Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 3: He is hanging with the boys, presented by Windstuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts.
Speaker 4: Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 5: Gross, Welcome to the show to victory Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's really the thing it.
Speaker 7: Is now, how about that they're so big live Look at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside the Ford Center, at the Star and Frisco, where it is ninety one degrees, it feels like ninety three the highest ninety four the load to night it's seventy three degrees. This is hanging with the Boys, presented each and every day by wingstop or Flavor gets his wings?
Speaker 8: What's up? What's up? Cooks?
Speaker 9: Together?
Speaker 3: There we go together. We make Hanging with the boys the sports talk equivalent of Braille. You us them, everyone feel.
Speaker 8: Us, Yes, sir, right, thank you, Jesse, You're welcome.
Speaker 7: How's everybody doing?
Speaker 8: Kurt good?
Speaker 7: You're good good.
Speaker 1: Got to give a shout out to my son. He's turning twenty one to do.
Speaker 7: Please tell me y'all are going to the strip club and have sweet minutes?
Speaker 3: What what?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: They might want to go to battle study?
Speaker 7: They might that's what you call it. Now, what are y'all doing? Special day?
Speaker 9: With?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: He's actually out? He's going to school out of town.
Speaker 3: So was that the one that I met at the golf bars? Okay, well, happy birthday? Yeah? My older one what's his name?
Speaker 7: Jesus was like, got eighty five kids? You gotta specify, Kurt.
Speaker 3: You know what I feel bad about thinking about birthdays? Like last week, I missing not only my older brother's birthday, which was the thirteenth, my mother's birthday was the fourteenth. I don't know.
Speaker 7: And so you know, I'm so bad with birthdays too.
Speaker 3: And I knew it, I got I knew it, but I was just like the show was over. They were like, oh, so we don't get a shout out? My bad couldn't get me a shot out? It's too late.
Speaker 7: How you doing it?
Speaker 3: And then I don't, I don't, I don't count down. The threats went to next year.
Speaker 7: How you doing today?
Speaker 3: I'm good man, Today's a good day. Yeah, good, good, good good. That got a good, nice sleep if you have trouble sleeping. And I'm I don't know about everybody, right, I know some people suffer from insomnia. But if you have trouble sleeping, one thing you should add to your regimen eight to ten ounces of cherry juice.
Speaker 1: Cherriageerry juice.
Speaker 7: Cherry juice is a cure all for a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Cherche inflammation, inflammation. It has melaltonin in it naturally. Really it gives you some of the best rest to eight the ten ounces of cherry juice.
Speaker 7: A lot of athletes are on the cherry juice train.
Speaker 3: I've been on the cherry juice train for about two years. A little shots, I go, I go ahead and get the little what's called I just have a little glass.
Speaker 1: I just kind of really never heard of that cherry juice, giving your giving your pump, any of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Old Mama's on the injury report. He's on the injury report. We want to hike this morning and cought a rock on the pall. Yeah, he's day to day probable for the game. Then he'll work on the side of Brown and the rehab crew. We'll see how he bounces back. Probable for the game on Sunday. But yeah, he's a tough one. We need a tough one. We need him, We need him.
Speaker 8: What is now what type of animal?
Speaker 3: Cutti COURSEO, Okay, Yeah we need He's big. He's big.
Speaker 11: He's he's bigger than he, bigger than he, bigger than you, bro, He's way.
Speaker 8: More than That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: He's close.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's close. You know how much you weigh? About one sixty? He got him right, He's close.
Speaker 1: Really, he's that big.
Speaker 3: It was about one thirty ish. Yeah. How old is he? A year and a half?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 12: Grown?
Speaker 3: No, No, they grow to about a little over to you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, said he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Get me in the fall, like literally he might by the time we get back in January.
Speaker 8: Head size. I think you still got it?
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I got pitt your mama's head. He's up there, y'all. Y'all close rights, y'all be like this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, don't stare at me.
Speaker 7: Make how you doing today?
Speaker 3: Nate?
Speaker 8: Oh man, I am soon that you decided to.
Speaker 9: Business.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was hitting Dion.
Speaker 11: I'm going up there on the thirteenth man for that Friday game on No Way game. It is, and yeah, Stanford, but so you're not gonna be a little too smart for me. I better wait to next week.
Speaker 7: You're not gonna be. You're not gonna be.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna say, oh no, not Friday. I'm still calling in. I gotta call in and just we go with that. You're getting picked up. Let me check it, Bridy, you got extra ticket jes This is his phone number, oh.
Speaker 7: Man, and do it from Prime's office.
Speaker 12: We're good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tims with the white carpet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 12: That'd be awesome.
Speaker 7: Call is today eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. That's eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. And you know what text us and if Chris likes you, text.
Speaker 11: Eight one seven two nine oh three two nine eight. I've been practicing it, Come.
