Speaker 1: Three fifty.
Speaker 2: Start up, dot up, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start up, dot up, dot up. They making noise dot up, start up, dot up up, dot us dot up.
Speaker 3: Episode three fifty. It's the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 1: What's going on there? David Brody? Not much Scary Jones.
Speaker 4: You know, I always like to make a reference, if possible, to uh something about the episode number. I would like to point out that I once owned a Buick Park Avenue that had a three fifty engine. Oh really, I think you're about to say Popular General Motors motor you were gonna.
Speaker 1: Do the podcast and get baked? That's for twenty, dumbass.
Speaker 3: No, it's not three fifty, three fifty. Most things go in the oven for three fifty. Not you say three. That shows you what I know about drugs. Sorry for yeah, four twenty. At the time of day three fifty, you get baked.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm just saying, yeah, see, so there you go slices. I'm making car references, Scary who smokes pot with his father, making drug references.
Speaker 3: I make cooking out, I make cooking references. Actually both from the they're both from the same neighborhood. I can't tell them apart. Yes you can. I will say, when you put stuff in the oven, three fifties usually the default. I mean, you can't go wrong at three fifty, right, I cook at four and four fifty. I can't wait. That doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna come out better or faster.
Speaker 1: It's just you could burn things. I mean, some things you're.
Speaker 4: Delicates ow faster scary because you you heat it up to a higher temperature. Yeah, but you could dry shit out real quick. I make sure not to dry shit out. But I don't cook at three fifty. I reheat my pizza at four hundred. I cook most things at four fifty, maybe four twenty five if I'm in a casual mood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I got time at three fifty.
Speaker 3: Baked goods man with breads and things and muffins and cookies and cakes. You don't put that at f You don't put that at four twenty five for fifty You'll burn the shit out of it. I don't know whatever the Pillsbury flaky biscuits I make. Whatever that temperature is, that's what I love. Okay temperature, Yeah, love me some Pillsbury biscuits. By the way, they're not a sponsor. I wish they were.
Speaker 1: God, we could use a lot of sponsors, couldn't we.
Speaker 4: I mean, we are, you know, I'm surprised all the people we have listening to us, the thousands and thousands and thousands, tens of thousands of people. You guys don't work for companies that want to advertise. You guys don't own companies, work at businesses. Come on, somebody somewhere, You're right, somebody somewhere.
Speaker 1: It's got to be.
Speaker 3: It's got to be in a business or an industry that can benefit by advertising on the Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 4: But and if you're a slice, we'll give you more than the thirty seconds, like we'll do right by.
Speaker 1: You, of course, of course. But great listen, Hello Fresh is spending money, so can you? So is mint Mobile? Mint Mobile? Love Mint Mobile? These are a friend of money. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you can't see this, brody, because the camera's on my face and there's very little in my background, very little in the background. I see a lot of the stuff piled up behind you, though, Yeah, I see an ottoman or something. Yeah, so the table's gone. Where's the table? I'm in the middle of getting stuff out of my room and re just redoing it. So all my entire the contents of my bedroom are in my living room, which is where I do the podcast. So you can't see, but if I tilted the camera in another direction, you could see on my sofa, just piles of clothes, piles of sheets and towels. The contents of my bedroom are in my living room lamps. I had all kinds of shit back there anyway I could. I barely had room to carve a path to sit down and do this podcast. This is the only chair that I can physically sit on that's not being occupied by other things.
Speaker 1: But they how else would you just sit on a chair besides physically.
Speaker 3: Saying I'm sitting on this chair. There's no other There's no other chair that I can even go to. All my other chairs are occupied. And yesterday they came in my find supervising the supervisors because you smashed your bed, right because you stemmed from me jumping on my bed and breaking the fucking thing. So I went out, and what do I do? Not just buy a new bed frame? But I'm like, oh, oh I like this dresser drawers, let me replace that. Oh I like this new night table. I want to replace that. Oh you know what, I want a new rug and a new laundry basket. And you want a new rug when the won't make you sick. That's I want a new drug. Oh sorry, sorry, Yeah, that's Huey Lewis in the news. Oh my god, I want a new rug. It's very funny, buddy.
Speaker 1: I would like that if I still had access to the parody department. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, so I'm like, you know what, let me get rid of everything in here. And then while I cleared up my room, my I guess, my my handyman and my super they decided they came up here to see what was going on because they helped take the bed out because the bed had to be removed instead of the dresser drawers. They're like, do you ever think about repainting this? And they're like huh. I'm like no, I never did. They're like, you know, if you should get some more earth tones. So I said, all right, perfect, So yeah, how.
Speaker 1: Much does it? How much did you have to pay them for earth tones?
Speaker 3: Well, they're like, we got you covered, we got you covered. We're gonna do it. So they changed my color of my room from blue and they painted it white.
Speaker 1: Yesterday. White is an earth tone.
Speaker 3: It's a cream white, creamy white. It's like it's earth white. Dirt, it's eggshat. Dirt is no sky blue. That's earth related.
Speaker 1: That's not dirt. Brown. That's the Earth.
Speaker 3: Browns and browns and beiges and grays and white, those are earth tones, grays and whites. White is an earth tone. Okay, okay, okay racist white. Yeah, so anyway, Earth, Earth is all colors. Baby, It's not just white. So I said, look, I said, I said, I don't care what you do, as long as you.
Speaker 1: What part of Earth is white. Besides the case of some rocks of.
Speaker 3: Sand, there's some sand this, there's some white sand out there. That's beagy. I still think white is an earth tone. It's considered you got you got, you got scammed again. Scare you are the most gullible. What are you talking about? So you're you're the kind of guy that would look at a painting of a white wall and they tell you, don't you see what's there?
Speaker 1: And you're like, oh, yeah, I totally see it.
Speaker 4: But to you about the volume on the podcast, and you believe that I was changing the volume.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I need an outside opinion. So in this process, while the room was cleared, outside opinion, you got the opinion of your your super and landlord, the guys who want to you.
Speaker 1: You had to pay it.
Speaker 4: If painted, oh we'll get hey, hey, hey, hey, miguel, what kind of paint we have land in the basement. We got a lot of extra off white. Oh good, tell them it's earth tones, dude. They suck at you. Know that your bedroom was light blue. It was beautiful. It matched your furniture, it matched your living room. It was great at light blue. Now you have white. Why is what they paint? White is what they paint something when you move out and they want to make it neutral for the next tenant to come in.
Speaker 1: You unpainted your room. Oh come on, you know what you did.
Speaker 4: You just went to a car dealership and got the light silver car that was sitting on the lot of two.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with white? Here's here's how they sold it, all right.
Speaker 3: They're like, look, your bed, your dresser, drawers, and your nightstand are all going to be white.
Speaker 1: Everything's going to be white. So okay, so they should contrast off of the blue walls. No, but here here's the thing. White. Oh you didn't you having a white party in bed?
Speaker 3: White is it makes you relax, It gives you, It gives you, like peace of mind and serenity. White and white opens the room. Now white opens the room up. See other darker colors. And it was a kind of a royal blue. It kind of closes the room in. I've there's not a lot of space in that room. You've been in that room, It's it's small. I got a very small bedroom.
Speaker 1: So why what size? Your room is? Now the same size except you have plain white walls.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: But but if I want piece and serenity and relaxation, you'll never.
Speaker 4: Have piece and serenity and relaxation. Who are you kidding? You're high strungs. So so they're like, look, you know, the room's empty. Never been a better time than right now to paint it. I'm like, you know what, you're right.
Speaker 3: So they're like, they got they got me the Aura Benjamin Moore. You know, I gotta have my top top shelf Aura, like rita Aura. Aura is the best paint out Benjamin Moore. Aura is the best paint out there.
Speaker 1: They stop it.
Speaker 3: You don't know shit about the other scary how much I remember on a previous episode of this podcast, you complained about a budget home store and their paint. It's clearly on this fucking podcast. You guys can scroll back slices and you were my witness. You bought ship paint. I'm not gonna name the name because I named the brand. You gotta know the store and you.
Speaker 1: Brought paint from that place.
Speaker 3: They got the color wrong. I asked for light gray and they gave me dark black. But they fucked you and they and I heard that that paint, that store with that paint was no the store.
