Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Selective Ignorance. However, before we get to this week's episode, I want to remind you guys to purchase my book No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power. So feel free to go to your local bookstores preferably queer owned, black owned, or woman owned to support them, but also just click the button on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, or wherever you read your books.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: That is No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power written by yours truly and my co host of the Decisions Decisions podcast, Weezy.
Speaker 3: Make sure y'all get that. Now let's get to this week's episode. This is Mandy B.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Selective Ignorance, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and Iart Radio. Welcome guys to another episode of Selective Ignorance with you girl, me Mandy B. And today we are getting ignorant rents. That's right, We're starting off with sharing what my super producers decided to do during Black History Month. Oh yeah, I'm coming and telling you guys what took place over the week, along with us.
Speaker 3: Possibly taking it back. That's right.
Speaker 1: We're doing double down or take it back on our take on Michael Jordan last week with the viral video of him allegedly just shaking some ice cubes out of a Little Boys shirt.
Speaker 3: We're getting into it.
Speaker 1: And then, and this is not a sports podcast, did y'all know that the WNBA season may be canceled?
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: We're talking about why it may be canceled, our thoughts around whether the WNBA players may or may not be asking for too much, and what the pushback is around paying the women.
Speaker 3: What they need to be paid.
Speaker 1: And this is America. We're getting into healthcare, that's right. Over the last week, quite a few celebrities have started gofundmes due to their health crisis, and the internet is not having it. Anyone who is not a celebrity is just like, why are we paying these millionaires any money? Don't they have money? Shouldn't they be more responsible with their money? Why do we need to help them cover any healthcare bills if they're millionaires?
Speaker 3: Good question?
Speaker 2: But is it?
Speaker 3: Then not sure?
Speaker 1: If you're aware of Captain Dourrag, you will be at to this episode. And then, of course, in celebrities say the darness things. It is fifty cent versus the world firstus, everybody. And when we say that, he is not only battling Jim Jones, but he is now in a beef that I think is going a little bit too far with the King of the South. T I buckle up, because baby, we got some takes.
Speaker 3: And you might laugh just a little bit.
Speaker 1: You might get mad just a little bit, but sit with your thoughts and don't get mad at us.
Speaker 3: It's selective ignorance. And I am joined.
Speaker 2: By my Superfred.
Speaker 4: It sad gang gang gang, gang gang.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: Y'all already know we got journalism. Jason stuck in the blizzard up in Jersey.
Speaker 4: Now crazy out here? You see me. I'm bundled up. It's cold in my basement. It's crazy out here.
Speaker 3: I mean, are you not paying your light bills? Like Jim Jones?
Speaker 4: Like my house? My house, My house, My house is blanketed by twenty inches of snow that isn't still It's still cold in here, and.
Speaker 2: Here I go.
Speaker 3: I just want you to go outside and make some snow angels.
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 4: I might not make it. I might not make it back. It's crazy, then.
Speaker 3: Of course, is podcast.
Speaker 5: Oh g a key, don't don't be mad because I'm about to tell them what your black black history much?
Speaker 2: Yo. Wow, this is a lot that was loaded. I know you're friends.
Speaker 6: You say, said, with your black ass and black history, you see how the light in the world.
Speaker 3: Man, Wait a second, so I can't say black ass.
Speaker 6: You said the beat the emphasis of it's crazy.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, don't do that.
Speaker 1: And then of course I'm joined by the headline king and himself, Jason Jolie.
Speaker 2: Pop lesson all. Yeah, niggas with over over with up. Listen. It's the last week of Black History Month, it is, and these niggas that.
Speaker 6: Took all I have no more patience happened. I'm just I feel like angry black man today. I feel like what they do to you, we're gonna talk about it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm mad at everything. Angry black man today.
Speaker 2: Have jokes, angry black man.
Speaker 3: I'm here for the jokes. I'm here for the joke now.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: This week, my lovely friends joined me, not Jason, because Jason was preparing for this.
Speaker 4: I saw the text messages and I know what was happening. I was like, like, I didn't get no invite I was gonna make my ignorant take. I was like, Yo, these mothers inviting people. I don't even know what's happening. When I saw the pictures, I was like, ah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, see there.
Speaker 3: I wasn't gonna expect you to fly.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let me know though I couldna let me know.
Speaker 3: It was intimate. It was intimate.
Speaker 1: So basically, guys, I am on the cover of the.
Speaker 3: Magazine which relaunched Thank You.
Speaker 1: It's a double cover, but they honored me for being the trailblazer that I.
Speaker 3: Am in media and it was really dope.
Speaker 2: It was. So it's a double cover feature.
Speaker 1: So they had me from the media side, and then they had Oji Parker on the production.
Speaker 3: Yeah for you know Atlanta.
Speaker 2: No Oj Parker job. That's Atlanta culture.
Speaker 7: That is Oh that's.
Speaker 6: But before we go ahead, many on more covers as a as.
Speaker 2: A non et alien.
Speaker 6: Right then at aliens an cover in the short amount of time she's been in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? They gotta be mad.
Speaker 1: I gotta shoot next week for a third one coming again.
Speaker 2: Success you see that?
Speaker 1: I mean, I will say coming down to Atlanta has been great, Like I love it. I love that I get so much respect in the streets for what I do, especially being in New York for thirteen years. But what I also noticed is like these the atl shakers and movers don't give New York shakers and movers. Like when I was out in I think I mentioned it last week, like or I don't know if it was off camera, but when I was out in LA for All Star. Anytime I do anything right, it could be Essence, it could be All Star, it could be south By Southwest, it could be dream Bill. Every time I go somewhere, it feels like, God damn it, New York followed me New York. Everyone from New York is here. I go to these events, and the movers are shakers in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: They don't really live. They either don't leave Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Or they don't have they don't have the Jenna Sequah to get into the things outside of Atlanta.
Speaker 3: They're like their face cards, ain't they face cards elsewhere?
Speaker 1: So it's been interesting that when I was expecting to now see Atlanta everywhere, Atlanta don't leave Atlanta. And I really wish that they would realize, like, as a mover and shaker, you kind of got to get out of here, to meet the people, to get into certain rooms.
Speaker 3: And Atlanta ain't the world.
Speaker 1: But we'll talk about Atlantic culture and a little bit before we get there, we have to bring up what Atlantic culture is to me, and it is the strip club.
Speaker 3: So following my cover release party, the people were hung the people listen.
Speaker 4: People were hungry. I was a couple of places, what Jason I said, the people are hungry. There's a couple of places you can go to late at night.
Speaker 2: Late night places to grab a bike, and.
Speaker 4: Atlanta there's like two places to go. One of them.
Speaker 3: You thought I was feeding niggas eggs and waffles.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 4: That's one place you ain't going.
Speaker 1: I have a bougie palette, even though I did just end up getting limon pepper wings. But listen, here we go, we get to we get to Cheetah and pretty much everybody came, so it was like twelve of us. And I look over and I get so excited because I look over to my right now. Mind you, A King and Joe are sitting at the table, they eating their food, and I'm like, y'all, there she goes and it's the white lady who moved her kitties.
Speaker 3: So slightly you feel me?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: It's twenty dollars for her little things, but y'all had no cash, so I asked my homegirls. I said, bitch, I need twenty dollars. I need to do this for my niggas. I said, I need them to experience this.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I do know it's like history months and this is a white woman, but the talent.
Speaker 2: I don't say, you know, you're right, had he made a choice, but the talent.
Speaker 1: So anyways, I call her over to the table, and I don't want to say I go, because that's crazy. I did ask for y'all. I said, y'all want to take shots out these titties. I then also said you kind of have to.
Speaker 2: I already paid for them as as a result. Okay, but real quick, for somebody.
Speaker 4: Who wasn't there, can you explain which shot the titties? Explain that for somebody who wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Okay, assume that no one was there.
Speaker 1: And based on my description from a couple of episodes ago, how did how do y'all explain.
Speaker 3: The woman with the titties?
Speaker 6: It was a I I'll let you go first, okay, So first thing, I say, is that.
Speaker 2: The way like Manny was super excited. She was super super she said, oh yeah you go.
Speaker 3: I'm like me, we're on y'all.
Speaker 6: But in the moment, I'm like and I'm I'm totally not even looking that way.
Speaker 2: Right. I saw it, but I didn't see it. Yeah, it wasn't on my mind.
Speaker 6: Like other tale that was allegedly out there, I'm like, oh who she she She did look different.
Speaker 2: Than it used to look. She didn't always have talent, but like that lady didn't.
Speaker 6: The first thing that struck me was that that lady didn't look as old as I thought that you described her ass. Now, granted, what I told a king is that like for an older looking white woman, she looked she had a didn't have an old ass face.
Speaker 8: But the hands always tell you the truth. Yeah, the hands always say you true.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, the hands, and they canna tell you exactly what's going on.
Speaker 8: So like when she came over there, as soon as she grabbed a little vial, the shot that I looked that said, okay, there they go about.
Speaker 2: The year like bathing. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like that lady was probably like she was probably early sixty, good energy, good energy, very happy, to do her job, extremely happy to do her job, but like a king was the most excited, so he went first.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, definitely was not.
Speaker 6: I had the same expression she had when the homeboy proposed to her, don't do that around, hey, Jason. I was looking around, like who's watching this ship going? I'm like okay, And then I'm like all right. The way her ship was moving like she had ultra muscles and her ship. But then I saw how she didn't really have no hotel. I said, all the muscles went straight to the skip leg day.
Speaker 2: It was cool.
Speaker 4: Look so so a king as somebody who want first? Did you did your mouth go on the titty? Well for somebody who wasn't.
Speaker 2: There, I'm a guarf hair and black man.
Speaker 3: Didn't you take it through from between her titties?
Speaker 2: No? I didn't take it. She she had like she kind of leaned in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she had mechanical mechanical doing it, like I didn't touch anything, like it was just me.
