Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty Armstrong and Decide and he armsng.
Speaker 2: We'reor Huckleberry live from the studio Saint Say Senor Hey, dimly lit room deep within the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound.
Speaker 1: And hey y'all today, how do we already get to Wednesday? We're under the twid ledge of our general manager. Liberation Day.
Speaker 2: How you're liberated from the cruelty of international trade?
Speaker 1: I already feel kind of liberated, feel different already. I'm shirtless, as you can see, for the three can be held down by the man. Liberation Day, you're shirtless?
Speaker 2: Yes, how do you like my Trump tattoo covers my entire chest? My chest hair is his hair. I've dyed it blonde obviously as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Liberation Day ats because when a whole bunch of big tariffs kick in today, and that's the theory, and let's all just sit back and you know, popcorn eating emoji, see how it turns out.
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 2: I saw a really interesting video about the complexity of sorting out where a car is from. I think we've all gotten a little taste of that discussion, right, How there are parts in a Ford F one fifty, which is among the most American of American vehicles. There are parts from twenty four different countries in your F one fifty.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. Get a transmission.
Speaker 2: Alone has dozens and dozens and dozens of parts sourced from different places. That's interesting, Given I mentioned the graph I was looking at with the different makers, Ford is by far, of cars that have.
Speaker 1: International parts, the most American.
Speaker 2: Tesla's the only one major car company that is one hundred percent American, and of course that's the one everybody hates.
Speaker 1: The set fire to Elonza Nazi.
Speaker 2: But Ford has the most American in it of any like seventy five percent or something. But of course that leaves you twenty five percent. Yeah, yeah. And so any of those parts that come from they have a tariff on them.
Speaker 1: Oh well, yes, if it.
Speaker 2: Is an individual part that's easily like comprehended as a part. There there's different layers of tariffs. There's the overall tariff and then there's the Canada Mexico tariff. Found out some really interesting stuff about how China has been getting around our tariffs on him. And then you've got the super combo parts that the administration says they'll just be covered by the standard for now until we sort out that transmission. Oh that's forty three point one percent American. But the transmission in particular crosses the border six times to get built, and all the three times in the US it gets tariffed.
Speaker 1: Again. I know, I've heard that before.
Speaker 2: I'm amazed by that that obviously that's the most efficient way to do it, or the or companies wouldn't do it. But it's amazing to me that it is efficient to ship something in the United States, put a part on it, ship it back to Canada or Mexico or whatever, put another part on it, ship it back to the United States. Put It's amazing that that's the most efficient way to do it. But yeah, apparently it is, I would agree. Yeah, it's very interesting. Of course, that's why we need to eliminate that border completely and make Canada our beautiful fifty first state.
Speaker 1: I knew what a tariff was.
Speaker 2: That's about the end of my knowledge starting with this whole tariff thing. I just learned recently from listening to a guy from AI AE the American Enterprise Institute.
Speaker 1: I got my letters in the wrong wor.
Speaker 2: He's explaining how one of the problems with tariffs and how conservatives traditionally have been against tariffs, is it it sets up the government for maximum doing favors for people for varieties of reasons. Skulduggery, right, because when you have tariffs, then you have carve outs.
Speaker 1: And we've already seen some of that.
Speaker 2: And you get carve outs by donating to a campaign or you know, be in the right color, state or whatever it is. And that's what always happens when you have a tariff regime, is all kinds of how come that company. It's like when during COVID, like you know that store had to be closed, but the ice cream shop was open. That's what happens with tariffs all the time. You know, like why is this business not getting there? Well, they're forty three percent this and thirty two percent that and whatever, and it might might be made up. It's because Congressman Jones is in a swing district and he really needed a win p period.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: The best way to old out political favors or to to to to gain favorable treatment is with a terrorf regime.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that till recently. I thought that was very interesting. Yeah, it is a great opportunity for that sort of thing to happen.
Speaker 2: Ah wow, wow, it's and and there are there are aspects of it that absolutely stink of government planning of the economy, and it's it's complicat and it's a little difficult to sort through for me anyway, because I believe so firmly in free markets and their incredible efficiency. I'm looking at, I'm looking up and seeing and Trump worked late into the night to perfect the terrorists.
