Speaker 1: Guess who just got back today.
Speaker 2: The Brooklyn Boys that had been away. They both have so much to see, you know. Their name is a Brilliance Skir and the Boys of Frass.
Speaker 1: Episode to eighty. It's the Brooklyn Boys podcast. New for twenty twenty four, new and improved, larger size.
Speaker 3: What are we doing?
Speaker 1: We can't promise that cleaning ingredients, cannot promise that with extra borac.
Speaker 3: Now what do we have?
Speaker 1: Not even making any resolutions around here? New fresh scent, not packaging. Yeah, you know what, you pay more and it got smaller. Right, that's because that Wait a minute, that's what she said. Wait a minute, that's how life goes with everything. Oh, you were doing a shorter podcasting on you pay more for it, which, by the way, twenty percent more of free is still free.
Speaker 3: Still a free podcast, right, that's right.
Speaker 1: While other podcasts decided to go behind a Patreon wall or make you pay for play, we.
Speaker 3: Are still no.
Speaker 4: We gave you an extra release a week, so make sure you guys, if you haven't checked it out, please check out Slice Time, our companion podcast, which is talkbacks from you guys.
Speaker 1: And hopefully next the next time we do Slice Time, the actual talkbacks will not be eraised like the ones. Yeah, like the last ones were, but we're figuring that out in the background. So yeah, it is a new year, and quite honestly, I'm so happy for it because I had a really shitty end to twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: You know, I talked about this on the Big Show.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you realized, but we said on December fourteenth, last podcast, whenever that was, we were you know, we we were done for the year. And then we were actually Brodie and I were actually gonna come back in during the end of December and do another episode. We figured why don't we throw We were gonna we were gonna throw a bonus. That was the plan. That was the plan. That was the plan. But on the morning of December seventeenth, my mom passed away and got very emotional about it on the Big Show, talked about it with Elvis and everybody, and I'm just gonna like lay it out right here because I wanted because there are people that listen to this podcast that do not listen to Elvis Durant. So so my mom was lost her battle to leukemia. But it was a rare a rare form of leukemia, which was diagnosed back in June, and two percent of people that get leukemia each year get this specific one. It's called TPLL has to do with Tasa ells. I'm not going to get, you know, into into the weeds about it, but you know, when we when she found we found out she had it, that was the first thing we did. We we googled what is this, what's the prognosis, and what's the outlook, and unfortunately we could not find.
Speaker 3: That that positive article.
Speaker 1: Most people that get diagnosed with this, they're with you for like seven months to maybe a year and a.
Speaker 3: Half at best.
Speaker 1: There's no chemotherapy for it, but there are these immunotherapy drugs at which she went on and is shows short term hope, which you know eventually she she she got on this medication. So that's why along the summer and fall, even though we were upset and grieving in the background, there was a chance that that she might have pulled through because after after taking this this drug every week, she was able to get back into remission as most people do.
Speaker 3: Again, this is textbook. It goes on. All the articles say the same thing.
Speaker 1: And in that window there's a chance that you can get stem cell transplant and then go through that and then that's the path to a cure. It's the only path and it's the only option. So we were hopeful that stem cell was going to be the case.
Speaker 3: We were.
Speaker 1: My brother, my sister, and I were all matches for it, and we all we were all qualified, and of course each one of us were raising our hand to do it. It was scheduled for the end of October, and so in the end of September when my mom was in remission and was ready to go somewhere in the coming weeks. She didn't have three four or five months before it came back.
Speaker 3: It came back. The cancer came back after she was admitted to the.
Speaker 1: Hospital for pneumonia, and then she had and they found she had a relapse. Right then, now we were out of options because you can't have stem cell if you're in a relapse situation. There was a lot of a lot of grieving, a lot of a lot of crying, a lot of uh making preparations in the background. It was a lot well, we all knew, we all knew this was going to happen. So, you know, it's been three and a half weeks, so I'm a little better about talking about it, but I was a mess obviously, So so during that week, I disappeared from the morning show, needed some time, and then we went into.
Speaker 3: A two week break.
Speaker 1: So I basically we did what we had to do with There's still a lot of family business at home going on tomorrow. I'm going to see my dad anyway. But uh yeah, a lot of people were involved in two major hospitals, and the heads of those hospitals that are the best at what they do in the industry got involved with advice Hackensack Meridian Guy doctor doctor Gua g o Y. People come from around the world to see this guy and he has specialized in this TPLLL rare. Uh he was giving advice to my mom's doctor. Doctor Hey at NYU leng go Like this is how involved it was. So but we thought we tried. I I mean I was on the phone day and night. I was relentless, couldn't find an answer. There's no answer to this one. So so yeah, So my mom it was her birthday this past Wednesday. Uh, Mom, Roseanne Scary, I love you, and she's in heaven listening.
Speaker 3: She loves she loved the podcast. You know she loves you, Brody, she said, Brody and Scary. First, yes, you have that on tape.
Speaker 1: You listen to you listen, But you know I'm now and now going forward here, I'm really concerned about, you know, my dad, who has a very strong network of friends.
Speaker 3: By the way, he's always out.
Speaker 1: He's always been out to dinner and I was out to breakfast and he has not stopped that.
Speaker 3: I keep checking in on him.
Speaker 4: You know, I got the chance to go to Brooklyn to go to the wake for your family and see everybody and see you know, you sister and your brother and everybody, and I went to the funeral. H So both times I went to Brooklyn, I did stop at pizza places, in Chinese restaurants.
Speaker 3: I did make it a double shot, of course, you know priorities.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 4: But your dad, your dad is so you were at We're at the wake, and there were a lot of people that at Scary's father didn't know he knows me, of course, right, but uh, Scary brings over these two guys who own a sandwich shop or some kind of restaurant with food that Scary has brought food from them, and his father has had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the loserdo brothers the uh yeah, the Losertos, Mike and Frank.
Speaker 1: They did. They became very nice guys. They cased sausage and everything. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so he's bringing them over as I'm about to say hi to his father. And so Scary introduces these two guys to his father. And his father is grieving. He's not the best you know, frame of.
Speaker 1: Mind there, and he has been on his grill, so I need him his grill. So I had to have I had to meet This is the sausage you rave.
Speaker 4: About, dad, right, and and and so he sees me, he sees the guys, and he goes, oh, guys, thank you for coming. He says, your meat, It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: It was so good. What a pleasure to meet you guys. It's so nice for you to come.
Speaker 5: And uh.
Speaker 4: And then Scary goes and of course, you know, Brody, he goes, hey, Brody, see, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't bring meat. That's the kid to your.
Speaker 3: Father like you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, through all his great futless and I had a nice conversation with Dad later, but in that moment, he just wanted to go back and talk to the meat guys.
Speaker 3: So whatever took you, whatever, took his mind off.
Speaker 4: But it was such a scariest dad moment to be like he's like he cheered up right away and he oh the meat was so good.
Speaker 3: I grilled.
Speaker 4: He lit up, So I gotta be you know, I'm funny and all, but I don't bring him to meat.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so there you go. Well anyway, so so just you know, I don't want to go on about it, but this is what we do. We share our lives with you all.
Speaker 4: And you know what, I had to sit next to the Jersey kid at the funeral, So how about some.
Speaker 3: Sympathy for me. There's some sympathy there. Uh, and you know, the good news is scary. You know.
Speaker 4: The headstone, as we talked about on the podcast, we did we you had that, Maide, it's already but that was so that just so you know, and my mom told me it.
Speaker 1: She says, we didn't go get the heads toned for this. That wasn't why we did this. We we this was a family thing, and it's it's been on the it's been on the docket for like, you know, ten months now.
Speaker 3: They've been trying to go out there.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't it wasn't like they were planning her her funerals.
Speaker 3: All right, but but one other word on this is it's Christmas. We we went, and Brodie's a part of this.
Speaker 1: We went. My mom said, I want, no matter what, you guys better celebrate Christmas because this was toward toward the end, and she she's like, you need to. You have to celebrate Christmas for the kids. And I'm glad in retrospect, I'm glad we did. I mean, it wasn't a happy celebration, but we went through the motions. We did a Christmas Eve, we started the Feast of the Seven Fishes, a tradition that we lost twelve years ago with my dad's brother passing. We brought it back, me and my sister because we knew it would make my dad happy. We did that, and then we went to my brothers for Christmas Day. And he lives not far from me. Yeah, my brother lives not far from you. So I made a call. There was a lot of food. I think it was my dad who even suggested it. You know, when I said that that Brodie lives ten minutes away, goes, why don't you watch all the invite him over here? So I said, you know, what why not. I mean, he's not celebrating Christmas, dude, it's right, and hadn't done the Chinese food in the movie yet. So I was free to you. It was December twenty fifth, so I sent you a text and for the first time in my life it wasn't just family but friends. Yeah, so you you actually came by I did, and a lot of food.
Speaker 3: Everybody was, you know, very nice, very welcoming.
Speaker 4: I met your brother's neighbors who are from Kentucky, who made some kind of Kentucky smash cake.
Speaker 1: Pie, so high Tucky crack pie. I mean it was tasted like it was so much sugar. Oh my god, it was delicious.
Speaker 4: And that's when I had the conversation with your brother and I told him, if you didn't hear it on Slice time where I said that you and your brother's younger than you, I said that you said you grew up on Nicki Minaj in two thousand and nine. He laughed so hard, Yeah, because he knows you were in your thirties in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 1: By the way, her album is out today, Pink Freddy Too. And I grew up I grew up on Nicki it's nice to see her as a veteran.
Speaker 4: No, I'm kidding anyway, Well, i'll tell you it was nice seeing Scary as Uncle Skeary because all his nieces and nephews were there. Then Scary got not only did he get presents for all the kids, but he had it. He explained the presence before they opened them. He's like, Hey, this is the thing. You're gonna put it in. It's gonna put lights on the ceiling and you're gonna like it.
Speaker 3: I know you like this.
Speaker 4: And but so they didn't even give him a chance to open the gifts. He was explaining it to the kids, so they were like, he was worried they wouldn't like it. The gifts, I was very generous.
Speaker 1: The Astronaut, which shines a light into the ceiling, and a constellation. It's on Amazon. And then I got them classics like Lied Pride and Inside. But Scary doesn't have kids.
