Speaker 1: The Nicky Gliser Podcast.
Speaker 2: Glaser here, I am welcome to the show. It's Nicky Glazer Podcast. This is our second podcast from the super Bowl. We're here at Radio Row and we're just sitting here in between shows being like we got to find a guest, Like it's hard to like make eye contact with the right people and be like are you free? You don't want to bug anyone because it's kind of winding down here, And then I come back from the bathroom and Brian's wearing a Colts jersey and then what happened?
Speaker 1: Tell me the story by Yeah, Rodney Thomas, who is safety for the Colts. Incredible story, went to Harvard Yale. I'm sorry, I knew it was Ivy League, but there's not a lot of Yale people in the NFL. Is that right, LOUI? Okay, yeah, YouTube, Yeah, I mean that's pretty crazy. No, I mean, who's Harvard? There's like nobody.
Speaker 2: I mean, why are you looking at me?
Speaker 1: Ian Fitzpatrick?
Speaker 3: Did you go there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think he went there. I'll know to say his name, his last name, but fullback.
Speaker 3: Oh you check? Yeah, Oh he went to Harvard.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being our first guest on the episode here today because I whoever you're with kind of just made a joke of like, oh, this is your favorite thing to do interviews your agent, Your agent, Oh my god, is like Jerry Maguire. You're so Jerry Maguire. You're making moves. You're getting your guy on. Yeah, he looks like he'd be amazing.
Speaker 1: Rodney Thomas is amazing. He came on people's radar. I feel like it was last year during the Chiefs game, you started slamming people. I mean it was crazy, like you were you weren't a starter at the time, and then you started slamming people like these are really important tackles, like they were about to score and you just came in and wiped people out and we wound up winning that game. Yeah, I mean that was crazy. And then you started starting shortly after that it was undeniable, like this guy can wipe out people, just fix everything.
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: Why is it so incredible to slam people? Are you supposed to slay him?
Speaker 1: The last guy, he's the last defender on the field. If they get past him, they score, right, And this was against the Chiefs, your favorite team.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'm swifty. It has nothing to do with players.
Speaker 1: And made Patrick mahonks very sad that day because we shouldn't have beaten that good. That was amazing. I mean you were you were great.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it, Yeah, and it's all paid off for you. We're in the Jersey.
Speaker 1: Well, we're in xire Franklin, Jersey. Okay, this is not everyone's calling me Dallas Clark and I'm like, no, it's xire frank Okay.
Speaker 2: And what number are you?
Speaker 3: Twenty five?
Speaker 2: That's a good number. Were you happy with that? Do you get that or do you pick it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: They gave it to me, but it was it was close to what I had, like in college twenty six college?
Speaker 2: Do you have in college?
Speaker 1: Twenty six?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Twenty five before the war twenty five when I was like, I like, I think like ten or eleven like around there.
Speaker 2: Oh great, So you're it's a great number. That's the age at which you can rent a Definitely, that's fucking good. That's a good it's a good number.
Speaker 1: What did you major in college?
Speaker 3: Political science?
Speaker 1: Oholical science?
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Also we had business there, so that was like the closest thing you can do. Ye like that broad like umbrella.
Speaker 3: Like do whatever you want with did.
Speaker 1: You give a ship about your academics like you have to Yale?
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I mean what did it So when you're when you're at Yale and you're going to school there and you're on the football team, like did the professors it's like at a regular school, Like it's not IVY League. If you went to Alabama, they'd be like, don't worry about this class. What do they do at Yale for you?
Speaker 5: No? They definitely they stay on you to make sure like you're on top of your work, you're on top of a like tests and like anything like that, Like they got they got people in there like in place like they help you out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make it better to make sure you don't mess up. No, definitely, But you're like a smart guy. I mean, how did you get into Yale? I mean what were you like in high school?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: I don't pay attention to class in high school. When you're that good at football, you got to do both.
Speaker 2: I mean that's amazing. Are you someone that needs to sleep?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Not? Really?
Speaker 5: This is what I can function off like like two hours of sleep.
Speaker 2: This is this is a different type of person. This is a person that is elite in different fields like this.
Speaker 1: It's it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I get my chance, like I'll sleep all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can catch up.
Speaker 3: What kind of Uh, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: The NFL is.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by sleep Number I think or temp Repedick.
Speaker 1: We can't say.
Speaker 2: So we can't say, I'm sure, but it says something like seventy percent of the people players in the NFL.
Speaker 7: True.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well that's what they did is they went to the NFL and they said, who wants a temper Pedick will give you one if you want one sleep number whatever it is, sleep number. Okay, so sleep number.
Speaker 3: Said that they give you like a code or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but every year code.
Speaker 2: But they just have them in their guest houses. I mean, and there you know what I mean. But everyone's like that's but let's not get into that. And I'm sure that you're not endorsing anything I'm saying, but uh, what do you get Like, do you have any nicknames because you came from you know, do like your teammates call you?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: No, I've had it depends like I've had all types of like nicknames like like just coming up since like baseball is like I was like super young.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you played baseball as well.
Speaker 3: I played.
Speaker 5: I played all types of stuff I was. I was football, basketball, track, black football. Uh, I think that's it.
Speaker 1: Were you very popular in high schoolball? Of course you were, like you were like number one you think? I mean I had How tall? Are you like the two six to high school?
Speaker 2: Smart?
Speaker 3: High school?
Speaker 2: I mean you were that tall in high school?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't grow until like going into my senior season, like I was like five three my freshman year okay, and then stomore year like five five like around there, and then but like junior season, like I came back, I shot up like crazy.
Speaker 2: I came back like okay, that's one. But you were already popular before them, No? Yeah, like yeah, yeah?
Speaker 6: Hell?
Speaker 1: Were you like dating the best people? And just like what's your dating life like right now?
Speaker 4: Dating?
Speaker 3: I'll single right now?
Speaker 2: Are you on Rayah? Are you on Riyah?
Speaker 3: I'm on it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So is it popping off right now in Vegas?
Speaker 1: I really don't know how Okay, you haven't checked it yet.
Speaker 3: That's people told me about it. I got it.
Speaker 2: How old are you know?
Speaker 1: Twenty five?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Like your number?
Speaker 2: Man, that's your golden year. That's so exciting being single famous.
Speaker 1: What's the like, what's the scene that Riya is seen in Indianapolis?
Speaker 3: Like that real? Real?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: How do you date people?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: Just people?
Speaker 2: What is this the nineties? Yeah? Okay, so you're just going out now and in person?
Speaker 5: I mean you can got a person like you see people like online, Like there's a bunch of ways you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just slide in and you got that blue check mark and you're you're good looking, and you're tall, and you're successful and smart and a thank you have no problem.
