Speaker 1: Stay tuned, we'll be right back after these quick ads. Hey rain drops. So today's podcast episode, we're going to do a retrospective of the Real Housewives of New Jersey season two, the epic country Club Showdown. Because you guys loved the episode in which I gave my retrospective of the Real Housewives of Atlanta season six, the epic Pillo talk Melee, we should call it that, I felt the need to do another one for you guys because y'all love that one. I mean, y'all tweeted about it, y'all made funny comments about it. So it's nice to be able to go back down memory lane and talk about some of the epic moments in reality television that I have been a part of. So on today's episode, we're going to talk about Yes, country Club Melee, Teresa, Jacqueline, Danielle.
Speaker 2: Kim G and of course Kim D.
Speaker 1: Let's go back into what happened season two. Okay, so you guys have heart and nauseam me talk about season one of the Real housewats on New Jersey about you know, the table flip. I talked about that with Danielle Stobb, who was a very special guest on the podcast, so we went down that memory lane. So picking up where we left off, let's talk about the start of season two. Season one was a huge hit. I mean, Teresa flipped the table. It was the talk of the town. It was a pop culture phenomenon. It became like this big mainstream press opportunity and The Real Housewives of New Jersey was the one to watch. So we knew that season two had to be better because my thing is this, every season you should try to top the other And when I say you, I mean yes, the stars, but also the producing team in terms of following the reality of what's really happening on the show.
Speaker 2: So one of the things we knew going into season.
Speaker 1: Two was the fact that Danielle was on an island.
Speaker 2: None of the other women were fucking with.
Speaker 1: Danielle, and that was obvious, okay, And we've never seen that before in reality television, where you had an ensemble cast but one person was the out cast.
Speaker 2: You've never seen that.
Speaker 1: It usually is a situation to where they at least are into great with one person. Like even when Kenya was on an island a little bit at least she had, like you know, Candy or Cynthia, or Nini, even Danielle was on her own, and we knew that that was going to be very challenging and telling a story about a group of friends, your girl friends in Air quotes a group of friends who were behind the gates in New Jersey. But we had to work with what we had right. So with that being said, we knew that Dina Manzo was not going to be a full time housewife and on a personal note, that devastated me. I love Dina. I still love Dina. Dina is a beautiful person inside and out. She's super spiritual. She taught me about meditation. Like I'm not being silly about this, Like Dina taught me meditation. She and I both have this affection for Oprah when free, like me and Dina have very deep, deep, deep conversations. So after season one, Dina was like, you know what, I just I can't see myself doing another season like this.
Speaker 2: I just can't.
Speaker 1: But Dina also understood, Look, I know that I have to take the audience on this journey of why I'm leaving, So I'm open to doing that. So long story short, Dina gave us a commitment of a certain amount of episodes, right, and in terms of production, we have maybe two weeks with Dina before she sort of like rolled off in the sunset, right. So with that being said, we knew that if Dina's leaving the show, that leaves us with four housewives, and there's never been just four housewives.
Speaker 2: You need more than that to make a good show.
Speaker 1: And that's where Danie I'll say team and air quotes came in. So that's how we were introduced to Kim G and Kim D because yes, we were looking to see who could replace Dina, and quite naturally, since we knew that Caroline, Jacqueline Teresa were friends, we knew that Danielle needed a friend, and Danielle introduced us to Kim.
Speaker 2: DE and Kim G.
Speaker 1: Well, Danielle didn't introduce me to them because, as you guys heard on my interview with Danielle, I was banned from Danielle's house.
Speaker 2: Danielle was not fucking with your boy.
Speaker 1: Danielle felt that I did not have her back during season one and when I say have her back, and she said this on the podcast, So this isn't like any specialty, but Danielle said.
Speaker 2: That while the episodes were airing.
Speaker 1: She obviously was watching these women talk of her and the way she didn't know, and she felt that I should have checked in on her. And she was mad at me, And what that means is she just wasn't fuck it with me. She did not want me to be around her. She did not want to see me. And I felt bad because I was like, had I known you wanted me to check in, I of course would have done it. But at the time I was working on season two of The Royal House Wilds of Atlanta, so I was too busy working that I didn't know I had to reach out to Danielle to check in on her.
Speaker 2: And I'm not blaming her for that.
