Speaker 1: Show, Hey, showing off, Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros. This is leading Off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports Books. It is me, Joey p Joe Piezapio with me today is the Welsh as always, and of course it's you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks talking baseball. Julio Rodriguez is in the Derby. Welsh, I'm excited about that. We've got some more news and notes, some injuries to talk about. Joey Otani is the greatest thing since slice bread, and Slice Bread is pretty cool. I watched the whole documentary about Sliced Bread True Story on the History Channel because I'm a big giant dork. But Welsh, You're a dork too, which is why I love you and Julio in the home run Derby. Are you excited now?
Speaker 2: I am quite happy. Earlier in the week I had actually expressed my desire for I've always got you know, you always want to talk and everybody wants to talk about like some of the specific things on like All.
Speaker 3: Star Games, isn't it fun? And let's talk about the team.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, how can we make it better and earlier in the week. One of my ideas was we go full money. We throw all the money in the world at these things, like five million dollars to the winner to get it excited.
Speaker 1: The other it.
Speaker 2: Would be, yeah, we do to get like some of the good young guys. And I was like, I would probably jump up and down.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to do it here.
Speaker 2: If Julio was in that contest, I think that would make it really exciting. And now you've got a dude.
Speaker 3: That is for me. This is interesting, a guy that is.
Speaker 2: Actually older than me that is in the Home Run Derby and a guy that theoretically could be my son based on age.
Speaker 3: So it's a cool place to be in.
Speaker 2: The introspective place for it. I am jacked for Julio Rodriguez.
Speaker 3: But my question is.
Speaker 2: When and what are we doing with our home run contest for the Home Run Derby.
Speaker 1: Have it? I have it? I will share when everybody here. I know people are still joining the show. Is what happens, you know, you start a new and people start to join, they go to their lunch break. So Kelly Kirby are our own. Indeed, Wonky Penguin has has again saved us as she always loves God bless the wonky penguin. She basically has an idea that I was kicking around. She has, of course expressed it better than I did upgrade. We're gonna share it later, but you know, with the Julio to the Derby News, here's a question for you. I made a comment yesterday because I did the VP show yesterday with our own Tom viola or viola I should say, like Frank Yola. I don't know why I said viola, but Tom and I were talking and I made the point about look the Derby because of the time element, it does favor the more athletic, good shape kind of dudes a little bit more, just a little bit. Julio certainly fits that bill, as does Wan. So do you think Julio's got a shot here at this?
Speaker 2: I really really do as well. I quit a super super quick hands. You've seen it kind of on display. Also, if you think about just wearing down now, the only thing that could be interesting is I don't personally know if he's taken part in something like this now, Like if you've ever been to a field before a game. Now, here's one thing that happens, and this is something I kind of missed because I haven't been around it as much over obviously with COVID the last couple of years I did in the AFL is during batting practice, these guys will run these little mini home run contests, and I've seen lots of different guys. I remember Daniel Johnson, who used to be with the Guardians, ended up winning a home run contest in BP. But Julio hasn't done a lot of this stuff. The AFL one year did it. The Arizona Fall League did a home run contest and then it got the funked. They bringing it back for this coming year, So that's one thing to consider. There's athleticism and the ability to potentially not wear down. But there are some veterans in here, like pet A Lonzo and Wansto who've done this before and maybe know how to manage their time.
Speaker 3: So for the first.
Speaker 2: Time in forever, I am excited for the home run derby.
Speaker 3: I'm actually gonna watch it good.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're you're frozen excited. Let's go to the headlines show Haltani. He picks up two run triple oh and struck out twelve guys and oh, by the way, him and him and Aaron Judge of swapped places for the MVP last night.
