Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three thirty two, Episode three of Dad's I Guys Day production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's share consciousness.
Speaker 1: And it's Wednesday, April third, twenty twenty four. Happy four three two four to you, brother?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know what. It's also National Film Score Day, so power up the John Williams and whatever whoever you want to get down on.
Speaker 1: That's all we listen to in our household. Man, It's just all John Williams, so much, John Williams, got to get got Jurassic Park. We have some some honz Emmer, but it's it's mainly just you know them remembering enjoying movies.
Speaker 2: Damn he did Harry Potter too, Dude, he did it all. Oh my god, this guy is fucking wild.
Speaker 1: Uh Joanna Jones.
Speaker 2: Let's see what else is that? I was just thinking herman?
Speaker 1: Uh oh have you met her? Superman?
Speaker 2: Yes? I have the soup. National Find a Rainbow Day. It's also National Chocolate Moose Day, National tweed Day, and National Walking Day, because hey, I'm walking here, okay, Christopher.
Speaker 1: I feel like National Chocolate Moose Day has to be big chocolate moose, realizing they overdid it at Easter. They made too much chocolate moose to fill the eggs. Not enough eggs were sold. And they have they have all this, Yeah, they have all this unloaded, all this moose to unload and you do frame and style, you know, except they can't just like put it through their pant leg in a prison yard. They got to just do a National Chocolate Moose Day. Anyways, what the fuck am I talking about? Well, I'm just gonna let you keep doing it. Is Jack O'Brien aka feeding Crowls, miss a Day Umbrella dies. That is courtesy of Zach Van Noos on the discord. Great Zach Vans little yarlin got my yarl on And that's always a good feeling to start a Wednesday off. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Grays. Greg.
Speaker 2: Kay, if you haven't gun problems after Batv's son, I got ninety nine problems, but a gun a one hit me. Okay, that's from problems. Obviously, cut guns. We got gun problems.
Speaker 1: That's what it is, all right, So we don't have guns, don't have gun problems.
Speaker 2: Hey, but here's the thing. I do have Bazukahs, and I do have military great explosions.
Speaker 1: You do have Bazuka problems.
Speaker 2: I have problems, terrible fucking Bozuka problems.
Speaker 1: Zuka Joe problems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I should clarify just I'm talking about Bazuka Joe, the bubble gum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bozuka rarely, he rarely earns his name, but when he does, when he just starts blowing those people to smithereens.
Speaker 2: And the was Withzuka. Was Bazuka Joe like a like a post World War two like propaganda character, or we're just great Bazuka Joe like whatever, A Bozuka Bazuka. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know why why he was called that. I think I assumed Juughhead was in that, but I don't think that's correct. I think that was conflating Bazuka Joe and Archie unless they were part of the same shared universe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a motley crew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they they took place in towns near one another. I feel like, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they all had that weird can't trust their single dot for an eye type Look, yeah, you know what I mean. That's definitely, and Bazuka Joe had an eye patch. I guess early. I feel like there was a nineties version of Bazuki anyway, doesn't matter if y'all know what's the deal with Bazuka Joe right.
Speaker 1: That blew one of his eyes out with the damn Bazuka because he had a problems. All right, Miles, We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of our favorite guests, a very funny comedian, the host of the podcast The Froncast Yourself with Pod Yourself the Wire, one of the best follows on social media, one of the funniest people doing it anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's wow, man, setup that took a while.
Speaker 4: Ship oh god, like just trying to set that up for that one bit. And and the whole joke was me going Mama Matt Leeb instead of Chicka Chicka.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, oh god, Hey, what's the big Matt's Vegas Matts of the Leapkins Kids.
Speaker 4: I came up with, Yeah, I love Matts of the moment. It's not last the Matt Leapkins too. It's too simple.
Speaker 1: It's got to be out of recognizable and it has to like sound like a different name. Leapkins sounds like the name of like nineteen fifties union guy or something exactly.
Speaker 4: Moleapkin is part of like Local two thirty eight, and it's like, we take the only let uce off the trucks. Moleipkin, don't ask me to fucking carry that. Yeah, bro's union break. I'm not taking any cabbage. I'm not taking any fucking solantro. No, yes, let us whoa whoa Yeah. Hey, So so you know I can't really talk shit on you know, you coming out with that AKA because I spent like three hundred dollars just to go.
Speaker 1: I think I think this. I'd feel like this is how you're how we should record the podcast.
Speaker 6: You why do it any other way?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Yeah anyway, Fanos, thanks so much for joining us.
Speaker 7: Have seen those stones?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't stop asking about it, dude. I was just in your closet looking for some bubble gum and I didn't steal your damn stones like you keep saying, Well, be.
Speaker 7: Careful because they got Bazooka Joe in there.
Speaker 2: Oh you do. Yeah, well, well now back in. That's what I asked you. That's why I was in there for so long.
Speaker 7: You know why they call Himzka Joe.
Speaker 2: Tell me Thanos.
Speaker 7: Because he was the first guy to show up World War two and say I'm here to chew bubble gum and kill Nazis and I'm all out of bubble.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it's weird the thing. The voice effect went off when you said Nazis for some reason, like it has.
Speaker 7: Self censorship, just in case this ever gets released on the TikTok.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm all right, Mattley. Were going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things we're talking about. Florida's new anti abortion law is a winner for nobody except maybe the Biden administration. But it's a true terrifying attack on bodily autonomy. The third most populous state one a top five third most popular state in the United States. We'll talk about that. We'll talk about New York inmates suing the state to see the eclipse, and then we'll talk about it's back. Baby Havana syndrome is back. Sixty minutes was like no, no, no, no, no, no no. We have a scoop on this one, and then it's just like ninety nine percent boomer like talking about the jfk assassination, being like, isn't it interesting the CIA was and if we look at these documents, you'll see that this person was in the same date at that time, and therefore, don't you have a little provocative that it's like, what the fuck are you talking about this? Anyways, we'll talk about the latest findings on the Havana syndrome findings with a question mark. But before we get to any of that, Matt Lee, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history or what's something that you've recently screencapped.
Speaker 4: About cap that's a new one, that's new.
Speaker 1: I might to brry it up for the people after seven years.
Speaker 2: Where we be remissed not to mention other podcasts Bad has Bora also, that's.
Speaker 4: Right, I have a new podcast about Israeli propaganda. Yeah, it's called Bad Hasbara the World's Most Moral Podcast. Yes, so you know, if you're interested in what's currently going on in the Middle East, Israel and gods and whatnot. Yeah, I talk about it from an American Jewish anti Zionist perspective and it's a lot of fun. I think you guys will enjoy it. It's also it's also uh, you know crazy, but yeah, I mean the screencap thing is interesting because you know, I because like if you you know, when you ask like, what's the last thing, it's something in your Google search history that reveals something about you, And it's just it's just as Israel, that's what's said for the last five months to yeah, oh just you know, just having a normal one guys. Yeah, just a normal Wednesday, Just a normal Wednesday. Everyone's just chilling, nothing weird or anything going on.
