Speaker 1: Hey everyone. Before we get into this episode, we wanted to give you a heads up.
Speaker 2: We will be discussing storylines related to sexual assault. The conversation may contain details that some listeners may find distressing or triggering.
Speaker 1: Your well being is so important to us, so please take care while listening. And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to you, And that's what you really missed podcast, Season four, episode twenty. You heard that right, twenty. We're almost happy before twenty. How does that even happen? This is called lights Out.
Speaker 2: The original air date was April twenty fifth, two thousand and thirteen. And Jenna, on the day that we're recording.
Speaker 1: This, it's our anniversary.
Speaker 2: It's our friend anniversary, the day we met sixteen years ago. So I'm glad you remembered.
Speaker 1: It's a momentous occasion. It's also crazy that our anniversary is this in sixteen years, since I'm I'm only eighteen, So I mean.
Speaker 2: I know, in my whole life, I remember when you were just a baby, a fetus.
Speaker 1: Okay, So in the news number one song was When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars again.
Speaker 2: Classic number one movie was Oblivion.
Speaker 1: I loved this movie, you did, I've mar seen it.
Speaker 2: I love a sci fi moment. I do too. I'm surprised beautiful looking too, It's really beautiful.
Speaker 1: I'll check this one out.
Speaker 2: You should watch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I will for sure. Glee News this Week. On April twenty seven and twenty thirteen, the cast and Creakley celebrated wrapping their fourth season at the Season four Rap Party. And this one was seven to twelve a m private area upstairs. I don't quite remember which one this one was, but it was. Was it Hollywood in Highland?
Speaker 2: No, that was early. It was like season one or two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, Okay, anyway, we had a Glee rap party. It was the day before mine and Harry's birthday. And that's about it. That's all we remember. The parties like start to meld, to get all the parties.
Speaker 2: I feel like I missed so many too that I don't really know. I don't know why I missed them. Like we got off, like we we were done, and so we would just like to disappear vacation. That's exactly right, that's right. This was Georgia by Paris Barklay, our friend pres Barkley. I'll never forget it because I always remembered him lighting the choir room when the lights first go out, really when we had the flashlights. Yeah, and I'll never forget Paris. Wasn't there with his flashlight talking to us?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah he was? Wow, I remember that. Yeah, it was very fun. He was also so gigly. He is just like the biggest kid, and he some of the most serious storylines and episodes that he's directed previously, and then in this the premise itself is so silly. Yes, the light's going out that he was and we're like, how are we going to shoot? This was just lit by flashlights, and so he was so giggly and just like having fun the whole thing. I don't know, it's not that serious. Let's figure it out. Sure that works? Which is so much fun.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: S JP is back, I mean heaven, thank god. Yeah, I mean, more of her.
Speaker 1: Have her own show. Wouldn't that be a concept.
Speaker 2: And there's also little versions of Rachel Santana and Kurt very so sweet gut punch. Emotionally, there's a lot of songs in this episode. You've lost that love and Feeling sung by the new directions Everybody Hurts by writer We Will Rock You by new directions, Little Girls by Sue.
Speaker 1: Oh my Gosh, and at the Ballet by Isabelle Hurt Rachel and Santana's.
Speaker 2: Have you heard the Barber streisand version of it?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's all I mean, this version, this song itself is so iconic. And then you get a Barber version, I mean you get in so many versions, and then we get this version, which is beautiful? Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: It really is? And then Longest Time by the new directions.
Speaker 1: So Santana mentions Run Joey Run from season one and this and this is the third time this song is mentioned, the first time being in Laryngitis and the second one in prom Queen. They just want to haunt my dreams.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love the show referencing itself because we know how memorable Run Joey Run was. There was a cut scene between Blaine and Becky where Blaine worries about Becky and tries to find out what happened with her, and Sue, interesting, Yeah, because you do wonder what happened. They set up that storyline last episode and they don't really get anything. Well, we start to see something. Becky talks to Figgins for a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, doesn't she Yeah, that's right. Finn originally appeared in the Blaine Becky Sue storyline in this episode, but obviously due to Corey's absence for the rest of this episode, these scenes were rewritten and reshot, which we did not do often was reshoot.
Speaker 2: No writer sings in every new direction song in this episode.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, big stories for him. This episode was submitted for consideration of Sarah Jisica Parker for the twenty thirteen Emmy's As It Should.