Speaker 8: On more time.
Speaker 11: Text line is a eight eight five five to two nine seven phone line.
Speaker 7: The text line this one that.
Speaker 11: One eight one seven two nine zero three two dins all right, there you go.
Speaker 1: All right, Gee from Jerseys suggests maybe you're getting sleepy with that cherry drink because there's vodka.
Speaker 3: No no vodka for me, No no vodka for me, my furthest extence is like whine a champagne.
Speaker 8: That's like what type wine do you drink?
Speaker 3: Depending on what I'm eating?
Speaker 1: Okay, he actually directed that toward.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, if I'm drinking cherry juice, it's yeah, it's got something extra in it.
Speaker 8: So just take your shirt and ring it out and then.
Speaker 9: Stop.
Speaker 3: Stop.
Speaker 7: Somebody somebody texted me yesterday. It was talking about they were just talking about we were making them laugh, and I was like, it's not ever intentional, and and I don't remember what we were calling, but I was like, there's one thing about our show. It doesn't matter. You can't let nothing's gonna slide if you get a text or you're distracted or you say something like we're not those other shows where we're professional.
Speaker 3: And we just rolled through it like so we're.
Speaker 7: Gonna you're gonna somebody's gonna call you out.
Speaker 11: I listened to the other shows man and uh uh Patrick, no, c me and him gonna have to have and man because and and me and and I'm I'm gonna bring Jesse in now I'm gonna bring you in because.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna have to use that you ain't play ball before and so.
Speaker 11: When I when I when I first, when I first when when I first punched, he's gonna go real intellect. And then I'm a pointing you, Jesse. I I may have to take you with with Stanford, all those they're gonna be like you. It's okay, that's all right. Y'all may beat us, but you will work for us anyway.
Speaker 7: You know, you go body blow himself of him up with the.
Speaker 3: Middle and then I got you.
Speaker 7: I got you, and then Jesse just way down.
Speaker 11: Because hey, it's only a few it's like four people on each show that can talk and don't have to stop and see I have to stop and think, Jess, just you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So what did No C say that got you? I don't know if we've ever had beef with another.
Speaker 11: He said that, and I didn't hear it all, so I could be taking him out of content.
Speaker 3: You gotta you know, here's what you have to do to do. This is how you and this is how you any debate. Okay, you got to go to Shador Sanders method. Okay, you gotta go home. Whatever the numbers to the left, to the right, and then whenever he starts talking, just go like this, put him on and go just.
Speaker 8: Like, no, it be fun if we double team.
Speaker 3: You just put those rings in his face. That ceases all conversation.
Speaker 11: What he was basically saying was that over time, running quarterbacks get beat up. And he's saying that, uh, Jalen Hurts got beat up, and that the Eagles don't look good at this point, and you know, and it's gonna catch up with them. And I'm and and I'm saying in my mind, I'm I'm riding along.
Speaker 3: Hey, there's Nick eat Man.
Speaker 11: You can catch his Yeah, you can catch his podcast cast the Selfish Podcast.
Speaker 8: I don't want nay neon on it. Uh.
Speaker 11: And but what gets me though jests and what you understand what I'm saying when I say, hey, did you realize he played four more games or two more games depending on where did you make the playoffs or not, they may have played three more games than you played. Their off season maybe was shortened. And not only that they had to deal with the same amount of Uh.
Speaker 8: Like, we got our.
Speaker 11: Core players, they have their core players, but forty percent of they roster got turned. So you gotta look at this thing. For their point is we're just like the Cowboys. We're not our best yet it's only been two games, so I'm actually when you was telling me about some power rankings this early in the season, are you telling me how a god looks this early in the season. Have the Bengals not taught you something in the last three years that maybe these two or three games up front don't mean as much as those games rather after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 8: That's that's all.
Speaker 11: I'm saying you. The Eagles are two and oh forget the score. Don't don't look at the score, because eight weeks from now, if they're six and two and we're six and two, are we gonna downplay them because they struggled the first two games?
Speaker 8: Now we're gonna be hyping this thing up. And that's my issue.
Speaker 7: Before I issue the challenge publicly live on the air, do you agree with that point of view, Jesse, because I don't want I don't want you to one thing of not being able to back Nate up if we get because he's scrappy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one thing about me? Can you you have to know this about me?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm a ride for mine.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I'm gonna ride.
Speaker 7: So you'll find a way to make it work.
Speaker 3: Like I'll tell you behind closed doors, like.
Speaker 7: I don't agree with you.
Speaker 3: Don't worry.
Speaker 7: Let's just don't say it in the break because that's another thing about our show. Nothing is off when you talk about it.
Speaker 8: But thank you, Nate, think about it. But yes, am I wrong in what I'm saying? I mean you may have a different opinion about it, all right.