Speaker 1: One thing I always tell you guys about reality stars is they're very sensitive. And I don't know what it's like to give my life in front of the camera. You know, I have no idea what that feels like. And that's why I never take for granted when one of my stars say to me like I need you or can you talk to me? I would drop what I'm doing for my reality star if I feel like they're in need. Okay, So I felt bad, But as you guys heard on the episode, Danielle said, look, I'll over exaggerated. I should have never done that, and she regretted it, and me and Danielle are good, so I want to make that very clear. So Danielle introduced to her producers Kim D and Kim G, and we were so enamored with their personality. I mean, Kim G had a connection with Caroline because Kim G's son was best friends with Chris Manzo, like best friends, so Caroline and Kim G knew each other. But as you saw in the episodes of season two, Caroline also just wasn't feeling Kim G because if you know Caroline, Caroline is a straight shooter and Kim G, who I love, you know, kim a little whacky in a good way, So that's not Caroline's cup of tea. So the idea of bringing in somebody who had that connection was interesting to.
Speaker 2: All the producers. So we love Kim G.
Speaker 1: Kim D, who hosts the Posh Fashion Show, is a joy to work with. She's super fun and we were like, you know what, this may be two good additions to this season and possibly maybe one could be a housewife. So when Dina left the show, after she and Danielle had that epics show down, that's when we realize, okay, we have to really not audition, but really show more of the two Kims to really see how much they can be integrated into the season. Long story short, when Kim Dee had the posh fashion show, we all were like, you know what, this would be the perfect backdrop to where all the girls, all the housewives can be in the same room, because up until that point, it did not make sense for them to be together because none of them wanted to film with each other, and that's not gonna make great television. You can't do a show about these women if they're not interacting with each other. And that was very difficult, and I need for you guys to understand how difficult it is to shoot an ensemble show where one person is literally on an island by themselves.
Speaker 2: Is the impossible thing to do.
Speaker 1: And mind you, this was my second year in producing reality television, after doing season one of Atlanta and season one of New Jersey, and at that time, I completed season two of Atlanta, so even I was like, shit, how are we able to do this? This is going to be very challenging, But y'all know me. I'm up for a challenge. I hate to interrupt me, but stay tuned for more. We'll be right back after these quick asss. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. The Posh Fashion Show was the talk of New Jersey. Okay, no, it's not like New York fashion and a win tour did not show up, guys, But in New Jersey at that time, in Franklin Lakes, the Posh Fashion Show was the event of New Jersey. So we wanted Caroline to attend. Caroline was like, I would never attend Kim D's fashion show. It doesn't make sense. And the one rule that I have is follow the reality. Don't make shit up, don't fake shit, follow the reality. And then Karen Manso's reality. She was like, I just would never attend Kim De's fashion show. That's Teresa and Jaquale's friend and it makes sense for them to go.
Speaker 2: So Caroline was like, I'm not coming. And one thing that I don't do.
Speaker 1: If that's your reality, I'm not going to force anything upon you because that's real and you will always get the best compelling television when you follow the reality, so that's why Caroline did not go. So here we are the night of the POJ fashion show. We were all nervous because it was a huge deal to know that Danielle, Jacqueline, and Teresa were going to see each other for the first time this season. So after the fashion show and all the brew haha, all the looks and stairs of these women being in the same room together, we knew that look, at the end of the day, y'all gonna have to speak to each other. But we didn't know how that would happen. And this is when we realized Teresa Judais is the force multiplier of this franchise. One thing about Teresa, She's going to give you good TV because she understands television and she understands real life.
Speaker 2: So she also knew.
Speaker 1: How huge of a deal it was to have her, Jacqueline, and Danielle.
Speaker 2: In the same room.
Speaker 1: So Teresa walks up to me, because again I was Teresa's producer. Danielle kicked me to the curb, so I belonged to Teresa, Jacqueline, and Caroline. So Teresa comes up to me and she's like, I want to talk to Danielle.
Speaker 2: And I said, baby, this is why I love you. This is why I stand this. I mean, I I just I just love you.
Speaker 1: And she was like, but I don't know what to say to her, because she was like, look, I'm not stupid.
Speaker 2: It's a big deal. Danielle's here.