Speaker 2: When listing people coming to New York City Ballet Gala, Isabelle mentions Darren and Christopher, a reference to Darren and Chris.
Speaker 1: Or Darren Chris maybe. Ryan revealed on Twitter that at the ballet was Sarah Jessica Parker's idea. Yeah, sheute.
Speaker 2: I think it's great. I also do love how it's their ode, sort of like the Metcala. Yeah, the biggest event of the year. Jane performed Little Girls from the musical Annie, and Ryan picked the song in honor of Jane making her Broadway debut in Annie in May of twenty thirteen playing Miss Hanagan and the role, the role that sings that song. We went and saw her with christ and chennow with.
Speaker 1: We did go to we have to talk about that and Jessica Sanchez the running up on season eleven American I don't meet her acting debut in this episode is Freedom Romero and we'll see a little bit more of her.
Speaker 2: What a voice?
Speaker 1: I mean, what everse since she's so tiny?
Speaker 2: Okay, so Jenna this episode?
Speaker 1: Wait, Kevin, wait what we went? What we have to talk about seeing Jane in Annie?
Speaker 2: Okay? Great? I brought my friend James and Kristin Chenowith was there. And why were we all there? I don't know. Actually I have no idea why we were all in New York.
Speaker 1: I feel like we were there for something. Either we were shooting something or or maybe maybe and we all decided somebody plan for us to go see Jane, probably Megan. The show is still very popular at this time, but it's Jane's Broadway debut if I'm correct, And of course we want to see Jane on Broadway. Do little Miss hand again. So there's a big group of us that go to see this. Now in any setting where there's more than two of us, which we've talked about before. Generally you get recognized and generally people start to freak out. There was about ten of us. It was so chaotic. I remember they had to take us backstage at intermission to sit in the stage manager's office because we were getting so bombarded. Yes, and like the show wasn't going to be able to start on time, right, That.
Speaker 2: Was very nice they took care of us. That was really nice of them to sort of rescue.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Literally, they're very kind. But we did get to see her and she was absolutely amazing. It was I understand why you were saying though, like you're nervous for your friends on stage, because I was like, I remember being like so nervous for her, but like, there's no reason to me. She was absolutely stunning and you're born to play that role, you know.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's like you just especially because it's it's theater, it's live, and I never seen it. I obviously know she's brilliant, Yeah, but I never seen on a stage in that way. And you're like, I hope, yeah, I know, I know, Okay, same when I saw you, like, I just never seen you do theater before, so I was worried.
Speaker 1: I know, I get it, and then I get it. Was because you're nervous. No, just kidding. It's fine.
Speaker 2: It was so good. She was so good. That was so much fun.
Speaker 1: That was really fun. We were there for upfronts. It was upfronts. Okay, in and out, but we decided to go see her. It's not also when I auditioned or into the woods, into the woods, it might have been. This might have been that trip that tracks with timing twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: That was an amazing trip. I had this incredible I remember the hotel room Fox had me in. Oh yeah, jess Meyer was also in town.
Speaker 1: Which hotel? Did you stand?
Speaker 2: The Mandarin, Oriental and Columbus Circle.
Speaker 1: The time Warner Building. That's right, unbelievable. Yes, that was the trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: This was when I launched my book. Oh was it also that there was my book tour when you came to visit you guys all came to my little event that Will had. Yeah, okay, this was a really good trip.
Speaker 2: It was a great trip.
Speaker 1: Good memories. Okay, yes, okay, back to the episode. Okay, sorry episode summary please, no, this is all great.
Speaker 2: When the power goes out of McKinley High. Will enlist the members of the New Directions to unplug and perform acous numbers. Meanwhile, Isabelle Right asks Kurt to volunteer at the Vogue dot Com charity event with Rachel and Santana in tow So fun. So the power we're in, we're at school. The power goes out at McKinley, and Will immediately inspired. He has inspired to keep going. Also, if this was in real life, wouldn't the school like shut down for the day, Like everybody just gets sent home.
Speaker 1: I was literally thinking that. I was like, in no world would they keep kids at school? It's a safety hazard while the power goes out.
Speaker 2: And everybody's like learning numbers really quickly or these are things that they just have and you know they can do off the dome like they're ready.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, the whole thing was. Will had an assignment actually for once coming in that we are like, you know, bigger than life, you know, big numbers, and then all of a sudden, the power goes out and he's inspired by the moment as he normally the one time he has a lesson plan and here we are doing unplugged, which is very different.