Speaker 4: So Scary got his nieces and nephews toys that make a lot of noise. That's how you know he doesn't have kids. No, consider them like Transformer cars that were like, uh, like loud light stuff that makes my sister want to choke.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 4: It's like when you have buy dog pets for somebody else's dog and they squeak.
Speaker 1: So uh and Brody got to see us opening the gifts, and I'll say to the side, I watched them all being uh, being Christmasy. All of a sudden, you know, my father had a bag and he was like, there were I didn't realize this, but there was a There were two presents and they were wrapped up and it was my mother's handwriting. I didn't don't know if you did you notice this, Brodie. My mom My mom shops in like October for Christmas, so she had already bought presents for us online wrapped them up. And so it's crazy because I saw, you know, to Anthony love mom and dad, and I'm like, and my father. I thought maybe my dad filled out the sticker or anything like that, because because you know, but said mom and dad.
Speaker 3: But no, no, that was my mom's handwriting. So she left us gifts on Christmas.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't.
Speaker 3: I cannot anyway, you can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, things are things are better now, but I want to just I want to bring this over to you, Brody. Yeah, and there is an extra long break by the way we get a long break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're keeping you from the commercials.
Speaker 4: First of all, a lot of you guys DMed me when Scary wasn't on the air, asking me if Scary was okay. And it's not my place to tell you his personal life until he's ready to talk about it. So to the people that I DM back and I said, he's fine, he's just doing a lot of work. I knew what was going on, but it's not my place to say. So please don't think that I lied or I was hiding anything. I'm sure you understand now that it's out in the open. But if you heard it on the air and you were like, wait a minute, Brodie told me that, you know, there was a reason for it. So Scary and I live very public. We had very public jobs, right, but our lives. Scary's life is very public. Talks about his girlfriend and his parents were on the air all the time.
Speaker 1: And I'm a little.
Speaker 4: Not as out there with my private life about what my kids are doing or you know how old they are, necessarily or you know, I don't talk about what my wife does for a living.
Speaker 3: I'm very private.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, I'm an only child, and so I have is Scary when his mom passed away, he had his brother and his sister to help him when.
Speaker 3: She was going through the chemo and going through all that stuff. And again being private.
Speaker 4: When things of major significance happened in my life, I sometimes don't share them with people I don't know, or in public, or go on the air with it.
Speaker 1: It's just not who I am.
Speaker 4: But I'm in the same situation as Scary in that it's been a couple of years now.
Speaker 3: A lot of you have asked about her.
Speaker 1: But I lost my mom a while ago now, and I didn't talk about it on the air because it As I mentioned, I'm an only child.
Speaker 4: I had a very, very very close relationship with my mom. My father was a police officer, he worked nights, and so my closest relative was always my mother. You know, I get my sense of humor from her. You've heard her on this podcast. A lot of you have asked, you know, when she's coming back on. There was a period of time when she wasn't able to come on physically. She went through the same battle as Scaries mom. Hers lasted a couple of years. But yeah, look, this is a fun comedy podcast, and I hope you will always find humor in what we do. We owe a lot of it to our moms, and so I'm sorry I wasn't forthcoming about it. A lot of you have said, oh, I'm happy holidays to you and hope your mom's doing well, and I said thank you. I never really addressed it. It was difficult for me. And I'll tell you what what also made it difficult? What's that I don't I don't like talking about it. This this is incredibly painful for me. Even though it's been a couple of years now, I can't handle and listen slices. You guys are the best. You're thoughtful and considerate and compassionate, and you care about us even though we do a silly podcast. And I didn't want to announce it and have you guys, you know, write me dms because you know me. I write back every DM and every tweet and I and I and I want I I thought about it a thousand times over the years. If I say, don't DM me, you're gonna say, hey, Brodie, I know you told me that DM you, but I'm gonn M me. Anyways, I really wanted to your mom was great. I know my mom was great, and I know you guys thought she was funny and you liked having her on. I can't mentally handle. I wouldn't have even brought it up except it happened to Scary and I thought this was an opportunity to bring it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can't handle the constant reminder of writing back to you guys, or having you guys tell me all that one time she said this, maybe someday I will. I know you guys at the time thought she was hilarious and you laughed at the things she said, and you you quoted some of the things, and her voice was in a promo on Z one hundred. Uh you know that she knew what WTF meant for like a year And you know I let it go on the radio, even though it was hurtful to hear. It just set me. Uh So, whatever you're thinking about for me and Scary, thank you. I know your heart is in the right place and I know you're thinking he doesn't mean me yep, I mean you guys.
Speaker 3: I can't handle the DMS. I know you you.
Speaker 1: Care about us.
Speaker 4: I I just I don't want to have to write back and I would so just I know, I know that you you care about us, and I just thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys sooner. It's just too painful for me.
Speaker 4: Some people it's a week later and they're like, Yeah, she lived a good life and she's with her family.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 4: That's not who I am. I miss her every day. Every night, I pretend I'm gonna I think of, oh, this is funny, I'm gonna call her, or oh, we should have her on the podcast because she have an opinion on this and and doesn't get for me.
Speaker 3: It doesn't get easier. So and by the way, that is difficult.
Speaker 1: Part of my mind situation is is, you know, every time I would see something funny online like a or like recipe or or some one of her favorite chefs cooked something, I always would DM it to her and I start that process now and I'm like, oh, I can't do that anymore, or I rant that you guys have heard. I probably called her and ranted first yes, right, yeah, And I would call my mom after the like, my mom, the new episode is up, and you know, or I have some fun news for you can't Yeah, it's weird, not doing that.
Speaker 3: She's always my first phone call. So and you guys relate.
Speaker 1: Look, a lot of you have lost your parents or one of your parents, a lot of you, you know, Listen, we all love our moms.
Speaker 4: Moms have a special place and it is what it is. And yep, scary as an old man. Now he's turning fifty. Hey hey, why Okay, you've said it. You said it, but listen, as you get older, this is what happens. So, uh, you know, I'm not going to get preachy with you know, tell her somebody along just right, you know. But we just wanted to share our experience and and uh, I hope you understand why it took me all this time. And I hope you understand the d MS I sent out about you know, and I just uh, you know, that's it.
Speaker 3: We want to update you because we this is what we do here.
Speaker 1: And I've got Scamboni's and uh we stuff, grammar police, I've got I've got a listener who hates me, and a guy who sells vacuums who cursed me out.
Speaker 4: We've got plenty of good stuff coming up. And we appreciate you sitting through this part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, and and and we're gonna play in the next segment.
Speaker 3: Actually, I just thought about it. Maybe we should leave that to the end.
Speaker 1: But the last thing, at some point in the episode, I would I would would say the last Brody mom scary mom bit, uh, and you can smile along with them and and and all that. So that'll be the last segment of this podcast. We're gonna leave it right at that point.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: One thing I did want to say, uh, Brody, was first of all, thank you you called again. Here we go behind the scenes. Brody called me and texted me probably as much, if not more than a lot of people in my life a lot to make sure I was good hanging in there. And it was just to just talk on the phone and just just.
Speaker 3: Shoot the crap back and forth.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It was very helpful, especially in those first couple of you know, that first week or so.
Speaker 3: So I want to say thank you, David Brody for that.
Speaker 1: You're very welcome. I earned my food at Christmas. You did, you certainly did. All right, we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: What's that saying. Where there's tragedy, there's.
Speaker 1: Humor is from tragedy comes comedy from travigy. From tragedy comes comedy inadvertently. Yeah, so let's take it again. This is not going to go down a dark road here. We did that earlier. Yeah. So my father and I arrived at the wake and we're first, and we're early, and it's just the two of us, and I was very nervous. You know, if you've ever been into a funeral parlor or a wake, there's a door these doors, there's a hallway and then and then when you open up the door, then there's at the room with all the flowers and the casket and everything like that. So as we approached the door, I knew this was going to be a really sad moment.
Speaker 3: How'd you know that? Scary? Well feel I was.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what to expect because I, first of all, I had my father was going to see her for the first time. And we we're town old Catholics, so we do open casket.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't get that, man, I don't get it. We do it. It's what we do. And a kind at my distance, it's tradition. Don't you have that in Jewish?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 4: It's one thing when it's an older person. But about ten years ago my friend, Vinnie, passed away. He had a heart attack. Well, stopped at a red light.
Speaker 1: I thought we weren't going down a dark road now. Well lestend it happened.
Speaker 3: Vinne's gone a long time. Vinnie's was a great guy.
Speaker 4: But when I went to the funeral, his mom, you know, I knew the family for twenty years. His mom was like, oh, David, I'm so glad you came here as an old Italian woman. And she goes, please he got come see Vinnie.
Speaker 3: It means so much, didn't that you were here. I'm like, no, I don't want to. Wow.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, I'm good. She's like, no, you have to come over, and it's and she got a religious remain.
Speaker 3: So I had to go.
Speaker 1: When you see a peer like some of your age, that's weird, that's not you know.
Speaker 3: You're lucky she didn't ask you to kiss it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like to kiss the go kiss him, kiss him like like, oh, I'm not touching that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, sorry about that.
Speaker 1: Well, So so I opened we opened up the doors and we were smacked in the face by a larger than life had to be about ten feet tall at least flower board wall of wall that said with the iHeart Radio logo in you got uh with the iHeart Ladi Ryhart radio logo on it. You know what it looks like, the red heart with the black and the logo. The actual logo it says, I heart the Scary Family, iHeart radio this or I heart the Scary fa It said, iHeart radio family.
Speaker 3: Yes right.
Speaker 1: It didn't have your name on It was the Scary family, it said it. It was small and it was iHeart the Scary Family, right, and it was all in flowers, by the way, all the lettering and everything like that, the heart and everything. Okay, so that's a problem. It happened to have been the talk of the entire wake. It kind of stole the show and it was very nice and so thank you to the iHeart Radio sales team, you know me and sales were so tight. They they all chipped those and deals they all chipped in. I just got the names of all the people. I'm not gonna read them who sent that that wall of flowers.
Speaker 5: But.
Speaker 1: It was something of I mean, brody, you feel free. I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you a story that involves my mom. So when I was in like second grade, I had to draw a map of the neighborhood, like like streets.
Speaker 3: With numbers and lines.