Speaker 1: Football, he'd still be a catch, yes, I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, look at this.
Speaker 1: Kid, ivy tall. I mean it's just like at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, well, what gets you down? Can we talk about what's bad about your life? Yeah? Can you like tell us something that's we don't need to get too personal, you like, what what's something that will get you down on a day where you like, this is a bad day, it was the less.
Speaker 1: Bad day, sep all day because not because you want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, we know that successful, great people can get depressed sometimes too. So let's not act like he is a perfect life because everyone struggles.
Speaker 5: Definitely a perfect life, but I try not to like let none like like really get to me really like really none like get me down. I try to always stay like spinally like different things like that.
Speaker 3: Or even if it's like something like bad happening, okay.
Speaker 5: Like just spin it and like get like a positive out of it and then just focus on that.
Speaker 2: I guess, Okay, when's the last time you spun something like I'm trying to think of, like you.
Speaker 5: Know, I mean, you got you gotta spend some really like every week like during the season, like football is a bunch of ups and downs and things like that, like like injuries, losing games, so you always got to like you always gotta find like good like and everything, like nothing's always one hundred.
Speaker 2: Good And is that something that sports has taught you and you've had to find that mentality just surviving it?
Speaker 5: Definitely, Yeah, just because like just like very simple like sports, like like you.
Speaker 3: Lose a game, like you can't just go in the hole and then lose.
Speaker 5: Like the rest of like the next like thirty games, like you gotta like houns back, come back.
Speaker 3: You did wrong with different things like.
Speaker 5: That, Yeah, you okay, like what you did, what you did good, what you did wrong, and just try to correct it.
Speaker 2: It's so mental, I think. I mean, obviously everyone knows that sports is not just a physical thing. But I think in the past few years i've kind of just from watching enough thirty for thirties, I've learned of like what a mental sport it is. And do you do you know, I've read a lot of books that are I'm a comedian and so I have, you know, a certain level that I perform as well. And visualization, Yeah, I do stand up? Do you do visualization of you doing winning? And like do you practice meditation things like that?
Speaker 5: No, definitely, you got to you gotta like see yourself like making the plays before you make them. Yes, So, but that just all comes with like like you rerapping in practice like a bunch of times, like film work, just seeing like keys and like tendencies, different things like that. So it's all like repetition, repetition, repetition, like you see it like over and over again, and then like once you set on the field, like you you've already you've already been over You've already like went through it like a bunch of times, so you know exactly what to do.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, so you're not fucking around. You know how to work hard, you know how to study clearly. I mean that's gotta be a huge advantage because watching tape back, which is a part of doing stand up as well, you got to watch what went wrong, and it's and it's horrible to watch for me to watch myself not do the way I want to do. When you watch tape back where you've done something wrong? Is that is that hard to watch her? Are you able to separate you?
Speaker 3: It is always hard to watch. It's horrible, Right, that's always hard to watch.
Speaker 2: Are there's some guys that just won't do it, won't do it, We'll watch tape like because yeah, yeah, yeah, but what's Manziel? Johnny Manziel he never watched tape.
Speaker 1: He never watched it.
Speaker 2: That's what I learned from his thirty for thirty And that was his downfall was that he was naturally very talented, but he didn't do the work off the field because he was just skirting by on like, no, I'm just great out there when I am, And that works to it a certain extent, but he would never he would never review what he had done. Yeah, And that's what watching that helped me with stand up where I was like, I'm kind of doing the Manzel thing where I'm like, I got it. You gotta do the work off the field too, because.
Speaker 5: Even like when you're out there and you're doing it like in m I feel a certain way, and then once you go back and look at.
Speaker 3: It, like it looks way different.
Speaker 2: Than what exactly you look in your mind, looks so much cooler.
Speaker 5: But now looking back at it like that definitely at least it helps me because like I said, like i'd be like I'll get confused, like I feel like I did something like a certain way, and now I'll look back on the film and I'll.
Speaker 1: Be like, WHOA, Okay.
Speaker 5: But but like that that'd be like I said, like that helps me, Like yeah, but this is just part of it.
Speaker 2: Can I ask and this is maybe just does this this dumb question when you've really fucked up out there right and you just literally drop the ball and you go back in the locker room your team is lost? Is it just like dead quiet? Can you like hear a pin drop? And are people mad at you? Or is everyone is it?
Speaker 1: What's the vibe?
Speaker 2: Are you trying to keep your head low? I don't want to look at anyone. I know what I've done. I need to kind of punish myself. What's the vibe?
Speaker 3: No, it ain't.
Speaker 5: It ain't like you going to the locker room like you're looking around like people pointing fingers like it's never like none of that.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows they hapened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it's just a.
Speaker 5: Game, like bad things happen, like good things happen, like like like bad things happened in the game, but you probably could have did like thirty other things like good in the game, Like it's all it just comes.
Speaker 3: With the sport whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but now it's definitely like I mean, like if you know, like you messed up, you know you messed up, so like a you're not smiling like a boud like you know, definitely not fun.
Speaker 2: And it'll stay with you until the next game.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean did you gotta go? You gotta have it like that, you gotta shake it off. But you got to like remember like what it felt like. Everybody says like remember like what it felt like, but like or don't even know how It's like it's like some type of thing just like don't forget the feeling or something. But like remember how it feels. I don't probably don't know, but you just got to take it as motivation and you gotta use that as like another like reason, like to get better, come back and approve different things like that. Yes, so you don't you don't do the same thing again from last week the next.
Speaker 2: My god, I'm so excited about your life. You have your whole life.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's got that mentality.
Speaker 2: And you're in it. You just start like, how long you've been.
Speaker 3: There's my next year, next year gonna be my third year.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're in it. They're not like you don't feel like it's like new to you anymore.
Speaker 1: The time of your career years, he's got two years of agent's gonna like this, he's got two years to get that second contract.
Speaker 3: This is it.
Speaker 5: No, definitely, it's definitely crushed. It's great every year, every year crush. Yeah, you got you gotta bring it every year.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited to watch you grow and uh and to have met you. Thank you so much for being on the podcast. Just such a natural. Yeah, you're the best. All right, we'll be right back after this. All right, we're back, Rodney Thomas.
Speaker 1: That was so cool.
Speaker 2: That was so cool.
Speaker 1: Can he like you got recognized? I was your jersey. Yes, I was standing here in my jersey. And then his agent came up and said, are you a Colts fan?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: And I said yeah, And then he he brought he was a great agent. He said, do you know who this is? And I was and I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I saw the light in your eyes. Wake up when you realize who it was.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, because it's hard to recognize football. They were wearing helmets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and but no, the most boring sport for girls to watch because you can't see how hot the guys are.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Mostly, well you can see the butts, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you used to be able to see the like their stomachs back when you used to have their stomachs exposed.
