Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Eating While Broke. I'm your host, Colleen Witt, and today we are in Dallas, Texas. I'm really excited about our special guest today. We're not gonna be doing a stovetop kitchen. We're just gonna be talking about what our special guest dish was while he was broke.
Speaker 2: Today, my special guest.
Speaker 1: Is the one and only Orlando Brown, and I'm freaking hyped to be sitting here next to you, you mutual. So Orlando, you have I have seen the top of the mountaintops when it comes to success. You've ridden the whole roller coaster throughout this whole industry. And that's why I wanted to sit down with you. So let's just start with what did you used to eat when you were broke? And what was that dish?
Speaker 3: And hop raymen with a number two two number two pencils. Okay, uh you know, uh, it was more like you know what I'm saying, Like my favorite thing was to I take like the egg, crack it in the bowl and then put it in the microwave, take the egg out, take the bread, put some mail on there. After I put the mail in there and put the egg on there, and then I put a little bit of cheese on the thing. You know what I'm saying, billiuston noodles. You got the sandwich, the egg sandwich with the.
Speaker 2: Noodles, Okay, perfect?
Speaker 1: And then uh, sorry, I'm trying to get this micros You put the egg in the microwave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that she is tight because I learned that from Jamie Fox. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Jamie, we'd had time on set a lot of the time, you know what I mean. So, like what Jamie would do is he'll put the egg in the microwave for about like maybe thirty five seconds to a minute or something like that, and then and then he got an egg sandwich.
Speaker 4: Work.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know you could do that till just now.
Speaker 1: So you you you was basically the egg sandwich guy pretty much.
Speaker 2: Okay, perfect? Perfect?
Speaker 1: Do you still do the egg in the microwave every once in a while or you in a.
Speaker 3: While if I get time to do it, reflect on me, and you know how I learned it. I'd be like, yo, man, let me give me an egg sandwich.
Speaker 4: I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, what's interesting is that the person that you learned about your egg sandwich trick from is Jamie Fox?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So, but you were doing this because now because you're broke necessarily at I'm saying when you learned about it, what was going on at that time?
Speaker 3: Because Jan Nelson on the Jamie Fox Show, and I was learning, you know, I was just learning how to you know at that time, Like you know what I'm saying, be around people, uh and and you know, I understand and what fame was, understand what no money was, and understand that my mama was in control a little bit at the time, and a whole bunch of shit, you know.
Speaker 4: But the main thing was, you know.
Speaker 3: Knowing that if I was hungry, I could pop motherfucking eggs and a bowl in a microwave.
Speaker 2: But how old were you then, though? Like if you think about it, though.
Speaker 3: When I did Jamie Fox Show, I was about like nine ten years old if not eight.
Speaker 2: Wow. And then you're surrounded by all adults I'm imagining, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, surrounded by nothing but adults who think that, you know, you're adorable and all of this until actually somebody says action and then from there, you know, everybody's lines and things of that nature and then your growth starts growing mentally, you know, and artistically, because you know, you just around nothing but great people.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 1: And then as a kid, though, how much pressure are you feeling? Like, are you feeling pressure from your mom? Behind the scenes, the actors, like the cameras.
Speaker 3: It wasn't no pressure at all. It was it was always fun. I didn't know what was going on. It was always fun. That's why I'm still doing it, because it's still fun. When things don't become fun anymore, that's when you stopped doing them.
Speaker 2: There was a period though, where you stopped for or you paused.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I had to pause because it wasn't nobody trying to hire a nigga. You know, you hot one second in this industry, then you not one second. But then you go through this spell of actually, just there's nothing for you as an artist, and there's nothing for you as you know, the person you are in the game. It's just nothing for you right now. And that does happen to people, you know, and then they they you know, they don't know how to handle it. A lot of people don't know how to come back from it, and a lot of people get confused. A lot of people don't know how to write their own shows. A lot of people don't know, you know, what's gonna happen after something like that ends. You know, this is the biggest thing they ever ever happened, that they ever had happen in their life, and the ends within like the first year or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 4: It's a problem. You know.
Speaker 3: My main thing is I just put myself in position to understand that. You know, a lot of things, a lot of things happen for a reason, but a lot of things don't happen for your season. Everything's not about us. Everything's not about us. And that's the problem. Like people really think that it's all about us. It's not all about us. It's about the people that put us in position to be who we are. And the best that you could do is all you can do. You can't just force the best, or you can't just force greatness. You can't just force see the thing about greatness and words of these nature, you know, it's like it's like it's like I don't think that some people understand what that word means, like great, you know, broke, uh, indignant, ignorant, stupid, you know, pedophile, certain things that you know certain things in this industry, certain people, do you know, it causes you to pull back from a lot of shit and it has nothing to do with you as a person per se. You just got to know, like it's everything ain't for you, everything's not your battle, and everything's not about us. You know, you come in, you play your role, you do what you're supposed to do, You go to fuck ho me feeds your family period.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just now actually starting to learn that what you just said, Like I'm starting to learn like, hey, the world isn't just about me and just like I'm playing my role within this game. Do you feel like the industry when you say it's like mainly for their people. Do you feel to some degree like talent can be considered a pawn?
Speaker 4: I feel like talent is talent is more than a pawn. It's like.