Speaker 4: And and and and where this where this where the trains were. And I had to make a map of like you know, street lines, and I did like three blocks from left to right.
Speaker 1: And my mother saw it. She went, that's terrible. You can't hand that in.
Speaker 4: And she took a ruler and she finished the entire rest of the map and and I handed it in and and the report was, you did a really good job, but it looks like at the end you got tired and you stopped caring. But that was the part I did, right, They thought, I like, I did a really good job, and then I just like tailed off and got scribbly lines. Right, That's what looks like happened to the iHeart family because the word family started off level and then each letter progressively dipped like.
Speaker 3: Someone got tired and it like and it dropped off.
Speaker 1: That said, though, was that a bit of a spectacle because I had the Jersey Kid and the whole morning show saying, oh my god, we go take a picture under the step and repeat of the meaning Like it was like like one of those advertisements. It was huge by the way we saw it, we burst out laughing.
Speaker 3: That's my point.
Speaker 1: I needed that laugh in that moment to offset what was about to come.
Speaker 4: I was going to take a picture of it, but you know, you can't really take a picture at a wake. Yeah, So, I, not being Catholic, wanted to make sure I did everything right, make sure I wore the right thing, make sure I brought the right thing. So I went and I got I think I got Lili's I think whatever. I think, I got lilies. Whatever the white flower was that I forget. Now, that's one of the things you're supposed to bring to a Catholic wake. So I get a bouquet that morning, and I go in and the first thing I see when I walk in the left door is, you know, those easels of flowers, normal size easels.
Speaker 5: I want.
Speaker 4: You know, I really can't afford an easel on my own, but I brought the flowers the bouquet.
Speaker 3: I'm sure to look nice, that's fine.
Speaker 1: And I looked to my right and there's this godzilla looking iHeart radio wall of flowers it is, And I just felt like Charlie Brown with his little Christmas tree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, And I was the sales team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my oh, I got a bouquet lilies and they set the wall. So it was very kind of them. I'm glad that they had the department had the money to do that. But it was the easels. But a normal easel is watch four and a half feet high something like that. Yeah, yeah, this is this thing monster three to four times to pall and wide. Yeah, I guess they said, give us the biggest you have. But you know, and you know where it came from, Birdie Staten Island, because someone, of course, quote knew a guy, someone got a guy.
Speaker 3: Did those did those flowers fall off a truck?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Pretty much?
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, So anyway that it was very nice, being very thoughtful.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was definitely uh out there. It was huge and right amongst all the flower of the floral arrangements. A lot of people sent a lot of cards and flowers. So uh yeah, but you know what, my mom would have wanted it that way.
Speaker 3: My mom loved I heard she she would wear the shirts.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was perfect for it.
Speaker 4: And we'll say I got there about ten minutes into the way fifteen minutes and I stayed till the end. But there's a lot of people who will come in. I'm gonna mention names. I don't even know who some of them were.
Speaker 1: They'll come in, they'll walk around, they see if anything know anybody, they'll make sure they get seen by the people whose family it is right, and then they do like a and ay leave, Oh.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with that, zimpthy do. So this is different.
Speaker 1: I know in your culture you sit shiver and you come over, you break the bread and you hang out. And no Jews take a half hour to say goodbye at least no. These people were like but they were like walking like backwards out to make sure nobody saw them leave. Well well because they were embarrassed. But but it's totally fine. It's you come in, you pay your respects, you take a look at what's happening, You hug your kiss, and then you know, you know, ten minutes is okay. If you don't know anybody, five ten minutes, it's fine. No, no, but that's it's it's it's okay, it's it's it's actually kind of common.
Speaker 3: It's common.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you different for forty five minutes to get there. Figured out what time. Hellen b Spamoni gardens closed. It's like the pizza and I stayed as late as I could I go get pizza exactly.
Speaker 1: And all my friends from Hoboken, we're like, uh, where.
Speaker 3: Can we eat around here?
Speaker 1: You're gonna send us to Brooklyn roots, you know, like everyone's like, while we're in Brooklyn, we're gonna go blank because we're here. Yeah, you could. Oh and with the Dyker lights was nearby, you know, the famous Laquer lights was two blocks away.
Speaker 4: So how could you know heights? Yeah, dyk e Arts, not Dykes, it's Dker Heights. It's like tenth Avenue to fourteenth Avenue and then like twenty like sixty fifth to seventy fifth, some like eighty fifth, and people put. They have little small houses, some of them. Some of them they've knocked down two houses, built up three a giant one, and they have more lights than the Empire State Building. And there's like tour buses and ice cream trucks and police. Uh anyway, so uh at the day of the wake, my last story about the wake, the wake let ended till like nine to fifteen, and I didn't realize what time it was.
Speaker 3: The Chinese restaurant. I wanted to go who closed it?
Speaker 1: Nine?
Speaker 4: Of course, when I walked outside, I looked at my watch. You went no, because the tragedy was mine. Really, you know, scary was there for a week, but the Chinese restaurant closed.
Speaker 3: Really the tragedy of the night.
Speaker 4: So I ended up getting pizza that night in Chinese food the next day after the Fu.
Speaker 1: Was not offended, and I was not offended by the way for people who were like, while I'm here, I want to go see this. I want to go that a tribute to you and your family that think about food.
Speaker 3: Yes, while we're there. Absolutely the Boys podcast.
Speaker 8: We will be right back.
Speaker 3: We're flying through here today.
Speaker 1: I got other pizza stories for today at some point, come when you want pizza stories. Hey, when is the last day for a holiday for a holiday party? I know somebody going to a holiday party tonight, a company holiday party. I think it should be off limits. No, thank you, see you later. After like the second of January, I think maybe it's okay. Between the December twenty sixth and December thirty first and that week off with is that that black hole where nobody knows what's going on or what day it is, that's okay to have a holiday party.
Speaker 3: But I but here we are brody.
Speaker 1: We're two weeks in and now someone who doesn't want to be named because she's she's going to her husband's holiday party, is upset that she's got to go to a holiday party because you're not really in the holiday mood at this point.
Speaker 3: You just get together for drinks when you know how the real estate industry is. It's weird that way.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, why do you think it's someone from the real estate industry? Him know, I just, I'm just it's not okay, okay, all right, right, But isn't it like isn't it shouldn't It's not the holidays anymore.
Speaker 4: If a company is trying to save money and a company fires one less person, so that because they saved money and they want to celebrate, that's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: We worked for iHeartRadio and for many years they gave us fantastic holiday parties. But there was one of two years, maybe when it was Clear Channel before it was iHeart, where the parties weren't great. They were tight, things were tough. There was a couple of years. Yeah, So any any year you can get a holiday party. I don't care what it is. I know what you're saying, like, it's not really holiday party, but if you're celebrating still having a job after January, first celebrate baby.
Speaker 1: That's right, those lean years that your macaroni with butter is served, that was served. Yeah, my favorite was that was in a basement we were at It was like we were rock bottom at that point, and you know it was appropriate that we went downstairs to a basement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you remember what everybody remembers. I remember the one thing talk about that.
Speaker 4: Uh well, we won't mention names, but no, but this was like fifteen years ago and this person is not with the company any longer. Yes, but we went to this Christmas party and they told us, listen, it's it's been a rough year. And I left thinking about it because we had we had like a party at Windows on the World, which was the top of the one of the world Trade towers, the Brooklyn what was it, what's the Brooklyn Heights one the Brooklyn on the water of the Brooklyn River cafe. Really and then this one year they said, listen, don't expect the usual a lean year.
Speaker 3: We want to take you guys, you know whatever. So we went and listen. It was fine. He can't complain.
Speaker 4: But it was like chafing dishes and chicken fingers and fries, which is fine. Listen, I'd like to go to theme restaurants. I'm a simple guy, I'm a bougie. But for a holiday party of a major world company, and we had just gone from the top of the rock to the bottom of a basement, and then right this happens.
Speaker 1: They said, oh, you know what, everybody ding ding ding ding ding on the glasses.
Speaker 3: We want to just take a moment here, make a toast.
Speaker 1: Come here, come out persons to two thousand and two. And they pulled out a chair and they made this person stand up on the chair and they said, congratulations to this person who just signed a new deal, a new contract. We gave them a huge and a bonus Bubba's salary and title, and congratulations on a fantastic year.
Speaker 4: And so the first thought everyone was like, well, how fantastic of a year could have been?
Speaker 3: We're eating chicken fingers?
Speaker 1: And second of all, are we eating chicken fingers because they're given this person raise like which came first. It was the most awkward.
Speaker 4: Moment of any holiday party I've ever been out where they tell you things that bad eat the chicken fingers, awful, this budget cuts and people have just gotten fired.
Speaker 1: People had gotten fired like two weeks earlier, and they're like, let's give it up for this person who.
Speaker 3: Got And the mood in the room was all like yeah, like how dare you?
Speaker 1: Like nobody was happy for this person deserved the person. They deserved what they got, but it was just the wrong time.
Speaker 3: You don't do that.
Speaker 1: Read the rueful, like January tenth in a conference room, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Read the room.
Speaker 1: Read the room.
Speaker 4: Scara, have some audio feel I'm gonna play two songs. The second one it's all on one very long YouTube clips. I'm gonna play the first one, Okay, okay, it's a It's a song called war Pigs by Black Sabbath. I'm gonna play it. I want you to tell me who don't tell me who's singing. I want you to think about who you think is singing. Then don't play the second song. I'll give you a chance to guess who it is.
Speaker 9: Okay, Okay, hold on, wait for it.
Speaker 1: It's alive.
Speaker 3: Here comes just.
Speaker 1: Like it's just that a lot of destructure.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I'm gonna play I'm gonna play the second song and you tell.
Speaker 1: Me, by the way, originally that's uh, that's black Saba Azy Osbourne right singing that that would be as Osbourne.
Speaker 3: Black Sab Yeah, obviously not not Oz.
Speaker 1: Same guy journey right. Okay, it sounds well, I'll tell you what it's. I mean, obviously it's an R and B artist or a hip hop artist because they got that soul voice.
Speaker 3: But okay, who is it?
Speaker 1: Slices?