Speaker 2: And so last night I was doing a whole bunch of looking at stuff and I saw that, and this must have flipped because I was on Betting Pros. It's actually become one of my favorite things to do because it's the aggregate of people are not going to betting Pros dot com. You can just go and you can see the aggregate of all the sites. I saw that Judge was one oh five and Otani was one fifteen minus by the way, minus one o five minus one fifteen, which for all intentsive purposes is dead even there the same and you and I, what three weeks ago, we're talking about Otani at four hundred.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and I got Otani at five, where I told everybody's like, look, it might not get better than here, might get, you know, worse. It's certainly gotten worse. I am officially this morning taking my money out of Aaron Judge too, So I cashed out aarone cashed it. Yeah, And there's a part of me that's thinking right now, maybe I'm getting a little greedy, But Otani for cy Young is at plus eight to fifty right now, just saying what a story that would be? The story that would be.
Speaker 2: I just finished up and released my redraft ranks over at in This League dot Com finally today, but we did an episode on in This League of it was actually Fantasy Pro's rest of season aggregate rank versus my rank, and O'tani was one of probably like five guys that I found the most difficult, because there's always that part of you that's like, is there like a taper back situation? They gotta do stretch out the rotation, but they don't have any depth to it. He's looking like the best pitcher in baseball and a top ten hitter in baseball as well, so it is quite quite amazing. And if he hits I think I saw I don't know who it was, Hayman or something, but if he wins a Cy Young, he assuredly has to win the MVP, right, it has to be a relation.
Speaker 3: If you're doing well.
Speaker 1: You remember the beginning of the year, I think I was saying that it wouldn't it be fun to get a bet where show hey for both and I was waiting for that. Somebody to post that as a special hasn't posted yet. I feel like we're getting off a close.
Speaker 3: To I think next year you might see that.
Speaker 2: Like I think some of the smaller gambling sites, that would be something that would have been really really good, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twelve to one or something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Yeah, I mean preseason, I think you could probably create some better odds like fifteen to one. I mean, to win it both is an absurd thought. I mean, it's easy now.
Speaker 1: It's easy right now to see a coming. Look, McClanahan was great last night. We'll get to all of it. You know what else was good yesterday? John Gray, our guy DFS yesterday, our cheap guy. Remember that. Well, he struck out nine guys, seven scoreless innings for John Gray. Terrific. Jose I Glacias, Yes that jose Iglesius. It's a homer and drives in six runs. That's a stunning number for him. That's all the whole month total. Austin Hayes, one of my favorite dudes, racks up four hits on his own, ten straight wins for the O's, ten straight wins for the Mariners. They are on fire right now. Ti Oscar Rnandez Homers twice to lead the Blue Jays with their new manager to a W. So that was very important there. Jesse Winker, he is back and the Mariners, as I said, won their tenth game. Joe Adell was also back again amazing on TRIPLEA. So here we go again. So is this the Joe Adele run?
Speaker 3: Well, I put my hands up. I don't know where to put my hand I don't know. Man.
Speaker 2: Adele and Kelnick are far beyond I think any of our understanding anymore.
Speaker 3: My understanding.
Speaker 2: Adele is a freak athlete. But you know, I had heard two years ago there was someone who had a contact with one of the coaches in the organization. Don't want to tell all the people, but this coach was like, this kid cannot hit anything over ninety three because of the cheating on breaking pitches.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, that's interesting. And sure enough, that's what you've seen, you know, in.
Speaker 2: The lower levels a lot less breaking pitches and can just sit on the fastball. And that adjustment has been so bad for him, so crazy for him. And you would think, and this might be the this may just take this away that we ever think this happens, but nothing rubbed off on him. No, oh, Tani and trout with this kid every single day. Sure, nothing rubbed off. Nothing seemed to catch on. So, you know, cross your fingers. We see plenty of these guys that we get frustrated with. You were talking Taylor Ward yesterday, These guys that just pick it up and find it at twenty seven, I'm thinking that's gonna kind of be the case, you know, I hope so, so he's not the next Monty Harrison.
Speaker 1: Well, here's a question for you. Who is a more tortured soul Multi Grammy winning artist Adele or those people who have rostered Joe Adell in their fantasy leagues this year?
Speaker 2: Ooh ooh, that might be a song that sounds like a country song.
Speaker 1: By the way, You're right, I don't know. I mean, Adele has been pretty, but she seems to be happy now in life. She's She's like, I feel like she's just moved in with some guy or something like that. So I'm thinking that it's the people of roster Joe Adell who are actually more tortured this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. And she lost weight. She seems to be kid too.
