Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters.
Speaker 2: At the Star.
Speaker 1: Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor set, De Montree Moore, and new he Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 4: It is the Players Lounges. Cowboys training camp is underway. We are here in Frisco to Cowboys Headquarters. The team is out in Oxtar, California, So welcome in.
Speaker 2: And the Players Lounge new and improved.
Speaker 4: We've got Anthony dor Set, got Trey Moore, We've got Barry Church, all three former NFL players.
Speaker 2: I'm merely new sdrugs to help compensate the cops facing here. Guys, they are in uh shells today.
Speaker 5: Hold on, I don't go straight, go go get that call first, like the first the first pad of practices Sunday, see your NFL p A and got the rules l P about that over here, the plays for themselves.
Speaker 4: Somebody in the Magic City and that's what they say, Choulder, So league rules you got, you know, it's like like high school. You gotta work these days to go ahead and starts Catasnic saying right now to feel good.
Speaker 6: Man, I don't care what you say you over there talking about scally is this and that we all know that when that helmet come on and you get any type of padding up under there, somebody is going to be a temple violator, y'all popping, don't don't, don't get caf slipping y'all head.
Speaker 7: But it's better to be prepared than be aware.
Speaker 6: That's not trying to go with that and with y'all nowadays, I guarantee you George picking that big dog.
Speaker 5: Overbody getting on and then that's going escalating and something gets the scrapping.
Speaker 8: If you got shells on, you can get got period. If you got shells on, you could get God. And you already know, just like I said, that temple gonna change, somebody gonna say something. It's gonna get a little bit more competitive, and then somebody gonna get cleaned.
Speaker 5: Who was a violator when y'all, when y'all play, everybody had the same tempo on your.
Speaker 2: There was one guy that like, man, why you hit him like that?
Speaker 3: And it's started it off.
Speaker 2: So when I was with.
Speaker 8: The Titans, we had dude name blame Bishops all blame scrappy all Blaine scrappy because every day Blaine was setting it off, setting it off every day.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. He he was that guy.
Speaker 7: He played, He.
Speaker 2: Played with that chip on his shoulder.
Speaker 8: He was a small safety, short safety in the box all the time, so that was one of his things. He just he just lived in that space all the time. And then of course when I got to the Raiders, it could have been anybody. It could have been anybody any day, anybody.
Speaker 2: Rosters it was going down like that.
Speaker 6: Some rosters that are just historically like hey, you know you going in there, get your lunch pilled.
Speaker 7: Going.
Speaker 6: Raiders still like those organizations where it's like, oh Seahawks. When I got there, Legion of Boom, It's like, oh coach coach. Coach Carroll made it a point to where he said, hey, them scalies, they're not going on.
Speaker 7: We either showed the paths or nothing, because we know there's no in between.
Speaker 6: And I feel like the Raiders from my ten year when I played there, what he said, being the Journeyman.
Speaker 7: It was like, hey, you had them dogs on that on that Jeff.
Speaker 4: Fishing teams mans always camp. They was fighting Jeff Fisher Show team showed up, bro I left going.
Speaker 8: We separated the offense versus defense all the time. So it was one of them things where like it didn't matter who you had on offense who was on defense. It was like we was two different teams, you know what I'm saying. And that's the way we approach practice all the time. So Jeff had the thing where he caught, let's get nasty and at any period where you got them pass on, you.
Speaker 2: Can get nasty.
Speaker 8: It didn't matter who you was either except for like Steve McNair or something like that.
Speaker 2: If and he came through there with his big as.
Speaker 5: It was a temple violator when you man, when I played it was my boy my running name. Will Cox was a safety next ToJ will Cox. Man, It's like he never like really meant to, but like he would go for the rock but then kind of lower the shoulder at the last minute, catch a guy off guard and I'm like, oh, here we go. And I remember him and Dad's got into it on a couple of times they'd get the swinging and I'm like, once he gets the swing, I'm like, I can't, I gotta go.
Speaker 2: You got I'm like, man.
Speaker 5: It's a big waste of energy, but you gotta be with your dog out there, man.
Speaker 3: But he was a temple violator.
Speaker 7: For sure.