Speaker 3: She doesn't have a mechanical way of doing it.
Speaker 6: I did pick the I picked You had the different You had to elect which shot you wanted. You had some say you had to pick with titty you have I'm gonna get each but I picked the Don Julio. I think it was Don Julio passion fruit shot. Let me get that, and it was cool.
Speaker 1: Don't make it any better that you drank out of white titties this month.
Speaker 6: Say what makes it even worse. I didn't realize after the fact the shot that I took. They both had like little spears and little candies on them, and I took the shot, and then I realized after the fact that I took the shot they had the watermelon candy, and I was like, this had that ship like I'm taking I'm eating watermelon out of white titties on Like, if you want to double down, that's fucked up.
Speaker 2: She got to be like black men.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's crazy, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: That's a happy black history for somebody had a gang man and I'm yelling at gay gang.
Speaker 3: Know it was a good time.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that. By the way, when me a King and John go out together, we have time. Yeah, we were buying bottles and got l we got wasted.
Speaker 3: Kissen, you actually need to bring your ass down.
Speaker 6: To talk about the entire experience. So Jason, come down. How you ended up being dad Jason experienced in Atlantic culture.
Speaker 1: Well this I want to get into that. Oh do you want to get into that? So basically I would. We had two tables, we had twelve people, and so I'm over there eating my lemon pepper wings and and next thing I know, I look.
Speaker 3: Up and baby Shot and my other homeboy are like.
Speaker 2: What I say?
Speaker 3: And it's sorry. That was just quiet and this is an audio experience.
Speaker 1: They had their hands and hands and when I was like, I was like, damn, it's like they into an intense conversation over there. Let me go over there and make sure everything okay. And when I got over there, trying to hear that ship Niggas was in a debate as to whether Atlanta has culture. Mind you, the debate is coming from someone who is from New Orleans.
Speaker 6: Correct, That's actually how it started, yes, because I don't remember what the thing was said, but I was like, I was like, I love New Orleans. I just hate the Saints, like we don't, we don't, we don't we like we hate them.
Speaker 2: That's what we do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's what we do. And he was like, as soon as he said he was from New Orleans, I was like, oh, all right, well okay, and we started little back and forth about the Saints and the Falcons. But then he was like, Atlanta doesn't have any culture. And I was like, Atlanta doesn't have any culture.
Speaker 2: I'm like the place where Martin Luther King was born, I don't have no culture.
Speaker 1: Like keep going, we had outcasts and culture.
Speaker 4: You currently distribute the majority of the culture across the Black America.
Speaker 6: We've been giving out the cultures twenty years, like what.
Speaker 2: So then I said that was one thing.
Speaker 6: The thing that that really locked me in was he was like, I said something about t I and he was like, oh, that's not real music.
Speaker 8: Though yeah, he said, that's not real music. Though yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: I like, he's all right, but that's not like one of the great rappers of all times.
Speaker 3: Wait, did y'all get into them, because if Orleans he's master.
Speaker 2: P, he's way. But they didn't go in that. That wasn't even it was.
Speaker 6: It was just they just pull a dick out at the same time, basically big calls. But at that point, because first of all, Joe's eating steak, so I'm watching him like, damn, you gotta enjoy the steak though, Oh yeah, this nigga.
Speaker 2: He's in there taking his little bites here and there. But yeah, but I also.
Speaker 3: Loved that you were considerate and got the.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah, and as a sirlo on that.
Speaker 2: And we'll get to that. Are we gonna? I think we should quickly?
Speaker 3: Okay, only because I did.
Speaker 2: Talk to Ish and he.
Speaker 3: So real quick, y'all. I am announcing here that when I go out.
Speaker 1: Moving forward, yep, splitting the belt, everyone is taking their own belt. So I agree, because everyone came to celebrate me, right, So I'm like, let's go to Cheetah. It's a five hundred dollars minimum for the table. I've gone twice with that five hundred dollar minimum and don't make it. So I'm like, okay, like everyone eat, you know, everyone get food, and everyone get a drink. Two of the people weren't even drinking, so I was like, okay, nigga, the bill come out, it's twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: Who I said, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Mind you?
Speaker 1: Mostly everybody is my friend, you have your partner and another one of my homeboys brought one of one of his partners. Because it's just a bit cheap fucksuoah somebody, he knows somebody, and the twelve people that was at the two tables was sanctioned.
Speaker 2: It was that one first, right, there was an interloper.
Speaker 1: The interloper, I said, let me see the receipt. Ooh, the interloper.
Speaker 3: Two hundred and fifty dollars worth of food.
Speaker 1: She ordered it almost it almost made me feel bad for niggas for this long. And when I say niggas, I mean black men specifically. They get taken advantage of when they go out on dates with women who probably.
Speaker 2: Don't have groceries in the refrigerator. I did so.
Speaker 1: She ordered a seventy dollars steak, thirteen dollars fries, a fifteen dollars salad, and you're ready.
Speaker 2: You want to know the.
Speaker 1: Cherry on top two double reposodal lemon drops that were forty dollars apiece thirty eight.
Speaker 3: There were I guess nineteen times. Bro no home.
Speaker 2: There is another element.
Speaker 6: She never said nothing to Mandy or anybody whole night.
Speaker 1: And then I found out she had an attitude with my best friend to even pass her menu. Didn't speak to me the whole night. Didn't mind you by the time she got done eating, she left the table. I think to try to find another nigga in the strip club.
Speaker 3: Because she was gone from that table.
Speaker 1: Mind you hold on you ready, And the King brought it to my attention later, bitch, there was the only people with doggy bags.
Speaker 2: I didn't know she had.
Speaker 6: That's crazy, when I tell you, I was so.
Speaker 1: I was a little upset by this, but then I talked to about it, and then it made me just feel like, and I'm sorry, my homeboy ain't a real nigga. And that's all that is because my homeboy should have been like, here, here goes some money. But also just let me know, hey, she's on a date with your homeboy. That's he's probably acted as if his nigga was gonna cover it anybody. So where I felt away like, bitch, how dare you? I also realized I was just getting the experience of of a woman who feels entitled when she's out with a man.
Speaker 3: And because it was on my bill, he should have picked up.
Speaker 2: To get here. All so now we go out.
Speaker 6: Well, Also, don't don't if you many you are so generous, not anymore. I'm walking around with a takeup shaking it it's hard to read the room when you're when you're having a good time, You're like, yo, were going over here.
Speaker 2: I got this, but everybody's hearing I got this.
Speaker 3: But it meant a lot to me too. Like it's a Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Everyone that I invited, you weren't in town or bitch, I would have expected you to be there. I'm talking to y me, but literally everyone that I invited did show up. So a part of me was.
Speaker 3: Like, be here for only a year.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, I really got community to hear that supports me, that shows up, and I didn't know that I would have that so soon here in Atlanta, Like yeah, I have my friends here, but like to support me on some industry shit.
Speaker 3: That meant a lot.
Speaker 6: Well, that's part of the Atlantic culture's showing people they eat you out of house too.
Speaker 1: Well yeah overall, Oh yeah, it was it was great. I am glad that y'all were able to brothers.
Speaker 2: To have Yeah. No, we shook hands afterwards. Everything was cool. It wasn't gonna get the handshake too.
Speaker 6: I'm like, but jobs, Like, what's his argument against Atlanta? So his thing was basically he was like, oh, I'm in Louisiana, and I'm my great great great grandmother can tell me where we're from and.
Speaker 2: The things we do loopy woop the whoop.
Speaker 6: And I'm telling him, like, my first thing before we even got into like arts and music and all that shit, was like, Bro, you know that Atlanta burned to the ground in the Civil War?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: You know we had to build this bitch back up from scratch in the eighteen sixties.
Speaker 3: Do you know about lake?
Speaker 2: Do you know what happened in a lot of these places?
Speaker 6: They tore down all of this shit and within one hundred years it was back to being a thriving city that hosted the Olympics. The nigga tried to tell me the Olympics was in ninety two. I said, no, Nigga was in ninety six. No, no, no, I think it was in ninety two. I said, Bro, how long have you been here?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Like like he went to school here, right, yeah, it was a more house. I'm like, all right, what I'm not gonna lie. Maybe that's not long enough for you to understand the history of the place you at because like, oh, there was nothing there before the Olympics. Pike Lee made school days in nineteen eighty eight about more House and a fictitious more House.
Speaker 1: That's what I was like, More House, More House, like I ain't gonna hold you, baby, I would.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna say it.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I would never date a more House man.
Speaker 9: Scared.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, those are different type of.
Speaker 2: No. No, no, no, no no. It's almost created like what was the name was?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you know you have Hoteps, you have FBA's, you have Israelites.
Speaker 3: Then you have more house men.
Speaker 4: Keep going, this is this is gonna be a clich so tell me what.
Speaker 2: You mean.
Speaker 1: I just think that Morehouse does some sort of brainwashing.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what type of classes are there.
Speaker 1: I think there's an under there's a tunnel underground where they walk in with a whole bunch of black hoods and they become a part of a brotherhood that literally turns them into different types of people.
Speaker 2: More housemen. I was my.
Speaker 1: First boyfriend was a Morehouse man, and they just operate a little differently.
Speaker 2: Was he was he Greek to Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was a Kappa.
Speaker 2: That's when I have a whole other thing.
Speaker 6: I know, I know a lot of her friends of Kafas.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know what.
Speaker 2: I really don't know what that means. If you had to go to TCU or would you who would you go to? What's cool man? Oh?
Speaker 3: I did? I?
Speaker 2: Did you want to go to FAM? Honestly don't know.
Speaker 1: I would want to go to Howard. He's like one of my favorite things. And then you you for sure to meet a man that's gonna even make money after that, Like I feel like Howard, you know, Birth's the most men. Maybe they got the monies, but yeah, no more housemen.
Speaker 3: I I genuinely believe, like.
Speaker 1: I said, like you have the Israelites that say you got the Niggas with Koopie and then you got the more.
