Speaker 1: It's been an off season of changes for the forty nine ers, but some things stay the same. George Kittle is sticking around on a new contract. We will tell you what it means and when Brock Purdy could get his JJ. McCarthy says he's ready to get his first regular season start and he sure looks like he's back to his old self. Here from the Vikings quarterback on his recovery from knee surgery, Aaron Rodgers and what lies ahead in twenty twenty five. Getafel Draft is now in the rearview mirror, but now comes the fun part. Which rookies will make the biggest impact well for your team and your fantasy team. Brian Baldinger and Michae left Florio have their predictions. Did somebody says Scataboo. Welcome inside with the insiders alongside Judy Batista and Mike Garrifolo. I am Tom Peliicero. We are fifteen days away now from the NFL schedule release. We are one hundred and twenty eight short days away from the twenty twenty five NFL kickoff game.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: It is a little over four months away from seeing all these rookies make their regular season debuts as well as the regular season debut. One guy whose rookie season got wiped out, that, of course, is JJ McCarthy, the number ten overall pick in last year's NFL draft, wowed in his pre season debut before suffering a meniscus injury the required season ending surgery last August. JJ McCarthy, as you can see here, is back to throwing.
Speaker 2: He's moving. He has certainly put the weight on. So how are you feeling, Jj?
Speaker 3: Overall?
Speaker 4: I feel one hundred and ten percent, because I feel like better than you know when I got hurt eight months ago, and yeah, just really excited to be out here with the guys again and be in the building. I know I'm ready to start because all the work I put in and just the confidence in my skills and abilities and just being able to do my job and simplify simplified things to you know, the best of my ability every single day and you know, just taking one day at a time, one play at a time. And you know, I have a tremendous coaching staff, a tremendous group of guys around me that I can lean on and they can lean on me.
Speaker 2: Judy. I watched that press conference today.
Speaker 3: J J.
Speaker 1: McCarthy is a very impressive young guy. It's easy to forget last year. For all the talk we've had about Jaden Daniels. What a first season. Drake May, Caleb Williams, Michael Pennis, bow Nicks. This was the other guy that was in the mix. He's obviously put a lot of that weight back on that he lost post surgery. Here now it's time to find out exactly what he's all about.
Speaker 5: Well, we'll get to all the stuff that he said, which was impressive, but just looking at him makes you feel better about him because you remember those scenes from when he was on the sideline after he got hurt, when he was drawn, he had lost so much weight. He's obviously put the weight back on. He looks healthy, he's moving well, he's throwing the ball well. And he did say all the right things right that he was asked about the sort of flirtation or at least conversations with Aaron Rodgers, and he basically said, like he put blinders on, he wasn't paying attention to that. He welcomes the pressure. I mean, he is clearly the number one guy. It is all in with JJ McCarthy. There's that old video where he just did not look very healthy frankly at all. But it does all systems go with him. I mean, he is the starting quarterback. They basically told Aaron Rodgers like, thanks for your interest, but no thanks, We're going with this guy.
Speaker 6: So all systems are go for him.
Speaker 5: Really excited to actually see him on the fields when he's got his teammates out there and really practicing football again.
Speaker 7: He gets the full gamut of reps too this time, Judy. I mean, think about the reps he lost when he got hurt. Now he gets the starter reps because he doesn't have anybody to compete with. If you brought Aaron Rodgers in, it was going to cut significantly into his reps, even if it was an open competition.
Speaker 8: He needs those now he needs to make up for them.
Speaker 7: He did a good job by all accounts of during the last year taking the mental reps and seeing how Sam Darnold ran things for the Minuta Vikings as the quarterback.
Speaker 8: But now it's about actually getting in there and doing it.
Speaker 7: It starts in the spring, it continues into training camp and then in the preseason and the Vikings are hopeful he can be even more impressive than he was last year in those preseason games. Carry all that momentum into the preseason and never have to look back and sign a veteran that would be your starter heading into week one.
Speaker 1: Time and Mike he was asked about how he handled everything with Aaron Rodgers and all the speculation. He said, Aaron Rodgers one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. Toy to respect for him, but I'm focused on what I have to do, which right now is continuing to prove through this offseason that he can be QB one Fightings also locked up one of his teammates for another year earlier today.
Speaker 2: Andrew Van Ginkel agreed to terms.
Speaker 1: On a one year, twenty three million dollar extension that puts him under contract with Minnesota through twenty twenty six. Van Ginkle last year one of the best bargains in the NFL. Maybe this time around teams will realize stop throwing bubbles to his side and handing them free piece pick sixes.
Speaker 2: That certainly would be a sound strategy.
Speaker 1: Another guy who got paid earlier today, George Kittle, the forty nine ers star tight end, agreed terms on a four years seventy six point four million dollar contract extension that includes forty million dollars guaranteed. Kittle had been due fifteen million dollars this season. He was not present at the start of offseason workouts. Judy Kittle said it was not contract related, but it was pretty obvious that he was due for an adjustment. What do you make of this deal right now for a San Francisco team that's made a lot of decisions through the course of this offseason.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, it probably got lost in the draft shuffle, but when he showed up to the offseason workouts on Friday, that was an indication that things were probably moving in a positive direction.
Speaker 6: And here we are. You're right.
