Speaker 1: Okay, guys, here are my dates for the High and Mighty Tour. In August you can find me in Red Bank, New Jersey, Montclair, New Jersey, and Calgary that's Canada. And September I will be in Santa Barbara, San Diego, New York City, Philly and New Haven, Connecticut. October is Atlanta, Baltimore, Saginaw, Michigan, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Boise, Idaho and Spokan. And then in November I'll be in San Francisco. I'm coming to Salt Lake City, Austin, Houston, Dallas Babies, I'll be there. And then in December I am closing out my tour in Denver and Vancouver. So get your tickets at Chelseahandler dot com for the High and Mighty Tour. Hi Catherine, Hi Chelsea.
Speaker 2: Who are you traveling with right now?
Speaker 1: I am now by myself.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 4: I am in Spanish school. I am going to Spanish school from nine to two pm every day in a Spanish city somewhere near you, somewhere near Spain.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be fluid when you come back. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 4: Hopefully we'll see what happens we'll see how many days of school I actually get to.
Speaker 1: But I'm on day three, so school from nine to two.
Speaker 4: And then there's cultural activity activity da DAEs that I am opting out of because I need a nightlife.
Speaker 1: But I in school from nine to two is all I need? Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think your your nightlife is going to be your cultural activity Dades.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly, that's me experiencing culture is going out excellent. Well, our guest today is a very special guest because she's launching her very own podcast under the Dear Chelsea podcast network, and this is going to give you a slice of what you can listen to when you tune into her podcast every week. Her new podcast is called You're the Problem with Yaminika Saunders, and after listening to this, you'll also understand that she is the problem and she's my problem and everyone's problem. So that title alone invites you to laugh.
Speaker 2: And she gave great advice. Actually on this episode, I was I was very impressed with her.
Speaker 1: She is good at advice.
Speaker 5: She's terrible at taking it, but she's good at giving it.
Speaker 3: How necessary is this air?
Speaker 1: Excuse me? Excuse me? How sweaty don't even let me. First of all, I want to talk to you, okay before we're shooting this podcast. This is dear Chelsea, this is Y'allminika Saunders. If you're not familiar with her, you will be by the end of this episode.
Speaker 3: We've had clips go viral with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyway, why don't you how necessary is this air? How necessary? Is all the bullshit that you get up to? You are disruptive. She's been staying at my house for a week. Here we go for Thelix Joe Comedy Festival. She every she has nothing, she brought nothing with her. We've been on the road. Every day is brand new for her. Every day you go into her bedroom, she's in the bunk room. Megan was also staying here. Megan Gaily, by.
Speaker 3: The way, because she goes through this nonsense.
Speaker 1: Okay, every day in the bunk room where she's staying. She it looks like a fucking pop up CVS. She has to go to CBS. She goes to CVS three times a day.
Speaker 3: I'm addicted.
Speaker 1: She buys all the new It's like she's starting over. Each day. She doesn't have any of her supplies. She has to get her hair stuff, her face stuff, her sneaker. She buys clothes at CVS. Then she went to Marshalls. Then she goes to Marshalls twice a week. Yeah, I introduced her with the Marshals trend. I introduced her. I introduced her to Airwan. So I said, here's where the white people go shopping in Santa Monica.
Speaker 3: Come Buck.
Speaker 1: And I was like, if you have you ever had a thirteen dollars smoothie? And this bitch goes every morning now to Airwan, spends eighty dollars at Airwan.
Speaker 3: I can't help that. Yeah, No, I got this from this who's nicky. That's me.
Speaker 6: I don't because he got to learn how to spell yaminika. They didn't even teach me how to spell my name until I was in the third grade. Well, the problem I'm supposed to lest some brand new lady that just met me learn the problem with spelling your name. We're about to launch a podcast. This is an announcement, you guys to our audience. Dear Chelsea Network is now a network. And yes, I hold my breast when I say that.
Speaker 1: I guess my first podcast that I'm producing beyond my own is.
Speaker 3: You're the problem with Yaminika. But you're the fucking problem, not the problem. You're the problem. Listen. I am a part of the collective of the problem.
Speaker 6: So when I say you're the problem, I'm also saying that to myself a lot. I'm glad you're saying that we need to talk about and we have to do the fact that you've bought three rotisserie chickens in three days and haven't even finished them, that they were delicious every day she never finished.
Speaker 1: This was twenty two dollars one juice. It's the Hanley. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We should get a discout from Haley. I'll DM her.
Speaker 3: No, don't listen. Is this her? Haley? Let me tell you something, baby, I.
Speaker 1: Have to smoke a joint for this episode because I can't deal with her. Can I tell she drives me to drink and smoke.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well you're drinking and smoke it anyway. So what were you doing all the damn years before you met me?
Speaker 1: I was drinking and smoking for a different Now you're the reason I'm drinking and smoking.
Speaker 7: Haley.
Speaker 6: This smoothie here, it's the thing I drink every morning and keep my bowls regular.
Speaker 3: I suck this down and it is muddy tunnel. Do you hear me? That's why they's so damn thin.
Speaker 6: When you spend twenty two dollars for a smoothie, you don't have money to eat for the rest of the day.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's right.
Speaker 8: Basically, Rachel Ray back in the day.
Speaker 1: She goes, she buys a rotissery chicken every day, and then she goes, oh, I got you all chicken. No one wants it. No one wants the chicken you bought chicken noodle suit the other day. It's still in the fridge, a huge pint of it. There's you haven't touched it. You don't eat any of the stuff that you buy, so what are you doing with it?
Speaker 3: Is this like that we might have a problem.
Speaker 6: I get excited about purchases and things looking like, oh, this is gonna look cute in the refrigerator. So yeah, a sixteen dollars soup makes no sense, but it looks cute and refrigerator. And that's what she's not gonna tell you. It looks good in refrigerator. But also have her tell you this. The reason why I haven't eaten it yet is because this bitch also has one in there, So why would I open mine up.
Speaker 3: If you don't have yours open yet?
Speaker 1: What my chicken?
Speaker 3: You have a chicken noodle soup?
Speaker 1: Chicken nood you do I have? I never even ordered that. I never get Do you want to go to probably yours? You dumbass?
Speaker 9: Not?
Speaker 1: You probably got it and you forgot that you bought it. Like everything else, every she waits you, I would you, though, I would you?
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 3: Chicken noodle soup twice okay.
Speaker 1: The other day she goes, oh, we can break down the bones from the rotisserie chicken. I can make a nice Yeah, I can make anybody, But when is that gonna happen? Y No one's making any fucking soup with some bones. We're not doing that at any point during your stay here. So that the fantasy that you're living in about us making bone broth or whatever the fuck you're talking about is so stupid.
Speaker 3: Because you want to do it with me.
Speaker 1: The way I see you operate is on another level. Like I thought I knew her having her in my house in my space, thank you for breaking in my house helpfully, Like.
Speaker 6: I mean, I know, I've had an amazing time here it's been really nice having it's the most fun room. Megan and I had such an amazing time.
Speaker 3: There's four bunk beds. When I first heard that, I was like, this is some stupid ship.
