Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wingstuck where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 3: Live look at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, where it is eighty three degrees it feels like eighty eight. The high is ninety five, the low seventy six. It rained last night and a little bit today.
Speaker 4: And oh that's it. What are you passing it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm terrible with that. I'm terrible with that.
Speaker 4: I'm just Kurt and Nate, Shannon, Jesse.
Speaker 6: Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent the broil.
Speaker 4: People see when we speak, yeah, getter, we get better. This is a new thing. I'm looking at him talking. He's like, yeah, I'm just the weather.
Speaker 3: And then I turned it over and then that's you and then we can talk football or whatever nonsense.
Speaker 5: The day brings. How was your lunch?
Speaker 7: It was good?
Speaker 8: I want to get into teeth. But man, I'm excited today. I'm excited.
Speaker 5: We feeling good. Yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 3: Not to get excited when you're talking about the Cowboys offense. I mean, we might be more excited tomorrow talking about the defense, which is actually a good question, which maybe we'll ask it tomorrow. But today we got other stuff to get to. Let's talk you know what, Since we need a first segment, we'll keep it short. Let's talk about the Cardinals defense.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, okay, can I go first? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Hey, Kurt, Hey, how are you hey?
Speaker 9: How are you glad to be here?
Speaker 7: Carlos Watkins, that sounds familiar.
Speaker 4: That's the name that we know.
Speaker 8: K Zir White yep uh, Buddha Bakers on our Uh they got to do what's the guy's talking about? Just forty five?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Gard deck guard deck has three sacks, they have nine total. They play hard. Jesse's your shirt.
Speaker 5: That's it, that's all you got. Three guys.
Speaker 7: Made this interested Jesse. Please.
Speaker 6: So here's the thing, like when you look at here's what I noticed. And I'm kind of gonna work my way from the front to the interior to the back end. When you watch this team. Defensively as a whole, they play with great effort. They do like, they really play with great effort. The problem is they don't have enough guys who have superior skills. They have and I don't want to I'm not trying to kick anybody like in the back or anything like that, but they have a bunch of guys who are just guys.
Speaker 7: C plus guys.
Speaker 6: They got C plus B guys like they don't like there is no one on this defense that you go and you he can wreck a game by himself, right like Micah can go and record game by himself. There's certain players that can go and just record game by themselves. Defensively, there's no one on this defense that you can go and say, we got to start that guy because he can be an absolute game record.
Speaker 4: But they play with like it's just they play with great energy. They do. They try really really hard.
Speaker 5: It's like saying, she's got a good personality, and.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 6: Like she got a nice body, you know what I'm saying, she got a butter face everything.
Speaker 3: Look, if we're talking because we face the last two weeks, guys on those teams that can wreck a game.
Speaker 5: Jets have multiple guys record game on defense.
Speaker 3: Giants do too, and now we're facing a defense that you're saying there's no game record.
Speaker 6: So so so their energy guy is forty five Dennis Garadek. Right, he's the long hair guy. I like his sack celebration. He's like he does sack celebration. He has a cool sack celebration.
Speaker 4: I like him.
Speaker 6: He's the he's the animated person on his defense. He if you again, he's a motor like. He's just he's a guy that's gonna keep coming every.
Speaker 7: Single time I ask the question.
Speaker 5: And Jesse's trying to be polite.
Speaker 7: I am like even at the end of each game.
Speaker 5: Juice ain't come out of you.
Speaker 6: I don't want to call them booty juice. They're not booty juice. They're not booty juice. No, they're they just like the kid like uh, the talent, they just don't. They're not a talented bunch. They're not booty juice. They're not like Garedic. He has all he's motor like, he has no moves.
Speaker 7: He playing on our team.
Speaker 8: Right, like success, Yeah, like you would take advantage every time he needs.
Speaker 4: Like he can't be the guy, like he's the guy right now up front. He can't be the guy and be successful, right.
Speaker 9: You don't think, I mean, Watkins is what he is, but he knows the Cowboys a little is it? Does that give him any break?
Speaker 4: Breaking news?
Speaker 3: Carlos Watkins is undergoing biceps surgery.
Speaker 4: For Carlos Watkins.
Speaker 6: Dante Steele, Yeah, so so so forty five Dennis right, he is.
Speaker 4: He is a motor guy. He is a energy guy.
Speaker 6: He has no moves like like there's nothing that he can do that was surprise or steal that was surprises, terrace to steal or Tyron Smith like he wants to come in and he wants to kind of like muscle with you and then try to get you off of But against superior guys, he's gonna struggle.
Speaker 4: Like he's gonna struggle.
