Speaker 1: Let's talk about it. Let's talk about the Mayro. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the may hero.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Man, Welcome back to the mail room with doctor Jesse Mills and Jordan Runtal, producer extraordinaire.
Speaker 2: It's such a delight to be back with you.
Speaker 3: Last episode we had doctor j Sandlo, chair of the Division of Urology at Medical College of Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Is it a division or department?
Speaker 4: Jay, department, It is a department.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry. That's a big distinction. Department.
Speaker 4: I wasn't gonna correct you, but yeah.
Speaker 3: No, no, you please do it. This is it's you know, we we only do one take, whether it's good or bad. So that's that's kind of I'm called one take Mills around here. But but yeah, so the department.
Speaker 2: Eulogy of Medical consin Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: And we had a great talk about visseectims last time, which always goes right into the next conversation, which is whenever I talk with guys about vissectomy, I say it's the most definitive form of permanent birth control from a male until it isn't. And that's where reversal comes in. So welcome back to the mailor and Jay Geordan, thanks for joining us again, and glad you got your color back. We almost lost you from that last episode. And yeah, next time, don't wear a red shirt because I can tell the difference between your face and the rest of you, so that that we know when we get in trouble.
Speaker 2: A little squeamish around blood, litt scirmish on bood. Well okay, well we didn't even talk. Okay, we say to heemotoma. That's it. Other than that, it was bodily fluids, not blood.
Speaker 5: When Jesse and I do vasectomies, there's no blood anyway, so you don't have to worry exactly right.
Speaker 6: I'm very empathetic, you know, just hearing about these kinds of surgeries. It's just I instinctively I clamp up, I cringe back, you know what I mean. It just sounds painful to me, which I'm as you've said many times, you said this in the last episode. I'm sure we'll get more knowing this one is actually nowhere near as painful as I am making it out to be.
Speaker 2: Well, I will, and I don't know, Jay, do you.
Speaker 3: I started a couple of few years ago using nitrous for my sections.
Speaker 2: Do you have that or tell me what.
Speaker 5: You're no, I wish Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things. But you know I work out of a hospital based office, right, which means that I would have to have anesthesia privileges.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, we so when we talk offline. But there I did actually get up. It took me eight or nine months of to get it all the way through the UC regions, so that we now have a way to do it because it's not technically an anesthesia's analgeesus, but not for the listeners to listen to it and bore ourselves with hospital policies. But bottom line is that yeah, with nitrous it's even a little bit less painful than in the old days.
Speaker 2: But anyway, that's a physeectomy. That's past news.
Speaker 3: Now I'm that same forty two year old Dodger fan that has changed my mind, and we decided, in fact, after we won the World Series again that the world does need more Dodger fans, So talk to me about I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry shing his head.
Speaker 3: And again the Brewer is such a scrappy team, and the Blue Jays too. You know, low payroll baseball is probably where we should be at But on the other hand, gosh, it's so good to watch those guys win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, enough baseball.
Speaker 3: Talk to me about a reversal, so so I've changed my mind. Walk me through what that looks like, and is that the only way that I can get pregnant after a vseectomy? And then what are your average what's your average patient? I mean, tell me your some patient stories about what you're seen over the years.
Speaker 5: So when patients come to me to talk about reversals, you know, there's a couple of things that I think are really important to understand. First of all, is this the same relationship or as a new relationship. How many kids did you conceive before your vasectomy, because we do see a fair number of guys who never had kids had a vasectomy. Now they've met someone and they want to have kids. And how old is their partner, because that obviously is going to really impact the actual success of the reversal. You can do the best reversal technically, and if you've got a partner who's pre menopausal, she's not going to get pregnant. Doesn't matter how good of a job you do. I do let couples know that besides the reversal. There is an option to get sperm, either from the tesco or the epidymus, but that sperm has to be used within vitro fertilization that comes with it with its own set of costs and risks and whatnot. But assuming that this is a couple, and let's go with the couple you were just talking about. So they've got you know, they've got two kids, and the wife is you made her forty one, let's make her thirty eight done, and you did his vasectomy three years ago, and she's not ready to just be done. And you know, he's most guys, he wants to keep his wife happy. And you know, he's got a good job, so he can he can afford to get air to raise a third kid. Reversal is a really good option in a guy like that. And so what I do is, after I go through all that, I sort of explain the two different types of reversals that there are, and how we really can't determine which type they're going to get until we get in there and do the procedure. So when I counsel them, I always say, you know, I'm going to give you sort of worst case scenarios and then if you still want.