Speaker 5: In the past we have seen in the past few months, we've seen, I mean, San Francisco has shed a.
Speaker 6: Lot of big name players.
Speaker 5: This is one they wanted to bring back, and incredibly, they did it early in the off season relative to when they usually get these contracts done. The last few years, we've seen them go all the way into July, even August getting these contracts done. The last time George Kittle signed an extension, it didn't get done until August it's still April. This is a four year extension. He's going to be thirty two in the middle of this season. Is he going to play out the four years? I mean, maybe not, but he's going to play at least two years, maybe three. He's still super, super productive eleven hundred yards last season, I believe, eight receiving touchdowns, and he's super durable. The only season in which George Kittle lost significant time was twenty twenty, so he is available in addition to being a huge piece of that offense.
Speaker 6: Good for him.
Speaker 5: He is now the highest paid tight end by just a little bit over Trey McBride, but he's still got the title.
Speaker 8: With a little help from some back end money there to inflate the deal. That's why. That's the reason for the point four. He got point one over Trey McBride.
Speaker 7: Is he technically the new highest paid tight end, but it's Apple's and Orange is tough to compare the two deals.
Speaker 8: It's a good deal. George Kittle's back. He's in the fold. That's good.
Speaker 7: Check one item off of the forty nine ers offseason list. Brock parties another. We're going to get to him in a second. How about Fred Warner, the linebacker who is just so pivotal, so vital, excuse me, to what the forty nine ers do defensively.
Speaker 8: He's got two years left on his deal.
Speaker 7: Now, the market at his position really hasn't run away, But at some point both sides might want to get this thing done. They're going to talk and see if they can get something done moving forward. So the fact that Kittle got done, I'm sure that is a good sign for Fred Warner that he could potentially get his sounded like the Niners wanted to get Kittle done first and then move on to see if they can get something done for Warner. We'll keep an eye on that, see if the sides can reach an agreement at some point this offseason. And then there's the trickle down effect for the other tight ends on other teams. Guys we were talking about during the draft is potentially being traded. They were not, and nothing is imminent now for both Mark Andrews and the Ravens and Dallas Goddard of the Eagles. Now we can argue when it comes to Andrews and Goddard whether they should have money that what Kittle got is over it, under it, whatever, But the point is both guys are going to get deals at some point, whether it's from their existing teams or their next teams that should be in that neighborhood. So yeah, this certainly helps these guys who are on their third contract say hey, there's where I should be, and their current teams have to.
Speaker 8: Decide can we budget that? If not, then we got to potentially move on from these guys.
Speaker 7: The Ravens also have to decide is it Andrews or is it Isaiah likely that they wind up giving their next big deal at the tight end position too, So these are still two situations we are monitoring. I know Eric Tacosta said he expects Mark Andrews on the team this upcoming season, but that doesn't put this one to bed completely.
Speaker 8: Got to keep an eye see what happens with both of those guys.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're Mark Andrews or Dallas Goddard and you just saw George Kittle, another tight end over age thirty, get a raise after he was doing fifteen million this year, you're going, in Andrew's case, I'm making eleven million this year. What are we even talking about at this point here? Certainly situations to monitor moving forward, same thing you mentioned brock par there, Mike. We know the forty nine Ers and Perty's agent have been in negotiations for quite a while now on a contract extension Party going into the fourth year of his original rookie deal, which as we know, is at a pretty low number around five million dollars thanks to hit him hitting some escalators on what was a seventh round draft pick contract, Judy, we know from the forty nine ers own words, they have been budgeting for this. They have been preparing to pay Rock Party. They have every intention for Rock Party to be their franchise quarterback. It's always tough, though, when you've got that much smaller number in the last year of a deal, to figure out how the cash flow works, how the numbers work, to look the right way it's going to be franchise quarterback money. They're just not yet at a point of agreeing on exactly what those numbers should be.
Speaker 6: They're not.
Speaker 5: But as we were just talking about before, like this is a franchise that has been very comfortable with letting big contracts get done deep into the summer after training camp opens, you know, after a preseason games start July August, you do wonder though, after last year when the Ayuk situation sort of hung over them, they were flat, They did not get off to a very good start. The whole season sort of caved in. You do wonder if maybe they are going to change their approach. They got the Kittle deal done and that sort of felt like they were clearing the decks to try to concentrate now on getting party and we did here again when so many veterans left during free agency, we did hear that part of this was because they were getting prepared to pay Brock Purdy. You do wonder if maybe they're going to change their approach and try to get this done so that everything is clear.
Speaker 6: Nothing is hanging over the team.
Speaker 5: Certainly nothing is hanging over your franchise quarterback as you go into what's going to be a really important season for this team.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's one thing to do that with Deebo Samuel or Brandon Ayuk. It's another thing to do with your starting quarterback. And he was there for the start of off season workouts. The next step is OTA's is he going to wind up being there for those You certainly want your quarterback to be part of them, even if they are voluntary. We have seen guys miss him at the quarterback position before. I just every time I've seen something in the last couple of days about brock Purty and the monetary value, it seems like it's now accepted that this is going to be in the fifties. With regard to million dollars per year. It's like when we talked about this a couple of weeks ago, or everybody.
Speaker 9: What he's going to make fifty something, Yeah, fifty something million, depending on where it is. In the fifties is low when you're doing these deals because we're already in the sixties, so he's taking less than that.