Speaker 1: They outlawed that during that Why did they outlaw that?
Speaker 2: It was such a hot look.
Speaker 1: But no, it was amazing. I mean, Rodney Thomas is one of the best new players on the Colts and it's great to meet him. He's a great guy.
Speaker 2: Always because of your your jersey.
Speaker 1: Zire Franklin jersey. He's also a great defensive player on the Colts. Yeah, and I stand by what I said, this guy. I clocked this guy last season. I know he is drowning he thinks, so seems like he's not. He's not really.
Speaker 2: Because he's not drowning in it. He's comfortably floating in it. Yeah, there's that guy has no worries in life.
Speaker 1: And he was popular in high school. And he was like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't like yeah, like what are you crazy? Yeah, it was just like yeah, like that's that's a It was.
Speaker 1: Almost like he had a flood of memories of him being popular pop into his brain. He smiled wistfully. And how popular I know.
Speaker 2: And then you know, he'll turn thirty five and I worry.
Speaker 1: He's yale. I mean he's yeah, he'll be fine to fall back on something. Yeah, but he's got a good career ahead of him. He's uh, he's good.
Speaker 2: He's good.
Speaker 1: He's not one of those guys that you know, he's at his pivotal point in his career where if he does poorly the next two years, he might not get a second contract, and then he's on a practice squad and then all of a sudden, he's not gonna.
Speaker 2: Keep doing that slam and stuff that you were talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's really he's an equalizer out there. Yeah all right, Yeah, anyway, that was exciting. I mean, it's hard to explain what it was like, I can't. It's not like meaning Taylor Swift or something, but it was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, but it's like it's meeting uh Bill Burr.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like okay for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw your eyes light up when you realized who it was.
Speaker 1: It's so cool. That's crazy to meet an athlete.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you what my biggest moment this week or this today has been. Well, first of all, it's been all of our guests have been really nice and it's but Chris and I were walking around. We left you in ally at Pat mccaffee's show.
Speaker 1: Pat McAfee. Yeah, now that I think I.
Speaker 2: Said it the correct way, Pat McAfee McAfee, Pat McAfee, Yeah, yeah, we left you watching his show. And then we kept walking and we saw Issa Ray. There's some celebrities here, I like, really dressed up in nice looking and I was like, I think I dressed poorly for this, Like it turns out I dressed fine, Like I didn't know what to wear. You're trying to be like sporty and casual, but you also like want to you know.
Speaker 1: You don't want to seem like a regular. You don't want to seem like you're one of the producers. You want to seem like you're.
Speaker 2: Supposed to be on a Yes, yeah, yes, you want to feel like talent. I just didn't know what the dress code would be, so I wore Taylor Swift Chiefs inspired shirt and then I wore like a tennis skirt that like, this black tennis skirt is fin It's a fine outfit. But I was feeling a little bit like why are you what did you kind of got the dress code wrong? And I expressed that to Chris. And then I went to the bathroom and I was in there like furiously touching up my makeup and trying to brush my hair and like with a clip. Like it was just like I was just feeling ragged in there. And then I saw this girl and she was washing her hands and I was like, her outfits so cute. She nailed it, Like she is just smart, like like just a smart look and like really perfect hair and makeup. But she doesn't look like she's trying to art, but she looks amazing. And she on the way out, was like, I just want to say I'm obsessed with your outfit and I want to Can I interview you later about your outfit? Wow, She's like here for some kind of fashion.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And she was like, you nailed the love.
Speaker 1: When is that going to happen?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I was like, find me and so other people. Maybe she was a figment of my imagination, an angel that dropped down, But she truly validated everything I'd worried about. It's so nice when something you're worried about gets confirmed right away. I even told her, I was like, thank you for saying that. As I was, you know, touching up my makeup and trying to look caught and using paper towels to like blot away mess care and stuff. It's just like a message.
Speaker 1: No, I think you're that you you struck the right balance. You've got a sporty look that is dressed up a little bit, yes okay, And you don't want to you don't want to walk in here wearing a gown.
Speaker 2: I love Vegas because you can look like shit anytime. Because there's people walking around barefoot.
Speaker 1: Different people who have just lost tens of thousands of dollars over the course.
Speaker 2: Of the night robe the night before, there's some people in Hawaiian shirts, and.
Speaker 1: You know it's a land of extremes.
Speaker 2: Yes it is far, Yes, it's really everything. There's people smoking indoors, which just makes you angry at first, and then you go fuck it. There's you can do anything. In the sound. You were even saying like, I want to do drugs.
Speaker 1: When I'm in Las Vegas. I have this urage to do drugs. Yes, I wanted, I want to cut loose, but it really is a it's a shining pinnacle of capitalism.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited for this weekend because we're done. I'm done with being worried about work after this podcast. I'm not, by the way, right now, I'm not nervous at all. This has been going smooth and swimmingly, and everyone here has been so nice, and everyone we're working with has been so cool and grateful.
Speaker 1: That we're here. And I'm amazing. I mean, I can't believe what's happening. Someone try to.
Speaker 2: Try to do what Rodney was saying, I enjoy it right now.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what the Ala brothers are really saying.
Speaker 2: They were the ones that were saying.
Speaker 1: I mean, I this is why these people are so successful is because of that mindset they have and why they're not comedians. Also, what do you mean? Rodney was like like, I take everything. I turn it into a positive. Even if it's a negative, I spin it. And I don't let things get me down. Because if he let things get him down, he'll spiral out of control and he won't be a great football. It really will throw you outs. Are artists' they're musicians, and they're like there really seem to be appreciating the moment, and they kept saying that we're so excited to meet you guys. It's like you don't know who we are. No, and they still don't. They were still excited.
Speaker 2: That was just what they say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you have to say that I should say.
Speaker 2: But I think that they I think they thought we were a bigger deal. Yeah than we are. They don't know.
Speaker 1: This is I had a big deal thing at that.
Speaker 2: I could have been in the Barbie movie to them, like I could have played you know they don't.
Speaker 1: We could have told them you are a big deal. That's the thing some certain context, but in this context, this is confusing.
Speaker 2: And that's what This is the context I thrive in in which I don't walk around ever thinking I'm a big deal. It's rare that I would ever find myself in the circumstance unless I'm like the star of the night or hosting an event. Then I'm like, Oka, yeah, everyone should know who I am. But this is where this is. It feels like I'm in Saint Louis, you know, like no one gives a fuck who I am. And then that's the way it should be. I feel comfortable.
Speaker 1: You're selling out theaters nationwide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it doesn't matter here. But that's Yeah, there's so many people in the world. You can be huge. You can be the biggest star to some people and a total nobody to the person right next to them.
