Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Well Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This he's Talking Cowboys, springing live.
Speaker 1: From the Dallas Cowboys World hears at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Six seconds dot kitson, pat touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: It's a June edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the s WBC studios.
Speaker 1: Welcome and everybody. We've got Patrick No C.
Speaker 5: Walker, We've got Josh Rodriguez, We've got Tommy Yarish with Chris Beam in the beck. I'm Kyle Yeoman. So glad you've joined us. We have flipped the calendar to June. We are one month closer to football. We are right around the corner now. Of course, OTA's continue this week. We've got access to practice starting this afternoon and so we'll get to talk to coach Schottenheimer shortly, get to talk to the players in the in the locker room, much like we did all of last week as well. Media days are this week and that's a big thing around here. So it's kept all of us busy over the last couple of days, but getting some FaceTime with some of these players, getting to really know and feel that culture that Brian Schottenheimer continues to try and build here.
Speaker 1: And then next week it is mini camp time.
Speaker 6: Indy caa't we're only ninety some odd days.
Speaker 1: Away from edatory too. It's mandatory minatory. That's a big word. It's a big, big word around here.
Speaker 4: Many annually it's a big word around these parts.
Speaker 1: It's see can you spell it?
Speaker 5: Like the Frisco, Texas or the Allen, Texas native that won the National Spelling Bede the.
Speaker 6: Other day, No shouts to that person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys areticipating in the spelling I did once.
Speaker 5: I didn't win it, shocker, but I did actually participate.
Speaker 6: In What word did you stumble on? I don't remember what was the best word.
Speaker 1: That you got.
Speaker 6: I don't remember indubitably spell it.
Speaker 1: That's it. I tripped up on that one. I know exactly what.
Speaker 4: I wasn't the spelling bee annually from like grade school all the way up to ninth grade, and I would routinely make district and stayed a couple of times back in Georgia.
Speaker 1: But the thing, the word that really states finalist Patrick it is. That's why he's got to say what it is.
Speaker 4: Words are me and I am words. So to this day I can spell it in my in my sleep because that was where that got me eliminated.
Speaker 1: No, we're not doing that right now.
Speaker 6: Spell it why O N O.
Speaker 1: It's the last part that'll throw you after A. Yeah, I would have O N O M A T O P O. That's what the yeah the yeah.
Speaker 4: So I was like pe and they were like they're like, get out of here. Would you do this to a sixth graderic? Did you throw out of the sixth grader in front of everybody, all of their loved ones.
Speaker 1: That's traumatic. Hey, you're a professional writer, now made it worked out?
Speaker 6: Haha, jokes on you unqualifying.
Speaker 5: I feel like Tommy would have won like every spelling severly not.
Speaker 7: No, I didn't participate in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Texas education, then give you any opportunity that is.
Speaker 7: No, I'm nowhere.
Speaker 8: I'm nowhere near smart enough to participate in the spelling be yeah me neither. I use auto correct is the greatest invention that ever happened to technology, just because there are so many Like even to this day, there are simple words that I like just misspelled from time to time, and I just keep seeing it corrected and corrected. I'm really making myself sound horrible here, but that's all right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, no, but no.
Speaker 8: Autocorrect is a great tool and I'm very glad it's there because spelling spelling bees would never have been in my future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird, my my.
Speaker 5: Whenever I type in my my text messages, it says OT as it automatically corrects it to news and notes.
Speaker 1: Patrick, would you like to give us some OT? Hey?
Speaker 7: Give them give them another for that?
Speaker 3: Lord.
Speaker 4: Okay, so news and notes obviously no no transactions uh here over the past week, past couple of weeks, since OT has have begun. We'll see if the Cowboys continue that trainer, if they make a move here as mandatory mini camp gets ready to fire up, and then of course they will go into their lull before training camp. But now that it is officially June and it is June second, some transactions should start to land around the league now that it's post June first, June third, Hey, there you go, but it's.
Speaker 1: Still post June first.
Speaker 6: It is post June first, technically first.
Speaker 1: However you slice it, so some transaction should start.
Speaker 6: Taking points off of that one like a spelling bee, like a spelling.
Speaker 1: Trigger. But no.
Speaker 4: So for the most part, news and notes are based on conversations that we've all had with players in the locker room coming out of OTA's last week and the week prior, as well as just observations for God that we've seen on the field. I will say one of the biggest news and notes for me kind of leads right into a guy who's going to be leaned upon heavily. A lot of odds are on him, and I'm talking about Tyler Goyiton. Tyler Goyton, he sounds much more confident, not that he didn't sound confident last year this time last year, but as the season war on and he really began to feel the rigors of the NFL season and what that means and what that entails, and the toll it took on his body, and he came to an awakening and understood that.
Speaker 1: He wasn't taking as great of care of his body as he thought he was. So what does he do?
Speaker 4: He gets with Tyler Smith, he gets with the Cowboys nutritionists completely overhauls his diet, ditches fast foods and fried foods, entirely switches to high protein meals. He said, lots of salmon, steak, chicken, things like that. He is leaner, and I asked him if he's looking to tweak a little bit more going into training camp, maybe add some more muscle mass. Not that he's a slim guy by any stretch of the imagination, but you can see that some of that added unnecessary weight has completely melted off. He said, he's moving much better. He's moving his mass much more easily. His joints feel better. That's great news because he understands exactly what the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Need him to be.
Speaker 4: Going into year two, this is a revamped offensive line. With Zach Martin now retiring, the elder Statesman are Terrence Steele and Tyler Smith, and Tyler Smith is going into year four, So that tells you an elder statesman in year four a lot of youth there. So the blind side of Dak Prescott's going to have to be pretty solid.
Speaker 5: I want to hit on Tyler guid In there because that was a big storyline from this past week because it started with Brian Schottenheimer talking about him in the press conference and alluding to how good of an offseason he's had because he was talking about all the offensive linemen.
Speaker 1: The question it was your question, It was.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I asked you about Booker, about Tyler Booker, and he kind of on his own accord, went out of his way to talk about Tyler Geyton. And so you know that says something that, Okay, this guy's sticking out of practice to the head coach. But you know, at least from our perspective, and you know, I wasn't here last year during training camp, but there were a couple of times where I heard you guys talking about man, this guy Stonewall, Nica Parsons, and you know, he's looking really good, but you know, the ebbs and flows in terms of okay, he's out these days and he's.
Speaker 7: Not getting the snaps on certain days.