Speaker 7: We talked about the percentage of the salary cap. So I think both sites in this negotiation have also gotten to the point where everybody, yeah, okay, it's going to be in the fifties.
Speaker 8: It's a question of how high. It's a question of structure. There's still allowed to figure out. But at least they're in the.
Speaker 7: Same ballpark with regard to the first number on this deal with average per year, Tom.
Speaker 1: Massive contracts like this usually don't get done unless you're at least in top ten money for the position. Right now, that is over fifty million dollars per year, including for a guy for everybody, he's saying, well, you can't build around a quarterback making that money. Jalen Hurts is upwards of fifty million dollars. That hasn't precluded the Eagles from building a Super Bowl Championship caliber a team pretty of course, does not have a fifty year option on his contract. That's part of the unique dynamics of this. But the deadline is coming up on Thursday. Four teams to exercise those fifty year options on their first round picks from the twenty twenty two draft. The Chiefs did that, no brainers. Trent McDuffie George car loftis now under contract through twenty twenty six, and you would certainly think Kansas City would like to get extensions done with both sooner than later.
Speaker 8: He has the upside the ceiling ball steels production.
Speaker 10: There's tremendous upside, a tremendous due is a live arm.
Speaker 1: The blockbuster trade, the trade up, trade down rated outs traded in getting out of this pick.
Speaker 6: Certainly open to trading.
Speaker 11: Back the best available at your best available, best player available, best available, slid.
Speaker 8: Down, stockpiling and raft Capital mock draft.
Speaker 10: In mock drafts, from the rest of my mock draft, I'm going to probably hide under my bed, but.
Speaker 12: This is one I got right.
Speaker 1: Time now for ask the Aces presented by ACE Hardware. Tom Pellisera with our Ace Brian Baldinger with us right here, Baldy, I won't ask you to break down all the terminology and whether or not DJ would have been better served getting underneath his bed here, but let's just talk about who benefited the most in your mind a couple of days to marinate on this draft, what team improved the most.
Speaker 13: Well, when you think about this, Tom, I mean the Raiders had eleven picks. They won four games last year in the division where Kansas City won fifteen. They've done an improve a lot. And so it starts with the drafting of this man right here, Ashton gent And it's one thing to draft Ashton Genky, it's another thing to have a plan for in the history of Pete Carroll and also Chip Kelly is they're going to learn how and show you how to use a running back. I mean, we know what Pete Carroll's history is with Reggie Bush at USC with Marshawn Lynch, at Seattle. But Chip Kelly when he was the head coach of Philadelphia Shade McCoy the rushing title his first year there in Philadelphia. So it's one thing to get the back, build the offense around the running back and Gino Smith, and then you had Jack Best a receiver. They got to replace the Bonte Adams from a year ago. And on defense they released Jack Jones and starting left corner. How about Darien Porter, a big, big, tall corner at Iowa State coming in and maybe having a chance to compete for that starting corner position. They might have found three starters right away for this Raiders team that's trying to close the gap with the Chargers in Denver.
Speaker 14: Everybody looking at the Kansas City Chiefs and chasing the Chiefs talking to people who around the league. Going into this draft, if there was one thing the Raiders needed, it was just playmakers. Didn't matter exactly the position, just get some playmakers. They did that with their top two picks. Let's talk about another team, Baldy, who'd you say improve these second most in this draft?
Speaker 13: Well, I mean the Voldema Ravens just know what they're doing, they really do. They had eleven picks, and right away they picked Malachi Starts. Many people had him as a number one safety in this business, and they got to replace some safeties that departed from a year ago. But you match Malachi Starts along with Kyle Hamilton, you could have the two most versatile safeties in the whole business.
Speaker 12: They're interchangeable and versatile.
Speaker 13: And I think in Zach Worr's defense in his second year where he really saw growth from his defense as the season went on, you could see Malachi in a variety of positions.
Speaker 12: And then they go and get Mike Green.
Speaker 13: Now, Mike Green slid all the way down to the fifty ninth selection, but many people had him at a mid first round pick, and just watching him at the Senior Bowl, he might have been as good as end rusher, maybe after Abdul Carter in this whole draft. And the Ravens get him the paramo with Chuck Smith, their past rush specialist coach, to go with what they'd got from Kyle van Noy to adape Oway some of the guys off the edge, he's going to fit in. And then look, I always said this about the Ravens. Tom liked Dave Place offensive lineman the way Walmart, you know, replaces things off them shelf, you know, and then draft to three more offensive linemen, including Emery Jones from LSU. You know, who is you know, a bona fide potential starter at both tackling guard to just start building that depth, or when they have injuries, when they lose guys in free agency like they have lost over the years, and they.
Speaker 12: Just get to get next guys up and ready to go.
Speaker 13: So the Ravens do what the Ravens usually do, stockpile offensive lineman, find starters right at the top of the draft.
Speaker 12: And that's what they did in this draft.
Speaker 1: Much like Walmart. If you are drafting Emery Jones, you are buying in bulk. Baldi, thank you very much. A lot more from you coming up in just a little bit. But first let's talk fantasy. It's never too early to look ahead to your draft. Who will be this year's Clyde Edwards z layer. Try not to be scarf about that. I just mean the running back was a rookie. He was gonna get over drafted.