Speaker 1: Oh they're perfect now, Okay, good right.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, the idea of that, well, we don't build warships at all, but our friends, the South Koreans do and are sometimes friends the other you know countries there.
Speaker 1: They'll help us out probably.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've got to have certain capacities just for our own defense and pharmaceuticals. You remember, China had us by the uh uh you know, the short ones during COVID because they made our drugs and masks and gloves and the rest of it.
Speaker 1: Right, And how do you break out of that reality? Where's the balance point?
Speaker 2: If you're a World War two fan, which means if you're a male, you know that during World War Two, the number of planes that we would crank out every single day, and bullets and tanks and jeeps and stuff was just amazing. Yeah, because we're such a manufacturing colossus at the time, and we switched over from you know, motor boats to tanks or whatever.
Speaker 1: Could we do that now? That's the big question, because we have so much less manufacturer.
Speaker 2: And I remember when I first learned this, and I found it very hurtful that the German machines were much better, significantly better than our machines, whether it was airplanes or tanks or what have you. We just outproduced them. We could, We could build so many of them so quickly. You know, they'd killed three to our you know, three of ours to their two, but we'd outproduce them three to one. So just keep running tanks out into the field. Likewise, airplanes compared to you know, some of the German and Japanese planes, we're fighting from behind. But so now the shoe is completely on the other foot, especially in terms of shipbuilding. We were talking about this the other day, that China can crank out what fifty ships to our one said the number might even be worse than that than that. Yeah, yeah, uh, that's a problem. On the tariff thing, I'd forgotten this. So there was a lot of moaning and fretting first Trump term around tariffs by mainstream media and Democrats, and then Joe Biden became president and kept them all in place, all of them, one hundred percent of the tariffs Trump put in place to make apped. Yeah, partially because it tends to be a lefty thing, the whole tariff thing, not a conservative thing. But anyway, yeah, although these tariffs are much much bigger than the first terms tariffs. But again, all the oh my god, this is horrible. What is he doing. He's going to wreck the world economy? And then a democratic and administration comes in and keeps them home place.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be fun to watch, you will it. It'll be a good time with your four to one k in hand, just to keep a refreshing your four one ks. Oh lord, this must be like one of those those series that are streaming that your friends tell you just get past the sixth episode and it's really good. Really, when that'll this will be entertaining to it really picks up in season four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, you can just stick it out.
Speaker 2: I saw the first episode of The Guy Ritchie Vehicle Mobland, British crime drama. Very good, very satisfying. If you like his movies, it's really really good.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: If I ever have time, there are so many TV shows I could I get to watch if I ever have time for this, Like I've never seen a moment of Game of Thrones. I could go way back to catch up on some of this stuff I've certainly never seen. I've never seen a second of Yellowstone or many of the other shows that I hear everybody watches all the time. Right, Well, there's a prominent movie star who is making movies with God.
Speaker 1: Now. Jack will reveal in a moment or two.
Speaker 2: And in his heyday was when I was raising three kids, and I have seen parts of his movies, but I'm not really familiar.
Speaker 1: Let's not show officially.
Speaker 2: Since Joe mentioned that, here we go, I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this it is How did it get to be Wednesday, April the second, the year twenty twenty five. We are Armstrong and getting we approved of this program.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Officially now starting the show according to FCC rules or eggs at Mark, who are still dangerous?
Speaker 1: You can be my ringman anytime, you can be mine. And then they kissed.
Speaker 2: What was that? There was a discussion among the movie fans that I accused myself from you went with top gun to honor Valcomer's death. Oh my god, check in your testicles and go home. What are you all revealed yourself as gay?
Speaker 1: Wow? This is this is going home? Be part of this? Wow?
Speaker 2: Do pick tombstone clips for Valcimer's death. You've got to be freaking kidding me. That's the worst thing the show has ever done.
Speaker 1: Will there's a list Vlkilmer and.
Speaker 2: He, if he was a moment before death, would rise up on his feet and punch you all in the face and then die. His memoirs called Huckleberry, he says it's the greatest thing he ever did. This is an outrage. Will be God, that's an embarrassment. I'm embarrassedment. But just for the listener, I had nothing to do with choosing shirtless teenage girl movies.
Speaker 1: As opposed to the greatest Guy, he's gone too far.