Speaker 1: And that's lovely. Yes, I like that. I was happy that when the Rodney Thomas's agent was taking pictures, I'm sure he's gonna like put that on Instagram and tag.
Speaker 2: You're going to have to do a Google image reverse search to find out who the fuck I am.
Speaker 1: But so I was so happy and comforted by the fact that once he tags you on Instagram, who'll be like, oh, a million followers.
Speaker 2: Then it'll then it'll she's legit. Yeah, yea, even though I've been at a million for like over.
Speaker 1: A year and a half, you can't get to one point one?
Speaker 2: How can I not get that one point one? I'm just like, I don't When that one point one shows up, I'm gonna be so excited. It'll disappear immediately because it's hinging on. Yea, like four people that are just because you get unfollowed, someone power really care. But it is of note to me that I've been at a million and stuck at that for all just have exponential growth.
Speaker 1: What's going I'm with that? Why? What do you mean? How often are people unfollowing everybody? A lot? I look at I mean I'm at like thirty eight thousand or something, and like every day, like I get like eighteen followers and sixteen unfollows.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's unfollowing. It could be Boughts being caught.
Speaker 1: And from like, there's so many people unfollowing it such a rap.
Speaker 2: Unfollowed people before because they're triggering, or because I'm just tired of their bullshit, or because I don't even know why I followed them in the first place.
Speaker 1: I was like a mistake.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's really rare that I do that. It's just just mute. It's the nicer thing to do.
Speaker 1: Especially if you know them. If you know them, I post so infrequently, but you do stories.
Speaker 2: But I do stories, But it's if you don't look at my stories regularly, they're not popping up for you a lot of times.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't know I have to.
Speaker 1: You post pretty frequently. Are stories on your grid?
Speaker 3: Too?
Speaker 2: Like I don't do that much, but maybe once every two weeks or something. Here's a guy that looks like the coach for the Chiefs walking around and I because I don't know who the coach of the chief is, the Chief's impersonator, but he's really convincing.
Speaker 1: It does look like him a lot. But if he was actually the coach the Chiefs, he'd be surrounded by a lot more people.
Speaker 2: Okay, instead of like just three guys.
Speaker 1: You would not be here at all. I guess he's got a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think he's doing right now? Andy Reid?
Speaker 1: Andy Reid, He's probably in a meeting. Okay, he's probably sitting there going over tape and like talking about what to do I mean, the Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm stressed out for them.
Speaker 1: We're going to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I just checked. You just got our tickets. I checked word section four eleven. I'm so excited because we're in the highest up, which I really like to be. I like to be high up in these arenas when I don't care.
Speaker 1: About what's happening down there the house.
Speaker 2: Really it's not. And it's exciting to be high up because you're just like it's it's kind of thrilling. I'm a little scared of heights, so it gets my adrenaline going. Yeah, and and we have agreed.
Speaker 1: Really exciting.
Speaker 2: But the really exciting thing is that I saw that the sweets and all the booths are beneath where we're sitting, and so I was like, Okay, if Taylor Swift is going to be there, if we're on the side she's on, we do not. We're not gonna be able to see her. This sucks. And then I checked because then I saw we're on the visitor side, and I'll I'm like, please God or the Chiefs, the home team, please, because who knows because we're in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Neither of the teams are super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I just checked and I saw the chiefs of the home team. So we are going to have a shot of her of her suite, and I'm going to get binoculars, like you.
Speaker 1: I mean you're gonna be watching the game within the game. Yes, I don't think there's gonna be a big cheer And you're like, what happened?
Speaker 2: I can't wait to have binoculars because we Ali did look it up and said that you can bring in binoculars because it was like maybe they wouldn't allow that you can bring them in for all the bird watchers there because there are a couple species of birds there. And I I but what I like to do and what I've always wanted to do at these arena, you know spectacles, is I like to pick out someone in the crowd from so far away I could never see them with my blind eye, and I like to zoom in on them with binoculars and just watch them for a really long time, and just knowing that they have no idea someone's watching them so exciting and because I feel like I secretly they want a little lottery. They don't know they're a part of because I just picked them out of nothing. So it's just like it's a cool little thing that I like to do. So I'll be doing a lot of that tomorrow, just zooming in on just one person watched Waiting Till.
Speaker 1: They Pick their nose. No better place to do that than at the super Bowl, because you're gonna be zooming on people that at least they have ten thousand dollars to spend on a football ticket.
Speaker 2: This is insane. So I just found out that there's not like football fans at the super Bowl. It's just people who had hookups to take.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not certainly not people that are fans of the two teams playing, right, they're probably football fans, but yeah, a lot of a lot of corporate just like oh, Microsoft ten tickets goes to a lot of Vegas companies probably yes, And yeah, you're just it's like a perk.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that's crazy to me. So it's it's actually going to be a lot. Like I think I've been watching the Taylor Swift eras tour. She's back on tour. She's doing the international tour and she's in Tokyo this week. And if you listen to she does these you know every show she does two secret songs where it's like acoustic and she's just playing guitar, she's just playing piano, and the songs out of Tokyo. During these moments, you it's you can just hear her voice so perfectly. No one's making a single sound, because in Japan everyone's respectful of each other. If they're taking video during the show, they put the phone right in front of their face so as not to block someone else's view. Americans are just like over someone else's line.
Speaker 1: It's like, so they put it right up under their face the concert in the other person's phone in front of you can't help it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so you listen to these videos and it's you can hear her so perfectly. It sounds like she's doing rehearsal in empty stadium. It's so I have to remember to go see my favorite artists in Tokyo from now or in Japan, because that is where people, the fans are most respectful. But that sounds like the Super Bowl. It's like not gonna be that buck wild. It's gonna be like pretty well behaved and they're all like sitting next to their boss.
Speaker 1: People say that the best game of the year are the AFC and NFC championship games. That's the game before the Super Bowl. Okay, gotcha, that's in a home stadium. The fans could not be more excited, and everyone's going insane. And then you know, those games are usually a little bit better too, because the teams know each other a little bit more and they're playing week to week. With the Super Bowl, there's all this fanfare, there's a there's two weeks between the it's just building up so much, just building up so much. And at the beginning of every Super Bowl there's always like some hiccups, like when the like when the Saints played the I believe Okay, yeah, one year, the first play of the Super Bowl, the uh they hiked the ball and it went way over the quarterback's head and rolled into the end zone and it was a safety first play the game. I don't know what that means. Yeah, and it's it's really crazy, but is it really crazy, really colossal fuck up in the first play of the game, And that's just what happens. You got to get shake off those.
Speaker 2: Those Wait what about like I saw recently a guy you know, when they throw it through their legs behind them, of course you.
Speaker 1: Do okay, hiking it.
