can I get a lifelike? Sometimes exactly means the world's got a temptations? Right, yeah, fun that it's gotta it's gotta be.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 3: But that record fucked me. Some records per album that sucked me up. So me against the World had Hey, yeah right, I just just from recently doing man, he's I will well, I will call him.
Speaker 4: And get that done immediately today. Yeah. Absolutely, havoc orris.
Speaker 3: Hazardous. We don't have some, So you're setting me up for failure here, Well, you're gonna look, he's got an excuse. I'm drinking.
Speaker 2: I'm taking baby shows.
Speaker 3: I know this game.
Speaker 2: I'm drinking a drink.
Speaker 3: It is a game. Now you do a me.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a game. Okay, So.
Speaker 3: I love you all right?
Speaker 4: So I answered it by drinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you said both.
Speaker 3: Come on mans and have bro uh sol on ice or assassination. That's a tongue twister, bro assassination. No assassination, but are so on ice? It's the be gets you know what I'm saying. It's the beginning of and everything else is just it's a classic. Man.
Speaker 2: I consider that a classic.
Speaker 3: Thank you, brother, I appreciate it. So you picked both? No?
Speaker 4: No, I picked h sol on ice Okay, okay mm hmm ice Cuban scarface.
Speaker 3: That's a fund up thing now, somebody, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Truly And I heard you switch.
Speaker 1: I heard you say that before you pick it that you think ice Cube was officially the first Liverpool absolute West Coast.
Speaker 3: No, he's the first lyricist, so the West America's most I know you live in both worlds. Like I've been to La New York. What would you put though?
Speaker 2: Because I'm not even thinking about the timeline, So.
Speaker 4: Think about America's most.
Speaker 2: King T too, though I feel like King T was Maybe I'm being unfair.
Speaker 3: I never even thought about that. And King T is legendary and one of my favorite rappers. I think I think I used to. So there's there's different components to this. Some people are dope rappers. I think Biz Markey was dope. You know what I'm saying. I think, uh, you know, I think some people are stylistic. I'm trying to think of somebody that just had amazing and peccable styles. Yeah that was easy, that was long hanging truth. But some people are lyricists. Rock Cam to God is a lyricist.
Speaker 2: Wordsmiths.
Speaker 3: You know, you can type it out and read it. It'll fuck your head up. And that's the difference. See some of you know, most people are programmed because it's music that you're going by what you hear, and then now it's so fucked up you're going by what you see as opposed to what you hear. It's music, not my video, now, what I look like, not who I'm down with. It's just music at its purest distilled form. What is this motherfucker saying? I don't care who made the beat. That's why now it's could wrap on fucking dog farts. I know he gonna say some shit, you understand, So for.
Speaker 2: Me that I don't want him rapping on dog.
Speaker 3: You know that people people would buy it if you get popular, though, put the coolest guy and let it be and they swear to god it was like and then't say you know so and so produced it.
Speaker 4: People are There's just.
Speaker 3: They respond to the worst in human stimuli, which is who did it isn't important. It's groupy mentality. I just for me. My love of the craft is about the craft, not who did it? Who he fucking? Where his bank account is? Where's these bars at? It's the only pure sport for me, Like I don't care, And the only other sport like this is mm a boxer, one man walk in, one man walk out, who spit period? Everything else is always like who helped me? Like like niggas be lying about the bar game. People lie about like if you got to lie about not writing your wrap, We're playing a different sport, which is kind of where we're at with this. It became more of a show about look at me, as opposed to like listen to what I have to say. I want to hear about nor when he's a nigga gonna run in component or seeing in bar report, I want to hear what that shit steal to me, and I think if we back to the craft of it, we're gonna get in a better space.
Speaker 5: You're talking about Cub, but it made me think that looking back at Cube when he left in w A, it was pure genius to do jacking for beats because it showcased his vocals, his lyricism on these tracks that were.
Speaker 4: Out the East coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and it showcased him in a way that you're like, yo, you couldn't deny him on any coast, right, well, every so did you pick like I didn't?
Speaker 3: Cube? I didn't.
Speaker 4: I was that was different?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you did it? I didn't.
Speaker 2: And when I told you, you thought about it even more.
Speaker 4: Right, No, you know what, I'm gonna go with c because.
Speaker 3: I mean King T has but Tila you yeah, you do, but Tila king Te King T.
Speaker 2: Because King T is snecessor he's alcoholics that I feel that leaders even goes to Kendrick. In my opinion, King T is King.
Speaker 3: T, so I can't take his stripes, but it's it's King T didn't come out before c Yeah, yeah, absolutely, acting fool all facts, Yeah yeah, facts and facts, but took it to the world. I feel like King t Is. First of all, that's big bro legendary. I think my in my when I'm coming out in my era, my first lyricists to me America A nigga you love to hate ice Cube the n w A ship I was hearing and think about it. Back then in w A always had a posse song at the end with no hook, which was a spinner record. It's all the records, y'all would have you know what I'm saying. Like on proNT Like, it was always a posse cup where you burned down. No, look, niggas get it, get it off.
Speaker 4: So I mean drink chans. Fans know that I'm a cute fans. Yeah, so you picking though, No, I've been trying to.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 4: I was trying to see how drunk you were.
Speaker 2: So you I'm listening. Face. You can't take nothing away from Scarfau.
Speaker 3: That's one of the places to get He's the illness. I've never seen the man cry till I've seen the man die. I'm not taking the strikes. I'll do it. Yeah, I'll do that.
Speaker 2: So they would do it too. They would take a shot for each other.
Speaker 4: I'll give you a funny scarface story.
Speaker 1: Like this is like my first solo, like like going out as a solo and you know, uh I believe uh dog just had hit number one.
Speaker 4: So I was a little gassed.
Speaker 1: I was a little gas, right, So the promoter was like, hey, man, I want you to close. I knew I should have said I knew I should have said no when I was gassed.
Speaker 4: So I went out. Boy, when I tell you, where are you at this Vegas?
Speaker 3: You can't. You could have wear no. It was not a good look for me, man like, because to go on, I never see the yo. I was like, yo, I wanted to give the money back. I don't want to go after this. I got a good story. This goes back to Biggie. Okay, I only met Biggie once. Okay, I forgot where we were at.
Speaker 4: I feel like it was.
Speaker 3: I think when you said Vegas, but I know it wasn't Vegas. It might've been San Diego for some reason. It was something big in Dango and at the time, it's flavoring your ear.
Speaker 4: Biggie just came out remix remix, remix.
Speaker 3: But I think Biggie's album is out now. He's dropped at least singles in came, I get booked, and uh I am apparently possibly uh whatever, there's somebody some I'm like one person, it's me, then somebody in Big. The niggas just probably drop Juicy. I think it's like album may not be out. It's just like Juicy dropped and I gotta go on.
Speaker 1: Then somebody and you know who Big is at the time, absolutely okay, Yeah, he's all over the even on the mixing before he dropped, it was right right right.
Speaker 3: I'm like, but he already got to play yeah ship the Juicy ship already popping in l A on.
Speaker 4: The wesdayay to people.
Speaker 3: Didn't hear unbelievable all year? No? Hell no, they didn't play it in LA. Really, I brought it was huge. That's why I was saying. I was upset because I heard that on the mixtape, just like Raise Hell from m O P. They never played that in l A. I bought MP's album for Raised Hell. Remember them niggas with the biggest but long show. Be sure I'm getting on. I'm like a great you know what I'm saying, get on my spot, give you a little money. I remember the like he got double book, so Big, I'm gone now I'm like, yeah, he should going after me though, I mean, I mean like he should go after me because I should go on before him. He gets to call an audible. He got double book, which is always a win when you in town and somebody throw you another bag. He was like, yeah, I'm gonna go on, and I remember this nigga just destroys it because I mean he's got hits. He's already got you know what I'm saying, He's already got previous hits, right, Uh, he can do the flavor remix again. And then he crushed it. And I remember I was walking out and they said, have a good show. I'm like, bro, in my brain, I'm like thanks. I was like, man, fuck you, bro, I do not want to go on after this.
Speaker 4: This is all, but you got to do it. I mean, he come to the other end.
Speaker 3: But I love that because part part of this ship is it's not really a chilling circuit. It's just like earning your stripes. And I never wanted to be the headliner. The only thing I ever wanted, honestly, Nori, I wanted to be the friend next to the most popular people person you knew. I never wanted to be the dude because the targets on you. I always wanted to be the homie next to that way, I can't get mine if the homie get eight hundred thousand and I can get three hundred thousand, why am I complaining that's all I want? If I ain't do that on a tour, I'm good most niggas get, but my strategy was great.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the execution part was not right.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to be that nigga, even though I feel like I borrowed most of these niggas. I never wanted to be the most important because that's ego shit. I know I'm great at what I do. I know i'm a great part. I just want my bag, bro, without the fuckery. And I know everybody be looking at the main niggas. I never wanted to be the band guy. Good.
Speaker 4: I'm still If you answered I did.
Speaker 3: Few no no no, I said, oh yeah, no he did it? I did? Did I threw you off? I did the shot I did. Remember if I tricked him w or n w A trying to trick this again? Buddy, I told you, I told you I wanted all the smoke with you. I was trying to break the system. This is my this is my fun time. I'm missing too. Let's see, that's unfair to me. So yeah, I'm not gonna do it. Are you ready?
Speaker 4: I think, don't sinan against me.
Speaker 2: I'm drinking though I'm drinking. Gang Star Eric being rock Him, I would say, rest the piece.
Speaker 4: Of gurule Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm gonna go a gangs star with all due respect?
Speaker 5: Was that because you had more of a connection, Yeah, because I see you more like Rock Him being more of an influence than you know, because of course.
Speaker 4: The god is the god.
Speaker 3: But like I said, when I was a kid, like, I lost a record deal, so I was gonna get signed. I'll be Tommy Boy, all that tretching him. I knew everybody a Tommy Boy because of Coolie on him. I came out of Juvenile Hall. Wow, and I had a demo before I went to Juvenile Hall. My record deal went to far side. I've been really good at what I do for a long time. I just was trying to find myself. I said, your record went to the side.
Speaker 4: My record deal went to the far side.
Speaker 2: That would have been your record deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh wow. Paul Stewart now Rosenberg. Paul Stewart managed me. I brought far Side to store. It's my I'm in this situation so for me. But when you're young, you feel like you'll get a million options and a million opportunities. So I just, uh, I didn't realize how valuable time is because you're young, Like, I don't care whatever. At least I wasn't hateful or hurtful. I help my friends, So I helped far Aside, and I help so and so meanwhile I'm still trying to find myself. I go, fuck off, I go, you know, put myself in juvenile hall and all this other shit. So, uh, yeah, what the fuck were you doing that? He was getting jew and all this shit. You're stupid. I mean, well, I'm not you when you're I'm in LA. My friends are gang members. My friends do all kind of shit. If they say slapping with the with the hammer, I'm slapping them with that.
Speaker 2: You were a gang banger without being a gang member.
Speaker 3: What the fuck? Yeah? Sometimes, and then the other thing is if you get caught, then you get caught, right. And then the only person I would tell was my mother, So I would tell her like, hey, this is what happened. That's side from that. You take it to the box.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know so even to this day, that was the rules, like if you do some function.
Speaker 4: With your friends. I remember my mom said, your friends.
Speaker 3: Always get you in trouble. I was like, Mom, get it fucked up. It's my did sometimes like I'm not gonna lie to you, like of course I'm gonna tell the police that I'm innocent. And then they asked me who it was and I'd be like, I don't know anybody, so I'm always at fault. You got to take the par for the course if you want to be out here and try to figure out everything that we have to learn. Sometimes we're harder headed. Friends try to tell you things, parents try to tell you things. I've learned more most things. I've realized that I have to learn how to be me. Nobody else can teach me how to be me. I have to go out here and go experience it. At least now I can speak on it and get that are at myself. Yeah, sorry about that. Mature words mantle Yeah.