Speaker 8: For a rookie, especially a left tackle, one of those premium positions in football, that's valuable reps that you're missing. So now that he's healthy, Brian schodheimmer mentioned he's been here every day for OTAs and every day for practice. Those are reps that a young guy like him absolutely needs to get better.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 8: It's great that he's done the work with his body, and it's great that he's slimmed up, but some of the issues that he had last year were cerebral and you know, just way too many bad penalties. So I appreciate him, you know, I appreciate him making the changes in his body, and it's something that a lot of young players have to deal with in terms of changing their diet, getting their lifestyle right. But there's still a lot that he needs to do to really take that jump.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 8: Cowboys offensive linemen have done that in year one to year two. They've taken jumps forward. But Guy's got a big chef to take and I think, you know, he's going to really benefit from a coaching staff that has prioritized the offensive line with guys like Clayton Adams and Connor Riley.
Speaker 6: I think we talked about that last year after he was drafted and coming into the league, in that he didn't necessarily have an offseason. He immediately jumped into training and that was something that switched positions and switch positions. So I mean, of course there's going to be growing pains along with that, and then he had some health availability issues during camp and throughout the season. I think all of that is combined in saying that he didn't necessarily have a break as soon as he was drafted to the NFL. Now with a better understanding of how the year is going to go for him from a playing aspect, and on top of it, two, your article was excellent, felt I was reading like a bodybuilder magazine article. I mean, because I loved articles on like health, fitness, nutrition, all of that. I mean, it doesn't look like I love it, but I do.
Speaker 4: I swear disagree. I also disagree, and I mean behind the scenes, I know the work that you put in the gym.
Speaker 6: Exactly exactly so, but I love that. Oh yeah, I love it. It's it's inspirational, for sure, But it also go to the goes to show how he's maturing in a way, like you said getting rid of like even nutrition, like saying fast foods all of that. It's clear that he's putting in the work. Obviously, now he has a better understanding of how the season is going to go and what the position is going to demand of him.
Speaker 5: Well, we talked about and Tommy alluded to the year one to year two jump. Think back to Tyler Smith. Tyler Smith was a solid rookie season. He put together a great rookie season, played a lot of left tackle, kind of bounced around a little bit, and then once he settled into a spot and had a full off season, he became a Pro Bowler the year after that. I'm not anticipating a Pro Bowl type season from from Tyler Guidon actually a second team ap for Tyler Smith too. You're not anticipating that sort of jump. But what is the jump that's anticipated from Guidon that would ease your mind about the offensive line, because to answer my own question, it would be a considerable solidified starter at left tackle, somebody that you can rely on.
Speaker 1: Does he have to have a Pro Bowl No? Does he have to have an All Pro No? Would both of those things.
Speaker 5: Be awesome If you can get that type of play out of them, absolutely make it happen. However, I think as long as he solidifies his availability one and stays on the field and becomes a solidified starter to where the penalties go down, the pressures go down, that's what it would look like.
Speaker 4: So for me, I agree, it looks like, you know, a significant reduction in penalties and it looks like a significant increase in availability.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, so he played in eleven games.
Speaker 4: Exactly, So stay on the field, remain healthy, do away with the large majority of the penalties, and I think that the wrist will kind of start to settle in, because again, this is going to be the first or the second full year, only the second full year of him playing left tackle at the football level. So for me, it's just those two things, and I think the rest will settling in, especially as he gets more of that combo chemistry with Tyler Smith.
Speaker 1: I think that will work itself out.
Speaker 4: And Tyler Smith he spoke with us as well, more so about Booker, but he also makes some key points about Tyler Geyiton's progress and how they as an offensive unit have been kind of ingratiating themselves with each other, whether it be cookouts or working out in the off season, things like that. All of these things matter. These are things that the media doesn't always see. These are the things that fans rarely see. But it's the type of camaraderie that builds the type of brotherhood that you saw with like Travis Frederick and Zach Martin and Tyron Smith and oh By the way, weren't those three first round picks in a span of four years? Well, who are the three now in the span of four years? Tyler Smith, it's Tyler Goyton, and it's Tyler Booker. So it's a Tyler Tyler Tyler show. So if those guys, along with Cooper BB obviously and Terrence Steel, if they can gel like the cowboys and Schoenheimer are looking for them too, then Tyler Goyton will come along.
Speaker 1: As he starts to see other guys come along, all of a sudden, I missed Tyler. We don't even know the time. There's four Tyler's on the rocks. Tyler Neville shouts out the top.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got Tyler Neville. You had Tyler Bottish upfront. That would have been interesting. All four of this guys on the left side.
Speaker 6: Bring Steven Tyler in here, just because at that point, just all tied up.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good show title, a t up, all tied up? All right? What's next? On the OTA News and Notes list?
Speaker 4: From there we talk about I know that Tommy had a fantastic piece about OSA uh and I would defer to him on that. Let him tell you what OSA was talking about and just progressing talking about.
Speaker 1: What was it talking about.
Speaker 8: So I think the interesting part of what with what Osa was talking about was, and I've talked about this in the past on on the shows, is that look, Matti Refluce in the past has said, Hey, the three technique defensive tackle is the engine of his defense. Right, that's kind of where it all starts. And so this is a guy that the Cowboys played, that Cowboys paid eighty million dollars over the next four years for and you bring in a guy like Matt eberflus Is, you know, that's a big part of his defense and a big role that has to be played in that scheme. So he said, you know, based off some of the things that we're being asked to do right now, is going back and just watching some of the tape from last year, I'm like, if I was doing the stuff that we're being coached to do now, I'm making this play, I'm making that play. So just seeing that there's going to be a lot more opportunities based on the stuff that he's having us do. So, you know, that's always a good thing, and it's it's easy to say in retrospect, right when you go back and watch film on yourself, you say, okay, well if I had done this and I had done that. Obviously, the spur of the moment, the heat of the moment, you do different things. But the adjustments that need to take place so that you can do those things in the game setting happened behind the scenes in practice, and you know when you work schematically with your coaching staff and just prepare for those kinds of situations. So you know, matt Eberflus was what he was as a head coach, but as a defensive play caller, this guy's really good think and you know he's had a good history in terms of those three technique defensive tackles and his defenses overall have been good, and it starts up front on the defensive line. They usually stop the run pretty well, which is something that Dallas has struggled to do for the last however many years. I don't know if they've got the person hell necessarily to be in great shape right now, but if you want to be in great shape, it's got to start with the three tech in Mattieberflus's defense, and they've got a pretty good one in Osa.