Speaker 6: We didn't have none, like at least well, I've been around some iconic temple violators, but my tenure here at the Cowboy, we didn't really have the closest person I say that was a temple violator would be elite. But Malik Collins at the time still ball balling doing his work. But it was more so he wasn't a temple violator. He was just like, I promise you I'm gonna get them before they get us. Now, the old Lineman temple violet Travis, Frederick temple violate, Zach He temple violated, Tired. He wasn't a temple violator, but it was like he was so stern where it'd be like, hey, big fellow, slow down just so I could do that. So I gotta get ready to go work on him. But it's like you knew somebody in that those interior three they were gonna violate. Malik was gonna respond, and next thing you know, we gotta scratch. And you look at Toddy Crawford like, hey, you're good to that, he said, bro, I am trying to be a d n and not in the middle of.
Speaker 7: Mary Nelly. He you know, he's gonna sit there and hype you up. Brickler, let's go.
Speaker 2: Nick Days had the nick names for everybody.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: So practice going on right now. George Pickens is fine.
Speaker 4: It was video yesterday George got cramps, so it was cramps out there and training, can't It takes a minute to get the body even though people you should be ready to shape is different, thank you all.
Speaker 7: It's completely different.
Speaker 4: All shaped different, different type of training, get your body rolling. And then of course, as you talked about new guy, new team, trying to make it impression every reap.
Speaker 2: Now Ralph Chrispy.
Speaker 6: Everything, he's already been known to be like that hard working guy. So like coming in and approving yourself. It's like, calm down, baby, Like we got a loan, we don't, we don't need that from you, play maker, ain't you ain't the young guy over here.
Speaker 7: Just slow it down.
Speaker 4: And that cramp when it gets you, you know, especially that kind of intense level, it hurt.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: Right right now, what he.
Speaker 7: Said, come get me, come give me.
Speaker 8: You good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just grab it.
Speaker 7: You gotta make it look good. Hey, Jim, come get.
Speaker 6: What sucks is when everybody comes around you and you're like, bro, don't need all y'all around me.
Speaker 7: It's a cramp. But you got to play it off.
Speaker 9: That's what happened. That's what happened on the video. You know, you think, all right, it was just cramp. Everybody in the locker room laughing.
Speaker 8: But when you're down there and that happens to you, so like, that's happened to me. I had a I had what we called total recall, with every muscle in my bike, upset for my heart basically, and like, I just remember, everything was cool. It was actually actually after practice one day. You get him during practice, but I just remember this one day in particular, we was walking from practice to go to the cafeteria to get some food, and I just remember telling somebody like, hey man, some.
Speaker 7: Don't feel right.
Speaker 2: I woke up on the ivy table.
Speaker 8: A little bit later, like ive's on both arms. I had to get six bags. Six bags.
Speaker 2: We was in San Antonio.
Speaker 7: Hey, I love it. I need that perspective.
Speaker 6: But once again, you was in a differ from the era of training camps were talking about three of days too hard practice, not to mention that long meeting all days come on.
Speaker 7: It's a little different like he went through an era.
Speaker 6: I went through an air like they this is day one day to cramping. I'm not about to minimalize it and say it was soft like it happened the same. No, no, no, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying it wasn't as bad and it wasn't as good. Just get ready for the camp.
Speaker 2: We good.
Speaker 7: But that right there, that's that was That was the camp days was crazy.
Speaker 4: It some more camp news out here, Tyrone Blair, I mean drown Blaine, I should said drawn Bland, not practice. His wife's having a baby, so congratulations, Yes, the right thing to dude. Go ahead and handle your business out there. One player, a couple of players at Brian Shottenheimer S's been pressed by day one ceedee lamb of course, Luke Schoonmaker school here three got to see something out of school and Donovan as a rocket second round draft pick and it's been kid out of Boston College number two out there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, my pick, that's my pick. That might be your cute dog brother. Go ahead and do whatever you're gonna do.
Speaker 6: But I told you that what he said, I had to scoop that was a player.
Speaker 2: Bet on the dog. I get it as you should.
Speaker 6: You what you say, he gonna be a good dog and you gotta leave him.
Speaker 7: Sometimes you gotta make him drink, and he's drinking out there.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 5: What I don't understand is how can you judge the trenches with nothing, with no pet.
Speaker 2: Under I've seen uh they talking about te the guy.
Speaker 5: Oh man, he looks good, looks like he got some the bricks in his pocket. Man, boys, ain't got no pas on, no bullets. You know what I'm saying, Like you dipping and ripping you ain't. Ain't nobody trying to said something about Turban. I've seen it. Just before I came in here, i was on my phone. He was saying, like Turban hit the corner and.