Speaker 3: You can have talent, but you if you got no brains, what the fuck you're gonna do with the talent?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: When I say talent, I mean like in the case of like actor, actress, uh, model, like whoever's in front of the camera. Do you feel like, because at the end of the day, you guys, talent at the end of the day carries the most pressure, right because look, say you become famous, or you become a Rocks or you hit the Michael Jackson level of iconism, right, and then all of a sudden, the people say, you know what, we don't have a position for you to play right now, We're gonna put you off to the side. You're the face the whole world has seen you under one light. It's so hard to transition your identity after that, right, No, it's.
Speaker 4: Not hard to transition your soul.
Speaker 3: It's not hard to transition what you do because you love it.
Speaker 4: It's because you do it because you love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, but even so, at that point.
Speaker 4: I work at McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Not to cut you off, but if I work at McDonald's and i'm selling burgers, I'm selling fucking burgers.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna get you one free all the time because i'm your friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when the burgers stop is because we're closed. Yeah, I'm still coming to work back in the morning. Yeah, well in the afternoon whatever my shift lets me, I gotta come back and do my shift.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what this shit is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying like you can't, you can't make no burgers after we closed.
Speaker 4: Facts, you know, you're fired if you're.
Speaker 3: In there after you Yeah, because you're not the manager, you're not the owner, none of that shit. So why the fuck are you in my establishment? If I'm If I'm the manager and then I have a worker that's in here after hours, why the fuck.
Speaker 4: Are you in here?
Speaker 3: You're fired? Yeah, what are you doing? You're making us look stupid. Yes, yes, it's a big ass corporation. Yes, but that's just McDonald's. I'm still me, Yeah, yeah, I still gotta work. I gotta go in to work for these people. Yeah, they're commercial, that's huge a shit. But just because you know, we got commercials and all this shit, don't fucking come look for me to give you a fucking free burger all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in the case for you, how long was your off season? Like after so the last thing you take there was a gap? So how long was that gap for you?
Speaker 4: There was a three year gap, there was a six year gap.
Speaker 3: There was you know, because every time you do something on a camera, it lasts longer than what you expect. So people could be thinking you hot right now, but your shit ain't even know yet. Yeah, it's just it's just because you was in the process. They've seen you work and it may be coming, but it may never even get to their eyes. Yeah, it's your ego. Everything is fucking ego. It's just ego. Ego, ego, egotistical. Motherfuckers just want to be egotistical.
Speaker 4: I gotta have this. I gotta have that. I want this. I want the biggest stat I gotta have that. I gotta have this. Or I want to be Michael Jackson. I want to be Jada. I want to be Bill Cosby. I want to be Small.
Speaker 3: I want to be Or I want to be It's so much shit going on in people's heads when they see people that they deem success for, and it's tiresome.
Speaker 4: It's fucking tiresome.
Speaker 3: Like people really get beat the shit out of them, like they like you get beat the shut out of because you want to know why it doesn't make sense, like like you get So that's why I love this bad boys shit. It's bad boys shit. It put me on a whole other level of you know what. I just feel like I should just break some shit because I feel like it.
Speaker 4: I just don't.
Speaker 3: No, no, I deserve that because you don't know why. These people are fucking nuts. They're in fucking sane. They're insane. These people, the things that they think, of the things that they do. They're not artists. They don't bring any date. They have no contribution to our world. They're not doing anything for our children. They're not doing something for our futures. They're not doing shit. They ain't doing a motherfucking thing. And they they want to sit here and act like they're gonna get all this and all that and all this. No, no, nigga, we're tired of your music.
Speaker 4: We're tired of hearing your bullshit. Fucking this that. We're tired of all that shit.
Speaker 3: Nigga, come with it, come fucking with it, or nigga, it's on bad boys shit like it's on.
Speaker 1: So you're saying you like bad boys because the transparency of being able to be real, yes, and not be fake.
Speaker 3: And not be fake at all. Okay, Yeah, so they like have a problem.
Speaker 4: It's a difference.
Speaker 3: It's the difference between a person that realized that they was doing something and are you out in trouble like damn, But then when they realize what you're doing is actually helping him out. And you gotta jailing and all of this and all of this and all of you and this and this. You know, it's like he's.
Speaker 4: Crazy, he's he's fucking insane. But why is why Am I right?
Speaker 2: Because it's the truth?
Speaker 4: Okay? Cool?
Speaker 3: So if you're fighting for that, then that's what we stand on because a lot of people that they want to be able to tell the truth, but they can't see with my eyes. They can't see with your eyes, they can't see with your producer's eyes, they can't see what your assistants are, they can't see like how you see it, how you see it. It's not gonna be the way everybody else sees it, sweetie.
Speaker 4: It's just not. And that's what we have to get used to.
Speaker 3: We gotta get used to knowing and it ain't gonna be our motherfucking way because it's not about me.
Speaker 4: It's about the motherfuckers around me that want what I got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what advice would you give to like listeners that are listening that are aspiring to be to be kind of like feed the ego at the at the end of the day, I guess the way you put it, like trying to be a Jlo, trying to be an Orlando, Like what advice would you give them being the person that's sitting in your seat, Like is it as glamorous as they think it is? Or like what advice would you really give them?
Speaker 3: Like if as want to ask Orlando Brown, because I never fucking know what Jlo eats at.
Speaker 1: Nighttime, But I'm saying, Okay, I want to be Orlando Brown, what would what advice would you give?
Speaker 3: Likeency, you can never be Orlando Brown, But what you can do is you can figure out how to be the next Orlando Brown or the next this or the next that, the next Will Smith, the next Chris Rock the next day. Yo, everybody got a bag. I don't understand why niggas is mad and everybody want to be the man. But they motherfucking you know what I'm saying, They got half.
