Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it. Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Hour two of Kentucky's Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, having number two Contucky Sports Radio eight. I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven, text machine seven seven two, SIMS four five two five four. It was Bill Parcells Ryan that said the grocery line. I said, Bill Bell, gotchi, gotcha? And a lot of a couple of people are noting there was another player on the team, uh whose last name is Tyler, who also was a carryover from the last administration and maybe also was asked if to transfer, Does that change your mind at all?
Speaker 4: Right, Sanaia Tyler?
Speaker 1: Sanaia Tyler, It doesn't change my mind.
Speaker 3: No. Why, I'm like, why would you think he should have kept them both?
Speaker 1: I don't know what the Tyler girls situation is, but let's.
Speaker 3: Just say for sake of artment, because I do think that's important. Is he under obligation then she's a rising senior. Is he under obligation to keep them both and to keep or are you okay with him saying both players don't didn't play a lot? You can stay, you can't? Or does he have to say, like like, does he have to keep because if he says Roe has to stay, then doesn't he also have to give that same opportunity to Tyler.
Speaker 1: I think he does.
Speaker 3: I think Okay, so now you're taking up two of his roster spots just so that you don't hurt people's.
Speaker 1: Feelings, the fourteenth spot and the fifteenth spot on the roster.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, you say that that's not necessarily true. Okay, it may be the case that they go to fifteen, but that might not start till the next year. So you people are just saying that, like that's true, that might not be true. It might be, it might not. We won't know till April seventh. It might be the twelfth spot in the thirteenth spot, and then you only have eleven guys. And I'll just note with the men's team this year, we could have used another guy or.
Speaker 1: To Oh, there's no doubt the men's team could have.
Speaker 3: So let's just again, let's say though, let's let's say that we don't add those extra two spots yet we don't know if it will happen or not. And do you is he under obligation to keep those two folks?
Speaker 1: Under no obligation? But I think perception wise he probably should have.
Speaker 3: So, So as a are you saying that a coach should always keep every player that stays when he comes into a new thing.
Speaker 1: No, no, but I think Cassidy's situation is different.
Speaker 3: Because she's Why is it different than the other girls?
Speaker 1: Cause I just think because she's from Kentucky and she's going to be a senior.
Speaker 3: She's from Well, so this other girl was going to be a senior, wasn't she.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So that's what I'm saying. I just think we have to be consistent. I get that we love people from Kentucky. I have a bias for people from eastern Kentucky. I will fully acknowledge it. It affects how I look at everything because that's where I'm from. I get it. But how do you Ryan look at the girl who's in the same situation as Cassidy and played more minutes and scored more points and said, you go, but I'm keeping her because she's from Kentucky? Like, can you really do that?
Speaker 1: I guess you can, but I don't know if you should.
Speaker 3: Okay, so then you gotta take them both and then and if they don't go to fifteen. Now, all of a sudden, you are really denting into your scholarships.
Speaker 1: So if Cassidy really wanted to play and they don't go to fifteen, why couldn't she just be a walk on?
Speaker 3: Then? Well, I mean maybe she could have but did but maybe she didn't want to do that. I don't know any.
Speaker 1: Understatement she put out where she said I will never wear another color other than blue. I think maybe maybe she would have just taken that option.
Speaker 3: Do you know that?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just talking out loud.
Speaker 5: A lot of blue teams out there too. She could go too, so that would still be true.
Speaker 3: I listen, it's hard. I'm part of me is playing Devil's advocate because I feel like this story. There's a part of me that says, Okay, I understand the sympathy for Cassidy. I get it. I have sympathy. I understand where a dad's coming from. If it was my kid, I'd probably feel the same way. But why isn't Why isn't the state as outraged or as frustrated about the.
Speaker 1: Tyler kid because she's not from here?
Speaker 3: I think, but that just doesn't seem like, Okay, do we want to play big time basketball or not at this tink? Yeah, if you do, then it can't just be that they're from Kentucky. And maybe there is a difference in how Roe and Tyler are. I don't know, I be honest with you, I don't know enough about either one of them to know. But if we're all gonna be outraged about Roe, why aren't you outraged about Tyler? I think you have to ask yourself that question. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know about the Tyler situation.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and so maybe there are things people don't know. I just think we all and I'm as guilty as this as anybody. I'm not putting myself like above this, but we all get outraged about things, and then sometimes when we learn more about them, we take a step back and go, oh, well, wait a minute. I will admit I didn't even know there was another kid that was going to be a senior.
Speaker 1: I didn't either, and that's my fault.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. But now that I know, is he obligated Shannon to take two people out of the kindness of his heart.
Speaker 2: No, No, I don't care where they're from. She could be from the moon for all I care. I just want the best players that he can put together on one team.
Speaker 5: That's a bottom line.