Speaker 4: Mob deep or e pm D.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not that hard. But toalude to e P M D Mob deep fan. Come on, man, they was drinking the Hennessy cups. I was a little nigga the same age. I'm thinking a lot of ways. If it wasn't the E P M D would be a mob D. I totally respected Long Island, the Queens. I'm a big I'm a big fan. But for me, that like I remember, I remember you and ol hell I bought that album. I was a kid. I bought that. Yeah, like that was that was the homies bro like, which is crazy as uh even you know me and p ended up. We ended up blocking in a little bit more. Initially, when Pete got out of prison, I got another good story for you. Okay, he gets out of prison. He's in Hollywood and he's like, yo, come here. I'm like what yo, come here. I'm like, okay, next like big party, it's your party. Like it gets far and goes back. He pulls out when I'm about to pull out, but he got tossed, okay. He like so when he went to prison, he started smoking tops. That's tobacco, right, tobacco? What is that organic? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah it's British.
Speaker 3: I'm britsh is whatshri y? Okay yeah, I want to be a cowboy, could be a cowboy. But yeah, that it was super funny. So I remember he was like, yo, done when you was you know what I'm saying. Ever since I met you, I always was trying to figure out what the fuck is wrong with you? Because you be browing these little packs. I was like ships fire. So we actually ate the like at the end, like the last like five years, like Pete was smoking smoking tops because in New York, y'all smoked tops.
Speaker 4: We smoked beautiful. Okay, yeah, so that was that. That was is that supposed to be healthier.
Speaker 3: It's all funked up, but okay, it's better than like a bogie, like yeah, think about the piperglass in it.
Speaker 4: Yes, the tobacco is healthier.
Speaker 3: It's a better tobacco. They have different brands like but when you go to you you tore the same difference like that. But I don't like the filters on them because it's fiberglass. So I'd rather just get tobacco. I used to smoke beadies. Yes, amazing, it was, but you got a head as soon as he said that.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: That they.
Speaker 2: Is healthy, right, Tobacco is healthy? Well, this is what you know, the internet is crazy. Everything is backwards, forward and top. But now they're saying, if you think about it, and the Native Americans used to smoke tobacco, and and now they're saying, the only reason tobacco got got dangerous for our they put the filters with all the ship in the nicotine and all the crap like that.
Speaker 3: It's fact. So well it's not facts. I can't actually do it, but think about it. Every time government wants to regulate they add ship. Think about it. Coaina, No, it's not a bad thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, cocaine was originally was a medicine before it.
Speaker 3: Was what what times I was being killing America synthetic when they do it, when they do it, they make the fuck the version. They outlawed the natural to create an unnatural to tax.
Speaker 2: Sho like like you know how we talk about they are playing stage stuff and we're wondering if stage does anything they said Supposedly scientists found out that sage that smoke actually clears out certain bacteria.
Speaker 3: People have been on this fucking why. I don't trust the government. I trust people's cultures.
Speaker 5: Old cultures way older and more ancient than our modern day pharmaceuticals.
Speaker 3: They were called from DA Drugs.
Speaker 4: They're the drug dealer, all right.
Speaker 2: But we didn't say it. Please relax, buddies.
Speaker 3: So that's the last.
Speaker 1: We go back to an interview. Absolutely, Uh, loyalty or respect.
Speaker 3: Loving? Right, I'm unlathy. Tell me why respect has gotten me where it's gotten me, but loalty would have gotten me more. I think when people are loyal to a cause, you can accomplish more. People respect because they have to. Lowty is given good yea, And I'm gonna take a piss.
Speaker 1: That's all right, So let's get into the new album. Yes, sir, let's let's get into the track list.
Speaker 3: What's the track?
Speaker 4: Let's at you want to look at the track?
Speaker 3: It's hard to read that ship. To read that ship, it's not a vinyl. That's just funked up. Okay, who asked me? Just ask me a question.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, how did how did this come about?
Speaker 3: You? You were not trying to get people to read this, bro? Let me see let me see if it's not gonna ask me about the back cover. Okay, this is this is the No, that's the okay, asked me about the back Oh my god, don't you know that picture.
Speaker 4: No, you know that picture. Let me see letie you.
Speaker 3: Know I just tried to do let me young people will do a big cutout so you can see it. You know this picture? You know this picture. It is a fucking iconic picture. I just fucked it up on some brazil this ship purposely for fun. Do I have to tell you what the picture is?
Speaker 2: You do?
Speaker 3: You do? And Vibe magazine there was a very and then it went viral. Back in the day when Kanye was walking in Paris before the song Niggas in Paris and he's walking with these people. Now what here's the rub here is I knew the dude on the left. We grew up together. So it's a whole bunch of kids with the same kind of names. There was a tags, there was a rash, there was a task. There was a tash, but that's task Tisa, tas Arnold will signing Kanye whatever. And then one of these people happens to be and this picture. So it's very iconic picture. They were in Paris with some real fancy schmancy and I remember I was just coming out of jail and I was like wow, And so I thought the picture was super iconic. The bar is also if you pay attention, they was on some super high fashion, high money ship the brand. If you pay attention to the brand that they're wearing. No, poor people could recognize the brand that they were wearing. So I realized, niggas be ahead of the curb. Sometimes you're behind the curve. So what I did was because I knew the dude on the left and he was my I grew up with this particular person on the picture. No, I changed the face. I put Jaguar right, which is it's hilarious. So it's hilarious celebrities face. And I keep doing shit, i'd said, I griselded, Yes, I am. I don't add for permission.
Speaker 2: I asked forgive.
Speaker 3: Taking taks Arnold's face and it's hilarious, so inside joke, I'm gonna ask. It's so funny to me, so waiting for tasks to get mad at me. I said I would ask for permission. I know, I said, I asked for forgiveness. I don't ask for permission. So I took the iconic picture and I made it work for my construct because he because task was wearing those pants and what we grew up. So those pants, that's real in the picture. That's his pants. Jesus Christmas, and no judgment here, sir. People could be who they want to be and they can express themselves. Anyway. I did that, and then I just showed it to a few of our friends that we have mutual friends. I was like, are you going to show it to the task? I was like, never in life, I'm going to do it because it was already in every magazine. It's fucking to the world. I'm just change his face and everybody else will just blur out their fucking faces because it's Leberty's face. He had the fucking leopard pants. Fucking run the play. So I ran the play. So I think the back cover it's hilarious. I think it's totally funny. That's my personality type. And yeah, that's the shirt I'm wearing. So again, it looks better on the shirt for some. I mean it's smaller, you know what I mean, There's only so much you can fit on a two inch. Yeah, and this is what the vinyl looks like and all kind of cool ships. But yeah, so yeah, Leberty's face. It was fun to do it. Kanye, if I piss off Kanye, so be it. I got the track list, by the way, Oh you got it?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So what what questions?
Speaker 4: Okay I wanted that. Now there's a different question.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna go on into the album every question.
Speaker 3: If you do it? I heard I told you I'm here. I'm just here to get him. Okay, let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: I heard you say so where that Steve Riffkin wanted to sign you to loud Bar So I didn't know, but my, uh what what life would have been like if you was out man, I don't want.
Speaker 4: To cook it shulda Would I be rich?
Speaker 3: I would have been?
Speaker 4: Well that was that was the label.
Speaker 3: He only told me.
Speaker 2: That was that when he was looking at exhibit after exhibit.
Speaker 3: How was that? This is?
Speaker 4: This is what he told me.
Speaker 3: Uh we were this is I want to say, like during the end of COVID and what was that ship where everybody was talking on and just talking clubhouse clubhouse which I lasted all of one day. We run a clubhouse thing. And he said, you're the only person I ever tried to sign that didn't sign me. And I said, you never tried to sign me. And then he said that's not true. I made you an offer. And then I said when and I had I know who tried to that. I knew try to sign the deal. Well, I knew who tried to sign me. Chris Lightning brought me to New York for Death Jam. I was able to walk around. And you know any rappers dream in nineteen ninety mid five Death Jam, I had, I had, I think now was hotter than Death Jam in ninety five, me saying, just hear me out, Okay, I didn't know was it an come on to ninety seven. What what I'm saying is it's not on the table for me. I know who Priorty Records has given me an option. Death Jam gives me an option death American, which is Rick Rubin. Rick Rubin used to pick me up in Carson Wow and a Rose Royce left jas. He created the American, but it was death American. Then he became American.
Speaker 4: He used to pick shoes. When he picked you up in a.
Speaker 3: Bentley, he looked like Santa Claus and he probably looked it probably looked really crazy, this little black kid getting in the tribut Christ. It probably look great, right, But he would give me. He would he would pick me up. I don't want to get off track, I'll land this plane. But he would pick me, pick me up and give me demos of unberleased Beastie Boys in ll cool J record Wow Wow.
Speaker 4: Invested in me, believed.
Speaker 3: In me, which is why I did the song with Chino Excel recipes because I didn't sign to him and it was one other option. So I had four like a bidding more. You know what that is. You know what that is. So I had a bitting more. I never heard loud because I would have just picked out. So when Rifkins said that to me, I was like, you know what I'm saying, Like whatever, it's only like four or five years ago. It's like, you're the only artist that never signed me that I made an offer for. I said, well, lies you tell. I'm like, bro, you ain't never gave me no offer. He's like, no, I gave an offer and d D da da da. I was like, bro, I never heard that. I would have took less money and signed to you. You know what I'm saying. And I know who didn't tell me because they wanted the money. The production company, the production we're going to get somewhere else. We got more money, but the production company that didn't produce shit wanted money. They're gonna hold you out. That's what the artist is. Ultimately, you didn't produce nothing. You just wanted what you wanted and fucked over mind. Yeah, if I would have had that object, what could have been? To be honest, it was before exhibit, that's what he told me for exhibit. But after the lis Yeah, of course the licks were the like through King t then the licks, and then I was you know, I had had an opportunity. I came back out that was doing well and then he and obviously what could have been? But yeah, my mama was my daddy.
Speaker 5: I mean, because imagine the alcoholics, you and Exhibit all together on loud on.
Speaker 3: That well, just think about Rizza is the first person that clears my first white label because we wanted to sell.
Speaker 4: It, right, Uh, was your first white label?
Speaker 3: My first white label ever put out. I sampled method man, you don't know me, you don't know my style. It's called remain Anonymous that I produced it, and then the B side was a song called Won't Catch Me Running. But then it was doing well and it was like we should try to sell it, so we had to clear the sample. Is a clear the sample. We're the first people that ever sampled boutang that cleared it. Because Rizza was like, I fucked with Rass and I credit kill a priest, kill a priest. We're kind of in that same bracket of you know, the year we come out or we're starting to pop priests, put Rizza on the RASS cast, and then Rizza always fucked with me to this day, Like you know what I'm saying, Like, I'm very blessed because I had people interceding and saying like brow a good nigga or bros talented and he ain't a fuck boy or whatever. So yeah, but if I would have signed it loud, yeah what could have been?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Too late now unless you unless you know how to do DC universe. Yeah, that guy has loud that guys like fucking rich and awful person. Do you get mad him? We're gonna make it.