Speaker 4: To proceed, great.
Speaker 5: So what I do is I have a big poster in my office that shows the mail reproductive system, and I show them how sperm are made in the testicles, go through the epidemus into the vaz deference, and then after a vasectomy, the sperm don't have anywhere to go, so your body breaks them down reabsorbs them. But over time you get a build up of the break down products from those sperm and they back up into the epididymus. The epididymus can swell somewhat to sort of accommodate that. But if you are making sperm faster than your body can break them down, it is possible that with the backup of that fluid with all those sperm parts, that you can rupture the epididymus and cause a second blockage. The longer the time since the vasectomy, the greater the chance of that happening. But there's no absolute cut point. So I've had guys who are twenty five years out from their vasectomy that did not have that second blockage, and I've had guys who were.
Speaker 4: One or two years out that have.
Speaker 5: And so what we do is at the time of the reversal, we find the two ends of the vas. We open up the end attached to the tescl and we look at the fluid coming out, and if that fluid is clear fluid or kind of cloudy fluid and it's got we look at the fluid under a microscope. If we see sperm, they can be dead sperm, live sperm, they can.
Speaker 4: Be parts of sperm.
Speaker 5: Because sperm only live about four to six months within our body before our body breaks them down. Then we know that things are open all the way back to the teskull. We can hook the two ends of the vas deference back together. That's called the vaso vasostomy. On the other hand, if when you open up that end you just get a bunch of crud that comes out, and there's just when you look under a microscope you just see a bunch of white blood cells. You don't really see any sperm. That means there's probably another blockage closer to the testicle in the epididymous. Then you have to do what's called a vaseo epididymoscomy, where you're taking one end of the vas and plugging it into the epididymus. The analogy that I use is a vasavaseosomi is like coupling two fire hoses together. They match up pretty well and the success rate is really pretty high. But a vasoepididymostomy is actually like plugging a garden hose into a fire hose. There's a big seize mismatch. So it's a harder procedure to do and it doesn't work quite as well, although it definitely works better than if you did that first procedure, the vasovasostomy, when there was already a blockage in the epidimus.
Speaker 4: Those almost never work.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you didn't say rupture again for Jordan's sake.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, secondary blockage.
Speaker 5: I like that, right, And that's why it's important to go to someone who is a trained microsurgeon because a lot of people can put the VAZ deference back together in the office, even just using magnifying glasses. But if you can't put the VAZ deference into the epidiymus, then you're pretty much going to just get one type of reversal that may or may not even work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's critical.
Speaker 3: And you touched on a couple of things there, which was my next question for you is how do you measure success? And one of the things that I think we and I'd almost call this a myth based on what you just said, but it is in the literature, which is time from vasectomy. And so I think a lot of our reproductive endocrine colleagues read that paper from ninety one or ninety three. There you go, ninety one and it's stratified success by age. But you just said it, you know, twenty five years out. I'm say I've done a vv or I'm sorry vasavasast tom I got thirty years out.
Speaker 2: I think they sent him to me to fail and.
Speaker 3: He had modal sperm in his vast deference thirty years afterwards, which made me look like a hero.
Speaker 2: But I'm not.