Speaker 3: No. All right, let's switch gears. Let's first second, let's talk about pope statements yesterday, Drew. We'll start with this. He said that he wanted the Mountain Mamba to gain twenty eighteen to twenty pounds in this offseason. I feel like all four of us could have done that for him without him, even like I could if we could gain eighteen to twenty pounds pretty easily. Right, But he says he wants eighteen to twenty pounds. He wants Trent Noah to be thicker. Do you think that's doable in an off season for a kid?
Speaker 4: I think it's doable. And I liked hearing you know that he has a plan for Noah. I don't think Noah would go anywhere, but if anyone was wondering his future and what kind of role he'd have on next year's team, Pope was talking like he's gonna be a big piece and how they're gonna get him in the right shape to even take another step forward. Also found it very interesting that he said Trent Noah has a beautiful body, which.
Speaker 3: Was he didnt say. He did not say he had a beautiful body. And listen, I was sitting up brothers would have said that he would hold it against him if he if he said that.
Speaker 4: I was sitting home with my notepad towing the beautifuls and when he was talking about Trent's body, he called it beautiful.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 4: They're gonna get it in shape. So, just on a serious note, it did sound like they have they want to Noah to be a big part of the team moving forward.
Speaker 3: Thought that there was a.
Speaker 4: Lot about it.
Speaker 3: They say he had a beautiful body.
Speaker 4: Yep, everything's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Man loves the word beautiful, doesn't he.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna try the exact quote, but he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Okay, give me the exact quote. Like I said, the Bellbye Brothers have a song about that. Ryan. Do you think our man from Harlan could get twenty more pounds.
Speaker 1: On man, that's a lot in one off season. That's that's gonna be some serious work in the weight room. I think that's kind of what he was in insinuating we need to get him stronger so we can maybe play a little more down in the paint. But I think they got they do have plans for Trent Noah and.
Speaker 4: The few I found my notes. Okay, he's built I might have exaggerated a little bit, but he said he's built. No, no, it's still it's still pretty close. He said he's built in a beautiful way, talking about his body.
Speaker 5: I've said that before about a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I say that old time about Ryan. He's built in a beautiful way. God's creation over there. He also Pope also said Ryan that they would love to play in the Maley Invitational, but it is on the back burner because they have an obligation that they have to play so many games in rupp Aerna. This is the only depressing thing I've heard from Pope in a while because his inclination. He was essentially saying, don't expect us to play in any of these offseason tournaments because we are required to play home games against bad teams. And I hate hearing that, especially with this new multi you know, this new million dollar in Il tournament that's gonna happen in November, starting the season after next. Like we gotta get. I get, we need the money, but like we got to start playing in some of this stuff. There's only so many times I can watch us play Jackson State.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, and we get jealous when we see these other teams and fan bases going to these other tournaments, and the new tournament you're talking about. We want Kentucky to be a part of that. So we would much rather see that than playing poop two State or somebody at Robe.
Speaker 3: He can't he can't just use a regular school. He has to always say poop shit and he can't just say, like you know, Tennessee Tech. He has to go has to be a bodily func shit. It's beautiful, and it's not beautiful. It's actually the opposite beautiful. I don't like that. I mean I get it, but like these other schools find a way to not have to play all those hold dunes, it feels like we should be able to do it too. We make more money in a home game than anybody. So if you know, if if Alabama and these schools can find a way to do it still get players go to the final four, it feels like we should be able to find a way to do it too, because our fans want to see us play games like that. And then finally, because I left the comedy show, I got to watch my man Ellie go four for five last night with two home runs. The Reds win fourteen to one. Now there's some rumors shinning that Ellie was using the torpedo bat. Yeah, taking over the conversation, the Yankees used it hit like nine home runs. This is the bat that looks like a bowling pin or whatever. I don't know if I haven't seen confirmation that Ellie was using that bat. But if he was, he hit it like four hundred and thirty feet on a home run. What do you think of the torpedo bats as a baseball guys and unfair.
Speaker 2: No, as long as it's within the rules, I think you're gonna see probably every team and probably every player switch to the torpedo bat. It reminds me more. I was telling Ryan, more like a softball bat. But if that's what's working, then I'm for it.
Speaker 3: Ryan, you're okay with a torpedo bat?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess right now. It's legal, there's nothing wrong with it. But it does look like an aluminum softball bat. Just extended barrel goes a lot longer than the old style bats.
Speaker 3: Week you question, why haven't they done this a long time ago?
Speaker 1: The same time.
Speaker 5: It's an invention. You could say that about any invention.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 3: You know how sometimes people go, why don't you just have a goalie in hockey? That's really fat. I have often said why aren't the bats just bigger? And people be like, oh, you don't understand baseball. But now like, okay, the bats are bigger and they're hitting it farther, Drew, it feels like, why didn't they do this a long time ago?