Speaker 1: And then I was like a women's presses.
Speaker 3: No, it's like everybody has their own little compartment.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Like it was so great, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, like comedy really good.
Speaker 3: I love it. Yeah, and thank you for letting me come in. Listen.
Speaker 1: Get you on the right concealer though your facial concealer. Okay, let me just solve the problem with you buying new concealer everywhere you go. You're not getting the right color for your skals.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I lost my makeup bag in a couple of places.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing about Chelsea.
Speaker 6: She doesn't understand why I don't have my shit together, but then she got six thousand people keeping her shit together.
Speaker 1: I'm by the way, man Ban, by the way, you have infected all of the people that work with me and for me, because they're all working for fucking you two. Now, try to get your shit together. You don't know when we're going on tour. You're like, oh, you're going to Medesto I'm gonna rent a car. Why would you rent a car when we have a car?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, ladies and gentlemen, believe it or not, you're the problem with Yaminika is something that I wanted to do.
Speaker 3: Chelsea also wanted to do.
Speaker 6: No matter how she sits here and talks crazy about me, the woman loves me down to the core, and she wouldn't let me be on her fucking network if she really thought I was this dumb and irresponsible.
Speaker 10: You're dumb.
Speaker 6: I've never said idiot. Dumb, stupid is like what you know, what do we play taboo? But what I'm saying to you is we'd like it's such like what we have going on here is such a fantastic moment and time. I'm so excited to be on the network. I just think it is just so I'm just I can't wait. And I think you.
Speaker 1: Talk about on your show. I mean, listener. First of all, we have a great something something almost.
Speaker 3: Like a sisterhood, because we like to each other.
Speaker 1: You're annoying, but you're annoying, okay, but well, anyway, we have a good time together most of the time.
Speaker 3: And I do think that you last night we were at this party.
Speaker 6: We was slow grinding awful, and people were walking past like like people are intrigued by our love but also like skeptical, but then they're also like also into it. I've had so many male comics text me and be like, can you put more videos up of you and Chelsea wrestling each other?
Speaker 3: Do you know when we get together?
Speaker 1: I was walking around the party and I like was so stoned that I forgot where you guys were, and I kept trying to find that outside area where we found at the beginning of the night. We were like, we found a place where you could smoke and sit outside and dance, and somehow I just got lost and I kept circling the same group of people and it was so annoying, and I was like, how do I find them?
Speaker 3: And then what happened, Like the Black Angel, didn't I come up behind you and go where you've been?
Speaker 7: Baby?
Speaker 3: And then yeah, that was you got bitch, that was me you would and we took that picture and ride her away.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, I knew you were somewhere in need of mind say that's really.
Speaker 8: You know, I mean, somebody that incredible album Chelsea.
Speaker 6: I get on Chelsea's nerves. I understand for what she's a Pisces, I'm a Scorpio.
Speaker 3: Where she she.
Speaker 1: Says this about forty seven types every days.
Speaker 6: If anything, it's just a lot because as a scorpio the way we don't want to be bothered with people.
Speaker 1: But as a Scorpio, you you default your scorpionism all day long, every because whatever she does, that's fucked up. I'll be like, that's fucked up. She's like, I'm a Scorpio and she just defaults to that, and I don't, like, you can't do that. Let me, you're working around going I'm a Pisces, deal with it.
Speaker 6: She literally did a joke in the rows, I'm a Pisces, Pete Davis is a Scorpio and Jeff has cancer.
Speaker 1: I was so good.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean we all defer to it.
Speaker 6: But what I the reason why I reference it is because for me, I think people are shocked to see my relationship with her.
Speaker 3: I have these relationships.
Speaker 6: There's people in my life that I'm really really close to and I have these relations too, and they don't get to see it on a larger scale. But for me, I'm always guarded, you know, just as a person. And I know that I'm so sensitive that once I get into a friendship with somebody, I start sharing my feelings, my everything, and so I'm very vulnerable with that. But she is, you know, she really lets me in and I just love pinching her. I love pinching her little tush. I love pinching her cheeks. I love pinching her arms, just like all my friends. It's not Chelsea them doing it's That's what my friendship is like. It's very loving, it's very touchy, and it's very like extra.
Speaker 1: It's a burden for me. It's a big burden.
Speaker 3: It's not loves it. Don't listen to her?
Speaker 2: Okay, So how do you keep winding up in Chelsea's bed? That's that's what I want to know, because apparently it's having a bunch of.
Speaker 1: Times Yamka, what's your version of that story?
Speaker 6: I love completely naked and I have seen her completely naked, So what the so have happened? But what I'm saying is no, what's the bed of who cares? She looks, she's thin, She's not even taking up all this bed. She doesn't need it, So why wouldn't I be in there? I got my own space.
Speaker 3: We're like two miles away from each other, and these humung is ass beds that she's always in. This bitch loves a whole last time.
Speaker 1: We were in a bead like maybe I told this story. I don't know. I think I said it to you once we were recording that I we had her, they had her come up. I don't know why she's in my room in the first place. Is a mystery, Okay, I mean she I did it once and then she's like every weekend she's like, so maybe on Thursday, I'll spend the night with you, like, and I'll get a place the other two nights. But you never know she's gonna get a place or she's not gonna get a place in the right city.
Speaker 3: We don't know what I do get a place.
Speaker 6: They get an attitude about it because I like these my Marriott points, my bonvoy Marriott points. I'm also gonna get a discount on bookings dot Com. I'm gonna roll that over.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's expensive, but you're not getting when you're making the reservation in the wrong city for the wrong Yeah.
Speaker 6: I did book the wrong hotel for the wrong day, for the wrong year. I mean, I don't know I'm doing what I but I had a place to stay, did not Yeah in my bed?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well okay, okay.
Speaker 1: How many times she has all her makeup everywhere? She doesn't even remember her makeup, so it looks like I did black face and went to s.
Speaker 6: I can't help it that you keep your makeup on and it's the same color as the damn sheets.
Speaker 3: Bitch, chocolate cheese. She do, Like sometimes I wonder if people come in and look at the sheets after you leave it, but like, what the fuck my entire face is on it? But I listen.
Speaker 6: It's those things too, because like I've been on the road with so many people and it's like, Chelsea's so fun. One of the favorite, my favorite things about her is like when I first started doing the road with her, I would stay in my place, you know, my green room, which I thought was great because sometimes you don't even get a green room as an opener. And I would be in my green room and she'd be with hers. And then one time she came in and she was like, how come you're like not it, you didn't come in here, Like, how come you don't come in with me? And I was like, I'm trying to give your space and she was like I don't want that. She was like, come in there. And then we went in there and were you know, Molly was there. We had an amazing time and it was just fun like ever since then. It was like such a connection and I was thinking to myself, like, well, I can't go wait to get back and kick it with her, because sometimes you go on.
Speaker 3: The road, it's the truth. Sometimes you get depressed.
Speaker 6: You're like, man, I don't want to be around this person or treat me like shit. They gonna make me feel whatever. She brings me on as her special guests. She's so welcoming and loving. Her audiences are so receptive and even though she comes out greets everybody, that's the kind of spirit have. So it's like it just makes everything seeing you feel seen, you feel loved.