Speaker 2: No, no, no errant strikes on aid workers that were working for Jose Andres. Yeah, so what Yeah, yeah that was like, oh that was a really bad mistake.
Speaker 7: Is like with the.
Speaker 2: Ideas and you're like, mistakes a convoy three times, Well, you never made a mistake, so what man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like listen, we've all made mistakes before. Yeah. But the funny thing is this is the one where they're going to actually admit that they did it, which I'm like, hey, progress is progress, right, Yeah, this is the first time they're like no, no, see that was Hamas right.
Speaker 2: All right, it was that we thought Hamas was in the car with them, right.
Speaker 1: In the sandwiches they were handing out.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's because they were like wait wait, so you know you're you're telling me non Palestinian people got hurt. Jesus, what a tragedy, right, yeah, exactly, it's it's so sick. And yeah, you know, but in terms of like a screen cap, there was someone who was Ever since you know, I started kind of talking about the whole Israel thing on the Internet, I've been getting a lot of just like weird blue check mark trolls. You know, people are like paying for Twitter so that they can have their troll comment be like the first thing I've seen. Yeah, and so there was this one guy who I'm not going to say is you know his his act because why and he was just he was just talking crap about me and you know, saying a bunch of awful things. And of course the weird thing about paying for Twitter is you still don't get the likes or engagement that you want. So it's it's people who are literally like not they're not good enough at Twitter to actually get anyone to you know, engage with them. But they're still like, well i'd still like to give it a shot. I'd still like to try. And so he wrote this like terrible thing. And then I said something like, uh, don't worry, man, at some point someone will talk to you, right and and he said, you know what, I'd sincerely respect you retweeting this, but I don't think you have the balls. I was like, this is the funniest way to ask for help. Yeah, you don't have the balls to help me. WHOA, yeah you're a therapist. I'm doomed, doctor Daniel.
Speaker 2: You don't have the balls.
Speaker 1: To help me. Help me, I want to say, my marriage.
Speaker 2: You don't have the balls to help me.
Speaker 1: Okay, you just point.
Speaker 7: DC.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you know it's it's it's nice when a request for engagement comes with like a like a dare you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but just pouched in such toxicity too. You don't have the fucking ball.
Speaker 4: Really, you don't have the balls to like help this kind of reach a wider audience, you know, Like I don't know, because I have lots of I have lots of thoughts about things, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe like you see like a museum or like local arts foundation do a fundraise, Like you don't have the balls to keep music in our public school, like what it might ship to if you have the balls? What is something that you think is underrated? Man?
Speaker 4: Something that I think is underrated. I'll tell you. I think one thing that's underrated is wait for a moment for me to get my dock open.
Speaker 2: Waiting, waiting, waiting, stretching, stretching, stretch.
Speaker 7: M hm.
Speaker 2: Is this for real?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 4: This is for real?
Speaker 7: This is okay? Okay?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Oh you got one of those little gloppy bubble little bloppy but there's like little balls on the inside. Yeah, and that thing doesn't have the balls to help us.
Speaker 1: This thing doesn't have the balls, you know.
Speaker 2: I had one of those two Sorry, complete sidetracked. Isn't the outside on like un like? Just grotesquely sticky? Yeah, way too sticky. I'm like I could take it to a wall. It leaves a residue on your hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. Anyway, we're talking about cheap easter toys because I had a weird easter buddy like that in our baskets under Anyway, what are you saying, Matt, Huh?
Speaker 4: Something that I think is underrated?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, underrated.
Speaker 4: Can we do overrated instead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Jesus Christy, Sorry you said this guy was a pro.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, guys, I said this guy was pro. I had an incredible mourning. How dare you, Matt?
Speaker 1: What is something you think is overrated? Oh?
Speaker 4: Something that's overrated? Thank you for asking. You know, what's overrated is vacations when you have a child, super overrated.
Speaker 1: I keep hearing, Oh are you so relaxed from your vacation.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, a new thing I'm discovering. There's no such thing as vacation. It's over things are done. It's like vacation is just a new room in a new town where baby needs me twenty four to seven, and uh, it's you know, like it kind of like puts the whole idea of vacation in a question like why why I ever do it?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 4: Like now, like I look at federal holidays in which daycare is off with like dread. I'm counting down the days.
Speaker 2: You're like fucking good Friday?
Speaker 4: Bullshit? Yeah, like ash Wednesday? You're not taking ash Wednesday off? Look after my child?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Discrimination president today, who gives a fuck down with America? Like I'll say this to you know, any daycare.
Speaker 2: You don't have the balls to stay open.
Speaker 1: You have the balls look after my kids on Christmas? All right, Matt, do you what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: Something I think is underrated Israel? Israel, sorry killing it. I like to like come back to Israel at all points. Something I know, something I think is underrated is peace. I think, you know, the the great thing about peace is that everybody likes it and everybody when there's peace, and I think severely right now the idea of peace is being underrated. So that's that's that's my underrated for this week. You know, Yeah, I get that. You know they say, can't get piece till we get a piece too. That's right.
Speaker 2: That's two Tac quotes in two days in a row. I just had to hit the well, it was your first TUPAC quote yesterday. We're taking from them because for years they've been.
Speaker 7: Taking from me.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: And I said that in the context of how you should just be able to steal things on Air Force one, everything on there is if it's not like both, like I said, I'll take the fucking cockpit door if I have to. If I was on there, that's mine I paid. That's got to be at least a couple of years of my tax dollars right there in that door.
Speaker 1: So those cockpit, those flight like the things they sit in flight chairs, that's not right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're called flight chairs, No, got.
Speaker 2: Flight flight recliners.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're.
Speaker 4: Lazy boys for pilot bark lounger.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Those ship's got to be like real nice man.
Speaker 4: I mean the ones that the pilots are on. For sure, they got vibrations on them and they.
Speaker 2: Just randomly like yeah, I don't know, it vibrates for some reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I would I would love to send in one of those that'll be sick.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Peace though underrated for sure. It's like, uh, I feel like everybody everyone agrees, right, it's stopping the violence, the stopping the needless killing of everybody.
Speaker 4: You would think. But it's like severely right now, let's say it's one of the most underrated things that's going on right now. Diplomacy another thing that is uh severely underrated.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: That's the thing about diplomacy is like it's helped you avoid needless death.
Speaker 2: Forever and ever, right right, I think I think, I think Anthony Blincoln. He's pretty much proven that he can't do anything. It's time to bring in the real diplomats. Cameron Jim Jones trulls the disc set. I think it's time. Let's let's give them a chance, let's give them a job. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean any of the migos or the alive migos. Yes, yes, yes, obviously yes. But did dip did dip set Stanford the diplomat?