Speaker 4: That was my exact thought. Baseball has been around forever, using the same bat most of the time. Did this I guess it's an mi T person for the Yankees. Did they just wake up when they were like, hey, we could change this and just hit bombs every game.
Speaker 3: We could make the bat bigger. Oh okay, then, like I don't know, Drew, it feels like it should have been an obvious invention. I don't get. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm someone that thinks they should change the baseball to a tennis ball on legalized steroids because I want like twenty to eighteen scores. So I'm hoping that this every team catches on and it really is the bat and they just completely change the game over one guy changing the design.
Speaker 3: I will tell you this, Ellie hit it like one thousand feet yesterday. So if it's the bat, then it feels like Ryan, this will make a huge change on baseball because the Yankees set a record for home runs and then Ellie, just if he was using it yesterday, just crush the ball. Maybe this is like where we're headed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think it's coincidence that that happened. Ellie hitting the four hundred and fifty foot bomb and the Yankees hit twenty five home runs in a game. That's not coincidence. It's definitely the bat. So now y'all guarantee by tonight it'll be more people use it. Tomorrow night, there'll be more people use it, and it's gonna take over.
Speaker 3: Right now now, will the Braves ever win a game?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, they're waiting for August to get hot. I don't know what's going on with them. I mean, they just lost their left fielder for half the season due to a felled drug test. They're in trouble. It's very likely they're gonnat the season.
Speaker 5: Oh and seven. They got to to.
Speaker 3: Five and they still have played the Dodgers two more games, So Drew, are you panicking yet?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's kind of reminded me of last season when there was a lot of hope and optimism. They're one of the favorites to be in the World Series, and they were injured all year. We're five games in and you've already got an eighty game suspension, a starting pitcher injured, all kinds of nonsense, and you're oh and five. It's just it's already killed my hope for the year and it's just now April first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, uh it was. I will tell you this, if they continue making bats where you can hit it six hundred feet, I will watch even more baseball because that was fun to watch last night. Who's next, Ronnie, Ronnie? Go ahead, Ronnie.
Speaker 7: Hey, good morning. So just type of question and maybe a quick comment on April fools. But the first question is, so, what's the purpose of a letter of intent? If you're gonna are you not signing to play for the school?
Speaker 3: And letter of intents are now almost never even signed, because you know, Brandon Knight was the first guy many years ago to not sign a letter of intent, and now I think most top kids don't because what a letter of intent used to do was it would bind you, but it didn't bind the school. So you would have to go there, but the school didn't have to take you. And I think Brandon Knight was the first kid I can remember going, why am I signing this? Like? Why should I bind myself if it doesn't bind them? And so, Actually, I don't think kids even sign them anymore. Sometimes they'll do the ceremonies, but they actually rarely signed the actual document anymore.
Speaker 7: Right, Okay, I mean that makes sense, because it doesn't really. I was just thinking it was a binding issue to the school.
Speaker 3: It's not. The school can still tell you.
Speaker 7: No that yeah, yeah, they would not let you transfer to you know, if you want to get out, you couldn't transfer in conference and things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If I'm a kid, I don't sign it. What was your second?
Speaker 1: Thing?
Speaker 6: Really was?
Speaker 7: So on April Fools one year, I worked at a bus compound for they, you know, picking up students and dropping them off at school. When the bus drivers got back in the morning, I left notes on their key chains with a number to the Louisville Zoo and I put names like Jay Raff or Ella font from there and just spelled them different. And I cracked up just watching all these people come back and called the number.
Speaker 3: See now that is an April I appreciates the call. That's an April fools joke. Ryan would have just like you know, given a false like bust route for everyone should.
Speaker 2: Wheels off the bus.
Speaker 3: But Ryan doesn't understand. Hey, it's our friend at corn read Hym's birthday six years at Kentucky Hemp excellence with co founders Eric and Jim. They tell they're gonna tell you KSR listeners, thank you very much for all that you've done uh for the company. And to celebrate this week, all KSR listeners get thirty percent off their orders of seventy five dollars or more. Just use the code B day. That's right, B day seventy five dollars. And this is even if you've ordered before. This isn't just for new customers. Seventy five dollars or more. Code b day you get thirty percent off. It's a great deal. B day from Cornbread Hemp will take a break. Bary Back's KSR. Yes, this is what this is what Mark Pope asked Trent Noah, I guess yesterday when when I can't believe he said that even the way you read it, driven that's a funny line to me to.
Speaker 4: Say, it's built in a beautiful way.
Speaker 3: It is built in a beautiful way. So the bat ryan is not bigger. They just redistribute the weight. It's the same weight. They just move some of the weight down towards the handle because people end up hitting the ball more on the handle than they do on the barrel. But isn't that probably because of pitching, Like, do you think the pitchers will adjust?