Speaker 3: It just you know, I was able to put two pieces of fire hose together instead of a garden hose to a fire hose, as you said with your analogy. So it's not only time. So what else? How is will you cancel a couple when they come to your office? You say, well, look, you guys, you should just go right to IVF and sperm extraction. You said, age of the of the partner makes sense? What else is there anything else that you say? Look, I don't sure this.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: One question you have to ask is how easy was it for you to get pregnant first time around? Because I've had some guys who actually had fertility issues that male factor fertility issues that then got to aseectomy. Now they're coming back for a reversal, and I'm like, whoa, you were having issues before you even had the vasectomy. You may have even bigger issues after. Also, I will ask couples, how many kids do you want? You know, if you want to be one and done, maybe maybe you do want to do IVF so that you don't have to then go through another vasectomy after your reversal. That's the snip snap, snip snap from the office, right. And then I take some things into consideration, like insurance coverage. There's some people who have coverage for IVF but don't have coverage for reversals, or other way around. Who wants to go through What a reversal is, at least the way that I like to do it. It's a general anesthetic. It's not a major surgery, but it's certainly a bigger deal than the vasectomy and honestly a lot of it. I always tell couples there's no wrong answer, it's really your choice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad what you didn't do there, and I think this is because of your wisdom and experience. And one of the things we find an early career urologists and reproductive specialists.
Speaker 2: Is quoting percentages.
Speaker 3: And it is dangerous because if you want to just put it out in the literature and say, look, chance of vase of asostromy pregnancy is seventy percent, chance of IVF working is seventy percent, those numbers are published somewhere multiple times, but it really doesn't give anybody any a good decision making capacity unless, I mean, this is what happens if you put in to chat GPT, should I get a reversal or go to IVF.
Speaker 2: That's probably what they're going to quote.
Speaker 3: But there's so many other factors that are newts that that really does become that dialogue with the procedure list as well as somebody like you or I that is very plugged into the reproductive endocream community too, so we can you know, we can help steward them through because one of the things you said earlier, and I'd love for.
Speaker 2: You to unpack a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Not unpack really, They just explain is when you do a testicular or an epidimal sperm extraction, whether it's after a paseectomy or whether it's for other reasons. You said you can only do I v F with that sample. So walk me through what are the This is just going to be sort of a sidebar, but it helps because I get this a lot.
Speaker 2: Where why can't you just do IU.
Speaker 3: I with with an epidentimal aspiration? So first of all, teach us the alphabet soup that I just threw at you, and then second what that looks like to a patient in terms of making those decisions.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, and that's actually one of the more common questions I get. Well, can't you just pick a needle in the tesco and pull sperm out and then just put it up inside my wife? Well, artificial insemination, intrauterine insemination, same thing. Basically, all that is taking sperm, spinning it down, and then putting it up inside the uterus, So you're bypassing the vagina and the cervix, the two biggest barriers to pregnancy. The problem is you need lots of highly moving sperm. Because those sperm r'ches floating around in the uterus, they've got to swim up the tubes. They've got to find the egg and then fertilize the egg. So if you've got a bunch of sperm that are just kind of shaken and not really moving anywhere, they're never going to find the egg. So we can't get enough sperm from the testicle or even from the epidimus that are moving well enough that they're going.
Speaker 4: To be able to get up and find the egg. So in vitro fertilization.
Speaker 5: You only need one sperm for each egg, So now the sperm don't even have to be moving. So that's why you can we only use testicular sperm, but there are some labs that require epidimals sperm because the epidimal sperm move better. We've just found that the testicular sperm work just as well and they're a lot easier to get. I can do that in the office under local, but you have to do in vitro fertilization or IVF, where you're actually taking one sperm injecting it into the egg. That's called IXI. Yet more alphabet soup intraciteoplasmic sperm injection and then a certain percentage of those eggs will fertilize, and then you can put one or two of the fertilized eggs back inside. So it's a much more extensive procedure. And again we see a select group of patients where they're coming to see us.