Speaker 4: Of a dick.
Speaker 1: But you also just said that the ego is also the problem, right yeah, And so I'm saying if you know that, say say I'm your little sister. I come to you and I'm like, yo, I want to be the next superstar. But you know, ego and success aren't ego and success are two different things. And success isn't that from what you're saying. Success isn't even as great as we all perceive it to be.
Speaker 3: So I want you to break it down to me. It's like supposed to be your job. You get you get famous for doing your job because because you have a production and all this shit, they're doing their job.
Speaker 4: Everybody's doing their job the way the world knows you. It's not you. It's never by yourself. You can do it by yourself.
Speaker 3: If you want to think that, be delusional because even when you think you by yourself, as somebody on the other side, like yo, let that fly for him.
Speaker 4: I love that for her. I love that for him, I love that for her.
Speaker 3: That right, it's somebody on the other side that's like yo, run at. It's never us. And that's the problem. People want to see us win, but we fuck ourselves up with the ego. People want to see us wineple want to see us love. People want to see us with our people significant this and that, and they want to see us with our co stars. And don't nobody want to work no more. Ain't nobody about the bag no more. Everybody's about ego. Everybody want to be a fucking migo. Everybody want to be Michael. Everybody want to be j Low everybody. Everybody want to be Adam Sandler, everybody want to be Eddie Murphy, everybody. I'm tired of the same fucking names. And why am I sticking out like a short thumb, Because I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: I think you stick out because you speak the truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yuh, you know you are the most I've met you. I met you years ago when I first moved to LA and you must have been like twelve or fourteen. I was in a community college. I met you. You could play every instrument. We all thought you were like eighteen or nineteen the way you spoke, and I remember bringing you home to my family and you played every instrument in their house, and everybody was like, what the fuck was that? And then we found out that you were like twelve or fourteen, like kicking it into college, and all I could think is like, this guy is brilliant. Then I see your music talent, and I just see how raw you are, and I fucking genuinely am like, yo, there's truth there. And I know executives that know of you and are like, what is the story because you have a guy that is when the truth is in you, it's a light. Whether it doesn't matter what antics go on around you. If the light is in you, people recognize it. And that's why people want to see I feel like people with the truth in them, everybody kind of is like rooting for you, like I want to see this nigga win. So when I got the phone call to even sit down with you, I fucking packed up my childer came here.
Speaker 2: I was like, cause I want to see this. I want to see you win.
Speaker 1: But I love the truth and the truth is so in you that and that's why it comes out in your music. Every time you open your mouth, even just sitting here in ten minutes, it's like the truth is there and it's fucking beautiful.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: You know, the atmosphere of life is the beauty inside of life. The atmosphere is just the canvas, and there are words, that's the paint, right, and then so you throw certain things out and then maybe it's not gonna work for certain people, but what works for people is knowing that it's okay to be themselves, making it okay for someone to be themselves and making it okay for people that haven't had a platform to make make make make a platform for themselves, make uh, you know, make make more money, make money, and then give opportunity to those like that actually never had an opportunity to do shit, you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying. And then that's where you come in.
Speaker 3: It's like, your gift is a blessing to certain people based off of what they can get from you because they want to be in your mind, is what we're doing is great?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, but they don't have your.
Speaker 3: Passion, right, So so you sit down with certain people and they don't have the same passion as what It's like, Yo, it's none of their fucking business. No, nobody's business. It's nobody's business what God has for you. It's nobody's business with you while you're your light shines by it to.
Speaker 4: The next person. It's nobody's fucking business.
Speaker 3: Don't ask me about why God put this on me, But don't ask why.
Speaker 4: Don't ask her why God put that on her. Don't don't know.
Speaker 3: We we we we are shining. We're a light because we're tired of your bullshit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can see it.
Speaker 3: We see right through it. She can see right through it. I can see right through it. Everybody can see right through your bullshit, everybody. So when you think about it, it's like, Okay, we want to see something different as a nation. You know, we want to we want to see everybody progress. We want to see everybody actually excel. Okay, what about being beyond the realm of human comprehension. You know, that's the best thing that we could do at this point, because no one knows what they're really trying to do. But if we're the day, then that means we're the Who's Who's.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I see.
Speaker 4: How can I lose when we're the Who's Who's?
Speaker 2: That's some deed that's dead though. So one of the questions I was asking.
Speaker 4: This shottle baby.
Speaker 1: Oh is that lyric? I'm I'm sorry, I am still old school. I only listen to like jay Z and Drake. I refuse to pick up new talent. Wow, I'm all old school. I'm also old school, but I'm school.
Speaker 4: But I love it. I love that little little baby line where he said, how can I lose? Who's who?
Speaker 2: I thought you just came over. Well, I may have to listen to the baby baby.
Speaker 4: Little baby baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, if if that's one of his lyrics.
Speaker 4: Really I'm playing he's serious as so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, like, uh, you know these people out here they're thinking, you know, you know what I'm saying, it's just like shooting and beating up and this is that. It's not that you know, it's the glory of God. It's the the containment of your soul. It's the containment of your spirits. It's the light in your eyes, you know. Uh, the spirit that that that shines through when you walk in the room. It's it's who are you making happy? When you talk to him? You know, It's it's uh, it's when you hug somebody, can they feel the warmth?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, like, it's your heart still beating type ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, like, is your heart still beating when I hug you?