Speaker 8: And what we're saying is with four minutes left in the game and the Giants coming down the stretch, we saw this guy all over the field, but with the last few minutes he couldn't make that play.
Speaker 7: He disappeared tired.
Speaker 4: I mean we've seen he's not tired.
Speaker 7: It's just giving.
Speaker 4: In the NBA, the fourth quarter in the NBA.
Speaker 8: You'll see teams down, even down by twenty oh five minutes left, they down by by ten. All of a sudden, with two minutes left, they tied up.
Speaker 4: And in film, I mean.
Speaker 7: That's just that's this is the guy's up.
Speaker 8: About the theory he was talking about while they was walking in by next year.
Speaker 4: So so I'm gonna get to you that that's that's gonna.
Speaker 6: Culminate the whole thing. Don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's the.
Speaker 7: And your boy back down, your boy. He did it in such a politically not way.
Speaker 3: You know what I appreciate about about Jesse In this segment, he's trying to fill.
Speaker 7: Up the fifteen.
Speaker 11: Yeah I got you, I got without, I got without just being like I got just the only really good player that I got.
Speaker 3: Everybody else tries hard. Let's go to Cowboys office. He's trying to the Possi color and trying to gonna give you content.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna give you the watch in this football game, right because they.
Speaker 7: Go ahead on your side reinterrupted.
Speaker 6: No, no, so now you look at they don't when they want to bring pressure, right, their thing is built on this. We're gonna trick you we're gonna trick you were when they bring pressure or when they want to bring pressure, they'll line up four or five guys standing up.
Speaker 4: They'll be mugged, we call them mugged.
Speaker 6: They'll be guys mugged in the gaps or mugged up in the defensive line of scrimmage. And then what they'll do is they'll have four or five, five, six guys mugged up in the line of scrimmage, and then at the snap of the ball, some will come, some will drop back in coverage. They'll let that and they try to bring it from different directions and hopefully that the offensive line when they go and do their count and the quarterback does their count, that they miscount, and so they want to they kind of want to surprise you in that area. The secondary. This was this was one of the teams where we're using it now, right. This is this team was the team that I think kind of birth died the whole Star or the Big Nickel or whatever it is. Baker, right, So now that he's hurt, they use number twenty two.
Speaker 4: I think it's number twenty two of Karon Wallace.
Speaker 6: He plays close to the line of scrimmage, I mean close to the line of scrimmage. And in three coverages they like to run a lot, and this is where they try to trick you at They'll try to run, they'll do they'll do some man, and they want to trade. They want to pass up. When I get to the office, I'm gonna tell you why this is not gonna work against us.
Speaker 4: They want to.
Speaker 6: Pass stuff off, right, So when you get into that running your different routes, they try to give you a late look where they're close to the line of scrimmage, and then they try to burst back into the coverage.
Speaker 4: But then they want to pass stuff off.
Speaker 6: The giants left so much meat on the bone offensively by not catching when they were passing stuff off and missing guys.
Speaker 4: They want to get to a cover two.
Speaker 6: They want to convert back to two D safeties playing right then they want to then they want to give you a similar look and then bouncing the cover six cover two on one side, cover four on the other side. It looks the same at the Smiths cover four. Cover four means we call it burn a wire. It just means everybody has a quarter of the field right cover four all the way back. So you got a fourth of the field all the way back.
Speaker 10: They've ever heard cover to one side, and that's Jesse.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's why, that's why, that's why your boy.
Speaker 9: Jesse and covering the other half.
Speaker 7: No no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 9: No no, no no no.
Speaker 6: That side of the field is in cover too, I meaning that safety has over the top while that cornerback plays the flat and the other side is playing cover four. When now they're just playing all the way back on their sides. Linebackers playing these two go back to a certain part and then.
Speaker 4: Infinity, infinite infinity.
Speaker 6: When you cover four, you got infinity, you got all the way back, you got infinity all the way back. So but it looks like cover too, And that's where that's where they want.
Speaker 4: To get you fooled at. They trying to bait you, and they try to.
Speaker 6: Bait you into a look so that you run something different, and then they at the last minute converted finished after you finished, and then they'll give you some man and man coverage every now and again.
Speaker 4: This is where I get excited.
Speaker 5: It's not gonna work.
Speaker 4: It's not work.
Speaker 6: They are starting and the Cardinals are mad at me. They're they're they're they're they're pissed. As I'm watching film last night, I post it and I go. They have a rookie cornerback.
Speaker 4: His name is Key Trail what's his key Trail.