Speaker 4: The story was, if you don't remember, was the guy working there told me the problem with the paint was I asked for the most inexpensive paint. Yeah, but that's not an explanation of why ordering light gray paint came out black. But Benjamin Moore Aura is a quality, a high quality paint.
Speaker 1: It's scary. How much did it cost to repaint your ten by ten bedroom? Three hundred? Yeah, four hundred, three hundred.
Speaker 4: Three hundred, Yeah, they painted it white. They gave you you know what, they know what? They used that white paint for, uh, insane asylums, hospitals, the projects. When my mother lived in a rent controlled apartment, one hundred year old building in Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: When they painted their apartment, it was white.
Speaker 3: You painted it white, well, thrown with white for a bedroom? Nothing thing, but your furniture is white. So white on white is okay? It's earth tone you was, I'm gonna and in fact, they're gonna be it. It's some of it is a little beige color.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, can't you look like a cold Play concert? Wow, that's how white it is. You are terrible.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, my I will take a picture and post the finished product once everything's in there. How will anyone know you took a picture. It's gonna be a picture of whiteness. So they came in yesterday and they they painted. They were here for a few hours. They did a bunch of good things to you know, for me. And then and now today my furniture is coming. That's why I'm up up against the clock here. What kind of good things did they do? They well, they well, first of all, they had to take the TV after raw. They they had to cover up some cracks. They did a little spackle, They put a little stuff in the cracks. They they did, they take all the outlet covers off or did they just paint white over them?
Speaker 1: Kind of people?
Speaker 3: Do you think I have work in here? No, these people are professional. They knew what they were doing. Yeah, they got you to buy earth tone white. It's it's calm winter white or eggshell. I forgot the name of it. It's kind of it's a very nice color. Did they tell you it was a crew and charge you more money?
Speaker 1: Wow? You?
Speaker 3: Or?
Speaker 1: Yes? White paints?
Speaker 4: Is if any of you guys are like fashion experts, you went to school for colors? What's let us know if white is an earth tone?
Speaker 1: Okay? What? And and what's wrong? Furthermore?
Speaker 3: With white? A white wall bedroom? Why can't we paint? What's wrong with white walls? Is that a bathroom story?
Speaker 1: But all your furniture is white?
Speaker 4: Like, imagine how great your furniture would look if your furniture was like a nice a cherry wood, like a reddish brown with the white walls, that would be great. But you have white furniture with white walls, You're gonna look like you're in some kind of I want to be in a futuristic room kind of thing.
Speaker 1: It's very eighties white furniture. Would walls I don't know.
Speaker 3: Now you're making me think. You're making me think twice that I did the wrong. Somebody's got to make you think. I hope your brain doesn't hurt.
Speaker 4: Wow, so maybe so not even a stripe. You didn't paint any stripes, nothing stripes.
Speaker 3: What are you doing here? NOTHINGNNA tell you. I should I should have stole wallpaper. Are you that guy.
Speaker 4: But white with wife? I don't know, man, it just seems like what goes with white?
Speaker 1: White?
Speaker 3: They had extra white. They had extra white paint in the basement, Like going for a look. We can make four hundred bucks off this guy. I'm going for a look. What's the look, mayonnaise?
Speaker 1: It's the podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Brodie, I think sometimes you you don't.
Speaker 1: You don't have any taste. You know. I don't want I don't want to wrong.
Speaker 3: I don't want to rip you for that, but I'm like, you know, I'm thinking, like, consider the source. Consider who's telling me that I fucked up? David Brody, Dude, I worked in retail. I had an eye for matching colors with things.
Speaker 1: Okay, white matches with white.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at a certain point, the bed frame does have a nice little tan wood frame around it. But it's also white. Oh that's an earth tone. Yeah, there's some axis in there.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 3: The handles on the white dresser drawers are gold.
Speaker 1: How about that gold. It's like a gold lacker. That's tack packycker lacker. I didn't even know her. I'm okay, I'm excited. I'm happy for my You should be happy, you should be very happy. Scary.
Speaker 4: Luckily, you already have a girlfriend. You don't need to impress anybody. Does Robin know you painted the bedroom white? Yes, with gold handles.
Speaker 1: She said, I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, we're gonna move off this topic because because I'm honestly this is to betinued.
Speaker 1: All Right, Hey, uh, I know you like you like the lingo of the kids. I know you do. I know you like to use whatever the hot phrases are.
Speaker 3: You mean skimbity do toilet riz and h skimmity toilet and cap and no cap and what else did the kids say these days?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you there's an expression that I understand what it means. It's grammatically incorrect, but remember, like like I said, if you have to ask for extra gravy. If it's automatic, then it's not extra gravy. Yes, And if everything's offensive, then nothing's offensive.
Speaker 1: Oh that I live to this day.
Speaker 4: Okay, the expression it hits different, Yeah, it hits all. Grammatically it should be it hits differently. But that's not my problem. I mean, that's part of my problem, but that's not my problem. My problem is if everything hits different, nothing hits different. Every commercial, this gambling site, it just hits different. Come out to city field, it hits different. This food company hits different, It hits different, it hits different, it hits different, hits different, it hits different or differently from from other things.
Speaker 1: But everything can't hit different, Yes it can. It's overused.
Speaker 3: It's a differentiation. Hey, the Brooklyn Boys podcast, it hits different. It does from other podcasts. It's implied, it's implied that it hits different from other podcasts things.
Speaker 4: When every commercial uses that phrase, it's a bit much.
Speaker 1: Do I have to start? If we're talking about overused phrases.
Speaker 3: I think every commercial and everything in life shouldn't be iconic. If everything's iconic, then nothing's iconic. And why can't shrimp be delicious? Why does it have to be suculentes have to.
Speaker 1: Be melty melty.
Speaker 3: Oh. They hate when they put the y at the end of the word melt. Well, that's the same as not putting the end of it's differently, Yeah, but it belongs.
Speaker 1: In differently, but it doesn't belong in melt. That's right. They leave off one and added to the other. Right.
Speaker 3: But if something's iconic or there's another word that people are using, it's overused.
Speaker 4: To it's insane. I saw a commercial on TikTok it was insane. Have you seen this new insane AI maker? It's insane? Look at this insane video. She's insane. It's insane. It's not insane, dude, it's normal. It's fine. It's not insane. It doesn't hit different. It's just it's fine. It's fine. Like everything's crazy, this is great. Have you seen this video game?
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: No, it's just a video game, that's it.
Speaker 3: It's not insane. It's not literally insane. It's not like, it's not it's just it's just not. It's too much. You're desensitizing the words.
Speaker 4: If every commercial says it hits different, you're like, okay, what else you got? You have nothing to say, you know, a little backstage feel and shrimp. Have you ever had a shrimp? You ever been to a restaurant has a shrimp and go, man, this shrimp is succulent.
Speaker 1: No, that's okay. So we don't speak like that.
Speaker 3: I will say that, you know, if a little peak behind the curtain here. A lot of times, if we're promoting one of our clients, the people at the commercial agency will call them or the people who you know, the the client sponsored themselves, the copyright they cop they will write up a script, a suggested script, and you know, I don't if I feel like I don't talk like that, I will change words. I'll change it to my language and my right you know, my expression, you know my attitude. And they're usually fine with this because it's especially when the script says, we, oh, we have a great deal on cars.
Speaker 1: We don't. We don't.
Speaker 4: I don't work there, I don't work for I don't work for that from company. That's like celebrities like, oh, we hear a T Mobile? You don't work for T Mobile?
Speaker 1: Right now? To that one, I always chane.
Speaker 3: I always changed it today because it's me talking to you about them. But but a lot of times it's not written in Scary Jones speak, so I will have to go in and fine tune it. You know, I'll have to go in and see you know and say like, I wouldn't say this this way.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't use this word.