Speaker 4: That was a good question. No, No, here here's the truth.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna say this as politically correct as possible. I've never had a problem with Jada. I'm a fan. I saw Jada and them. I remember when the clips was doing. This was in Puerto Rico. What happened to that boy? That was the first time I had seen Jada in like years, I remember, and I was like, nah, I don't have an issue. And now, to make a very convoluted story simple, me and Al we've had our conversation and ship I have a party called five Mics that for the culture, trying to do the unity thing and bringing you know, LA hip hop culture back together, black, brown, yellow, white, green, male female whatever. So now I saw him at I saw him in nash It was the mob deeper part. Yeah, in La and so Al came up and actually I did the fun thing. He's like photographs because it wasn't a lot of us upstairs. And then I was just like, what up, nigga?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. I even call him the nigga. I was like, what up niggas?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. He's like, man, I want to do the find mics. I was like, yeah, let's do it, and he's like, let's cook. I was like, yeah, let's do it. So we let's talk it to a misunderstanding. Al was super talented. I can't take from somebody but God gave you know what I'm saying, or they're hard work, same thing. I'm ready to move forward, and I think the record, I'm not stand on this.
Speaker 4: My record.
Speaker 3: Is not a two track, it's the files. My verses are dope, We're gonna make it. It's icond of it was there already, No no, no no, because there's mine is Home Sweet Home right Well, I did it with Starringbuck Wilde and performed it. It's on Case Slave mixtape. But I don't want to get into those weeds because then it becomes defense mechanism. I think Alice dope, we had a misunderstanding. We move on. I want to do a song with me and him called Barry the Hatchet and he was like, Yo, we should cook. I was like, yeah, let's cook. Let's move forward. And on No Days Off we had did a record on his album. We did a song where we killed it. We had so much fun. So I don't want to live in the past. I think what Styles and Jada did is amazing and two things can coexist at the same time. So great record. My album didn't even come out. My album on the label didn't come out. That would have been on Van go it would have been on Mango. And so yeah, my album because of my label ship. So at least the wait that album came out, it never came out, never came out. I put it out later. Thanks for telling my inemigo. Yeah, we had, we had physical copies of this, like with the artwork. But that's when Capital was getting bought, was buying out the other half. All right, Well, at the time Priorti was independent and then Brian Turner owned fifty one percent. They bought him out and they got the other two percent, so he became forty nine and then they were making it Capital. They were like, we're gonna close down Priority and just make it Capitol Records. Only only a few people made that cut. It was like Snoop Dogg Me we got slid in with like Faith Evans whatever, so it was only like six artists. But you know that that was the whole journey. So my record didn't get promoted. And then we went in from Van Gold we went into Golden Child, So I took certain records off of here and then went into the Golden Child with Premiere and all that stuff. So it was just all this corporate ship and just trying to make it be okay. But ultimately my point is at least we're gonna make it exist and the ship fire? Is that the only record you did with Alchemists? No, I've done multiple records. Yeah, I'm known OWT for no I know. I just you guys make great. I've done songs with our since that. That's what I'm saying. So he had an album called No Days Off when he's like DJM for eminem.
Speaker 4: So why does it feel like you guys just mended the beef.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to go into that again. We are okay today. You guys are local man, well you know la ship, but my brother is talented. I want to I want to do a song called now you had.
Speaker 2: A project together, a whole project.
Speaker 3: Well put that in the universe.
Speaker 4: I think, don't come outside, We'll come outside.
Speaker 3: How come you know we never did one? Know?
Speaker 4: I thought that about I thought about that today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sound great together as well? That would be crazy.
Speaker 1: This is a part of the if we skipped on quick Time with Slim. What do you prefer being on a major or being independent?
Speaker 3: I already know, good question. No, I'm gonna be honest about it. I want both there there we got to drink drink that.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna have to drink.
Speaker 1: Our beyond a label like Penalty Records. Wheah, like it had the minute of Tommy Boy. Right, Tommy Boy was at the distribution.
Speaker 3: They were a big Indie too. They were in India, is right, they were indied, they were a major. You're gonna manage it, well, you're gonna manage us getting some new record, sir.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, yes, yeah, I got you.
Speaker 3: You ain't even got to deal with any more. Just go get us a bag.
Speaker 4: Answer though you both said, okay, okay, I want people don't want to.
Speaker 3: I don't want the major with the Shenanigans, and you think you're going to own the project. None of that, none of that ship. And nowadays these kids is getting these three sixty deals. They're totally replaceable. So no, like I bring something to the table, we have value. And then, especially as businessman like you start, you know, we start with a dream. They financed that. I respect that. I definitely, yeah, of course you want. I like getting per diems if you know, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't think that exists anymore. Man.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you some people stilly in per deems.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it does exist on the top top tier.
Speaker 3: You know, these young some of these people getting deals, but they just so the young kids only is uh he does tour manager man for major people, Chris Brown whatever, whatever, he's like the young the young ones, they just want to be on privates. They want a hotel in the private, right because they can say they was on a private right, private plane for people who do understand that they.
Speaker 1: Could be content by doing that though, right, Yeah, but it's like no one gets on the private without.
Speaker 4: Filming it, right, all of them, all of them. It's for that stunt.
Speaker 3: It's funny. They're stunning there, but they're not like they're public. They don't care. They've kind of thrown away like their future. They're like, I want it now, like you're saying that commercial, it's my money and I want it now. It's not my money and I want it now, right, because how many people we've seen, you know, get a lot of money in where are they now? The motherfucker just right Like if I could have would have should have saved that fucking two hundred thousand dollars that I had when I bought all the Gucci shoes. That don't mean shitt right. So it's I want both, and it's okay to dream and want both or not dream to plan or strategize for it. I would like a small INDI with enough money to finance. I don't need a lot of upfront. I want you to make sure that you're going to support this project, and then when it's time to fucking move around.
Speaker 4: You're gonna help them.
Speaker 2: Has been that in your mind?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Braucus was always great and supportive of its artists. Look at how everybody landed. Quiley still do business with the owner of this you know, Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, well, you know, having those kind of friends, it's never over. There's a few dope indie hip hop.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. I love what they're doing over there.
Speaker 3: Like I said, mob D, Daylight, I said, I mentioned it, So yeah, I love to find a home that gets it, allows you to be myself. I don't want to create the Chicken Dance or some other ship to try to get on. I'm not fourteen, I'm not I'm not I'm not no weird kid.
Speaker 5: But to see you on mass Appeal, yeah, I definitely could see you on that Legend Run they're doing, which I feel.
Speaker 3: They're gonna, Well, they don't have nobody from the West, so that.
Speaker 2: Was my didn't under that, no mass appeal ras cast the Legend Run.
Speaker 3: Well shit, I got a whole project. I'm promoting this. But me and Fred Row, well no, that already came out. Okay, we did that on a on another label, but unfortunately it didn't work out. But yeah, you know what I'm saying, Me and Fred Row from Onix, we got a project. So we're called we West and East, so we collective. So I mean I'd love to place it and get a home.
Speaker 4: What made you uh do a whole project? We'll have it? And what you coultique as being the rest Coast artists working.
Speaker 3: With first of all my bros. Like I said, I was closer with Pe back then. You know what I'm saying, just through the whole mob. These ship once once I got my deal and just knowing them. But uh, I want to say. I want to say before COVID, one time we were in Dallas and I got booked to host, he got booked to uh perform, and we were chilling and we like to say, yeah, all right, fucking I'm gonna tell you we're brothers. What that You don't know what this? You know never in life? So anyway, you know you got the same, you know what? You know what that ship?
Speaker 2: The bus you're on the bus.
Speaker 3: Most industry niggas is an Eskimo brother and what the hell you see the same? You didn't knock somebody that somebody else Now.
Speaker 4: I don't think anybody ever put their release.
Speaker 3: About so anyway we've send there those guys. I know that was racist. I didn't make the term up real ship. So we anyway, we were sitting there talking, uh we we d t F. That was for Wark and like I said, always been a big fan, always been. Some people are like sooner than others.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. That should be the name of the album, that'schooling brothers.
Speaker 3: Never in life people think, take a DNA test to see how many you see, how many see how much you live in Miami, how much come.
Speaker 7: Back into y'all? Yeah, yeah, right, Miami life after poor Ice.
Speaker 2: That goes well nowadays.
Speaker 3: Exactly worked well now. But I'm just saying so we Actually I had told him my thoughts. I was like peas gone and and I hope I'm saying this would all due respect and dignity. I was like, yo, pease gone. I was at the funeral and all you know what I'm saying, because we were together the day Pee passed. I was in Vegas, right, I was in Vegas. He was on the water rap right exactly, wrap and so across the street. I see, yeah, so we were I forgot you were that yes, crazy on that bill. I was on the bill too.
Speaker 4: I wasn't on the bill. Excuse me.
Speaker 1: ONX brought me out. Ironically, ONX brought me out. I asked him to do with my food show, and they was like, yo, well if.
Speaker 4: I have a show tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Nay. It was super hot that day.
Speaker 1: It was super hot, and the green loss the street. I saw people as soon as he got stage right.
Speaker 3: So so when when pe got off stage, we went back into the green room, and then we all walked out. It's opposite way, so I don't feel like moving, But the point is it was opposite. So let's say this is the green room and that's the back of the stage across the street.
Speaker 4: We all walked out.
Speaker 3: He went that way into the suburban me and have walked up and back in and I think Ray and Ghost was that's crazy.
Speaker 1: You must have walked because he must have walked right by me and walked right into you. Because like, the only reason why I would have went backstage and I went backstage after well we'll have it. But the only reason why I didn't go because because I had.
Speaker 4: To perform it. Yeah, and I saw them too, yeah, because so.
Speaker 3: I remember, you know, I'm doing all this justice when I first walked into the green room, which was across the street, because I saw having pee, I saw ghosts from Ray and he was a little irritable, right, and uh, I thought he was like kind of upset, you know what I'm saying. And I'm like, uh, not me, just you know, having a bad day. So what I'm like, oh what up?
Speaker 4: We all talking to ship.
Speaker 3: And then he says something about our homeboy forty block. He like this nigga is shot your sons, you know what I'm saying. Whatever, we got a mutual homeboy. I'm like, you know, I'm like, bro, Like the nigga just keeps living. Bro, this is hilarricus. You know what I'm saying, Like this our homeboy, Like you can tell us to take care of himself. I'm like, bro, I'm gonna tell him whatever. And then uh, I remember they performed then came back and then I remember we're gonna walk and it was mostly in that green room at the time. It was maybe the five of us, and I was gonna get this picture. I was gonna be like, yo, let's flick it one time. And I was like, fuck it, I'll catch because I knew. I knew you know, it was still won't go on like I knew that. I think it was a Jersey show. Like two or three days later, I'm like, fuck it, I'll just do another picture. Yeah. Plus he because he had said like, nah, it's my single Seales ship. You're like this shit fucking hot is fucking with my sickle cells. So I'm like cool, like let it go. And we walked across me, have walked up pe In, a security guard walked that way, and we just never saw him again, and so you just never know, well, you know, for me, it really was one of them times where like somebody I really genuinely first of all, just growing up looking up, like we say, age bracket, but I'm a fan, I'm a brother. I would hope saw me as a friend, you know what I'm saying, So that ship is important. Like all the hype and hoopla shit don't mean shit like to me if it ain't genuine. Some people fake love you and like, I really love bro. You know what I'm saying, Like that's my bro. To fast forward and tell something about what happened with me and Habit. We were in Dallas and my whole shit was like I don't want I was like, Pee can't be replaced, Prodigy cannot be replaced. I was like, but you got them beats. So I said, find you find somebody not from Queens, find the East Coast nigga, so at least we get you know what I'm saying that shit like I need my fix on you know what I'm saying. But it can't be the comparison. You can't replace Pete. That's my nigga. You like, it ain't gonna never be no Mob Deep bro, like Mob Deeper y'all niggas. But find me some give me that vehicle, that kind of music to hear, that type.