Speaker 4: For a reversal.
Speaker 5: They've probably not all but probably have done at least some homework and have said, you know what, we want to go down the reversal route. But I do have some couples who were never aware that there are options. Similarly, because I work very closely with my reproductive endochronology parters, they will get couples who will come in having been told by their local guynecologists, oh, you've had of aseectomy, you have to do IVF, and my ariis will say to the couple, have you thought about a reversal, and often send them to me. And then you know, with the way our system works, there's no huge incentive for one of us to do one thing or the other, so we just want to do it's best for the couple. So I've had patients who came to see them that I end up doing a reversal. I've had some of my patients that I send to them to do IVF. It's really whatever works best for them.
Speaker 3: You've made a ton of really good points in there about keeping the patient centered and being in a system that you know the incentivization is there to how you best can to successfully end with the pregnancy. And I think one of the things that I cautioned patients if they come to me is if they're reading adverts for I'm going to the world's greatest visseectomy reversalist ever, and you know they're out there.
Speaker 2: There's so much that goes into this.
Speaker 3: And you and I both know that you know, at least I know personally that that I've had one or two basi of EMPAThiE domosome's over my twenty odd years that didn't work. And I've also had couples where there's no reason I should ever do reversal because of maternal age, because of prior fertility issues in the first place, where a guy at aligospermia. So there's so many things that go into it that it isn't just you know, a chest thumping match about you know, if you see any guy that or any any physician that wants to do your reversal and they spend more time bragging about how awesome they are, you probably should turn around and find a new physician, because you know, humility is what should drive all of us to do better by our patients. And if you lose that humility and then you're probably not operating enough. So that's that's great, and I think it's awesome that you're part of that system and that you have reproductive any chronologists that are willing to refer you aasians for reversal, which has also happened in my career over the years, but not as much. I also will say that the demographic is important. You're in Milwaukee. In the difference between my practice in Colorado where I was for I did a lot more reversals in Colorado than I do in Los Angeles. Part of it is socioeconomic. There's a little more affluence here where the price tag of IVF, which we haven't really talked about, but it's about three times more expensive to do a cycle of IVF than a reversal. But also the maternal age tends to be a creeping up a little bit on the West side of la. So that seems to match your what you're saying as well.
Speaker 2: So tell me. I have a story for you.
Speaker 3: But I'll see if you can, if you can up me, and I'll have you go first. Is there been Sometimes guys don't always tell the truth right, And they're in your office and yes, you're already thinking of a story, and they're saying, in a duck, I don't know why I can't get somebody pregnant.
Speaker 2: And I'm there with my partner, what can you to fix me? And they refuse that they've ever had of the sect me. Is that okay?
Speaker 3: So tell me, tell me what are your best stories about that? Without you know, remaining hippo compliant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'll never forget. I probably hadn't been Milwaukee more than about five years.
Speaker 5: I had an older gentleman, he was about fifty nine, denied any previous surgeries, never had had any children. He was dating a very attractive thirty eight year old.
Speaker 4: She really wanted kids and.
Speaker 5: Got the history and then went ahead to do the exam and he's like, could you ask her to step out? And I'm like, okay, that's fine. I mean most of the time I do the exam the partners in the room. But yeah, so as I'm examining him and I'm feeling these two defects in his vass deference, he goes, hey, Doc, I had of a sectomy, but I haven't told her because she really wants kids and I don't want to mess up this relationship. And I said, honestly, you know, you should probably tell her. If it's real, she'll understand. We can talk about a reversal. And he's like, no, no, I just can't do it. I said, all right, Well, she came back in. We talked about a surgery that could potentially restore his fertility. We didn't talk at all about you know, I said, well, it's possibly you have a blockage on both sides.
Speaker 4: And you know, it was.
Speaker 5: Just very very careful about never using the term vasectomy or vasectomy reversal. And you know, ultimately they did get married, and ultimately I did do a reversal.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, the reversal didn't work.