Speaker 3: I would never so so I always have to, uh, you know, brooklynize it. In fact, I have trained my chatchipt when it's helping me write rewrite commercials, to always use the Scary Jones casual Brooklyn industrial style, something laid back and like, for instance, I had to do I did something for our friends at smart Water recently sponsor, and it wasn't how I speak. I'm like, I don't talk that way, am I? So I'm gonna take these you say, you say smart water water. If I was from Pennsylvania, I'd say worder, worder smart water Woter No.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: So so rewrote it and they're like, ah, yes, we'll do that for you. I'm gonna I'm gonna change this to a Scary Jones style. And it did and and and I'm like, boom, you got me. That's exactly how I talk. So Shatgypt is getting smart, but you got to train it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it doesn't put up pictures of me that that are somebody else. Mhm. You were talking about Are we talking about retail? We're talking about I said, I worked in retail and matching. All right, think, harken back to your days of retail. I'm HARKing.
Speaker 3: Remember remember when you were at the store and it was closing time. Let's tell you close the d eight o'clock. And I walked in this store at seven forty five.
Speaker 4: Oh, is this another one of these scary Johnes walks in at the last minute? Bullshit story?
Speaker 1: This is a true story.
Speaker 4: Did you want did you walk into UH Express and want them to make you breakfast and it was past the time?
Speaker 1: No, it was before the time.
Speaker 3: This was the night that Robin and I got stuck in Dublin and we were freezing our asses off because we only had clothing for Sicily, which is eighty ninety degrees. We didn't bring long sleeve shirts and jackets and jeans because we were in tropical hot August Italy weather. All right, So yes, here comes ladies and gentlemen, first world problem. When my flight was diverted from Sicily and we landed in Dublin, did we talk about that story on the podcast. No said you were going to tell I never told it. That's a whole episode, man. Anyway, an hour into the but that's not my point here.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell the Dublin story and then we'll get back to them.
Speaker 3: We landed in Dublin for an hour after we took off from Sicily. We were supposed to go direct to JFK New York. We ended up in Dublin because of an emergency and we had to stay there overnight.
Speaker 1: So Robin and I.
Speaker 3: Go to the Central Dumble it dumble it double in whatever, and we go to the Dumbledore and but before dinner, we're like, we're freezing. So we run into Tzara at seven forty five. We're like, a Tsar is familiar. Let's go in here. Seven forty five. Oh we closed at eight, No problem, seven forty five. I run as fast as I can to a couple of racks of clothing.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I think I'll grab this jacket right here. This is something I could wear going forward.
Speaker 1: This is nice, it's cheap.
Speaker 3: I could wear it now, but I'll bring it home with me and it looks good for the future. Robin's got some stuff. Robin grows RUMs to get a pair of jeans at like.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five.
Speaker 3: I said, uh, the the woman who was folding clothes comes up to me and says, excuse me, sir, in her Irish accent. Uh, we're now closed and you've got to go to the checkout.
Speaker 1: Do the Irish accent. Do the Irish accent.
Speaker 3: I'm never gonna try wait he on, Oh it looks were closing that.
Speaker 1: Why is it every time we do an Irish accent?
Speaker 3: Oh maybe a little maybe she had more of a cock I think she had more of a cockney accent.
Speaker 1: Little cockneye, yeah, cocky. I have no idea. That just sounds funny anyway, So.
Speaker 3: Did you ever try to ask your own cock It's it's seven fifty five, and she's like, we're closing. I said, well, I need to try this on real quick. I need to and my girlfriend and Robin needs to try these jeans on. Right, we each had three items. It's seven fifty five. It's seven fifty five. This door closed at eight o'clock. She's she's sorry, she's the dressing rooms are closed. I was like, what I said, I have about one hundred and fifty dollars in merchandise here that I want to buy. I'm going to walk out with them right now. I'm gonna, in fact, he rose, I'm gonna wear this jacket. I'm gonna wear it out. I'm gonna pop the tag. I'm gonna pop some tags and I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna puck this jacket on.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna walk out in the street because I'm freezing my balls off. And I said my girlfriend, and I I gave her the stop story. We just got here from Sicily and we have no clothes. We're not supposed to be here right now, We're supposed to be in New York. Help And she's like, I'm sorry, I can't help you. So I'm like, really, you can't help me?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 3: Does the fucking general manager or the owner of Zara right now want to hear this owner of you.
Speaker 1: The owner of a of an industrial congline.
Speaker 3: Does Zara herself want to hear that you an employee at the Dublin store the Dublin Zara are denying customers. I'm already in your store. I've already invested ten minutes in shopping.
Speaker 1: Here at your store.
Speaker 3: Let me complete the transaction by running into the dressing room real quick. Nope, sorry, you have to go right to the You have to go right right to the register and check out. We're checking out now, you gotta go, literally literally telling me I couldn't fucking go, And Robin got so pissed she fucking took all the clothes and threw them. Said, go go fucking you clean this up, you bitch. She threw all the clothes she had in her hand, and she threw though, don't tell that story. No, I just did look bad. No, you know what, they made themselves look bad. Go fucking clean up this mess. Now, I'm not going to these racks because she could she could not. She had five items in her hand that she was gonna buy. We needed four minutes to just try the shit on and go to the registers.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, throw the merchandise.
Speaker 3: Robin threw the merchandise down like onto the onto the little uh, onto the pile, and said, all right, I guess I'm not taking any of this, which is true because Robin spent all her time gathering all this ship up, and now you're not gonna let her go in the dressing room for three minutes to try something on. So she she's not gonna hold on a second, she's not gonna home on.
Speaker 1: She's not gonna go and buy it sight unseen.
Speaker 3: She can't, she can't try it on, and she's certainly not gonna go run around the store putting it all back into where she found it.
Speaker 1: We don't have enough time, obviously, so I said.
Speaker 3: Robin, you just grabbed that jacket, because we've tried it on right right there on the floor. You grab that jacket. I'll grab this jacket, and let's just get out of here. And we we took the jackets to the register, and we paid for our jackets, and we paid for one item each with our fucking shorts on, and and we we fucking made the purchase and walked out. But can you imagine denying your customer five minutes before the top of the hour when you're closing, when you say eight o'clock, the door from the outside closes at eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: That means you cannot come in at for eight o'clock.
Speaker 4: If you're in the they weren't gonna lock you in the store. They don't know if you have a gun. They don't know if you're gonna rob the place. If you're in there with that bullshit. If you're in the store, in hell, you're gonna try on the clothes, step out, see if she likes the way they look on you, then go to the register and under five minutes, which means the doors are gonna lock and you're still in there, and maybe anyone who's bullshit, that's not how that works when you and you're in retail and I don't know island rules.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second.
Speaker 3: At eight o'clock, the doors closed, stop letting people in the store. You're supposed to put the lock on the door so people can't come in, but anyone left in the store should be able to follow through and complete their transaction. And part of completing that transaction is being able to try on a fucking pair of jeans.
Speaker 1: For two minutes.
Speaker 4: Question, Plain Devil's advocate, What say you went and tried on the clothes and then went to the register. Yeah, if it all went according to Scary Jones's plan, what time do you think you'd be done walking out the store?
Speaker 1: Five after eight? You think you try the way?
Speaker 3: Hold on a second, people were everyone. There were a lot of people shopping still, so the lines started forming for the checkout line, the checkout counter.
Speaker 1: So you want to the only one's in there in the store. No, hell's no. There were twenty people in the store. It's a huge. It's a two.
Speaker 3: It was a three level Zara. It was like a double. It was a triple threat. There was like like the Men's was on a whole were on a whole different level. It was up the escalator. It was like a size of a Macy's. It was a huge Tzara. It wasn't This wasn't a boutique store you're talking about. There was a little store like in the mall. Like, dude, this is on the streets of Dublin. This is right off the street and the main part of Dublin. This is their flag, the Dublin flagship. You're gonna tell me, you're not gonna give me five fucking more minutes when I've already had the merchant in my hand, just so I just want to try my shit on and guess what store and listening on the register line. They started rounding everybody up. Security started going around tapping people. That's it, he's got to stop.
Speaker 1: One guy. One guy was.
Speaker 3: Like like like a flipping through the rack, looking like looking for his size. Sir, stop shopping now, gotta go to the register. We're closed, We're closing. We're closed.
Speaker 1: So that's fucking rude. That's rude. Sorry.
Speaker 4: My guess is in a store that size, they probably wanted to be able to lock down the dressing rooms know they were empty so security could start doing their sweep, so that they know.
