Speaker 1: To teas in a pod with Teddy Mellencamp and camera judge.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of the Twatzi.
Speaker 3: Today we have Sena Shay from.
Speaker 2: Vander Pump Rules and she wrote a book. So she has a new book, her memoir My Good Side. It's set to release in July. She also just participated in season thirteen of The Mass Singer as a character bat. She performed Sabrina Carpenter's Espresso. So let's bring Sena in. Hello girl, Hello Shina, how are you doing.
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 5: I just got back from four days in Palm Springs.
Speaker 4: It was nice.
Speaker 5: My daughter's on spring break right now, so went out there for a few days and just enjoyed the time.
Speaker 2: Now you have a second home in Palm Spring, Pump Springs, pomp Desert.
Speaker 3: Which one is it?
Speaker 4: Palm Springs, Palm Springs? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you'd love it so much out there?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 5: It was the best purchase I've ever made. It was twenty nineteen. I had no idea, you know, fast forward a year that we would actually be living in it in a pandemic, and it's the best, such a good escape. It's far enough but close enough that we could go whenever.
Speaker 2: So we've often thought about buying a Palm Springs. We ended up buying a Big Bear. But we were out there for the Indy car in Indian Wells.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I kind of want to buy a place here too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so nice, it really is.
Speaker 2: And you know I've told you this when I saw you at Crystal's party. I'm obsessed with watching Brock do all the home renovations.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's why we were out there too. He just redid my backyard there. We had so much wasted space of dirt and rocks and just like cactus and whatnot, and so we replanted a palm onto.
Speaker 4: The side and then he added all of this turf.
Speaker 5: So we have a massive area that was just wasted and dirt that now our daughter can have a splash pad, a bounce house, whatever.
Speaker 4: So he got that done.
Speaker 2: And it looks you are so lucky that he could do all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Now I know, I save so much money.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my husband is like, can you screw in a life? No, I'm joking. He can do things, but not necessary.
Speaker 2: He tries. It's one of those like let me watch YouTube, and I'm like, no, that I'm hiring somebody.
Speaker 5: Yes, now, it doesn't off anyone for anything he wants to do at all, But I also want everything done quickly, so I'm like, okay. Well, he's like, I want to build outdoor furniture. I'm like, okay, but I want outdoor furniture tomorrow. So I'm just gonna want to And that's very tricky. You have to be extremely talented to be doing that. I know we still want to do a nook in the house, but I think he's going to bring in someone to help with that just because of like the cabinets and stuff. He doesn't feel one hundred percent confident building.
Speaker 2: Now, how is Summer Moon doing? And do you want a second?
Speaker 4: So funny you ask that.
Speaker 5: This morning he actually went to pick up the tank to then go to where my frozen eggs are at the facility my doctor is no longer at put the eggs in the tank, and then take the tank back to my doctor's new office. So that's step one in a very long process. We're not ready, I'm at least not ready yet. We have to go the surrogate route. It's not smart for me to try and get pregnant again. Especially about to turn forty. I'm already high risk. I got help syndrome. The chance of that in miscarriage is just way too high. So if we do, it would be a surrogate. But I'm like, okay, step one, get the sperm tested, move the eggs over.
Speaker 4: That's as far as I can go.
Speaker 5: And then we might make some embryos sometimes this year.
Speaker 4: But I'm not ready. We have such a.
Speaker 5: Great little family unit US three right now, and she is just crushing everything.
Speaker 4: She's in jiu jitsu.
Speaker 5: She's amazing with that, and I'm not ready to change our family unit just yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand that. So let's talk about mass singer. Yes, tell me everything like beginning to end. Like I've heard like stories that they're so secretive there there's no lakes at all.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 4: Oh it was crazy.
Speaker 5: It's one of the most fun and scary things I've ever done. I loved the secrecy of it because you know, I gotta be in this costume. I gotta come out and just do my high kick and have all this confidence and no one knows who I am. The singing part of it made me so nervous because I sing live over a track usually with an auto tuned mic unless I just up on the bar it, sir, and you know there's no autotune mic. But I'm always over a fully mastered track mass singer. I mean, sure they have like the backing track, just the music, but your vocals are live. All of the comments I've seen of people being like, what in the auto tune, I'm like, no, no, no, that is my voice. So that was scary because also during that time I was dealing with acid reflex. My voice is already not I'm not a well trained vocalist.