Speaker 6: Clark, and they used him a lot in the cover four coverage, man and man coverage. They even swapped them, you know, every now and again on on sides. He was beat at least three or four times in this game where Daniel Jones did not didn't didn't complete the pass I mean smoked, I mean butterback toast.
Speaker 7: I don't get that.
Speaker 6: And if they think and maybe this could have been just the way they were gonna play it with the Giants and how they want to do it. They wanted more guys at the line of scrimmens because of the running game, the safety down.
Speaker 4: He was playing a lot over over Darren Waller.
Speaker 7: It didn't work.
Speaker 4: It didn't work at all.
Speaker 6: But if they think that this kid number thirteen is his number, Key Trail Clark can line up with the number eighty eight in man coverage and cover for coverage, it's going to be I called him lunch me.
Speaker 4: He's lunch me. Oh wow, he is lunch.
Speaker 3: Boar's head so the over under for CD catching two touchdowns would.
Speaker 6: Be Oh, I'm willing to bet. Barring any injury to CD, lamb he has another one hundred yard plus game.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 6: With this coverage, here's what you're getting ready to see when you watch this defense. The first thing that I thought about two quarters in, I said to myself, y'all been wanting these three hundred yard games, an these three touchdown games.
Speaker 5: Here it comes here.
Speaker 6: It comes all the speed when we used to run these things, the deep overs you saw a lot in training camp, the deep overs coming back out to.
Speaker 4: The sale routes Sunday. This is the game to run that.
Speaker 6: The way they want to pass stuff off, and the way they try to describe this coverage.
Speaker 4: And they're not again, they're not good enough.
Speaker 6: The way they try to keep that one guy down to the line of scrimmage and at the snap shoot him back to the middle of the field.
Speaker 4: They aren't good enough. They are not good enough to do this.
Speaker 6: And and their effort is great, their effort is great. They just don't have the dogs defensively. They just don't have the names and and and these are a lot of guys, like a lot of these guys on this football team would be better surrounded by more talented people, Like there's just some people who are better on you.
Speaker 3: Hey, we've had this team's been like that several years where you had a lot of really good players. You just had if an offensive lineman went down, Oh there that goes, I goes down.
Speaker 5: There we go again.
Speaker 4: If they don't, they don't, they don't have.
Speaker 5: My memory is my memory. I was here for nineteen years.
Speaker 6: They and the way I looked at this defense when I saw them, I equated to the New York Knicks when they had their good playoff run a couple years ago on the Tiboeau and everybody kept saying, more in the Knicks places regularly, they play so hard.
Speaker 4: Man Jus Randall in the company, but they just play so hard. And I think it was like.
Speaker 6: Charles Barkley said, yeah, but what's gonna happen with somebody else who's way more talent? You decide they want to play hard, and they got in the playoffs, and the Knicks was like, oh, this would it looks like when someone else plays really hard and they're more talented than that. Like That's what it came down to is they're the New York Knicks of playing really really, really hard.
Speaker 4: They just don't have the guys to match it.
Speaker 6: And so when you play really really hard, but you have talented dudes, like legit all stars, all pro type dudes that they have to defend, they can't and so defensively, it's gonna be one of those deals where if, if, if we do continue to do what we've been doing, just being efficient, just being taking the profit, and we'll talk offensively in the next segment. This is this is a team where Nak was going to have his first three hundred plus yard game, three touchdown type game at.
Speaker 4: The end of this game. Disappointed.
Speaker 3: If he doesn't, I will, I will, well, let's just let's just quit putting it off.
Speaker 5: Let's go to the second segment.
Speaker 3: Let's take our first break, because Kurt, tell me, if you got any more out of this, the two guys to watch on the Cardinals defense or forty five Dennis Gardeck because he has a lot of energy and he has.
Speaker 5: A great sack.
Speaker 4: Dan has good hair and.
Speaker 3: The other good hair, and the other guy is Trell Clark. Because that's it or basically what what.
Speaker 5: We got out of Man shout out to.
Speaker 6: Danny's shout to Danny sirek Yes it's that girl man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's his touchdown dance.
Speaker 6: She no, she did a special where she like interviewed him and they were doing the celebration day.
Speaker 7: So you said, Danny, you can counsel that.
Speaker 5: All right, that's like our first break when we come back.
Speaker 3: Let's get excited because the Cowboys are gonna pass fifty yards.
Speaker 4: I actually got ready.
Speaker 3: He's gonna have three touchdowns and one hundred and ninety eight.
Speaker 4: I didn't say that. I didn't say that.
Speaker 5: We'll send what else when we come back on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 2: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties, Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering, in versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or Deli section, Grab some today.