Speaker 3: And that's what she did for me, so like I'll never forget that.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah that is real sweet. But be able to yell at you for at least six more hours. You'll find what time is your flight tonight?
Speaker 3: Nine?
Speaker 1: She'll be like, will you drive me to the airport? Don't you think? She'll suggest She'll suggest things that are like great for her that no consideration of how it would make me feel.
Speaker 2: Also, no one wants to drive anyone.
Speaker 6: I hate having people drive. Like poor Carlos, he has to deal with mine. I have a phobia of driving.
Speaker 3: This has been for a long time. One of my sisters was killed in a car accident.
Speaker 6: So ever since then, it was always like, you know, I'm constantly aware of like, oh, we're doing this. I don't want to die. I don't want my father to have to go through this trauma again. My family have to go through this trauma again. But Chelsea drove me the other day.
Speaker 3: He drove me around.
Speaker 6: She's a really great driver, and I felt good. You know, she is like surprisingly, she was really great. I was like, wow, I didn't trust her at all, but I did.
Speaker 1: Ask you about me. You should go. She's an excellent driver.
Speaker 3: Though I told you that I was yeah, she didn't hear anything from me. I had no complain.
Speaker 1: I was like thank you. No one and everyone in my family I would disagree with you, but I appreciate you recognizing.
Speaker 3: Maybe they think it's scary, but I'm like, she's on top of it.
Speaker 6: Part of driving that people don't have it's people are doing a thousand things that are not paying attention and they're not aware.
Speaker 3: Of the surroundings.
Speaker 6: That's what makes it dangerous. But Chelsea is very aware of what's going on. She's a Pisces. Pisces are like that, detail orientated and they also don't fuck around.
Speaker 3: So that's why.
Speaker 6: You know, my other friend Andy, who I'm obsessed with, he's a Pisces. I've had Pisces in my life. I just love Pisces. They get along with Scorpio well, and it just feels goods too.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 8: Any time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, there you go. Yeah, well, baby, I was.
Speaker 1: Just thinking about astrology and like how often it comes up with it.
Speaker 3: It does come up a lot. Yeah, it started.
Speaker 1: Are you well versed on every sign like this?
Speaker 3: Every time I have sex with a man, I'm.
Speaker 1: I'm the phoner in person because she has fun sex.
Speaker 11: On the road.
Speaker 1: They look at that look right there is First of all, she has five personalities. One is Rashonda, the one is Lucy, one is Denzel, and then.
Speaker 6: One is don But I told you, I said I will not let your white ass called me, So you've.
Speaker 3: Got to find a new name. It'd be Barbara or some ship like that, but is the helpful spirit.
Speaker 1: Lucy will come in out of nowhere and all of a sudden because she has you know, she has different accents she talks in, so she's bored line or something. Yeah, borderline five of them. I thought borderline meant too, but it's not. That's a slip personality she has like several people I do. So it's pretty tricky because she but the good thing is is that she can always snap back quickly, so it doesn't like, even though it's a very a lot of drama. And I'm saying that in a patronizing way kind of like, even though it comes with a lot of drama, she recovers from the drama, so the drama doesn't last. There's no it's not a long duration. Yeah, but there's always drama.
Speaker 6: But the thing about it is the thing and I think they're learning this. I have to internalize everything so I can deal with it. So that's why it doesn't stay.
Speaker 1: It's you.
Speaker 6: If you catch me in the midst of dealing with something that's drama, I'm focused and my spirit is on that. So you'd be like, oh my god, Yeahma, what's wrong with you really just leave me, give me five minutes to process this, and by the time you come back to me, I'm gonna be fine because my drama is never with the people. It's always my environment, and I'm trying to clear that up. But I don't if I'm not like, if I don't like you, I wouldn't be around you. So I always tell people like, if I'm gonna be upset, I may have an attitude, I may get scared, but it's not directed at you. And I'm also trying to fix that for myself so that I can come back to you and be Yama again, you know, like the funny girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's really funny watching also not funny, I guess, more interesting and like from like our own experiences, Like watching how she goes through the world is like ridiculous. It's shocking to me. I'm shocked cause she's the type B personality, but she do but but she's also like her background and her experiences are so different than mine. So for us to come together and to be able to like share, of course, she wants to sleep in my room because she's like, oh, you got your fucking shit dialed in, Let's go it's time my shit is dialed in because you know, I've had different experiences in my life and like, well, you know that that contrast is very like fun to learn about, you know, oh, like someone's experience that is so different.
Speaker 3: Well for me, like, okay, so my background is.
Speaker 6: In terms of you being Puerto Rican, I was sure. I've always been isolated as a person. I mean, I have three beautiful half sisters. We have different mothers. One is in heaven, two are living. But I grew up an only child, and I grew up a theater kid as well, and I went to parochial school where a lot of shit was going on. I was being you know, I was being called the N word every day. A whole bunch of shit was going on. So I withdrew very early on in life to just be a loner, right and not really open up to people and be around people. And also I'm combating that I wasn't the traditional like my background is pretty conservative, and I was always pushing against that, you know.
Speaker 3: So for me, it's like there is a reckless abandon with me. I fuck it, I don't care.
Speaker 6: Nobody's gonna tell me how to be, how to live you're not going to restrict me in any ways, and sometimes that can come off very chaotic. And then I get to be around Chelsea and I get to relax because she knows what she wants, She's got her head on straight, and everything is just in line. So sometimes I do feel like I can just lay with her and not have to worry about certain things, you know, and that feels feels good.
Speaker 1: I like to provide that you do.
Speaker 3: You know, our backgrounds are a lot more similar than you think.
Speaker 6: But I think for me to come back into a space where, like you know, I'm almost fifty, I'm forty seven, there's a lot of things going on where I'm looking at myself as an adult too, Like how do I want to show up in the world. How do I want to show up around other people and make them feel better about shitty situations. I felt neglected, I felt unseen, I felt unloved. And that's why the volume is so loud, That's why it is so much in your face, because I know I sat home and cried, and I don't want anybody else to do that. So I appreciate people who say to me, you know what, you made me feel good, like your material. I like what you're saying. I feel represented. That's a really big deal for me. So right now, Also, my focus is just comedy. It's not necessarily where I'm living.
Speaker 3: What close I got on, you know, I'm just a nomad running around this world, going to CVSS, going to cv CVS.
Speaker 1: Marshall's different. She was dragging around a suitcase, this little mini like what would you call that purse?
Speaker 3: It's a person is boutique in Las Vegas. It was great.
Speaker 6: She didn't like it, and then I let this bitch pressure me into getting rid of it. When I was at LaGuardia, I still had the bag. I said, oh shit, she doesn't like this bag. She's gonna dog me for this bag. So I went and bought a new bag at LaGuardia, and then I said to the woman that was I was buying it from. I was like, oh my god, I don't know what I'm gonna do with this bag, and she goes, oh, I'll find somebody to take it. I was like, I bet you will, bitch. It was a fantastic bag. But then this person told me that she.