Speaker 4: I want you to I want you to think about who that is, and I want you to leave his talkbacks who you thought it was before we tell you who it is. I feel like we should wait a break to get people a chance to leave talkbacks. But I'm gonna let you guess scary so right now, I want you to who is that guy saying scary is right? Is an army singer, which is music code for black guy. He is a black gentleman. You know him more for hip hop and R and B. Who is that guy?
Speaker 3: I mean it it sounds like Jason Derulo.
Speaker 4: Okay, Jason Derula is your one guest.
Speaker 1: It's not Jason Derulo. I'll give a couple of guesses. Hit that microphone button on your iHeartRadio app. Then take a guess. Is it, uh, Michael McDonald he's white? Any Deoby Brothers? Michael McDonald is white. You didn't know Michael McDonald was white. From The Doobie Brothers. It's not Doobie and the Brothers. It's the Doobie Brothers, but.
Speaker 3: It has brothers in the title. Yes, Doobie Brothers.
Speaker 1: You thought they were black. Wait, Michael McDonald is black.
Speaker 3: No, he is not.
Speaker 4: The whole band? Is this one guy who's black and the Doobie Brothers. But don't you remember the Good Times episode.
Speaker 1: When they go, oh, it's Dooby and the brother You're crazy, Michael, McMichael McDonald.
Speaker 4: Neither of those names sounds urban. Michael McDonald is white with a beard. You thought your whole life he was black.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's white. He was in Steely Dan too. No, Steely Dan is Steely Dan. I don't Michael McDonald's so Hold on a second. Michael McDonald's songs. Hold on, he did a duet, he did a famous duet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, does it make him black? No, he's he's black.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Michael, this is your mess. Oh my god, you're right. Is there another Michael McDonald. No, there's got to be a second Mike. And I'm sure there's a black Michael McDonald, but this is not him. Hold on the second No, no, now you got me. And he did join Steely Dan at one point, but hold on, Patty LaBelle and Michael McDonald, Ye, my, yep, gonna go pull up the video while we're here, Won and Dion Warwick sang with him. Yes, white people sing with black people all the time. Scary. No, but he's white and he's he's the Doobie Brothers guy. He's the piano player. And yeah, oh my god, mind blown. I was today years old when I realized this what I down this out?
Speaker 3: I thought, Michael mcda, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: And he was the Doobie Brothers from seventy five to eighty two seventeen, and he was with Steely Dan only for a year.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, then all right, well anyway.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Your whole life, you never looked him up, you never saw a video. You never saw it because remember the Good Times.
Speaker 3: Episode when the Doobie when when rerun.
Speaker 4: Brings the cassette deck under his jacket to bootleg the concert. Because back then you couldn't record them.
Speaker 1: This is These are in the years before the internet, so I mean his music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's around for fifty years. You never saw him on an award show.
Speaker 1: No, no, holy crap, slices, Who did you get wrong on their race? Oh my god? All right, well anyway, I give you one more person.
Speaker 10: Ook, keep forget. We're not even loving in mold. Look, keep forget that guy jaw sweet for item sign light on me? Yeah, and what a fool believe? Yeah, get out?
Speaker 1: You came from somewhere by you mind blown? All right? Well, are we gonna give the answer now because we got to take another b want the answer now?
Speaker 3: Yes, we want to go to break. We gotta take another. Well, you gotta give the answer now, and then we take a break.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't want me to tease the break? Give people a chance to Okay, okay, okay, okay, we come back. I'll tell you who that was if you haven't already brought past? All right, scare you ready? Yeah? T Pain, T Pain, Yep. You know why I didn't know it's in because autotoo there was no autotune on him.
Speaker 4: Well, apparently te Pain can sing without auto tune really well.
Speaker 1: Get out yep wow t pain.
Speaker 3: Wow nice.
Speaker 1: So you can look that up. It's tea pain on top of the covers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which I may be a British show, but it's a half hour video. He does all cover songs, and those were two I thought were exceptionally different.
Speaker 3: Amazing. So now you said you wanted to bring something up, Well.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you about the vacuum guy first, because I did mention the vacuum he sucks.
Speaker 3: He does suck. So now that we're talking about it.
Speaker 1: I inherited a lot of old things from my mom, so when I cleaned out the house, I took a lot of it here to my house. And you know, my mom was older than me, obviously, and so things that were.
Speaker 3: Old to her are really old to me.
Speaker 4: So I've got this old vacuum cleaner that looks like it's from the sixties. I mean, it's cool looking, it's it's stylish. It's not like vacuum clean is today. So I'm like, I have no idea what it's worth. So I googled it this because I was going to sell it on Facebook or on eBay or something. I thought maybe because it works and I found this guy on Facebook marketplace that also sells old vacuums from this company. Right, oh, right, guy named Larry. He lives in Staten Island. So I message him. I go, hey, Larry, Uh, pardon me for the message out of nowhere, but uh, I have this vacuum cleaner, and uh, I know you sell similar ones. Can you do me a favor if I send you pictures? Would you just give me some idea of what what they sell for on you know what I can get for it.
Speaker 3: I'd really appreciate it. Thank you, have a nice day.
Speaker 1: This is two or three days before Christmas. He writes me back and he says, yeah, you have two choices. You can shove it up your ass or throw it in the garbage.
Speaker 3: You don't bother me. And he got me why though.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what was Do you guys haggle for a little bit?
Speaker 4: Was there something in a whole conversation? Hey, I wasn't trying to sell him a vacuum. I said, Hey, I have a vacuum like the ones you're selling.
Speaker 1: Can I if I could, if you don't mind, can you tell tell me if there's a market for them.
Speaker 3: What should I say? You have a choice. You can shove it up your ass and throat in the garbage.
Speaker 1: What an asshole? Yeah, so fuck you, Larry. But it doesn't surprise me. Staten Island. I can't believe it. Why belligerent? Why why take that road for no reason? It's not like you got into a fight with the guy. It's not like you here was a miscommunication. Nope, it's terrible.
Speaker 3: Nope. But you know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's Staten Island. It's Staten Island, just for no other reason. It's Staten Island.
Speaker 3: Other reason yep, stan uh Oh, there's the music. It's scamboni time. I got a scamboni here? Who Who was ripping off?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Because it's usually it's usually them against us. You're not ripping anybody off, are you. No, I'm protecting people. It's a That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's a. It's a.
Speaker 4: It's a customer service. I'm giving you a public service, is what I'm doing. Okay, I'm providing a service for you guys.
Speaker 3: Public service.
Speaker 1: Scary.
Speaker 3: Where do you get your oil changed? You go to the dealer.
Speaker 1: I'm the fu Fu boogie guy that goes to the dealership. But if I'm not under warranty, it's all about Manny, Moe and jack They got me covered, Manimo and Jackson. There you go, the Pep boys. Yeah, so I'll tell you where I go. I don't mind calling them out because the people who work there fantastic. There's a Valveline speedy oil change place not that far from where I live. Not that close but not that far.
Speaker 4: And it's the kind of place you can drive in and they work on your car underground, so you don't have to get to your car. You just pull in and at ground level and this guy's in a pit and they work on your car. I may have talked about it before because usually they try to sell you an air filter or something, but that's not the case. So you know, I drive a Dodge charger and you can put in any oil you want. I know your car you need. What are you synthetic in yours?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know, I is ninety three. I use regular scary yeah oil.
Speaker 4: Michael McDonald is white and oil is what's synthetic?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's synthetic oil? Correct?
Speaker 4: Okay, So regular oil, your basic motoroil depending on your car, and if you drive in the city of the country. You don't have to uh call me or tweet me about this. I'm gonna I'm gonna be approximate. They recommend it all changes three thousand miles, right, could be thirty five hundred, but right around three thousand and thirty five hundred, depending.
Speaker 3: On your car. That's why I love my synthetic. It goes all year.
Speaker 5: Baby.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, again, I can't. That's it's not based on time.
Speaker 4: It's based on mileage, okay, and and and the temperatures and everything else. Okay, if you if you use half synthetic, that gives you in the middle somewhere, not on five thousand miles before you know. Okay, again, it's all approximate. And if you do full synthetic, it's around seven thousand miles.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, when you go.
Speaker 4: For your motor oil, you get a sticker, right, they put a sticker on your windshield. It tells you how many miles approximately until you need your next all change.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A little friendly reminder.
Speaker 4: The little plastic cling they stick in the top it's always crooked. You have to peel it off and stick it in the top corner in the very so it doesn't block your window.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: So I go in and I get my old change. I get half synthetic. Costs me like seventy bucks. Whatever it was, because my car takes seven quarts of oil. By the way, little tip for you. Yeah, if you buy the oil from them, it's like eight dollars a quart. You buy the oil in the store, it's like three four five dollars a quart. Oh, so I brought my own oil. That makes a lot of sense. So you get five for the groupon, you get five quartz oil. I had to buy two more quarts. I happen to have two quarts in my garage, so I brought it. They put it in for me, so I saved some money. Anyway, very nice guys.
Speaker 1: On on your way. Here you go, sir, I have a great night. I pull out.
Speaker 4: I look at my new handy dandy sticker and it says mileage doing three thousand miles. So I go, that's not good, because you know what I got at least five thousand dollars five thousand miles in the car. I don't want to like write over their sticker. Let me get a sticker that says five thousand miles. So I go back. I drive, turn around and go back, and I pull out by the eggs. I pull up by the exit. They come out, They go, hey, So, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Is anything right?
Speaker 4: I said, yeah. You gave me a sticker that says I'm due for all Change in three thousand miles. But I got synthetic blend and it was printed by the way. It wasn't like handwritten. It was like typed out on a computer and printed out the label. I said, you guys must have put in the wrong oil because you're telling me to come back in three thousand miles from all change. But I paid extra for synthetics, so I won't be back for five thousand miles. Can I get a new label? No, it automatically prints out three thousand, I said, what if I get full synthetic still three thousand? Well, why would it tell me to come back in three thousand miles if I don't have to come back for five thousand or seven thousand miles. That's just the system. It automatically prints three thousand. I said, are you saying to me that your company puts three thousand on the label so people don't pay attention and regardless of what oil they buy. When they look up a month from now or two months from now, they're going to think they do phenol change.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, pretty much. Wow, that's a scamboni right there. That's a scamboni.
Speaker 4: So you're putting in your seven thousand mile oil right right, But you know, three months later you're like, I wonder if it did an all change.