Speaker 4: House So for the people, for the people who are listening though, yeah, we're doing a spectrum. Who's in the middle, who's to the left of the right of those three groups?
Speaker 1: He said, Okay, so you have hold on. Let's let me let me listen out the groups.
Speaker 2: Right. You have the hotels, Black history is something else.
Speaker 3: Okay, you have the hoteps.
Speaker 2: You have.
Speaker 3: I have to I have to throw in here. The Harlem Muslims, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I gotta throw them in there. That was they.
Speaker 3: You have the FBAs then you have housemen.
Speaker 4: How I don't know what the more housemen did to be.
Speaker 1: It's not scared to me though, I mean you could also maybe add the flat earthers on that list, like that's where more House like more housemen aligned to where the education is top tier for sure. They just think so differently of themselves and of each other, and they separate themselves from the rest of black men.
Speaker 3: Often like they are more housemen.
Speaker 2: They're not Black men brotherhood, they're not.
Speaker 3: They're not even they're not African Americans. They lose their whole identity because they.
Speaker 6: Become the outside looking at it was like a different type of brotherhood amongst.
Speaker 2: Because a male school.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's all male schools, so I think that they get to.
Speaker 3: Dip and dabble with Spelman. But yeah, they just they different.
Speaker 6: But I think going to Morehouse has a certain like I asked it was it was old boy Greek. But it's like I feel like if you go to more House, that is its own thing before you even played something else.
Speaker 2: It's like I went to Morehouse, that just means something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's almost similar. When you start your you're a man of Morehouse, and when you graduate, you become a more house man.
Speaker 3: But not only It's like.
Speaker 1: Living in Atlanta now, it's like you're out, you're at a bar, you get a drink, you get introduced.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm Mandy. Hi, I'm Brandon. I'm a morehouse man.
Speaker 1: It's like immediately, like god damn, thanks for introducing you.
Speaker 3: It's their identity.
Speaker 2: They want you to know.
Speaker 4: Before we go on the opinions expressed on this podcast.
Speaker 6: So Jason, just one more, one more, one more edition to the to the Job versus New Orleans. While Homeboy was going back and forth with joh you know what he was doing. Jo was eating steak. The other homie was eating his best and about telling me about Yo yo fail, and I was I was buing because they came. They came to the table with the box and being I was like, oh, they got beys and but yeah, he had to put He's talking to John crazy and then he puts the sauce on top. I'm like, this is amazing.
Speaker 4: Get out of here.
Speaker 3: I'm not playing.
Speaker 6: Came from French people, by the way, and all.
Speaker 2: That came from colonizers.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: You know, he said to me, said, yo, y'all do the pie with her.
Speaker 6: So now he want to make sure he knows who's what's going on when everybody warning that we that we that we made because.
Speaker 4: They got culture. But Atlanta definitely has culture.
Speaker 3: No, Atlanta has culture.
Speaker 6: I mean there's certain places that you know, just established. There's not even nothing to I was waiting for you to be like, Nigga, why you here, Nigga? No, No, there is supporting all of that was in Atlanta period.
Speaker 2: Why did you what? What was it? What was it about? You want to come? There must have been there. It must have been something he wanted to get a taste of.
Speaker 4: You came some culture.
Speaker 3: Let's get into our double down er.
Speaker 2: Take it back.
Speaker 3: Last week.
Speaker 1: We did have some thoughts, which, by the way, guys, the video had just dropped, so context we didn't have anything. Now we did clip it up, Jason, if you could play the clip to remind people of our take on the viral m J video from.
Speaker 3: It was the Toona five hundred right or something?
Speaker 2: It was a race. It was it was a race.
Speaker 3: Sorry, this is not a sports podcast.
Speaker 2: This is not a sports podcast. But I don't think this is gonna last that long. Why shouldn't.
Speaker 6: But it's like because The question is is does the mainstream media sports are otherwise?
Speaker 2: Do they have it to go after Michael Joe Hard And.
Speaker 4: I don't think they do if he was an owner, still maybe maybe everything.
Speaker 1: On top of that in no decade was that an appropriate interaction between a grown up whatever.
Speaker 2: Everybody coming for us too? You know why we're gonna still buy them Jordan's when they dropped.
Speaker 3: It depends the color.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna I'm looking at everybody feats.
Speaker 4: Here right now, over there, I definitely got Jays.
Speaker 2: Make sure they clean? Are they still clean?
Speaker 4: You know, it's crazy. I got Jordan's slippers on right now, so that's even wild.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: And by the way, me and a king are wearing Jays today. I got my Travis Scott song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should have trolled the whole end. I don't know why I didn't think about that. Now crazy.
Speaker 1: Since then, the update was and the heavy sentiments were, how dare we go immediately to thinking that this, this man, this black esteemed man with all these cameras around him, would do some pedophilia type of shit?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Where are our minds that we thought that?
Speaker 1: They also came out and said that allegedly he was dumped with ice cubes down his back, and so the little boy and so MJ was shaking.
Speaker 3: Out the ice cubes.
Speaker 1: Now, you know how people live in different worlds, Apparently we also have different eyes and different you know, what was the thing that we borrowed?
Speaker 3: Is it a gold dress or a blue dress?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where the fuck was the ice cubes? Because people said they saw ice cubes fall out.
Speaker 4: Of that little bit. I kind of do see. It looks like it looks like it there's a wet patch and it looks like there's a bundle, So I can believe it at the end when he starts pinching towards his leg, a yo, but it does look I think I think I might be an ice cube truther. I think I do see.
Speaker 3: You're an ice cube truther.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need, I need, I need a ten foil beanie. I think I think I see what I see. I think I see an ice cube packed there.
Speaker 6: So why wasn't it presented to us in the initial video that that's what it was?
Speaker 2: Because apparently it's just a who's gonna seeah exactly is what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Like we wanted to look at it as this powerful man because of what we're seeing with Epstein files and everything else, that he liked Little.
Speaker 4: Bull in February after Michael Jordan's one of the greatest black at least we've ever seen and had. And in February, y'all want to go after him because y'all can't see the ice. Yeah I can't.
Speaker 2: Well, here's my thing about it.
Speaker 6: I don't even really give a fuck about the ice, like ice or no ice. To me, that ship just looks weird. You're not going to convince me that it doesn't look weird. Like I was saying Michael Jordan could go to prison. I wasn't saying Michael Jordan's should go to hell. I'm saying that ship look crazy, like you're grabbing at a young boy's bumper multiple times aggressively and then rubbing his leg Like. That ship just looked weird, dog, And it doesn't matter what your intent was, it looked crazy. I wouldn't do that ship a parent from the time. If it's icing his shirt shake shak.
Speaker 3: You should it was a T shirt.
Speaker 6: Still, yeah, still grab your I don't have to reach at your fucking ass like this.
Speaker 2: Here's my thing.
Speaker 1: If Jordans had a relationship with the parents. I'm just mad that no one came.
Speaker 4: Forward to defend.
Speaker 1: Him and say it wasn't that my son is okay, my son doesn't feel violated that he's been around or like to me, there was just no defense to the actions what the video was, and so that's where to me, I still don't know what.
Speaker 3: I don't know what happened. I ain't he no ice cube.
Speaker 2: So guess what that means that we're still going away at Jordan's.
Speaker 1: Oh, I said, it depends on the colorway. Look, I got mine own today.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I got mine on today.
Speaker 1: Speaking of sports though. Oh by the way, so what are we doing? Are we double down or taking it back? I think it's fifty.
Speaker 2: Fifty Yeah, I think I think.
Speaker 3: It's an asterisk. We'll come back to.
Speaker 4: You raised a good point. We have to know who the kid is, if that's like his man's son, and I feel like it changes things.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I know a guy. I thought, Look, I'm trying to find it right now.
Speaker 6: I thought there was a guy that came out and says, I don't know if he was the kid's father, the friend or friend of the father.
Speaker 2: I was trying to say that what the guy was saying. But someone did come out and defend him because I didn't see.
Speaker 4: Does that mean he's an asshole? Nobody defends him, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I mean, right, because he's the owner of the of the team that won.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's into that ship to the race.
Speaker 3: Look y'all said, who gives a funck?
Speaker 4: Who gives a ship?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of sports, because of course this is not a sports podcast, but the WNBA season may be canceled, So the twenty twenty six sub NBA season faces potential disruption or delay due to intense ongoing labor negotiations. We kind of spoke about that a bit at the top of this podcast. Based on how the WNBA has been performing or outperforming the previous seasons.
Speaker 3: There's a lot more money coming in, there's a lot more.
Speaker 1: Visibility on the league, and basically the tensions remain high as players seek better compensation and benefits, while the league has raised concerns about the financial implications of the proposals. Now, the negotiation deadline is approachent approaching, and NBA Commissioner Adam Silver has not yet set a formal deadline, but urged urgency now. Currently the status is a workstoppage is possible because both sides are still negotiating to finalize a deal as a bid February.
Speaker 3: As of two day, the season does.
Speaker 1: Remain scheduled to begin in May, but it's changing rapidly because a lot of the players are seemingly looking to boycott and to not play until these contracts are negotiated. Now not to spend too much time here, because this will be an ongoing thing over the next couple over the next couple months that we can lean into. I do think it's interesting to me from a business perspective that league has been in the red for a long time. We are just getting to a place where it's getting just as much recognition, not just as much.
Speaker 4: It's getting a lot.
Speaker 8: They've had exponential growth from twenty twenty four to right now, and.
Speaker 1: So to me, I think where yes, I think people should be paid living wages or what they're owed. Y'all also know, I don't think that at any point employees could go to a company and be like, Ooh, so y'all made more money, or y'all, y'all are trading at a higher cost give me a raise. I think that there's just still so much of the bottom line that it has to get to a place before you see that.
Speaker 3: Like, it was interesting to.