Speaker 2: As opposed to the gosh, he has gone to the coolest guy movie of all time, maybe right up through The Godfather other great god guy movies.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm embarrassed. There's just I have to my chain.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a line of people walking out of here with cardboard boxes like we're the Department of the Labor or something like that.
Speaker 1: That hurt my soul. Wholesale job losses, yep.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Johnny Ringo, it looks like somebody just walked across your grave.
Speaker 1: Or I'm your Huckleberry.
Speaker 2: The title of his memoir is Huckleberry you go with freaking shirtless, oiled up high school girl movies.
Speaker 1: I'm embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I can name like five economists I know more about than I know about Val Kilmer, which is why I recused myself from the discussion. I was talking to somebody last night after the Newsbrooks said I watched Tombstone at least twice a year. They said, wow, Wow, I watched with my kids. Recently we had to watch it again. They liked it so much. It's one of the great guy movies ever.
Speaker 1: Again, I can't. I can't. I don't think I can recover from this. You can be my wing man. I might have to go home.
Speaker 2: You can be madgin very cool if you're a thirteen year old girl watching a movie in a movie theater, that is a very very cool scene.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Jack, go go put some creamer in your coffee and calm down. Oh my god, go go take an ice bath. All right?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that hurt. That hurt my soul. Oh all right, all right, let's move along. I don't think I can. We must, we must, the healing must begin. I'm trying to think of an example of, like, you know, Marlon Brando dies and you pick, I'd have to come up with something as ridiculous as him being in Top Gun and say that's the clip of Marlon Brando's career. There you go, one of those late movies is in his career. He slept, walked through sleepwalk.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez. Okay, we got Katie's headlines on the way, we got mail bag my gude, and I hope some freaking clips from Tombstone. Yeah, she misses on the way. Stay tuned.
Speaker 2: If you're just tuning in, it'd be impossible to explain these texts, so I won't.
Speaker 1: At least it was a line from Willow. I don't even know that one.
Speaker 2: Marlon Brando, the star of the Island of Doctor Moreau, died today.
Speaker 1: We got a bunch of those. That's a good one, Jack, I agree with you regarding Tombstone and val Klimmer Kilmer.
Speaker 2: I'm mounting a boycott'll be outside the studio channing Jack and Joe No, no, no, repeat, repeat, Wow powerful stuff. Liam Neeson passed away to day star of Taken five. I agree, wow, wow, wow.
Speaker 1: I just I won't stand for this apiece of the staff.
Speaker 2: Let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie gree and Katie take it away.
Speaker 3: Well, get ready, Jack, run the Associated Press. Valve Kilmer top gun and Batman star dies at sixty five.
Speaker 1: That's right. I saw that the Great Batman. They did that in the New York Post.
Speaker 2: I was horrified, But then I realized they did a separate piece only on Tombstone to talk about it, because that's the one the critics loved so much, and he got nominated for an Oscar and name of his memoir and all that sort of stuff. That is way more Val Kilmer talk than we need on any one show.
Speaker 1: Probably for ABC. Trump's Liberation Day.
Speaker 3: Arrives as he gambles big on risky tariff policy.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I'd say we're talking about this yesterday. Anybody who thinks, you know, he's just answering to Wall Street or this or that, or just going along to satisfy.
Speaker 1: The Mega Bay, He is.
Speaker 2: Laying it all on the line for history, because this could be one of the biggest mistakes in presidential ever. Uh yeah, yeah, given some of the effects on the economy and consumer spending and investment, and might have especially combined with some of the tax ideas they're talking about. Yeah, he could just see all of his support, certainly from moderates, vanishing the blank of an eye. Who knows or not, I don't know. We will see, but it's not the safe play. There's no way you can claim this is the safe play.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, And remember when I predicted with certainty that Joe Biden would not be on the ballot in November year and a half before he withdrew. I am at the polar opposite end of my predictive abilities in terms of what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Not a clue from.
Speaker 3: Brightbar dot com. Susan Crawford, winner of Wisconsin's Supreme Court election keeping Court's liberal majority.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's a couple of things on this.
Speaker 2: Robbie suave of a reason he was tweeting out last night because he knows this. Study after study after study has shown you can't influence elections that much with money, but people keep trying. Everybody always talks about how much money spent, but that's generally doesn't have any effects.