Speaker 1: I could I could be wrong on that anyway, Frances hold the door at a three run homer. Yesterday is the Mets beat the Braves seven to three. Uh, they beat up on Charlie Morton, So that's important. Also, it's important to the injuries. Frankie Montas shoulder will not start this weekend. Oh what a surprise. So everybody thought he was gonna start. They're pushing it back, They're giving it a little bit more time. M Oh oh baby, this is this is.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna preemptively tell you I hate this injury list that you have here.
Speaker 1: I hate it. Hey, okay, let's keep going Eloya Menez day to day with right leg. I am losing my patients with ALOI I am two plantations. I actually am too exits with the tight shoulder. MRI upcoming. Stay tuned, Yankee fans. This is a problem. This is a big problem. This is my thing. It's like, look, Nester Cortez can't be this great forever. What happens if Sevarino breaks down. It's a big start today for Nestor Cortez. I feel like today Lewis Castillo, the Yankee should just say why don't you just stay to Louis Castillo like you're here, just get a hotel, just stay, don't go back on the team playing with the Reds. Let's figure this out. Just wait, this is the audition here for Luis Castillo. Iron Savali left his start due to a sore wrist. Brian Reynolds with the oblique as yes to resume the baseball activities. The old obliques take a long time. Good news X rays were negative on Trevor Storre's hand. That's the only bit of good news. But the Severino one, this is a big one, Welsh, I'd be very concerned if I would be, you.
Speaker 3: Know, that was another one of those.
Speaker 2: I went pretty hard aggressive on just how awesome Severino was playing. It looked like it was like og Severino. And then sure enough, right as I was finishing up those rest of season at least this month's rest of season redraft stuff. That injury makes me go into a spiral. When I see like a shoulder injury like that for a guy like this who has had some injury problems, I go into a spiral of how do you rank and evaluate him the rest of the season. Because this is the type of thing that can take him down. I don't want a tight shoulder. So even if if it comes back really good, okay, that's positive. I don't even know if we are at a point in this season where you could let him come back, pitch a little bit and still have time to trade him if you and get good value and make people forget about this injury. If you could, I might try to do that, but I worried very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd be worried to Uh it looks like John Hayman should be worried. One of our favorite mascots of the show. Uh So, Ozzie Geehan challenged John Hayman to a fight. You know, I thought the Adrian Peterson Levy on bellboxing match was going to be something that has my attention. But no, no, no, it's Ozzi Gian versus John Hayman. Here's the tweet from Ozzie Gian. My wife will be mad but tired of this liar talking about me. You're jealous, you're a jealous man, and he spelled you are incorrectly.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, there's yeah.
Speaker 1: We Kings is the second language, so I get exactly because I can't speak Spanish this well or write it this well, Uh, you're a jealous man that with me with s English do your job too. All you do is lie about stories. I get paid to talk baseball, just like you. I said, I love Tony, but I gave my opinion and he know how I feel. You always hate.
Speaker 2: I will say, Ozzie Gian sounds like me when I text fast, Like I think we're about this.
Speaker 3: I think it's about the same thing.
Speaker 2: Like if you've ever received a text from me, you've definitely received a text where I'm like, I'd be on soon, call me give talk later and then I'll spell later wrong and then I'll correct it with the stars. So that's definitely that I can relate with him. I feel for Ozzie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anyway, this is just too funny. Also something to take into account when you're making wagers is this weekend, you know a third of the two thirds of the Royals are going to travel to Toronto ten, including Andrew, Ben and Tende. I will not be traveling with the team with Maryfield. Well, who's heard anyway, Hunter Dozer, m J. Melendez, Michael Taylor, brad Keller. Pretty singer is a bunch. It's a big chunk. So all in on gosplan tonight. And yeah, on a secondary note, also none of those guys who also opted out or not playing in Canada. Also no reports of measles, mumps or rubella or any other things that they've all been backstated for which I just want to look it up.