Speaker 2: Of shit, the energy, the same energy right because you're.
Speaker 3: Sitting on you cooking. You know what I'm saying, and so we talked about it. I remember we talked about it and then fast forward like three years later, having dorm hit me like, what's up? All right, well, we need the East Coast nigga. That's why the r J pain guy. I was like, fuck it, Well, why don't we just do that because it ain't no comparison. We just want the production we and then we're gonna honor Pee. So our job is to be there and be our brother. One of the songs is on on on that Havoc album. It's called the Gutter see U T t R so Mob Deep. It's still in that same vein. Were just trying to honor. Can't replaced. Just I'm a West Coast nigga. I'm my own MC. But really this is because I just want to I want to make sure this's Mob Deep like legacy. So we got we got a song on one where it's too prodigy, you know what I'm saying. And it ain't no fake ass. You know what I'm saying. Niggas be want fake homages, Niggas get tattoos. The niggas they ain't never mad. Niggas is super fake. They should be corny. A ship like I knew, bro, so our heart was right. We did a good job. Yeah, I think what we did for the Gutter album is a great honor. And that was when they were still trying to get everything in order with the family. And this new Mob album is is incredible. I hope I hope they can create enough more because Mob deep forever for me. You know what I'm saying, people, my homie, have my homie.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I love I love my brother me and you got the same story basically, yeah, like there basically he basically walked by me to walk You're giving us the story before the story in Yeah, that's just that's that.
Speaker 3: I got family. Ye, what do you what do you like? What do you like more?
Speaker 4: Making the record, performing a record?
Speaker 3: Two different animals. I love the creatives. I love sitting there and like being with the producer and being with the people like that ship the animals crazy. You know what I'm saying, because I remember Doctor Dre saying like throw it against the wall of his stick and stick. You know what I'm saying, Like it's cool to make something and think it's cool until your homies come in and be like no. But if they're dope people, they can tell you why. Right, So I might make some ship and then the homies like Trump's whack like, well, then fix them. See I like people I can talk to like that, like fucking fix it. Then so with FN if he's like I don't like them, drums, fucking fix it? Has it? It's fixed them fucks. You know what I'm saying, But do it, don't just say like it, like fix it. And then when your homies go in and fix it, that's his fire, like, oh shit, this should went up, bro, you know what I mean. So the creative process is a beautiful experience. I'm not a I'm not God man. We made an image and likeness. I am God because whatever God. But and the physical sense of the ultimate, the closest creation experiment that I can do is whether I'm a painter or I'm a builder or whatever, is to create something. And so I love being in that. But the other part is I do like actually showing off the thing, right because now I get to do it to somebody like pause, I get to I get to perform something. Well, I'm just saying, I get to perform in front of people, and sometimes like, there's been many a times where I'm just like, there's one person that's fitting my fucking bars to me, and I'm like looking at the person, like this motherfucker know this shit, like like he wrote it or she wrote it. I'm like that energy. It makes me double up, like fuck that I'm a really do a great job. Jay Zu used to say a thing one or one million. The whole point was if you have a show and only one person showed up, would you have ass You're not supposed to. If only one person showed up to your show, they deserve for you to give a one hundred percent. If a million people show up, give one hundred percent. So I love both, and then I also like, I'm not gonna lie. I like money you've made that. I like when people show up. I'm like, oh, I got some money in the creative process, I'm spending money. I can't beat this motherfucker. This is a lyric phone versus the one bro. Can you turn this off? I love you, brother, I love you. Yes.
Speaker 1: Have you ever performed the overseas and realize these people that know your words don't even speak English?
Speaker 4: Absolutely that ship is the way that still know what's.
Speaker 3: The most locals apostles calling you. Look, we're gonna pick this ship up. I love this show.
Speaker 4: Better give us.
Speaker 3: The rest. I'm kidding. I forgot me.
Speaker 4: Down on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to tell this there's yeah, I say, hold nobody out.
Speaker 4: There and see.
Speaker 3: You should not. I don't know what is happening, Like I know, this is some fucking Shenanigans.
Speaker 2: Here, man, take your.
Speaker 3: God things.
Speaker 2: Emento just killed you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's gonna be awesome. Thank he's never coming back. It's over. My Departsits fun.
Speaker 1: God, come down, God says, I want you to make one record that change the world, and you getting one feature.
Speaker 4: Now, this is a two part question.
Speaker 3: I like this.
Speaker 1: Alrighty you get, you get, get you get. You can make two records, one with a person that has passed away and one what a person now, okay, is a living Who's the producer? Who's going to be the producer those two records?
Speaker 3: I like this question.
Speaker 4: I want to take this extremely serious. Look.
Speaker 3: So so one part is you get a passed away producer and a present producer. Right, I want to guys, take this.
Speaker 1: Piece and I passed away artist and artist.
Speaker 3: Now, but this this is who's going to produce it?
Speaker 4: Who's going to produce it for you? You get to pick it any producer?
Speaker 3: A man, Okay, I wanted to do before and after. All Right, you're gonna have to drinkle with me the way it turns out, Lady of the Lady of the Jamie, I don't know her name. Oh that's my little sister's middle name.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Michelle, we forgot Oh wait, wait, we're sorry.
Speaker 2: Man, No, don't believe his own name.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, sorry, Yeah, So that feature I'm gonna go with. This is a producer, right, I'm gonna go producer first. That's a hard dig because one alright, fuck it. I never worked with him before. I'm gonna say, for real, I knew he's gonna say for well, for some reason, I'm gonna say I should have. This have been a little scary. Who who's the I know Preame, I know Trey, I know blah blah blah. I no, yeah, for real, nigga, the clip ship fire, I'm like track record be fire bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I can see it too.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna go with for real. Okay, now you said what was the other part? Now? Feature feature wise now yeah, feature feature one alive one Yeah, in entire life. Yeah, I could go with that. Yeah, the world yeah yeah, oh niggah, the nigga just oh forgot to save humanity. Well, I mean that you already funcked that up. Yeah, I don't want to offend anybody. I'm gonna go with, Yes, you were who Jesus exactly? There there are no jays and oh yes, I don't think no one picked Jesus.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you were saying, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. I'm picking you the feature for Rest and Jesus rhyming. Yes, you know, Jason he Man, Hey sus Man, let's get it real. No, that's your spandiard. No Jays nigga from South Kate.
Speaker 3: Homie and Home. No, no, so yes, So I mean I'm not gonna cut to the chest everyone. Jesus is alive, he died and went to where else? Nigga? I'm talking about that? How you got too smart? Right? Yeah? Now, let's say, let's see who I would pick physically with me on their bodies.
Speaker 4: Let's see.
Speaker 3: I'm a fan and I would go with I'm gonna throw you off Duran Duran, What the fuck my favorite group.
Speaker 2: Let me hear the dudes with the feathers in their here no Man.
Speaker 3: Some of the els records ever I tried to I tried to sample De Duran on this album and the company was like, not at all. They're British right. One of the greatest records I've ever written is called Sabor Prayer and I was a little kid watching MTV and it took me fifteen years to understand. See, the best thing about UH writing before the dumblification of rap is that it was dope. Rock was written well because we creative rock and these songs and R and B and women the woman like people are talking. They talking that ship though they're talking like I'm fucking your nigga, like they talking about real ship, but making the ship sound amazing. It just became now where it's like I'm a whore, I'm a dude, you fuck me, I'm on you shit, corny.
Speaker 2: You know it's so crazy it sounds like a hit record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because your ears trained into monkey times pro so so they used to write grown ass Ship, fire Ship and Duran Durant Wright's really interesting. It always resonated with me. I tried to sample it twice one company. It was like never in life. Yeah, They're like I was signing a Capito old Parorty record. I'm like, come on, bro, It's like, naw, well you need to go after that. Well, you know you asked me in my perfect world for real to make the beat. I get the Ran around are they Aund's so yeah, yeah, it's like so here, I challenge everybody here for this one. There's a song that I heard as a kid. Amongst all the amazing great records, the Ran Durant had a record called a viwtwo to Kill. I like James Vond. I like the nigga. It was a cool nigga you kill niggas. He always get the bitch. So I liked James Vond. Do I see myself in James Bond? No, but in my James Bond you God damn right right right now. Dran Durant would do the music to a few of them, and he had a salt that it's not he, it's them. There's a song, but.
Speaker 2: It's hearing of them, not them them. Huh they No, it's them.
Speaker 3: They them. But the point was one of the greatest records. It took me fifteen years, like to even understand the context of the record. And that's what I think. I think layers are incredible when I I can listen to oldies and hear like, oh shit, I'm old enough to really understand what the fuck I was here, Like I heard it because it sounded catchy, as opposed to like, oh I'm living in this.
Speaker 4: Like I called a rock can bar.
Speaker 3: From the first album like four four years ago, no less, and I wish I should have wrote it down. I was like, I finally got the bar. I like that now if you want, I walked down the street down my horn. I killed him yesterday. I shot it's monkey talk. Grow the fuck up. I get it that they trained you to do that, But I like shit where like even even the law's form of energy is more complicated than one simple thing. So I like when I like when I go back to people's music and get more informed or you know, or get growth. Because I thought the point of art, as I look at it on this wall, as I see it amongst me, is to learn from it and to grow from it. If it's just a thing, then you're a cheeseburger from McDonald's I'm not no fucking cheeseburger. We are exquisite art. We do exquisite shit. The fact that you can move from what you did, you know what I'm saying. As a queen's nigga, you know what I'm saying, and really go from CNN to go into you know what I'm saying. I do have a joke about, but no to move into your culture and even do reggaeton, you know what I'm saying, have growth to build. You know what I'm saying. Where y'all on, y'all tenth here for you to grow.
Speaker 4: That's the love. Don't never be relegated.
Speaker 3: And I'm kind of in it. I'm in that. I'm in my love zone about the art, like fuck it because at the end of the day, when we go, all we gonna leave is this I mean, So I'm gonna leave excellence if I can't.
Speaker 4: What's your stance on ghost riding.
Speaker 3: Here's my stance on that. To different sports. So water polo is not regular polo.
Speaker 2: Lets say it again, A water polo is not regular on the horse.
Speaker 3: And they hit right. I think it's more difficult water polo. It doesn't matter. So I'm just gonna tell you different skill set. So he asked me a question about ghost writing. So a man named three people, because then you can use it. Kanye West, Doctor Dre my name for allegedly others, I said, Kanye West, I said, so did he? So did? He said, don't matter if I write rhymes, I write checks. Doctor Dre has never said all the best lyricists. I respect him. Different sport. He's a producer, right, But don't act like you play my sport, right, don't. You don't come in with niggas helping you write four or five of your bars, seven or ten. At what point when it does it become them and not you? Hooks and production are one thing. If you don't play my sport, fuck out of here. I play a sport it's called bars. The rest of y'all playing a game called convincing bitches and white people that you're popular. You can't beat me at what I do, and I don't give a fuck if you got a group. So the bottom line is we should just call a thing called seventy four years. No Internet, none of your hype people, none of your help writers.
Speaker 4: I will air your niggas out.
Speaker 3: I'll air your favorites, because if you over here with niggas helping you, throwing you bars and whatever. You can help with a hook, you can help with production, you cannot help me with me expressing myself. Period. No, right now, motherfuckers is using chat GPT. That my next question.
Speaker 5: While confidently I've seen people I'm not gonna name no names, but they're comfortently saying Chad GVT is helping.
Speaker 7: Well again again, every tool rhyme again, every.