Speaker 1: And off your special elections.
Speaker 3: Hoof from USA today, as I ran tensions build, US military moves warplanes to reinforce the Middle East.
Speaker 2: I've got some information on that. It is very provocative there. It's more than just moving warplanes. It's moving warplanes that you don't move unless you're gonna use them.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay.
Speaker 3: From Katie Grimes at the cal Globe, April Fool's Day.
Speaker 1: Bills to disallow.
Speaker 3: Trans women in girls sports killed by Assembly committee.
Speaker 2: Both bills, two bills Republicans tried to get through in California so dudes can't be in girls' sports, and they both got shot down. And I listen to NPR and they're playing the happy people with quivering voices. Thank god, we've stood up against these people to allow fairness or something or other trans women are women, and if the governor, if the governor of the state had any testicles, and actually, you know, was worried about running for president, he'd come out and say something about this, wouldn't he you know, he hinted at it in that podcast. Oh yeah, shouldn't he be out and proud today and say that was a mistake. Reporters asked him, what do you think of these bills?
Speaker 1: He said, I'm not familiar. I haven't seen them.
Speaker 2: Okay, how about work for Kamala Harris staying out of these issues?
Speaker 1: Gavin and finally the Babylon Bee.
Speaker 3: Actual Nazis struggling to stand out now that everyone.
Speaker 1: Is a Nazi.
Speaker 2: This is the golden age at driving around with a swastik on your vehicle because you could just clay, oh it was graffiti. You see one of your fellow Nazis, You're like, sighile. But to anybody you're trying to pass by, you say, ah, yeah, they painted it on there.
Speaker 1: Especially if you got a tesla, you could have a Nazi burned in your yard.
Speaker 2: You could will yeah.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: Research from Climate Central suggests climate change is fueling these increasingly tough conditions. As the earth warms and spring gets longer, plants have more time to grow.
Speaker 1: That means earlier pollen releases.
Speaker 4: Plus more spring glooms throwing extra pollen into the air, and a shorter free season also means the problems keep going later into the fall. To minimize the impact of allergies, experts recommend you avoid outdoor activity between four pm and sunset, keep your windows closed, wash your clothing, and shower when you get home.
Speaker 2: Uh. Of course, the story about how it's a really, really bad allergy season all across the country has to start with climate change, of course, So of course, sell the handkerchief you used to wipe your nose because it was cold, and buy a handkerchief you used to wipe your nose because you have allergies.
Speaker 1: The climate changes, deal with it. One before one more text before things that matter. Jack.
Speaker 2: My husband completely lost his s two last night when I was playing hot Shot Clips and not Tombstone the funniest thing ever, and I angered a World War II buff Huh with my description of who had technological prowess? Yeah, many paragraphs about that. Wow, Well, I will review them. I will internalize the information and never make such an egregious mistake again, so thank you for weighing in. Speaking of warfare, President made a statement the other day that was rather blunt, to the effect of, if Roan tries to get a bomb, we will bomb them. If they try to get a nuke, we're gonna bomb, We're going to take him out. Or somebody is what do you say, Well, some of that effect, and I don't know how that could not be our policy. Iran is the weakest they've ever been. I remember Ina Bremer agreed with that statement. Iran is the weakest they've ever been. Nobody in the world thinks the world is better if Iran has a bomb, except Iran.
Speaker 1: We got to. We have to.