Speaker 1: I totally did not realize.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he was the diplomatic, one of the migos.
Speaker 2: Now you're mixing up entire rap groups.
Speaker 4: That wait, me, is dip set not in Migos?
Speaker 1: That's off set, you thought?
Speaker 5: Wow, okay, okay, okay, tell me who dip set is that whiteness verified? Yeah, out there the dip set for the diplomats from Harlem. That's Cameron, Jim Jones, Joelle Santimum, dip Set, deep Set.
Speaker 4: Okay, ballin, tell me they're.
Speaker 1: Full Christian the diplomats. I only knew them as dip set. They formed in nineteen ninety seven. But so then who are the rest of the egos.
Speaker 2: Then that's take off off take an off set.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like because listen, well, Tank got the Rizza and the giz am I wrong. Should egos have dip set and offset the sets?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: I think I just like a set of sets. Hold on, why wouldn't it.
Speaker 1: Works?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 2: That's the next case. The International Court of Justice will be hearing.
Speaker 4: The i c J. Talk to dip set and tell them what is he doing not being in me? You make a Matt Lee look like a fool?
Speaker 2: Like dip set isn't a guy. They're saying, it's the set, it's the gang bro.
Speaker 4: The crew. Listen, I don't. I only listen to UK Crime. Okay, okay, that's the only thing I like. Who you like Storm?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 4: Storm Storm?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 1: I like that you briefly lapsed into Italian cartoon when you said make a Matt Leave look like a fool, look like a fool? You know, don't you know? You might?
Speaker 2: Obviously?
Speaker 4: Why not the deep set things?
Speaker 2: He's saying this at the International Court of justis a speak their language.
Speaker 8: I might be a simple Italian a plumber, but you're very clearly, he says Matt leeb American comedian on the placard in front of you sir, what do you have to say?
Speaker 2: Don't please do not wear that barrister's wig. I thought of my week if for nothing, I put to on each side like a princess Leah.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Ship. All right, quick break and we'll come back and talk about the news, and we're back.
Speaker 7: We're back.
Speaker 1: And the Florida Supreme Court just gave the go ahead for Rob Desanti's six week abortion ban. Yeah, akay, just an overall abortion ban.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a de facto basically it's going to go into effect in about thirty days and then until then there I guess comparatively more humane fifteen week ban will be the law of the land. And like you said, like mind you people don't most people do not know that they're pregnant within six weeks, so is like.
Speaker 4: Pretty much nobody. It's fucking ridiculous unless you are constantly testing yourself.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, one, and you're like at a doctor every day, like getting like a doctor, you know, doctor visit test. But you know, many abortion advocates have also pointed out that because it's the third most most populous state, like, engaging in this kind of bullshit puts so many people at risk, not even in Florida, but the southeast, because there are not states that are able to absorb this many patients that would be seeking abortion care to Alabama. Yeah, exactly, or you end up in a state where they're like what you came here for?
Speaker 7: What? No?
Speaker 2: No, So yes, it's looking yeah, pretty grim, and like a lot of people are like, well this, I guess this helps because for at least until November, they will have to live in a total anti choice hellscape that may motivate people to vote. But in that same session, the justices also gave the go ahead for a ballot measure that would protect abortion rights in this state.
Speaker 4: So they're like, that's nice, all.
Speaker 2: Right, meet ball rob you get this one. But also, because they're not total animals, it will be about seven months, six months of absolute horror until you can vote this thing in and then obviously that has to get ratified, et cetera.
Speaker 6: Et cetera.
Speaker 2: So that's a bit of the state the state of things in Florida. And you know, now it's just sort of like saying, like, wow, they've continued to do the same playbook where they don't realize how popular abortion rights are in abortion access is yeah, and every like We've seen this constantly solidly read states. When this is on the ballot, people turn out in droves and right now so to protect people's access to abortion, and then Republicans after, like on Wednesdays are like, what what happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is. It is weird because it doesn't seem to be popular at all to ban abortion except for in this kind of weird right wing donor class that demands it. And it's like they're basically just trying to placate this really extreme fringe of voters who seem to have no like there's not enough of them to swing an election. So you wonder why they're doing it other than just because they're assholes.
Speaker 2: Right well, because like these donors, right, they're typically wealthy and also like ultranationalist Christians, they're successful, like all construction business in this piece, so I'll use all my money to do this kind of stuff. And it's like, to your point, like these donors have there they don't live in the reality where like over two thirds of the country lives, or they're like no, no, no, don't don't fuck with abortion access. They like they're like Francis and Peewee's Big Adventure like they're like a rich kid with like the most unreal demands are like I want pee wee Herman's bicycle, and it's like you can't have it, you fucking freak.
Speaker 4: And I can't have that, then women can't get abortions, like is happening. No, truly, truly, It's why all of the like it feels like every culture war issue that's been like put forth by the right has been because at the behest of these you know, huge ultra right wing donor class people who are just very online. So all of the issues are very online things like you know, woke, you know, and like that's that's the stuff that they are like this will you know, if I'm mad about it, then the governor better be mad about it too. And it's like, I don't think anyone, I mean, there are people going out to the polls to try to like end woke, but I don't think that on a even on like a statewide level, that's gonna flip the election for you. Yeah, people, I think forget why people like Donald Trump, And it's not because of his culture war you know stuff, It's because he just is like an asshole and he's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're like, ah see, like it's like I want that guy to be in the roast battle for me on.
Speaker 4: The police exactly.
Speaker 2: That's sort of what it is like, because he'll fucking tell Hillary to shut up.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, he'll call he'll call my enemies a bitch, and it's just like, yeah, that's that's more relatable than this these like niche like right wing culture war issues that people are like, I guess I'm mad about that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. This definitely has like the Biden camp rubbing their midst because they're like, we got a shot. Now we might have a shot, I know.
Speaker 4: I mean, if if Biden is able to pull it out in November, it'll be because of how inept the Republicans are at reading a room, like yeah, for as bad as the Democrats are, they're.
Speaker 2: Banking on that.
Speaker 1: I mean, they've been banking on and then there's them. It's the whole strategy, right, Like we keep being like, wait, they're going to run Biden again, but he's like so old, Like that's such a such a.
Speaker 4: More protesters go out to protest him than show up to his events.
Speaker 1: But that for a number of years now, their strategy has been basically, look at them and yeah, it's kind of working like the I mean they, yeah, I mean they.
Speaker 4: We'll see in November if it works, and if it doesn't work, I'm very excited to be blamed personally.
Speaker 2: Yes, we will be all of us all yeah, everybody who ever said anything negative about Joe Biden. They'll be like, I hope you're happy now it's over.
Speaker 4: Happy, this is what you wanted, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's not incumbent on the candidate. The candidate to actually appeal to a wide base, I'd be like, fucking choose this one now. And they're like, yo, yo, yo, easy, I got like, I got hey, I got rights too that I'm looking out for too, I'm looking out for. But it does look like it if they were ever going to be like, oh, this might be a shot, I guess maybe. I mean, traditional wisdom would say Florida is not really on the table for a flip. But you again, the narrative I think Biden and their campaign wants to run on is look what happened, Like this is Trump's Supreme Court that overturned Row and then now Republicans in general like Rob DeSantis, the meatball pudding man also wants to continue this trend. But then I think that's what's also interesting too, is it puts Trump in a weird position because he's kind of tried to have it like both ways, you know, like in the past he's like, I, that's me. That's because of my Supreme Court rogue got overturned. And then when they when they talk about a six week band that desanton is talking about, he's like, that's terrible. That's terrible. Yeah, And you're like, well, hold on, what is it? Because he's I guess he's smart enough to know how fucking wildly unpopular the issue is. Maybe or he was just saying that because at the time he was running against Ron DeSantis, and he's like whatever he says is bad. So what is he gonna do. Is he gonna embrace the new band and be like exactly, they're doing it right down there. Or is he gonna be like, actually, vote for the ballot proposition and get that and help and shrine those rights and then lose the evangelicals Because that's also that's like half the battle with him, Like would the reason the Bible people, like the Bible people weren't up in arms about him selling bibles is because he's low key being like, yo, bro, trust me, you're gonna have a seat at the table when it comes to national policy, right, but just let me fucking make my coins real quick. Look, you saw me, saw you saw the fucking wild, fake moral panic over trans a day of visibility falling on Easter. We got your back. We will keep the outrage going. But yeah, it's not it's not quite quite clear how he'll play it. And I think that's where the Biden camp feels like, well, whatever he says, it's gonna be tough, and then we'll be able to campaign off of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's uh, you know what would be easier is running like a candidate that people like.
Speaker 2: No traditional wisdom would say something like that.
Speaker 4: But you know, I mean it's weird how low the bar is, because like the bar set right now, we're setting the bar at not a president doing anything good, but just saying that he will do good thing. And they're not even giving us that. They're not even giving us the veneers, not even like the lie of like no, yeah, we're gonna we're gonna try and you know, uh, broker a piece or you know, it's just like they're like, well, no, Israel, it's the right to exist, and uh, the but.
Speaker 2: We had that UN resolution we abstained from voting on.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, we have the UN resolution that we helped water down to a degree in which we were okay enough to abstain. Yeah, and it's like you're you're not even trying to pretend.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's where again there's like this difference between the high information voter and then the and most people who are probably I mean like if obviously he's not gonna attempt to appeal to like voters like who are like hauling out all these inconsistencies. No, for those who aren't, Like for the people who I was like, why doesn't you get credit for the economy, it's like, well, you could do stuff that like hits people in the pocketbook or at least hearing like right, oh, you're going after like these sort of predatory price gouging practices of companies or something like that signals like oh they're like I get that, Yeah, my bread is cheaper or my milk isn't as much money, Like, oh man, I buy so much milk now, so I'm gonna maybe I'm like, all, I, this is beer money. Basically, you're spending on gallons of milk like those used to be. That's used to be what beer costs. And I was like, damn, especially that whole milk. I don't know why that's more expensive. I mean, I guess I do because I'll met it right, because they don't cut it. That's sniff and base shipule milk.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess heavy cream is really the is real bit. Yeah, that's But the other thing too, is like if that ballot measure about enshrining abortion access into the law isn't enough, the Florida Supreme Court also approved another ballot measure that would determine whether or not recreational cannabis can be a thing in the state. So you've got a body autonomy and weed on the ballot. So that may help bring out some voters enough to do something that would change the overall color of Florida. I who knows, who knows, who knows. But that's also like the bill for the recreational cannabis one is like very it's like put forward by like the biggest medical marijuana company in Florida, and the builds and it's like us and like our twenty four friends get to run rough shot over the state with you when you leagueize cannabis. So that one's a little bit murky too.
Speaker 4: Also, the price of the brick is going up. Yeah, I get it. You guys want to control of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well you know, free market.
Speaker 1: I feel like the Democrats every time they every time we have a national election coming up there, like and Florida, it might be in play, and it's always all it just like gets further and further away from being here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the only for me, the one thing that I feel could help is the fact that the Republics have no monies right now. Yeah yeah, the dollar amounts are really they it's slim pickens over there because a lot of the money isn't going just to Trump and the RNC is like, sorry, we're this guy's piggybank. I know it affects down ballot candidates, right, Can you do something on your own? Maybe, And I'm sure it'll get probably sorted out because these are gigantic political machines. But you know, as it stands, if that's the situation, yeah, you might be able to see how they're like Oh yeah, that might that might be a get.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We did talk about how on Monday's Trending episode that Trump had like a good financial week where he spontaneously became like five billion dollars richer because truth Social essentially went.
Speaker 4: Public went public.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like the day that we talked about that, like the shares dropped by like.
Speaker 2: Some crazy three or twenty eight percent or something like that because of the statistics the word. So he lost a billion dollars of that valuation already. Yeah, which I'm curious when is he gonna dump all his shares?
Speaker 7: Honey?
Speaker 2: He gets six weeks or six months until he can do that, so oh six months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think he can maybe borrow against it, so he might be able to liquefy a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh you want to borrow against this rapidly tanking stock price? Sure? Sure, what do you want for it?
Speaker 7: Three billion?
Speaker 4: I love that he can just go to any financial institution and they're like, all right, you can literally take this money and never pay it back.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, now, this one with that one hundred and seventy five million dollar bond he put he paid recently in New York that was all from a dude who was like the subprime car loan king, like yeah, and he's like he's prime yeah, and he's bowed up with like this bank, like is he's like a huge stake in this bank that is the one doing the lending. And they, like a lot of financial reporters, like this company does stuff where they can. It looks like money laundering made easy with this bank and how they like loan and give bonds out to people. So whatever, Like we said, this is just the full.
Speaker 4: System of the system.
Speaker 1: You have the America, all right, So Miles, you pitched an idea to the bank robbers of America. You pitched it as a movie, but I think I didn't know that you were pitching to the real world bank robbers a string of eclipse related bank heists where each each heist is timed to the eclipse.
Speaker 4: Everyone's looking away, I love, everyone's looking at on.
Speaker 2: Law enforcement different have states of emergency where they're having to put all their resources.
Speaker 1: In one because there's so many tourists. So if you're going in like scheduling the bank robberies in the path of totality, love this idea. We have another piece of news related to the eclipse and the criminal carcerole system. New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision recently announced that they would be canceling visitations on April eighth, aka Eclipse Day twenty twenty four in facilities that lie in the path of totality. And it's not just visitations. They'll be instituting a system wide lockdown AH, meaning that inmates will be locked in their housing units between two and five pm, supposedly as a safety precaution.
Speaker 4: Because they might look at the sun.
Speaker 1: I don't get like, is this just the powers that be retaining their like ancient fear of eclipses. You don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't know what kind of power they will attain from the sun.
Speaker 1: Right, Like doesn't that kind of feel like what they're they're they're making everybody be locked away for the three hours of the eclipse.
Speaker 4: And you're lucky we don't do it every month during the full moon.
Speaker 1: As a safety precaution. We don't know what they're gonna do.
Speaker 2: What is the threat exactly? I mean, are they listening to the show and they're like, Oh, that'd be a perfect wave?
Speaker 7: Is it that?
Speaker 2: But like i'd imagine is pretty secret, like because it goes a little bit shadowy for a couple of minutes, they're like.
Speaker 4: Oh no, man, they'll hide in the eclipse.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, well what can we don't know what lockdown?
Speaker 1: They don't know what kind of crypto zoological beast they turn into when the eclipse happens. But like they had already purchased a large supply of solar eclipse safety glasses to distribute to distribute to the incarcerated population, and then they just were like, nah, fuck that, we're gonna we're gonna hang on to these. This is really odd, Like why that is weird?
Speaker 2: Really? Like that shows real intent to allow people to observe the eclipse when you're like, I mean, I guess you got to look after their our little eyeballs. So yeah, let's get these little cardboard little shields they can hold up in front of their eyes. And then be like no, that's it system, why lockdown? Like in another context, it feels like in a family, like one of the kids broke a rule, so we're not going anymore no McDonald's. Yeah, and so is that what happened? And it's just punitydd, like they uncovered a planned escape or something like that on the day of the eclipse. It's very very odd, and it's just like just like already our carcial system is so fucked up. It's like, can some of the people who are locked up for having drugs on them look at the eclipse?
Speaker 4: They're gonna need to explain this because it is It's so that is such a baffling move that I want to know what the thinking is like this is. I literally can't think of a single reason outside of like, I don't know, we just thought it would be like kind of fun and cruel. Yeah, we want to look.
Speaker 1: At the eclipse, and so we can't be looking at them and the eclipse at the same time. So rock them away and they go out there. It's like the worst parents in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've actually decided to lock my kids in a closet.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, no, we're going to go to the Disneyland hotel, but they're going to stay in the hotel.
Speaker 7: The whole time.
Speaker 4: We're going to be out on that We're gonna ride all on war.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, it looks like the Furre. I mean Governor Kathy Hochel, who is having system wide subway lockdowns. H She is saying again, there's twenty nine counties in New York that are also in the path of totality. So the New York is I think just also full on state of emergency.
Speaker 4: Do they think an eclipses I'm so confused Million.
Speaker 1: States one of the states of emergencies, because they've like been advertising this is like we're in the path of totality. Come to Niagara Falls, and they people heard them and they are having unprecedented levels of like travelers planning to come that they're just like unprepared for. That is I mean, but the prison one doesn't really make sense. Yeah, the prison, they're already in a place. Yeah, there's like no nobody's coming to the prison to view the eclipse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's just weird that even a state of emergency for like visitors, like they've never had like a fucking music festival in up like.
Speaker 2: This, not like this.
Speaker 1: They said that the indian like the tourism that's coming to Indianapolis like eclipses the tourism that came to Indianapolis for the fucking Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: By like orders of magnitude. Yeah, a little bit yeah, it's like, yeah, it's like three super Bowls.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, now I'm wondering, what are these guys know that we don't know.
Speaker 1: About how cool eclipses are.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know eclipses are cool and stuff, but it seems like it's weird that everyone like more so than the Super Bowl or like we've got our go give you this.
Speaker 2: Have you been have you seen? Have you been in like a full blown path of totality eclipse experience.
Speaker 4: Or you just I guess I haven't.
Speaker 2: I guess running your mouth that's fair ignorant as dude.
Speaker 4: I listen, I'm sure it's I'm sure it's sick. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Thank you, dude. I just admitted sick.
Speaker 4: Dude, the reason I admit it's possibly sick, but like not possibly, dude, don't fucking mince words, Indiana sick. I don't think anything that's that.
Speaker 2: Is the question that we're going to get the answer to get an a legal gun while you're there. I've been I've been speculating that like all the footage I've seen of people in the paths of totality from recent eclipses, they always give me the.
Speaker 1: Impression of like people after they just saw the Phantom Menace and are trying to still trying to convince themselves that what they saw was awesome but like it and so I'm but I'm I think what's driving this like massive like Hodge, like, you know, movement of humans to the path of totality that's happening is that people have had these experiences that I think, like my experience with the past two eclipses has been underwhelming. And the first thing you hear when you're like that, call that an eclipse, which is what I scream at the sky as the eclipse is happening. The first thing people say is like, oh, you have to go to the path of totality. So I feel like these like the marketing has been perfect to drive people to the path of totality for these upcoming eclips.
Speaker 2: This is a clip of people in the path of totality. Or it starts off it's sunny. Okay, here's it's about to sunny day.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Oh it's been darker.
Speaker 2: Look now it looks like it's six pm, seven pm.
Speaker 4: Dang bro yeah, look at that.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck, I mean the sun's getting tiny.
Speaker 1: The sun gets tighty, screaming that is crazy. You need to go to the path of totality. Matt leave and brand the voice modulator reached my my full eventuality fired up. I do just want to say six in maids in New York have filed a lawsuit arguing that them being denied the chance to witness the eclipse violates their constitutional religious rights. Sure, yeah, fuck that, Like let them get them watch the eclipse and if they turn into a mythical beast like you seem to fear, then that's great news. You know, that makes the word old so much more.
Speaker 2: Exactly Warden of the Department of Corrections, if that happens option the ip inevidently that from the turn into monsters during a total eclipse. Otherwise, shut the fuck up and let people be outside like they would be outside in any way. It's just more like you want to give them cardboard I shields or not.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And because like I mean, one of the guys who's the plaintiff in that he's an atheist who argued prior to them pulling the plug on this saying like it's my right to be able to observe this, Like I'm not as an atheist, I'm like I observed through the marvel of scientific discovery. So experiencing a solar eclipse is part and parcel of that my belief system. And then there are other like and they're just saying, so, what, what's the deal? And then so they granted this guy the opportunity like I think last month, and then they they did a U turn on it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well, I guess prison wardens aren't as cool as we all thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, what happened to them?
Speaker 1: I know, not as WASHK made them seem.
Speaker 2: I saw The Last Castle with James Gandelfini Robert Redford. Anyway, how is it? Can you get a little taste of what would be like in the path of totality? There?
Speaker 6: Matt, Oh god, my dick, the song is making me calm.
Speaker 2: I don't know, guys, you happy?
Speaker 1: Are just a family friendly event?
Speaker 2: The children?
Speaker 4: Oh god, oh look at that.
Speaker 7: I love.
Speaker 4: The sun is Oh, it's getting smaller, it's getting smaller.
Speaker 2: Hard Okay, wait, this is the part right after that. This is now that same clip is from Greenville, South Carolina, where now the eclipse is now waning and their son is coming out. So I guess we can totally hear like what the full I guess release for lack of the better word is for people.
Speaker 9: Sunnier, sunnier, sunnier outstanding.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that outstand.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, that's I'm only standing in a field.
Speaker 1: That's like truly, Like they cut to his little kid who's just standing there with his little glasses on, just staring. So all he did was see the sun kind of dim and then come back. I don't know, it's like there's something magical about the idea of it, right like that, like looking around like someone needs to make that movie. It'll be dope, Miles needs credit like.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 1: And but then like just sitting in a field watching the sun turn into a smaller sun and then come back feels I don't know, like even in that one, which was Dope, feels like people are like, ah, so that's that's the thing. Then huh okay.
Speaker 2: On another group of people hooting and hollered for an eclipse, everyone has the same reaction when they clip oh.
Speaker 4: Man, oh it's happening. It's happening. Oh, Dick is as big as the sun.
Speaker 2: So I think it's just I think it's like partially people wanting to experience something like they can't without doing drugs. I feel like there's that too, that would be true because she's like, what the fuck. I'm like, well, I've been in a fucking k hole before, relaxed, you know what I mean. But like this, I get it to. This feels like there's just so much, there's so many sensations that it engages. And again, I was only say this because I can't gold when a fucking pat totality. My whole thing is I'm pisseding. I want to have totality that I didn't plan well enough.
Speaker 1: And so I am just telling you all, it's gonna sucking.
Speaker 2: Your kids, dad, My friends are going to the Niagara Falls? Are we are we going to? It's gonna fucking suck.
Speaker 4: It's not even gonna be losers.
Speaker 2: He's only doing that because he's cheating on their mom and he's trying to make good and break the clips because I can't affordunately.
Speaker 4: He's doing them to an imax, but we can. That's rapports, Okay, Yeah, that tourism just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, preemptively hating on the eclipse.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 4: I mean, just like if everyone was getting naked children obviously, just adults naked and a voice changer, Yeah, and a fantas voice changer. Then I get it. But until that, if an orgy breaks out in the path of totality, you and I will go next year.
Speaker 2: You know, there is some kind of adult only total weird masks Dreek something like they cut what's what's that ancient Greek drug that they all drank back in wine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the.
Speaker 4: They're all drinking wine er not arrows.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there's some anyways, oh en bane or some shit like you know, there's just like an old.
Speaker 2: Opium.
Speaker 4: They were talking about weed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were enlightened, you know what I mean. But yeah, I could definitely see some like all.
Speaker 7: Right, everybody, get your clothes off, the totality is coming. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, I'm sure there are people who are trying to time an orgasm out to the totality for.
Speaker 4: Sure, And and you know, but I also think it's like equally as likely as there's like five people who are like it's time for our group suicide, you know what I mean, like like they're gonna be like that that comment cult, you know. Yeah, yeah, so I don't know, it feels, you know, a little bit of something for everyone I don't want to yuck their young, so.
Speaker 1: I don't either know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know, if I look in a field in the shadows of the eclipse, go aays.
Speaker 7: Do please do?
Speaker 2: I don't muzzle?
Speaker 1: Is that like what I feel? I just like, that's not That's not when I'm at my most like ability, like able to like appreciate deep like spiritual things like.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, like when you're looking at the sun or when you're sucking.
Speaker 1: When I'm fucking like, yeah, I'm not like, I feel like I kind of miss.
Speaker 4: It out now. I want to see you. Fuck are you doing? I feel the most apart from God, when I am fucked.
Speaker 6: Break.
Speaker 1: That's that's I think the best option I've heard for what to shout when the sun begins there.
Speaker 7: And here's your proof.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we'll be right back and we're back. And so it's Havanah syndrome, baby brain sixty minutes. Dar Spiegel and some outlet called The Insider just the Insider, not the Puck Times, apparently not the show that would come on after school. It wasn't that called Insider.
Speaker 2: Inside Edition, inside edition, Yeah yeah, or there is business Insider that goes by insider for sure, but that's this is like a lot Vain.
Speaker 1: I think this is a lot Vien like Russian expat zine that like mainly reports on like Russian badness. And so the sixty Minutes came back with a report that was like there were two directed energy weapons that caused those symptoms, and it's a lot of the similar shit that we've heard before.
Speaker 2: So for people who have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is one.
Speaker 1: Of the first stories that we covered where like these diplomats that people seem to now admit our CIA agents or.
Speaker 4: SPOT which are not part of the Migos Gone.
Speaker 2: Exactly or just Lamette, were in diplomatly Cuba and said that they heard this high pitched sound that attacked them.
Speaker 1: And like always the thing is like there would be a sound, they would feel like this inner ear pressure and then they would start experiencing symptoms like they had like brain damage of one sort or another. But it was always that the family of symptoms was pretty broad. It just seemed weird first of all, like it was very intriguing. It's like, WHOA, there's this like sci fi weapon that's attacking directed energy weapon or something. Yeah, that's what they started calling it. A direct energy weapon. But it also if you're familiar with the history of like psychosomatic disorders, it had a lot of the qualities where it was like vague and the thing that was causing it. Like when you asked scientists who were actually experts on like how like they would be like, maybe it's a sonic weapon, like sonic ray. And then you ask scientists and they're like, that would be impossible. You can't shun that through a wall into somebody's brain. Yeah, And so sixty minutes and you know, various institutions have been porting on it pretty credulously until last year when the US intelligence community came out and was like there's no credible evidence like that swearing country was behind these this like symptoms this Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, Well then then explain why I have a headache and I want to divorce my wife cavyndrome. Dude, I would have never wanted to divorce my wife.
Speaker 1: It's kind of wild, like the article, so it's like a sixty minutes piece. This article in Insider. I don't know if it's like a weird translation or what happened, but like one of the opening paragraphs calls it a anonymous, Like they they use the word anonymous instead of anomalists. They say that unexplained anonymous health incidents. So like, there's a massive typo in the name of the like health incident that you're trying to describe. And this is like a report with sixty minutes. Are we just like at that point where mainstream journalism has just like fucked off and like doesn't even spell check anymore.
Speaker 4: But I mean maybe that someone mentioned it and they're like, no, I meant it.
Speaker 2: I meant it, not just doubling down.
Speaker 4: You print it. I meant it. You can't prove it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to print it. That's because I want That's because how I wanted it. See I didn't change it.
Speaker 4: See, but that is that's one of the symptoms of a Van syndrome. Yeah, yeah, is that sometimes I write wrong words.
Speaker 2: So sixty minutes.
Speaker 1: I watched the sixty minutes segment and they basically say it's not a functional neurological disorder, it's Russia. They interview a Stanford microbiologist. You'll note that this isn't a microbiological phenomenon that.
Speaker 2: We're trying to Yeah, but he's a sciencer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, very smart science Stanford Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he suggested there's clear evidence of an injury to the auditorium vestibular system of the brain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those words sound big. You knows what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: My grandmother's house had a vestible vestibulary.
Speaker 1: People immediately pointed out that this evidence doesn't seem to exist. He doesn't present any specifics in the piece, doesn't mention that many Havana syndrome patients have been diagnosed with psychosomatic disorders that are commonly triggered by stress. The big piece of evidence that like sealed it for me is that when like if they had at the point where they thought they experienced the attack, if somebody had come in and like physically hit them in the head with you know, an object, you know they had a physical brain injury, that they would have had a bunch of symptoms. And like, sure, injuries to the brain like don't manifest in the same way always, So sure, it might not be very specific, it might be kind of a diffuse set of symptoms, but they get better. Like physical injuries to the brain, physical attacks to the brain get better better. The thing that doesn't get better and that gets worse, which is what happens in a lot of these cases is these like they're you know, they don't like to call them psychosomatic. They call it a functional disorder, but they are like neurologically based, and there things that like two years later, it's way worse than it was when it started. And that's what you're seeing in a lot of these cases. And even in the sixty minutes piece, they continue.
Speaker 2: To point to that.
Speaker 1: They're like and this like her life is now been ruined, and like she's like now way worse than she was, just like the last time we talked to her.
Speaker 2: Oh, like that lady who had the flu shot and couldn't walk right exactly.
Speaker 4: It started out it was just a headache, but now I got imposter syndrome, I got white fragility, I got all these new.
Speaker 2: I can't stop MILLI rocking all.
Speaker 1: The three things that like so because I get I get tagged in this every time a new Havana syndrome thing comes out. So just like four people, if they want to know, like what my thoughts are on a new piece of evidence of the Havana syndrome. The three things that anything any new report would need to address for it to like seem significant to me. One they recorded, like in Havana, they recorded the sound that they heard that was supposed to be like attacking them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have a recording of that sound recording it.
Speaker 2: Are you clear to this? This is classified.
Speaker 4: Classified, But I think I don't know. I mean, you guys, let me know if you get any pushback from the government. But I have the Havana syndrome sound.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me hear it.
Speaker 7: You cormost.
Speaker 1: There it is.
Speaker 4: Where it sounds like nailed. Yeah. I don't know how they got for del castro, you brain, but that's that's how it did.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: So that was one of the sounds of the attacks. The other sound that they heard they recorded. They were like it was a high pitch screeching and they sent it into the lab and the lab was like, we don't know what this is. And then they asked the like biologists, and they were like, oh, those are crickets, those are those are crickets that are in Cuba, And they probably hadn't heard before, and so they sounded a little weird to them, and because they're in a paranoid, stressed out state, they were like, we're being attacked. Instead of those crickets sound weird. So that's one thing you would need to explain. Another thing you would need to explain is how the symptoms keep getting worse when that's not supposed to happen in a physical injury super.
Speaker 4: Powered weapon Jack, you don't understand.
Speaker 1: It, Yeah, and then some science that The other big detail is that scientists are like nothing, but like it can't be a sound weapon and it can't be a microwave for various reasons, so like they need to explain that. But like the sixty minutes report just kind of first of all, like leans on how long lasting the injuries the symptoms are. They're like, yeah, and that proves that it was bad, right, and just kind of quickly go like brushes past the idea. They're like find a scientist who's like thinks that it could be this weapon, right, And then they have just like these documents where like a Russian intelligence agency was like awarding people for their use of like studying sonic weapons, non lethal acoustic weapons. Yeah, non legal acoustic weapons, which is something that the police in the United States already use and for a crowd dispersal, but it's not a like focused beam of sound that everybody around you can't hear. It's like loud as fuck, and like wakes would wake up everybody around you. Like it's that's what sonic weaponry is. So yeah, and these symptoms were like it was a silent thing, but then suddenly it was like a loud noise coming from inside my head. It's like, yeah, it is coming from inside your head unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right right, yeah. I mean like you got Germany, the America, a lot, via all all going in on some some like Russian be like let's just fire up the Russophobia for this one. Maybe.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Again, I think in the beginning you were like saying Jack that it's like, is this to try and just kind of like keep the intelligence can like try and create more funds to invest in like weird countermeasures for sonic weapons. Yeah, to just sort of like keep the pot boiling of like there's some.
Speaker 4: Sort of Jimmy McNulty creates a serial killer scenario in which it's like this is how he has decided he's going to to like get more money to do some other shit. That's what it feels like because it's so fake.
Speaker 1: It's so wild to me that sixty Minutes is staying on this after the like intelligence community like came out and was like this is not a thing, like please please stop your embarrassing us. Is the head of sixty minutes just like a like didn't get a refund on like a Cuban vacation or something, and it's like.
Speaker 7: I mean, like not fuck.
Speaker 1: There's always like these arguments from you know, in a lot of like conspiracy circles and also like more I don't know, like they're like that that these mainstream institutions have like CIA ties, you know, and I.
Speaker 2: Don't maybe I would never believe such a thing.
Speaker 4: No, it's impossible.
Speaker 1: And so this does just make me look like I'm like somebody needs to do the article about this story and like why I can't go away?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like why it won't go away? Who's pushing it? Who are their source is? And like do they even believe it or are they like you know, being fooled? What's what's happening?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really interesting like that it keeps coming back.
Speaker 1: I'm fascinated by that fact for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well no, but I'm saying like all of these countries have a vested interest to be like, you know, they have their own problems with Russia, so it like it does you could I could be like, okay, so this these three nations, they're various journalistic outlets decided to like keep this very specific kind of story going. It's like who does it benefit because it doesn't seem like it benefits the people who are suffering. Yeah, especially when they're just glossing over like the medical and scientific communities. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like so here are some things that the sixty minute story forgets to mention. Just last month, a five year National Institute of Health study concluded no evidence of brain injuries or degeneration appeared in Havana syndrome victims. The big thing that like one government employee had to be surgically treated for holes in her inner ear canals, and they like that's the detail that they kind of leave you with. Like when I saw that, I was like, oh wow, like okay, maybe it's time to like take a second look at this. But it turns out that condition can be caused by changes in air and water pressure, Like it can happen from taking a plane ride or like scuba diving or strenuous physical exercise. So it's not like they they.