Speaker 12: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 4: You want to stay at a.
Speaker 12: Team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 13: See Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a dog worthy care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So, whether you're a here of your week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seet Geek has you covered. Download the Sea gig after the Sea get you're taking the great Dallas Cowboys seats?
Speaker 4: How's wingstop sound?
Speaker 14: Christy Juicy classic wings made to order cook to perfection and sauted, tossed, and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature wingstop branch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corns.
Speaker 4: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 14: Get your flavor delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 1: Back to Hanging with the bulls.
Speaker 11: Welcome back to hanging with the boys, presented each and every day by a wingstop where flavor gets it wings.
Speaker 8: Now, there's four quarterbacks in this league. With three quarterbacks in the league, I know that and read it every time.
Speaker 3: Right, And this second segment our drawing. This is art Art Wednesday, brought to each and every day by blockchain dot com.
Speaker 5: So Jesse is showing Kurt zero in on that.
Speaker 7: Chris that is so talking about me.
Speaker 3: I think you turned your mic off?
Speaker 7: Did he did? He turned his mic on?
Speaker 6: Okay, so it's gonna be hard to wash down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go, Okay, there we go there.
Speaker 6: All right, So this is what we call cover six. Okay, Cover six is me. We're gonna play cover two on one side, cover four on the other side. Simple map says two plus four is six on the on the fur side, the cornerback.
Speaker 4: Oh, we have a visitor. We got we got a visitor, we got smoke.
Speaker 5: Where's the extra mic? At hang on? We gotta stott science the mad science.
Speaker 3: No c Walker just showed up to the playground over here, man, And uh, if you listen to the show yesterday, if you didn't go back and listen, because hang on, Chris has got to re reset up everything in here because we need an extra mic. Because Nate Nate called out Patrick no cent. I know he doesn't listen to this show, so somebody must have told him, where got that business?
Speaker 7: Listen to each other show like that?
Speaker 5: Look, by the way, that's.
Speaker 4: A good business for the Eagles fans.
Speaker 7: That's a good.
Speaker 4: Chris. Don't put this dude on him.
Speaker 7: Don't you ever think the way Reggie Right used to toss me around? Don't you think I.
Speaker 4: Love that boy?
Speaker 5: So so Nate had some fan So Nate set it up a little bit, Nate to get set up.
Speaker 8: What your beef was my beef yesterday for the people that weren't the people that listen is And I said, I don't know if I got all the content I did, but he's a scientist.
Speaker 7: This guy here Patrick.
Speaker 8: With no seeing that Walker yep said what I thought he said, and what I'm gonna stick to.
Speaker 7: What he said is.
Speaker 8: That to the Eagles and the Jalen Hurts will not be very good this year, the two games that they've won don't really mean as much as the two games we'll won the way they have played those games, and that history shows that a running quarterback days are number and he thinks Jalen Hurts right now, days are number.
Speaker 7: I say that due to the fact that they had a.
Speaker 8: Longer playoff run, that they were in the Super Bowl, shorter time off, and they had to put up with the same thing every other team, changing players, losing coaches, They lost a defensive coordinator and an offensive coordinator. I said that, don't be shocked if these guys do what they have to do. Now tell me where I was, where I'm wrong, mister Patrick, and then when I'm not coming back, my rebuttal would be coming from my bike, bro Jess.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna do this in two quick parts.
Speaker 15: One quick correction, right, I didn't and you can beamer know you can run the film back. I didn't say that the Eagles would not be good this year. I said that there was nothing they've done over the first two weeks that has impressed me.
Speaker 4: I said.
Speaker 15: I also said, don't ever apologize for a win. But it's also true that the Vikings gave that game away, for example. So that's what I said. And I said, Jalen Hurts has struggled over the first two games. I wonder if the film is out, which it typically can be on a run first quarterback. I mentioned RG three as an example, but I said that's often the case, not always, because you could talk about cunning Ham, you could talk about Vic and you could talk about McNabb and and that.
Speaker 4: Was more pass but he could run. So correction there.