Speaker 3: Your sweep after your customers have left. Now, I'm not saying listen, if you're telling me you're closing, I'm gonna stop shopping. But I should be able to take what I already have in my hand, and I already because that shopping took place the last ten minutes when you were open, so I should be able to go into the dressing room and see. And by the way, if the shit didn't fit, then okay, I'm not gonna take it.
Speaker 1: I'm not quit, but I'm not gonna.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna go back to the rack looking for other sizes at that point it's too late. But I should be able to try on what I had. By the way, i've never seen my girlfriend get that. I'm like, wow, I've never seen that. All the views I've been with her.
Speaker 4: Scary Jones goes into the dressing room with a thirty six waist pants and I know it's different sizes in Europe. He goes in and they're just a little too tight. You wouldn't run back out and just go.
Speaker 3: Let me just grab a thirty eight, Let me just grabb thirty I'm just gonna grab thirty eight. If I grab the thirty eight, I'm not going back to try it. I will grab it and take my chances. At that point, that's a risk that the jeans were.
Speaker 1: Like one hundred yards away from the fitting rooms.
Speaker 3: No, I would just go. I would take take what I have and go. But Brody, a man of retail, you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I want you out. I want to go home, get with Scary and Brody.
Speaker 4: Hey, before the commercial, we were talking about retail, and this is a story I had from July. I just haven't brought it up in case you're wondering why I'm mentioning it in September. But I was in the supermarket and you guys have all seen this. Have you ever been online at the supermarket? And maybe a third in line, so you're not in the aisle, you're like, you know, you're not in yet with the magazines and the candy. You're standing behind where the registers in the countertop start, and next to you is a pile of air conditioners or televisions. Who goes to a supermarket to buy groceries and says, oh, you know what else I need?
Speaker 3: I need an air conditioner, a non name brand I don't know if it's a good price or a high sense television. Who goes to the supermarket and buys can goods, frozen pizza and while I'm here, let me pick up an air conditioner and a television set. Rich people does that. People who don't give a fuck about money people. Rich people do not go to supermarkets and buy air conditioning units for one hundred and twenty dollars. They do for site. They do sight unseen. If it's sight unseen, they'll they'll do it like that. Fuck it, who cares it's only one twenty bucks.
Speaker 4: Rich people order fucking fancy shit from fancy stores. They don't buy the no name brand air conditioner on a pile next to the tostitos display. Look, I'm not saying it's anything wrong with buying a cheap air conditioner. I'm fine with that, But is that something you go to a super you're like, nuh, how well, I'm here. I gotta get you know, I gotta get some go good for the kids.
Speaker 3: I pick up an air conditioning good because I didn't know it was gonna be hot this summer. Like I always like, why you buying an air conditioner in July? You know every year it's gonna be hot. Why wouldn't you buy it in June? Why wouldn't you buy it? What do you wait until million?
Speaker 1: There's a story for everyone.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe their air conditioner just just broke and they.
Speaker 1: They were, you know, like, oh, so.
Speaker 4: It's so hot in my apartment. Oh look there's an air conditioning unit. What are you trying to say in my cart? So are you trying to say that you're in wonderment of people who go to let's say, a Costco or whatever or a supermarket for groceries and they also have bought an air conditioner or are they?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 3: Are you thinking about people who just say, oh, by the way, I forgot the air conditioner. Oh grant that went off the shelf, and then bring it as an afterthought, like so you just you're just enamored by the fact that people go to shop for the same place as their air conditioner as they do their basket.
Speaker 1: In Robins, ice cream, water or whatever. Go to the store thinking, you know what, I'm gonna pick up some cheese.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get some some ground beef and oh yeah, let me put air conditioner on my food list while I'm at the shop, right, people could do that.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, it's so it's a non sequitary. It's it's taco Tuesday.
Speaker 3: I want some pie, Richardson, I'm buying a sound system, let me get let me get a microwave oven and uh oh yeah, I'm gonna buy a.
Speaker 4: Pack of soda, a six pack of soda. That piece of Richardson. Well, they're going to for a soda, but they.
Speaker 3: Don't sell soda. Oh but like my point, but the reverse is true at best Buy. They do that best Buy. They'll go buy some electronics. Yeah maybe, uh, you know, a new dice in something.
Speaker 1: Minnesota machine up front case you're thirsdy No, no, no no.
Speaker 3: As you're online, they have like candy and shit like you can buy like Goober's right, but you don't get a case of cans.
Speaker 1: You don't buy like a couple of two liter bottles a spy.
Speaker 3: If I'm going out look, okay, if I'm going out to whatever, Sam's Club or Costco one of these big.
Speaker 1: Box store walmst stores that sell everything, Okay, So.
Speaker 3: Then what you go there knowing that I need eggs, I need bread, and oh, by the way, I need a new tire.
Speaker 1: What's the matter with that?
Speaker 3: It's that that's the kind of store it is. They have the best television sets and they have good eggs. So what kind of stores are right? No, offense is not going to have top of the line air conditioners. Oh yeah, they only have one size. Okay, one style, one size. I want to buy an air conditioner. Wait, okay, now you're confusing me because I thought you were talking about those big box retailers all along.
Speaker 1: You're telling me that this is a gross supermarket.
Speaker 3: Well, I think supermarket supermarkets that sell air can I think Walmart, and I think and I think Costco.
Speaker 1: It's not a supermarket. Walmart has supermarkets in them. But Walmart is a is.
Speaker 3: A my target, my target right down the street here is a super is a supermarket Target?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, Target is not a supermarket. Target sells groceries. Okay, so let's erase e race, e race. You're talking about going to publics or right, shop right, or these price chopper, whatever your Supermarke did, whatever your supermarket ship publics.
Speaker 4: Wherever you live, it's a supermarket. So the if you live in small town America.
Speaker 3: So places that have like a counter, a seafood counter, they slice to call super market a supermarket. Can't wait to finding supermarkets. A TV show called Supermarket Sweep. So those is that a walmart? So those places carry where? Do you even who even carries.
Speaker 1: Air conditioners in those places? Shop right?
Speaker 3: Are you not listening to this podcast? I'm sure it's a good you know what, I'm really confused here. You know why you're listening to this podcast? It hits different, it hits different. So the only thing I can relate to is the fact that maybe the supermarket, like a shop right, has an aisle where you can buy pots and pants, because I do see pots and pans, and they have some.
Speaker 1: Kitchen kitchen where, but they have a stack of air conditioning.
Speaker 3: I've never seen this in my life. You are speaking a foreign language to me, Brody, I've never.
Speaker 1: Really I am because you apparently aren't paying attention.
Speaker 3: You're not paying attention. But I think all the while you're talking about Costco and Walmart, I say supermarket, I set shop right. At some point, I'm thinking you're talking about Walmart. I don't think Wholeflu has air conditioners or Wegmans. Okay, And then, as you said, one size, one type.
Speaker 1: It's one type.
Speaker 4: It's like an off white, you know, Oh you know what it would look good in your new bedroom. It's earth tone. My head hurts, all right, So so what's your point?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I made my point an hour ago. Your point, Your point is how could some why would you? So you're saying, why wouldn't you go.
Speaker 3: To a place that specializes in air conditioners? Yes, get a good one with a warranty, Like I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: But you're also criticizing that we're buying it in July. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like I it just seems weird you're buying an air condition in middles unless you're re conditioning broke.
Speaker 1: That's what I said. It's like, like, did you forget that it's going to be hot every year? It's okay, boys, we will be right back. Wait a second. How many breaks did we just take? I don't know. Did we just a commercial? I don't we just take a Was that a break? No? I don't know.
Speaker 3: We weren't supposed to go to a break there Ignore that. No, we didn't fuck it. I'm telling you right now, that's a redo. People are going to hear that they're not no, by the power invested in me. You just heard the for Breeze jingle and with no commercial that's not that for Breeze jingle.
Speaker 4: That's a jingle I created that sounds nothing like any commercial jingle that may have a copyright.
Speaker 1: Oh that well, anyway, we're uh, you know, we're not. We're still in the middle of this talk content, this content.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, look behind me, Brody, do you see the Can you see the wires behind me? They are about to what they're about, puppet. No, the ropes are outside my window. They they are about to wash my windows. Ladies and gentlemen, they're outside.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 3: Well the Pulley system has been is that they're installing it right now and they're going to start up right above me.