Speaker 1: Now they may try to, but yeah, they into that barrel where it's down and around where the label used to be.
Speaker 3: So Ellie did have that bat, he confirmed. So the Reds all right. Now that again, this is still anecdotal, but the Reds, most of the Reds last night used the bats. So far, the Yankees and the Reds are the only one that have used it. The Reds were able to get it because a manager drove to Louisville and got it from Louisville Slougher. Okay, so just anecdotally. Now, the Yankees put up record offense. Then in the first game the Reds use it, Shannon, they get fourteen runs. So if that's the case, everybody's gonna be using it.
Speaker 2: Soon, right, and then the score will be fifteen to fourteen like Drew once, and it'll be a softball game. So you know you can say, is that good or bad for baseball?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's got people talking about base that's true.
Speaker 1: The entire the entire Braves manager staff is on the road right now on the way to Louisville to get some back.
Speaker 3: They're driving to Louisville to put the ball.
Speaker 5: Is what we needed to get to for the Braves. They're terrible.
Speaker 3: That's it's interesting. So I guess they just got down the I seventy one and we're like, give us all the bats you got. You would think it would take a baseball player time to like have to get used to the new thing. But if Ellie just got him yesterday and then went four or five maybe Drew, it doesn't take that long. Really.
Speaker 4: In all this, I think the biggest surprise is that it was the second hour before you mentioned Ellie's big game. I got here fully expecting this to be Red's radio.
Speaker 3: At the game. We would have if I had been at the game.
Speaker 4: I once I came thought about you every time I saw a new tweet of what he was doing.
Speaker 3: Good. He's so good, and he's so fun.
Speaker 1: Is he the only read to use the new bat last night?
Speaker 3: I know they said a few of them. Did Matt McClean. Did I think he hit home run? Maybe a couple other guys too. Okay, Ellie, I've said this is my favorite. I think he's Drew. I think he's my favorite professional athlete of all time. Whoa, whoa?
Speaker 4: Any sport that's crazy. He is pretty likable. I don't mean the Reds are fine, but he about it.
Speaker 3: So my team's the Bears. Trying to think who's the Bear that I've liked the most, And it was probably like Walter Payton. But I was a little kid, you know, Jack Color time ago. No, I did not like Jake Color, and maybe I liked Urlocker a lot. Then basketball, I've never really had a pro team. I root for the Knicks a little bit. I like the Carolina Hurricanes, but I'm not sure there's one player that has stuck out. And then baseball, you know, I rooted for the Braves. I really like Dale Murphy when I was a kid, but then when I switched to the Reds, everyone has stunk since I've been a fan of him. You know, Maybe I mean I like Tiger and Greg Norman. But I do think dr I think he's my favorite professional athlete. And he's twenty years younger than I am, but he's awesome.
Speaker 4: I get it. I mean I'm not necessarily, I'm not really a Reds fan, but having been to a couple of games, it's hard not to get into the elimania because he seems like such a fun guy, just good personality and of course doing some historic things. So I completely get it.
Speaker 3: All right, Ryan, I have a warning for you. You remember it was about a year ago that I told you, or eight months ago to stock up on eggs.
Speaker 1: You remember that, Oh, yes, that one that long ago you said that.
Speaker 3: And guess what it ended up? Correct? The egg thing became a thing, and now eggs are like forty three dollars an egg. All right, So now I have the next thing. Do you know about America's bee crisis? Bees?
Speaker 1: No? I don't, No, don't.
Speaker 3: Apparently, according to this article I read, eighty percent of the bees in America have died in the last year. Now, apparently that's a high number, Shan, I don't know how many bees died in.
Speaker 5: A year anyway, sounds like a hot It.
Speaker 3: Feels like a lot. And they say that starting this fall, the cost of honey is going to rise substantially. And apparently bees have something to do with pollination of fruits. I don't know the science of it, but that it could lead to higher fruit costs, specifically fruits that are based in America, like oranges. Now I'm not a scientist, but I warned you about the eggs and that came true. So Ryan might be time to stalk up on honey and get ready for your fruit costs to go up. Because and the scientists, by the way, don't know why the bees are dying. They're very concerned. I know Kentucky. I think you may remember this. There's a city in Kentucky that's like the center of bee keeping in America. Do you remember this field, Litchfield. Ye, maybe someone from Lichfield knows why. But Ryan, there's apparently a bee crisis as well.
Speaker 1: I didn't know the bees were dying like that, but I can see why if there's gonna be a spike in honey and fruits. They're very crucial in both of those elements.
Speaker 3: I don't know the science. Why are bees crucial for fruits?
Speaker 1: They like pollinate the like if they go to one tree and they get stuff on their legs and their wings, and they go to another tree just to trans they transforms into the other tree, leaves and it blossoms.