Speaker 2: Arty cannot handle it melt down without his sense. I was also bummed because Artie says, I can't do Miguel without my sense, and I was really excited to do a Miguel's song.
Speaker 1: And you didn't get to It's like this feels like a tease. Oh my gosh, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Though we lose power and all these people performed songs and shooting it, Like we mentioned, we were really like practically using just these flashlights. So like I had that headlamp on, but I had to look at certain people at certain times so people would be lit.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny. There were like a couple of underchair lights that I remember them like underlighting us.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 1: But we really were in the dark. It's very calm, and it.
Speaker 2: Made everybody, you know, in the dark, like everybody's like quieter. Yeah, it was. It was really peaceful to shoot all of this. It was really nice.
Speaker 1: We had like acoustic like being like you know, serenaded by like cord on the guitar and like you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah those also like those numbers so like the writer and Sam numbers are really beautiful. They sound so good.
Speaker 1: A writer has a lot of numbers in this song, like obviously sings in a ring new direction song in this episode, and he's also had a bunch of solos in the past few episodes.
Speaker 2: Really has a big storyline this episode.
Speaker 1: He has a very strong in this episode.
Speaker 2: And that's that's sort of the The big thing that's happening amongst the new directions is Writer. The catfish storyline is back, trying to figure out who's catfishing, who's catfishing catfishing the catfish or is not giving it away. And then when Sam performs, and when Artie has his little meltdown, Sam is opening up about like this is not that tough, just because we don't have electricity right now, things are worse. He's wearing his hard in his sleeve. And then encourages Ryder to do the same thing with McKinley because like you're and like kitties doing the same thing, like you are putting all the eggs in this mysterious basket of this person you don't know. And so then that's when Writer comes back and performs. Also just an aside here practically speaking, yeah, I know that Glee Club is supposed to happen after school. It's like an extracurricular but in this episode, it is fully like the only class they're taking that day, like they are the.
Speaker 1: Only class we ever take in school. It is the only class we go to.
Speaker 2: Because they're leaving having sidebars outside of it, and then coming back and leaving and coming back right, they're.
Speaker 1: All just well, just canceled. We're all locked inside. That's basically it.
Speaker 2: It's like a reverse snow day.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, Amy Roboch here along with TJ Holmes, and we have a very exciting announcement to make to all of you.
Speaker 4: We are expanding. We are now going to be coming to you Monday through Friday for a new part of our Amy and TJ franchise, if you will, the Morning Run. We're going to help listeners navigate the busy news cycle and the historic political season that the country is facing. And we're going to do this now each and every day.
Speaker 3: Wow, we have a news franchise now, like the way you put that, We're going to be covering all the latest news headlines for all of you. We'll have entertainment updates and we'll even give some perspective on the current events that are happening. Right now. And this, by the way, is in addition to our already established by weekly podcast that we hope you guys are tuning into as well, with more in depth conversations and interviews. So we're gonna be with you Monday through Friday with Morning Run. Listen to Morning Run on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 2: Writer comes back and performs this song, which leads to the storyline one of the craziest things I feel like the show has ever done. I agree now, and not in a good way.
Speaker 1: No, I'm curious to hear how people fans think about this storyline all in its entirety, because, like a writer's a lot going on, Like are we're just gonna We're just gonna throw this in there like it's something else, do you know what I mean? Like, this is not a storyline that should be taken lightly, that should pass over in one episode. I do appreciate people coming forward and living there, speaking their truths, like Kitty, you know, and Rider having that very sweet moment of understanding together. After this scene, I find that we're it's like everything under the kitchen sink a little bit right now, with Rider, and I'm just I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by his like the dyslexia and the catfish and the sexual assaulids. It just feels like, maybe we just pick one and go with that one for a while. It's it's a lot, it's a lot, and none of them should be taken lately, so you know what I mean. I just feel like we just we should have picked and chosen one. But that's not the craziest part. The craziest part is and I think I forgot about this, and I don't. I'm curious to hear your experience on this because the response that the guys have, specifically already and Sam have two Rider's confession is so tragic and awful and tone deaf and just so bad. I's do you remember this? Do you remember having that experience and that response to it? Did you and what did you do about it? Did you do anything about it? Because I don't remember it being that bad, but like washing it, I was like, this is really bad.