Speaker 3: Tool is a tool. You're just not playing my sport. Whatever that sport is called it something else that's not water polo, that's called the salad polo, cyberpolo. Right, you can do whatever you want to do, just don't act like you mean. But Kenky said, they not like they not like us, You not like me. If you don't write your ship, you beat it. My nigga, what what game we plan? You not capable of depth of character? You don't know how to express yourself. You need other people to help. You say you need a therapist. I gave an analogy a long time. Well, but basically that's what they are. They're your therapist. Here, here's my analogy. Who's your favorite basketball player? Who's your favorite football player. You don't give a okay, Jesus Chris, So John Alway is definitely you even know.
Speaker 2: That's what I actually cared about.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if you started watching the playbacks of John Alway, he was a quarterback right right, So if you saw l Way he was doing, you freeze frame it right and this is going to get racist, but it's hilarious. Why oh you know, why do you know me? So nor watching these? A little Mexican cross out always hands and he really throws it. A little Mexican, a little Mexican guy. Because I'm from l A and I always those are my brothers. So so if you saw a miniature little nigga, come on, he's happening to be nextan in my analogy because I'm from la so I think it's Lway, but it's not really, not really, it's a little nigga that comes out a little bit in my analogy, happens to be Nan. He comes out bomb. I want I want Alway.
Speaker 4: I don't want Alway.
Speaker 3: I want El Pedro. I want the little nature. I want the little nigga that through the bomb. But I like that guy.
Speaker 7: I don't want the little nigga that did this ship because you're the big guy doing it.
Speaker 2: They need each other. No, fuck you, because.
Speaker 3: I like the real one you can. I never went to McDonald's expecting Ronald McDonald to come out and make my hamburgers and take my order, right, But for real, I did expect it's call wrap and you can't write them.
Speaker 4: You're not like me.
Speaker 3: I don't want you around here. Give me the nigga that's doing it in R and B because they do a lot of hard work. They and they dance, they sing and they dance. Nigga rappers. We don't have a hard job. But how come, let me let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: How come Chris Brown could be related to one of the greatest of all times and he clearly is great. But you find out that Chris Brown didn't write some of his songs, is he still.
Speaker 3: He's not great? Cannot be?
Speaker 11: We have to be honest, man, it's not it's not normal and it's not in the genre of R and B that is a normal life songwriter collaborate.
Speaker 3: Michael Jackson times out. I never thought Billy Jean was not his lover for Michael Jackson when when I was a kid.
Speaker 8: I do this.
Speaker 3: Nigga was not fucking nothing, Billy Nigga the likes I was like, he's the baddest.
Speaker 4: Come on, this is rape.
Speaker 3: At some point do we get are we gonna have some accountability here?
Speaker 5: And the thing is this, Although it is true that there's ghost writing in hip hop, although it is true from the beginning, Although it is true, this is the thing, this is, This is where we have to be understanding of it. Although we used to be honest, although it is true, the overlying rule in hip hop, that is the overlying rule in hip hop.
Speaker 1: But best groups of all time? Who n w A said Ice Cube?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: The rhymes that I say, like, I didn't even I didn't even know what he was saying.
Speaker 4: Back then when I thought about it, I said, holy shell from But.
Speaker 3: That was that was only easy and dre.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna be honest I and Doctor Drake is the way with it.
Speaker 2: They didn't never saying they were mcs or rappers.
Speaker 3: Really really true, right, they were a team.
Speaker 2: Ice You were the only true mcs.
Speaker 3: And then came d C from tech Corse. At d C, he was writing writing like a motherfucker right, incredible, incredible or incredible. But Doctor Dre ain't never said yeah I got the bars, yeah d o C.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like he ain't ship.
Speaker 3: I'm doctor Dre, doc p r E. I spent all this ship I wrote for him and these other niggas like you Shenanigan, and they did not. And I think if nothing else is called rap. If you can't rap, good, beat it. If you don't write your wraps, but you're good to the system, great, Just don't act like you do what we do. So I think Kanye should have stopped from the man. I'm like, stop the like, uh, I ain't been doing whoever the fuck you think you are? Your cornball, I'll tell you sy well think Kanye? I think, well, you know I lived with jay Z. It's time to stop with you. Live I did. I lived on State Street. I lived. I lived before this album came out. That's why I got the jazz O record. I lived on State Street with no I lived in the apartment with Tim beat High and jay Z. What did you not live with that?
Speaker 10: This guy?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm an Airbnb company.
Speaker 3: You tied to bro stupid fucking l A kid that went on a dream called I believe when it's rap shit. I was getting the bag. I had already fucked up. I went on the journey, bro, yeah, I mean ship. I asked them, if I'm a lining nigga, they gonna tell you my story. My story adds up. These nigga stories don't add all.
Speaker 2: Right, what's the jay Z living story?
Speaker 3: H Jay's my label made first album priority?
Speaker 4: Yeah right, oh yeah, that's right, right, that's right.
Speaker 3: So that's that's how you all connect. And at some point, what did you think about him when you first met him? I actually protected him. Snoop shipped on him. Who Snoopy Dog our label made shipped on him.
Speaker 2: Really, this is during the beginning of the East Coast West Coast ship.
Speaker 3: No. When this is East Coast Killer, West Coast cap hillis little monkey niggas tonguerrillas. I'm on the radio, I'm up and coming where all labelmates Snoop calls in and ships on jay Z. And they asked me what I think about it? And I say, I think Snoops are wrong. Y'all don't think he understood the bar mm hm, So I say, jay Z ain't sol no records, the company don't already don't fuck with jay Z.
Speaker 4: But reasonable doubt is fire.
Speaker 2: I'm like, reasonable is already out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the failed record, failed, failed failed record, Yes, it's failed. Do the math. See when it comes out, see when the single comes out. I'm telling me what they expected, her saying he his B side of.
Speaker 4: The Hustle already came out.
Speaker 3: No dead press President President is coming out there on the record. No, ain't came out as they're never what independent asshole label would shoot a fucking record for B side? Right then it's over. I'm I'm telling you what the execs, the bean counters are saying.
Speaker 4: You want to shoot this. They're saying in front of me.
Speaker 3: I'm an I'm an artist too, I'm signed for my amount of money whatever. They're like, nah, we're never going to do that. I'm like, I think it's fire. This almost incredible man being record. I'm like, this ship fire and I already know, bro, that's the Hawaiian Sophie Niggas. I know what I know. Now, maybe you being counters, don't know who you're dealing with. Niggas Fire, Snoop don't know. So I told my so, why did you think Snoop did that? I mean, I never because he didn't know. And it's in that all East and West.
Speaker 2: But no record is this.
Speaker 3: This is the first jay Z out, but the Snoop record, I don't know the something last year.
Speaker 2: What you got to get to the bottom.
Speaker 3: Google it and put it up on this ship right now, Google and you picked the day and I never heard. I never heard. So anyway, we're on the radio and Snoop says the ship and he's like, I didn't like what jay Z said. Okay, you know what I'm saying. I don't like and I'm happen to be on the radio, and I'm just like, with.
Speaker 1: That lot of East Coast Killers, that was a reasonable So that's dead Press, these schools West Coast Killers.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that the dra Ship? On Aftermath?
Speaker 4: Are you tipsy? Are you talking with me?
Speaker 2: I'm serious?
Speaker 3: Okay. So Karris on dad Press, he says, oh you mean j Body, Yes, A little Monkey Niggas Tonguebrellers on Damn Press, which is one of my favorite records.
Speaker 4: I don't like the remix. I like the original.
Speaker 3: We have to talk very clear.
Speaker 2: When you say dead Press, everybody's gonna think you're thinking about dead The group oh no, no Dead Presidents.
Speaker 3: The record J's Dead Presidence. Yes, So they all come out around the same time my album.
Speaker 4: James Record, Who Changed J.
Speaker 3: And So I remember just being on the radio in La and I had to defend in La Jayme's record. I was like, I don't think the sophisticated ear would know that jay Z's not dissing La. I said, what I would find offense too is too much West Coast dick Licking, which is a different song that's two twenty two's.
Speaker 4: My ear is to the street on these bars.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you when the nigga talk and slick because I can talk slick too. I shoot at niggas too. So whatever we get like all your favorites could get it. But I don't think what jay was talking about was that he was trying to do like Queen's niggas talk different and Compton niggas that talk different.
Speaker 5: And when I told Norrie Rick Ross was in saying you and hustling, that was a conversation we did that.
Speaker 3: So with that being said, I just always wanted because I felt like you were lying to me. Y'all, Really you really have it?
Speaker 2: Remembering you not at first, No, word not. Don't worry. It wasn't working.
Speaker 3: Instance not you.
Speaker 4: I got over it.
Speaker 3: That. Wow. Okay, you're a good friend. You got you guys have been good friend really? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hello it want to take a shot?
Speaker 3: No, I want to kill you?
Speaker 4: How do I do that?
Speaker 2: You want to kill me something?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: I feel like you can. I pissed real quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I pissed the mill.
Speaker 3: Time to go for it? Wait will you? I'll be right back okay?
Speaker 4: Cool? No, No, we won't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: I promise.
Speaker 3: Oh that you can't right back for real? All this fun? Really? So I know.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I asked you earlier, what was your favorite album? What's the album that you wish you you could take back? You got thirty six?
Speaker 3: Do you consider all not believe that that's true for one thirty six releases?
Speaker 2: Consider them all out your album?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I believe. I mean in thirty years nigga? Yeah? Oh yeah, fun, I need stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Thirty years. Yeah, he's been thirty years of like since the people guess about here. No, that's.
Speaker 2: The anniversary of it.
Speaker 3: I know. It's crazy. Think about it though, you guys, think about the nips and the pox and the big age and like just not even to be able to celebrate ten years of the journey and still legacies that affect us. So for me, I always just kind of find it like I'm grateful to be here. I'm not comparing like oh I need what so and so God, but like nips like you know, for Nipsey or big you know what I'm saying, not even to be able to enjoy like m your your kid turning.
Speaker 4: So life is precious, like no functions.
Speaker 1: So if you had a chance to do over, you would say, now, I wouldn't do it. Well none.
Speaker 3: I'm with everything I said when I said fu so and so, whatever I said, I meant it at the time. I ain't got no regrets, no regrets. You ever seen the tattoos regirts right right, Yeah, I'm totally okay with Like, even if I feel differently now, at least I felt how I felt at least because these are time capsules about how I felt at the time. Absolutely so. Maybe I was mad at my mom, maybe I was sad about this or whatever. These are time capsules. That's what art is. These people, everything that we do, every monument, even us as fucking children, think about this from a philosophical standpoint, we are the culmination of everybody before us. Wild I'm talking about before however long you think people were made.
Speaker 2: That survived for you to be here.
Speaker 3: Right, we are just here and now we're parents that we're creating art and whatever were.
Speaker 2: Like fuck sees or fuck this or like Nike.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a beautiful journey.
Speaker 3: Man. I'm trying to embrace the grind. I'm trying to embrace the journey and enjoy my life while trying to at least do a good job while I'm here. You know what I mean. That's the I would hope that's the most important thing is like, enjoy it, live it, love it, and capitalize off of it.
Speaker 4: I'm on big bread, but big.
Speaker 3: Fun I do. My mom, my mom before she passed a long time ago. She fucked me up. And I'm gonna share something personal. So my mother only just died about then seven months ago. I got four sisters. I got four sisters, thank you, thanks for the condolences, but that's not my issue. I got four sisters, three older, one younger. So what makes me tick has never been and I'm a creole. My mom from Louisiana, My daddy's mark saf So I'm just clarified what the fuck I am. Ain't no nigga ever gonna change me anyway, because even when I was born in LA, I used to be the darkest kid in my family. You are Latino, I'm a creole, French blood whatever. So I've always had a journey. I wrote about it on my first album, You're not Gonna Force Me to do shit. Always felt very strongly and had a strong protective family about.