Speaker 4: I was watching his wheels turn as he was trying to get that out.
Speaker 3: What do you mean they so they transform one tree into another tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's stuff gets on their legs and their bodies on one tree.
Speaker 3: Stuff do you know stuff? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: You know, not pollen, but you know the stuff that pollinates the next tree, the other tree.
Speaker 5: But there no, pollen doesn't pollinate. I think it is pollen. I think that's what you're looking for.
Speaker 3: You had it.
Speaker 5: I think it's pollen.
Speaker 3: It's not just stuff.
Speaker 5: I think it's pollen.
Speaker 3: He had it right, He had it right. He talked himself out of it. Yeah, well, anyway, watch out for that because it might end up negative. Who's next? Were forty seconds quick?
Speaker 8: I think you're getting to me. I was just wondering how the football team was looking, but passed out that, uh, basket ball team. They have to we have to play against the SEC. I think you know Mark Pope and you know Ken they have to recruit for SEC games. That's who we play. You better have some Bryce Hopkins on your team. You better so that you know in forty seconds or whatever, you know when y'all got to me. So I appreciate that. Talk about that, y'all take care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, the athletic part is a big part of it. I think it's a good point. We'll talk right there after this. TJ. Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ.
Speaker 4: He'll make them pay.
Speaker 2: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 5: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 3: Welcome back Tucky Sports Radio on text machine seven two seven four five two five four one person rights. Matt, I teach a science class. I'm on break right now. I'm going to use Ryan's explanation of pollination because even though it sounded ridiculous, he actually was correct.
Speaker 1: How about that, Ryan, I kind of knew what I wanted to say. I didn't know if the words came out the right way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they didn't. But you were still in the you were still in the ballpark of it. Yes, eighty percent of bees have died and they don't know exactly why, but it is a concern. Shannon. So yet another thing for people to be working.
Speaker 2: I am very concerned about it. I love honey. So if we run out of honey, what are we gonna do? But they have like lab created honey.
Speaker 5: We don't need that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need the rest of it. Don't need that. I don't really know. People are one person rights. Now, how do you not know about pollination? For a smart person? You're the dumbest smart person I know. Well, thank you very much for that. I just I don't know science. I've never known science. I just you know, I've heard. I mean, I've heard of pollination, but I couldn't tell you Drew exactly. You know there's something about is it a stamen? Isn't that something in a flower?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 5: Pistol?
Speaker 3: There's a pistol in a statement, right, and then they come together and it's like it's beautiful in love and it's beautiful and they have something else? Is that right, Drew? I don't know. Uh.
Speaker 4: Science wasn't a class. I paid a lot of attention in. I mean, I wrote the whole periodic table down to cheat on a test, so science wouldn't getting my best effort. I feel like Ryan nailed it, though. I learned. I learned more from Ryan than I learned all through high school.
Speaker 3: Yeah. One person writes, Matt, you are a liberal, and I can tell by you lying and saying the eggs are expensive. Since Trump's been president, they've gone down. You should know that. Well. I don't buy eggs, but I remember reading Shannon that they got very expensive. Are they not expensive anymore?
Speaker 5: They're very expensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't recommend getting a lot of them if you can, it's expensive.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: It seemed like yesterday Ryan, the UK baseball thing kind of went viral. I saw it on ESPN. I saw it a couple of like all the baseball people are now debating what happened in that Texas A and M game. And I got to watch the whole video, and there is no doubt that we were milking the time clock. They did two meetings on the mound. They intentionally threw balls to try to extend and then you know, there was like a shot clock of how long until it hit four thirty. And I didn't realize how much the A and M manager and minng O went at each other. I mean they were screaming at each other. Mini one was like losing it. The A and M guy came out of the dugout having I'm sure you've seen it by now. Do you think we were in the wrong or do you think it's just gamesmanship? Both?
Speaker 1: It was definitely gamesmanship. Probably shouldn't have done it. And one I understand it wasn't a curfew. It was Kentucky's own time limit they put untal. They had to catch a commercial flight back to Lexington.
Speaker 3: No, it was a curfew though it was agreed upon curfew by both teams.
Speaker 5: Wells their thought for agreeing to it. Then you agreed to it.
Speaker 2: Texas A and M. Don't cry about it when we milk the clock.
Speaker 4: I think it's an se rule. On the day you're traveling, it can't be later.
Speaker 3: Than Yeah, I mean they had to catch a commercial flight. But it was a rule. It wasn't like Kentucky was just like we're not playing anymore.
Speaker 1: It was Kentucky says, hey, we had to be out here about five point thirty sec.