Speaker 6: Did he talk about working with Solomon Thomas at all. I know he was kind of a big topic on the last episode, but I'm just curious, like what their tandem is going to look like going into the season.
Speaker 7: If they did. I don't know if I put it in here, but he did.
Speaker 4: I asked them specifically, how are things coming along with bringing Solomon Thomas into what is going to be a new culture, but also just the impact of and what it means to have Solomon Thomas, because we talked about it before, Osa averaged over the first three years of his NFL career, he averaged just around sixty percent of the defensive snaps. Okay, well because of injury and lack of production behind him. On the depth chart last season it ballooned to seventy eight percent. You're not going to be able to get him or keep him fresh and fourth quarters or even the second half of the season, and we talk about availability. Knock on wood. He's been healthy to this point, but how much longer does that last if you keep him at seventy five seventy eight, eighty percent. Solomon Thomas in that aspect alone, I believe will be massive for the durability the continue durability of OLSA.
Speaker 6: Lots multiple rights right that guy.
Speaker 1: But Osa was talking about that.
Speaker 4: He talked about the Cowboys adding another proven playmaker in Solomon Thomas. Not necessarily just a rookie that's coming in that has to learn how the NFL works and learn the speed of the game. But Solomon Thomas, He's been there, done that, been productive doing it. So when you add that talent in rotation with Osa, Osa talked about how excited he was with that, and I am, I'm right there with him. I said that once Solomon Thomas was signed, I was like, I love the dynamic of them rotating. But then also you have to know that every once in a while they will play shoulder to shoulder in certain sense, and that's exciting as well.
Speaker 1: When does that happen? What's the down and distance? That's going to be interesting.
Speaker 8: And the other interesting thing was Solomon Thomas too, And I've just realized that I put this in the article. Was you know, this is a guy who around the league is one of the more respected people. Uh, you know, when we met him, he talked a little bit about his defensive line foundation that he works with Dak Prescott with for mental health for children. And you know also was kind of talking about that too. From a leadership standpoint, it's like, hey, Solomon Thomas came in, Dante Fowler has been here before, you know, DeMarcus Lawrence leaving. That leaves a big leadership gap on the defensive line. So it's up to him, Michael Parsons, Solomon Thomas and those guys to kind of try and fill that void. And so you know, that's another aspect of Solomon Thomas that he fits from a culture perspective. Now from a scheme perspective, he's not the biggest guy in terms of height.
Speaker 7: I know you gave it. In terms of height, he's not the tallest.
Speaker 1: Just getting off of being viral, yeah.
Speaker 7: I know, I know we're talking with doesn't get much better than that.
Speaker 8: But you know, from a defensive tackle standpoint, he's a little bit undersize from that perspective. And last week I think Solomon talked about that as well. But you know, this is a guy who's just trying to fit and he plays nitty gritty and he's going to need to, frankly, for this defense. I don't think he's kind of lived up to the billing or he's what the third overall pick back in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: I like that you're bringing that up. Yes he was.
Speaker 5: That was I kind of chuckled there a little bit because all of it's fun and games. Right now, you're hitting batting practice home runs.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 5: It's the off season. You're practicing. Things look great, the swing's crisp. You're gonna have to hit home runs though, when teams are trying to strike you out exactly, that's what's going to happen, just exactly. Once you can hit the curve ball, then we can We'll be fine. But when Patrick was talking about Osa's comments about having a proven playmaker, my devil's advocate comment would be, when has he been proven? When has he done that? He's had different flashes. I was gonna say, he's fled, but the consistency hasn't been there. If it was there at any point he was a third overall pick, he would get the benefit of the doubt. Wherever he would have ended up, he would have either stayed in San Francisco or stayed in Las Vegas, or stayed in New York instead. I mean, he's spent three years in New York that's a decent tenure there. He could spend two or three years here in Dallas, and I think that would be a win because that means he did something enough to keep.
Speaker 1: Contributing to keep him around.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, But to this point in his career, I think it would be safe to say that his production has not matched the expectation.
Speaker 6: Sure, over pick, But do you feel a sort of comfort as far as the familiarity with Aaron White and Cotton goes?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? See in terms of leadership, in terms of x's and o's.
Speaker 6: And fit in someone that obviously understands his system.
Speaker 5: Of course, that I'm cool with, and I think it will benefit him. But I think going into it saying that he's a proven playmaker, I don't think I would tab him as that. I don't think I would tap him as a proven playmaker. I would say a proven leader. I would say a proven teammate, which is fine, and you need those guys.
Speaker 1: On your team.
Speaker 5: But if you're going to look at me and say, outside of Osa, he's the next best playmaker on your team, I don't feel great about.
Speaker 1: But well, here's the question.
Speaker 4: Let's dovetail from that, and those are fair points. Absolutely let's dovetail from that and let's go let's go youthful. Okay, keep to the defensive tackle position. Keeping to OTA's observations. Jay Toya and he's pronounced doya, Yeah, practicing this Toya taking reps with the first teamers.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be fun in the preseason taking reps with the first teamers. That's gonna be some fun there.
Speaker 4: Because obviously we know the Cowboys are hoping for a huge step from Mazzie Smith in year three and typically, as trends go, more often than not, year three tends to be the breakout year or the most likely breakout year four defensive lineman, defensive tackles. So could that be for Mazzie Smith? Fingers crossed with that's the case. But if we're talking about I mean, guys, so now we've talked about you know, a former third overall pick who's been in the league and Solomon Thomas and he's being at it right on the opposite side of the spectrum. You got a late round pick, a seventh Throe Peak, a rookie and j Toyah who has the size and he has the skill set. How quickly can he put that into play? That's what's going to make it interesting. Because if he can make even a a par level impact for this defensive tackle position, oh well he and if Solomon Thomas can match serve or better, well, this team is in a much better position at DT than they were last year.
Speaker 1: It's a little bar to try and cross. That's fair, and try and get over that's fair. However, you're one that they need to get away, got to get over it and something and you know.
Speaker 8: If you want to look at it from you know, if you're looking if you're thinking best case scenario with Solomon Thomas and Toya, you know, you look at Thomas, he had his best three years I think in the NFL under.
Speaker 7: Aaron White Cotton. So something has worked there, at least relative to the rest of his career. Something's worked there.