Speaker 1: You look up and you're like, oh, I'm oh my god, I'm overdue.
Speaker 3: Or so some people were over to you.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, you only drove three thousand miles, So that's a scamboni. Oh wait a second, brody, why did you even go back?
Speaker 1: Why don't you just ignore the label and just come back in five thousand mile because the point of the label is to remind you when to go back. So I didn't want to forget this happened, and I didn't want to forget what I need more old.
Speaker 3: Change and you write it down on your phone.
Speaker 1: I like the sticker.
Speaker 4: While I'm driving and thinking about it, I look up, I go, you know what I should go?
Speaker 1: Right now? While I'm in the car, I'll go get an own change. I love how you doubled back. You went all the way back there just so they to get a new sticker. No, I didn't go all the way. I pulled over immediately.
Speaker 4: After I pulled out to check my phone to see if my fantasy football team was doing all right. Oh, it was a game day Monday or a Thursday, and there was a game going on, So I didn't drive very far.
Speaker 1: A lot of time on your hands, David Brody. But okay, that's what happens here. We got a job.
Speaker 4: You know, now that we're in twenty twenty four, I realized for the first time since I'm fifteen years old, I for you know, I didn't work an entire calendar year.
Speaker 1: How did it feel, by the way, because now you're going on a year and a half, m how does it feel? Not as good as it did at the beginning?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah? Well at the beginning, I was like I'm sleeping late.
Speaker 3: This is great.
Speaker 4: Now it's like I kind of ready to go back to work. Have some co workers get out of the house. Yeah, all right, make some money. Ah, well listen cash, Yeah, no, I got you. Oh you know what what's.
Speaker 3: That day, Brody?
Speaker 1: Did you hear McDonald's coming out with the game bringing back Yeah, they're bringing back the double Big Mac. So this is this is this is how you want it. You didn't want to live too long? This is what I heard on back to back on the news this morning, I heard two stories. The first one was McDonald's coming out with a double Big Mac. They're bringing back four all beef patty special sauce lettered cheese pills four okay. And then a story about a fat burning pill that's coming out that vibrates for thirty minutes in your body before it leaves and you could drop weight. It's like an alternative to like o zempic and we gov. So yeah, of course, I'm like, is this not encapsulize the hellish cycle?
Speaker 3: The dog chasing its tail.
Speaker 4: Right right now, lost a few pounds I'm looking at you on the video. Yeah, yeah, no, right, I'm gonna lose about seven five six pounds.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: It's my boy, Doctor Fat Loss, twelve pounds down.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 3: It's day eleven on Dr fatloss dot Com. What scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's twenty twenty four. Yeah, we're celebrating a new year.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hit the fucking jingle, bitch.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't say anything wrong, did you asked? Jingle?
Speaker 1: You asked me, and I told you, said, you look like you've most ways hit that jingle. Come on, man, give me a freaking the jingle. No, I got it right here. But why are you give me a free pass?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No free pass, Dick.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you when it's okay, at the ending of forty days, when I say to you, Scary, you look really good.
Speaker 3: Had that happen? Then you can go.
Speaker 1: It works and there's no shots or side effects. I'm telling you it.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing a commercial.
Speaker 3: I'm stating fact. This is a real thing.
Speaker 1: Did you say you're staying fact. I'm staying I'm stating fact. I'm not staying fat you said, I'm saying Now all right, listen, Okay, it's okay. So you got to play one sound clip for me right now? Oh god, okcause you just said no shots, doctor, no shots?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes, soundboary, gona find it? Yes, I have it? Hold on, Yes, what do you?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: What do we?
Speaker 4: So there's a there's a commercial that's running now all the time on cable. It's a woman talking about injecting herself in the abdomen to lose weight. Okay, she gives herself shots of something and and she said this in the commercial, and I want to do everybody to hear it. You got it, pr, that's what a pr. Don't say it, Yep, I got it.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, this is what she said in the commercial. She injects herself every day and it's it's painless. I don't hear it.
Speaker 3: Because I have to connect it to my phone. Damn it. You didn't load anything in you peace load it.
Speaker 1: No, I have to connect it to the board my you know, my six hundred and forty siven and seven million dollar board. That thing. I have to connect it. It's not connected right now.
Speaker 3: Because I thought the clips in. I thought you loaded. Now I do everything for my phone. Now, stay in the state of the art.
Speaker 4: I just have to hit yeah, yeah, you plug in my phone with some duct tape.
Speaker 1: I have to hit the connect put. Okay, we're connected now. And now now I could play a ship.
Speaker 11: I'm not sure how something that's just a little tiny prick it can be so powerful in so many different.
Speaker 3: Way play it again because the volume was low.
Speaker 11: I'm not quite sure how something that's just a little tiny prick can be so powerful in so many different.
Speaker 1: Ways, by the way, they did that on purpose. That was that engineered. So people we talk about it and it would go viral. I don't know, but who else to pulls sound clips? No, the people would be talking about it. All right, listen, coming up next. Hold on, we said we're gonna what today's Friday?
Speaker 3: Friday?
Speaker 1: Didn't we do.
Speaker 3: A slice time? What day we slice? We talked about this. We're going we did fly slice time on Monday.
Speaker 4: On Monday because you were wearing the same shirt. Yeah, I just realized. Okay, so it's two shirts. I have the same shirt twice. I got until Brooklyn, Iowa twice. I have too no sleep till Brooklyn, Iowa shirts. One of them is in an extra large and one of them is a large. And this is the large one. Brody, Oh you're slimming. I'm swimming down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I got gifted by two different people Iowans because and which to Brooklyn, Iowa. It's the state of Iowa. With okay, all right, great listen.
Speaker 3: Iowa was big this week.
Speaker 1: Huge, Coming up right, coming up, listen, coming up next. We said we were gonna go down memory Lane and we were gonna play a bit from each one of our moms.
Speaker 3: I just went hogwild.
Speaker 1: I collected like three phone calls to my mom and three phone calls to your mom. It's a long, long segment, but it's funny as fuck, and it's our parents at their best, and we we could think of no better way to salute and honor them than by bringing them back here on this podcast, uh, where we've had so much fun with them over the five six years, seven years we've been doing this podcast seven years.
Speaker 3: This summer will be seven years. Yeah, all right, so we'll we visit that coming up after this.
Speaker 1: All right. We started off this podcast talking about the passing of both of our moms, Mine a few weeks ago, Brody a few years ago, and uh, we basically wanted to uh go down a trip down memory lane. A lot of you haven't listened to those early episodes. We're watching the numbers we do.
Speaker 4: You know, we tell you to listen to order, even though Scary doesn't bring the jingles home to play, to listen to order jingle.
Speaker 3: Well it's time to listen to order.
Speaker 4: You know what your mother said to me, I hope Scary brings the jingle again.
Speaker 3: Oh you're gonna do that now, you're gonna play that right card.
Speaker 4: One of the things I said to spoke to her is has my son been a good boy?
Speaker 3: Brought the jingles home? I go no, No, Mama, scary, he hasn't.
Speaker 1: All right, So what we want to do is we want to take it way back with my mom and Brody's mom. After that, we'll see you next week with a nice, full juicy podcast starting with supporting us.
Speaker 4: Thanks for supporting our moms, yes, and thanks for understanding the situation for both of us.
Speaker 1: And we'll start with slice time coming up early in the week, and we'll talk to you soon. My mom's got a seven one eight had first.
Speaker 7: Ma, I'm talking to you from my.
Speaker 1: From the iPad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the hell?
Speaker 1: What do you mean to have the I'm on speakerphone on the iPad.
Speaker 7: Yes, you got that right?
Speaker 1: Nice? My mom is scary. It's David Brody. I have I have a bone to pick with your son that I want to see how you feel about it. And then I sort of have a bone to pick with you. I want to see how you feel about it because Brody only does his pick fights.
Speaker 4: All day, not picking fights. I was under the impression that in Bensonhurst Christmas Eve Italian family tradition that you and whoever else will be helping you in the kitchen would be making the big feast of the seven fishes and crazy meat at lasagnas, all kinds of crazy foods Italian. I'll be told that you're ordering in sushi on a on a on a major Italian food holiday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got that right, see, and it's a great tradition. Tell him about it, Ma, tell us, so I hear you're doing the face of the seven sushi fishes. Tell him how great it is to have seven different kinds of sushi.
Speaker 12: We sometimes have more than seven when everybody's picking their own sushi plate, right. But honestly, those days with the lasagnia, those days are gone. That was in my arrow and my grandmother and my aunt.
Speaker 7: And we all, you know, helped out and cooked.
Speaker 12: Nowadays it's a little bit different. They just want to eat, open up the gifts and you know, just kind of like be done with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell him, we eat on paper plates. I just feel like there's.
Speaker 12: Something, no, not really paper plates, you know, the plastic ones.
Speaker 8: From Costom.
Speaker 3: The China.
Speaker 1: I just feel like there's gotta be something for tradition. There's got to be Like I told Brody that on the next day, on Christmas Day, that's when we pull out the traditions.
Speaker 7: That he's right, That he's right.
Speaker 1: We don't need two days in a night followed by an afternoon. Okay, it's a lot to Mama scary, honestly, how many years before you guys are ordering in a pizza from Domino's on Christmas Day that you're on your way. It'll never come to that.
Speaker 12: We that that we never do because we don't need pizza here, we don't really care for it. But we will have the usual macaroni. I will make my sauce.
Speaker 7: Okay, and we do have you know, all meat gravy, and then we'll probably have some sort of another meat, maybe a roast, beef or chicken.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See she calls it meat gravy. The proper one a gravy. See it's gravy. We're doing stuff shelves this year, right.
Speaker 7: And nobody changed to.
Speaker 1: Another one another tradition out the window. No, no, no, no, you promised me stuff shells.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 1: No, you said it, you texted me stuffed shells. Now, if you can't take that away. Not your brother and sister want big ZD. I fucking hate ZD. Hey, watch your mouth on the phone, your mother, don't say ZD. Sorry I hate ZD.
Speaker 3: Ma, No really though, I hate it.