Speaker 4: Has a game day travel rule?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did you think, Drew? I mean, once I watched it, you know it was a little bit of slight of hand, But I mean the Texas A and M announcer were suggesting that the A and M guy should just strike out so they got another inning, which was kind of interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm obviously gonna side with Nick Minjeon here. You know, the rules are the rules. I think it's a dumb rule more than anything that the two sides did in Texas. And I noticed just I wondered how much of Menjeon's arguing was just further delaying, Like he turned it up even more because the more the A and M coach yelled at him, and he yelled back, that's just eating more time. So they had just kept stretching out. I noticed the clip of the picture. He took so long.
Speaker 3: He took it so long he was it was great, you're a purity of baseball. Oh guys, Shannon, where did you come?
Speaker 2: The curfews a dumb roll to begin with. But I have the same viewpoint. When you know teams complain about the other team running up the score, I would say to A and M, why are you losing the game.
Speaker 5: If you're not losing.
Speaker 2: The game, they're not Kentucky's not going to try to run out the clock.
Speaker 3: So and who knows if they would have done the same thing right, if they might have walked out of the batter's box. I've done all those things. But if you haven't seen the clip, ESPN on their social media has like a two minute clip and Minchi owned is getting worked up about it and they are screwed and then you know they were waiting for the handshake at the end. But it was actually pretty cordial. It was quick but cordial. Kentucky ended up winning the series, but getting this definitely some publicity. Who's next? Mark, Mark? Go ahead and Mark Hi.
Speaker 9: I just want to say I love the camaraderie and the friendship.
Speaker 8: You guys have.
Speaker 6: It adds such a great dynamic.
Speaker 9: To your show, and particularly Ryan.
Speaker 10: I was trying to figure out, what does this remind.
Speaker 9: Me of with the debate about April Fool's Joe Versus prank a couple of weeks ago. It was a lie about getting into a high school gym or whatever, and I felt like I was listening to the Smothers brothers and and and I kept expecting Ryan to burst into mom always liked you best.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know any Smothers brother's references, but I but I do, I do remember the Smothers brothers. Yeah, I mean I always say and I appreciate the call. This show to me, I based it off of uh, part Tony Kornheiser, but part Howard Stern, because Howard Stern had all these people and they seemed to get along or at least like you got to know the folks. And the good thing though, Ryan is we are actually friends. Since I've been at ESPN, I've started like there. You know, over the years there have been shows there's even since I've been there, that the hosts didn't really like each other and they still have to do it. And I don't know how they do it. Like, I don't know how you go in there and act like you can talk to somebody for two or three hours and you don't like them. It seems like that would be misery to do every day.
Speaker 1: The shows that are successful are the people that like each other, not just like each other on the show, but off the show when we get out of the studio. Those are the shows that had the most success. You and you, cause you could feel it. You're right, when two hosts don't really like each other. You can kind of tell it once in a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's been That's been one of the transitions for me. With ESPN is that Myron and I are friends. A lot of the other people I work with I don't really know them, and it's really hard, in my opinion to sit there and like, you know, cause Shannon, I'll try to poke at them, yeah, and they'll kind of be like, what are you doing to me like that? You know, And and you're exactly right, I don't know how people do.
Speaker 5: You can't really fake it. If you do, it's obvious, like people will be able to see right through it. Sorry, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like radio, like, there's no script here, it's just us talk and if you don't like somebody, it's gonna show.
Speaker 3: I mean, I won't mention who it is. But I've worked with a couple of people with ESPN where I would try to do my thing with them and be like, oh, even being you know, and they just like it feels like they want to punch me through the radio. And you know, I don't know how people. I don't know how people do it. But you know, we've been lucky not to have to worry about that. Who's next, Jack, Jack? Go ahead, Jack, Hey.
Speaker 10: Thanks for taking my call. I got a couple of things that sort of bother me. It's like the dude saying, we have a bee, we're going to greet them a deep We didn't, you know, we didn't get to the leading. But now we have the women's side where it's like, where were you not keeping the girl from Kentucky? You don't want the best players, or you're doing want the best players.
Speaker 8: And then when I.
Speaker 3: Mean there's a lot I do think. I think there's a lot of truth to that. By the way, I mean, I think at the same time, you can't sit here and say this is Kentucky. We have to do this and then go. But let's let's have all these spots for people from Kentucky. Like if you do that that I agree with you. I think those things are mutually inconsistent.
Speaker 10: And then some of the fan base. Kerr put out a tweet yesterday and you know, I put a nice tweet in there, and I just happen to look. And then you have people that are down in him saying that he was healthy on the bench, the guy against Gonzaga on a broken foot ran down to make a play. But yet people are calling him weak because he just sat on the on the bench. When Lamont was playing through the shoulder. I mean, foot's a little different than the shoulder.