Speaker 3: Because it could be a hug, right, And he was like, yeah, yeah, but it could be a hug Like oh my, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm saying. You know what I mean, it's two different ways to hug. I don't trust these niggas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I see yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't trust these niggas. And that's what I'm talking about. We like on the whole other ship. Like when where when Rasby told me, Hey, Orlando Brown, I gotta play how to play for you? How to play for you? Well, I gotta play for you, you know. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, So we're gonna go over here.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And what we're gonna do is I got motherfucking yeah sister. Uh and then when she do it, you know what I'm saying, she only I got to pray it right, So look check this out.
Speaker 4: Then all right, you got it.
Speaker 1: I'll be I met you downstairs, r let Brow and exactly.
Speaker 3: So it's like, you know, you put things in position to know that, you know, Like I was like, oh wow, this is something great. Rasby put this together. My sister's involved. I'm like, all right, we're good, bro. You know what I'm saying. It's just certain people that call you a Rasby called me about certain things.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I gotta go because it's you know, not not not only is it Rasby, but I gotta go because that's my my older brother, that's my brother. So I look at it as an honor and a blessing to be able to to make my brother look good and then also we can we can also make everybody else look good at the same time in the process. You know, I enjoyed watching you with UH with Neo was it Neil? I enjoyed that it was cool.
Speaker 2: Neil's a great storyteller.
Speaker 4: That was tight.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed that ship because I ain't seen Neo in a long time. And then I heard all about you and I was like, Okay, well let.
Speaker 4: Me see the show. I see you with Neo. I was like, yeah, we own we're doing this shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, thank you because you're doing your thing.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Yeah, because you're doing your things.
Speaker 1: So I have a question, how how do you handle your off seasons? And I'm when I say off seasons like seasons where you're not working.
Speaker 3: My off seasons are filled with the Holy Spirit and nothing but.
Speaker 4: Ooh, nothing but the Word of God. Nothing but the Word of God.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to read the Bible, nobody wants everybody, nobody talk, nobody wants.
Speaker 4: To nobody want they want to read. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The instructions to the universal remote, but they will, you know, work the TV, but they don't want to work their life. And then when you pick up the Bible and it's happening right now and it's scared your ass, you want to put the Bible down. You want to stop reading. You want to stop reading God's word. You want to stop reading God's word because why it's scaring your ass. It's real, it's happening right now. And a lot of people don't. They don't like it.
Speaker 4: They hate it because they're not a part of it. They don't know what the fuck's going on because they're not reading their word.
Speaker 3: They're not reading the Word, and it's literally going on right now. It's going on right now when you pick it up.
Speaker 1: When you read the Word, it talks about the flesh and the spirit, and they they're not in agreement. How do you when you're reading the Word? Like, what do you feel when you constantly see that the flesh and the spirit are constantly in battle?
Speaker 4: It has nothing to do with the flesh fighting and all this shit. It has everything to.
Speaker 3: Do with you reading the word. Everybody's being difficult. How just pick it up? So?
Speaker 1: But are you only picking it up when you're off season, or you pick it up. How often do you read your Bible every day?
Speaker 3: I don't play every day. I need it every day. I need it every day. I can't do it without my Bible. It ain't gonna happen. I tell them, I get locked up.
Speaker 4: I look at him. Give me my fucking Bible and a sweater. Bitch is cold. I don't want no food. I don't want none of that shit. Give me my bible. Give me my bible. Give me my fucking Bible.
Speaker 3: Before I start spaccing, Like yeah, I need it every day. I search for them every day. I see this every day. This ain't no game. It s ain't no game. With my soul, with your soul, this ain't no game. Want our souls. They want us to go from this to that to thatfter this to this to that, and they want us flip flopping it wanta.
Speaker 4: They want to rape our souls, in our bodies.
Speaker 3: They want our pussies open, they want our asses up, they want our dicks out. It's serious. These niggas is hot and horny and don't give a fuck. They want to touch you between your legs. They want to fuck you.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a big pimp out there running around here somewhere, you know, and it ain't God, you know.
Speaker 4: So my main thing is, you know what I'm saying, Like, I can't.
Speaker 3: Put you in position to understand every fucking day if I can, I'm not perfect. He ain't done with me like I was. Steve Harvey, understand me. Say no, this is an ongoing process. You ain't gonna never be perfect in this bitch.
Speaker 2: What's your strive for?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: Just to get after what they did to us? We're striving for everything we could possibly be allowed to have. Not what we want. We don't want, Ship because.
Speaker 2: What we want and what we need, what do you think we need?
Speaker 4: We need each other? Yeah, collectiveness, that's it. Yeah, we got a call gift Shies. You know.
Speaker 3: It's a different like I rolle with like obatun Day and you know, it's legends like that that put me in position to be like you know, like a.
Speaker 4: You know, Mario VN.
Speaker 3: Peebles and Damon Ways and you know Robert Townsend and Ship. You know, like these are the people that I grew up with a few of people that you know, so I look at shit totally different when it comes down to how we present ourselves. We are getting paid to make ourselves look like fucking stupid assholes.
Speaker 4: Do you do you do?
Speaker 2: You have social media? By the way, Yeah, I have social Do you actually go on it or you?
Speaker 3: I'm on it all the time, but I only I don't. But I don't read I post.
Speaker 4: It's a difference.
Speaker 2: Oh so you don't go to scroll.
Speaker 4: I don't read the narrative. I am the narrative.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so you just go to post.