Speaker 7: So yeah, one o'clock Patrick, Monday through Friday on the playground. You picked the day. The time is here, the place is now, The time is now, the place is.
Speaker 8: Here, and we'll move out the way that you and Justin.
Speaker 7: Will find a new microphone. I'll go get it. I'll go get it.
Speaker 3: This is this And they're like, oh okay, wait, I'm gonna get my big brother right out the thing. You know.
Speaker 11: The thing is, I'm telling you because he was stop talking. I listened to this show. When he started talking. He don't take no breaths, So I won't never. But you know how to hit it in there, Okay, oh okay, this you're gonna have to wait on you to take a breath, all right. I won't know what to say, challenge Patrick.
Speaker 7: We will make room anytime you want to come down and debate Nate for three seconds and Jesse for three hours. That's how that would go down.
Speaker 11: I just believe this right here, because teams looked at us, you know, the Cowboys we won that first Super Bowl, but we we won that first Super Bowl, and people looked at us and thought that we wasn't good enough the way they looked at Buffalo they lost.
Speaker 8: Well, well they're not gonna happen.
Speaker 11: But you gotta understand, these guys have played more games. So if they struggle at the beginning of the season, even though we didn't just have a major turnover that every team has, Dallas had major turnover this offseason.
Speaker 8: But due to the fact that.
Speaker 11: Their court players are so strong and the culture is in place, you can continue to win.
Speaker 8: Same way with the Eagles.
Speaker 11: I just don't think they let loose twenty five core players and now.
Speaker 8: This team luckily won two games.
Speaker 11: I think they have a very good team and for us is to not give them their gests do It's just to me. I'm gonna treat them like I'm treating the kicker, and today show me they ain't the boys, they the men. They the one in this division.
Speaker 14: You know, So, Jess, I need you, I got you.
Speaker 7: All right, Chris, do we have anyone on the phones? We do?
Speaker 12: All right? Who we got bring?
Speaker 7: The caller is gonna be Josh in Maryland, Josh, Hello, Hey, what's going on? What's up?
Speaker 9: Wait?
Speaker 7: We got that? What is our question for all the callers today? What do we want to be? Are you drinking the Cowboy kool Aid? Are you chugging it cheerie?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm one of those things that people hate. I'm drinking it every year, so I'm the reason why people don't like that. I'm saying, so I'm drinking the kool aid area yet I'm drinking it in pre season, all right. So I just wanted to say I'm uh, you know, I'm happy with the Rochester team. I kind of take the team different this year. Mike is talking different and.
Speaker 9: Stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Usually do good these first four games in the season. But the only position I'm a little scared of it's a running back position this year. Trying to see what we're gonna do with that. I don't know if Tony gonna be able to take that note for the whole year.
Speaker 9: But Michael said that.
Speaker 6: He's trying to make change score ten or mats on. That's all again, so Michael said ten and that and Mike, I trust I just wanted to leave y'all with that. Appreciate y'all taking my call.
Speaker 7: All right, thank you for calling.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it, you know, thank you for the call. Josh from Maryland. I want people to kind of understand the new NFL and outside of You're Derek, your b Jon Robinson's yourquons. Those teams who have a dedicated number one running back the day like like we have, like the days of Emma Smith are over right. You have to now start looking at the totality of what the running back room does as a whole. That's where more teams are going now. It's not if one guy can get over one hundred yards, but they're looking at, now, what can we do as a unit? It is when we when we in this game, did we meet the goals of our unit? That's we want to rush for one hundred and twenty five yards? How did we get there?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: And and and in how we got there? Is it efficient to what we want to do? Does it put us in situations where we're now in third and short. That's the that's the mentality of this football team going forward. It's it's no longer And again this goes back to what I said before. It's no longer on the shoulders of one man or one position. It's what is best working best for our team today. And if Tony Polla gives me seventy five yards and Rico gives me another forty five yards, and Turpin gives me eighteen yards and Ducevon gives me another sixteen yards that equal? Can we get to one hundred and fifty yards rushing? Is that rushing attempt? You know, per attempt four point five yards or better? How did we do on third down? Like that's where this thing is going. So to say that to be worried about the position, I think a lot of times we get we've gotten so accustomed to what having Zeke in here so long, of having that one bell cow or that one back where you're saying, you know an other people talking about roll in the red zone. We don't love to have Zeke in the red zone. Overall. That's not the brand of football that's being played in the NFL right now. It's a it's a stable of backs and if one gets going cool, we ride that wave. But if not, we're perfectly okay, with the distribution of reps being spread out amongst our backs to equal the totality of whatever that number is, one fifty and you know, four point yards four point h yards a carry, and that way it gets us to a place of it. We want to keep the chains moving. As long as the train keeps moving, we don't care who's conducting it. We don't care who's the coals that we're putting in a fire to keep this train moving as long as it's moving in a positive direction. So we kind of have to start diverting the way we look at things from a position sense point, especially at that position, a running back position, because that's just not the brand anymore. That's not the brand when you have one back that's going to have the gaudy number like we used to seeing in the past.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you look at the game last night. Taysom Hill nine for seventy five, Jones Junior twelve for thirty four, Jamal Williams nine for twenty nine. They got three guys in the mix. You know, I think you're just used to this team as far back as you can remember. Always you had Z you know.