Speaker 1: Me because Jason David arn was the commissioner going back to my era, knowing the money that Tracy McGrady and Alan Iverson, Steve Kurk, like, knowing what like players made in even the early two thousands compared to now astronomically different. Those guys were making twenty million, forty million dollar contracts.
Speaker 3: The guys now have three hundred.
Speaker 10: Million dollar contract What can I do my journalism, Jason thing now go ahead. Ye, So there's a couple of things that I want to say for the context of this, right, Like the so the WNBA is owned by the NBA, So the NBA runs it as a business. So when we say it's not profitable, it's not because of the WNBA, it's because of the NBA.
Speaker 4: Right and so right now, the argument that most most people will see online, yes, is that the NBA makes more money, so that the players should get paid more money. The women are not saying that the the NBA and the players split the profits. The revenues fifty nine percent so the players get forty nine percent of the revenue and the WNBA the players get nine percent of the revenue. They not they're proposing right now currently they get nine percent, and.
Speaker 3: They're proposing the twenty seven percent.
Speaker 4: Composing twenty percent the.
Speaker 2: League is what the league was willing to go up to fifteen, I think, right.
Speaker 4: And so there's so there's barely there's barely players that make a million dollars, Like there's not even start. There's like two star players that may be making million dollars. Right, So that's why that's why they end up playing they have to go overseas. Yeah, so that's why they go overseas, right, And so you know, and then this idea of like profitability that the NBA wasn't profitable for its first twenty years either, right, and so and right now the WNBA is in a growth period, and so with the growth period, you're trying to project revenues. They have a new TV deal that's about the kick and place and so the women who are the assets of the league, right, it's not that they're just like general employees. It's not like they're engineers at at Apple, and you know, they want more money because they're selling more iPhones. The women players are the iPhones, right, and so you know that's why they're making their argument about like nine percent is just too low.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: They're not proposing forty nine percent because they're not trying to put the league out of business, but but they want a bigger piece of the buye because it's about to expand.
Speaker 8: And without going like to too deep in the weeds, part of what's going on too is that the women are asking for a bigger percent of the revenue as opposed to profits. Okay, yeah, like if there were if like you said, WNBA is in the red.
Speaker 2: They've been in the red for a long time. So profits aren't going up.
Speaker 6: Revenue is going up, right, But a lot of the operating costs and a lot of the debt that the league is in is because the NBA and those owners and those teams are funding the w NBA. So they essentially they're getting it looks like also that they're getting the owners of the NBA teams are getting paid back at the expense.
Speaker 2: Of the players the player correct.
Speaker 6: And so is like instead of us getting paid from the revenue, you're in this debt and you're paying them back before before you.
Speaker 4: Pay us and makes it like privately pirates.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's curious to see what happens. And I'm sure we will keep up with all the things.
Speaker 4: And Mandy, I'll say this one thing to I think the rapid two. You know, like when you're in corporate, you know, when you work at a job and you're trying to get your salary and they say, well, we'll discuss it in six months.
Speaker 2: Right, that's where we're at.
Speaker 4: That never happens, right, Like you'll say like, oh, you know, I want one hundred thousand not eighty thousand. Oh well, you know, we can't really do it, but let's just get you in here and we'll talk about it in six months. And I'm sure every listener hearing this they've been in that escially.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 4: But nobody wants to do that because you never have that conversation in six months. And essentially that's what the that's what the w NBA is telling the players, like, well, let's let's just get this at fifteen and the TV money will come in and then and then we'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: Came down the road and hope that it works out. It's like as a player.
Speaker 6: You ain't trying to You ain't caring about what these niggas may or may not be waiting.
Speaker 2: You just want your money.
Speaker 6: And that's part and that's part of their arguments in debt, for it has nothing to do with us.
Speaker 2: That's y'all's debt. Y'all figure that out. Facts.
Speaker 3: Wait, y'all, don't y'all don't be having that mentality with me.
Speaker 4: We're about to start separate group chat.
Speaker 2: I'm listening to you. I hear you playing. You need to have a conversation.
Speaker 1: All right, y'alllet's get into this is America. Don't got your slipping off, all right, Jesus. So we'll start with, of course, condolences and I'll don't feel bad because I was less than after him just last year.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, him all euphoria, So y'all.
Speaker 1: Eric Dane, an actor who was on Charmed, who was on Euphoria, who is mcsweetey.
Speaker 3: From recently.
Speaker 1: Recently lost his battle to als r ip rip and a lot of information has been coming out about this. He he succumbed to this rapidly. He found out his diagnosis two years ago, announced to everyone that he was battling it in about ten months ago, and since announcing it, he just left us. Now what's interesting is what is going on on the internet. Is interesting because his family recently set up a go Fundme. Now, the go fundme is essentially to help his daughters, and now they are seeking five hundred thousand dollars and as of right now, they currently have about three hundred and sixty six thousand dollars raised. Now this is let me see where it's going. Any contribution, no matter the size, will help provide stability during this incredibly difficult time and in future for Eric's wonderful daughters.
Speaker 3: Now that's what the GoFundMe is for.
Speaker 1: One of the interesting things, however, that I've been seeing is how everyone is like WHOA. He's had an acting career for over twenty years. He's had to have money. Why are his daughters not set up? What did he do with his money? Interestingly enough, I also saw an article where Johnny Depp actually allowed Eric to stay in his home rent free in order to assist him with his healthcare bill coverage. So whatever money he made, I don't know if y'all have seen even the cost.
Speaker 3: Of an ambulance ride.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: So two years ago, I thought I was gonna die, y'all.
Speaker 1: I woke up in the middle of the sleep, in my sleep and here I go, like a little bitch. I called my mama, said, I'm so cold. Oh I'm goodness I had I was experiencing kinney failure. I had a kiney infection, and I didn't know how important it goddamn kidney was, so I didn't I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't know it was that important. So literally, mind you, it's it's May, it's summertime. Okay, I'm freezing. Hold on in jackets.
Speaker 1: I got a robe and I'm shivering like like bitch, like I am Jack from the Titanic.
Speaker 2: I'll never let you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, so I'm freezing. I called my mom and I'm like, something's not right. I think I'm about to die. So she's like, okay, okay, like call nine one one and you don't even understand.
Speaker 3: Amidst shaking at three o'clock in the morning, I was like, nah, bro, I canna call it huber.
Speaker 1: Because because that just ambulance bill alone can be anywhere.
Speaker 3: From it starts at five hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but can go all the way up to twenty five hundred three thousand dollars depending on what tests they're running in the back of that goddamn ambulance.
Speaker 3: And so immediately I'm just like, no, I'm going to take an uber.
Speaker 1: And so knowing that, knowing also just the cause I have a recent friend that went through IVF.
Speaker 3: I have another friend who beat breast cancer.
Speaker 1: But those bills that were coming in, and mind you, she had to go and get the Armstrong found like she had to go and seek.
Speaker 2: Out a completely.
Speaker 1: Different insurance because her insurance wasn't covering chemo. So she had to go and get like an organization to help her with those bills. And so when I sit here and I see the internet completely like oblivious to what type of healthcare system we have in the United States, I'm just like, bitch, have y'all never been sick? Have y'all never got a healthcare bill in the mill we were even just talking beforehand.
Speaker 3: Fuck healthcare.
Speaker 1: There's normally something different for vision, for dental, and when you have something like a disease, I need y'all to read your health care coverage. When you can diagnose with certain daily diseases. Your insurances may not cover the treatment for those things, and then a copey. But that's what I'm saying, mind you, when you have health care insurance, Oh baby, that doesn't mean you get to go to the doctor every time you have.
Speaker 2: Copy Yeah, it's a process, and so.
Speaker 1: It's just it's it was alarming to me seeing how many people were tweeting their kind of disdain for these gofundmeis mind you. At the same time, miss Jay from America's Next Top Model who experienced a stroke in twenty twenty two and went through a lot of you know, was pretty much out of commission for a year, couldn't talk, couldn't talk, and it's still overcome.
Speaker 2: Still can't walk, still can't walk.
Speaker 1: They recently set up a go fund me and the Internet is like, oh, you nasty. You waited until after the documentary came out to start to gofund me.
Speaker 4: And I'm just like he's supposed to do.
Speaker 1: At humanity to just want people to be able to not be in debt for what the government has set up in this country.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And in Eric Dames case, like he had a career that he played a lot of roles and he's a prominent actor, but like he wasn't. He wasn't the A list actor starring in one hundred million dollars films, Like he was a working actor, and like you live in LA they're already chopping at that test record.
Speaker 2: You're already getting.
Speaker 6: Shot probably fifty five percent, fifty two percent as soon as you get your check, before you pay a lawyer and agent whatever.
Speaker 2: Are you ready.
Speaker 1: That's I think the problem because there's this attachment of celebrity because these people are maybe making above poverty because they're making hundreds of thousands or maybe even millions.
Speaker 3: When it comes to Middle.
Speaker 1: America or you know, the average working Americans, they feel like, if I'm figuring life out, if you couldn't figure out with that much money, that's your fault. Without thinking of the fact that their expenses are higher, they're paying out teams, they're paying out like we saw even what's happening with Guerrilla, Like her family was expecting her to completely just take care of them as grown ass, working adult.
Speaker 4: And so I imagine he probably just had union insurance like he probably had like yeah, and probably didn't buy anything additional. And so you know, when the idea of like pre existing conditions. You know, he probably didn't meet that threshold and that's why I kind of got out of pocket. And like to your point, Mandy, it's proportional. People who are saying they're figuring it out. They're figuring it out, but they're still their head is just above water. He's probably the same way with his expenses.
Speaker 1: And I think that that's what you just said is exactly right. Like it's proportional. So the way that you live your expenses, as you make more money, you spend more money, it.
Speaker 3: Just is what it is. And a lot of it is proportional.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just how what is your life?
Speaker 8: And that doesn't mean that he was out buying by Bentley Beamers and Benzes every week. The man's just living his life. He has a family to support. They do whatever they do, they live however they live by the way.