Speaker 2: It'd be crazy not to. I just don't know if the world does that sort of thing anymore. Preemptive strikes in general, Right, you're a major, I mean a war starting preemptive strike.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We got this email from a from al anonymous. Time is running short for deployment of B two bombers points to coming action. As noted earlier, this is a quote from a bigger piece. The US has moved nearly half of its entire B two Spirit stealth bomber flyable fleet to the Indian O out post of Diego Garcia. In addition, close to twenty tanker aircraft were also moved to the base, effectively given the B twos, effectively giving the B twos the range need to attack any target in the region and specifically Iran. So why does the B two represent a threat to Iran as opposed to other possible targets in the Middle East. The hooth these isis connected groups, etc. Chiefly, it's all about what the planes carry and drop. The Spirit can deliver the not to be confused with Spirit Airlines Jack, which just carries people who can't afford to kits on more expensive airlines. The Spirit can deliver the GBU fifty seven, a thirty thousand pound bunker buster. These quote massive bombs are among the few believe capable of destroying buried and hardened complexes like Iran's nuclear sites at Fort Ou and Naton, and nobody has those but US analyt's say this forward deployment of B twos to Diego Carcia from the regular base at Whitman, Missouri, will allow the aircraft faster turnarounds in a sustained not one off off, but a sustained bombing campaign. For reference to Whitman's about sixty eight hundred miles from Iran, Diego Garcia is about thirty one hundred miles. Another issue that points to coming action. The B twos rely on. This is the part I found really really interesting. Well, I guess the first part's the most interesting. But yeah, that would be the biggest military action since March two thousand and three, wouldn't it state bombing campaign on a major country?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 2: The B twos rely on coating slash skin technology developed specifically for this version of US stealth aircraft that is notoriously high maintenance. To maintain their full capability capabilities, the spirits must be hangared, and space at Diego Garcia is at a premium, especially when it comes to preferred air conditioned spaces Man, this is a high literally a high maintenance girlfriend this plane.
Speaker 1: The lack of hangar.
Speaker 2: Space means that some of the B twos are being left outside in the weather, left out in the elements for two long The airplane's stealth coatings, the skins require very expensive and time consuming refurbishment, which would also remove them from any other assignment for months at a time. The obvious point if you're still waking up being you don't do this casually. There is a significant cost, especially if they're sitting there for a long time. So it seems unlikely that they would be so worth noting that Aron is believed to have secured assurances from China Russia that they will safeguard the regime, bolster it's nuclear ambitions, and help it obtain nuclear weapons before the potentially lenient deadline set by Trump, regardless of the fallout. Rancies the moves being made, and they know the clock is ticking. So this should be another thing that is not the safe play for Donald Trump if he wants to stay popular, you know, launching a major war. Anytime you do that, things can go sideways in ways that are completely unpredictable. Yeah, on the politics side, it would be a little challenging for the Democrats, especially you know, out side of her Rashida, to leave lunatics to stand up in defense of the Mullahs. I mean, that's that'd be a weird, a weird stance to take. They would find a way to do it, but I don't think it'd be the very powerful politically, And second, point. This seems to be another example of Trump is like, yeah, I don't really care about the polls. I'm doing what's best long term.
Speaker 1: I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: I think we absolutely should try to take out their nuclear capability. I just can't imagine why we wouldn't. And once they have a bomb, I mean, man, that changes the structure. You see how we react to Russia and their invasion of Ukraine, which Iran you know, gets more aggressive than they have been over the last since nineteen seventy nine, and they've got nuclear weapons. Right, Yeah, I read a piece. I wish I could remember where it was. I don't want to impugne the wrong source, but the argument essentially was, well, you've already got like Pakistan and a couple other countries that aren't very good, you know, countries with the bombs, So why would you go to a lot of trumbled you know, knockout Iron's program?
Speaker 1: And I thought that that is.
Speaker 2: The weakest, stupidest argument I've ever heard, and it was in it was in a reputable publication.
Speaker 1: I remember that Just silly.
Speaker 2: The problem is, I said, when you when you launch a war, you never know how things are going to turn out, and so you could have.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a tragic story over the weekend where a.
Speaker 2: Big some sort of hum vy or truck or whatever over in there in Europe got stuck in the mud and we got four soldiers drowned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just horrible story.
Speaker 2: In Lithuania was yeah, Lithuania, or a couple of weeks ago, a plane went down I think here in the United States and killed like six guys. You could have you could have an accident where you lose twenty people and all of a sudden, that's going to be look at the incompetent Trump administration, Pete heggsth et cetera, et cetera. Yeah, it'll be all that turn into Carter's down fall, the mission to rescue the hostages in or on Acting seventy nine.
Speaker 1: So but but I think, I think, I think we got to do it.