Speaker 8: You had and smell.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you always had that. Yeah, so with that's a great point. Sorry Kurt, to cut you off. I hate people that say I didn't mean to cut you off. What you did, Yeah, I didn't mean to.
Speaker 8: Well, let him talk. What is going to talk about? What you think?
Speaker 7: What do we think he was going to say, come to your rescue, Je.
Speaker 12: Don't do that.
Speaker 7: He'll give up, you know how he does. It gives up if you mess with him too much.
Speaker 1: Go Kurt, No, it was just we're talking about the running game. I saw stumbled on a stat here and I don't know if it has any bearing or difference, but we've talked about how dak they're trying to get the ball out quick, that sort of thing. Well, right now, time spent behind the line of scrimmage for running backs, Rico Dado is number one with the lowest time two point four to two seconds, and Tony polyders third two point four fight it's actually tied for second. Is that a design scheme where they're trying to get a field quicker or is that just the breaks as.
Speaker 3: It's going right now? Yeah, it's designed like everything about this offense is now more efficient, more quicker, take the profit.
Speaker 7: Get it forward. Quicker no matter what it is.
Speaker 3: Because if we're moving forward, we're not going backwards. We're not going backwards. We are it's profit. We want to take all the profit in the world. And that continuously and as that began to evolve, I'm telling you, ladies and gentlemen, as that begins to evolve, it becomes so difficult to have to deal with so many different players from different positions. It does one of the things that we've heard in the past about the Cowboys back in the Jason Garrett era, even in the Keller Moore era, it was always boy the predictability of what they were going to do on offense, and when you got into those really really really tight games when you needed a player to teams and the opponents would say, we kind of knew what was coming. We knew what was coming, we knew they were kind of going to go with the ball, so we were Johnny on the spot. This makes teams have to play every blaze the grass fifty three and the third by one hundred, one hundred, by fifty three and the third. You have to play every single area and everybody is a viable option. And I'm telling you, when it comes to those games where we have to make a play. Now, I know some people will say, well, you throw it the Rico dalo, you gave it the rico dalla, maybe should have given to Okay, we'll, we'll, we'll, we'll talk about that when we get to that bridge. But the way that this thing is being distributed, the distribution, you're gonna hear that word a lot, distribution, distribution, distribution. Everybody is an option in this offense, and everybody's going to have a chance to make plays for this offense. Profit wins. You never go broke by taking profit.
Speaker 11: In the bottom line is we already got to what they're gonna say, Well, we need to get Tony touched the ball twenty five times, running in another time seven catching your boy called it had thirteen targets for eleven catches. So coach is still giving it to the big time and everybody's still feed the others as Shaq, let's say, the others are still he just he just give me a lot of different personnel and he's using guys, and then that's that's just a great thing because last year I used to sit here and just.
Speaker 8: Bomb just every week. You mean to tell me we can't throw the ball.
Speaker 11: It's the number nine, not number nine to touch the ball so much this year, we don't even think twice about it. We don't even think and it ain't remember two games.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's surfing. You know. Last year we.
Speaker 11: Begging eight games in nine games in begging for this kid to touch the ball.
Speaker 7: We can't fight one route for everybody. And if they, if they, he's not. We've established it on this show. He's not a gadget guy.
Speaker 8: He's not a gadget guy.
Speaker 7: If you keep getting the ball in that guy's hands four or five, six times a game.
Speaker 3: He's gonna break one.
Speaker 7: He's gonna break one this year like he's he's gonna break one from scrimmage, right.
Speaker 3: They're gonna break him one of the other.
Speaker 8: That's where we got the other gay. That's what we got. The other gat you got, oh got you guy.
Speaker 3: Something's gonna get.
Speaker 7: Let's take our first break when we come back. More calls a A eight seven on The People Show, Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: Fall is here, and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 15: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 12: Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 15: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Boys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 13: Seat Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, so whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat geeg not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here be week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat geek has you covered? Download the sea Geek after they seed Geek, You're a ticket the Great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 16: How's wing Stop sound christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted, tossed and those eleven soul satisfying players paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch and of course spicy Cajun fried corse. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at Westop dot com.