Speaker 8: Uh, and too, Doya was part of, you know, to top ten defenses his last two years of college at UCLA. The difference though, both of them are undersized, and Douey is coming into this as a rookie and he's not playing Stanford anymore. So Stanford, No, stanf is out of the Big ten?
Speaker 1: Are they okay?
Speaker 7: He's not playing USC anymore?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: You know it's it's it's a lot to ask for from a guy that early, but he was in the pack te Yeah, sure, rest in.
Speaker 7: Peace, Pac twelve. Are they actually coming back?
Speaker 8: I think, But you know, it's it's it's a lot to ask for a rookie, and it's a lot to ask for for Solomon Thomas. I think too, because you know, in the sense that this is a defensive line that needs a lot of help, I think outside of OsO Digiezua and you know, Mazzie Smith is still a big question mark. And you know you're telling me that in the depth of that rotation, we're relying on a seventh round pick two, seventh, Justin Rogers, Tommy A. King, Desote, Denzel Dackson. You know, there's only seven bodies in that room, and it is not very deep. I don't think so that that's got to be. I know, we'll talk about this a little bit later in the show, but that that is concerning.
Speaker 5: Let's move into it. We were originally going to have it in the third segment. Let's keep things in coming up next, I want to talk about top three needs currently on this Cowboys rosters, things that we can look at after OTAs and getting a better look at this team.
Speaker 1: Do you still feel the same as you.
Speaker 5: Did prior to OTAs and prior to the off season workouts about specific holes on the roster. Then later in the show, who does George Pickens' presence help the most on this Cowboys offense? That's going to be our third segment when we come back.
Speaker 1: We've got that.
Speaker 5: We've got a couple things to talk about on the comment section, our comment of the day. If you have the YouTube comment section up, get involved, have some fun in there, and be nice to everybody when we come back with more talking Cowboys. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and.
Speaker 1: Pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 9: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission.
Speaker 1: Head to your local grocery store and roast.
Speaker 2: Yourself some Black Rifle coffee today. Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles pera.
Speaker 3: But the good news is Todd has at and T five G.
Speaker 2: It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G.
Speaker 3: Fast, reliable, secure.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized and tense therapy lippball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 12: If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't.
Speaker 1: Be beat better.
Speaker 12: Yet, gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 1: The wins will be even tastier.
Speaker 6: It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 1: To the Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment of the show is brought to you by Invisi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Patrick Nocy, Walker, Jocks Rodriguez, and Tommy Yarish. All right, so our comment of the day today actually is a question. It's a great question because we talked a little bit about the offensive line.
Speaker 1: Position nineteen ohs six exec So.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that means, but that's the name on YouTube says serious question about right tackle, about right tackle, I expect the rookie to struggle, But Terrence Steele has been rough since returning from injury and has become a liability.
Speaker 1: Do you one do you believe that too?
Speaker 5: Is that something of a concern and should somebody like Awesome Richards get a shot moving in there?
Speaker 6: I wholeheartedly disagree, but I completely understand the comments. I think if you're watching ty, if you're watching Terrence Smith exclusively over the last two years since he's been back from his injury, I don't think you can say that he's a liability. I think he is inconsistent, which has been an issue, and he's facing the way to a lot of excellent lines. He's facing a lot of excellent lines, not only throughout the league but in the division. I mean, it's it's just a tough task, a tall order for anybody. I just think it's been in consistency and who knows if he's a hunt. Granted it's been two years since that injury, but like, who knows if he came back from that injury one hundred percent. I would say last year should be your barometer on like judging his production since that injury.
Speaker 4: If that makes sense, I agree, but not in this timeline. On in this current timeline, and let me explain. When he was initially returning from injury, I could argue that he was a bit of a liability. I could absolutely times that he didn't have a lot of confidence in the knee. He had to get over the mental hurdle of having suffered which was at that time the most devastating football injury that he had ever, you know, suffered. As time has gone on, you've seen some inconsistency, but what you've also seen and I'll pull up the stats here in the moment while you guys are talking about it. Last year alone, he got progressively better. But when did he get progressively better? When Zach Martin got injured and came got pulled off of the field, then you saw better play at right guard, which then allowed Terrence Steele to excel a bit more at right tackle, as opposed to trying to figure out the combo block with a guy like Zach Martin who obviously future First Battle Hall of Famer, but just wasn't playing like himself, so he was struggling within his own body he had a degenerative ankle in the issue, so he couldn't, so the combo blocks weren't there, et cetera, et cetera. And then you bring in Brock Kaufman, and all of a sudden, Terrence Steel is playing much better. So I think that as much as it is the time that's now been removed from the injury that's helping Terrence Steele, what's also going to help him is just better right guard play. Insert Tyler Booker into this conversation. So if Tyler Booker can be that and immediately, then you're going to see Terrence Steele become what Terrence Steele once was when he went from being an undrafted guy to earning the right to be the right starting right tackle and then earned another contract and doing so. So again, for me, it's less of what's Terrence Steele want to do and more of what does it look like at right guard? What is Tyler Booker going to do? Almost immediately, I think those two things played hand in hand.
Speaker 6: That's fair, you know.
Speaker 8: I think we've talked a lot about how this offensive staff is so centered around the offensive line, and they're going to develop this offensive line to run the ball well.
Speaker 7: Something that a friend of the show, Nick Harris, has said.
Speaker 8: Over and over again, as there is nobody on the offensive line that's going to benefit more from this new staff than Terrence Steele.
Speaker 5: And I wholeheartedly it was he and Bobby Belt that that charge on the draft show.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, and they're both correct.
Speaker 8: And you know, I think when you look at Terren Steele's earlier career when he and Zach Martin were playing together, they complimented each other so well, and Zach Martin loved to play alongside Terrence Steel. That was one of his favorite guys to go and block with, and you clearly saw why they were able to run the ball really well, and they worked very well together on the right side of the offensive line. To build off of what Patrick's saying, nobody's going to benefit from the Cowboys draft on Tyler Booker more than Terren Steele because they're there's your, there's your He's not. I'm not saying he's going to be Zach Martin, but it's better than Zach Martin with a degenerative ankle. So you know, anytime you've got that kind of problem on the offensive line, then you know it's it's going to be a downgrade in health, but you know, and even with health, it's something that we've kind of talked about a little bit over the last couple of weeks. Is and Javonte Williams talked about it a while ago too.
Speaker 10: Is.