Speaker 4: I am not good.
Speaker 2: I just I just got acid reflex. So the first time in my fifty seven years of living, I had to I'm like, I keep coughing, my my voice is hoarse. I went to the ante and he put like a scope down my nose into my throat, and I'm like, he's all, it's acid reflex.
Speaker 3: I'm like, am I dying?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: He's like, it's acid reflex.
Speaker 5: And of course, you know, everyone who listens to the podcast or whatever when I'm talking about this wants to die knows me. I had someone tell me I probably have throat cancer. At another person tell me it's probably my thyroid. All of these things I'm worried about, and so I finally it was a few weeks before I got the offer for the show that I had gone to the doctor. I was on medication, but my voice still wasn't back yet. So I was doing all of the things. I was steaming my voice several times a day, drinking throat cook tea. I had my giant Stanley cop just filled with lukewarm water. I was doing all of the things to try and have my voice be the best it could be. And after I got sent home the first night, I was so disappointed. It did a number on my confidence because I felt like, wow, like I really was giving it my all and I felt like I did good. And then to just hear them say bat and I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, hold on, is my India correct? Like I think he just said bat? He did not mean to say bat.
Speaker 5: And it was so hard to then have to go back out, take the mask off, perform put a happy on when I was so sad. I felt like my second song was so much stronger, it was better suited for my voice. I loved the performance. I was going to be on a motorcycle. I came out a motorcycle. I do like a high kickoff the motorcycle. The choreography, I was going to go down into a full split, but then they had me finishing on a platform, so I'm like, okay, we'll do like half a split. And I had this great ending position and I didn't get to do any of that, and I was so bummed. And then I realized it just kind of recently after watching it back, that getting sent home first, I felt like did a number on my confidence and just like, I don't want to say I was depressed, but I think it put me in a bit of a depression where I was like, I kind of stopped working out. It was then the holidays and then months passed, and you know, when you missed the gym for a while, it's so hard to get back into it. And yeah, watching it back, I'm like, you know what I did pretty good.
Speaker 2: I thought you did great. I thought I thought you made four episodes?
Speaker 3: Did you? Were you on four episodes?
Speaker 4: That's the one just I thought it was four.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that it was episode four of the season. But they do three groups, so I was the first and the first to go home in my group, so it was the fourth episode of the season, so I wasn't like the first first, but it was the first in my group, which was such a bummer because if I would have went home after week two, I would have been like done. I did my best, Like it was a great experience, so fun, and the other people in my group, three of them are like really good singers, Like I knew I wasn't going to get probably past week two.
Speaker 4: But also it's not a singing competition. It's a guessing game.
Speaker 5: I'm like, but it kind of is because some of these people on the show. I'm like, I guarantee the two people left in my group are recording artists, Like they are so vocally trained you could just tell.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think that's fair. I think it's the same situation Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: You're putting professional people that know how to dance and dance the whole life. It gets somebody like, let's say me, who has two left feet, Like that's not fair. Not that they're asking me to be on the show or anything, but I can saying well, you never know. But back to like you saying like you haven't worked out that is kind of depression, Like I am somebody that's there five days a week. In the past six weeks since Teddy got diagnosed, I can't. I can't muster the energy to even go to the gym and just like work up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's off.
Speaker 5: And I feel like I'm turning forty in five weeks, and I went from wanting to plan this huge party to now I'm like, I don't know, like we'll do something, but I'm like, I wanted to go into forty feeling the best I've ever felt, looking off and like I'm not there. But I'm like, all right, I've got five weeks. I got to get my shit together because I want to feel good going into forty, going into you know, whatever projects happened.
Speaker 4: This summer book tour.
Speaker 5: I want to be able to just have my stylist pool anything and I feel good in it. So that's my next few months is to just get my shit together.
Speaker 3: It's gonna happen. Trust me.
Speaker 2: I was in the worst place to have been, in the worst place in my life, and I literally got a ted talk from Teddy that's just like, if I'm doing this, you can do it, you bet. Because it has been very difficult for me to film the season.