Speaker 3: I mean, I listen. I agree with both those comments, and I appreciate the call, Drew. I don't I think our fan If I could change one thing about the UK fan base, it would be the way some of us act online, not just to like other members of the fan base, but even to players, like like when Kerk Creesis says I loved it here goodbye. Why would you go in his comment section and write anything negative? But we do have people who feel like they need to do that, and I've never understood that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember about a month ago, I don't remember the exact tweet, because after a game, someone tweeted at Jackson Robbinson something negative and he retweeted it, like, you know, asking for support. It's like, I don't understand even if you are upset with these guys or believe something, to go at them directly. It's just just odd behavior to me, especially the people that DM them. Just awful stuff. I just I believe a large part of our society doesn't deserve the Internet, and unfortunately some of them are in the Kentucky fan base.
Speaker 3: You think they don't deserve the Internet.
Speaker 4: No, they don't. People that fall for every AI thing or send nasty players go outside. The Internet's not for everyone.
Speaker 3: Speaking of AI, do you like these images, Shannon? Like these cartoons that now they can draw people?
Speaker 5: And I don't like AI.
Speaker 3: If you're a graphic designer, Like, is it your job over now? Like if you went into like graphic design, I mean, like, isn't that a career where like it's just gonna go away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of things are gonna go away, thinks to AI. Not just that.
Speaker 4: So I used to spend I used to spend hours. I'd stay up all night making one photoshop for the website in twenty twelve. Now I can type it into a bar and it spins out in two seconds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's gonna we're gonna, well it's a bigger issue, but like we're gonna run out of jobs for people because we created these computers to do them. All. The finals are here and the only thing for sure is it's the last time to bet on college basketball this season. So how about DraftKings bet five to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets? Instantly use my code KSR. New customers bet five, get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. When you get that five dollars. It's only at DraftKings. Do it this weekend for the last four teams. The crown is yours. If you have a gaming problem, go one hit a game or eighteen plus Kentucky only lgibly things apply. New customers only. Bonus bets fire one hundred sixty eight hours after issue its traditional terms. Responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot c O CEO slash Audio. There's a new restaurant in Middlesbrough that Shannon would love. It's called the Meaner Weiener and we'll talk about it.
Speaker 5: WHOA do you think I would love it? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Welcome back? It is Kentucky Sports Radium. Ryan. I just saw that picture of the of your neighbor that made us all into legos. That's really good. Yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: You were talking about the AI and things. He put it in some sort of AI algorithm and it popped us out as Lego guys.
Speaker 3: Oh so he didn't really make it. That was AI, some.
Speaker 1: Sort of AI.
Speaker 5: So that's the problem. You can't even tell the different problem I thought it was.
Speaker 3: Real legos, and I wondered why Drew had a shirt on that said Lisa on.
Speaker 4: Shirt?
Speaker 3: Why do you have a Lisa's shirt? I don't understand.
Speaker 4: You did have a diet coke in your hands. So these AI is getting out of control.
Speaker 3: It's pretty cool, y I is pretty good, all right? So yes, so Shannon. There's a new restaurant in Middlesbrough. It's right next to Millsborough Mall. It is called the Meaner Wiener.
Speaker 5: Nice name.
Speaker 3: It's a hot dog in Hamburger place called the Meaner Wiener. They have I'm looking at their menu. They have all the hot dogs are five dollars. That feels like it's pretty good for a hot dog. Yeah, you got you got regular dogs. But then you also have a hunk of bunk, a hunk of burning love dog. Right, you have a dog, a Ruben hot dog. Would you like a Ruben hot dog?
Speaker 5: I don't know about a Ruben.
Speaker 3: Then they also do loaded fries, including buffalo chicken fries. That sounds really good, Philly steak and cheese fries.
Speaker 5: That sounds good.
Speaker 2: I would like to just see Ryan eat some of the things off this menu because I watched him eat a chili dog at the Kentucky Tennessee game and he ended up wearing half of it so he would.
Speaker 3: Get we we don't know. At that NCAA tournament game, Ryde spilt an entire chili dog and I mean all of it on his shirt. It was right as soon as he walked into the game. You ended up having to take your shirt off, right.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so bad, so bad. I had to take it off and throw it in the trash. I had a T shirt underneath and I had to wear my T shirt dress.
Speaker 3: He threw He threw his shirt in the trash. It was so dark.
Speaker 1: There was no saving.
Speaker 4: It was a nice UK shirt new right, it was brand new.
Speaker 3: It was over. So the next time we go to Middlesborough, are you all up for the Meaner Wiener?
Speaker 5: Let's go? Sounds good?
Speaker 3: You like the name? First of all, a place.
Speaker 1: If a place in Middlesborough called the Meaner Wiener does not include Middlesborough's own Dictamor in their advertising, something is definitely wrong with them.
Speaker 3: That is true. Dictators should definitely what.