Speaker 3: I'm not looking to do anything other than cook for my wife. If there's some recipes I see, I'll scroll and tap it to my wife. Everything else is Are you a cooker?
Speaker 4: Yes? I cooked mynd.
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: If so, usually we tape on set. What would you have cooked for me for real though?
Speaker 4: Probably like some lobster mac?
Speaker 2: Well, actually no, you would have done the egg sandwich because it's okay?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, well ship all right. Well if it was like that, then your lobster mac though.
Speaker 2: But you do the lobster bake mac.
Speaker 4: I do the lobster mac and cheese for you.
Speaker 2: But is it baked or is it regular?
Speaker 4: Oh? Okay, okay, I cook. I could cook like my grandma.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, like Mammy Ganny and uh, you know Mama Helen and shit.
Speaker 4: You know I cook. You know when your grandma baby. You got to be around grandma all the time. So I'm in the kids. You're looking all the time grandma and baby. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So who put you onto God in the Bible?
Speaker 4: My grandma, Mama grain.
Speaker 2: So you've been doing the Bible for a while now, Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Well Bible for a long time for a Bible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's your staple. That's it keeps you grounded.
Speaker 1: When if you get off track, are you reaching for the Bible?
Speaker 2: What's pulling you back? Like?
Speaker 4: What is nothing to get You can't You can't get off track. There's no such thing as going off track. Which you can do? Is you can?
Speaker 2: What about when you indulge, that's not going off track?
Speaker 3: Oh no, when you indulge, you can. People make mistakes. People get fucked up all the time. I'm not gonna blame the person that get fucked up and get drunk in the club. But this white bitch can walk in her house every day with a mansion and shit.
Speaker 4: And have martini after work. Yeah, ain't that the same alcoholic.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying when I say indulged, like when you're I call it feeding the flesh, because that's how when I read the Bible. I just became Christian at twenty nine. Okay, I was raised Jewish. Okay, so when I I kind of did the whole like born again Jesus freak level, like you know, you go, are you go? Well, I've been having sex and you know, all the girls at church, your virgins and everybody speaking and they're not cursing. And I went through that phase of guilt. So what I had interpreted it as when I read the Bible, it's like, you know, to walk in spirit and try to deny your flesh because fleshly is like I want to be cool, I want to be popular, I want to have money, I want to be beautiful. I'm competing with you know nowadays with Instagram, I feel like, honestly, like I'm just saying, like between you and me, like i feel like holes are starting to make me feel insecure as a woman, and I'm not even that's because as much as guys say, and I don't want to get off topic, but as much as guys say, they don't value like you value your wife, right, But I feel like in the same light, guys can say I value my wife. But man, these hoes, Man, this is where I want to be. You're you're my almost not where I want to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I got my motherfucking baby mamas. Those are those are those are my hoes. I have baby mamas that are hoes, like they real hoes. Though my wife is a real wife, Like these hoes are crazy.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, some of these holes look classy, Like I when I used to think of holes, I used to think about the girl that walks around on the g string, the girls that are sucking my husband. I'm just being honest. They look like regular girls. And some of them, yeah they have their ass out. But I'm just saying, like holes are to me. I'm a real woman that's obviously faithful and like does the cook and cleaning. But I'm just saying, like I look at these holes now like shit, maybe I you know, like I'm my flesh and my spirit just battle on a lame level.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we battle. We battle. We battle as human beings.
Speaker 3: The flesh is just a stop, It's just a pitstop. It's not possible for you to sell yourself. It's possible for you to trade places with somebody, though, possible for you to put somebody's skin on.
Speaker 4: I give you two hundred and fifty million right now, turn you into j love. It's facts.
Speaker 2: It is possible.
Speaker 3: So anybody that has put themsel in a position for somebody to be them, then that's what we can do. We're supposed to. It's called in America. You can be whoever you want to be. You can do you can be your superhero. So if if I wanted, if I if I pay ten million dollars right now and right and and then so I say, I pay ten million to be the rock. So I wanted to call my son as the rock. They're idolizing these people. It has nothing to do with the flesh no more. It's the spirit. It's the mind and the soul, the body. We can shake this at any time.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, and I idolize, that's my spirit idolizing right well.
Speaker 3: No, idolizing is literally like I love another God.
Speaker 4: That's idolizing.
Speaker 3: And okay, so me saying that I am in love with myself idolizing, you know, I'm idolizing myself. Okay, when it comes down to me and what I believe and who I am, it's certain things that you're gonna see in my in my process and how I move that.
Speaker 4: Nobody else gonna move like that.
Speaker 3: Nobody else gonna talk like that, nobody else gonna pop off that, nobody's gonna say that kind of shit because that's how I move. That's my soul. That has nothing to do with my flesh. That mean, if they put me in your body right now, I can step outside get shot. It's like, you know what I'm saying, It's like that's my soul that they taking away. Yeah, they can't have my it's impossible to sell it. But you can silence a person for a very long time, like they did Tupac, turn you into a dog ten years.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, shut the fuck up. You're talking too much. We're gonna turn your ass into a dog. I think you lost me I'm supposed to.
Speaker 1: I think you actually may have lost me there. Yeah, what do you think about when you look at Kanye? I think Kanye is one of the most brilliant people I've ever seen or been around. I'm just saying I do think. I mean there's a massive ego there. But I think what's the look for the.
Speaker 4: Thing with Kanye?
Speaker 3: The thing is, the thing with Kanye is more like the thing with Kanye is I don't care, Like like, Kanye can do whatever the fuck you want to do because they gave him that kind of money.
