Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Happy one hundredth Birthday. Jimmy Carter. Oh wow, Yeah, my name is jack gimme car Trent, my name is Jackie.
Speaker 2: Get over.
Speaker 1: There is Miles that hey, gimme carteron. Rolls off the rolls off the tonu. And this is the episode where we tell you what is trending in America's share consciousness. Obviously the big story right now Iran launched about one hundred and eighty ballistic missiles at Israel. And yeah, I mean we've conducted some interviews with experts and international relations and this seems bad. Yeah, is the conclusion.
Speaker 2: It's just the constant escalation the US again, like we refuse to exert any kind of leverage over Israel as it just looks like they're they're seeking some kind of massive regional war. Is just again like for all the talk of like safety of people, this is and I don't see how this is making anyone safer. And like you're pointing out, I think on Monday about just sort of this idea of like escalation to de escalate, which is sort of like rhetorically what Israel is saying is not effective. It's only inflaming things. You now have missiles heading into your country because of the expansion of all this aggression, not just in Gaza in the West Bank, but now you're in Lebanon and displace like a quarter at least, I think they're saying at least one million people have been displaced internally in Lebanon and others are going to Syria. Just like and we talked about this. You hear about this tomorrow show, like you know, a lot of like in Michigan, there are concerns about what this is doing to the Harris campaign's ability to actually win in Michigan because of the lack of any movement in a different direction from what Biden is doing, which is sort of like looking the other way. And I just yeah, at the beginning of the year, I remember when we were talking about predictions, I was just like, there's the fact that the United States is not doing anything tangible about the genocide and the occupation is going It's some there's some something is this isn't just going to come to pass.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna blowover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, in some way, there is going to be some kind of a reaction to the lack of action. Uh, and yeah, and you're just saying this now with the constant just escalation escalation you had, you know, at the UN, you had foreign ministers of like these Arab countries saying like, look we have we're offering a diplomatic off ramp here, like it doesn't need to be this way. And for all the talk that you hear from net and Yahoo is like we're surrounded by nations that want to kill us. They're saying, like as the nations you're saying like want this, we're telling you we can guarantee peace. Just it's just very clear, like just everything stop stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please stop killing innocent people. Yeah, escalation to de escalate is a theory that only makes sense if your end game is just and then they do whatever we tell them to do.
Speaker 2: Right, it'll deescalate because we've overwhelmed you with our escalation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The reporting of the Mythile attack has been revelatory in the sense that CNN is able to notice when a missile attack is on a civilian target and seems designed to inflict the maximum loss of innocent life, which is how they're describing this Mythile attack. They don't seem capable of making that same deduction when it's happening in any of the countries that Israel is attacking.
Speaker 2: And it's also just generally like Americans don't want fucking more war.
Speaker 1: No, and.
Speaker 2: The polling is so clear that arming Israel and allowing them to run this campaign of like genocide and displacement is not good. Like these aren't people with foreign policy acts where they're just merely observing things as human beings saying no, this is this is really, this is terrible, Like this is not the direction of a world that I want to be living in, alongside the many other things that Americans don't want to be a part of going forward in the future. But it's just so frustrating again because you see all of these things that potentially could add up to Donald Trump winning again when a lot of these things seem pretty simple. It's just that, yeah, you kind of have to go against the momentum of the military industrial complex and like lobbying on behalf of Israel to be able to achieve that. But that's where you're looking for something that is inspirational in terms of leadership.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's not easy, but it is simple, Like that Yeah, that's what we need to be done in this case.
Speaker 2: Sure, and yeah, exactly and easy is definitely a subjective thing, especially for lifelong politicians who live in a world where you can get phone calls from people and you're like, I don't know, man, I think I shouldn't I shouldn't support this bill or shouldn't do this thing, But holy shit, we need some kind of actual, lasting, permanent ceasefire at a minimum, without just being tethered to, you know, like what what Israel is doing and inevitably having to be drawn into some larger conflict that is going to cause an even increased amount of innocent people being killed. So yeah, it's right there, it's right there. For the Harris Waltz campaign, please, you may be surprised at what happens if you do the thing that you know over three quarters of your your voting base is asking for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but given the tenor of the Western mainstream media, it feels like that outcome has become less likely to write.
Speaker 2: And I think that's why so disorienting, and I've said this so many times for people who they observe something, they read something, Oh that's awful, But then like the tone of the media is like, yeah, I don't know, man, like they they got to defend themselves. And Joe Byron, Joe Byron's down for that, so and onto our next story kind of a thing. But yeah, this is how we see how you know, mass media is just essentially a larger tool of the larger imperialistic project. But yeah, yeah, let's see some kind of diplomatic action. Let's see some use of leverage. It's right there, really low hanging fruit. All right.