Speaker 8: You know, everybody's return from injuries like that, especially when they're that severe, is different, right. Some guys it may take a year, some guys it may take two years. Some guys it just may never be the same again. And so, you know, I think you saw last year towards the tail end of the season that Terrence Steel was solely but surely starting to put it together with some consistency next to him, And now that he's going to have, you know, Tyler Booker for the foreseeable future next to him, you would think that that's going to be a good sign as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think one. I think that's correct.
Speaker 5: I think this year is going to be a really good indication on whether or not Terren Steele is your long term answer at right tackle because you have the new coaching staff that should benefit He's a year further along removed from his injury than what he was previously.
Speaker 1: He's going to have a.
Speaker 5: Young, hungry, strong right guard that's gonna be healthy, knock on Wood to play next to. There's all these things that are playing a factor to helping Terrence still be better in twenty twenty five than he was in twenty twenty four. If it doesn't happen, that's when you have the questions around is he the future?
Speaker 1: Yeah? At right tackle, So he's going to have There's a lot on the line for him this year and moving into it.
Speaker 5: Nothing's going to change before the end of the year there and this is the last year that he's in their contract. I think he's got one more after this after this year. I can double check that moment.
Speaker 1: I should have checked it. God, I want to go into top three needs on this roster.
Speaker 5: If you had to rank him one, two and three of position groups that you feel like could use another piece, another player, where would you start with that?
Speaker 1: Patrick, one, two and three, go through your entire list, one, two and three.
Speaker 4: That's a that's a good one, because I will give the Cowboys credit. They have addressed these positions. Just when you thought that they weren't going to address wide receiver, they dropped George.
Speaker 1: He's under contract till twenty eight. Yeah, yeah, yeah, for a while.
Speaker 4: They dropped George Pickens in your lap at wide receiver out after this year, potential out on Terren Steele's contract. Sorry, no, you're good. I'm processing a tackle.
Speaker 1: Where you going?
Speaker 4: You get Solomon Thomas, you at least have some solid potential, albeit late round picks j LaToya for example. Safety you got, you got the I don't want to say the old guard, but you got the veterans with Malice Hooker, Donovan Wilson, and then you got the young guard Marquise Bell. I'll be a coming back from injury. Looks good so far moving around in O t A is one year Thomas, very high ceiling there. At safety, I'm going to say cornerback, it's probably yeah. I'm gonna go with cornerback as my number one. Trevon Diggs. When does he come back?
Speaker 1: Huge question?
Speaker 4: What does he look like when he comes back? Deron Blan are you keeping him outside? Are you moving him back into the nickel because you lost Jordan Lewis. He did take some snaps in the nickel.
Speaker 1: He did, and it's.
Speaker 7: So I know, I'm just saying he done a long way to go.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, and then it goes from there.
Speaker 4: Really, Kaylyn Carson up and down rookie season, more downs than ups coming off of season ending, ir what does he look like in year two? Josh Butler? When will he be ready? Probably no time soon because he suffered his torn a cl in December.
Speaker 1: You just have a lot of question he's running already though.
Speaker 4: He is though, but as far as being medically cleared, of course around against teams probably because typically you're talking about a year, you know for that to happen, he might not be ready until a potential postseason game. You want to trade it for Kye kyer Elam, But what does that look like for you? That's a big question mark. So for me, number one cornerback still pressing concern for me, I don't know how that shakes out from there.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go I think you're said at tight end.
Speaker 4: I think Brevin span Ford is going to really push that for t E three, might even push Schoolmaker for TE two. To be honest, I think Jake bounces back and Jake Ferguson didn't have as bad a year as poor year as the fans are making it out to be. It's just it wasn't as great as the previous year, which was a Pro Bowl year. But then you know, you had quarterback, you had changed, you had injuries. Yeah, he was fighting fish and the knee, so.
Speaker 1: I think he bounces back. Think tight end.
Speaker 4: So cornerback, I still need to see what the running back room looks like. I need to see, so I'm going to go running back number two. And oh boy, number three, well we talked about it. Let me just let's just go back to defensive tuch just because I need to see how that shakes up.
Speaker 6: Absolutely for me, priority wise, number one would be cornerback. I don't know who you're starting three at this point are and a lot of that is due to health. I mean, I think you have bodies, but healthy bodies is the question mark. Is Duran going to be starting in the slot?
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 6: I mean you said he's he's taking snaps here in OTAs.
Speaker 1: This is pretty far out.
Speaker 6: We won't know until we're actually on the field at training camp. So there's just so many question marks at cornerback for me. And then another thing that Tommy brought up earlier in the show was defensive tackle and just the depth there and the numbers. I mean, you have a king paste O Diggi, Zua Rogers, Mazzi Smith, Solomon Thomas j Doya Doya.
Speaker 1: It's like a soft okayya.
Speaker 6: And that's where we're at.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 6: That was the end of the list.
Speaker 1: There is that's the end of the list.
Speaker 6: There needs to be more bodies in that room, and more significant, I think, bodies to contribute to starting games. I mean, and I mean not starting necessarily, but just spelling in more and getting actual snaps. That's a concern for me. The health that defensive end is tricky. I mean, is Sam Williams go to be one hundred percent ready to go? I mean, at this point you'd think, so it's been it will be a year once we get to training camp. It was like the one of the first practices that we had a training camp where that happened. So it's still up in the air. But I would say cornerback, defensive tackle, and then you have to go. I can't say running back. I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Oh I can't.
Speaker 5: Those are my hey, I can I I did. Yeah, I would say that order. I would say corner, defensive tackle, running back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm kind of.
Speaker 4: Right now, and let's through. Isaiah's out there while you're mulling that one really quickly. So Isaiah shouts out to stand stand back.
Speaker 1: He's in. He's in the group chat. He said, he liked your fresh twist. But thank you, brother, I appreciate that. Lock Brothers, Lock Bros, Lot Bros. My heart in your heart.
Speaker 4: Hey, give the body some low. Isaiah said, for him, number one is cornerback. Number two is wide receiver. Number three is offensive tackle. He's going he at three.
Speaker 5: There are some people in the comments that I think would agree that with that, just based off of the Steel and Guidan conversation that we had throughout the show, some people feel that way. I think both guys were not very good last year and are expected to be better. I would rather see what the two younger guys have. I mean, Terrence Steel's still what in his twenties.
Speaker 1: At the moment. Yeah, of course, see what you've got with him.