Speaker 3: Didn't like it. I don't like you looked like a bag.
Speaker 1: Lady sophisticated one wasn't She was open and ship was spilling out of it because she's got liquids. She travels. Her suitcase is filled with different liquids like drinks, like energy drinks are in the suitcase that she travels a lot.
Speaker 3: Of way to just liquid is good.
Speaker 6: Stop eating whole ship, Stop eating substances of like conversation.
Speaker 1: Did you spoke a joint?
Speaker 3: I didn't give me some of this? Oh no, I got to get another one, little dog walker? I know I should have got Remember I have that big one. Should I go get that can break doing this? You didn't want that? I got the eighth of the world.
Speaker 10: Give me this.
Speaker 3: The light, the light, the light.
Speaker 7: Baby.
Speaker 3: Well it's so small.
Speaker 1: It's a dog walker.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: The fleet last?
Speaker 8: The amount of time to listen to.
Speaker 1: This is really funny.
Speaker 3: This is like a snack.
Speaker 1: It's like a snack joint.
Speaker 3: So the dog got to piss, poop right away and then come back. Because this is my cats wouldney more than it is a bottle walk?
Speaker 7: Fim?
Speaker 10: Are we supposed to take callers for this?
Speaker 1: We got we got collar, all right, so let's do that.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: Our first caller today is Bella and her subject line, by the way, is my brother's wife's lover. What Dear Chelsea, My brother just dropped a huge bomb on me. My brother's ten years my junior, and we have always been very close. We lived in the same building together in NYC for over twenty years. He moved out ten years ago when he and his wife had their first child. While on a peaceful vacation, recently, my brother called with a bombshell. He told me his wife is having a consensual affair with a female family friend. He said they were all open to it at first, but now his wife has feelings for the other woman, who is also married to a man. I was stunned, cried, and I was upset. Not because I'm judgy. I'm open, liberal and fair. My feelings were reactive for the kids and the family dynamic. He's now unhappy with the agreement and she is conflicted. My main concern is for the children.
Speaker 1: I did advise my brother, but I need additional advice. What would you do if this was your brother? What would you advise him?
Speaker 3: Bella?
Speaker 2: Hi, Bella, Hi, We've got Yaminika here.
Speaker 3: Hi Bella, my baby, how are you.
Speaker 8: I I'm well hi, Chelsea.
Speaker 1: Oh god, what an interesting dilemma. It's kind of like a I mean, I know this is your family member and your brother, but it's kind of like a sign of the times, like women are just like we're wrapped. Women are rapped with men. They're ready for it to be with a woman like it is. It's so prevalent, and it's like we're on the cusp of like it becoming an even bigger thing, like at the tipping point. Almost.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's not actually the shock of the woman, it's just how she went about it and just the disrespect, you know, like this big bomb.
Speaker 1: Where are things right now?
Speaker 2: Is has there been a transition at all? Everyone's still living in their same homes?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so everyone is still living in the same homes.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: My mom lives in the house too, my eighty two year old mother.
Speaker 3: Oh, and she got to deal with all this musical chairs in the bedroom. Yeah, does she know what's going on?
Speaker 8: She does.
Speaker 3: What's opinion about all of this?
Speaker 9: Well, she's eighty two years old, and she was incredibly shocked and you know, surprised because this is someone that was hanging out with our family, Like I said, I moved up here, very close to my brother, the kids and everybody, and this woman was around. We had a holiday together, we had Thanksgiving together.
Speaker 3: Are you still in New York?
Speaker 8: I'm an hour north of New York.
Speaker 6: Now, whenever you come into the city, I got two tickets for you. Come see me at the cellar. Okay, just for this wod deal. Maybe bring your brother in. Let me know how many tikeies need. I'll take care of you. Maybe we can work this out there. I got you, We'll connect, Okay. I think what the problem is is you see this as a betrayal. But we have to go back to the beginning that it was consensual, right, So at some point it seems like your brother agreed to this dynamic, and you can't help falling in love with somebody once you open the door of intimacy. So if she didn't just went into a physical thing and didn't know she was going to fall in love, It's like Chelsea would say, whipsie doodle. But once you have to think about all the things that you open up when you put yourself in that situation. Now, on the flip side, I do understand what you mean about the kids.
Speaker 3: How they're gonna.
Speaker 6: Feel this whole relationship dynamic. But we are in a time where the world is changing. In our time, if something like that happened, people would have to go to therapy, nobody would know what to do, and then it would be hush hush. Now the children, your nieces and nephews are also dealing with other kids who are also having the sype with dynamic mix in their families, so it won't be so isolating for them.
Speaker 3: So I think if you can somehow find a way, which is going to be hard.
Speaker 6: Right, to not be so emotional about it and see how you can come in and maybe help write or be a lending hand to them how they need it, that would be better served for them than the judgment that they're getting through this process.
Speaker 8: I agree with you, I do, I do. But you know where we are now is in a very.
Speaker 6: Small town and everybody and everybody business right, correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was the advice that you gave your brother?
Speaker 9: Well, at the time, I just told them to take a step back. And yes, I agree with Yaminika was consensual.
Speaker 8: You know, they were doing their thing more than I ever expected.
Speaker 10: But that's all good.
Speaker 9: You know, you do you I think, yeah, now, it's more like the betrayal, like you said, the disrespect to my mom, to the family, to the kids.
Speaker 2: And wow, well I have a question about that, because where is the disrespect coming in. Is this our betrayal coming in because it sounds like everybody was on board with this when it started. I don't know that it is a betrayal to say, well, I started a relationship with this other person with everyone's consent, and then I fell.
Speaker 3: In love with this person.
Speaker 9: I mean, was there other stuff going on or well he had asked her to stop when it started getting too crazy, because then they agreed that they were going to stop because it was getting out of hand, okay, And then when he asked her to stop, it just continued, and she was, you know, kind of sneaking around and going around and yeah, he behaved badly too during this time. And then he had said to her, listen, this is going to destroy us, to destroy the family, and sure enough, here we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a belly you can't unring, you know.
Speaker 9: I guess the disrespect to me now is that she's still running around with this woman with the kids, and I just keep thinking, I mean, if it were a double. See if my brother now falls in love with a man and takes the kids around with the man, how will she feel about.
Speaker 1: I have to be really honest with you in this moment. I feel like you have I know it's your brother, but you have so much judgment coming from you. You're not She's not trying to humiliate you. She's not. This isn't intentional. You can't help it. Like they had an open relationship and she fell in love, And I know that's hurtful for you to your brother, but like, you have to let go of your anger towards her. It's not going to be helpful. That energy is not going to help the situation that you're in at all. You need to be a positive influence on the situation and positively support your brother. You don't need to hate on this woman and what she did to support your brother. Like, it's life. Shit happens. People fall in love and they fall out of love, And what you can do is be a beam of light and support for your brother. And that's all. You don't have to deal with her Like, yes, I know it's part of your life, but give her a break. Just be cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think you know, being the age that we are, we grew up in this era of compulsory heterosexuality right where it was like the default is that you are straight, and this woman, I think, has discovered that, like her sexuality is somewhere else on the spectrum other than just straight.