Speaker 1: This moment of us being together may not happen ever again. So I know, I got to talk to her. And she said, but I don't know what to say to her. And I said to Teresa Judies, just say hello, just say hello, and she said that's it. I said, baby, that's all you need. Just say hello. And she said I can do that. Where is the bitch, I said, but Danielle's actually in the bathroom. She goes, enough said, so there, she goes gets Jack.
Speaker 2: You gotta love Teresa. She goes and get Jacqueline.
Speaker 1: And there's a like a coffee table and two chairs side by side. This coffee table near the bathroom. So Teresa and Jacqueline sit in the chairs near the women's bathroom and Danielle is in the bathroom with Kim g Okay. So when Danielle walks out, that's why Teresa goes hello.
Speaker 2: And I want to paint the picture for you guys.
Speaker 1: So, knowing that this was going to be the first time these women saw each other this season, I was like, I don't know how this is going to go, like because at the end of the day, you want them to talk and you want to see what they're going to say to each other because they haven't seen each other since season one reunion a lot of months when and it was just all this like anxiety going into this conversation. So I'm sweating bullets, like, oh my gosh, how is this conversation going to go?
Speaker 2: Like what's about to happen?
Speaker 1: So Teresa's like hi, and Danielle gagged because she's like Teresa, the woman who flipped the table is speaking to me, okay girl, So you know Teresa's being pleasant, right, like Hi, you know, I just want to say hello to you. We're here at this posh passion show. I just want to say hi. And then it just went left after that in terms of you know, Danielle bringing up like, well, you know you did this to me, did that to me? And Teresa said, you know, sweetie, and Danielle's like, gonna call me sweetie, and then Teresa says the infamous I didn't want to call you sweety o' hag you. Oh bitch is bitch better? It's bitch better.
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, well this ain't going.
Speaker 1: How I thought it was, but okay, we're going to do what guys follow the reality.
Speaker 2: So Danielle goes, that's a fuck enough. Oh Lord Jesus.
Speaker 1: And one thing you don't do to Teresa Judais is cuss at her. So Teresa is wearing her chinchilla that she got from Barbie's Dream House or should I say Jia's House child. It was this beautiful girl, black and silver chinchilla. She got up on her seat and she started rolling her neck. Now, look, if you are a black girl, you know when you roll your neck, always about to go down basement, right.
Speaker 2: So then dan Yelle made a comment that I was like, yikes on the bikes.
Speaker 1: So Danielle goes, what's that ghetto shit you're doing?
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, Danielle, that's not cute.
Speaker 1: So then Teresa response was, I'm from Patterson.
Speaker 2: Did you forget it? Did you forget it?
Speaker 1: I'm from Patterson, so I'm from Detroit. I never heard of Patterson, New Jersey. But apparently Patterson, New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Allegedly is the hood.
Speaker 1: That's what I was told child Patterson allegedly, and god, if you're from Patterson, I'm only tell you what I was told. And if it's not the hood, hashtag reality with the.
Speaker 2: King and let me know.
Speaker 1: But at the time I was told Patterson was the Hood, which is why Danyelle made that comment, and why Teresa goes, yes, I'm from Patterson.
Speaker 2: Did you forget?
Speaker 1: And that's when Danielle was like, no, I did not forget, Teresa. You know, we know where you used to live whatever before the mansion. And Teresa was like, I live in a mansion now, and she goes, yeah, but it's in foreclosure. And Teresa was like, my house isign in foreclosure, bitch and baby.
Speaker 2: That's when all hell broke lose.
Speaker 1: So Danielle said, you yelled at me once, you're not going to do it again. And that's when she was surrounded by this bodyguard. Not Kevin Costner, he gave more Seawn Spicer tease, Yes, the former Press secretary to the forty fourth President of the United States. So this bodyguard who resemble a young Shawn Spicer was holding Danielle. So Danielle was walking away and Kim G tried to diffuse the situation by holding on to Teresa, and that's when Teresa showed you who Patterson really was and literally pushed kim G. And the next thing we know, these rich white women in New Jersey at a country club. No less was running down the hall in their lubatons and I never saw anything like this. It was like the grown up back Girls Club or the grown up version of the Jersey Shore. And Teresa was giving snooky teas throughout the night. So she's chasing literally like running down the hall in her rid bottoms, and Danielle is running like she is Whitney Houston from the bodyguard, trying to find her Kevin Costner like it was a track meet. It gave very Sonya Richard's Ross from Atlanta Housewives tease. It gave very track star like it was and I was trying to catch up. So if you look at the episode, I'm wearing a Mickey Mouse T shirt, which is so ironic because there was nothing Disneyland about this melee. It did not give Disney. It gave very much wwe like it. It was nothing Disney about what was happening. So I'm trying to, of course, yes, follow the reality, but also making sure that people are safe. So a lot of people are holding Teresa back because again they saw.