Speaker 5: Poor.
Speaker 2: I remember it very clearly and felt then how I feel now and how you feel now? Okay, And we all talked about it. You know, you rehearse the scene with Paris from part of the crew and you do it, and I just remember we were all like, oh my god, like Paris, this is like, I know, we just got to get through it, because I get I guess for story purposes to have like the contrariant or like to have the person who says like this the crazy thing in response, right, like it's drama for the television too, because I'm sure people do respond like that in real life, and so to have that voice, I just think there were two of them, and then one of them is the person who encouraged writer to speak up and be vulnerable in the first place, right, And it felt really out of character. I don't know. Arty has said some suspect things in the past. Yes, we know this, so maybe it's more in character for Artie to say that than Sam. But it just felt like I felt bad doing it.
Speaker 1: M I understand why. I understand why.
Speaker 2: And you're like looking at Blake doing the scene and you have to say this, and after every take I remember we were just like ugh, we were almost disgusted by like what was happening, and we didn't shoot it many times.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I remember this now, like sitting there like it was pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Yes, I remember like getting up and walking around in between takes. It just felt like because you're doing so obviously, this is only one scene. And when people play characters who do really horrible things and they have to do that for months on end or years on end, yeah, you could see how it could take a toll where like this was one scene and our characters say like one or two horrible things, and it already like irked me, no, because it's also weird to know that this is being recorded and like filmed and it's going to go out in front of millions of people I know.
Speaker 1: And once again it's like you didn't write it, you're not responsible for it. But there are times in which characters will or sorry, actor, we'll speak up in advocacy for their characters. Now, I don't know that this was specifically the time to do this. I'm just saying like sometimes people choose to do that. Yeah, No, I think it was just like, yeah, this already this kid is just being terrible yea. Yeah, he's saying a really stupid immature thing. Yeah, for sure needs to get corrected. And like Tina Yah speaks up and corrects the situation. But it's like, I mean, yeah, I understand, yeah, you know. Yeah, and so it's like, sure, I'm going to do the part. I'm not going to sit there and be like any want to do this? No, no, of course, but it's I agree with you. It's tough to sometimes stomach those moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah I felt dirty, Yeah, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the boys have a very specific response, but Rider does come out and admit that he was assaulted by his babysitter, his female babysitter, and then he and Kitty have a very nice scenehere. Kitty admits that she was also assaulted at a sleepover, which they kind of bond, which was really nice.
Speaker 2: And these stories felt really realistic and grounded totally.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've heard similar stories.
Speaker 2: And I thought Becca's. I thought both their performances were great, very good. Yes, And I thought Becca, like Bereca brought to her story as Kitty, was also like really special. Yeah, because it was still like through the lens of I'm outspoken, I speak directly and bluntly, but like here's the deal. Yeah, on like an artistic level, it's nice to see, like, you know, your friends have like these really exceptional moments and showing their abilities and skills, but she's still giving them shit for like why aren't we dating? Like why are you wasting your time with this person who is not showing up? Because you're projecting all the things you want it to be, you know, And she's like, I'm right here.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Interesting. Another note that the I thought it was an interesting choice to come to use those flashbacks and everybody hurts, Yes, I forgot about those completely.
Speaker 2: I did too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure it resonated with me the way I think they had hoped it would. Like sexual sexual assault is such a different level, and obviously the bullying and the slushing and people really feeling very vulnerable in school or attacked in some way. But I was like, me, could have done without it. Yeah, it kind of feels like a uh, let's fill this equivalent, let's fill this Yeah, yeah, let's fill this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know anyway, Just being honest, some of these moments in this episode, we're like, Okay, you do the best you can with what you have, you know, right, tell me about Sue Kevin.