Speaker 2: Not like a smoking gun like that.
Speaker 1: They're smoking guns are like very circumstantial and not smoking. You know, they're non smoking guns. They're just guns. They're just guns. It's just a gun, your honor.
Speaker 2: Ah indeed, indeed, indeed, yeah, it's just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. The US has been developing similar weapons for decades, like the kind of ear piercing noise, and like, don't we don't have anything that can do the thing that these people think they can.
Speaker 2: Saying like if you had something like that, everyone would hear it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, its existing.
Speaker 1: They yeah, they have sonic weaponry or like acoustic thing and they are like will blow people out of bed, like they're so loud. And these were rays of like energy that like entered people's heads and like everybody who hears that, who knows how ultrasound emitting devices or microwave emitting devices work, are all like it doesn't a weapon capable of afflicting inflicting This is a quote from an expert. A weapon capable of inflicting brain injury from a distance would be too unwieldy to use in urban areas. Yeah, yeah, it's not like a targeted focus you go through the sniper scope and aim a microwave ray at somebody's brain, which seems to be what they're assuming.
Speaker 4: Now yet someday though, Yeah, have they figured out the brown note? Is that real?
Speaker 2: I remember that.
Speaker 1: I think I think they were looking into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, that's a sonic frequency that would just make you to ship yourself.
Speaker 4: It makes you ship yourself. It's a it's a note that's so low that you go poo poo, which is like, I don't know, that'd be a pretty sick weapon for anyone. I mean, a great brainy one was constipated that'd be sick.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a hype. It's hypothetical. It's a hypothetical infrasonic frequency. So we're still not there.
Speaker 4: They can't figure that out. They're definitely not gonna, you know, make the Havana ray, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right exactly. I feel like before you can like silently just like laser beam into someone's brain, you got to make people ship themselves.
Speaker 4: Right, You got to have a note that makes a company of army men ship themselves.
Speaker 2: That's like on that technology tree, exact civilization. You don't just skip the brown.
Speaker 4: You can't skip generations. You're skipping the brown note.
Speaker 1: No way, No, I'm pretty sure DARPA was looking into that. Is it is DARPA, the one that's like science fiction weapons for the Pentagon. Yeah, yeah, they they are documented as having looked for a round note emitting devices.
Speaker 4: We give so much money to the military industrial complex that we have like an entire like wing. That's just like, uh, let's just watch James Bond movies and read fantasy novels and see what kind of cool shit. Yeah yeah, that's fun. Well, Matt Leeve, what a pleasure, haven't you. Oh, it's been such a pleasure being here. I love you, guys, I love I love talking about the news with you.
Speaker 1: And we love you. Where can people find you? Follow you, hear you all that good stuff?
Speaker 2: If you've got to tell people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, if you should probably follow me on Instagram at matt leab jokes. But you don't have the balls to tell your friends to follow me too.
Speaker 2: Uh that's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And if you know, because you're all a bunch of cowards, you won't listen to Bad has Bar, the world's most moral podcast about Israeli propaganda. It's a lot of fun, but you're too scared. I don't know, uh and uh yeah, and then follow me on Twitter at matt Leab.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 1: Is there a work a media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: There is a tweet that I really really liked by friend of the show Christi Yamagucci Main.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So do you guys know, I don't even know how to describe her. She's like the hippie singer, yes, the white lady dad.
Speaker 1: The Peru with all in her face. Yes, No, that's Trudy. That's my wife wife, Yes, nice.
Speaker 4: Talking about No, it's like you know what I'm talking about, the lady with the dreads and she's.
Speaker 1: White, the blonde dreads and she's like a bikini and so much so many bracelets and necklaces.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah. Christi Yamagucci Maine posted a picture of her and said my favorite lyrics of hers and it just says there's too much fun shit on me, which is a reference to if you know, I think she should leave? It is a I think you should leave reference, which I like a lot.
Speaker 1: I did too.
Speaker 7: Miles.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? Is their work of media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Find me on the at base platforms at Miles of Gray. If you like the basketball, check Jack and I out on our basketball podcast, Miles and Jack. I'm ed boy, and then you can also find me on four twenty Day Fans they talk about ninety day Fiance. Work of media. I've been liking. I'm just trying to get through the gentleman. I don't know if I like it, Like it's all over the place, but it's kind of like it's fun in this way that it's pretty frictionless to just let the next episode go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked about it Yesterday's Trends. It's a good one. It's it's one of the latest choices from on a streaming corner.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeses, yes, and you'll hear more about that.
Speaker 1: But would you agree that it's like better then most of his stuff since like Snatch and lock Stock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, it's been a just a I feel like he had a really good Nike commercial, like a commercial that was better than half the movies since then. But yeah, it's just I don't know, it's just kind of back to for people who being like, oh yeah, it's people in England gangsters talk funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, hell, I like when they do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh exactly, I'll make I'll watch a whole show that's like fight me do.
Speaker 10: Five years, whichhould made Jack O'Brien, you know I've made a plan to fight me do, made a plant like reile about it.
Speaker 1: Let's see a tweet I've been enjoying sticking with. I think you should leave references. Honey at Honey Scoob tweeted, how did y'all react the first I'm y'all seen someone doing coke? And Sarah at Sablo just responded with the picture of the professor who's like, give me that I should have got that. That one like never gets old for me very time. I rewatch it that one. Yeah all right, yeah uh. And then Bobby at Bobby Likes Beers tweeted, call me a nicotine addict the way I'm addicted to nicotine.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 7: Good, that's good. It's good.
Speaker 1: And then I don't like I'm not going to sit here and describe the whole thing. But if y'all don't follow, will sen it his TikTok video uh talking to Timothy shall May about how he would strike him out. Is uh an all time internet classics that I will link off to on the footnotes. Hell yeah, footnote footnotes all right. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeike.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeikeuys dot com where we post our episode and our footnotes, where we talked about today's episode Holy Shit, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, what's the song you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, I've just been going back into Tyler the Creator's old work. Yeah, man, or, I haven't really. I had listened to a little bit when it came out, but Brian the Editor was always just check that album. I check all these arms out and yeah, I just want to play this track New Magic wand by Tyler the Creator. Just got one of those like just you know, just blow the doors off your fucking car type beats.
Speaker 1: You know, this guy's my official what song is that endorsement?
Speaker 4: He's my favorite migos Tyler the Creator, I know he is, and I'm playing that in your honor.
Speaker 1: This song was in honor of Matt sung by an artist that he probably thinks is a Miko every time. All right, we'll link off to that.
Speaker 4: In the footnotes.
Speaker 2: Today's is the production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio ap Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then. Bye bye bye bye bye