Speaker 5: Let's see what what happens there, and then if you have to address tackle next year, address it in free agency. I don't want to have to draft another first round offensive tackle. But he said wide receiver too. He said wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know about that one. I think you're pretty but I okay.
Speaker 4: So this dialogue with Isaiah to understand his even with Pickens there he w R three like who is that? But I feel like I think to between Tolbert and Turpin alone before you start listing out. Okay, Well, Mingo, Mingo, brooks Ingle, Mingle, mingle with Deck is going to make a hell of a push for w R three. I believe because if you go back and look at Mingo's film in the limited games that he played for the Cowboys after the trade, the disconnect between he and Cooper Rush was evident, but he was separating. Mingo was like he was running good routes, he was getting good separation, but Cooper Rush just could not. He was skipping the ball. He was sailing the ball, and ming I'm like, oh man, mine Carolina.
Speaker 1: So I think that.
Speaker 6: Incredible at that point.
Speaker 1: I think that, mister fantastic. If you will, Isaiah and Deck will will make it.
Speaker 5: Will make it that Isaiah clarified, he said he wants. He says, offensive tackle is a depth selection.
Speaker 1: That's what I got you. Backup, OT got you. That's fair.
Speaker 8: That's that's fair and he's that's a valid point. I don't I still don't think that. You know, the defensive tackle for me, is the most glaring issue on this team there is you just don't have depth there. You don't have reliable depth at all. So Stephen Jones said over and over again, player is twenty four to seven man, it it should be for them if they're looking for another defensive tackle, because I think they're desperately in need of one. You know, I'm not necessarily saying you need to go and get you know, an Aaron Donald or anything like that, but you need somebody who's at least you know, yeah, I mean, if he wants to's, that's not a bad start. But you know, they don't necessarily need a world break or they just need a guy who can come in and be a solid depth piece, who can you know, who can be part of the rotation and contribute that way. After that, it's it's running back for me. Just because we've heard this this coaching staff talk about.
Speaker 7: We're gonna run the ball're gonna run the BA, We're gonna run the ball.
Speaker 8: I don't think they have a dude in that room in terms of like this is a guy who can be our bell cow, who can handle the offensive load, who can you know, contribute the most in our run game. They have guys who can be that, who have been that in the past, and Javonte Williams and Miles Sanders. But you know, Javonte Williams is still kind of nursing back from an injury. He said he's fully healthy. Now does that translate? Do you see what we saw from his first couple of years in Denver. Can Miles Sanders find a way to return to what he was in Philadelphia in twenty two when he went to the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 7: It's just too many unknowns. And then Jayden Blue.
Speaker 8: I know so many people are excited about Jayden Blue, and rightfully so, because this is a guy who can change the game with his speed. But he's not a bell cow. He's not a guy that's going to carry the ball twenty twenty five times a game. So where does that fit into this? And I think that's going to be something that, you know, until they figure that room out, it's going to be interesting to see how that happens. And then cornerback for me, yeah, I'll put it third because right now it's not great it is not great when you look out on the practice field and you see Kayer Elam and Andrew Booth as your starting corners, that's.
Speaker 5: Not Don't forget about Keemon Hall, go mean green.
Speaker 8: Chemon Hall was taking some slot snaps. But you know when those two were on the outside, it was Deron Bland in the slot. So keem On Hall was another guy taking slot. Why Nay Thomas took some slot corner reps to So but when they get healthy, it's not it's a pretty good room. It's a pretty good room with Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 5: You think, assuming they all come back healthy health absolutely, and that's that's a bit of something.
Speaker 1: Emphasis on healthy, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: If you didn't have her three starters on the field at the same time at any at any point last.
Speaker 7: Sea, right, and that's and and you see what happens because of it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: So, But when that room is healthy, it's a pretty good room. And agree if Savone revel is what he was on tape at East Carolina, you know you put those two out there with Deron Bland, that's that's a solid solid corner.
Speaker 6: Well, if you can guarantee me they will be healthy, I'll move him to number three.
Speaker 7: No, well I can't.
Speaker 8: Okay, well then yeah, I'll let the trading staff handle that. But but that's what I'm saying is once they if they're healthy, I think that is not as big of a concern. But until they until they get to that point, then yes, it's absolutely a concern. Because you know, we saw what happened last year with with Andrew Booth at times when he would really get picked on. I think Klein Carson was kind of in the same boat. I think back to that Eagles game where they just really picked on him, and then kyri Elam.
Speaker 7: Has looked great at points in practice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's been probably the biggest surprise.
Speaker 1: He's looked great.
Speaker 8: But this is Otat said, there's no pads on this is this is when you're supposed to look good.
Speaker 7: Everybody should be looking good right now.
Speaker 4: And I'll say one quick tidbit and then I'll talk to you col just to address something that I see going on in chat. First of all, I think, thank you ladies and gentlemen, because you're having a lot of good conversations.
Speaker 1: This is probably the best chat we've seen. Contributing. Yeah, lost the board.
Speaker 4: Let me correct something, because everyone who follows me and follows my stuff knows how I am about the salary cap and the narrative and false narratives around the salary cap. Yes, the Dallas Cowboys can bring in whomever, presumably they would like to, because right now they have thirty two million dollars in salary cap space. And then this is June third, So any posts or pre June first transactions that I was already already done. The money is there if they would like to add anyone. Stop blaming individual contracts for the front offices willingness or unwillingness to make moves because the money's there.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Okay, Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 5: And another question out of the chat, Ace said, uh, we should give filmfa a chance.
Speaker 4: And also go higher if you get Michael Parsons deal. Yeah, that'll look great.
Speaker 5: This one season said we should give Phil Moss, Phil Maffa a chance in that running back conversation, I think everybody has a chance in that running back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing. It's gonna be fun to figure out open, yeah, wide open.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be a blast this preseason.
Speaker 5: You're gonna see every every wonderful The only one I think that may take pads off is probably Javante. I think they're pretty sold on him just from conversations. I think they're pretty sold on Javante being a guy. I don't know if they see him as the guy. I think they see him as.
Speaker 6: A piece of this solid piece moving forward.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he's the guy yet, which is still on his plate to take advantage of because he has that opportunity.
Speaker 4: Also, wonder how much of Miles Sanders as the veterans he looked, he had a good practice.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering how much of.
Speaker 4: Him we'll see in the preseason, just just off the strength, and in the preseason is while you're doing evaluation, it is tilted heavily towards youthful, evacuated.