Speaker 15: So you kind of reacted to what you thought I said, and not with a said So here's you want to chime in before I do this? No, okay, because more to coomb at one, I said what I said that tweet ninety seconds? Could you time hold up to the camera, you know, because talking take a breath. Yeah, he brought his down seconds. Science here's where Jalen Hurts is through the first two weeks. Yards per pass completion is down by two yards per attempt from twelve point one to nine point one despite having the same wide receiver and tight end trio he had last season. It took him seven games last season to commit two turnovers. He's now committed two in his first five quarters. If you go back to the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl, that's three in his first six quarters a football play. His number of first downs are down by two first downs per game. His rushing success rate is down seven percentage points, from fifty nine point four percent to fifty two point four percent over last season. His rushing attempts per game are almost exactly the same eleven per game last season versus through these first games, but he's averaging only thirty six rushing yards per game right now. He was at fifty one rushing yards per game at this point during the season and continue that trend throughout the season. He's currently on pace to throw for six hundred fewer yards, five fewer touchdowns, but with the same receivers and tight end trio, and all with his drop rate from those receivers in those tight ends being lower than they have been over the past two seasons.
Speaker 4: So time one fourteen.
Speaker 8: Insummation, it's more time it's been burnt insummation, more time has been burned, and still because I still have time.
Speaker 4: Okay, I said ninety seconds, that was one fourteen?
Speaker 7: Okay, how many we got more?
Speaker 4: Clock starting?
Speaker 14: Love?
Speaker 15: I love my Big I love Big Nate, I love Jesse. This is family, Kurt, family, Shannon, you already know. But you can't knock on the devil's door and not get an answer. Science doesn't care about the feelings.
Speaker 4: He just cares about the facts. I love it.
Speaker 6: I love science, I love life. Because on the door of the devil is not welcome.
Speaker 7: Is not welcome. Now.
Speaker 4: My rebuttal to that would be this.
Speaker 6: When you start talking about how a team or player begins to look at a certain point in time of the season, have to add to the facts who they were playing, where they were playing, when they were All those things are added.
Speaker 15: Into Lions vikings last year Patriots vikings this year to answer the opponent question, so the opponents are not entirely dissimilar. I would argue that the Lions week one last year better than the Patriots Week one this year.
Speaker 6: But we also know that the Patriots have something that most teams in this whole National Football League don't have they have a dude on their sideline that is notoriously known to take away or at least disrupt what.
Speaker 4: You love to do offensively.
Speaker 6: That has been his calling card since Cleveland, since yesteryear, right right, So I think those two things have to be put into play out. I don't want to sit here because I am not, by any means, by any means, a Philly fan.
Speaker 4: I'm even very clearly saying this.
Speaker 6: I can't stand Philly, don't like Philly, don't want to live in Philly, don't want to go to Philly.
Speaker 4: Cheese makes my stomach hurt. I don't want a Philly cheese steak.
Speaker 6: Give you the force, boy. I'm I'm a grow yeah, tolerant dude. I don't want no parts of it. But those things cannot be not counted into one.
Speaker 15: So I'll say this and I'll let you guys get back to it, because I do have to hit locker room when you're talking about the science of it, the football science of it, and y'all better start playing that.
Speaker 4: He didn't play card on.
Speaker 5: Me, that I did not say that.
Speaker 15: Put the ring you can do that you want wanted.
Speaker 4: Me to come somebody, somebody got it. You can put your rings in. I got.
Speaker 3: With it.
Speaker 4: Bring Jalen's rings and say, oh that's right.
Speaker 15: One. My point being take number one. You did misinterpret?
Speaker 7: Yes I did. I said, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So, ladies and gentlemen, this has been fun.
Speaker 15: The biggest thing is to take away from what I said yesterday and what we've talked about here today. When it comes to the Eagles. I had the Eagles and the Cowboys neck and neck coming into the season. Why the forty nine ers asked the number one team in the NFC. Through the first two weeks, I have the Cowboys edging out the Eagles, and the forty nine Ers are still the team to beat. Cowboys gotta face them, and Santa Clair beat them, and then we'll see where things go.
Speaker 4: I never said the Eagles would be good.
Speaker 15: I said through two weeks, I'm not impressed, but there know, so let's see where things go.
Speaker 4: And fans sake understand this this is all funny.
Speaker 15: Oh absolutely, this is this is these are these are my brothers.
Speaker 4: I don't understand my brother My brothers got to catch smoke too.
Speaker 6: And if you have brothers, you know that brother sometimes lock hoom and it's perfectly okay for brothers the lockhorns on any particular matter at hand. This one has happened to be I'm mad that you make me sound like I gotta defend.
Speaker 7: I gotta I'll say, this is not really gotta go. The reason I did that is because I knew he was going to say.
Speaker 15: When I stepped in, he took the bait, so I'm going to take the bait when I come in.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, this is not an Eagle fan, but them two defensive attackers of Georgia Bulldogs, and he do love them.
Speaker 6: That's Patrick no See Walker. Find him on Twitter at Patrick no See Walker.
Speaker 4: You can.