Speaker 2: What was it? I heard something really great yesterday. This is a tangent, but I want to Hey, let me throw this in. You're a neo Khan there now you don't have to bother writing your email. This is a bit of a tangent. So, but it's kind of along these lines. It goes back to the old days when people would argue that sort of thing about the United States or the Soviet Union. You know, we we we tell other countries what to do. They tell other countries what to do. They got lots to nuclear weapons, We got lots of nuclear you know, just that sort of thing. Where do we get off acting like we're better than they are by being better than they are? And the famous line from William F. Buckley was that is looking at it like you got a guy who pushes an old woman out of the way so she doesn't get hit by a bus, and you got a guy who pushes an old woman in front of a bus, and the headline you go with his old man man pushes old woman.
Speaker 1: You can't act like they're both the same thing. Yeah, I mean that is.
Speaker 2: The view of like US versus US, versus Iran or any of these countries. What's your intent? What are you trying to do on the world stage? And I can picture that sort of person saying that sort of thing, and they're probably educated. They think that makes them sound really enlightened and really above the stupid jingoistic quote unquote patriot idiots who know nothing about the world. Oh, just laying the groundwork for this, because this could happen any day, this attack on Iran, and it's gonna be a big deal. This is not, I think from everything I've read, because there was a lot about it in Bob Woodwards book and David Sanger's book that I read, and New York Times has stuff about it.
Speaker 1: This will be a big deal.
Speaker 2: This won't be one of those it happens overnight and it makes it the third page of the news.
Speaker 1: This will be a giant story.
Speaker 2: I think maybe I could get on Mike Walts's signal chat and figure out if it's going on now. It might start it already, but be prepared for the He's just doing this to distract from the dropping stock market or whatever, the tariffs which are designed to help the rich, right that sort of thing. The rich are looking at their stock portfolio and saying.
Speaker 1: It isn't working.
Speaker 2: We've got mail bag on the way to bunch of other stuff. Any thoughts on any of these things? Text line four one nine KFTC. The administration has admitted that deported at least one man to that horrifying Salvador in prison. That was a mistake. I mean they said, yeah, that that guy. We shouldn't have sent him there. So yeah, he's a gang guy, but he had a specific do not deport on him that for reasons of refugee status. So yeah, it was moving a little too fast, a little too loose. I mean, I'm not shocked. It's not like he was, you know, only a suburban dad and little league coach, born and raised in Omaha Baptist.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Redheaded Baptist. No, no, but it was definitely a mistake. Here's your freedom loving.
Speaker 1: Quote of the day.
Speaker 2: I decided, since we were talking about war, to look for quotes about war, and the Google AI overview gave me a couple of dozen in three groups on the futility of war, on the human cost of war, on the importance of peace. I like this one, and then I hate it. Have Locke Ellis says, I don't know who that is. There is nothing that war has ever achieved that we cannot better achieve without it. That's the dumbest thing. You were a moron. If you say that out loud, I would just get up and walk out of the room. If an adult said that a lot, because you can't engage with them. No, No, that's a very dopey point of view. Oh my god, John Kennedy. On the other hand, what if the other side wants to go to war, then what do you do? We could have better achieved it with peace. Yeah, I just that's that is greeting card rhetoric. I mean, he's not wrong exactly, but that's that's the sort of thing people say because they don't want to engage in the really difficult decisions of adulthood of reality. Right mail bag was a note mail bag at Armstrong Andngetti dot com. That's the kind of guy that's gonna watch Top Gun in honor of Val Kilmer as opposed to Tombstone.
Speaker 1: That guy right there, that's too harsh.
Speaker 2: Jack asides your Bob Wright's on the topic of the Wisconsin Supreme Court saying, I guess I'll just call my boss this morning and tell him to f write off. The end of civilization is near, according to Elon, and I'm not gonna spend what a little time we have left working.
Speaker 1: Good point, Bob. Let's see.
Speaker 2: Barry from Thailand, who was actually from the US but he's in Thailand, says, for all the good Musk has done, he who really needs to stay under the radar for a while. He's becoming like the brother who lives in the White House. Keep doing good stuff, Elon, but quietly, Yeah, well the Democrat won there in Wisconsin, and how much it had to do with Elon?
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 2: But the left the mainstream media is acting like it was a referendum on Elon. Clearly that the whole election was a referendum on Elon. None of us live in Wisconsin and saw all the ads or have any idea what either of the judges are like personality wise or anything like that. Right, it's just a referendum on Elon. If the mainstream media can successfully make it a referendum on Elon for the twenty twenty six midterms, Oh god, dang it, you're gonna get tired of hearing about Elon. Musk oh Tesla stock first quarterdown thirteen percent. Numbers just came out today, too late. Already I'm already tired of hearing about him. Not what he's doing, just hearing about it. Yesterday was it Monday?
Speaker 1: I brought up?
Speaker 2: I read an email from a chap who said, Hey, the illustration you gave of price controls and socialism by telling a story about a dairy farmer, and you couldn't find.
Speaker 1: The right episode.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's not that you have two cows in communism X and socialism.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 2: I know that that's very good and very funny, but this is something different, So please stop writing those emails.
Speaker 1: But Matt, why buy the cow for the milk is free? Is that one?
Speaker 2: No, that's a different one too, Matt writes, Guys, just use chat GPT. It'll tell you in three seconds. Check out this interaction. How easy he was to find the info. Here's what he did. What's the episode of Armstrong and Geddy where Joe explains socialism by telling a story about a dairy farmer in fraction of a second? It appears that Joe Getty discussed socialism using a dairy farmer analogy and at least two episodes of the Armstrong Getty on demand podcast Oh My God. The first instance is in the episode titled Hell Yeah Say That out Loud, published approximately seven months ago. Second occurrence is in the ang replay Thursday Hour four, released about three months ago. In both episodes, Joe uses the example of a dairy farmer to illustrate economic principles relating to price controls and government intervention.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, and then gives the date of the episode so I can find it on Armstrong. You getting on demand so in the near.
Speaker 2: Future it's going to be was the name of that girl she always wore a ponytail sat next to me in fourth grade English class. That was Jenny Jones Jack She's grown up, cute as a button too.
Speaker 1: Would you like me to reach out via Facebook? Right? I hear her marriage is on the rocks? Whoa cha GVT?
Speaker 2: Whoa? She mentioned you the other day to a friend and got a far off look in her eye. How about this bridget and beautiful Hillsborg, California. Guys, I'm one hundred percent with you on college needing a complete, almost uber esque overhaul after completing my sociology degree. Sorry Joe at Johns Hopkins. You know at least one of my kids has a worthless degree. It's just what they were really really into. Anyway, I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up. The best thing that happened to me was joining a consumer products division at a major company, where I got to see in real time, in the real world what each department of this vertically integrated business did I got to see sales, operations, finance, production, HR, legal and marketing. After a year, I knew that my path was marketing and never looked back. That's what college needs to be a place where students can be in different work environments to identify their desired path.
Speaker 1: What was that word in there?
Speaker 2: Though? I think that word in there that that's where, that's where the work. I'm not sure that how often that happened? Yeah, yeah, there's that. Let's say I've learned more about sleep chronotypes. We can talk about that in a little while. Yeah, we got a story today Katie dug up about what was that? Oh, screen time and going to sleep a new study. Yeah, Katie's probably a dolphin. Jack is a wolf or a dolphin in terms of sleeping. I'd rather be a hammer than a nail.
Speaker 1: Let's see. And this is al Anonymous.
Speaker 2: I think the cold plunge sounds terrible, but his life changing unheated pool works great. I thought about that the other day. I got a pool in the backyard that's freezing cold right now.
Speaker 1: He does it before bedtime. Oh god, four three four days a week.
Speaker 2: Even if I could do it the first day, I just don't think I could do it. The next night, I'd stand there and think why am I doing this? And then Scott brings up quite correctly that if you're gonna paint a swastik on a car for being a literal Nazi, there's a much better brand nominee. Okay that Old Ah himself may have helped get going back in the day in Germany, but they're not freaking Nazzies.
Speaker 1: And either is the on? Quit? What the swastik is you? Moron?
Speaker 2: What's the swastik in Tesla? Is it all because of that wave they claim was a Seghile? Is that the whole thing?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, it's that he's banding with Trump and having federal workers fired. That proves he's a Nazi. He's on Trump's side. Trump's a fascist, He's the new Hitler.
Speaker 1: Where have you been? Man?
Speaker 2: Trying to make government smaller makes you a Nazi? Everybody knows that. Are you a closeted Nazi yourself? I'm beginning to wonder I'm gonna pay a swastik on him.
Speaker 1: More an hour two? I hope you can stick around Armstrong and getdy