Speaker 4: But do they know they they did.
Speaker 3: That to these kids heads, They allowed him to step in the studio, They know he has a problem.
Speaker 4: They don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm trying to tell you, though.
Speaker 4: We everybody that allowed it. Who was you want brought him up? True?
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're they we're talking about Kanye right now. He's not even fucking here, That's what. But that's what I'm no. But that's what I'm that. Nah, it's cool when they do it, it's a problem when I do it. Fuck that what you mean about Kanye? Kanye gonna be Kanye West until he can stop streaming Kim Kardashian's name or to an earth Northwest get a fucking record deal. Yeah, because it's not gonna stop. It's not gonna stop, and it's fucking annoying. Well, what about Kanye and what about Kanye?
Speaker 4: And what? No fuck that what about Orlando fucking Brown?
Speaker 2: Facts?
Speaker 4: What about what about Orlando Brown?
Speaker 2: Speaking of Orlando, what's the next move?
Speaker 3: The next move is this bad boy's thing, you know, it is just like an awesome thing. But the next move is just making sure I go to the telly and make love of my wife. I ain't seen my wife like in three weeks, and I'm finna have some fucking love sessions that I'm finna put my son to sleep and oh.
Speaker 2: I love that. What was your decision when you when you decided to marry your wife?
Speaker 4: What was what was for me?
Speaker 1: What was what was that decision that made you choose your wife? Like, what was that pivotal moment where you were like that's it?
Speaker 3: Well, the thing, the thing with my wife is she's not a playtoy, you know what I'm saying, Like like she shows that every man and every woman you know, you know, we have we have choices, and we have options, and we can do what we want to do. Somebody fuck with you, they really fuck with you, that's what that's how, that's how that happen. My wife really fuck with me though, like the long way.
Speaker 1: I like that, and then that was the that was it. Now, when you are out in the world and you have all these options and everything, that's the thing that holds Those.
Speaker 3: Are not considered options. Those are bodies. Remember we just talked about that. Those are bodies. Those are not options. Those temptations. Yeah, it's not options. Want me to have an option, Want me to have an option? Okay, take me, take me to uh, take me to Prince Harry's house. Fuck his bitch like he like she fucking everybody else.
Speaker 4: That's not Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying, Let's do that. Let's fuck his bitch like like she fucking everybody else. Let's let's let's let's do that. You know, like you want options. If if I'm gonna have options, then we want to my mama's house.
Speaker 4: We're going, yeah, we're going. Yeah. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Other than that, I can't. I can't do nothing with this options thing there. These people are not considered options.
Speaker 1: They're just temptations. They're temptations and bodies bodies.
Speaker 2: Bodies, bodies, got a body, got a bag than you one of us.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Orlando, you're doing the bad boys thing. Okay, you're spiritually aligned. It's obvious. I love the way you're You're just dropping gems. So are you gonna be dropping music.
Speaker 4: If I'm allowed to?
Speaker 2: Why do you say if allowed? We're in a different age.
Speaker 4: There's no no. I have to be allowed.
Speaker 2: I can't like when you say aloud, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: It means my mother is Elvis Presley and my daddy is Michael Jackson.
Speaker 4: That's what it means. I have to be allowed.
Speaker 3: I have to be allowed if they allow me to, I would oblige them.
Speaker 4: Promise you I would.
Speaker 2: Do you want to stay in the industry or would you.
Speaker 4: The industry's minds?
Speaker 2: So you're you're here to stay, not going nowhere? What's the best part of being in an industry?
Speaker 4: The best part is no part. What do you mean? There is no part?
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's no downside to being in an industry.
Speaker 3: There's no upside either, So why being it? Because I'm already chosen burgers job.
Speaker 2: It's your job. I see, Look, man, I'm going to cool. You're taking me to school.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm making burrier.
Speaker 3: Ay, even without McDonald's behind me, I can go anywhere and still make the same burgers. Without Disney, I could still go back to the Orlando Brown Show without without Zeus, I could still go without. Yeah, it's it's it's the person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's why I'm saying, like, Okay, I've seen your talent musically, it's a no brainer. But then you I say, well, are you going to drop music? I have to be allowed. And I don't know what that answer means. To be honest, I.
Speaker 4: Gave you an answer, and I told you who my mom and my dad is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Jack Jackson, right, Michael Jackson, Elvis president, and they're not here.
Speaker 4: They don't even know Elvis is a woman.
Speaker 1: See, did you keep you lost me? I'm supposed to let me ask you something. I was talking to some girlfriends yesterday and this is off topic, but and I said, you know, it would be interesting. I feel like there's a chance that God is a woman and she's black.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well if she wasn't black, then why are here? Nappy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like I just I feel like black women carry so much.
Speaker 4: Wait yeah, also, but I also feel like white people do too.
Speaker 2: In one way, they are a lot of ship, motherfucker, but they stole a lot of ship. But who cares.
Speaker 3: It's over see, that's that forty cow, that forty mule in the fucking land and all the shit. Leave that ship alone. It's too much. Let it go today, But let it go. Can you let it go if it's still happening, But let it go. Let me whoop your ass every day and then you tell me to let it go. I promise you got to let it go because you're not getting your ass with right now.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. It's still happening today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's different.
Speaker 3: Like I was already telling you about the body being able to travel with spirit leaving this and that we already talked about that. Slavery is the governments, it's not ours. You have to allow the devil to come in. You have to let that. You have to let the devil in.