Speaker 8: He was out like this, And I'm like, I ain't got no pazz on, Like he's gonna runs hard in freege fast.
Speaker 6: Ain't nobody putting like you're right to certain to stand. But let's not get it misconstrueded. It's certain guys where you come in and you see them college level of the pro level, where you're like hold.
Speaker 7: On like he's doing the bag drills.
Speaker 6: Right, He's not like coasting, but it looks fired like he's doing that. Like his man plays is there, Like it's look fluid where you're like, hey, he looks good. But then also you sit there and tell yourself like we ain't got on pass.
Speaker 7: Let's see if he still look good like that.
Speaker 6: But what that being said like for for something right now, you got to have a bright spot when you're saying your main guy, Michael Parsons is not there. You're bringing in another veteran guy that they just signed in Jamie Houston. You're talking about the other guys coming off injuries, like right, all the all them guys, like yeah, my second round is coming in there, and he's leading. He's a he's a leader amongst men, and the show that you're a leader this early in the game.
Speaker 7: I think that vets very well, especially in the Eberflus defense.
Speaker 6: If that makes it we're not just we pros now, y'all know they're not just giving out pack pancakes just for pancakes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Shot shot.
Speaker 4: He kind of seems like he's gonna be hey, hey, the glass half fool guy and go look for the positive. It's gonna bring out the positive. He's talking to the media. Hey, this player flash, So I can see that. But there's I found in covering cowboys. There's different levels. It's the underwear Olympics level. Then it's the pads are popping, the all ox Nart level. Good out there, Oxnar baby. Next thing you get to a preseason game, can't nobody finds you on take getting blown out?
Speaker 2: Where was this passes? Danny A Mondola was that guy.
Speaker 4: When Danny Amadola was here, man, everybody was hyping him up preseason game. Man could catch punt, did nothing. They ended up cutting him and he went on.
Speaker 7: He became him that guy being here right.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 4: It didn't happen that way. So I said, all ox Gnar. The dudes out here kicking field goals, looking good preseason game and shaking the left and right. So I said the all ox Nard level. And and then it's the the guys who are preseason ballers. Looked okay, can't look all right? Next thing the lights are on, oh, making plays, making plays. So those are the levels for me. It's as far as covering the team.
Speaker 2: I've seen you have.
Speaker 6: Those levels and even with those levels, there are some guys where it's like you need them to hit those markers, like because if they don't hit none of those markers, we're gonna be sitting here at the end when it's time to get to that rockter spot and be like, he didn't do none of this beforehand. So right now he's checking off the boxes. But I mean, like you said, nobody got on pads right now. Sunday they get there and Sunday and.
Speaker 3: A good example of that.
Speaker 2: You know, this is my guy tolderd. So last year he was can't He's taking that next step. He's that guy.
Speaker 5: He's grabbing it off the sky. He's climbing the ladder. He's doing this in no CDs. He looks look at it.
Speaker 2: Number two. He could be that number two.
Speaker 7: He could be the Robin Man.
Speaker 3: We get to the bright lights, my magic can clamp.
Speaker 7: But can't help me.
Speaker 3: You can't get out.
Speaker 6: As much as we put it out there that you said, Shoty is a guy that is a half full type of guy. I feel like he's giving those shout outs in the media because I feel like he's being real and transparent what you have to be with the America's team in the media, but also on those clips that I've seen him in practice, I seen him yelling at people, get up, run, we can't have this.
Speaker 7: Oh, you make a mistake.
Speaker 6: So I wonder is he really is he being as nice as we're sending in the media, or if he's really judging those guys.
Speaker 4: So here's what my job in the media is going to be is to start to dissect how a shoddy press conference is what he says means. Jimmy was that way when I covered Jimmy. Jimmy would tell you and he would talk. He would use the media to talk to guys. Parcels would do it too. Jason Garrett didn't use the media to deliver his message. What you got from Jason was what he didn't say about a player.
Speaker 2: Hey, what do you think about Zach?
Speaker 4: You talk about a guy that comes and brings it every night, the right kind of football? Hey what about so and so he's work and he's trying to That's what you.
Speaker 7: Again down.
Speaker 4: So it's what Jason didn't say was always where I knew, Okay, was he really he would he wouldn't kill a player. But what he wouldn't say about the player versus the effusive praise of another guy.
Speaker 2: So that's how I started to figure out what was Jason.
Speaker 7: So which one you think shot is gonna be?
Speaker 2: I gotta find out.