Speaker 6: Is it scataboo?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: I let Florio's with answers? Next on the insiders, h.
Speaker 13: Hey Colson, Yes, sir, Hey, it's Ryan posting the Bears. How you doing, man, Hey, I'm doing great.
Speaker 6: How you doing good?
Speaker 3: Ready to be in Chicago Bear?
Speaker 2: Let's go, coach, come on, let's go.
Speaker 11: Let's go.
Speaker 12: Yeah it, Oh, we are gonna be great.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna do h hands with your coach Johnson.
Speaker 12: Now, okay, yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: Come on now, come on, now we're cooking with hot grease. Now, man, I'm telling.
Speaker 12: You, hey, thank you so much, coach. I appreciate Mark Closes. I mean, well, yeah, I know exactly what we're getting.
Speaker 13: Man, come on you excited?
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, I can't wait.
Speaker 12: I can't wait. Good Bear, good.
Speaker 8: Coleston Loveland, the newest Chicago Bear.
Speaker 7: And a guy that, uh Ben Johnson is going to draw some things up for Stacy Dall's. Hey, guy that a couple of teams were positioning to potentially trade up if he lasted a little bit longer. The Bears, no great need, said, let's add a piece, even though we have Cole Commet at the tight end position the second round. I remember talking to Bucky Brooks and Steve Weisch on Saturday on the air on NFL Draft kick Off. They were excited about Luther Burden as well being added in the second round, so two offensive pieces for Ben Johnson.
Speaker 8: As the remake on offense continues for the Bear stays.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, this.
Speaker 15: Luthor Burden pick is so interesting because we're all sitting there, We're thinking he's not going to take a wide receiver right sitting there at thirty nine, he's got forty one, which they ended up moving back, but they end up drafting this guy on your screen.
Speaker 16: And he was one of my favorites Mike and Company that I got to.
Speaker 15: Spend time with at the Combine and it's been fun to watch his evolution in his growth, Luthor Burden out of Missouri. He's really fascinating, and it's not just you know, some of the numbers that he's put up and what he can do after he catches the football, and that's really where they're expecting him to shine, not unlike Alman Ross Saint Brown when Ben Jonson and had him obviously in Detroit.
Speaker 16: But if you take a look at this full.
Speaker 15: Screen right here, it's a pretty good company, right old Jamar Chase, al Sean Jeffery had quite a time in the league. Mike Evans, Judy aj Brown, and there's Luther Burden right wide receivers out of the SEC with twelve hundred plus receiving yards.
Speaker 16: But here's what I really like.
Speaker 15: He is a guy that Bears fans could fall in love with because of where he comes from. As I learned in talking to him, he obviously comes from a pretty tough part of Saint Louis and he grew up in a family of ten. He was the second youngest of ten. All nine of his siblings were sisters, So I think that's interesting. But what's more interesting is it wasn't easy for him growing up. He is a very resilient young man. In fact, he told me, really, until about the fifth grade, he got one pair of shoes to wear for the entire school year, and after that he got two.
Speaker 16: He loved the retro Jordan's, but he would wear those shoes out. It's just a small.
Speaker 15: Share on a testimony to what he kind of went through as a kid and how resilient and how tough he is.
Speaker 16: And that's the kind of player the Bears are getting.
Speaker 8: You say nine sisters. Is that what you said? He had nine sisters?
Speaker 15: Nine sisters, Yes, pretty awesome and that will shape him in so many good ways as well.
Speaker 8: Yes he will lots of good ways, lots of good ways.
Speaker 7: That's what I was driving at sails as the only guy in this household right here. The rest of the NFC North, the Green Bay Packers, Matthew Goldwin in the first round, the Vikings right after that, Donavan Jackson, and then Tyler Williams for the Lions. Your impressions and what the rest of the a NFC North.
Speaker 15: Did in that draft, Yeah, let me rip through it real quick. Let's start with the reigning champs of the division. That's the Detroit Lions. And no splashiness here right, kind of stick typical fashion for Brad Holmes. They go get Tyler Williams out of Ohio State. He's going to plug up the middle with what should be eventually a healthy Allie McNeil and their defensive front.
Speaker 16: And then I just love Tate Ratledge to take him next. It's not just the mullet I love.
Speaker 15: I mean it's the best mullet to me entering the NFL amongst all these rookies. I don't know how many other guys have mullets, but he's just got that nasty streak. So I love that they add in the trenches. And then you go to Minnesota, right because they were on the tail of the Detroit Lions nearly beat him out for the divisional champs. But to add Donovan Jackson you just mentioned, they ain't playing around. He's going to jump right into their that left guard spot. Christian Darisow is going to be healthy, and we heard from JJ McCarthy today he doesn't build just like hundred percent. He's one hundred and ten percent. So I love that they added to their offensive line. Remember they only had five picks. And then lastly, Green Bay's most interesting. They broke protocol we'll say, drafting a wide receiver in Matthew Golden.
Speaker 16: You mentioned Gara follow in the first round for the first time since two thousand and two. But it wasn't just adding this speedy young man.
Speaker 15: Obviously, you see on your lower third Anthony Belton the tackle they taken the second round. But then you jump to Saveon Williams out of LSU, that wide receiver and beside him, and he is a monster physically.
Speaker 16: And so two receivers within the first.