Speaker 1: Wow, first world Italian problems. No, because big ZD is no no, no, no, no, no no, it's a different kind of sauce and it's just ZD and it's you know, like regotta cheese ZD. And no, I want I want the shells with with with to put the regard in it, with the sauce covered in red sauce or managotta or graviola. Oh, I have an idea, mam, is scary? I have an idea. Or Scary can either make it himself or go to like William Sinoman get pre Brian stuff shells.
Speaker 8: Very good.
Speaker 6: I like that idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well maybe another woman in his life could make them and then and then bring a great cook. Ye have Robin makes stuff shells and you could bring them to dinner. Okay, yeah, I'm so upset right now. Oh, his childhood dreams crushed.
Speaker 12: Don't be upset, it will still be good.
Speaker 1: No, I want no, I want tough shells. We've really we've really, we've really uncovered something here. This is a deep wound.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna talk to you later.
Speaker 7: Think I already, it's already been done.
Speaker 4: This is like this is like on a Jewish holiday. If my mother said, you know what, we're not making Mansi balls this year, we're gonna have blintzes, I would break my heart.
Speaker 3: You gotta have.
Speaker 7: Sometimes you have to change it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: So you know, I'm so slow, Mama, scary, I don't I I'm so up slow. All right, you are just first you cry my dreams and hopes. But now you took stuff shells away from now be honest, be honest. Now, who requested the big ZD? Was it Stephen?
Speaker 12: No, honestly, honestly, we we just changed it up because we had stuff shields I think two years in a row.
Speaker 7: So I just wanted to.
Speaker 1: You know, Okay, all right, well I'll survive. Wow, alright, we're going to take away the meatballs next the all right, all right, I gotta give you my order. I want for Christmas Eve. I want this spicy Connie roll. I want a spicy you can do this lay a day text back on the group text. Yeah, and by the way, Why are you blowing up my phone on a group text? Can't you just email me?
Speaker 7: Anthony?
Speaker 12: Did you tell him about the pig knuckle and the skin that I put in the sauce?
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's a whole other thing. That's true. That's another that's that's old school bensonhearst what that is?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: That will say?
Speaker 3: Thank you? All right, all right, catch up with you later. I'm I'm scary. Who's on the phone?
Speaker 1: Mom?
Speaker 5: Hi? Mom?
Speaker 6: I want you to find a new partner.
Speaker 1: You don't right away and I will do that. Okay, Hold on, mam, before you don't know you hated your son that much? Before you meet Okay, before you before you get get going. I want to just say, for all the people that have been asking me, where's mama, Brody's right here.
Speaker 10: Here you go.
Speaker 4: Now, I got two things before you rip scary and uh what you want to rip them about. I just want to finish up a story that I didn't tell the finish of when we went to that pizza place near you. When I said, don't get pizza from there, it doesn't look right. Go to the place we always go to.
Speaker 1: You said, Noah, I heard it was good, right, and we got we had to pay for me Paul palm with no palm? Who did you hear it from a Central Jersey person?
Speaker 6: You know, Margot and Maurice were just here Mom and I.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows those people are your friends, my mom's friends, Margot. Where were they? They're from Brooklyn, so they should know good pizza. Okay, So what'd you say to them?
Speaker 6: I told them about my parmesan where they held the cheese.
Speaker 3: Right, and they still charge you for the parmesan?
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, now tell me tell everyone listening, how was the sandwich from the place that called Brooklyn Grandma sliced Brooklyn Pizza and I and had all those problems when I went to pay for the food.
Speaker 6: Awful?
Speaker 1: Awful?
Speaker 6: Wow, this standwich was awful. It looked like two dead meat balls.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: You looked like they belonged to scary Wow.
Speaker 1: So does that mean Margoo's your money back because she gave you bad advice.
Speaker 6: No, she didn't tell me to order a meat bull sandwich. She told me to order pizza.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the pizza looked sandwich was mine that It was definitely.
Speaker 1: My I told you it was pizza. It was not a good looking pizza.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, yeah, who knows the slice better than you? Nobody knows pizza better than mine?
Speaker 3: All right, So moving on you.
Speaker 1: I made you listen. We were listening to episode ninety four, right, you listened to last week's episode with Gandhi and Scary and you have some.
Speaker 6: Words still, Green rats are still coming out my ears. Green rats, tell this is the thing squared away? I thought the last time I ran, did that? Scary got my message that cut out this crap with this only child shit. I don't want to hear this crap the only child because my boy is superior, because he's an only child. And I don't need to hear that my son is a savage. What kind of crap is that a savage? If I don't savage, I like is Dan savage? And I think he's adorable.
Speaker 1: If if I if you had a cupcake on the table right and I would be more delicious.
Speaker 6: If your feet wouldn't hear it, it would be like it was sprinkled with gold.
Speaker 1: That's a mom.
Speaker 3: That's a reference, by the way, to last week when Gandhi is in here with you.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't eat the brownie because my son's feet were a little bit in the vicinity of Brownie.
Speaker 1: It was in the atmosphere vicinity. Yeah, not not even close.
Speaker 6: Those adorable little feets with those curly toes aredding. Yeah, feet, I'm perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my mom.
Speaker 1: That's what I was.
Speaker 6: His feet and my son were the same size.
Speaker 1: All right, ma Ma, let's stick to the focus here. The man's the problem.
Speaker 4: The man says I was raised a savage because I didn't have any siblings to teach me otherwise.
Speaker 1: That's right, because you know what in the sibling world, Mamma Brody, when you have to share the siblings working out amongst themselves and.
Speaker 6: Then listen to me scary. Why does he need siblings to teach him anything when he's got a mother who's a teacher. Yeah, the problem he got one on one tte he got.
Speaker 1: That's the proper. If I'm a savage, you're saying my mother raised the savage.
Speaker 6: No, the problem and that I have savage blood.
Speaker 1: The problem is, Mama Brody, is that he got one hundred bro anymore.
Speaker 6: I'm disowning you. I'm disowning you. Don't call me mama.
Speaker 3: Missus Brody, miss Brody, one hundred.
Speaker 6: I'm not miss I hate the title miss.
Speaker 1: Okay, your missus brody, missus brody. You he you gave him one hundred percent of your attention, and therein lies the problem.
Speaker 3: My mother only gave me thirty three percent, barely.
Speaker 6: Your mother was sorry. She had you thirty percent.
Speaker 1: That's my mother. That's the problem.
Speaker 6: I as quality, and she saw you weren't quality.
Speaker 1: We had three There were three of us, three kids still all my sister, my brother, and me. Yeah, the three.
Speaker 6: You're the youngest. You're the one that was the accident. That nobody blamed them.
Speaker 1: My brother he was born before his parents got married. My brother, that's not true either. My brother was the oops baby. But either way, I only got thirty three percent of my parents at ten, and I had to I had to understand that there was this thing called sacrifice. I had to understand it was you know that that that Sometimes my brother was right, sometimes my sister was right. I couldn't win every fight in argument the way your son the way your son.
Speaker 6: Needs to do. My child on a savage yes.
Speaker 1: On a weekly basis. He's fighting with a woman. He Gandhi is a woman, and he would not allow her to win. She was she had a great.
Speaker 5: Point are you?
Speaker 1: Are you saying she should win because she has a vagina, and that's.
Speaker 3: You're not letting my mother win.
Speaker 1: No, what I'm saying, you were such a great teacher, you would have let you would let him know to have.
Speaker 6: Respect for women, and he has respect women.
Speaker 1: I respect women. I respect women to know that if they're wrong, I don't pretend to think they're right. But you see, I don't patronize when it's your opinion.
Speaker 3: Gandhi. Gandhi had a very valid point.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you being respectful to my mother, who's your elder as a woman, and coming at me, you said, what kind.
Speaker 6: Of teacher you? Mommy? You know about Gandhi's point. You're not supposed to know about Gandhi's point. That person.
Speaker 3: I was in the room, I lived it.
Speaker 1: I saw what happened. My mother just made a clitorist joke. I think you missed. Oh good job, okay, good, all right. I got you alright here.
Speaker 6: When my son was a little boy, he said to his dad, Dad, I wish you were a little taller. And David, why do you say such a thing. I'm six foot two and a half. I'm tall, It's all right. Why do you need me to be taller? And he said, Dad, if you were taller, everything I say wouldn't go over your head.
Speaker 5: True.
Speaker 1: I said that I was three years old. Ah so bottom line, I say that to you.
Speaker 6: Scary listening, but it's going over your head. You're not getting the message.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my mother raised me.
Speaker 6: Well, can insult my child and get away with it?
Speaker 1: I have properly?
Speaker 5: Can?
Speaker 1: I can't? I can if the facts are there.
Speaker 3: He's not right all the time. He's not right all the time, sometimes real.
Speaker 1: Sometimes he is.
Speaker 3: And the fact that you can't admit that I didn't, you're the problem.
Speaker 6: I didn't say he's never wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I didn't say it has I'm wrong all the time and my mother is not an only child.
Speaker 6: Wrong but not this time. Yeah, this time he didn't do anything wrong. He just sprinkled the room with foot odor and something wrong with that.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 1: Go back and listen to episode ninety four and you tell your ninety four. I listened, listen to order. I know it's better. We can we can we call it truce.
Speaker 6: No, this is this is your punishment. I'm never going to a met game with you. Never. I'm gonna sit in a met game with someone who calls my son a savage. I'm going to recommend when he renews his contract for the next seven million dollars, that he'd taken a new partner, and it'll be the Brooklyn Boys. But there's somebody else. You can get somebody in a minute, Okay, you know whatever, All right, the stipulation, all right.
Speaker 1: Real quick, you had a rumble, you had something you wanted to complain about, real quick, your orange juice problem. Oh sure, my arms old, I gotta give you an introduction. Had I didn't have it produced, but I gotta right here we go. Don't hold it against me. Get ready to grumble. There you go. I think I have to pay for that.
Speaker 6: You know, when you buy a container of milk, a half gallon of milk is sixty four rounds is that's the legal definition of a half gallon. And when you buy orange juice, any brand Tropic Canna, Florida Narews, sixty four roundss is what you got. And then one day I noticed my orange juice is fifty nine ounces. I'm sixty four to.
Speaker 1: Check right, trying to it looks like a sixty four ounce, but exactly the same but.
Speaker 6: Five ounces of missing. Okay, I can deal with five ounces missing.
Speaker 1: Same price missing too, same price though right reasonably?