Speaker 8: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 7: Welcome back, second segment. I'm hanging with the Boys, presented by a blockchain dot com each and every day, Thank you blockchain dot Com. And we're talking football and taking phone calls and maybe a text here and there if Chris comes across one that's worthy of being on the air. Phone numbers eight eight, eight, eight, five five two two nine seven. Text lines eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight Chris, do you have anyone on the phone.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 12: We have Jeff and Upper Marlboro, Maryland.
Speaker 7: Jeff, Upper Marlboro, Maryland.
Speaker 3: This tells you right here there are no Washington commanders fans in the DMV. They're all cowboys fans. Our last, our last two calls has been from the DMV. So I love it. We we we we we run, we run DMVs as well.
Speaker 7: Jeff, are you drinking the kool aid?
Speaker 9: Welcome? This is what I'm doing. Brothers. First of all, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 8: Hold on, hold on you. This ain't no, this ain't no machine, is it?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 3: You radio?
Speaker 8: Okay? Yeah? A machine?
Speaker 9: No? No?
Speaker 8: Now with a machine in a terminator? Are you? Brother?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 8: I'm just saying you gonna be a terminator?
Speaker 9: What a terminator say? I'm in love with Jesus, I don't think.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right now.
Speaker 9: Right. As a matter of fact, guys, I'm gonna say this very quickly. I have two thoughts that I would like you guys to consider. As a matter of fact, I'm going to be down there for the past game. My daughter, for my seventy first birthday, is taking me to this game. So I'll be out of Maryland. There, Okay, I just wanted to mention that. But there's these two thoughts. There's these two thoughts. Number one, why do you think people seem to go dumb when it comes to looking at the two teams that we played that have really good records? And I think that the Jets had the fifth best best defense in the league. But now they're saying, well, now the Jets ain't that good because we beat them. So that's number one. The teams that we played out of New York are good teams, but because we beat them, now they're saying they're not that good. That's number one. Number Two, there seems to be this willingness for people that have rejected the Cowboys for so long. Now they're seeing the momentum because of our defense, and they'll say, all right, this defense can get you to the super Bowl. But there seems to be this fear of Dak falling apart when it comes to the playoffs. Now you are there, you see Dak. I personally think he has strong inner fortitude to forge his way into the playoffs and win. I know he's determined to do that. But what do you guys think? What's your observation.
Speaker 7: Thank you for the call, Jeff too great crazy sounded really good for a seventy year old man. It's a great voice. My opinion is short and sweet and y'all can take you away, just just like two games, Well, what'd you say?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 11: See, I never forgot that they were that there were a good defense. I never forgot that. That's why we had to do the five field goals. Everybody's like, wow, we need to work on our red zone. Did you forget that Quinn Williams can play Quincon Williams can play that seat, that CJ. Mose ain't no, ain't no puffy. He's a full grown dog. I never forgot that. I was telling my wife everybody want to forget hey, miss Michelle, that they had a good that they had a nice defense last year, and this defense will proved again that they're good.
Speaker 8: That's why we had the five field goals. I'm through with it.
Speaker 7: That's my two games in give it time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's dak is going to get that criticism until he wins. Yeah, it doesn't matter what.
Speaker 7: And this fan base, it's a shell shock fan base because it's happened twenties, what seven years in a row now, like you have these glimpses and flashes of you know, and then like.
Speaker 2: You did the first week, Yeah, the glimpses and flashes and and then and then hey, and then I'm in Mexico every year watching the playoffs, you know, not caring about the team that's in it, and then you wind up eight and eight eight eight eight eight.
Speaker 7: I think this is different.
Speaker 3: But that's why I saw freeze.
Speaker 7: I give it, you gotta give it some time, let it out.
Speaker 3: I think sometimes y'all set me up. This is bad because because y'all, y'all.
Speaker 7: You'll always set trying to build me.
Speaker 3: Up to tear me down, Like y'all will have long answers and then everyone looked for me for long answer and then be like, well he talks a lot. First off, I'm gonna talk a lot. We'll stay on bread. The gold post moves. When it comes to the Cowboys, the gold post will continue always it's gonna move. So so just know that, like the people are going to move the goal posts because if the Jets of the Giants would beat us, then it will be up. See same old cowboys. So the gold posts is consistently going to move.
Speaker 7: Is that because you Why is that?
Speaker 9: Is that?
Speaker 7: Because you have one of the most popular brands in all sports? Yeah, and you either love them or you hate them, and you love to hate them.
Speaker 3: There's no in between. So the gold Puss always move. The second part of that is, I do believe that Dak has one of the strongest mental fortitudes in all of sports. Doesn't matter on the football field. What matters on the football feel is does the productivity or your play or your team's play, does it equates or equal to w's regular season? And I've said this a million times in this show. Don't care. We've done it. He tried back to back twelve and seasons. We've had thirteen win season, We've had the best rosters. And the thing that will forever haunt Dak until he exercises those demons. Side note. You know, for the longest time, and maybe because I was a public school kind of kid, I never knew that like extra side, when you have exercise the demons, it's not spelled like a regular exercise anyway. Okay, it's not.