Speaker 2: Sue is journaling again, God, yeah, and she's teaching her own workout fitness class, Sue ninety X and Blaine shows up and they have a really funny interaction. I love them together. They have great chemistry, and he admits that he was going to he was setting up for her demise from the inside, which she appreciated, which again I love. I love what an evil character respects when other people are plotting and doing evil things, even if it's against them. Yes, like good game is good game? Yeah, like whatever's right? And she shows up like you know, saying that come back, we need your roses being weird with Becky. Becky hasn't been the same without you. Then Sue on the bleachers, Becky walking up in the exact same outfit is so good, and Becky confirming that Roz is being insane, and we get a couple of some of the most unhinged ros lines this episode, like just when you think she's on one, just wait, And I also love that they cut to they like whip pan, which is the whole thing is called like the whip right, yep, And they whipped to another scene like since the pilot that was a staple of how Glee is filmed. You whip and you whip to the scene of Roz and Becky's face, and then I love They whip back and Sue is referencing the scene that she did not see take place. Obviously, Becky has told her what's happened, but I just I love when that happens. And then Sue goes into which I think is one of the most hilarious settings and premises for a number. Ugly goes into Little Girls while the like in the bleachers while the cheers are dancing to something with a very different beat.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: The thing that we also did forget to mention is we will rock you. First, I had forgotten what we did. And when we shot this, I was like, listen, I was watching it, and I was like, was I there? And then I very vividly remembered.
Speaker 2: Shooting it because I think we shot this very quickly. We did.
Speaker 1: But you remember the tap number in the middle that they did. Oh yeah, so there's this like floor if you go back and look, that's like tin boiler or something. Yes, and Jacob and Melissa and maybe Heather, we're all given like a moment. Maybe it was just in rehearsal and that's why, or we shot it that they were tapping on it like we were using obviously all the things on the stage to make the sounds of the song. It felt very isolated in the moment it so flashed.
Speaker 2: Over in the Yes, I think it was in the product like a thing specifically built for and shot like specifically like isolated. It felt like a much bigger thing. Yes, okay, but we shot all of that so quickly because I also think it was like there's only so much you could do. The lighting is how the lighting is. Yeah, And also Paris had done so many episodes at this point he knew what to do and also a master of shooting within the group on the auditorium stage, like he basically invented how to do that on Glee correct, you know, like the free form sort of rock out, even though this was a little less free form. But it was also very exciting to get to do a queen again.
Speaker 1: I mean always.
Speaker 2: I just remember though, like overall, because we were in the dark so much, I was falling sleep all the time.
Speaker 1: I feel the same.
Speaker 2: I was like sleeping through this whole episode, yes, like during the choir of numbers and you're just watching like it is candlelight. I can't stay awake.
Speaker 1: So when I mentioned that there was everybody hurts and they were flashbacks. I actually just found a picture. It wasn't a flashback. I got slushy it again. Oh right, they were like fake flashbacks. They were fake flashbacks in which I then had to recreate those flashbacks and get slushy in the showers. And this was a bad one because I was kind of naked already. I have the video of it too. Actually, I feel like I remember when they shot it. I feel like, did we It was like, come on, you, Glani's were we setting up something in another place? And you guys did very fast. That's right. This whole episode was.
Speaker 2: Like God because we were towards the end of the season where we're behind, we had to finish by a certain date, and it's like Paris can do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, if there's anybody who's gonna do his Paris. But still it felt like entirely too rushed the whole thing very fast, the blob and then Becky eventually comes clean to figure it's about what happened during the shooting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we haven't discovered what the fallout will be from that exactly.
Speaker 6: Jenny Garth, Jana Kramer, Amy Roeboch and TJ. Holmes bring you I Do Part two, a one of a kind experiment in podcasting to help you find love again. If you didn't get it right the first time, it's time to try try again, as they guide you through this podcast experiment in dating.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm Jana Kramer. As they say, those that cannot do teach. Actually, I think I finally got it right. So take the failures I've had the second or even third whatever, maybe the fourth time around.
Speaker 7: I'm Jenny Garth. Twenty nine years ago, Kelly Taylor said these words, I choose me. She made her choice. She chose herself when it comes to life, choose you first.
Speaker 1: Hi, everyone, I'm Amy Robots and I'm TJ.
Speaker 4: Holmes, and we are well not necessarily relationship experts, if you're ready to dive back into the dating pool and find lasting love.
Speaker 2: Finally, we want to help.
Speaker 5: Listen to I Do Part two starting September nineteenth on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: And then we have New York Happening, which I love, you know, I love when the friends are poning and the other friend to be like, look, you need to get your life together. Santana, We're worried about you. I also, you know, the episode started with Ian doing the voiceover of saying Santana moved into the loft. She has no bedroom and no job, no direction. So it starts off, you know, with that setup of what is Santana doing because obviously she's so talented and and it sort of feels like of talking to themselves, like what are we doing with the character Santana?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we got her in New York.