Speaker 4: So when I get out there and just start to see after a while, and you'll see, like with Steven, we like our guys now, bro, when we see the perceiving coin no good and you want to tell me, I like our guys like due you okay.
Speaker 2: Don't nobody see that we're coming along good?
Speaker 4: Like that curtain Steve Steven will sit up there, and I've learned how to d coole who ain't really working, and how Steven's trying to cover for guys.
Speaker 6: So would you say that mister Jones is technically learning from the Jimmy Playbook and stuff like that and trying to use the media right now to talk to guys like antagonize, trep the thing, like to get a fire up under them. Some of he's the former player.
Speaker 4: Some of Jerry's stuff is just transparent. You go back to with Amari Cooper, when Amari Cooper missed time because he didn't get the shot. Yeah, Covie, he'd let you know he wasn't happy about it. He told all of us people need to be getting a shot. I don't want nobody ra he Jerry very plain about it, and Cooper gotten the dog house.
Speaker 2: He ended up cutting it, traded.
Speaker 7: Him, so they ended up getting rid of him.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 4: He let you know unequivocally, you got that bag, and only a certain amount of people rut here getting the bag.
Speaker 2: We expect you to be here.
Speaker 4: Then he goes and he pulls out the Hey, Damon sand is in the weight room. I damn I need you here. So his whole press conference was about I'm not happy with you digs, the whole micah thing. That's just guess what crossfire. No, this is Jerry hey man, you know this is what I do with these contracts. And Dad had to go through. It had to go through. It will make you better, you always said your term.
Speaker 8: Jerry is not pressed about what anybody else is doing, like peer and then like people always say, we're like yo, if he get this deal done, he might get the deal done, and he might not have to pay somebody so much more than he's gonna have to do because everybody else is getting these deal done ahead of these guys.
Speaker 2: He don't care about that.
Speaker 7: And I wouldn't need it.
Speaker 6: Like what it's like they say, what ain't fixed, you know, if it ain't broken, don't fix. And in his his mindset, it's like, this is what's got me here to the top. I've been at the lowest lows and build it all all the way up to the highs and highs and what's got.
Speaker 7: Me to the highs?
Speaker 6: Hies right here. I'm not gonna change. The game is still the same, just like they say. The shield is still the same.
Speaker 4: And he also likes stirring the pot. Does not want Is you not to care? That's his number one thing. Love him, hate him? Long talk by them cowboys, put it on your little TV.
Speaker 7: But I like it.
Speaker 4: And he will at times say stuff that he knows he shouldn't. Remember when Dak was hurting Cooper Rush was having a good run, talk about that.
Speaker 2: Be nice if we were talking about a quarterback controversy. And then McCarthy not used to this, And so.
Speaker 5: Then you saw McCarthy out there like, oh gosh, I gotta deal with this here He's.
Speaker 4: Gonna throw that little bomb and walk out there, and that's him, that's him, No, you know, this is who he. So you have to learn to do what I thought ceed Lamb did a great job when he's on the podium talking, yeah, I want Mikey to get paid.
Speaker 3: This is not fun.
Speaker 4: I've gone through it, and so we make like, look, dude, I've been in the circus about the money thing.
Speaker 2: You really can't worry about. I've been there. It's not fun. I hope he gets his bad I'm not participating in it.
Speaker 6: And he played chess not checking, and you could you could have been up there and be brothers in on him because I didn't got a tag. You get a taging. So it's funny. That's about the how the media is trying to swing.
Speaker 2: So let's let's let's get a break here.
Speaker 4: Let's get a break here, and and when we come back, when I ask you guys, and then think about this true. Would it be better if Micah Parsons was not at camp versus being a hold in at training camp? Sof he's away, don't see him, you don't have to look at him doing warming up anything as a player. What is better as you have to go to training campus sweat and everybody and somebody else get to go do their thing. Do that next with Anthony Door said, trade more Ferry Church on New he Scrits. This is play assigns question by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas.
Speaker 2: Cowboys dot com. Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 12: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans.
Speaker 7: This means you.
Speaker 12: Can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 2: That's one eight hundred gambl for twenty one.
Speaker 13: Over Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 3: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 13: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator smooth available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kin.
Speaker 12: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is full of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy Liptbam. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 10: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state.
Speaker 7: And enemies and every other one.
Speaker 10: We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home were away, We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smearenoff we do game days. Please drink responsibly to the players.
Speaker 2: Loud ever by American Airlines is here.