Speaker 6: Yes, price the same reasonably. I go to buy orange juice again. Guess what, it's only fifty two ounces now, bow ounces are missing. It's no longer sixty four ounces, it's only fifty two and brand?
Speaker 3: Which brand is it?
Speaker 6: All of them? He said, all of them?
Speaker 3: All of them.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 1: They're in cootes with each other.
Speaker 6: They're in Kohouitski. They're all in Kohouitski. It's a conspiracy. I think it's a foreign government meddling in our orange juice production.
Speaker 1: So you think news.
Speaker 3: So is there now a sixty four in ounce that's more money?
Speaker 6: There is no sixty four ounces.
Speaker 3: Wow, they're just giving you less for the same price.
Speaker 6: Imagine every company looks exactly the same two ounces. So this drives me crazy because I love orange juice, and I can start my day without orange juice. So the sixty four ounces used to last me at least a week. Now fifty two ounces. Three days.
Speaker 1: I'm done, and she's paying the same price.
Speaker 6: Three days. I'm done.
Speaker 3: We've got it, We've got it. You know, is there a shortage of Florida Orange.
Speaker 1: By the way, someday, Scary, you and I going to be complaining about kaopectatee yes, like the raising the price of Jara Tall.
Speaker 6: This is what goes on the paper. Shrinking the chocolate bar is shrinking everything.
Speaker 3: Forget about that, you know, don't get me started on that stuff.
Speaker 1: The candy bar thing. Everything is small. It's the candy bar thing. The candy bars there used to be a lot bigger. I'm not gonna name names. Hershey well okay, yeah, hershey bar bar used to be much bigger. And I'm paying the same price maybe more for hershey bar. That's smaller.
Speaker 6: And that's like we got to get George Stanza to talk about the shrinkage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. I think we're gonna let you go on that note. I think we can let Scary off the hook a little bit because you agree with you on the before I go. But then we're wrapping it up.
Speaker 6: I was only kidding, Scary. I still love you.
Speaker 1: I love you to give you.
Speaker 6: You can still call me Mama Brody. I never apologize you a little bit of a savage, but don't say it publicly.
Speaker 1: My thanks by.
Speaker 8: Well, Hi Mom, Hi, Anthony.
Speaker 1: Hi, you're you're on the Booking Boys podcast.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, I'm good, I gotta call.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I got a question for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, Remember the other day when I went to my h and I put on my instest story the fact that there was no uh picture of me on the wall unit and you've hit it behind other pictures.
Speaker 8: Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: You texted me about that, but we never really spoke about it. So I figured this would be the perfect forum.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, well, right now I'm shopping with Jennifer.
Speaker 6: But where are you?
Speaker 3: Where you shop?
Speaker 8: We're an industry city.
Speaker 3: Industry city.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, a beautiful part of Brooklyn that used to be a bunch of old, burned out factories and now they're filled with giant It's a giant shopping center with all these stores. So yeah, no, So so tell me really quickly why you did that? Like, why why did you hide a picture of me? Are you embarrassed to know?
Speaker 8: I actually didn't hide it. The cleaning lady came the day before it comes. She puts in wall in different places. So I guess you just did it according to size. But if you looked on the other side of the wall. You would see that there were pictures of new at the wedding, Jennifer's wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, that those don't count because those are those of Jennifer's wedding. That's part of a picture. See you see my mom is trying to make the case. Now that's that that because I'm not one of nine people in a picture that that counts.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it does not count.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: I need an individual shot of me, like a picture of my graduation or something, so I can actually be there in a frame by myself.
Speaker 3: Why I hear Lucas has taking over the furniture, is what I'm hearing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well what can I tell you? I love baby? Yeah, you know what's going to happen. That's gonna be it. He's really going to be show.
Speaker 1: That's what I said. If Stephen has a kid, he's screwed.
Speaker 8: Now, well I don't know.
Speaker 1: But so so here's another question. Scary pointed out.
Speaker 4: Your son pointed out that there's a there's a wedding picture of your daughter and her husband, and there's a wedding picture of your other son and his wife. Correct, right, Yeah, but there's no picture of Scary with his longtime girlfriend. Boy Now is that because it ain't official, it ain't getting framed. No, if you like it, then you better put a frame on it.
Speaker 8: But it's in a different area.
Speaker 1: It's in the garage. It's in the garage, right in the bathroom.
Speaker 8: No, it's not okay, you're putting me on the spot.
Speaker 1: Now, that's okay. But I'm just saying, no, he's hard, he's hot. I wanted to know why the graduation picture of me was was buried.
Speaker 8: Honestly, the cleaning lady king.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's gonna gonna blame it on the lady that does not understand English. So, yes, it would be nice if I had a picture of me, you know, graduating something something fun.
Speaker 5: Is that? Is that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 8: You don't want to graduation picture a long time ago?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: So then what's a nice life event that's recent that you can have a nice picture of me? That's that's modern.
Speaker 1: Maybe a picture of Scary with a celebrity, all right, that's fine. Well they went to Hawaii together. There's some lovely pictures of them in Hawaii.
Speaker 8: Yes, I should look for one and posted maybe I.
Speaker 3: Can find Okay, Well, that would be nice that that would be great.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. But again, just just to confirm one more baby, and he's off to think completely.
Speaker 8: Right, that's kind of something else.
Speaker 3: Pressure.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right. Now, now let's talk. Let's see the difference when it's an only child. Let's put my mom on the phone.
Speaker 6: Mama, Brody, Mom, Yes, Hi, good morning, scary, Good morning, David.
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa, whoa, whoa awesome. She already said hello to me on the phone. That's why it doesn't count. She knows it's brody and scary. She's a brody.
Speaker 3: How you doing it?
Speaker 6: I just have good manners, David. You know I love you more than anything.
Speaker 1: Throw a pone, Mama, Brody, all right, we're gonna we're gonna use my my not my first name anymore.
Speaker 3: It sounds weird, Okay, I so all right.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing. Uh, explain the situation to my mother. What's going on in your parents house? Okay?
Speaker 3: The family is growing, time is moving on.
Speaker 1: You have a brother and a sister, a brother and a sister, and there some milestone events have happened. And therefore I am losing space in the picture frames that are being displayed because they were running out of space for them. So my so I kind of I had the last remaining picture of me from my college graduation twenty something years ago, was the last remaining single picture of me in a frame that was displayed. And now because it's behind other pictures.
Speaker 3: Now it's beaten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it got buried behind other pictures because my nephew, Lucas is getting older and now he's taken over the picture for the grandkid, the one grandson's got the pictures right, And then my brother's marriage and my sister's marriage, like I have to compete with all these events on my parents' wall unit and there's no space for me. And since he's dating a girl for eight years, but then I'm married, there's no picture him married to her up on there, there's no picture of them together.
Speaker 6: But then you have to do something important to get yourself in the pictures. You have to eat the ruber bank, you know, something worthwhile than they would put your picture out right now, you're not important?
Speaker 3: How yeah?
Speaker 4: Now Mom telling him like it is, I'm an only child, you're a grandmother three times over. But there's still pictures of me, Like I don't have siblings. I have no competition, but you would never bury my picture behind other pictures.
Speaker 6: Are you kidding? You're the most important thing? Yeah, you get priority. You're an only child, that's right important.
Speaker 3: I had siblings.
Speaker 6: She got rid of them because they weren't perfect. Weren't perfect. You're perfect, I said, they're not that great.
Speaker 3: That's right, MoMA Brodie.
Speaker 1: You know you're gonna have to talk some sense into my parents because they don't seem to think I'm a priority anymore. Just because I'm not making life events and milestone markers in my world doesn't mean that they my pictures get to be buried and disappear from the Wallume.
Speaker 6: I have a solution. Send me a picture of you and I'll put it in my house.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what funny you mentioned that I do have an eight x ten glossy of me. He doesn't want a headshot autographed. Well, i'll give you a Brooklyn Boys picture. You can put it off this way. I'm still there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that would be all right. I could sort of adopt you, and then you could tell your mother if she wants to see a picture of you, she can come to my house.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe I'm standing on the left I'm Brody for the wind. I'm standing on the left in the picture.
Speaker 7: K w.
Speaker 6: Okay, I like the left. I'm left handed.
Speaker 3: It's far so is Hey Scary is left handed too? All right?
Speaker 1: Awesome?
Speaker 3: Well, thank you so much. That's how you blow my mother off.
Speaker 1: You gotta go now? No what else?
Speaker 3: What's what's for dinner?
Speaker 6: No dinner? I'm starving.
Speaker 3: Please about when the sun goes down?
Speaker 1: Later? Dinner?
Speaker 3: Something?
Speaker 6: No bagels and locks?
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna fight it out. I'm getting white fish, bagels and locks, a little red onions. Even chopped liver. She bought my friend bought everything you like. Chopped liver.
Speaker 3: Now, that's how Brody treats me here on the show. I don't want to be reminded that.
Speaker 2: Bye bye, a im.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you later. I don't think anybody's home. We're gonna just scrap this. Oh dad, Hey, it's Anthony. Hey is your lovely wife home?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have to or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, mister Scary, did you remember it's her birthday today?
Speaker 5: Of course?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now now now now.
Speaker 3: Did your other two children call mom to a shrappy birthday?
Speaker 5: Uh? I'm not sure I don't think.
Speaker 1: So, okay, I'm gonna be the first.
Speaker 5: But there's a lot of texting going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well.
Speaker 5: Guess what.
Speaker 1: Guess what?
Speaker 3: Guess what?
Speaker 1: Guess what?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 1: Uh there he forgot?
Speaker 5: Phone?
Speaker 1: No, I forgot, but phone. A phone call from me is worth more than Steven or Jennifer texting mommy earlier or facebooking them. Oh my god, it doesn't get any more. Uh you know, I guess would you say.
Speaker 5: Get into social media? No? No, no, no no no no no no.
Speaker 1: Did they send flowers?
Speaker 5: Don't count flowers? What do you.
Speaker 8: Because?
Speaker 5: Dad?
Speaker 1: Because if you gotta, you gotta, it's impersonal. Facebook is the worst, Okay, scary. The bottom line is scary. Forgot it was his mom's birthday, and forget it was her birthday. Now he's taking up valuable podcast on this is better. This is a phone call on a podcast in front of people there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, well we're talking to somebody. Yeah, she's she's going to get off the phone. Now, put on the phone.