Speaker 1: And uh, these guys are about to come down.
Speaker 3: You're about to see men behind me kind of looking like they're waving, but what they're doing is they're actually squeeging but my windows.
Speaker 4: Okay, and they're gonna get They're gonna jump on my balcony too. If you made a list of all the jobs here they come, I would never I would never do that's that's.
Speaker 1: Near the top. It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: We're getting on a scaffold and going up and down the sides of skyscrapers.
Speaker 1: This is the guy's bucket is right here. Really comes he's gonna be we're.
Speaker 4: Doing we're doing an audio podcast, I know. But you know the wild thing is he's gonna look in here.
Speaker 3: He's gonna see me screaming into a microphone, and he's like, what the fuck's going on in there? Little does he know he's on the Brooklyn Boys podcast. Brodie, do you hear the banging behind me? There's yeah, I see legs going by out your way. Then he's sitting on a it's a swing, Brodie. It's literally the size of a swing he does. He's not on like a major scaffolding, and he Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, it's gonna pick. He's got, he's got he's smoking a cigarette. Wow, he's risking his life one way, you might as well risk it another wise. This is so weird. Hey, ask him if he thinks white as an earth tone. I don't know how he's doing.
Speaker 3: He suspended several several stories in the air right now, and there's nothing holding him on except this Pulley system.
Speaker 1: It's literally an ant like.
Speaker 3: You're talking about an archaic invention from like the eleven hundreds.
Speaker 1: Really, is that your guess? Eleven hundreds?
Speaker 3: When did they invent the Pulley system in the thirteen hundreds? The fourteen hundreds? Shit going on outside my window right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll google that later. Hey, I got into an altercation. Scary.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: This past weekend. My friend says, Hey, I'm doing a.
Speaker 4: I'm doing there's a there's a one of the towns is having this big carnival thing and the car show thing and the whole thing. You should meet me there. I said, oh, yeah, it sounds like fun. So when I get there, it's the plate. The neighborhood's packed. The neighbor there's no parking on the street. The parking lot looks like it's jam packed. But as I pointed out in the past, I have a handicapped placard. Okay, I've told you this because I qualified. I don't have it, dis honestly, I have I have a whatever. I have a bad ankle, and it qualified me and whatever.
Speaker 1: So I go up to the guy.
Speaker 4: There's like a guy waving people on and I said, excuse me, is there a handicapped a handicapped parking or anything closer? I'm just trying to get in to the event. You know, there is there some like some area I can park a little closer. And he says, yeah, pull up about fifty fifty to fifty sixty feet. There's a guy in a chair on the left. Tell him show me a placard and uh and and he'll show you the where the the parking is. Oh great, okay great. So I pull up to the guy and I say, hey, where's the I show him the placard and I go where where's the special parking? He says, we don't have any special parking. I said, okay, but you're a coworker right there. The guy in the red shirt. He told me to talk to you. He said there was a parking and you would direct me. He says, yo, you know what, that's good?
Speaker 3: For you.
Speaker 1: What do you want me to tell you?
Speaker 3: So? I said, I don't think you needs to be a dick about it. He says, hey, hey, hey, I'm a volunteer. So I said, oh, so you're a volunteer dick. I said, you're being a dick and I even get paid for it. Well, that's the thing he feels in his mind. If he's not getting paid, he doesn't have to be nice because nice will cost you.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, so he could.
Speaker 3: Just do it. I go, so, you're volunteering to be a dick. You don't even get paid for it. I go, that's pretty sad. So he stands up right, and I realized my windows wide open, so I quickly hit the button. I rolled the window up ninety percent. He goes, you got a problem. I go, yeah, I got a problem. I asked you nicely, what a parking is? You got an attitude with me? He goes, what do you want me to tell you? I'm giving up my time today. I said, great, you can still be nice about it?
Speaker 1: So scary? Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You know you gotta be kind.
Speaker 3: He still he did accept the role of of helping you out right and and be you know, in volunteering, he's doing he's work. He accepted, he was, you know, and and so that comes with a whole set of rules where you should be cordial, be kind, be right, you know, don't be a douche.
Speaker 4: So I said, hey, why don't you tell your co worker that there is no parking right? And he's like, that's not my problem, as he said, because that's not my problem. I said, no, one did than not paying you. He said that, yeah, and then I quickly rolled up my window all the way and drove off and drove off before he could throw throw a rock at your car. I thought that was a good line. I go, oh, so you're volunteering to be a dick.
Speaker 1: That is great, That is awesome. What else is happening in the world of Brody My god?
Speaker 3: We still we had so much to catch up on from last week, and I feel like this is like, uh, we're spilling over here into this episode.
Speaker 1: We don't need to take a break here. Oh okay, now we'll take the break. Yeah, let's take a break down. Okay, the Boys podcast. We will be right back, all right.
Speaker 4: Do you want to hear my pickleball fight I got into or the awful service at the restaurant when I went for lunch with my friend.
Speaker 1: I see a common theme here on the Brooklyn Boys podcast. Food or pickleball. Food. I like food fight, Like, okay, that's not a food fight.
Speaker 3: Well, I like a good well, you know, I like a little squabble because I know, I know you got into I know you got into it with someone.
Speaker 4: So I got into it at pickleball. Yeah, I'll tell you the pick a ball story. So there's a I'm gonna call her a resting bitch face too real, just nasty looking, unhappy looking woman at pickleball, and I played against her and I beat her, and then I don't know about twenty minutes later, I had lost.
Speaker 1: And she had lost.
Speaker 4: So we were waiting to play, right, we have our paddles in the holder, and we're waiting, and she says to the two other women that are waiting, you know, they should really separate the men from the women here.
Speaker 1: It's not fair.
Speaker 4: The men are too aggressive. I don't like that you have to play with men. Okay, So one woman says to her, Well, I beat the men.
Speaker 1: They're not better or worse. It's a skill thing. She's like, just be better.
Speaker 4: Well, it's hard to be better because they're faster and stronger. Now I've told you this scary and women listening. You know I've lost to women.
Speaker 1: Of course you have.
Speaker 4: It's not about how hard you hit. It's the angles, the speed, drop shots. There's a lot more to pick a ball than pure you know, power whatever. So I'm like, oh, this woman, stop complaining. Right, everybody plays, everybody wins. The women win just as much as the men. Anyway, About ten minutes later, I'm on the court and I'm playing against her, and she's playing with a guy on her team who's very fast. So wherever I hit the ball, even if I hit it on her side of the court, if it gets past her, he's so fast he flies behind her and gets the ball.
Speaker 1: He's he's really ridiculously fast.
Speaker 4: So I realize I'm gonna have to start hitting the ball much harder so he can't get there in time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I slam a couple of balls. I hit them hard whatever.
Speaker 4: Then at one point there's a ball it's about six seven feet in the air, close to the net.
Speaker 1: I go up for it, I jump and I slam it like you're supposed to do. Scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hit the woman. It grazes her left arm. Now, when you leap up and slam, you can't be one hundred percent accurate. No, so I grazed her arm. Scary you would have thought I punched her family.
Speaker 1: Oh god, oh what? You hit me in the arm?
Speaker 4: I said, yeah, I'm sorry about that. Why do you have to slam? There's no need to slam the ball. Stop slamming the ball, I said, listen, I'm terribly sorry I hit you in the arm. I hope you're okay. But slamming the ball is part of the game, is part of it. You could have hit it gently. You could have hit it softer, I said. If I hit it softer, your partner would have gotten to it. I said, again, I'm sorry I hit you in there. This is why men shouldn't play with women, I said, no, your why men shouldn't play with women Because you're not a good sport.
Speaker 1: Men shouldn't play with you. The rest of the women here are wonderful. So are you picking fights on the pickle ball court?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, that's a fight in my neighborhood. She picked a fight with me.
Speaker 4: So then the woman I'm playing with I'm gonna try to I'm gonna try to do it like it sounded. The woman next to the woman I'm playing with says to walks up to the net and says, listen, honey, I grew up with three boys, with three brothers.