Speaker 6: I would say it is imperative that to read his stuff is good.
Speaker 4: It's good.
Speaker 7: He is just to go take it a little further.
Speaker 8: The first week's stats, all my stats came from him the first you know what I'm saying, and then so I'm listening, and so whenever I get a chance, well, I just ain't gonna keep praising you, don't.
Speaker 7: I gotta take a shot.
Speaker 3: Don't think that's the last time that you ain't gonna make something up and get it back down.
Speaker 8: I can't bring some of the shows because they'd all get along with you.
Speaker 7: So some guys wanting to say, but I'm not.
Speaker 4: I got you. I told you I had your back.
Speaker 7: Baby.
Speaker 4: We got good stuff.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm always gonna represent for the whole.
Speaker 7: Tail now, and we both hate Philly, be very clear with that.
Speaker 5: Now. Few talking about New England. Jesse couldn't make that statement.
Speaker 7: But Philly.
Speaker 5: Yes, Yeah, what teams do y'all dislike the most in the NFL?
Speaker 7: Philly?
Speaker 5: I'll wash it, really and you played for them.
Speaker 7: They cut me.
Speaker 5: Fair enough. We're gonna take our next break. We will be back all.
Speaker 3: Cowboys offense in the third segment, I got more to say for that.
Speaker 5: He with the boys be right back.
Speaker 16: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: He snapper, the fresh guy who looks white. It's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll work for a first down. Just like football.
Speaker 16: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 5: Prus Scott's gonna run this himself.
Speaker 4: Run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 16: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 16: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: How's wing Stop sound?
Speaker 14: Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sausted tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop branch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corns. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 13: See if geek has your back, no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a don't really care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, Sea Geek has you covered. Download the seat Geek after the seat Geek, you're a ticket They're great Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 17: Seats James right here. You're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys? And I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 1: Enter today, back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 11: Welcome back to the most debatable show with the Boys.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's up for debate as well, however you feel about the show.
Speaker 5: The last segment each and every.
Speaker 3: Show is brought to you by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: That was fun. That was fun. That was Thank you.
Speaker 5: Glad y'all squashed that beef, Glad, you know what.
Speaker 7: I wish it was a real, real beef, but it just can't. We can't.
Speaker 8: We can't get this here but I do have something to say about our offense.
Speaker 5: So oh you go, you ready, Kurt? You haven't said much today. I have a feeling you might not get to say much this segment.
Speaker 3: Everything you sent this great rundown today and had about fifteen points, Let's get it was beautiful.
Speaker 5: We haven't gotten to any of it. Let's at least ask a couple of questions.
Speaker 9: Well, the one thing I really wanted to ask you all about is the receivers. And I've got a couple of questions on there about them. About right now, Lamb has more receiving yards than everybody else combined. We're not real sure yet. You know, do we have a number two? It's going to stand up?
Speaker 7: Yes, we do?
Speaker 9: Do we have? You know his gallop is missing an action right now?
Speaker 5: An they don't cook.
Speaker 6: He's practice on the day he and Tyler Smith supposed to practice today.
Speaker 9: We do we need to worry any about what's behind Lamb and what's going to happen there.
Speaker 6: I mean, no, Kurt, to answer your question. One, CD is doing what he's supposed to do. He's being the outright apex predator, the alpha male of this group. Right, And I've told you all this way back in training camp. This is what I saw on the horizon for CD LAMB Week one. A lot of that I got to scratch week one on just productivity from the receivers because of the weather. It just wasn't when you look at if you go back and you look at all the teams that played in kind of that Northeast weather either that southeast weather that was raining real bad Week one, a lot of them have passing, good passing games. Then he then cooks missed last week. I think once he gets back into the fold and you see him being able to do what he does, particularly when he played a team like the Arizona Cardinals. If he's playing this game healthy.
Speaker 8: Quickly, quickly, I'm bragging on this guy, and I'm still believing on this guy.
Speaker 7: But Toberd is pushing gallop.
Speaker 4: That's coming science.
Speaker 6: No, I'm just playing.
Speaker 4: I'm just playing. But ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 6: Like I said, it's being the alpha male of this group. And there was some like Michael Gallup, Wow by scheme and what's asked for in this scheme is being pushed out.
Speaker 4: Not a good fit for him.