Speaker 2: They hiked it and then snap the guy. He hiked it too high and the guy missed it. Like, I've never seen a hike not go through.
Speaker 1: That's very rare, right, that would very rare. It happens that once in a while. It's so embarrassing when it does.
Speaker 2: Is it someone? Is it like a comedian going on stage and then the mic cord.
Speaker 1: Falls out of the mic.
Speaker 2: When they take it out of the MIC's sand, it's just an instant thing that makes you look like you don't know what you're doing, even if you do.
Speaker 1: He hiked it and went over the quarterbacks. Yeah, yeah, it's worse than the wire coming out of the mic, because at least with that you can put it back in and be like it's cool, it's cool, yeah, and get you hike it over the quarterback's head. That play is ruined and then the quarterbacks gotta go run and get it. Least it's like a.
Speaker 2: Does everyone just go what the fuck just happened?
Speaker 1: It looks like the Three Stooges. When that happens, it.
Speaker 2: Feels to me like, remember, yeah, it feels like Rookie of the Year. Remember when he got a really good arm.
Speaker 1: Not really remember that movie. I didn't watch it.
Speaker 2: Okay, this kid breaks his arm and then he's able to throw like, you know, one hundred and twenty miles per hour and.
Speaker 1: It fills a picture for the major leagues. That's a great kid.
Speaker 2: It's just so fun. Yeah, but then something happens and he loses it and he has to play again, and it's like, so, I always just have these fears of like, what if my life was just like suddenly I woke up and I'm playing in this Super Bowl? Do you ever have that? You ever think that, like you wake up and you're a pilot and you're like, I don't know what to do, but everyone expects you to know, Like you just switch bodies suddenly.
Speaker 1: That's the premise of Quantum Leap. It is, Yeah, that's what happens to this guy. He just wakes up. Yeah, it's been done, all right. Well, I thought you were gonna go to the reverse with it and say, what if you woke up one day and you didn't have any of the skills that you had, which is one of my greatest fears.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah, well that could happen.
Speaker 1: You hit your head in the wrong way, yeah. I mean it's so it. It could God, there's no wood around. I'm not even gonna talk anymore. Yeah, okay, I can't knocket anyone.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, let's got a break and come back and see we can wrangle. We might be back just with us, but we might find up a guest.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we have a special guest. We have Chris Long from the green Light podcast, which I was on and I forgot. I was I've done so too many things well done. As soon as I saw your face, I was like, of course I remember you on Zoom.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 7: It's so funny because I walked by and I was like, it's somebody that looks like naked Glazer who does football stuff. Now like you walked by our set earlier. I was like, if I see, I got a stop you. And then you were like doing something, so it's cool.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. They go, do you want Chris song? We're like, yeah, of course, they run off to get you. And then in the time that I'm just waiting, I just go.
Speaker 1: To my Instagram and I'm like, wait, he just DMed me. I was like, get you.
Speaker 4: I was like, yo, is it you? I didn't want to walk up to something like, Hey, Nikki.
Speaker 2: Total, I'm so glad this worked out. How's how's this trip treating you? Are you Are you done with the work part of it yet?
Speaker 4: Yeah? As of like right now, me too.
Speaker 1: It's our last things last day school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what what are your plans for this week? Are you in the game?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna I'm out before the game. I think the key to this week it's I've been doing it like as a player, coming here to like hang out like three days max. If you're working, you can do more, and it's best to get out before the game.
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 4: Because like the best place to watch the game is on the couch.
Speaker 2: Man, my boyfriend is doesn't even want to go. He was like, I could go to the game, but I just I'd rather watch it somewhere I can pay attention.
Speaker 7: That's exactly right. When you go to that game, you're just talking to people. It's social and like you got to pay an arm and a leg, Like, yeah, you want to get out of here, but.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing if you're at a super Bowl party at home. You have to talk to people. Some days some years, I'm like, I'd rather just be a home alone watching the super Bowl right now.
Speaker 4: I had a Super Bowl party.
Speaker 7: I probably won't do it again because my my dog bit the neighbor during the Super Bowl in.
Speaker 1: The Oh no blood, yes, Oh my god, is.
Speaker 2: Your dogs alive? I mean that's the dog time down.
Speaker 4: It's been some times your neighbor gave the dog away. Oh yeah, I mean it was the Panthers, Bronco's the right thing to do. Panthers Bronco. They Saint Louis dogs came from Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: No way, really.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was like twenty sixteen. Yeah, so super Bowl parties and that's not it. I don't want to host one that's want to sit on the cow.
Speaker 1: What was your neighbor's dick doing by your dog was?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's weird. That was the I mean, I don't want to victim blame him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, he jumped up, like he stepped the dog's foot, so that was kind of like just self defense. Yeah, and he jumped up. He did the right thing like air bud latched tennis.
Speaker 2: And that's the whole party that's.
Speaker 4: Left.
Speaker 2: So you're going to a party the sun, Like, what will be your plans to watch the game.
Speaker 7: I'll just sit on the couch honestly. Like and tonight last night, like I got a friend who's trying to be different. He's like, let's get off the strip and go to old town. I'm like the bars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go to Terribles.
Speaker 4: Is it bad? Oh?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, if you go to like the old old strip where they have like a what's that called Binyons Bunyons ringions, the old the original casino, like all.
Speaker 4: The old lid up, it's fine. No, I'm going tonight.
Speaker 1: It's fine. Yeah, it's okay, it's not they doesn't have the fan fare.
Speaker 4: No, you can go gambles, just bars.
Speaker 1: You can gamble there at at the old casinos, just be playing slots. Yeah, aren't.
Speaker 2: Aren't you like getting in the cool parties that are?
Speaker 4: I am dude, I am just going. Yeah, there's a Playboy party night and.
Speaker 1: You're over it.
Speaker 7: Hey man, what did you do last night? I went to play Boy party? Like, my wife's not gonna love him.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, Okay, he.
Speaker 4: Imagines, like, you know, a bunch of playboys and.
Speaker 7: I don't know what that's what it's like. Yeah, But also I have a friend that wants to go to old town.
Speaker 1: So you have a good time.
Speaker 2: At the sphere tonight.
Speaker 4: My parents went the other night and it was like a blast.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and they win this suite and they had no idea who would be in the suite and Chris Rock.
Speaker 4: Sandler and yeah, it was like super dope. Yeah, it was cool. Stories.
Speaker 2: So I can't wait. I think I'm not like the biggest U two fan, but I'd see anything on that screen.
Speaker 4: But we're just talking about your love for d m B.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I Dave Matthews would be incredible.
Speaker 4: Dave Matthews.
Speaker 2: Who's your like, Dave, who's your biggest person you'd like to see you?
Speaker 4: Well, I've seen him. I'm a huge Willie Nelson fan.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's that's very cool.
Speaker 7: Actually, I love Willie Nelson, Like I love the guy. So and I saw him perform for like an hour and a half. He's eighty five years old or whatever. You're like, Yeah, I just went to his ninetieth birthday party that they headed at the Hollywood Bowl. Oh wow, party, but it's a big concert. Yeah wow.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So when you're a player, and let's say you're an active player and you're not in the Super Bowl. What do the guys do if they come here? What's the hang Like.
Speaker 7: There's a chance to make money, Like you know, there's always appearances and parties.
Speaker 4: They'll pay you to go to a party.
Speaker 7: Like when I got in the league my first year, they were like, we'll pay you a ten grand to come to a party.
Speaker 4: I was like, are you fucking kidding? Yeah, yeah, I'm going.
Speaker 7: So we go like the whole week and kind of hang out and catch up with your friends. Like everything's so like online now and even the media. Like a bunch of guys I play with and played against I get to see him like it's fah.
Speaker 1: So it's like going on a comedy festival. Would I think this is exactly like that in football?
Speaker 4: Is that what you guys do when you like you don't see each other?
Speaker 2: And then it's like get out before the Kevin Hart, who's your favorite right now? Comedian? Yeah? God, who's who's my answer to that?
Speaker 1: Right favorite? Active right now?
Speaker 2: I just recently saw Sebastian Maniscalco like a.
Speaker 4: Few months ago on our show The.
Speaker 2: Fucking insanely good, like top notch, one of the best ever. And then I mean I'm always like Luisy K Bill Burr Chappelle, who has recently been like, oh, Shane gillis.
Speaker 7: Us special was insane because his style is just like he's just talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's what I really like to where it doesn't seem forced and rehearsed, even though it's jokes he's done before, but it's just so casual. It seems to be just like, yeah, I have a special coming out. I hope you watch it.
Speaker 4: I know you already know this, but you're like the roast goat.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, thank you so much that I appreciate that I should.
Speaker 4: You should just roasting.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady roast. And I just had the person at next They were talking to me and I go, tell Tom Brady I need to do it because I'm I'm the Tom Brady of roasting. And I was like, I wrote a pitch for him to say, and I was like, I'll lay off of the things he doesn't want me to talk about, but I'll go after whoever he wants to and so fingers crossed on that.
Speaker 4: It'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Okay, don't him Okay, I might hit you up if.
Speaker 4: He's a big boy. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Ideas all right.
Speaker 1: You a comedian too, Yeah, yeah, comedian. Yeah, I'm a comedian. Also hilarious.
Speaker 4: That's the cold jersey is that is that part of the bit.
Speaker 1: No, I'm a huge Colt fan with you, Dallas Clark. This is a it's actually Zire friend. Yeah, everyone's saying Dallas Clark. Obviously he's the more famous, but for now.
Speaker 2: He's also forty four.
Speaker 1: They're both forty four, both the same team, just different generations. Great player, everyone loves Dallason's a great player too. Not do anything wrong by being associated with Clark. No, no, Dallas, You're going to great legendary cult in the Ring of Honor, I believe, and one day Zire Franklin will be in the Ring honor too. He's almost like it's like in every stadium after players retire, it's not like the Hall of Fame, but for the particular team, they can put you in the team's kind of hall of fame, and then you get your name on the stadium side. And so it's a ring usually because the stadium's a circle. Yeah, and usually it's not that many people.
Speaker 7: Really, it's no big deal, you know, Like, but for the fans, you just have to be on a team for like twenty years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could own the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the team, or you could be one of the relatives of someone who owns the team, or you could be announcer.
Speaker 4: I like to watch you guys play. This year, we had Pittman on.
Speaker 1: The Oh yeah kid, Oh my god, he's got a shan We.
Speaker 4: Had him on. I got sharp.
Speaker 1: Shane Stikeen the coach, Yes, of course, yes, I'm excited about Shane Stikeen. I feel like he's, uh, he might be the next Bill Belichick. He's like a I think he's a coaching in Philly. Yeah, I mean thinks I mean Philly, man, what happened?
Speaker 7: It's so hard to get back. Yeah, it's like you know, you're so tired. Yeah, it's like an extra month of football. Yeah, and you know there's young guys that gets in their head and that's whole thing. But more than anything, they had to replace two coordinators, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's in pop.
Speaker 7: Coats because like when you when you do great, Like I'm not trying a man's flame full.
Speaker 1: I'm literally asking.
Speaker 7: Okay, so when you when you when you ball out and you got a great year, like people poach your your play callers. You know, they go become head coaches and when they lost John Gannon who coached the Cardinals this year, and Shane Yeah Colts and so yeah, you know, like back to the drawing board for everything.
Speaker 1: Plannab my god and brutal time. There's a thing called the super Bowl slump to historically, if you go to the Super Bowl and you lose, then the next year your team's terrible for some reason because you're just kind of I don't know why.
Speaker 7: If we started four and six after we won, we went four and six, we were terrible. Yeah, it was like it's like a hangover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you're like party in all all season. That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was that like?
Speaker 4: Uh? Which part?
Speaker 1: Like the partying after?
Speaker 4: That's the part the parade?
Speaker 1: Is there anything that you can describe that?
Speaker 7: This is like yeah, like everybody loves day drinking, especially when you get older and you don't want to stay up late.
Speaker 4: It's like that's my zone.
Speaker 7: It's even better when they put you in a bus full of your best friends and there's a million people.
Speaker 2: You don't have a game to play anytime soon, nothing to worry.
Speaker 1: About, nothing, and like were you married then Yeah, okay, so that was part of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean like there was no like, oh I'm gonna get.
Speaker 1: So many chicks now yeah yeah, but some my.
Speaker 4: Some of my teammates are like we're stars.
Speaker 3: They cleaned up.
Speaker 4: Yeah of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't ask questions. I'm not out that late. I actually am over too. On making it to the bar after the parade, I'm like, I'm a shooting star.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And then they pull you up to the Rocky Steps in Philly like all right, now you all got to talk.
Speaker 2: We're like, yeah, but you're a good talker, are you the one that's Yeah?
Speaker 7: And you know the cosam egos. But it was fun, man, Yeah, it was awesome. You know Jason Kelcey, well yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: Now I do.
Speaker 1: I did it before September.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's what I asked, yea.
Speaker 7: But he delivered the most raucous, like perfect speech. You know, you've seen him up there and the mummers out there, but he was ship face. I mean, it was like a moment where he walked out there and we were all like, is he gonna is he gonna.
Speaker 1: Part so bright?
Speaker 2: He's a gamer and thanks so much for being here. You saved us for the end of the show.
Speaker 4: I was so good to see you.
Speaker 7: I was like, yeah, I've never thank you for coming on the show and putting up with our like no game plan.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the way we do it. We haven't noticed, so that was really cool. Check me out on Chris Long's podcast is probably.
Speaker 4: From let's get back again.
Speaker 2: We'll do better, Let's do it next time.
Speaker 4: She did one bit we had to pull.
Speaker 2: We're back. Okay. We were like done with our show, and then we found out that we might have the chance to sit down with the best guess there is to get in this whole damn place, and we got.
Speaker 1: Luck here. Tyree all the time, all the time. Tell me I look like Andrew Locke. Yeah, I'm a huge Clots fan, so I do. I don't take it as an insult at all. Yeah you don't see.
Speaker 4: Yeah you win a.
Speaker 1: Coach, Brian.
Speaker 2: For people who don't know who Tyreek Hill is, will you just explain to our fans, like what a big deal?
Speaker 1: This is what a big get. Best wide receiver in the NFL, fastest player in the NFL, Star of the Chiefs and now the Dolphins. Tyreek Hill also huge personality, which is also another And you have podcasts. Yeah, I used to have a podcast. It's over, it's over.
Speaker 2: And he does camps. Do you want to talk about that real quick?
Speaker 1: Yes, ma'am, I do. Thank you. So it's a Southern hospital.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you're from the South.
Speaker 2: I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I do football camps all over the world. Yeah, we are starting in London first.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 6: Actually, and if you guys want to, you know, sign sign your kids up. Ages are sixty seventeen, you can sign them up. You can go to all socials, my socials at Cheetah. Yes I'm not a real Cheetah, but it's at Cheetah. You guys can go check out all the camp.
Speaker 1: You got at Cheetah. Yeah, how'd you get that? How did I get that? You know what?
Speaker 2: Money?
Speaker 1: Money will buy a lot of things.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say there was probably an actual Cheetah at like a zoo that had it at first and you paid off San Diego Zoo and they gave it to you. You got Cheetah.
Speaker 1: I got Cheetah. What year did you get Cheetah?
Speaker 6: I got Cheetah in the year like twenty seventeen or eighteen.
Speaker 1: That's late, that's I mean, if it was twenty ten or something, maybe.
Speaker 2: Early, it was not a cheap handle to get. But he can get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not going to tell you how much.
Speaker 2: I was going to say something out there, what how fast can you run? Oh? What do we what's your like? Have you are you like? Have do you know?
Speaker 6: I mean they track was doing the NFL season They do like a miles power Yeah, and I got the fastest my power? Hell yes, like every since they've been doing next year instead.
Speaker 2: Now, when you were school, were you rushing the mile run? Like? Was that always your thing in grade school? No?
Speaker 6: So I'm much sprinter, So I really can't run that long run like one hundred two hundred meters and it's like I'm done?
Speaker 2: And are you just a natural? I mean obviously this is something that you have to work extremely hard at. But were you always just good at sprinting? Was it something you always had speed?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I mean yes, yes girl, yes, yes, young lady, young old just wanting to Taylor swool shirt?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep?
Speaker 1: Are you are you still targeting two thousand yards?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean next year's goal. Yes, that is going to be nice. You would have hit it this year. You would have so next year? Two thousand? How's it? Has that ever been done before? It's never been done before.
Speaker 2: What are you at right now?
Speaker 6: So I got seventeen nine?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Nine, that's your top one, that's your Yeah, it's never been done for two thousand receiving yards in a season.
Speaker 2: Whoa, he would.
Speaker 1: Have got it this year? That was you. You you called it. Hmm, you said you're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Why do you like doing these camps so much? Like this is something that you've taken upon yourself to do. It's you're just like giving back in that way. Working with youth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man's fun.
Speaker 6: I think for me, the biggest thing that helps me is being able to inspire, you know, the younger generation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you feel me.
Speaker 6: Like the reason flag football is becoming like this next big thing is everyone that can literally become a star, whether it's male, whether it's female. And I think that's like the most awesome thing ever because I have a daughter, and I know my daughter's going to grow up and she's going to play football like her dad. You know, So me being able to travel the world, teach kids about you know, football, flag football, how to become fast, how to use different running techniques to become faster. Is something that I've always dreamed of doing, man, because i want to be a head coach of a high school football teams. So I'm using this, you know, to put me in different situations with different kind of personalities. So that way, when it comes time for me dip into that role of a coach, I'm already comfortable and speaking with different personalities.
Speaker 1: Oh see, you're you feel me.
Speaker 2: You're looking at You're thinking about your long term goals like you're you're you have the most amazing career right now. But at some point you're gonna stop playing. What are you going to do? Oh you want to be a coach, and now you're training to become a coach.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: You're so smart. That's so cool.
Speaker 6: So that way, I've not got two birds in one stone. I'm inspiring, but I'm also getting a proper practice that I need to, you know, use it later in my coaching.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll find out about Tyrek's coaching or of football camps for your kids all over the world at and you can find them on Instagram, at cheat at remember my got Tyrek, thanks for being our the guest to get and you walked out. You just sauntered over here, no problems, just said, hell yeah, I'll do this podcast. I've never even heard of these people and we really appreciate it. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: No more juicy questions?
Speaker 2: Did I have any juicy ones? What's some Who's the person that you're most excited to meet? Uh this weekend? Have you met ill producing you forgot about?
Speaker 1: Yes? I met two celebrities that I and my wife got mad at me. So we met.
Speaker 6: The first night we met, we met Taraji. Okay, when I seen her, I started saying, hustling flow.
Speaker 1: I was like, you.
Speaker 6: Going crazy? Yeah she was. She actually sat beside us at the NFL honor. She sat beside my wife. We took a picture.
Speaker 1: It was sweet. Okay, so you fan out? You feel me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For winning song by the way.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: Then we met Tisha Campbell. Y'all know teacher. Y'all y'all ever seen Martin? Yes, was.
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 1: So when I seen her, I said what Yeah?
Speaker 6: So I was a huge fan of both of those of those women growing up.
Speaker 1: Man, two black queens, right, there love them.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much for being here. You're his black king.
Speaker 1: Wow. Interesting, I'm just saying you were very excited to meet him. I'm super excited.
Speaker 2: To me, we were done, we were and I have.
Speaker 1: To meet him and then yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you want to sing a theme song with him?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: What's the theme?
Speaker 2: Isn't there some kind of NFL theme song like it?
Speaker 1: That's just that's NFL film. It's just there's no NFL song. Is there an NFL songs? Not an NFL song where like this is in college? Like yeah, okay, yeah, well we tried, we tried.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much for being here, Tyreek. We really appreciate it. All right, final thought overall, we did it, Brian, We're done.