Speaker 2: What she did a few months ago by flipping.
Speaker 1: A table, and they knew that Teresa would flip Danielle, and nobody wanted that to happen, and Jacqueline was too busy running down Danielle's court documents. So the way Jacqueline operates is Jacqueline is a student.
Speaker 2: She is a grade A student. She studies, right.
Speaker 1: So Jacqueline literally you suspend night and day reading upon the court documents about Danielle. So she had that in her brain, so as is Melee was happening, Jacqueline was acting like a court reporter, really telling everybody in the hallway what was allegedly.
Speaker 2: In those court documents.
Speaker 1: Little did she know her daughter Athlete was on the prowl and when she pulled Danielle's hair, I was like, okay, okay. So after Ashley pulled Danielle's hair, it was like, what the fuck is happening right now? Like all of this is happening only because Teresa said hello, like it was crazy to me. But it also goes to show you a thing that I always talk about on this podcast and when I do press or when I do speaking engagements. The reason why we love reality TV so much is because it's a lesson in human behavior. And when you bottle so much inkst inside, it doesn't do you any good because when you see the person you're mad at, it regurgitates every single thing you're feeling on the inside and it just becomes a bigger ordeal. And that is what was happening right before my eyes. That whole scene gave me very much The Godfather Part two, three, four, five insects.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was I wish I could explain to you guys what I was going through.
Speaker 2: Now. Look as a producer, of course, you're like.
Speaker 1: Okay, follow the story, But as a human being, you're like, how did all of this shit happen?
Speaker 2: Like? What the fuck is going on here? The chaos was crazy.
Speaker 1: Those women in Jersey, you think they would have left, honey, They were too busy eating.
Speaker 2: Popcorn, watching television.
Speaker 1: And I love my Jersey women, the Jersey women, baby, they love some drama. They all stood there except as one woman. If you go back and watch the moment all the ladies were running down the country club. You would see this blond woman who was so disturbed. She's not a Karen, She's a Catherine. Remember that's a difference between a Karen and a Catherine. She was a Catherine, honey. And that's when she said, this is fucking bullshit, like that's a Catherine. So she was the only one who was like, what in the ghetto gala is going on here?
Speaker 2: In my Winter Voice from Love and Marriage DC, Yes, okay. So Danielle goes in the car.
Speaker 1: She's being held by Sean Spicer, the bodyguard, and Teresa like the terminator, is walking towards the Bentley in her Chinchilla, her heels still intact, and the driver, Kim G's driver, is telling Teresa like, come on, baby, you gots like like, girl, you don't think you've done enough, like chill out, and Teresa was like, I'm over it.
Speaker 2: I'm over the bitch.
Speaker 1: And he's like okay, but you're about to approach a Bentley and I can't have you do that.
Speaker 2: And she was like, I'm good, I'm cool. I saw on my kids. I'm cool. But that's Teresa. I think Teresa just had to blow out.
Speaker 1: The steam and once she did it, she was fine. And that's when Jacqueline was trying to get Teresa to not walk up to the car, and Jacqueline even stands in front of the car, which I'm like, is this an intimidating tactic?
Speaker 2: It was? It was.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was just so interesting to watch all of this unfold because again, guys, we had no idea that all of this was going to happen.
Speaker 2: And that night, truly, truly is when we all.
Speaker 1: Realize this show has a life on its own. And the fact that at this time you only had three housewives present Danielle, Jacqueline, and Teresa, and the fact that you only had three housewives present and this should happen ghost to show you is not about quantity, it's about quality. And those three women truly truly are stars in their own right because they have this ability to forget the cameras are there.
Speaker 2: And one thing that I will say, you know.
Speaker 1: There's a reason why Danielle and Teresa were a part of my top ten Greatest Housewives of all time because to me, they're just they're dynamic to watch and they truly give their all to the show. But I want to take a time out to give Jacqueline LaRita an honorable mention. I feel like Jacqueline is super underrated.