Speaker 11: Different because you're spelled different, right yea, you tell us how well how they spell different, then it's not exercise.
Speaker 8: Both of you got to exert, right, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: They spelled different.
Speaker 8: Give All was like, oh wow.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, you got you got so he got to help because.
Speaker 3: They're all spelled they're spelled different. But in the regular season we get it. And the numbers are there, the in the and and and the the the the wins are there. But if I'm not mistaken, Dak is three and seven. His record is three and seven in the playoffs. So until he exercised those demons and and and win consistently deep into the playoffs, people will forever have that fear. I'm gonna have that fear White has that, like I'm going to have that fear. I don't I don't care how this season goes. We can win every single geme. We could be seventeen and in the.
Speaker 7: Playoffs and you wait on the craft, the bed and.
Speaker 3: Two, and I'm gonna be like man, because I know that the playoffs are season number three. It's a new season. And in the playoffs, it doesn't matter how you win. All that matters is that you win. We'll deal with if it's one point, if it's a half, a place you can And for Dak, it's been great regular season for whatever reason. And I don't want to say it's just Dak right, because are the fifty two other guys that play on this football team. But the quarterback gets all the credit when they win, so they take all the criticism when they lose. At the end of the day. His playoff record is time in the league. I believe it's three and ten. The three and seven. That has to change. You gotta get on the winning side of that and people will begin to kind of have to get off that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's why I always tap the breaks is because I'm like, what you said earlier, show me go do it, and it hasn't been done in so long.
Speaker 1: And four in the playoffs, two and four record his record.
Speaker 7: I mean, go do it once and then I won't tap those breaks. At the beginning of the year. I'll be like, Okay, we did it. We know this can be done.
Speaker 8: Go do it. By the way, that spelled e x or So.
Speaker 7: That's where the Exorcist came from, is exercising ex war sizing. Yeah, never knew that.
Speaker 8: I learned something.
Speaker 3: The school got that.
Speaker 7: All right, one more call and then we're gonna take another break. Chris, do we have anyone else.
Speaker 10: Oh, do we have someone else? This guy is definitely drinking the kool aid. We got computer, what's up?
Speaker 3: What's up? Computer?
Speaker 17: I'm having I'm having a wonderful, a wonderful day. I got an event going on and where I'm having over two hundred ministers come out and say a prayer for the missis's around the area that the Mimbery red break game. I got all my ministry signed up Paul about the rest of the tickets that we had for sale for the game. DJ Paul did, Thank you, Paul. Cowboys is kicking butt and you know, a lot of people want to talk stuff, but these fans don't follow the team. This is the first time since Natanham played when we had a line on offense and defense. We had safeties, we had linebacker, corner, we had all positions. Feel before, when we went to the playoffs, we were we were incomplete. We had no we could not stop the run. When we could stop the run, we had no offensive line. When we could get to the playoffs and went Dak didn't have no weapons. This is the first time we've had a complete team, a complete coaching staff, whereas nobody's on the coaching staff he's trying to be the head coach. Everybody's working, trying to work together the team. Jack Gary had a bunch of people on his coaching staff that wanted to be head coaching. They started with the offensive line coach that left and had the line playing real good. He wanted he wanted their.
Speaker 9: Job he had.
Speaker 17: Keller Moore wanted Gary job than he wanted. Mike mccartty, Will bok Sam came to Dallas to get out of there. He didn't come to Dallas win.
Speaker 9: On super boat.
Speaker 17: He didn't have no money. That's why he brought his butt down there and Jared paid him out the money. He ran off to Miami and put that money down there. Chen Gate didn't have a chance called Troy got rid of him because he wanted to run the option. So you know what I'm saying. So this is the first time we had an opportunity. We actually had a head coach of the staff that supported him to Jimmy left. Jimmy had a supportive staff with him. Mia McCarty has a supportive staff with him. We had to get Jason Garret and all the people and Jerry them had to learn to get out the way and to let the coach do his job. Man, it just takes time to learn someth's only been fifty something Super bowls were up in there. What eight one five, it's just a lower averages. It's just time for us to get warm this year. Dad. We don't stop us is the NFL and Rockery to Dale with them referee like you look at you look at Sunday with that holding call on tarrens Maith. He did finish that man. That wasn't no holding call on that touchdown, but it was called. And then also Michael Potson had touched that gun when he had persisted that ball. He was up standing up. He won't touching that guy. They took that from us.
Speaker 7: My computer, we got to take a break.
Speaker 17: Thank you boys, thank you for calling y'all, and we come down there for the general.