Speaker 3: You ready, this economy is affecting everyone, y'all.
Speaker 1: Remember how rents used to be six hundred dollars and now they two thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: The same for these homes that these that these celebrities are renting.
Speaker 1: Essentially they went from maybe being five thousand dollars to fifteen thousand dollars more like the economy is affecting everybody and how things are.
Speaker 2: Spent, so and not for nothing.
Speaker 6: They're not even asking for some obscene amount of money. The goal was five hundred grand, like for for both daughters.
Speaker 8: So it's like, I'm not saying you have no one is entitled or no one is old to donate to a gofund me, but like, god damn.
Speaker 3: Then don't.
Speaker 2: Then don't. Yeah on the internet, it's just ugly for no reason.
Speaker 3: Mad Like, if you don't want to donate, just.
Speaker 2: Don't, don't go about your business. But they gotta go fund me when they acting.
Speaker 1: Go fund me doesn't go fund me actually doesn't take that much because they actually ask you to donate to.
Speaker 2: Go fund me.
Speaker 1: So when you when you go to a go fund me leak, there will be a button to say how much of this percent do you want to go to go fund me? Because go fund me is also like a is it a nonprofit? It's a it's a crowdfunding site, so they also need help to run their business as well, so they do take a percentage out of it.
Speaker 2: Are you looking at us?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they'll set you off at a at a minimum but you don't have to.
Speaker 2: It could be whatever.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 2: It's like it's thirty per donation. Okay, so barely three percent.
Speaker 1: That it's not a lot. It's not a lot, all right, So y'all are y'all are agreeing? People are just upset for no reason about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's some dumb ship like mind your business.
Speaker 4: I think I think like there's a common thread over like the things that we're talking about today, right, like with the w n b A, what like insurance. It's like I feel like people are wrong, like they're mad at the wrong thing, and they're not pointing to sort of like the larger organizations that have like more influence over everything, and they want to do like the personal exactly accountability thing of it all.
Speaker 6: Like think it's been telling you that systemically is fucked up out here, and nobody wants to hear that.
Speaker 1: The problem is we're just now getting to the realization that that American dream, this being the best country in the world, this being the country of.
Speaker 4: The that's just it's just advertisement.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: America at one point had a really good pr It tricked me this was the best country in the god the world and it.
Speaker 6: Ain't Also you need to you know, not to get too political, but it's important to vote for people who have those interests, which is your should be your best interest at heart, because these are people who got to advocate when they go to Capitol Hill and talk about health care and all of these things. They're the ones man that that that that moved the needles. So if we're not tapped into that, then we're going to just be in this crisis for forever. We will be shot in Canada Health.
Speaker 1: You want to go ahead and introduce this next one, John, This one is yours.
Speaker 6: Captain Oh Ship, Okay, yeah, So so former NFL player Martella's Bennett has a he ain't in it his name Ben. Matter of fact, he's not with it because y'all been talking to Ship about his program. He has a Disney show, a cartoon called Captain Do Rag and apparently what called what's that it's called there's a character in Hey AJ called Captain do Rag And apparently people are outraged, outraged and conflicted about the idea that Captain Do Rag is like a black man.
Speaker 2: His Do Rag is his cape.
Speaker 6: He fights crime in the city puts away the bad guys, and people are very outraged by the fact that they would call a character Captain Dorag.
Speaker 2: Now we do have a clip, Yeah, we have a clip. My brother Victor Blackwell. Shout out to Victor Blackwell. I do his show on CNN on Sundays.
Speaker 6: He brought this subject to Instagram and it came across my timeline and it's Black History Month. I feel like this is a good conversation that has Let's just let's see what he's talking.
Speaker 2: Let's play a.
Speaker 3: Clip now, y'ah. It is a fairly long clip.
Speaker 1: But what I love about this clip too is that you get to hear the actual outrage that we're going to kind of respond to.
Speaker 12: Heard about this new controversial character on a show called Hey aj on Disney Junior.
Speaker 3: Wow Fury Captain Doing.
Speaker 6: For some reason, Disney decided to say okay to a superhero on Disney Junior named Captain Drag.
Speaker 2: Who said do rag in the cave to keep slam City, saying.
Speaker 3: This is freaking outrageous.
Speaker 2: Y'all wrong for this tragic business cracking black don't skin men takes out the trash? Are we serious?
Speaker 3: Like in the middle of February too.
Speaker 2: I wonder who greened with that, Like Jamie could not have been a black person, like I actually think there.
Speaker 12: Was gonna well, it was created by former NFL player author creative Martellus Bennett, and he's a black man.
Speaker 9: I don't care who made it.
Speaker 2: Y'all gonna be like, oh, what black duman? That might be worse.
Speaker 12: Bennett posted something on his social media in defense of Captain do Rag and the liberation of the black image.
Speaker 2: Here's part of it.
Speaker 12: As a young black boy, my do rag was my first superhero cap. I didn't need Batman's cape for dark winged DUTs cape for Superman's I had a do rag. And when I tied it up and that tail started flapping behind me as I ran through the house, nobody could stop me. Sequence that was my black imagination doing what imagination is supposed to do, making me bigger than the world tried to make me. He also wrote this Captain do Rag is about empowering the ordinary objects in black life, like a do rag. Why can't a do rag be a cape? Why can't a black superhero wear a do rag? Why can't an imaginative black girl on Disney have a superhero who looks like her father, a father who wears a do rag around the house. What is so bad about a whole family rocking a do rag? What is so wrong with letting the do rag be the source of a superpower when it has been the source of confidence and transformation for generations.
Speaker 1: I actually think it's fly Like that's us y'all telling me that ain't fly, you got the dog?
Speaker 2: Stop besting on Captain do Rag. It's actually a cool concept in my view. That's why I'm Captain do Rag Captain don't Rag.
Speaker 12: So when it comes to Captain do Rag, what do you think?
Speaker 6: So Victor asked the question, what's wrong Martella's been? In his response asked what's wrong with it? And you know what's wrong with it? There's nothing wrong with it. What's wrong with these niggas is that they see their lives through white people, Like these are these niggas who would tell you like I would never eat watermelon in front of no white but I don't give a fuck about no white person watching them see.
Speaker 2: Me eat watermelon.
Speaker 6: I was joking earlier about the watermelon drinks hydrake. Yeah, like nigga, I'm not gonna let these people trick me off of some ship that this is our ship, like the do rag is are ship?
Speaker 2: Like why why would you be embarrassed about some ship that we do.
Speaker 6: Because they associate do rags with with the old ship.
Speaker 1: They sat here and made black men in hoodies be criminalized throughout throughout even just the last couple of years, right, which is why what is it blue cage?
Speaker 3: Literally his his.
Speaker 1: His uniform was a black hoodie to make it seem like bro a black man and a and a hoodie is not something to be criminalized. So the idea that now they're making a do rag a part of like a cape for a superhero, I think it's freaking dope.
Speaker 3: I also, I am so mad that I didn't bring in my.
Speaker 4: I'm looking for the rag.
Speaker 1: Board on some inappropriate ship. I put the dow rag on because the nigga ca pull my hair. I've had a nigga pulled my do rag before. That is like, he's not missing that for you off, No, no, I'll be.
Speaker 3: So, but no, I love do rags now to be fair, where I.
Speaker 1: Have also in the hypocrite landscape have said that a woman's bonnet shouldn't be worn in certain places. To me, A do rag is different and I love that we are. Mind you, the fact that black people are mad that a black person created a show like this with its culture.
Speaker 3: It's like you damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Speaker 1: We've always talked about representation and it actually showing up in our entertainment in a.
Speaker 3: Way that uplifts us.
Speaker 1: Right, we talk about how don't nobody want to see black on black crime films or a black man getting shot or slavery films anymore?
Speaker 3: We finally have a black cartoon.
Speaker 6: That highlight highlighting, celebrating black culture.
Speaker 3: Black culture, and y'all got something.
Speaker 4: And it's a lot of black folks behind it too, Like there's a writer on it, Camille Corbett, Like she's a Jamaican American comedian. I think she may have been the one that actually had created the character. But like it's it's solid all around and just a question I want to ask y'all and Jaw you alluded to it. But like a lot of people are saying, like how did like who at Disney did this or who who told Disney was okay to do that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: And so John, like I think you're saying, like when we're allowed to do something, then we're acting different in front of white people. And so like my question is what the people who are complaining. It's like, what would you want a black show on Disney to look like?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Like does it happen to the Princess and the frog? That's you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like does it have to be that?
Speaker 6: Does it have to be fairy tale?
Speaker 1: I think that this shows a black household, which is also crazy that someone right now is upset about it. And I think that's where when and we'll talk about on the bonus episode this week America's Next Top Model and seeing it through a different lens. I don't remember anyone having a problem with the Proud Family, right, I don't remember anyone, you know what I mean? Like, and that was what we watched, Like being able to see a black family and animation growing up was dope. What's the problem with it today? I don't I don't understand what the issue is.
Speaker 6: Part of Like the Kendrick was just at the Grammy's with a pick in his hair with a black fist, like this is our hair, and and like black hair has been an issue free as long as I can remin.
Speaker 3: New York Past the Crown Act just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Crown Act.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Crown Act was a whole thing and black women talking about there you were just talking about your hair and working in corporate America and the fear that that's struck into how these people are gonna so like, this is stuff that we have to deal with.
Speaker 6: I just don't understand looking at life through What will white people think if they see this. That's a crazy way to wake up in the morning and just be like, all right, I gotta make sure white people don't look at me weird, like there where are you.
Speaker 2: From this twenty twenty six lenses?
Speaker 1: Since yeah, I'm like, this is like I swear no one had an issue a proud family and the blackness that was portrayed on that show, and this is I.
Speaker 3: Don't get it. High.