Speaker 1: Speaking of lifelong politicians, Jimmy Carter is old as hell today. He just turned one hundred, which is the longest a US president has ever lived. He's previously said that he wants Joe Biden to eulogize him at his eventual state funeral, but it does seem possible that Carter will outlive Biden at this storm, Like who knows. Carter has been in hospice for nineteen months, and his grandson Jason Carter, has said that the foreign presents quote eager to cast his ballot for Kamala Harris in a Guardian article one hundred years old.
Speaker 2: For some reason, they like his son Vince Carter.
Speaker 1: My son Vince Carter has said, but also incredible longevity.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He has previously attributed his longevity to his wife Rosalind Carter, but she passed away in twenty twenty three before we had a chance to you know, extract her blood and synthesize so as to give us all whatever. Jimmy Carter's death defying powers of the peanuts.
Speaker 2: Man, it's the peanuts. Yeah, it's all about peanuts. Yeah, I mean this has been there's so many I mean, like, yeah, happy Birthday to Jimmy Carter, and then like you know on Monday, yea to Kimbe Matumbo and Pete Rose passing away. There's just a lot of and then John Amos also today. You know, there's a lot of life and death. It's always happening around us. But yeah, Jimmy Carter one, well, one hundred years old.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Carter, as one account online at History Calendar pointed out, Jimmy Carter is now too old to play with legos because legos ages listed four to ninety nine.
Speaker 2: So could you imagine you put legos in front of him. He's like, what are these their legos?
Speaker 1: Jimmy dies right away choked on a lego.
Speaker 2: He thought it was gum yeah, all right, And.
Speaker 1: Ted Cruz is back in the news. So every once in a while I get a little news flash that Ted Cruz his race is getting closer and closer to the point that he is now. So he was like he I think won his first race by like sixteen points back in twenty twelve, and then in twenty eighteen against Beto O'Rourke it was like a two point six point win. He's now up by one percentage point in his race against Colin Allred, a Democrat. Yeah, in Texas in a state wide election.
Speaker 2: I think the ones that have him up the highest is like at most three points and the closest one percent like one point, so that is that is very close for a Texas race. But again, I think a lot of people who are you know, Democrats in Texas always point to the fact that it's like, no, no, the voter suppression is just really good here. That's that's why it seems solidly right. It's not that these people don't exist that are progressive or liberal whatever, it's just that the voter suppression is real good. And we've heard people like Ken Paxton, you know, the Attorney General, brag about how He's like, yeah, man, I basically like like caused so much chaos in Houston that I'm pretty sure that's how Trump was able to win. So yeah, this is now he's doing the thing that you know you're in trouble when suddenly, like a month and a few days out from election, like, I'm actually really bi partisan now me right?
Speaker 1: Yea Cruz bipartisan. Yeah, he's attempting to rebrank. He's trying the rebrand, and he saw what it did for Mark Zuckerberg, and he's like, maybe I just like getting Look did you see.
Speaker 2: That tweet about Mark Zuckerberg talking about how you thought like wearable glasses or like the next future tech? And someone quote tweeted and it was like, damn, how when did Donnis get so old? Breaks kid? Yeah, so stupid? What's that floppy? He went floppy hair with the chains. I'm still really unsettled by.
Speaker 1: He rebranded as like gen Z even though he's a forty something person.
Speaker 2: I think he's forty.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so Ted Cruz came out and said, uh that he's always passing bipartisan legislation and the mainstream media just doesn't report on it. A very sweaty pivot by him.
Speaker 2: You were always by partisan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's always been bipartisan.
Speaker 2: He ranked as a bipartisan. What's your biparty? Yeah, you must be like top five bipartisans.