Speaker 4: Self.
Speaker 3: I made many mistakes, but my family allowed me to make mistakes, and my homeboys did also helped me too. But I think one of the things is part of this journey is the love part. I grow Catholic as fuck. I know my seventh Sacraments. I grew up with whatever like even in La like you ask to be all crip shit, I'm telling you, it was much harder to even identify with blacks culturally because I identified with Latinos. I mean, who's poor and Catholic in La? So I always feel like the bigger point is to express yourself, and I'm grateful to have an opportunity, at fifty years old, to be able to express myself and be honest and hopefully not bitter and jaded and inform people about because I didn't listen to my father, or I listened.
Speaker 4: To my mother because she's a tyrant. She was a tyrant.
Speaker 3: She was awesome. But you know that we do better, like I want to be able to be in a place where I can give people game, gain people up. Make sure you know what I'm saying. We're protecting what's most important, which is all our civilizations, all our people. How do we build bigger businesses? And I really don't even think that we should even start celebrating people that have been celebrities, because they don't deserve to be celebrated anymore. I think after two hundred million, if you ain't helping nobody, then we shouldn't talk about you no more.
Speaker 4: If you make two hundred.
Speaker 3: Million dollars and you ain't out here really doing the people's work, you beat the monopoly board, you're going to fold yours up, and then we're just not going to give you nothing. We'll find somebody else, find somebody to help. I think we need to start bringing our energy differently. I don't have to shit on nobody for me to feel better. I don't think that are like people are all like algorithms. Niggas act like the algorithm is like I don't know. Niggas. No, No, Niggas act like the algorithm is like science, like pie. They were like, you know what I'm saying, Like certain degrees, you freezer a nigga, make it and guess what nigga he looked like, not like you. Eli must changed and called it something different. Twitter became ex and nigger and beaner became a word.
Speaker 4: Way more often.
Speaker 3: Stop bowing to white people's ideas because you are going to lose that game. Stop Latinos. You're not gonna like this what I'm gonna say it. Stop thinking your Spanish Spain don't like you we do. Stop bowing to America. America has told you you're not welcome here, except here's the truth.
Speaker 4: It's our land.
Speaker 3: We got to start learning how to love each other and stop letting these constructs change us from being the best people we can. And that's really one of my bigger points about even this album and everything I've ever tried to make.
Speaker 4: You could take my money, but you couldn't take who I was.
Speaker 3: You could take being important, but I bar your favorite nigga out you can't have he can't beat me rapping. You can make it more important than me. I got a good face, I'll take it. I'll take this bitch. I do so I'm on that. I want us to like get back to for the culture for business. We can own our own businesses. And I think that's kind of part of the reason why I've always stuck to my guns is because I came from a good family that supported the collectives. Because if it's just about you, then think about it, you become the person that.
Speaker 4: Only thinks about you.
Speaker 3: Think about it, think about your billionaires, and a nigga be crying like nobody like, are you kidding me? You gotta beat it? Well, I mean they expect that from them. I know our own kind that's sitting fucking ivory towers all over and be like think like, I'm like, are you kidding me? I've had to talk to people. Have you ever talked to somebody that was so rich? But they're acting like I'm not Like I'm like, my dude, a girl, do you know how much money you have? Like you're sitting in a fucking hundred and twenty thousand dollars a night whatever, Like you're fuck I've met Have you ever met a princess?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 3: Have you met a princess? Have you ever met a real princess? Like a real like, oh god, I met you. They have their many different countries. Have you never met a person in a prince let alone? Have you ever knocked the one? But the point is, yeah, it's people. Everything's in somebody's mind. They're the victim. But sometimes it's like, bro, are you kidding me? Like you're super up? You ain't never had a homeboy that's super rich and he's just like everybody's gut me. I'm like, bitch, what are you talking about? You got the nigga? You're filthy? And so I think, to be honest, we talk the audience wants to be. People want to feel people want That's why people watch it because they want to either talk shit about people that they look up to. I just think ultimately the end game about art is to express and share who we are, because those are gonna be like I don't even think drink Champ again in season. I'm telling you, I think what you do is art because you get us all to fucking turn into our real selves. And I think that's inspiring. I think it's fun and we all, you know, we know each other to some degree. Some shit gotta get real and and tell niggas when they full of shit. You should including me.
Speaker 1: You ready, let me let me uh bounce around with the with the track list for a second. Leopards eat face. I've heard you say that before. M hmm okay in an interview, Yes, sir, So what does that exactly mean? I know it's sulf explanatory, but let's just break it down.
Speaker 4: You're about to roll a cigarette. Ahead, you can roll it, don't smoke it?
Speaker 3: Did you smoke it? Ready? We'll go outside. I'll go outside. You sad you're going to smoke a cigarette? Did you know? I said that was earlier? I said I was gonna go poop buddy, and then came out like.
Speaker 1: Ady.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I lost. I couldn't even pool ith like.
Speaker 4: It got weird. So the leopards to eat fish. So you know, I'm sorry you all right? So the thing is actually like this, don't put your face towards going right.
Speaker 3: Help me as a metaphor for like, if you already know what's going to happen and you do it, don't act like you're surprised if it happened. That's really the metaphor. So it was really about political ship. So really it was like Latinos for Trump. Yeah, we're win at me, buddy. Hey man, weird. I promised that.
Speaker 2: God no, I was just I'm Cuman, but that wasn't me man.
Speaker 3: Muslim niggers for Trump? Whoever I did, you can mute it. That's what I call niggas nigga. Its hard arc, hard hard art, hard r for Trump. If you know the dude don't like you and you do it. Let me waiting for me? Bro times out here he's blaming me. You want me a blood without the minesty? Uh, that's Boris Man loved me. Can't get Can I just get.
Speaker 2: The put a little sprinkling this.
Speaker 3: He's gonna give me cocaine. I know it's kind. I know it's kind. Boys. Looks me up. Come on, bro, let me get one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like a black, like a black mouth. Oh just a regular black.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, just a regular. Let's sweat it. I'm god, Yeah, just a regular.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: How come with you outside the storm? Spirit?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I would have done it. Do it? Is this cool? Can I put that yeah, of course, this is amazing. Thank you guys. Absolutely, man, you said you got more, Yeah, you gotta do. Ah, I want more.
Speaker 2: Questions, Well, got some statements actually and question statements.
Speaker 3: I want to do another death round. I'm just you know, my job is being against you. Nice.
Speaker 2: We've gotten drunk enough in our life in facts.
Speaker 5: Absolutely no, So I just wanted to go back actually to your sons because I just want to highlight them. Man, we didn't we didn't say Coast Contra. The contribution that they bring it in today is amazing. I know as a father, I don't I don't need you to go in death because I know you said they could speak for themselves at some point. But you and Tidra having these kids, I mean, and what they've become as artists, and I mean I hope they'd be good kids to you guys.
Speaker 3: Well, look, people go through journeys. I can only say that I remember, I hope this lands well. My first album was solo Nights. I wrote to me. By this album the second one I started writing to them. I've written because it's this therapy for me. So I hope the culmination of anybody's journey is that you're explaining yourself in real time that people you love you know what I mean, whether it's to my mother or to my sisters, or to the love I lost. If I'm like y'all fucked up, you know what I'm saying. I went here, I made it, left when I should have made a right And if that affected you, what I'm trying to say. So for me, I write from a truth. I don't write from a trying to get a money. Some people are writing like, oh, you can get money, and if I just say the right thing, I can get a lot of money out of people. I never wrote from there. I always felt like to be perfectly honest my friends and my own horrible nature. I'm gonna land on my feet. I'm gonna get some money. I'm gonna get I'm gonna take it out of somebody, like the other part of me, my negative energy, but my positive energy I've already. I've always tried to write from my heart, not from really my ego, and not from like bitter. I try to write from love and like and trying to write from like what am I really experiencing in real time? And so for me, you know, with them, I want them to have their journey. I'm still in my journey, so they can write there as I'm writing in mind their mom that's her journey and what's behind closed doors with uh be and my sisters, and you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But she's an incredible artist. Of course, you're an incredible artist.
Speaker 5: And then now you have these twin kids that are become incredible artists in career.
Speaker 3: But again, we're negating two other people. Close contra is not two negatives.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 3: All I'm trying to share with you is again I don't want I don't even know how that affects those two people. So I want them people to have their journey.
Speaker 5: You mean the group as a whole, Yeah, I want those but of course, but you're on our show and we're talking about specifically you and them and part of that group.
Speaker 3: So they're out. So what happened? So what happens is so when when when a boy and a girl like each other?
Speaker 5: They all, right, the births of the beast, But relax, right, we get we get the birth Listen, let me get that going for right.
Speaker 3: Let me give And it's not just it's not it's not just your twins. It's it's a group as a whole.
Speaker 2: But because you're here, we're talking about the twins a part of that.
Speaker 3: Girl love them.
Speaker 2: And what's dope is that oftentimes in hip hop we say, oh man, I wish these kids today would.
Speaker 3: Sound like blah blah blah blah. You know what they did. They sound like what we blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: But even modern day version of what we want hip hop to sound like, and better than even we thought that it could sound like.
Speaker 3: I am extremely supportive. It's just I want them to have let me find out.
Speaker 2: You're competitive with your own kids.
Speaker 3: First of all, I would give my sons my fucking lung.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I just want to make sure because you sad like I'm treading lightly, because young men need to feel like young men.
Speaker 3: You don't want.
Speaker 4: I want to know.
Speaker 3: I want them to feel like I'm not stepping on their toes.
Speaker 2: You're You're just.
Speaker 3: Trying to tell you.
Speaker 2: It's a part of your legacy.
Speaker 3: Legacy again, narratives or narratives. And what I'm trying to do is with their mother, with them, with my family, is to make sure that and with my homeboys.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying that I say.
Speaker 3: Respectfully, like it's really cool to talk about, uh, you know with p when we were in real time.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Children's perceptions are different than parents, absolutely, and want them to be able to tell their story as opposed to me having my version. They'll tell theirs when they as they tell.
Speaker 5: You as they will tell their stories because they're making a great career for themselves and they.
Speaker 3: Will have they make more money to me, you want to keep talking about.
Speaker 5: They will have their platforms to tell their stories. I'm not all I'm doing right now is paying homage to you.
Speaker 2: Damn don't. Yes, I eric do, alright, I got in the laugh, So we'll move on from that. I love you, love you love what your sons are doing by I.
Speaker 3: Do too, all right, Absolutely, I love I love what coast contra not my son, of course I love it. Bro, jesus, you just took a shot, a super take a shot, bro. It alienates.
Speaker 2: No, they're dope. Took all of them are dope.
Speaker 3: We're just saying specifically because you're here.
Speaker 2: If their dad was here, we saying fuck your sons.
Speaker 4: That don't mean that, but anyway, yes you did.
Speaker 3: No I meant it literally, not did literally not literally. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't make sense either.
Speaker 4: Isn't that a Bay Area thing? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, that's a that's a uh so l A different hoods do, different ship. And then honestly, I think it's a New York team, really New York. I feel like that's deal man, not for real. Wait, that would be a big area too, right me? No, no, no, I'm telling you would say, you know what New Yorkers did. L A niggas would do like hood ship and click ship.
Speaker 4: New York niggas just.
Speaker 1: Started like they didn't want to, and I was forty ship you smell me times out.
Speaker 4: Forty made most of the slang.