Speaker 2: What can we do with her? And s JP is back and has this really great scene with Chris, and she's still like the best boss, so supportive, Like you know, he's saying, I'm in Niata. I thought you guysod fired me. And she's like, no, no, it's fine, but I do need you to be the celebrity wrangler for the biggest social event of the year.
Speaker 1: That's the ballet. Meanwhile, you had mentioned that Santana they is like trying to figure out what she's going to do with her life, and she's like, I know where I'm going to do with my life. I just to figure it out, right. So Kurt is very excited to enlist his friends obviously to work at the New York City Ballet gala and they're going to be wrangling celebrities. Rachel's going to help. Santana's not that interested, but she comes along and admits that she's been neglecting her love advance, which is kind of funny because we've never known Sinton to be a dancer, But I buy it for this episode.
Speaker 2: I thought it was so funny. It was like, this is wild, like a Santana being a ballerina shirt great.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 1: Obviously that leads us into the most gorgeous shot number of the episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of this just to get to at the ballet.
Speaker 1: They sound wonderful. They're storytelling at its finest. They look a plus plus. They look great, and we get the light number. Oh my gosh, that's right. We do get the full number. You have to and you give Sjp what she wants.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: The light choreo was so beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's perfect.
Speaker 2: It's so so good. I mean, they all sound so good. Those harmonies at the end when Leah and Naya are just like belting high, one higher than the other, and it's isn't this song normally? Is it normally spend a three parts?
Speaker 1: It's three. Yeah, yes, it worked perfectly and hearing s JP singoar was great. I love this number. I don't think I appreciated this number as much when it first was saved, but I'm appreciating it a lot.
Speaker 2: It's one of those moments I don't know, I'm reminded of, like it's crazy that we could do this on TV. Yeah with sarg Yeah, Like it's so special and rare, and it's done in such a high level, right, you have like four of the most talented people plus some of the most talented crew and the world making this beautiful thing happen, and it's so nice. It's also like unabashedly musical theater, nerdy and queer and all of these things on primetime Fox TV again, you know, week after week, and like when is at the Ballet going to be on Fox or network television at all?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 1: And people are going to be exposed to that kind of the music in the art.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's like even if people don't know what show it's from, whether that's from a show or that it's a very famous musical theater song, it's still just a wonderful performance and they're getting exposed to this song.
Speaker 1: And exactly, yeah, that is kind of the episode we do do the Longest Time at the end, which I was like, oh, a Billy Joel song and not a Billy Joel themed episode, but you know me and my billy I'll take it.
Speaker 2: I loved Longest Time, did you? I loved doing Longest Time. It was like one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I love singing it. I loved performing it, Oh, because if we were all out of our mind. I think when you spend like a week in the dark and then we're all in the light and performing the song and it's all capella and we're acting crazy. Everyone's normally when you're doing backgrounds, you're singing like words, mouthing words. We were doing all these different harmonies and oohs and ohs at different moments. It was challenging, so we all had to actually really learn it this time. And Melissa, I just remember her if you watch her at the very end when she's doing her ad libs and she has her arms out, she's doing the damn she's doing the full mump dance because she thought she sounded so insane. She's like, She's like, I just come out of nowhere and I'm like time, and so she took it seriously and it's just and it made me giggle so much, and I was like, Kevin, get it together, because me on screen was just looking at her and laughing, Oh my gosh, because she I like that joy was was what we were all contagious and we loved it. Yeah. I had a really good time shooting this episode.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. I did too.
Speaker 2: It's nice to break it up with something different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure. It just it does feel very rush in my memory, like, yeah, everything very very quick. Let's rate some numbers. Great, so you've lost that love and feeling A yeah, I mean it's great. It's solid A A everybody hurts an yeah, I great, A minus we will rock you B plus B plus yep, I agree, Little Girls, Our Fairy ex close at the Ballet A plus plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the all the pluses.
Speaker 1: Longest time. What are you going to give it, Kevin?
Speaker 2: Uh, just for my personal joy, I'd give it an A plus, give it an A. I'll give it an A. At the ballet is like a plaus ps psst plus.