Speaker 6: I went I went to a PWY and my freshman year there was like a small handful of black kids on campus. I wore my do rag everywhere to class, to the to the cafeteria, like and it wasn't even necessarily a protest, but it's just like, this is what I'm gonna do, right, I don't everything you've.
Speaker 4: Been saying earlier. It's by culture. If you if you're not proud of it, then it's not culture. So what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: I do want to shout someone out real quick.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, the the journalist here in Atlanta that you said has been doing some.
Speaker 3: Stuff that I dropped.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, is dope anchor? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, oh my god, hold on. And he wears a robe and a.
Speaker 2: Tie and a tie yeah, no code.
Speaker 3: Switching and how he does it, but he's being allowed.
Speaker 1: He just interviewed Gavin new someone who is just in Atlanta to I guess he's on a book tour, but it was he's just so dope because I think that that's what I want to see more of now. I've talked about black people coming in not being prepared, but he comes in and he's professional, but he's not code switching. Yeah, he's giving it to you and Atlanta lingo and all.
Speaker 3: And I just love that.
Speaker 6: And it's not and he's not making a mockery of one of the beause I just saw the other day Sandy Springs police was shutting down on a massage parlor that had sex trafficking.
Speaker 8: He was there talking to all of the the swat team.
Speaker 6: He's doing real interviews, asking them real questions, and it's not like some gotcha like let's let's laugh now, Like he's dead serious.
Speaker 3: By the way, we have to talk about you do y'all see his sponsor?
Speaker 2: Who's that sponsor?
Speaker 3: His sponsor is hungry?
Speaker 2: Oh all the people said.
Speaker 3: The sponsor, like we might need to get some hungry.
Speaker 2: How about that we have.
Speaker 1: Him on the show camera and will and will anyways, before we get out of this is America, I'm sure that we'll have a lot more to talk about next week. First to everybody in by our tub and port in Mexico?
Speaker 3: Did I did I say?
Speaker 2: Apparently they.
Speaker 3: They didn't killed a cartel.
Speaker 2: Member element.
Speaker 3: He's like, who was the other little the big?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mencho's on that list with like he's one of those.
Speaker 1: For those of y'all don't know, it's like El Chapel being killed and he was killed in a government operation that allegedly bitch we was involved, of course, so it's had a little stick.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 2: The U S we like, we don't have no you mean Mexican is his favorite food.
Speaker 6: I've never met anybody Mexican was there least I've never.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of anybody say, you know.
Speaker 2: What, I'm in a move for taco. Yeah, you know, every day not Mexican.
Speaker 4: When we sat, when we sat, we said, we talked about we talked about this show and making this show. We went to a Mexican slack. We had margariteas. Oh you said that in Mexican like two hours. He was in the East Village, you and me for like two hours out of Mexican talking about create.
Speaker 3: Big fish chiks. That was tied.
Speaker 2: That was after. That was after.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just eat tequila.
Speaker 2: Did she has.
Speaker 6: What not?
Speaker 4: You might have just ate tequila.
Speaker 1: Literally, I don't be liking Mexican food for but that's eating Mexican I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not a fan of the case of Dila the burrito.
Speaker 4: Saying like stop.
Speaker 2: To carrier, what carrier? I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't like none of the teketo that's like.
Speaker 2: A black Mexican name to drinking drinking tequila.
Speaker 4: Drinking drinking tequila needs to be our first merch drop. Tequila. Drinking tequila needs to be our first merch drop. Be drinking tequila, eating tequila.
Speaker 2: Tequila.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Prayers, Prayers to everyone who's stuck out there.
Speaker 2: I will say a new.
Speaker 1: Fear was instilled into me the they're stuck.
Speaker 3: So that's the fear. I'm not gonna lie seeing.
Speaker 1: That they went and attacked the airports, the fear that I could be stuck in a country because the cartel has now ransacked the the airports so where they can't get out. I'm following there's a there's a guy that I'm following on Twitter and he's down there.
Speaker 3: He's a journalist. He was just down there for a convention.
Speaker 1: But the idea of going to a country thinking I'm going on vacation and I'm going just for a couple of days and then I'll be back home and genuinely being stuck in a country where they're blowing up cars, buses, they're threatening to start doing going into hotels and knocking on doors and killing anybody because they're trying to figure out who knew who play, or just showing that you don't fuck with us.
Speaker 3: I'm horry.
Speaker 1: Reading the news, they're also saying like that now they may have to restructure the World Cup because Mexico was supposed to host the word the World Cup as well, And this is just the scariest thing. And I'm just prayers to everybody. Have you been talking to your parents?
Speaker 2: Are they okay?
Speaker 1: That's the one that shut down the Guadalada airport both and I hope y'all can hear y'all me because she's not miked up. We're gonna have to get our mic soon. We're just gonna have to mute her laughs. But our parents are currently in Guadalada and it's two hours away.
Speaker 2: Maybe she could do it. You know what it is.
Speaker 7: I could do it in Florida.
Speaker 2: Speak English.
Speaker 3: Damn blow to education school.
Speaker 2: You never listen to me, this guy said? What you never the mean? This guy? You know, dad, Yankee, You're done problem, moving on. Yeah, you never listened to the sky.
Speaker 3: They're not even Mexican.
Speaker 2: I know. But I'm just saying, Salinas anything anything.
Speaker 3: We should not have gotten here with this book.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, that the video of them blowing up a costco.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh, these niggas ship.
Speaker 3: And I see that they're targeting taxicab drivers.
Speaker 8: Xicab drivers, Yeah, taxicab hotels and resorts like and I'm not gonna hold you the way you were opening up that description about like going on vacation.
Speaker 6: It did feel like the beginning of like a Liam Neeson movie, going on vacation to have a good time. It ship breaks out and I'm here now I got to whip these niggas ass.
Speaker 2: But blowing up a random car isn't gonna fire out. Who did that shit? Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah they're doing that.
Speaker 1: They're putting their dick on the table pretty much like, yo, we will burn this, we run this ship and which which when you go to Mexico, mind you, let's just take it for y'all ignorant people, because I see people, well.
Speaker 2: They ain't in to loom.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah right, yeah, Like it could not only go reach that far when you leave the airport. It's why you have to go. And you can't just hop in an uber. You can't just hop in a cab because the cartel owns the cab companies, and so it's why you have to take certain cabs to certain places on hotel row and it's numbered because certain cartels own certain parts of goddamn hotel row, which means you can only get into certain cabs. Like there's no uber like in certain places in Mexico, you gotta use the taxi cab companies.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 6: It's crazy, and some of this shit is happening because Trump is putting his foot on their neck to do shit in Mexico to get the cartel to keep bringing you know, they're bringing fence and all, they're bringing all this shit over here.
Speaker 2: So them trying to.
Speaker 8: Keep Trump happy and keep US boots off the ground in Mexico, because that's basically what he's threatening them with.
Speaker 3: Boots off the ground.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, bound, Yeah, they don't want no trouble, and so they're trying to keep they're trying to keep Big Orange happy, and so they're.
Speaker 4: Trying to keep them out of their business.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right right, Like it's just the domino effect of how this ship has played out is like this is just another fucked up situation that you could lay right at Donald Trump's feet.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of beef, let's get into the last topic of the day. We got celebrity say the darnas things and it's been fifty versus everybody. I feel like that he's probably gonna start wearing that shirt.
Speaker 3: Y'all ever seen that shirts?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 3: It's fifty versus everybody.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about him and Jim Jones over the last couple of weeks and now him and t I are going Now. We talked about it briefly last week where t I said.
Speaker 2: That it would be a good versus.
Speaker 3: Y'all heard our take. We said I.
Speaker 1: Would win that ship in a landslo Who's we? You did not say fifty said would beat I.
Speaker 6: Do say that I was gonna beat fifty in a landslide. That's crazy to say landslide.
Speaker 3: You don't you think it would be closed.
Speaker 6: I think I think the versus is performative. So it's like it all depends on it's like a show whatever, whatever. I don't know if fifty cots energy, it's not even energy.
Speaker 1: Candy Shop ain't really touching anything. Candy shop is white.
Speaker 4: Is performative, endurance.
Speaker 2: Is not bad? Is not bad?
Speaker 3: You were winks but you never.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was that was like it was like record Harlem with her.
Speaker 3: Mouth, but you like, don't clip this up.
Speaker 4: We need to we need to do.
Speaker 3: But his music was like, y'all y'all doing twenty one questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's as classic. That's a classic. Phisy's gonna have Phiy's gonna win some of those rounds.
Speaker 6: But but you're not gonna landslide, I don't think, but I do think I would probably win.
Speaker 2: That's the thing about it. Out of twenty that nigga might get twenty six. That's the thing.
Speaker 6: Fifty would burn out fast in twenty songs because there might not be a whole twenty.
Speaker 2: That hold up.
Speaker 6: And what a many man the landslide, he's gonna use the power theme, So that's that's because that's that's that's one he'll probably get that.
Speaker 3: He doesn't go with tree songs. They didn't even like that version.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, yeah you want to break back?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, version like with the ship bro like I think he got he got. It wouldn't be your last slide for sure. I don't think it'll be.
Speaker 4: A king, a king for it's fourteen six a landslide though, manlide.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was fourteen What do you think it would be?
Speaker 11: No, but it is.
Speaker 2: But if it was going to be bring him up, bring him out, bring him out, twenty four is like run New York. That's a banger. Yeah, New York, many.
Speaker 4: Man, I get money, that's three right there, get.
Speaker 2: Like in the in the club, give me his club, the club, the club.
Speaker 6: That's like you're gonna come off and get rich trying Yeah, no, amusement park, how to run whatever he got, how to how.
Speaker 2: To run the other way.
Speaker 3: He's going like, go shot it. It's your birthday. Yeah, that's as bad as l O L.
Speaker 2: My wow and the birth stopping stop bro birthday. So drinking fire in the club in the that's what yo? Okay in the club? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Go with you need we need an onsets, Yeah, get you one of them.