Speaker 3: Stop it now he made all that. Yeah, I say times out, I wasn't there, but most of l A slang and even Atlanta and yeah, start speaking on some other shit. I'm gonna bring you off. I'm gonna move this needley. A lot of LA slang is base slang. A lot of the production of the South of Atlanta because too short, and he forty wins. It's highly influenced that' space sound. Even what LA does right now that boom boom boom, last time that I checked this base ship, Yeah for sure, period so we always like hip hop was created in the Bronx. Most people don't argue that at this point, certain vibes got caught. So all the Atlanta vibes, the La vibes come from the bank, and we should give them that credit. I think motherfucker's trying to remake shit is whack. I remember when jay Z was wearing white T shirts in New York and then there was like hat to the side and white T shirt and New Yorker is like and we're arguing, like, bitch, you did not wear white T shirts. Because when I was in New York and like white T shirt, I remember I had a Rolex. I'm in Times Square in my hotel and the girls are back then I date myself. But we wearing white teas with the roly with the LA had but we bagging the girls and all the like. So we're like eighteen, but we're back in like eighteen and like like we could get the girls at McDonald's. That's how old we were. You know what I mean, when your kid when you're eighteen, upperly mobile McDonald's, mc donald's, Times Square, McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Girl, mcals.
Speaker 3: So in nineteen ninety five and six, and seven when you're not old, okay, that's teenager and you. But the girls would be like. I remember one girl like she's like, why are you wearing your undershirt? Y'all in New York And we just yelled. He's like, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch.
Speaker 4: This ain't no undershirt. We were angry.
Speaker 3: We're like, what do you mean is this was? This was our suit uniform? Yeah, this is a uniform. She said, why you no disrespect? Why are you wearing your uh this shirt? So like for for that to go from undershirts to jay Z making it like it's our uniform, it was like, that's not no. We wore white T shirts two pro clubs in l A just before cash Money was doing it. Stop it while behind No, let's just be hip hop. LA created the white tea. Knock it off you you guys created the black team who but Who's he? We Atlanta the South? But the tea as a fit is an l A thing. But I think made it really big. Stop behind I actually think so you stop behind the white team. Jay Z with it to the tilty Brown.
Speaker 2: Was a jay Z I remember.
Speaker 3: I remember that's when we go to l A.
Speaker 1: Don't wear white white tea, right, But I thought.
Speaker 3: The white tea was the dope boy thing. That that was the dope boys. It's an l a uniform. We were taught to wear that. That's how girls liked you. You were white tea. If you got your money up, you got too. You wore too, you would wear too.
Speaker 4: It's weird. Okay, you left early?
Speaker 3: When did you leave? Sir?
Speaker 4: Back and forth when you really felt, Like.
Speaker 2: When I became Miami officially, I was like nine years old, so I got dog ears.
Speaker 3: So my dog ears are La and New York. Like when I like I had we had a cousin. Yeah, I had a cousin then Harlem, so the dog years. But I'm telling you, La ship white teas too. Look at the Mexican. Look at the look at the process. You don't need the cai. You know what.
Speaker 2: The when you say Mexican, that makes more sense for me.
Speaker 4: You know what, We're all the main the white teas.
Speaker 3: All the same animals. You don't know the khakis, so the khakis they were white with the khakis. But yeah, but you're missing a point. If you had money, you could wear Levi's. If you have a lot of money, with gas. So that was khakis is broke. That's the uniform when you broke Levi's a little bit of money now thirty five ninety nine dean gas.
Speaker 2: So what case is going to guess?
Speaker 5: I'm like, I thought, I thought you said, uh, in my mind you said the gap.
Speaker 3: But guess you're right. I guess was the joint right. So that's all the process of the process. I didn't create the process. I didn't create the culture. I'm just telling trying to tell you the truth of it. So, yeah, khakis is what you would wear putting in work. Khakis is I'm selling dope. Right, So I would see my friends and they have a jelly stain over here.
Speaker 4: And because you shouldn't know, yeh man.
Speaker 3: I don't know what a right. So I'm putting this out. I'm pointing this camera. No, wow, who would you know? I'm talking about this guy?
Speaker 2: And you got me here.
Speaker 4: Want to trump drum?
Speaker 3: So look, so the woo wind was.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: If your friend, if you're twelve, if you're thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, your friend stepped in, he's selling dope. You go see your friend. He got on the same outfit. It's the khaki suit, but his white T shirt got stains like a nigga then eight like niggas would sleep in the bush, just like a queen's nigga. But yes, he being outside.
Speaker 2: Literally you're scaring getting his brand up.
Speaker 3: So that would be the thing. So you I would go see my friends. But on the white tea, it gets to tell all your stuff be like, bro, you got coffee sting, got little bloodstain, Like what the fuck are you doing? So that's what would happen. That's why the white tea. The black tea is a better idea. But in LA, that was the culture. I didn't invent ale.
Speaker 2: He's more practical.
Speaker 3: I think you guys are smarter for but that has nothing to do with the price of rights and chin. I don't know, he said, Miami, maybe, I think so. I think Atlanta did it.
Speaker 2: I think Atlanta did too. Let me tell you something real quick.
Speaker 5: As a as a LA transplant to Miami, one of the most protestings that I found out was that two.
Speaker 2: Light Crew was born in l A.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. He just fucked me out.
Speaker 2: You didn't know that never in life. What they were all military guys that were in l A.
Speaker 12: But not though, everyone except except Luke was some crazy fun So you had Mister Mix, Brother Marquise and uh, they were always nice to me and fresh Kid ice from Brother Marquis has records with Icee back in the days, back in the days Dog and they started they started the group together and then Luke brought and saw the vision and then they all made so for me as an l a transplant to Miami like this, this is.
Speaker 2: When you don't cry.
Speaker 3: I was breathing, come yeah.
Speaker 2: In Miami Life. You know that he did this song Miami Life for what soundtrack was it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: The substitute the substitute.
Speaker 2: So so it's funny because in Miami, because I'm here and he made it and I was in the scene, They're like, what the rest guys is doing a song about Miami Life?
Speaker 3: You know? Everybody?
Speaker 2: No, no, the original people.
Speaker 5: Originally people were like who the They were a little not who they knew who you were. They were just a little upset, like why didn't they pick a Miami person for this? But I actually, I don't know if you remember, I actually reached out to you shortly maybe after I don't know how long after, but and we I think so I don't know how whatever drunk memories. But but talk about Miami life, all right? So which is a great song by the way.
Speaker 3: Okay, my biggest issue about soundtracks were especially LA soundtracks.
Speaker 4: So obviously I'm from La.
Speaker 3: I'll be like, where are these other songs from? But but hold on, can I can I exposit you for a second? Sorry?
Speaker 5: Sorry, sorry, because I want to give context. I don't think even no re understands it. So there's a movie called The Substitute, right, remember what's the what's the other movie that came out the l A one, Well was Edward James almost.
Speaker 10: So American, remember yeah, yeah, but American meat is way no, no, but that's not that's not but that's not a high school movie, though stand.
Speaker 4: Delivery was remember the high school movie? It was The Teacher, Right.
Speaker 2: So another movie came out called, uh, the Substitute, which happened in Miami though Carl Gables High Actually okay, I don't know if it was based on true story, but they filmed it in Miami. Actually no, so it was like the other movie with Edward j and then he made and then Lean On Me as well in the same vein.
Speaker 3: But you know, what I mean, the lead single.
Speaker 2: So he made the lead single Miami Life off of that soundtrack of a movie that's based on Miami.
Speaker 4: So can I land?
Speaker 3: So you wasting?
Speaker 4: That was wrapping, was rapping like me people.
Speaker 3: At that that part. That no. So my biggest argument about soundtracks was even if you not from the place, make it sound like you know what I mean, so I'll you know when you ain't nobody and you're just trying to get on. My whole ship was like, if I get a chance to get on something naked about the movie, naked about the place, I mean like, I don't want to hear a soundtrack about me in Mars.
Speaker 4: But the nigga like, oh, I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 3: My whole ship was I got an opportunity and it was called, uh the substitute, But they show you you know what it is. You know what I'm saying. You're gonna see trailers, You're gonna see all the ship. I'm like, well fucking make it about see the actual movie. Uh No, had you been in Miami yet? Mm hmm you have been, Yeah, I had already been. Like your family, no, baby, mama, there's no kids. It's just me having an opportunity. You've been out here, yeah, traveled. I've been with Coolio, like the homie's been up. Bro I noticed she's got a really good memory.
Speaker 4: Smoked weed but he drank, which is weird.
Speaker 2: It has good memory. So I'm very suspicious of you right now. I'm kidding nice Michelle bro RELLI give her another name.
Speaker 3: All of you know, she's gotta kill me.
Speaker 4: Sorry I was, I was talking ship.
Speaker 3: Please don't kill me. You're good, thank you, I appreciate you. Okay, So long stoy short. No, I didn't so my opinions about movies like like the soundtracks didn't match the movie. So I was like, if I ever get a chance, I'm gonna mirror the movie. That was my whole thing. And so when when I got opportunity, the first one I got was the street Fighter soundtrack.
Speaker 2: Street Fighter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the street Fighter soundtrack, the original street Fighter sound He was on my joint. That's how I get my first fucking source quotable.
Speaker 4: I gotta I gotta go back up playing.
Speaker 3: It pitching and no one hit it, which is being severe.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes, yes period.
Speaker 3: But now I'm on the soundtrack. I'm like, but it's in Miami, and I'm like, i've been there, I'm not from there, but let me start learning. Like, I don't want to write some ship and be talking about some ship and talking about the street that don't make another sense to a street. I just want to like because if nothing else honored the place. You know what I'm saying. If this movie is about being in Miami, being in high school or I just came out of high school, I need to understand the best I can about Miami, the best I can, you know what I'm saying in my small experiences, but honor the movie. Honored the place. That's Look, it don't cost you none but a little bit of time to learn. I'd rather do it. So that's why I did it Miami Life. I was just like, really, I called it Miami Vice. I was going back and forth between Miami and La and then the company was like.
Speaker 2: Well, just they said you wanted to name it Miami and La.
Speaker 3: No, I was gonna call it Miami Vice better. But when we made it, I wrote it. I knew people here, I'd been here. I saw the like trailers of the movie. I understood what it was about, and I was thinking about me in high.
Speaker 5: School at homies that were in the in the movie as extras that were real gangsters that played.
Speaker 3: And I just wanted to honor the city, you know what I'm saying, Like I've been here, Like I don't want to be on a funck shit and be something out of town, And like, why is the soundtrack got this nigga from way over here?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Because I think.
Speaker 4: Justice, you did it Justice. I tried my best.
Speaker 3: It was dope. I tried at least I gave a fuck.
Speaker 5: It was dope. I thought it was super dope. I think I mean for hip hop ads. Thank you, we appreciated it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, walk these streets were more heat than a LINESO morning. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Originally when I first was like what this did this? Oh okay?
Speaker 3: It was dope. Yeah, I just wanted again not my home, but I've been here. It's you know, I just wanted to honor the So think about it. It's like it's like a resident life, right, It's like if y'all, if y'all to produce it, let's just take us all us out the equation and just say you're gonna write a movie about a high school in Baltimore. Fuck at least do some research. But I just want to.
Speaker 2: Learn how you said some shit that resonated with us.