Speaker 1: And there's a judgment for that from you as well, Like I can see you know, and you got it like, yeah, that's old, that's old thinking, that's like the olden times. It's okay, it's not humiliating that she's a lesbian. Now, that's not a humiliation on your family.
Speaker 6: It's not a humiliation at all, right, But also the sting of it is that's family, right, so it no matter what, once you betray my family, like I'm done with you. When they were supposed to stop, she should have been honest at that point said I can't stop because now I'm in love. Let's take sexuality out of it for a second, because when she went into the shit, she was at the very least by because she's going she went to go fuck a woman, not a man.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we could take that off the table.
Speaker 6: What happened is whatever she found over there on that table, it was replacing more than whatever your brother was giving her. She fell in love, not in lust. In love that means I want you outside of fucking you. I want the relationship. I want to see you, I want to talk. You are my person. And I think they need to be honest about maybe they just need to separate altogether.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, And I'm not being judging that it's a woman. Honestly, I'm not not not judging.
Speaker 6: But you know what, Bill, let me just say this, and I'm saying this out of love. When you said how would they feel if my brother was going around with a man? That makes it a judgment on sexuality because why didn't you just say if he was going around with another lover?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: So when you say things like that, it sings like maybe there's a little bit of homophobia there, maybe there's some concern. Why are you so concerned about male and female in this situation? But at the same time, I think emotions are going to be high for you regardless because this is your brother. The way you described him in this letter was like, oh, they really fuck with each other like that, and she loves her brother dad right, right, So your judgment is completely clouded in this situation.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think like the place you want to get to, or you want your brother to get to is however this shakes out whoever winds up with whom You want those kids to have happiness, to have adults in their life that love them, even if.
Speaker 3: That's not your brother together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, like people who love them and care for them. You want them to feel held. But like there's gonna be some complicated stuff to get to that point. So I think your role here is just to like absolutely support everyone, be there for the kids, and then also like speak positively about their mom, like nothing is gonna come of, you know, any trash or negativity there.
Speaker 8: And definitely nothing like that. Yeah, no, I don't think you would.
Speaker 2: But just getting everyone as quickly as possible and as smoothly as possible to the place where like they can have multiple families that love them and everyone gets along really well, even though there's going to be some complicated stuff in the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it happens, It can happen.
Speaker 3: We've all seen it.
Speaker 1: Think about it like you'd want to think about it in five years, Like you handled this with grace and a plum, you know, like, oh you were a beam of support for people, and you helped transition them into the next phase.
Speaker 6: And I see a lot of you and me Bela in terms of like like I receive information. I know some of this may be grading on you, but also some of it. You're glad you know you're receiving this. Take all that we've given you, and then run it through your own filter, which is what I would be doing, and then find.
Speaker 1: Out because find your local cvs H.
Speaker 3: But you know, I really feel for you in this situation.
Speaker 6: You have such a beautiful presence about yourself and spirit, and I know you just want the best. So but I know for me there was nothing. There's nothing better in my life than my aunt, no matter what the love of mind.
Speaker 8: And I honestly I know I'm I'm not judging. I mean, trust me.
Speaker 9: If I could describe my life in New York City, I was wild and in every gay club like it's nothing like that at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably absolutely.
Speaker 8: No problem with that.
Speaker 9: It's the problem I have is mainly just with with the bomb that went off and the disrespect, and and I worry for my niece and nephew mainly.
Speaker 3: Really they'll be fine. I promise you they'll be fine. They really will.
Speaker 6: It's not Mayberry, it's not leave it to Beava. It's people doing all kinds of shit out here in this world.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: And what you told me is dame compared to what I've been showing Chelsea Dix from some guy barely know.
Speaker 3: And it's like, you know, with him off, it's like, so when you talk.
Speaker 1: About that, Yeah, she has phone sex three times is so.
Speaker 6: Amazing, you know whatever, It's gorgeous, I mean, delicious, Okay, appropriate, I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bella, take our take our advice, like listen to what we said, and then we like we listen to this because it will help you.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, yeah, I definitely will. I'll follow up and like you all know, please.
Speaker 2: Put us in like six months or so and like let us know how things are shaking out over there.
Speaker 9: Okay, definitely, thank you, take care, bye bye.
Speaker 6: That was that was always give us some really fucking great advice.
Speaker 1: I can't stand in love with me. It's another personality. This is what which what?
Speaker 7: This is?
Speaker 1: What I want to what can we call it? What's our name for the one that loves me?
Speaker 7: Just me?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Like, were you let's call her Justine.
Speaker 1: Oh that's boring. What about Lawanda?
Speaker 3: What do you always every fucking name you pull up got to be so bitch that goes to the swap meet in Anglewood?
Speaker 1: Stop it, Chelsea, what's our next situation?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 2: So with that was that was a little messy, We're gonna about to get a little messy or these are good yes, so McKinley says, Dear Chelsea, I'm a forty three or are we.
Speaker 4: Both?
Speaker 6: Would you said it was getting messy and and you took the words writing about Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, dear Chelsea, I'm a forty three year old ex Mormon trans guy with two kids from parents weird. I'm a forty three year old ex Mormon trans man got it with two kids from my previous marriage to a man. Okay, Yeah, my birthday is coming back, and I'm really hoping this next year is less about cleaning up all my exes. Whoosie doodles. My main issue is with my kid's dad. On paper, he's supposed to have visitations, but in real life I spent years bending over backwards to make visits happen. Visits eventually stopped because he constantly dropped the ball. He would drink when he had them, sometimes to the point that the kids would call me scared or confused, and I'd have to drive an hour each way to pick them up while also trying to convince the kids that this was all normal dad stuff. He acts like I quote took the kids away even though he was barely showing up. Meanwhile, our youngest is exploring her gender identity now and he doesn't even know, so I'm stuck between wanting to protect her privacy and feeling like I'm hiding something huge about his own kid from a man who hasn't exactly earned trust. As a bonus side quest, I also have an ex fiance who I own a house with which we're trying to untangle after a breakup. Through all of this, I clearly have a history of choosing bad partners, and the universe keeps handing me group projects. Now I'm in the Midwest trying to build a good life with my girlfriend who voted for Trump, so that's already a fun plot twist, hey Be and our blended family. I'm basically rebooting my life as this new version of me, So I'd love your advice on how to be honest with my kids dad about our child exploring their gender identity, and do I start visits back up after eighteen months of none? How many chances do you give out give a checked out partner before you stop trying? And how to balance starting over new career, new partner, and new version of me with actually having time and energy left for my kids. Thanks for reading and untangling this with me, McKinley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how manic. I think you should begin.
Speaker 6: First of all, let me just say, McKinley, you're the type of person I would fall in love with. I mean, oh, like she falls in love with somebody every day every day. But also like, no, no, no, no, because I know what you're doing. You're looking for love, baby, and in the process of looking for love, you keep going to places that are just taking advantage of your spirit.
Speaker 3: And I think it started with the Mormon Church, their garbage.