Speaker 3: You go out there, you kick ass, you do that.
Speaker 2: If I have to do this, you have to do that. And I'm like, it really sparked me. And you you've gone through a lot of hits, like you've been on a show for over a decade and now that show has been recast and then but you are on the Bellley right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm a friend this season. I don't know how.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've filmed a lot, you know, I was around a lot. You never know what they're going to use or how the storylines are going to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was fun.
Speaker 5: And all of the people, not all most our genuine friends. These are like my mom friends, and this is when we're all neighbors and a bunch of our kids go to school together.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's a perfect fit. It is a perfect fit. And even if you're just a friend this season, I see it, you know, going into full time and that show is so good.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like the season two hasn't even aired yet, Like they're going to get a season three.
Speaker 4: I know it because I lived it.
Speaker 2: And for sure you're gonna get You're gonna get Dance with the Stars eventually, you're gonna get traders, You're gonna be on the valley and all of a sudden, you're gonna be like like I was when I had two years off. Why didn't I enjoy those two years off?
Speaker 5: You when you told me that a few months ago when we were talking.
Speaker 4: I've been taking that in.
Speaker 5: That's what just like going to Palm Springs and just soaking it all in and enjoying this time with my daughter because in June she goes to school five days a week. So I'm just trying to enjoy all of the downtime I've had because I know this summer with book tour and everything else, it's going to be really busy again. So thank you for that advice, because I have totally taken it and.
Speaker 2: D just enjoy that time. Yes, And I also want to thank you. You are one person that reached out to me almost every other day to ask about Teddy and how she was doing and just so concerned. And I just I told her how many times you reached out and just thank you so much. So you have a book coming out, let's talk about it. It's your memoir My Good Side.
Speaker 3: It's coming out.
Speaker 2: July twenty second, and it's available for pre order now. So how do they pre order?
Speaker 3: Is it through Amazon?
Speaker 5: Is go to my good sidebook dot com and then they will direct you if you want to buy on Amazon, if you want to go to Barnes and Noble Premiere. There are signed copies available on Premiere and Barnes and Noble. I have two thousand pages I am signing for all of these books going out, So it's another thing. I'm about to turn forty and I'm like, okay, now I've got smile lines that stay, and I feel I'm getting ritis in my hand, Like you all.
Speaker 2: Have carpool tunnel for me now.
Speaker 4: I was coloring with my daughter on Christmas.
Speaker 5: We got her this like giant cardboard gingerbread house that we're coloring together, and then I realized. I was like, oh, I'm kind of getting a cramp. And now we're going into April and my hand is still not working properly, so the signature might be a little wonky.
Speaker 4: There will be me signed copies.
Speaker 3: Talk to me when you get in your fifties.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, all kinds of shit I go to I go into that train you have gurd I'm like, what the hell is gird? Is that like gout any? And then I'm like, in the same day, I'm like, is that do I have tonel fungus? What the hell is going on? I'm like, God, I'm just falling apart.
Speaker 3: I'm starting to give up.
Speaker 4: Can you guess is called bird? It just sound of it. You know, It's like, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I don't like it either, So give us a little sneak peek of what we can expect for your book.
Speaker 5: So, I mean, it literally starts from before birth. I talk about how my parents met up until December, like it's really current. I talk about when I got the call for vander Pump Rules getting rebooted. I definitely spill a little btst in the book.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was just going to ask you that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I I'm sure there will be people who have opinions about some things that I say after, but this is my truth, and this is my time to take the narrative back and to tell my story from my point of view without people editing it, you know. I mean, yeah, of course there's a copy editor, but this is my words. I've read this book more times than I want to, just making sure like each little word. I'm like, Okay, I don't like the way this sounds. Let me rewrite it this way. And it's been a process. It's been a lot of rewriting things, trying to say things in a way where I'm not going to offend people, but I'm still going to tell my truth.
Speaker 2: And oh, you're going to offend people, of course, know is there anything you have to give it away?
Speaker 3: But is there anything in there that you're super nervous about people reading.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a full chapter.