Speaker 3: Right, So I just for me, young boy, I'm just like I talked some shit. Then I got challenged like, well, you don't like when these soundtracks don't be sounding like LA soundtracks they giving you Miami. I'm like, well, I got homies there, you know what I mean, Like it's not my home, but let me try my best to at least be true to the movie. I mean, not be true to the people. And I'm a kid, so whatever you're like seventeen, let's be true to the art of the movie and trying to say this stuff, which which is I guess an attempt at narration, not really acting, just narration, Like I'm just trying to narrate, like how many you know, Like I'm watching Rocketson, I'm launching Rocketson's scus and crocking and tubs Anti full of more rum than in my time, and despite high school, I'll be few Like I'm just trying to say, I'm refusing to listen to what the PTA say. Fucking four point o g p A, I gotta gt with the eta of three o'clock so shape the spot like looking and girls in the days you do specific I'm just trying to be extremely and I'm just thinking how I would feel at the time we were younger. So I'm like five years back, but if I was in high school and I'm man like, fuck these people, you know, but trying to honor. I think that's part of writing, is like I'm not fifteen anymore, I'm not twenty, but sometimes you feel we're humans. I'm sure you can remember you look at your kids and turn into your fifteen year old. You see yourself and your child like my apartment.
Speaker 4: For cutting you off?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Dapell, just use your song and love you. Thank you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Bring that up?
Speaker 3: Man, Yes, sir off the album.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir so new album. So you get that problem?
Speaker 3: I got problems? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You get that rest to man, because that's not you don't have distribution, right, this is fully.
Speaker 3: Independent, totally independent. So al go straight therect of you. How that's that's pretty dope that song? How do you feel?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Brown Humble okay, super humble so made the record. I'm gonna i doom scroll. I ain't gonna lie I'll be watching ship. I end up watching like Pandas and ship. I mean like like, oh my god, the planets are amazing. They are the they are. So I was doom scrolling one time. I come across the ship about these lions in South Africa. Booms squirrel.
Speaker 4: I didn't catch.
Speaker 3: That's what Okay, okay, I mean.
Speaker 4: You know, God, yet it was called binge watching.
Speaker 3: No, I mean that is.
Speaker 2: Modern day dreams.
Speaker 3: Boom scroll. I was doing, like when you watch the whole Sopranos in one sitting. That's binging. That's binge watching. This is when you scroll any other platforms or whatever, any other platform doom scroll because evisually it's gonna be something. You're gonna die, the alien is gonna get you whatever. So I think that's why they call it doom scroll. Anyway, I was watching, so are gonna die? Can it come? No?
Speaker 2: Not you?
Speaker 3: I was saying, that's what the things say. You know, I talking to my little lovely boys, l A, okay, we get nice before the emol comes out. Yeah, So I don't think it's gonna kill me. But what I don't know? Who is crazy? So go having no.
Speaker 2: You knew what I was I feel like he just became you and you became him.
Speaker 4: I don't know what happened right now, bro, I get it this y'all go, y'all seek with l A B.
Speaker 3: Me catching. I'll take it. That is what happened. I do not want to smoke.
Speaker 4: So what do you get when you when you get that call?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: Dave Chappelle?
Speaker 2: See you see right?
Speaker 3: You just went wild? Right now?
Speaker 2: You went crazy?
Speaker 5: Bro, Dave Chappelle, go stay focused, rass cast stay focused.
Speaker 3: Oh ship, that's gonna be a clip right all right?
Speaker 4: No ears, how goes?
Speaker 3: Now? So cool things just dune scrolling, come across this thing. I think it's super interesting. I get very inspired. It's about these lions. They basically react differently than all lines have ever reacted because basically, what happens in most mammals, which even in the world we live in, and informs the thought of my head. So what happens with most I'm telling you squirrels, moose, mammals way deeper than this. I'm a smart nigga. Never get it fucked up smart. No, it's not weird, so so bar real quick. So most animals, if if there animals, most mammals. Oh, mammals, mammals him to murder the children of the bitch they want.
Speaker 2: Therefore, des Chappelle, I.
Speaker 3: Will, I'll get there. I love him. I'll make this fast. So it becomes Who's loud? No, don't worry about it's Milly and bores.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you watch it, Okay, So love hip hop, so long story stort.
Speaker 3: I was watching Love and hip Hop and then I doom scrolled into the lines. The point of the lines is that they behave differently. So I made a song out out of it, and then I couldn't finish it. The Eventually, uh Tupac's brother hits me and it's like, I heard this record you made, because it's the story is about six brothers. I couldn't get everybody I wanted. I had like Mopreme, like o'clock whatever. So we get the record together, put the record out, give it out for free. Fast forward like a month and a half. I get a call basically from Chappelle's no, not basically from his exec producer who used to work your priority, And she's like that, where was Chappelle? Yeah, his exact producer. I hadn't seen her in fucking fifteen years, I get a DM on the ground. I heard somebody had hit me like, Yo, Schappelle came out to your shit like this thing I put out like a month like he was already doing it in his shows. No, he came out one night like I put out the record two months. A month and a half later, somebody text me like, bro, I was in DC. Chappelle came out to your record. Out of one hundred thousand people, it was like, Bro, he came out to get ship. I'm like, that's super cool, blessing, which is cool.
Speaker 2: That's just not the life show that aired. That is it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 10: That is it?
Speaker 2: So you already knew they gave you the heads up?
Speaker 3: Oh No. What I think is he comes out to everything. Who cares? Oh you didn't know? No niggas come out to doom Doom doom, who cares. I mean, I'm like telling him, I said thanks. What I'm saying like, I wasn't there. That was in DC, bro, just.
Speaker 2: So you didn't know that was going to be that? Of course not.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're all aware of each other. We say thank you, so it's not a big deal to me. I'm just like, hey, man, that's just tell him. I said, thanks, it's dope. He came out at his home. He from DC something like that the special was going to do that. No, not at all.
Speaker 2: You didn't know that was a special.
Speaker 3: Nobody know what I'm saying. Nobody knew it. So apparently it resonated with Bro the whole line ship. That's why he showed it the way he showed it. So we got the Netflix special. Great bad, great opportunity. I was able to watch it with everything with him. Yeah, he brought me out to kick with him.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 3: No, No, he ain't Beverly Hills. You know what I'm saying, Like, sorry, buddy, See this is when the West goes wrong. You're my big brother. Don't attack me. No, that that was it. So it was really cool, man. It just came out like genuinely, you gotta sit here. It don't count. Yeah, you definitely didn't sit that. You had to control rest control you.
Speaker 4: It's not a big. One of the last things before we leave, are we are we done?
Speaker 2: We're almost done. We're about to be done. Yes, about to be done. We did three hours, but we we rocked and roll. Buddy, Oh my god, listen, listen.
Speaker 5: I want to pay all missed homie Da Vinci, Miami producers, that that that that past, that work with you and uh, can you just get some words from Da Vinci please my family to appreciate, love.
Speaker 10: To so.
Speaker 3: And like I said, I wouldn't wherever the fuck is talking? She shut out. I knew it was you. No man, thank you, don't talk. Thank you? Okay, So my my journeys with you, I'd be remiss if I didn't shout out our journey of course, friendship. I don't have a regret. And uh on you well, no funnies, but you can make fun of me. I love you and I really appreciate you. And I'm so many great brothers here and I remember like even us going to go like getting the deal and going to k Town and everything, and so you know, those are the things that are true. So with Da Vinci, he knew Resenthage before they wrapped your kids. They were there recording with Da Vinci. Wow, so so so the coast contra the contradictory coasts, they were there. They were there, they were they were there even with real facts or facts. I'm not here to try to do magical stories about what then for my sons and this journey like Da Vinci, Uh, we were working on a record.
Speaker 2: Did you connect with Chip? I'm gonna say this, yeah yeah I did. Yeah good, Yeah, yeah, you guys gonna work.
Speaker 3: On those records. Yeah yeah yeah. And his mom and come on, man.
Speaker 2: His mom, their family wants his music to be out there.
Speaker 3: His mom and Chip. So Chip will get that done again.
Speaker 2: And I want to just say something really quick. Da Vinci worked a lot with with Dyla, with Jay Dilla's family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I and so and that we would be were missed. So I with with my dudes with tone like it's all family. I let them know where I stand. And that's what love is, because you know, people trying to get in because it's cool to hang out with people. It's not the same thing as like loving people. So still my brother. I was talking to the Vinci, which is you know, provable. I was working on a record. I was trying to get him like fix this hook. I was like, bro, I ain't got the hook. I got a song from five years ago when I was in a different space called I Just want to Forget It All that he made with his own boy. I'll play it for you and I still want to put it out. It's crazy, but what I like is the love and I want everything going right to where it should go. Give it to the family and how we build each other, because at the end of the day we will end up on the wall. And one thing, you can't take it all out and you hope to end up on the wall. I don't want to end up in the ground. See if you end up in the ground with nobody stepping on your fucking bones after your families, then what was your blood line about? I want to I want in on the wall, not for my vanity, for my family's hard work. That's why you do this. So long lived dream, Champs, long live. Let me ask you one more question.
Speaker 1: I heard you say earlier that she was in New York with a white tea and a Rolex. And then I've seen you a couple of interviews and you had a cardier on and now you've got a big boy in Naughtilus.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: That's the roads go right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are you a protect Yeah? That's protect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a big watch guy. Not really, I'm just kidding. I'm a k I just like ship.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'd be like what is that I want want?
Speaker 3: I want them boys. My card game is one thing. My watch game is. I don't even like so even this, I designed it. I wanted DP. I want to give it Like Kendrick, if you're born and raised in l A, I want him bef.
Speaker 4: Why why why are you l A racist?
Speaker 3: Right now? I'm not being l A racist. I'm just saying, like, I'll do it for New York. I want to create your state.
Speaker 4: So so what that says l A on it? No, it's just okay, Californian.
Speaker 3: It's the state of California, right. I want to go New York to Florida. I want to like, I want to be like a good first one represent your ship. You know what? Can I think it'll be away, Like I want to make him beef, but it was my idea. I finally built son. Like I'm from California, I'm born and raised. My mama from Louisiana, my daddy from Arkansas. I'm from LA. I'm just trying to build something. I want to bef and I want to have enough money to bless niggas. You know what I mean? Like I love to color here and like be up and just you know what I mean you you being from Queens, make your queen ship, make your city ship go up.
Speaker 4: No, that's that's a that's a dope idea. I didn't realize that.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's Kelly LANs nigga. I made that. I be remiss. He's king. I know you know me sometimes I have fun. Let's see, ye have oneother drink? I know I want one.
Speaker 4: Michelle shouldn't know me, You.
Speaker 1: Bother hilarious love me?
Speaker 3: You know me? Let me dick.
Speaker 4: Come on, bro, oh ship, forget.
Speaker 3: That. You take another drink. You know he knows so many dirtier things about me.
Speaker 2: That is I don't even know. Holy some weird some weird morning you.
Speaker 3: Know all you know all emails quit about me?
Speaker 1: Is anything you think we gotta say anything before?
Speaker 3: For okay, it's like Michael Ring.
Speaker 4: Okay, what the bunk was that word?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Listen, no real quick, real quick, bang on me.
Speaker 3: No like I'm trying to create.
Speaker 2: A serious ship, serious ship.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: First of all, thank you, bro, because you got on my album, you got on my mixtapes.
Speaker 3: I never liked you.
Speaker 2: I never like that makes me thank you.
Speaker 3: That we wouldn't be here today if artists didn't believe.
Speaker 2: In what I was doing and mess with me and man, obviously this is the biggest example of it now yea, and now come on the ring like you've been brilliant. I was.
Speaker 3: I was before, so I knew him before they even stepped in in brilliance and that's dope. It's just that's what it takes.
Speaker 4: It takes us, James, honestly.
Speaker 2: So all's well, thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to talk about your fetish with midgets or or or or spipe well.
Speaker 3: Here, I'm going to see this is where you gets weak.
Speaker 4: But watch out.
Speaker 3: That's not all.
Speaker 4: Watch out.
Speaker 2: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d J E f N. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcast. Yes, thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by yours truly, DJ E f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials. That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real noriegon Ig at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is at Who's crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to Drinkchamps dot com