Speaker 4: You can't. He can't just do it to you. Yeah, oh now you see me. Yeah, he can't. Just he can't just touch God's children. Oh yeah, you have to.
Speaker 2: God allows him to play, to ask.
Speaker 3: Questions and ship like that and tempt you. Yeah, but he's not gonna. He's not gonna. He's not he's not built like that Lucifer or not built like.
Speaker 4: Lucifer, not built like that. Neither is satan.
Speaker 1: Okay, so just just going back before you know, but I know you got to buy that, so okay, we're gonna go back to eat, all right. So okay, so when you were on set, you were doing these broke dishes just to kind of like, you know, suffice the time, just quick meal. But were you ever actually broke ever where you were actually trying to survive?
Speaker 2: And I'm just being.
Speaker 3: Personally like I went through a lot of shit, and you know what I'm saying. I went through a lot of ship and that shit was fun at fuck, but I went through a lot of shit and then I made that shit work. So like, you know, like, what was the brokers like the brokeus I ever been?
Speaker 1: Like, like straight up, like, what was the brocus you're seeing money been? What's the brocus You've ever been?
Speaker 4: I ever been? Is right now?
Speaker 3: That's the brokeers I've ever been. And I'm telling you that's the brocust I've ever been?
Speaker 2: And how do you feel about it?
Speaker 4: Because I feel good about it?
Speaker 3: Because you want to know why if somebody out there still broke, I could go right now?
Speaker 4: I could. I could, I could I could take care of my family.
Speaker 3: I could actually eat I could actually, like you know, because remember I told you I slept in parks.
Speaker 4: I did that, I did.
Speaker 2: You didn't tell me that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I slept in parks and did all that shit, and you will.
Speaker 2: But that was after success.
Speaker 3: Nah, that was while I was successful. While you think I'm sitting here talking to you.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, while you so you're saying while you're successful, yeah, is that because you're not seeing the money, the money getting rerouted?
Speaker 4: I want?
Speaker 3: That's because I literally couldn't take either, couldn't take the people that was around me. I don't want to be around the motherfuckers. Or I just wanted to go away. I drift, they call me Jesus, I guess.
Speaker 2: So you'll just check out.
Speaker 3: I'll check out on a nigga like I'll just go walk and leave me the fuck alone and figure it out, because sometimes some people can't understand how you know to eat to Molly's for fucking weeks at a time, because that's all you could buy with the ten dollars that was in your bag, you know, in this place over here.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, they got for a dollar?
Speaker 2: Can we talks an alcohol?
Speaker 4: You can talk whatever?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: When do you do drugs and alcohol play a role in Brokeness? Or were you just like I'm checking out when I have money.
Speaker 3: It's more like like you know, I'm I'm a fan of I'm you know, I'm a fan of like you know Jim Morrison, you know a led Zeppelin. I'm I'm a big fan of. You know, Mick Jagger. You know I I don't. I'm I'm the truth, you know what I'm saying. So I don't play with like certain ship. It's like I get I stay away, Like if you don't bring drugs and alcohol into it, you have to actually be fucked off off. Yeah you gotta chase that ship. You gotta chase that ship as a thirty five year old man, Yeah, I would have to go chase it. Yeah, that's where the problem comes in.
Speaker 4: That's where is all right.
Speaker 1: But when you say you're broke and you're choosing to sleep out in a park, you're like, well, I don't want to be around people. So it's not because of say drugs or alcohol or actual brokeness. It's just like, hey, I want to go Like there's a guy I follow his three mules and a guy or something. He lives in California. He has three mules, and he like lives on a like ten dollars a month budget, and he likes to be living on the streets or whatever, and that's his choice. I'm saying, your brokeness isn't really is it? Well, I guess it is somewhat you need broke actual physical money, but it sounds to me like it's also like no, I like one with earth, Like I want to go to the park and chill. I want to check out of this money shit. I don't want to carry a debit card a credit card, like I'm just checked out. So you're saying that you're broke physic like that, or you just choose like peace is kind of more broke for you.
Speaker 3: I think that when it comes down to, well, when you have you have peace, then you have broke.
Speaker 4: You have rich, then you have famous wealthy.
Speaker 2: But you are experiencing all of that.
Speaker 4: Most people don't.
Speaker 1: Most people just experience brokeness or having money. When you add fame to it, then you have ego. But in your case, you can always make money. Look at you today, You're sitting here.
Speaker 4: You're making money.
Speaker 3: Check this out as the seven forty seven? Do you want to be a private jet?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't know the difference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, I'm okay as the seven forty seven darling, would you want to turn into the private jet or do you want to stay at a seven forty Yeah, You're gonna make more money that way, So I'm not gonna play with your time. What I'm gonna tell you is is there's legends, there's historical people, there's this, that that, But they're calling them, they're self proclaiming these these names. Okay, when you're that person, you're the one getting called the names. You never self proclaim yourself to be any thing. That's where it comes in.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: If a person is gonna be high drunk, this you're self proclaiming yourself. Is that when when you walk in the room, you're a drunk motherfucker. You're self proclaiming yourself. Is that when you come in, when you come into the room and you're high as fuck, you're eld of March. Oh you're highest fuck all the time? Oh we know you to be high. Right, it's not a it's not a like, don't self proclaim yourself as something without even speaking it. That's what drugs and alcohol does it self proclaims the person to be something that they're not even you know, and they're just being it and they haven't even gotten over it and they haven't gotten over yet.