Speaker 15: Three picks, that tells me Goodcoots kind of looked around and said This is a division full of premium, elite playmakers. We need more for Jordan Love. Saveingon Williams is interesting. How quickly can he develop because he's like six' Five mike and he can play. Everything you can line him up in the backfield if you want at running.
Speaker 16: Back it'll be.
Speaker 15: Really interesting to see How Jason, vrabel their wide receivers, coach develops these guys on the, perimeter six or five.
Speaker 12: Guy in the.
Speaker 7: BACKFIELD i like the sound of, That Stacey. DALE'S i like the sound of This Green Bay packers. Draft If I'm Jordan, love not so much If I'm Aaron, rodgers who for fifteen years is, like, dudes anytime you're, Ready Stacey dale's always happy.
Speaker 8: To have you here on the, inside is providing the inside of THE Nfc north and.
Speaker 7: Elsewhere ashton, Genty, yes you will be in the spotlight In Las, vegas my. Friend if you're being drafted sixth overall as a running, back there will be no warm up, period there will be no adjustment. Period you are expected to carry the football and get over a thousand yards if. Possible check out these. Graphics, WOW i WAS i just was enamored by the mug THAT i didn't even see what it. Was florio's fantastic first Year fantasy. Studs we'll start With ashton gen, genty a handsome. Devil were just got as MANY x as possible in there like. That, yeah cemographic. TEAM i mean that was even.
Speaker 3: Coming, oh like you talk about. It sixth overall pick to The. Raiders but get, this you might need to take him even earlier than that in fantasy drafts this.
Speaker 10: Year BECAUSE i did a draft this weekend with other fantasy analysts after THE nfl, draft.
Speaker 3: He went with the fifth overall pick as the rby.
Speaker 10: Two NOW i Like kamar as the rby four Behind saquanbijon And. Gibbs but if you want his elite tackle breaking, ability that big playability that he, brings all of the, volume.
Speaker 3: The two hundred and fifty three hundred, touches.
Speaker 10: Whatever it might be that he sees this year on A Pete carroll, offensive we know he's gonna run the. Ball you're gonna have to use a first round pick on, him but it will be worth. It he's gonna run all OVER nfl. Defenses but my knicks are The pistons.
Speaker 7: Tonight, Yes that's exactly WHAT i was thinking and not looking forward to the next, question which Was Omarion hampton and what we're expecting from him in year.
Speaker 10: One, look he is a, huge big body back WHO i think his best feature is that he could handle a workload from day, one like a workhorse.
Speaker 3: Workload but he's.
Speaker 10: Pairing With Najee, harris who that's his biggest strength as. Well hampton is is, Faster he's a bigger play, threat but both could be utilized as pass catchers out of the. Backfield and we know The chargers want to. Run they were in the top ten in rush percent last. SEASON i think early on we're gonna see the two running backs split, time But hampton has an opportunity as the year goes on to carve out more and more of a. Workload he is the one THAT i think will be better for fantasy of this. Duo but if you want, him it's looking like you're gonna have. To he was like a fourth round pick in fantasy drafts on. Him i'm not sure If i'm in that camp just.
Speaker 7: Yet it's big and a rookie running, Back Tyrone tracy did a phenomenal job for The giants last. Year now they go out and Draft Cam. Scataboo is this a vulture type? Guy what are you seeing For scataboo this?
Speaker 3: SEASON i think he's gonna be better than. That.
Speaker 10: LOOK i know he's A day three running, back but he's a fantasy winner because of where he ended up with The New York. Giants and like you, Said tracy was really good last, year but he's a converted wide receiver still learning the running back. POSITION i think we could see the two of them split. Time but if you're asking me today In, APRIL i Think skataboo could.
Speaker 3: Be the lead runner on this team because he is so physical on the.
Speaker 10: Ground he's, elusive he's a tackle, breaker but he is an elite pass catching weapon who could be utilized downfield as. Well and that is awesome for fantasy because we live in A ppr world and pass catching running back.
Speaker 3: Score a lot of. Points in that draft THAT i, did he went in the ninth.
Speaker 10: ROUND i think that is a value worth taking because there's a lot of upside. There he could be a top twenty four fantasy running back with The giants as long as he gets opportunities because he is so good as a pass.
Speaker 7: Catcher, yeah if you're, saying why did he go so? Late If florio sees him as a number one running, back there was not that elite top end speed.
Speaker 13: That they like to.
Speaker 8: See but there certainly is power.
Speaker 7: Balance everything you saw, there it certainly is going to translate to the next level For camskataboo and The New York.
Speaker 8: Giants michael le F flora were wiping him out of here with his fancy.
Speaker 7: Wipes probably not if you want to see all, this we, Are, yes we Are florio's fantastic first Year Fantasy.
Speaker 8: Studs you're a, Stud, Florio love you.
Speaker 7: Brother coming, up we are going to talk To baldi about who are his offensive and Defensive rookie of The year.
Speaker 8: Candidates maybe It's Travis. Hunter on both, sides what do.
Speaker 6: You, Think welcome back to the. Inside there is Cam ward saying he knows what it's like to be at the. Bottom he is certainly not at the bottom.
Speaker 5: Anymore he was all the way at the very top of the twenty twenty FIVE nfl, draft the number one overall. Pick and you know who was at the top with Cam ward Our Sarah. Walsh she was posted up with The Tennessee titans for the. Draft, sarah welcome.