Speaker 3: I'm not so replaced Chris Brown at Dreamville. I think last year a.
Speaker 1: Completely I hold you his visuals he had be like this, but I just don't think he's being TI. Anyways, let's get into now the t IV.
Speaker 3: So that's how it started.
Speaker 1: T I recently sat on I think it was a million dollars worth of game, yes, and he shared that in private.
Speaker 3: Fifty agreed to a versus and then he backed out of it.
Speaker 1: So t I went to my nigga, now I don't respect no nigga now like and he went, you know, was like, I don't respect that because.
Speaker 3: You agree and now you're backing out.
Speaker 1: But nigga fifty cent responded how he knows how to respond by posting a picture of Tiny, a very unflattering photo of Tiny, and it was it was unflattered.
Speaker 2: Was it wasn't a good picture.
Speaker 3: Now she has some good pictures.
Speaker 1: But even if it's a bad pictures, some whole ass ship, right because like like what everybody say, even the cartel no no women and children?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, but not everybody, that's what you're doing, but not everybody children. But that's the problem. Not everybody abised by those rules.
Speaker 6: And I think fifties excuses that if these excuses, yo, like Andrew can do it. If if the caption, the caption said that that I told y'all keep saying my name, so that justifies him for being that's not justifying what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: In his mind.
Speaker 6: His mind is he's like, yo, I don't have a rule, just keep my name out of your mouth and we won't do none of this. Well, and I think that's why t I is like, yo, well, I don't want to stand on stage with you now.
Speaker 2: It's not even that.
Speaker 3: In response to that, his son King came out and not going it got even more.
Speaker 1: Disrespect not going on some well, your mama is dead and buried, so unbury your mama before you talk about my mama, which is also whoa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 3: I didn't even want to play the clip because I mean, it was.
Speaker 2: Bad on both both it was bad. Yeah yeah, but when you do that, though, he's not going.
Speaker 3: To stop the Ey's response to that, though he did get in the booth.
Speaker 2: He did. He didn't put a name on it though not yet. I'm just saying that this he don't.
Speaker 4: Put it, but you don't put a name on it. On the first clip, I was gonna say, you know, yeah, the warning we care.
Speaker 2: To see, I don't. I don't want. I know, I don't want because what happened in the group chat.
Speaker 1: We literally said, and this is before I sent y'all that he responded in the booth, it was yo. When we start talking about kids, dead mom, why, it becomes a little like the boundary and energy no longer entertaining.
Speaker 2: Did your mama energy?
Speaker 3: Did your mama?
Speaker 2: But also his wife, So it's like, I mean, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Also said my mama, who my mama is? Your mama was a jay? Also like.
Speaker 1: Crazy when we say that we want beef, I think the same way we were talking about okay, some beafs lash forever We were talking about.
Speaker 3: The the Uncle murder Jah rule job.
Speaker 1: Now with this beef though, you're now involving wives and children, and the children are now responding to you. It's now a family matter versus somebody that allegedly has music dropping. But we haven't gotten really music from fifty in a while. Allegedly he's dropping an album this year.
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he responds in the booth.
Speaker 6: I don't see him doing that, just because I feel like he'd rather play these Wi Fi games games, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I guess we'll find out. So as we record this, let me come on breaking new. I love the journalist.
Speaker 6: He posted it's not going to stop.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, who just posted he doesn't know how to stop? Wait? What is that?
Speaker 6: So he posted a video from another YouTube platform, five to Movement.
Speaker 2: Oh no, and they're talking about it.
Speaker 6: So he posted that, but the centerpiece picture of it is always tiny and king in the video, and he Gottler Jim, oh man, it's crazy. That's why I said, I don't know where this is going to go. This is what I don't know.
Speaker 2: But here's the like, fifty is this not hip hop? Don't we like me?
Speaker 4: But you know the comments. Let me let me read you some of the comments on the post right because people are saying, I don't know, but I thought the most ruthless gangster said no women, no children. And then you got this is some corny energy. And then you got here, y'all new ninjas, ain't got no code. Tiny, be minding her business and don't be bothering anyone. Maybe I'm square, but I didn't see the humor in this.
Speaker 3: Here's the hipocrisy.
Speaker 2: I also see I like Tiny, but I love fifty.
Speaker 3: Here's the hypocrisy and all of this.
Speaker 1: No one was that mad when Drake said, Kendrick, that baby not your baby. No one was mad when when pusha t announced that Drake had a kid with who he had.
Speaker 3: A kid with, He talked about who he had a kid with.
Speaker 6: But but like this, hold on, don't do that. But Drake with his cause is an effect. Drake called out push your T wife first. Then we get to a Donnis. He wasn't gonna say nothing about that. Most of the time in Drake's case, yeah yeah, like right now you're doing nothing.
Speaker 4: You're doing what you said earlier today, King, when you said when we were talking about Republicans of being like your wisemun Donnie want to show ID when they don't want to show you. Well, it's all unrelated and all of it is lame, you know what I mean. And I thing was like fifty, It's like we do love fifty, but it's like when he gets to pushing the buttons, it's like he's man corny, right, Like what we love you for is like your your humor and the ship that you put out. But this ain't funny, you know what I'm saying. And it's like if you have an issue with t I and take it to t I right like or Jim, Like if you have an issue with Jim, like say the thing that you're saying right Instead, you're just trying to be funny and hashtag like your liquor brand and nobody drinks, you know what I mean. So it's to me, it's like, what is he doing, Jason?
Speaker 1: But this is the thing instead of making a police report, instead of coming to somebody talking to them on the phone, everybody wants to bring ship to the Internet.
Speaker 3: That's just where you.
Speaker 2: Should make a police report, see what I mean. Yeah, I mean, I don't live on those street code. I'm snitch to what the subway say. If you see something, say something, yeah, that that up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm in the airport and you just put your bag down and then get at them down the street.
Speaker 2: And I'm just looking at the ground. Yeah no nigga, I'm saying, hey, him right there in the hoodie just ran off with this.
Speaker 3: I just think it's getting to a nasty place.
Speaker 1: Yes, so to me an unsafe place where it gets a little, it gets a little sticky. I don't know, these are these are people that I have histories of guns like these. This ain't like where where Tip is from.
Speaker 2: He's not gonna play around with I think that these.
Speaker 3: Are both very street people.
Speaker 1: So to where we knew that Drake wasn't street was either a two street street niggas and hip hop.
Speaker 3: And I just don't want to see it get there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, I hope it can be contained, but you know, we know we can't. No one can stop fifty and so, like like you said, this is going to keep going on. Now, how long The question is how long is it going to be before t I sees that?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: All I know is these rooms get smaller and smaller. I run to Goddamn. I think every week I see t I out here in these streets. Yeah out fifty maybe not so much, but I.
Speaker 1: Do think it's interesting where fifty is doing so much creatively with the studios he's building, with the with the.
Speaker 3: Films and things he makes.
Speaker 1: It sucks that every time we do as a community talk about fifty, it's him coming after jobs, him coming after gym, it's him coming, it's him coming after other black creatives, and it's like, what, it's hard to keep.
Speaker 2: Rooting for him.
Speaker 3: And the thing that do you think, like you said, he's trying to bring down so.
Speaker 2: Many ship depending on everybody.
Speaker 4: Many do you think you said, like you could see t I. Do you think because fifty is not around that's yeah, moving.
Speaker 1: Like academics like fifty. You don't really run into fifty. Fifty don't go to awards shows. Fifty don't be at these parties.
Speaker 3: Fifty don't be in people's faces for real, for real.
Speaker 1: And at the end of the day, a lot of the niggas you do surround himself with are begging for checks.
Speaker 2: But it's the actors, it's the men that are like he'd be on the.
Speaker 6: Power there was a time, right, there was a time though, when fifty was walking around whatever.
Speaker 2: Like, he doesn't do that, no, because he's he's he shouldn't. He shouldn't have to and.
Speaker 1: He shouldn't have to, and so it allows him to have Twitter fingers. It allows him to do that. At the end of the day, he don't run it. He don't actually be outside with these with theseus. The picture that looks crazy, the.
Speaker 6: Picture with his wife. No, no, I'm just shreing what I'm looking at now, it's crazy. One hundred and fifty thousand people liked it. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that shit. Why is it not the silent protesting And I'm not liking that ship? Oh yeah, no, I mean you know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's not that they like the picture. They're liking the people are entertained, yea. And also, you're liking a picture doesn't mean you agree with what's happening.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what it like means anymore. I don't even know what it like means anymore.
Speaker 2: People just like, I mean, yeah, because it juicifies your algorithm.
Speaker 3: Well no, no, no, apparently liking a photo means cheating nowadays.
Speaker 2: But we're not. Yeah, That's what's the other part. It depends on what it is.
Speaker 6: Right, people will post a news story about somebody getting shot tragically and people tap it in like and have millions of likes, And I'm pretty sure the people who like it it are all in the KKK. They liking it because they're they're saying, in that case, it's a protest. If it's some titties and it's like, hey, nigga, why are you liking them?
Speaker 2: Are you liking them titties? Because everybody likes titties. I like them, white titties, man, women, child, y'all like the history. That's what we call a book. Nd right, then.
Speaker 4: From beginning to the end, this.
Speaker 1: At faisode now where we didn't get to it this episode, I had.
Speaker 3: A lovely class assembly with my classmates over on Patreon. So once a month I get to talk to you guys.
Speaker 1: I get to hear your ignorance thoughts, we get to kind of do an episode together, and for this was America topic. I genuinely asked the classmates, the classmates being y'all, but specifically the ones over on Patreon helping me fund this thing. Do y'all care about the Epstein files, and so I'm really excited to share with you what that conversation sounded like, because I was very surprised to hear how much platforms within our ecosystem really aren't talking about them that much, and so where I thought maybe we were done with hearing about it because it's been happening so long. I'm excited for y'all to hear what the conversation was about the Epstein files. So stay tuned at the end of this episode to listen to our conversation and our kind of, you know, figuring out of what's really happening with these files.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I wasn't there. I got to base shorem at the next one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they was asking for you. They wanted to talk to you about your top ten notes skip list. Yea, they want to They wanted to confront your face the fat.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm ready for that too. I've been confronting people all weeks. Just keep it froth now.