Speaker 5: Just things that I finally open up about in the book that probably would have been on season twelve of vander Pump Rules, but you know, not getting that opportunity now maybe season three of The Valley. But I just wanted to put it all out there, every single aspect of me, the things I'm most insecure about. I literally put it all in there, and I hope I don't regret that when it comes out. Dedication to my daughter at the end and I'm like, you know, I hope if you read this one day, that I don't embarrass you too much, that you're proud of me, and you know that me sharing my story definitely is helping other people, especially in like the OCD.
Speaker 4: Community know that they're not alone. I've had so many people reach out.
Speaker 5: Being like I had no idea what was wrong with me, And now i know, like, Okay, those are called intrusive thoughts. This is something that you know it's like, but people don't talk about it as much because you feel like if I say the things going on in my head, I sound crazy. Like I literally went on a hike with my family. It was rock summer and I when we were in Pump Springs. We took the aerial tramway all the way to the top and there wasn't much snow left. But our daughter loves rock climbing, and she just starts like climbing these actual rocks and I'm like, oh my god, I saw her die like five times. It was like I saw her go off the rock. I saw the stick going her eye, and all of these things that I'm just like, I don't want to see these things. But also now that I'm medicated, I feel like I'm able to kind of shut them down quicker where I'm like, Okay, that's not gonna happen. We're right here by her. If she falls, I'm going to catch her. But I'm not always going to be there. You know, she might climb a rock at school and fall off, and I'm not always going to be there, So just.
Speaker 2: Yea for people that don't there's probably a lot of people that don't understand that, But I have those as well.
Speaker 3: I have intrusive thought it's really bad.
Speaker 2: And Eddie rides motorcycles, so between dirt bikes and Harley's. When he goes out and I can't, I don't hear from him or something, I have like he died, the CoP's gonna call me. I'm planning his funeral. Like all these things go through my head. If my daughter doesn't respond to me and she's out and it's late, I have that whole like it's it's a situation.
Speaker 4: And I just have a toddler right now.
Speaker 5: And then when I think about the future, I'm like, my OCD doesn't really let me even look into the future that far. I can kind kind of just go one year at a time, but then if you ask me, like where do you see yourself in two years? And then I'm like, oh my god, where's she going to be going to kindergarten? Like we have to start touring schools we have to start applying this fall, and that's as far as I can get.
Speaker 4: I'm like, let's just let's get her into kindergarten.
Speaker 2: I can't even it's hard to struggle. I'm going through therapy right now and trying to figure out what the hell is going on with me. My daughter is very OCD, she's a counter and all those things and the intrusive thoughts, and so, you know, me and her bond over that experience, but it's difficult to figure out what to do and try to make it better and try to internally go okay, that's an intrusive thought. Let me just move on, Like you know, it's hard. So you said you're turning forty. Is there some big birthday plan? Who's on the guest?
Speaker 5: I'm literally at a I have no idea what I'm going to do. We wanted to do an all incline US a resort in Cabo, and do like a big party, and then it just wasn't coming together as easily as I wanted it to. And my birthdays on a Wednesday, the Friday after my birthdays, literally two days later, we have a wedding in Vegas. So now I'm thinking do we just go to Vegas and do Wednesday Thursday, have a down day, spa day, and then the wedding Friday. So I'm thinking we might just do Vegas.
Speaker 3: But it sounds easier.
Speaker 5: It does, and I want to invite everyone, you know, Like I want to go somewhere where. I really liked what we did for Bravocon night one when we all went up to the Foundation Room and just that whole area, Like I'm kind of just thinking something that's like that kind of vibe doesn't necessarily have to be a rented out space, private party, but somewhere with a good view, good drinks.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Let's talk about the Indian of Vanner punt Roles a little bit as somebody that was on a show for over a decade and then in ended. For me, it was devastating for me. It took me like a whole year to feel normal again. Did you go through that grieving process?
Speaker 5: I think we felt it coming, to be honest, and I feel like we had a bit of a heads up, so it wasn't a complete shock when we got the call. Still it was like, oh, Okay, that finally happened. But then they're like, but you know, you're gonna be on the Valley. So having filmed the Valley in place of Season twelve last summer, I felt like I still got my fix and I didn't yeah skip a beat, even though it was different. It was a lot of our same crew, same showrunner, so it kind of felt like home, and I feel like that was an easy transition out of one thing to just kind of hop into another. But it's gonna be really weird when you know there's vander pumber Well season twelve and we're watching previews for the next week.