Speaker 6: Not a good fit for him, because this is a particular scheme that require more of the precision of the route runners. When you have to be on time, you have to be in a place you have to be. There was a play and I sent it to one of my friends. It was it was a three by one set. They motioned Tony Poward out of the backfield to the right, which left Michael Gallup on the back side. One on one safety is on the far hash. The near side safety comes down and declares hisself that I am coming Pauls And Michael Gallup is one on one with Dj Reed and he comes off the ball and I'm like, you supposed to whoop this dude so bad that he should have hit his head on the goal post on this slant route. But yet it was that difficult low catch that he made. And it's those type of things where when Shotty was drawing this up and he's said, listen, fellas, if we get this, look the Babel dance, the Babel dance, because you will score a touchdown.
Speaker 4: And Michael Gallup.
Speaker 7: Could not get that route on TV.
Speaker 6: Could not get up, could not get a good release off the line of scrimmage, so it made a contested catch which should have wait for a twenty five yard touchdown, which was a nine to ten yard complete man, and so he's he's kind of worked this like this.
Speaker 4: This offense in general just kind.
Speaker 7: Of passing by.
Speaker 4: It's passing them by, man, Yes, it is, it is.
Speaker 7: Come on, man, I won't talk to have I want all.
Speaker 10: Our especially Gallup, take your time, take you time, know how to say this, Just do this. We got nine minutes, right, We're gonna get into some more detail. I have a feeling we're gonna talk about some more offense tomorrow because why yet?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 3: Right, I'm gonna go down this list because you were talking and I was like Gallops getting pushed out?
Speaker 5: How crazy he does that sound based off of where.
Speaker 4: He was the league. The league doesn't wait for you.
Speaker 5: It doesn't but think all right, so tell me.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna name these guys, and you tell me if this is a quick, quick quick.
Speaker 5: Good good player or good player or better or not so good or worse. We don't want to tell anybody, say anybody's bad.
Speaker 7: But great player soon to be great.
Speaker 3: Tyron Smith, good player, Tyler Smith, yet think he's good?
Speaker 9: Good practice?
Speaker 7: Thank you practice?
Speaker 4: I guess good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tyler beish good Zach Martin.
Speaker 7: Great, Terrence Steele great, I'm sorry great for great, Zach Martina.
Speaker 3: Martin, Terrence Steele good, Jake Ferguson good, Brandon Cooks good good, Michael Gallup good.
Speaker 5: So we're good, Dak Prescott.
Speaker 7: Michael Gallup good for his team. No good. As a player, okay, good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as a player, you would say he's a good player. A good player's a good player.
Speaker 18: Dak Prescott good, good, Pollard good, good backups, Jalen Brooks good for what we know about.
Speaker 4: Him, right, good. Well, I don't know much about him, but I'm not putting a good on the.
Speaker 7: Guy on all.
Speaker 5: But we don't think he's bad yet.
Speaker 6: He ain't good either, okay' He's neutral, non applical, not like that in a in a Okaya.
Speaker 5: Good good, Richard's good, potential.
Speaker 7: Yes, I like bass.
Speaker 18: Good dog On the other side, hindershot good, Turping good, Cooper Rush good, Doubtle good, Schoonmaker one one one one one good.
Speaker 3: And then you go into Trey Lance, duce Von and Hunter Lipkey. You realize the whole offensive side of the ball. We didn't say there's one. How long has it been since you've been able to say not one. We didn't even say, eh.
Speaker 4: That is I did on Jaalen Brooks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we don't know about you twenty something guys.
Speaker 5: Jalen Tober.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I got Jalen Brooks and Jalen Tobert okay, I was thinking, so Jalen Brooks, I agree so.
Speaker 7: Quickly, Jesse. So can you see can you see Tobert moving ahead.
Speaker 4: Of getting He's getting more targets and if we're looking.
Speaker 6: At it, either they did a lot of eleven personnel in this in this past game against the Jets, but you can you can start seeing that Tobert is finding his rhythm in this offense, that he's being looked at more in this offense. And and honestly, it's it happens. It happens like there are times where a coach will come in and a scheme will come in and the prior coaches that were well Michael, because you remember when Michael Gallup was drafted here, he fit a certain mold in Jason Garrett's offense slash Kellen Moore's offense. It might not be the same mold that they're looking for in the Brian Schottenheimer slash freaking mic offense. And he's a good enough player where you want him around, plus his contract, but you can tell that the opportunities for him are coming few and far between. And then when you put on tape that when I give you a route, when I give you a route, when I.
Speaker 4: Set you up a scoring round, when I set you up for pay dirt right, and you can't get off the.
Speaker 6: Jam, jam jab and you can't get off the jam. And what should have been a twenty five yard hit your head on the gold post touchdown, a walk in. Branshamp should have been saying five ten and he walks the dog. He should have been saying that, And yet it went from it went from that to a difficult eight yard ten yard reception.