Speaker 2: I will point out with that two things that are interesting I have not the books are completely away from it. They're not doing anything. There's no like I was immediately looking. I'm like, what's the total base Margaron Vladimir Guerrero today? I want to take a look. Haven't seen it. I haven't gone in. I was just on the aggregate. And the thing I'm dying for is the list of guys that's taking over. And I haven't seen that because the one I'm speculating on the sure the sheer amount of these. There's five outfielders. This team is not rostering. Five outfielders.
Speaker 1: Two kids, Grab a glove. You might be able to play for the Royals.
Speaker 3: I mind, me and cousin Donnie, We're gonna get out there.
Speaker 1: Who, by the way, is starting a podcast. I don't know.
Speaker 3: If you don't know, he's not.
Speaker 1: First of all, his kids are going to be over my house the next two days.
Speaker 3: Is there going to be the cousinani?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, but he is. He bought a microphone yesterday on Amazon fund. He's been talking about this for a year, So look out because that's amazing and that's the.
Speaker 3: Thing I wanted to add.
Speaker 2: I we got to help produce that that's amazing podcast. But Nick Proto, that would be the guy that would be looking at in that organization. Five outfielders which he can play. I mean, he's more of a first baseman and just a sure amount of guy. I have to imagine that Prato who is on the forty man this will be his major league debut shot.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard anything about it.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of interested in that if it does go down because I'm a Nick Proto guy.
Speaker 3: And Annie pas Quentino there's not Donnie.
Speaker 2: Annie Paspentino got the run on it, but look for Nick Prodo if he gets a little bit of run this weekend.
Speaker 1: I guess that is his real name for those of you wonder, and he is now jumping into the podcast game. He saw me do it. He's like, if that moron can do it, I can certainly do it better.
Speaker 2: And he's like, that's my entire life of doing in this league and anytime podcast.
Speaker 3: Me and they're like, well, I could do that.
Speaker 1: Good time. All right, let's get to some fun facts, and of course fun facts always means Johelo Toni at least, you know, a couple times a week. Shohy Atani in his last four starts forty five strikeouts, one earned run. The only pitchers in Major League Baseball history to have a four start span with forty five plus strikeouts and one total earned run. Randy Johnson, Clayton Kershaw, Chris Saylee, Jacob mcgram that's it. That's the entire list right there. And another fun one here, This is for Seane McClanahan. Sean McClanahan has allowed twenty one earned runs in eighteen starts and struck out one hundred and forty seven batters. The only guys to do that in Major League Baseball history is just one, actually two, Louis Tian in nineteen sixty eight and Pedro Martinez in the year two thousand. So Jim mccla that's the problem is like, I want to go in right now because Otani's at eight and a half, but you still got McClanahan and Verlander, and all I'm waiting for is that one blister or that one thing with one of those guys, and all of a sudden, the Tani number just drops off. I think it could be.
Speaker 3: That's an impacting speculative move. That's what I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: It was like, if I'm in on Verlander, and I am, I'm gonna make on probably about one hundred dollars worth of bets over one thousand dollars of Verlander wins aside. I'm just being completely transparent. Actually did the math the other day, right, So I've done all my wagers. I have all locked in. That's it on Verlander. So I'm looking for my hedge and I keep looking at that because they'll at two to one on the clanahand or I can get eight and a half with O Tommy. I kind of want to hedge with Otani and I know.
Speaker 3: But Otani's a cool one.
Speaker 2: I like, wank you just put down there, which I agree with, unless they shut McClanahan down, like I think he.
Speaker 1: Is the realm. But they're in the playoff race. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, No, I don't know what the numbers look like like this is one of those bets, you know when you look at like these big ones. The play sometimes could be take your three favorites with good odds, place the same amount of money on them, lower the overall odd if one hits, but you've pushed them up simply because you've got three great ones. This is probably a point I'm not looking. I have absolutely no idea. Imagine McClanahan as like plus one fifty, and then you're gonna have Verlander at like two fifty.
Speaker 3: And I mean, Ifhotoni is at eight to one.