Speaker 6: Home we probably.
Speaker 5: Didn't spend enough time talking about Cam ward over the. Weekend clearly they have enormous expectations for. HIM i Think Warren moon given him his number his jersey signifies just how much they have hope for Cam.
Speaker 16: Ward, yeah and that was what you just, referenced a really special.
Speaker 17: Moment And i've gotten to cover number one overall picks before and be embedded with the.
Speaker 16: Team he did not know That Warren moon was going to come out and hand him his.
Speaker 17: Jersey, now he had had conversations With Warren moon about potentially getting the number one, jersey but the fact That Warren moon showed up on that day to introduce him was just a really cool. Moment and now it's all about getting down to, work getting down to, business and that's something is looking forward. To one of the things That titans really like about this, guy aside from the obvious, talent is his. AWARENESS i Heard Brian callahan use that word several, times and he means it in different.
Speaker 16: Ways on the.
Speaker 17: Field he talked about his spatial, awareness knowing where he, is being able to process things quickly and then off the. Field this kid has a, presence a, maturity and when you talk about, AWARENESS i can give an example of just being there with.
Speaker 16: Him he comes, over he does an interview with.
Speaker 17: Me after the, interview he hung, around talked to all the guys behind the. Camera he was talking to. Photographers i'm told that when he walked through the building he introduced himself to the folks that were in the ticket office selling.
Speaker 16: TICKETS i, mean this.
Speaker 17: Is a kid that acts beyond his. Years he also talked to me about wanting to be an elite. Communicator so you're seeing him it give you examples of how communication is. IMPORTANT i know that he reached out to the draft picks that were to follow him on The titans immediately after they were taken by the.
Speaker 16: Team as for the day to day, business.
Speaker 17: Yesterday The titans held a press conference really to just wrap up the whole, draft And Mike, burgonzither a general, manager talked about the fact that now going into this, offseason leading into training, camp the reps are going to be split equally to begin, with because of course We'll levis on that roster in that quarterback. Room but then he, said once they get to training, camp that's where it's not going to be so equal and guys will start to separate. Themselves but they really believe that this guy can separate.
Speaker 6: Himself in this.
Speaker 16: League and he was incredibly impressive WHEN i got to meet. Him, judy.
Speaker 6: That's great to.
Speaker 5: Hear they obviously have quite a bit of work to do at The, titans though they filled a whole lot of other draft.
Speaker 6: Needs would they do with all those other? Picks, Yeah the biggest.
Speaker 17: Need clearly was at, quarterback and they took care of that first and, foremost and then they traded down in the second.
Speaker 16: Round they had a high pick. There they traded.
Speaker 17: Down they took an edge rusher and this was not a, Surprise Olowa Femi oladejo out OF. Ucla this was a significant need for this. TEAM a season, ago The titans had just thirty two. Sacks only two teams had. Less they Lost Harold, landry who was their sack leader The, patriots so they knew that they had to go and get some defensive players and the ideas that these guys are going to step in, immediately especially this, player and compete from the, beginning and then of, course all eyes were on how are you going to surround Kim ward with. Weapons in the free agency, period they did add offensive lineman to this team to bolster that.
Speaker 3: Line and then in the.
Speaker 17: Fourth round they used three picks all on offensive. Weapons they took a tight, end they took two wide. Receivers Brian callahan talked about those. Receivers, hey they needed to get speedy. There they Have Calvin ridley on the. Roster they just Signed Tyler, lockett a, veteran but now they have Jim RAY dk out Of. Florida he talked about the fact that he played Kim ward three times in college because he also played At wisconsin and then At, florida and how special it will be to finally get together and play alongside.
Speaker 16: Him and then the other wide out they took and.
Speaker 17: This is a special One elick iomanor his, mother this is the closet part of his. STORY a big, receiver big catch Radius. Judy his mother is a competitive arm. Wrestler he, said that's where he gets his competitive name sure. From he, Said she's made a lot of grown.
Speaker 16: Men not feel good about themselves from.
Speaker 6: Names.
Speaker 16: Pam so shout, Out, pam what a, cool what a cool. STORY i haven't covered that part of his story before.
Speaker 6: That is a great.
Speaker 5: STORY i look forward to hearing more about that by the time we get to training. Camp Sarah, walshit thank you very. Much get ready for the twenty twenty FIVE nfl season like never before with the highly ANTICIPATED nfl schedule, release every game, revealed every, rivalry every, rematch every rookie.
Speaker 6: Debut may, fourteenth mark your.
Speaker 5: Calendars get all the details AT nfl dot com Slash schedule. Release and now it is time for count On it presented By. Toro and you know we count on our Buddy Brian baldinger for all kinds of.
Speaker 6: Wisdom, baldi we.
Speaker 5: Are like you, know forty eight hours past the, DRAFT i want to hear who are your Offensive rookie of The year.
Speaker 13: Favorites, WELL i passed on Cam ward BECAUSE i have three other, Candidates, judy THAT i really think need to be featured.
Speaker 12: In one of them Is Ashton.
Speaker 13: Genty just because of the commitment that we know That Pete carroll and offensive Coordinator Chip kelly are going to. GET i got to believe That Ashton genty is going to get a minimum of three hundred touches between running the football and his exceptional ability to catch it in the screen, game in the checkdown.