Speaker 5: If they named one after you? Would you want a hot dog named after Matt Jones?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I would be honored. Yeah, you should definitely call it the lib Weener. I think that would. Yeah, it's perfect, the lib Weiner. If you're looking for a rupee company, you could try us called Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting. A family, veteran and first responder owned company. Bluegrass Roofing use the state of the art technology to give you a thorough breakdown of your roofing system, residential, commercial. It's all there called Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting. Lifetime warranties and if you say KSR when you call the schedule your free inspection, you'll get up to five percent off your roof for pair of replacement. It's pretty good five percent off. Use code KSR. It is Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting dot com or call one eight hundred roof Pro. Who's up next? Shit? Zip? Go ahead? Zip?
Speaker 6: Hey Matt, just back to basketball for this second. It's for those people who said he can't coach, he can't coach defense. He's got to go have to losing the game, or to shut up. Please, you know, you could cut the man a little slack. You put a roster together an hour and a half, you know, just get you know, and see where he took us. So it's like my old man said, it's better to keep your mouth, let people think you're a fool, and the open and remove all doubt. That's all I got, Thanks Max.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was a tough, tough finish with the Tennessee game, but I still think they maybe even over at chieved over the course of the season. Who's next, Jake, Jake? Go ahead, Jake, Jake.
Speaker 5: He's our last caller and he just hung up.
Speaker 3: So that all right, Jakes, you got it. You can't you can't knock jambe our last caller, Jake and then not not get all right? So Drew give us a first of all, Ryan, an update on your portal. The guy that you gave the googly eyes too, Is he still coming?
Speaker 1: Magoon Glothe. I think it's how you pronounce his name.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think he's the one that's gonna come this week. I think we think we'll get at least two by the end of the week.
Speaker 3: When you say two, you're throwing in an extra one. Do you you have a person, Well.
Speaker 1: We've talked about him, the dude from Robert Morris, The Spaniard from Robert Morris. I think he's highly, highly possible he's going to join the Kentucky team, also the Scoop.
Speaker 3: That's the first time you've said his name. I said he was one of the contenders. Are you throwing him into your scoop portal?
Speaker 1: I mean, he's he's he's almost there, I think. But I think they may get commitments from both of those guys before the end of the week.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean it is absolutely We are two minutes from the end of the show, Drew, and he just throws that in. But while Price is right, might be playing on w LAP and I like how.
Speaker 4: He doesn't know how this will blow up the internet too. I'll spend all day on cas board trying to tell people that I don't know what's going on in this.
Speaker 3: So you think we get Magoon and.
Speaker 1: The Robert Morris kid, Yeah, the Spaniards.
Speaker 3: Okay. By the way, just with the record, when you all write this, this is Ryan Lemon said.
Speaker 5: You said by the hand r into the week too.
Speaker 1: You're saying by the end of the week, That's what I'm hearing.
Speaker 3: By the end of the weekday or Sunday, yes.
Speaker 5: It's a Saturday. Then in the middle Okay, Mad a zoom today.
Speaker 1: Uh, and I guess did he flew up to Chicago to meet with the UA B guy after his show last night? And you know, I don't know if he's get Wait a minute, where where does that come from? He did a zoom call with the dude from you a second?
Speaker 3: Where did you get that? U A P? Has that been out?
Speaker 1: I see? I'm afraid to say that.
Speaker 3: He just like that's the number one dude in the portal. Yeah, and you just you just said he did that out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: After his Coaches show last night.
Speaker 3: He flepp But you've given drew like three stories according to Ryan Leman, Are you sure these things are true?
Speaker 1: Yes, he definitely flew up to me.
Speaker 3: That was the biggest piece of news from the show. And it's forty seconds until we leave, and that's when you decide to say it.
Speaker 4: What else is in that brain? Quickly?
Speaker 1: Bees know how to pollinate other bees?
Speaker 3: Yes? Wow, The two best things I heard in the show were that and then Tom Leech said they should call my hot dog at the Meaner Wiener the law dog. There you go, job, Tom Leach.
Speaker 1: That's very good.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: Used to call you a lo loll dog.
Speaker 3: I cannot get over the fact that we've been on this show rattling on about torpedo bats and about bees pollinating, and you knew that Kentucky went and visited the number one guy into Portland. You didn't even mention it.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if it was already out there. I don't follow these guys.
Speaker 4: Maybe look into it.
Speaker 5: You don't need to know anybody else.
Speaker 3: You are an absolute like seriously, you are an absolute gym. You are a beautiful specimen of a man. Extraordinary, extraordinary, just superb super all right, Well, there you go. You got some news at the end of the show for.
Speaker 1: Those people that didn't hear Prices right.
Speaker 3: I will still be here tomorrow for my final show before I leave for the Netherlands. We'll talk then, maybe where I don't have even more Scoopy waits the last second to say, this is Kentucky Sports Radio.