Speaker 2: I know, Oh, do you know any of the cast members?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 5: I know a couple of the girls who one of them I had worked with there back in the day. She's been there for many years and I wanted to get her on the show like season seven, but she was pretty much only friends with me and didn't really fit in the rest of the group. So I'm really excited for her and then her best friend I met more recently at SIR when I was just there for a night with Captain Jason, so I talked to her and you know, yeah, so I'm really I'm excited for them. You know, this show has brought so much opportunity to my life, and I'm excited for the new kids to get there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, do you think that they should have kept some of their original cast members? Because we know how hard it is to recast a show and get people invested in it. I mean, we're they're having problems with Real Housewives of New York. Now, do you think that they should have or do you think you guys have kind of outgrown it and now you're better suited for the Valley.
Speaker 4: Maybe a little bit of both.
Speaker 5: Like Peter still works at the restaurant, you know, so I feel like he should be a part of it. You still have Geirmo and Natalie Lisa, so I guess you maybe do.
Speaker 4: Have some the same.
Speaker 5: I'm more curious how they're going to start the first episode, you know, because it was so iconic when we went from Housewives Seemless vander Pump Rules, So are they going to do something similar? Are some of us going to get a call to appear?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's what I was wondering, if you guys are going to get they haven't have they started filming yet or not?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think they're filming in April, I heard, but they haven't started yet.
Speaker 3: What's your relationship with Lisa vander Pump.
Speaker 5: I don't talk to her too often. She usually calls when she needs something.
Speaker 4: That was recent.
Speaker 5: When I talked to her, she had a question about a friend of mine on another show of hers, and that was pretty much it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're some use to her. So she has nothing to do with The Valley right, she.
Speaker 5: Has her name on it. She's technically an executive produce.
Speaker 2: Of course she does, but she doesn't.
Speaker 5: Know anything going on on it. When she found out Kristen was pregnant, she asked if, like we knew who the dad was, and we're like, you're an executive producer on the show.
Speaker 2: I read that.
Speaker 3: I read that he's.
Speaker 4: Very much not involved, but she has her name on the show.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, So where do you stand right now with both Ariana and Sandoval?
Speaker 4: I actually was with Ariana last night.
Speaker 5: We had a mutual friend's birthday, so we spent the most time we've spent together in a while, and it was really fun. Sandoval, I have not talked to him and I don't even know how long, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you watch him on Traders?
Speaker 4: I did, and I thoroughly enjoyed this season.
Speaker 3: It was so good.
Speaker 4: I'm obsessed with that show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's well, you'll be on it sooner or later. I know it.
Speaker 2: How are you currently supporting Ali now? The current situation with her and James? We had discussions years ago about this.
Speaker 5: I remember me, you and Raquel at Bravocan and so I was actually also with Ali yesterday. She just did a play that my sister was in.
Speaker 4: It was so she's doing really well.
Speaker 5: She has a new podcast coming out called Starstruck, where she is going to be having celebrities on and reading their birth charts, and she has a new apartment.
Speaker 4: She's her really well.
Speaker 5: I've been there with her from the morning after I got the call that he was around, and I've just been there for her in any way she needs support.
Speaker 4: But she's doing really well.
Speaker 5: I'm really proud of her because I know it's never easy to leave that kind of situation because when it's good, it's great, but when it's bad, it's bad.
Speaker 4: And I'm just happy that she's out.
Speaker 2: I never really understood that relationship, and then being around them that one time, I'm like, what the hell, You're so cute, so sweet, such a good gurl, I'm like, what are you doing? I wanted to shake her, but all the best to her for sure. Were you surprised at Jack's announcement about his addiction.
Speaker 4: I can't say I was surprised.
Speaker 5: I'm more so surprised that he finally admitted it, which you know also is not an easy thing to admit. But the timing of it, the little sauce.
Speaker 4: You know, about to start.