Speaker 1: Well look, I just think Verlander's gonna get more than twenty wins this or twenty. And if he does, I mean, look it's I'm telling you, the general Baseball voting public still does not care as much about Seane mcclanahan's legacy as they care about Justin Verlander. Justin Verlander is an easy vote for those people who vote. I'm telling you right now it is, and it's gonna piss a lot of people off because people gonn say mclanahan's worthy. I'm telling you right now, I still think it's Verlander's to lose.
Speaker 2: We do see stupid stuff like that where when it's close, you know, the writers will go to the guy with the history.
Speaker 3: So it's almost like the because.
Speaker 1: The writers are still a bunch of older people who still typically just watch the one team. It's kind of like watch Shane McClanahan starts. I'm telling you, it's kind of.
Speaker 2: Like the the umpires with not giving young guys calls. They're giving very calls and stuff like that, and then they'll do the makeup. They'll do the makeup. You know, it's like next year writers will give the makeup to McClanahan when he's not quite as good or whatever.
Speaker 3: I see what you're saying here.
Speaker 2: I mean, I still like McClanahan, but it's a it's a muddy it's a muddy situation where some of these others are not so much all right.
Speaker 1: Also, here's another fun fact. We had a lot of fun facts today. Forty two percent of this year's All Star selections were internationally born. Now I'm not internationally known, but I am known to rock a microphone. And this is a fun stat. Baseball is a global game. I thought that was pretty cool this day in baseball yesterday was Pedro Martinez. How about today. In nineteen ninety five, Ramone Martinez, let's not forget about Ramone. Talk about living in your brother's shadow. You're the big brother and there's little brother. Ramone was the older one through his first no hitter on the first of the season against the Los Angeles as the Los Angeles Dodgers, excuse me, beat the then Florida Marlin seven. Nothing. Actually had a perfect game through seven in this one, so they.
Speaker 3: Love didn't Pedro threw a no hitter?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: I was about to say that has to a stat would be the only brother duo to throw a no hitter? Would have to be done, right? Could pro thre it would be?
Speaker 1: Could be?
Speaker 3: Then are we sure Pedro threw a no hitter?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's a good question. I just assumed he had.
Speaker 2: I did too. I like, as soon as I saw this, I was like, oh, brothers did this. But now I'm thinking, I don't know if Patri trying.
Speaker 1: To think of other brothers that pitched, you know that. That's why I think that micros what about pasqual and Melito Perez? Is that is that a good I don't think one of them actually threw no Yeah, give me wrong, let's let's let's figure that out here. In the meantime, here's a little trivia before you think about and chew on while we give you the stat heroes and zeros from last night's games. Dansby Swanson, number one pick overall, made his first All Star team this year. He was number one pick overall in twenty fifteen. Who is the last number one overall pick before Swanson to be named to the All Star Team? So I guess you know the answer? You can guess.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Carlos Korea.
Speaker 1: That is correct. It is Carlos Ka. So there you go.
Speaker 3: Well, sorry, I ruined it.
Speaker 1: Wow, we to take the sales out of the trivia foreverything you should have told me.
Speaker 2: No, I felt really considered about this one. That's my fault. I'm sorry, everybody. I'm just too small for your own game. Kind of on fire on these with Alfonso.
Speaker 1: Pretty crappy by the way, you know, I mean Royce Lewis in twenty seventeen, still work in progress. In twenty sixteen, I keep coming back to Mickey Moniac and I keep and I remember that year screaming on every bit of content that was on. How in the world can you have thousands of prospects, and you guys all collectively land that Mickey Moniac in Philadelphia is the best one to pick. I couldn't believe it at the time. I screamed the other about it. Then I'm still screaming about it. They kept talking about him like he was Mickey Mantle, just because Mickey Mantle was his favorite player. I don't care he is. Are you kidding me? Two hundred? At the major league level.
Speaker 2: It's one of the things I hate the most. And watch out for this weekend, dude, watch out for this weekend when.
Speaker 3: The draft is going on.
Speaker 2: Is these teams that buy the you know, they're scentially buying these prospects that cheaper prices. Mickey Moniac was taken because they were able to get a discount. I don't remember the full draft of what happened.