Speaker 1: Thank you, dad, Dad, Dad, Dad? You do you talk to Alexa?
Speaker 5: The white talk to Alexa? You're talking about the box there, that box there? Yeah, you talk I don't have Alexa.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have We don't have it at the house.
Speaker 5: No, I don't have it. No, I got the I got the speaker, the the the extension. I have the speaker that you uh on, Bluetooth speaker phonos. That's exactly what I got that we gave you yet, right right right? Okay, uh hold on putting me on the phone. Okay, yeah, wait, she's yeah, she's on, she's on.
Speaker 3: This is your version of this is your way of stalling.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's act and he's on a podcast. He was brought to you. He's got it's it's about your birthday.
Speaker 2: You're ruining it.
Speaker 1: Sure, dad, Sure.
Speaker 5: He wants apologized for not remember apologize.
Speaker 1: Don't ruin the phone call. He keeps a secret as well as you do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, hold on, hold on, I'm just kidding, blood, I'm not a listen. This is going to be edited out.
Speaker 1: How do we edit it from our hearing? It doesn't work.
Speaker 5: Work miracles with these freaking phones. You know, mom? Mom?
Speaker 1: Scary?
Speaker 7: Hey where am I now?
Speaker 3: You're on the podcast?
Speaker 8: Scary?
Speaker 1: You don't put you. You don't put your own son, your own mother. Dave me props.
Speaker 7: First, you're supposed to do that. You're supposed to put the other person first.
Speaker 8: Who's the rest.
Speaker 5: H B and S.
Speaker 1: That's bs.
Speaker 3: P S right, No, you called Brodi's name up before mine.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't be the first time. Who's mama you?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 7: I still remembered you, so that's the maing she remembered you.
Speaker 3: That's also me.
Speaker 6: Very good.
Speaker 1: Listen, I just wanted I called to to because I remembered that it was your birthday after I reminded him Happy birthday.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much, Thank you, Anthony.
Speaker 1: I have it in my phone to remind him every year.
Speaker 6: I bet you do.
Speaker 1: I knew it was your birthday. I meant to call it out on the radio earlier, but so.
Speaker 7: Glad that you didn't. I really am. I can't because then everybody calls, and it's bad enough. It's on Facebook.
Speaker 1: So you're suggesting that nobody's gonna hear it here on this podcast. That means nobody's You kind of dissed us right there, mom, because because you are.
Speaker 7: I told them the last time when I was on about the stuff shells, and one of my friends didn't.
Speaker 1: Know what You're pretty much saying that when I'm on Elvis. If I call it out on Elvis's show, people here and we call it out on the podcast, nobody cares.
Speaker 7: Well, you know what nobody has.
Speaker 8: I don't know. I guess not.
Speaker 7: I don't know what can I tell you podcasters.
Speaker 1: That's all that's and that's all that matters. And scary, that's right, That's right, that's right, Bridian is scary. Happy birthday. Birthday, by the way, you do agree though, that by me calling you and on a podcast, no less, which is kind of like an extra bonus, is all right? That's even. A phone call is better than a text, which is also a text. A text is better than a text, is better than a Facebook message, right, okay, okay, okay, then then settle. This is a phone call on a podcast a better present than if Steven and Jennifer actually get your presents. This is count is a present.
Speaker 7: Yes it is, because you know me, I'm like, you know, they don't have to buy me.
Speaker 3: Okay, my mom returns everything.
Speaker 7: Christmas, but that's okay, I don't have to.
Speaker 1: That's good because for Mother's Day a few years ago, I had Guy Fieri say hi to on the radio, and that was my gift. Car and I got a cop. I got her a copy of his cookbook that he brought.
Speaker 5: Up for us.
Speaker 1: Oh well, the cookbook was called free Dessert Here Brody. Okay, now we need you to settle one more thing and then then we'll let you go on your birthday. Yeah, I know, did you did you? Did you tip your mailman this year?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 7: Every year.
Speaker 1: Guess what?
Speaker 3: The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
Speaker 6: All right, Oh well you tip him, did you?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: The thing is Brody has an issue with with tipping mail.
Speaker 1: No I feel. I feel they do a great job, but they get paid.
Speaker 6: They do.
Speaker 7: But you know what, he makes an extra effort that he doesn't leave my mail downstairs. H So he climbs up steps stairs, He climbs the steps.
Speaker 8: Yes he does, he.
Speaker 1: Birdy, you have steps steps. I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Of course he does. Yeah, his mailman climbs steps too.
Speaker 1: I have five steps. But that's the job, you know what it is.
Speaker 8: It is the job.
Speaker 7: But you know what, tell us when he's not there and you have somebody else in his place, all they'll do is they'll stuff the mail downstairs. Right and the other he knows how to do the job, well, right, do the job right, and and he does. You know, he's been here, he's been with us for a couple of years now, and sometimes in the summer time he's very you know, he's very nice. It's Tony's home, he'll you know, greet him or whatever. But we we always, we always tipped him.
Speaker 1: Back in the day when you used to get papers, did you used to tip the paper boy at Christmas time?
Speaker 7: Always you forgot?
Speaker 1: I tipped paper boy always.
Speaker 10: Different than.
Speaker 1: First of all, I was a paper boy, second of all, second of all paper boys get at the time, I made like ten cents a paper every day. You got crap. You worked on tips, that's what you made your money.
Speaker 7: Now, my paper boy was so good. He would really go out of his way.
Speaker 1: He was he was young, come in the house and read the paper for it. And now, be honest, be honest, my miska, he was.
Speaker 7: Just starting out and he was so appreciative. Not everybody, not everybody you know, does it right right right, you know. And now today he's a police officer today, so you know, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, allright, well, be honest. The mail man that you give a tip too, good looking guy, good looking guy.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I'm working, I don't all right.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe he's delivering the packages. You know.
Speaker 7: My mother like that, My mother talking to me, and we're you know, we're very appreciated, very.
Speaker 3: Good on the floor, very good. You you taught me right?
Speaker 1: And how do you like that? How do you like that? So no speaker, scary guy for you?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 7: That's good, it's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can get one of those. Yeah, yes, all right, Well, happy birthday. Thanks for geting on the phone.
Speaker 8: Speak to you.
Speaker 3: So I'm off the hook. I don't know you're present.
Speaker 7: No, you don't know me. No, never, Just by hearing your voice and knowing that you're safe and everything is good.
Speaker 1: That's a great good mom, Happy birthday, Mom. Mama, Brody's here.
Speaker 6: Hi, Mom, Hi, honey, how you doing good?
Speaker 3: None of us.
Speaker 1: There's two reasons why my mother's on the phone. Number one, she's been nagging me for three weeks to get back on the podcast. Okay, Oh, if you need anything, I'm available. I got crumbles, no grumble today, Mom, no specific grumbles. Although I know you're very upset, you're very upset about the orange juice bottles.
Speaker 3: I understand that we'll get to that in a later podcast. That's a tease.
Speaker 4: But you read the article with Scary that Scary talked about in All Access that that I have to be right because I'm an only.
Speaker 1: Child and I just got my way, Scary, I.
Speaker 3: Just Scar, Yes, Mama Brody who.
Speaker 6: Three weeks ago, David did an interview for All Access. Yes, answered ten questions, didn't say anything bad about anybody, talked about you in a kind, nice way, talked about how successful you two are together. Yeah, tell me to say a bad word about you. Then this week it's your turn, same questions, same coverage.
Speaker 1: Says were a little bit, I don't.
Speaker 6: Think I don't not complimentary. And when you insult my son, you insult me by saying he has problems being an only child, you're insulting me and my parenting.
Speaker 3: Second, you are you are completely the opposite of Davaul.
Speaker 6: Oh no, oh no. You see the thing is you're one of three children. You had to share your mother three ways I did it. Didn't have to share all my love, all my attention, all my nurturing, all my mentoring. And he's just fabulous to begin with. So if he's always right, it's because he's smart, secure, right, confident and confident right, and so if you can't handle it, I don't know. I thought you were beyond that.
Speaker 1: You're not.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 6: I'm insulted.
Speaker 1: I'm upset, Missus Brody.
Speaker 6: I'm upset. Oh no searing my scary insulted me. I no, Missus Brody, I love you well, you don't show it if you criticized my putting a knife in my back.
Speaker 3: I feel like I need to make this up to you somehow.
Speaker 6: What can you do for me? Send me some free dessert?
Speaker 1: I want you to take my mother off from steak dinner. No, I can send you something maybe would be nice my mom and Delmonicos. I've got some nice organic maza for Passover. What is that supposed to me?
Speaker 6: That now you're making fun because I'm Jewish?
Speaker 1: No, maybe you want some crep lock or some potato lockers or something.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna get you a Google.
Speaker 1: Hold on, you're talking about my mother because he's Jewish, that you'll need Jewish food? You want Rali and where would you buy from? Thank you very much. My mom is Italian as your mother, even though she's not Italian. I gotta from Brooklyn. Yeah, thank course, you know what, maybe well maybe I can go to Depharas and get you a pizza from your favorite place on Avenue. You ever have Defaris pizza?
Speaker 6: I got a pizza.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, man, I feel like I.
Speaker 1: Got to send your mama. Can't have to faris pizza. She grew up not far from I've had to give you any think I should give you a care package.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 4: My mother has not seen the story about the bagel yesterday. I which want your opinion.
Speaker 5: Mom.
Speaker 6: You done, Bayeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Slice the bagel. We agree, We agree a thousand percent.
Speaker 3: She saw the story.
Speaker 1: It's terrible. They put it to a get it to.
Speaker 6: New York story. I'm a New Yorker. I know about slicing baby.
Speaker 3: All right, very good, all right, all right, all right, so there you go. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: We'll see a week. We'll let you defend you and yell at me. That's why you got her on the phone. If you wanted to yell at me, give it time shows you know me. Don't worry.
Speaker 6: And one more thing, go ahead, Mets, that's something we.
Speaker 3: Can all agree.
Speaker 5: There we go.
Speaker 1: I'm my thanks, thank you, love you all. Right by God.
Speaker 3: Don't mess. You got your mother after me. I sent her the article and she was very upset.