Speaker 1: Make sure so long as time is Yeah, I guess I listened to it, I like it and crating it's not one of my favorite Billies songs. Is maybe why I don't like I'm not as attached to it. But okay, that's fair. That's an average day, I think, hey minus maybe Yeah, Okay, let's do some tarty takes. You know, I think we're getting ready for the finale, and so this is kind of like it was fun to switch it up. There's some stuff that happens, but like really just waiting in the water for full last next two episodes. Okay, some tarty takes. Let's do cringe moments. I mean, obviously, Sam and Artie's reaction to writers confession is yesinge.
Speaker 2: That and paired with Roz continually calling Becky Sue's adult baby fair best dance move. Oh there was some nice dancing. The tap that we both forgot happened.
Speaker 1: Right, Jake, I'm doing tab the Sioux Dancer size of class with Darren.
Speaker 2: And longest time was cute. Like the partner stuff was really cute.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 1: So let's just say I'd like to say the tap because it never happens. That's true. We love a tap moment. Best song at the Ballet at the ballet, the ballet. Best performance by a prop. I think you're your head helmet, the.
Speaker 2: Helmet and the headlamp. Yeah, and all of we will rock you, all of those instruments, like the garbage cans. I was literally like, what to do.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna swipe this pole against all the things on the But.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of this episode, honestly, was that because we were in shadows and the dark, you can sort of do it. Also, like I got to be on my phone for all of chords and I'm which I was like, this is I'm like, I'm just chilling. I don't do anything.
Speaker 1: Best line Okay, well the callback to run Joey Run. There we could do best worst line Santana. All Right, you know what, Rachel, if you're still obsessing over what you're gonna sing at your funny girl callback, maybe may I suggest your best gam ever run Joey Run. I do love that line.
Speaker 2: I loved and the lights first go out, Sam goes Zombie Apocalypse and Unique goes or Beyonce's halftime. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: Performance. MVP.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: There were a lot of good performances in this episode. To be honest, there were.
Speaker 2: I probably Blake. Blake had a lot to do, he did, he heard a lot, and Becca had some nice moments and I had some nice moments, Yeah for sure. But you know, thank you Paris for another great experience.
Speaker 1: Always always just a joy.
Speaker 2: And you know when you have to do those like sensitive, uncomfortable things, Paris sets you at ease, and it's just like, let's see it, let's just try it. This is a safe space, go for it. And like you know, like we were all there to make the thing that was written on the page come to life, and so like that's our.
Speaker 1: Task, and that's preach. That's what Paris says.
Speaker 2: So shit we found On TikTok we have two videos Jenna speaking of Billy Joel. Darren recently yeah hosted Elsie Fest, his wonderful like musical theater concert he does. And lo and behold look who came out to performy blam.
Speaker 1: And they did a Billy Joel song. Yes they sure did. Oh my god, Rody Addict on TikTok post of this. Wow, look at that backdrop of the Sunset chords out there. Beautiful? What a location for this Selsi fast get it Darren, I know wonderful. It's not the same venue as I did with him.
Speaker 2: And there's another video of the Warblers post Max Adler. Oh my gosh, Max is there performing together.
Speaker 1: Oh we love our reunion. Elsie Fest is really fun, you guys, if you haven't been, you want to go.
Speaker 2: I was texting with Darren afterwards and I have to come. I need to just stand on them.
Speaker 1: I did one of his Harry Potter musical members with him a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Also, j C from and Sync came out to perform. Yeah, I mean legend. Also speaking of musical theater, j C, who I can't believe is a friend of mine, along with Jimmy Harry created a new musical concept album show that hopefully will get madely based off of Frankensiegin. He's working on it for years and the music is so good and he's singing all of it for the you know, for this and it along with some other incredible singers, and like he's never sounded better. The music is so cool. It ranges like a whole lot of different genres and tells the story in a whole new way.
Speaker 1: It's I can't wait to check it out.
Speaker 2: It's quite brilliant, and his voice is just so good.
Speaker 1: You guys so good.
Speaker 2: Go pre order the Playing with Fire Musical concept album. It's just it's great, and they're like two of the nicest guys and they're working so hard on it. It's great. And I'm so jealous that he and Darren got to sing together.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: I mean, so, if I ever do Elsfest, then we have to have j C come back.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe we can get five of us and we can do a full and sync or whatever he wants.
Speaker 1: I don't want to force jac to do in sank if he doesn't want to, Okay, whatever he wants. Okay, that's this episode. Thanks for joining us for episode twenty and come back next week.
Speaker 2: We're getting there. Wow, and that's what you really missed. Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.