Speaker 1: You want a discount or do you want a player that's going to be in your organization for a decade.
Speaker 2: These teams think what they're going to do is they're gonna, you know, save a million dollars at the top, and then they're going to use that later to convince a player or overpay slot. Listen, you don't do that with the first overall pick or your first round pick.
Speaker 3: In my eyes, you don't go in.
Speaker 2: Maybe if you have like the twelfth pick or something and you want to save some money, Okay, you got.
Speaker 3: Like a top five pick.
Speaker 2: I'm not saving money for later in the draft. I'm taking the best players. The amount of times one one.
Speaker 1: It's amazing how often the one pick is not.
Speaker 2: And the number one team that does it has the number one pick this weekend, and the Orioles they continuously do it. They did it last year taking Cowser, they took Heshton Khurshtad the year before, and there aren't he.
Speaker 3: Rutchman was one of the few. I don't remember if he was one over Yeah, I think he was one.
Speaker 1: He was looking.
Speaker 3: We're sitting at it again. We're sitting in a situation where there are a lot of rumors out there.
Speaker 2: Jones is the theoretical consentus number one overall pick, but there are rumors abound that there's about four or five other directions they could go because there are so many. Here's the key, not that everybody cares. There are so many injured, injured high school and college pitchers out there that are dealing with Tommy John issues and stuff that they can go and spend big money in the compensatory round on some of these guys that are first round talent that are slipping. So it's messy, it's dirty, it's gross, Hate it and just be on the lookout for it.
Speaker 1: Brady Aiken in twenty fourteen, Mark Apell in twenty thirteen, Korea in twenty twelve, Garrett Cole, Bryce Harper, there was a good run there, Steven Strasburg for a little while, Tim Beckham in two thousand and eight, David Price in two thousand and seven, Luke Hoacheverr in two thousand and six, and other thoracic outlet syndrome guy and Tommy John, Justin Upton in five, Matt Bush and O four, Delman Young and O three, Brian Bullington in two thousand and two, Joe Mauer in two thousand and one, and Adrian Gonzales in two thousand.
Speaker 2: So Matt Bush is another one of those overpay or underpay at that first overall slot save a bunch of money, and that did not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the tracker gets really working out for cheaping out of the number one pick. Mickey moniac Well Korea.
Speaker 2: Corea was actually one of those, just to point out that was the same year I think Buxton and Brian, not Brian, but Buckston and someone else and they passed. And Carlos Korea, I think, was the number one overall pick you to save money. That's probably the last one I remembered.
Speaker 1: But Carea looked like a franchise player, like Frank cars Carea like I saw play as a high schooler, and I was like, yep, like that.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah he was compared to a rod.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was not.
Speaker 2: But he was one of those guys that didn't belong in the like number one overall conversation.
Speaker 3: But he did work out. He did work out, he did.
Speaker 1: John Gray was the number two overall pick. He's worn out nine K seven innings stat Hero draw strippling six k's seven scoreless, Showyo Tani twelve k's one earned and six and Shane McClanahan six k's six innings, one earned. Tioscarnandez had his two bombs, jose A Glaci's had a huge night. Hosey Miranda three for five with a homer, Corona Worth two for three with a homer, Jon Soto one for two with a homer, Eddie Rozario with a homer three for four, Forty Freeman three for threes to a fair Child two for three with a homer, Brandon Belt two for four with a dong, and Sam Hilly earned three for five. The losers Zach Wheeler six earned runs and four and two third not good. Charlie Morton five earned in five, same with Josiah Gray. Tony Gonsolin Welsh five earned runs five.
Speaker 3: I put it on the article.
Speaker 2: I think I think I put it on the article a couple of weeks ago, but I mean it's bound to happen. We can't victory lap any of the regression yet it's one start, Oh I can.