Speaker 1: So, uh yeah. The Lugar Center and George Shown University m the Court School of Public Policy actually really least to report in May ranking senators by how bipartisan their vote were in the most recent session of contr Yeah, so he is bottom ten actually out of ninety eight senators on the list, he ranked eighty ninth. Wow, which he's actually become less bipartisan recently because on the previous list he ranked eighty fifth. But he's always down there at the bottom.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Political I think was initially reporting this story and like they even asked like, oh, so, like if you're so by, then why did you vote against that horrific bipartisan border bill, which many people were like Jesus Christ, Joe Biden is laying down and basically putting in a bill that was written by like James Lankford, who was like this, no, this is it, bro, like he we got the concessions we want. And then because Trump was sort of like, no, I need to be able to say that the border is a mess. So no, none of you fucking vote for this, even the ones that care, and it is our wish list, so cruises risk. Response to that, I was like, so what happened with that bill? Which was bipartisan quote? The bill was an absolutely terrible bill. It was a Chuck Schumer bill that was designed to make the border crisis worse. It was such a bad bill that any Republican reading it said, this is terrible and I can't support it, except for one of the most right wing senators when it comes to immigration, who was like, yeah, this is good. Good for me. Good here, all right, man, keep keep doing your thing.
Speaker 1: I just can't wait to see his new haircut. It's going to be dope. He's going to get like, throw.
Speaker 2: The beard out. Does he have the beard still? He might do that.
Speaker 1: I think he with him and walk in it.
Speaker 2: At the RNC he did have his little beard going, so maybe he maybe it'll be like full on Confederate mutton chops for the election.
Speaker 1: This bill is giving Chuck Schumer just how he should have said it. All right, let's take a quick break, we'll be right back, and we're back, And so Taco Bell is taking a couple of new items, the Kalian Calientage Cantina chicken burrito. You were insane the Calienteina chicken burrito, and I was riffresc gostring ah. So just overall, how do we feel about like, I mean, personally, we all have our like Taco Bell orders, you know, yeah, yeah, I'm probably not coming up off of the Cheesygordida crunch, but what what is your.
Speaker 2: I look at it as like an artist that I love when they start doing new kinds of genre stuff to bring in more fans into them, Like, yeah, I'm good with expanding the imprint of the brand, but at the end of the day, I am bro I only eat like three things at Taco Bell and I will. I don't know why even when I see them like that looks good to my mouth eyes as I look at it. But then you get me to a Taco Bell, it's I'm always gonna drink bah bah blah. I'm always gonna get some kind either soft Taco supreme or have like a Mexi melt reverse engineered and like a chicken spicy spicy chicken casey dea. That's it. I don't need anything else. I don't eat anything else. So that's why party was like, am I bad because I'm I don't even I'm not even interested or I'm just so.
Speaker 1: It also appears to have lettuce in it, which I am not a I cannot uh deal with lettuce in my burrito personally. Really, Yeah, I don't. I don't fuck with it. Yeah, I mean, I don't mind.
Speaker 2: And again, my soft Taco Supreme has gotta lettuce in it, you know. And even like the fucking Jack in the box deep fried ones where you get like these be like two for.
Speaker 1: A buck, Yeah, those do? They have like warm, wet lettuce and I love.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think someone tweeted some but I was like, yeah, it's technically a vegetable because it has that lettuce.
Speaker 1: In it in terms of salad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the logic, guys. I guess of all the things, I would be open to a different drink, Like I love Baha Fresh, but I like I like sweet drinks generally. I'm they say Baha Fresh, Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah you do Baha Fresh, And you think it hasn't gotten any worse.
Speaker 2: No, no, not at all. They've actually gotten better over the years. But yeah, I was frescas. That looks I'll I'll take a punt on that.
Speaker 1: How fresca? Do we think these? A?
Speaker 2: That's the that's the real thing, because like if you go to real like TAKEETI or something like a real taco stand or joint, like it went in like those obviously like those big plastic jugs where you can see the fruit in it, and you're like, I know it's a lot of sugar, but I'll see pieces of fruit. Is this going to just be a syrupy bag type thing that they're calling it? I don't know. That's yeah with TBD TBD. But again, I don't go to Taco Bell for fresh ingredients. I go for just terrible consistency.
Speaker 1: Yeah, TBD, Taco Bell do it. I don't know why they left the ie off.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I you can come up with a D. Damnit it did?
Speaker 2: Is stuck stick the landing there, But that's all right.
Speaker 1: They're also bringing back the cheese It crunch Trap Supreme, this time with an exciting twist to cheese it to cheese it? Wait, what do you mean what the first Taco Bell cheese It crunch Trap Supreme presupposed it is one cheese it. But what this asked uh huh the question that this asked this, what if to cheese it? So they're just dropping a second big, big old cheese it cracker in the middle of the crunch trap Supreme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like like nearly twenty times the size cheese it. But now they're bringing Now you get two.
Speaker 1: Now you get two stacked stack them baby.
Speaker 2: I like how it says the company will also offer an a la carte big cheese it. Just be like, hey, could I get the big cheese it? You want the crunch trap?