Speaker 2: Jacqueline is.
Speaker 1: A sweetheart, but Jacqueline knows how to make great television two and I think a lot of people sleep on her. I am a huge fan of Jacqueline, and so is Teresa, which is why Teresa said, please bring Jacqueline back on the show. Because one thing about to Esa who yes is the force multiplier. Teresa likes to work with people who makes great television, and without a doubt, Jacqueline makes great TV because Jacqueline is so rooted in her reality that she doesn't know how to be anybody but herself, and that, to me is the beauty of her. And to know that a woman can stand up against her family and in some cases people will say go against her family. Jacqueline does that and she does it with such humanity in the sense of in Jacqueline's.
Speaker 2: World, she believes right is right and wrong is wrong.
Speaker 1: And I'm not the judge or the jury, but as a producer, you can appreciate a woman who stands alone and can say like this is how I feel. And throughout this whole Melee at the country Club. What was so interesting about it is the fact that Jacqueline was laser focused on repeating what she read in these core documents, but also chastising her daughter Ashley so much so Ashley said, great, mom, you're picking Danielle's side like Jacqueline can identify right from wrong. And even throughout season two, Jacqueline, Teresa, who we used to call Thelma Luise, they all knew that at the end of the day, Danielle was great television. And as we were trying to figure out what Season two could become, at the end of the day, Caroline, Teresa, and Jacqueline all understood the assignment.
Speaker 2: They really did.
Speaker 1: And that's why when Caroline was face to face with Danielle at the season finale, Caroline knew how big of a deal that was going to be. And Caroline also is somebody who is super dynamic, super great because she also knows what makes great television. As long as is rooted in Caroline's reality, she will give you great television. And I think Season two of the Real Housewives in New Jersey and yes, I'm about to say it is probably number two of the greatest seasons of Housewives history. Number one will always be The Real Housewives of Atlanta Season six.
Speaker 2: You can't top that.
Speaker 1: The reason why I would give The Real Housewives of New Jersey Season two the second best season in the entire history of The Real Housewives is because I don't know any franchise that can give you a spectacular season with just four women.
Speaker 2: Four Think about that for a second.
Speaker 1: Four women gave an astounding season, and the the fact that I had the privilege of watching these women give you, guys a great show means the world to me. But also just knowing that they really did show all of you their reality. And because we really and when I say we, I mean all the producers, because the producers, we really did not know what to expect from a cast of four housewives.
Speaker 2: And yes, I will continue to say four.
Speaker 1: Because so many shows honey got subven or a Housewives and can't even hold a candle to these four. Okay, these four women gave a compelling season.
Speaker 2: There was not one filler episode this season.
Speaker 1: I mean we got Danielle at the Brownstone. That season has some of the best producers in the game. Because we all worked together to really make sure this season was great because we had so much pressure to follow the fantastic season one and to be able to do that with four housewives.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I'm gonna pat myself on the back and I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna pet the other producers on the backs two because this season was a collective effort and that goes to show you that the relationship between the producers and the cavs who are all trying to give you great television will equal into a successful season. So as I end this episode, I really want you guys to put some respect on Caroline, Teresa, Jacqueline, Danielle, and even Dina's sunset was epic the way her and Danielle had that one on one. Baby, I can watch it all day. Dina is fantastic television. She's beautiful, she's witty, and the girl can read. Those women gave a fabulous season and it's time that we give them the respect that they deserve. So, rain Drops, I want to hear from you. Do y'all agree with me that The Real Housewives of New Jersey Season two is the second best season ever from a Real Housewives franchise, only behind the Real Housewives of Atlanta Season six, which I will always give as the number one season in the history of the franchise.
Speaker 2: Do you agree? Let me know?
Speaker 1: Hashtag me using Reality with the King and make sure you tag me. Thank you for listening to Reality with the King. New episodes dropped every Wednesday and Friday. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality with THEE King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram and Twitter. Tweak me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag.
Speaker 2: Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: Reality with the King is a production of Mark Sauce by Stitcher. It is executive produced by Me, Carlos King, and Jasminehilly Brown. We are also produced by Lashik, Lotus Lee, and Brandon Nix.
Speaker 2: Engineering and music by Marcus hamm More Sauce