Speaker 8: Head to Sanny Oxnard, California from July twenty second through August thirteenth to watch the team practice as they get ready for the season. And mission is free. I'm gonna say that again at mission is free. For more information, visit Dallascowboys dot com slash training camp.
Speaker 3: Yes City, get there.
Speaker 4: If you're going out there, I will be their next Thank you. Anthony Dorset Pitt Panther, Texas A and M graduated Hall of Famer from Toledo Berry Church.
Speaker 2: This church may give some money to the foundation.
Speaker 5: To the sports Really yes, I don't want the ceremony.
Speaker 3: Is they just sent me the email?
Speaker 2: Brow bro Man appreciation.
Speaker 4: When you start to look at the amount of great players in sports from that state, two states that will surprise three okay, three states that will surprise you the amount of amazing athletic talent Ohio, Alabama, and Mississippi.
Speaker 5: You start going on, My goodness, gracious, I was surprised with Ohio as well.
Speaker 3: When I looked at the listeners, like damn, he was out there.
Speaker 6: You just started what about and another team or another state, Louisiana, like as far as like proportion ratio. When you started looking at the like one of my boy he was from Ohio. He was like, bro, I put Ohio up with Florida and Texas because we all know Florida Texas text number one.
Speaker 7: But he was like, bro.
Speaker 6: And when you did the math as far as like area and stuff like that, I.
Speaker 7: Was like, snap, this is a closer racing.
Speaker 3: I thought they got some some dogs out of there.
Speaker 4: I mean, did you know that Lebron James and Steph Curry were born in the same hospital in Akron?
Speaker 2: Didn't know Steph was from out there. I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Daddy played for the Calfs. So yeah, I mean you think about that. I mean different different years, but the same hospital. Two m v p s and two Hall of famers and two dudes who won four championship shot up one hospital.
Speaker 6: That's wild man. Both of them revolutionized the game with.
Speaker 4: And and and look and I'll take another one. When I lived in Ohio, Pennsylvania was next door. The crazy amount of football talent to come out that state.
Speaker 2: Bro p A two Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: I mean, so it's it's I would say for a football talent. Place you look at at Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, California. Man, you can make some Hall of Fame rosters right there with just those states man and then baseball too.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's crazy amount of town that.
Speaker 6: You say all that to say, the big money churches.
Speaker 7: In the Hall of Fame, be proud of that. Very surprised that.
Speaker 2: Find out who nominated you and sending them a bottle of something.
Speaker 3: Somebody, somebody holped your boy up.
Speaker 4: Dominating process that goes with that, all right. So Michael Parsons is at training camp. Michael Parsons wants a new deal. He spoke about it. He and Trayvon Diggs had an interesting, uh press conference after where's poor Tad Carper?
Speaker 2: Cowboys pr just.
Speaker 4: Wanting to cut it off and they was like, no, we're good. You know when the PR man trying to break it up the play, No, no, we good.
Speaker 2: The PR man stop, what are you doing back there?
Speaker 4: And so so he's a he's holding in, he's you know, warming up, you know, doing a slight individual liked hold the bag.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you coach up, but you're good. You're playing the game within the game.
Speaker 4: So all three of you played in the NFL. This this holding thing is a new kind of thing, is it? If you're watching, is it better? Do you wish he was just gone or you're sitting here watching it? How do you feel as a player you see something like that?
Speaker 8: I mean, I think that like it's it's it's definitely a strategy to what he's doing. I mean, he has one of the top agents in the league right now, Yes, you know what I mean, And so if his agent and his team didn't think it would be beneficial and smart for him to be here and some kind of he wouldn't be here, you know what I mean. So whatever they're doing, whatever tactic they're using, you know what I mean, it's something that they've planned out ahead of time. Now, I'm sure with the thought process is that he you know, Jerry likes to talk to players, and Michael liked to talk to Jerry somewhere in between. There they hoping that there's gonna be a little rub here and there. But I definitely think that there's there's there's a little bit of catch twenty two to both sides of it.
Speaker 2: Number One, you get to see what he's doing.
Speaker 4: Okay, but is it good for him to be there, to just be gone like when Zeke was going wasn't there.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be real with you.
Speaker 6: From me and a player's perspective, this is the best thing that he is doing for him as a player, as a fan. He is doing everything right because everybody's done it before.
Speaker 7: Damn if you do, damn if you don't.