Speaker 3: They punched me, kicked me, pulled my hair. She says, you need to toughen up. And the woman says what she says, that's right, you need to tough it up. Why are you crying? Why are you crying? Lady?
Speaker 1: Why are you crying? So she came to defense. I go, yeah, she's right. Why your good.
Speaker 3: By the way, thank you for that story about out your food service, because I said, hey, let's do that, and you're like, you go to you said, you said, I want to hear all you. I want a story about how you got to I think you got into a fight. Said I clearly said, well I got into a fight to pick a ball. Well that's my new catsphrase.
Speaker 1: It's my new by the way. Uh A happy birthday, Henry Davidson. I think he. I think he turned sixty. Happy birthday. Yeah, where'd that come from?
Speaker 3: So shout out to my pick a ball play is But anytime anybody yells, just go while you crying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it, while you crying, that's it done. What you know you? I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you gotta feel about this one. But first of all, our friend com remember a friend Carla Marie. If you listened to the Big Show back in the day, you know you you remember Carla Marie and Anthony. And then they went off to Seattle. They did their own show, and now they're on Twitch and now they also do a morning show for Spotify. They are doing really well. They're well, they are engaged to be married and living in Seattle. So oh timeout, Yeah, I'm out, I means interrupted. Yeah, but you need to talk about where you were last night. Okay, go on with your story. So final, So Carl Mri gonna answer. So it's Carla Marie's bachelorette party weekend this weekend, So what are they doing? They got twenty girls partying in San Diego right now.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a bachelor party. Twenty girls sharing the same space and an Airbnb that they rented. Twenty girls. You don't think there's gonna be drama there.
Speaker 3: You don't think they're gonna be fighting for mirror space and getting ready and showers and bathrooms and stuff.
Speaker 1: How the hell you.
Speaker 3: Said if you said three girls, there would be drama right this twenty girls sharing a house now here, it's a huge house. But so that I want to hear all about it. I was actually gonna call her, but now she's three hours behind us that she may be hungover because they got there on Wednesday, so they're still going. But she did something David Brody on her Instagram story that I know you disapprove of, and yes, schmucks like me fell for and decided.
Speaker 1: To oblige.
Speaker 3: On Carla Marie's story. And by the time you all hear this, it's gonna be gone.
Speaker 1: So but she has a he she put on there, Carla Marie.
Speaker 3: Right here it is, you know, she put on her little you know, getting ready, going out partying, and then here it is, David Vernon. I'm trying to hold it up to the camera. I guess you're not going to see it. It is a link that says buy the bride of drink right there in her story. Look, I'm holding it up to the camera.
Speaker 1: Oh no, So she has this.
Speaker 3: Little link here, so when you click the link by the Bride of Drink. It goes right to her Venmo. So I'm like, oh, how cute. You know what, fuck it, I'm gonna buy the bride of drink. So I clicked the link and I venmoed her some money. So I bought, I bought. I bought their little bridal party a drink for the for her, you know, for her bechelorette.
Speaker 1: What do you think winding up?
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on slices Brody, Now, hold on, Brody. He has got his his face ponding. He's got his hand his head in his hand right now, and he's like he's scraping his.
Speaker 1: Fingers down his fucking face. And you're turning red because I know you're red. You're beat red right now.
Speaker 3: First of all, you know, she's not buying a drink with that money. She's gonna buy something.
Speaker 4: She's gonna buy an air conditioner with the supermarket He's gonna buy whatever she wants to buy.
Speaker 3: Listen, I love calling Marie and Antony. I love them both, but buy them a drink now, we I'm gonna buy you a drink.
Speaker 4: R T.
Speaker 1: Pain.
Speaker 3: But We've talked about this on this podcast before, where people work their birthday and it.
Speaker 1: Was like TikTok or girls on TikTok where they put up their Amazon.
Speaker 3: Whish list for Christmas, the holidays, or their birthday or special occasions.
Speaker 1: Oh, I want to buy this.
Speaker 3: Or or go fund me for that, or well, well this one here, this is my if my bacherette party. We're all partying right now.
Speaker 1: You're not here.
Speaker 3: You weren't invited, But buy me a drink. But I can't be invited because I'm a guy. Now, if I was in her friend's circle and i'm as a woman and I saw that link, I'd be go fuck yourself.
Speaker 1: You didn't invite me to your bachelorette party, Go suck it. But I'm a guy.
Speaker 3: I would never be invited to a bacheorette. And I'm like, if I was there at the bar with them, what would I do? I'd buy him a drink. Invited to the bachelor party.
Speaker 1: I'd buy him a drink. So what did I do? I donated one hundred dollars? What? Yeah, what kind of drink is one hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: Well, if you ki'd just buy one person to drink, you gotta buy you around the shots? So I wrote, okay, shots shots, shot shots, shot shots.
Speaker 1: Everybody. Yeah, hashtag scary makes too much money? What are you talking about? No, I don't. It was a nice gesture. Scary. Twenty bucks is a nice gesture. What Yeah, I know? What do you well? Because it's gonna bought two air conditions at the supermarket. There's twenty girls there. That's a dollar each, a dollar each, even twenty oh sorry, twenty girls. That's five dollars each, five bucks each, one hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: We're buying every girl at the part you will buy call the Maria drink, buy the bride and drink.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, maybe I bought her five drinks. Then, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's expensive out there. They went to some it's not one hundred dollars. You're buying Johnny Walker blue shots.
Speaker 1: What what's the matter? All right, I got a scenario for you.
Speaker 3: What's the matter? First of all, Brody, you call him Re's friend on Instagram? Yeah, did you see the story? I think her Instagram knew not to show me the story. They knew they weren't getting money.
Speaker 1: It's not part of your algorithm. It's not showing. It's not giving. It's not giving. No, it's not giving I'm part of my glgorithm, my palgarithms.
Speaker 3: It's a giving tree. Give her some money, Brodie, why don't you go click the link. You're calling on her wedding. You're coming to her wedding, right, We're all going on and I'm gonna give her a nice gift. And I have to buy a new suit because it's black tie to No, it's not even a black tie. It's a blackout. It's a blackout wedding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, which means I gotta buy I gotta buy a new suit, new shoes, what if maybe a new black shirt?
Speaker 1: What does it mean?
Speaker 3: Blackout? Blackout does mean? That means women have to wear black too. It's the opposite of your bedroom.
Speaker 1: That's a white out. Yeah. So, so you're not you're not gonna have a question. You're not gonna buy your drink.
Speaker 4: But what so I have a question. I'm not gonna buy your drink. So you tell me if this would be okay, slices, I want your opinion. I'm gonna tell you a story. And if you think this story is worthwhile, I want you to think about whether it's worth fifty cents for you or twenty five cents. If I tell you the story, You're like, we other stories worth twenty five cents. Okay, you let me know scary.
Speaker 1: I went to.
Speaker 4: A comedy show in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Yeah, okay, And I was supposed to go with my friend.
Speaker 1: And he was gonna drive. And the morning I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: The night before the show, he calls me and says, hey, man, I got COVID. My kid has COVID, my wife has COVID.
Speaker 1: I can't go. I feel like shit. So I couldn't get anybody to go with me.
Speaker 4: So now I'm driving myself to a show. He was going to drive, Yeah, okay, okay, who bought the tickets? Well, we each bought a ticket. You each bought a ticket, okay, yeah, but now he's out the ticket, so okay. So on the ticket on the ticket from the arena, it says show starts promptly at seven thirty, ninety minute show. On the comedian's website, ninety minute show. Show starts promptly at seven thirty. No, no opener, nothing, seven thirty start Yeah, now he had openers. The show starts seven thirty. Yep, lights out, let's go right, okay. So I get there at seven nineteen, I pull into the parking garage that's connected to the arena. Now it's a it's a city parking garage, but the arena tells you to park there. Yeah, and when you go down the elevator, you walk down a hallway right into the arenay.
Speaker 1: They're in business together.
Speaker 4: I walk in to my seat at seven twenty five and they say, everybody, turn your phones off.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: When I got into the garage, I have to scan a QR code, which I did, which takes you to way site and lets you prepay for parking. Now, if you're going to a show that's ninety minutes and it starts in ten minutes, Yeah, how much parking would you pay for.