Speaker 5: He was pretty far out from his vasectomy, but we did get a sperm at the same time, and they ended up doing IVF made a beautiful little girl, and somewhere along the line he either came clean or she figured it out, but we had notes all over his chart to make sure that nobody would say anything to her about his reversal, that.
Speaker 4: It was his surgery. Yeah, but yeah, it was tough.
Speaker 2: It is tough.
Speaker 3: You know, it's an ethical dilemma for us, because of course we have to prospect patient autonomy, and he's your patient and she is and so you bring up that story, and that's very, very similar. Though my guy committed to the bit a little bit longer than your guy, and he and I have a few of these stories. But when I remember years and years ago, it's still in Colorado and he was working as a bouncer and was assaulted on the job where he had to go to the hospital, had to have some kind of surgery to fix the assault to the testicles.
Speaker 2: And that's what that was a story he went with, And that was a story that she knew.
Speaker 3: And I met and examined him, and same deal in exam canc of gosh, it feels exactly like you have clips, like you've had a vasectomy.
Speaker 2: And she was in the room said, no, Doc, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's just that they had to do something to fix my balls after I got beaten up on both sides. I said, that's that's a very I've never heard of a urologist attacking somebody outside of a bar and doing a vasectomy as a form of assault, but this is exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: And so he committed to the point where I.
Speaker 3: Said, well, look, okay, then I think the best thing is to is to actually do a biaps of your tested to make sure you're producing sperm. Because you didn't have kids before, we don't really know. And he committed to it. He actually, we did.
Speaker 2: We he doubled down, this is it, this is it.
Speaker 3: So so I do the biop, say come out, she's in the waiter, and said, God's great news.
Speaker 2: Sperm everywhere.
Speaker 3: The guy still never admitted to me that he had had of hseectomy. So I said, I think there's a reconstructive procedure that I.
Speaker 2: Can do to help you guys. He said, oh, doctor, this is a miracle. This is fantastic.
Speaker 3: And so then on the day of the reconstructive procedure, in the pre opholding you, he said, Doc, I got a level with you.
Speaker 2: I said, oh, do tell all ears.
Speaker 3: He said, I had of a sective and I said well if you told her yet, she said, I'm gonna, but I want to make sure this works first. I said, well, okay, if you come clean, great, we'll we'll, but I mean you went through an unnecessary procedure because you lied to me.
Speaker 2: He realized this.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, well I'm here now. And so I thought that guy was committed enough that that. You know, we all make mistakes, so we had all want to own up to what we've done before. So so yeah, it's it's truly amazing that of what I would say new relationships. So let's look at this positive and say, okay, this this person is finally they've met each other, and they went on to you know, to have kids.
Speaker 5: Well I have one that I am sure you see a lot of talk to. So got a guy mid forties, second marriage again, you know, younger, attractive wife comes in, wants a reversal. He's like seven eight years out, so not super long, not super short, And we get into the r and he's got no fluid coming out of the out of the testicular.
Speaker 4: End either side. Wow, Like all right.
Speaker 5: I mean, even with epidimal obstruction, you usually see something coming out some paced. A lot of times if you like, irrigate towards the testicle real gently, you can get a little bit of sperm to come out.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 5: So call out to the wife and the waiting room. I'm like, hey, you know, he said he wasn't on any medication. Do you know is he on an testosterone or anything like that? And she's like no, said okay, so I BIOPSI um. I look under the microscope and he's got some sperm in his tissue, but not tons. I'm like, well, I'm just gonna hook him back together do avasovesostomy because I don't think he has epidemal obstruction. I think maybe he's just not making a lot of sperm. So through a VV on both sides, he goes back to recovery. I start my next case. After that case, I come back to see how he's doing. I walk in. She's like bawling her eyes out. He is just got this look on his face like I just messed up so badly. Turns out he'd been on testosterone. Oh boy, didn't tell anybody. He was at one of the local clinics getting you know, T replacement, and I had to talk both of them off a ledge. Ultimately, you know, we got them on hCG and clomate and ultimately ended up getting sperm and they got pregnant. Look at that, it was really like, you have to think as a guy, We have to think of everything that guys may or may.