Speaker 6: With everything that's going on with Trayvon Digg sitting down and stuff like that, if he was sitting out, you not being there. That gives the media a chance to paint whatever narrative, That gives the ownership of whoever guys to say, hey, you don't have a chance to voice yourself.
Speaker 7: He is voicing for himself. He's there, He's present.
Speaker 6: Every time somebody's put a big question on him, He's been there chest out, whether it's him his agent. Because there's also been times throughout this where Jerry's took a shot at his agent and Michael's come out and said, hey, I don't know what my age is talking about, but this is what we're going to get done. But then also there's been times where Michael has stood up for his agent. So I think this is on him being a professional and being there to where now his narrative is paying you see me, Guess what, My body ain't big and nothing like that. I look still swollen, I'm still warming enough, like I just want to get paid. So now it puts all the pressure to say, hey, it's not me. I'm still here with the team. I'm still doing that to where like, if you don't give me my money, now, guess what, I got the media with me. And there's a million other teams that want to pay him, which, like we said, Jerry pays this guys that he really wants. So Michael be here now.
Speaker 3: He's playing the game perfect on perfect.
Speaker 5: When you look at it from a leadership standpoint, you know, this defense, especially on that side of the ball, it's kind of void of leadership.
Speaker 3: You lost d Law, you lost Jorge Lewis.
Speaker 5: All right, this is a young defense and it needs his leaders there in the locker room and players to look up to.
Speaker 3: I mean Diggs, he wasn't around in OTAs.
Speaker 5: So Parsons is the guy that these these young teammates are looking for to be the leader on the team, whether it's vocally, whether it's lead back, example, whatever the case may be and he's putting the ownership or he's putting everything owners on the ownership group, because you can't look at him and say, oh, he's not here.
Speaker 3: He's not participating, because he's there. He's he's holding the bags.
Speaker 5: He might not be, you know, going through all the activities, but he's being a leader on the field. And not only that, you got a new defensive coordinator, you got a whole new defense, whole.
Speaker 3: New terminology how they want him to come off the field.
Speaker 5: As far as come off the edge, he's gonna be out there and he's gonna learn the defense without having to go out there and go through all that stuff. Because if we're being honest, he's jogging through individual he ain't really hitting nobody, so he ain't doing nothing to his body. He's just learning, getting the mineral reps and being a leader for the team. So I think he's playing the game perfect.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: So Jamal Houston defensive end eight acts in twenty twenty two, which Detroit got an ankle injury, really hasn't done a whole lot since kid out of Jackson State.
Speaker 2: They've signed him.
Speaker 4: Also, other pass rushers on this team, Dante Fowler, You got Peyton Turner, Marshawn Kneeling, and you've got Sam Williams and diving as a rocker. By the way, running first team for the defensive ends yesterday was Peyton Turner and Marshaun Marshaw Neil. I'll start with you over here, Trey, your thoughts on this defensive This defensive.
Speaker 7: End group is stacked with a lot of young talent, a lot of unproven people.
Speaker 6: The only person that's proven on this roster is Dante Fowler because the most proven, I guess you people are looking at him as a journey man. You got you got mister Houston, James James Houston, or he's coming out Jamal Hoast. I'm sorry for messing that up, but you got him coming off his most productive year.
Speaker 7: With three years ago.
Speaker 6: So a lot of these guys are coming off the injury. I guess it was twenty twenty two when he was with the line. Like a lot of these guys coming off injury. There's no got it, nobody that is the guy. When you sit here and tell me who's running with the ones, I'm not impressed until you show me a weekend of training camp after the past. That's what's gonna tell me what I need to know as far as those guys. But what the way I look at this is because me being a journeyman myself, a lot of these guys you don't.
Speaker 7: Have that expectation.
Speaker 6: You don't sit here and say, hey, I expect you to be the Michael Parson. So this is gonna be opportunity for a lot of people to get that chip on their shoulders and going to work. And so I'm ready to see with opportunity, who's gonna rise, who's gonna be the cream of the crop and go to the top, And who's gonna sit there and let this wither pass you? Because once Michael gets paid, once Michael steps on the field and goes full speed, a lot of those reps are gonna be taken away. So this is the chance for somebody to really show up and make a name for theirself.
Speaker 3: And I'm a heart back to this, and you know I always go to this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's great to get your reps on the defensive side of the football. Come off the edge of showing the coaches what you gotta do. You not gonna make this squad as a pass rusher, It's packed, No man, show me what you could do kick off, run down it.