Speaker 6: I think you know it also starts with you now trying to You know, you're going into a world of a new identity to the world and how the world is seeing you. Then you have to have this partner that you were in love with and with and had children with, have to now discover this new identity who you are. They're probably not processing it that well, which is why you have this distance.
Speaker 3: So that's another person abandoning you.
Speaker 6: Then you're like, you don't want to see your daughter go through the same thing because she's also trying to figure out what her identity is. But I can guarantee you that your former partner has no idea how to help her at all, and if anything might be a deterrent if after eight months eighteen months of not seeing it is done for the children, right because they cannot have this wishy washiness in their life, it is irresponsible of that person. And then because it's irresponsible, you're safeguarding your children, they have to kind of go no contact. At this point, from my perspective, what I think you need to do is you need to write down what McKinley wants, what McKinley needs, so that you start going towards partners that have that. Because how you got hooked up with somebody who is a Trump supporter knowing that everything that aligns with what you got going on is anti Trump and the nonsense they have over there is because you don't have enough safeguards around your spirits, and you don't have enough boundaries in your life and you don't love you first. Once you fix that, you don't need our advice, and the rest of the shit is gonna fall. You are a beautiful person, I can just tell by your smile and spirit. Thank you so much for writing this. In IF resonated with me in a lot of ways because I feel abandoned a lot. I felt unseen and unloved, and I kept running after people who didn't love me because sometimes you think to yourself, if I can get somebody who doesn't love me and doesn't respect me to love me and respect me, I've won a battle and you haven't. Okay, I hope that resonates with you. I just want to leave that with you, just in love, because I think it's more about you than anything else. Once you get with you, everything else is going to fall in place.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, how is that falling on you?
Speaker 10: McKinley, that's great advice.
Speaker 11: My current girlfriend i'm with voted for Trump and she actually is a really good person for me.
Speaker 10: So my problem that I have with is not with my current girlfriend.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, but it should be. It should be.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you why it should be right. We have to be real about assessments. And I'll bring it back to Chelsea and I the optics on this. And I've said this before. I'm a black woman who talks very crazy about white people. Don't trust white people, and I shouldn't write the history of white people is gross.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, it's like I wouldn't.
Speaker 6: I'm not here to like dance and prance for somebody because I want to be accepted and I want to be loved. Like over here, I know that if some shit's going down, even though I get on her nerves, this woman has my back when it comes to being a woman, a black woman, all of that support. If she didn't, I could not be here. There's something in you that you think is okay. You can't be with the Trump supert. I'm just telling you, baby, everything you got. You're a transman divorced.
Speaker 3: You understand the fact that you think she's a good person. She's a Da da da.
Speaker 6: Dad, not in this time and climate, because there's got to be something that she's got going on with her, because how could she vote for Trump when Trump is against you?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 10: I get that sometimes you make mistakes and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: So when I had a phone call with her because I met her online.
Speaker 11: Two hours into the phone call was when I dropped the whole Hey probably didn't realize I'm a trans mail on my profile. And she said, at this point, I would be a complete idiot to not give this a chance. And that was about six months ago. So we just started dating it in January.
Speaker 6: No that baby, Listen to me, I say the same thing. Everybody's lying. Okay, I'm not telling people.
Speaker 3: I'm a comedian. I tell men.
Speaker 6: I teach blind cats how to read. So the reality is people are saying all kinds of shit. It's been six months. She would be a fool right to adhere to what she got going on to lose out on you. But the reality is there's going to be a time when she's gonna have to choose between you and what she believes in. And I'm telling you, baby, that's dangerous territory for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I hear, Yeah, Yeah, I agree with her. I think that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You it's like you have a pattern of behavior that's like a pathology, and you kind of have to nip it in the bud, like you're not looking after yourself. That's why it's like a repetition of kind of bad choices.
Speaker 2: Well, and I get why it feels comfortable right, because it's like, you know, you're coming out of this previous relationship. Things are tumultuous with work and with your ex and all these things, but or x is and all these things, but this feels comfortable, right, Like this feels like.
Speaker 1: A like a cozy, safe space where you were held.
Speaker 2: But I do think that Yamanika is right, Like when it comes down to her choosing between her church that has very conservative views like her beliefs, and her relationship with you, I think there's going to be a.
Speaker 3: Dividing point there.
Speaker 2: But I want to also go back to what Yamanika was saying about how we fill the void that's happening for you and how we get McKinley to love McKinley so that you can stand on your own two feet. And are you in any kind of therapy seeing anybody in that capacity?
Speaker 11: I was in therapy, and I was on medicine, and I work at a company that doesn't provide very good insurance coverage, so I have to wait until next month to start therapy again.
Speaker 3: Mary J.
Speaker 6: Blige has a song called good Morning gorgeous, right, yes, And it's like at first I was like, this is so ridiculous, you know, like you got to do this, But I started getting into that song and it's like you need to get up in the morning and say good morning gorgeous to yourself.
Speaker 3: I can see it all.
Speaker 6: Over you, and not as a judgment, it's because I am like that too. This is like really sensitive and you're trying to hold it all in but it's hurting you at the same time. And as long as you're okay and acquiesced to the bullshit around you, you think you'll be safe, but you won't. You're a great person, amazing, like just from the presence of you. I want you to know that, and I don't know if you see that in you and you got to, baby, you have to.
Speaker 10: I'm trying.
Speaker 3: No, you really do.
Speaker 6: Immediately when I saw you on the screen, I said, wow, just so beautiful.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 11: I tried so hard, and I've been trying to ask for help. It's like I get nine yards out of the ten yards and I can't freaking get that one yard. And it's like I try to ask help for everywhere and try to figure things out and I'm just so financially screwed trying.
Speaker 10: You know, it's just like how do you do all these things?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 10: How do you like?
Speaker 11: I have all this paths I'm trying to protect and protect my future and trying to do so many things.
Speaker 10: It's just so hard. Oh sorry, No, you're okay.
Speaker 3: We're also going through this city, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Like I cried, Chelsea cries, you know, We've cried to each other, like You're not alone in this feeling.
Speaker 3: It feels so isolating.
Speaker 6: But I promise you and I understand finances, God knows you know, and I understand all those things.
Speaker 3: They can change the fabric of your life.
Speaker 6: But the first thing you have to do is you have to love you and really know that all the decisions of that happen in your life have to be because they are going to benefit McKinley. Do you understand, because if not, if finance is not going to get good, the relationship is not going to get good. You're going to keep chasing things that don't serve you because, like Catherine said, you just want to be comfortable, but you're unfortunately comfortable in trauma.
Speaker 10: I think I'm just like in survival mode.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to just I mean, individual therapy isn't something that can happen right now for financial or any other reasons. Let's find you a support group in your area so that you have some outlet for this, Like we need weekly support right right. You don't have to do this alone, and we don't want you to.
Speaker 10: Do this alone. Thank you, Yeah, thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Chelsea, what would you say as far as like if there's a step that McKinley can take every single day to just get in touch with himself and listen to himself, what would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should get up in the mornings and write down like you are magnificent, you are magnetic, and you are resilient, and like write those three things down each morning and you're you know, on a piece of paper and start saying that to yourself.