Speaker 12: Game so you Give.
Speaker 13: Ashton genty three hundred plus, touches he's going to get you a whole lot of, yards a chance for that offensive rookie.
Speaker 12: Year the other GUY i have Is Ty.
Speaker 13: Warn Time warren somehow fell to The Indianapolis colts to number, Fourteen and if you think about this jury last, Year Alec pearce led The colts in receiving yards with thirty seven. Catches like you, Know Time warren might get that in the first month of the. Season he's going to get. Targeted he is an easy guy to. Find whoever the quarterback, Gets Anthony, Richardson Daniel, jones whoever it might. BE i got to believe That Ty warren is going to get tar so many times this year that he's going to be a. Candidate and, then, finally you can't Leave Travis hunter out of this. Conversation we don't yet know exactly How Liam kohen is going to use. Him we know That Brian Thomas junior was a great draft, pick the fourth receiver taken a year.
Speaker 12: Ago he's a he's got deep speed and ability to.
Speaker 13: Separate but so Does Travis hunter and his ability to adjust to the, ball like we're seeing these catches right. HERE i got to Believe Travis hunter is going to be in that conversation BECAUSE i believe he's going to wow us on a bunch Of sunday afternoons this.
Speaker 5: Year Well's Travis hunter also going to be in the conversation for Defensive rookie of The.
Speaker 11: Year what say, You Baldly, WELL i, mean, look let's look at the, defenses because you were there at you, know At MetLife there at the trading facility for The, giants and Out Dull carter walks through the door.
Speaker 13: And he's just you, know he's going to light that defense. Up and however they decide to, use whether it's off the, edge whether it's splits it in the, middle whether it's fine, quarterback he's going to get a chance to put up a lot of numbers and fill up the stat sheet like he did At Penn state for the last three.
Speaker 12: Years So i've got to.
Speaker 13: Believe that Al Dul carter is going to be in that running For Defensive player of The. Year and then my next choice Was Mikel, williams the eleventh pick in the. Draft The San francisco forty nine ers are looking to rebuild their defensive, line and you've Got Nick bosa on one. Side they Drafted Alfred collins in the middle to give you some. Push And Mikel, williams who was basically hurt all year last year with that high angle, Spring he's going to come in.
Speaker 12: Healthy he's an elite.
Speaker 13: Talent and If bosa's getting a lot of double, Teams Mikel williams has the ability to beat one on ones with tackles or slide protections or anything.
Speaker 12: Else So Mikel williams is in that.
Speaker 13: Conversation and THEN i want to talk About Jaday, baron the talented corner.
Speaker 12: Who could be their star, corner could play.
Speaker 13: Outside play opposite Of Patrick sirtan and Advance joseph's defense right.
Speaker 12: Here he could be that.
Speaker 13: Playmaker then if if you Know Patrick sirtan is locked up on a tight end or number one, Receiver baron's going to get that, opportunity whether it's inside or. Outside and his ball skills and what he demonstrated A. Texas we just Saw dever turn out the defensive player of the. Year why can't they turn out the Defensive rookie of The year and the skills That Jaday baron.
Speaker 6: Possesses that is going to be a very fun secondary to. Watch. Baldi thank you very.
Speaker 12: Much, then how you. Doing, hey we're about to put your card. In you're gonna be A.
Speaker 2: BUCK i appreciate, that, MAN i really do.
Speaker 6: Well we appreciate, you, man and we're looking forward to having you here And i'm going to turn you over.
Speaker 12: Coach then we're really fired.
Speaker 6: Up thank you for Believe, hey you got it, man you got?
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 9: Man how you.
Speaker 2: Doing i'm good, Man. Welcome i'm not gonna let you, Know.
Speaker 6: MACK i know you're.
Speaker 12: NOT i know you're.
Speaker 16: Not you'll be great.
Speaker 8: Here it would be great, here looking forward to.
Speaker 9: You thank you so.
Speaker 4: Much you got, it, Man calm, down relax and tell you THAT i said, High, OKAY i, WILL i.
Speaker 1: Will you got.
Speaker 8: It i'll see you later.
Speaker 16: On.
Speaker 1: Man i'm getting emotional watching that right. There Benjamin morrison getting the call from The. Bucks welcome back to the, Insiders Tom, Pella, Serio Judy, Batista Mike, garafolo And Brian.
Speaker 2: Baldinger, judy you got a story right.
Speaker 1: NOW nfl Dot com Slash batista after the draft looking at the remaining off season to do list for all thirty two, teams The bucks said Benjam, morrison they had A MECCA buca with their first round.
Speaker 2: Pick what's left In.
Speaker 5: Tampa, well they got to put that whole pass defense. Together their pass defense really struggled last.
Speaker 6: Season it was one of the worst in the. League they only had seven, interceptions which.
Speaker 5: Probably explains why the drafted two cornerbacks and two edge rushers in addition to two wide. Receivers but they really went after their pass. Defense they need to get that together in the off season because, look this team has dominated if you can say anybody dominates THE Nfc, south but it has been dominant in THE Nfc south Since Tom brady. Left they keep winning the. Division if that pass defense can get, better they should be able to keep pace with some of the OTHER nfc.