Speaker 7: All right, all right, all right, road, you got us hooked up right, y'all, got y'all hooked up.
Speaker 17: We back state. We're staying on state. I'm letting Nate run out there for a three six months.
Speaker 9: Come out.
Speaker 7: Let's go later later, computer, I take our last break. When we come back. More phone calls on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 7: He escapes left. He'll look for a first style.
Speaker 12: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 16: How's Wingstop sound crispy, juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying players paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop Ranch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 13: See if geek has your back. No matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, so whether you're a die hard fan or a doordworthy care fan, we got him next time fan, or We'll never win again fan Here for the tailgame fan, or a first one through the gates fan to see. Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a Here of your Week fan or haven't been here in years fan seek geek has you covered? Download does see Geek? After the Sea Geek? You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 18: James right here. You're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys? And I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 12: Enter today.
Speaker 8: Back to hang in with the Bulls.
Speaker 7: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, presented by Jigsaw, the proud daty partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Also stay tuned. Do us a favor today, new he scrugs, host of Players Lounge, showed up an hour early today, Yes, and thought our show.
Speaker 12: Was his show.
Speaker 7: So pay him pay do him a favor and listen to.
Speaker 8: A show today.
Speaker 7: Give give him some extra viewers. He put in the extra work today by accident, but he was still here.
Speaker 3: So sometimes to come and get a they have a great show. He wanted to touch the him of the garment on what a good show looks?
Speaker 7: When to come the people show?
Speaker 11: Probably looking for the free tickets to you know, whop.
Speaker 7: Trying to get up there with computer this weekend. Yeah, yeah, all right. One question before we go back to the phones. This is a this is a great question. This was this This text question was submitted by none other than the Shows on Kurt Daniels. What he wants to know If the Cowboys are all about protecting players and not playing them in the preseason, then why the hell are they out there when you're up forty to nothing and thirty to ten in garbage time? Why do you have your star guys out there. I think that's a fair and great question. Is it just a numbers game where you don't have enough guys guys, but shouldn't you get.
Speaker 1: Get Parsons out of there and rest him lamb out of there resting?
Speaker 7: Or is it one of those things where they're like, maybe their bonus is tied to plays and we're out of there.
Speaker 10: And then it was third down and long and they both went in there like oh, we need a little.
Speaker 8: Piece of this. They ran in.
Speaker 7: They were definitely not in the game. At the end they're like it's third and long. Oh, I'm getting back in there.
Speaker 11: Sometimes you just have to trust in the coaches and you know the players. You know, all of that you said could be a part of decisonam. Sometime you have to trust and the coaches pray they don't get hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean we saw mikel wear down last year. I mean after Thanksgiving or something.
Speaker 8: But he ain't played with seven.
Speaker 11: I mean he played more than seventeen minutes, but he ain't played with seventeen minutes. He wallheaded last year because remember last year, this time our defense had really toke the load. So you know that first game I was saying the same thing, but you hadn't played the whole preseason. When do you get in shape because you can't get in shape when Philadelphia get here. You can't get in shape with the forty nine ers get here. You're gonna have to be already there. You know you got because it's gonna be physical.
Speaker 1: While we're talking like vander Vanders curse Gilmore dig they played one hundred percent of the snaps. Hooker played ninety four per parcels out there for eighty seven percent of the snaps. I mean that's again, they played on them guys.
Speaker 11: But some guys ain't coming out, man, you know how, especially the defensive guys want to.
Speaker 1: But should they? You know, coaches, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know man, that players play.
Speaker 8: I just I just coach play, man, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because here's the thing, and I know we coaches have to tech us from ourselves. But boy, if I put it all that work throughout the week, man, let me eat, Like, let me eat until there's no more left on the bone. Like I just just you put in so much and g and effort, man, like you just gotta let me let me eat. Man, let me just.
Speaker 8: Go come get some of this because you know.
Speaker 3: This thing goes by and and honestly, a lot of those things some time. For players, it is you don't think about it earlier in the year, but you look back on it later on the year you go, hey, dog, I was close to hitting my player performance bonus now, and you helped me out a lot of these games. You're not hard to keep micaeh out. He wants to go every single night.
Speaker 7: That's the other thing. If you're a coach and one of these guys tells you, no, I'm going back in, like.
Speaker 8: Good, look and serious, he gonna win? Right, Yeah, yeah, if you.
Speaker 7: Seriously, because you're not gonna bench because he goes back in, are you?
Speaker 8: Because you got don'na have to.
Speaker 11: That's where you have to have a great relationship with your player to look him in his eyes and say, man, look at it from this point right, and they a player stopped and saying, okay, he looking.
Speaker 8: Out for the best of me.
Speaker 11: But you you you lead the league in sacks. Yeah, you ain't show up by this guy. You got a bonus tied.
Speaker 7: Good luck telling Jason Witten back in the day. Now let this let this let this young guy in and.
Speaker 11: Have some rep that's a different thing with Jason. That's a different Jason one brought up right, Damn Camell brought him.
Speaker 8: Up laying on your own. That ain't play up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: While we're talking about Micah, Do you guys have a problem. He's having fun, right, Yeah, he's friends with a lot of these guys in the league. So when he talks a little noise and he's you know, and and he's got his own podcast and he's very vocal. You know, he made it well known in the first week that he feels like the Giants did Daniel Jones dirty. And you know, he had a funny tweet the other day after the game, I'm coming. Yeah, Johann Dotson said two and O two and oh yawn e emoji and he said incoming, and you know, and it's like, and he's just having fun because he's probably friends with these guys. But from the outside of college, with him outside looking in it, you know, it's it's like when two teams talk trash on social media. The Giants talk trash to the Cowboys, you may know, the social media team, and it's all fun and games, but from a big picture, it's like it's fodder for other people and it creates Do y'all have a problem with him? I mean, he's backing it up.
Speaker 8: So it's almost you asked question. You asked the question, boom, you asked.
Speaker 3: You know, but you could even say, like, you know, sounds of like there wasn't sounding the sideline. But the NFL caught the post game between Sauce, Mica uh and c learned how to catch. Now some may say, well, dog, do you want him to pick your quarterback off?
Speaker 9: Four?
Speaker 3: Pick six? But that's just the conversation. Like there is this healthy respect we talk about. You hear about it a lot of times about the fraternity. When the whistle blows and you step in front of those lines, I want to take your head off within the rules. When it's over, it's over. A lot of these guys they share the same agent, they went to school together, they trained together, like so, so there's relationships that have been forged far beyond the game of football. That football has brought them together. And again there's a healthy understanding of when don't we step on this field, I am going to destroy you. But when the final whistle blows, I don't hate you like. That's the thing I understand about fans like y'all take this thing a little bit too far. Y'all be in the stands fighting and arguing them lying, all that kind of stuff, And I'll be like, you fighting like you're really physically fighting because someone says something about that when you go to jail, that's not coming to set your give you bail money, bro, he don't even know you exist. So I get the fandom, and that's fun, that's cool, But come on, like, at some point in time, there has to be some rationalization in this whole thing that it is just a game. When we get done playing. We signed in jerseys, our families know one another, we having dinner, we chill, we vacation in the off season. While y'all fighting and knocking each other heads off.
Speaker 7: You forget it's fun. Yeah, And at this even at this level, like these guys are, most of them are having fun. Most of them out that field act like little kids, you know. I mean, it's it's a fun game. They're enjoying it.
Speaker 1: Go have your fun that way when you guys are playing.
Speaker 8: Nah, we were a little more, didn't you know.
Speaker 11: We were trained to hate, so you know, but as as by the time Jess and them got there, they start understanding it a little better than we did. And I just want to thank you, man, why you officially back? You asked the question and you answered.
Speaker 7: The Queen Williams of the show blessed you. Thank you well.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 7: I think that might be the first time y'all have ever let me answer my own question. It made me feel good because it was like, you know what I actually contributed to the show, asked the question of the answer one.
Speaker 8: Of you defend you defend it.
Speaker 7: Sometimes I don't do either. The whole show. I did it all turn along.
Speaker 8: He's gonna quit if you don't, Man.
Speaker 7: Not quit the show. He just you bothering, you badger him too much. He he shuts down.
Speaker 1: Just the moment is lost. We're moving on to.
Speaker 11: Forget it, forget so like when the computer call is, Jes goes straight to.
Speaker 7: His phone, running for everyone just to be quiet for five minutes to call it. I'm going back, all right, fellas, good show, great calls. Friday week.
Speaker 8: Exorcist is ain't the same as exercise.
Speaker 7: That's right, that's right. No, see one o'clock, one o'clock.
Speaker 16: Whatever you won't.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm shutting up day this week or next. We'll be here, all right, good show tomorrow Cowboys, Cowboys Offense, Arizona d Defense.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a terrible take to watch, but.
Speaker 11: I've been watching it, and the bad thing about it, I'm watching it and I found myself on the first game watching it, watching the team. Then I say, okay, I'll go to the next game. This past game, did I find myself watching this? Oh, Nate, it's gonna be a bad film.
Speaker 7: That's a good tease though.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: All right, tune in tomorrow to see what else Nate has to say.
Speaker 8: Thanks, Chris, bring your notes tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Ye all right, We will be back tomorrow, same time, same place we come.
Speaker 3: Do your show come on in.
Speaker 7: New his time now see how tomorrow. Bye bye.
Speaker 11: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.