Speaker 1: I'm getting my back. It's gonna be hurt from all the victory last. My legs are tired. Paul Blackburn also bad. So there you go. Mike Maher got his way, and look, of course that was gonna come back down to earth. But this is why you sell high on guys. We talked about it, sure, Martine Perez, and look, you knowbody wants sell high on Tony Gonsolin. Here we go, let's go. Eno swears one for seven five K's Byron Bucks and over five of four Golden sombrero hat trick for Judge O four with three, no On Ormann four to three, Jeremy Pano for three, and Kyle Schwarbro four three. Fifteen people called young Carlos Stanton correct yesterday in the home run contest, So that has us moving. So take a look at the board. High Cubby's up to thirty five, now, Niking of the North down to twenty seven. Actively lazy at twenty six. That's a new one on the board. I like, actively lazy. Terry's got twenty eight, Title Chasers got thirty, Larry SE's got thirty, some guy named Mike Mayer's got thirty, and de Blum's still at thirty two. So there you have it.
Speaker 2: That's what my home run. My home run win yesterday was like throwing a you know what is it? The deck chair off the Queen Mary, You're off the Titanic.
Speaker 3: And I ain't wing a whole lot for me.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, I got Stanton, but I am a far distance away.
Speaker 1: To answer the previous question. By the way, Pedro had a nine inning no hitter and then the game went to extra innings. And he got pulled.
Speaker 3: So so he never had an averhead technical hitter.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, so we have no brothers. So there's a stat froom. We have no brothers in history?
Speaker 1: Thy Yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't think. I can't think of off the top of my head, I don't really no out lighter and uh his brother Mark.
Speaker 2: Any do we have any fans? Okay, let's move it to family. Do we have any like father son do? I'm trying to even think of like the father son starting picture duos that even exist out there.
Speaker 3: We obviously have the hitters they have at Pluck hitters, but.
Speaker 2: I can't really think of I mean, even like I was thinking, like Tom Gordon's kids both were position players. I don't know of any really crazy amount of father son duos that are doing that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, let's move on to some betting pros. With bet mgm, the King of sports books, bet ten dollars to win two hundred regardless of the outcome. Sign up today and download the bet mgm app or go to betmgm dot com. Enter the promo code leading off again, that's leading off one word, bet ten to win two hundred at it all on show. Hey, Tony for MVP and you'll make some money there.
Speaker 3: Crown looks extra big today. I don't know if I don't pay it to. I go to my.
Speaker 1: Sees, see the interior is starting to come apart.
Speaker 3: Oh, your head's pushing it out.
Speaker 1: Cut he guys like, I'm always so forceful, it's now pushed it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take ten dollars and buy a new.
Speaker 2: Crown now, okay, And I think it's a good investment. I usually go over to the sheet so I can start looking.
Speaker 3: At mine when you do that. So I got a real good glance on that. I was like, it looks extra extra big on you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think you losing weight in my melon. Uh, Dizzy and Daffy Dean. I don't know, Like somebody go research this. You're just sitting there watching use.
Speaker 3: Those cartoon characters.
Speaker 1: Okay, they were all right. Here are your guys for tonight. Blake Snell on FanDuel. Five and a half is the k prop. Let's go over on the minus one oh eight. That's a good number. Plus one ten on. Kyle writes four and a half strikeouts on FanDuel as well, let's give me. I feel like against the Matsuis steal, against the Yankees offense struggling a little bit. Maybe it's just a little I mean they.
Speaker 3: Won on a wild pitch last have been playing them strong, they really have.
Speaker 1: They gave that one away last night. Five and a half is the number at minus one forty eight and L two a one and a half total bases. That's over in DK plus one oh five is ramiror is at the sugar House total bases one and a half. That's even money as well. Welsh, what do you got from the props today?
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you I love and I didn't put it on here because you did it.
Speaker 3: I love the Jose Ramirez one one of my favorites of the day. Money at one and a half even money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're gonna play those, Yeah, if you're gonna play those total bass, give me go.
Speaker 1: Update Dizzy and Daffy Dean did throw no hitters the Dean Brothers.