Speaker 1: I mean this has been so incredible. I mean it's been so exciting just talking all these players. I never get to talk to athletes. I never even there's no scenarios chill.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, they're just such like there's no like nervousness, nervous energy from any of them.
Speaker 1: No, like we were just talking. I mean they've achieved their dreams. Yeah, I mean, what's it like when you achieve your dreams?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean I've achieved mine, but I'm still not chill sometimes I am. But they really do have the air about them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I mean it's I mean their whole lives. Like you at least had to go through high school where like things were hard, Yeah, and you have to do open micros.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've definitely been succeeding since high school.
Speaker 1: They've been said they were the best athletes at their school probably growing up, and so they were always I mean they what they have to get good at is practicing and being regimented and being better than getting swept.
Speaker 2: Up in the fame and the part.
Speaker 1: But you don't have to be good at being popular and everyone liking you. Yeah, and that is a lot of work for people like me and you.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is, and it's what drives us too.
Speaker 1: That's why we're comedians and not football players.
Speaker 2: That's the only reason that that is truly the only reason that I'm not an athlete is because, yeah, I'm insecure.
Speaker 1: But this has been amazing. I Mean, I I was getting more nervous as time went on talking to the athletes because I felt like I was like, I don't want this to be awkward at any point.
Speaker 2: I know, I just want to That's why I don't like to have guests on the show, because people always like why don't have more guests, And it's because I don't ever want them to be like what am I doing here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or like it's the same as hugs. You were talking about it before. I don't like to get hugs because I think that oftentimes when I'm giving hugs, I'm kind of like, how long.
Speaker 1: Do I have to do this?
Speaker 2: Like how long does this person? Does this person need this forever? And that's why every guest that came in, I was like, we could, they could just do five minutes, Like I just don't want to inconvenience anyone because I don't value myself. But everyone seemed very relaxed and fine about being here, and there was no dead air, there was no awkward moments. These people are used to doing this kind of stuff. Yes, there we did great.
Speaker 1: What was your highlight guests out of the ones we had? Oh yeah, I just liked him. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He introduced himself to me right away, like before we began, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Who's this He's right there, we still see Oh yeah, he's right there.
Speaker 2: His backs to us. He was He's a beautiful man and it was really nice. And but I really liked Chris just now and I forgot that I had that recre.
Speaker 1: Was awesome, so so funny, funny, nice, cool. So is Roman.
Speaker 4: So was Roman?
Speaker 2: So was Chris Tilman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Peanut Tillman was also funny. Uh, well Chris was. I mean Chris had a comedian vibe. I was like, are you a comedian or a football.
Speaker 2: Pyes, yes, he does have that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so nice. But highlight for me. Rodney Thomas.
Speaker 2: I liked because he was a kid.
Speaker 1: I had an emotional reacty.
Speaker 2: Like I was interviewing him for like, you know, kids say the darn things like he to me because he's so young. Not because he acted like a kid, but it's just like I wasn't intimidated.
Speaker 1: Because he's so young.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Out of all the guests we had, he was the only one that I was like feeling like emotionally like anxiety talking it's so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, I'm so glad you got that moment and you got us that moment. Dude, they recognized you.
Speaker 1: That's right, Zaire, thank you, Zian. He was so Jerry Maguire his agent. I love that guy.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen the opening that the scene on Er Jerry McGuire where he's walking around with Cuba Gooding Junior, but he's got to go sign what's his name? Yes, and he's trying to He's just like it was exactly like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agents, that was a good agent.
Speaker 2: It was a really good agent.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just love I mean, you know he's like, this is you know he.
Speaker 2: Said to you now like we just go back to after now that this is a hotel room. There's a cardio room here that I might go do on a chunnel.
Speaker 1: But I don't really feel like I'm going to eat.
Speaker 2: Definitely, you haven't eaten yet today. I'm gonna go grab another Starbucks.
Speaker 1: I'm going to gamble.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna show is at eight and it's now three point thirty, so yeah, I think I'm just gonna hang out until then.
Speaker 1: Are we doing any dinner or anything? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe, but you're eating now, so maybe you won't be ready for dinner.
Speaker 1: Well that that'll I can eat something small, I guess, but it's whatever. I'll probably my wife's gone. I haven't seen her in like forty five minutes. I don't know where she went. She is hopefully she's not dating a football player now.
Speaker 2: Probably divorced you and got married at one of those places to any kind of NFL player. Yeah, she is in heaven. I said that she reminded me of a little girl. That was like being told she gets to go to Disney World. Yeah, frying in the backseat of her parents car.
Speaker 1: Well, it's going to be so impressed. I mean this, she has struck gold with the signature she got on the on the fantasy And there's nothing that makes Ali happier than making her family happy. And so this is I know, sick. No, it's disgusting, but so she this could There's could be nothing to bring her more joy than to come home with more signatures on this trophy. It's it's been great.
Speaker 2: My mom is in my apartment right now texting me because I forgot a bunch of stuff. I'm going to Australia after this and I forgot to pack some things, including a guitar Hero controller, which is a guitar and I was like, Mom, can you please find the guitar hero controller. She's just like, I don't know what that is, and I'm like it is a guitar that is deconstructed. It looks like a play guitar. And she just wrote me that she found everything. So that that's my Mom's really proud of me right now.
Speaker 5: Town.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad we did that.
Speaker 2: I found your heart, letting us come out and you I heart. Oh my god, I'm so happy. Once in a lifetime, I've always been happy. We've had no issues. They give no notes, They let us be ourselves, and they invited us here to the super Bowl and I feel deserving of it. Amazing, They're amazing, and we're going to the super Bowl. We're in section four eleven. I'm gonna have binoculars. I mean we and we'll talk about that on a next week's episode. Yes or no, No, no, not next week in two weeks because we had to pre record a bunch because I'm going to Australia.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is the show.
Speaker 2: We did good. I feel that we're done. I have a whole weekend with nothing to do except the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah and yeah, the super Bowl will be great.
Speaker 2: I feel so free, you know that feeling when you're done with work. It's like Chris after the winning the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: That's right, yeah, and he just went off and did the parade. Yes, ah yeah, but I'm my happiness will ebb and flow based on how much money I went on the blackjack tables. I guarantee victory sports gambling, but that blackjack table, it is a wild ride.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna go over there because I do know the rules.
Speaker 1: Now, do you want to do a little bit before you go up to the hotel?
Speaker 2: I'll say right now on air, so it sounds like fun, But then as soon as we go off air, I'll be like, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Doing that just for a few minutes.
Speaker 2: No, it actually sounds fun.
Speaker 1: I will do it all right.
Speaker 2: I will do it all right. Thank you guys for listening. We will see you next week on the show. This is a Brian and Nicky signing off from the Super Bowl fifty eight.