Speaker 4: Not tell you.
Speaker 3: Right, you bring up an amazing point that actually I will add that Perrol because it's a really good one. But yeah, that some of the guys that they put on the jail because we had a whole podcast on how to do testostera and how it's a great form of male birth control, they don't think of it as a medica. It's not a pill, it's not an injection. It's just a little hand sanitizer. Ifter on still works is birth control. But one thing that I found in my guys on testosterone therapy is that I've always been able to do it a vv that there's something about and we've never done the clinical study. We've talked about it year after year of somebody that's long term post phpsectomy when we put them on testosterone, clear out all that past, all of those byproducts of a sperm degradation and see what happens. But but yeah, in some ways that's you know, had you known that ahead of time, you would have had a less stress You wouldn't have had to buy up see the guy.
Speaker 2: You would have had a much.
Speaker 3: Less stressful day in the order to figure it out. So so yeah, guys, be honest with your doctors. It's just you and us in the room, and we've heard it all. We've seen it all, so just make sure that we're on your side, because we are and that's what we're all about. So yeah, I mean, I will say, one of the most gratifying things, even after all these years, and it probably dates back to when I watched you do your the first reversal I ever saw in my life was the one that you were doing. And there's nothing more gratifying than seeing that guy just had it a few days ago, who was in I think in June, and we did it, had a unilateral VASOEPI and a VV on the other side for the same fluid characteristics. And you know, to see his first essay come Maxima and Alice come back and he had maybe three million, and he comes back a month later and it's five and then yesterday was normal just a few months later. Right, you can't fake that, like you're taking somebody that you have a lab test that shows zero and then you make it not zero. And as a surgeon, there's nothing more gratifying and knowing that then that's going to help somebody on their pregnancy goals. I mean, that's one of the coolest things we do, is microsurgeons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's funny because the cancer docs are always, oh, you know, we're saving lives, we're curing cancer, and I'm like, I'm saving more human lives than you are.
Speaker 4: I'm creating a whole new life. Seventy eighty years.
Speaker 5: You're given some seventy five year old guy an extra five years.
Speaker 2: That's right. I love this.
Speaker 3: This is the eurological pissing matches between divisional specialties.
Speaker 2: Is right?
Speaker 3: And then we're making a family tree for God's sakes. All right, Jordan, you managed to not pass out, so that's a good sign that we made it through. But but you're still conspicuously quiet for yourself. So, so what did we miss on the secondomy reversal? What is it that that you want to know that that you think we didn't we didn't cover in this this half hour.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm just still in a state of shock.
Speaker 4: By some of the stories you've told me. I mean, these sounds sound like episodes of House to me.
Speaker 6: I mean, just be I mean, your view of human nature must take a knock, I imagine in a way that I did not expect.
Speaker 2: It's the opposite.
Speaker 3: No, I mean we because we're so forgiving, you know, we and uh and I don't judge.
Speaker 4: We don't judge judgment.
Speaker 3: One of the things you learn in residency and I don't you know, and when I was in residencey we we take care of of of prison. And one of the first things you're told is that you never asked what they did, because you never went to cloud your judgment. But I carry that through every patient encounter. And I see because a I don't think I would do things differently. I'm still going to give, you know, a convict the best procedure I can because it's the right thing to do as a human being. So yeah, it's actually the opposite. I think is that, you know, it just makes for good stories, Jordan. That's all it does, is it makes for how what did you see today? And that that's the fun part about what we do as physicians is we get to take care everybody.
Speaker 4: You're a good man, both you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess.