Speaker 5: You're trying to get some sympathy, So the timing of it was interesting.
Speaker 4: But I can't stay I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has Brittany on the wake of Jack's announcement, I'm sure it was no big revelation to her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean he has just been awful to her. You know, she has been through it. She was at the birthday dinner last night as well, and she is such an incredible mother, very strong woman, and Cruse is really lucky that he has her. You know, she has just been through so much over the last ten years. And similar to you know, Ali and Raquel and the girls who are with these narcissistic men, and it's even if it's not physically abusive, there's so many other types of abuse and just again I'm happy that she's out, you know. I'm happy that her and Ali are doing well and taking care of themselves, and I'm just glad that she's out of that situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. I mean, I don't know her, but she just seems so sweet. She is so sweet, so kind.
Speaker 3: It was another situation.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why why are they together? Do you think that it's time for Jacks to hang up his reality TV career?
Speaker 5: I mean, I get it, he's entertaining, he's good TV. But also when a bad behavior is rewarded with, you know, another season, another season, it's like, yeah, I don't know. He wasn't around as much, or at least not around me this current season that's about to air. So yeah, I don't know what's gonna happen next season, but.
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 3: It'll be interesting. What are you most excited to see next season on The Valley.
Speaker 5: I'm hoping Summer Moon has her little appearance in it. They did film at my house, so that'll be just cute to see, you know, whenever she's on camera, she was swimming and whatnot. But I don't know, I'm just I'm excited to see me with a new group on a similar show. I think it'll be exciting. I hope fun, but it was also I mean there were some explosive moments that I've heard about that I'm like, oh, I can't wait to see that, you know, I just I got the call about it, but now to watch it all, to see their Hawaii trip that I was not on, I'm excited to see that.
Speaker 4: Kristen's engagement.
Speaker 2: Are you close to Kristin?
Speaker 4: We go up and down.
Speaker 5: You know, it's like we'll talk every day, then we don't talk for a month, and then we find our way back. So it's definitely one that ebbs and flows, but you know, nothing but love for her and excited for her baby baby girl on the way.
Speaker 2: Oh that she should be do pretty soon, right.
Speaker 4: I think she's got like two more months.
Speaker 2: Two months now sta see somebody that we really haven't seen back on reality TV.
Speaker 4: I'm set her back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like she she took a long break.
Speaker 3: She really did.
Speaker 2: What do you say to people who think that the other Van of Pump Rolls cast shouldn't show up to the valley? Do you think that there's like certain people from your cast or Vandon pump roles cast that will beginning spin offs maybe Valley.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I could definitely see that. I could see, you know, something around Ariana and Katie and the sandwich shop.
Speaker 3: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could totally see that.
Speaker 5: So, you know, some of us who it makes sense to move on to the Valley that you know makes sense, but then some I mean, I hope that everyone you know continues to do something in this space, whether it's another show or you know, a new podcast. Everyone has one, everyone, but not everybody needs one.
Speaker 4: Valley has a podcast.
Speaker 3: I mean, it seems to be the thing to do almost now.
Speaker 4: Jesse doesn't, but pretty much everyone else.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's funny. Do you go to their sandwich shop?
Speaker 5: I am not in West Hollywood that often. Usually, like when I come here to record my podcast is like the one time I'm in West Hollywood, but then I have to go back over the hill to pick up somewhere from school, So I'm not in this area as much.
Speaker 3: But so you don't have a favorite sandwich from.
Speaker 5: I'm what it was called. It was the Turkey sandwich. I'm a basic bitch when it comes to sandwiches.
Speaker 4: I don't want.
Speaker 2: Anything on it I am.
Speaker 5: I'm like, if I go there, it would be the turkey sandwich, the grilled cheese or one. It was like a peanut butter and jelly, but I think it had like chips or something on it.
Speaker 4: That's but no, everything they're so good.
Speaker 5: They have lover Boy there, so I love that you get those little Bravo crossover a.
Speaker 3: Little cross promotion there. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much. Is there anything else you want to talk about?