Speaker 1: Two hours just to cover me? Okay, I paid for two hours just to cover me. Yep. Went into the show.
Speaker 4: I set the alert to alert me when there was fifteen minutes left in my parking and then went into the show and they say, please turn off your ringers and your vibrators and turn off your phones.
Speaker 1: So I turned off my notifications, yep, and I enjoyed the show.
Speaker 3: The show started at seven forty eighth, eighteen minutes late.
Speaker 4: The show that was going to start promptly at seven thirty. Please be in your seats promptly at seven thirty. Okay, the ushers show starts in three minutes.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Show starts in three minutes. Right, the show ran longer than ninety minutes. Oh so after the show, I go to my car, I get my car, and I drive out. There's no ticket because I prepaid on that. I'm like, oh, I was like twelve minutes late. Two hours and twelve minutes. Yeah, I get a parking ticket with photographs of my car. Guess how much scary?
Speaker 1: Ninety dollars? Oh, I don't know. Twenty dollars, fifty two dollars, fifty two dollars.
Speaker 3: But twelve minutes in a parking garage that I didn't deliberately fucked them over because they did.
Speaker 1: They started the show late and ran late.
Speaker 4: Right now is a question? Oh yeah, because I have an answer. Hold on, is the arena responsible? Is the comedian responsible? Or am I responsible? Since you and I both.
Speaker 3: Agreed two hours was enough for a ninety minute show that starts promptly at seven thirty. Well, first of all, I'll tell you who's not responsible, and that is the parking people. The parking people. Uh, two hours is two hours. Go fuck yourself. If you're over, you're over. We made a deal and you didn't live up to your end of the bargain, so it's not their fault. But but then my bar paid the parking.
Speaker 4: It would have been an extra I don't know, fifty cents you have to if I paid two No, give me a reasonable ticket ten dollars.
Speaker 3: No, not in their world, and their world that's reasonable. It's their rules, it's private. They can do what they want, so they're right. No, it's wrong for them to charge that much, but they still have a legal right to do it because it's their garage.
Speaker 1: Then you set the rule, it's not you. So now the attention turns over to uh, I think I.
Speaker 3: Think the comedian needs to reimburse you because or find out who decided to make him go on twenty minutes late and who put on the ticket.
Speaker 4: Show starts promptly at seven thirty. Now I have a question. That wasn't one of my best stories. But is it worth twenty five cents? The podcast is free twenty five cents. Yeah, it's worth twenty five cents. Okay, So in the spirit of call of Marie. Oh, we would set up a god, I'm gonna set up a go fundie and slices. If you think that story was worth twenty five cents, would you all donate twenty five cents to help me pay the fifty two dollars parking ticket.
Speaker 1: That's a fair request, right, But wait a second, this has made me one has to give me fifty two.
Speaker 3: Dollars by buy the co host a parking ticket. I'll put that on my Instact on a second, this is a call Marie one hundred bucks for nothing. No id is give it twenty five cents. This is a celebratory moment, not her birth This is a once in a lifetime thing. It's her bachelrette party. Hold on, first of all, that's why I don't give to birthdays or Christmases or holidays, because that shit happens every year. Yeah, okay, this is a once in a lifetime deal where she's getting married, a celebratory moment where she's like, oh my god, I'm here. I'm like, you know what, I'll buy you a drink or buy you around the drink party. Yeah, there's a bachelorette party of friends paid for. They're buying her drinks. She doesn't need another drink. She has for she asked for one, She asked for one. Okay, sense, you're no, But for you, you you fucked up. You put yourself in a bind. You're trying to dig yourself out of a hole. It's not a celebratory moment. This is hold on, listen, hold on, hold on a second. Uh, I need five hundred people. Yeah, contribute a dime to my gofundmeab Why should they? I didn't say they should. I'm saying, is that story? Is this argument worth ten cents of your time?
Speaker 1: Ten cents?
Speaker 3: Keep in mind, slices, we have, we have multiple, multiple, multiple thousands of people listening to the podcast the day it comes out. Yeah, all I need is five hundred people to give a dime to help brodie out. It doesn't have a job, Who got paid, who got charge of fifty two dollars? Why should they pay for your said sax situation? Because because why I should this little this little Michael is It's an injustice in the world to pay that much. But I'm saying, is it worth ten cents? No, this microcosm here, this little story is your story. But every single one of our slices have a story right now where they were put out, they got fucked over and then in the whole, So maybe you should pay them a dime. I'll give them a dime, all right, then there even nobody owes you anything. No, no, I'm saying five hundred.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: If every slice gave me a penny that listens to this podcast, I would have more than enough to pay.
Speaker 1: For this a penny.
Speaker 3: I understand if if, if, but why should you? You are not entitled to any of that. You are I didn't say it was entitled. I'm saying you're paying for the story. Is this story worth ten sets?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Is it shut the fuck up? Is me telling scared to shut the fuck up? More ten cents? You are? Oh, but call the Marie. You call him Marie's worth one hundred dollars for a drink. It's her bachelor red party. This is not like story.
Speaker 3: See a comedian alone and I had to drive because my friend got call.
Speaker 1: Poor you, poor you, You got yourself.
Speaker 3: But next thing you know you're gonna be I know you're gonna be asking the guy who had COVID who couldn't come to your show for the parking ticket because you weren't supposed to be driving.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea.
Speaker 3: I'll have to tell them what idie and scary?
Speaker 1: All right, I tell you. I gotta tell you about last night.
Speaker 4: The last break we just did before the commercials. Oh you want to have not set as of this episode, I have not set up or go fund me. I would like the slices to leave his talkbacks whether or not they would pay the dime or a quarter, And I'll do it. If cal the Marine get a hundred bucks for asking for a free drink when she's getting free drinks all weekend, I think it's fair to ask for help.
Speaker 3: I think the slices have my back. Love you, Slices. I appreciate it. Ten cents the price of a cup of coffee, as the.
Speaker 4: Old commercials used to say in the Arms of an Angel, David Brodie needs money for his parking ticket. Oh, just for ten cents the price of a tenth of a thirtieth of a cup of coffee, you can help David Brody pay for his parking I think that's fair. Right, Scary, No, Now, let me tell you about what happened, because people have been dming me.
Speaker 3: Did you go to the Wednesday wedding? Was that the Wednesday wedding? Because up on my story you saw my Wednesday wedding boom there it was so people were like, uh, the famous, the famous wedding that. Uh. I decided, mad, what are we gonna do? How do I treat this differently? Well, I gotta tell you one thing. I could see why they wanted this Wednesday wedding. When you have the wedding venue of your dreams already set to go, and you have your heart set on it and it's a fucking beautiful venue, then even I would have a wedding wind on a Wednesday. No, I gotta tell you that I'm not getting married anytime soon, and in fact maybe never, but I could tell you that this was it checked all the boxes, Brodie, it is. It is a bride's wet dream. Is it even possible?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: It is on a Wednesday, on a Wednesday with you for three They have a three year backup for Friday, Saturday, Sunday weddings.
Speaker 1: That's how popular this venue is.
Speaker 3: Went to the Park Chateau in East Brunswick, New Jersey, and Brody, you walk in there as a bride you are like you feel like you've been transported to a magic land. You you're certainly not in New Jersey anymore. You it's like you clicked your heels together, Dorothy. Because they've got the most beautiful grounds. They've got fountains and ponds and trees and colorful flowers everywhere. They have their own little church with a steeple like built on the property.
Speaker 1: If you open the doors, there are the people. Yeah, and you.
Speaker 3: They have a parlor with a piano, and like the venue itself, with the main room, the cocktail hour, and and the food exquisite. This passes the Scary Jones sniff test. Yes, all the food was amazing. Everything was amazing. It was outrageous. I have not had I've never looked forward to such, you know, to a to wedding food before you know, you know, you know how the the main course is always like an afterthought, like okay, yeah, yeah, the chateau beyond was beyond, the beyond was beyond beyond, and yeah, so I could understand why a bride would want to be there because everything is an Instagram picture, everything, every backdrop boom boom.
Speaker 1: Boom boom, hold on, hold on, did you write the check before you went or during.