Speaker 9: So still not just getting enough separation. No, I think in that last game he had under one yard separation. The average is three or four yards.
Speaker 4: He's not getting it.
Speaker 7: So you go, you're in the criticized mode like you was doing Zeke. What, Yeah, he ran Zeke out of town, He ran Zke out of time, ran on tight ends out of time back in the day.
Speaker 8: You throw names again, she got hurt and now he's trying to show him with oh my god.
Speaker 5: This is class.
Speaker 3: Here's here's a quick stat I know we're talking about Cowboys offense, but Bobby belt On X tweeted out the Cowboys haven't allowed their opponents to take a second half snap inside the team's forty yard line. Using available data from Statthead dating back to nineteen ninety four, the Cowboys are the only team to ever.
Speaker 5: Do that through the first two weeks of the season.
Speaker 6: And guess what, guys, be excited about it. But it's two weeks, right right, be excited, be excited, have fun.
Speaker 4: It's early. It's two weeks.
Speaker 5: He's healthy.
Speaker 4: It's two weeks. There's a long season.
Speaker 6: This season isn't one in two weeks, and it ain't lost in two weeks. So even the teams that are owing two because I believe that there were times before that Bengal started the season out and ended up in the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask y'all, because there's ebbs and flows to the season. There's very rarely, if ever, a team starts off the best and finishes the best. Right, there's dips, valleys. Sometimes you bounce back, sometimes you don't. Is it good to start the season this good? Or do you want to kind of ramp up because playing about as good as.
Speaker 8: You, they gonna hit a dance spot. The Cowboy's gonna hit a dance spot.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'll say this. I'm much rather, okay, I much rather begin my trajectory so that when I do hit that wall, I'm closer to being average than I am below average, because if I start out here and I'm like trying.
Speaker 4: To get there, when I hit that, I hit that wall and it's deep.
Speaker 6: If I can if I can get some cushion, if I can get shoot, I can start six, seven, eight, eight, nine, and oh and then when I kind of come to earth a little bit, I got a little cushion down to play with.
Speaker 5: All your bounce back right right, right right.
Speaker 6: Because you're gonna hit it. You're gonna hit a point in time of the season. And the Cowboys have a four game stretch. I think it's like in November. That's like, yeah, they've got a playoff teams around.
Speaker 9: Yeah, banking some wins these first four games because your next four are not going to be as the I mean, you're at the forty nine ers, at the Chargers, then you got the Rams, and then you're at the Eagles. They need to bank some you know mix Hey now and then like you said, in December.
Speaker 5: What is it after forty nine ers at the Chargers.
Speaker 9: And the Chargers bye week, then you're home up the Rams and then.
Speaker 8: That you charge non pick a big game. They're gonna be missing the coach, so they'll be in turn.
Speaker 9: And then then once you get down there in December, December is gonna be so you have that week in December.
Speaker 4: We are you talking about interim head commander Eagles, Buffalo.
Speaker 6: Or you can even say Dolphins, you can say you can say Seattle, Philly, Buffalo, Miami like that's a that's a tough stretch. Yeah, you know, so I would say, go ahead, let me go ahead and start go ahead.
Speaker 8: Let me bro I've been on both ends of that. You want to start rolling, you, yes, they're always you want to start rolling. Like Coach Madden say, you know what, I take an ugly, ugly win, a beautiful loss.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, man, we could have won that game. You lost.
Speaker 3: We are out of time. It went by so fast. Thanks for the special appearance by Patrick No Si. Tomorrow, Cowboys Defense. We'll see how short the We'll see how short the first segment is talking.
Speaker 8: About I never get there.
Speaker 7: He's class there, never coming.
Speaker 4: Is talking about the school.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Texas fake.
Speaker 3: One o'clock every day.
Speaker 4: I got your back. Yeah you mess with my money?
Speaker 6: Yeah, therek start cutting out days, man, all of a sudden.
Speaker 4: But you know what hanging with the boys. You guys aren't knowing this week.
Speaker 8: Man, we checked the numbers. Y'all better on Mondays Wednesdays.
Speaker 3: Will will tomorrow segment on the Cardinals offense be longer than it was on their defense.
Speaker 6: Yes it will, yes, Okay, as I sneakily watched a little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, more to look at them that okay, all right, we'll tune into making much longer.
Speaker 5: We'll talk more Cowboys out we'll do. We'll just throw it all.
Speaker 7: Together and four makes joining in at six.
Speaker 11: We will be back tomorrow the people show Hanging with the boy.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club
Speaker 7: Minute