Speaker 10: Okay, that was magnificent, resilient. What was the second one?
Speaker 1: Magnetic?
Speaker 10: Magnetic?
Speaker 3: Thank you? And also go find your own words. I wouldn't be writing too many things down that she says. You know what, Chelsea is my god, so I will listen mad decisions again.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm your god.
Speaker 3: To honey, I wish the little but Jesus Christ, all of us did. You wouldn't even cross the street to get me a hot.
Speaker 1: Lordo's you're nos, LORDO.
Speaker 3: That is correct.
Speaker 1: Lord.
Speaker 10: I served them, I served a mission and had to learn Spanish.
Speaker 7: It could be.
Speaker 2: Will you check in with me, let me know if you can find something in your marrea.
Speaker 8: If not, I'm going to help you.
Speaker 1: Look like that.
Speaker 3: You can have a group every week.
Speaker 2: But will you check in with me like pretty quickly and well we'll get you on the right track.
Speaker 1: Thanks for calling.
Speaker 7: You so much.
Speaker 3: We do love you, love you, love you. Of course.
Speaker 1: I do have one more collar.
Speaker 8: If you're ready.
Speaker 3: To help it, let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's okay.
Speaker 2: Our last caller is Katie and she says, you're Chelsea. I need advice for how to deal with my sister. We're both in our fifties and a year apart. We were very close as children, but we went in very different directions directions as adults. That said, we still live in the town where we grew up, and we're both close with our mother and extended family. Here's the problem. There was no inciting event, but over the last several years, maybe even going back to our early thirties. We're like oil and water. We tolerate each other, but there's constant tension. I know I'm not perfect, but it feels like she's constantly sniping at me, criticizing me, being negative, and cutting me down. I've been sober for almost three years, and I'm committed to live and let live toward life in general. I try to tune her out and be the bigger person, but gets harder every time I see her. We just spent the weekend traveling with our eighty year old mom for our family event, and I'm ready to never speak to her again. But that would break my mom's heart, which is out of the question. I also don't want to lose my only sister, but maybe I already have. I know you've been through a lot with your extended family, Chelsea, so any thoughts. I appreciate you and your team.
Speaker 1: Katie. Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi? How are you o?
Speaker 8: Katie Gat It's so exciting to be here.
Speaker 1: Hi, this is Yamy, I have you.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm Yaminika Katie.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh my god.
Speaker 7: I'll try to watch my mouth in your presence.
Speaker 10: I know how sensitive you.
Speaker 3: Are, baby, so look at cutie pye, you try to be my sister?
Speaker 1: Well wait, what's the situations? Why can't you get?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: Is she so annoying and you're so annoying to her? You both hate each other like annoy each other kind of Yeah, are you angry at her about something?
Speaker 7: After this trip that we went on, my husband said the only solution he saw was that we go in.
Speaker 10: The backyard with boxing gloves.
Speaker 6: Oh all right, Well there's a resentment somewhere. Where's the resentment?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I mean, I could, I could make some guesses.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think that our lives have turned out. You know, our lives have turned out basically the way that we wanted them to. You know, I always wanted to be a career person, and I am. My sister is a stay at home mom, and she loves her kids and she loves that. But it seems like I think she resents the freedom that I have. I mean, if I had to guess, i'd say what that is? But it's so hard to have an honest conversation with her that I'm speculating when I say that.
Speaker 1: So, what's your issue with her?
Speaker 7: It's just it's the constant cutdowns, It's the constant.
Speaker 1: It's just she's cutting down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean she's trying to belittle you because I think I don't think she probably is as happy as you think she is or satisfied. Right. I think I'm not a mother and I've never been able to fool a man into marrying me. But I can tell you this that there is a sense of accomplishment quite early once you go into relationship that probably goes into marriage and then children, and then after that you have to look at yourself and go what's next. That's something that you don't have to worry about as a career woman, because what next is the career thing. You haven't really locked down life. People are locking down life early seeing people do an evolve beyond where they've stopped.
Speaker 3: And then there's a resentment.
Speaker 6: So because she feels bad about what you got going on in the freedom you got, she wants to cut you down and make you feel the same as her. You cannot be in a relationship like that without communicating. Hey, listen, I don't like when you say this. I don't like when you say that it makes me feel this way. If they love you enough and respect you enough, then they will hear it. If they don't, then you just have to separate. But you can't force your sister to have a conversation with you. If she doesn't want to have a conversation with you, and if she's not going to talk or communicate her real feelings to you, then you have to either limit contact or go no contact.
Speaker 1: When she's cutting you down, what's your reaction to that?
Speaker 7: I just I kind of go gray rock, you know. I just I associate. Yeah, honestly, sometimes I sometimes I try to change the subject. It just depends on who else is around us. Very rarely is it just her and I, because I don't spend time with her unless I really have to because of the larger family, and I don't want to be rude or cause a you know, a big family kerfuffle by telling her. You know you're being rude, being a jerk. Can you stop? You know, it just feels so impossible to me because of the larger family dynamic.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you something, when you get angry, do you really like is it uncontrollable anger?
Speaker 7: I'm I'm an enneagram one, if that makes any sense. I'm a you know, the perfectionist type that just internalizes.
Speaker 1: What's your star signs? Should that'll make sense to her?
Speaker 3: No, that's not what I'm saying to you.
Speaker 6: Is what I do a lot, and it gets me in problems, right, is because I know, like, once you piss me off, once I've gotten pissed off and I've gone beyond, there's no I'm I'm getting ready to get with your ass in a really wild way. Right And probably when I'm done getting with you, we're gonna have to sever tize unless you can emotionally get over the fact that I just ran you into the ground. So a lot of times I try to avoid those situations by being the nicer person, the bigger person, or the ah you know, and over time that bill up and it's frustrating to you because it's like you're going great rock all the time.
Speaker 3: Why your sister going hot lava? You need to get with her in these moments. You need to be like, hey, bitch, hold on a second, why are you talking crazy to me like that? What's up? What have I done? No, because as long as you allow it, it's going to get done that.
Speaker 1: I agree. I think like you have to face it honestly, like and and even if she can't be honest. You have to get her to be honest, like you have to be like, listen, this is ridiculous. We hate each other. Why do we hate each other? Let's talk about it? Would you rather? I would like to figure this out. Let's figure this out together, Like what what can I do? I'll do anything to have as a normal relation. Do you fucking hate me? Like you have to have like a moment of real honesty to get cause you guys then can actually break all the tension and come together. Yeah, sorry that I'm yelling. Okay, yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: That she was passionate. She was talking about her and I. That's how we we also these sisters. Did you write this?
Speaker 1: Let in tell he shut up? Shut up?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: But yeah, but I also can't.
Speaker 7: I can't dime out Chelsea like that.
Speaker 1: But but also I feel like there can't be like tension without two people having the tension, you know what I mean? Like, if you can't, there has to be something coming from you too. That is like an explosive energy, and that's why it should. It needs to combust, you know, Like you can't dance when somebody's not dancing. Yeah, I mean I can't. Actually that's The only time I should be dancing is when no one else is dancing.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 6: But you seem like you're in this thing by yourself, and Chelsea's right, you got to engage you assistant in it because she also has to feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: And you think she writing a letter somewhere about what you got. You know she's not writing a letter.