Speaker 1: No, no, big cheese it? Please, thank you, thank you king shit.
Speaker 2: I think I want to do that, to do the order, just to say that at a drive through and freak your majesty out. I'm like, watch this, Can I get a big cheese it?
Speaker 1: I mean that they might come in handy with like the the goopy stuff falling out of your count trap Supreme. You know what I mean, just like a little picking up a little little plate that you eat after a little goop shovel, which we all need when we're eating taco bell.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Not to be confused with the three thousand dollars diamond encrusted goop shovel that Gwyneth Paltrow sells on goog All right, and finally, Netflix cancelations recently spiked thanks to Trump supporters of the Mega Action, or maybe not so this is kind of being widely reported that Netflix cancelation spiked in Lie after Netflix co founder Read Hastings endorsed Kamala Harris and donated seven million dollars to her campaign. Cancelations dearly tripled in the month of July.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't directly to her campaign, right, It was to like another It was like a Republican accountability like indirect hit. But I think they're like, what Republican account you're her? But again I get it. It's the money still against the same person, essentially Bloomberg.
Speaker 1: The New York Post Fox business all came through with the Netflix cancelation spiked after Reid Hastings donated to Kamala Harris. Netflix cancelations nearly tripled after co founder Read Hastings endorsed Kamala Harris, so he stepped down as a Netflix CEO in twenty twenty three, and also he donated seven million dollars not to Harris's campaign directly, but to the Republican Accountability Pack. But yes, news of the donations inspired calls for a boycott at the time, and Netflix was previously trying to keep his politics quiet, probably because of stuff like this. However, like people who actually follow Netflix subscription numbers are like. That was also when they announced that they were phasing out the cheapest, non ad supported tier, like the Basic Plan, right, which so they were like, we expected a huge spike in cancelations at that time. This is just basically a made up story to make it seem like mega alive and well and powerful. Yeah, they're coming for your ass. Netflix.
Speaker 2: This is every time they love to be like, dude, don't piss off the Remember what they did to Volvo, Remember what they did to cure eg, Remember what they did to what and put to car heart. They were like full car heart and all this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all those businesses promptly went out of business and no longer exist.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean I look at my car and I go, God, thank god I have that, because they don't have it. They don't they're not making it anymore because they have business so hard.
Speaker 1: Nike socks, they don't even sell Nike socks. Anymore. They just sell the socks with the hole where the Nike logo used to be from where het out the Nike logo.
Speaker 2: And Nike is not doing well. But that's that's for a myriad of other reasons that have nothing to do with maga outrage about Colin Kaepernick. But it is funny how like you get these like conservative outlets being like, all right, man, what are we doing? The maga consumer myth article, let's go Netflix cancelations spike. Netflix cancelations nearly tripled netflix highest day of cancelations this year, even though like Netflix is preparing their own investors to be like, look, bro, this am I get a little dodgy when we have to raise the prices. But it's happening because line must go up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the new CEO gets to come in and be like, fucking read ah, yeah he's serious, man.
Speaker 2: What he did. Look what he did to me.
Speaker 1: Guys, we got rid of him, so don't worry about that. That's not a going forward problem. That problems in the rear view. Yeah, the review but yeah, all those articles with the headline being like the mega consumer half spoken, uh, then admit in the body of the text that it's really just because Netflix shot themselves on the foot by discontinuing their most affordable option. They just can't, you know, they don't put on the headline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rather than the headline being Netflix cancelation spike after discontinuing their most affordable option. Uh, they're like, nah, man, say it's because they don't like, uh, I don't know whatever the news they don't arrive. Yeah, that shows a trip.
Speaker 1: Oh did you finish behind it?
Speaker 2: God? Bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, it's like, what the fuck are you doing it now?
Speaker 2: And then the other dude, look, I was, look, we I don't want to I don't want to ruin it. But it was yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: There was also show that like I was out on. But then when my wife like got to the end and like told me what was happening, I had to like come back and just like watch it. I couldn't believe the twist, which she said, no, she didn't read the book.
Speaker 2: Okay, her mask. She read the book and she was kind of breaking down the differences and they left some things out that I think would have kind of hands it slightly. Yeah yeah yeah, but and I wasn't like, oh this was a total l I was definitely like what the fuck, and then such a European ending where it's like and everything is bad and you're like, oh right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Usually yeah horror thrillers, Okay, yeah, anyway, anyways, that everything is bad and that is going to do it for us today.
Speaker 1: We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine and get your fool shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,