Speaker 3: Before Okay, so did you write a Wednesday check, Saturday check or right or a or a oh my god, Paradise place check. I wrote a Saturday check because my friends and I we all had a little meeting of the minds, the five of us that are all on the same level friendship to this guy, and we're like, you know, what, what are you thinking? And we had like a little meeting, a little group chat meeting, and we all agreed on a number. And that number turned out to be more than I would have given for a Wednesday and con telling how much we know him on a black tie, blackout Saturday wedding.
Speaker 1: Pretty much, I was right in the zone of a Saturday wedding.
Speaker 4: But keep in mind, slices, he gave one hundred dollars to call him, I read to buy a drink.
Speaker 3: If this was this wasn't Saturday wedding at this venue and I gave what I gave, I would have felt embarrassed. I would have had up the ante a little bit, because this place is exquisite anyway.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there it was all right. Now I'm wondering if I can afford to go to call him. Ree's wedding on a Saturday, black tie. It's a blackout.
Speaker 1: Quick call her. We should probably call her. I want to know what a blackout wedding means.
Speaker 4: Let's do it next episode, because she's on her bachelorette thing is and she's like, yeah, she.
Speaker 3: Might be waking, waking, and Bay, I gotta see if she got money. I haven't gotten to thank you. I haven't gotten to thank.
Speaker 4: You yet because she's drinking. She's probably drinking you one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: I've been drinking. I've been drinking.
Speaker 3: We can talk to our next week, all right, next time? Yeah, no, but but anyway, Yeah, So I was tired, not got it before in the morning to work on Wednesday, didn't get any sleep, went right to the wedding at four in the afternoon with a full on ceremony, cocktail hour. The party ended at twelve thirty and then at I got we we left around eleven. I got home at midnight and I was I.
Speaker 1: Was in bed. I was dead, dead and in bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, well I got I got one last question for you before we get out of here. You said something a few minutes ago. Maybe the slice is picked up on it. But I have never never heard Scary Jones say this before. You said I'm not getting married anytime soon, probably never get married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think. I don't see myself till you're married, saying there's a child, get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: No, I just well, I never want to speak in absolutes because it always gets you're always smoking an absolute. I'm not getting married. You don't read into it.
Speaker 1: There's nothing there.
Speaker 3: All I know is you went to a great I think maybe you were thinking, no, this place might work. You might get married just for the Chateau Briond because it was beyond ben bathom, briyond to infinity and beyond. Hey, if if you're a if you're a flight attendant and you're listening to this podcast, could you and I don't know if you.
Speaker 1: Have to be listening to the podcast to hear you say that, Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're a flight attendant, do us a favor. Could you keep your your stories positive? What keep your stories positive?
Speaker 1: I was on a flight. Don't scare the passengers. I was on a flight.
Speaker 3: I guess I was going from niece Nope, Marseille to So you don't say Marseilles. I was going from Marseille to Katania Sicily to meet my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh, your poor best.
Speaker 3: And there was a flight attendant that took the seat behind me who was flying you know, one of those freebie flights where she just wanted to just get on a flight. She flew standby. So she was in a conversation with a passenger right behind me and next to me, and you would have freaked out, You would have left the plane. She was talking about play.
Speaker 1: Would I have done that? By the way, well, she was talking about plane crashes and negative things. Open the door. I'm getting out. She's talking.
Speaker 3: She wouldn't shut up about about plane crashes and how fascinated she was by all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was watching a movie about a plane crash on her phone. You don't do that, yeah, can we? I don't know if any of the major airlines do this, but I.
Speaker 3: Really hope they wouldn't offer any film that has anything to do with plane crashes. Let's just let's get that out there right now. You know, because Delta, United American, all the.
Speaker 4: All of our airlines back in the seventies, remember all the airplane disaster films, Airport, airport, seventy five airport.
Speaker 1: I don't need whatever I show those on airplane. I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pretty sure they don't. But if you're a flight attendant, I know you you've clocked in thousands of miles and hours. You remember when that plane flipped over It was in Toronto and yeah over, that was on the news live.
Speaker 1: They showed that on the planes. Anybody watching the news on the planes saw that. I guess you can't help those moments.
Speaker 3: But if you're a flight attendant, don't tell plane crash stories to other passengers.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Yeah, that's not right us. It was just an observation. I just being in a restaurant and the chef's telling food port and stories. I had it.
Speaker 3: Oh this one time I had a tuner out, So yeah, that just there was a little little thing that happened there. So I wanted to point that out. That and and my boy getting bamboozled for buying a fake La Boo boo on the beach. Why was he buying a real laboo boo? Well, his girlfriend wanted a la Boo boo. It's always wanted one. And you remember the time that I was in Uh, it was in Marbella, and I was on the beach. We told fake Bontclairs, the fake Montclair bathing suit. Well, oh well, uh called tre montfree Montclair or whatever. We were on the beach, me and Danny connections and and and Danny connections and I. So we were on the beach and we were they were selling. They were selling La Boo boos. They were selling La Boo boos, and you know, and they and I'm looking, and then Danny's like, you know, my girlfriends always wanted one of those. So I'm like, oh, okay, well don't buy here. And he goes goes you know what? He excuse me, sorry, how much of those? The guy comes over. Sure enough, he's got all the box. He's got closed boxes of La Boo boos. And there's certain things that you look for in the box to make sure that it's real. The box looked real. He looked looked real to Danny. Danny's like, all right, this is awesome. All right, you know what I'm gonna buy him? And it was like some some stupidly low price, like twenty bucks for a La Boo boo. I said, bro do not, I said, I'm telling you there's something fucked up about this buying buying a la boo boo on the beach in a random country in France. I think you're asking for trouble.
Speaker 1: Was it let boo boo? La boo boo? You know about the la booo in France, yelly little but you know.
Speaker 3: About the lea boo boo situation, right, you gotta make it a friends joke, booboo let boo boo.
Speaker 1: Well he made a let boo boo.
Speaker 3: He made a let boo boo and also buy a Colex watch for buying a little boo boo because he texted me yesterday he goes, hey, I gave the labuobuo to my girlfriend, opened it up, opened up the box.
Speaker 1: Sure enough, it's a fake.
Speaker 3: Oh big surprise. Yeah, so that's nothing. That's a nothing burger right there, because we knew that it was going to be here.
Speaker 4: Has ever been a painter? I need you to leave us a talk back to confirm that you've done this. Don't tell me you didn't do it, because that's that's boring. You know how, sometimes and I know this is a fact, because a painter told me he did this. You know that sometimes bars will put cheap liquor in expensive bottles, like they'll put the well vodka in a you know, in a Stolely bottle or whatever, so you think you're getting Stolely, which is highly I know for a fact.
Speaker 1: I know for a fact. Gary.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying your guys did it, but some guys put cheap paint in Benjamin Moore paint cans and pass it off as Benjamin Moore paint.
Speaker 1: A La Labubu story, So it's possible. I'm not saying it is. It's possible you got shit paint in your room. No, my guys would not fuck me over that way.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't really, they wouldn't get Benjamin Moore labels and slap them on generic cancer paint. Well, first of all, they actually hooked it up, so I'm good they didn't. I didn't pay for the paint, you know, it's part of the well, that's because it's probably not real.
Speaker 1: It's real. No, he goes to the hardware store, he buys the paint. It's all good. We good.
Speaker 4: Are you on with him when he bought it? No, was Benjamin Morris spelled m O r E. No, m o r you eb you bastard. You really you just really like like picking at me, don't you.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you. If people do this, no I'm not saying they don't, but not these guys. I think we're good. You got you got, I bet you got glittend. All right, I'm done with you. I have to I have to go.
Speaker 3: Well, I have to go.
Speaker 1: I have to go put my clothes back in my drawers. I thought you said you're gonna have to go propose.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I got well, I got, I got this, I got furniture, I got furniture coming up. Everything I got, I got, I got stuff to do today. All right, I love Let's put that, Let's put the couch cushions back, and whatever is.
Speaker 1: Else behind you over there. Yeah, it's terrible. I can't wait. Hey, I may stop flying later. Okay, I'll see you soon. You coming drinks on me? You already spent all your money on Call him a rine. Boys, boys,