Speaker 4: So we've all had that that.
Speaker 3: Experience to where we're down or we're drunk, or we're having fun with our friends, we're turned up, we're getting high, we're smoking with we're doing what you know, I mean, like I have my times. You know, there's there's fun in that. But at the same time, we're not gonna revel in that. We're not gonna wallow when that we're not. We're going to go over the border and across the sea.
Speaker 4: Over the border, cross sea. I know, some thing's going to be weirding for.
Speaker 1: Or I had at thirty five, though, you've accomplished going through all these hurdles and you're sitting here, you're survived, married, have a family, and you're doing well. Right to me, the fact that you're sitting here doing well, you have done what most people have never done in their lifetime.
Speaker 4: That's why they want me. They wanted me dead.
Speaker 1: And when you say they so, One of the questions one of my friends had asked me, was like, do you think Orlando was purposely pushed out of the industry at some point I.
Speaker 4: Was purposely pushed out my mam and pushy. I'm sure that.
Speaker 2: Should heard it, but not out the industry.
Speaker 4: The industry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's different, But you know, my main thing is just more like I say all the time, I could care. But the thing about caring is you have to care. You have to actually care. And then that's where I am. And that's where everybody know me as I actually care.
Speaker 2: You care, you don't care?
Speaker 3: I care, Okay, you can, you can, you cannot care. You know, you can easily not care. But I care genuinely and then and then and then I have I have family members to prove it.
Speaker 4: I get to call them people.
Speaker 3: Mama's and yeah, it's a problem like I'm in and and but not like a friend friend friend, like I'm family to everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm the baby. Okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna have to talk to me otherwise it's gonna be some ship, you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying. And that's where it's at.
Speaker 3: Like I've I've grown, I've grown to understand the difference between the level of a man and the mouth of a man, the eyes of a man, and the heart of a man, the soul of a man and the body of a man, the feet of a man, the mouths of a man. Where you're going, how long you've been walking? Brother, you're hungry, you're thirsty. That's where it sat with me. You get on on that level that ain't nobody could ever deny you because you actually, you actually gave that man some shoes.
Speaker 4: You actually gave him some fucking water when he really was bad, down, he was down bad, He didn't have no water.
Speaker 3: He was fucking thirsty as a bitch. You actually put a jacket on that man when he was cold. You didn't even know that that man was Bill Gates. That's that's what it is. They when they say, oh, yeah, well, be careful who you talk to when you walk into a store, when you're doing this and when you're doing that. No, be careful who the fuck you talk to. You don't know who you're talking to. I know who I'm talking to. That's the difference.
Speaker 1: Is it that you know who you're talking to, you know who you are. I feel like you just know who you are.
Speaker 3: Both both but it's more like I know who I'm talking to though when I'm talking, you know what I'm saying, And it's a difference.
Speaker 4: It's just the movement. It's the respect.
Speaker 3: It's the idolization of idolizing a person so much to where you're just like, oh my goodness, or just no, fuck all that idolize the shit me.
Speaker 4: I look like, all right, let me give you this ring. It's tight, cause I think that looks nice. I think I love that for you.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like, get into the heart of a person before you start making decisions for a person soul or trying to claim a person soul or trying to do stuff that you don't. You don't it doesn't fit you. You gotta be a person of solace. You know what that word means. Okay, you have to be a solace. It's basically piece, your piece, whatever your piece is, when you find solace in something like I find solace in the Bible, I find solace in this, or I find solace in music. I'm finding my piece in something. Anti disestablishmentarianisms, that's what I'm into. Do you know what that means.
Speaker 4: It's the seventh biggest word in the dictionary, and it means church.
Speaker 2: Will say the word anti anti disestablishmentarianism, anti disestablishmentarianisms means churches. Okay, but it says anti So you're anti disestablishment anti church. That is the word, not what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The seventh biggest word in the dictionary is anti disestablishmentarianism with me, which means church and anti disestablishmentarianisms means churches.
Speaker 2: Yes, baby, well is ras in here because we're gunning it close on time? Oh is trying to save you?
Speaker 4: Look at.
Speaker 2: You say, angels there he's Jackson.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he came to save me. That's what he did.
Speaker 2: That's what And let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Orlando did a killer impressonation of you. That was, like I promise you, people will believe that was you talking.
Speaker 4: He did it good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you know because every time you know, it's me and my brother.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And then when I do this shit, I do it so small because see the think no, no, no, thinking about beat you is they don't understand. I put I got all the receipts. I have all the receipts, I have everything, all the receipts. No, that's not yesterday, niggasid we had all the receipts the motherfucker Millennium tour.
Speaker 1: Let me just okay, well he got it. Let me tell you, I'm gonna close out. Thank you so much for your time, Thanks for being vulnerable, real and honest and truthful, and just thank you for your time.
Speaker 2: It's a blessing. And as for your.
Speaker 3: Time, and thank you for your show, and God bless your show. And I can't wait to watch more episodes of your show. And I can't wait to see this ship when you get an audience.
Speaker 2: I'm coming okay perfect, Oh oh, I like you speaking that on me. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I love that for you.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right, Thanks guys for checking out another episode of Eating While Broke, And even though Orlando isn't in the kitchen, I'm definitely gonna add his Eating while Broke dish to our cookbook.
Speaker 2: So please look out for that.
Speaker 4: Peace peace.
Speaker 1: For more Eating While Broke from iHeartRadio and The Black Effect, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.