Speaker 6: Thinking about approaching this episode, I realized that so much of the focus has been on vaseectomies and myths about it. I realized that I knew very little actually about reversing vaseectamies. Are there myths about that that you would look to clear up about that? Things that maybe didn't naturally occur to me?
Speaker 4: What do you have a sperm an of bodies? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good?
Speaker 5: Oh we always talk about No, you don't want to rehearsal ble work because you're making anisperm antibodies.
Speaker 4: So wow.
Speaker 5: Our immune system does not recognize our sperm as ourselves because the sperm don't develop until we go through puberty, so our immune system has already formed. So the testicle has a way of walling off the sperm from the blood streams so that your immune system never sees your sperm. Any kind of injury, including of a sectomy, will now expose sperm to the immune system, and you will make antibodies against your sperm. So there's this myth that reversals won't work because these anisperm antibodies will attack and kill all your sperm, and so they're never going to It just isn't going to work. And I mean, I don't know about you, Jesse, but it is rare, like probably less than ten percent of guys who I see who have successful reversals but can't get pregnant because they're so much clumping of the sperm from the antibodies that they don't.
Speaker 3: Move right right now, that's one of the things you look for under the microscope for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but again we have a fix for that anyhow, So you put them on a little pregnant zone if they need it, and their right is rerain. So now that's a great myth, yeah, because I think that does turn a lot of people away, especially when they hear it from another physician, like, oh, well, this doctor's telling me this, so obviously Sandlo doesn't know what he's talking about. So I guess I'm going to do IVF instead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, makes sense. Well, I think you've done it again.
Speaker 3: You've wasted another thirty to forty minutes with a bunch of urologists talking about about vaz as it was sick to be reversals. Bit boy, I he sture had a lot of fun with you, Jay. As always, I can't wait to hang out with you at the next meeting.
Speaker 5: I agree, Yes, it's first of all, like I said, I'm so proud of everything you have accomplished. And you know, this is why we do what we do, right, And I mean you do the same thing. You you turn out residents and fellows and then you watch them go on to do bigger and better things, and I just you are incredible.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I don't first of all, I'm going to start listening to this podcast because I haven't feeling i'd really like it. But you know, Jordan, I don't know if you know, Jesse runs one of the most successful fellowships like this for infertility. And it's great that we finally got you to come on board with the match, which was a really big deal.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, yes, it's uh yes, I think you forced forced me at gunpoint to eating my young So yes, I said, okay much. No, I mean, this is this is great And I will tell you what you said I had. I got texted from one of my fellows that just graduated last year. On our second day in the office. She did seventeen visectomies yesterday. So keep this, oh corone, I said, geez, Nancy, that's more than I've done in a week.
Speaker 2: That's uh, and I thought I didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's yeah, they set them up, set them up and knock them down in that practice.
Speaker 2: But yeah, good for her exactly. So. So No, this is great. This is why we do what we do.
Speaker 3: I appreciate your time away from your family and from the gym. You might be able to let me catch up to your bench press if I keep you on any longer, which.
Speaker 2: Would be nice.
Speaker 3: And yes, we'll let the cool stratocaster guitar stylings of Long Transit take us out.
Speaker 2: Jordan, thanks again for another episode.
Speaker 3: You can't wait for everybody to tune back in and see what we got coming out next.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it. Let's talk about the Maro, Let's talk about it. Let's talk about the man Hero, Let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about.
Speaker 6: The Mailroom with Doctor Jesse Mills was a production of iHeartRadio. It was executive produced by Jordan Runtag. It was edited, mixed, and mastered by Beheid Fraser, and the theme was provided by Long Transit. If you liked what you heard, please subscribe and leave a review for more podcasts, from iHeart Radio, check out the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 2: This program is.
Speaker 6: Intended for educational and informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Consult your healthcare provider for any medical or other related questions or concerns. The views and discussions aired on this podcast are those of doctor Mills and do not represent the official positions of UCLA or UCLA Health