Speaker 13: Contenders and along the, Way judy adjacent, light the general, manager is becoming one of the better architects in this. Business and so you just addressed the, secondary which she needed, work and they have done. That BUT i, think AND i just want to say this BECAUSE i know, this like when you look at the offensive line Worse Bretison Barton Mark gett a. Key it's a very good starting. Five but they didn't add anybody in the. Draft they didn't add anybody via free. Agency so if there's work to be, DONE i feel like they could add some depth quality. Debt in case those players which basically stayed healthy all year last, YEAR i would say depth on the offense line still might be a little bit of an issue for The.
Speaker 7: Bucks all, Right, judy the off season checklist left for The, STEELERS i don't know what The steelers have left to.
Speaker 5: Do, Duty, yeah maybe figure out who is going to be the starting. Quarterback they, Did they did draft a, quarterback but they did not yet real in the quarterback that they want and that we all still expect to be the starting.
Speaker 6: Quarterback Aaron rodgers is still out.
Speaker 5: There The steelers still remain somewhat confident that he is going to be the. Quarterback, certainly you would think if they did not feel as confident that they would have gone quarterback earlier in the. Draft they did. Not they Took Will howard in the sixth. Round they went defense early because this is The Pittsburgh. Steelers of, course they did With Derek, harmon who will be mentored By Cam. Hayward that is a fantastic fit for, them but let's be, real he can't evaluate The Pittsburgh steelers. Offseason we have no idea what this team is going to look like until they get the quarterback situation.
Speaker 6: Settled.
Speaker 13: JUDY i Saw Mike tomlin down at The Senior bowl this year looking at this crop of defensive.
Speaker 12: Linemen and he knew who he was jeeling and they had to.
Speaker 13: Restock So Derek, Harmon Yahya black From, Ohiowa Jack sawyer From Ohio. State they got that group and then they added the running Back Caleb, johnson which they had to.
Speaker 12: Do but really in the draft will have.
Speaker 13: THEM i, mean the only thing really left to do is to Get Aaron rodgers in there and get him, working get, him you, know get him to KNOW Dj metcalf.
Speaker 12: And you know the receivers and who he's going to be thrown, to and getting to know the.
Speaker 13: GUYS i, mean as sooner the BETTER i would think that build some camaraderie and some confidence that he's going to be, there learn the, offense and then.
Speaker 2: Do it his.
Speaker 12: Way but that's that's really the remaining piece In pittsburgh right.
Speaker 1: Now when THE Nfl draft, ends and really in the late rounds of, it there's a man dash to add some of the top undrafted. Players that Includes Kobe, bryant the defensive back who is headed to The Atlanta, Falcons Shiloh, sanders you might have heard a little bit about his. Brother shiloh is headed To tampa to join The. Buccaneers also Had Donovan, edwards Former michigan football running, back headed to The. Jets there are literally hundreds more players getting their, opportunities and every year we see dozens of those guys who end up making rosters and sometimes as even those players The John randalls of the world who one day we'll put on a gold.
Speaker 2: Jacket welcome back to the.
Speaker 1: Insiders Tom, Pellicero Judy, Battista Mike, garafolo and our undrafted free Agent brian Baldi.
Speaker 6: Er take me.
Speaker 2: Back the year is.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty, Two, baldy you're coming out Of. Duke you don't hear your name called?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 13: Well back, Then Gil brandt was a general manager and they signed so many free ations that they didn't have enough scouts to sign, them so they sent everybody in the organization out to go Sign so the equipment manager.
Speaker 12: Knocked on my.
Speaker 13: Door, buck you, canon you, know with a five hundred dollars three year, contract five hundred dollars, bonus AND i use my negotiating.
Speaker 12: Skills you go from a.
Speaker 13: Five hundred dollars bonus With buck to a twelve hundred and fifty dollars signing bonus SO i could get my breaks to my.
Speaker 12: Board Fury.
Speaker 13: Wow BUT i would say, THIS i would say this To Kobe bryant And Silo, sanders like come and, shape getting the best, condition avoid, injury do your own, Treatment take every possible rep you, can no matter where you line, up and then learn.
Speaker 12: The playbook inside.
Speaker 13: Out and, like if you're a right guard LIKE i, was or left, guard go up against the best player that in that case In dolls it Was Randy.
Speaker 12: White go take every rep Against Randy, white get your.
Speaker 13: Butt whipped for a little, bit and then figure out a way to beat them and to stowe them and to stop them from getting to a. Quarterback and that will get people's. Attention and that's what you're trying to. Do you try to compete and get people's. Attention you get them to know your. Name you can do those kind of things you can make a name for yourself LIKE i did one, Day.
Speaker 2: JUDY.
Speaker 6: I just want to, know were you intimidated at all as an undrafted free? Agent?
Speaker 12: Uh, not really be honest With.
Speaker 13: JULIE i decided, that you, know IF i couldn't Beat Randy, white MAYBE i could fight, him you. Know and so we we we have a lot of you, know combat battles into every single drill and every. Day BUT i, figured like he's the, best he's the, Manster, like measure your process against that. Guy and that's WHAT i would suggest everybody to. Do just you, know don't get your butt, whipped and you do take it out of the fifty. Dollars this segment of loath was definitely worse more than.
Speaker 2: That see you. Tomorrow