Speaker 5: You're gonna see a lot. You're gonna see a lot of Von Po, see a lot of MafA. Yeah, it's gonna be wild, all right. Due one guy we will not see in the preseason is going to be George Pickens. I don't believe we'll see him at all. Of course, Brian Schotneimer could change things and starters could play at all. Don't count on it, however, I want to know who he benefits most on the offensive side.
Speaker 1: If you're in the chat, give us your answer right now.
Speaker 5: Who is benefiting most from George Pickens Being in Dallas will give our answers when we come back right on the other side of the break with more talking cowboys.
Speaker 3: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah.
Speaker 2: Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G.
Speaker 3: Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. See add dot com Slash five fifty deals.
Speaker 13: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Dee equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Dear tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf.
Speaker 1: And sports turf equipment.
Speaker 13: United Agon Turf, the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 14: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 1: But with that Texas heat, it's.
Speaker 14: Crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys, and we're.
Speaker 1: Going to overtime Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 15: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the bank of America Mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankfamerica dot com. Slash Erica by your Side, Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may very digital tool feature required dowloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 1: To Talkin' Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys with Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Tommy Yarish, I'm Kyle Yelman's Chris Beam in the back. Ask the question who does George Pickens presence benefit the most?
Speaker 1: Who does it benefit the most?
Speaker 5: And we'll start with the UH with the I mean obvious choice is Dak right, good receiver helps your quarterback.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take Dak out of the equation.
Speaker 5: Okay, So outside of Dak Prescott, who does it benefit the most?
Speaker 6: Josh Rodriguez with cdee Lamb Baby, I think it opens up more for cd Lamb. I think you now have an have to keep the secondary honest. On the opposite opposing team. I think now you have an opportunity for Ceedee Lamb to be able to get some of that heat off man and with George Pickens being on the field, you have to be honest. You have to say respect both wide receivers and say where we have to cover both of these guys because this guy will take the top off.
Speaker 4: I agree, but I'll see your CD Lamb and I'll raise you a Jake Ferguson, Oh, I see, I'll see you that because for me, yes, it is as obvious that it'll benefit CD as it is as obvious that it'll benefit Dak Prescott. I think it's a little bit of a sleeper for Jake Ferguson in that when you're an opposing defense, if you have to account for two wide receiver ones which is falling intensive purposes, which you got with Pickskins and Lamb, that's going to allow Jake Ferguson to do so much damage in the middle of that field. And we've seen Jake Ferguson be able to make plays after the catch and things like that get him in space well with Pickens and Lamb kind of keeping you, you know, horizontally horizontally stretched pause.
Speaker 1: I knew you were going to do it.
Speaker 7: I knew it.
Speaker 1: That's gonna allow Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 4: To be able to run those those slants and those INDs and sit down and catch those passes and then turn around and make plays against linebackers and smaller defensive backs and safeties who are trying to crash down on him. But one false move and then there's a mistackle and there's you know, chunkyardist to be had. So for me, I think it's gonna be Jake Ferguson that benefits the most. Outside of the too obvious. With your CD Lamb and Dack Prescott, you are going to hell and taking me with you. At least bring some ice water.
Speaker 8: Nobody say anything, you know, I think the easy the answers are CD and DAK and you know, I think Patrick makes a really good point with with Jake Ferguson. But I think this kind of alleviates a little bit off the run game too. I think when you've got the threat of two wide receivers like Ceedee Lamb and George Pickens playing on the same field together, that's a lot that you've got to account for. If you're a defense, So maybe that opens things up for you. Maybe that means less crowded boxes that you've got to deal with when you're running the football. So if that's the case, then you know, maybe a Javante Williams or a Jayden Blue or Miles Sanders can get to get something done for you.
Speaker 7: But that goes back to the need at running back.
Speaker 8: Is like, if you had a guy and you had a guy that you knew you could count on, that's great situation for him there. But nonetheless, I think overall, if this run game is what Brian Schottheimer and this coaching staff are wanting it to be, I think the addition to George Pickens helps your run game.
Speaker 1: Out a lot. Asia agrees stand back dropped the same thing. Oh does he running back? Let's go running back? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think of course it's going to help your run game. You still got to have to you have to establish a run game absolutely. I mean, because we've talked about this many many times over the years, but when is Dak Prescott at his best when he can play action correct, when play action can be effective. So you've got to run the ball first in order for that to happen.
Speaker 1: I agree though.
Speaker 5: The more you have a threat outside and the more teams have to allocate their resources to try and slow down both Seed Lamb and George Pickens, it's going to open things up. You're gonna see lighter boxes, You're gonna see less run game support. You're gonna be able to run the football more effectively and then thus establish the run play action then built on top of that, and it's good for everybody. This is why adding a legitimate wide receiver two was such a concern this year, because you felt close. And that's where I'm just going to continue adding on the layers here. I think guys like Jalen Tolbert do benefit. Whoever takes that wide receiver three spots going to benefit. Let's put it that way, because it is a wide open conversation between Tolbert, Turpin, Mingo Flinoy, whoever wants to be in that conversation. Wide receiver three is wide open. And I keep going back to last year. Jalen Tolbert had seven touchdowns, which led the team last year. If he can still have some level of impact similar stat line doesn't even have to have the seven touchdowns, it's five or six. He has some level of production, he could be widely known as one of the better wide receiver threes in the league with one of the better wide receiver duos in front of him.
Speaker 6: He just can't have that number two spotlight on him. I really think that that is just very non beneficial to what he.
Speaker 1: Fits into this role.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he fits into this role, and so I think he'll be the one that ultimately takes over the wide receiver three spot because he's done it in the regular season, he's done it throughout practice, and he's been one of those guys that Brian Schottenheim has already talked.
Speaker 6: To me with Dick, he's got chemistry reliable in that third slot for sure.
Speaker 1: I think it's a perfect fit.
Speaker 5: So it just moves everybody else down the line, down the depth chart, and it helps them fit into those roles better and better. I agree with Ferguson, I agree with the run game. I agree with everybody else that's out there cd UH in terms of pickings availability, that's.
Speaker 1: Why you had to add this wide receiver to That's fair, I like or however you.
Speaker 6: Want to however you want to say it. Ace Boogie painted a picture in the comments like he's been on fire.
Speaker 1: I like this though.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to see C. D. Pickens, Turpin and Blue on the field together.
Speaker 1: Package NASCAR package stretching horizontally.