Speaker 1: If y'all want to be a part of the discord, talk about the episodes, give episode feedback, drop your ignorance, join us over on patreon is patreon dot com. Backslash with Mandy B. If you're listening to this episode and you want to watch the visual representation over here on our beautiful set, make sure you subscribe to our YouTube. You can catch it YouTube dot com. Backslash with mandyb. Also follow us on socials at Selective Ignorance pod over on the Instagram, and you could just search selective ignorance over on the ticker talker. Anyways, guys, this is another episode of Selective Ignorance, where curiosity lives, controversy thrives, and conversations matter. See you next week and stay tuned or some Epsteam files. Talk with my classmates, See you guys next week. And I love my classmates as a whole. Do we care about the Epstein files?
Speaker 9: What we do?
Speaker 2: We should? We do?
Speaker 11: I want the files to be Epstein trials because unless they're gonna actually follow up with charges.
Speaker 9: Of any change.
Speaker 3: So that's that's talk about it.
Speaker 2: That's what Europe.
Speaker 11: Europe is doing, ship with it. They're like, get that motherfucker out of here, get his office rated, do this, do that, and America is like the trench coat, no.
Speaker 2: Truth.
Speaker 11: That's America right now. With the Epstein files. We wanted them out, we got them out. What are you gonna do otherwise. You're repeatedly telling America, you're repeatedly telling women, you're repeatedly telling childreneral, we don't give a ship about you. Your body is for our pleasure. It's for us to do whatever we want.
Speaker 2: Go deal with it.
Speaker 11: And especially as more and more of our autonomy over our fucking health, over our bodies, over the information that we choose to share about our bodies and our health, you got us fucked up. And then you want to complain about the birth rate.
Speaker 3: Now we not giving none of you pussy.
Speaker 2: You don't deserve it.
Speaker 11: Look how you continue to treat us. Look how you are going to continue to do us. What's the point of you breaking out the files if you're not taking these motherfuckers to court.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because I had this conversation with very earlier, and I one hundred percent agree with what you said. But maybe I'm coming from a more defeatist standpoint because I have seen so many people not care about women.
Speaker 3: Our rights have been taken away.
Speaker 1: I do continue to see celebrities and influencers be accused of domestic violence and sexual assault and still continue to make millions and be platformed, but also a part of me, wait, let me finish soup. So a part of me when it comes to this conversation of the Epstein files, the same way we kind of got exhausted with the fucking Drake and Kendrick shit is to me, we've been talking about these Epstein files for a pre pandemic all like I think what twenty eighteen we were introduced, especially right after Harvey Weinstein and them getting into the Me Too movement. It's almost been six seven years of talking about this shit. Mind you, We've elected a president that is clearly all up through there, and so a part of me genuinely feels like this country that we grew up in is fucking a fraud and what we think we can do and where we think we can make change in motion to see the reversal. Labro v Wade, which I always reference is like Brud, they really don't care about like and so Barry literally verbatim, Connie said everything you just said. And yes, justice is something we always want to see, but unfortunately I have lost faith in this country specifically giving justice when it's due and where it's needed because and I hate to say it, I know you brought up Tyra Banks. This country is now operated like a reality show and it's laughable, and I think people people enjoy entertainment over real action because I think.
Speaker 3: It's easier to laugh at what we're living in than.
Speaker 1: Really sit with the fact that all of our leaders are pedophiles, all of the people that we've put into position of power literally don't care about the rights of women, don't respect women, don't like black people, want to send away the immigrants that also help. I can't say build up this country because boy, they came for shaboozie, but they're a part of why America is America, right, And so unfortunately it's easier to just laugh at this shit and laugh at Trump and make this shit become like almost a reality series then really sit with the reality that these are our leaders and so a part of me when when I why I pose this question here is because we could talk about new pages being leaked and new people being accused every single week for the rest of probably eternity, right, But from an entertainment perspective, is it dawning? Do you guys want to hear it every week? And so I wanted to bring it specifically to the class assembly to see if this is some content that you want to hear me and the super producers dissect.
Speaker 6: Or not.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, and sup.
Speaker 8: I think that a lot of things, a lot of things that you said that you pointed out was was is right. But at the same time too, it's not just about just women's bodies and things that are so also right. These are children, these are babies who's being kidnapped, these are babies being abused. Checks the abuse and taking advantage of whether it's being drugged. There's so there's so many things about the files that that's crazy in itself.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, I think I think Barry brought up that.
Speaker 1: There's literally a page where it says somebody we don't know who ate the baby.
Speaker 8: Yes, And I was about to go there, and I'm talking about talking.
Speaker 3: About follow them. I choose to swallow them.
Speaker 8: Things of that sort is like not too much on me, Like like you know, Barry, you know.
Speaker 3: Baby sit the kids all down my throat, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: This nigger.
Speaker 8: With the hard yar yo, who I mean I mean, I mean, you're still a African Americans, so you're still a hearty yar. But with that saying though, I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Right, American, Yes, African American.
Speaker 3: History much you're gonna do me like that?
Speaker 1: So I mean, hey, King, don't you dare repeat this bullshit because I think.
Speaker 8: I will give you these bars.
Speaker 2: I will give you these bars because this is this is what Sup and Barry does.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's it's definitely happening American.
Speaker 8: I mean, I mean, you know, I still got them, you know, man, you just refuse to put me on. But anyway, that's another conversation. So I'm just saying, I'm just saying, but still in a serious note in the conversation about because I work at a domestic violence shelter, and I deal with these women every single day, right, and and I'm looking at these kids, and some of these kids they're living in conditions that they're dealing with, conditions I could imagine.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't let me rephrase that.
Speaker 8: I can't imagine my kids being kidnapped, being in spaces where they're being male norris mistreated, and all those other things that it just it it goes too crazy and.
Speaker 3: Then sold off on the internet as a cabinet and.
Speaker 8: And then and then on top of that, look at it like I remember when I was a kid, I was like, Yo, what the fuck do they do with these pictures?
Speaker 2: When I was in grade school?
Speaker 8: So now wait wait.
Speaker 3: Wait that was something new today?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 3: Right, but but but but the company that used to take our school picture.
Speaker 8: But that said, like I said, with my brain and me being me being in the creatives, creative space, I can take it way darker than that. But the point that I'm saying is that we need to as much as the Epstein Files is relevant, it should be very very relevant, because you know, these are these people's kids. These are people's children, and it's still going on that needs to be cracked down, that needs to be investigated, that needs to be like like who's it Prince Prince whatever that just recently got arrested, Like, yo, motherfucker what Okay?
Speaker 1: I appreciate the feedback. We're gonna dive into the Epstein Files more. Trev will let you talk, and then we'll get into music, and then I'll say, and you all on your way on this Friday evening.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Trev.
Speaker 9: I mean I was just gonna say, yeah, I think we all we all care about it.
Speaker 3: I'd be entertaining for you to listen to it every week though, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't know if every podcast needs to be going over it all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean that's just me.
Speaker 9: I'm just one person, But I mean I agree with everything everybody's been saying. And I was just talking to my boy James at lunch today and he was like, you know, what's gonna happen? You know, is anything going to happen with this? And I'm like, well, I mean under normal, normal circumstances. Yeah, but you know, the executive branch is the ones who are supposed to enforce the laws and the whole when all of them, you know, when they don't aren't doing their job unless the orange one upstairs says do it then, and especially when he's in it, then you know there's just there's no enforcement arm. Even judges can say whatever they want the Congress, but the people who's supposed to execute the laws are the ones who are who's captured and said no.
Speaker 1: I will say Jazz Jazz in the chat just said that none of the pause that she listens to brings it up. And I'll be honest to say, from a very ignorant scope, brilliant idiots does from a more educated lens, higher learning does. But overall, the pods I listen to, I agree, aren't really bringing it up unless it reaches like pop culture. But to know that the amount of pages, of the amount of details, I don't I don't feel like many people within our culture.
Speaker 3: Are yet dissecting it to the point that's bringing the awareness.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's super heavy to being.
Speaker 3: It is heavy when you want to last, it's yeah.
Speaker 9: And it's terrible, but yeah, I mean, well it can feel.
Speaker 11: Like trauma porn, Yeah, where you get so much of it. The only thing I did want to say, because I've been watching a lot of documentary use Jojo, you know, there's there's a common thing where they keep calling the videos and the pictures of children in these sexual environments child porn. It's called the proper legal name that the FBI uses is child to be sexual material because more than insinuates that they're willing participants, and these are underrated. I don't give a shit. If you're sixteen, you cannot consent like you're still a child. So I just want to, like, you know, throw that out there for y'all.
Speaker 1: Coctive ignorance a production of the Black Effect podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 4: Thanks for tuning in the Selective Ignorance of Mandy B. Selective Ignorance. It's executive produced to buy Mandy B. And it's a Full Court Media studio production with lead producers Jason Mondriguez. That's me and Aaron A. King Howard. Now do us a favor and rate, subscribe, comment, and share wherever you get your favorite podcasts, and be sure to follow Selective Ignorance on Instagram at Selective Underscore Ignorance. And of course, if you're not following our host Mandy B, make sure you at Full Court Pumps Now.
Speaker 2: If you want the full.
Speaker 4: Video experience of Selective Ignorance, make sure you subscribe to the Patreon It's patreon dot com backslash Selective Ignorance.
Speaker 3: It's you girl, Mabie B.
Speaker 1: And you just checked out my new podcast, Selective Ignorance. If you enjoyed this episode, make sure you head on over and hit that subscribe button and check out Selective Ignorance every Tuesday and every Friday wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts,