Speaker 1: Flame Flame.
Speaker 2: If you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name flame my bro also known as my Roe Flame.
Speaker 1: Come in with last and come in with Jim love loundes.
Speaker 3: Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics.
Speaker 1: Shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tips? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: She raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second, we're gonna laugh, cut him and kick it in at again. We leave it with just a lift his spirits. Think you want to revisit so your first second listen, Jim folks, so you slip? Oh folks said, we dig it good? Hey, no fish, do what you do? Can't no this, do what you do?
Speaker 2: Can't no do what I do?
Speaker 1: No this?
Speaker 2: Hey Hey, this is comedian flat my Roe, and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learn. And though I did not turn into a pumpkin on yesterday, but I did turn it to a jack O'Lantern. You take that and put it wherever you like. Hello to my gorgeous co host Boddy Cliff.
Speaker 1: Hi, how are you? I heard?
Speaker 2: It's chili there, Bobby, I's so chilli. I can't, I can't, but I can't God need so many people say play I love you, Bobby, say that I missed you, Bobby. I've been on the road. I've been on the road with Dave Chappelle and Tiffany Haddich. We were in Charlotte, North Carolina. Charlotte, North Carolina, you were the greatest place that I've been on the road since that's not That's not this credit any other cities. Charlotte just had some kind of magic about it. And then the next day I went to Saint Louis with Tiffany Hadi. Saint Louis, you were fantastic. Then I was in Atlanta with the pageant. I did an interview with Comedy Height magazine with Siphony. You guys, go listen to this on YouTube, the big one that's coming out in a week. And now I'm in Saint Louis, going to know. Now I'm in Detroit, going to Canada tomorrow with Tiffany had it. And then Friday and hamm and casino and Saturday, I am finally able to say I can go home and do coffee time in my window with my bad blind that you guys love to point out.
Speaker 1: It's been gorgeous here. We had beautiful weather for five days. I don't even know if it's a PC term anymore, but we used to call it an Indian summer when the summer came like well after summertime. We had eighty five degrees for five days, and now right now it is thirty six degrees. So all of a sudden, Halloween hit yesterday and it came in with a bang. Fall came right in with it. It is Chile, and I guess the whole country been has been having some sort of something going on with the weather. You know, there's no global warming.
Speaker 2: You heard. The weather is got the country crazy and people just crazy period. We did not come on vast week late Jon because I was traveling, but we do want to come on, and so I'm gonna come on with the syrup this week. I'm feeling it's heavy and it's still very prevalent, and the syrup is heavy from prayers to all the people affected by the tragedy and the senseless murders that happened in Maine last week. It was just barbaric and I don't even know what words to say, but prayers to all the children who lost parents, all the parents who lost children, all the family members who lost other family members. It was so tragic, and so said, I don't even know if I ever got to the root of the Storybobby, but I do know that they apparently found a god with a self inflicted gum rong dead. It just yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: We have according to Axius and BBC, they were giving out some numbers and we have had in twenty twenty three. Hold on to your socks, and I really do mean, I shouldn't even make light of it. Five hundred and sixty five mass shootings. It's marking the third the third consecutive year that the nation has surpassed five hundred and through September. So that doesn't even include the Lewiston people that were killed, the eighteen that were killed, five hundred and seventy one dead and nineteen on one hundred and forty seven wounded. It is absolutely crazy. I think we're going to have a lot more information as they start to peel back the onion With the Lewiston case. He was a reservist who was also a trainer, you know, with with guns. Spend time over the summer doing his training. The Army pulled him from that sent him for two weeks into a mental facility because he was having They were free, he was going to harm himself or other people. And for some reason talk about needing gun reform. The legal system or the system that they have set up for guns in Maine. They don't have the red flag. And red flag is when you could say, for one of your kids' flame, or your mom or your brothers or whatever, you could say they're having some sort of episode, you know, tell authorities and they'll take those weapons away from them. They don't have that. They had to lobby with the gun people and they got something called yellow flag. And the yellow flag is not as strict as the red flag. Uh, it means there's more bureaucracy with it. So you have to have a medical provider or somebody that's official make that standing. But he had two weeks in in the hospital. So why somebody somebody there that the information that was there because I saw on I believe it was on CNN. The army did say that he should not be allowed to have a weapon. Why didn't somebody go and get that. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the part of that story that bothered me the absolute most barbing them. Was mind barger that the news even shared the fact that this man was a weapons trainer, he's in the Army reserve. And then they had on record that he had been to issues, So why even have him still in that position? And they only put him in there for two weeks. They didn't say were and he came back to work or that. It's almost like, dude, who's stupid us or y'all.
Speaker 1: I don't know he was. They did say that he couldn't, that he was on I don't know. I don't know what the right word is. I think it's more of a medical leaf flame. I can't say he was suspended, but he needed help. They felt that he needed some sort of help, is what I've read so far. But it's almost like he fell through the cracks. It's like, yeah, like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing. The family right along, you and I have spoken about this as it was happening, had informed him, had informed the authority, so that this guy needed help. You know, he he has you know, flown off the edge. Now they're trying to say that the catalyst for this is back in February when his girlfriend broke up with him. I don't. I think that might have just been the last draw. But I think if you've got mental issues, you got mental issues. It's not it's not just a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever, whatever it is, he stole and affected, He stole eighteenized and affected so many more, right right, because yes, because you don't dad, don't mean that you're not gonna have nightmares or track. This was just a barbaric tragic and I don't want them with sugarcoated. And I just couldn't understand how they couldn't have caught him soon or found him. So because here's the thing, we can see what he's he doing from down here. You mean to tell me with all the heat senses and dogs and all of the the drones, y'all couldn't find this man?
Speaker 1: Well they I do. I do want to. You know, Like California is a little bit different than it is here in New England. So because we've had a superfic we're talking about it being warm, right, we have had a really warm summer, the warmest in history actually up in New England. The leaves haven't fallen off the trees claim so it was hard to get drowne in that could actually get the tree exactly. We just had. I think I sent you a picture of a tree right this week, they've all they're all everything has. If that had happened this week, I think they might have had a quicker outcome because all the leaves are stunting to fall, so it would make it a little easier the heat seeking stuff. I agree with that, but it's it's super tricky in these super heavily wooded areas. So I can't I can't you know, on that, I can't give them the thumbs down, but disappointed I can the thumbs down for me is main doesn't have doesn't require background checks on the on the sales of guns. They don't have a red red flag. They have the that yellow that I just told you. They don't prevent domestic abusers from accessing guns. They don't ban assault weapons. They they don't limit magazine capacity, they don't require concealed carry permits. They they don't restrict open carry, and they don't have a waiting period.
Speaker 2: So well, they need some of that. Some of that is going to have to be reformed, and I understand why some of it is not because they have a lot of nature, and especially in that area, So you have to have a weapon to stop a damn moose. But yep, something has to be done, something has to be reformed, because, like you said, Bobby, there's no wait limit or anything. There's no no, no, no license needed for the long gun. You stop a moose, you don't stop people. You stop a buffalo, you don't stop people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I agree. I don't know. I don't understand the assault weapons. They do have a congressman up there, Jared Golden, who is actually was in the Marine Corps himself, who voted to He was one of the people that helped negotiate. I guess what the system that they have up there now. And he said he's counting from own self for for accountability that he was actually wrong with the stuff that they put into place. So and he's changing his stance on al assault weapons.
Speaker 2: So, you know, and prayers, prayers, and Gods, God please touch that area because it's so in all these affected areas. My big fear about whenever I see stuff like the mass shootings, Bobby, I'm always worried about the copycat effect. I'm always a worried about what kid is watching this now or what man or woman because they don't have to be A man's watching this down and say, oh, I want to make history. So if this one Q eighteen, I got that, I'll do this one. I got to kill twenty five. It's just good. Even over the.
Speaker 1: Weekend they had eleven more over the weekend Indianapolis, there was one I think it's called Yaibor in Florida. It's a part of Tampa. They had another shooting where two were dead, sixteen injured. Chicago's West Side had fifteen people shot. I mean, what you're stating, it's already happening. You know, you already have a bunch of other people. We didn't even get to report on this, and just over the weekend. Look how much never mind with the holiday yesterday, how much craziness was probably out there. But I mean he did. They did find him with self inflicted wound by the recycling plant, which I guess fired him. He shot up the places that he used to go with the girlfriend. Yeah, so sad. I feel one of them was a fourteen year older and there was a sixteen year older that was shot. But he seems to be He's in a Boston hospital and he seems to be doing okay so far. I don't know about the psych portion of it, how he'll do that way, but he seems like he's physically he's healing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh still a fair Bobby. So scared it is to all the families and the children. I watched that story, and this is what made me know that, Yep, we all have We may all have and I'm not saying we all have, but we may all have some some of racist or some sense of prejudice in some sort of way. But when I said it in my being, and I watched that story un photo MSNBC, and I'm not talking about the actual story, but I was talking about when they were to actually talk about the victims, the parents, and they were thinking they were showing the pictures of those dads with their children and those people who died with their kids and their kids. It just really bothered me, Bobby. That removed all the titles, removed the color of my skin, remove the religion, and we're all Americans, but we don't see that. It really bothered me. I was in tears, almost in tears, Bobby, just like I was when they killed all the black people at the grocery store over there in New York. It just it's just people, you know, and those people belonged to somebody. Everybody's life matters and.
Speaker 1: Doing regular stuffling like, there wasn't anything here that was I mean, you and I can't go out and go bowling at a bowling tournament. You can't go out for a burger on a Friday night. I mean, you can't these not There's no risky behavior here.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's not like you're at two in the morning, you're out and god knows what even then you should nothing should happen. But there was absolutely no risk risky behavior. It is devastating. I feel terrible for the community. I saw that James Taylor actually went up to the kids' football I think he was trying to perk them up football game. They had some big tournament and he's saying that the Star Spangled banner, so that was sort of nice. They're getting a little they're getting a little noticed. So anything that's going to try to help them heal it or or try to take the stigma off, because I don't know how you live in that community and it's a big college community as well, and you're not looking over your shoulder the whole time.
Speaker 2: Oh you mentioned James Taylor. Myself by James Taylor is operate. I love operating.
Speaker 1: He's getting honest to God flavor. It's like a mirror of he's getting older. He did all right, but he wasn't that James Taylor singing of old. I'm like, oh, we're all getting old the right hated, but he did well. And I agree with you the prayers out, I feel like that's all we do is we're praying for people on this podcast. But but we are we feel you know, this is this is horrific, so.
Speaker 2: And this and since we're already there again, we're not going to discuss the war, but we wanted some prayers out to Israel as well as PALASTI were as stupid. Yeah, yes, we do not agree with the war. I do not agree with the war. That is my thing is I don't know Bobby stands, but I know Bobby does not like war. But we do not agree with the war. And I'm not getting in the middle of the conversation, but prayers to all the people involved over there, especially the very very innocent.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I'm right with you and a few people I mean, the only thing that we can talk about that would be positive is there have been a few people that have been that have been released. So we had a few Americans, we had a few, a few Israelis. I know that they're negotiations. Blincoln got something done in Biden where they're going to allow they're going to allow some of the people to start coming home, the Americans and a few others, get them over into their own countries. The people that don't belong there get them out, which to me makes the you know, as long as the other side isn't shooting us down, it kind of makes the most sense to get everybody back or they want to Your vacation is over, folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after that, Okay, what we're going by, we're going to.
Speaker 1: We are going politics. So just on that note, speaking about that war, in the Ukraine War, Biden's requested a one oh six billion emergency funding package, where fourteen billion would go to the Israel conflict, sixty one would go to Ukraine's war, ten billion would go towards humanitarian aid for the refugees and the people who are who have been losing out. You know, in between all the wars and thirteen billion to border security, and oh then the last is ten billion to Taiwan and the Indo Pacific. The Democratics are passing the package on its merits right now, but just because everything is in such a crisis and Republicans say that it's throwing money at the border, they're stuck on the border as one of the places they want to have a different fix for the immigration issues, which the immigration has been going on since the beginning of time. Flame, I don't know, you're not going to fix it on the whole.
Speaker 2: Money sism immigrants.
Speaker 1: I am. I'm only second generation, you know, so I'm not even My grandparents are the ones that came over. So I can't even say that I've been. I feel really like an immigrant, you know. I saw the immigrants and how they fought and how they worked. You know, I still have the scar from it in a positive way. So I don't I don't understand, but that's where it's being held up. We'll pray for them as well, Sweet and Mary, see if we can get some of this money.
Speaker 2: I know that they are in negotiations about giving up their money to buy what has the Speaker of the house there, Oh, we don't have one.
Speaker 1: We finally, so we get that nut bag. That's a whole other, that's a whole other, you know, kettle of fish.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the heck we don't have one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one that's willing to work. You know who they who? They ended up getting put into place. He just doesn't seem he walks around with his Bible. He believes that you can pray it away for the love of God. You know, I don't know. I'm hoping that he can sort of remove himself or what his needs are and get to the work of what the people are. We've got to you know, we've got to pass our budget, you know, the gut. It's going to shut down in so many days. So I'm hoping to Jesus that uh, that he can he can get something done. Fingers that chows crossed. We haven't heard anything yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, while we are in the house, you know, they voted today to try to have George Santos removed and he is He's still in his position even with all the lads of this country is innocent and proved until proven guilty. How about he is guilty as and busted and they will not get rid of him. Okay, I need you to explain that to me. Boy I count but.
Speaker 1: They needed two thirds majority and and and fortunately they fell short. The final vote was one seventy nine to two thirteen, So I don't And only five times have they ever expelled, you know, a representative, and the last was two thousand and two. It was a Democrat, James traffick Ant I think it was his name, and he was convicted, convicted of ten felony counts. I'm hoping that the fact that they even tried it the once, uh, that that they'll push it along. It was done only at the end of last week, I believe, uh, And it's sort of hot off the press, and they didn't get it done today. I don't understand. The only thing that I can think of flame is that he hasn't been convicted yet. He's been indicted, you know, and accused of and that's what he's hanging He's hanging on like one of those cats with their fingernails, just you know, digging in so they don't get pulled back, saying that he's innocent. He has never had a chance to even to prove his innocence and blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah. So I don't know if that's going to be it. If that's the reason, I kind of imagine every Democrat wouldn't have wouldn't have jumped on board that. I mean, he's an embarrassment. For the love of God.
Speaker 2: Well, well, the Republicans to hold him in there because he's holding a power position, that's all that is by Clippy, you know that, because they don't want his aft. He's like you said, he's an embarrassing I can't but I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: I don't know all the ins and outs of what the rules are for replacing him, but I would think, just like when Feinstein passed that the governor or there's somebody else that could put somebody could put somebody in to replace him. I don't know, but I think it said they don't get right, they don't want to give up the seat. I don't know if they can do the same thing, you know, in the with with his position as they did when someone passes another Chucola.
Speaker 2: And we still haven't heard from LGBT community, because not only is he an embarrassment to the Republican Party and enter the country, but he represents LGBT qui ava and we haven't heard from him seeing anything in a negative consentation and he positive. Yeah, I'm not saying that he's anti gay, but he is. He was back Santos, who is don't say gay Biel and no drag shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I mean, I don't. I haven't heard anybody. I haven't. They've been very quiet period with him. I haven't heard yay we love him or no, we hate him. He certainly wasn't doing anything that was that was help in the community. Uh so, I don't know. Another disgrace is that that New Jersey he's a Democratic Senator Menendez.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, him his wife was getting over paul lice.
Speaker 1: Allegedly and that's what he said. So he went to Uh So, that's it's something to think about. Do you have or should they when you're indicted of something like that of helping another foreign country, did you have your security clearance lowered or taken away? Because he went to the Ukraine briefing today he didn't go to Israel after a conversation with Chuck Schum Schumer and he said the Chuck Schuman didn't tell me not to go. He was like a little child when CNN kind of went up to him. But should you have you know, when when you're colluding with the enemy, so to speak, or with another country, should you have your security clearance lowered?
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 1: He got he got in and he got information about Ukraine, but he certainly didn't get it about the Middle East, which I sort of liked Israel. But I mean, somebody has to do something with him as well. I mean, I don't want to give up a position plane, but I don't want him representing the United States. He's not in my state, but I wouldn't want him representing me. He's a fool. He and his wife and how they've been allowed in when this stuff is they it's kind of been brought to light before. I don't know.
Speaker 2: And they got Oh my god, they get they so much. They just you think about the homeless and the poor in his country, and then you think about the greed from some of these people, and it's just out of control. It's terrible, Bobby, and.
Speaker 1: They do it in plain sight. It's I don't think these people, any of them, anybody like George Santos all of his lies. He admitted that he lied you know, like they're doing it in plain sight and we're not calling them on it. I just don't. I don't. It's sort of like the Lewiston saying as well, like people said that he shouldn't be you know, he shouldn't have a weapon, and we're not. Nobody's there's no follow up or follow through, but we need to We certainly need to figure it out because we needed to clean it up and have people that are actually working for us. Now. I would love to say he was like a Robin Hood flame George Santos, and so he might be a liar, but my god, all this good that he's done for, done for everybody hasn't done anything because the whole focus is but on him and all of his misdeeds. What he thinks he can do for his people in New York. I have no idea. He's a he's a complete bozo.
Speaker 2: Well he came, he came in that state, that position on his own. The powers that be are surrounding him and keeping him in that position by so yeah, yeh yeh yeh where.
Speaker 1: We oh you know what, No, this is in politics, but I'm just I just was curious if you've seen it did you see that the ABC anchors TJ. Holmes and Amy Robock are returning to the air with a podcast Nothing is off Limits? I think they're stealing your If you're not afraid to ask, I'm all for a answer. I just should we be all in people's business. If you haven't an affair, does the public really care?
Speaker 2: Well? I didn't care that they were having one of ABC. In fact, I was familiar with seeing that they were familiar basis on good Going America to me, and I like the familiarity of getting my news from somebody that I was comfortable seeing, just like I missed Chris Crmo for that same reason. But if ABC has a strict frienditizing policy, but you can't tell the heart or the body what it wants because when it wants, it wants it. I just I don't know if they got if they publicized it too much, or if they were just be inspired or who knows, But hats off to them for at least coming back to work. Hopefully the podcast will be successful, because some people is going to rub in the wrong way that they're together, and for so many different reasons, even in twenty twenty three, for so many different reasons.
Speaker 1: They're a cute couple.
Speaker 2: I mean, Bobby, you took the words out of their mouth. They were a cue. They are a q couple.
Speaker 1: They really are, I said, because they're they're doing some of the the marketing for the podcast, and they just they kind of they just fit, if that makes any sense. They just look they look adorable.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: But so hats off to them. I just saw that there were a few things that I just saw just as we were getting ready on. So here's here's another thing I'm going to ask you, being on more of the celebrity side, do you think that people should make comments about other people's children? Paris Hilton, her kid does have a large squash. What can I say? But she's had a lot of haters that have been really picking on her baby, and she's sort of been clapping back. And I think, should we make comments about people's kids, Does it make a difference, should they be off limits because the kids aren't asking to be famous?
Speaker 2: So what they call the baby he and molt he got more then he got body.
Speaker 1: He really I don't think. I think he's gonna have a tough time sitting up. He's gonna fall over with that head.
Speaker 2: We'll grow into exactly he'll grow into or or he'll be Pat saved yet. Yeah, because the reading Pat Sajack got the job on the Will Fortune. I remember him the State to telling the story that MERV Gripper said that he thought that people with big heads were more successful on TV. And Pat Thinkjack has had that job. But how many forty plus years?
Speaker 1: It's true, it's true?
Speaker 2: So it is it is. I hear what you're saying about the kids. But you know, after tru nothing has been off limits to say about anybody because as a president of these United States, he was allowed to get away with saying anything and everything about all types of people, people with disabilities and people with physical and so you know, is it wrong? Is it right? Or were you given a green light because your leader did it and he didn't get reprimanded for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just think that, like we're so involved in people's personal Like the other thing that I saw that came out, and I thought, who kias for me? Who kills Meryl Streep and her husband of forty five years they've been living apart separately for sex. I don't think that they're like divorced. I think that we do better if you live in that house and I live in this house. And oh my god, the comments people were making and they were up in arms, and I'm thinking, kiss if it works for them and they're happy after forty years of living together, they decided these last so many years they want to live. Who are we the public to put in on someone's marriage. I just it's sort of like the TJ. Holmes and abing robots. I don't care as long as you're not doing something to me and you're doing your job. Well, I just don't understand why people think they have they have the right to make so many comments about people, and why we have to be.
Speaker 2: So people's business because we're on the outset looking in and we want more what it is, that's all, that's all we want more.
Speaker 1: Well, I can tell you I don't want it like I got. I got my own problems. For the love of God, I can't be I couldn't make my marriage work for two point three seconds. Never mind this broad has forty six years of marriage. God bless her.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that because we don't know the in the workings of their marriage like you see it, maybe that we still love each other, but we don't like to live in I can't change your pet peeves, and after thirty five years of marriage, I'm sticking you leading the toilet feed up. That don't mean I want to divorce you. I just don't want to live in the same house at you. Now. That don't mean I don't spend a night at your house three or four nights out the week, but I go home to my own house for my own sanity. That might be keeping their marriage together. But you know, people will be ready to like, oh, I think is stupid, and I will, well, what you think and what's happening in my marriage ain't got shit to do with me.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to say, how's your marriage?
Speaker 2: Most of the comments, most of the comments are probably don't even have a marriage. That's that's the killer right there.
Speaker 1: I can't even I kind of but I just thought, I keep seeing like a trend that's coming over and over and I know it's not what we usually do. We talk more politics, But I thought, I am when do we become a community that our society that needs to make a comment about everything everybody else is doing, Like you know, Jada Pinkett Smith, right, so she's going to put all her business out. I don't care. I won't be buying the book. I don't want to be in your marriage. Take me off the group text. I don't want. I don't need to know. So you guys work it out yourselves. Blush your little hearts. I don't need as much information as you think I'm interested. I'm not interested.
Speaker 2: And all the people who saying that she ain't making money, that book is number three on the New York Times Bestseller Oh God bless her.
Speaker 1: Oh she she'd make money. And so you don't know about this stuff is hyped for the books and for sales, and I just think, oh, I just don't want to know anymore. But I want them both to do well. I want them to be successful. I think that they are both incredibly talented at what they do, and I will go to the box office and watch them. But I really don't care what's happening in their household as long as anyone's getting hurt.
Speaker 2: I think they belong together personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes a match is made, right, But back to more politic y stuff. I saw that the economy rose four point nine percent whoop, whoop last quarter you know, with all the FEDS measures, they decided today that they're going to hold interest rates down for now. But US Americans, it's funny. I'm not an economist, so I don't really get it. But the more we spend, it's going to get some trouble because it's not slowing things down, so they want to keep inflation down, so they're holding it for now.
Speaker 2: I'm maybe I'll get it next morning, because that must have missed it me either.
Speaker 1: But if the the country is doing better, it's crawling back flame, But it is. It's the trajectory prior to all of the nonsense like with Israel and stuff that's gone on, it has been climbing up, you know, in the in the right direction. Let's just put it that way. You know, the economic growth, the annualized rate is two point one, so it's still a positive sign. It's not great. It will be nice if it was like fifteen percent, but I'll take I'll take what we have. I also saw that do you remember Representative Jamal Bowman. He was the guy that were had to go in and have the vote for for shutting the country down or not, and he couldn't get in, so he pulled the fire alarm. He's getting he's getting dinged. He has to pay a fine. When they when they reviewed the case, they didn't think there was any malice. He wasn't trying to hold up the vote or anything. He just was a stupidhead. He wanted to get into the building and couldn't figure another way, you know, another door to get in. So he is. They put him on three months probation. As long as he doesn't do anything again that that that will go away. And he has to pay the fine for having the police in the fire and everybody to shoot up another thing. That's a little old, But I wanted to get your take. Being a frequent flyer, what do you think about the pilot that that was trying to bring down the flight that used psychedelic mushrooms forty eight hours before before the flight do you think, I mean, they're not going to be able to sit in the jump seat anymore and get a free get a free ride. I just can you imagine if you took down the plane because he was depressed, he probably took the mushrooms because he's depressed. That's a new thing, it's a new treatment.
Speaker 2: I've never taken a fact of their mushroms. I don't I don't know, and I don't know the lingering effect. But here's the thing. You had sense enough to go get on the plane, right, You had sense enough to go and stick calm and get on that jump steat. You had sense enough to fool all those people and go through security. And because because they still have to do all of that, they sell to take off. Well, they may not have to take off their shoes. But you had sense enough to do all of that. But then when you get on the plane and you don't have any sense, girl missing me with that, I'm not bad about it. You can't sell that to me. I just cannot buy that because when I thought about that whole situation, and I've been traveling so much, and I know what it entails to just get to the plane. I'm talking about security lines and dog sniffing and taking off your shoes and belts and putting your arms up and being pat down. But then you still get the sanity and the to go through all there. And then but now it's so all of a sudden, you get to our plane and you're in saying, almost, let me see it for real, nigga please.
Speaker 1: I mean, his life is going to be over because he's being charged in eighty three accounts of attempted murder. I don't know how you come back from that plane. I'm talking about getting a job. He won't even be able to sweep the floors at the airport, you know, when it's all over, I wouldn't think so, I don't know what. I don't know what in the world what he was thinking of. But I'm glad nobody got hurt. I almost I almost had a stroke on it because I'm not a great flyer to begin with.
Speaker 2: But I thought Robbie and I am so ain'tal now where, not even now, because I think I've talked about this on coffee dawn before. When we land, if the carpet is open, and the pilots, because sometimes they come out, sometimes they don't. I'm always thank you for a safe flight. Thank you for a safe flight because at that moment olives in the driver's hands.
Speaker 1: It's the truth. And thank you for not taking my shrooms two days ago. Thank you for not getting loaded. Did you know the night before so that you're feeling hungover for doing the right thing? I mean, should we have to thank people for doing exactly what their job is. No, but it is nice. It is nice to give a little two thumbs up. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: Well, it makes people feel better and it makes them feel appreciated because I'm super pilots, the drivers and endor mean and elevator men or whatever. That's really telling my age they had an elevator man in a long time. But I'm sure that they are a genuine act of kindness to thank you and I appreciate you. It goes a long way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it is, and you do appreciate I'm sure you like it when people tell you had a great sound, right if you see them af there it make sure it is nice to know that people appreciate what you do. They certainly when when they don't appreciate you, they failure.
Speaker 2: So that's the problem. The negative. Our wings are positive right now.
Speaker 1: Uh you know what else? I saw that that was kind of nice. It was like a week and a half ago. But the city of Orlando is uh finally approving to buy the Pulse nightclub where forty forty nine people were killed fifty three were injured, and interested in making it the property of permanent memorials to honor the victims, and I thought, isn't that nice.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful because a lot of those kids, those people loved their last My girl, that was my girlfriend, Angelica fan Chess, who was on the news. She was the one who climbed up in the office, up in the up in the air ducks to get away and they get terrifying. Yeah, she was the one who did that, and so she reported that the CNA it is. Yeah, we just like you said, you don't know, you could be anywhere.
Speaker 1: Just doing what you're supposed to do, you know, like just doing your regular I mean bowling. When did bowling become treacherous? For the love of God, bowling maybe boredom, but but not anything that was violent. It's just crazy. The elections have had a little bit of move so I'm sure you've heard that Pens and Will Hurd have backed out. Penn said it's just not his time. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, Yo, damn ain't coming the bag, no boat. Yeah, baby chunked the head. I'm chumped the head. All the people turn on Hill. But that Nicky Hayley exclaiming in the polls and rots not clambing.
Speaker 1: No, he's sorta flat. They think that, like is it Tim Scott, Asa Hutchinson, that Bergham and Larry Elder, they'll be dropping out. I heard that Chris Christie, and I think he's reasonable. So you know, I like him because I understand what he says and when he talks to me, and he doesn't seem to be lying lying, but he seems he's going by the New Hampshire polls. And he said that he thought it was smart that Pence. You know, everybody's taking a hard look at how viable they're going to be. And I'm like, pow, you're not that much. You're I think you're like a tenth of a percent. But you know, I think I think the GOP it'll be will be down to like three or four within the next month or so. But somebody named Dean Phillips, a representative of Minnesota, is announcing candidacy for the Democrats. Who I never heard of him before.
Speaker 2: Who he really is?
Speaker 1: Who I mean? They said, Dean became like who? Like I didn't. Then I said Minnesota, and I went all right, but I don't know that he's done anything. I'm going to have to do a little research on him. But he thinks that President Biden has done an unbelievable job for the people. But you know, they keep going back to the age, you know. But he thinks that that, you know, somebody else could should put their hat.
Speaker 2: In the ring.
Speaker 1: And I guess he thinks that should be him. I don't know what he thinks he'll get done when nobody has heard of him. I I don't think we're going to have another President Obama, you know, kind of flying through the ranks here. But we'll see what happens with that. It was a little I was a little disappointed. And Trump is still can you imagine he's still now, he's fifty six percent. They had the gag order back in. They took it off her for a minute and put it back on because he just can't seemed to keep his mouth closed when it caught.
Speaker 2: Which is what? Which is what should be exactly what if he's going to be the leader of the free world if he wins the president, that that is what his title will be. But you can't even follow the rules that are in the constitution and play in this country. That is all reflanks to me. But because his base is so listen, I wish somebody loved me like that good guy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't even get it.
Speaker 2: And I don't even know if it's love boy, but whatever it is, it's it's.
Speaker 1: Like a cult. I saw Adam's Kinsinger am My pronouncing it right. He stood up for the election and ended up losing his seat over it, and he's come out with a book book, And he was on Maria Streiver has a live in a podcast that she does, and he was on and he said, it's a cult, you know, when it down to it, and people actually look it's it's because it's it's giving every bit of your belief away with even when you're when you're being told what the reality is. So he said, he voted Democrat the last election, and if it's Trump and Biden again, he will vote Democrat even though he's a Republican. So interesting he's got, I mean, and Trump's got a lot of problems. Look at all the plea deals he's got. Several of his attorneys, Jenna Ellis, Sidney Powell, Kenneth Cheeseborrow, Scott Hall and all all pleading guilty and taking plea deals. And Mark Meadows has been given immunity for January six I'm dying to see what he comes out. The only thing he's come out with so far is that he's being dishonest about what he said happened in the in the in the Oval office about January sixth. So he's got to be shaking in his boots. But you know, I don't know if Trump has it, you know, like I think he's missing that be nervous over something.
Speaker 2: He seems like Bobby. I think I think that it's not a confidence level, but I think that he is so reassured that I got the goods on y'all. So when y'all try to put me away, I'm going to drop the goods on everybody because Trump gives me very that if he's busted, everybody's gone.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, this won't be this term won't be first of all, when we get him out. But this term is all about retaliation. It has nothing about doing doing good for the people that his base is, like lower middle class, Like he could care lots about the group of people that have actually, you know, jumped on him and think that he's he's their guy. And I want to say, oh please, the expression you used earlier. Are you kidding me? I just kind of I just kind of imagine. It seems absolutely crazy to me. But we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean, nigga? Please? Oh Bobby, please say it?
Speaker 1: Oh I could, but I like when you set up. But that's what you want to say, Honest to God, are you kidding me? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: I learned, but let me learn. This is a this is still that still for comedy. I'm not putting Bobby on his flapping for me. So before anybody takes that, a run Bobby, our friends. And that was just a joke. I knew she was not going to say it. That was just a joke. Say y'all now, because y'all would take that and run with the good God. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Did you see Texas? A g Ken Paxton is suing Biden because they cut his razor wire. Because they cut the razor wire down on the border. He thinks that the migrants are if they're they're increasing, and he's very upset over so he's gonna.
Speaker 2: Waste He's still inviting over that. Uh. The santist is wearing high heeled boots. Girl, where is the world coming to.
Speaker 1: Can you can you even imagine? I just can't even I mean, the Biden administration is still plugging along. They've cut even more student loans. They I think they're up to one hundred and twenty seven billion for three point six million people. And it's the public sector workers. They're just finding more programs they can get people who have been paying for over twenty years, people who were defrauded for for profit colleges aka Trump University or I should say ie not aka. So you know, So that's that's what has seen for the people, kind of kind of good for the people. Ford went back to I believe it was scored that went back to work, and then the actors strike. There were three thousand people out last week on the picket lines in Hollywood. But they said that they're making they're making some progress. They're inching little by a little closer to a deal. Have you heard anything on that.
Speaker 2: Yes, apparently that might be a until January, because you know what, Hollywood is about to shut down by Hollywood usually shut down the week before Thanksgiving into after the new year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the negotiations will stop at that point or just slow.
Speaker 2: I think that they will probably be no existent until after the new year, because people go home, people go back to wherever they came from. To me with family and friends and loved ones. But I would like for it to be over. But I'm telling you about me right now. This AI thing girl is way spookier than people know. And people have not dove into it. They taking it as a joke. But it is something that is very real and it's going to make a lot of people go to the suit kitchen or go to the rear line because AI will do things without without talk back, would do things without an attitude because it's a damn computer or it's a damn push up a button. But I don't support the AI in every capacity, especially at the grocery store. I say, would you like to do stuff checkout? I say, I don't work here, No, And I.
Speaker 1: Get that, But part of that is us ways in our kids, right, they're lazy. They don't want jobs. You know, they're sort of trying to tap dance. I figure out a way to get your groceries out the store where they can still get the money. But I certainly know our kids don't get a job. I saw this week that President Biden, but I can't speak to it on this at least this week. I can't that he's trying to put in guardrails with AI and where it's acceptable to use, where it's not acceptable to use. So I'll be very interested to see A if he's able to get whatever it is past and what the actual guardrails are, because there are positive things to AI, you know from what I hear you can so it might take some jobs away, but it's supposed to be able to add other jobs because they'll need to kind of shift that work to another place, like when we used to do things manually way back in the day. Remember there were loomers, not back in yours in my day. I know, people think we're old. We're not that old, but we used to have a loom and then all of a sudden, we have that was electric. But they needed people to run those electric blooms, and they need people to repair those electric blooms. So it's not that it will take away all jobs, but it is scary when you see it, especially would say in Hollywood, right, the things that you'd be able to do, you'd make people look like they were doing things that they weren't actually doing. So I'll be interested to see about what the guardrails are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's so crazy. But AI, that's what they're fighting over. And I got a lot of free intrants out of work. And I'm telling you they were on TV every week. But apparently the money was not as great as what it was because they are already working at McDonald's. And that's not a bad thing working because McDonald's in California paid like twenty two dollars an hour and they have benefits.
Speaker 1: They have quite a benefit package from I know somebody that worked there. They had six days, they had four on one kids, they had a profit sharing, they had I mean, playes not so bad. And if you have no job, it's better to have any job so that you can at least put I know it's not as glamorous as is working. But the people who were probably there weren't a list actors. I'm sure they were. They were lower, no, but.
Speaker 2: But they were working paycheck to paycheck. Because a lot of people think because you're on TV, you're rich, but they forget that acting is a job. It's a job.