Speaker 2: Man, Like people get wrapped up in this what you can.
Speaker 7: Do off the edge?
Speaker 3: Make sure you're balling on teams.
Speaker 5: Man, If that's how you want to make the squad, that's the only way, and I think you're gonna make.
Speaker 6: That's the majority of That's the only reason that I stayed in the league as long as I did this. I was good at pass rushing, like doing that, but it was what was the extra How do you build more value in yourself? So with this opportunity, like, yeah, guys are gonna sit here. They're gonna say, hey, we know Michael's here. We expect our high draft draft round pick to get his opportunity. They found me to go out there, Dante, you gotta go out there and kill it right now. We're gonna have to put you at least on one special team. And that's where when I start hearing stuff come out in the media about this guy had a block pass rush, he rushed on punt return or kick off, he was holding it up. Those are going to be the guys that I could tell you, like, hey, he really wanted by any mean that defensive end, said I don't care, and I'm not limiting myself.
Speaker 4: How many places and I get out of a guy that was par so?
Speaker 2: How many plays can I get? All right, let's get our last final break in here before we wrap up this show. Right here, this is Dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 12: Rate It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's chicken Fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 7: Rule twelve.
Speaker 11: No crinkle cutfries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one Anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day. Canes, rulescines, chicken fingers, one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 14: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys and Micah Parsons to drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff, gear up and standout styles. The show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss, Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 2: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 12: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem.
Speaker 12: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred g a m b l e R for twenty one over to the Players Lounge, T and T Stadium.
Speaker 8: On August twenty second, twenty seventh, and twenty eighth, catch this all news show in support of the full album trilogy with Playboy Cardi and.
Speaker 2: Special guest Mike Dean.
Speaker 8: Get your tickets today at seat geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 4: All Right, Anthony Jose, appreciate three. You got Trey Moore. Here, we got Barry Church. All three men played in the National Football Leaf. Hey playing playing man thirteen years right.
Speaker 7: Twelve fine in the NFL.
Speaker 5: Three in the cfling you gotta pinch.
Speaker 2: Man, Yes, that was I got check Mark.
Speaker 7: It was hard. I worked hard, Savannah, That man works hard.
Speaker 2: Good Man.
Speaker 4: Las Vegas has a Cowboys as seven and a half in terms of win totals, the lowest in twenty years.
Speaker 5: Seven and half Vegas seven and a half.
Speaker 3: That's in now eight and a half.
Speaker 2: In the spring, it is dipped down.
Speaker 4: First, I feel like Las Vegas has been listening to the players lines and they stole my stuff, and I said, my cowboy, win to it was seven of.
Speaker 2: The possible, A possible mine, put your money, give me my possible.
Speaker 4: Put your money on you right now, possible being that last game against Giants who these.
Speaker 5: Win and what they're doing so win basically take everything down right now, right.
Speaker 3: Now, right now. If the healthy health is a big plan, I.
Speaker 7: Know what you say.
Speaker 3: If that can stay healthy, that's ten win.
Speaker 2: Hey, but what does wins get you in this division? From there? I don't you to the playoffs? Is it gets you at home? It'll get you in the playoff from there? I don't. I don't win a division in this division.
Speaker 4: Look, you win ten games. I mean we've seen divisions where three teams have gone. I mean North had three teams go. I mean, so so that could happen. Okay, it can happen. I mean we've seen we've seen the West in NF one year they had so we could see that happen.
Speaker 7: So do you believe it?
Speaker 2: Do I believe it? I got I got seven seven of the possible.
Speaker 7: So something possibile you for sure? We're walking this in the book.
Speaker 2: Now write it there right.
Speaker 5: The possible who scares on the East and but outside Philly, outside.
Speaker 7: Who scares off Washington?
Speaker 5: Doesn't Hooper Rush beat Washing Rush now here no more.
Speaker 3: Cooper Rush with the Washington. Cooper gave it the Washington already New York man.
Speaker 2: Nobody worry about.
Speaker 7: It about who is it? New York added some added some weapons up there.
Speaker 2: You got healthy Dad. Really you can't.
Speaker 8: You can't sleep on Jadon and Daniels his second in the league, with the growth that he's going to have.
Speaker 3: Nown't see Robert Griff.
Speaker 5: You got seeing Robert Griffin put up crazy numbers and then come back to earth.
Speaker 2: I'm seen it happened it half that's.
Speaker 7: A different thing.
Speaker 4: Is not some core ball brother you can get out here.
Speaker 2: Rock Parker.
Speaker 5: Got him, Cliff Cliff, then you and then you got Kingsbury, Kingsbarry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is that's what we put on.
Speaker 6: If you don't ask anybody there that are way better coordinator than they are head coaches. And you're talking about a guy that can dial that up. I'm putting Kingsbury up there with the Shannonans and stuff.
Speaker 7: When you're talking the offensive scheme wise, like drawing stuff up.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I mean he right up there mane like bro. That boy is smart. And then on top of that, you got d Q up there that can get the best out of his player. That defense was humming. Then you add von Miller to the mix as well.
Speaker 4: Let me, let me, let me go, man, you you don't have no proofing off block play?
Speaker 7: Last year? Enough?
Speaker 2: What we talking about the fastest? What happened with Q last year?
Speaker 5: Here he had he's a beast, but coming re acting like this, man ain't like this.
Speaker 8: So so the argument could be that the Cowboys got a bunch of dudes who've been doing this.
Speaker 2: That's true, but the Cowboys ain't healthy last year. They wasn't healthy when they healthy.
Speaker 3: What happened with the Cowboys?
Speaker 2: That was McCarthy. We never got a coach not about his coaching.
Speaker 4: Stand you you don't, don't and you sitting up there, you pulling on Kingsbury like this man had been around some of the greatest minds in football. Got played for Mike Leach and I was there with Bill Belichick. He was around Josh mcdaie's guy, sat in the quarterback room with Tom Brady. This dude is a very good you know who else was around around Bill Belichick?
Speaker 3: Mcdame's he was around, he was around there.
Speaker 2: He got a Super Bowl rings Bill Josh learned all the bad stuff. He learned how to do the cheating and everything else like that. All no, no, let's go.
Speaker 7: But he what he said, what accusations?
Speaker 2: But Washington, Washington a little what what did you see? You won? They was was cold, but they they beat them. You would not with Cooper rush out there was he even playing?
Speaker 3: Yes, like what w like you can't even tell me who cowboys was playing when they've been in Washington.
Speaker 2: See, you're not gonna commit me.
Speaker 7: I but that was healthy.
Speaker 4: I mean, if second is healthy, Kansas City should be a team makes a playoff. Said about so if it's if Lamar Jackson's healthy, Baltimore should be very good, right.
Speaker 5: True statistics and if that based off of the statistics the players in the scheme that you are seeing right now, if you were a betting man, if we're in that locker room, take off your professional head. I'm not about to sit here and say, hey, I told you, if they healthy, sure ten wins. But just looking at the roster where they're at right now, that's seven and the possible is more ralistic. Bro like Washington is coming off with the offensive m v P guy.
Speaker 6: Then you have the Eagles that are Super Bowl winners, like best number three.
Speaker 2: We got to wrap this up.
Speaker 5: So that wasn't second in the MVP two years he got what he was healthy.
Speaker 2: That's the last Right now, where are you at? Right now? Where you at? Right now? Right now? Where you at?
Speaker 7: That's the ten possible?
Speaker 4: So you go, seven is possible? Okay, So you follow me, George? What you got?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 8: I can't give them ten wins based several factors, but one determining factor for me is I don't know how they're going to control the ball with who's going to run the ball. So and that's just one of the things.
Speaker 7: But what's the numbers that I give?
Speaker 2: I give them eight wins?
Speaker 7: Okay, now give my seven to my possibles.
Speaker 2: Wow, So where are you going? Are you gonna follow me?
Speaker 7: No, I'm the one that led that charge on the space.
Speaker 3: This is all on health.
Speaker 2: What you got?
Speaker 7: I'm like, are we doing new number? Hold on? Are we doing new numbers?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Possible?
Speaker 2: Okay, So you're following me, following it?
Speaker 3: Do thank you?
Speaker 7: I'm just saying health imitation is the best for health.
Speaker 2: They healthy.
Speaker 7: That's ten.
Speaker 3: That's ten to ten piece over here in peace man.
Speaker 2: Seven and a half.
Speaker 4: Eight playoffs, Yeah, seven and a half an't getting the playoff seven.
Speaker 7: Health.
Speaker 6: Nobody NFC scares me. I'm just I said, nobody scares me. But I'm also really nobody scares me.
Speaker 2: But Anthony George said tray more Bury Church, I'm new n We'll talk America. Who scares you? In a Dallas goodbye?
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Uscowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.