Speaker 2: There you go, sure, Dizzy and Daffy. That's fantastic. Mickey Mouse is the through a perfect game. Yeah, Jose Ramirez my favorite, this one. I know it feels weird, but I'm really in on it Nester Cortez five and a half strikeouts. He's hit this in two of the last three. Reds are twenty six in baseball and strikeouts and something I was taking a look at that June really slumped him. Now, I guess we don't have enough of a sample size to know if July has turned it, but it's much more reminiscent of his May he was striking out eight point six or that's the Reds eight point six strikeouts per game. Over the last three they've been striking out two ten point six. But I was looking k pre nine on Nester Cortes was sitting in the low.
Speaker 3: Eights in June. Mid ninees in May.
Speaker 2: Were back to mid ninees in July, so strikeout numbers seem to be coming back. I like this one, trying to, you know, just target the Reds and pinpoint them. So I like the Nester Cortez one and then a Goofy one. Carlos Santana, who's been on a really good hot streak since he's joined the Mariners, got an almost three seventy average career wise versus Martine Perez, so total base one and a half over, and I believe this is like solid plus money. I don't remember what it was, maybe one fifteen, So Carlos Santana, nest Cortes, Jose Ramirez.
Speaker 3: Those are my three. I really like.
Speaker 1: Here's the DFS STA for tonight. Boys and girls, get ready. This is gonna be the easiest not a DFS in your life. On DK A point six k Kevin Gosman against whoever's left of the Royals. Just lock it up. They just fired the manager. All the bats woke up last night.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be choc though it was getting crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't care. They don't care. Again, it's better to be right then different. I think it might be so chalk. People are gonna get off it. They're gonna they're gonna talk themselves out of it. For the same reason they're like, oh, it's gonna be two chalk good. Chuck is good, excellent, especially the green chalk. It looks like money.
Speaker 3: It's on boards.
Speaker 1: But you gotta get the second picture right. Franber Valdez nine point seven against the Halos. Why not? Or you could go with Kyle Wright eight point five save a lot of money, or you can dip into the again. The multiple outcome game of Carlos for Don versus Burns tonight, which is gonna be tricky. Carls Rodon much cheaper at nine point three. I think that's the right I would go with Gosman. I think that's your key to unlocking the chalk a little bit. But you gotta have Gospin tonight. Best Gossman lineup wins at the end of the day over on FanDuel. You gotta pay ten point one for Gosmin. That's fine by me. Everybody else is super expensive. Right is more money, Valdez is more money. Ro Don's more money, Burns is more money. Go stack the Mets, go stack the Astros, and go get Kevin Gosman. Lineup builders, Nolan Jones at two k free square on DK, Markana at three point three, elens Dz at three point two, diaz on Fandel two point two very free, uh Markana two seven, Stephen Kwan the Quanta two point five tonight. I'm going home run going Marcus Simeon tonight against the again. Things have got to turn for the Mariners eventually, So give me Marcus Simeon tonight to get things off on the right foot. How about you Welsh, where are you going tonight?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pick on Elvin Rodriguez is eleven era, go with my total base guy. I'm gonna go with Jose Ramirez. Try to make it two in a row. Please, There you go, two in a row. What's Mayor got today? He's got Matt Carpenter. So there you go, Matt Carpenter. There you go, sure Mayor?
Speaker 1: Sure sure thing. There also one another note to Jacob DERIZI came back, had a good start. I think he's gonna stick in that rotation, and I'm starting to get the feeling that Christian Javier after last night might be back bullpen pound, which is really gonna upset me, but I think it's the best move for the team. Do you think that's gonna happen here after the break, because it's starting to feel like that might be the case.
Speaker 3: I think on I think that, Yeah. I mean, I'm definitely a cell high on Javier for sure.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The only thing, though, is won if that team would benefit from pushing that six man rotation with everything you talked about with Verlander and stuff like that, like shortened stints a little bit, get all of them out there.
Speaker 1: I just wonder I don't think they're gonna do it. I don't think they have to do it. But again, an injury at any given time changes the dynamic. A lot of things, a lot of baseball things to watch today. The Yankees, Reds are important. I want to see what Gospin does tonight. Great prime time late night game here with Corbyn, Burns and Grodn had to head. It's a good night for baseball, it's good night for us here. We hope you enjoyed the show. Will be back again tomorrow to do it all again. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p. We'll see an X doc. Kids,