Speaker 7: Offensive mass package.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. I like that though. I mean as a defense, that a lot of formation.
Speaker 6: That's a lot of that's a lot of speed.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like this seriously.
Speaker 4: Also shout out to CD Pig Earlier I called it my fellow spelling spelling Bee guy. He said he was in spelling be went to state twice.
Speaker 1: That guy did.
Speaker 4: Shouts out to my shouts out to everyone who's ever participated in spelling Bee's pressure.
Speaker 1: That was the weirdest shout out I've ever showed up.
Speaker 6: Shout out the spelling.
Speaker 1: Bee shout out to everyone who's ever participated.
Speaker 4: Damn right, it's about versatility on this show.
Speaker 1: Right, we're talking football, You're gonna get a little bit of everything.
Speaker 5: I mean, we could talk basketball. The Origin of Magic had a great rebrand this.
Speaker 6: It's a little familiar. Is a lot talking about the star. Looks a little italicized star on there. You see do you not see it.
Speaker 1: On like the word mark? Yeah, I'm saying if you untealize it.
Speaker 5: I don't know, man, Yeah, move that over into the camera because I agree with you. It looks like it's instead of hitting bold, they hit a tal size on their word document.
Speaker 6: Just saying it's a little a little hey.
Speaker 7: Those those uniforms though, they are sweet. Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were even talking Italian during the break, That's true. We were talking cow cup to just Italian fragrance is Italian cooking wafting through his residuce.
Speaker 6: He says that while about to eat a plantain over there, Dude, look at how green this banana is.
Speaker 1: It needs to grow up. Is gonna sit on my desk first and then well then we'll attack it.
Speaker 6: It's immature.
Speaker 5: One thing you want to see from OTA is as we wrap up this edition, final OTA practice open to the media is today, and then we get in the mini camp where we get to see all of practice next week, which.
Speaker 1: Will be fun. I want to see. I want to see.
Speaker 4: Better accuracy from Joe Milton is what I want to see. I've seen him make some throws where I've raised an eyebrown. I'm like, you know what, there it is, there it is. And I've seen some throws where I'm like, you know what, that ain't it. That's not it, that's not it at all. Arm Strength is definitely not the issue whatsoever. Athleticism is definitely not the issue. He just needs to be more consistent with his ball placement. So I want to see more accuracy, or I should say more consistency in his accuracy as we go into a three day mini camp next week.
Speaker 5: I actually charted their throws last week, so in the full eleven on eleven Dak went. And the reason I charged this somebody put it up on like ESPN for the Browns quarterback room.
Speaker 1: I don't know why there's a graphic.
Speaker 6: For OTAs because it's the Browns.
Speaker 5: I guess it's because it's the Browns quarterback room. If you want to make a graphic out of this, more power to you.
Speaker 1: But it's it's OTAs. Guys. Come on four for six Dak. There were a couple of deep shots.
Speaker 5: He threw a four, threw a dime to CD Lamb down the left sideline and just hit CD's hands and fell in complete.
Speaker 1: That catch is going to be made on Sundays.
Speaker 5: And then he had a curl broken up by kyr Elam, who had a really nice play on Jake Ferguson. That was a four for six and then Milton went four for five last week, but it was really underneath.
Speaker 1: They didn't really try the deep ball a ton.
Speaker 5: He missed his first one and then he ended up completing everything after that, but it was all sliding catch over the middle. There was one spinning catch up the scene from Princeton Fant who made a nice play, turned back to the ball, spun around and kept going and then outs on the sideline and then another slide I didn't catch up with the back shoulder by Jonathan Mingo. So last week was decent and the full team portion seven on seven was a little bit shakier. He went three for five in that passing side of things, but again it's ot as. I just want to see more accuracy, consistency, more consistency, good days build on top of it.
Speaker 1: But just to add to your point.
Speaker 6: There, I don't want to give you guys a real answer, so I'm going to go with this. I want to see the Nike Vapor Pro one ceedee Lamb's signature cleat. I want to go see that bad Boy.
Speaker 1: Is that the one with the snot on it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Pity those are because he can't do the celebration anymore.
Speaker 7: Have you seen I thought it was slime.
Speaker 5: I mean, nobody wants to buy snot shoes, but that's why I call it. But yeah, it's a reference to the snotty news. Am I going to get fine?
Speaker 1: Now? Maybe? I hope so be pretty fun? Please?
Speaker 6: I hope you can.
Speaker 1: That would be a great segment next week.
Speaker 6: But that's what I'm looking for it. I'm gonna go out there and get a peek.
Speaker 8: At him today, looking for is there more of a steady first team defensive line. There's been so much rotation with you know, at the both defensive tackle and off the edge. You know, you've got Solomon Thomas, Mazzi Smith, Ohso Diggy Zua all rotating in and out that we I talked about taking some first team reps, but really at edge two we've seen D'ante Fowler, Peyton Turner, Marshawn Neeland. Sam Williams is off working to the side, but he's going to be in that equation. So there's just a lot of Donovan Azeraku, the second round pick, So there's a lot of rotating and a lot of trying to figure things out. Now that we've got two more OTAs left and this is the last one that we get to see, do things start to get a little bit more solidified before we head into mini camp.
Speaker 7: That's what I'll be looking for.
Speaker 1: Today, Melvin, I suit you did there? What do you say? He said?
Speaker 4: Oh, he's not talking about that kind of slow. That's a different conversation. We can't talk about it only here because if you actually know what the nose white, you know, I'm not going to put that out there for you.
Speaker 1: See, I don't know what it means. I'll tell you off the air. Okay, we'll talk about it. It's cool, blook, It's cool.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, Well, when we come back next week, it'll be our final episode of the season, final episode of the off season.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, what season has to start yet? Where we will be back in training camp?
Speaker 10: Is?
Speaker 1: When? Is it already mid February? I hope?
Speaker 5: So? But yeah, once we will, we'll wrap up the off season next week. We'll we'll talk about what to expect going into the summer, and then after that, the next time the Mike's turned back on, we'll be in the cool crisp air of Oxnard, California. But we got one more show and we'll be back next week. Tommy, do you know if you're back next week if Isaiah is not.
Speaker 6: I don't I think he I think he's out.
Speaker 1: You think he's out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, we'll see Isaiah in training camp. We'll see Tommy next week for Patrick nose Walker, for Josh Rodriguez, Tommy as Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 1: I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 4: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.