Speaker 5: My podcast Every First Shenanigans. The book available for pre order. This is, you know, the biggest, one of the biggest things I think I've ever done in my career. It's terrifying but exciting and yeah, I'm just happy that people will get to have my full story through my voice, in my own words, and I hope they understand me a little bit better after reading it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know reality TV.
Speaker 2: It's funny because people want to one hundred percent judge you on an edited TV show that polarizes your you know.
Speaker 3: Usually your worst behavior. So look, and it's hard and from somebody.
Speaker 2: You've gotten a lot of shit on social media and I have to last year was probably one of my worst ever and it is hurtful.
Speaker 3: As much as you think I don't care about what people are saying.
Speaker 2: It's hard, and I do personally think that there needs to be new laws set with Instagram, Like I'm all for this freedom of speech, but when people are sending you death threats and saying horrible things, it's not okay.
Speaker 4: No, And it's just for the people.
Speaker 5: I look at it from a perspective of what is so wrong in your life that you feel okay to go on to a stranger's page say the meanest things. And then I look at their profile and it's like a Bible verse, a photo of their dog, their children, And so if their profile is public, I will go comment on a photo of their children and just say I pray for your kids that they never get like you're doing to me. I'm just going to say a prayer for them because the fact that this you're a parent, I mean, like, come.
Speaker 3: On, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I remember having a meeting with Bravo and they told me, listen, just know that the people that are very vocal like that, it's three percent of our viewers.
Speaker 3: So just keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Like now a lot of them are hired butts nowadays, Yeah, And.
Speaker 5: The thing is too, when we're at Bravocon, when we're at these type of events and stuff, every single person is so nice, So like, you know, that's it's not what's online. It's having those interactions with the fans, Like I'm so excited for a book tour. I don't think anyone's gonna come up and say something rude like that's commented on my Instagram.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think I've ever had in the seventeen years, anybody come up to me and say something nasty to my face.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I can remember. Maybe they have, but I really can't remember.
Speaker 5: Yeah, totally. A question for you, how is filming going? Can you tell me? Oh?
Speaker 3: I wish I could tell you.
Speaker 2: I can just say it's been very difficult for me with a lot of stuff that, you know, personal stuff that's going on. It's always hard when real life stuff is really bringing you down.
Speaker 3: It's hard, really hard.
Speaker 5: Do you feel better about this season though, than last?
Speaker 2: You know what, I didn't feel bad about last season and then it aired, I'm like, what the hell?
Speaker 4: No, Crystals, I'm like, how are you? And You're like, wow, Mike, no, I've seen.
Speaker 3: I'm like, how the hell did that happen? You know, it's it's it was. It was brutal for sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: And then you know, it's like there's people on the shows, all the shows across the board that move storyline and get things going, and then sometimes you are, you know, the asshole shit store because you're trying to get things going. So it's like you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. Totally it's difficult. But one last question, ask about how it felt that Lady Gaga was gonna miss her? Wait what Lady Gaga said she was going to miss you?
Speaker 5: On a lie detector test for Vanity Fair, they asked her if she was excited for a new cast of Vanderbump Rolls and she says no, yes, no, and they're like inconclusive, and they go, who are you going to miss most from the original cast, and she just goes.
Speaker 4: Sina on a line. Though I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: Then I hear that she's hosting and a musical guest for SNL and so NBC got me tickets. I went to the show, hung out with her at the after party, say like it was so iconic. I've had such a crazy month between Lady Gaga, the Jonahs brothers and math singer.
Speaker 4: March has been insane for me.
Speaker 5: So I feel like I'm getting my mojo back, I'm getting my r and we're going to go into forty feeling good.
Speaker 2: Being far and again, I'll tell you this, just relax, have a good time with your family, because you know, once you start filming stuff, it takes away from family time and it keeps you busy and you're not able to go to your second house as much to relax. So take it all in right now, you know, because you are going to be booked and busy here pretty soon.
Speaker 5: Kay.
Speaker 4: We've been wanting to do this for so long, So I'm glad. I know why. I know Shenanigan's with you as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me know.
Speaker 4: Let me know all the love Teddy as well, you know, I will, I will.
Speaker 3: I was hoping to see her today, so hopefully that happens.
Speaker 2: But thank you so much first and love to the family, same to you, Okay, bye bye,