Speaker 6: She over did baker cookies for your nieces and nephews and you over here trying to figure out how you're going to get your situation back with your sister. You guys, are sisters that that's important to you or it's not. If it is, then some egos are gonna have to shift, some conversations are going to have to happen, and hopefully at the end of it, you guys remain sisters and building a better relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think the time to have this conversation is not at first. She's just said something that activates you. But like before you go into time with your mom or whatever, I can let me.
Speaker 3: Just say this.
Speaker 6: I say wait till she because then she know who Because I'm for real. If you do this, bitch, every time you do this, you activate this. You understand you start training you do this? Did I become this?
Speaker 3: Right? I have the conversation with her here.
Speaker 6: If you want to keep meeting me here, bitch, I'm available to meet you here at this Sorry to keep going.
Speaker 3: Your sister bitch, what are y'all's a bitch?
Speaker 7: But you know what?
Speaker 3: Right for sure? What he is a bitch? I don't know. We got to hear your sister's story. Maybe she'll right there next week.
Speaker 6: But what I'm telling you is the reality is every time she's like this, you got to give her the results of what that is, so that at some point she probably go, whoa, hey, can we talk?
Speaker 3: She might be coming to you to talk because if you're gonna be a warm, bad bitch, so am I.
Speaker 7: That would shock her so badly because I think everyone in my family is so used to me being.
Speaker 3: Like, uh, you know, just so non reactive. Yeah, yeah, that's how I do. And she's not.
Speaker 2: She's not saying this stuff to you to knock at a reaction. She might be surprised at a reaction, but she's saying it to go do you. I mean, even if it's something as simple as like she says something shitdn' hear like wow, I can't believe you felt comfortable saying that to me, or I can't believe you felt it was okay to.
Speaker 3: Say I can't believe it's not butter bitch.
Speaker 6: But I'm telling you right now, is the next time you say something wild to me, I'm all over the place.
Speaker 3: You have the profile of a serial killer.
Speaker 6: You're the sayd serial killers, laid, dormant, nothing, doing nothing. They also running businesses and bacon cookies and shit, and then one day you're gonna flip out. I make sure it redect my address from anything that might.
Speaker 3: Be on any paperwork.
Speaker 6: If you're not gonna come kill me for giving you advice, I can tell you where Chelsea lives.
Speaker 1: Actually, I have to move because you stayed here. Oh that's the thing.
Speaker 10: They gotta move.
Speaker 7: I have considered from time to time saying to her, you know, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Could you repeat that?
Speaker 7: She could actually hear herself say like, that's.
Speaker 1: A good first step. Could you repeat that, that's a good first step on your journey back to ye.
Speaker 3: Could you repeat that?
Speaker 6: Because I know I know you want yeah, yeah, Somewhere in the middle is some good advice for you on this. I think it's somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 3: Like I we definitely unfortunately got sky very high, but that stands out like that.
Speaker 6: But I do I do want you, like, no matter what all joking aside with this, we do want you to have this conversation with your sister. You owe it to yourself because you feel a certain way about it. So even though it maybe you might be nervous about it, you're intimidated by it. I promise you once you have that conversation, whether it's good or bad, there's gonna be a relief that you feel because at least you're gonna have some better answers than you do now.
Speaker 3: You have no idea what's going on with you and your sister.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 1: That's a very good point.
Speaker 2: Like I had several years ago a similar conversation with my sister where we like went to dinner. We knew we were going to hash some shit out. We had a lot of Martini's, Like we talked about it, and like there were some things that she had said to me in the past that she didn't know were as hurtful as they were, and it was, you know, repetitive stuff, And there were things I had said to her that I had no like dumb jokes I was trying to make, and like, oh that was really actually very hurtful to her. So it really was eye opening to be able to like have a conversation where you know, you are going in to have this conversation about like we need to work some shit out, We need to figure some stuff out so that we can be around each other when we want to be here for our mom, because that's where you want to be.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, that is the most important thing to me, exactly.
Speaker 7: And you know, I like, I mean, my mom is in really good health, but you know, I like to think that she sees this tension even though she absolutely refuses to weigh in on it, and I think she would like she would like to leave this earth knowing that her two girls love each other and can get along.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And somebody wants to be the cycle breaker. Yeah, so be that person you can break my Yeah. So what you're doing isn't working, So you have to change your approach and then break the cycle. Be a disruptor. This is a good disruptor. You're a bad disruptor. All right, Well, I'm glad you called in and keep us posted. Let us know what happens.
Speaker 7: Yes, I really appreciate the advice and all the good advice that y'all give on your show over the years of It's helped me a lot in different areas, and I've passed it along to other people that have come to me for advice. It's just, you know, you guys could be just like drinking Martini's all day and not helping people. But you're spending your time doing this and I'm really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Katie, I love that. Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: All Right, good luck with this conversation.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thanks, you can do it, all right, and that's it for us today. Thank God. This is so I know, I know, but I have to be honest. I dropped out during the middle of one of those letters. I just was like, my head was in the fucking clouds thinking about what I'm gonna eat later.
Speaker 8: I picked some very like complicated.
Speaker 1: This is a great episode, great questions. I like all the drama heavy stuff like that. Even when I'm today, I brought it and listen again. I'm so excited to be on Chelsea Network. This is I can't wait till we get you the color of your Foundation right. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I can't wait till you stop bringing that up. Bitch. I told you I'm fine. Don't worry. Don't be checking bitches about their face. Thank you.
Speaker 6: So anyway, if you want to hear less helpful advice but more in your ass shit, please go listen to your The problem myself included with Yama on the Dear Chelsea Network.
Speaker 1: This is very exciting, you guys, please go listen to Ya so you can get a dose of her the way I want you to understand what my life is like. So I want everyone to Yeah, and you can follow her on Instagram also, but if you see her do a live please report her to me, to you or to answering.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now that she has a podcast, she does not need to do as many lives in a blue Okay that means on every thirty seconds?
Speaker 3: No, it does it all right?
Speaker 1: I love you sort of?
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: I love you?
Speaker 10: Okay, you know you do.
Speaker 1: It's called what's You're the problem? You're the problem?
Speaker 3: Would you like to learn the name.
Speaker 6: It's also Katine, I love you too. If you're the problem with Yama Nika on Dear Chelsea Network.
Speaker 1: Do you want to get a massage before you go to the airport tonight.
Speaker 3: I would love to.
Speaker 2: If you want advice from Chelsea, write into Dear Chelsea podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Dear Chelsea is a production of iHeartMedia.
Speaker 2: Follow Chelsea on all socials at Chelsea Handler, and find Katherine on TikTok at flash Cadabra. Dear Chelsea is edited and engineered by Brandon Dickert executive producer Katherine Law. Find full video episodes and minisodes now on Netflix, and get tickets to see Chelsea live at Chelseahandler dot com.