Speaker 1: You need every every job that you have, you need a side gig, right, you need something else. You can't put all your eggs on one basket. Look at you do the hosting, you do the comedy, you do anything that you get an opportunity to do. You do the podcast. You gotta have You got to have another, a side gig. You got to have something else that brings in money once one one thing doesn't.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna have to go ahead and start. There's the only fans accounts I get paid. Oh my god, I'm gonna maybe account. Maybe I started an only fans account and just eat bacon on that, because you know, people are into that.
Speaker 1: Who do you do coffee time? People are in what kind of bacon is it is? I'm like, take a breath, I know right by me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my god, it's bacon. Y'all see my play has eating it every day.
Speaker 1: They want the details. I think it might be onto something there, especially if you've got a few pet pigs and put them around you probably really you'd probably really scare them.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll do it. Maybe I'll do it in the broad and a wing and just eating.
Speaker 1: I think I think they like it. Oh look at my tastes turning bright red.
Speaker 2: Somebody be into it. Look, somebody will watch it. At least look, maybe the white Howard will watch it. Oh, I want to go down that road. I want to say I admire that the white Howard taking a stance for the white Howard. I appreciate that more people need to stand up for themselves because what that man does in the privacy of Higby room should have stayed in the privacy of his room and the person they the consensual adult that he chose to sleep with, whether it was man, woman, or whatever they identified as. But we so quick to judge and run at people. He's a very attractive man, and so many men and women who would saw him and knew exactly what went down would still sleep with him because he's a good look at man and he's an NBA prayer.
Speaker 1: Were back to the how we One of the conversations that we had at the beginning of the podcast, I don't care. I don't care what other people do. I don't so you noted it, okay, But then the conversation is, at the end of the day, I don't care as long as people aren't getting hurt or he's not forcing people. That's a different conversation. I really don't care. It's it's we all have enough troubles. Like concentrate on your own and fiction, your own life. Don't worry about where people put their parts and who they're putting them with. I don't really care.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that was his statement. He said, where I put my wood is why I lay my wood is my business? I said, yes, would Leah, Yes.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, I can't even Yeah, move it along. I can't stand it. We have had I think we're coming to the end, and we've had a lot of debts. We had Bertie Beauman, who is the longest serving Black congressman. He died at ninety two. We had all Richard Rowntree, who played Shaft. He was the highest thing. I thought he was cooler than cooler and cool. He was the first black action hero on television. He died from pancreatic cancer at eighty one. We had Bert Young. You remember Bert Young. He was poor in Rocky films. He died at eighty three. We had Pyle Laurie. She died at ninety one. She was like a character actor. She had these fun, funky spots. You when you see her, you know who she is. I didn't know her name from a home in the Wall. I know she played in Carrie and she played in Hustler or The Hustler. I think it was called I think Yesterday or Today. A Hall of Fame college coach. Bob Knight died in eighty three, and then Matthew Perry dies at fifty four, I mean apparent drowning. They got some of his talk screen back. Everything has been cleared to think he is were he worked so hard in his sobriety.
Speaker 2: He was so.
Speaker 1: Honest about coming out with it and trying to help people. In fact, he didn't want people to know him for acting. He was obviously hoping to have thirty more years at least, and you know of he wanted to be known for his good deeds or for being able to help people. And in the time that he had, God bless him he did. But that was shocked. Were you shocked with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I would. And another story is still unfolded because they they was gonna go right to say, oh it was Josey, It was jos It was jokes And I just I liked his character on the show. Yeah, And from when I whenever any view I was saying about him because that I wasn't like a fan that followed his career, but any times that I ever saw anything that he was on, he always seemed like such a lovely man. He did what everybody's saying, and he was just a regular person. He had demons, like we all do. We all have damons.
Speaker 1: He did, and that few other actors have come out and said that they were struggling as well, and he kind of just put his arm around them and helped them and got them through. He got them over the humps. They could call him twenty four to seven, and I think that's what he wanted to be known for. So I hope more and more people come out and talk about that. I think the screening out. One of the screenings came back today. There was no methods that I mean, like there's you know, it takes longer and longer and longer to get some of them. But I went, oh, thank God, because you know, I know that everybody's going he was going to go to that, but he put his heart. I'm assuming it's a heart attack. He is of a certain age, and he did a lot of you know, I have alcoholics in my own family. He did a lot of damage to that heart, probably so. But it's sad when your parents is still a lot and they have to watch you, you know, they have to go through this. It breaks my heart. But so God bless. I hope it was peaceful and I hope.
Speaker 2: He's and prayers to the cast, the friends in his family, because the child who knows what kind of relationship they had. They think they all think very close. And I love that they all stood together to make sure that they all get equal paid. You see that equality equality. You stand together. When you stand together, you make change.
Speaker 1: And you say that all the time with your fist right. Yes, I always loved that expression. That's one of my favorite expressions that used to that you say. But they did, and they and they came out actually as a group even with this and said we're grieving, so please like basically nicely leave us alone for now. We're processing. We can't believe it. I think when you're in your formative years, they were in their early you know, early in mid twenties when they all started this. I think I think that sort of gells you. Sometimes they seemed like they were more they had such a bond, they seemed like they were more family than friends strang no pun intended, but if I get credit for it, I'll take it. So I you know, God bless everybody there, and I think that that's all I had. Did you have anything? Where were you off to? Did you already tell us where you were off to?
Speaker 2: I mean Detroit, I mean Canada Tomorrow at the Windsor Casino with Tiffany Hattish and Lil rel Howery and with Essi Grantic and then on Friday we will be at the Horseshoe Casino and having Indiana and on Faridie. I am going home. Thank you, Jeeves. I'm ready to go home. I miss Dexter and Timmy and not in that order.
Speaker 1: Will you? Will you be off until the holidays. I feel like there's not a lot that happens in Shieldbez during.
Speaker 2: The I think I'm off until the eleventh with Tiffany. I think we do the eleventh until and then I'm off until the holidays. But I have been having the time of my life and a great whirl win. I want you guys to please if you can go to Comedy Hype and listen to the interview I did with Tiffany. She's a lovely, lovely woman she was. The interview was pretty good because the interview was very fair, and I was, of course I was just flameing rope. But it was the way her tone, her temperament, the way she said up the questions. She laughed with me. She made me so comfortable. She's a good interview I really like her a lot, and I want you guys to go listen to it. I didn't say anything that I think that should offend anybody, but I wasn't trying to speak to a being or to not a being. I was just being flame by bro.
Speaker 1: No, you were good. I liked it. You had a high energy, and I do agree. I liked her. You know what I liked about her, I said this to you already. I like when an interviewer is prepared, they actually know who the subject matter is. They get a little bit of attention. She already kind of know your stances on things, so nothing was shocking for her either. It was very comfortable. There weren't any like aha moments where you were shocked and grabbing your pearls. It was a very comfortable, high energy interview. I loved it. I thought it was great. So if you can put it on in your car. You can put it on anywhere everybody. So I'm definitely.
Speaker 2: On the comedy high page. Oh my god. But we will color a lot of information tonight. I did, my Darling. My voice is heavy. I sound like Saint Nick.
Speaker 1: That's because you've been hooping it up. You were screaming. You were at the pageant this week. You didn't talk about that and you time you.
Speaker 2: Yes, I had a great time at the Mister and The annual Mister and Miss Black Universe Pageant in Atlanta, Georgia is held every holiday weekend. It is a great contest. Congratulations to Exotic Lord for winning Mister, and to Naomi Michaels for winning myth and to my sister and crime. Today she we won. She and I won Black America and Black America Plus. In nineteen ninety six she was the plus of course toddlers. Oh my god. And now I have watched her win this one and it was something that she had really wanted and so hats off to her impraiers. It's Laurid who makes my best chilling's ever. Missus Gloria had been under the weather, so Tanisha waiting and one for a memory and for her mom, you know, and not in memory because the mom didn't pass, but in faith of her mom. Her mom had given her her blessing, and when she got back to the to Florida where she's from, she put the crown on her mom's head in the hospital be because she felt like her mom was her biggest supporter. So I shared that picture on my Facebook page because I thought that was a beautiful story. Oh I saw that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what that was.
Speaker 2: Now you're that's whatever. She told the story at the pageant that her mom could make it and her mom is usually there with her every year, and her mom told her go away in and bring me the crown back, and she did. She got her mom's blessing and she wanted brought it back to her mom. So that's the beautiful story. That's my that's my good That my do good story for today. Now you want to do bad story, I ain't made one up.
Speaker 1: You're too funny. Well, good luckily, Bobbie.
Speaker 2: I thoroughly enjoy you each and every week. I'm excited about this week, you know, ready to give them up. Bed home it's called in Detroit. But laugh and learned could not work. Ladis them. Were are such a fantastic audience. We thank you for the downloads. I had a lovely meeting with the president of the Black Capect Network last week in Charlotte, Dolly Bishop and her fabulous Beyonce. They were such wonderful people. They took me out to eat and we talked about, you know, the success in the future of Laugh and Learn, and the future looks right.
Speaker 1: Let me just say that to tell a tell a friend, everybody.
Speaker 2: Yes, tell your friend to listen, tell us download you know, and this is not a heavy show. We're not trying to change your mind. We just want you to be open and free to be who you are because the Laugh and Learn our mino, which from day one has been we are not trying to get you and change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind.
Speaker 1: Because why Bobby, Because a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 2: And if you listen to some of these these democratis, these politicians, they are wasting your time and their man because they ain't got one good God. Some of these politicians just crazy. We live in America, both both That's why I said I meant to say, I'm about to say revoke the Democrat down, said politicians, because both sides. While you're absolutely right, I want to send out special prayers all the teachers in the United States. The teachers are the most underpaid, overwork and the jobs are almost dangerous right now. The jobs are almost you want to put down dangerous. But who's going to teach our children if we don't protect these teachers because the teaching industry, I just found this out statistically, we have a shortage for teachers. People don't want to be teaching no more because they're afraid of the backlass, they're afraid of being killed in class and not being protected. And then the pay is not good. Who's going to teach our kids because the parents don't want to teach their kids. Me included, I was like, herey, I'm go to school.
Speaker 1: It's true, and in the state of Massachusetts, and I'm sure it's everywhere. I'm only saying the state of mouse because that's the only one I can speak to for public school teachers. They have to have a master's too. So these people are coming out in the public sector with big student loans, not making a lot of money, no appreciation. You can't celebrate anything anymore. Like you know, when you were in grade school, you used to get to celebrate Halloween and this and that. You can't celebrate anything anymore. It's a tough gig, and the parents want to do less than they've ever wanted to do. So my family is loaded with teachers. So I agree with you, flame, and I love that you said.
Speaker 2: Don yeah, Okay, Bobby Cliffer. You can follow Bobby Cliffer at Bobby Clifford on Instagram and at Clifford I mean at Clifford Bobby on Instagram and at Bobby Clifford on Facebook with me and me and Bobby are both backwards on Instagram, I'm Monroe Flame, but everywhere else I'm Flaming Monroe. Please tell a friend, tell the phone telegraph, Tell somebody that listened to us on Laughing Downloaded, on iHeart, under the Black Effect Network or Spotify, Apple, Amazon, or wherever you listen to your podcast that because what we are Bobby is an Irish American woman. I am a transgender black American African. But what when you remove all those titles are removed that we appearents remove this and any stigma that you or title that you put in front of us. We're Americans that care about our country, and we hope that you are an Americans that cares about your country, because that's the only way we're going to win. Sure. Okay, thank you guys so much for joining us here. Thank you to our wonderful producer, mister Aaron Howell. We appreciate you. Thank you, Charlemagne God for season three, and Dollary Bishop and Will Pearson and I hearten all them good folks. And I'm going to be it or well, I'm turning off the lights. I don't know if I'm going to be good night everyone, Bye. I see you next week. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn.
Speaker 3: Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you, guys, this is flaming Row. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn